时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Okay, dad, now you’ve seen the executive offices, | 爸 刚带你参观了行政部 |
[00:09] | the advertising offices and the lunchroom. | 广告部 食堂 |
[00:12] | We have now finally come to the sanctum sanctorum: my studio. | 现在这个圣地 就是我的播音室 |
[00:17] | Well you might recognise that handsome rogue over there? | 认出那个帅帅的痞子没 |
[00:19] | Wow! Your head photographs even bigger than it is. | 哇 你头显得更大了 |
[00:23] | Very droll. Get in here. | 呵呵 进来吧 |
[00:25] | This is what in the radio game call “The booth”. | 行话把这里称作播音间 |
[00:28] | It is here that I sit, day after day, | 我就是日复一日地坐在这 |
[00:30] | and dispense the advice that helps the | 给心烦意乱的人们提建议 |
[00:31] | emotionally distraught through their troubled lives. | 帮他们度过难关 |
[00:34] | Mmm. Suppose this stuff’s bulletproof? | 嗯 这是防弹的吧 |
[00:38] | Now you know you could have gone home after lunch. | 你原本吃过午饭就可以回去了 |
[00:40] | I just brought you here because I thought you’d enjoy this. | 我带你来是以为你会喜欢这里 |
[00:41] | Now don’t touch that! | 别碰那个 |
[00:42] | It’s a very sophisticated piece of electronic equipment! | 那是个非常精密的电子设备 |
[00:44] | – What is it? – I have no idea. Roz told me never to touch it. | – 到底是什么 – 我也不知道 Roz说不能碰 |
[00:49] | – You see dad, the usual procedure begins with… – Testing, testing… | – 你看 通常程序是从 – 喂喂喂 |
[00:52] | Dad, let’s just go into Roz’s booth, okay? | 爸 我们到Roz的录音室去吧 |
[00:55] | You can touch anything you want to in there. | 那里随你碰 |
[00:57] | – Hey, Frasier. – Hello,Roz. | – 嘿 Frasier – 嗨 Roz |
[00:59] | – Hi, Mr Crane. – Hi. | – 嗨 Crane先生 – 你好 |
[01:00] | What brings you here? | 什么风把您吹来了 |
[01:01] | Well, I’m just showing dad around, | 我带我爸参观一下 |
[01:03] | then he’s gonna sit and listen to the show. | 他会留下来听节目 |
[01:04] | Yeah, It’s kinda like payback for when Frasier and Niles were kids, | 嗯 也算是还债吧 Frasier和Niles小时候 |
[01:06] | I used to take them to the police station and show them where I worked. | 我也带他们到我工作的警局参观 |
[01:09] | Yes, he used to make a big game of locking us in one of the cells | 是啊 他常把我们关在牢房捉弄我们 |
[01:13] | and pretending to lose the key. | 还假装找不到钥匙 |
[01:16] | I was just joking with them, I knew they weren’t scared. | 只是开个小玩笑 我知道他们不会怕的 |
[01:18] | Well no, we weren’t really scared. | 确实 |
[01:19] | Although after a while we did become quite hungry. | 只是关久了有点饿 |
[01:23] | Hey Frasier, could you lend me ten bucks? | Frasier 能借我10块钱吗 |
[01:26] | What, did you leave your wallet home, or something? | 钱包落在家了吗 |
[01:27] | No, I gave the last of my money | 不 我把剩下的钱 |
[01:28] | to this poor guy down in front of the building. | 都给了大厦前那个倒霉蛋了 |
[01:31] | He’s an Australian tourist. He lost his wallet and he just needed ten dollars… | 他是个澳洲旅客 钱包丢了 需要十块钱 |
[01:33] | So he could take a cab to the Australian Consulate before it closes? | 好赶在领事馆下班前坐车到那去吗 |
[01:36] | Yeah, how did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[01:38] | There is no Australian Consulate in Seattle. | 西雅图没有澳洲领事馆 |
[01:41] | Oh, that poor guy. | 噢 他真够倒霉的 |
[01:46] | Roz, it’s a scam. He scammed you. | Roz 这是个局 你被骗了 |
[01:49] | No, this guy was for real, honest, he even said… | 不 他没骗我 真的 他还说 |
[01:51] | “If you give me your address. I’ll send you the money back with interest.” | “把你地址给我 我会连本带利把钱还你” |
[01:54] | God. | 我的天啊 |
[01:57] | – I’m an idiot. – No, don’t feel bad. | – 我真笨 – 别难过了 |
[01:59] | These guys are professionals. | 这些人是职业骗子 |
[02:02] | Don’t touch that! | 别碰那个 |
[02:06] | What is this place, a radio station or a nuclear missile site? | 这是什么鬼地方 电台还是核导弹基地 |
[02:10] | Now, listen Roz, don’t feel bad. I was a cop for 30 years, | Roz 别难过了 我当了30年警察 |
[02:14] | and they could still fake me out once in a while. | 有时还是会上当 |
[02:16] | These guys are professional. They know what to do. | 这些是老千 熟门熟路的 |
[02:18] | Especially if you’re an easy mark like Roz. | 尤其是看到像Roz这种冤大头 |
[02:20] | Hey, the criminal mind is more complex than you think. | 罪犯心理比你想象中复杂得多 |
[02:22] | They can fool you. | 他们会引你入局的 |
[02:24] | Oh, by all means dad, lectured me on the complexities of the human mind. | 你是在给我讲解人性的复杂性吗 |
[02:28] | Are you forgetting that I graduated with honors | 你忘了我是以优异成绩 |
[02:29] | from Harvard in Psychosocial Behaviorism? | 从哈佛社会心理行为系毕业的吗 |
[02:31] | I know, I was at your graduation. Impressive bunch. | 我知道 我还记得你的毕业典礼 印象深刻啊 |
[02:33] | a car backfired and half of them wet their gowns. | 一辆车起爆 一半人尿湿了毕业袍 |
[02:37] | Look! It sounded louder on the dais! All I’m trying to say is, | 在讲台上听得更大声好吗 我只是说 |
[02:42] | if it were me on the street, I wouldn’t have been fooled. | 如果换是我在街上 肯定不会上当 |
[02:44] | Oh, you think because of your book smarts, | 噢 你以为成绩好 |
[02:46] | that you can spot a crook just like that? | 就能一眼辩忠奸吗 |
[02:48] | Well if I can’t, I’m in the wrong business. | 如果不能 我就入错行了 |
[02:51] | You want to put your money where your mouth is? | 敢不敢赌一把 |
[02:53] | what do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[02:54] | Well, I’ve got three people coming over for poker tonight. | 今晚我叫了三个人来打牌 |
[02:56] | Two of them are cops, the third one’s done time in jail. | 有两个是警察 另外一个坐过牢 |
[03:00] | I’ll bet you five bucks you can’t tell which one’s the ex-con.. | 五块钱 赌你猜不出来谁坐过牢 |
[03:03] | – Hey, can I get in on the action? – Of course you can. | – 我也能玩吗 – 当然可以 |
[03:05] | Great. Ten bucks on your dad. | 好嘞 10块钱押你爸爸赢 |
[03:08] | Oh, you’re just itching to give your money away today, aren’t you? | 你今天特想给人钱是吧 |
[03:11] | All right, you’re both on, but I think you’re underestimating me. | 好吧 玩定了 不过你们太小看我了 |
[03:13] | What truffles are to pigs, | 松露之于猪 |
[03:15] | so are these charlatans and pettifoggers to my mental acuity. | 亦如骗子之于我的敏锐 |
[03:20] | We didn’t know better back then. | 都怪我们年轻时不懂事 |
[03:22] | His mother smoked during pregnancy. | 他妈妈在怀他时还抽烟 |
[03:31] | So, who are these people coming over tonight? | 今晚来的都是谁啊 |
[03:33] | Oh, just some of dad’s old friends from the precinct. | 就是爸以前辖区的一些老朋友 |
[03:36] | Yeah, well, if we’re having company, someone should have been cleaned up. | 既然今晚有客人 那个谁该把自己收拾收拾了 |
[03:39] | because someone hasn’t been smelling so fresh lately. | 因为他最近有点臭 |
[03:43] | Because someone is long overdue for a tub. | 因为他很久没碰过浴盆了 |
[03:46] | Hey, I took a shower this morning. | 我今天早上才洗过澡 |
[03:49] | You know I was talking about Eddie. Eddie is long overdue for a ba… | 我说的是Eddie 它很久没进过浴 |
[03:52] | – Don’t say that word. – What word? | – 别提那个词 – 哪个 |
[03:55] | B-a-t-h. | 浴 室 |
[04:01] | His yawns may smell like swamp gas, but his spelling’s improving. | 它口气闻着像沼气 拼写倒是进步不少 |
[04:08] | I’ve made meatball sandwiches, | 我做了肉丸三明治 |
[04:10] | pepperoni pizzas and little sausage rolls. | 辣香肠比萨饼 小香肠肉卷 |
[04:13] | Will you be needing anything else? | 你们还想要什么吗 |
[04:14] | The number of the nearest gastroenterologist. | 附近的肠胃科医生号码 |
[04:18] | Hey, guys, come on in. Yeah, these are my poker pals. | 快进来 这些就是我的牌搭子 |
[04:21] | This is Linda, Frank and Jimmy. | Linda Frank 和Jimmy |
[04:23] | This is my son, Frasier. | 我儿子 Frasier |
[04:24] | Linda, Frank, Jimmy, nice to meet you. | Linda Frank Jimmy 很高兴认识你们 |
[04:27] | Throw your coats on the couch. | 外套放沙发上就行 |
[04:33] | Kinda hard to tell, isn’t it? They all look like they did time! | 有点难度是吧 他们看起来都像坐过牢 |
[04:39] | My dad tells me, he’s filled you in on our little bet. | 我爸说他已经告诉你们这个赌的事了 |
[04:42] | Now the ground rules for tonight are | 今晚的规则是 |
[04:43] | that I’m not allowed to ask you any questions directly | 我不能直接询问 |
[04:45] | about your line of work, | 你们从事的行业 |
[04:46] | but whatever questions I do ask you must answer truthfully. | 但我提的问题 你们一定要诚实作答 |
[04:50] | – All I wanna do is play cards. – Great place you got here, Marty. | – 我只是来打牌的 – 你房子不赖啊 Marty |
[04:54] | – Thanks. – Actually, it’s mine. | – 多谢 – 实际上 是我的房子 |
[04:56] | Boy, you must do pretty well on that radio show of yours. | 孩子 你的电台事业应该挺不错吧 |
[04:59] | – What is this place, about two thousand square feet? – About. | – 这里有多大 有180平方吗 – 差不多吧 |
[05:04] | Hm, that’s interesting. You noticed the space. | 嗯 有点意思 你注意到了空间大小 |
[05:07] | Most people usually mention the view or high ceilings, | 大多数人会留意窗外风景或高天花板 |
[05:09] | but you mentioned the space. | 可你留意到了空间 |
[05:12] | It’s almost as if you’d spent time living in a cramped, confining, tight area. | 好像你在窄小偏狭的地方住过似的 |
[05:17] | So you’ve been to Jimmy’s apartment, huh? | 看来你去过Jimmy的公寓嘛 |
[05:20] | – Hello, there. – Oh hi, Daphne. | – 大家好 – 嗨 Daphne |
[05:22] | This is Daphne Moon. | 这位是Daphne Moon |
[05:23] | These are my friends. Linda, Frank, Jimmy. | 这些是我的朋友 Linda Frank Jimmy |
[05:26] | Daphne, that’s a very pretty name. Do people call you Daffy for short? | Daphne 好名字 有人简称你Daffy吗 |
[05:30] | Not twice. | 没见过敢说第二次的 |
[05:34] | Well, It’s nice to meet all of you. Here you go, I’ve got beers for everyone. | 很高兴见到各位 来 我为大家准备了啤酒 |
[05:39] | Still drinking Ballantine’s, I see. | 还在喝百龄坛啊 |
[05:41] | Yeah, when you kick off, that company’s going down the tubes. | 你挂掉的话 那公司非倒闭不可 |
[05:44] | Oh yeah, many’s the time I come home and see cans of them lined up | 没错 我常常回家看到许多啤酒罐堆在桌上 |
[05:48] | one after another on the coffee table, like little tin soldiers… | 一个跟一个 像酒罐小士兵 |
[05:51] | Yeah, thanks a lot, Daphne. Don’t you have a dog to wash? | 非常感谢 Daphne 你不是要帮狗洗澡吗 |
[05:55] | Well, I suppose I do. | 我想是的 |
[05:56] | Of course I have to catch the little bugger first. | 但我先要把那小崽子捉住 |
[06:00] | – Maybe one of these would help. – Hey, beer’s not good for dogs. | – 这个应该能帮上忙 – 狗喝啤酒不好吧 |
[06:03] | No, but it’s super for me. | 不好 但我喝好 |
[06:06] | Hey Marty, she’s pretty nice. | Marty 她人真好 |
[06:08] | Yeah, and sexy, too, you dirty old man. | 也很辣哦 你个色老头 |
[06:10] | – Oh… – Interesting. | – 噢 – 有意思 |
[06:16] | You find her attractive, do you? | 你觉得她很有魅力 是吧 |
[06:25] | Sure. Don’t you? | 是啊 你不觉得吗 |
[06:27] | Yes, but I mean, attraction to one’s own sex | 是的 可被同性吸引不算是罕见 |
[06:30] | is a not uncommon result of long-enforced periods of time | 如果你长期被迫身处于 |
[06:33] | spent exclusively in their company. | 单一性别的生活中 |
[06:37] | – Wow, Frasier. I may have underestimated you. – Really? | – 哇 Frasier 看来我低估你了 – 真的吗 |
[06:40] | Yeah, you’re making a bigger jackass of yourself than I thought. | 你比我想象中更神经 |
[06:44] | High card deals. | 发牌了 |
[06:46] | You know, we could use some music. Anybody play the harmonica? | 我们可以来点音乐 有人会吹口琴吗 |
[06:54] | All right, my deal. Dollar in to start. Five-card draw. | 好了 我先来 下注吧 玩五张换 |
[06:58] | Jacks or better to open and the three raise maximum. | J或以上开牌 三张一样的加到最大赌注 |
[07:01] | You sure you won’t play, Fras? | 你真的不玩吗 |
[07:02] | Oh, no, no. I’ll just take this time to observe the triumvirate. | 不了 我刚好趁机观察这仨 |
[07:05] | I believe in my considerable education, | 我对自己所受的教育 |
[07:07] | my years of study and not to mention, | 以及多年来的研究非常自信 |
[07:09] | Well, all right, let’s say it – my God-given gift to intuit. | 当然 我就直说了吧 还有我那天生的第六感 |
[07:16] | This is the kid who used to get his head flushed in the toilet, right? | 你这孩子不是小时候老被人头按马桶里么 |
[07:25] | – All right, I call. What you got? – Full boat, aces up. | – 好了 我跟进 你拿到什么 – 顺子 一大 |
[07:31] | Damn it, that’s another one. I’m losing my shirt here. | 该死的 又输一盘 我都输精光了 |
[07:35] | Would somebody mind giving me a hand with the coffee? | 有谁能帮我端一下咖啡吗 |
[07:37] | – Yeah, I’ll give you a hand. – Come along then. | – 我来帮你 – 跟我来 |
[07:40] | – I really like your accent, where are you from? – Manchester. | – 我喜欢你的口音 你是哪里人 – 曼彻斯特 |
[07:43] | Manchester, that’s where the Beatles are from, right? | 披头四也是那里的吧 |
[07:45] | Oh, no. You’re thinking Liverpool. | 噢不 他们是利物浦的 |
[07:47] | – Then who’s from Manchester? – No one. | – 都有谁是曼彻斯特的 – 没几个 |
[07:50] | That’s why I live here now. | 所以我才搬来这里 |
[07:53] | You’ve been awfully quiet there. | 你还真够安静的 |
[07:55] | – I’m sorry, dad. Just been observing. – No, don’t apologize. | – 不好意思 爸 我在观察呢 – 不 别道歉 |
[07:58] | It was a compliment. | 我夸你呢 |
[08:02] | Frank’s an interesting study, isn’t he? | Frank挺有趣的啊 |
[08:04] | Temper, loner, a bit unsocial. | 有脾气 不合群 有点不善交际 |
[08:07] | Almost a stereotypical portrait of a man | 简直就是一长期 |
[08:09] | who’s spent his entire life behind bars. | 坐过监的典型 |
[08:12] | This dish a Lalique or a Steuben? | 这个碟子是莱丽卡牌还是斯托本牌的 |
[08:17] | They had no spots open in the prison laundry. | 狱中洗衣房没有空缺 |
[08:19] | He worked in fine china and glasswares. | 他就被安排加工优良瓷器和玻璃器皿去了 |
[08:26] | Here you go, big winner. | 给你 大赢家 |
[08:27] | Buy yourself something pretty and frilly. | 买花边衣服去吧 |
[08:31] | Sorry, Frank, I can’t hear you. | 抱歉 Frank 我听不清 |
[08:34] | I’ve got your money stuck in my ears. | 你的钱把我耳朵塞住了 |
[08:37] | Well, I guess there’s only one thing left. | 今晚最后一件事情 |
[08:40] | How about it, Fras? You figured it out yet? | 怎么样 Fras 猜出来没 |
[08:42] | Actually, I believe I have. | 我想我猜到了 |
[08:44] | Shall we step into the drawing room? Please have a seat. | 我们不妨移步到客厅 大家都坐下吧 |
[08:49] | OK, Sherlock. You’ve got center stage. | 好了 神探 现在你是主角了 |
[08:53] | Well, I have sketched an accurate psychological profile of each one of you. | 我为你们分别作了精准的心理侧写 |
[08:59] | And in so doing I have come to the incontrovertible conclusion | 由此得到了一个无可辩驳的结论 |
[09:03] | that the criminal among us can only be… | 我们之中的罪犯只能是 |
[09:07] | -… Frank! – Wrong. Frank’s a highly decorated undercover cop. | – Frank – 错了 Frank是个受勋的卧底 |
[09:10] | Exactly! | 没错 |
[09:15] | Just a little too obvious, you know, | 就是有些地方太过于明显了 |
[09:17] | The broken vocabulary, jailhouse pallor, | 寡言少语 监狱式的苍白肤色 |
[09:20] | – the underdeveloped social skills… – Hey! | – 有待提升的社交能力 – 嘿 |
[09:23] | So, you tried to use psychology against me, did you? | 你想跟我玩心理游戏是吧 |
[09:25] | Threw a gender bender at me. | 给我搞来这种边缘人物 |
[09:27] | Thinking I’d just assume a felon would naturally be a man. | 认定我会以为重罪犯就是个男的 |
[09:31] | Well, I’m on to your little game, mister. | 我知道你打的什么主意 |
[09:33] | The criminal among us is indeed, the very wily Linda! | 我们之中的罪犯 其实是 非常狡猾的Linda |
[09:36] | – Nope. – Jimmy! | – 不对 – Jimmy |
[09:40] | – You’re right. – Damn it. | – 你终于猜对了 – 该死 |
[09:43] | – You seem like such a nice guy. – I am a nice guy. | – 你看起来像是个好人啊 – 我确实是 |
[09:46] | He was voted most congenial in his cellblock. | 他是囚犯区里公认性格最好的 |
[09:50] | Sorry, doc. I’m afraid you owe your old man five bucks. | 很遗憾 你输给你爸五块钱 |
[09:53] | Yeah, I’m afraid I do. | 好吧 |
[09:54] | Oh. You could probably use this. | 噢 你可能需要这个 |
[09:59] | Well, it’s been a lot of laughs, but it’s getting late. We better get going. | 今天玩得真高兴 不过已经很晚了 我们赶紧走吧 |
[10:03] | – Yeah, you’re right. Thanks a lot, Marty. – Oh, yes. Great. | – 是的 走吧 谢谢你的招待 Marty – 嗯 好 |
[10:06] | It’s been very pleasant. You’ll all come again, any time you like. | 今天过得真愉快 欢迎你们随时再来玩 |
[10:09] | Hopefully, when we’re here, of course. | 当然 最好当我们在家时来 |
[10:13] | – Good night. Marty. – See you. | – 晚安 Marty – 再见 |
[10:15] | – Next week, Marty. – Yeah. | – 下周见 Marty – 好的 |
[10:20] | Jimmy. Boy, who’d have thought? How do you even know that guy, dad? | 原来是Jimmy 谁能猜得到啊 你怎么认识他的 |
[10:24] | Ah, he was a jailhouse snitch, he helped us out a couple of times. | 他是牢房里的线人 帮过我们好几次 |
[10:27] | Right, he’s great company, | 确实 他挺好玩的 |
[10:29] | but I wouldn’t trust him for a second if he wasn’t surrounded by cops. | 不过若不是周围有群警察 我不敢信他 |
[10:32] | – Who was a jailhouse snitch? – Jimmy. | – 谁是牢房里的线人 – Jimmy |
[10:34] | Jimmy’s an ex-con? | Jimmy以前是个骗子吗 |
[10:36] | Well, you certainly proved your point. | 你倒是证明了你的观点 |
[10:38] | I feel stupid as hell. | 我觉得自己傻透了 |
[10:40] | – I feel rather a fool meself. – Why would you care, one way or another? | – 我也觉得我很傻 – 你又怎么了 |
[10:43] | Because… I’ve agreed to go out with Jimmy tomorrow night. | 因为 我答应了明天晚上跟Jimmy出去 |
[10:47] | You did what?! | 你答应了什么 |
[10:49] | He asked if I’d like to go out for drinks with him | 他问我有没兴趣跟他到黄宝石屋喝一杯 |
[10:51] | To a place called the Topaz Room, meet some of his friends. | 见见他的朋友 |
[10:54] | It sounded harmless enough. | 听起来也没什么啊 |
[10:56] | Well, it’s out of the question! You’re gonna have to call him and cancel! | 不行 你马上打给他说不去了 |
[10:59] | But you said yourself he was fun to spend time with. | 可你自己也说跟他待一起挺有趣的 |
[11:01] | I said do time with. | 我说待在牢里 |
[11:04] | No, no. You just can’t go. That’s all there is to it. Case closed. | 不行 你不能去 没的说 就这样 |
[11:08] | Excuse me, dad, if I can interrupt | 爸 听我说 姑且抛开你 |
[11:09] | that self-righteous policeman mentality for a second, | 作为警察的自以为是心理 |
[11:11] | Don’t you believe in second chances? | 你不相信人应该有第二次机会吗 |
[11:13] | I did, then we had Niles. | 相信 但你弟弟又生出来了 |
[11:18] | Well, I believe that when a man has paid his debt to society, | 我认为一个人还清了社会的债之后 |
[11:21] | he deserves a fresh start. | 理应得到一个新的开始 |
[11:22] | I see no harm in her going out with him once. | 我看不出她跟他出去一次有什么不好的 |
[11:24] | – Well, I do! She’s not going. – I say she is. | – 我看出了 不能去 – 我觉得可以去 |
[11:26] | – I say she isn’t! – She is! | – 不可以 – 可以 |
[11:28] | Excuse me? Gentlemen? | 打扰一下 两位先生 |
[11:30] | But might I interject one tiny little thought into this conversation? | 我能不能就此发表一下我的意见呢 |
[11:33] | Of course, Daphne. | 当然可以 |
[11:35] | Belt up, both of you! | 你们两个给我安静点 |
[11:37] | It may have escaped your notice, but I happen to be a grown woman. | 也许你们还没意识到 可我已经是个成年女性了 |
[11:40] | And nobody has told me whom I might or might not date | 自从我上学后 |
[11:43] | since I was a schoolgirl. | 就没人告诫我该不该跟谁约会 |
[11:44] | And I didn’t listen then. | 那时候我就不听 |
[11:45] | Now, when I’ve quite made up my mind | 当我想清楚怎么处理Jimmy |
[11:47] | what I plan to do about Jimmy, I’ll let you know. | 我会告诉你们的 |
[11:50] | But right now, I’m going to my room! | 现在我要回房间去了 |
[11:52] | You two hens have wasted enough of my time. | 你们俩叽叽喳喳太吵了 |
[12:00] | That would have been a very dramatic exit, | 这离场也真算潇洒的 |
[12:02] | if only her room was down that hall. | 如果她房间真是往那边走的话 |
[12:14] | I still don’t think she should be going out with that guy. | 我还是觉得她不该和他出去 |
[12:16] | – Oh, don’t worry, she won’t. – How do you know? | – 不用担心 她不会的 – 你怎么知道 |
[12:18] | Well, because she has too much respect for your opinion. | 因为她一直都很尊重你意见 |
[12:20] | She won’t go against your wishes if I’m any judge of character. | 如果我对人性把握没错 她不会逆你意的 |
[12:23] | Oh, dear God. | 噢 老天啊 |
[12:29] | What can I get you? | 想喝点什么 |
[12:30] | uh, I’ll have a decaf latte and please be sure to use skim milk. | 脱咖啡因拿铁 请一定要加脱脂奶 |
[12:33] | I’ll have the same. | 跟他一样 |
[12:35] | Got it. Two gutless wonders! | 收到 两杯”没种咖啡” |
[12:41] | Thank you! Certainly playing fast and loose | 谢了啊 开个小货车 |
[12:43] | with his tips for a man who drives a van. | 还敢这么拿小费当儿戏 |
[12:49] | Oh! Frasier. How was your encounter with Dad’s poker buddies last night? | 噢 你昨晚跟爸的朋友见面怎样了 |
[12:54] | I must tell you – the picture of you trying to make conversation | 跟你说 你努力地跟那帮蓝领交谈一晚上的画面 |
[12:56] | with dad’s blue-collar cronies all evening is priceless. | 简直是百年难得一遇 |
[12:59] | When I told Maris about it, it was | 我把这事告诉Maris |
[13:01] | all she could do to keep her eyes from dancing. | 她费了好大劲才控制住眼睛不抖呢 |
[13:05] | Actually, it was really rather interesting. | 事实上 还挺有趣的 |
[13:06] | You know, one of them actually did time in prison for fraud. | 他们当中有人曾因行骗坐过牢 |
[13:09] | – Good lord! What was he like? – Actually he was quite personable. | – 天啊 长什么样的 – 人模人样的 |
[13:13] | – You know dad, he’s so judgmental.- He is, | – 你知道爸的 太武断了 – 确实 |
[13:15] | and I’ve often condemned him for it. | 我为此还经常谴责他来着 |
[13:20] | For some reason, you know, just because the man was | 就因为一个人坐过牢 |
[13:21] | in prison he seems to be marked for life. | 他一生都要背负坏人的罪名 |
[13:24] | It’s ridiculous. Not all criminals are recidivists. | 胡扯 并非所有罪犯都会再犯的 |
[13:26] | I’ve seen many cases where after | 我见过很多出狱的人 |
[13:28] | they’ve paid their debt to society they’ve gone on to lead productive lives. | 都过着很有意义的生活 |
[13:31] | Dad’s just being narrow-minded. | 爸就是太有偏见了 |
[13:33] | Hmm. Yes, I almost had to sedate him | 对啊 当Daphne说要和那人出去时 |
[13:34] | when Daphne announced announced that she was going to go out with him. | 我都要给爸服镇静剂了 |
[13:44] | Frasier, I hope you’re just yanking my giggle chain. | Frasier 你是玩我的吧 |
[13:48] | What do you mean? | 怎么了 |
[13:51] | You’re telling me that you’re letting this delicate | 你是说你给了某个反社会者机会 |
[13:52] | English rose be sullied by some sociopath? | 让他去摧残我们那纤弱的英国玫瑰花吗 |
[13:55] | Oh… Niles, he passed bad checks. | 噢 Niles 他只是开空头支票的 |
[13:58] | – He’s no sociopath. – He’s a degenerate who should be put away forever! | – 他不是反社会者 – 他这种败类就该永远关牢里 |
[14:01] | You haven’t even met him. | 你还没见过他呢 |
[14:01] | Oh, for God’s sake, they’re all depraved animals! | 天下乌鸦一般黑 |
[14:03] | – Here’s your coffee. Anything else? – Yes, the cheque please, and quickly! | – 你的咖啡 还要点什么吗 – 结账 快点 |
[14:07] | Frasier, we’ve got to rescue her! | Frasier 我们得去拯救她 |
[14:08] | Oh Niles, Niles, just sit down and relax, for God’s sakes. | 噢 Niles 冷静点快坐下 |
[14:11] | – You’re being irrational. – Don’t you dare call me irrational! | – 你太不理智了 – 不许说我不理智 |
[14:13] | You know that makes me crazy! | 你明知道我听了会抓狂的 |
[14:17] | Now, Niles. Listen, I think Jimmy’s a perfectly nice guy. | 听我说 Niles 我觉得Jimmy人挺好的 |
[14:22] | And besides, Daphne can take care of herself. | 何况Daphne会把自己照顾好的 |
[14:24] | I don’t care, I’m going after her. I’m not without resources. | 我不管 我要去找她 而且我也并非毫无胜算 |
[14:27] | My Tae Kwon Do instructor tells me | 跆拳道教练说我 |
[14:28] | I’m just two moves away from becoming quite threatening. | 只消两个动作就相当有威胁性了 |
[14:36] | Niles, just listen to me for a second. | Niles 听我一句 |
[14:38] | You know perfectly well that she’ll resent any interference. | 你明知道她讨厌被干涉 |
[14:40] | Now, you want to make a fool of yourself, go right ahead, | 你要出洋相就去吧 |
[14:41] | but don’t ask me to join you. | 我可不去 |
[14:42] | That’s fine. Just tell me where they went. | 好吧 你告诉我他们在哪儿 |
[14:44] | Someplace called the, uh, the Topaz Room. | 一个叫黄宝石屋的地方 |
[14:47] | The Topaz Room? | 黄宝石屋吗 |
[14:48] | I thought the cops shut that place down after the last shooting. | 我以为上次枪战以后就被警察封了呢 |
[14:51] | I’ll drive! | 我来开车 |
[15:07] | Your shot, girlie. | 到你了 小妞 |
[15:14] | But before you take that shot, | 在你开始前 |
[15:15] | why don’t we make this a little more interesting? | 要不我们玩大点 |
[15:17] | All you have to do to win is run those last five balls. | 你只需要进最后五个球就赢了 |
[15:22] | – So what do you say we double our bet? – Oh, well, I might as well. | – 加大一倍赌注怎么样 – 好吧 也可以 |
[15:26] | I never really have understood this game. | 我从来就没真正懂过这游戏 |
[15:30] | Never understood it, when I started playing | 第一次跟哥哥玩的时候就没弄懂 |
[15:33] | with me older brothers, at the age of six. | 那年我六岁吧 |
[15:36] | And I never understood it during all my formative years, | 青少年时期流连曼彻斯特各个桌球室 |
[15:40] | spent mostly in the pool halls of Manchester. | 依然没搞明白 |
[15:44] | Playing in local competitions and club tournaments. | 参加过一些地方比赛和俱乐部锦标赛 |
[15:51] | Winning cup after cup after cup. | 奖杯赢了一个又一个 |
[15:53] | Until our poor dad had to convert the pantry into a trophy room. | 我爸只能用餐具室来放奖杯 |
[16:00] | And I can’t really claim to understand it – eight ball in far corner – | 我依然不敢说我完全懂 远角底袋8号球 |
[16:06] | even today. | 现在也不敢 |
[16:10] | But I certainly do enjoy it. | 不过我真的挺喜欢玩的 |
[16:16] | Thank you, gentlemen. And now, if you’ll excuse me, | 谢谢你 先生 失陪一下 |
[16:19] | I’m going to attempt to use | 我要去一下洗手间 |
[16:20] | the ladies’ room without touching anything. | 尽量什么都不碰 |
[16:35] | Look at this place! I never felt so conspicuous in my life. | 瞧这地方 我这辈子都没这么显眼过 |
[16:38] | You must simply try to blend in. | 你该努力融入这里 |
[16:44] | Fortunately, I haven’t shaved in several hours. | 所幸的是 我好几个小时都没剃胡子了 |
[16:47] | You should loosen your tie. | 松开你的领带吧 |
[16:49] | Yes, and you might try tucking in your watch fob. | 是哦 你也把你的表链收起来吧 |
[16:52] | That happens to be a Phi-Beta-Kappa key. | 这是PBK的钥匙 |
[16:54] | Oh, then by all means, let it dangle. | 那好吧 就让它随风摇晃吧 |
[16:55] | Perhaps they have a local chapter. | 可能这里还有地方分会呢 |
[17:01] | Actually, this is quite stimulating in a lower-depths sort of way. | 其实阴暗点讲 这儿还挺刺激的 |
[17:05] | And I’ve always been something of a squalor buff. | 我一直很痴迷肮脏的东西 |
[17:08] | The only problem is I don’t see Daphne or Jimmy. | 问题是我还没见到Daphne或者Jimmy |
[17:14] | Excuse me. | 你好 |
[17:23] | Has a young woman been in here this evening, | 今晚这里有没有一位年轻的女士 |
[17:24] | approximately five foot nine and three quarters | 约一米八 |
[17:26] | skin the colour of Devonshire cream | 肤白如德文郡奶油 |
[17:28] | and the sort of eyes that gaze directly into one’s soul | 眼神犀利直把人看透 |
[17:31] | with neither artifice nor evasion? | 真诚又直白 |
[17:37] | This would be an Englishwoman named Daphne. | 就是一个叫Daphne的英国女人 |
[17:39] | Oh, the one that came in with Jimmy. | 噢 跟Jimmy一起来的那个 |
[17:41] | Right. – She was over there shooting pool a minute ago. | 没错 – 她刚刚还在那边打台球 |
[17:44] | – I think she stepped in the back. – What happened to Jimmy? | – 她可能到后面去了 – Jimmy呢 |
[17:46] | He tried to get fresh with her. | 他对她有点无礼 |
[17:48] | She threw a hammerlock on him and ran him out of here. | 结果她扭着他胳膊把他赶出去了 |
[17:51] | – That babe can take care of herself. – I told you so. | – 妞挺有本事的 – 我早就说过了 |
[17:54] | And good riddance too. Guy was no good. | 赶得也漂亮 那不是个好人 |
[17:56] | I knew it the first time I saw him. You can always tell. | 我第一眼看到他就知道了 你们懂的 |
[18:00] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[18:04] | Come on Niles, we’ve taken our walk on the wild side, let’s get out of here. | 走吧Niles 我们已经在狂野边缘走了一趟 走吧 |
[18:06] | – What about Daphne? – Well come on, you heard what she did to Jimmy. | – Daphne怎么办 – 你也听到她干什么了吧 |
[18:09] | Think how mad she’ll be if she should find us here. | 想想她要发现我们在这 会有多生气 |
[18:11] | You’re right. Best make ourselves scarce. | 说得对 赶紧走吧 |
[18:13] | Oh, good lord, there she is. | 天啊 她来了 |
[18:15] | – Oh, I’m sorry. – What the hell are you doing? | – 噢 对不起 – 你干嘛呢 |
[18:18] | – I’m sorry, I was just trying to… – You made me miss that shot. | – 对不起 我刚想要 – 你害我没击中球 |
[18:21] | – I’m sorry. – I had 200 bucks riding on that shot. | – 对不起 – 我这个球押了200块钱 |
[18:24] | Really sorry. | 真心对不起 |
[18:27] | – Where do you think you’re going? – Ah, I’ll be back. | – 你想去哪 – 我会回来的 |
[18:30] | I was just going to put another quarter in the meter. | 我只是去续付一下停车费 |
[18:32] | The meters don’t run at night and neither do you. | 停车收费表今晚跑不了的 你也是 |
[18:36] | Oh, that was rather an amusing play on words, | 这双关用得真是太精彩了 |
[18:37] | you’re a regular George S. Kaufman | 您真是考夫曼再世啊 |
[18:39] | We must tell our friends about this. | 我们一定要广而告之 |
[18:42] | You owe me $200. | 你欠我200块 |
[18:43] | Oh well, I-I’d gladly pay you, but I don’t have that kind of cash on me. | 我想赔你的 但我没那么多现金在身上 |
[18:47] | Even if he did, it would be absurd to bring it into a place like this. | 就算他有 他也不会带来这种地方 |
[18:49] | You know, with the kind of element you might run into… | 谁知道会遇到哪种人 |
[18:52] | Niles! Maybe I could write you a check? | Niles 支票收吗 |
[18:54] | My element don’t take checks. | 我这种人不收支票 |
[18:57] | I think maybe we should take these guys outside, and wise them up. | 也许该把他们拖出去 长点记性 |
[19:00] | Oh, I don’t really think that’s necessary at all. | 噢 真的没必要这样做 |
[19:02] | Oh my goodness! What are you two doing here? | 我的老天爷啊 你们俩在这干什么 |
[19:05] | We might ask you the same thing. | 我们也想问你呢 |
[19:08] | This happens to be one of our favorite haunts. | 这儿是我们的据点之一 |
[19:12] | Actually, Maris and l had our rehearsal dinner here. | 而且吧 我和Maris彩排晚宴就在这儿办的 |
[19:16] | The place was different then, it was more of a garden room | 那时候和现在不一样 有点像花园房 |
[19:18] | and there was a trellis over there where the bar is… | 吧台那面原先还有个花架 |
[19:20] | Shut up, Niles. | 够了Niles |
[19:22] | You followed me, didn’t you? | 你们跟踪我 是吧 |
[19:23] | Oh Daphne, we were worried about you. | Daphne 我们担心你 |
[19:26] | Excuse me, lady. | 打断一下 女士 |
[19:27] | But it seems like your friends | 你朋友貌似 |
[19:28] | can’t seem to come up with the two hundred they owe me, | 还不了我200块钱 |
[19:31] | so I’m gonna have to uh- pardon my French – beat the crap out of them. | 所以我要 抱歉我要讲粗话了 把他们打得屁滚尿流 |
[19:35] | Listen, listen. I’m a psychiatrist. | 听着 我是精神科医生 |
[19:37] | Maybe we could talk this out in sessions. | 我们可以来个疗程解决一下 |
[19:38] | You know, it seems that you have some control issues… | 知道吗 你好像有点控制问题 |
[19:39] | – Outside! – Wait! | – 拉出去 – 等等 |
[19:42] | I have money. How would you like to go for double or nothing, sport? | 我有钱 想不想来个加倍定输赢 |
[19:46] | – On what? – Well, you look like a betting man. | – 赌什么 – 看起来你挺喜欢赌的 |
[19:51] | I’ll wager I can sink these five balls with a single shot. | 我赌自己一杆把这5个球打进袋 |
[19:56] | If I do, these boys are square. If I miss, you double your money. | 若我打进了 放了那两人 若打不进 你钱翻倍 |
[20:01] | Hey. I don’t mind taking your money, | 我是不介意拿你钱 |
[20:03] | but I was kinda looking forward to pulping this guy. | 但我挺有兴趣办了他的 |
[20:06] | Yeah, well, we won’t quibble. | 嗯 我们不会反悔的 |
[20:09] | If I miss, you can pulp him. Tell you what, I’m feeling generous tonight. | 我输了 他由着你办 我今儿感觉不错 慷慨一下 |
[20:14] | I’ll throw in the little one as well. | 小个儿的我也赌了 |
[20:15] | What did she mean by that,”Throw in the little one”? | 什么叫赌上小个儿的 |
[20:17] | And what in God’s name is pulping? | 还有到底什么叫”办” |
[20:21] | You’re on. | 成交 |
[20:24] | OK, but just to make sure this | 好吧 咱也不弄虚的 |
[20:26] | is on the up and up, let’s use six balls. | 打进六个球吧 |
[20:29] | Instead of sinking all five with one shot, | 不一杆打进五个 |
[20:33] | how about sinking all six? | 改成打进六个 |
[20:35] | Do that and I’ll forget the 200 bucks. | 都打进了 那200块钱就算了 |
[20:41] | Fair enough. | 很公平 |
[20:49] | Need a bit of chalk for me cue. | 给杆加点粉 |
[21:00] | Does it matter in what order I make them? | 进球顺序有要求吗 |
[21:03] | Daphne Daphne! | |
[21:05] | Hey, lady, if you make any of them, it’ll be a miracle. | 女士 无论你以什么顺序把球进了 都是个奇迹 |
[21:09] | Right. Well… Here goes nothing. | 好吧 不管那么多了 |
[21:48] | Run for it! | 快跑 |