时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | It’s 4:25, and this is Dr Frasier Crane. | 现在是4点25分 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:11] | Roz, who’s our next caller? | 下位听众是 |
[00:12] | Hank on line three. He has trouble with his neighbours. | 三号热线上是Hank 和他的邻居有些小摩擦 |
[00:16] | Hello, Hank, I’m listening. | 你好Hank 您请讲 |
[00:19] | – ‘A m I on? ‘ – Yes, you’re on the air. | – 能听到吗 – 是的 你已经接上了 |
[00:21] | Hello, am I on? ‘ | 有人吗 能听到吗 |
[00:24] | Hank, listen. Turn down your radio and just talk into your phone. | Hank 调低收音机音量再讲电话 |
[00:30] | Hello? ‘ | 有人吗 |
[00:31] | Hank, please. You won’t be able to hear yourself. | Hank 别闹了 你是听不见自己的声音的 |
[00:34] | We’re on a seven-second delay. | 我们的广播有7秒钟延时 |
[00:36] | Hello, can you hear me? ‘ | 有人吗 你能听见吗 |
[00:39] | For crying out loud! Thank you, Hank. | 我的天啊 谢谢你的来电 Hank |
[00:42] | People, would you please turn off your damn radios! | 大家请关掉你们那该死的收音机 |
[00:46] | Ah, no, I mean just those of you who are calling in! | 不 我说的是拨打热线的人 |
[00:49] | Roz, who’s our next caller? | 下位听众热线是 |
[00:51] | We have Marco on line two. He having problem with his relationship . | 二号线上的是Marco 他遇到了些感情问题 |
[00:55] | Hello, Marco, I’m listening. | 你好Marco 您请讲 |
[00:59] | ‘Well I…I started seeing this woman two years ago. | 我两年前开始跟这个女人约会 |
[01:03] | ‘I think it was two years. It was around Thanksgiving… | 我觉得应该有两年了 那是感恩节前后 |
[01:07] | ‘Yeah yeah yeah right. The leaves were off the trees and the… ‘ | 是的 落叶飘飘还有 |
[01:10] | Close enough. | 行了 |
[01:14] | What is your problem, Marco? | 您的问题是 |
[01:15] | ‘It’s not really my problem, it’s more like her problem. | 这也不算我的问题 其更像是她的问题 |
[01:20] | ‘Maybe she keep pressing me for a commitment.’ | 一直向我施压让我给她一个承诺 |
[01:23] | What’s holding you back? | 你为何不给呢 |
[01:24] | ‘I don’t know I just…I guess I just want to keep my options open, | 我也不知道 我可能只是想保留选择的权利 |
[01:28] | you know, in case somebody better comes along.’ | 万一遇见更好的人了呢 |
[01:32] | “Somebody better comes along.” | 遇到更好的人 |
[01:35] | “Somebody better comes along!” | 遇到更好的人 |
[01:37] | Marco, Marco, Marco! Do you hear yourself? | Marco你听到你说的话了吗 |
[01:40] | ‘No, I turned my radio off after you blasted at that other guy.’ | 没听到 你朝那个人咆哮后我就关掉收音机了 |
[01:48] | Well listen, I suggest you give your motives a thorough examination, | 听着我建议你好好想清楚你的初衷 |
[01:52] | and if you can’t commit, | 如果你无法承诺 |
[01:54] | it’s best for both of you to break it off. | 你们俩最好还是分手 |
[01:56] | – ‘Y eah? ‘ – Yeah! Thank you for your call. | – 是吗 – 是的 谢谢您的来电 |
[02:01] | Tell me, listeners. What is it with guys like that? | 听众们你们说 那种男人是怎么回事 |
[02:04] | Hey, Roz, you’ve been around the block a few times. | Roz 你也谈过几次恋爱了 |
[02:08] | Ever run into a guy like Marco? | 遇到过像Marco这样的人吗 |
[02:10] | Oh, they’re all Marcos. | 我遇到人全都跟Marco一样 |
[02:12] | You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a Marco. | 你甩出去一只死猫总会砸到一个Marco |
[02:16] | Oh come on! If that was so, then no one would be having a relationship. | 如果那样没人能维系情感了 |
[02:20] | Well, I’m not, my sister’s not, none of my friends are. | 我没有 我姐姐没有 我的朋友都没有 |
[02:24] | I’ve seen the future. And its name is Marco. | 我已看过未来了 它的名字就是Marco |
[02:28] | What do you think, Seattle? | 你们怎么说呢 听众们 |
[02:31] | Are there any non-Marcos out there, | 外面就没有一个不像Marco的人吗 |
[02:33] | or is Roz here destined to live | 或者Roz注定是个 |
[02:36] | a life of hopeless, loveless spinsterhood? | 没有希望没有爱单身老女人 |
[02:39] | Back after this. | 稍后回来 |
[02:41] | Gee, I just love it when you include me in your show. | 我特别喜欢你把我融合到节目里面去的时候 |
[02:49] | This is really weird. It’s not even Halloween yet. | 这真的很奇怪 万圣节都没到 |
[02:53] | Do we have to do this now? | 我们必须现在就做这个吗 |
[02:54] | If we going to have a picture for the Christmas card, | 如果我们想要在圣诞卡片放照片的话 |
[02:57] | we gonna make it look like Christmas. | 得弄得像圣诞节啊 |
[02:58] | I don’t know why we can’t just do what my wife and I did – | 为何不能像我妻子和我做的那样 |
[03:01] | put Frasier and Niles, in matching sweaters, | 让Frasier和Niles穿上情侣毛衣 |
[03:03] | and sitting on the hoot of old Packard. | 坐在老爷车上 |
[03:06] | Well, this year we’re going to be a little more artistic, all right? | 今年我们弄得艺术点 |
[03:10] | Where the hell is Frasier anyway? I could use some help here. | Frasier在哪啊 我需要他帮点忙 |
[03:12] | He’s still napping. My grandfather used to nap every afternoon. | 他还在小睡 我祖父以前每天都小睡 |
[03:16] | – He lived to be 93. – Really? | – 他活到了93岁 – 真的吗 |
[03:19] | He’d lie there on the sofa, and you couldn’t wake him for the world. | 他躺在沙发上你就别想叫醒他 |
[03:22] | Grammy would say, “He might as well be a dead man.” | 祖母说”他还不如个死人” |
[03:25] | Then, it was one day, we couldn’t wake him. | 然后有一天 我们真就叫不醒他了 |
[03:30] | And he really was a dead man. | 他真成了个死人 |
[03:34] | Poor Grammy. For weeks, | 可怜的祖母连续几周 |
[03:36] | she kept insisting: “E ‘s napping, ‘e ‘s napping.” | 她坚持说”他在小睡呢 他在小睡呢” |
[03:41] | OK, I’m gonna turn it on. | 好的 我要按开关啦 |
[03:45] | Oh, it’s lovely! | 真漂亮 |
[04:03] | Excuse me, excuse me. Exactly how long have I been asleep? | 打扰下 我到底睡了多久 |
[04:11] | Good, you’re up. Now we can make this picture taken. | 你起来了 现在我们可以拍照了 |
[04:14] | What picture? | 什么照 |
[04:15] | The picture for the Christmas card. We told you about last week, remember? | 圣诞卡片照 我们上周告诉过你呢 |
[04:18] | Oh, right. | 好吧 |
[04:19] | The theme this year is Santa’s workshop. | 今年的主题是圣诞老人工作室 |
[04:21] | Everybody put on your little elf hats. | 大家戴上你们的小精灵帽 |
[04:23] | I’m not putting this on my head! | 我才不戴那个呢 |
[04:25] | I mean for gods sake! I’m a respected professional! | 我可是个受人敬仰的医生 |
[04:29] | But if you don’t, it’ll look stupid! | 但是如果你不戴 看上去会很蠢的 |
[04:34] | I think the ship has already sailed on that one. | 我觉得不管怎样都无法挽回了 |
[04:38] | – Just put the hat on, Frasier! – You can’t tell me what to do. | – 把它戴上 – 你不能告诉我怎么做 |
[04:41] | I am telling you. Put the hat on! | 我不是正在告诉你吗 把帽子戴上 |
[04:42] | The days were past you can’t sit me on top of some stupid old Packard | 你可不能再让我像个小弟弟一样 |
[04:45] | and make me wear matching sweater like a little brother! | 穿着情侣毛衣坐在老爷车上拍照了 |
[04:47] | Boys, please, don’t fight! Are you forgetting what day it is? | 小伙子们别吵 你们忘记今天是什么日子吗 |
[04:52] | It’s October 21! | 今天是10月21日 |
[04:57] | – Can we just get the picture taken please? – I’ve got it all set. | – 我们能拍照了吗 – 我设好定时了 |
[05:00] | 15 seconds, gents. | 15秒先生们 |
[05:03] | Oh wait, there is something missing, where’s Eddie? | 等一下 少了点什么 Eddie呢 |
[05:05] | In the bathroom, getting a drink. Eddie! | 它在洗手间喝口水 Eddie |
[05:16] | Well, I can always pray there’s a postal strike. | 我还能祈祷下邮局罢工 |
[05:22] | Well that’s just about it for today. | 今天节目差不多要结束了 |
[05:24] | This is Dr Frasier Crane saying, | 这是Frasier Crane医生在说 |
[05:26] | “Go out there and make it a great evening, Seattle.” | “西雅图的人们出去玩个痛快吧” |
[05:30] | Hey, before you go there’s a fan in the hall who’d like your autograph. | 大厅外有个粉丝想要你的签名 |
[05:34] | Oh, God, save me from my adoring fans. | 天啊 从热情的粉丝中拯救我吧 |
[05:40] | Oh! But not from the adorable ones. | 但可爱的粉丝尽管来吧 |
[05:47] | Hello. My producer told me you wanted an autograph? | 你好 我的制作人说你想要个签名 |
[05:50] | Uh, how should I make this out? | 你想让我怎么签 |
[05:52] | You disgust me, you parasitic fraud! | 你真让我恶心 你这个寄生虫大骗子 |
[05:55] | Well, that’s certainly different from the usual “Best Regards”. | 这肯定不同于平常的问候 |
[05:59] | Wait a minute. Don’t walk away from me. | 慢着 你别跑啊 |
[06:00] | For once you gonna face the consequences | 这次你可要面对 |
[06:02] | what happened after you hanging up on callers! | 挂掉听众电话的后果 |
[06:04] | What consequences? What are you talking about? | 什么后果 你在说什么呢 |
[06:06] | I’m Marco’s girlfriend… | 我是Marco的女朋友 |
[06:08] | Excuse me, ex-girlfriend, thanks to you. | 对不起更正一下 前任女朋友 多亏了你 |
[06:10] | The Marco? You mean The Marco who didn’t want to commit Marco? | 你说的是那个不愿承诺的Marco吗 |
[06:13] | Damn right! You damned radio shrinks. | 就是他 你这该死的电台精神病医生 |
[06:16] | You couldn’t just tell him to stick with it! | 你就不能告诉他坚持下去吗 |
[06:18] | That kind of advice doesn’t get big ratings. | 那种建议不会让听众觉得带劲 |
[06:20] | No! “Get on with your life and ruin hers.” | 不 你建议”继续你的生活和毁掉她的” |
[06:22] | That’s entertainment. | 这就够娱乐大众了 |
[06:23] | Just hold on for one minute. Did you actually listen to the show? | 你先等一下 你听节目了吗 |
[06:26] | No, but Marco told me what you said. | 没有 不过Marco转告了你的话 |
[06:29] | Oh, he did, did he? | 他转告了是吧 |
[06:30] | Did he also mention that he said that | 那他有说和你在一起 |
[06:32] | he was only staying with you to keep his options open? | 只是为了有更多选择吗 |
[06:34] | Because that’s what he told me. To be exactly | 这正是他跟我说的 确切地说 |
[06:37] | he said he was only staying with you until somebody better came along? | 是和你在一起直到更好的人出现 |
[06:42] | – He said that? – He said that to most of Seattle. | – 他说的 – 他当着西雅图的很多人面说的 |
[06:45] | Apparently, you’re the only one who missed it. | 很明显 你是唯一没听到的 |
[06:50] | So, it wasn’t that he didn’t want to commit. | 所以 不是他不想作承诺 |
[06:53] | He just didn’t want to commit to me. | 他只是不想对我作承诺 |
[06:56] | Well I…Terribly sorry I had to tell you, | 很抱歉告诉你这些 |
[07:00] | but at least now you know the truth. | 不过至少现在你知道真相了 |
[07:02] | Oh, no… | 不 |
[07:04] | Don’t… don’t cry. | 别 别哭 |
[07:07] | Look, you’re… | 看 你 |
[07:09] | You’re in a place of business here. | 你身在我的工作室呢 |
[07:17] | Boy, I can really pick ’em, can’t I? | 天啊 我真会挑人啊 是不是 |
[07:20] | Oh no, don’t go there. Look, this is not your fault. | 别那么想听着 那不是你的错 |
[07:23] | You’re a terrifically attractive young woman, | 你是一位非常有吸引力的女士 |
[07:26] | maybe a bit overemotional… | 也许有些过于情绪化 |
[07:32] | Oh, yes, there, there, shh. | 好啦 不哭不哭 |
[07:35] | – Listen, can I get you something? – Mm-mm. | – 你需要点什么吗 – 唔 |
[07:39] | – A drink of water? – No. | – 给你拿杯水 – 不要 |
[07:42] | M & M’s? | M&M巧克力呢 |
[07:46] | Plain or peanut? | 原味还是带花生的 |
[07:49] | – Whichever you like. – Peanut. | – 你喜欢哪种 – 带花生的 |
[07:58] | God, I should have seen this coming. | 天 我应该早预料有这天 |
[08:01] | I mean the guy practically had a coronary, | 我把一个牙刷带到他公寓里 |
[08:03] | when I brought a toothbrush over to keep at his apartment. | 他差点就冠心病发作 |
[08:07] | Thank you. You want one? | 谢谢 你来一个吗 |
[08:09] | Uh, no, thanks. Why don’t you have a seat. | 不用了 不如你坐一下吧 |
[08:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:12] | Listen, if he was that resistant, why did you stay with him? | 他那么抗拒 你为何还跟他在一起 |
[08:17] | I had a lot invested in it. | 我投入了许多感情 |
[08:19] | But that’s no reason to settle for someone who isn’t madly in love with you? | 但那不是要固守一个不深爱你的人的理由 |
[08:23] | Right now I’m not sure there are any men out there | 我不知道现在还有没有任何男人 |
[08:25] | who are actually capable of falling madly in love. | 拥有疯狂地坠入爱河的能力 |
[08:28] | Of course there are. | 当然有了 |
[08:30] | You know, on the most basic level, Men and women are the same. | 在原始的层面上 男人和女人有一样的诉求 |
[08:34] | We both need to be loved and to love someone, | 都想被爱和爱某个人 |
[08:36] | we both want to feel that we matter to someone, | 都想感觉到我们对某个人来说很重要 |
[08:39] | someone matters to us. | 某个人对我们来说很重要 |
[08:41] | and making a commitment to another human being | 对另一个人作出承诺 |
[08:44] | is the ultimate expression of our humanity. | 是我们人性最高的表达方式 |
[08:48] | Wow. Your wife is really lucky. | 哇 你的老婆真幸运 |
[08:52] | Well, I’m… sure she’d say the same thing. | 我相信她也会这么说 |
[08:57] | Especially now that our marriage is over. | 尤其是我们婚姻已经结束了 |
[09:01] | Maybe I will have one of those M & M’s. | 我也来一颗M&M吧 |
[09:06] | Oh, boy… Why are relationships always so hard? | 天啊 为何谈恋爱总是那么难 |
[09:13] | Hey! You like the yellow ones too? | 你也喜欢黄色的巧克力豆啊 |
[09:16] | – Yeah! You know people try to tell you they’re the same. – I know! | – 人们总说它们都是一样的 – 就是啊 |
[09:18] | – But they’re not! – No! | – 但实际上不是的 – 对啊 |
[09:20] | Relationships don’t always have to be so hard. | 男女关系不总是那么复杂 |
[09:23] | I remember back in med school I heard of a documented | 记得念医大时我听过个案例 |
[09:25] | case where a man and a woman met, got along, | 讲的是一男和一女相见 相处 |
[09:29] | and actually lived happily ever after. | 从此就幸福地生活在一起了 |
[09:33] | I don’t mind the happily-ever-after-part. | 问题不是在于”从此幸福地在一起”的部分 |
[09:36] | It’s the dating part. | 是约会那部分 |
[09:37] | If I have to tell one more stranger | 如果我还要边吃北意大利菜 |
[09:39] | that fascinating story of my life | 边告诉一个陌生人我那美妙 |
[09:41] | over Northern Italian cuisine, I’m gonna choke on a breadstick! | 的人生经历 我会被面包条噎死的 |
[09:44] | I know. You know, I just keep thinking maybe we could | 就是 我老是想不如吃完开胃菜 |
[09:47] | just exchange resumes over appetizers. | 就交换简历算了 |
[09:49] | Hold on. Half of time I am already exchanging goodbyes | 慢着 有一半的时候吃完开胃菜 |
[09:51] | over appetizers. | 我就已经交换”拜拜”了 |
[09:52] | Well, At least you’re not stuck with the bill. | 至少你不用埋单啊 |
[09:54] | God.You haven’t dated much lately, have you? | 你最近都没怎么约会 是吗 |
[09:59] | No. I usually end up in restaurants alone. | 没有 经常都是我自己一个去餐厅吃饭 |
[10:04] | I can’t do that. | 我可不行 |
[10:05] | I even had to turn on the TV at home | 在家独自一人时 我得打开电视 |
[10:08] | so at least it feels like there’s someone else at room. | 至少感家里觉好像还有其他人 |
[10:11] | Is that what you’ll be doing tonight? | 今晚你还打算这么做吗 |
[10:18] | Well, unless I just keep eating M & M’s, | 除非我一直吃M&M |
[10:21] | which is a distinct possibility. | 明显会是如此 |
[10:32] | Soft and supple, yet strong | 那柔软有力的手 |
[10:35] | right down to the beautiful almond-shaped nails. | 还有那漂亮杏仁形的指甲 |
[10:38] | – You really see all that in my hand? – Mm-hm. | – 你真的能从我的手上看出来这些 – 嗯 |
[10:43] | Look, I’m late. I am about to go to work. | 我要迟到了 我得去上班了 |
[10:46] | Wait. We haven’t decided that what are we gonna do tonight? | 等一下 我们还没决定今晚要干啥呢 |
[10:48] | “Antonio’s”, “Le Cigare Volant”? | Antonio家还是雪茄飞轮 |
[10:51] | We’re gonna there for last few nights. | 我们前几天晚上都外出了 |
[10:52] | – Why don’t we just stay in? – That’s a great idea! | – 今晚不如在家里待着吧 – 好主意 |
[10:55] | I tell you what, I’ll send Dad and Daphne off to the movies. | 我让我爸和Daphne出去看电影 |
[10:58] | I’ll cook for you. Be at my place at 8:00. | 我下厨做饭 晚上八点来我家吧 |
[11:00] | I won’t be able to make it till 8:30. I got to change. | 八点半我才能到 我得换衣服 |
[11:03] | No! Don’t ever change. I like you just the way you are. | 别 永远不要改变 我喜欢你只因你 |
[11:07] | Come on, I’m a little out of practice! | 行了 我对此有点生疏不行吗 |
[11:11] | I’ll see you later, OK? | 晚点儿见好吗 |
[11:19] | Bye. | 再见 |
[11:29] | I’ll dispense with the usual adolescent teasing and come to the point. | 这次我不会取笑你 单刀直入 |
[11:32] | Who was that babe-o-rama? | 那个火辣美女是谁 |
[11:36] | Niles, Please try not to be a hippy, | Niles别装嬉皮士你让我想起 |
[11:38] | remind me of Bob Hope when he dresses up as the Fonz. | Bob Hope穿成Fonz |
[11:43] | – Her name is Catherine. – So, How long have you known her? | – 她的名字是Catherine – 你认识她多久 |
[11:46] | – Three days. – Have you two? | – 三天了 – 你们有那个 |
[11:49] | – No. As if it’s any of your business. – But you’re? | – 没 这压根不关你事 – 但你会 |
[11:53] | Yes, soon! | 是的 快了 |
[11:58] | – We are talking about? – Of course we are! | – 我们是在讨论那个 – 当然是啦 |
[12:04] | – Sex, right? – Yes! | – 发生关系是吧 – 是的 |
[12:11] | So… How did you two meet? | 你们是怎么认识的 |
[12:14] | Well that’s one of funny things | 说来有趣 |
[12:16] | that she came down to the radio station to chew me out. | 她到电台惨骂了我一顿 |
[12:18] | – You’re kidding. – No. A few days earlier her boyfriend called into the show. | – 你在说笑 – 没有 几天前他男朋友给节目打电话 |
[12:22] | And I advised him to break up with her. | 我建议他和她分手 |
[12:27] | Frasier, where are your ethics? | Frasier 你的职业道德在哪儿 |
[12:30] | You can’t date someone who’s involved with one of your patients. | 你不能跟和病人有关系的人约会 |
[12:33] | Marco is not a patient, he’s a caller. There’s a huge difference. | Marco不是病人 他是致电者 很大的区别 |
[12:37] | Besides, I talked to him days before I met Catherine. | 我和他谈完几天才见到Catherine |
[12:39] | Rationalisation, the last refuge of a… | 合理化 最后的逃避 |
[12:46] | I am not rationalising! There is nothing wrong here! | 我没有在合理化我的行为 我没有错 |
[12:51] | As long as your conscience is clear. I am not sure mine would be. | 只要你良心过得去就行 我就不肯定我行 |
[12:55] | Well, frankly, I don’t care about your conscience. | 坦白说 我不在乎你的良心 |
[12:58] | And I don’t need your approval. I don’t need you to like it. | 我不需要你批准 不需要你喜欢 |
[13:00] | Like I don’t sneed you for anything. | 就像我其他任何事情都不需要你一样 |
[13:03] | Oh by the way, my car’s in the shop. | 我的车还在修理店 |
[13:05] | I need you give me a ride home tonight. | 今晚你得载我回家 |
[13:06] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[13:12] | 20 seconds and I’ve got news for you, | 还有20秒 我告诉你一消息 |
[13:14] | Marco’s on line two. | Marco 在二号线上 |
[13:18] | Marco? | 哪个Marco |
[13:19] | Oh, you know. The guy you got out of the way | 你认识的 就是那个你踢走了他 |
[13:21] | so you could keep his girlfriend by yourself. | 然后霸占了他女朋友的Marco |
[13:26] | – Ten seconds. – I’m not talking to him. | – 还有10秒 – 我不会和他谈话的 |
[13:28] | I don’t wanna talk to him. There’s no way I’m talking to him! | 我不想和他谈 我才不会跟他谈 |
[13:31] | 3 2 Three, two… | |
[13:32] | Hi, we’re back. Roz, whom do we have on the line? | 我们回来了 Roz是谁在线呢 |
[13:37] | We have Marco on line two. | Marco在二号热线上 |
[13:42] | – Who’s this on line three? – Oh Todd. | – 三号热线的是谁 – Todd |
[13:45] | Oops, darn, we lost Todd. | 糟糕 Todd掉线了 |
[13:49] | But lucky for you, we still have Marco on line two. | 幸运的是 Marco还在二号热线上 |
[13:53] | Thank you, Roz. | 谢谢你 Roz |
[13:56] | – Hello, Marco. – Hi, Dr Crane. | – 你好 Marco – 你好 Crane医生 |
[13:59] | I spoke to you the other day and I took your advice. | 那天我和你谈过 我听从了你的建议 |
[14:02] | I broke up with my girlfriend.’ | 我和女友分手了 |
[14:04] | Well, what can I say but “Bravo, Marco”? | 我还能说什么呢 好样的Marco |
[14:08] | – Roz, Who’s next caller? – Wait! | – Roz 下个听众 – 等一下 |
[14:11] | ‘You haven’t heard my problem. | 你还没听我的问题呢 |
[14:13] | I think she’s already dating someone else.’ | 我觉得她已经在和别人约会了 |
[14:15] | It really makes me nuts. | 这真让我受不了 |
[14:16] | What makes you think she is seeing someone else? | 是什么让你觉得她在和别人约会 |
[14:19] | ‘Well, the other night, I couldn’t | 有天我联系不上她 |
[14:21] | get her on the phone. So I drove by her house, | 所以我开车路过她家 |
[14:24] | ‘and I saw her parked outside talking to some guy in a black BMW.’ | 我看见她和一个开着黑色宝马的男人说话 |
[14:29] | Did you, er, get a good look at the guy? | 你看清那个人的长相了吗 |
[14:36] | ‘No, it was too dark. I think I made a big mistake, Doc. | 没有那晚太黑了 我觉得我犯了个大错 |
[14:40] | Did you think I should ask her to take me back? ‘ | 你觉得我应该恳求她重新接纳我吗 |
[14:43] | No! I mean, what I mean is… | 不 我的意思是 |
[14:45] | No. Marco, you don’t want your ex-girlfriend back – | 不 Marco你不是想要回你前女友 |
[14:49] | You just don’t want anybody else to have her. Isn’t that true? | 你只是不想让别人占有她 对不对 |
[14:52] | – Well, I… ‘ – No, it’s called “Jealousy”. Marco. | – 我 – 绝对是这样的 这叫嫉妒Marco |
[14:55] | Now you’ve got to stop spying on your ex-girlfriend | 你得停止监视你前女友 |
[14:58] | and get on with your life. | 继续你的生活 |
[14:58] | Borrow a page from my book: Move to a new city. A new state. | 借用我书中的话 搬去个新城市 新的州 |
[15:02] | Find out why everyone’s talking about Pittsburgh! | 找出为何人们都在谈论匹兹堡 |
[15:07] | We’ll be right back after these messages. | 广告过后我们马上回来 |
[15:12] | What? | 怎么了 |
[15:16] | – ‘Thanks for coming to get me, Niles.’ – No problem, Frasier. | – 谢谢你来接我 – 不客气 |
[15:19] | Just a few miles out of my way. At rush hour. | 只是绕个几里路 而且还是高峰期 |
[15:23] | But I didn’t mind, really. | 但是我不介意 真的 |
[15:24] | Gave me a chance to listen to your show. | 给了我一个听你节目的机会 |
[15:27] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[15:29] | I just have one question for you. | 我只想问你一个问题 |
[15:31] | Can you honestly tell me that your advice gave to Marco | 你能老实告诉我你给Marco的建议 |
[15:34] | was based on his best interests, and not on your own? | 是为了他好而不是为了你自己好吗 |
[15:37] | That’s an interesting question, Niles, and I tell you something I don’t care. | 这是个有趣的问题 我告诉你 我不在乎 |
[15:41] | I’m in love, and I don’t care. | 我在热恋 我不在乎 |
[15:43] | Catherine is mine now. I’m in and Marco’s out. | Catherine 现在是我的 我进垒 Marco出局 |
[15:47] | – You’re insane! – Perhaps, but you just ran a stop sign. | – 你疯了 – 也许吧 但是你刚闯红灯了 |
[15:51] | – Now we’re in the middle of intersection! – Oh! | – 现在我们在十字路口了 – 噢 |
[15:56] | I tell you, Niles, I haven’t felt this way in ages. | Niles 我好久没有过这种感觉了 |
[16:01] | There’s an excitement about this. I… I feel tingly. | 有种很激动的 我 我觉得很小鹿乱撞 |
[16:07] | – What does your stomach have to say about this? – My stomach? | – 你的胃对这件事是怎么看的 – 我的胃 |
[16:10] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我是什么意思 |
[16:12] | Ever since you were a child, if you gonna approached a breach of ethics, | 从孩童时起 你只要做有悖良心的事 |
[16:15] | you’d get queasy. Eventually you get physically sick. | 就会反胃 最后你会真的生病 |
[16:18] | Well, At least when it came to ethics | 至少在遇见道德问题时 |
[16:19] | I didn’t get spontaneous nosebleeds. | 我不会无缘无故地流鼻血 |
[16:21] | Remember the time we lifted that dollar bill from Mom’s change purse, | 记得我们从咱妈的零钱包里偷钱那次 |
[16:25] | we left quite a gruesome trail back to the tree house that day. | 我们回树屋时留下一路恶心液体 |
[16:29] | But, you see, Niles, you’ve proved my point. | 但是 Niles你证实了我的观点 |
[16:31] | I’m not the least bit queasy, I’m fine. | 我丝毫没有觉得反胃 我可好了 |
[16:34] | My head, my heart, | 我的脑袋 我的心脏 |
[16:35] | my gastrointestinal system, it all shout the same thing, | 我的肠胃系统 它们都在叫唤着 |
[16:38] | “It’s OK!” | 一切都好 |
[16:41] | Niles, is this a new car? | Niles 这是新车吗 |
[16:43] | Yes, actually it is. A patient of mine got me a huge break on a lease. | 是的 是我的病人帮忙在租约上打了大折 |
[16:50] | Frasier, do you have a handkerchief? | Frasier 你有手帕吗 |
[17:00] | Mm, that was the most delicious Salmon Marseille I’ve ever tasted it. | 这是我吃过最好吃的马赛鲑鱼 |
[17:03] | Well, you should try my Salmon “Enchanted Evening”. | 你应该尝尝我的鲑鱼”迷人夜晚” |
[17:09] | Tell me you didn’t say that. | 你还真敢说啊 |
[17:10] | Oh, it was just the Lafite talking. | 喝了拉菲有点难自控了 |
[17:12] | Lafite, don’t fail me now! | 拉菲 别让我乱来啊 |
[17:15] | Oh, stop, stop! | 别闹了 |
[17:22] | So… have you ever made love in the kitchen? | 你有在厨房嘿咻过吗 |
[17:28] | Well, the, uh… dishes are done. | 碗洗完了 |
[17:36] | Oh! Mm! | 噢 嗯 |
[17:46] | Ewww! ‘ | 咦 |
[17:50] | What? What’s matter? | 你怎么了 |
[17:52] | I’m sorry, I’m suddenly feeling a little queasy. I… | 对不起 我突然感觉到有点反胃 |
[17:57] | Maybe I’m just not a kitchen person. | 也许我不习惯在厨房做 |
[18:06] | Well, uh… | 额 |
[18:08] | Maybe you’re just… A little too warm, huh? | 也许你只是 有点太热了吧 |
[18:12] | – Yeah? – Oh, yeah. | – 是吗 – 是的 |
[18:14] | Yeah, that’s it. | 是的 就是那样 |
[18:16] | – You look awfully warm too. – Oh, I am! Yes. | – 你看上去也很热啊 – 我是啊 |
[18:20] | – Oh, my God! – Oh! Oh! | – 天啊 – 哦 |
[18:25] | Ooh! | 喔 |
[18:34] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:36] | Would you mind if we moved to the sofa? | 你介意我们到沙发上做吗 |
[18:40] | I won’t be outperformed by a Barcalounger. | 我在按摩椅上没法正常发挥 |
[18:43] | Oh… Oh! | 噢 |
[18:46] | This is better. | 这样好多了 |
[18:48] | Oh, it is. Mm… | 确实是 |
[18:51] | Mm… | 嗯 |
[18:53] | Ewww! | 咦 |
[18:55] | Ah… | 啊 |
[18:58] | What? Was I kneeling on you? | 怎么了 我弄痛你了吗 |
[19:01] | I need some fresh air. Are you OK? | 我得吸点新鲜空气 你还好吧 |
[19:04] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[19:06] | Oh, damn, it wasn’t the fish! | 该死的 不是鱼的问题 |
[19:09] | You know there’s a bug going round. | 可能是因为那只飞来飞去的虫子 |
[19:12] | – It’s not a bug. – What is it, then? | – 不是虫子的事 – 那到底是什么问题 |
[19:17] | It’s us. | 是我们 |
[19:19] | Every time we touch and kiss, I get queasy. | 每次我们肌肤相亲接吻 我就反胃 |
[19:24] | Well, are you telling me that the thought of making love | 你是说你一想到我们嘿咻 |
[19:27] | to me makes you sick to your stomach? | 就反胃想吐吗 |
[19:29] | Yes, but don’t take it personally. | 是的 但别在意 |
[19:35] | It’s… It’s not you, it’s me. | 不是你的错 是我的错 |
[19:38] | Every time I come close to breaching my ethics, I end up getting sick. | 每次我将要穿破道德底线 就感到恶心 |
[19:43] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[19:45] | Marco called in the show today and he said | Marco今天打进节目说 |
[19:49] | he was thinking about getting back with you. | 想要挽回你 |
[19:50] | – I told him not to. – So? | – 我告诉他不要 – 所以呢 |
[19:52] | Now I just have a feeling that Maybe I told him that | 现在我感觉也许我这么说 |
[19:55] | not because it’s good for him but because it was good for me. | 不是为他好而是为了我的私欲 |
[19:59] | Frasier Oh, Frasier! | |
[20:01] | Who cares? | 谁在乎啊 |
[20:04] | I care. Any psychiatrist worth his salt would care. | 我在乎 任何称职的精神病医生都会在乎 |
[20:08] | That’s why we don’t get | 这就是我们为何不跟 |
[20:09] | involved with our patients. Or their girlfriends. | 病人扯上关系 或是病人的女友 |
[20:14] | – Are you saying you want to break up with me? – I don’t want to. | – 你的意思是要跟我分手吗 – 我不想 |
[20:18] | I have to. If I don’t, I’ll throw up all over your shoes. | 但我必须 如果不这么做 我就会吐得你满鞋都是 |
[20:25] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 这也太难以置信了 |
[20:27] | God, how can this be so easy for you? | 分手这事对你来说也太容易了 |
[20:30] | Easy? This is killing me! | 容易 这让我难受死了 |
[20:33] | You think I don’t want pick you up right now | 你认为我不想把你抱起来 |
[20:34] | and carry you over to that Eames classic | 抬到那张椅子上 |
[20:36] | and show you why it’s the best-engineered chair in the world! | 向你展示那为何是全球最佳设计椅子 |
[20:41] | – Why don’t you, then? – I told you, I can’t! | – 那你为何不这么做 – 我告诉你了 我不行 |
[20:44] | Oh! And nothing I can say will change your mind? | 我说什么也不能让你回心转意了吗 |
[20:50] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[20:51] | Well, thank you, Dr Crane! | 那谢谢你啦 Crane医生 |
[20:55] | First you screw things up with Marco and now you’re dumping me! | 你先是搞砸了我跟Marco的感情 现在你又甩了我 |
[20:59] | God, and to think I was going to have sex with you! | 天啊 我竟想要和你嘿咻 |
[21:02] | And it was going to be hot. | 而且是很热情似火的那种 |
[21:06] | Oh, like you’ve never had before! | 是你见所未见闻所未闻的 |
[21:09] | I’m talking steamy, | 我说的是要让你 |
[21:11] | sweat dripping down your back, neighbours pounding on the walls. | 汗流浃背 邻居不断地敲墙 |
[21:17] | Illegal in 48 states kind of sex! | 在48个州都违法的那种嘿咻 |
[21:22] | But, hey. You’re OK. You won’t be alone tonight. | 但是 你不会有事的 你今晚不是自己一个 |
[21:26] | No, you’ve got your ethics! | 因为你还有你的道德感 |
[21:28] | Oh! | 噢 |
[21:32] | Oh, by the way, | 随便说一下 |
[21:34] | The fish was dry. | 鱼做得很干 |
[21:38] | Oh, that was a cheap shot! | 这招也太下三滥了 |
[21:57] | How I envy you, Eddie. The biggest questions you face are: | 我是多么的嫉妒你 Eddie 你面对的最大的问题是 |
[22:01] | “Who’s going to walk me? Who’s going to feed me?” | 谁带我散步 谁喂我 |
[22:05] | I won’t know that kind of joy for another 40 years. | 这种快乐我是还有40年才能享受到了 |