时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Double cappuccino, half-caf, non-fat milk, | 特浓卡布奇诺 半咖啡因 脱脂牛奶 |
[00:10] | with just enough foam to be aesthetically pleasing. | 上面的泡沫要足够保证美观 |
[00:12] | But not so much that it leaves a moustache. | 但也不能多到会黏在脸上变成奶油胡子 |
[00:15] | Cinnamon or chocolate on that? | 加肉桂 还是加巧克力 |
[00:16] | Oh, they make this so complicated. Um, cinnamon. | 你们也弄得太复杂了 肉桂吧 |
[00:19] | – And you? – Well let me see, I think I’ll have the… | – 你呢 – 我看看 我要 |
[00:21] | – Oh Look, it’s Daphne! – Daphne! Daphne! | – 快看 是Daphne – Daphne Daphne |
[00:24] | Oh, hello! Thought I might run into you here. Oh please, sit, sit. | 你们好 我就知道你们也会在这 请坐下吧 |
[00:28] | I just stopped in for a bag of beans. We’re running low at home. | 我就是顺道来买点咖啡豆的 正好用完了 |
[00:31] | -Oh, well good. You know, I’d like… – I’d be happy to help. | – 好吧 你知道 我想要 – 有什么能为您效劳的么 |
[00:32] | Two pounds of… | 两磅的 |
[00:33] | Kenya blend. | 肯尼亚混合调制咖啡豆 |
[00:35] | – You remembered. – Hard to forget. | – 你还记得 – 我怎么会忘呢 |
[00:37] | Excuse me, you haven’t taken my order yet. | 不好意思 我还没有点单 |
[00:39] | Most people find that blend too intense. | 很多人觉得那款咖啡口味太重了 |
[00:41] | Not me, I like something that holds its body on me tongue. | 我可不会 我很喜欢能紧紧拥抱我的舌头的东西 |
[00:47] | Excuse me, we seem to have spilled something here. If you could just… | 不好意思 我们打翻了杯子 你能 |
[00:51] | I don’t suppose you would be interested in something robust, | 我真没料到你是喜欢生猛的类型 |
[00:53] | if it didn’t come on too strong? | 就怕你觉得过于重口 |
[00:56] | If it was a little bit sweet | 如果它伴有滋滋甘甜 |
[00:57] | I might take a liking to it. | 那么我就愿意细细品味 |
[00:59] | Would you like to step over to the counter and try my special blend? | 你想来吧台试试我独家调制的混合咖啡么 |
[01:02] | I’d love to. | 十分愿意 |
[01:05] | Oh, nothing for me, thanks! | 谢谢你没给我下单 |
[01:09] | Frasier, that man is hitting on our Daphne. | Frasier 这个家伙想打我们Daphne的主意 |
[01:11] | I don’t know how she stands it? | 我想不通她为何没反抗 |
[01:14] | Niles… look, apropos of nothing, how are things between you and Maris? | Niles 说到这个 你和Maris到底怎样了 |
[01:18] | Are you implying that | 你是在暗示说 |
[01:19] | my concern for Daphne’s welfare is anything less than pure? | 我对Daphne的关心目的不纯 |
[01:22] | I don’t know, you tell me. | 我可不知道 你说呢 |
[01:24] | Frasier,that’s your great shortcoming. | Frasier 这就是你最大的缺点 |
[01:26] | You’re always distrustful, you’re always suspicious. | 你总是捕风捉影 疑神疑鬼 |
[01:28] | Sometimes, you just have to have faith that people are… | 有时候 你必须信任周遭的人他们 |
[01:30] | all right! What’s he doing now? | 他现在又想干什么 |
[01:33] | – I believe he’s bagging her beans. – Oh! | – 他正在给她的咖啡豆装袋 – 噢 |
[01:37] | I’m so excited. | 我实在是太兴奋了 |
[01:38] | Eric over there is taking me to a club to hear his band tonight. | Eric今晚要带我去酒吧看他的乐队演出 |
[01:41] | Oh, I know it’s not a regular night off, | 我知道我今晚该工作的 |
[01:43] | but I’ll switch it with saturday if that’s ok with you. | 如果你愿意的话可以跟周六的假期调换一下 |
[01:45] | Oh, isn’t he lovely? I already have a nickname for him. | 他是不是很讨人喜欢 我已经给他起了个昵称 |
[01:48] | “Eric the Red”. It favours him, doesn’t it? | 就叫”红脸Eric” 他很喜欢这个称呼 |
[01:50] | Don’t you think he looks like a Viking? | 你们不觉得他像个维京人么 |
[01:52] | – Well…I – Well, ta-ta. | – 我觉得 – 好了 再见了 |
[01:54] | Oh, look at me. I forgot me beans. | 看看我的记性 我差点忘了我的咖啡豆 |
[01:57] | Earth to Daphne. | 我还是赶紧回火星吧 |
[02:01] | How could she like him? | 她怎么会喜欢那样的男人 |
[02:02] | The man has “community college” written all over him. | 他的脸上写满了”社区大学”这几个字 |
[02:06] | Niles, you know, this infatuation with Daphne is really getting out of hand. | Niles 你对Daphne的痴迷程度越来越严重了 |
[02:10] | I didn’t really mind when it was just a flirtation, | 如果你只是一时意乱情迷也没什么 |
[02:12] | but I can’t help thinking that there’s… | 但是现在我忍不住觉得 |
[02:15] | This is symptomatic of something wrong between you and Maris. | 是不是你和Maris的夫妻生活出了什么问题 |
[02:21] | – Well is it? – Oh, Frasier I can’t lie to you. | – 是么 – Frasier 我不能对你说谎 |
[02:24] | The truth is, Maris and I are in a bit of a rut. | 事实上 Maris和我进入了瓶颈 |
[02:28] | We seem to have lapsed into this grey, numbing blandness. | 我们似乎陷入了那种毫无情热可言的单调生活 |
[02:31] | Well, that’s perfectly normal in a relationship of some years. | 这对于相处了很多年的情侣来说应该是正常现象 |
[02:35] | Maybe you should try spicing things up a bit. | 或者你可以试着给生活来点情调 |
[02:38] | – You mean… boudoir-wise? – For starters, yeah. | – 你的意思是 闺房秘籍吗 – 一开始来说 是的 |
[02:42] | Like how? | 比如 |
[02:44] | Well… | 你看 |
[02:45] | The two of you could, uh… | 你们两个可以 |
[02:50] | Well, you could… | 你们可以 |
[02:52] | Well,it’s you and Maris, so you could… | 那可是你和Maris 所以你们可以 |
[02:57] | I’m stumped. | 我不知道了 |
[03:03] | Oh, hi, Roz, how are you? | 嗨Roz 你怎么样 |
[03:05] | Do you really wanna know how I am | 你是真想知道我到底怎么样 |
[03:06] | or you just making conversation? | 还是你只是没话找话说 |
[03:08] | Because if you really wanna know how I am, I’ll tell you. | 因为如果你是真的想知道我怎么样 我会告诉你的 |
[03:11] | Well, I was just making conversation. | 好吧 我只是在没话找话说 |
[03:13] | – But actually, Roz, there’s some advice I need. – About what? | – 事实上Roz 我需要你给我个建议 – 关于什么的 |
[03:17] | A subject in which you’re quite well versed –sex. | 一个关于你很精通的领域 性生活 |
[03:20] | How can I help you? | 我有什么可以帮到你的吗 |
[03:22] | What do you do when the romance goes out of a relationship? | 当两个人之间的浪漫激情消失的时候 你会怎么做 |
[03:26] | I get dressed and go home. | 那我就把衣服穿好然后拍屁股回家 |
[03:31] | All right, let’s assume for a moment that | 那让我们暂时先假设一下 |
[03:32] | you are capable of a long-term relationship. | 你可以维持一段长期恋情好了 |
[03:34] | What would you do to keep things cooking? | 为了让激情长存你会怎么做 |
[03:37] | Well, once I had a boyfriend take me out to a bar, | 曾今我的某一任男友带我去酒吧玩 |
[03:39] | And we pretended we were strangers | 然后我们假装彼此不认识 |
[03:41] | picking each other up. Actually that was kind of hot. | 然后互相搭讪 那样挺带感的 |
[03:46] | So you used, like, fantasy/role-playing? | 所以你会来点幻想 角色扮演啥的吗 |
[03:48] | Yeah,as a matter of fact, we had so much fun, | 没错 事实上因为感觉不错 |
[03:50] | we tried it again. | 我们就又试了一次 |
[03:52] | Only the next time, he got so into it, | 只是这一次他入戏太深 |
[03:54] | he went home with another woman. | 带了另外一个女人回家 |
[03:57] | – I’m sorry. – Oh hell, she was gorgeous. | – 很抱歉 – 别介 她可性感了 |
[03:59] | One more drink, I’d have gone home with her. | 再多喝一点 我也会忍不住带她回家的 |
[04:02] | My point is that women need to see the men they make love | 我要说的是女人需要她们的做爱对象 |
[04:05] | to as exciting, romantic figures. | 是一个集激情和浪漫于一身的男人 |
[04:08] | So I say if you want to keep this woman interested, | 所以如果你想让一个女人性趣盎然 |
[04:11] | try creating a fantasy for an evening. | 你就要试着创造点惊喜出来 |
[04:14] | Personally, I think you’d make a very sexy gladiator. | 我个人是觉得 你扮成角斗士一定会非常性感 |
[04:17] | Roz, this is not for me. It’s for my brother Niles. | Roz 我问这些不是为我自己 是为了我弟弟Niles |
[04:20] | Oh well, in that case, make it a gladiola. | 这样的话 扮成女角斗士好了 |
[04:35] | Niles Niles Niles! Niles! | |
[04:37] | I’m sorry, Frasier, but something horrible has happened. | 我很抱歉 Frasier 但是发生了很可怕的事 |
[04:39] | Maris kicked me out. | Maris把我赶出来了 |
[04:42] | Dear God, why? What for? | 老天啊 为什么 |
[04:56] | – Oh, my! – What’s going on out there? Niles? | – 我的天 – 发生了什么 Niles |
[04:59] | Hello, Dad. | 晚上好 老爸 |
[05:04] | – I don’t mind, I don’t wanna know. – No, Dad, wait. | – 算了 我不想知道 – 不 老爸等等 |
[05:07] | There’s a perfectly reasonable explanation for the way I’m dress. | 对于我这一身打扮我有个完全合理的解释 |
[05:10] | All right, just keep in mind | 好了 你说吧 |
[05:11] | but I reserve the right to say “Stop” at any time. | 但我要有权在任何时候叫你立马闭嘴 |
[05:14] | Well, my plan was to leave a treasure map downstairs for Maris | 我的原计划是在楼下留一张藏宝图给Maris |
[05:17] | with clues that will lead her to my whereabouts. | 留下通向我的藏身之处的线索 |
[05:20] | Then I’d hide in the linen closet and wait for her to find me. | 之后我就躲在了衣橱里等着她来找我 |
[05:24] | Dressed like that? | 穿成这样 |
[05:26] | Actually, no. At the time, I was wearing only my eye patch. | 事实上 不是的 当时我只穿了个眼罩 |
[05:32] | Although, technically is it still an eye-patch | 但是我不确定这玩意能不能被称作眼罩 |
[05:34] | if you’re wearing it on your-? | 当我把它戴在 |
[05:35] | Stop! | 停 |
[05:41] | There I was – ooh- lie and wait with | 我就在那 躺平等着她来 |
[05:43] | my little plastic knife clinch between my teeth. | 嘴里还咬着这把塑料小刀 |
[05:46] | When suddenly the closet door was flung open | 然后突然之间衣橱门被打开了 |
[05:48] | and I found myself face to face with the upstairs maid. | 我就这么赤身裸体的和楼上的女佣面面相觑 |
[05:53] | She began screaming what I gather | 她惊声尖叫了起来 因为我这一身打扮 |
[05:55] | were some very unflattering things in idiomatic Guatemalan. | 在危地马拉人的眼中是十分龌龊不堪的 |
[06:00] | When Maris stumbled upon the scene and compeletly misconstrued it, | Maris看到了这一幕后完全误会了 |
[06:03] | next thing I knew, she ordered me out of the house. | 然后她叫我立马滚出家门 |
[06:06] | I barely had time to grab my pantaloons and buckle my swash. | 我只来得及抓起灯笼马裤 系上小腰带 |
[06:14] | Dad! Dad, it’s not funny. | 老爸 老爸 这并不好笑好么 |
[06:17] | Where did you come up with such stupid idea? | 你究竟是从哪想到玩这么愚蠢的一出的 |
[06:20] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[06:22] | All I suggested was some sexual role-playing. | 我只不过建议里来点情趣的角色扮演而已 |
[06:24] | You are the one came up with pirates of the Caribbean. | 是你自己决定搞什么加勒比海盗的 |
[06:28] | Oh, I’ve really bungled it this time, haven’t l? | 我这次可算彻底搞砸了 不是么 |
[06:31] | Oh come on, these things happen. | 没事的 这种事常有发生 |
[06:33] | Look, why don’t you stay here tonight with us | 为什么今晚你不如就先住我们这 |
[06:35] | and tomorrow moring you and Maris can sort things out? | 明天早上你再和Maris和解就行了 |
[06:38] | What if we don’t? What’ll I do then? | 如果我们解决不了 那该怎么办 |
[06:40] | Well, I suppose | 我觉得那不管怎么说 |
[06:40] | they could always use an extra busboy at the “Jolly Roger”! | 海盗船上总归还是需要打杂的跑腿工的 |
[06:45] | I’ll never be able to face the maid again. | 我将再无颜面直视那个女仆了 |
[06:47] | I don’t think it’s your face she’ll remember. | 我认为她记住的可不是你的脸 |
[06:52] | Oh come on, Niles. | 没事的 Niles |
[06:53] | Everybody has an embarrassing story to tell. | 谁都有个不堪回首的黑历史的 |
[06:56] | Did I ever tell you about the time | 我告诉过你我曾今 |
[06:57] | that I got locked outside in the backyard in my underwear? | 只穿了小内内然后被锁在了后院的事么 |
[06:59] | – Only every Thanksgiving. – Well, don’t worry, | – 每个感恩节都要说一遍 – 放心吧 |
[07:02] | I won’t be telling that story this year. | 今年我有别的故事可说了 |
[07:06] | Here we are. Canadian goose down pillow, Egyptian cotton sheet, | 好了 一个加拿大鹅绒枕头 埃及棉的被单 |
[07:11] | and a nice vicuna throw | 为了防止半夜你会冷 |
[07:12] | in case you get a little chilly during the night. | 我还准备了一块驼毛绒毯 |
[07:14] | Oh, perfect. | 太棒了 |
[07:15] | I still say a couple of years in the service | 我还是坚持认为 |
[07:16] | would have done you boys a world of good. | 你们俩能在军队里待几年会好很多 |
[07:19] | – Good night! – Good night. | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[07:22] | You kno, Frasier, Maris and I have had our difficulties before, | 你知道么 Frasier 我和Maris之前也遇到过瓶颈 |
[07:26] | but never anything this serious. | 但是从不像这次这么严重 |
[07:29] | I really feel terrible having her mad at me. | 她这么生气我真的觉得很糟糕 |
[07:31] | It’s times like this I wish I knew how to cry. | 真希望我知道怎么哭 |
[07:33] | – Oh, don’t be embarrassed on my account, Niles. – No, it’s not that. | – 你在我面前不必尴尬 Niles – 不是因为这个 |
[07:37] | I’m just not someone who cries. It’s not in my nature. | 只是我并不是会哭的人 天生如此 |
[07:40] | When Maris’ uncle Lyle died, I had to shut my hand in the car door | Maris的叔叔去世的时候 我不得不用车门夹手 |
[07:43] | just to make a decent showing at the funeral. | 才能表达出对葬礼的尊重 |
[07:48] | You’re a complex little pirate, aren’t you? | 你可真是个内心复杂的小海盗 |
[07:53] | – Well, good night, Niles. – Good night. | – 晚安了 Niles – 晚安 |
[08:09] | Well, thank you again, Eric. I had a wonderful time. | 谢谢你 Eric 我今晚过得很愉快 |
[08:13] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[08:18] | – Well, good night. – Good night. | – 好了 晚安了 – 晚安 |
[08:37] | I know we’ve only had a few dates | 我知道我们才约了几次会 |
[08:39] | but I’m already exhibiting | 但是我早已经呈现出了 |
[08:41] | the three signs of women in love. | 热恋中的女人的三种特征 |
[08:43] | I can’t stop thinking about him. | 我无法停止想他 |
[08:45] | I can’t eat and I bought myself all new underwear. | 我茶饭不思 而且我还给自己买了全新的小内内 |
[08:51] | We got to get her a girlfriend to talk to. | 我们得给她找个女朋友来聊天 |
[08:58] | I just get off the phone with Maris. | 我刚刚和Maris通了电话 |
[08:59] | She’s in Arizona for the weekend. | 她在亚利桑那州度周末 |
[09:01] | – Why? – Well, she said she was so shattered by the experience, | – 为什么 – 她说觉得太震撼 |
[09:05] | she had to fly to her favourite SPA | 所以要飞去最爱的SPA |
[09:06] | to contemplate the future of our marriage from a mud bath. | 来场泥浴仔细考虑一下我们婚姻的未来 |
[09:09] | Well, it’ll probably be good for Mrs. Crane. | 也许这对Crane太太十分有好处 |
[09:13] | Eric thinks the earth is very grounding. | Eric认为泥土让人踏实 |
[09:15] | Eric, Eric,Eric! Must everything always be about Eric?! | Eric Eric Eric 能不提Eric吗 |
[09:24] | Niles. May I suggest that when Maris returns, | Niles 我建议等她回来之后 |
[09:25] | you both invest some time in some intensive couples’ therapy… | 你们可以参加下夫妻心理咨询 |
[09:28] | There’s a Reichian group… | 有个Reichian小组 |
[09:29] | Oh, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. | 全是废话 |
[09:34] | Look, all Maris needs to know is you love her. | Maris只需要知道你爱她 |
[09:36] | Buy her some flowers. | 给她买束花 |
[09:37] | Fix her a nice romantic dinner when she gets home | 等她回家的时候给她煮顿浪漫晚餐 |
[09:40] | That’s enough to make any woman forgive you. | 这就足够让任何女人原谅你了 |
[09:42] | You really think that will work? | 你真的认为这样会管用 |
[09:43] | If it didn’t, you wouldn’t be here. | 如果不管用的话 就没有你了 |
[09:49] | Well, I’ll be willing to try, | 我很愿意一试 |
[09:51] | but it’s impossible, | 但是行不通 |
[09:52] | our cook walked out in sympathy with Maris. | 我们的厨师抱着同情跟Maris一起出走了 |
[09:54] | Well, I could help you prepare something. I have a late date with Eric… | 我可以帮你准备晚餐 我晚上约了Eric |
[09:59] | …ca, an elderly Aunt Erica, | ca 老姨妈Erica |
[10:02] | But I could come over early and have | 但是我可以早点去你那 |
[10:04] | everything ready by the time Mrs. Crane arrives. | 在Crane太太回来前准备好 |
[10:07] | Well, thank you, Daphne. | 那就谢谢了 Daphne |
[10:10] | Now, what do you think Mrs. Crane would like for dinner? | 那你觉得Crane太太喜欢吃什么 |
[10:12] | Oh, you have free reign. | 什么都可以 |
[10:14] | Just bear in mind she can’t have shellfish, | 只要记住她不能吃贝壳类 |
[10:16] | poultry, red meat, saturated fats, nitrates, | 家禽类 牛羊肉 肥肉 以及加了碘盐的 |
[10:19] | wheat, starch, sulphites, MSG | 小麦 淀粉 加了亚硫酸食用盐或味精的 乳制品也不行 |
[10:22] | or dairy. | 乳制品也不行 |
[10:25] | – Did I say nuts? – Oh, I think that’s implied. | – 我说了坚果了么 – 我认为你已经暗示了 |
[10:51] | Come in Daphne and, warm yourself by the fire. | 快进来Daphne 去火炉边暖和一下 |
[10:54] | How did you get so wet? | 你怎么这么湿 |
[10:56] | One of your trees blew down in your drive way. | 一颗树倒在了你的车道上 |
[10:58] | – I had to walk the last 100 yards. – Oh. | – 害得我必须步行那剩下的100码路程 – 哦 |
[11:01] | I must say, you have a beautiful home. | 我不得不说你的家可真漂亮啊 |
[11:04] | Oh, well thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:05] | Actually it was in Maris’ family for four generations. | 事实上这房子是Maris家族的 整整四代 |
[11:08] | When I was an mere intern, | 当我还是个实习生的时候 |
[11:09] | I used to drive through these hills, | 我曾今开车驶过这个山庄 |
[11:10] | never dreaming that | 但我做梦也没想到 |
[11:11] | one day I’d live in one of these great mansions. | 有一天我可以住在这个豪宅里 |
[11:15] | Then one afternoon, there was Maris, looking so helpless, | 结果某个下午 Maris 看上去相当无助 |
[11:18] | banging on the electric gates | 砰砰的捶着那扇电门 |
[11:19] | with her little fists and a tire iron. | 用她的小小拳头 和轮胎撬 |
[11:22] | They’d locked her in? | 他们把她锁在里面 |
[11:23] | No, no, that was much later. | 不 不 那是很后面的事了 |
[11:27] | No, this time she was returning from the antique mart, | 这次是因为她从一个古董拍卖集会上 |
[11:30] | with a rare bell jar once | 带回来一个非常稀有的钟罩 |
[11:31] | owned by Sylvia Plath, when the gates failed to open, | Sylvia Plath的 当时门打不开了 |
[11:35] | Naturally, I stopped to offered my assistance. | 理所当然的 我就上前去帮了她一把 |
[11:38] | And as our hands touched, | 当我们的双手彼此触碰的那一刻 |
[11:39] | there was a sudden spark of electricity, | 一股电流充满了我们全身 |
[11:42] | and, as if by magic, the gates parted before us. | 就如同魔法一般 那扇门打开了 |
[11:45] | – And we took it as a sign. | 我们把它当做上天的指示 |
[11:46] | You knew you were meant to be together. | 那一刻你们就知道你们是命中注定的 |
[11:48] | Yes. We were married just three short years later. | 是的 短短三年之后我们就结婚了 |
[11:53] | Look at this. It’s beautiful. | 看看这个 可真好看 |
[11:56] | It’s a glockenspiel. | 这是一个钟琴 |
[11:57] | We bought it on our honeymoon in Zurich. | 我们在苏黎世度蜜月的时候买的 |
[11:59] | I brought it down from the attic | 我把它从阁楼上拿了下来 |
[12:00] | to remind Maris of better times. | 好让Maris回忆起那些美好时光 |
[12:02] | It used to play beautiful music | 它曾经可以奏起优美的乐曲 |
[12:04] | and now it doesn’t. How’s that for irony? | 现在不行了 真讽刺啊 |
[12:08] | Well, let’s get you into some dry clothes, so you can | 给你找些干衣服 这样你就可以 |
[12:11] | get started on dinner | 开始做晚饭了 |
[12:12] | and we can get you home in time for your date. | 也不会耽误你晚上的约会 |
[12:18] | Daphne Daphne? | |
[12:22] | – What is it? – Nothing. | – 怎么了 – 没事 |
[12:25] | No, no. It’s definately something. | 不可能 一定是有什么事 |
[12:26] | I’m a psychiatrist, I can read the signs. | 我可是心理医生 我能看出来 |
[12:29] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:31] | I didn’t want to spoil your reunion with Mrs. Crane, | 我并不想破坏了你和Crane太太的重聚 |
[12:33] | but…Eric broke up with me. | 但是 Eric和我分手了 |
[12:38] | – He did? – Yes. | – 他和你分了 – 是的 |
[12:40] | He said he couldn’t commit to me and his music. | 他说他不能同时专注于我和音乐 |
[12:43] | He had to stay focused. I know it was an excuse. | 他必须全情投入 我知道这是个借口 |
[12:47] | I’ve heard his music. | 我可听过他的歌 |
[12:51] | – He must have another girl. – Oh… Oh, oh, oh! | – 他一定是有了别的女人 – 噢 |
[12:57] | Well, he’s a fool, Daphne. If he can’t appreciate you | Daphne 他是个傻瓜 如果他不能好好珍惜你 |
[13:00] | then you’re better off without him. | 那么你离开他更好 |
[13:02] | Right now, I’m not so sure, | 我也不确定是否如此 |
[13:04] | but thank you, Dr. Crane. | 但是谢谢你了 Crane医生 |
[13:13] | Niles Crane. Oh, Maris! | Niles Crane 噢 Maris |
[13:17] | Where…where are you? | 你在哪 |
[13:20] | What do you mean you can’t come home? | 你说你不能赶回来是什么意思 |
[13:23] | Well, it’s not that bad a storm. | 这暴雨也没多大啊 |
[13:28] | Oh, Maris, I really think you should come home. | Maris 我真的觉得你应该回家 |
[13:36] | No, well, of course. I don’t want you travelling if it’s not safe. | 我当然不希望你冒着危险赶回来 |
[13:40] | Yes yes, I understand. I’ll see you tomorrow. | 是的 我明白了 那我们还是明天再见吧 |
[13:47] | Well… Seems like it’s just the two of us. | 看来只剩我们俩了 |
[13:50] | You mean, Mrs. Crane won’t be coming? | 你是说Crane太太今晚不会回来 |
[13:58] | Oh my, there goes the electricity! | 天哪 断电了 |
[14:01] | What do we do now? | 我们该怎么办 |
[14:11] | No, the storm’s really bad. You shouldn’t be driving in it anyway. | 不行 狂风暴雨的 你无论如何都不该开车 |
[14:15] | No, you just spend the night there. Right, goodnight, Daphne. | 你就在那里过夜吧 晚安了 Daphne |
[14:20] | You told her to spend the night? | 你让她今晚就在那过夜了 |
[14:21] | Yeah, what’s the problem? | 是的 有什么问题么 |
[14:23] | Well, you know how Niles feels about her. | 你知道Niles对她有好感的吧 |
[14:25] | Oh, relax. It’s just one of Niles’s little crushes. | 放心吧 这肯定只是Niles的一时迷恋 |
[14:29] | Oh, I suppose you’re right. Niles is harmless enough. | 我想你说得对 Niles足够人畜无害的 |
[14:31] | Besides he’d never try anything with Maris in the house. | 再说 Maris在家他也不会乱来 |
[14:33] | Oh, Maris never made it back. She’s stuck in Arizona. | Maris没能回去 她被困在了亚利桑那 |
[14:35] | – I got to get Daphne out of there! – Why? | – 我得把Daphne接回来 – 为什么 |
[14:38] | God! It’s a recipe for disaster. | 天哪 这会酿成灾难的 |
[14:40] | You’ve got a vulnerable woman and an unstable man | 一个脆弱不堪的女人和一个无法自控的男人 |
[14:42] | in a gothic mansion on a rainy night! | 雨夜单独呆在一幢哥特式豪宅里 |
[14:44] | The only thing missing is someone | 就差有人穿越荒地 |
[14:45] | shouting “Heathcliff!” across the moors! | 高呼”Heathcliff”了 |
[14:47] | – Wait for me! – Oh, dad, you’re not coming. | – 等等我 – 不 老爸你别去 |
[14:49] | – Yes, I am. – No, you’re not. | – 不 我就要去 – 不 你不能去 |
[15:02] | – Oh, Dr. Crane, you play beautifully. – Thank you. | – Crane医生 你弹得真好 – 谢谢 |
[15:17] | I found this in your upstairs guest room. | 我在楼上的客房里找到了这衣服 |
[15:18] | I hope it’s all right. | 我可以穿吧 |
[15:20] | I-I thought you were going to put on some of Maris’s clothes. | 我以为你会穿Maris的衣服 |
[15:23] | You know, something bulky from her wool collection. | 宽松的羊毛毛衣之类的 |
[15:26] | Well yeah, I was. But, she’s quite a bit smaller than me. | 我是这么打算的 但是她比我瘦一点 |
[15:30] | This was all I could find that fit. | 这是我能找到的唯一一件合身的 |
[15:32] | – Should I go look for something else? – No… Yes. | – 我该去找件别的来穿么 – 不 是的 |
[15:35] | No, oh, no… | 不 别 |
[15:37] | Ooh! | 噢 |
[15:40] | No. The important thing is that it’s big enough. | 不 关键是要合身 |
[15:43] | And…warm enough. And… | 还要暖和 以及 |
[15:47] | …silky enough. And… | 柔滑 还有 |
[15:51] | I have to make a phone call. | 我得去打个电话 |
[16:01] | “Hello, this is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 你好 这是Frasier Crane医生 |
[16:04] | I’m listening.” | 您请讲 |
[16:07] | Frasier Frasier “Frasier, Frasier?” | |
[16:10] | “I’m having a little crisis here. Actually a large crisis. | 我这里有个小危机 事实上是个大的危机 |
[16:13] | It’s no time to screen calls. Damn!’ | 这不是过滤电话的时候 该死 |
[16:20] | – This is stupid. – It is not. | – 这么做太蠢了 – 并不是 |
[16:22] | Look, nothing’s going to happen between them anyway. | 他们两个之间不会发生什么的 |
[16:24] | What if it does? | 如果发生了怎么办 |
[16:25] | He’s my brother, and he loves his wife. | 他是我弟弟 而且他深爱着他的妻子 |
[16:27] | Now, now, I know, I know their marriage is not exactly everyone’s cup of tea. | 我知道不是所有人都看好他们的婚姻 |
[16:31] | But on some twisted, bizarre level, it seems to work for them. | 从某个扭曲的角度看来 他们过得不错 |
[16:35] | If Niles did something to hurt his marriage, | 如果Niles破坏了这段婚姻 |
[16:36] | well, he’d be the one suffer. | 他会因此饱受折磨的 |
[16:37] | I’m his brother, I won’t let him suffer. | 我是他哥 我不会让他受折磨 |
[16:39] | Hey, slow down! You’re going to miss the turn onto Roosevelt. | 慢一点 你会错过去罗斯福路的拐弯 |
[16:41] | Dad,I allow you to come along strictly on the agreement | 老爸 我让你来是 |
[16:44] | that you would not give directions. | 是因为你答应不会乱指方向 |
[16:45] | I’m not give directions, | 我才没有乱指方向 |
[16:46] | I’m just telling you which way is faster. | 我只是在说哪条路更快一点 |
[16:47] | Roosevelt will add ten minutes. | 走罗斯福路的话会多花掉十分钟 |
[16:49] | In sunshine, in rain it’s faster. | 那是在大晴天 在雨天的时候 那条路更快一点 |
[16:51] | Oh what, spatial relationships change when it rains?! | 空间距离难道会因为下雨就变了么 |
[16:53] | No, you’ve just | 不 只不过在下雨天 |
[16:54] | got better traction on Roosevelt. | 罗斯福路会让轮胎的抓地力更好一点 |
[16:56] | Of course, you wouldn’t have to worry about | 如果你能听我的买个全天候轮胎 |
[16:57] | that if you had all-weather tires like I told you, | 我们就不必担心这个问题了 |
[16:59] | – Come on! – But no, you gotta have the fancy German thing…… | – 得了吧 – 而你非要买这个什么德国货 |
[17:05] | We’d better make this last. | 希望这些木头足够了 |
[17:06] | This is all that’s left of the wood. | 因为只剩下这么多了 |
[17:10] | Oh, No. Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[17:12] | If this runs out, there’s an | 如果这些木头用完了 |
[17:13] | antique sideboard in the drawing room that I think is reproduction. | 客厅里还有些古董餐具柜 可以循环再用 |
[17:18] | Oh, it’s Eric, isn’t it? | 是在为Eric伤心吗 |
[17:22] | I don’t know why I’m being so silly. | 我不知道我什么会如此愚蠢 |
[17:24] | We weren’t together long enough for anything to really happen. | 我们相处的时间太短 还不够投入 |
[17:29] | Sometimes most powerful feelings | 有时候最激烈的感情 |
[17:30] | can come from the promise of what might happen. | 可以来自对未来的期盼 |
[17:32] | Just the anticipation is enough to make all | 这种期许就足够 |
[17:34] | the little hairs on your neck stand on end. | 让你起鸡皮疙瘩 |
[17:41] | – Dr. Crane! – Yes? Daphne! | – Crane医生 – 我在 Daphne |
[17:43] | – We’re losing the fire. – No, we’re not. | – 我们的火就快要灭了 – 不 我们没有 |
[17:45] | It’s burning with the heat of a thousand suns! | 它正如炎炎烈日般熊熊燃烧 |
[17:50] | But it’s down to its last embers! | 但是它只剩最后一点小火苗了 |
[17:53] | Well, then, I’ll put some wood on it. | 那我来给它加些柴火 |
[17:56] | You flooded it. | 车进水了 |
[17:57] | You had to keep pumping gas and now you flooded it. | 你一直踩油门它就进水了 |
[17:59] | Dad, you cannot flood a fuel-injected engine. | 靠喷油助燃的引擎是不会进水的 |
[18:02] | Oh, this is so maddening. | 太神经了 |
[18:03] | We’re so close to the house, | 离他的房子已经这么近了 |
[18:04] | I can see the gargoyles. | 我都能看见那些滴水兽了 |
[18:07] | If we’d have taken Roosevelt… | 如果我们走了罗斯福路的话 |
[18:08] | We’d be stuck on Roosevelt. | 那我们就会被卡在那 |
[18:09] | You never gonna admit it when you made a mistake, could you? | 你为什么每次犯了错都不能承认呢 |
[18:11] | – That is it! | – 我受够了 |
[18:12] | Just call the auto club, | 你去给汽车中心打电话 |
[18:14] | I’m gonna make a dash for it. | 我还是跑过去好了 |
[18:17] | You’ll make better time if you take the shortcut by the side of the fountain | 你想抄近路的话要走喷泉旁边的那条 |
[18:21] | Well, same to you! | 好吧 去你的 |
[18:25] | I suppose I just fall in love too fast. | 应该是我太容易就爱上别人了 |
[18:29] | The minute I feel that spark I just give my heart away. | 我一感觉到有火花就全身心投入 |
[18:33] | Daphne, you must stop being so hard on yourself. | Daphne 你必须停止自怨自艾了 |
[18:37] | What you see as a fault is also your greatest gift – | 你自认为的缺点也是你身上最为珍贵的地方 |
[18:40] | to be so open and warm and loving. | 让你如此温暖人心 充满关爱 |
[18:44] | You’re so kind, Dr. Crane. | Crane医生 你可真是个好人 |
[18:47] | I’m glad we ended up like this tonight. | 真高兴今晚是这么个结局 |
[18:50] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[18:53] | It’s just so nice to be with a man you feel so comfortable with. | 能跟让你觉得这么舒服的男人在一起真是太好了 |
[18:58] | I feel very close to you. | 我感到和你很亲近 |
[19:01] | I feel very close to you too, Daphne. | 我也感觉和你很亲近 Daphne |
[19:05] | You know it’s easy being someone you feel close to, | 能让你觉得如此亲近很容易 |
[19:07] | when you feel close to someone who’s so…close. | 是因为你觉得一个离你如此亲近的人很亲近 |
[19:21] | Dr. Crane, your glockenspiel has sprung to life. | Crane医生 你的钟琴焕发了勃勃生机了 |
[19:32] | Oh, the clock! | 噢 那个钟 |
[19:37] | My God, it hasn’t run like this in years! | 上帝啊 它好多年不能动了 |
[19:40] | Maris will be delighted! | Maris会非常高兴的 |
[19:46] | Maris Maris! | |
[19:50] | You really love her, don’t you? | 你是真心深爱着她的 不是么 |
[19:53] | You know, I do. | 我确实是 |
[19:58] | Love’s a funny thing, isn’t it? | 爱可真是一件奇妙的事 不是么 |
[20:00] | Sometimes it’s exciting, passionate. | 有时候令人兴奋 充满激情 |
[20:02] | Sometimes it’s something else. | 有时候又不是 |
[20:05] | Something comfortable and familiar. | 是一种会让人放心和熟悉的感觉 |
[20:09] | That newly-exfoliated little face | 一张刚清洁完的小脸蛋 |
[20:11] | staring up at you from across the breakfast table. | 在早餐桌的对面与你对视 |
[20:15] | Sharing a laugh together when you | 当你看到有人在劳动日穿了一身白之后 |
[20:17] | see someone wearing white after Labour Day. | 相对会心一笑 |
[20:22] | I hope some day, some man will feel that way about me. | 我希望有一天 有人会这样爱我 |
[20:25] | Oh! Daphne, don’t worry. | Daphne 不用担心 |
[20:28] | You are a very special person. | 你是如此的特别 |
[20:31] | And some day a man worthy of you will come along. | 某天那个值得拥有你的男人会出现的 |
[20:35] | Just as soon as the gods create him. | 只要上帝创造了他就行 |
[20:38] | That’s the loveliest thing anyone’s ever said to me. | 这是我听过最动听的话了 |
[20:42] | Thank you. Dr. Crane, You’re a good friend. | 谢谢你 Crane医生 你可真是一个好朋友 |
[20:47] | Stop!!! Stop!!! | 停下 快停下 |
[20:54] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[20:58] | My God, have you two gone mad?! | 天啊 你们两个疯了么 |
[20:59] | You’ll regret this for the rest of your life. | 你们会为此后悔余生的 |
[21:00] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[21:02] | Well, the two of you here alone. | 你们两个孤男寡女共处一室 |
[21:03] | The fire, the candlelight, the nightie! | 炉火 烛光 睡衣 |
[21:07] | Dr. Crane, you didn’t think that Dr. Crane and I… were | Crane医生 你不会觉得我会和他 |
[21:11] | Dr. Crane! You have some nerve | Crane医生 你怎么敢 |
[21:14] | to imply that your brother would do anything so deplorable!! | 居然暗示你的弟弟会对我图谋不轨 |
[21:18] | Why, just moments ago, he made a beautiful speech | 就在刚才 他还说了感人至深的话 |
[21:21] | about how much he loves his wife. | 他是多么爱他妻子 |
[21:23] | How he cherishes her excruciating little face. | 他有多么爱他妻子那张扭曲的脸 |
[21:27] | And how they laugh at white people. | 以及他们是如何嘲笑白人 |
[21:32] | – That didn’t sound right. – Close enough. | – 听起来不大对啊 – 差不多了 |
[21:36] | I’m sorry. Daphne, | 对不起 Daphne |
[21:36] | I didn’t mean to suggest that… I wasn’t trying to imply that… | 我并不是觉得 我没有暗示 |
[21:39] | Well then just exactly what was it you wanted us to stop doing? | 那么你千辛万苦跑来是为什么呢 |
[21:44] | I wanted you to stop…uh… | 我想你们继续这样 |
[21:46] | standing here in silence! A night like this calls for music! | 相对无言 这样的夜晚该来点音乐才对 |
[21:49] | Daphne, please, some wine for all of us. | Daphne 让我们来把酒言欢 |
[21:51] | Niles, join me at the piano, please. | Niles 你能和我共奏一曲么 |
[21:57] | – Are you sure everything’s all right? – Absolutely. | – 你确定一切安好 – 当然 |
[22:00] | Frasier, my glockenspiel is working again. | Frasier 我的钟琴又能工作了 |
[22:08] | Shall we? | 那让我们开始吧 |