时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Danielle, you are gonna have to slow down a little bit, | Danielle 你得说慢点 |
[00:10] | I’m having a hard time understanding you. | 我很难听清楚你说的话 |
[00:11] | I’m sorry, Dr.Crane. | 很抱歉 Crane医生 |
[00:13] | I’m having a big, big problem with my monsieur. | 我跟我的monsieur遇到了很大很大的问题 |
[00:17] | Excuse me, with your what? | 对不起 你的什么 |
[00:18] | My monsieur. | 我的monsieur |
[00:20] | Your monthieur? | 你的monthieur |
[00:21] | ‘Oui, my monsieur, every day.’ | 是的 我的monsieur 每天都这样 |
[00:24] | – Is that your mother? – No, my monsieur! | – 是你的妈妈 – 不 是我的monsieur |
[00:27] | Your masseur, your Mercedes? | 按摩师 你的奔驰 |
[00:29] | My monsieur! My monsieur! You must help me! ‘ | 我的monsieur 我的monsieur 你一定要帮我 |
[00:33] | Well, Danielle I I ..The best advice I can give | Danielle 我我 能给你的最好的建议是 |
[00:36] | you is to either confront your monthieur or… | 跟你的monsieur对质或者 |
[00:42] | …or work on your self-esteem. Thank you for your call. | 努力提升你的自尊心 多谢你的来电 |
[00:46] | This is Dr Frasier Crane saying, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:48] | “Go and have a good evening, Seattle, you deserve it.” | 祝有个美好的夜晚 西雅图 你应得的 |
[00:52] | Roz, aren’t you screening these calls? | Roz 你不是会过滤来电的吗 |
[00:55] | Yeah, but when you only have one, you get a little less particular. | 是啊 但是只有这一个的时候就没资格挑剔了 |
[01:00] | – Oh you look nice. – Yeah? | – 你真漂亮 – 是么 |
[01:02] | – I’ve got a date tonight. – Oh, great. | – 我今晚有约会 – 不错 |
[01:05] | Why are you only wearing one heel? Did you break it off? | 你怎么只穿了一只高跟鞋 你弄断了另一个 |
[01:08] | No, I’m dating a sea captain with a peg leg. | 不 我的约会对象是有一只假腿的海军船长 |
[01:11] | And this makes it easier when we dance. | 这样我们跳舞的时候会方便点 |
[01:14] | I broke it off in a sidewalk grate. | 我在人行道的沟渠里弄断的 |
[01:16] | Okay. So who is this guy? | 这次又是谁呢 |
[01:18] | Another one of those trendy young kids who’s got three earrings, | 又是戴着三只耳环 |
[01:21] | a ponytail, wearing a T-shirt under his sports coat? | 梳着马尾辫 运动外套下面穿T恤的时髦小青年吗 |
[01:23] | – Is he here? – Roz! Where do you meet these people? | – 他来了吗 – 你都在哪遇到这些奇葩的 |
[01:28] | For your information, this guy happens to | 他可是个很成功的 |
[01:29] | be a very successful media consultant. | 传媒顾问 |
[01:32] | He graduated from Princeton, | 普林斯顿毕业 |
[01:33] | He has a house on Mercer Island and he owns a 40-foot sailboat. | 在Mercer岛上有房子 还有40尺长的帆船 |
[01:37] | You met him on a bus, didn’t you? | 你在公交车上认识他的 是吗 |
[01:40] | No,actually, we shared a cab. | 不 实际上 我们在出租车上认识的 |
[01:44] | All right, he was driving it. | 好吧 他就是出租车司机 |
[01:47] | – Hello, Frasier. – Hi, Niles.you remember Roz ? | – 你好 Frasier – Niles 你记得Roz吧 |
[01:49] | – Yes of course.What brings you here? – Oh, nothing. | – 当然 你怎么来了 – 没啥 |
[01:57] | Just passing by and thought I’d stop in for a career. | 就是路过 想着不如找份工作吧 |
[02:01] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[02:04] | Sorry I’m late, Frasier. But the entrance to your parking garage | 对不起我迟到了 但是你停车库的入口 |
[02:07] | is blocked by a cab driver with a ponytail | 被一个留着马尾辫的出租车司机给挡住了 |
[02:09] | scraping gum off his back seat. | 他还在后座上刮口香糖 |
[02:11] | Madam, your chariot awaits. | 女士 您的座驾到了 |
[02:14] | Well, better get going, Niles. | 我们走吧 Niles |
[02:16] | Actually, bad news on that score. Frasier, | 实际上有个坏消息 Frasier |
[02:19] | I’m afraid the lecture’s been canceled. | 恐怕讲座被取消了 |
[02:21] | Oh, well I can’t say I’m really disappointed. | 我也不是很失望 |
[02:23] | I wasn’t relishing the idea of three hours | 我一点都不期待花三个小时 |
[02:25] | on right brain-left brain synergy. | 来听左脑跟右脑的协调方式 |
[02:27] | I’ll have you know I trimmed that speech to two and a half | 我告诉你 我将发言减到两个半小时 |
[02:29] | hours and I open with a really funny Al Gore joke. | 还准备了一个Al Gore的笑话作为开场白 |
[02:33] | Well it’s no use crying over spilled milk. Now we’ve got a free evening. | 覆水难收 那么我们今晚就闲了 |
[02:36] | Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a couple of guys on the loose | 像是个不错的机会 大家放松放松 |
[02:40] | to hit a sports bar, | 去个体育酒吧 |
[02:42] | have a couple of brewskis maybe take in a gamer or two. | 喝两杯啤酒 还能赌两把 |
[02:44] | Right. What shall we do? | 很好 那我们干啥呢 |
[02:49] | – Dinner? – Perfect. | – 晚饭 – 好主意 |
[02:51] | No place fancy. I’m sure neither of us wants a heavy meal | 别去高级的地方 我们都不想吃顿油腻腻的大餐 |
[02:53] | with lots of wine and expensive desserts. | 喝大量的酒 和贵的要死的甜点 |
[02:54] | – Oh it’s your turn to pay, isn’t it? – You know me so well. | – 轮到你付钱了是吧 – 你真了解我 |
[03:04] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | – 谢谢 – 谢谢 |
[03:07] | Are you sure it was all right to park in that lot across the street, the sign said | 你确定把车停在街对面没事么 |
[03:10] | it was just for customers of those stores. | 那个标志说那是给店里的顾客用的 |
[03:12] | I don’t wanna get a ticket. | 我不想收到罚单 |
[03:13] | It’s fine, that. | 没事的 |
[03:14] | I mean I could just nip back to Crabtree & Evelyn | 我可以去瑰柏翠 |
[03:16] | and buy a bar of lavender soap just to be safe. | 买块薰衣草肥皂以防万一 |
[03:18] | Niles, Niles, sit down. Lavender soap, | Niles 坐下 薰衣草肥皂 |
[03:20] | for god’s sake, you’re a man! You’d look ridiculous. | 你是个男人好吗 多丢脸 |
[03:22] | May I get you a drink? | 喝点什么吗 |
[03:23] | Fuzzy navel blended nice and frothy. | 我要起泡鸡尾酒 |
[03:27] | – And Martini, Niles? – No, thanks. I’m driving. | – 还有马提尼 Niles你呢 – 不用了 我要开车 |
[03:32] | – Maybe I’ll buy a bag of potpourri or a set of hand towels. – Just sit down! | – 我要去买包熏香或者一套手巾吧 – 坐下 |
[03:37] | Frasier, unless my eyes deceive me, that’s Dad sitting over there. | 我没看错吧 那不是我们老爸么 |
[03:41] | God You’re right. Jesus that’s strange. | 还真是 奇怪了 |
[03:43] | He said he was going over to Duke’s to have a beer with a couple of boys. | 他不是该在Duke酒吧和几个男人喝啤酒么 |
[03:46] | Well that certainly isn’t the boys. | 那人肯定不是男人 |
[03:48] | It seems we’ve caught him in a clandestine rendezvous. | 我们貌似抓到他私会情人了嘛 |
[03:51] | The sly boots. He had a date he didn’t want us to know. | 狡猾的家伙 他瞒着我们来约会 |
[03:54] | Oh, he’s looking this way. Turn around. Turn around. | 他看过来了 转头 |
[03:59] | What are they doing? | 他们在干嘛 |
[04:00] | Well, it’s sort of cute. He’s holding her hand… And | 挺可爱的 他握着她的手 |
[04:04] | Don’t look! Don’t look! | 别看 别看 |
[04:07] | I’ll tell you when you can look. Not now. Not now. | 我会告诉你什么时候看的 别看 别看 |
[04:13] | OK, now. No, not now! no. | 好 现在 不 别看 |
[04:18] | – Oh, I don’t like this one bit. – Why? What are they doing now? | – 我一点都不喜欢这个 – 他们现在在做什么 |
[04:22] | No, nothing, I just realized if Dad’s eating here, | 没什么 我只是发现如果老爸在这吃饭的话 |
[04:24] | this can’t be a very good restaurant. | 这个餐厅一定不怎么样 |
[04:30] | Well I wonder if it’s their first date. | 我想知道这是不是他们的第一次约会 |
[04:32] | Well if it is they seem to be having a very good time. | 如果是的话 他们看上去挺开心的 |
[04:35] | So what are they doing? | 他们在干嘛 |
[04:36] | Well they’re leaning and talking to each other, he’s smiling at her. | 他们依偎着说话 他对着她笑 |
[04:41] | She’s just collapsed in tears. She’s sobbing uncontrollably. | 她突然就哭了 不由自主的啜泣 |
[04:46] | Oh, yeah, that’s a Crane first date all right. | 这是Crane家族典型的第一次约会 |
[04:50] | She’s heading this way. Hide! | 她过来了 藏好 |
[04:54] | – Frasier do you know who that is? – She did looked familiar. | – Frasier 你知道那是谁吗 – 她看上去挺眼熟的 |
[04:57] | I’d swear that was Marion Lawlor. | 我发誓那是Marion Lawlor |
[04:59] | Marion Lawlor! My god I haven’t heard that name since I was a kid. | Marion Lawlor 我的天 我好久没听到这个名字了 |
[05:03] | I thought Mom and Dad had a huge falling out with the Lawlors. | 我以为爸妈和Lawlor一家大吵了一架 |
[05:05] | They did, they did, it was that last summer we shared | 确实是 是我们和他们共享 |
[05:07] | a cabin with them at the lake. | 湖边小屋的最后一个夏天 |
[05:09] | Maybe Dad’s getting together just to patch things up. | 也行老爸只是在尝试和好 |
[05:11] | Doing his usual bang-up job. | 做得像他惯常那么好 |
[05:15] | This is really awkward. We should just get out of here. | 真是尴尬 我们走了算了 |
[05:18] | No, Niles, if we leave now, he’s sure to spot us. | 不 Niles 如果我们现在走 他一定会看到我们的 |
[05:21] | You know, Niles maybe you should have that Martini after all. | Niles 你该点杯马蒂尼的 |
[05:24] | I can’t, Frasier, I’m driving. | 不 我要开车的 |
[05:26] | Not any more. They just towed your car. | 不会的 他们刚刚把你的车拖走了 |
[05:40] | Eddie, you little hooligan, get off that couch! | Eddie 你这个小流氓 给我起来 |
[05:43] | You know you are not supposed to do that. | 你知道你不该这样做的 |
[05:45] | If Dr Crane sees you, | 如果Crane医生看到你 |
[05:47] | he’s gonna throw you off the balcony! And I’ll be right behind you. | 他会把你扔出阳台的 我也会被丢出去的 |
[05:49] | Good boy. Now, you stay there. | 乖狗狗 别动哈 |
[06:07] | Eddie… Glad to see my rules about the couch are finally taking hold. | Eddie 很高兴你终于接受我的沙发规定了 |
[06:16] | Good dog. | 乖狗狗 |
[06:20] | Dad, Daphne! | 老爸 Daphne |
[06:22] | – Hello, Dr Crane. – Hello Daphne. Say, where’s Dad? | – 你好 Crane医生 – 你好 Daphne 我老爸呢 |
[06:25] | Mr Dorsey down on eight invited him to watch the ball game. | 8楼的Dorsey先生邀请他看球赛去了 |
[06:28] | Oh great, he’s finally getting to know some of the neighbours. | 很好 他终于认识几个邻居了 |
[06:32] | What are you staring at? | 你在盯什么 |
[06:34] | Have you thought about growing a moustache? | 你有想过留胡子吗 |
[06:36] | No, I don’t think it would suit me. | 不 我觉得不适合我 |
[06:38] | – Oh, yes, it does. – You’ve never seen me with one. | – 你适合的 – 你从没见我留过啊 |
[06:41] | Actually, I have. There’s a billboard for your shown down on 16th Street. | 其实吧我看过 16街上有关于你的节目的展板 |
[06:46] | – Some kids went at you with a can of spray paint. – And it looked good? | – 有些孩子用喷漆给你画了胡子 – 好看吗 |
[06:50] | Oh, yes. But a word to the wise. | 是的 不过给你一个忠告 |
[06:53] | Take good care of your teeth – that look is not at all flattering on you. | 保护好你的牙 烂牙在你脸上一点都不好看 |
[07:00] | I’ll get it. | 我来开门 |
[07:04] | Hello, Dr Crane. | 你好 Crane博士 |
[07:05] | – Hello Daphne. – What brings you here? | – 你好 Daphne – 你怎么来的 |
[07:07] | I rent a car, thanks to my brother. | 租了辆车 多谢我哥哥 |
[07:11] | – I assume you’re here for a reason. – Yes. | – 我猜你来这是有原因的吧 – 没错 |
[07:14] | Frasier, last night when I got home, | Frasier 我昨晚到家的时候 |
[07:17] | that strange incident with Dad and Mrs Lawlor | 碰见老爸和Lawlor两个人的怪事 |
[07:20] | got me to thinking what was it that caused the rift between our families? | 让我想到这会不会就是我们两家人吵架的原因 |
[07:24] | So I dug out my old boyhood journal | 所以我挖出了我的少年日记 |
[07:27] | and looked up my entries | 查了下我的目录 |
[07:28] | from our last summer together at the lake. | 我们在湖边的最后一个夏天那部分 |
[07:32] | According to this, there was a three-week period | 这里面说 有三周的时间 |
[07:36] | when Mom and Dad had screaming matches every night | 老爸老妈天天晚上 |
[07:39] | after we went to bed. | 都在我们睡觉以后吵架 |
[07:40] | – I don’t recall that. -oh That’s right. | – 我不记得了 – 对啊 |
[07:42] | Same period when you insist on | 那个时期你坚持要 |
[07:44] | wearing the wax earplugs and the slumber mask. | 带蜡质耳塞和睡眠面膜 |
[07:47] | Well, I had to, well, with you underneath | 我也没办法啊 你躲在被子里 |
[07:49] | the covers with a flashlight, while looking at the national geographics. | 打着手电看国家地理 |
[07:52] | – I was looking at the maps. – That’s what makes it scary. | – 我在看地图 – 所以才吓人啊 |
[08:00] | Now what was your point? | 重点是什么 |
[08:01] | According to my journal something more provocative happened | 根据我的日记 那段时期还有更刺激的事发生了 |
[08:04] | during that same period. Here. | 看这里 |
[08:07] | Read this. | 这一段 |
[08:10] | “Though summer at the lake seems but a vapid, vacuous experience “ | “尽管湖边的夏天似乎是乏味空虚的经历” |
[08:15] | “It is a neccessary tonic | “但是对我问题多多的少年时期“ |
[08:17] | “for my troubled youth.” | ”确实是一个必须的滋养品“ |
[08:18] | Niles how old were you when you wrote this? | Niles 你写这玩意的时候多大 |
[08:19] | Almost nine. | 大概九岁吧 |
[08:23] | Which explains the redundancy “Vapid” And “Vacuous”. | 这解释了那多余的”乏味”和”空虚”两个字 |
[08:27] | By ten, my writing had gotten considerably tighter. | 我十岁的时候写的文章就精简多了 |
[08:30] | Among other things. | 还有其他的事 |
[08:33] | The point is that same night I crept out under the screen porch, | 问题是那一晚我从纱窗门廊下悄悄逃出 |
[08:37] | leaving the lights off so as not to attract bats and moths. | 关着灯 这样就不会吸引到蝙蝠和飞蛾 |
[08:42] | As I peered out through the darkness, | 就在我凝视黑夜的时候 |
[08:44] | Between the trees I saw the figures | 我看到树之间有人影 |
[08:46] | of Dad and Mrs Lawlor in each other’s arms. | 是老爸和Lawlor太太互相搂着对方 |
[08:49] | I think it’s pretty clear what happened, Frasier. | 我觉得这很明显了 |
[08:51] | Dad and Mrs Lawlor had an affair. | 他们俩在搞外遇 |
[08:53] | Oh come on, Niles! I appreciate your attempt to | 拜托 Niles 我很欣赏你试图 |
[08:56] | spice up our family history, | 对我们家庭历史增加点什么料 |
[08:57] | but really, we’re not a Jackie Collins novel. It’s ridiculous. | 但是我们不是一部Jackie Collins的小说 这太扯了 |
[09:00] | Is it? All right, allow me to present exhibit “B”. | 是吗 好吧 让我给你展示证物B |
[09:03] | This is a photo album Mom prepared of photos from the same period. | 这是老妈保存的那段时期的相册 |
[09:07] | I love to see old family photos. | 我喜欢看老家庭照片 |
[09:10] | My goodness, what a handsome, sinewy young bloke! | 老天啊 真是个又帅又壮的年轻小伙子 |
[09:15] | That was our Dad. | 那是我们老爸 |
[09:16] | You two take after your mother, don’t you? | 你们随你们妈长的 是吧 |
[09:20] | All right All right. Look at this picture and this one here. | 好了 好了 看这张照片 还有这张 |
[09:23] | That’s Dad, but the person next to him has been cut out. | 那是老爸 但是他旁边那个人被剪掉了 |
[09:26] | And if you look at this one, you can still see | 你们看这个 你还能看到 |
[09:28] | the edges of a dress and a handbag and tan sandals. | 裙子的边缘 手提包 和沙滩拖鞋 |
[09:31] | Here’s one who should have been cut out. | 这是本该被剪掉的人 |
[09:33] | That scrawny little chap with the fish-belly complexion and rain hat. | 那个鱼肚脸色戴着雨帽的瘦家伙 |
[09:37] | I was under doctor’s orders to stay out of direct sunlight. | 我是按医嘱说的不能被太阳直射 |
[09:42] | But we don’t know for sure that that was Mrs. Lawlor. | 但是我们不能确定那就是Lawlor太太啊 |
[09:45] | And besides, even that wouldn’t prove that dad had an affair with her. | 而且就算是也不能说明她和老爸有一腿啊 |
[09:48] | What are you two talking about? | 你们在说什么啊 |
[09:50] | Oh Niles had a theory that dad had an illicit affair when we were youngsters. | Niles有个关于老爸在我们小时候出轨的推测 |
[09:53] | Your father? I can’t believe that. He’s not the type. | 你老爸 他不是那种人吧 |
[09:56] | Well, that’s what I think. | 我也这么觉得 |
[09:57] | Besides, Niles, there’s not enough proof. | 而且也没足够的证据啊 |
[09:59] | Are you saying that’s not possible? | 你是说这不可能咯 |
[10:00] | – Anything is possible. – Then why don’t you just ask him? | – 什么事都有可能 – 那你怎么不去问他 |
[10:03] | Right. “Good evening, father, by the way | 就是 晚上好老爸 顺便问一句 |
[10:06] | did you boff one of the | 你在我们烤棉花糖的时候 |
[10:07] | neighbour while we were roasting marshmallows?” | 是不是和邻居有一腿 |
[10:13] | Ah, ah. There’s one sure way to get the truth. | 有个办法能知道真相 |
[10:16] | – We’ll call Aunt Vivian. – Who’s aunt Vivian? | – 我们可以打电话问Vivian阿姨 – 谁是Vivian阿姨 |
[10:19] | Better known as the Mouth. Keeper of Crane family skeletons. | 她被称为大嘴巴 Crane家族秘密的守护者 |
[10:22] | No Niles, we are not calling Aunt Vivian. | 不 Niles 我们不能打电话给她 |
[10:23] | Why? Are you afraid you will find out something you don’t want to know? | 为什么 你怕发现什么你不想知道的事么 |
[10:26] | Yes, that she knows where I live and she still drives. | 是的 我怕她知道我住哪 而且她还能开车呢 |
[10:30] | You two are worse than a couple of old washer women | 你们俩比躲在围栏后面 |
[10:33] | gossiping over the back fence. | 说闲话的洗衣大妈还糟 |
[10:34] | I’m telling you the way to solve this is to ask your father. | 我说了 要解决这个问题只能去问你们老爸 |
[10:37] | Ask me what? | 问我什么 |
[10:39] | Your sons here have some cockeyed | 你的两个儿子有个荒唐的想法 |
[10:41] | notion that you had an affair with some woman 30 years ago. | 你在30年前和一个女人有外遇 |
[10:46] | What? | 啥 |
[10:52] | Where the hell did that idea come from? | 你们怎么会那么想 |
[10:54] | Well, last night Frasier saw you having dinner with Marion Lawlor. | 昨晚Frasier看到你和Marion Lawlor吃晚饭 |
[10:58] | – You were with me! – So what are you two doing spying on me? | – 你也在好不好 – 你们在监视我吗 |
[11:02] | No,No, dad. We were just having dinner together at the same time | 不不老爸 我们只是和你在同一个时间地点吃饭 |
[11:05] | when you were supposed to be having drinks with your buddies at Duke’s. | 尽管那时候你应该和朋友在Duke喝酒 |
[11:08] | And that proves I had an affair 30 years ago? | 那就说明我30年前有外遇吗 |
[11:10] | No, no, but Niles dug out his journal and then he remembered | 不 不 但是Niles挖出了他的日记 |
[11:13] | This time when he saw you and her hugging and | 发现那个时候他看到你跟她拥抱 |
[11:16] | It was around the same time when you and mom seem to be fighting a lot. | 而那个时候你和妈妈似乎一直在吵架 |
[11:20] | And then suddenly you stopped seeing the Lawlors. | 然后你就不再和Lawlor一家联系了 |
[11:22] | I don’t believe this.This is stupid! | 有没有搞错 这太扯了 |
[11:24] | That’s what I told them. | 我就说吧 |
[11:25] | The hens here were even gonna give some aunt Vivian person a call. | 这俩家伙还打算给Vivian阿姨打电话呢 |
[11:31] | Daphne, would you give me a minute alone with these two? | Daphne 能让我们聊会吗 |
[11:34] | Of course, I completely understand. | 当然 我完全理解 |
[11:36] | That’s right, send the help to the room. | 没错 把佣人赶去房间 |
[11:38] | I never get to hear any good stuff any way. | 反正我从来听不到什么好东西 |
[11:44] | Look, don’t bother calling aunt Vivian. | 不用给Vivian阿姨打电话 |
[11:47] | You wanna know the truth? Fine. | 你们想知道真相是吧 行 |
[11:51] | I had an affair. | 我是有过外遇 |
[11:54] | It happened a long ago and it’s not anything I’m proud of. | 这是很久以前的事了 我一点也不为之自豪 |
[11:58] | Now that I’ve answered all your questions, do me a favor. | 既然我回答了你们的问题 你们也要为我做一件事 |
[12:02] | This is never to be brought up again, understand? | 绝对不能再提起这件事 知道了吗 |
[12:05] | End of discussion. | 就这样了 |
[12:12] | Well… | 额 |
[12:16] | It’s times like this that most families… | 大部分家庭在这个时候 |
[12:19] | …pull together and draw strength from each other. | 互相依靠互相给予关怀 |
[12:23] | What shall we do? | 我们该干嘛 |
[12:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:37] | Good, you’re here.I came by to see how you’re doing, | 你在这就好了 我来看看你 |
[12:40] | but I only have a few minutes. | 不过我只有几分钟时间 |
[12:41] | start my “healing with humor” support group tonight ..and I | 我今晚开始参加”幽默治愈互助小组” |
[12:45] | I still have to pick up my big shoes. | 我还要去拿我的大头鞋 |
[12:48] | How am I doing? How are you doing, Niles? | 我怎么样 你怎么样呢 Niles |
[12:52] | Doesn’t it bother you that your father cheated on my mother? | 你老爸对我老妈不忠你不觉得很烦恼吗 |
[12:58] | Frasier, your loyalties are seeping through and I might point out that | Frasier 你相当忠诚 而我要说 |
[13:01] | I got mom’s small features | 我继承了老妈的特征 |
[13:02] | while you got dad’s chunky thighs. | 而你继承了老爸粗短的大腿 |
[13:07] | The point is that it must have caused mom a great deal of pain. | 重点是那肯定让老妈很伤心 |
[13:09] | Agreed, but they went on and had a very happy life together. | 同意 但是之后他们生活的很幸福啊 |
[13:15] | They got over it. Why can’t you? | 他们想通了 你为什么不行 |
[13:17] | I know that rationally I should be able to handle this. | 我知道理智上我应该能想通 |
[13:19] | I deal with people who exemplify human frailty every day. | 我每天和有着典型人性弱点的人打交道 |
[13:24] | But in this case, it’s not people it’s | 但这件事上 这不是其他人 |
[13:26] | one of our parents had an illicit affair. | 而是我们的老爸有了外遇 |
[13:29] | How could Dad cheat with Marion knowing how the effect | 老爸怎么能和Marion有一腿 |
[13:32] | it would have on Mom, not to mention the repercussions | 在知道这会对妈妈还有我们 |
[13:34] | it would have on you and me later on. | 有着非常大影响的情况下 |
[13:35] | Why don’t you just pull up a chair and join us? | 你干脆拉把椅子一起聊吧 |
[13:41] | I just can’t believe that it’s… it’s our father. | 我就是不敢相信 那是我们老爸 |
[13:47] | You know I never had a great relationship with him, | 你知道我和他关系不好 |
[13:49] | but there was one thing I always respected about him. It was his integrity. | 但是我一直尊重他一点 就是他的正直 |
[13:54] | Just thinking about what he did. It just sickens me. | 光想他的所作所为 我都觉得恶心 |
[13:57] | Frasier, as your brother, as a therapist, | Frasier 作为你的弟弟 作为一个心理医师 |
[14:00] | I think you have to let this go. | 我觉得你要想开点 |
[14:02] | And a good first step would be to come | 第一步就是跟我一起 |
[14:04] | to my “healing with humor” support group. | 参加”幽默治疗互助小组” |
[14:07] | Oh, thank you, Niles but I think I just need a night to myself. | 谢了Niles 但是我需要一个人晚上静静 |
[14:10] | Well, if you change your mind, it should be a hoot. | 如果你改变主意的话 叫一声 |
[14:14] | As we speak, I’m wearing oversized polka-dot boxers | 说起来 我正穿着大号斑点短裤呢 |
[14:17] | and quick-release suspenders. | 还有速解吊带 |
[14:35] | Well I see all sorts of things | 我想背着我 |
[14:37] | have been going on behind my back! Get…! | 可是发生了不少事啊 给我下去 |
[14:47] | – Frasier? – Yes. | – Frasier – 是我 |
[14:50] | You may not remember me. Marion Lawlor. | 你可能不记得我了 Marion Lawlor |
[14:55] | – Yes, I remember you. – Is your Dad home? | – 我记得你 – 你老爸在家吗 |
[14:59] | No, but if you come back later, | 不 不过如何你过会再来的话 |
[15:01] | you can have the place to yourselves. | 你们可以单独聊聊 |
[15:04] | No, that’s not necessary. I had dinner with him the other night, | 没必要了 我之前和他吃过晚饭了 |
[15:08] | and I left rather abruptly. | 而且我突然的就离开了 |
[15:11] | I just wanted to tell him I’m sorry. | 我是来向他道歉的 |
[15:14] | Would you please give him my best? | 你能帮我传达歉意吗 |
[15:16] | I think you’ve already done that. | 我觉得你已经做过了 |
[15:19] | Did I come at a bad time? You seem upset about something. | 我来的不是时候吗 你似乎有点不高兴 |
[15:23] | Would you come in for a moment please? | 你能进来一下吗 |
[15:28] | After you met with Dad the other night, | 你和我老爸那天晚上见过面之后 |
[15:31] | He and I had a little conversation and | 他和我聊了聊 |
[15:32] | that was the first time that I learned what happened that summer. | 我第一次知道了那个夏天的事 |
[15:37] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 真是对不起 |
[15:40] | I guess I’m not the sort of person that | 我觉得我不是那种 |
[15:42] | can hear news like that and just sweep under the rag and forget about it. | 听到一件事就不管不顾忘了的人 |
[15:46] | I know you’re upset. | 我知道你很不开心 |
[15:48] | But if it’s any consolation in time | 如果这能安慰你的话 |
[15:50] | your father and I forgave them. | 你老爸和我都原谅他们了 |
[15:53] | Forgave them? | 原谅他们 |
[15:54] | Frasier, your mother was a good person. | 你妈妈是个好人 |
[15:58] | So was my husband. They made a mistake. | 我丈夫也是 他们不过是犯了个错 |
[16:04] | Anyway, just tell your father I stopped by. | 不管怎么样 告诉你老爸我来过了 |
[16:07] | I felt so silly crying in front of him the other night. | 那天对着他哭感觉真是很傻 |
[16:10] | I’ve been a little overemotional since Dan died. | 自从Dan去世以后我就有点容易情绪激动 |
[16:15] | Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know. | 对不起 我不知道 |
[16:19] | You never realise how hard that’s gonna hit you. | 你永远不会知道打击能有多大 |
[16:23] | Look who I’m telling this to! | 看看我在和谁说呢 |
[16:26] | The famous radio psychiatrist Dr Frasier Crane! | 著名的广播精神病专家Frasier Crane医生 |
[16:30] | I remember you when you used to ran | 我记得你以前 |
[16:33] | around in your undies with your pail and shovel. | 提着桶和铲子穿着内衣满大街跑 |
[16:38] | Yes, well, I rarely get to the shore any more. | 是啊 我之后很少去海边了 |
[16:43] | Well, goodbye, Frasier. | 好了 再见 Frasier |
[16:46] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[16:56] | Working down on the docks has always been a tradition for us Moons. | 在码头工作一直是我们Moon家的传统 |
[17:00] | Me father worked on the docks, | 我老爸在码头工作 |
[17:02] | me grandfather before him. All me brothers do. | 我爷爷也是 还有我所有的哥哥们 |
[17:05] | Well, except for me brother Billy. | 除了我哥哥Billy |
[17:07] | He came home one day and announced he hated the smell of fish and | 他有一天回家宣布 他讨厌鱼腥味 |
[17:10] | was going to teach ballroom dancing. | 打算去教交际舞 |
[17:14] | And he did. And he does. | 然后他去了 他做到了 |
[17:17] | He’s me mum’s favourite. | 他是我妈妈的最爱 |
[17:19] | Dad mostly flicks the crust off his kidney pie at him. | 老爸经常拿牛腰馅饼上的皮弹他 |
[17:23] | How much longer do I have to do this? | 这个还要做多久啊 |
[17:25] | Be patient. You don’t want | 耐心点 你不想 |
[17:27] | to go through life dragging your leg behind you like a dead tree branch. | 在之后日子里像拖着棵死树枝一样拖着腿 |
[17:31] | I’m talking about listening to your family’s history. | 我说的是听你讲你的家族历史 |
[17:35] | Now, I know you don’t mean that. | 我知道你不是真这么想的 |
[17:37] | Why would a man of your intelligence say a thing like that | 你这么聪明的人怎么会这样说话 |
[17:40] | when you’re in the position you’re in, | 特别是当你处在这么个位置 |
[17:43] | and I’m in the position I’m in? | 而我在这个位置的时候 |
[17:45] | All right. All right. | 好吧 你赢了 |
[17:47] | Up you come. | 起来吧 |
[17:54] | That’s much better. I’ll go run your bath. | 好多了 我给你放洗澡水 |
[18:05] | Hi, Dad. You look kinda tired. | 老爸 你看上去有点累啊 |
[18:08] | Yeah, I just finished my exercises with Nurse Ratchet. | 是啊 我刚刚结束了和Ratchet护士的锻炼 |
[18:13] | Listen, Dad. Do you have to watch the TV right now? | 老爸 你现在一定要看电视吗 |
[18:16] | Yeah, my programme is on. | 是啊 我要看的节目开始了 |
[18:17] | Well, if either of us could work the VCR, | 如果我们俩其中一个会用录像机的话 |
[18:20] | we’d tape it, | 就能录下来了 |
[18:22] | But just for now there’s something I’d like to talk to you about. | 但是现在我想和你谈谈 |
[18:25] | Oh, for God’s sake Frasier. I know what this is. | 拜托 Frasier 我知道你想说啥 |
[18:27] | I’ve already told you everything I’m long to. | 我要说的都已经告诉你了 |
[18:29] | Now drop it. | 别说了好吗 |
[18:36] | Dad… | 老爸 |
[18:38] | – Why didn’t you tell me the truth? – I did. | – 你为什么不告诉我真相 – 我说了啊 |
[18:42] | Marion Lawlor came by today. She wanted to apologize for the other night. | Marion Lawlor今天来了 她想向你道歉 |
[18:47] | While she was here, she, she told me what really happened. | 她告诉了我真相 |
[18:52] | All right, so now you know. | 好吧 现在你知道了 |
[18:55] | You did your a little dig and you stuck your nose at | 你这么深究 终于发现 |
[18:57] | where it didn’t belong. Are you happy now? | 不该发现的东西了 你开心了吧 |
[18:59] | Why didn’t you tell me it was Mom? | 你怎么不告诉我是妈妈出轨了呢 |
[19:01] | Because it was none of your damn business and it still isn’t. | 因为这和你没关系 现在也还是 |
[19:03] | Look Dad I don’t blame you for being defensive but, | 老爸我不怪你保守秘密 |
[19:06] | but I had a right to know. | 但是我有权知道 |
[19:07] | And for your information this sort of thing happens to a lot of people. | 告诉你 这事发生在很多人身上 |
[19:10] | And if it’s any consolation, I know exactly how you feel. | 如果这能安慰你的话 我其实感同身受 |
[19:14] | I never told you this, but Lilith did the same thing to me. | 我没告诉过你 但是Lilith也对我做了同样的事 |
[19:19] | Lilith had an affair? | 她也出轨了 |
[19:22] | It was the most painful and humiliating experience to my entire life. | 这是我这辈子经历的最耻辱最痛苦的事 |
[19:26] | Well, I’m sure you felt the same way. | 我知道你也这么觉得 |
[19:29] | Oh I hadn’t thought about it for quite some time | 我好久没想起来这感觉了 |
[19:31] | but thanks for reminding me. | 但多谢你提醒我 |
[19:35] | Lilith Lilith? | |
[19:37] | I found her attractive! | 我觉得她很漂亮啊 |
[19:39] | I mean is it so inconceivable that another man | 难道就不可以有其他男人 |
[19:41] | might find her attractive as well? | 也觉得她漂亮吗 |
[19:43] | I guess. | 我猜有吧 |
[19:47] | – Who was the bozo on your case? – Oh, God. | – 那个男的是谁啊 – 天啊 |
[19:50] | A Frenchman who lived in a self-contained underground ecopod. | 一个住在自给自足生态舱里的法国人 |
[19:55] | That still sounds better than a urologist with a bad comb-over. | 听起来也好过一个有烂发型的泌尿科医生 |
[20:04] | I’m sorry dad. | 对不起老爸 |
[20:06] | Look, son, do me a favour. Don’t hate your mother for this. | 听着儿子 帮我个忙 别恨你妈妈 |
[20:14] | I wasn’t the easiest person to live with back then | 我那个时候不是个好相处的人 |
[20:17] | and she had plenty of reason for doing what she did. | 有很多因素导致她这么做 |
[20:20] | Luckily, we were able to put it behind us, but I’ll tell you… | 好在我们能够放下 但是我告诉你 |
[20:25] | There were times when it really tore me up. | 有几次还是让我撕心裂肺 |
[20:31] | I loved your mother. | 我爱你妈妈 |
[20:34] | So did I. | 我也是 |
[20:38] | I know, son. That’s why I said I was the one who had the affair. | 我知道 儿子 所以我才说是我出轨了 |
[20:43] | I was just trying to protect her. | 我只是想保护她 |
[20:47] | Me, you already had problems with. | 我嘛 你本来就不喜欢 |
[20:51] | Well dad, I appreciate what you did, | 老爸 我很感激你所做的 |
[20:53] | but I still think you should have told me. | 但是我还是觉得你应该告诉我的 |
[20:56] | Listen. When Frederick grows up, | 听着 当Frederick长大以后 |
[20:59] | will you tell him what Lilith did to you? | 你会告诉他Lilith的事吗 |
[21:06] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[21:07] | – Can I watch my programme now? – Oh, no, just one second. | – 我现在能看电视了吗 – 不 等一下 |
[21:10] | There is one thing I got to clear up. This photo album in here | 我要澄清一点 这个相册 |
[21:14] | There’s all these pictures with the same woman that’s been cut out of them. | 这里都是同一个女人被剪掉了 |
[21:18] | You see this. | 你看这 |
[21:19] | What else do you notice, Sherlock? Like, where’s your mother? | 你还发现了什么福尔摩斯 比如 你妈妈在哪呢 |
[21:25] | – Oh, that was Mom! – Yes. | – 那是老妈 – 是的 |
[21:27] | She cut herself out of it. She’d put a few pounds on that summer. | 她自己剪掉的 那个夏天她长胖了点 |
[21:31] | I think that day she was wearing a brown dress with a belt. | 我记得她穿着棕色的裙子和绑了根皮带 |
[21:34] | Your aunt Vivian told she | 你阿姨Vivian说她 |
[21:36] | looked like a knackwurst tied in the middle. | 看起来就像香肠中间扎了起来 |
[21:39] | Yeah dad, ever since you moved in | 老爸 自从你搬进来之后 |
[21:42] | we’ve been trying to find something we have in common. | 我就想着找些我们的共同点 |
[21:43] | – I think we finally found it. – Yeah. | – 我想我们找到了吧 – 是的 |
[21:49] | – Wish it was a birthmark. – So do I. | – 真希望共同点是个胎记 – 我也是 |