时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | No, really, I’ve never had a serious boyfriend. | 不 说真的 我从没正经谈过男友 |
[00:11] | No one’s really been interested. | 没有人真正喜欢过我 |
[00:13] | Men can be such pigs. | 男人有时候真是没品 |
[00:16] | It’s not that people weren’t trying to fix me up. | 不是没有人帮我牵红线啦 |
[00:18] | Back in Manchester, | 在曼彻斯特的时候 |
[00:20] | me mum was steering me towards Reginald Glower, the butcher’s son. | 老妈撮合我和屠夫的儿子Reginald Glower |
[00:23] | Pasty little thing, never did take to him. | 皮肤惨白的小伙子 我可对他没兴趣 |
[00:26] | I suppose I like my gents more on the manly side. | 我还是喜欢更有男子气概的人 |
[00:34] | Was that a little swan you made? | 你折的是个小天鹅吗 |
[00:37] | No, it was a B-52. | 不 是B-52轰炸机 |
[00:42] | Well, Dad’s done it again. | 老爸又这么干了 |
[00:44] | It was Dr Jennings’ office on the phone. | Jennings医生的电话 |
[00:46] | He skipped his physical again today! | 他今天又没去理疗 |
[00:47] | Why, that little devil. No wonder he didn’t want me to go with him. | 这小坏蛋 难怪不让我跟他一起去 |
[00:51] | Frasier, you know Dad’s intense aversion to doctors. | 你知道老爸有多么痛恨医生 |
[00:54] | You should have seen that he got there. | 你应该送他去 |
[00:55] | Just I didn’t see you volunteering take him this afternoon? | 你怎么不主动送他去 |
[00:57] | Well, I couldn’t. I had my “Fear of abandonment” workshop today. | 我去不了 我要上”被抛弃恐惧症”研习班 |
[01:00] | And I’ve already been a no-show twice. | 已经两次没去了 |
[01:03] | Wait till your father gets here. | 等着你爸回来 |
[01:05] | I’ll give him such a piece of my mind. | 我会好好教育他 |
[01:13] | If only we have some way of knowing when he was about to arrive. | 除非我们有办法知道他什么时候回来 |
[01:18] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[01:21] | How you doing, boy? Yeah, I’m glad to see you, too. | 今天怎么样 小家伙 我也很高兴见到你 |
[01:24] | – So, how was your exam today? – Ugh, you know, things pretty routine. | – 今天的体检怎样 – 跟平常差不多 |
[01:29] | – EKG? – Perfect. | – EKG – 完美 |
[01:30] | – Blood pressure? – Textbook. | – 血压呢 – 很正常 |
[01:33] | Hope you took a full blood panel? | 做了血常规吗 |
[01:34] | Oh yeah, I told them to take two. They’re small. | 当然 我让他们做了两次 那个玩意儿挺小的 |
[01:38] | Oh, let’s give a look. | 让我看看 |
[01:42] | Oh, look at this! | 看看这个 |
[01:44] | A nice big Band-Aid! Nice try. | 好一个邦迪 装得挺像 |
[01:48] | Ouch, what did you do that for? | 你干嘛呢 |
[01:52] | Dr Jennings’ office called to reschedule your appointment. | Jennings医生打电话来给你重新安排日期 |
[01:55] | You never showed up today. | 你今天压根没去 |
[01:57] | Dad this is ludicrous. Why do you keep avoiding the doctor? | 这太荒谬了 你为什么要躲着这个医生 |
[01:59] | Because I feel fine. | 因为我身体很好 |
[02:00] | I’ll go to a doctors when I don’t feel fine. | 我觉得不舒服自然会去看医生 |
[02:02] | Besides, I don’t like Dr Jennings. | 而且我不喜欢Jennings医生 |
[02:04] | He’s got a model of a colon on his desk. | 他桌上放着个肠胃模型 |
[02:06] | He keeps his tongue depressors in it. | 还把压舌板放在里面 |
[02:12] | All right, Dad. Fine. If you don’t like him. | 好吧 老爸 你不喜欢他的话 |
[02:14] | Why don’t you go to see my doctor? | 那你可以找我的医生 |
[02:15] | She’s one of the finest gastroenterologist in this city. | 她是西雅图最好胃肠学家之一 |
[02:17] | She? No, no, no way. | “她” 可别 |
[02:20] | If a doctor’s gonna have me bend over, | 如果有一个医生要我弯下身子 |
[02:22] | I wanna look through my legs and see wingtips. | 我想要看到的是男士皮鞋 |
[02:27] | Now, now. We’ll have none of that. | 几个世纪以来 |
[02:29] | We women have been poked and prodded | 女性一直被男医生动手动脚 |
[02:31] | by male doctors for centuries. I say it’s high time you gents | 现在是时候轮到男士们 |
[02:35] | went to see a doctor of the opposite sex. | 被女医生检查了 |
[02:37] | See how you like waiting in that room, | 让你尝尝赤裸裸 |
[02:40] | sitting there all naked and helpless and goose-bumpy. | 无助且浑身鸡皮疙瘩地坐在那儿等待的感觉 |
[02:43] | Niles, surely you could recommend someone? | Niles 你有医生可以推荐吗 |
[02:47] | Niles Niles! | |
[02:52] | I’m sorry, my mind was somewhere else. | 不好意思 刚才走神了 |
[02:55] | Oh, I know who you should see! Dr Gary Newman! | 我知道可以找谁 Gary Newman医生 |
[02:58] | His, his office is in my building. He has a very successful practice | 他就在我那幢楼里 他的诊所很不错 |
[03:01] | I saw a Lichtenstein hanging in his office. | 我看到他办公室挂着列支敦士登的照片 |
[03:03] | Oh Lichtenstein? He sounds perfect. | 列支敦士登 他听起来不错 |
[03:06] | Alright, alright. I’ll make an appointment. I’ll go see him. | 好 我会预约 然后去看医生 |
[03:09] | Oh, now just hang on a second there, mister. | 慢着 我来预约 |
[03:11] | I will make the arrangements and I will escort you personally. | 然后亲自护送你去 |
[03:14] | – Wonderful, I can’t wait. – Oh stop grumbling. It won’t be so bad. | - 太好了 迫不及待 - 别抱怨了 不会太糟糕的 |
[03:18] | Well unless you have to parade around the office | 除非你非得要 |
[03:20] | in one of those gowns where your bum peaks through the back. | 穿着那些露屁股的袍子在诊所里游荡 |
[03:25] | So Niles, what’s Dr. Newman’s number? | Niles Newman医生的电话是多少 |
[03:28] | Niles Niles… Niles! | |
[03:31] | Sorry, I must have drifted off again. | 抱歉 我肯定又走神了 |
[03:37] | My appointment was supposed to be half an hour ago. | 我预约的是半个小时之前 |
[03:39] | How much longer are we gonna have to wait for this guy? | 我们还要等多久 |
[03:41] | Come on Frasier, let’s get out of here. | Frasier 我们走吧 |
[03:43] | Just relax. Read a magazine. Here, take the Cosmo quiz. | 放轻松 看看杂志 做做这个 |
[03:50] | “Are your nipples sensitive?” | 你的乳头敏感吗 |
[03:54] | Would you mind doing that quietly, it’s not an oral exam. | 默默做就好了 不需要用嘴 |
[03:57] | You haven’t seen the second question. | 那是因为你没看到第二个问题 |
[04:02] | Did you use to keep your patients waiting like this? | 你以前也让你的病人等这么久吗 |
[04:04] | Oh just the compulsives. It was part of their therapy. | 只有强迫症患者 算是疗程的一部分 |
[04:09] | Relax there, I’ll take care of it. | 放心 我来解决 |
[04:16] | Yes, my father Martin Crane had an appointment thirty minutes ago? | 我的父亲Martin Crane预约的时间过了30分钟了 |
[04:19] | Yes, I’m sorry, the doctor’s running a little late this morning. | 是的 很抱歉 医生迟到了 |
[04:22] | But you’ll be first up when he gets in. | 等他一来你就是第一个 |
[04:24] | Gets in? My god, where’s he coming from, Spokane? | 他到底从哪来 斯波坎市吗 |
[04:27] | Actually he has a long drive in from his weekend house | 他从Shalonne湖的周末度假小屋开车过来 |
[04:30] | at Lake Shalonne. | 路挺远的 |
[04:31] | Lake Shalonne? Ooh! This guy must be terrific. | Shalonne湖 天哪 他一定很厉害 |
[04:35] | – So? – Dad, relax, he’ll be here any minute. | – 怎么样 – 放心 他随时都会到 |
[04:42] | You know Dad, I was just struck by one of life’s little ironies. | 我突然发现生活多么的讽刺 |
[04:46] | I remember you taking me to the doctor and here I am taking you. | 我还记得你以前带着我去看医生 而现在我带着你 |
[04:49] | Yeah. I remember when I took you for your first tetanus shot, | 我记得带你去打第一个破伤风针 |
[04:53] | you were about five or six. | 你才五岁还是六岁 |
[04:54] | Oh, boy. I was scared. I remembered you holding my hand. | 我当时怕极了 还记得你抓着我的手 |
[04:57] | Yeah. You bent over that table, dropped your little drawers. | 你弯下腰 脱下裤子 |
[05:00] | When the nurse gave you the shot, you took your mind off it | 护士给你打针的时候 |
[05:02] | by reciting the names of Puccini’s operas. | 你还一边唱着普契尼的歌剧来分心 |
[05:07] | Right then, I knew you’d never be a cop. | 那个时候我就知道你永远不会成为警察 |
[05:12] | Look. I’m serious, I’m not staying any longer. let’s go! | 说真的 我不想再等了 我们走吧 |
[05:15] | All right dad, look, I’ll check if there’s someone substituting for him. | 我去看看有没有代班医生 |
[05:22] | What are you here for? | 你为什么来看医生 |
[05:23] | Oh, lately, I’ve been having this overall sluggish feeling. | 我最近全身酸疼 |
[05:28] | It’s hard even getting out of bed in the morning. | 早上都没办法起床 |
[05:31] | not to mention the cold weather. | 更别说天气冷的时候 |
[05:34] | It’s really making my joints hurt. | 我的关节疼死了 |
[05:37] | I’ve started to notice flaking spots on my skin. | 我甚至发现开始脱皮了 |
[05:44] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[05:47] | I have sensitive nipples. | 乳头太敏感 |
[05:55] | Dad, I’m afraid the doctor won’t be able to make your appointment today. | 爸 恐怕今天医生没法给你看病了 |
[05:59] | Oh that’s just great! | 真是太好了 |
[06:01] | These big-shot doctors, they keep you waiting for an hour | 这些自以为是的医生让你白白等一个小时 |
[06:04] | and then they don’t even have the decency to show up. | 竟然都不屑来露个脸 |
[06:06] | What, played a little slow on the golf course today? | 高尔夫打得有点慢吗 |
[06:09] | That arrogant inconsidering jerk! | 这个狂妄自大的混蛋 |
[06:11] | Dad, Dad, Dad. Dr Newman is dead. He died an hour ago. | 爸 爸 Newman医生死了 一个小时之前去世的 |
[06:18] | I’m sure he was a good man. | 我相信他生前是一个好人 |
[06:25] | I mean, there he was, walking down his walkway this morning, | 他今早在过道晃悠 |
[06:27] | he bends over to pick up his newspaper, | 弯腰捡报纸 |
[06:29] | and bang, he drops dead of a heart attack. | 突然 就心脏病突发死了 |
[06:31] | It’s just… God, you know? I pick up my newspaper every day, | 只是 天啊 我每天都要捡报纸 |
[06:35] | And the Sunday Times is very heavy, I’m thinking of canceling it. | <星期天时报>很重啊 我在考虑要不要退订 |
[06:39] | Well, these things happen. | 人总有一死 |
[06:41] | “These things happen?” Roz, how can you say that? | 人总有一死 |
[06:44] | My god, this was not an old man! He was my age! | 他又不老 跟我差不多大而已 |
[06:46] | What am I supposed to say? | 我还能说什么呢 |
[06:48] | I guess I just don’t think about these things like you do. | 我一般都不会去想这事 |
[06:51] | Maybe it’s because you’re 41 and I’m not. | 可能因为你已经41岁 而我还没到 |
[06:56] | Don’t you ever think about your own mortality? | 你就没想过生命是有限的吗 |
[06:58] | Don’t you ever think about dying? | 或者说想死亡的事吗 |
[06:59] | Well, not me dying. But you know what I have thought about lately? | 没想过我自己的死亡 但是你知道我最近在想啥吗 |
[07:03] | I’ve been dating this older guy and what if…You know… | 我在和一个老头约会 如果我们 |
[07:10] | We were in bed together and he dropped dead? | 上床的时候他死了怎么办 |
[07:13] | Well, it’s not out of the realm of possibility. | 这也不是完全没可能 |
[07:16] | Sometimes he starts breathing really funny. | 有时候他呼吸很奇怪 |
[07:18] | And I don’t know if he’s having a good time | 我不知道他是很享受 |
[07:19] | or if I’ve overexcited him to some dangerous level. | 还是我让他兴奋到危险边缘了 |
[07:24] | Someone certainly has a very high opinion of herself. | 某些人显然相当有自信 |
[07:28] | Everybody’s good at something. | 每个人都有点特长嘛 |
[07:30] | Roz, why is it that every time we try to have a serious discussion, | 为什么每次想和你认真谈谈的时候 |
[07:33] | we end up talking about your sex life? | 最后都会说到你的性生活 |
[07:35] | Because I have one. | 因为我有性生活 |
[07:46] | Niles, thank you so much for coming at such short notice. | Niles 真感谢这么突然叫你还能来这儿 |
[07:48] | – Hello Dad, Daphne. – Hello, Dr Crane. | – 你好 老爸 Daphne – 你好 Crane医生 |
[07:51] | Yes, I came as soon as I could. I was in the middle of my workout, | 我尽快赶来的 刚才在健身 |
[07:54] | but I can always pump iron later. | 哑铃晚点再举也行 |
[07:59] | Well, I’ll just pop into the kitchen and fix us a snack. | 我去厨房弄点吃的 |
[08:04] | “Pump iron” | 举哑铃 |
[08:06] | Niles, you don’t even pump your own gas. | 你连加油枪都举不起 |
[08:11] | All right. All right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[08:13] | Now what’s all this nonsense about getting your affairs in order? | 你说的把事情理清楚到底是怎么一回事 |
[08:16] | Well, it’s this Dr Newman dying at | Newman医生在如此年轻的时候 |
[08:17] | such a young age really threw me for a loop. | 就猝死让我陷入了深思 |
[08:19] | I was trying to figure out why and I finally realised | 想了好久才意识到 |
[08:22] | that I hadn’t made the proper provisions for my own death. | 我还没为我的死亡做准备 |
[08:25] | Here we go. | 来吧 |
[08:29] | – Oh, here, allow me. – Thanks. | – 让我来 – 谢谢 |
[08:32] | First, the pertinent information. I’ve prepared copies for each of you, | 首先 这是一些资料 我给每人拷贝了一份 |
[08:36] | the location and numbers | 我银行的地址和号码 |
[08:38] | of my bank accounts, my safety deposit keys, | 保险箱的钥匙 |
[08:42] | the number for my attorney… Niles, what are you doing? | 我的律师电话号码 Niles 你在干嘛 |
[08:46] | Oh, give me that! | 让我来吧 |
[08:50] | I loosened it for him. | 我帮他拧松了 |
[08:52] | Now, the distribution of my personal possessions. | 然后是我个人财产的分配 |
[08:57] | Oh, I really think this is a matter for family only. | 我想这只是家庭成员的事 |
[08:59] | No, Daphne please, I’d like you to stay. I’ll come to you later. | 不 我希望你留着 之后会说到你 |
[09:02] | Dad, Niles, I’d like you to put your names on these stickers | 老爸 Niles 我要你们把你们的名字写在贴纸上 |
[09:07] | and place them on any of the objects that | 然后贴到任何你 |
[09:09] | you would like bequeathed to you. | 被赠予的物品上 |
[09:12] | This is crazy. I’m not gonna start putting my name on your stuff! | 这太傻了 我才不会把名字贴到你的东西上 |
[09:16] | Dad, what happens if I die tomorrow, | 如果我明天就死了 |
[09:17] | you and Niles end up in an argument over that… | 你跟Niles会争着抢 |
[09:19] | well, that African mask, for instance? | 比如那个非洲面具的吧 |
[09:21] | It’ll never happen. Niles, you can have it. | 绝对不会 Niles那个面具是你的了 |
[09:25] | I don’t want it. | 我不想要 |
[09:28] | Don’t look at me. I throw a towel over that thing when you’re not home. | 别看我 你不在的时候我总是用毛巾挡住它 |
[09:36] | OK, fine. | 好吧 |
[09:38] | Well, now we come to the issue of… my remains. | 现在讨论关于 我的遗体的事 |
[09:43] | Oh, jeez! | 天哪 |
[09:44] | I’ve arranged every detail in this easy-to-read binder. | 我把所有细节都写在这个一清二楚的文件夹里 |
[09:47] | Oh, this is taking it too far, would you look at this? | 也太详细了 看这个 |
[09:51] | Burial… Casket… Caterers? | 殡葬 棺材 餐饮外包 |
[09:56] | – Who are you using? – Michaelson’s. | -哪家的餐饮 - Michaelson家 |
[09:57] | They’re very good. Excellent. Excellent… | 这家很不错 好选择 |
[09:59] | – Bowtie pasta… – And the asparagus tips… | - 领结 面食 - 还有芦笋 |
[10:03] | Excuse me! Excuse me! Are we about done? | 打扰一下 说完了吗 |
[10:08] | Well, there is just one more duck to put in the row. | 还差最后一步 |
[10:13] | I’ve done some research and I’ve discovered that | 我研究了一下 |
[10:15] | most unexpected deaths occur in the home. | 发现最意外的死亡都发生在家里 |
[10:18] | And Daphne, this is where you come in, | 现在说到Daphne了 |
[10:20] | the actual finding of the body. | 发现尸体的部分 |
[10:24] | Oh, save the best part for me, eh? | 把最好的留给我吗 |
[10:28] | Well that’s all right. I’m a health care provider, | 没关系 我是个护理人员 |
[10:31] | I’ve had my fair share of patients die on me. | 有好几个病人死在我手上 |
[10:34] | That’s a comfort. | 这也太瘆人了 |
[10:37] | Well, perhaps dad’s right. Maybe we should just drop the subject. | 老爸说得对 我们该换个话题了 |
[10:39] | Well, thank you. This meeting has actually made me feel better. | 感谢大家 这次会议让我感觉好多了 |
[10:42] | I think I can handle my mortality a bit better now. | 我现在应该能更好的面对死亡 |
[10:45] | Well, enough talk about death! | 关于死亡说得够多了 |
[10:47] | Let’s celebrate life with a bottle of Chateau Certair ’75! | 让我们用75年老色丹庄园红酒庆祝一下生命 |
[10:52] | No, not the ’75. I can’t let you do that. | 不能喝那瓶 |
[10:54] | That’s far too good for the likes of us. | 对我们这几个人来说那瓶酒太高级了 |
[10:56] | Well, perhaps Beaujolais Nouveau would be more appropriate. | 也许博若莱新酒更加合适 |
[11:18] | Eddie Eddie? | |
[11:21] | Oh, there you are. Come on, boy. | 原来你在这呀 快过来 |
[11:26] | Frasier, what are you still doing up? | Frasier 你怎么还没睡 |
[11:30] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[11:31] | Dad, please, shh. I’m trying to listen to my heartbeat. | 嘘 我正在聆听我的心跳 |
[11:38] | Amazing thing, the human heart. You know, it can pump | 人类心脏也太神奇了 |
[11:40] | 1,800 gallons of blood through it each and every day | 每天有一千八百加仑的血液流过 |
[11:43] | but the tiniest tear in the tiniest part of the tiniest artery and “poof,” | 只要在最细微的血管出了一个最细微的问题 |
[11:48] | you’re gone. | 你就死了 |
[11:49] | I thought you were all okay about this stuff now. | 我还以为你已经不想这事了 |
[11:51] | So did I. What is the matter with me? | 我也是这么以为的 我到底怎么了 |
[11:55] | I guess I thought that putting my affairs in order | 我还以为把事情交代好 |
[11:57] | would help me to deal with this thing, but it hasn’t. I… | 我就可以把这事抛在脑后 但没有 |
[12:01] | I can’t seem to get over | 我还是没法不去想 |
[12:02] | the feeling that no matter how remote possibility, | 不管几率有多小 |
[12:04] | something could happen to me. | 总会有些什么意外发生在我身上 |
[12:08] | Jeez, I’d miss so much. | 天哪 我会错过那么多东西 |
[12:11] | I’d never get to see my son hit his first home run. | 我永远不会看到我儿子的第一次本垒打 |
[12:15] | That’d be a terrible thing for a father to miss. | 作为父亲这将会是多大的遗憾啊 |
[12:18] | Tell me about it. | 你说呢 |
[12:24] | Look, son, let me tell you something. | 跟你说个故事吧 |
[12:26] | There was this time, a while back, | 曾经有段时间 |
[12:29] | seven or eight of us were on this drug bust. | 我们七八个警察正在执行毒品搜查 |
[12:33] | We get the order to go through the front | 我们接到命令要从前门突破 |
[12:34] | door and the first guy took one. He was dead before he hit the ground. | 冲在前头的那个中了一枪 没倒下的时候就死了 |
[12:39] | When you’re a cop, you’ve got be able to handle things like that, | 作为一个警察不得不面对死亡这件事 |
[12:42] | but I… I just couldn’t get over it. | 但是我就是没办法克服 |
[12:45] | Every time I had to go in a blind alley, or in a dark building, | 每次不得不进去死胡同或者空荡荡的大楼 |
[12:48] | I just froze. | 我就会僵住 |
[12:50] | And I knew if I kept being afraid to die, I’d never be able to do my job. | 我明白如果一直害怕死亡 我永远没法完成任务 |
[12:54] | – So what did you do? – I just forced myself to forget about it. | - 最后你怎么做的 - 我逼自己忘记 |
[12:57] | – Just like that? – Just like that. | – 就这样 – 就这样 |
[12:59] | Next time I came to one of those doors, I went right through it! | 之后再遇到类似的情况 我不再犹豫 |
[13:04] | The fact that I got shot in the hip was purely coincidental. | 当然那次屁股中枪纯属意外 |
[13:10] | You were this close to helping me there, Dad. | 你差这么点就帮到我了 老爸 |
[13:14] | Look, Frasier. | 听着 Frasier |
[13:15] | Just because some doctor dies doesn’t mean you are gonna die. | 一个医生猝死并不意味着你也会死 |
[13:18] | Yeah, but he was just like me, | 是 但是他和我太像了 |
[13:20] | highly educated, sophisticated, at the top of his profession. | 受过高等教育 见多识广 行业翘首 |
[13:24] | I saw a picture of him in a medical journal. He even looked like me. | 我看过他在医学杂志的照片 他甚至长得跟我很像 |
[13:27] | Same determined chin, sweater vest, | 坚定的下巴 毛背心 |
[13:28] | and ever-so-slightly receding hairline. | 还有略微后退的发际线 |
[13:32] | What you know about this guy. You don’t know his medical history. | 你了解这个人吗 你甚至都不知道他的病史 |
[13:36] | Jeez actually, you’re onto something there, Dad. Yeah… | 你确实说到点子上了 |
[13:39] | Yeah. For all I know he could have had high blood pressure, | 他可能有高血压 |
[13:42] | popped pills, drank like a fish. | 嗑药 酗酒 |
[13:44] | There you go, it could have been any of those things. | 可能就是这些原因呢 |
[13:47] | Well I’m… I’m gonna find out what caused his heart attack. | 我要找出他心脏病突发的原因 |
[13:49] | That’s the only way I can disassociate myself from him. | 才能让我跟他彻底区分开来 |
[13:52] | There’s got to be some reasonable explanation. | 一定会有个合理的解释 |
[13:56] | That’s great, Dad. Actually I do feel better now. Thanks. | 太好了老爸 我确实觉得好多了 谢谢你 |
[13:58] | Frasier, you’ve got something on your bathrobe. | Frasier 你的浴袍上有东西 |
[14:05] | “Niles” “Niles”. | |
[14:14] | The vultures are circling. | 秃鹫正在盘旋 |
[14:17] | Come on, Eddie. | 来吧 Eddie |
[14:30] | Hello? Hello! | 有人吗 有人吗 |
[14:34] | I called earlier. Someone said Mrs Newman would be here. | 我之前打过电话 有人说Newman太太在这里 |
[14:38] | Of course, please, come in. I’m Allen Freedman. Gary was my cousin. | 当然 请进 我是Allen Freeman Gary的表弟 |
[14:42] | Dr. Frasier Crane. My sincerest condolences. | Frasier医生 致以深沉的悼念 |
[14:45] | So, I didn’t think Mrs. Newman would have company. | 我没想到会有这么多人 |
[14:48] | – Oh, the family are sitting Shiva. – Excuse me? | – 这是七日丧期 – 什么 |
[14:51] | You’re not Jewish, are you? It’s our version of a wake. | 你不是犹太人吧 这是我们悼念亡灵的方式 |
[14:55] | Oh, oh, yes. Oh, of course, of course. | 喔 原来这样 |
[14:57] | – I didn’t realize that Gary was Jewish, you see. – You’re kidding? | – 我不知道Gary是犹太人 – 你逗我吧 |
[15:01] | Uh, well no. Ah, well, you know, we were pretty close friends, | 没呢 我们是很好的朋友 |
[15:04] | spent a lot of time together. | 经常聚在一起 |
[15:04] | well, never on Friday nights, of course, | 但是从不在周五晚上 |
[15:06] | but ah, you know, maybe, maybe I should come back another time. | 我改天再来吧 |
[15:11] | No, no, please. I’m sure Jill would love to know you came. | Jill一定会很高兴你能来 |
[15:14] | She’s right over there. | 她就在那 |
[15:15] | – Oh, she looks busy. I can wait. – Of course, will you excuse me? | – 她看起来很忙 我可以等会儿 – 当然 失陪了 |
[15:35] | May I help you? | 您有啥需要吗 |
[15:36] | Ah. I didn’t realize this was a mirror, | 我不知道这是一面镜子 |
[15:40] | I thought that maybe you were having an unveiling later. | 我还以为是你们待会要揭开的 |
[15:44] | You’re not Jewish, are you? | 你不是犹太人吧 |
[15:48] | No, no, my ex-wife is, though, | 不 不过我的前妻是 |
[15:51] | And, ah, so and thus my son is. Which makes me, ah, sort of… | 所以我的儿子也是 而我则是 |
[15:54] | well I guess you could say… No, I’m not Jewish. | 我想我不是犹太人 |
[15:59] | We always cover mirrors at a Shivah, | 在七日丧期我们会把镜子遮起来 |
[16:02] | so those grieving don’t | 所以这些追悼的人 |
[16:03] | have to be concerned with their appearances. | 不用担心他们的外表 |
[16:06] | Well, you look very nice. | 你看起来很美 |
[16:09] | Oh, thank you. It’s been driving me crazy. | 谢谢 这事弄得我头昏脑涨的 |
[16:14] | I’m Bobbie, Gary’s aunt. | 我是Bobbie Gary的姨妈 |
[16:17] | Dr Frasier Crane. My deepest sympathies. | Frasier Crane医生 致以深沉的悼念 |
[16:20] | – You’re the doctor with the radio show, aren’t you? – Yes, yes. | – 是那个电台节目的医生吗 – 是的 |
[16:23] | – Did you know Gary well? – Well, yes. Yes, yes I did. Well I, | – 你跟Gary熟吗 – 当然了 |
[16:26] | There was so much more I wanted to know about the man. | 但是我还想更深入了解他 |
[16:29] | You see, well, I…I don’t know… Eh… How was his health before he died? | 我不知道的他 生前健康状况如何 |
[16:34] | Excellent, he was never sick. | 相当健康 他从不生病 |
[16:36] | – History of heart disease? – No, no. | – 心脏病史 – 没有 |
[16:38] | – High blood pressure? – No. | – 高血压 – 没有 |
[16:39] | – High cholesterol? – No. | – 胆固醇过高 – 没有 |
[16:40] | Do you know what his HDL was in comparison to his LDL? | 你知道他的高密度胆固醇和低密度胆固醇比吗 |
[16:42] | No. | 不知道 |
[16:43] | I’m sorry, I’m asking too many questions. | 对不起 我问的太多了 |
[16:46] | You know how doctors are, | 医生嘛 |
[16:47] | always looking for the answers to the mystries of life. | 总是想要解答生命的奥秘 |
[16:50] | – Oh, Gail! – Aunt Bobbie! | – 噢 Gail – Bobbie姨妈 |
[16:53] | I know, I know. | 我懂 我懂 |
[16:56] | Gail, I’d like you to meet a friend of Gary’s, | Gail 我想要你见一见Gary的朋友 |
[17:00] | Dr Frasier Crane. | Frasier Crane医生 |
[17:02] | Dr Crane? From the radio? | 电台的那个Crane医生 |
[17:05] | Yes. I’m sorry for your loss. | 是的 请节哀 |
[17:08] | I love your show! | 我很喜欢你的节目 |
[17:10] | Oh, I’m sorry about this. It’s just, ah, when I went to | 抱歉 当我去拿果酱蛋糕的时候 |
[17:14] | pick up this linseed tort I thought of Gary and… | 我就想起Gary |
[17:17] | Oh? So Gary had a fondness for fattening desserts, did he? | 所以Gary很喜欢这些令人发胖的甜点 |
[17:20] | Oh. You didn’t know Gary very well, did you? | 不 你不了解Gary吧 |
[17:23] | If he knew I brought this here, he’d kill me. | 要是他知道我拿了这个过来 会杀了我的 |
[17:26] | Yeah, Gary was a total health fanatic, a strict vegetarian. | Gary是特别注重健康 严格的素食主义者 |
[17:30] | I used to play basketball with him every Sunday. | 我过去每周日都会和他打篮球 |
[17:32] | Oh, oh. So he was sedentary all week, | 所以他一整个星期都懒洋洋的 |
[17:34] | then he was burning up the court on Sundays. | 突然周日在球场大量运动 |
[17:36] | Well, I mean, that can be very straining on the heart, you know… | 这对心脏会造成很大压力的 |
[17:37] | No, he played at least four times a week | 不 他每周至少打四次篮球 |
[17:40] | that is when he wasn’t at the gym working out. | 如果他不去健身房锻炼的话 |
[17:42] | Gary was in phenomenal shape. | Gary身材保持得很好 |
[17:46] | He didn’t smoke, never touched caffeine. | 他不抽烟 不摄入任何咖啡因 |
[17:48] | Did you know he had less than 10 percent body fat on him? | 你们知道他身体脂肪含量低于百分之十吗 |
[17:51] | My goodness, has anybody checked to see if he’s really dead? | 天哪 应该去看看他是不是真的死了 |
[18:01] | I’m… I’m sure they did check. Those people are very thorough. | 我肯定他们检查过了 这些人很细心 |
[18:07] | Oh, my, is that Kugel? Excuse me. | 那是Kugel吗 借过 |
[18:21] | Mrs Newman. I’m Dr Frasier Crane. | Newman太太 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[18:25] | I was a friend of your husband’s. | 是您丈夫的朋友 |
[18:27] | – Dr Crane! From… – Yes, the radio. | – Crane医生 – 是 电台那个 |
[18:31] | – Gary never mentioned you. – Well, we weren’t actually friends. | – Gary从没提起过你 – 事实上 我们不是朋友 |
[18:36] | He had an office in my brother’s building. | 他的办公室和我弟弟的在同一栋楼 |
[18:38] | And you took the time to come down here! | 你还特地过来一趟 |
[18:41] | His own partner didn’t even stay 15 minutes. | 他的合伙人都没待满15分钟 |
[18:43] | That’s really sweet of you. | 你真是太好了 |
[18:45] | Well, actually I… there is a reason I came to talk to you. | 我过来是有原因的 |
[18:49] | – Which is? – It’s about Gary. | – 什么原因 – 关于Gary |
[18:53] | – About how he… – Yes? | – 关于他如何 – 什么 |
[18:59] | Look, I’m sorry that I’ve bothered you. | 很抱歉打扰到你 |
[19:01] | Ah, I really just came to offer my sympathies. | 我只是过来表示一下遗憾之心 |
[19:03] | No, wait, um… | 不 等等 |
[19:07] | Dr Crane… | Crane医生 |
[19:09] | I listen to you all the time and… | 我经常听你的节目 |
[19:12] | Well, maybe you could help me. | 也许你能帮我 |
[19:18] | What would you tell someone who called in the show | 如果节目有人打电话说没法对亲人死亡这件事释怀 |
[19:20] | and said they can’t get over why someone died? | 你会怎么开解他们 |
[19:25] | I keep running this over and over in my mind | 我不停的想这件事 |
[19:28] | and I just can’t understand how someone like Gary, | 但我就是没法相信 |
[19:32] | who did everything right, can just die. | 像Gary这样认真生活的人 怎么就死了 |
[19:37] | I can’t make any sense of it. | 完全没有理由 |
[19:43] | Mrs Newman… | Newman太太 |
[19:44] | I… I know you’d like me to come up with some | 我知道你想 |
[19:48] | grand answer to this whole thing, | 让我给你一个答案 |
[19:50] | but I don’t have one. | 但我也不知道 |
[19:53] | Someone who consumes nothing but cigarettes | 有些人光是抽烟 |
[19:55] | and cheeseburgers all his life can live to be 83, | 和吃汉堡能活到83 |
[19:58] | and then someone who takes care of himself can die at 41. | 而一些生活习惯良好却41岁就去世了 |
[20:04] | It’s unfair. Believe me, there’s no explanation for it. | 的确不公平 但是没有任何解释 |
[20:08] | Believe me, I’ve checked. | 相信我 我确认过了 |
[20:11] | But I suppose the best we can do is… | 我想我们能做的是 |
[20:17] | is live for the little joys and surprises that life affords us. | 就是享受生活能给予我们的各种细微的快乐和惊喜 |
[20:23] | You can’t spend your life being obsessed with death. | 你不能一辈子纠结死亡这回事 |
[20:27] | You’re not Jewish, are you? | 你不是犹太人吧 |
[20:34] | No, no, I’m not, but… | 不 我不是 |
[20:37] | Well, thank you for letting me be here today. | 能来这我很高兴 |
[20:40] | Thank you for coming, Dr Crane. | 也很高兴你能来 Crane医生 |
[20:48] | Oh, Dr Crane! | Crane医生 |
[20:50] | It was very nice what you said | 你说的真好 |
[20:53] | about living life for the | 关于享受生活给予的 |
[20:54] | little joys and surprises it can give us. | 各种细微的快乐和惊喜 |
[20:58] | – Yes. – Thank you. | – 是的 – 谢谢 |
[21:01] | – If only I believed it myself. – Excuse me. | – 如果我也信这句话就好了 – 打扰一下 |
[21:05] | Um, this is clearly the most inappropriate thing | 虽然现在的时机不太恰当 |
[21:10] | I’ve ever done in my life, | 我从没这么做过 |
[21:11] | but I was watching you | 但是我刚刚看着你 |
[21:14] | and I don’t know if I’ll ever get the chance to see you again… | 不知道还有没有机会再见到你 |
[21:18] | and something about you tells me I’d like to. | 但是我很想有这样的机会 |
[21:25] | If you’d like to get together sometime, give me a call. | 如果你愿意 给我个电话 |