时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | And though washing one’s hands | 虽说每天洗20至30遍手 |
[00:09] | 20 to 30 times a day would be considered as obsessive-compulsive, | 会被视为强迫症 |
[00:13] | please bear in mind that your husband is a coroner. | 但请谨记 你的丈夫是验尸官 |
[00:21] | Thank you for your call, Jeanne. Roz, whom do we have next? | Jeanne 谢谢你的来电 Roz 下一位是 |
[00:25] | We have Ethan on line three and he is having a little problem at school. | Ethan在三号线 他在学校有点小麻烦 |
[00:29] | – Hello, Ethan. I’m listening. – ‘Hi, Dr Crane.’ | – Ethan 您请讲 – Crane医生 你好 |
[00:33] | – How old are you? – I’m 13. | – 你多大了 – 13岁 |
[00:36] | What can I do for you? | 有什么疑惑吗 |
[00:38] | Well, I’m having a lot of problems with the other kids in school. | 我有很多关于学校其他小孩的烦恼 |
[00:40] | They’re always beating me up. | 他们总是揍我 |
[00:42] | Why do you think that’s so? | 你觉得为什么会这样呢 |
[00:45] | Probably because I’m smart. I have a 160 IQ. | 可能是因为我太聪明了吧 我IQ160 |
[00:48] | I’m in the astronomy club and I hate sports. | 是天文社的一员 而且特别讨厌运动 |
[00:51] | Well, Ethan, you know, the other children are | Ethan 你要知道 他们这样 |
[00:53] | just acting out of jealousy and immaturity. | 纯粹是因为他们嫉妒你 他们很不成熟 |
[00:56] | I know it doesn’t help much right now | 现在这么说可能也帮不上什么 |
[00:58] | but the day will come in the next few years | 但是过几年 你会发现 |
[01:00] | when you will have the last laugh. | 你才是笑到最后的那个人 |
[01:04] | That’s it?’ | 就这样吗 |
[01:08] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[01:09] | Frankly, Dr Crane, I find that advice patronising, | 说实话 Crane医生 你自以为高人一等 |
[01:13] | simplistic and in all candor, uninspired. | 把问题过度简单化 毫无创见 |
[01:15] | The real surprise here is | 唯一让我感到惊讶的就是 |
[01:17] | they pay you to dole out this balloon juice. | 你在这儿瞎扯 他们居然还给你发工资 |
[01:22] | – Ethan, where are you calling from? – Home. | – Ethan 你从哪打过来的 – 家里 |
[01:26] | Well, if any of Ethan’s classmates are listening… | 如果Ethan的同学正在收听 |
[01:30] | you know where he is, and he can’t stay in there forever. | 现在你知道他在哪了 他不可能永远都躲在家里的 |
[01:37] | Thank you for your call. | 感谢你的来电 |
[01:40] | Well, that’s about it for today. | 今天的节目到此结束了 |
[01:41] | This is Frasier Crane KACL talk radio, 780AM. | 您正在收听KACL 780AM 我是Frasier Crane |
[01:49] | Well, Roz, I thought that was a pretty good show, didn’t you? | Roz 今天节目不错吧 |
[01:51] | Yeah, sure, whatever you say. | 你说好就好 |
[01:53] | See you a bit distracted there, Roz. | 你有点心不在焉啊 |
[01:55] | – You got another one of your hot dates? – If you must know, yes. | – 又有约会吗 – 是的 |
[01:58] | Pick you up outside in five minutes? | 五分钟之后在外面接你 |
[02:01] | Great. Thanks, Noel. | 好的 谢谢你 Noel |
[02:08] | Noel? Noel Shemsky from Sales? | Noel 销售部的Noel Shemsky吗 |
[02:11] | That’s who your date’s with? | 你要和他约会 |
[02:13] | Well it’s not a date. We’re just going out for a drink, OK? | 不是约会 我们就是出去喝点东西 |
[02:15] | Noel, the Mole? | 鼹鼠Noel吗 |
[02:18] | I know he’s not great-looking, | 我知道他长的不帅 |
[02:20] | I know he drives a ’73 Dodge Polaris, | 我知道他还开着73年版的道奇Polara |
[02:23] | but he’s always struck me as a really interesting guy. | 但我就是觉得他很有趣 |
[02:28] | Look. the world is loaded with superficial guys. | 满大街都是肤浅的男人 |
[02:31] | You know, I just wanna try going out with someone who has a good heart. | 我就想找个善良的男人 |
[02:33] | He’s smart, he’s substantial, | 他很聪明 有内涵 |
[02:36] | and you know, considering my track record lately, | 而且考虑到我最近的业绩 |
[02:37] | I would hope you’d support me. Is that asking too much? | 我希望你能支持我 这样都不行吗 |
[02:41] | Does Noel still have that | Noel的小隔间里还有 |
[02:42] | autographed picture of Captain Kirk in his cubicle? | Kirk船长的那张签名照吗 |
[02:47] | Why do I tell you anything? | 我是何苦要跟你说话呢 |
[02:54] | Knock, knock! Can I be of any assistance? | 咳咳 要我帮忙不 |
[02:56] | Oh, no thank you, Dr Crane. I think I have everything under control. | 不需要了 Crane医生 我自己能搞定 |
[03:00] | Mind if I linger then? I’ve always been sort of a kitchen person. | 那我能在这呆着吗 我挺喜欢厨房的 |
[03:05] | Suit yourself. I like the company. | 随便你 有人陪着挺好的 |
[03:08] | So how is Dad’s therapy going? | 老爸的治疗咋样了 |
[03:12] | Well, I guess we’re getting more mobility in his hip, | 他臀部更灵活了 |
[03:14] | and his flexibility’s improving, | 柔韧性也有所改善 |
[03:16] | but it’s always a chore to get him to do his exercises. | 但是每次让他运动真是不容易 |
[03:20] | Of course, I’ve found the secret is if I bribe him with sweets… | 不过我发现 如果我贿赂他点糖果 |
[03:23] | Oh, my goodness! | 我的天呐 |
[03:27] | Oh, Dr Crane! | Crane医生 |
[03:32] | Dr Crane, can you get up? | Crane医生 你能起来吗 |
[03:35] | No, I’d better stay here for a few minutes. | 起不来 我还是多躺会儿吧 |
[03:38] | Niles, what are you doing? | Niles 你这是干什么 |
[03:40] | – I’m afraid he conked his head on the hood there. – You are shameless! | – 他的头撞到防护罩上了 – 你真是不要脸 |
[03:45] | Frasier, I have a very sore head and a crackerjack lawyer, so don’t crowd me. | Frasier 我现在头很痛 还有个好律师 别惹我 |
[03:50] | Here, put this on it. | 把这个敷上 |
[03:52] | Oh, thank you, Daphne. You’ve been wonderful in this time of crisis. | 谢谢你Daphne 患难见真情啊 |
[03:55] | Oh, come on, Camille. I need to talk to you. Here, have a seat, right here. | 得了吧茶花女 我要和你说点事儿 过来 坐这儿 |
[03:59] | Now listen Niles. I’m having a young lady over on Friday night. | 周五晚上我要带个女士回来 |
[04:02] | I was hoping maybe you could take Dad out for me? | 你能不能帮我个忙 到时候带着老爸出去遛遛 |
[04:04] | I wish you’d said Saturday. | 如果是周六就好了 |
[04:06] | – Why? You have plans Friday? – No, I have plans Saturday. | – 你周五没空吗 – 我周六没空 |
[04:09] | Niles, just tell me that you’ll do this for me. | Niles 帮帮我吧 |
[04:11] | – Oh, all right. – Thank you. | – 好吧 – 谢谢了 |
[04:13] | So, does this mean you’re hoping to get lucky Friday night? | 所以你想着周五晚上能有”好运”吗 |
[04:16] | Oh, Niles, please, nobody refers to having sex as “Getting lucky” any more. | 拜托 现在谁还管嘿咻叫”好运”啊 |
[04:20] | I do. | 我啊 |
[04:24] | – Hello, boys. – Hi, Dad. | – 孩儿们 – 老爸 |
[04:28] | Dad, I was wondering if you’de be intersted in | 爸 周五晚上要不要 |
[04:31] | joining Maris and me Friday night? | 和我还有Maris一起出去 |
[04:33] | We’re dying to try the new rib joint that’s opened on Bellevue Way. | 我们一直都想尝尝在Bellevue大道上新开的肉排店 |
[04:36] | I understand that if the onion rings aren’t | 我知道那里的洋葱圈 |
[04:39] | as big as your head, you get them for free. | 没有你的脑袋那么大 就是免费的 |
[04:45] | Well thanks, Niles, but I thought I’d just spend a quiet evening at home. | Niles 谢谢你 不过我想在安安静静在家里呆着 |
[04:48] | Oh, well then…Better yet. Why don’t you come to our house? | 这样的话 你来我们家嘛 |
[04:51] | We’ll make dinner and we’ll even rent an Angie Dickinson film. | 我们来做晚饭 再租个Angie Dickinson的电影看 |
[04:56] | Alright, what’s going on? | 好了 到底怎么了 |
[04:57] | Frasier wants me out of here because he’s got a date or something? | Frasier有约会所以不想让我在家呆着吗 |
[05:01] | I’m sorry, Frasier, he sees things that others don’t. | Frasier真抱歉 他洞察力太强了 |
[05:05] | Well, I’m sorry, Dad. I suppose I should have asked you myself. | 不好意思老爸 我应该亲自和你说的 |
[05:08] | Oh, that’s all right. I’ll clear out, but just remember, | 没事儿 我会消失的 不过你记着 |
[05:12] | one hand washes the other around here. | 来而不往非礼也 |
[05:14] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[05:16] | Well, as long as I’m clearing out for you Friday night, | 周五晚上我不碍你事儿 |
[05:18] | you can clear out for me Thursday night. | 周四晚上你也不能碍我事儿 |
[05:19] | I got a date with Elaine Morris in 1412. | 我和1412户的Elaine Morris也有约会 |
[05:22] | Oh, well well! How long has this been going on? | 哇 这事有多久了 |
[05:25] | She’s had me over for coffee a couple of times. | 她叫我过去喝过好几次咖啡 |
[05:28] | So I just thought I’d like to have her over here for dinner. | 我就想着我叫她过来吃个晚饭 |
[05:31] | Niles, wipe that stupid smirk off your face. | Niles 别傻笑了 |
[05:35] | What do you say, Frasier? | Frasier 你觉得这样如何 |
[05:37] | Well, sure Dad. I think that’s terrific. | 当然可以 好极了 |
[05:39] | Oh, listen, if there’s a lull in the conversation, | 如果你们没有话题可聊 |
[05:41] | we’ve got all kinds of board games back here in the closet, | 柜子里有很多种桌游 |
[05:44] | we’ve got playing cards. | 还有纸牌 |
[05:45] | Does she like to play Canasta? | 她爱玩卡纳斯塔纸牌吗 |
[05:46] | Oh! And PBS is running a wonderful documentary | 还有PBS在放一个关于 |
[05:48] | on the swing bands of the ’30s and ’40s. | 30年代和40年代的摇摆乐队的纪录片 |
[05:51] | Well, thanks a lot for all your help, boys. | 谢谢你们了 |
[05:53] | But I think we’ll just split a bowl of creamed corn, | 我觉得我们就会一起吃碗奶油玉米 |
[05:56] | rub a little liniment into each other’s joints… | 互相给关节擦擦镇痛油 |
[05:58] | and fall asleep drooling on the couch. | 然后就在沙发上流着口水睡着了 |
[06:05] | Morning, Daphne. | 早上好 Daphne |
[06:06] | Good morning, Dr Crane. | 早上好 Crane医生 |
[06:08] | I want to thank you again for the show last night. | 昨晚看的演出我还得再和你说声谢谢 |
[06:10] | I’ve never been to experimental theatre before. | 我以前从没去过实验剧场 |
[06:13] | Don’t mention it. It was my pleasure. | 不客气 |
[06:15] | Well, I think I understood most of it. | 我觉得我大部分还是看懂了 |
[06:17] | Only what did it mean when the | 不过有一点不懂 |
[06:19] | naked man came in carrying the suitcase? | 那个裸男拿着行李箱出来是什么意思 |
[06:22] | Well, I think it meant that he packed too much. | 我觉得可能意思是他行李装太多了吧 |
[06:28] | Well, I’m sure your father appreciatd having us out of the house. | 你爸肯定很感激我们俩出门去了不给他碍事 |
[06:33] | What is that heavenly aroma? | 什么东西这么香 |
[06:35] | I decided to prepare us a traditional English breakfast. | 我决定做一顿传统英国早餐 |
[06:38] | We have eggs and bangers, or you call them, sausages, and to finish it off, | 这儿有鸡蛋有香肠 最后 |
[06:43] | a batch of Grammy Moon’s famous sticky buns. | 再来点Moon奶奶的拿手小面包 |
[06:47] | Oh, my, that’s it! | 就是这个味道 |
[06:48] | Grammy made these every Sunday. | 奶奶以前每个星期天都会做的 |
[06:50] | Course, she added a pint of rum to the recipe. | 当然了她每次都要加一品脱的莱姆酒到里头 |
[06:52] | and nobody liked these more than Grammy herself. | 没人比她更爱这个味道了 |
[06:56] | Many’s the Sunday I’d head over to her house after church, | 星期天我经常先去教堂 然后就去她家 |
[06:59] | only to find her out in the garden in a wedding dress, | 结果发现她在花园里 穿着婚纱 |
[07:01] | face down in the birdbath. | 脸栽到鸟池里了 |
[07:04] | – Morning! – Morning, Dad. | – 早上好 – 老爸早上好 |
[07:07] | So…how was your date last night? | 你昨晚约会怎么样啊 |
[07:10] | It feels strange, a son | 感觉挺奇妙的 |
[07:12] | asking his father how his date was last night… | 儿子问爸爸昨晚约会怎么样 |
[07:16] | …when he could ask the date herself. | 明明可以直接问他的约会对象 |
[07:21] | Elaine, this is Daphne Moon, | Elaine 这是Daphne Moon |
[07:22] | and my son Frasier Crane. This is Elaine Morris. | 这是我儿子Frasier Crane 这是Elaine Morris |
[07:24] | – Yes, hello. -So, It’s a pleasure to meet you, Elaine. | – 你好 – 很高兴见到你 |
[07:30] | You know, I know that Dad’s wanted to have you for a long time. | 我知道我爸一直都想要你 |
[07:37] | I mean for dinner. | 我是说想要你过来一起吃餐饭 |
[07:38] | Yes, Well, I certainly enjoyed it. | 昨晚很愉快 |
[07:41] | But you know, Martin, I really should be going. | 不过我真的该走了 |
[07:43] | Oh, no, no, you should at least stay for breakfast, shouldn’t she, Fras? | 别啊 至少留下来吃个早餐嘛 是吧 Fras |
[07:46] | Well, I guess I could stay for coffee. | 那我就喝杯咖啡吧 |
[07:49] | Splendid, splendid, splendid. | 太好了 太好了 太好了 |
[07:54] | What did you two kids do last night? | 你们两个小孩昨晚干嘛啦 |
[07:57] | Did you ah, play some games? Well, I mean, board games. | 玩游戏了吗 我是说桌游 |
[08:01] | Not that you were bored…or excited. Well… | 我不是说你们昨晚很无聊 也不是说很刺激 |
[08:04] | Not that I’d know anything or should, | 我不是说我知道些什么 |
[08:05] | but… Warm buns, Elaine. | 也没想打听啊 Elaine 热乎乎的面包(咪咪) |
[08:08] | No, no, not yours. I mean, ours, ours! To eat, you see. | 不是 不是说你的 我是说我们的 吃的面包 |
[08:11] | Here, I’ll have one. Mmm… Warm. | 这儿呢 我吃一个 热乎乎的 |
[08:16] | – Why don’t we go sit at the table. – OK. | – 去餐桌那坐着吧 – 好的 |
[08:19] | – What the hell is wrong with you? – I don’t know! | – 你丫哪根筋不对啊 – 我不知道啊 |
[08:24] | Well, Frasier, you know, I really love your radio show. | Frasier 我真的很喜欢你的广播节目 |
[08:28] | My friends and I listen to it almost every day. | 我跟我朋友天天都听呢 |
[08:31] | Thank you. That’s always lovely to hear. | 谢谢 好话总是爱听 |
[08:40] | Elaine’s a buyer at Bon Marche. | Elaine是Bon Marche的采购员呢 |
[08:42] | Oh really, really? I do-do a great deal of shopping there. | 是吗 我经常在那边买东西 |
[08:45] | As a matter of fact, I bought the comforter on Dad’s bed there. | 我爸床上那床罩就是在那买的呢 |
[08:48] | Well, I suppose you noticed that. Well… | 你应该看到了吧 呃 |
[08:52] | Maybe you didn’t, I mean, I don’t know if you had the lights on or… | 也许你没看到 我也不知道你们昨晚有没有开灯 |
[08:55] | I mean, I don’t know how you like it. | 我也不知道你喜不喜欢 |
[08:58] | I mean, well, how you… | 我是说 呃 就是 |
[09:00] | light it. Well, how you like to light it. | 开灯 你喜欢怎么开灯 |
[09:04] | Oh, banger, Dad? | 来点香肠吗 老爸 |
[09:10] | I really should be going. I’ve got to get ready for work. | 我真的该走了 我还要上班呢 |
[09:14] | It was nice meeting you, Daphne, and, uh, Frasier. | 很高兴认识你们 Daphne 还有 Frasier |
[09:19] | Thanks for a lovely evening, Martin. | Martin 谢谢 昨晚很愉快 |
[09:21] | I’ll call you later. | 我晚点给你打电话 |
[09:23] | You couldn’t have served bacon? | 你就不能端培根过来吗 |
[09:26] | Me? The way you were carrying on | 你还怪我 照你那节奏 |
[09:28] | we can be thankful I didn’t make toad in the hole. | 幸好我没做布丁香肠 |
[09:34] | Oh you handled that smoothly, Dr Crane. | Crane医生 真会打圆场啊 |
[09:37] | I’m sorry, Dad. It just, really caught me off guard. | 真是抱歉老爸 我就是有点措手不及 |
[09:41] | Ah, that’s ok. I ought to apologize. I should have warned you, | 没关系 我也得向你道个歉 我应该先提醒你的 |
[09:45] | but I really didn’t think it was going to happen. | 但是我也没想到我们真会进展到这一步 |
[09:51] | Pretty glad it did. | 很开心进展了 |
[09:54] | – So you like Elaine? – I like Elaine. | – 那你喜欢Elaine – 我喜欢Elaine |
[10:03] | – So, Dad…? – Yeah, yeah. | – 老爸啊 – 行了 行了 |
[10:07] | You’re back on the beat! | 重振雄风了啊 |
[10:10] | All right! | 好了 |
[10:12] | – Lock up your daughters! – Yeah, OK. | – 看好你们的女儿啊 – 好吧 |
[10:15] | – Oh, come on, you old… – Frasier, don’t push it! | – 哎呀呀 你这个老 – Frasier 适可而止 |
[10:22] | We have Marianne on line 4, she’s concerned about her daughter. | Marianne在四号线上 她很担心她的女儿 |
[10:27] | Hello, Marianne. I’m listening. | Marianne你好 您请讲 |
[10:30] | Kids, you can’t live with them, | 孩子 你真的无法和他们相处 |
[10:31] | you can’t shove them back in the womb. | 又不能把他们塞回子宫里 |
[10:37] | Well, as we try to forget the image that summons up… | 大家先不要脑补那个场景 |
[10:42] | …how can I help you, Marianne? | 我能怎么帮到你呢 |
[10:44] | Well, two days ago, Judy, my 22-year-old | 两天前 我22岁的女儿Judy |
[10:47] | arrived home for a visit with her boyfriend. | 和她男朋友一起回来了 |
[10:49] | l insisted that they sleep in separate bedrooms. | 我坚持让他们分房睡 |
[10:52] | She got furious with me. She’s been giving me dirty looks all week. | 她和我生气了 整个星期都给我摆臭脸 |
[10:56] | Am I completely out of line here?’ | 是我太过分了吗 |
[10:58] | – Not at all. I, I think that in your house you make up the rules. – Thank you. | – 一点儿都不过分 你自己的家你说了算 – 谢谢 |
[11:02] | But… are we sure there isn’t something else going on here? | 不过 你确定没有别的问题了吗 |
[11:07] | Perhaps you’re having a problem thinking of your daughter as an adult. | 也许你还不能把你女儿当做成年人来看待 |
[11:11] | You see, we all have a tendency to freeze people | 我们总是希望别人停留在 |
[11:14] | in roles with which we are most comfortable, | 我们最能接受的阶段 |
[11:17] | especially when it comes to that old bugaboo, sex. | 特别是涉及到那个问题时 性爱 |
[11:20] | You know, let me use myself as an example. | 就拿我自己来说 |
[11:23] | As many of you know, my 63-year-old father | 你们应该都知道 我63的父亲 |
[11:26] | recently moved in with me and just this morning, over coffee, | 最近搬过来和我住了 就在今早 喝咖啡的时候 |
[11:29] | I discovered he had spent the night in his room | 我发现昨晚他和一位可人Elaine |
[11:31] | with a delightful creature named Elaine. | 在他房间里共度良宵 |
[11:34] | Well, the entire episode completely unnerved me. Why? | 我被这件事情吓到了 为什么 |
[11:38] | Because I had never thought of my father | 因为我从没认为 |
[11:41] | as a man with normal sexual urges. | 我爸也是个有正常性冲动的男人 |
[11:44] | To me, he was always just plain old Dad. Well, that’s absurd. | 对我而言 他就是一个普通的老爹 其实不是 |
[11:49] | My father is a witty, virile, charming man, | 我爸妙趣横生 精力充沛 很有魅力的男人 |
[11:52] | possessed of the hereditary Crane good looks. | 还有着Crane家族的祖传帅气 |
[11:56] | I suppose I’m driving at is that sexuality | 我想说的其实就是 无论什么年龄 |
[11:59] | is a healthy part of adulthood at any age. | 性行为都是成年期中健康的一部分 |
[12:03] | I think it’s time we embraced that, don’t you, Marianne? | 是时候敞开怀抱接受了 不是吗 Marianne |
[12:06] | Sorry, Dr Crane, I gotta go. | 不好意思Crane医生 我要挂了 |
[12:08] | I’m hearing noises from the guest room. | 我听到客房里传来了声响 |
[12:11] | Well, as Marianne rushes to the guest room with a bucket of ice water, | 趁着Marianne拿着一桶冰水冲进客房 |
[12:14] | we will pause for these messages. | 我们也休息一会儿 |
[12:19] | Hey Frasier, that was a really good show. | Frasier 刚才的节目真棒 |
[12:21] | Thank you. I thought so too. | 谢谢 我也这么觉得 |
[12:24] | – Hi, Dr Crane. Hi, Roz. – Hi, Noel. | – Crane医生 Roz 你们好 – Noel你好 |
[12:27] | – I had a great time last night. – Me, too. | – 我昨晚很开心 – 我也是 |
[12:31] | I made you this spice rack. | 我给你做了个调味料架 |
[12:37] | I specially treated the back for easy wall adhesion. | 后面我特意把背面弄成易黏型 |
[12:42] | That was very thoughtful of you, Noel. | Noel 你真的好体贴 |
[12:45] | Well, um… I gotta run. I’ll call you later. | 我得走了 到时候给你打电话 |
[12:50] | Live long and prosper. | 生生不息 繁荣昌盛 |
[12:55] | Oh, look, there’s a place for cumin. | 你看呐还有放孜然的地方呢 |
[12:57] | Most people overlook that. | 一般人谁会这么细心啊 |
[13:00] | Just kill me. | 杀了我吧 |
[13:05] | I don’t understand it. Why would he say something like that on the radio? | 我真的不懂 他为什么要在广播节目里说那些 |
[13:08] | Did you know, when you get angry, your ears turn red. | 你知不知道你生气的时候 你耳朵会变红 |
[13:12] | See, there they go. | 你看 红了 |
[13:16] | Good evening everyone. | 大家晚上好 |
[13:18] | I’ll be going to my room right now. | 我先回房了 |
[13:23] | Hello, Eddie. | Eddie你好呀 |
[13:31] | Well, I seem to clear the room. | 我好像把房间清空了 |
[13:33] | I want to talk to you, mister. | 先生 我们得谈谈 |
[13:35] | Oh, sounds like someone’s being taken out behind the woodshed? | 某人终于从小柴房里出来咯 |
[13:38] | Don’t tempt me. | 别想哄我 |
[13:39] | Why the hell do you get off talking | 你为什么要在广播节目里 |
[13:40] | about my personal life on your radio program? | 谈论我的私人生活 |
[13:43] | Are you discussing what I said about you and Elaine? | 你是指我说的你和Elaine的事儿吗 |
[13:45] | You’re damn right I am! I’ve never been so embarrassed in my life! | 我他妈就是说这个 我一生中从没这么尴尬过 |
[13:47] | Dad, everything I said was flattering. | 爸 我说的都是好话 |
[13:49] | Oh yeah, telling all the Seattle about | 是啊 告诉所有西雅图人 |
[13:51] | your old dad shacking up with the neighbor lady. | 你的老爸和邻居搞上了 |
[13:53] | Oh, come on, you old swordsman, I thought you’d get a kick out of it. | 别这样啊 老剑客 我还以为你会开心呢 |
[13:56] | Knock it off, Frasier. Thanks to you, | 别来这套 Frasier 都是因为你 |
[13:58] | Elaine won’t even talk to me anymore. | Elaine都不和我说话了 |
[14:00] | What for? | 为什么啊 |
[14:02] | Simply because of a harmless remark I made on the radio? | 就是因为我在广播里说的毫无恶意的话吗 |
[14:04] | Hey, for your information, people of our generation think | 告诉你 我们这代人觉得 |
[14:06] | that sex is a private thing. | 性爱是一件很私人的事情 |
[14:08] | And I still think that’s a pretty healthy way of looking at it. | 我现在仍然觉得这种想法是相当正确的 |
[14:10] | Sex is something between you and the person you’re doing it to! | 性爱是你和你上的那个人之间的事情 |
[14:19] | Well, Don’t you think she’s overreacting a little? | 你不觉得她有点小题大做了吗 |
[14:23] | Put yourself in her place. | 你设身处地想想 |
[14:25] | She takes a chance and spends the night with me. Next thing she knows, | 她冒险和我过了一晚 然后 |
[14:28] | it’s being broadcast all over Seattle. | 通过广播传达到了全西雅图 |
[14:30] | I mean, her friends heard it and called her. | 她的朋友听到之后都给她打电话 |
[14:33] | She’s so embarrassed and never been out of the house all day. | 她无地自容 整天都没出家门 |
[14:35] | She won’t even answer the phone now. | 现在都不接电话了 |
[14:37] | – I’m sorry, dad. – Your sympathy touches me. | – 对不起 老爸 – 真是谢谢你了 |
[14:39] | Well, look, look. I caused the problem here, and I will take care of it. | 问题是因我而起的 我会解决的 |
[14:43] | Yeah? Well, I’ll be in my room holding my breath. | 是嘛 我坐在房间里拭目以待 |
[14:54] | I said I’d take care of it. | 我都说了我会解决的 |
[14:58] | I hate my voice. | 我讨厌我的声音 |
[15:01] | I mean, I know no one likes the | 我知道没人喜欢 |
[15:04] | sound of their own voice, especially when they hear it on tape, | 自己的声音 特别是录下来的时候 |
[15:08] | because it doesn’t sound as good as it does in their own head. | 因为没有自己脑海里的好听 |
[15:11] | But I hate my voice in my head, too. | 但我也讨厌脑海中自己的声音 |
[15:14] | You can’t get away from your own voice either, you know. | 你又不能摆脱你自己的声音 |
[15:18] | l tried not listening to myself when I talk, | 我曾经试过说话的时候不去听自己的声音 |
[15:22] | but I find myself kinda saying things that don’t make a lot of sense. | 但是我发现那样自己就在胡言乱语了 |
[15:27] | l hate my voice so much, | 我真的好讨厌自己的声音 |
[15:30] | l had to call a neighbor in | 我甚至叫邻居到我家来 |
[15:32] | to do the message on my answering machine. | 录电话答录机的留言 |
[15:36] | l don’t like his voice very much either but it’s better than mine. | 我也不太喜欢他的声音 但还是比我自己的好听 |
[15:41] | Not that I get a lot of calls, anyway. You go figure. | 也不是说经常有人给我打电话 你懂得 |
[15:45] | Any advice, Dr Crane?’ | Crane医生 有什么建议吗 |
[15:48] | Yeah, yeah, just go on with what you’re | 嗯嗯 你继续保持现状 |
[15:52] | doing and everything should turn out all right. | 然后自然会好起来的 |
[15:55] | Thank you for your call. | 谢谢你的来电 |
[15:59] | Now, I’d like to end today’s show on something of a personal note. | 我想说一件私事来结束今天的节目 |
[16:04] | I’m talking to one person in my audience. | 以下的话是说给一位听众的 |
[16:07] | Elaine Elaine. | |
[16:09] | You wouldn’t answer my phone calls, you wouldn’t come to the door, | 你不接我的电话 你不给我开门 |
[16:12] | so I hope you’re listening. | 我希望此刻你在收听 |
[16:15] | And if you are, | 如果你在 |
[16:16] | I want to apologise for what I said on the radio. | 我想要就我之前在节目中说的话对你道歉 |
[16:20] | I took something that was of a private nature | 我把你的私事 |
[16:22] | and turned it into public knowledge. | 公之于众 |
[16:23] | I promise I will never do that again, well, except for this time. | 我保证 我再也不会那么做了 除了这一次之外 |
[16:28] | Then I promise I’ll never do it again. | 我保证再也不这么做了 |
[16:31] | You see, the saddest thing is, Elaine, that Dad is paying for my mistake. | Elaine 我做的错事 不应该让我爸来承担后果 |
[16:49] | Elaine Elaine, | |
[16:53] | Martin cares for you and he misses you very much. | Martin十分在乎你 十分想念你 |
[16:59] | More than anything in the world, he’d like to be back together with you. | 他只希望和你重归于好 此外别无所求 |
[17:03] | And if you feel for him what he feels for you, | 如果你对他也有着同样的感觉 |
[17:05] | I hope you’ll find it in your heart | 我希望你能够 |
[17:08] | to come to my place tonight at 8:00 for dinner… | 晚上8点来我家共进晚餐 |
[17:12] | a very romantic dinner. Thanks, Elaine. | 浪漫的晚餐 谢谢你 Elaine |
[17:18] | This is KACL-780AM, talk radio, | 您正在收听KACL 780 |
[17:23] | and I’m Frasier Crane… The lo-ove doctor. | 我是Crane医生 爱情医生 |
[17:37] | Ah. Well, the champagne is chilled, | 香槟已经冰镇好了 |
[17:39] | a platter of hors d’oeuvres, how are things in the kitchen? | 开胃菜也好了 其他菜准备得怎么样 |
[17:41] | The roast is out of the oven. It looks beautiful. | 烤肉已经取出来了 看上去很不错 |
[17:43] | God I hope this works, Daphne. | Daphne 真希望这招有效 |
[17:45] | Well, I’ve been sending Elaine psychic messages all day. | 我一直在给Elaine发送精神电波 |
[17:50] | You’re kidding. You can transmit? I thought you were just a receiver. | 你开玩笑吧 你还能发送啊 我以为你能接收呢 |
[17:54] | I’m giving it a try. | 我在尝试 |
[17:56] | You know, “Elaine in 1410, come to dinner, come to dinner.” | “1410号的Elaine 过来赴宴 过来赴宴” |
[18:01] | That’s very charming, Daphne, but Elaine is in 1412. | Daphne你真可爱 不过Elaine住在1412号 |
[18:04] | Oh dear, I guess I’d better set an extra place at the table, then. | 那我最好再准备一副餐具了 |
[18:07] | It’s 8:00 and I’m still a pumpkin. | 已经八点了 怎么还没来 |
[18:11] | Dad, it is two minutes to 8:00. And why don’t you just sit down and relax? | 八点差两分 你先坐着 放松点 |
[18:14] | Oh, this is stupid, she probably didn’t even hear your show. | 太蠢了 她可能都没听你的节目 |
[18:17] | – Does this tie go with the jacket? – You look smashing. | – 领带和衣服搭吗 – 帅极了 |
[18:21] | Oh, who the hell am I kidding? She’s not gonna show up. | 我骗谁呢 她不会来的 |
[18:23] | I don’t know why I even… | 我都不知道我什么 |
[18:26] | May I suggest we just skip the first course, which is crow, | 我建议咱们跳过头盘 虽然它很棒 |
[18:29] | and move directly to the hors d’oeuvres? | 直接吃开胃菜 |
[18:30] | Just shut up and answer the door. | 少废话 开门去 |
[18:36] | Excuse me, is this the Crane residence? | 不好意思打扰了 请问这是Crane家吗 |
[18:39] | – Yes, it is. – Well, we’ve been waiting here for the last 15 minutes. | – 是的 – 我们已经在这等了15分钟了 |
[18:43] | Did Elaine show up or did we miss her? | Elaine来了吗还是我们错过了 |
[18:45] | Who are you people? | 你们是谁啊 |
[18:47] | We heard your show today, oh, it was so romantic! | 我们今天听了你的节目 太浪漫了 |
[18:51] | We all have our fingers crossed. | 我们都在替他们祈祷呢 |
[18:53] | – That’s very kind. – I’m Marjorie from down on 11, | – 谢谢你们 – 我是楼下11号的Marjorie |
[18:55] | Hello, Marjorie. | Marjorie你好 |
[18:56] | And this is Norman, and the rest of these people I don’t know. | 这是Norman 其他人我也不认识 |
[19:00] | Nice to see you all. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[19:02] | Tony, what are you doing? Shouldn’t you be watching the door? | Tony 你在这儿干什么 你不守门了吗 |
[19:05] | Oh, don’t worry, we’re all locked in. | 别担心 大门锁得好好的 |
[19:07] | I have got to find out how this ends, Doc. | 我必须知道结局啊 医生 |
[19:09] | – What’s going on out here? – Oh, is this Martin? | – 这里怎么了 – 这是Martin吗 |
[19:13] | Oh! | 噢 |
[19:14] | People, people, please, don’t you have lives of your own? | 你们就没事干这么闲吗 |
[19:18] | For God’s sake, beat it, scoot, scat.. | 老天爷啊 走开 散开 |
[19:19] | What’s happening here? | 发生什么了 |
[19:20] | It’s a private situation here. | 这是件私事 |
[19:25] | – That’s her! – Oh, my God! | – 她来了 – 天呐 |
[19:28] | – Please, come out. – No, I’m going home! | – 出来吧 – 不 我要回家 |
[19:31] | Dad, you come in here. | 爸 你进来 |
[19:33] | Now everybody back off! Just back off, alright? | 大家都退后 退后好吗 |
[19:35] | Just give us some time! Please! | 给我们点私人时间 |
[19:37] | Oh, no! I should never have come up here. Nothing’s changed. | 我就不该上来 还是老样子 |
[19:40] | Elaine, please let me try to explain. | Elaine 请听我解释 |
[19:42] | – You’ve done enough. – Dad, please… | – 你还嫌你做的不够多吗 – 爸 |
[19:44] | – Frasier, over there. – Dad… | – Frasier 过去 – 爸 |
[19:46] | – Turn around. – Well, I… | – 转过去 -我 |
[19:54] | Look, Elaine, I’m sorry about what happened. | Elaine 我真的很抱歉 |
[19:56] | You’ve got every right to be mad. | 你生气是应该的 |
[19:58] | What I thought what we had was pretty good. | 但是我觉得我们在一起很美妙 |
[20:01] | And thanks to radio boy here, | 多亏了这个电台小子 |
[20:03] | I think most of Seattle agrees with me. | 现在我知道大部分西雅图人都是支持我的 |
[20:06] | I’d sure hate us to lose it just because of one stupid thing. | 我不希望因为一件愚蠢的事情我们就掰了 |
[20:12] | Come on, Elaine. | Elaine 别这样 |
[20:13] | I had a great time on our date the other night. | 那晚约会我特别愉快 |
[20:17] | You gonna tell me you don’t feel the same way? | 难道你感觉不是如此吗 |
[20:19] | You may not remember but I have warm toes. | 你可能不记得了 但是我的脚趾很温暖的 |
[20:27] | Anyway it’s your choice, but | 说到底 我会尊重你的选择 但是 |
[20:29] | I sure wish you’d come and have dinner with me. | 我真的希望你能和我共进晚餐 |
[20:48] | Who said you could turn around? | 谁说你可以转过来了 |
[20:54] | Look, it’s coming back up! | 电梯上来了 |
[20:56] | Oh! | 噢 |
[21:01] | All right, everyone, you’ve had your fun. | 好了好了 热闹也看了 |
[21:03] | Show is over. Nothing more to see. Go back to your homes. | 都结束了 都回家吧 |
[21:06] | Please folks. Honour what the man says. | 都听到他说的了 |
[21:08] | Thank you so much for coming, thank you for your concern. | 谢谢你们前来捧场 谢谢你们的关心 |
[21:11] | Thank you so much. Let’s expedite this departure, please, if you would. | 谢谢大家 如果可以的话请加速离开 |
[21:14] | And thank you so much. | 还有谢谢 |
[21:16] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[21:18] | Well, I suppose we should give them their privacy. | 我们该给他俩一点私人空间吧 |
[21:21] | Yes, I suppose you’re right. | 是啊 你说得对 |
[21:23] | It’s ironic, isn’t it? My 63-year-old father with a bum hip | 真讽刺啊 我那臀部有伤的63岁的爸爸 |
[21:27] | is about to embark on a night of romance, | 即将度过浪漫的一晚 |
[21:30] | while the two of us, a man and woman, | 而我们俩 一男一女 |
[21:35] | both attractive and eligible, | 都这么优秀 这么有魅力 |
[21:36] | in the prime of our lives, | 正值盛年 |
[21:38] | with nothing to do on a Saturday night. | 周六晚上却无所事事 |
[21:42] | You know, the answer to our problems might be right under our noses. | 你知道答案很简单 近在眼前吧 |
[21:46] | Yes, Daphne, I think it is. | 是啊 Daphne 我也觉得是 |
[21:50] | All right, you go claim the washing machines. | 好了 你去占个洗衣机 |
[21:52] | I’ll go get the laundry. | 我去拿脏衣服 |