时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Oh, look, Roz, Roz, my brochures are here! | 看 Roz Roz 我的宣传册到了 |
[00:11] | Oh, God, very exciting! Vacation! | 天呐 太激动了 假期啊 |
[00:14] | – Wow! The Golden Door Spa! – Hmm, yes. | – 哇 金门温泉 – 是啊 |
[00:17] | Look at those accommodations. That is nice! | 看看这些酒店 真不错 |
[00:19] | Yes, I’ve planned to leave Dad, and Eddie to fend for themselves, | 我打算扔下爸爸和Eddie 让他们自力更生 |
[00:21] | while I got off to spend an obscene amount of money | 我准备当个被惯坏的孩子 |
[00:23] | being pampered like a spoiled child. | 花大价钱去享受一下 |
[00:25] | I know it’s self-indulgent, but what else are vacations for? | 我知道是有点任性 但假期不就是为了享受嘛 |
[00:29] | What about you, what are you, what are you doing for your week off? | 你呢 你放假准备去干嘛 |
[00:31] | Oh, I’m taking my mom to Ireland to stay | 我要带我妈去爱尔兰 |
[00:33] | in the sod house where her mother was born. | 在我外婆出生的草皮房子里住两天 |
[00:39] | Why don’t you just write the words “Bad Son” on my forehead! | 你为什么不直接在我额头上写”不孝子”三个字呢 |
[00:44] | Listen, there is nothing wrong with pampering yourself on your vacation. | 听我说 在假期纵容你自己没错 |
[00:47] | After all, you do work three hours a day. | 毕竟你一天工作三个小时呢 |
[00:54] | I’m sorry, that one even surprised me. | 抱歉 这句吐槽把我自己都惊到了 |
[00:57] | You know, it’s just, it’s just that when I think of | 每次我一想到 |
[00:59] | the relationship I have with my dad, | 我和我爸的关系 |
[01:01] | I, I can’t help but envy the relationship you have with your mother. | 就不能抑制地嫉妒你和你妈妈的关系 |
[01:05] | Well, it didn’t just happen. | 我们关系这么好也不容易啊 |
[01:07] | We work at it. We spend time together. | 我们都在努力 我们花时间相处的 |
[01:09] | Roz, are you forgetting that my father lives with me? | Roz 你忘了我和我爸住一起了吗 |
[01:11] | How much more time together could we spend! | 还要花多少时间相处啊 |
[01:13] | Day-to-day living is different. | 朝夕相处是不一样的 |
[01:15] | You know, there is nothing better | 没有比一起旅行更好的事了 |
[01:16] | than taking a trip together. You get to have little fun, you get to relax. | 又好玩 又放松 |
[01:20] | You get to see a whole different side of the other person. | 还能看到别人完全不同的一面 |
[01:23] | You know, in his entire life, my dad has never been to Europe. | 我爸他一辈子都没去过欧洲 |
[01:28] | It would be a way of connecting with him | 如果我出钱带他去欧洲旅游 |
[01:29] | if I were the one who gave him that. | 是有可能拉近我们的关系 |
[01:31] | So, what… what would you charge me to take him to Ireland with you? | 那你要收多少钱 才肯带我爸一起去爱尔兰呢 |
[01:44] | I should have known this would happen. I always throw out my back | 我早该知道会这样 每次我想抬Maris的行李 |
[01:48] | when I try to lift Maris’s luggage. | 都会扭到后背 |
[01:51] | Why didn’t you hire a skycap? | 你为什么不雇个搬运工呢 |
[01:52] | Oh, we did for most of it. | 大部分箱子是搬运工搬的 |
[01:54] | But, Maris won’t trust strangers with her make-up case, | 但是Maris就不肯让陌生人搬她的化妆箱 |
[01:57] | ever since a hamhanded porter dropped it | 因为一个笨手笨脚的搬运工 把化妆箱掉在地上 |
[01:59] | and broke three vials of rare Swiss lamb placenta. | 打碎了三小瓶稀有瑞士羊胎素 |
[02:05] | On the upside, | 所幸的是 |
[02:06] | the calfskin lining of her case was never more soft and supple. | 箱子的小牛皮边从未这么柔软细滑过 |
[02:12] | Where did Mrs. Crane go, anyway? | Crane太太去哪了呢 |
[02:19] | She’s making her annual pilgrimage to the holy land. | 她每年都要去圣地朝圣的 |
[02:22] | I thought she was going to Dallas to visit her sister. | 我以为她到达拉斯看她妹妹去了 |
[02:25] | That is her holy land. | 那就是她的圣地 |
[02:27] | It’s the site of the first Nieman-Marcus. | 第一家尼曼百货就开在那里 |
[02:34] | – Oh, Dr Crane! – Oh, call me Niles! | – Crane医生 – 叫我Niles就行 |
[02:44] | Thank you, Daphne. | 谢谢你 Daphne |
[02:45] | Dad, I have an idea, I hope you are excited about this as I am. | 爸 我有个想法 希望你会和我一样激动 |
[02:49] | I want to take you on vacation! | 我想带你去度假 |
[02:52] | – Why? – Well, I thought an adventure might do us some good, | – 为什么 – 我想旅游应该对我们有帮助啊 |
[02:57] | give us a chance to have some fun, | 让咱们有机会一起玩 |
[02:58] | maybe get reacquainted, even do a little bonding. | 重新变亲密 联络下感情嘛 |
[03:01] | What’d you have in mind? | 你想去哪 |
[03:03] | Well, this isn’t about where I want to go. | 这次的重点不在于我想去哪里 |
[03:05] | this is about where YOU want to go. | 而是看你想去哪 |
[03:07] | Dad, I give you… the world. | 爸 我给你 全世界 |
[03:14] | The Galy-pay-gos islands, huh? | Galy-pay-gos群岛 哈 |
[03:20] | Where iguanas, sea lions | 在这里 美洲鬣蜥 海狮 |
[03:22] | and giant tortoises live in eternal harmony. | 和大海龟和平共处 |
[03:25] | Is it important they get along? | 他们和平共处很重要吗 |
[03:29] | No, I suppose not. | 不 应该不重要吧 |
[03:31] | Oh, how about this? India and Nepal! | 这个怎么样 印度和尼泊尔 |
[03:34] | “Trek the foothills of the Himalayas.” | “跋涉在喜马拉雅山的山麓间” |
[03:36] | – I think you’re forgetting my old pal here. | 我想你忘了我这位老朋友了 |
[03:38] | No problem. Frasier can just hire a really tough little | 没问题的 Frasier可以雇一个娇小的 |
[03:40] | Sherpa to carry you on his back. | 夏尔巴纯爷们把你扛在背上 |
[03:44] | They don’t mind. | 他们不会介意的 |
[03:46] | Well, we obviously haven’t struck the right chord yet, | 我们明显还无法达成共识 |
[03:48] | but we will, we will. | 但是总有办法的 有办法的 |
[03:50] | Dad, why don’t you just suggest something. | 爸 要不你来提点建议吧 |
[03:52] | You really want to go on a trip with me? | 你真的想和我一起旅游吗 |
[03:53] | Yes, I do. I’ll go anywhere you want to! Anywhere! | 是的 你想去哪里我都会陪你 哪儿都行 |
[03:57] | Ok! Well, Maybe I’m not be as sophisticated as you, | 好吧 也许我不像你那样见多识广 |
[04:01] | but I think I should see America first. | 但我想我应该先游览美国 |
[04:04] | Great! We are Americans. We should see America! | 好极了 我们是美国人 就该游览美国 |
[04:07] | – And I want to see it in a Winnebago. – A Winnebago! | – 我想乘着沃伦贝格去看 – 就沃伦贝格 |
[04:10] | Hot damn, that has a real ring to it! | 太棒了 一定会很好玩的 |
[04:13] | Yeah, son, your mother and I always dreamed about | 是啊 儿子 你妈和我以前总想着 |
[04:15] | doing when I’m retired. | 等我退休以后要这么旅游一次 |
[04:17] | Well, then that is exactly the trip we’re going to take. | 好 那我们就这么办 |
[04:20] | – You really mean it? – Absolutely. | – 你真是这么想的 – 当然 |
[04:22] | This calls for a celebration. | 这绝对值得庆祝 |
[04:23] | Yeah! Let’s pop open a couple of beers. | 是啊 快开几瓶啤酒 |
[04:26] | I think I got a bag of pork rinds in here, too. | 我记得我这还有包炸猪皮 |
[04:30] | Ah, the final touch! | 看来是板上钉钉了 |
[04:31] | I almost feel like I’m in a trailer park already! | 我感觉我已经置身在停车场了 |
[04:41] | Oh, Winnebago boy! | 房车男孩 |
[04:45] | Make sure to hang a lot beach chairs on the back, | 记得在后面挂些沙滩椅 |
[04:47] | and can give it a really cute name like | 然后给车起个可爱的名字 比如 |
[04:48] | “The Whoopin’ Cranes”! | “嗷嗷叫的Crane一家” |
[04:53] | Niles, when I agreed to see America with Dad, | Niles 我同意和爸一起美国游 |
[04:56] | I thought it would be staying in five-star resorts. | 因为我以为我们会待在五星级的酒店 |
[04:58] | When I said “Together” I meant adjoining suites! | 我说的”一起” 是指住在酒店的相邻套房 |
[05:00] | – Just tell him you think it’s a bad idea. – Oh, I can’t do that. | – 那就告诉他这主意糟透了 – 我不能这么做 |
[05:03] | He’s counting on this trip too much. | 他太期待这次旅行了 |
[05:04] | It was his dream. He was going to go this trip with Mom. | 这就是他的梦想 他是想和妈妈一起去的 |
[05:06] | Yeah, but she lucked out and died! | 没错 但她过世了 侥幸逃过一劫 |
[05:14] | Come, Niles, listen, listen. | 好了 Niles 听我说 |
[05:15] | If Dad and I get into a Winnebago together, | 如果爸和我一起坐进这辆沃伦贝格 |
[05:17] | only one of us will come out alive. | 只有一个能活着出来 |
[05:20] | – You’ve got to come with this. – Frasier, you’re my brother. | – 你一定得一起去 – Frasier 你是我哥 |
[05:23] | That entitles you to my bone marrow and one of my kidneys, | 所以你可以得到我的骨髓和一个肾脏 |
[05:25] | but this is an imposition. | 但你这要求就得寸进尺了 |
[05:28] | – You got to come with us. – Why? | – 你一定要和我们一起去 – 为什么 |
[05:30] | Well, Frasier and I don’t have anything to talk about. | 我和Frasier无话可说 |
[05:33] | I, I was feel more comfortable with somebody else around, | 我觉得有人作伴 |
[05:36] | with the TV’s blurring. | 或者电视模糊不清的时候会自在一点 |
[05:37] | Then why did you suggest it? | 那你为什么要提议呢 |
[05:38] | Well, it sounded a good idea when I came out my mouth. | 我刚脱口而出的时候没觉得有什么问题 |
[05:41] | But I, the more I think about it… | 但我 我越想越觉得 |
[05:43] | I mean, can you really see me and Frasier together all day, | 你能想象我和Frasier一整天待在一起吗 |
[05:45] | and then crawling into our bunks at night, | 然后晚上一起爬上床 |
[05:47] | lying head to head in the dark, bonding? | 在黑暗里头对头 联络感情 |
[05:52] | I’ll pay you. I got pension money. | 我会付你钱的 我有养老金啊 |
[05:55] | I remember a car trip we toke when I was nine. | 我记得我九岁时的一次自驾游 |
[05:56] | We drove from Seattle to Spokane. | 我们从西雅图开到斯波坎 |
[05:59] | The only thing he said to me was, | 他跟我说的唯一一句话是 |
[06:01] | “I think we got a problem with your brother Frasier.” | “你哥哥fraiser好像有点问题” |
[06:12] | Those were awful, those family driving vacations. | 太可怕了 这种家庭自驾游 |
[06:15] | Dad insisting on covering as many miles as possible a day, | 爸总是想一天能开多远尽量开多远 |
[06:18] | the two of us tiny hostages in the back seat, | 我们两个小可怜坐在后面像被劫持一样 |
[06:23] | clutching our car-sickness bags, | 紧紧抓住晕车袋 |
[06:25] | straining to see something out the window with the landscape whizzed by. | 紧张地试图从窗外呼啸而过的风景里看到点什么 |
[06:28] | I was 13 before I realized cows aren’t blurry. | 我到13岁的时候才知道奶牛不是模糊不清的 |
[06:35] | Why don’t you just tell him you don’t want to go. | 为什么你不直接和他说你不想去 |
[06:37] | Oh, you heard how he wants to go. I don’t want to disappoint him. | 你听到他有多想去啦 我不想让他失望 |
[06:41] | I don’t want to disappoint him. | 我不想让他失望 |
[06:43] | I’m sorry, Frasier. I am not a Winnebago person. | 抱歉 Frasier 我可不爱坐沃伦贝格 |
[06:47] | Whenever I see one on the highway, | 每次我在高速上见到一辆房车 |
[06:49] | I looking into the driver’s eyes, | 我都会看着司机的眼睛 |
[06:50] | hoping to see something that would | 希望能从他的眼睛里 |
[06:51] | explain why in God’s name he would ever want to do something like this. | 看懂他到底为什么会想这么自驾游 |
[06:55] | All I see is a death stare under the brim of a hat | 而我只能看到他带的酒厂帽子下 |
[06:57] | made of Miller Lite cans. | 那双失去神采的眼睛 |
[07:01] | This is my final word: I’m not going. | 我最后告诉你一声 我 不 去 |
[07:04] | – Eh, great news! Daphne’s coming too! – And so am I! | – 好消息 Daphne和咱们一起去 – 我也去 |
[07:16] | It’s everything I’d hoped it’d be, only better! | 这比我想象中的还要有意思 |
[07:18] | It’s like sitting in your own living room, watching TV, | 感觉就像坐在自家客厅看电视 |
[07:21] | except it isn’t TV, it’s America! | 但这不是电视节目 这就是美国 |
[07:24] | Yes, Dad, it’s the ultimate in reality programming , | 是的 爸爸 这就是真人秀的极致 |
[07:28] | actual reality. | 比珍珠还真的现实 |
[07:29] | OK, we got a turn-off coming up about five miles, so start slowing down. | 五公里左右有个岔路口 开始减速 |
[07:34] | I know, dad. | 知道了 爸爸 |
[07:35] | How does it feel behind that wheel, Dr. Crane? | Crane医生 把着方向盘的感觉怎么样啊 |
[07:38] | Manly. | 爷们儿 |
[07:40] | This is mine and it’s big! | 这把儿是我的 而且够大 |
[07:45] | Oh, my God, it’s like being sealed upright in a formica coffin! | 天呐 感觉像被封在胶木棺材里 |
[07:51] | Remember the old days, Niles? When they were kids, | 还记得以前吗 Niles 他们还是孩子的时候 |
[07:53] | all they had in the back seat was a mayonnaise jar. | 后座可只有一罐蛋黄酱啊 |
[07:58] | Yes. It took quite a bit of skill | 是的 在每小时70公里的情况下 |
[08:00] | to use it successfully at 70 miles an hour. | 吃蛋黄酱着实需要点技巧啊 |
[08:03] | Never really been fond of mayonnaise since. | 从那以后再也不喜欢蛋黄酱了 |
[08:06] | Or speed bumps. | 还有减速带 |
[08:09] | OK, turn-off’s coming up now, about four miles away. | 还有四公里就到岔路口了 |
[08:11] | Get ready. It’s coming up! | 准备好 要到了 |
[08:13] | Alright, you’re OK on the right. It’s never too early to move over. | 好了 右边没车 变道不嫌早的 |
[08:16] | Dad, I was wondering what, what inspired you to choose | 爸 我很好奇 你为什么会选择去总统山 |
[08:21] | that uniquely American man-made wonder, Mount Rushmore? | 这个特别的美国人造奇迹 |
[08:24] | Yeah, it’s obvious. We got a week off, right? | 显而易见啊 我们有一周的休假时间不是嘛 |
[08:27] | That’s as far as we can go in 3 and a half days and still make it back. | 要在七天内来回 这是我们能去到的极限了 |
[08:30] | We get there, get out, walk around, | 我们到了那 下了车 走一走 |
[08:32] | evaluate the presidents, drive back. Boom! | 品评一下各位总统 开回来 到家 |
[08:34] | Another fine landmark under our belts. | 又领略一处有名的地标 |
[08:38] | You’ve certainly got this trip well planned, Mr. Crane. | 你把这次旅行计划地好周详啊 Crane先生 |
[08:41] | Whenever I take a holiday, I just grab a fresh pair of knickers | 换作是我去旅游 就穿一双新鞋 |
[08:44] | and see where the wind takes me. | 看风把我带到哪里去 |
[08:48] | Niles Niles Niles. Niles. | |
[09:03] | You know what, what Daphne’s saying is what we should really be doing. | 其实吧 我们应该学Daphne那样 |
[09:07] | What are you talking about? | 你啥意思 |
[09:09] | Well, you know why should we be so beholden to maps and schedules? | 我们为什么一定要拘泥于地图和行程呢 |
[09:12] | We should roam! | 我们应该随便开 |
[09:13] | Americans has always be enchanted with the romance of the open highway. | 美国人总是着迷于开阔的高速公路的魅力 |
[09:16] | Jack Kerouac went “On The Road”. | Jack Kerouac 走<在路上> |
[09:19] | Buzz and Todd got their kicks on Route 66. | Buzz和Todd也在66号公路上找过乐子 |
[09:22] | The adventure is in the journey. We should just ramble. | 冒险就在旅途当中 我们应该随性而游 |
[09:25] | Good golly, I’m inspired! I’m going to put on a baseball cap. | 天呐 说得太好了 我得带上顶棒球帽 |
[09:30] | Hey, Frasier, watch it, You’re gonna miss the turn-off! | 嘿 Frasier 看路 你要错过岔路口了 |
[09:32] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[09:32] | – We’ll get lost! – Lost from where? We’re in a house on wheels! | – 我们会迷路的 – 迷到哪去 我们在房车里 |
[09:36] | Wherever we go, we’re home! | 不管去哪 我们都是在家里呢 |
[09:37] | Now! It’s coming up! It’s coming up! Alright, turn here! | 现在 到了 到了 好了 就在这转弯 |
[09:40] | This is it! Turn! Turn here! | 就是这 转 转啊 |
[09:43] | – We missed it! – Dad, we didn’t miss anything! | – 我们错过了 – 爸 我们什么都没错过 |
[09:49] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[09:55] | We’re now on the road less travelled. | 我们现在行驶在<少有人走的路>上 |
[09:57] | From now on, there is a new order! | 从现在开始 有一个新规矩 |
[09:59] | We dance to the rhythm of the road. | 让我们伴着公路的节奏起舞 |
[10:02] | Alright, now don’t worry about anything. I, I, I just… | 好了 别担心 我 |
[10:04] | gonna be an access road leading back onto that turn-off. | 肯定有条道能回到刚才那个岔路口的 |
[10:06] | Where was it? Where was it? | 在哪来着 在哪来着 |
[10:09] | Oh, it’s always in the crack! | 总是在缝隙里 |
[10:15] | So is life, Dad. | 生活也是如此 爸 |
[10:22] | I got to say I was pretty anxious, | 我之前的确很担心 |
[10:23] | but I’m starting to like this free spirit stuff. | 但我开始喜欢上这种随心所欲的感觉了 |
[10:26] | Dad, dad, look, there’s, there’s an historical marker up ahead. | 爸 爸 看 那 前面那有个历史地标 |
[10:29] | Let’s stop. Let’s go see it. | 咱们停下吧 去看看 |
[10:30] | Just driving wherever you feel like it. | 开车要随心所欲啊 |
[10:33] | It’s educational, dad. There! There! | 是有教育意义的地标啊 爸 那儿 在那 |
[10:35] | There! There! There! There! There! There! There! | 那 那 那 那 那 那 那 |
[10:39] | – What did it say? – I have no idea. | – 上面写的什么 – 我哪知道 |
[10:40] | The only word I saw was “Legendary”. | 我看清的唯一一个词是”传奇的” |
[10:44] | Oh, look, look, a roadside stand. Fresh fruit, home-made apple cider! | 看 看 一个路边摊 新鲜水果 自制的苹果酒 |
[10:48] | – Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! Dad! – Oh! | – 爸 爸 爸 爸 爸 爸 爸 爸 – 哦 |
[10:54] | Look, dad, you seem to be missing the freewheeling concept. | 听我说 爸 你搞错随心所欲的概念了 |
[10:58] | We’re supposed to go where the wind blows us, for God’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上 我们该去风带我们去的地方 |
[11:01] | It’s blowing, we’re going. Why are you moaning? | 风在吹着 我们在开着 你在抱怨什么 |
[11:06] | what is this obsession you have with covering a certain distance. | 你是不是强迫症啊 不开到一定距离不肯停是吧 |
[11:08] | It’s just the way I relax. Hey, watch it! I got my kids in the car! | 这是我放松的方式 看着点 我车上有孩子啊 |
[11:14] | Whoa! | 哇 |
[11:19] | Look, what you call “Relaxing” seems like a man with an obsession to me. | 你所谓的”放松” 就像是种强迫症 |
[11:22] | Don’t you think so, Niles? Niles, what are you doing? | 你不觉得吗 Niles Niles 你在干嘛 |
[11:26] | Making a vacation video, | 在录旅行视频 |
[11:27] | Something that we can look at years from now, | 这样以后我们能 |
[11:29] | over and over and over again. | 一遍一遍又一遍地看 |
[11:31] | Just give me that! | 给我拿来 |
[11:32] | OKay. You guys want to stop so bad, | 好了 你们这么想停下 |
[11:33] | we’ll stop. See that sign over there? | 咱们就停下 看到那边那个标识了吗 |
[11:36] | “Have your picture taken | “和活的灰熊一起拍照片 |
[11:37] | with a live grizzly bear.bear – Marvella’s souvenirs and gifts – one mile.” | Marvella纪念品商店 距此一英里” |
[11:40] | I always wanted to have my picture taken with a bear. | 我一直想和熊一起拍张照片啊 |
[11:42] | Well, some dreams cannot be denied. | 你不能拒绝梦想的召唤啊 |
[11:46] | OK, Dad, you’re good here. You’re good on my side, dad. | 好了 爸爸 这里可以转 我这个方向没车 爸 |
[11:48] | Alright, don’t…Just go ahead and easy run over. | 好了 别 往前走 |
[11:50] | It’s never too early to change lane. | 慢慢开 现在可以变道了 |
[11:51] | Oh, my God! It must be genetic. | 天呐 这绝对是遗传 |
[12:04] | Get your dog away from my bear. I just had him cleaned. | 让你的狗和我的熊保持距离 我刚把他弄干净 |
[12:07] | He’s stuffed. | 这是毛绒的啊 |
[12:09] | – No, your sign said a “Live” Bear. – It’s an old sign. | – 你的标识写的是”活”熊 – 那标识太老了 |
[12:15] | Would you look at that view! It’s like we’re really there! | 快看看这景色 简直身临其境啊 |
[12:18] | Yes, but if we were actually there, dad, | 嗯 如果我们真在那的话 爸 |
[12:19] | we’d be whizzing by it at 50 mph. | 会被它以每小时50公里的速度扇飞 |
[12:22] | Frasier, look! It’s the gourmet food department. | Frasier 看 这还有食品区 |
[12:25] | – Oh, home-made deer jerky! – “No sampling.” | – 哦 自制鹿干 – “不许试吃” |
[12:28] | – No problem. – OK, excuse me, would you take our picture, please? | – 没问题啊 – 抱歉 能帮我们照张像吗 |
[12:33] | Niles, Frasier, come on up here. OKay, | Niles Frasier 快过来 好了 |
[12:36] | everybody, alright. Here we go. Everybody ready? | 大家 站好 大家准备好了吗 |
[12:38] | – What, what, what, what, what should we do? – Well, how about this? | – 啥 啥 啥 啥 我们该做啥动作 – 这个怎么样 |
[12:42] | Ah, that’s great! I like that. OK, everybody. | 这个不错 我喜欢 好了 各位 |
[12:44] | – Eddie! – Now, before I take it, you know it’s $10 Canadian. | – Eddie – 提前说下 一张照片10加元 |
[12:48] | Oh, for a treasured memory like this, what’s money? | 哦 对于美好的记忆来说 钱算什么 |
[12:50] | – OKay. One… – Why would you want Canadian dollars? | – 好吧 一 – 你为什么要加元 |
[12:53] | – Two… – Cause’ we’re in Canada. | – 二 – 因为我们在加拿大 |
[12:55] | – Three…- ARH… We’re in Canada? | – 三 – 啊 我们在加拿大啊 |
[13:00] | Yeah, we crossed the border a little while ago. You were taking a nap. | 是啊 我们过边境好一会了 你那时候在睡觉 |
[13:04] | But I can’t be in Canada! I’m not allowed to leave the United States. | 但是我不能出现在加拿大 我不能离开美国啊 |
[13:08] | – Why? – Because, I don’t have me green card yet! | – 为什么 – 因为我还没拿到绿卡 |
[13:12] | Oh, this is just perfect! Three months till me final interview. | 真是好极了 距离我的最后面试只有三个月了 |
[13:17] | The one thing they told me not to do was leave the country. | 我只要不离开美国边境就可以了 |
[13:20] | And what do you do? Wait untill the first time I fall asleep, | 结果你们怎么着 我难得第一次睡着 |
[13:24] | and drag me across the bleeding border! | 就带着我过了这该死的国境 |
[13:26] | They never gonna let me back in! | 他们再也不会让我回去了 |
[13:28] | They have to take you back, it’s not your fault. | 他们必须让你回去 这不是你的错 |
[13:30] | This would’t have happened if you weren’t so hell-bent | 如果不是你开了这么多远 |
[13:32] | on getting somebody miles on the hell-bent today! | 才不会发生这种事 |
[13:33] | Well, you’re the one who had to go where the wind blows! | 还不是你说要跟着风走的 |
[13:44] | Never mind whose fault it is. | 别管是谁的错了 |
[13:46] | I’m stuck here. What am I gonna do? | 我被困在这了 我该怎么办 |
[13:49] | We’ll just go to the authorities and explain. | 我们去找负责出入境管理的人 跟她们解释 |
[13:50] | I’m sure mishaps like this happen all the time. | 这种小事故肯定是常有的事 |
[13:52] | Oh, get real, Niles, they got the rules. | 现实点吧 Niles 人家有规定的 |
[13:55] | Oh, then, what’s your solution, dad? | 那你有什么办法呢 爸 |
[13:56] | – We just sneak her back across the border. – That’s called smuggling. | – 我们带她溜回边境 – 那叫偷渡 |
[14:00] | Oh, thanks, Niles! | 谢谢你啊 Niles |
[14:02] | I knew it was something bad guys did. | 我知道这是坏人才会做的事 |
[14:04] | I just didn’t know the technical term. | 我就是不知道术语该怎么说 |
[14:06] | Dad, I can’t believe that you of all people, | 爸 我不能相信 你作为一个退休警察 |
[14:08] | a former policeman, were actually suggesting we commit a felony? | 竟然建议我们犯这种重罪 |
[14:10] | Oh, I’ve crossed this border plenty. | 我经常过边境的好嘛 |
[14:13] | 99 times out of a hundred, | 100次里有99次 |
[14:14] | the guards just picking the door and wave you through. | 警卫只是把门开开 让你过去 |
[14:16] | It’s not big deal, come on, let’s get out of here. | 没什么了不起的 走吧 咱们走 |
[14:18] | What if they pull us over? | 要是他们让咱们停车呢 |
[14:20] | Well, then Daphne just got to convince them that she’s an American. | 那Daphne只要让他们相信她是美国人 |
[14:23] | Bloody right! It beats having me bum bounced back across the pond. | 没错 总比把我咻一下扔回英国要好 |
[14:27] | – Let’s give it a bash. – Oh, yes, this is foolproof! | – 我们铤而走险一次 – 嗯 绝对万无一失呢 |
[14:35] | I’m about to defraud the US Immigration Department. | 我要去欺骗美国移民部门了 |
[14:38] | Not just me, my father, my older brother. | 不只是我 还有我爸 我哥 |
[14:41] | People who should be my role models for me. | 他们本该是我的榜样 |
[14:42] | It’s not my fault. I’m the product of a bad environment. | 这不是我的错 我就是一个坏环境的产物 |
[14:46] | Now listen, on the off chance that the guard asks you a question, | 听着 万一警卫问你问题 |
[14:49] | – Sure. can you say anything in an American accent? – Sure. | – 你回答的时候 能用美国口音吗 – 当然 |
[14:52] | – OK, what? – You just heard it. | – 好的 说两句看看 – 我刚不说了嘛 |
[14:55] | – What? – Sure. | – 啥 – 当然 |
[14:59] | That’s it! That’s all I can say. Oh, I need a cup of tea. | 就这句 我就会说这一句 我得喝杯茶 |
[15:02] | Tea? Why not you just wave a crumpet | 喝茶 你怎么不干脆 |
[15:05] | in the air and start singing “God Save the Queen”? | 在空中挥着松脆饼 然后唱<天佑女王>呢 |
[15:10] | Don’t you snap at her, Frasier. You’re a psychiatrist. | 别对她发火 Frasier 你是心理医生 |
[15:13] | You should be in better control of your emotions. | 你应该比一般人更懂得控制情绪 |
[15:15] | Oh, my God, there’s the border! I can see the line of guards! | 天呐 边境到了 我看到成排的警卫了 |
[15:17] | All right. All right. All right. Now everybody calm down. We’re gonna be fine. | 好了 好了 好了 大家镇定点 不会有事的 |
[15:21] | Just remember, they’re gonna be looking for suspicious behaviour. | 记注 他们会寻找可疑的举动 |
[15:25] | Niles, that qualifies. | Nile 就是你这样 |
[15:27] | Alright, now if the guard pokes his head in here, | 好了 现在 如果警卫把脑袋戳进来 |
[15:30] | what do we say he’s gonna see? | 我们要让他看见什么 |
[15:32] | Four carefree Americans. | 四个无忧无虑的美国人 |
[15:36] | I’ve never been so nervous. | 我从没这么紧张过 |
[15:38] | Actually, I don’t think there is any need to be. | 其实我觉得这完全没有必要 |
[15:40] | Looks like they’re waving everybody through, | 看上去 他们在挥手让每个人过去 |
[15:41] | they, they not even asking any questions! | 他们都没有问问题 |
[15:43] | Please, please, please! | 拜托 拜托 拜托 |
[15:45] | OK, then, they’re waving us through. They’re waving us through! | 他们挥手让我们过去了 他们让我们过去了 |
[15:48] | They’re pulling us over! | 他们叫我们停下了 |
[15:52] | They’re pulling us over! | 他们叫我们停下了 |
[15:58] | – Here comes the guard. – I can’t do this. | – 警卫来了 – 我做不到 |
[16:00] | Now everything’s gonna be fine, don’t worry. | 不会有问题的 别担心 |
[16:02] | Just remember to keep your answers short. | 记得回答要简短 |
[16:03] | People want something to hide always talk too much. | 有所隐瞒的人总是会话多 |
[16:07] | – Hi, folks. – Hi. | – 各位好啊 – 你好 |
[16:09] | – Have a good time in Canada? – Great! | – 在加拿大玩得开心吗 – 很开心 |
[16:10] | Canada, wow. | 加拿大 好地方 |
[16:11] | What’s the purpose of your trip to Canada, sir? | 你们去加拿大干嘛呢 先生 |
[16:16] | Fun. | 玩 |
[16:24] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[16:25] | – And, where were you born, sir? – Ah, Seattle, Washington. | – 你在哪出生的 先生 – 西雅图 华盛顿州 |
[16:28] | Oh, you want to know what country. America, of course! | – 你想知道是哪个国家 美国 当然啦 |
[16:32] | I’m quite an American really, I vote all the time, | 我是个十足的美国人 真的 我经常投选票的 |
[16:34] | and always for the law and order guy… | 而且总是投给警察和执法人员 |
[16:35] | That’s fine, sir, I don’t need any more detail. | 够了 先生 细节就不需要了 |
[16:39] | And you, miss? | 那你呢 小姐 |
[16:41] | Did you enjoy Canada? | 在加拿大玩得开心吗 |
[16:42] | Sure. | 当然 |
[16:47] | And the weather? | 喜欢那的天气吗 |
[16:48] | Sure. Sure. | 当然 当然 |
[16:53] | – Is this your vehicle, sir? – Oh, no. Yeah, yes, well, I rented it. | – 这是你的车吗 – 不 是 是的 我租的 |
[16:56] | Yeah, it’s, it’s, it’s American-made, you see. I always look for that union label. | 是 是美国产的 我总是会看车上这个工会标签 |
[17:00] | I just need your licence and registration. | 我需要你的驾照和车辆登记证 |
[17:02] | Oh, right. It’s right here, it’s a little psychotic here. | 是的 在这 有点混乱 |
[17:05] | There’s the registration… | 这是车辆登记证 |
[17:06] | Let me get my licence out for you. Here we are. | 等我把驾照拿出来 给你 |
[17:12] | Stay right here. | 稍等一下 |
[17:15] | Well, I certainly can depend on my gang, can’t I? | 看来我的这帮队友是靠不住的 是吧 |
[17:23] | – That’s it. I’m going to be arrested! – We’re all getting arrested. | – 完蛋了 我会被逮捕 – 我们都会被逮捕 |
[17:27] | Yes, but I have delicate features. Prison will be hell for me. | 是的 但我面容姣美 监狱会是我的地狱 |
[17:32] | Cool it, Niles. | 放松 Niles |
[17:35] | It’s too late to turn back. I say we make a run for it. | 倒车回去太晚了 要我说咱们跑路吧 |
[17:38] | Oh, great idea! A high-speed chase in an eight-ton motor home! | 好主意 用一辆八吨重的房车玩高速追逐 |
[17:43] | It’ll make an amusing anecdote for the border guard newsletter. | 这会是边境警卫简报上一则好笑的趣闻 |
[17:46] | Alright, everybody just shut up. | 好了 都给我闭嘴 |
[17:48] | Now you keep babbling like this, they’ll catch us for sure. | 你们再这么七嘴八舌下去 他们不抓我们就怪了 |
[17:51] | He’s coming back. | 他回来了 |
[17:54] | Well, these check out. | 好了 这些都检查过了 |
[17:56] | Well, we’re all strictly on the up and up. | 我们都是很遵纪守法的 |
[18:00] | Miss, you’ve been very quiet. | 这位小姐 你一直很安静 |
[18:02] | Is there something I should know here? | 是不是有什么我该知道的事 |
[18:06] | You seem awfully nervous. | 你看上去非常紧张 |
[18:09] | May I have your name, please? | 能告诉我你的名字吗 |
[18:16] | Aw, all right. I guess I should have known better than to try this. | 好吧 我一开始就不该铤而走险啊 |
[18:20] | – Dad, don’t. – It was just, it was just a mistake! | – 爸 不要 – 这是 只是个失误 |
[18:22] | You may just wanna back off. What is that you want to say, sir? | 请你退后 先生 你想说什么 |
[18:26] | We were trying to put one over on you. Eddie! | 我们是有件事想瞒过你 Eddie |
[18:32] | We don’t have a rabies certificate for the dog. | 我们的狗没有狂犬病防疫证明书 |
[18:36] | I knew something was going on here. | 我就知道有问题 |
[18:37] | Yeah, Well, you see, we weren’t planning on coming here, | 我们本来没打算来这儿 |
[18:40] | when we got to the border we just forgot all about it. | 结果开到边境就给忘了 |
[18:42] | Yes, I for one, didn’t even know that you needed one. | 我个人都不知道还需要这张证明呢 |
[18:44] | Yes! But ignorance of the law is no defence, | 是的 但是触犯了法律始终难辞其咎 |
[18:47] | so take the little dog away and we’ll be off. | 把小狗带走吧 我们马上离开 |
[18:54] | Look, this my fault. | 是我的错 |
[18:56] | If you’re worried that we picked the dog up here in Canada. | 如果你担心我们是在加拿大捡到的这只狗 |
[18:59] | Will, we didn’t. | 事实并非如此 |
[19:00] | I mean I, I got a picture I can show you. | 我这有张照片可以证明 |
[19:02] | Here’s, here’s a picture of him taken at the Seattle Space Needle. | 这 这是我和他一起在西雅图太空针塔照的 |
[19:07] | – I see you got a badge there. – Oh, yeah! | – 我看你有个徽章嘛 – 哦 是的 |
[19:12] | – Are you a policeman? – Retired. | – 你是警察 – 退休了 |
[19:14] | Thirty years on the Seattle Police Force. | 西雅图警署干了30年 |
[19:16] | Me of all people should know better. | 我本来应该是最清楚这些条列的人 |
[19:18] | – Absolutely. – Definitely. | – 绝对 – 肯定 |
[19:20] | Sure. | 当然 |
[19:27] | Next time, remember the rabies certificate. Have a safe trip home. | 下次记得带狂犬病防疫证明书 祝你们一路顺风 |
[19:30] | – Thanks, officer. – Thank you. | – 谢了 长官 – 谢谢你 |
[19:35] | Drive! | 开车 |
[19:44] | Oh, they would have returned you eventually! | 他们总有一天会你遣送回去的 |
[19:50] | So, dad, how long till we get home? | 爸 咱们还有多长时间到家 |
[19:52] | Oh, about two hours. | 大概两个小时 |
[19:54] | This highway goes right into Seattle. | 这条高速直通西雅图 |
[19:56] | – Why don’t you line back take a little nap? – Oh, no, I’m OK. | – 你为什么不去后面躺一会 – 不 我不困 |
[20:00] | – Thought maybe we’d chat a little bit. – Oh yeah, great. | – 想着也许咱们能聊一会儿 – 当然 好啊 |
[20:15] | You know, Frasier. I just can’t help it. | Frasier 我也没办法 |
[20:18] | When we’re alone together, I just don’t know what the hell to say. | 咱俩独处的时候 我就是不知道该说什么 |
[20:22] | I’m sure you figure out | 你应该也猜得到 |
[20:22] | that’s why I asked Daphne to come along. | 我叫Daphne一起来就是为了避免这种情况 |
[20:25] | Well, I had my suspicions, but I’d hoped there wasn’t the case. | 我是怀疑过 但我希望不是这个原因 |
[20:28] | Oh, knock it off. That’s why you asked Niles to come along too. | 别装了 这也是你叫Niles一起来的原因吧 |
[20:31] | Well, that’s why I asked him, but that’s not why he came. | 这是我叫他来的原因 但他答应来不是为了我 |
[20:37] | Well, a funny thing, we didn’t have such a bad time, did we? | 有趣的是 我们在一起还不算太难熬 不是吗 |
[20:44] | “See you got a badge there.” “Oh, yeah!” | “我看你有个徽章嘛” “哦 是的” |
[20:50] | – Pretty slick, huh? – Yeah. | – 够狡猾吧 – 是啊 |
[20:59] | You know, dad, no reason to cut our trip short. | 爸 其实没必要缩短我们的行程 |
[21:03] | According to this map, we’re not that far from Yellowstone. | 地图上来看 我们离黄石公园不远 |
[21:06] | – Oh, I always wanted to see Old Faithful. – Me, too. | – 我一直都想见识一下忠实泉 – 我也是 |
[21:09] | Yeah, if you want a real adventure, | 如果你想来一次真正的冒险 |
[21:11] | we can drop these two Sleeping Beauties off home first. | 我们可以先把这两个睡美人送回家 |
[21:15] | – Do you mean it, just, just the two of us, alone? – Yeah! | – 你说真的 只有咱俩 单独去 – 是啊 |
[21:19] | – Just, just you and me, father and son? – Yeah. | – 只有你和我 父亲和儿子 – 是啊 |
[21:22] | Yeah, you and me, camping on in Yellowstone, all alone. | 你和我 在黄石公园扎营 就我们俩 |
[21:25] | All by ourselves! | 就咱俩 |
[21:36] | Well, you know… it, it’d be a shame if | 呃 就是吧 如果没让Daphne |
[21:38] | Daphne didn’t get to see those Indian paint pots. | 见识下印第安彩绘池 恐怕不太好 |
[21:41] | – Yes, of course. – Yeah, they are a real miracle of nature. | – 是啊 当然 – 它们真的是大自然的奇迹 |
[21:44] | Yeah, yeah. | 是啊 是啊 |
[21:46] | Wouldn’t be fair to leave Niles | 把Niles自己留在那小房子里 |
[21:47] | just ramble around the little house all by himself. | 乱转也不公平 |
[21:49] | Maris out of town, that’d be cruel. | Maris还出城了 留他自己太残忍了 |
[21:51] | Yeah, absolutely. | 是啊 绝对的 |
[21:53] | So, how long do you figure it’ll take us to the Yellowstone? | 开车去黄石公园要多久 |
[21:55] | Well, if we drive all night, we’ll be there tomorrow. | 开一整晚的话 明早就能到了 |
[21:57] | Oh, It’d be a nice surprise for the two of them | 等他们明早起来 |
[21:59] | when they wake up in the morning. | 绝对是个惊喜 |
[22:00] | Yeah, I got a better surprise than that. | 我有个更大的惊喜 |
[22:03] | Let’s tell Daphne we’re in Mexico! | 告诉Daphne我们到墨西哥了 |