时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | ‘Well I had a really good year. I decided, hey, why not reward myself? | ‘我今年收获颇丰 想着不如奖励一下自己吧’ |
[00:12] | ‘So I bought what I really wanted, a 48ft cabin cruiser. | ‘我买了梦寐以求的48英尺的游艇’ |
[00:15] | ‘How much it cost me? I’ll tell you how much it cost me, | ‘好奇它的价钱吗 我来告诉你 |
[00:18] | ‘300 grand. Not to mention the $20,000 for the custom teak decking. | 整整三十万 光是定做的柚木地板就花了我两万’ |
[00:21] | ‘Here is my problem. My wife wants to call | ‘现在的问题是 我老婆想 |
[00:24] | ‘this incredible vessel “Lullubelle”, after her mother. | 用她妈妈的名字 命名这艘游艇为”露露贝尔号” |
[00:27] | “Lullubelle!” So I say no, we call it “The Intrepid”. | “露露贝尔号”啊 我就说 我们还是叫它”勇敢号”吧 |
[00:31] | ‘So, what do you think it should be called, “Lullubelle” Or “The Intrepid”? ‘ | ‘你觉得应该叫”露露贝尔号”还是”勇敢号”‘ |
[00:37] | Roger, at Cornell University, | Roger 康奈尔大学 |
[00:40] | they have an incredible piece of scientific equipment known as | 有一个非常精妙的科研设备 |
[00:44] | the “Tunnelling electron microscope.” | 叫做”穿隧电子显微镜” |
[00:47] | This microscope is so powerful that by firing electrons, | 这个显微镜功能强大到只要释放出电子 |
[00:51] | you can actually see images of the atom, | 就能清晰地看到里面的原子 |
[00:54] | the infinite testimony might mute building block of our universe. | 无数这些原子无声的组成我们的世界吗 |
[00:58] | Roger, if I were using that microscope right now, | Roger 就算我现在用这样的显微镜 |
[01:02] | I still wouldn’t be able to locate my interest in your problem. | 还是难以找到对你这个问题的丝毫兴趣 |
[01:11] | Thank you for your call. | 感谢你的来电 |
[01:14] | And now, “Hungry for Chinese tonight? I always…” | 接下来 “今晚想吃中餐了吗 我经常…” |
[01:18] | I’m sorry. We’re experiencing technical difficulty. | 抱歉 我们现在碰到了技术故障 |
[01:21] | Let’s go to a pre-recorded commercial message. | 插播一条提前录制的广告 |
[01:26] | Roz, why do you hand me this copy? I don’t do personal endorsements. | Roz 你给我这个干嘛 我不做这种宣传广告的啊 |
[01:30] | What is the big deal. All the other personalities do them. | 多大点事儿啊 其他人不都照做的 |
[01:32] | The other personalities aren’t doctors. | 他们又不是医生 |
[01:35] | If I allow myself to become a column pitchman, | 如果我允许自己做这种分类广告 |
[01:37] | I lose all my credibility. | 我的信誉就全毁了 |
[01:39] | I am a wise man, a shaman. | 我是一个智者 一个萨满啊 |
[01:41] | Zip up your fly, wise man. | 先把拉链拉好吧 智者 |
[01:46] | Whoa! Doc, this is a radio studio, not a bus terminal. | 医生 这里是电台 又不是汽车终点站 |
[01:51] | Look who’s here, Roz, Noel Coward. | 看看谁来了 Roz Noel Coward |
[01:54] | Listen, Bulldog, I hate to mix business with revulsion, but Frasier, | 我也不想工作中带负面情绪 但是Frasier |
[01:58] | as usual, will not do this promo. | 还是老样子 不肯做推广 |
[01:59] | – Love to. – I’m done now. – No problem. | – 乐意效劳 – 就这些 – 小事一桩 |
[02:03] | Doc, with all due respect, you’re an idiot. | 医生 恕我直言 你白痴啊 |
[02:07] | These promos are easy money. | 这种推广就是赚快钱啊 |
[02:09] | Money isn’t relevant. It’s a question of integrity. | 跟钱没关系 这是人格问题 |
[02:12] | Integrity. Hello! | 人格 脑子还在吧 |
[02:17] | We’re talking mucho dinero. | 我们说的可是很多钱啊 |
[02:20] | But hey! The more you turn these down, | 不过你拒绝得越多 |
[02:22] | the more Liver Snacks for the Bulldog. | Bulldog就越多肝粮 |
[02:28] | What is this with my name on it here, Roz? | 这什么东西 上面怎么有我的名字 |
[02:30] | That’s the contract of The Hunan Palace gig. | 是湖南宫饭店的合同 |
[02:32] | It’s how much they’re gonna pay you. | 给你的酬劳都写着呢 |
[02:33] | I guess I need to have to change the name on here to “Bulldog”. | 看来我得把你的名字改成”Bulldog” |
[02:36] | They pay you that much money just to read some copy? | 读个稿子就给这么多钱啊 |
[02:39] | Yes. Of couse Bulldog usually adds his own special touch. | 是啊 不过Bulldog总是会加点个人风格在里面 |
[02:44] | So you will come, chop chop to Hunan Palace, | 你要锅来 湖南宫饭店米西米西 |
[02:49] | where Peking duck is always extra crispy. | 着里的北津烤鸭还是辣么脆 |
[03:05] | We’re gonna get sued this time for sure. | 我们这次肯定会被告了 |
[03:17] | Damn it! I just put a dent in my | 该死 我刚才在停车场停车的时候 |
[03:19] | front bumper when I pulled into my parking space. | 在前保险杆上撞了个坑 |
[03:21] | Does anybody know what happened to the tennis ball | 我为了倒车不要倒过头 |
[03:22] | I hung over my space | 还特地在车位那里放了个网球 |
[03:24] | so I wouldn’t pull up too far? | 谁知道球到哪里去了吗 |
[03:35] | He was bored. He needed a toy. | 它无聊了 需要个玩具嘛 |
[03:37] | Go ahead and throw it. He’ll run and get it for you. | 扔这个球 它会跑过去帮你捡起来 |
[03:51] | He didn’t think that was funny and | 它觉得一点都不好笑 |
[03:52] | he knows where you sleep. | 而且现在你睡觉的时候要当心点了 |
[03:55] | Dad, Daphne. A situation has arisen over at work, | 工作上出了点情况 |
[03:58] | And I’m not sure how it should be handled. | 我不太懂该怎么做 |
[04:01] | I was hoping maybe your objective viewpoint could be helpful. | 你们帮我客观分析一下 说不定会有点帮助 |
[04:05] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[04:07] | What would you think if I did a commercial and publicly endorse a product? | 你觉得我做广告和公开推荐产品会如何 |
[04:11] | Oh, you mean like Cher does? | 你是说像Cher那样 |
[04:14] | Thank you, Daphne, one against. Dad? | 谢了 Daphne 一票反对 老爸你呢 |
[04:19] | What’s the product? | 什么产品 |
[04:20] | The Station want me do a commercial for a Chinese restaurant. | 他们想让我帮一家中餐馆做广告 |
[04:23] | What’s the problem? | 问题是啥 |
[04:24] | Well, I hold a position of trust in this community. | 这个社区里的人都很信任我 |
[04:28] | People do what I tell them to | 我说什么他们做什么 |
[04:29] | and I hate to be accused of abusing that position. | 我不希望被别人说我辜负了他们的信任 |
[04:32] | The thought of a doctor selling things is kind of distasteful, isn’t it? | 医生去推销这种东西挺庸俗的 不是吗 |
[04:36] | What about Dr Sneezy’s cold medicine? | Sneezy医生不就在推销感冒药嘛 |
[04:40] | Dr Sneezy is a cartoon character. | Sneezy医生是卡通人物 |
[04:45] | The fact that he’s a giant | 它是个紫色的大河马 |
[04:47] | purple hippo should have tipped you off. | 你看到它的时候应该能猜到一二吧 |
[04:51] | I say take the money and run. | 要我说 拿了钱就跑 |
[04:53] | Well you know, I’m tempted for no other reason to keep Bulldog | 我也很想这样 另一个原因是防止Bulldog |
[04:56] | from further alienating the Asian-American community. | 再继续惹恼亚裔美国人群体 |
[05:00] | I just want to make sure that I don’t compromise my principles. | 我想至少确保我没有放弃自己的原则 |
[05:03] | Doctor Crane, You’ve delicated your life to helping people, haven’t you? | Crane医生 你这一辈子都是在帮助别人 不是吗 |
[05:07] | Well, yes. | 没错 |
[05:09] | Well, suppose one of your listeners was in a | 假设你有一个听众 |
[05:11] | quandary over where to buy good Chinese food, | 正好在为哪里的中餐好吃而烦恼 |
[05:13] | wouldn’t your commercial be helping them? | 你做这个广告不是正好帮了他们吗 |
[05:16] | Why don’t you just go down there, | 干嘛不直接去吃一次 |
[05:18] | if you like the food, do the commercial. If you don’t, don’t. | 如果你喜欢就接下这个广告 不喜欢就不接 |
[05:21] | I suppose that’s the logical approach. | 这倒是个合乎逻辑的办法 |
[05:23] | Why don’t the three of us go tonight? | 我们三个今天去吃一次吧 |
[05:24] | I’ll make a call. Why don’t I make the reservations under a different name. | 我来预定 不如我用个假名来预定 |
[05:28] | I don’t want any special treatment. | 我可不想被特别优待 |
[05:31] | I just want to be treated like I’m just an average working Joe. | 我就想被当做是某个普通的小职员 |
[05:36] | Good evening. Yes, yes. | 晚上好 是的 是的 |
[05:38] | We’d like a reservation for three this evening at 8:00. | 我想预定今天晚上八点 三个人 |
[05:42] | Oh, nothing till 10:00? Oh. | 十点之前没有空位吗 |
[05:45] | Well, then, uh… | 好吧 那么 |
[05:47] | This is Dr Frasier Crane, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[05:51] | from the radio and… | 那个电台主持 |
[05:53] | Yes, I thought you might. Thank you. | 是的 我就知道你认识我 谢谢 |
[05:57] | We’re in at 9:45. | 我们定在九点四十五 |
[06:05] | Did I say tasty? Tasty doesn’t | 我刚才说好吃了吗 好吃两个字根本不足以 |
[06:08] | do justice to those succulent pot stickers. | 形容那多汁的鲜肉锅贴 |
[06:12] | And the Kung Pao chicken. Ooh, don’t get me started. | 还有宫保鸡丁 哎哟 一说就停不下来啊 |
[06:17] | So if you’ve got a yen for Chinese tonight, | 如果你”渴望”吃中餐 |
[06:19] | hurry on down to the Hunan Palace. | 赶紧去湖南宫饭店吧 |
[06:21] | Well, that’s it for today. | 今天就到这儿 |
[06:22] | This is Dr Frasier Crane hoping we’ll see you tomorrow | 我是Frasier Crane医生 明天见啦 |
[06:24] | on KACL 780AM. | 这里是KACL 780AM |
[06:30] | You know Roz, I think I’m getting the knack for doing these promos. | Roz 这种推广我现在越来越得心应手了 |
[06:32] | Did you hear the Ad-lib I made about the “Yen” for chinese food. | 我刚才的即兴发挥你听到没 “渴望”吃中餐 |
[06:35] | Yeah. By the way, “Yen” is Japanese, not Chinese. | 顺便扫个盲 “Yen”是日币 不是人民币 |
[06:43] | I tell you, I got a call from the Hunan palace the other day. | 我前两天接到了湖南宫饭店的电话 |
[06:45] | They said, since I started doing these commercials, | 他们说自从我接这个广告以后 |
[06:47] | their business has gone up by 30%. | 他们的营业额提高了30% |
[06:50] | Isn’t that what advertising is supposed to do? | 广告本来不就是派这个用场的嘛 |
[06:52] | Yes, it is, Miss Sour Britches. | 是啦 是啦 酸黄瓜小姐 |
[06:55] | Give me a little credit. | 给点鼓励不行嘛 |
[06:57] | My god! I pleased the boys upstairs, | 我满足了老板 |
[07:00] | I got a proper stranger to try a new restaurant, | 让大家尝试了新的餐馆 |
[07:01] | and most importantly, I’ve helped a struggling immigrant family | 最重要的是 我帮助了一个艰难度日的移民家庭 |
[07:05] | who came to these shores 12 years ago | 他们12年前 |
[07:07] | with little more than a dream, a few recipes and a wok. | 带着梦想 几份菜谱和一个炒锅来到了大美利坚 |
[07:17] | – Dr Crane, what a privilege this is. – Excuse me? | – Crane医生 真是荣幸啊 – 您是 |
[07:21] | Bebe Glazer, I’m Bulldog Brisco’s agent. | Bebe Glazer Bulldog Brisco的经纪人 |
[07:24] | Ah, well. Pleasure meeting you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[07:26] | Oh listen, I’m not usually this forward, | 我一般不会这么直接 |
[07:28] | but I got to come right up and say, I’ve done some research, | 但我要说 我查了一下 |
[07:30] | I know you’re not represented by anyone. | 你还没有经纪人 |
[07:32] | How would you feel about signing on with me as a client? | 你愿不愿意做我的客户 |
[07:34] | If your answer is no, it won’t hurt my feelings. | 如果你想拒绝也没关系的 |
[07:35] | – Well, I really don’t think so. – Why? | – 我想还是不要了 – 为什么啊 |
[07:40] | It’s not that I am not flattered, Miss Glazer. | 当然我还是很荣幸的 |
[07:42] | But here you see, I’m not really a radio personality per se. | 但是我目前还不算名电台主持人 |
[07:46] | Come on, Doctor Crane. | 别这样 Crane医生 |
[07:47] | I’ve heard those spots you’ve done for that chinese restaurant. | 你为那家中餐馆做的广告我都听过了 |
[07:49] | You make me want to stuff my | 你让我想把蛋卷糊满一脸 |
[07:50] | face full of egg rolls and… I don’t know what. | 还有其他我不晓得是啥的东西 |
[07:56] | Thank you, eh… | 谢了 哈 |
[07:59] | But, you see, I dine at the Hunan Palace frequently | 但是我经常去湖南宫饭店吃饭 |
[08:03] | that’s the only admit to those commercials. | 所以我才会接他们的广告 |
[08:05] | The last thing I would ever want you to do | 我是绝对不会让你 |
[08:06] | is advertise something you don’t believe in. | 给不喜欢的产品做广告的 |
[08:08] | – I am an agent, not a pimp. – Well, I don’t mean to offend… | – 我是经纪人 不是拉皮条 – 我无意冒犯 |
[08:14] | Are you kidding? You’re terrific, You can’t offend me. | 开什么玩笑 你这么棒的人怎么会冒犯到我呢 |
[08:16] | Let me just leave you with my card. | 我留一张名片给你好了 |
[08:17] | I really don’t think that’s necessary… | 没这个必要吧 |
[08:19] | Give me back my card. | 把名片还给我 |
[08:20] | I would not let you call me. It is too refreshing to meet someone | 我不许你打我电话 很难碰到你这样 |
[08:25] | who isn’t seduced by the almighty dollar. I would refuse your call. | 不受金钱诱惑的人 就算你打我电话我也不会接的 |
[08:29] | I’ve got to go, flying to Palo Alto. My daughter’s at Stanford. | 我得走了 要飞去帕罗奥多 我女儿在斯坦福读书呢 |
[08:34] | Ah. Wait. You don’t have kids, do you? | 等一下 你还没有孩子 是吧 |
[08:39] | Yes. I have a five-year-old son. | 有啊 我儿子五岁了 |
[08:41] | Oh, lucky you. You won’t have to worry about it for years. | 你真走运 好有好多年才会开始操心呢 |
[08:44] | – Worry about what? – Tuition, innocent. | – 操心什么 – 学费啊 你装呢 |
[08:48] | Ah, wait, I see. You’re going to send him to a state college. | 我知道了 你准备送儿子上州立大学是吧 |
[08:54] | No, I had planned to send him to my alma mater, Harvard. | 不是啊 我打算送他去读我的母校 哈佛 |
[08:58] | Ouch. Kiss it and make it better. | 哎哟 好好安慰你的孩子吧 |
[09:03] | Have you seen Business Week’s projections for college costs the year 2010? | 你没看商业周刊里预测的2010年的大学学费吗 |
[09:10] | I’ve got to go. That plane is not going to wait for little bebe. | 我得走了 飞机可不等人啊 |
[09:14] | You know, Maybe we should talk sometime. | 我们也许该找个时间聊聊 |
[09:18] | Let’s talk now. | 不如就现在吧 |
[09:20] | I think I can die peacefully | 我想我总算能够不用痛苦地忍受 |
[09:22] | without seeing the first half Stanford-Cal game. | 史丹福大学对加州大学橄榄球赛的上半场 |
[09:24] | You see, that’s not I object to doing commercials, | 我不是抵触做广告 |
[09:27] | It’s just that I would have to try a product first before I could endorse it. | 只是必须先试用过那个产品 |
[09:31] | Dr Crane, I wouldn’t have it any other way. | Crane医生 我十分赞同你 |
[09:42] | Tell me again why am I here? | 再说一次 我为什么在这儿来着 |
[09:44] | Because if I do the commercial, | 因为如果我要接这个广告 |
[09:46] | I have to say my friends and family enjoy this. | 得说我的朋友和家人都很喜欢 |
[09:48] | And I won’t say it unless it’s true. | 必须言之有实 |
[09:50] | I feel kinda silly sitting here in this showroom. | 在产品陈列室这么坐着挺傻的 |
[09:53] | I apologise, but it’s the best place to try one. | 抱歉 但是在这里试用最好不过了 |
[09:57] | So, tell me the truth, are you two enjoying this? | 老实说 你们俩喜欢吗 |
[10:00] | Well, I do like the bubbles. | 我喜欢这些泡泡 |
[10:03] | It’s a little like sitting in hot champagne. | 有点像坐在热香槟里 |
[10:06] | Not that I’ve done that very much. | 不是说我经常这么干啦 |
[10:09] | Dad, did you know that this unit’s made from the same heat-resistance | 老爸 做这个的太空保温聚合物 |
[10:12] | space-age polymer that’s used on the NASA space shuttles? | 可是和美国宇航局航天飞机里的一模一样 |
[10:16] | Great. Next time I’m re-entering the | 太好了 下次我再坐在浴缸里面 |
[10:17] | Earth’s atmosphere in a hot tub, I won’t have to worry. | 进入地球大气层 我就没啥好担心的了 |
[10:22] | Well, do you like it? | 好吧 你喜欢吗 |
[10:25] | I have to admit, it is making my hip feel a little better. | 不得不说 我的臀部好像好点了 |
[10:28] | That’s all I need to hear. My friends like it, my family likes it, I like it. | 这就够了 我的朋友喜欢 我家人喜欢 我喜欢 |
[10:33] | I can do the commercial and Frederick can go to Harvard. | 我能接广告 Frederick能去哈佛了 |
[10:38] | Oh, my God, isn’t that Dave Hendler from our building? | 天呐 这不是我们楼的Dave Hendler嘛 |
[10:42] | You know he’s the head of the Seattle Psychiatric Association! | 他可是西雅图心理医生协会的会长 |
[10:49] | – That’s not Dave Hendler. – Shh, don’t worry about it. | – 那不是Dave Hendler啊 – 嘘 别管他 |
[10:52] | Enjoy the quiet while you can. | 享受难得的清静吧 |
[11:01] | ‘Gentle bubbles, soothing bubbles, | ‘轻柔的气泡 舒缓的气泡 |
[11:04] | bubbles that will ease your aching body. | 缓解身体酸痛的气泡 |
[11:06] | ‘This is Dr Frasier Crane. In these pressure-packed times, | ‘我是Frasier Crane医生 在压力繁重的时候 |
[11:11] | ‘what could be better than one relaxing dip in a Redwood hot tub? | ‘还有什么能比沉浸在Redwood牌浴缸中更享受的呢 |
[11:15] | Let Redwood’s patented | 让Redwood专利的 |
[11:17] | ‘Ultra-Blow’ air system surround your body. | “超级气泡”空气系统环绕你的全身 |
[11:20] | – My family and friends like it.’ – That’s us. | – 我的家人朋友都喜欢它’ – 说我们呢 |
[11:23] | ‘And if you like it too, | ‘如果你喜欢 |
[11:24] | and if you act quickly, you’ll receive a complimentary scum guard. | 马上行动即可获赠一个浴室卫士 |
[11:31] | Hurry down to your local Redwood hot tub dealer. | 赶紧到当地Redwood浴缸经销商处购买 |
[11:34] | Say Frasier Crane sent you’ | 就说是Frasier Crane推荐来的’ |
[11:38] | – What did you think? – I could almost smell the chlorine. | – 你们觉得怎么样 – 我都能闻到水里的氯气味儿了 |
[11:42] | – Dad, how about you? – I liked it. | – 老爸 你觉得呢 – 我挺喜欢 |
[11:44] | – REALLY? – Yeah , I liked it. | – 真的吗 – 是的 我挺喜欢的 |
[11:47] | – You REALLY REALLY liked it? – No, I liked it. | – 你真的真的很喜欢吗 – 不 我挺喜欢 |
[11:50] | – What was wrong with it? – Nothing! | – 有什么不对吗 – 完全没有 |
[11:52] | – You hated it, don’t you? – Yeah. Good night, Frasier. | – 你不喜欢 是不是 – 没错 晚安 Frasier |
[12:04] | – Hello, darling. – Bebe! | – 你好啊 亲爱的 – Bebe |
[12:06] | First of, mea culpa for dropping by unannounced | 抱歉我没打招呼就直接过来了 |
[12:09] | but you’re going to kiss me when you hear what I’ve done for you. | 你听到我为了做了啥肯定激动得不行 |
[12:14] | Oh… | 喔 |
[12:18] | – Hello. – Hi | – 你好 – 你好 |
[12:22] | No, no, Bebe, this is Daphne Moon, | 不 不 Bebe 这位是Daphne Moon |
[12:25] | my father’s physical therapist. | 我父亲的健康顾问 |
[12:26] | Oh! | 喔 |
[12:29] | So, I believe I was about to kiss you for something. | 我记得刚才你说我会很激动来着 |
[12:33] | Well, today I got a very attractive | 没错 今天我争取到了一个 |
[12:36] | offer for you to be a product spokesman | 非常诱人的代言合同 |
[12:39] | and we know they’re serious, cos it’s “Pay or play”. | 他们很有诚意 因为是”不成也付” |
[12:41] | Oh, that’s the best kind. You get your money whether you do it or not. | 这种最好了 不管你干不干都会有钱 |
[12:45] | – Well, listen to this one. – How do you know that? | – 这里有位专家呢 – 你怎么知道的 |
[12:48] | Well, I must confess, there is a chapter of my life | 说实话 我人生中那么一段日子 |
[12:52] | I haven’t told you or your father about. | 一直没有告诉过你和你父亲 |
[12:55] | Back when I was 12, I starred in a television show in England. | 我12岁的时候开始在英国的电视上演电视剧 |
[12:59] | – Well, I will leave you two to your business. – Get back here. You what? | – 好了 你们俩继续谈吧 – 回来 啥来着 |
[13:04] | I starred in a TV series. It was quite popular in its day. | 我演过电视剧 当时还很受欢迎呢 |
[13:08] | Maybe you’ve heard of it, “Mind Your Knickers”? | 你们可能听到过 “注意下你的短裤” |
[13:12] | It was about a group of high-spirited ethnically diverse | 是关于一群来自不同国家的热情高涨的12岁孩子们 |
[13:16] | 12-year-olds in a girls private boarding school. | 在私人女子寄宿学校里的故事 |
[13:19] | I played Emma, the short, spunky one. | 我的角色叫Emma 精力充沛的小矮个儿 |
[13:22] | Of course, by the end of the series, | 当然到了快完结的时候 |
[13:23] | I was 16, 5ft 10in, | 我十六岁 已经长到了一米七几 |
[13:25] | and they had my boozies bound up tighter than a mummy. | 胸束得比木乃伊还紧 |
[13:30] | Well, I’m off. | 我闪了 |
[13:34] | The woman is like an artichoke. | 这女人就像个洋蓟 |
[13:37] | You just keep peeling away one astounding leaf after another. | 每剥一层皮就惊讶一次 |
[13:42] | Any way, back to business. What have you got for me? | 说回正题 你让我代言的是什么 |
[13:45] | Voila! Emery’s nuts! | 登登登登 Emery牌坚果 |
[13:47] | Oh dear! No, I can’t endorse these. | 天啊 不 我不代言这个 |
[13:50] | – Why not? – Well, for one thing, I don’t like them. | – 为什么 – 说我不喜欢坚果 |
[13:53] | And they’re 60% fat, laced with | 脂肪含量百分之六十 |
[13:56] | salt and the wreak havoc with my diverticulitis. | 加了很多盐 而且会诱发我的憩室炎 |
[13:58] | – Of course they do, they’re nuts. – Sorry, I’m afraid I can’t. | – 废话嘛 这是坚果呀 – 抱歉 我实在不行 |
[14:04] | Well… | 好吧 |
[14:07] | Then I will just tell them that they can | 那我就叫他们 |
[14:09] | take their five-figure deal and find someone else. | 带着五位数的合同去找其他代言人吧 |
[14:12] | – Five figures. – Did I mention, Frasier. | – 五位数 – 我没说吗 Frasier |
[14:15] | This is for TV, the Big Kahuna. | 这是电视广告 大屏幕 |
[14:17] | Television. | 电视广告 |
[14:20] | But I understand if you have a problem. | 我能理解你有顾虑 |
[14:24] | Well, I… l… I don’t mean to be difficult. I do have my standards. | 好吧 我也不想这么难搞 我是有原则啦 |
[14:30] | You know I only endorse things that I like | 我只会代言我喜欢 |
[14:32] | or I think they are therapeutic, like the hot tub. | 或者对健康有益的东西 比如浴缸 |
[14:35] | Let me pinch you. You’re not real! | 让我掐掐你 竟然真有这种人 |
[14:39] | Well… | 好啦 |
[14:41] | But still, I wonder if you’re not being | 可惜 我还是会想你这样是不是 |
[14:45] | just the tiniest bit short-sighted. | 有点目光短浅了 |
[14:48] | Research has shown that a single television commercial | 有研究说一个电视广告 |
[14:51] | can turn an obscure radio personality into a national celebrity! | 能够把不出名的电台主持变成全国名人 |
[14:55] | A year from now, someone like you could | 一年之后 会有个像你一样的人 |
[14:59] | be broadcasting your message of hoping healing | 传达你一直提倡的健康讯息 |
[15:01] | not just to the Pacific Northwest but to the entire nation. | 到时范围就不光是西北地区 而是整个国家 |
[15:09] | But, of course, there’s not much I can do about it | 当然 如果你真的不喜欢这个产品的话 |
[15:14] | if you don’t like the product. | 那我也无能为力了 |
[15:47] | You know, I’ve never been 100% happy with my nose. | 我一直对自己的鼻子不太满意 |
[15:52] | You can’t be serious. That’s a nose people trust. | 别逗了 你的鼻子给人可以信任的感觉 |
[15:57] | Finally, your script! Thanks Jeff. | 终于来了 你的台本 谢啦 Jeff |
[16:00] | I’ve seen it already. You’re gonna love it. | 我已经看过了 你肯定会喜欢的 |
[16:02] | “Two nuts are arguing with each other.” That’s cute. | “两个坚果在吵架” 挺可爱的嘛 |
[16:07] | “I’m a nut.” “No, I’m a nut.” | “我是坚果” “我才是坚果” |
[16:10] | That’s funny. | 蛮有趣的 |
[16:12] | “Hold it. You’re both nuts. I’m Dr Frasier Crane, a psychiatrist, | “慢着 你们都是坚果 我是Frasier Crane 心理医生 |
[16:16] | and I know a nut when I see one.” | 是不是坚果我一眼就能看出来 |
[16:21] | I don’t know about that line. | 这句台词不太好吧 |
[16:23] | – Oh. What’s wrong? It’s a scream. – Maybe, a scream. But it’s… | – 怎么了 不就是一句台词么 – 没错 但是 |
[16:28] | What’s the word I’m looking for? | 我想说的那个词是什么来着 |
[16:30] | What, “Tuition”, “Retirement beach house”? | 什么 “学费” “养老用的海边别墅” |
[16:38] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:40] | I’m so sorry. It’s just that I want so much for you. | 对不起 但是我真的是为你好 |
[16:45] | Bebe, I don’t want a reputation for being difficult, | Bebe 我也不想让别人觉得我难伺候 |
[16:47] | but I’m just not comfortable with this line. | 但是这台词我真的不喜欢 |
[16:50] | Frasier Frasier Frasier Frasier, Frasier, Frasier. | |
[16:53] | – How long have we been together? – Six days. | – 我们共事多久了 – 六天 |
[16:58] | You think I would ever have you do | 难道我会强迫你 |
[17:00] | something that you were uncomfortable with? | 做不喜欢的事情吗 |
[17:02] | But what makes this so wonderful is that you’are spoofing yourself, | 但是这句台词好就好在你是拿自己开涮 |
[17:06] | you’re showing that psychiatrists can be loose, | 让别人知道心理医生也可以不那么拘束 |
[17:07] | you’are making shrinks more accessible to the average person. | 你让心理医生更贴近平凡大众 |
[17:10] | So which you are saying I would be | 所以我接这个广告等于是 |
[17:12] | doing psychiatry a service by doing this commercial? | 帮心理学一个大忙了是嘛 |
[17:15] | You have a way of cutting | 你想问题的独特方式 |
[17:17] | through the baloney that knocks me out cold. | 总是让我瞠目结舌 |
[17:23] | Oh dear, what does this mean, “Frasier comes out of his shell”? | 天呐 这句是什么意思 “Frasier从壳里出来” |
[17:29] | It’s a… A technical term… it’s a lighting thing. | 这是个 专业术语 是灯光的意思 |
[17:32] | You see, you come out of | 你从阴影中或者壳里出来 |
[17:34] | your shadow or your shell, into the light. | 走到灯光中 |
[17:41] | I have so much to learn about this business. | 我真的还有好多要学啊 |
[17:50] | Niles, thanks for meeting me. I have to talk to you about something. | Niles 谢谢你能来见我 我有话要跟你说 |
[17:53] | Why do you have that ridiculous tissue around your neck? | 你干嘛在脖子上挂纸巾这么搞笑 |
[17:55] | They didn’t tell me I could take it off, so I kept it on. | 他们也没跟我说可以拿下来 所以我就一直留着了 |
[18:00] | Silly me, I thought it was just means to attract attention | 我想多了 还以为是为了吸引别人注意力 |
[18:04] | have people come up to you and say, “Are you an actor?” | 让别人来问 “你是演员吧” |
[18:06] | thus affording you the opportunity to say, yes were indeed an actor | 然后你就可以趁此机会说 没错 我就是名演员 |
[18:09] | and proceed to crow, gloat and | 反正你平时也没这种机会 |
[18:11] | strut in a way you could not otherwise do. | 可以这么雀跃 沾沾自喜或者炫耀 |
[18:14] | And the reason you have “Shrink” on your licence plate would be? | 就跟你在执照上写”心理医生”一个道理是吧 |
[18:20] | Niles, listen , I gonna do this commercial in half an hour, | 我半小时后要回去拍个广告 |
[18:23] | I just don’t think I can go through with it. | 我真的觉得我做不了 |
[18:25] | I’m afraid that I’m compromising my integrity as a psychiatrist. | 我很怕这样会玷污了作为心理医生的信誉 |
[18:28] | Why do you feel like that? | 你怎么会这么想 |
[18:29] | Well, for one thing, my co-stars are dressed up like an almond and a walnut. | 因为我联合主演是一枚杏仁和一个核桃 |
[18:33] | Now listen Niles, I need your guidance. | Niles 我需要你的建议 |
[18:35] | Frasier, I don’t see this as a problem. | Frasier 我不觉得有什么问题 |
[18:37] | You don’t think this is the selling out Frasier Crane? | 你不觉得是Frasier Crane在出卖自己吗 |
[18:40] | Oh, certainly not. You sold out a long time ago. | 怎么会呢 你早就卖得一干二净了 |
[18:45] | The moment you agreed to do that call-in show, | 你答应做那个来电节目的时候 |
[18:47] | you’ve sold out. | 就已经没有名誉可言了 |
[18:48] | Niles, you are such a purist. | 你真是个死脑筋 |
[18:50] | OK, I can’t do that kind of in-depth analysis one can with a single patient, | 好吧 我不能和病人一对一进行深入的沟通分析 |
[18:53] | but my show literally helps thousands of people a day. | 但我的节目真的每天帮助了好几千人呢 |
[18:56] | Let’s face it, Frasier. | 面对事实吧 Frasier |
[18:57] | You talked about wanting to safeguard your professional dignity. | 你想要保住职业操守 |
[19:00] | But, the first time you went on the air, | 但从你做电台节目的那一刻起 |
[19:02] | you got out of medicine and into show biz. | 你就从医生变成了娱乐圈的人 |
[19:05] | No different from that movie star | 就跟那个在电影里 |
[19:06] | who let everyone look up her skirt in that film, | 让所有人看她的裙底 |
[19:08] | and then did nothing but complained that | 却老是抱怨没有人把她 |
[19:09] | nobody took her seriously as an actress. | 看作一个演员的女明星如出一辙 |
[19:11] | – That has nothing to do with it. – Have you seen that movie? | – 这根本是两码事 – 你看过那部电影没 |
[19:16] | Maris and I rented the video. | 我和Maris租来看的 |
[19:17] | I don’t mind telling you | 我可不怕告诉你 |
[19:18] | we pushed our beds together that night. | 当天晚上我们俩就把床推到一块儿了 |
[19:32] | And that was no mean feat. Her room as you know is across the hall. | 这可没那么容易啊 她的房间在走廊另一边呢 |
[19:38] | Niles, would you just tell me, would you do it? | 你就告诉我 换你你接不接 |
[19:41] | A nude scene? I supposed if it were integral to… | 裸露镜头吗 如果是情节需要的话 |
[19:43] | No! Not a nude scene! Would you do this commercial! | 不 不是说裸露镜头 你会不会接这个广告 |
[19:47] | Oh, certainly not, I’m a respected psychiatrist. | 当然不接啊 我是个受人尊敬的心理医生 |
[19:50] | So you are saying is, that I shouldn’t do it? | 你是说我不该接 |
[19:53] | No no no no. I’m saying it doesn’t matter. | 不是 我是说你接不接都一样 |
[19:56] | Let’s face it, Frasier, they’ve already looked up your skirt | 实话就是 Frasier 你的裙底早就被别人看光了 |
[19:59] | and they’ve seen everything there is to see. | 而且能看的都已经被看完了 |
[20:20] | What are you still doing up? | 你怎么还不睡 |
[20:23] | Oh, geez, you’re not watching | 天呐 你不会又在看 |
[20:25] | that tape of that dumb commercial again! | 那个白痴广告的带子了吧 |
[20:27] | I can’t get it off my mind. Did I do the right thing? | 我就是放不下 我做的决定到底对不对 |
[20:31] | Of course you did, Freddy’s gonna thank you for it. | 当然对啦 Freddy会感谢你的 |
[20:36] | Watch it with me one more time. | 跟我一起再看一次 |
[20:40] | ‘Hi, I’m a nut.’ | ‘嗨 我是坚果’ |
[20:42] | ‘No, I’m a nut.’ | ‘不 我才是坚果’ |
[20:45] | – ‘ No, I’m a nut.’ – ‘I ‘m a nut.’ | – ‘不 我是坚果’ – ‘我才是’ |
[20:47] | ‘Stop! You’re both nuts. | ‘够了 你们都是’ |
[20:51] | ‘I’m a psychologist, Dr Joyce Brothers. | ‘我是心理医生 Joyce Brothers’ |
[20:54] | ‘I’m here to tell you that I’m just crazy about Emery’s nuts. | ‘我想告诉大家 我为Emery牌坚果而疯狂’ |
[20:59] | ‘So, if you’re crazy about nuts too, | ‘如果你也为坚果疯狂 |
[21:01] | pick up a can of Emery’s today. | 今天就去买一罐Emery |
[21:04] | Emery’s, the nut lover’s nut.’ | Emery坚果 爱坚果的人心中的坚果’ |
[21:12] | I suppose you’re right. Dad. Freddy will thank me. | 你是对的 老爸 Freddy会感谢我的 |
[21:15] | Dr Joyce is his favourite psychologist. | Joyce医生是他最喜欢的心理医生 |
[21:19] | Dr Joyce is pretty good. | Joyce医生挺不错的 |
[21:21] | I remember her from “The Hollywood Squares”. | 我在Hollywood广场看过她的广告 |
[21:23] | She was always under Charlie Weaver. | 她总是在Charlie Weaver的下面 |
[21:26] | No, Charlie Weaver was always on the bottom. | 不 是Charlie Weaver在下面 |
[21:29] | No, I don’t think so. Let’s see, Paul Lynde was in the middle. | 让我想想 Paul Lynde夹在中间 |
[21:32] | George Gobel was on the end and where was Wally Cox? | George Gobel在最靠边 那Wally Cox在哪里 |
[21:35] | Wally Cox… upper left next to Rose Marie to block. Oh, right. | Wally Cox 在Rose Maire的左上方 没错 |