时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Here you go, Doc… Your usual. | 来 医生 老样子 |
[00:09] | My usual.How lovely it is to have a usual. | 老样子 已经有个老样子了 真不错 |
[00:14] | – What is this? – Latte with nutmeg and cinnamon. | – 这是什么 – 肉桂拿铁加豆蔻 |
[00:18] | That’s my brother’s usual. I’m the double Kona with cream. | 那是我弟弟常点的 我的是双份科纳咖啡加奶油 |
[00:23] | Oh, Frasier, am I glad to see you. | Frasier 见到你真是太好了 |
[00:26] | – Your usual, Doc? – Please. | – 老样子吗 医生 – 好的 |
[00:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢哈 |
[00:34] | Niles, you seem more than usually agitated today. A problem? | Niles 你好像比平时还要焦虑 怎么了 |
[00:38] | I’m meeting my publisher here in fifteen minutes. | 我的出版商15分钟后要在这和我碰头 |
[00:40] | Remember the book dealer I signed last month | 记得上个月和我签合同的出版商吗 |
[00:42] | that you were so jealous of. | 你还很嫉妒的那个 |
[00:43] | I wasn’t jealous, Niles.You just want me to be jealous. | 我才不嫉妒 Niles 是你想我嫉妒 |
[00:45] | Well, it’s all moot anyway, the deal’s about to be killed. | 现在争这个也没有意义了 合同要黄了 |
[00:48] | It turns out the idea I sold them had already been done. | 我卖给他们的点子已经被用过了 |
[00:51] | They gave me until today to come up with an alternative, | 他们让我重想一个 今天是最后期限了 |
[00:53] | and I’ve got bupkes. I’ve got less than bupkes. | 我能想出个鬼啊 我连个鬼都想不出来 |
[00:56] | I’ve got what bupkes | 我现在能想到的 |
[00:57] | keeps for lint in the bottom of his pocket! | 最多只有鬼口袋里的棉絮那么点儿 |
[01:00] | – Can you just ask for an extension? – No, I’ve had two already. | – 能请求延期吗 – 不能 我已经延过两次了 |
[01:05] | Oh God, there he is. Sam, so good to see you. | 天呐 他来了 Sam 真高兴见到你 |
[01:08] | – Niles – Sam Tanaka – Niles. – Sam Tanaka, | |
[01:11] | my brother Dr. Frasier Crane. | 这是我哥哥 Frasier Crane医生 |
[01:12] | – It’s a pleasure. – Nice to meet you. | – 幸会 – 很高兴认识你 |
[01:13] | Sam, would you like a coffee? | Sam 要来杯咖啡吗 |
[01:15] | I’ll have what he’s having. | 就来杯和他一样的吧 |
[01:16] | So you shall. | 如你所愿 |
[01:19] | One more, please. | 再来一杯 谢谢 |
[01:21] | Wait a second, you’re the doctor from the radio, | 等一下 你是广播里的那个医生 |
[01:24] | – aren’t you? – Guilty as charged. | – 对不对 – 正是在下 |
[01:27] | – I listen to your show all the time. – Oh, thank you. | – 我一直听你的节目的 – 谢谢 |
[01:29] | Funny, I never put it together that you two were brothers. | 真有趣 我从没想过你们俩居然会是兄弟 |
[01:32] | All our lives! | 从来没人想到过 |
[01:36] | Well, you two must have incredible insight into sibling relationships. | 您二位一定对兄弟间的关系有很深的见地 |
[01:40] | No more than your average psychiatrist brothers. | 也不比其他同是心理学家的兄弟要深多少 |
[01:44] | So Niles, what’s your idea? | Niles 有想法了吗 |
[01:50] | My idea. Well, Sam, You know I’ve given it a lot of thought, | 我的想法 Sam 我想了很多 |
[01:52] | and it’s not easy… | 但这不容易啊 |
[01:53] | – you know, you’d almost think there’s a book in that. – In what? | – 这些基本就可以写成一本书了 – 哪些 |
[01:57] | Two psychiatrist brothers writing about sibling relationships. | 心理学家两兄弟写兄弟姐妹间的关系 |
[02:02] | That, Sam, is why you are the most respectedpublisher | Sam 所以说你是西雅图 |
[02:04] | in the greater Seattle area. | 最令人钦佩的出版商嘛 |
[02:05] | That is exactly the idea we were going to pitch to you! | 我们正要跟你说这个想法呢 |
[02:07] | – What?! – Terrific! | – 啥 – 太棒了 |
[02:09] | Oh, I, I hate to interrupt… | 我不想打断你们但是… |
[02:10] | Excuse me, gentlemen, I’m going to cancel my lunch date | 先生们 我去取消午餐的预约 |
[02:14] | so I can take you two out to celebrate. | 我要带你们出去庆祝一下 |
[02:17] | Oh, well, we were going to write today, but OK. | 我们本来打算今天开始写的 不过好吧 |
[02:21] | Niles, What the hell are you doing? | Niles 你在搞什么 |
[02:23] | I don’t wanna write a book. For God’s sake, I’m outta here. | 我可不想写什么书 我走了 |
[02:25] | Frasier, I know it’s asking a big favor. | Frasier 我知道这次是要你帮个大忙 |
[02:28] | I mean, I know you’re busy. | 我也知道你很忙 |
[02:30] | But, I just want you to know that | 实话告诉你 |
[02:31] | all of my life I’ve dreamed of one thing: | 我一生的梦想就是 |
[02:33] | the day I could go into a library and go to the card catalogue | 有天我走进图书馆查看分类目录时 |
[02:36] | and see my name under “mental illness”; | 看到我的名字出现在”精神疾病”那栏里 |
[02:44] | the day I could finally feel what you feel; | 有一天我能终于体会你现在的感受 |
[02:46] | that I’m somebody, | 我也能有名有姓 |
[02:48] | not just one more dusty little psychiatrist | 而不只是一个穿着黑色条纹西装 |
[02:50] | and a grey pinstripe suit. | 无人问津的小心理医生 |
[02:52] | Niles Oh, Niles, I… | |
[02:53] | Come on! We haven’t collaborated on anything together | 拜托 除了读预科的时候一起为春季音乐剧写过曲 |
[02:55] | since we wrote the spring musicale in prep school. | 之后我们就再也没有合作过了 |
[02:58] | Yes, well, it was well received. | 当时倒真是挺受欢迎的 |
[03:02] | It did get us out of gym class. | 还让我们成功地逃掉了体育课 |
[03:05] | – It could be like that again. – I don’t know, Niles. | – 我们可以再来一次啊 – 我不确定 Niles |
[03:08] | Ump-da, ump-da, ump-da, da-da-da, ump-da, ump-da, ump-da… | 嗯哒 嗯哒 嗯哒 哒哒哒哒 嗯哒 嗯哒 嗯哒 |
[03:14] | Though some boys go to college, but we think they’re all wussies, | 有些人虽然要去上大学 但他们只是群废物 |
[03:18] | Cause they get all the knowledge, | 因为他们只有知识 |
[03:19] | and we get all the… Ump-da, ump-da, ump-da, | 而我们却有 嗯哒 嗯哒 嗯哒 |
[03:22] | da-da-da, ump-da, ump-da, ump-da… | 哒哒哒哒 嗯哒 嗯哒 嗯哒 |
[03:23] | – All right, I’ll do it! – Yes! | – 好吧 我帮你 – 太好了 |
[03:32] | – Dumas frere! – Dumas frasier! | – 仲马弟 – 仲马兄 |
[03:35] | Hello Niles, what are you doing over here? | Niles 你来这干嘛 |
[03:38] | Oh Dad, I told you it’s our first writing session tonight. | 爸 我跟你说过 今天是我们第一次创作会议 |
[03:40] | But I thought you were doing it over Niles’s house. | 我以为你们会去Niles家 |
[03:42] | Er, We were supposed to. Unfortunately, it’s Maris’s turn | 本来是这样 但是不走运 轮到Maris |
[03:44] | to host her sherry tasting group | 主持雪利酒品鉴活动 |
[03:46] | and things get a little raucous when she does. | 每到这个时候家里就会很闹腾 |
[03:49] | But “The Silencer”‘s on in twenty minutes. | 但是<魔鬼女煞星>还有二十分钟就要开始啦 |
[03:51] | Dad, I’ve solved that problem. | 爸 我有办法 |
[03:52] | I’ve bought you these headphones, now here, you see? | 我给你买了耳机 |
[03:54] | You’ll be able to listen to the TV | 这样你能听到电视的声音 |
[03:56] | without disturbing Niles and me while we work. | 也不会打扰我和Niles工作 |
[03:58] | What about Eddie? How’s he gonna hear? | Eddie怎么办 他怎么听 |
[04:03] | He can read about the game in tomorrow’s paper. | 他可以在明天的报纸上看到比赛结果 |
[04:08] | Try ’em out there. | 试一试吧 |
[04:12] | Hey, not bad! | 嘿 还真不赖 |
[04:16] | Very clever solution. | 好主意啊 |
[04:17] | Yes, and it also has another little feature that I like a lot. | 它还有一个用处我很喜欢 |
[04:20] | Watch this. Hey, Dad! Nice shirt | 看好 爸 衬衫不错哈 |
[04:26] | Did they throw that in the last time you had your tires rotated? | 是你上次去换轮胎的时候 别人扔掉不要的吗 |
[04:32] | Hey Dad? Tell us about the time you met Dwight Eisenhower. | 嘿 老爸 跟我们讲讲你遇见艾森豪威尔总统的事 |
[04:35] | We haven’t heard that story this hour. | 你这个小时内 还没讲过这故事呢 |
[04:40] | Okay, okay, my turn. Hey, Dad?Remember… | 好了好了 到我了 嘿 老爸 |
[04:43] | Say another word and I’ll club you both with my cane. | 你再敢多说一个字 我就拿拐杖揍你们 |
[04:52] | Hey, This is great, thanks a lot. | 这真挺好用的 谢啦 |
[04:54] | – You betcha. – Watch out for this for me, Eddie. | – 那还用说 – 帮我看好这个 Eddie |
[04:57] | I’m going to get myself a little snack. Who wants a beer? | 我去找点吃的 谁要啤酒 |
[04:59] | Just you. | 自己想喝直说嘛 |
[05:02] | Alright now, Niles, this is no time to procrastinate. | 好了 Niles 该干正经事了 |
[05:05] | OK, here we go. | 好 现在开始 |
[05:08] | Chapter one, page one, paragraph one. | 第一章 第一页 第一段 |
[05:12] | I’m indenting! | 我在”首行缩进”耶 |
[05:18] | I hate to squash your enthusiasm, | 我不是想打击你的积极性 |
[05:20] | but don’t you think before we start actually typing the book, | 不过开始写之前 |
[05:23] | we should discuss what the book is going to be about! | 难道不应该先把书的主题讨论出来吗 |
[05:27] | Forgive me for just barrelling ahead, but damn it, I’m jazzed! | 不好意思我太性急了 但是我就是兴奋啊 |
[05:33] | You know, we have to approach this book from a completely different angle | 我们要从一个崭新的角度切入 |
[05:37] | from all of our previous writings, our dissertations, our theses… | 完全不同于我们之前那些专题和论文 |
[05:40] | Oh, that’s right. Yeah, this has to be interesting. | 没错 这次一定要有趣一点 |
[05:45] | Well, the obvious approach is case histories. we’ll fill the book with | 最直观的切入就是案例 书里面可以写 |
[05:48] | anecdotes about brothers and sisters we’ve dealt with | 我们这些年来处理过的 |
[05:50] | all these years in our practice. | 兄弟姐妹间的真人轶事 |
[05:52] | Yes, and if we throw in a few references to heaving | 如果案例里还能提到起伏的胸脯 |
[05:54] | bosoms we’ll make Book of the Month Club. | 那我们的书就能进”每月一书俱乐部”啦 |
[05:57] | Why, I could tell you a couple of stories about you guys | 我可以讲几个你们俩以前的故事 |
[06:00] | you could throw in there. | 让你们写进书里 |
[06:02] | That’s an interesting idea. | 这主意有意思 |
[06:04] | We could use ourselves, | 用自己的故事也不错 |
[06:05] | it would make a delicious introduction to our book. | 书的简介肯定会别有一番风味 |
[06:07] | I like the introduction idea. | 这个主意我喜欢 |
[06:08] | Dad, Ok, give us your best story. | 老爸 跟我们讲个最精彩的 |
[06:11] | The one you feel depicts little Niles and little Frasier at | 最能表现小Niles和小Frasier之间的 |
[06:14] | their conflicted best. | 矛盾冲突的故事 |
[06:16] | Oh, that had to be when we went trout fishing up | 那就是我们去湖边 |
[06:18] | at that lake whats-its-name. | 钓鳟鱼 |
[06:19] | Boy,you guys were at it tooth and nail. | 你们哥俩为了条鱼吵得不可开交 |
[06:21] | This is good. This’ is interesting. | 这个不错 挺有趣的 |
[06:23] | Now, what was the name of that lake again? | 那片湖叫什么名字来着 |
[06:24] | Dad, the name of the lake is immaterial. | 老爸 湖名无关紧要的 |
[06:26] | It’s an Indian word, Lake Watchahatchee? | 是个印度名儿 Watchahatchee湖吗 |
[06:30] | Dad, you’re missing the point. | 老爸 你跑题了 |
[06:31] | Oh, your mother would know. Too bad she’s dead! | 你老妈肯定知道 可惜她已经不在了 |
[06:34] | Whachakootchie Er, Whachakootchie? | |
[06:37] | Coochawatchie? It was an Indian word. | 还是Coochawatchie 是个印度名儿 |
[06:40] | – It meant “Land of a thousand…” No! – Dad… | – 意思是”千里无一的…” – 爸 |
[06:43] | This is driving me nuts. Now I’m gonna go in there and look it up. | 太抓狂了 我得去查查 |
[06:47] | Dad, We just want the story. | 爸 我们只要听故事 |
[06:48] | No, that’s all right. Where the hell did I put my atlas? | 好啦 地图都被我放哪了? |
[06:52] | Quite a resource, isn’t he? | 他讲个故事真尽责啊 |
[06:54] | We’ll just put the introduction on hold. | 那简介就等会儿写吧 |
[06:56] | Okay, Back to case histories. | 好 说回到案例 |
[06:58] | Well, I suppose I could go and get my files out of storage after the re… | 我要不去储藏室把我的档案都给拿出来 |
[07:03] | Niles, is there a light bulb over my head? | Niles 我脑袋上是不是冒出了个灯泡 |
[07:08] | You have an idea? | 你有主意了 |
[07:10] | No, I am asking you is there actually a light bulb. | 不 当然是问你我头上是不是真有个灯泡 |
[07:15] | Of course I have an idea, | 我当然是想到主意了 |
[07:16] | it’s my radio show! | 就是我的电台节目啊 |
[07:18] | I mean what better source of case histories can there be? | 还有什么更好的案例来源呐 |
[07:20] | I’ll just ask listeners to call in with their personal stories | 让听众们打电话来说他们自己的故事 |
[07:23] | of sibling conflict and you can be my guest on the show. | 说说兄弟姐妹的矛盾 你可以来当嘉宾 |
[07:26] | So, what you’re suggesting is we exploit your listeners’ life | 你是说利用听众的真实生活 |
[07:29] | for our own gain? | 来谋取我们的个人利益 |
[07:32] | In essence, yes. | 差不多 是吧 |
[07:35] | – What do you think? – I think it’s borderline sleazy. Let’s go for it. | – 你觉得如何 – 太没底线了 就这么办吧 |
[07:48] | Hello, Roz. | 你好 Roz |
[07:49] | Hey, Fraiser. What’s your brother doing here? | 你好 Fraiser 你弟弟在这做什么 |
[07:51] | He’s going to be my guest on the show today. | 他是我今晚的嘉宾 |
[07:52] | Oh, no. I don’t think so. | 不 不行 |
[07:55] | I am the producer, | 我是制片人 |
[07:56] | and I approve the guests. This wasn’t run by me, | 我来决定嘉宾 这件事没有通过我允许 |
[07:59] | and I do not approve him. | 我不同意他来当嘉宾 |
[08:00] | OK, Roz, bye-bye, have a good show. | 那好 拜拜 祝你节目顺利 |
[08:02] | Okay, Okay, he’s approved. | 好吧 好吧 我批准了 |
[08:04] | But I will not get him coffee, | 但我不会给他跑腿买咖啡 |
[08:05] | I won’t run his Errands and I’m not taking any of his crapola | 不会听他使唤 也不会听他胡扯 |
[08:08] | Hey Niles, welcome aboard. Five seconds to air. | Niles 欢迎 五秒后开播 |
[08:13] | OK, Niles, Let’s sit down, take a deep breath, | Niles 坐下 深呼吸 |
[08:16] | try not to spit on the mic. | 尽量别喷麦 |
[08:18] | Right. | 好了 |
[08:20] | Hello, Seattle. This is Dr Frasier Crane. | 你好 西雅图 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[08:22] | I have a very special guest with me today, | 今天有个特别嘉宾 |
[08:24] | my brother, the eminent psychiatrist Dr Niles Crane. | 我的弟弟 杰出的心理医生 Niles Crane医生 |
[08:28] | Hello, emerald city! What’s doin’, what’s happenin’? | 你好 翡翠城 大家好哇 |
[08:37] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你这是在干嘛 |
[08:38] | That was my radio persona. | 是我做广播时的虚拟形象 |
[08:41] | Every great radio personality has one. | 每个伟大的广播员都会有的 |
[08:43] | – I don’t. – It’s my point exactly. | – 我就没有 – 正是此意 |
[08:47] | Just try to be yourself, will you? | 就做你自己 行吗 |
[08:48] | Our topic today is siblings. | 我们今晚的话题是兄弟姐妹 |
[08:52] | What makes you love them, what makes you hate them… | 为什么爱他们 为什么会恨他们 |
[08:55] | What little things do they do that specially annoy you? | 他们的哪些细节最让你厌烦 |
[08:58] | These could be things from your childhood | 可以是你童年发生的事 |
[08:59] | or they could be things from your adolescence, | 也可以是青少年的时候 |
[09:02] | or they could be things from your younger adulthood…or… | 或者是你刚成年不久 |
[09:04] | They could be things that are going on right now! | 也或者就是此时此刻 |
[09:10] | Roz, who’s our first caller? | Roz 第一位打进来的是谁 |
[09:12] | We have Donald from Bainbridge Island. | 来自班布里奇岛的Donald |
[09:14] | He hasn’t spoken to his brother in over 20 years. | 他和他的兄弟已经20多年没说过话了 |
[09:17] | – Hello, Donald. – I’m listening. | – 你好 Donald – 我在听 |
[09:24] | We’re listening. | 我们都在听 |
[09:28] | I’ll never forget it, Doctor Crane. | 我绝对忘不掉 Crane医生 |
[09:30] | I cried for two hours straight. | 我整整哭了两个小时 |
[09:32] | So you were completely bald? | 所以你是完全秃了吗 |
[09:34] | Yes, the perm destroyed my hair. | 是的 染发剂毁了我的头发 |
[09:37] | l was sure my sisters were gonna laugh at me | 我肯定我的姐妹们会笑话我 |
[09:40] | but they all kissed me. | 但是她们亲了亲我 |
[09:42] | and they all marched into the bathroom and shaved their heads too, | 然后冲进了卫生间 把头发都剃掉了 |
[09:45] | just so I wouldn’t feel like a freak.’ | 为了让我不觉得自己太怪异 |
[09:50] | Oh,Amazing! Well, there you have it, Seattle | 太棒了 听到了吗 西雅图的听众们 |
[09:52] | the miracle of the sibling relationship | 手足情深的伟大 |
[09:55] | spelled out in an unselfish act of head-shaving. | 体现在这无私的剃发之举之中 |
[10:00] | Well, that’s all the time we have. | 好了 今天的节目马上要结束了 |
[10:01] | I’d like to thank my brother, Dr. Niles Crane, | 我要感谢我的弟弟 Niles Crane医生 |
[10:04] | for being here today. | 今天能来这里 |
[10:05] | Niles, I would shave my head for you. | Niles 我也愿意为你剃发 |
[10:09] | A gesture which becomes less significant with each passing year. | 时光荏苒 此举的重大意义似乎逐年削弱啊 |
[10:17] | This is Dr Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[10:20] | I’ll be back tomorrow – one Crane flying solo. | 明日再见 我一人单飞 |
[10:27] | Frasier, we’ve hit the mother lode. | Frasier 我们挖到宝了 |
[10:29] | We’ve material here for two volumes. | 这里的材料够写两本书了 |
[10:31] | I must apologize for ever criticizing your radio programme. | 我要为以前指摘你的节目向你道歉 |
[10:35] | It’s all water under the Pont Neuf. | 这都是”新桥下的水啦” |
[10:38] | I hate to break up the stroke-a-thon, | 我不想打扰你们俩在这兄友弟恭 |
[10:39] | but there’s a Sam Tanaka on line one. | 不过1号线上有个叫Sam Tanaka的人 |
[10:42] | Hello, Sam, you’re on speakerphone. | 你好 Sam 我开免提了 |
[10:45] | l caught the show today, fellows. | 我听了今天的节目 小伙子们 |
[10:47] | You did? And? | 是吗 然后呢 |
[10:49] | Magic! | 太棒了 |
[10:52] | How’s the writing coming? | 书写得怎么样了 |
[10:54] | Incrediable. It’s just flowing like water. | 异常顺利 简直文思泉涌 |
[10:56] | We’ve got two or three chapters already. | 已经写了两到三章了 |
[10:59] | That’s good to hear | 那太好了 |
[11:00] | because I just got off the phone with “Reader’s Digest”. | 因为我刚和<读者文摘>的人聊了聊 |
[11:03] | They’re interested in the serialization rights. | 他们有意连载你们的书 |
[11:06] | l need first few chapters | 我要开头几章 |
[11:08] | to give them a taste. Can you fax them right over? | 给他们看一看 你们能现在传真过来吗 |
[11:12] | Well, Sam Of course we could, | 那个 Sam 当然没问题 |
[11:15] | but you know, they’re a little rough, Sam. | 不过现在还是有点粗糙啊 Sam |
[11:17] | No problem. You’ve got till Friday to polish them up. | 没事 星期五之前把它润色好 |
[11:21] | You can do that, right? | 能做到吧 |
[11:22] | – Absolutely. – Friday’s fine. | – 当然 – 星期五没问题 |
[11:25] | Terrific! I love you guys! | 太棒了 我爱死你们了 |
[11:29] | My god, What are we gonna do? | 天呐 我们该怎么办 |
[11:30] | Well now, let’s remember we have all this material, | 需要的材料我们都有了 |
[11:32] | it’s just a matter of putting them together. | 只要编汇在一起就行了 |
[11:34] | It’s due on Friday. | 期限是周五啊 |
[11:35] | Then we’ll buckle down and do it by FRlDAY! | 那我们就加足马力 周五前做完啊 |
[11:38] | Wait. Wait. I just remembered something, | 等下 我想起了 |
[11:39] | a story about George and Ira Gershwin | George和Ira Gershwin的故事 |
[11:41] | when they had to meet deadline | 他们在截止期限前 |
[11:42] | and they would lock themselves in a hotel room, | 把自己锁在宾馆的房间里 |
[11:44] | free from distractions and not come out until their task was complete. | 不受任何打扰 足不出户直到任务完成 |
[11:47] | Brilliant! If we got hot we’ll not only finish this volume | 妙计 如果我们这次出名了 |
[11:50] | but we can write another chorus to | 我们还可以再一首歌叫 |
[11:51] | “Betsy Who Is My Woman Now”. | “Besty还不是嫁给了我” |
[11:55] | It’s clean, it’s Spartan, master-prudoced art totally devoid of charm. | 干净 简约 完全缺乏吸引力的杰作啊 |
[12:00] | It’s perfect. Let’s get to work. | 太棒了 我们开始干活吧 |
[12:02] | I’m with you, mon frere. | 我陪着你呐 亲爱的弟弟 |
[12:04] | We cannot be intimidated by the tyranny of the blank page. | 不能向空白页的淫威屈服 |
[12:08] | All we need to get a good start here | 良好的开端就是 |
[12:11] | – is room service! – Frasier! | – 叫客房服务 – Frasier |
[12:17] | All right. All we need is a good opening sentence | 好吧 我们需要的是一句好的开篇句 |
[12:21] | something that will smack the reader right between the eyes | 能正中读者心深处的句子 |
[12:25] | and take him on a roller | 让他像坐过山车一样 |
[12:26] | coaster ride of self-awareness and discovery. | 体验自身觉醒和发现的高峰和低谷 |
[12:29] | Frasier, while you’re over there mixing metaphors | Frasier 你在那儿像个搅拌器一样 |
[12:31] | like a Cuisinart, I’ve had a breakthrough. | 比喻句乱蹦的时候 我已经想出来了 |
[12:36] | viola! Our opening sentence | 看 我们的开篇句 |
[12:39] | “From Romulus and Remus to the Lennon sisters, | 从战神之子罗莫路和勒莫到雷蒙姊妹花 |
[12:42] | Sibling relationships | 兄弟姐妹之间的关系 |
[12:43] | have sparked psychological debate through out the world.” | 激起了世界范围的讨论 |
[12:47] | – Hmm… Interesting. – You like it? | – 嗯 有意思 – 你喜欢吗 |
[12:50] | I said it was interesting. | 我说了挺有意思的 |
[12:53] | The task ahead of us now is to decide | 现在要做的就是 |
[12:54] | whether we’d like an interesting opening or a good one. | 决定我们到底要个有意思的开头还是个好的开头 |
[12:59] | You are just being negative because you didn’t think of it first. | 你不喜欢这个开头 是因为不是你先想出来的 |
[13:01] | No, in truth I’m not. I never cared for Romulus, I never cared for Remus, | 不 我说真的 我本来就不喜欢罗莫路和勒莫 |
[13:05] | and the “Lennon sisters” reference is from the freaking moon. | 还有什么雷蒙姊妹花 是天上突然掉下来的吗 |
[13:09] | Well, all right. If you can do better, please be my guest. | 好吧 如果你能想到更好的 我洗耳恭听 |
[13:11] | – I will. – All right. | – 我一定想得到 – 好啊 |
[13:17] | My fingers are poised over the keys. | 我的手指就放在键盘上 |
[13:27] | I’m waiting. | 翘首以盼着 |
[13:37] | I’m still waiting. | 依然翘首以盼着 |
[13:41] | Oh, alright, alright, Put this down. | 好吧 好吧 这么写 |
[13:43] | “The key to a good sibling relationship | 良好的手足关系的关键是 |
[13:47] | is the ability to be open and honest.” | 开诚布公和真诚相待 |
[13:51] | – That actually sounded good to me. – Well, put that in there. | – 我还真觉着不错诶 – 那就这么写 |
[13:54] | “The key to a good sibling | 良好的手足关系的关键是 |
[13:55] | relationship is the ability to be open and honest… | 开诚布公和真诚相待 |
[13:58] | “While still respecting each other’s boundaries.” | 还有尊重彼此的界线 |
[14:04] | What are you doing? What was that crap about boundaries? | 你搞什么 突然扯什么界线啊 |
[14:08] | I was just finishing the thought. | 我只是帮你把构思补完整 |
[14:11] | The thought was finished. | 这个构思已经很完整了 |
[14:12] | It didn’t need finishing, for god’s sake. | 不需要你来补 天呐 |
[14:13] | Now it’s a run-on sentence. | 你连词都不用 语法都不对 |
[14:15] | – No, I think it’s much better this way. – I don’t. | – 我觉得这样写好多了 – 我不觉得 |
[14:17] | – I’m at the keyboard. – Alright then, Let me type. | – 键盘现在由我负责 – 那让我来打字 |
[14:19] | No, I can only write at the keyboard. | 不 我只有用键盘才写得出来 |
[14:20] | Niles, you haven’t written a thing all day, | Niles 你今天一天半个字都没写出来 |
[14:21] | except to ruin a perfectly good opening sentence! | 唯一的成就就是毁了一个完美的开篇句 |
[14:23] | I was merely finishing it, | 我只是想帮你写完 |
[14:24] | it was an incomplete thought. | 你那句话就差了最后一口气啊 |
[14:25] | Oh, YOU’RE an incomplete thought! | 你才真的是差了一口气呢 |
[14:28] | – What happened to the iced tea? – I finished that, too. | – 冰茶呢 – 那也是我干的 |
[14:47] | Niles, I’ve just had an epiphany. | Niles 我刚才灵光一闪 |
[14:51] | Oh wonderful, we could use a second sentence. | 太好了 正好第二句话也还没想出来 |
[14:56] | No, it’s not for the book. | 不 跟这本书无关 |
[14:59] | I just realized why so many | 我刚想通为什么这么多作家 |
[15:01] | writers become bloated alcoholic suicides. | 会饮酒过量身亡 |
[15:06] | No, don’t type that in. | 不 不是让你写这句 |
[15:08] | I’m not. I’m adding up our tab from the mini-bar. | 不是 我在算小冰箱里的东西花了我们多少钱 |
[15:14] | – We now owe $232. – Oh, dear God! | – 我们花了232美元 – 天呐 |
[15:19] | Well, you’re the damn fool that ate the whole jar of Macadamia nuts. | 都怪你这白痴吃了整整一罐澳洲坚果 |
[15:23] | No, it’s dawn! It’s Friday! | 不 天亮了 到周五了 |
[15:27] | Oh Niles, why don’t we just admit it. We can’t work together. | Niles 干脆面对现实吧 我们俩一起成不了事 |
[15:30] | There’s never gonna be any book. | 写书根本是天方夜谭 |
[15:31] | Not with that attitude, there isn’t. | 你这种态度当然是不可能啦 |
[15:32] | Oh, will you get off it! Come on, the fat lady has sung. | 你就算了吧 最后一个唱段已经唱完 |
[15:36] | The curtain has been run down here. I’ll type it for you in capital letters. | 帷幕已经缓缓落下 我帮你用大写字母打出来 |
[15:42] | “It’s uver”? | 已经结素了 |
[15:45] | Let’s just go home. | 回家吧 |
[15:48] | Well, I guess I shouldn’t be surprised you’d give up so easily. | 你这么轻易就放弃了 我一点也不惊讶 |
[15:52] | It’s not your dream after all. | 毕竟这不是你的梦想 |
[15:53] | Why should it be, Mr Big-shot Radio Host? | 你怎么会有这种梦想呢 大主持人 |
[15:58] | Oh, is that what this little tantrum is about? | 你发脾气就是为了这个是吧 |
[16:02] | You’re jealous of my celebrity? | 就因为你嫉妒我的名气 |
[16:03] | It’s not a tantrum and I’m not jealous. I’m just FED UP! | 不是发脾气 也不是嫉妒 只是 受够了 |
[16:11] | I’m fed up with being second all the time. | 受够了做什么都是步你后尘 |
[16:13] | You know, I wanted to be a psychiatrist | 我早就想继承妈妈衣钵 当个心理学家 |
[16:15] | like Mom way before you did, but you were older, you got there first. | 比你早多了 但你年纪比我大 被你抢先了 |
[16:19] | You were first to get married. | 你第一个结婚 |
[16:20] | You were first to get dad a grandchild he always wanted. | 第一个完成爸爸想抱孙子的心愿 |
[16:23] | By the time I get around to doing anything it’s all chewed meat! | 而我做什么事都是嚼剩饭 |
[16:27] | You are crying about something we can’t change. | 你在为了不能改变的事不爽啊 |
[16:28] | Oh, you wouldn’t change if you could, you love it! | 就算能改变 你也不会答应啊 你可享受了 |
[16:31] | Oh, let it go, Niles. | 算了吧 Niles |
[16:32] | I can’t let it go. My nose is rubbed in it every day. | 不能算 我每天都备受煎熬 |
[16:35] | I’m the one on the board of the Psychiatric Association. | 我才是精神病学协会的一员 |
[16:37] | My research is well respected in the academic circle. | 我的研究受到学术界的尊崇 |
[16:40] | Four of my patients have been elected to political office. | 我的病人中有四个开始从政 |
[16:42] | But it’s your big, fat face they put on the side of buses! | 到头来 印在公交车上的 却是你这张大肥脸 |
[16:46] | I do not have a FAT FACE! | 我的脸才不大 |
[16:48] | Oh please, I keep wondering how long | 得了吧 我一直在想 |
[16:50] | you’re gonna store those nuts for winter. | 你腮帮子里藏来过冬的坚果准备藏到什么时候 |
[16:55] | Well, at least I’m not spindly! | 至少我不是个瘦竹竿 |
[16:58] | – Who’re you calling spindly, fat face? – You, Spindly! | – 你叫谁竹竿 大肥脸 – 你啊 瘦竹竿 |
[17:01] | – Fat face! – Spindly! | – 大肥脸 – 瘦竹竿 |
[17:03] | – You take that back! – You make me! | – 你收回那些话 – 你逼我啊 |
[17:05] | – I will make you! – I don’t see you making me. | – 我这就逼给你看 – 你这也叫逼吗 |
[17:07] | Here’s making you! | 我这就逼给你看 |
[17:15] | – Here’s your fat face! Give me that! – Give me that! | – 大肥脸在这儿呢 接招 – 接招 |
[17:21] | Niles! Niles! Stop it! We’re psychiatrists, not pugilists! | Niles Niles 停 我们是心理医生 不是拳击选手 |
[17:29] | I can’t believe you fell for that! | 你竟然还真信啊 |
[17:38] | My God, My God, I’m having a flashback! | 天呐 天呐 我想起了以前的事 |
[17:42] | You’re climbing in my crib and jumping on me! | 你爬上我的婴儿床 压在我身上 |
[17:45] | YOU STOLE MY MOMMY! | 你抢走了我的妈咪 |
[17:50] | Oh my God, oh my God. Niles! I’ve gotta get out of here. | 天呐 天呐 Niles 我得离开这里 |
[17:54] | This…This entire idea has been a fiasco from the start. | 这个主意从一开始就注定失败 |
[17:57] | It’s the stupidest idea you ever had, | 你这辈子最蠢的主意就是这个 |
[17:58] | I should never have agreed to it! Goodbye! | 我根本不该答应你 再见 |
[18:07] | – Good morning, all. – Morning. | – 大家早安 – 早 |
[18:08] | You seem chipper this morning, Dr.Crane. | 您好像心情挺不错的啊 Crane医生 |
[18:10] | And why shouldn’t I be? | 不然呢 |
[18:11] | Well, it’s gonna rain again, the jobless rate’s up, | 天气预报有雨 失业率上涨 |
[18:14] | and about two minuts ago, Eddie was just licking that muffin. | 两分钟前 Eddie刚舔过那个玛芬 |
[18:22] | Oh, I’ll get it. | 我来开门 |
[18:24] | Dad, the mark of a mature man is that | 爸爸 成熟男人的标志是他意识到 |
[18:26] | one that realizes he cannot control his circumstances, | 自己不能控制身边发生的事 |
[18:28] | he can only control his response. | 能控制的只有自己的反应 |
[18:31] | You talked to your brother yet? | 和你弟弟谈过了吗 |
[18:33] | I do not have a brother! I’m an only child. | 我没有弟弟 我是独生子 |
[18:36] | Oh, hello, Dr Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[18:38] | Hello, Daphne… Dad. | 你好 Daphne 老爸 |
[18:42] | What are you doing here? | 你来这干嘛 |
[18:44] | Dad, I would like you to convey a message | 爸爸 我有话要跟Frasier说 |
[18:48] | from me to Frasier. | 你帮我转达给他 |
[18:50] | What makes you think I know where he is? | 你凭什么觉得我就会知道他在哪儿 |
[18:58] | Tell him he owes me half this hotel bill. | 告诉他 这酒店账单上有一半的钱还欠着我 |
[19:00] | I will accept cash but no personel checks. | 我只接受现金不收手写支票 |
[19:03] | I know he has trouble writing things | 我知道他写东西有困难 |
[19:08] | I’m not paying any of this. | 我才不会付钱 |
[19:09] | So, you’re cheap as well as intellectually barren. | 看来你的钱包和你的智商一样贫瘠啊 |
[19:13] | And you’re a no-talent hack! | 你是个弱智怪胎 |
[19:14] | And you look stupid in a T-shirt! | 你穿T恤傻死了 |
[19:17] | All right, that’s enough. Sit down and listen to me. | 够了 都给我坐下 听我说 |
[19:21] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[19:25] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[19:28] | I never had a brother, but I had a partner once. | 我没有兄弟 不过我有个搭档 |
[19:32] | My first, Mitch Gossett. | 第一个拍档Mitch Gossett |
[19:33] | Big bear of a guy, arms like tree trunks. | 身型像熊一样 胳膊像树干 |
[19:37] | Mitch and I’d go to ball games together. We played cards, | Mitch和我一起去看球赛 一起打牌 |
[19:40] | and this was after working eight hours together. | 这些还都是工作时间之外的事情 |
[19:42] | – Dad, That’s all nice… – Just listen to me. | – 老爸 你们俩感情真好 – 听我说完 |
[19:46] | But three months into our partnership, | 但是合伙三个月之后 |
[19:48] | Goss and I got assigned to a stakeout, | 我们被派去盯梢 |
[19:52] | three days in the front of a Chevy Nova together,sleep sitting up, | 在雪佛兰里坐了整整三天 睡觉都是坐着 |
[19:57] | drinking too much coffee. | 喝了很多咖啡 |
[19:59] | It didn’t take long before we started getting on each other’s nerves. | 过不多久 我们就开始看对方不顺眼 |
[20:03] | Because he was a big, egotistical fat face? | 因为他有个又大又自命不凡的脸 |
[20:08] | Because we were human. | 因为我们都是普通人 |
[20:10] | He didn’t like this about me, | 他看到我身上的缺点 |
[20:12] | I didn’t like that about him. It got ugly. | 我也有不喜欢他的地方 关系越闹越僵 |
[20:15] | When the stakeout was over, | 盯梢任务结束后 |
[20:17] | Goss requested a transfer, and that was fine by me. | 他申请调走 我当然也没意见 |
[20:22] | Three months later, he was stabbed breaking up a bar fight. | 三个月后 他在一次酒吧打斗中被刺了 |
[20:26] | By the time I got to the hospital, it was too late. | 我赶到医院时已经晚了 |
[20:31] | Take what you want from this story, boys. | 这个故事你们自己体会 孩子们 |
[20:35] | All I know is, it ain’t worth it. | 我只是觉得 这根本不值得 |
[20:39] | Excuse me. I think I need a hanky. | 不好意思 我去找块手帕 |
[20:43] | Frasier, isn’t there something you want to say to your brother? | Frasier 你有话要跟弟弟说吗 |
[20:48] | Yes, Dad, I suppose there is. | 是啊 老爸 我有话想说 |
[20:52] | Niles, would you like a muffin? | Niles 你想吃玛芬吗 |
[21:01] | – Frasier! – Oh, all right. | – Frasier – 好啦 |
[21:08] | Niles Niles | |
[21:11] | I’m sorry things didn’t work out with the book. | 很抱歉书最后没有写成 |
[21:13] | You have no reason to feel inferior to me. | 你没必要觉得自己低我一等 |
[21:18] | You’re an accomplished psychiatrist, a decent man, | 你是个成功的心理医生 一个好人 |
[21:22] | and you stand second to no one. | 你不输给任何人 |
[21:25] | Thank you, Frasier. | 谢谢 Frasier |
[21:29] | The truth is, I’ve always looked up to you and admired you. | 事实上 我一直仰视你敬重你 |
[21:34] | All right. Enough of this mushy, girly stuff. | 好啦 这些多愁善感的女孩子的玩意够了 |
[21:36] | Just shake hands, | 握个手 |
[21:37] | punch each other on the shoulder and be done with it. | 在肩膀上锤一拳 一切就算过去了 |
[21:42] | – Oh, what the heck! – Oh, jeez! | – 还这样干嘛 – 天呐 |
[21:52] | – What are you crying about? – I was just keep thinking about poor Goss. | – 你哭什么 – 我一直在想可怜的Goss |
[21:57] | It must be so hard on you carrying all that pain around. | 承受这些苦痛肯定很难受吧 |
[22:01] | There was no Goss. I just made him up. | 根本没有Goss这个人 我瞎编的 |
[22:05] | Well, at least there’s one good writer in this family. | 至少这个家还有一个好作家 |