时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Hello, Rachel. I’m listening. | 你好 Rachel 您请讲 |
[00:09] | Oh, Thanks for taking my call, Dr. Crane. | 谢谢您接听我的电话 Crane医生 |
[00:11] | I’m involved in sort of a strange love triangle. | 我陷入了一段奇怪的三角恋 |
[00:15] | Oh Goody, this is sweeps week! | 太好了 收听率涨定了 |
[00:17] | See, I recently married a widower. | 我最近和一位鳏夫结婚了 |
[00:19] | Now Phil is a real good man, he’s a kind man. | Phil是个好人 为人和善 |
[00:23] | But there’s just one little problem. | 但是有个小问题 |
[00:25] | He insists on keeping an urn with his late wife’s ashes | 他坚持要把他前妻的骨灰盒 |
[00:29] | on the dresser in our bedroom. | 放在我们卧室的梳妆台上 |
[00:32] | That is a definite “Yikes”. | 简直毛骨悚然 |
[00:34] | I knew that wasn’t normal! | 我就说这不正常吧 |
[00:35] | He says it is, but I knew… | 他说这没什么大不了 但我就知道 |
[00:37] | All right, Rachel, Rachel, now listen, | Rachel Rachel 听着 |
[00:39] | before you go off half-cocked, | 在你还没掌握事情真相前 |
[00:40] | let’s try to remember, | 我想提醒你 |
[00:41] | this is a very sensitive issue for your husband. | 这事对你丈夫来说很微妙 |
[00:44] | Those ashes obvious means a great deal to him. | 显然那骨灰对他来说很重要 |
[00:46] | Although I don’t believe it’s appropriate to keep them in the bedroom, | 虽然我也觉得放在卧室里不合适 |
[00:50] | I suppose you could maybe move them to another room. | 也许你可以把它挪到别的房间去 |
[00:52] | Well, maybe I could try that. Maybe I’ll move them into the guest room. | 可以试试 也许可以搬到客房去 |
[00:57] | Oops! | 糟糕 |
[01:01] | Rachel, What happened? | Rachel 怎么了 |
[01:03] | Oh, nothing. I’d better run, Dr Crane. | 没什么 我得挂了 Crane医生 |
[01:06] | I’ve got some vacuuming to do. | 我得去吸尘了 |
[01:10] | Well, as Rachel helps Phil’s first wife off the floor, | 在Rachel把Phil的前妻从地上吸起来的时候 |
[01:15] | We have reach the end of our second hour. | 已经到了节目第二个小时的尾声 |
[01:17] | We’re right back after the news. | 新闻后马上回来 |
[01:18] | Oh, please join me again, Frasier Crane, | 请继续收听我们的节目 Frasier Crane |
[01:20] | and my invaluable producer… | 还有我珍贵至极的制作人 |
[01:24] | …uh…uh… | 呃 呃 |
[01:28] | – Roz – Roz – Roz! – Roz. | |
[01:34] | KACL talk radio, 780AM. | KACL电台 780AM |
[01:40] | Roz, I’m so sorry! | Roz 实在是太抱歉了 |
[01:42] | Your name was right there in front of me, I just couldn’t put my finger on it! | 你名字就在嘴边了 就是一时想不起来 |
[01:46] | Forget about it. I already have. | 别放心上 我就无所谓 |
[01:48] | It’s been happening to me a lot lately. | 最近老是这样 |
[01:50] | Last night I walked into the kitchen, | 昨天晚上我走到厨房 |
[01:52] | and I just stood there, I couldn’t remember what I’ve gone in there for. | 在那儿站了半天 就是想不起来我去厨房干嘛 |
[01:55] | – Don’t make yourself crazy over it. It’s completely normal. – OK. | – 别钻牛角尖啦 这很正常 – 好吧 |
[01:58] | Oh, by the way, your hairstylist called to confirmed your appointment. | 对了 你的发型师打电话来确认你的预约 |
[02:01] | My appointment with Tim. I don’t remember that. | 我有约好Tim吗 我怎么不记得了 |
[02:04] | Because you didn’t. I was just gaslighting you. | 因为你根本没预约 我是故意逗你来着 |
[02:08] | – That is not funny! – Oh, lighten up. | – 不好笑 – 放松点 |
[02:10] | – Here, sign these. – All right. | – 给 把这些都签了 – 好的 |
[02:14] | So you gonna say it or make me wait till the end of the day? | 那你是准备现在说 还是想让我等到半夜 |
[02:18] | – Say what? – “Happy birthday.” | – 说啥 – 生日快乐啊 |
[02:20] | It is not your birthday. | 今天才不是你生日 |
[02:24] | Oh God, it is! Oh, Roz, I’m so sorry! | 天呐 真是今天 Roz 抱歉啊 |
[02:27] | Let me take you out for lunch after work, OK? | 我请你吃午饭吧 好不好 |
[02:30] | You are so easy! | 你也太容易上当了 |
[02:32] | Oh, that’s it! I’m out of here! | 我受够了 我走了 |
[02:34] | Oh Wait, aren’t you forgetting something? | 等等 你确定没忘记什么事儿吗 |
[02:36] | No, I am not forgetting anything! Thank you Roz. | 没 我什么都没忘 谢谢你 Roz |
[02:38] | You can’t blame a girl for trying. | 我可提醒过你了啊 |
[02:42] | 5 4 3 2 5 4 3 2 | |
[02:46] | We are back. | 节目继续 |
[02:55] | 10 Ten. | |
[02:57] | 52 52. | |
[02:58] | No, Eddie, no. Dad, | 停下来 Eddie 停下 老爸 |
[03:02] | would you ask your dog to stop burrowing at my shoes. | 你能让它别挠我鞋子了吗 |
[03:06] | You have to know I had to wait 6 months to have | 要知道我可是等了整整六个月 |
[03:07] | them shipped from a little blind cobbler in Seville. | 它们才从Seville的盲人小皮匠那里漂洋过海过来 |
[03:11] | He won’t stop till you scratch him behaind the ear. | 你不给它挠挠耳朵后面它是不会停的 |
[03:14] | Oh. All right, Eddie, all right. | 好吧 Eddie 来吧 |
[03:23] | You know, I’m beginning to think I have an affinity for animals. | 我开始觉得动物挺喜欢我的 |
[03:28] | Would either of you mind if I noodle at the piano a bit? | 你们不介意我捣鼓捣鼓钢琴吧 |
[03:30] | Would it really stop you if we said, “Yes”? | 要是我们说介意 你会不弹吗 |
[03:33] | Point well taken. | 也是 |
[03:43] | That’s strange. For the life of me, | 真奇怪 我这可是头一回 |
[03:46] | I can’t remember what the next note is. | 忘了后面怎么弹了 |
[03:57] | I know this piece backwards and forwards! | 我对这曲子可是倒背如流的 |
[03:59] | Perhaps if you start at the end, you’ll have better luck. | 那你可以从后面开始弹弹 说不定能记起来 |
[04:14] | Oh, come on. Frasier, | 搞什么啊 Frasier |
[04:16] | You know how it goes. It goes: da-da-da-da… | 你肯定知道后面怎么弹 是 嗒嗒嗒嗒 |
[04:18] | Oh, thank you, Dad. Now it’s perfectly clear. | 谢你了 老爸 您一唱我还真就想起来了 |
[04:28] | That was very nice, Son. | 弹得真不错 儿子 |
[04:30] | How about something from “South Pacific”? | 再来点南太平洋里的曲子呗 |
[04:34] | I’m sorry, I’m just getting fed up with this nonsense. | 抱歉 我就是受够了 |
[04:38] | I keep forgetting names all the time. Last week, | 我最近老是忘记别人的名字 就在上周 |
[04:41] | for twice, I forgot where I parked my car. | 有两次 我都忘记把车停到哪了 |
[04:44] | Join the club, pal. You’re getting older. | 欢迎加入俱乐部 兄弟 你开始变老了 |
[04:47] | Of course I’m getting older. | 我当然变老了 |
[04:48] | We all are getting older. I’m not that old. | 大家都一样在变老 但我可没那么老 |
[04:51] | Oh, I’m afraid Dad may have a point. I know you’d like to believe | 我觉得老爸说的对 我知道你内心深处觉得 |
[04:54] | we’re still the same devilish sprigs we always were, | 我们还是当年那两个调皮的小伙子 |
[04:59] | sitting on mother’s davenport | 坐在老妈的长沙发上 |
[05:01] | in our tweeds and tams | 身穿粗花呢 头戴无沿帽 |
[05:02] | listening to the “Texaco Symphonic Hour”. | 听着德士古交响乐节目 |
[05:07] | But the cold, hard reality is you’re middle-aged. | 但残酷的现实是 你已经是中年人了 |
[05:11] | Niles, I’m 41. That’s hardly middle-aged. | Niles 我才41 还算不上中年 |
[05:14] | Middle-aged is more like 50, 55. | 50 55什么的才是中年吧 |
[05:16] | Only if you live to be 110. | 除非你能活到110岁 |
[05:20] | I’m all ready to go Dr. Crane. | 我准备好了 Crane医生 |
[05:23] | Niles Where are you two off to? | Niles 你们两个要去哪 |
[05:24] | I’m giving Daphne a lift. | 我顺路送送Daphne |
[05:26] | I’m meeting some me girl friends for | 我去见几个女朋友 |
[05:27] | darts and a few pints. It’s best to do it in that order. | 玩玩飞镖 喝点酒 最好是这个顺序 |
[05:31] | Just ask Blind Willie, the bartender. | 瞎眼酒保Willie可有心得 |
[05:35] | Listen, Daphne, Before you go, | 听我说 Daphne 你走之前 |
[05:37] | I’d like to ask you a little question here. | 我想问个小问题 |
[05:39] | When you look at me, | 你看看我 |
[05:41] | do you see me as a young man or as an older man? | 你觉得我是个年青人还是个稍微老点的人 |
[05:45] | Oh, no, you don’t. You’re not getting me into that Vietnam. | 不 别问我 你可别想拖我下水 |
[05:50] | I’ve learnt long time ago. | 我很早以前就知道 |
[05:51] | There are three questions you never answer honestly | 有三个问题永远不能诚实回答 |
[05:53] | “How old do I look?”, | “我看上去像几岁” |
[05:54] | “Do you like me hair?”, | “你觉得我的发型怎么样” |
[05:56] | and “Was it good for you, too?” | 还有”你刚刚也爽到了吗” |
[05:59] | Coming, Dr Crane? | 走吧 Crane医生 |
[06:04] | Dr Crane? | Crane医生 |
[06:07] | I’m sorry, I was someplace else. | 抱歉 我刚刚走神到其他地方了 |
[06:11] | It was a warm and friendly place. | 那是个温暖友好的地方 |
[06:24] | Big surprise, I got a headache. I need to get an aspirin. | 我竟然头疼了 得去吃片阿司匹林 |
[06:29] | The very suggestion that I’m descending into old age… | 大家明里暗里说我已经老了 |
[06:34] | Just because I can’t remember a couple of names | 不就是因为我不记得几个名字 |
[06:36] | and a tune on the piano. | 忘了几首曲子嘛 |
[06:41] | Your arm’s not quite long enough for that, is it? | 只恨自己胳膊不够长 是不 |
[06:44] | Let me ask you a few questions. | 问你几个问题 |
[06:46] | Can you still get through the night | 你能一晚上安稳睡到天亮 |
[06:48] | without having to get up to go to the john? | 而不用起夜吗 |
[06:51] | Can you get in and out of a chair | 你能坐到椅子上然后起来 |
[06:53] | without going, “Arrrgh”? | 还不发出 嗯 的声音吗 |
[06:56] | Can you eat a slice of pizza | 你能在睡觉前的 |
[06:57] | less than twelve hours before you go to bed? | 十二个小时内吃披萨么 |
[07:02] | – What’s on the pizza? – Ah, I thought so. | – 披萨啥馅儿的 – 啊 我想也是 |
[07:06] | Alright Now that we’ve established | 好了 现在可以正式宣布你 |
[07:07] | you’re middle-aged, take some advice. | 已经人到中年了 听我一句劝 |
[07:10] | Don’t fight it. It’ll go a lot easier. | 顺其自然 就会容易些 |
[07:13] | Good lord, Dad, what are you suggesting, | 苍天 老爸 |
[07:14] | I am going to rush off to a plastic surgeon | 你难道以为我会跑去整形医生那儿 |
[07:16] | to get a eye lift and a chin tuck? | 去拉个皮 收个下巴么 |
[07:19] | Oh, dear God! | 天呐 |
[07:21] | I’m just telling you When guys get to this stage, | 就是告诉你 男人到了这个阶段 |
[07:24] | it is some squirly things that | 会不由地做一些 |
[07:25] | they would never want done when they were younger. | 以前年轻的时候绝对不会做的怪事 |
[07:27] | Dad, please spare me. I am a psychiatrist, | 爸 饶了我吧 我可是个心理医生 |
[07:29] | – I know the routine. – Good lord! Who is that? | – 我知道会怎样 – 天呐 这是谁 |
[07:33] | That’s me, in ’74, going through my own little stage. | 是我 74年的时候 中年危机着呢 |
[07:37] | I died my hair jack black, | 我把头发染成了黑色 |
[07:38] | bought a leather jacket and a Harley Davidson. | 买了一件皮夹克和一辆哈雷摩托 |
[07:43] | My God, Dad, you look like one of the Village People. | 老天 爸 你看起来像村民乐队的成员 |
[07:48] | Fortunately I came to my senses | 幸好那年夏天你从哈佛回来前 |
[07:50] | before you got back from Harvard that summer. | 我就头脑清醒了 |
[07:52] | Are those love beads? | 你戴的是嬉皮士长念珠吗 |
[07:54] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 到此为止吧 |
[07:58] | Just do me a favor, would you? Keep your guard up, | 我提醒下你 脑子警醒点 |
[08:01] | and don’t do something stupid, all right? | 别做傻事 行不 |
[08:04] | – OK, Dad. – You might think it’s tough | – 好的 老爸 – 你可能觉得到了中年 |
[08:06] | being middle-aged, but think about me. | 很痛苦 但是你想想我 |
[08:10] | I got a son who’s middle-aged. | 我儿子都中年了 |
[08:17] | I heard that. | 我听见了啊 |
[08:27] | Say isn’t this used to be Pinsky’s store? | 儿子 这儿原来不是Pinsky商店么 |
[08:30] | I have No idea. | 我怎么知道 |
[08:31] | sure you was, We’d bring you kids here all the time. | 你当然知道了 我以前经常带你们来这里 |
[08:34] | Man, it was a great store. | 天 那店真的很不错 |
[08:35] | You could buy lingerie, | 在一家店里能买到女性内衣 |
[08:37] | a bag of popcorn and transmission fluid, all under the same roof. | 爆米花和变速箱润滑油 一站式服务 |
[08:42] | Finally something I’m glad I forgot. | 这个忘了我倒不遗憾 |
[08:46] | Well, Mr.Crane I believe I came here on a mission. | Crane先生 我来这里应该是有任务的吧 |
[08:49] | Alright, but remember I don’t want | 是啊 你记住 我不要那些 |
[08:50] | anything fancy or that comes in tubes. | 花哨的或电视广告里的 |
[08:52] | I want them white, I want them plain and I don’t want them boxers. | 我要白色的 素色的 不要平脚内裤 |
[08:55] | That is exactly the kind of lack of imagination sunk the British Empire. | 日不落帝国就是因为缺乏想象力而陨落的 |
[09:01] | Hey frasier, check out these dress pants. | Frasier 看看这条裤子 |
[09:04] | They got elastic panels in the waist. | 腰上是松紧带的 |
[09:07] | You can eat all you want and never worry about cut off your circulation. | 你可以想吃多少吃多少 不用担心皮带勒得慌 |
[09:12] | Milan must be beside itself. | 米兰看来是受不了自己了 |
[09:15] | Only an innovative use of synthetic fibres. | 这倒是一种合成纤维的新的使用方法 |
[09:18] | I believe if you recycle these, they can turn them into milk containers. | 你要是回收这种衣服 人家能再造成牛奶瓶 |
[09:21] | Are you going to get them or not? | 你到底要不要 |
[09:24] | You brought these over for me? | 你是要让我买这些 |
[09:27] | The sands of timer are shifting buddy, mostly south. | 时间沙漏正在流走呢 伙计 人老肾先老 |
[09:31] | Listen, if you don’t want to go with elastic, | 没事 你要是不喜欢松紧带的 |
[09:33] | maybe you could go with suspenders. | 也可以选吊带的 |
[09:35] | That way if you keep your jacket closed, | 你把夹克拉链拉上 |
[09:36] | that little gut of yours can hang down to here and nobody will realize | 小肚子就算吊到这里 也没人会注意的 |
[09:39] | I do not have a gut! I have contours. | 我可没有肚子 我体型好着呢 |
[09:45] | Excuse me. I was wondering if anyone was helping you? | 打扰了 有人在为你们服务吗 |
[09:49] | Oh, no! She’s looking at something with stripes! | 哦 不 她在看带条纹的衣服呢 |
[09:51] | Daphne! Daphne! Get a way from there. | Daphne Daphne 快走开 |
[09:53] | Come on, let’s go! | 赶紧的 我们走 |
[09:56] | You’re not thinking of getting those,are you? | 你不是打算买那些裤子吧 |
[09:58] | I have something much better over here. | 我这边有些更好的选择 |
[10:01] | What do you think of these? | 这些裤子你觉得怎么样 |
[10:01] | They don’t do much hanger | 挂着虽然看不出效果 |
[10:02] | but they could really work on a nice tall guy like you. | 但是穿在你这样的高个帅哥身上肯定好看 |
[10:06] | You really think so? | 你真这么觉得 |
[10:08] | Yeah, you’ve got a great build. | 是呀 你的体型很好 |
[10:11] | – Thank you very much, uh… – Carrie. | – 非常感谢 嗯 – 我叫Carrie |
[10:15] | Carrie Carrie. | |
[10:15] | Let’s see what we can get working here | 我们再看看这边有什么合适的衣服 |
[10:17] | This is kind of a young look, | 这种比较适合年轻人 |
[10:19] | but you could really pull it off. | 但是你肯定能穿出感觉的 |
[10:21] | I don’t really think it’s me. | 我觉得这不怎么适合我 |
[10:24] | Are you sure? I think this would look good on you. | 你确定吗 我觉得你穿一定好看 |
[10:27] | I suppose I could try it on. But just out of curiosity, | 我可以试试 但是我好奇问一下 |
[10:30] | how old do you think I am? | 你觉得我多大了 |
[10:32] | I don’t want to do that. | 我可不想回答这个问题 |
[10:34] | No, please. Go ahead. | 别介啊 说吧 |
[10:36] | I don’t know, um… 36? | 我也不确定 嗯 36岁吗 |
[10:39] | Are you serious? | 你说真的么 |
[10:41] | Oh God, I’m sorry, you’re probably more like 34. | 抱歉 你应该34左右吧 |
[10:44] | Now you don’t want to buy anything from me. | 现在你肯定不想在我这儿买衣服了 |
[10:46] | Are those Armani shirts expensive? | 那些是阿玛尼的高档衬衫吗 |
[10:52] | – Yeah. – I’ll take two. | – 是的 – 我来两件 |
[10:54] | – Great. Changing room’s right this way. – Ah. Thank you! | – 好的 试衣间在这边 – 啊 谢谢 |
[10:58] | You know, I love to guess what my customers do by what they wear. | 我喜欢通过客人的穿着猜他们的职业 |
[11:01] | Let me guess You’re an architect, right? | 我猜 你是建筑师 对吗 |
[11:04] | No, I’m a psychiatrist. | 不 我是个心理医生 |
[11:06] | Oh, I’ve taken some psychology courses. | 哦 我也上过一些心理学的课程 |
[11:09] | What are you, Freudian, Reichian? | 你是哪一派系的 佛洛依德还是芮奇 |
[11:11] | Well actually, lately I’ve been leaning | 其实 最近我在研究学习 |
[11:12] | more towards Jung because I’m just “Jung” At heart. | 荣格 因为我心”年轻” |
[11:18] | That’s got to be the oldest joke in the psychiatrist’ book. | 这可是心理学上最老的笑话了 |
[11:21] | Can’t believe I said it. | 真不敢相信我还在用 |
[11:22] | I can’t believe I laughed at that. | 真不敢相信还把我逗笑了 |
[11:24] | You must laugh at all customers’ jokes. | 顾客讲笑话你当然要笑了 |
[11:26] | No, just the cute ones. | 不一定 只是那些可爱的才笑 |
[11:31] | – Cute jokes or customers? – You figure it out. | – 可爱的笑话还是顾客呢 – 你猜呢 |
[11:45] | Hey, are you ready? | 你好了没 |
[11:46] | Oh, just a second, dad, I’m trying on some pair of pants. | 再等一下 爸 我要试几条裤子 |
[11:48] | Hey, did you notice that girl that came over to help us earlier? | 你注意到之前过来帮我们选衣服的女孩儿没 |
[11:51] | Sure I’m noticed her, I’m not dead. | 当然注意到了 我还没死呢 |
[11:55] | Well you know, we just had a little conversation a minute ago, | 我们刚刚聊了几句 |
[11:57] | and I could swear she was flirting with me. | 我发誓她跟我调情来着 |
[12:03] | Trust me, Son, she’s on commission. | 相信我 儿子 她肯定是抽提成的 |
[12:07] | Oh, no, I know what’s sales pitch when I hear one, | 才不是 销售的把戏我最清楚不过 |
[12:10] | and that was no sales pitch. | 刚刚她那些绝对不是 |
[12:11] | She is definitely interested in me. | 她绝对是对我有意思 |
[12:13] | Think I may have to see where this may lead. | 我倒要看看我们之间能发生点什么 |
[12:15] | I know you’re forgetting things lately, | 我知道你最近老健忘 |
[12:17] | but don’t you remember our little talk we have last night? | 但是我们昨天刚聊过的内容你都忘了吗 |
[12:22] | Oh, dear. It sneaks right up on you, doesn’t it? | 老天 还真不知不觉就中招了啊 |
[12:25] | What am I thinking about? | 我到底想什么呢 |
[12:27] | A 41-year-old man | 一个41岁的老男人 |
[12:28] | going out with a girl of 22, 23? | 去跟一个22 23岁的姑娘约会 |
[12:30] | Yeah, young enough to be your daughter. | 可不 都能当你女儿了 |
[12:32] | Yes, thank you for pointing that out, Dad. | 是啊 多谢你提醒 老爸 |
[12:37] | This is Dr Frasier Crane, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[12:39] | KACL 780 talk radio. | 这里是KACL调频780谈话节目 |
[12:41] | Thanking you for joining us today. | 感谢您的收听 |
[12:43] | Up next, Bob “Bulldog” Brisco | 接下来是 Bob Bulldog Brisco的 |
[12:46] | and the “Gonzo Sports Show”! | Gonzo体育节目 |
[12:49] | Until tomorrow, here’s wishing you good mental health. | 祝您一切安好 明天再见 |
[12:55] | Hey, Doc. Hear the great news? | 嗨 医生 告诉你个消息 |
[12:56] | Ken Griffey Jr’s groin pull. He is completely healed! | 小Ken Griffey要回归了 他完全康复了 |
[12:59] | Thank Godness. I’m sure years from now We’ll all remember where we are | 感谢老天 我相信几年后我们还会记得 |
[13:03] | the moment we heard the joyful news. | 你带给我们这个好消息时的点点滴滴 |
[13:05] | Excuse me, Dr Crane? | 打扰了 Crane医生 |
[13:07] | – Hi, Carrie. – Hi, I have your pants. | – 你好 Carrie – 你好 我把你的裤子拿来了 |
[13:10] | Whoa, Doc! | 喔 医生 |
[13:15] | Where’d you leave them? | 你把裤子留在哪了 |
[13:16] | They’re new, bulldog. | 这些是新裤子 bulldog |
[13:18] | Some of the finer department stores deliver garments | 高档商场会为比较忙的客户 |
[13:19] | to their busier customers. | 提供送货上门的服务 |
[13:21] | Actually we don’t. I just thought it’ll be nice to see you again. | 其实我们不送货的 我只是想再见见你 |
[13:24] | Hey Excuse me. You look very familiar. | 诶 对了 我们是不是见过啊 |
[13:28] | Didn’t I let you pour a flaming tequila | 我是不是让你把一杯点着了的 |
[13:30] | shooter down my throat | 龙舌兰酒倒我嘴里 |
[13:32] | at Sloppy Nick’s during last year’s Indi 500? | 就去年Indy 500大赛的时候 在Sloppy Nick酒吧 |
[13:35] | Er, no. | 呃 不是 |
[13:37] | What are you doing next Memorial Day? | 那你下一个阵亡将士纪念日有空吗 |
[13:40] | Hold on, as certain as I am that any young lady in the world | 歇会吧 我敢确信地球上所有的年轻女士 |
[13:42] | would love to set your face on fire, | 都极愿意在你脸上放把火 |
[13:44] | Carrie, I believe, is here to see me. | 但我相信 Carrie是来找我的 |
[13:46] | You can’t blame a dog for trying. | 你可不能怪我放手一试 |
[13:50] | Just on the off chance it | 我再加个码 |
[13:51] | might make a difference, I drive a ’94 Camaro. | 万一有用呢 我开的是一辆94年产的大黄蜂 |
[13:57] | Is he gay? | 他是不是同志 |
[14:00] | I’ve been studying about this since school | 我从上学时就试图学习辨别 |
[14:02] | It seems like he’s overcompensating. | 他这像是过度代偿啊 |
[14:03] | Yes, well, I’ m not sure. | 好吧 我也不是很确定 |
[14:05] | But I look forward to running that theory by him. | 但是我愿意用这理论好好玩玩他 |
[14:10] | Thank you for the pants. | 谢谢你帮我送裤子 |
[14:11] | Carrie. Do I owe you anything? | 我是不是该给你小费什么的 |
[14:15] | No, I really enjoyed meeting you yesterday, | 不用 我就是觉得昨天遇见你很开心 |
[14:19] | It seems we had a few laughs together. | 你还逗我笑了 |
[14:21] | And maybe we could go out and have a cup of coffee sometime. | 也许哪天有空 我们可以出去喝杯咖啡 |
[14:26] | Listen, Carrie, I’m very | Carrie 你想要约我出去 |
[14:27] | flattered that you’d like to go out with me, | 我真的觉得受宠若惊 |
[14:30] | and I think you’re a beautiful young woman… | 而且我觉得你是个年轻漂亮的女人 |
[14:34] | – But? – Well, it’s our ages. How old are you? | – 但是 – 但是咱俩年龄差距太大 你多大了 |
[14:38] | 22. How old are you? | 22岁 那你多大了 |
[14:41] | That’s not polite. | 随便问人年龄可不礼貌 |
[14:44] | I just think it wouldn’t be appropriate for us to date. | 我就是觉得咱俩约会不太成体统 |
[14:47] | How about we just live together? | 那直接住一起怎么样 |
[14:51] | I’m just trying to lighten an uncomfortable moment. | 我就是想调节一下尴尬的气氛 |
[14:55] | – Ha-ha, well done. – Well, I’m sorry, | – 哈哈 干得漂亮 – 好吧 抱歉 |
[14:59] | but, if you change your mind, you know where I am. | 但是你要是改主意了 你知道去哪儿找我的 |
[15:03] | – Enjoy your pants. – Same to you. | – 希望你的裤子穿着舒服 – 你也一样 |
[15:13] | I only got a second here, but… HELLO! | 虽然没多少时间 但是 喂 |
[15:17] | Anyone there? | 有脑子在吗 |
[15:20] | She wanted to go out with you! You didn’t have to chase her! | 她想和你约会 你都不用去主动追她 |
[15:24] | You didn’t have to harass her. | 你也不用去骚扰她 |
[15:25] | You didn’t have to pay her! It was like a miracle! | 你都不用付她钱 这简直就是奇迹 |
[15:31] | She’s too young! | 她太年轻了 |
[15:32] | Are you following any of this? | 你能听懂他在说些什么吗 |
[15:33] | I don’t expect you to understand. | 我不指望你们能明白 |
[15:35] | Great. ‘Cause I don’t. So You’re not going out with her? | 很好 我的确不明白 那你确定不跟她约会咯 |
[15:36] | No.I’m not | 不 我不会 |
[15:37] | Good. I gonna see if I can catch up with her at elevator. | 很好 那我看看能不能在电梯里截到她 |
[15:39] | Maybe she’s never dated a former professional hockey player before. | 也许她以前没跟前职业曲棍球运动员约会过 |
[15:43] | You’ve never played hockey. | 可你没打过曲棍球啊 |
[15:45] | It’s like we’re from different planets. | 你这么不懂我 好像咱俩不是一个星球上的 |
[15:50] | – Talk about pathetic. – Isn’t he, though? | – 这不叫可悲叫什么啊 – 可不是嘛 |
[15:52] | I meant you. | 我说你呢 |
[15:53] | me ? Are you saying I should go out with her? | 我 你觉得我应该去跟她约会吗 |
[15:56] | Frasier, take it from me. | Frasier 相信我 |
[15:57] | It’s hard enough to find somebody. | 能找到一个人有感觉的人很不容易 |
[15:59] | When an opportunity comes along, you got to grab it. | 机会一旦出现了 就好好把握 |
[16:02] | – Oh Roz, what about the age thing? – What about it? | – 那年龄的事情怎么办 – 年龄怎么了 |
[16:05] | Oh, come on. You see an old man walking down the | 得了吧 如果你看到一个老男人 |
[16:07] | street arm by arm with a beautiful young girl, what do you think? | 跟一位年轻的美女在街上手牵手 你会怎么想 |
[16:11] | I think he must be really rich. | 我会觉得他肯定特有钱 |
[16:15] | – Then I try to make eye contact. – Ah. | – 然后我会试着对他放电 – 啊 |
[16:25] | There you are, Frasier. | 可找到你了 Frasier |
[16:26] | I’m so glad you called me. | 真高兴你能给我打电话 |
[16:28] | Thanks for coming, Niles. | 谢谢你能来 Niles |
[16:31] | Some of Maris’s friends introduced | Maris的朋友昨晚给我介绍了一种 |
[16:33] | me to a most delightful party game last night, | 超级好玩的派对游戏 |
[16:34] | I can’t wait to share with you… | 我都等不及要跟你分享了 |
[16:36] | Niles, I’d really like to talk. | Niles 我有重要事情找你谈 |
[16:37] | No no no shh shh This first. It’s a hoot. | 别别别 嘘 嘘 我先说 是个心理测验 |
[16:41] | If you were stranded on a desert island with one meal, | 如果你被困在一座小岛上 只能选一顿饭 |
[16:43] | one aria and one bottle of wine, what would they be? | 一首歌和一瓶酒 你会选什么 |
[16:47] | – Niles, I really don’t… – Frasier. | – Niles 我真没 – Frasier |
[16:48] | Ok. | 好吧 |
[16:51] | A Big Mac, “I’m Your Venus” And Ripple. | 巨无霸 “I’m Your Venus”和Ripple酒 |
[16:58] | If you’re going to mock the game, then don’t play. | 如果你要故意嘲笑这游戏 你就别玩 |
[17:02] | – Gladly. – Are you still cramped up about this middle age business? | – 很乐意 – 你还在为这中年危机的事儿烦心么 |
[17:05] | No, I’m fine there. By the way, you were actually right. | 不 我很好 顺便一提 你确实说对了 |
[17:09] | Oh, I love to hear you say that. | 哦 我真喜欢听你说这句话 |
[17:11] | Yes, but I do have a problem. | 我确实有个问题 |
[17:13] | You see, the other day I was asked out by, er, | 几天前我被一个 嗯 |
[17:16] | this 22-year-old girl that I met in the mall. | 在商场认识的22岁的姑娘追求 |
[17:19] | – That is alarming. – well, I turned her down. | – 有点吓人啊 – 我拒绝她了 |
[17:22] | No, no, you were in a mall? Did anyone see you? | 不 不 你怎么会去商场了 有人看到你吗 |
[17:26] | Niles. I’m just wondering if I made the right decision. | Niles 我只是想确认下我的决定对不对 |
[17:29] | You see, I would, I would love to go out with this girl. She’s fantastic. | 我真的很想跟她约会 她简直太棒了 |
[17:33] | just afriad to looking like some old fool chasing after a young girl, | 但是我害怕别人会觉得我是老笨牛吃嫩草 |
[17:38] | becoming a walking midlife crisis cliche, | 成了中年危机这陈词滥调的活生生的例子 |
[17:42] | running around like that buffoon Stanley Barrister. | 变成跟Stanley Barrister一样的小丑了 |
[17:45] | Oh, Stanley Barrister, That is embarrassing, isn’t it? | 哦 Stanley Barrister 真丢死人了 |
[17:51] | – 21, if she’s a day. – That’s what’s so frightening | – 21岁出头点 – 真吓人 |
[17:53] | I saw them last Tuesday night together. | 我上周二晚上看见他们在一起 |
[17:56] | – I saw them together Wednesday morning. – Ew! | – 我周三早上看到他们了 – 哎哟 |
[18:02] | That’s disgusting! | 真恶心 |
[18:03] | Well, this is what I’m afriad of. | 我就担心这个 |
[18:04] | People will have the same conversion about me! | 别人也会这么说我的 |
[18:06] | Stanley Barrister is a 60-year-old man | Stanley Barrister都已经60岁了 |
[18:10] | who wears a toupee that looks like something | 他的假发看起来 |
[18:11] | he pulled out of a shower drain. | 像是从浴室排水沟里拣出来的 |
[18:16] | You are 41 and obviously not wearing a toupee. | 你才41岁 很明显没戴假发 |
[18:21] | Thank you, Niles. | 真谢谢你了 Niles |
[18:24] | So you think it’ll be OK to go out with this woman? | 那你觉得我跟她约会没什么咯 |
[18:26] | It doesn’t matter what I think. | 我怎么想不重要 |
[18:27] | It does to me. | 对我来说很重要 |
[18:28] | You are my bother. I value your opinion. | 你是我兄弟 我看重你的看法 |
[18:29] | My opinion isn’t relevant. | 我的看法无足轻重的 |
[18:31] | Don’t be coy, | 你别扭扭捏捏的了 |
[18:32] | and would you please stop pursing your lips. | 还有 你能别不停抿你的嘴了么 |
[18:34] | You look like one of those | 就跟用干苹果 |
[18:35] | old women they carve out of dried apples. | 刻出的老太太似的 |
[18:40] | Don’t you see? | 你还不明白吗 |
[18:42] | What I think about you dating a younger woman is immaterial. | 我对你跟年轻女孩约会的想法 |
[18:44] | What we think Stanley Barrister is immaterial | 和我们对Stanley Barrister的想法都不重要 |
[18:47] | – The only thing that matters is what you think. – Hm… | – 真正重要的是你怎么想 – 嗯 |
[18:50] | Ask yourself. | 你扪心自问 |
[18:51] | If you went out with her, | 你想和她约会 |
[18:52] | would you be doing it because you run away from your age | 到底是为了逃避自己的中年危机 |
[18:54] | or because this has the potential to becoming a meaningful relationship? | 还是因为你觉得你们有可能长远地走下去 |
[18:59] | – I don’t know. – Find out. | – 我不知道 – 想清楚 |
[19:01] | Then to hell with what people think. | 然后就走自己的路让别人见鬼去吧 |
[19:03] | Niles, you are absolutely right. | Niles 你说的太对了 |
[19:05] | Oh! There it is again. I never tire of hearing that. | 哦 又来了 这真是百听不厌 |
[19:08] | Let the tongues of the doubting nabobs wag. | 让那些怀疑你的人喋喋不休去吧 |
[19:11] | If it feels right, make yourself happy. | 只要你感觉对了 你快乐就好 |
[19:14] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[19:16] | Oh by the way, Niles, if you were stranded on that desert island, | 哦 顺便说下 如果你一个人在荒芜的小岛上 |
[19:18] | what would you choose as your favourite meal, aria and wine? | 你会选择的美食 歌曲和美酒是什么 |
[19:22] | The coulibiac of salmon at Guy Savoy, | Guy Savoy餐厅的三文鱼开胃菜 |
[19:24] | “Vissi d’arte” From Tosca, | Tosca的Vissi d’arte |
[19:26] | and the Cetes du Rhene Cheteauneuf du Pape ’47. | 和法国罗纳产的1947年的教皇新堡 |
[19:30] | You are so predictable. | 你也太好猜了 |
[19:42] | – Carrie, hi. – Hi. I didn’t expect to see you here. | – Carrie 你好 – 你好 没想到你会来 |
[19:47] | I could lie to you and tell you I came down to shop, | 我不想骗你说是来买衣服的 |
[19:50] | but actually I came to see you. | 我其实是来找你的 |
[19:52] | That’s great. I’ve been thinking about you a lot. | 很好呀 我最近经常会想到你 |
[19:55] | I’ve been thinking a lot about you, too. | 我也经常想到你 |
[19:56] | And I wanted to chat about why I thought we shouldn’t go out. | 我想跟你聊聊为什么那天会拒绝你 |
[20:00] | OK. | 好啊 |
[20:01] | You see I thought I was goiong through a phase, | 那个时候我正在经历一个艰难的时期 |
[20:03] | you know, just…well, a midlife crisis to be frank. | 坦白说就是中年危机 |
[20:06] | and I was afraid if I went out with you, | 我害怕我要是和你约会 |
[20:07] | I would be like trying to just recapture my youth or something. | 只是为了证明我还年轻 |
[20:10] | Oh my god. I can’t believe you’re saying this. | 哦 老天 不敢相信你会这么说 |
[20:12] | I was afraid that I asked you out only | 我也在担心 |
[20:14] | because I was trying to work out some stuff of my own. | 跟你约会只是想证明些什么 |
[20:16] | You know, some unresolved issues about my father or something. | 比如 我跟父亲之间的一些问题什么的 |
[20:18] | Oh, no, no. So I went back and forth. I felt like a fool. And then I didn’t… | 不会吧 我思前想后 我觉得我到底是不是傻 |
[20:23] | Me too, back and forth. | 我也是 思前想后的 |
[20:24] | Maybe you came along to fill some sort of a need or something | 也许你的出现只是满足我所需要的 |
[20:28] | Or maybe this could be something serious. | 又或者我们之间真的有戏 |
[20:30] | Exactly. So, well, I asked myself a few tough questions. | 正是 所以 我直面了这个难题 |
[20:36] | – Me, too. – I finally came to a decision. | – 我也是 – 最终做了一个决定 |
[20:38] | Me too. I think us going out would have been really stupid. | 我也是 我觉得咱俩要是真去约会得挺傻的 |
[20:43] | Me too! | 我也是 |
[20:46] | It would’ve completely clouded thing with my father. | 我和我爸会闹得更不开心 |
[20:49] | You and I would never have been on a very firm footing. | 我们俩也根本没什么基础 |
[20:52] | But You knew all that, you could told me | 你明明清楚这点却没有挑明 |
[20:54] | but just left me figure it out for myself. | 而是让我自己想清楚 |
[20:57] | Yes, I’m sort of like the Wizard of Oz. | 是啊 我就像奥兹的巫师一样明智 |
[21:02] | It’s no wonder everybody | 怪不得大家都 |
[21:04] | listens to your radio show. You’re so smart. | 喜欢听你的电台节目 你真是太聪明了 |
[21:09] | Actually, I am full of crap. | 其实 我都是胡说的 |
[21:12] | I had no idea that you might be grappling with personal issues here. | 我完全不知道你可能会把个人问题牵扯进来 |
[21:16] | Some psychiatrist, huh? | 我算什么心理学家啊 是吧 |
[21:18] | The truth is I came down | 我来这儿其实 |
[21:21] | here to try to talk you into going out with me. | 是想说服你和我约会的 |
[21:24] | I guess it’s still a pretty bad idea. | 我猜这主意还是不太好 |
[21:26] | You’re being so honest with me. | 你对我太诚实了 |
[21:29] | That is such an attractive quality in a man. | 这真是一个男人难得的品质 |
[21:37] | Well, you know, let’s not go down that road again. | 好吧 我们还是别继续了 |
[21:42] | Ok. | 好的 |
[21:44] | See you around. | 再见了 |