时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:19] | Dad he’s doing it again. Must this dog stare at me all the time? | 爸他又来了 这狗怎么非得盯着我看不可啊 |
[00:23] | I don’t know. Eddie, must you? | 我不知道 Eddie 是吗 |
[00:28] | Apparently he must. | 显然是的 |
[00:30] | What is so fascinating about me? What is it? | 我有什么好看的 到底是啥 |
[00:34] | In your eyes is my head a large piece of kibble? | 是因为我的头像个大圆磨吗 |
[00:39] | Am I some sort of canine enigma? | 我是狗狗难解之谜吗 |
[00:44] | Think about it. Get back to me. | 好好想一想 再来告诉我 |
[00:46] | Here we go, gents, dinner’s up. | 先生们 晚饭准备好了 |
[00:48] | Can I give you a hand clear up your papers? | 需要我帮你整理这些文件吗 |
[00:49] | No, you better let me. I need these in particular order. | 放着我来 我需要一个特定的顺序来排放 |
[00:53] | What is all this anyway? | 那到底是什么 |
[00:55] | An old case of mine from the police force, the weeping lotus murder. | 我还是警察时候的一个老案子 哭泣的莲花谋杀案 |
[00:59] | Dad I can’t believe you’re still trotting this old thing out? | 你竟然还在重复看这个老案子 |
[01:01] | He’s been trying to solve this case for 20 years. | 他追查这个案子已经二十年了 |
[01:03] | And I’m not stopping till I do solve it. | 不破案之前我是不会停手的 |
[01:06] | You got absurd instinct when you’re a cop. | 警察都有灵敏的直觉 |
[01:08] | And my instinct tells me this case can be cracked. | 我的直觉告诉我这个案子一定可破 |
[01:11] | There must be one small thing I keep overlooking. | 肯定有一个我一直没注意到的细节 |
[01:14] | There is, who the murderer was. | 其实就是 谁是凶手 |
[01:19] | It’s nice you’re still so dedicated. | 你还这么努力真好 |
[01:22] | It’s a hobby. Some guys build a boat in the garage. | 这是个爱好 有的人在车库里造小艇 |
[01:25] | I try to figure out why a maniac kills a hooker | 我喜欢思考为什么一个疯子杀了一个妓女 |
[01:28] | and try to stuff her entire body into a bowling bag. | 然后整个尸体塞进一个保龄球包 |
[01:31] | It’s relaxing. | 放松心情 |
[01:34] | – Hello, Niles. – Sorry I’m late, Frasier. | -你好 -不好意思 我来晚了 |
[01:36] | Just we were leaving, | 就在我们出门之前 |
[01:37] | Maris had a run-in with a rude Directory Assistance operator. | Maris跟一个无礼的号码查询台接线员吵了一架 |
[01:40] | It shattered her calm. | 打破了她的平静 |
[01:43] | Have you ever consider that maybe Maris is a bit high-strung. | 听起来Maris有点精神敏感 |
[01:46] | Maybe she should see someone. | 也许她该去看医生 |
[01:47] | She’s seen everyone. | 她看过好多个了 |
[01:48] | Why do you think she was calling Directory Assistance? | 不然她为什么要打电话给号码查询台 |
[01:51] | Evening, Dr Crane. | 晚上好 Crane博士 |
[01:53] | Hello, Daphne. So good to see you again. | 你好 Daphne 很高兴又见到你了 |
[01:55] | What an enchanting scent you’re wearing. | 你的香水味真迷人 |
[01:57] | Must be the ranch dressing. | 肯定是因为农场沙拉酱 |
[02:02] | – Won’t Mrs Crane be coming? – No, I’m afraid not. | – Crane太太不来吗 – 恐怕不来 |
[02:05] | And please, no more of this “Dr and Mrs Crane” formality. | 不要这样拘于礼节的称呼我们了 |
[02:07] | To you, it’s Niles and… uh… | 你可以叫 Niles 和 |
[02:11] | – Maris. – Yes, Maris. | – Maris -对 Maris |
[02:15] | – Glad you could join us, Niles. – I wouldn’t have missed it. | – 真高兴你能来一起吃饭 – 我可期待了 |
[02:19] | Well, I guess the food’s all ready. Why don’t we just go ahead and start. | 好吧 晚饭已经做好了 我们开动吧 |
[02:22] | – Well, enjoy. – Where are you going? | – 大家慢慢吃 – 你去哪儿 |
[02:25] | – I thought I’d have mine in the kitchen. – Don’t be ridiculous. | – 我以为我得在厨房吃 – 别傻了 |
[02:28] | Yes, we can’t have you eating by yourself in the kitchen. I’ll join you. | 对啊 我们可不能让你一个人在厨房吃 我陪你 |
[02:33] | We’re all eating right here, like a family. End of discussion. | 我们都在这儿吃 像一家人一样 别废话 |
[02:37] | Well, isn’t this nice. Feels just like home. | 真好啊 就像在家一样 |
[02:41] | – I’m femished. – Me, too. | – 我饿坏了 – 我也是 |
[02:44] | You boys still say a prayer before you eat? | 你们这些孩子吃饭前还祈祷么 |
[02:46] | – Oh, almost out of tips. – Yes, yes. | – 差点忘了 – 是的 是的 |
[02:51] | We thank you, Lord, for the food we’re about to eat. | 我们感谢您上帝 感谢您赐给我们食物 |
[02:54] | You’ve blessed our table with your bounty. | 你慷慨地施舍我们 |
[02:58] | And thank You, Lord, for bringing this family together. | 感谢您上帝 让这家人重聚 |
[03:02] | And we also thank you for your other gifts. | 还感谢您赐予我们其他的礼物 |
[03:06] | And may we always remember to share with those less fortunate. | 希望我们永远记得把拥有的分享给不幸的人 |
[03:09] | – Stop staring! – I wasn’t staring. | – 别盯着看了 – 我没盯着看 |
[03:19] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[03:25] | So Frasier, did you happen to read | Frasier 你有没有读到 |
[03:27] | Derek Mann’s column today? You were mentioned. | Derek Mann今天的专栏 他提到了你 |
[03:29] | – No, I missed it. – Just as well. It wasn’t flattering. | – 没看到 – 也好 说的不是什么好话 |
[03:33] | – Still, I’d like to have seen it anyway. – Oh well, why didn’t you say so? | – 我还是有点想看 – 干嘛不早说 |
[03:38] | If I may ask, who’s Derek Mann? | 我想问问 谁是Derek Mann |
[03:40] | He writes that “Mann About Town” Column for the Times. | 他给泰晤士报写城中小事的专栏 |
[03:43] | Boy, the things that guy comes out with. | 他写的东西可棒了 |
[03:45] | Sometimes, he’s really funny. What did he say about you? | 有时候他非常好笑 他说你什么 |
[03:47] | “I hate Frasier Crane.” | 我讨厌Frasier Crane |
[03:53] | – Oh, sorry. – That’s it? “I hate Frasier Crane”? That’s it? | – 真抱歉呐 – 就这样吗 我讨厌Frasier Crane |
[03:57] | Don’t let it bother you. | 别伤心 |
[03:59] | Well, actually it doesn’t, Dad. | 事实上我不伤心 |
[04:00] | I knew when I chose the career in the public eye | 当我选择这个将自己暴露在镁光灯下的职业时 |
[04:02] | that I’d be open to criticism. | 我就知道会经受非议 |
[04:04] | It’s the price I pay for my celebrity. | 这是我为了名气要付出的代价 |
[04:06] | But thank you Niles, for bringing me the paper. | 但还是谢谢你带来这张报纸 |
[04:09] | And thank you for highlighting it in yellow. | 还谢谢你用黄色荧光笔标出来 |
[04:16] | – Who’d like some wine? – I would have some. | – 谁想来点酒 – 我要一点 |
[04:18] | Daphne, the salad is exquisite. | Daphne 这沙拉真是美味 |
[04:20] | Why would he say that? | 他为什么要说这样的话 |
[04:22] | Must be the carrots. He always did like them. | 也许是胡萝卜 他一直喜欢胡萝卜 |
[04:25] | Not the salad. Derek Mann. I mean…Why would he write that thing like that? | 不是说沙拉 Derek Mann 他为什么要写这种话 |
[04:30] | I’ve never done anything to him. | 我又没对他做过什么 |
[04:31] | This attack is totally unwarranted. | 这种攻击简直是莫须有的 |
[04:34] | I’m a healer, for God’s sake. | 我的工作可是治愈别人啊 |
[04:35] | Oh, for crying out loud. | 别闹了 |
[04:36] | Oh well Dad, I’ve every right to be upset about this. | 爸 我有权利对此感到沮丧 |
[04:39] | I will not enjoy my dinner until | 如果不把这扔进垃圾桶 |
[04:40] | this is where it belongs, in the trash. | 我饭都吃不下 |
[04:42] | – Oh oh oh! There was article in there I wanted to save. – On what? | – 里面有篇文章我想要留下来 – 关于啥的 |
[04:47] | – Nothing. – Come on, I’m interested. | – 没啥 – 说啊 我想听 |
[04:49] | – Oh, let’s drop it. – Why can’t you tell me? | – 别问了 – 为什么不能告诉我 |
[04:51] | Alright. It was all about Margaret Thatcher’s | 好吧 是关于Margaret Thatcher |
[04:53] | secret for growing price winning zinnias. Are you happy? | 种植优质百日菊的秘方 高兴了吧 |
[04:58] | Not really. | 不高兴 |
[05:04] | All right, Lorraine now, calm down. | Lorraine 你冷静点 |
[05:07] | and try to listen to what I’m going to say to you. Will you do that? | 仔细听我要跟你说的 好吗 |
[05:10] | – ‘OK.’ – All right, good girl. Now your problem… | – 好的 – 真乖 你的问题 |
[05:14] | ‘Oh, my gosh. That’s call waiting. | 天啊 是呼叫等待 |
[05:16] | Someone else is trying to get through. Do you mind if I take it?’ | 有人打电话给我 你介意我接一下吗 |
[05:19] | No. Go right ahead. | 没事 接吧 |
[05:22] | It’s certainly a very interesting situation she’s got herself into. | 她把自己搞进了一个颇为有趣的处境里 |
[05:26] | Don’t you think so, Roz? | Roz 你觉得呢 |
[05:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:34] | ‘OK, I’m back.’ | 好的 我回来了 |
[05:36] | All right, Lorraine. Now listen carefully to what I going to tell you. | 好的 洛瑞 现在认真听我说 |
[05:39] | Your problem seemed… | 你的问题看上去 |
[05:40] | ‘Oh. I’m sorry. I’ll be right back.’ | 不好意思 我马上回来 |
[05:46] | For someone who’s got so many problems, she certainly is popular. | 对于一个问题这么多的人来说 她还真是受欢迎 |
[05:52] | ‘OK. Go ahead, Dr Crane. I’m here.’ | 好的 继续吧Crane医生 我来了 |
[05:55] | ‘Ahh, I don’t believe this, another call!’ | 天啊 又来了一个电话 |
[05:58] | Hold it right there, Lorraine. The reason you want to take that other call is | 停下来Lorraine 你想要接这个电话的原因 |
[06:01] | the same reason that you want to change your career | 跟你想换工作 |
[06:03] | and break up with your boyfriend. | 和分手的原因是一样的 |
[06:05] | You’re obsessed with what you think you’re missing, | 你太想追求你觉得会错过的东西 |
[06:07] | The “better off” or | 是不是另一种生活方式会更好 |
[06:09] | the “Call on the other line”. | 或是不是另一条线上的电话更重要 |
[06:11] | Well, you’ve got to take one call at a time from now on. | 从现在开始 你必须一个一个电话来 |
[06:14] | Fully explore and experience each one in its turn, | 按部就班地体会和探索生命中的每一件事 |
[06:18] | and you’ll be a stronger person for it. Do you follow me? | 你会变的更强大 听懂了吗 |
[06:22] | ‘OK, I’m back!’ | 行了 我回来啦 |
[06:31] | Thank you for your call. | 谢谢你的来电 |
[06:35] | Well we only have a few minutes left. | 只剩几分钟了 |
[06:36] | So I would like to end today’s programm on a personal note. | 我想用一件私事来结束今天的节目 |
[06:41] | As some of you may know, yesterday, | 你们其中的一些人知道 |
[06:43] | I was mentioned in Derek Mann’s “Mann About Town” column. | 昨天Derek Mann在他的城中小事专栏中提到了我 |
[06:47] | He said, and I quote, “I hate Frasier Crane.” | 他说 我讨厌Frasier Crane |
[06:54] | “I HATE Frasier Crane.” | 我讨厌Frasier Crane |
[07:00] | What trenchant criticism. Move aside, Voltaire. | 多么鞭辟入里的批评 伏尔泰 你弱爆了 |
[07:05] | Step back into the shadows, H.L. Mencken, | Mencken先生 你也退下吧 |
[07:07] | there’s a new kid in town. | 这颗雄辩界的新星已经升起了 |
[07:11] | One can only wonder how many hours | 我们不禁要问 |
[07:14] | Derek Mann sat in the glow of his computer screen | Derek Mann在电脑屏幕的微光前坐了多久 |
[07:17] | before his trembling fingers sprang to life | 颤抖的手指突然找到灵感 |
[07:20] | and pecked out this chef d’oeuvre, | 写出了这样的精美句子 |
[07:24] | “I hate Frasier Crane.” | 我讨厌Frasier Crane |
[07:27] | A lesser critic would have wasted our time | 缺少这种天才的评论家会白白浪费时间 |
[07:30] | by presenting a well-thought out, point-by-point, | 来精心思考 逐点论证 |
[07:34] | constructive critique of this show. | 对节目提出建设性批评 |
[07:36] | But, no, not our Mr Mann. | 但是 我们的Mann先生没有这么做 |
[07:40] | So, dear listeners, | 所以 亲爱的听众们 |
[07:41] | when Mr Mann’s column arrives on your doorstep, | 当你们拿到Mann先生的专栏 |
[07:44] | read it, enjoy it, but above all, treasure it. | 你要读 要欣赏 最重要的是 要珍藏 |
[07:48] | For one day, this man will join the pantheon of the immortals. | 因为 有一天这位先生会步入不朽的殿堂 |
[07:53] | And, if we’re lucky, it’ll be one day soon. | 如果我们幸运的话 那一天不会很久了 |
[07:58] | I’m Dr Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[08:09] | – Frasier, how funny running into you here. – I’m always here. | – 居然在这里遇到你 – 我经常都在这儿 |
[08:12] | Yes, you weren’t here 20 minutes ago. | 20分钟前你可不在这儿 |
[08:14] | – Have you seen today’s “Times”? – No. | – 你看今天的泰晤士报了吗 – 没有 |
[08:18] | Lucky for you, I saved you this copy. Take a look at Derek Mann’s column. | 你走运了 我帮你留着呢 快看Derek Mann的专栏 |
[08:21] | You know this is the second time in these many days | 这是这几天来你第二次 |
[08:23] | that you’ve given me a paper. | 给我送报纸了 |
[08:25] | Have you ever considered getting yourself a route? | 有没有考虑过找份送报的工作 |
[08:30] | Hello. I don’t believe we’ve met. | 你好 我们还没见过吧 |
[08:32] | Yes we have, Niles, three or four times, Roz Doyle. | 我们见过 见过三四次了 我是Roz Doyle |
[08:35] | Oh, of course. It was at the, uh… | 当然 我们上次在 |
[08:39] | It was during the, uh… | 上次遇见是在 |
[08:41] | Well, I’m far too successful to feel awkward. Where did we meet? | 好吧 我丢脸丢得太成功了 我们在哪儿见的 |
[08:47] | – The radio station. – I’ll take your word for it. Nice to see you again. | – 广播台 – 你说是就是吧 很高兴再次见到你 |
[08:51] | Apparently, Mr Mann heard your programme yesterday. | 显然Mann先生昨天听了你的节目 |
[08:54] | So I see. “Yesterday afternoon, Dr Frasier Crane got on my case | 这里说 昨天 Frasier Crane医生对我提了点意见 |
[08:58] | “For not giving a point-by-point criticism of his radio show. | 他说我没有逐点地批评他的节目 |
[09:02] | “Well, he asked for it, so here it goes.” | 好吧 他自找的 下面我就开始了 |
[09:05] | Oh, my god. His entire column is about your show. | 我的天啊 这次他整个专栏都是关于你的节目 |
[09:07] | Not very flattering, either. | 而且不是什么好话 |
[09:09] | Towards the end, he even attacks your | 在结尾处 他甚至攻击了你那个 |
[09:10] | “Dim-witted sidekick call screener”. | 脑袋不太灵光的电话筛选搭档 |
[09:12] | That’s me! | 那就是我 |
[09:14] | Oh, now I remember you. | 现在我记得你了 |
[09:20] | “It’s hard to say what to hate most about Crane’s show,” | 很难判断Crane的节目哪一部分我最讨厌 |
[09:23] | “His pompous, sanctimonious style,” | 他浮夸 道貌岸然的风格 |
[09:25] | “his constant self-congratulatory references to his own life,” | 他无时无刻不自满地提及他的个人经历 |
[09:29] | “Or his voice, a mock sympathetic tone so sickly sweet,” | 还是他的声音 假装有同情心而甜得病态的语气 |
[09:34] | “One wonders if the man graduated from medical school” | 人们禁不住要问 他真的毕业于医学院吗 |
[09:36] | “Or from some mind-controlling cult.” | 还是毕业于某个控制人心的邪教 |
[09:40] | – It’s continued on 12. – I’ve read enough! | – 12版还有 – 我看够了 |
[09:43] | – Can I get you folks anything? – How could a man say something like that? | – 我能帮你们拿点什么吗 – 怎么可以说出这种话 |
[09:47] | – It’s my job. I’m a waiter. – We don’t want anything, thank you. | – 这是我的工作 我是侍应 – 我们什么都不要 谢谢 |
[09:52] | Listen, Frasier, I know this stinks. But in a couple of days, it’ll blow over. | 听着 我知道这糟透了 但是几天之后会过去的 |
[09:56] | Perhaps you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[09:58] | As angry as it makes me, | 虽然我很愤怒 |
[10:00] | to retaliate would be to stoop to his level. | 但是要回击就必须把自己降到他的层次 |
[10:02] | The best response is no response at all. | 最好的回应就是不回应 |
[10:06] | Pompous and sanctimonious, am I? | 浮夸且道貌岸然 是吗 |
[10:09] | Well Mr.Mann can’t even write grammatical sentences. | Mann先生根本写不了一个语法完整的句子 |
[10:12] | Every five words there’s another one of his precious dot-dot-dots. | 每五个词都来一个他最爱的点点点 |
[10:16] | Must because he likes making all those dots | 铁定是因为他很喜欢 |
[10:18] | with the crayon he writes this drivel with! | 他用蜡笔写文章时画点点 |
[10:23] | Dr Crane, on line two we have Stewart, | Crane医生 Stewart在二号线上 |
[10:26] | who’s having a problem with delayed gratification. | 他说自己没办法做到延迟享乐 |
[10:28] | Well, he’s just gonna have to wait! | 那就让他等等吧 |
[10:32] | I don’t know who this Derek Mann thinks he is, | 我不知道这个Derek Mann觉得他自己是谁 |
[10:34] | but if he thinks he can hide behind his newspaper | 如果他觉得他可以躲在报纸后面 |
[10:36] | like some sniffering school child crawling behind a tree, | 就像个偷偷摸摸的小孩子一样躲在树后面 |
[10:40] | Then I say, let’s expose this Derek Mann for what he is, | 我看 那就让我们揭开他的伪装吧 |
[10:42] | not a man at all, but half a man. | 他根本不是一个男人 他半个男人 |
[10:46] | – Now what line did you say Stewart is on? – He hung up. | – 你刚刚说Stwart在哪条线上 – 他挂了 |
[10:49] | Well, I’m leaving all sorts of bodies in my wake today. | 今天是我的觉醒之日 踏着无数尸体而来 |
[10:53] | Let’s see who’s on line five. | 我们看看五号线上是谁在打电话 |
[10:55] | Hello, this is Dr Frasier Crane. I’m listening. | 你好 我是Frasier Crane医生 您请讲 我听着呢 |
[10:59] | – ‘Good, ‘cos I was listening, too.’ – And you are? | – 很好 因为我也在听着 – 你是 |
[11:02] | Derek Mann ‘Derek Mann.’ | |
[11:05] | I see. | 是吗 |
[11:08] | ‘Look, nobody calls me half a man, | 从没人敢说我不是真男人 |
[11:10] | especially some Ivy League twit. | 特别是常春藤的蠢货 |
[11:12] | ‘So what do you say we settle this…like men?’ | 要不要我们像男人一样解决这个问题 |
[11:16] | Are you implying that you want to fight me? | 你是在暗示要跟我打一架吗 |
[11:19] | ‘I’m not implying it. I’m saying it.’ | 我没在暗示 我说的就是要打一架 |
[11:21] | Fight as in a fist fight? | 用拳头的那种 |
[11:23] | ‘No, I thought we might throw pies at each other. | 不 互相扔馅饼的那种 |
[11:27] | ‘So are you up to it, or aren’t YOU man enough?’ | 你够胆来吗 还是你不够男人 |
[11:38] | We’ll be right back after these messages. | 广告之后马上回来 |
[11:43] | And we’re back. Well we have a surprise caller on the line, | 回到节目 我们接到了一个意料之外的来电 |
[11:47] | Derek Mann Derek Mann. | |
[11:49] | ‘So what’s it gonna be, Crane? You gonna fight me or not?’ | 到底要怎样 你要不要跟我打 |
[11:52] | – You can’t be serious. – ‘Just as I figured. You’re chicken.’ | – 你不会是认真的吧 – 跟我想的一样 你是胆小鬼 |
[11:55] | No, I just don’t think civilized people behave that way. | 不是 我只是不觉得任何有素养的人会这么做 |
[11:58] | You know Roz, perhaps our listeners have an opinion about this subject. | 也许听众朋友们对此有话要说 |
[12:01] | What do we have on the line? | 观众们都有些啥意见呢 |
[12:03] | Well, lines one through eight are people who think you’re chicken. | 八条线上的听众都觉得你是胆小鬼 |
[12:07] | – ‘You’re chicken, Crane. Admit it.’ – I’m not chicken! | – 你是胆小鬼 承认吧 – 我不是胆小鬼 |
[12:12] | We are mature, thinking people, not cavemen. | 我们是成熟 有思想的人 不是山顶洞人 |
[12:16] | Oh all right! You want a fight so bad, I’ll give you a fight. | 你这么想打一架的话 我就跟你打 |
[12:19] | You just name the time and place. | 说好时间跟地点 |
[12:20] | ‘Kinsley Square, right outside your office,’ | Kinsley广场 就在你办公室外 |
[12:23] | ‘by the old statue, noon tomorrow.’ | 旧雕像旁边 明天中午 |
[12:25] | ‘Don’t back out.’ | 别爽约 |
[12:28] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[12:30] | Don’t you back out, either, | 你也别爽约 |
[12:32] | because I know where your office is, too, | 我也知道你的办公室在哪里 |
[12:35] | and I know where you live, and I’ll track you down! | 我还知道你家在哪 我会追踪你的 |
[12:40] | Now who else out there wants a piece of me? | 还有谁想试试我的厉害 |
[12:45] | Having a look at that old murder case again? | 又在看那个杀人案呐您 |
[12:48] | Yeah, I dug out the old crime scene photos. | 是的 我在翻犯罪现场的旧照片 |
[12:51] | Don’t be a greedy guts. Let’s have a look. | 别自己占着啊 也给我看看 |
[13:03] | Her name was Helen. | 她的名字叫Helen |
[13:05] | Yeah, it was. | 是的 你说对了 |
[13:08] | You must have seen that on some of my papers I have lying around. | 你肯定是在我到处乱放的文件上看见了 |
[13:10] | No, I just got this feeling when I touched the picture. | 不 我的手碰到照片时有一个感觉 |
[13:13] | – You’re putting me on. – She had a lot of men in her life. | – 你在逗我玩 – 她生命里有很多男人 |
[13:18] | No kidding. She was a hooker. | 必须啊 她是妓女 |
[13:21] | No, I mean she had four brothers. | 不是 我是说她有四个兄弟 |
[13:25] | That’s amazing. She did have four brothers. | 太厉害了 她确实有四个兄弟 |
[13:29] | What else are you getting? | 你还看到了什么 |
[13:32] | Come on. Tell me more. | 来嘛 都告诉我 |
[13:34] | I can’t just turn it on and off like a faucet. | 通灵又不是水龙头说开就能开 |
[13:38] | Give it a try, will you please? What else are you getting? | 试试吧 求你了 你还看到什么 |
[13:42] | Nothing… No, wait. | 没什么 不 等等 |
[13:45] | – I see a man. – Yeah? | -我看到一个男人 – 是吗 |
[13:47] | A well-dressed man. He’s wearing wing tips and a trench coat. | 打扮得很好的男人 穿着尖头皮鞋和风衣 |
[13:52] | Yeah, yeah. | 是吗 是吗 |
[13:53] | He’s getting off an elevator. He’s walking down a long hallway. | 他正从电梯下来 穿过长长的走廊 |
[13:58] | She doesn’t know he’s coming. He’s opening the door. | 她一点也不知道他正在走来 他打开了门 |
[14:02] | Hello, everyone. | 大家好啊 |
[14:07] | Sometimes I get me signals crossed. | 有的时候我的信号会被打断 |
[14:11] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么 |
[14:13] | Unless you killed a hooker when you are 12, not the much. | 除非你12岁时杀了个妓女 不然没什么 |
[14:18] | We heard your show today. | 我们听了你的节目 |
[14:19] | I just loved the way you handled that Derek Mann. | 我欣赏你对待Derek Mann的方法 |
[14:22] | You made your old man proud. | 你让你爸很骄傲 |
[14:24] | The best part is when he challenged you to a fight | 特别是他约你打架时 |
[14:27] | and you stood right up to him. | 你勇敢答应的时候 |
[14:28] | – Yes, I did, didn’t I? – Boy, I can’t wait to see that. | – 是的 我答应了 是吗 – 我都等不及要看了 |
[14:34] | Well, I’m not actually gonna go through with it, Dad. | 我并不是真的要去打架啊 爸爸 |
[14:38] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[14:40] | Well, I already won our little war of words. | 我口头上已经赢了 |
[14:43] | What would I stand benefit by actually going through a fist fight? | 真去打一架我还怎么能占到上风呢 |
[14:46] | Frasier, maybe I’m misunderstanding something here. | 也许我是误解了点什么 |
[14:49] | He challenged you, and you’re backing down? | 他挑衅你 你却退缩吗 |
[14:53] | Mature people are supposed to use their intellect to settle their differences. | 成熟的人是用智慧来解决争端的 |
[14:58] | A man doesn’t just turn tail and run. That’s not the way I brought you up. | 男人不会遇事儿转头就跑 我不是这么教育你的 |
[15:01] | Are you encouraging me to fight? | 你在鼓励我去打架吗 |
[15:03] | Damn right I am. You gave the guy your word. | 当然是了 你跟那人保证过的 |
[15:05] | I didn’t even know what I was saying. I didn’t even have lunch yet. | 我压根不知道我当时在说啥 我还没吃午饭呢 |
[15:10] | I might’ve known this would happen. | 我早知道事情会这样 |
[15:11] | It’s Billy Kriezel all over again. | 这又是Billy Kriezel事件的重演 |
[15:14] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[15:16] | Something about a Billy Kriezel I believe. | Billy Kriezel什么的 |
[15:18] | I can’t believe you are bringing that up. That was 30 years ago. | 你竟然还提起这件事 那是三十年前了 |
[15:21] | Who’s this Billy Kriezel? | 谁是Billy Kriezel |
[15:23] | A kid in fifth grade who used to tormented me. | 一个五年级孩子 曾经戏弄过我 |
[15:25] | So one day Frasier made fun of Billy’s crew cut. | 有天Frasier嘲笑了Billy的小平头 |
[15:27] | He started it. He made fun of the elbow patches on my blazer. | 他先开始的 他嘲笑我外套肘上的衬垫 |
[15:34] | Well, the point is they were supposed to meet for fight after school | 重点是他们约好了放学后打架 |
[15:37] | only “Patches” here didn’t show up. | 可是衬垫同学没有到场 |
[15:40] | I had a clarinet lesson! | 我去上单簧管课了 |
[15:43] | You don’t need to remind me of that. Billy’s old man was a cop, too. | 不用提醒我 Billy的爸爸也是警察 |
[15:46] | Boy the guys rode me about that excuse for years. | 那帮男人拿这个嘲笑了我好多年 |
[15:50] | Every time I couldn’t make it out for a drink, | 每次我有事不能去喝酒 |
[15:51] | they’d say, “What’s the matter you got a clarinet lesson?” | 他们就说 怎么 你去学单簧管吗 |
[15:55] | Couldn’t you have met Billy after the clarinet lesson? | 你不能在单簧管下课后去跟Billy打架吗 |
[15:58] | Daphne, could you please excuse us for a moment? | Daphne 你能让我们单独待会儿吗 |
[16:01] | Of course. I have a feeling | 当然 我有预感 |
[16:03] | I’m going to be excused a lot in this house. | 我在这儿得经常被人请求单独待会儿 |
[16:09] | Dad I am sorry if I embarrassed you | 爸 我很抱歉 |
[16:13] | for not fighting Billy Kriezel | 如果因为我30年前 |
[16:14] | 30 years ago. | 没有跟Billy Kriezel打架让你丢脸了 |
[16:15] | – The situation is not the same now. – It’s exactly the same. | – 现在情况不一样了 – 情况完全一样 |
[16:18] | I’m an adult now, I’ve been to medical school, | 我是成年人 我上过医学院 |
[16:20] | I hold a certain position in this city. | 我是有地位的人了 |
[16:22] | I don’t settle my difference with brawling. | 我不用斗殴来解决争端 |
[16:24] | The man challenged you, you accepted. | 那个人挑衅你 你答应了 |
[16:26] | I don’t believe this. | 我简直不相信 |
[16:27] | You won’t be happy until I come home with a black eye. | 如果我不得到一个黑眼圈你就不痛快是不是 |
[16:29] | I just want you to do what you said you’re gonna do. | 我只是想让你信守诺言 |
[16:32] | You know. You can talk about your medical school, | 你知道吗 你可以大谈你的医学院经历 |
[16:34] | your intellect, your place in this city… | 你的智商 你的地位 |
[16:38] | But you know what? It’s all one big clarinet lesson. | 但是你知道吗 这些是和单簧管一样的借口 |
[16:44] | I can’t even look at you. | 我都不想看你的脸 |
[16:58] | So I step out of the shower, I look out the window, | 我走出浴室 往窗外望 |
[17:01] | and I notice the garbage man looking right in at me. | 看到垃圾工人在看着我 |
[17:04] | So I say, “Did you get a good look?” | 我说 看够了没有 |
[17:06] | And he says, “Not completley. Turn around.” | 他说 没看全 你转个身 |
[17:10] | Then he smiles, and he’s missing a tooth. | 然后他笑了 还缺了颗牙 |
[17:12] | And that’s when the romance went out of it for me. | 然后事情就一点都不浪漫了 |
[17:17] | Roz. Why are you telling me this story? | Roz 你为什么要跟我讲这个故事 |
[17:19] | I’m trying get your mind off the fact that in five minutes | 让你先不要想起事实上五分钟后 |
[17:22] | you’re going to walk out that square and get your clock cleaned. | 你就要走到广场上 然后被海扁一顿 |
[17:25] | Well, did it occur to you that I might actually win this fight? | 你就没想过我也可能会赢吗 |
[17:29] | Your shoe’s untied. | 你鞋带开了 |
[17:31] | If you fell for that one, you’re going down, | 如果你信这个 你铁定会被揍了 |
[17:33] | and you’re going down hard. | 你会被揍得很惨 |
[17:38] | Frasier, there’s quite a crowd forming out there. | Frasier 围观群众还不少呢 |
[17:40] | Secretaries with bag lunches, businessman, children with balloons. | 带着午饭纸袋的秘书 商人 拿着气球的孩子 |
[17:43] | All that’s missing is a mariachi band. | 就缺一只墨西哥流浪乐队了 |
[17:46] | They’re setting up. | 他们马上就准备好了 |
[17:48] | Well, I’d better go find a great place in the crowd. | 我得先去找个好位置了 |
[17:51] | I’ll be off to the left if | 要是你揪下他的耳朵 想扔给一个漂亮姑娘 |
[17:53] | you tear his ear off and want to throw it to a beautiful senhorita. | 我就在你左边方向 |
[17:58] | Frasier, as your brother and as your friend, why are you doing this? | 作为你的弟弟和朋友我要问你 你为什么要这么干 |
[18:05] | – It’s Billy Kriezel. – Where? | – 都是因为Billy Kriezel – 在哪 |
[18:13] | He’s not here, Niles. | 他不在这儿 Niles |
[18:15] | – It’s just that…I ran away from him when I was ten. – I remember. | – 只是 我十岁的时候躲开了他 – 我记得 |
[18:21] | You know, and I’ve been running ever since. | 从那以后我就一直在逃避 |
[18:25] | Well, this is where it stops. I’m not running any more. | 这种情况到此为止了 我不会再逃了 |
[18:30] | What is it that makes us Crane boys such targets? | 为什么我们Crane家的男孩这么容易被找茬 |
[18:39] | Chalk it up to random violence. | 没有原因的被人欺负 |
[18:46] | – Hey, there. – Dad, what are you doing here? | – 嗨 – 爸爸 你怎么来了 |
[18:50] | Look, son. I said some things last night that maybe went over the line. | 儿子 昨晚我说的有些话可能挺过分的 |
[18:54] | Dad, if you’re worried that you talked me into something | 爸爸 不要觉得你在逼我做一些 |
[18:57] | that I wasn’t ready to do, you’re wrong. You can relax. | 我做不了的事 放心吧 |
[19:01] | I… I’m doing this for myself. | 我是为了自己做这件事的 |
[19:03] | Good. | 那好 |
[19:05] | So, who told you that I was going through with it anyway? | 谁告诉你我最后决定要这么做的 |
[19:08] | Let’s just say a father knows certain things about his son. | 我是你爸爸 我了解你的 |
[19:14] | Good news. I parked on a broken meter. We’re getting a freebie. | 好消息 我找到了个坏掉的咪表 停车不要钱了 |
[19:19] | Good luck with the fight. | 打架好运啊 |
[19:22] | Thank you, Daphne. Any psychic predictions on the outcome? | 谢谢你 Daphne 作为灵媒你对结果有啥预感吗 |
[19:26] | Actually, yes, but don’t worry. I’m frequently wrong. | 事实上看到了 但是别担心 我经常是错的 |
[19:33] | Frasier, Frasier, come here, there’s something I want you to see. | Frasier 来看看这个 |
[19:36] | There, the man standing to the left of the statue. | 那个站在雕塑左边的男人 |
[19:40] | I recognize his picture from the newspaper. That’s Derek Mann. | 我见过他在报纸上的照片 他就是Derek Mann |
[19:44] | He’s gigantic. | 他真是个大块头 |
[19:47] | My God, you could show a movie on his back. | 我的天啊 他的背宽得可以放电影了 |
[19:52] | You sure you wanna go through with this? | 你确定你要打这一架 |
[19:55] | – Yes… Yes, I am. – Good. | – 是的 我要去 – 好 |
[19:57] | Now you’ll be fine. Just remember, this is a street fight, not a boxing match. | 没事的 记住这是街头斗殴 不是拳击比赛 |
[20:01] | so fight dirty and throw the first punch. | 出点阴招 先下手 |
[20:04] | I find that a swift knee to the groin usually does the trick. | 我发现用膝盖顶裤裆是不错的办法 |
[20:07] | If you have any doubts, | 不信的话 |
[20:08] | check with a fellow in Manchester named Nigel Tavers. | 可以问问家住曼彻斯特的Nigel Tavers |
[20:13] | Well, if we want an unobstructed view… | 如果我们想找个没有障碍的视角 |
[20:15] | I prefer if you guys just stay here. You’ll only making me nervous. | 我想你们就待在这儿吧 你们只会让我更紧张 |
[20:19] | Whatever you want. | 随便你 |
[20:24] | – Well, wish me luck. – Go, champ. That a boy. | – 好吧 祝我好运 – 冲吧 孩子 你最棒 |
[20:33] | They got a mariachi band out there. | 外面有一支墨西哥乐队 |
[20:34] | Yes. I have to get their card. I need someone for our summer barbecue. | 我要问他们要名片 我们夏日烧烤会上需要乐队 |
[20:39] | Look, they’re starting to fight. | 看 他们要开始打了 |
[20:42] | No. They’re just circling, sizing each other up. | 不 他们先转一圈 估计一下对方的实力 |
[20:44] | Come on, Frasier, if you gonna hit him, hit him first! | 上啊 Frasier 如果你要打他 就先下手 |
[20:48] | – Is that the police? – Yeah. What are they doing here? | – 那是警察吗 – 他们怎么来了 |
[20:51] | They’re breaking it up. Just when they are getting started. | 警察在阻止他们 就在他们开打之前 |
[20:58] | Alright, alright, I’m coming along peacefully. | 好吧 好吧 我会好好合作跟你们回警局 |
[21:00] | Just let me get my jacket. | 让我拿上外套 |
[21:01] | Relax, I’m not arresting you. | 放心 我不会拘捕你的 |
[21:03] | But I’m warning you, in this town, | 但是我警告你 在这个小城里 |
[21:05] | we don’t settle our differences with street fights. | 人们间的不和并不是通过街头斗殴解决的 |
[21:07] | No matter who you are. | 不管你是谁 |
[21:09] | – Well, thank you, officer. You’ll have no more trouble from me. – OK. | – 谢谢警官 我不会这么做了 – 好的 |
[21:15] | Dad, did you see me? Look at my hands are trembling, | 爸爸 你看到了吗 我的手在颤抖 |
[21:18] | my chest is pounding, my mouth is all dry, | 胸脯在起伏 口干舌燥 |
[21:20] | my knees are like jello. I feel great! | 膝盖疲软 这感觉太棒了 |
[21:24] | You did good. | 你干的不错 |
[21:25] | I mean, I was out there. I was ready. You saw that, right? I was ready. | 我是说 我站在那儿 我准备好开打了 你看到了吗 |
[21:29] | I know you were. You would have kicked his butt. | 我知道你准备好了 你本可以狠狠地教训他的 |
[21:31] | From here to Tacoma. | 一拳打到姥姥家 |
[21:32] | I say we celebrate. Every one, a round of victory lattes on me. | 我提议我们庆祝一下 每人一杯胜利拿铁 算我的 |
[21:41] | – Thanks, Harry. I owe you one. – No problem, buddy. | – 谢谢 Harry 我欠你一个人情 – 没问题 老兄 |
[21:45] | You cut it kind of close though, | 你时间掐的真准 |
[21:46] | an other minute Frasier would have beeing eating sidewalk. | 再晚一点Frasier就要狗啃地了 |
[21:48] | – I’m missing lunch for this. – You could stand to miss a few lunches. | – 我没吃午饭赶过来的 – 少吃几顿也没关系 |
[21:53] | Some of the guys are getting together later down at Duke’s for a beer. | 晚点这些兄弟要去Duke’s喝一杯 |
[21:55] | Why don’t you come along? | 你要来吗 |
[21:56] | Yeah, maybe I will. You know why I will? | 我可能会去的 你知道为什么吗 |
[21:59] | ‘Cos the Crane boys don’t take clarinet lessons any more. | 因为Crane家的男人再也不上单簧管课了 |
[22:03] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你到底在说什么 |
[22:05] | Oh, that’s right. You weren’t in my precinct. | 没啥 你跟我不是一个辖区 |