时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I’m sorry, Blake. | 抱歉 Blake |
[00:10] | When I told you to close your eyes | 我让你闭上双眼 |
[00:11] | And visualize you’re on a tropical island, | 想象身处热带岛屿情景的时候 |
[00:13] | I didn’t realise you were calling from your car phone. | 并不知道你是一边开车一边打来的电话 |
[00:18] | That’s OK, Doc. At least I know my airbags work. | 没事 医生 起码现在我知道安全气囊还挺管用的 |
[00:22] | Well, I’m glad you’re all right. Thank you for your call. | 你没事真是太好了 感谢你的来电 |
[00:26] | Oh, well, look who’s just popped into the booth. | 看看谁跑来我们的直播间了 |
[00:29] | Gil Chesterton, KACL’s own food critic. | Gil Chesterton KACL电台的美食评论家 |
[00:32] | Which means it’s my cue to hit the road. | 他来了 我就该下班了 |
[00:36] | So until tomorrow, this is Dr Frasier Crane | 明天见 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:39] | wishing you…A good day. | 祝你一天安好 |
[00:44] | And…and good health. | 身体健康 |
[00:46] | – Hey, Frasier. – Hello, Gil. | – 嗨 Frasier – 嗨 Gil |
[00:49] | I heard you coughing on the air earlier today. | 今天我听到你在直播的时候咳嗽 |
[00:51] | Sounds like you might be coming down with something? | 就怀疑你是不是病了 |
[00:54] | so I had this sent over from Rosenthal’s deli. | 所以我从罗森泰熟食店叫了外卖 |
[00:57] | Chicken soup so lovingly prepared even the chicken gets well. | 他们家的鸡汤老好了 鸡喝了都百病全消 |
[01:02] | Thank you! That’s very kind. | 谢谢 你真是个热心肠啊 |
[01:04] | Of course, I’d never forget you, Roz. | 别担心 Roz 我也没忘了你 |
[01:06] | Some ladyfingers that soaked in rum. | 我给你买了朗姆酒口味的手指饼干 |
[01:09] | Much like her own. | 她自己的手也是朗姆酒口味的 |
[01:14] | I hope this isn’t the | 最近咱这儿有流感 |
[01:15] | start of that nasty flu that’s going around. | 希望你不是中招了 |
[01:18] | If you want to take a couple of days off, | 要是你需要休息几天 |
[01:20] | Nib it in the bud, I’ll be happy to cover your time slot. | 把感冒扼杀在萌芽中 我可以帮你代班 |
[01:23] | – No, no, thank you. I’ll be fine tomorrow. – Okey-dokey. | – 不用了 谢谢 我明天肯定就好了 – 好吧 |
[01:26] | But feel free to call me if you change your mind. | 要是你想休息 就给我打电话 |
[01:32] | Mmm… Plump, gooey and guaranteed to rot your teeth. | 嗯嘛 又糯又甜 保证能吃坏牙 |
[01:37] | Yes. I don’t like his phoney British accent much, either. | 就是 造作的英式口音也让我倒胃口 |
[01:42] | You sure got a bug up your mike about Gil. what’s your problem | 你是对Gil有偏见 你怎么回事 |
[01:44] | Well, I just don’t trust him. | 哼 我就是信不过他 |
[01:45] | Nobody’s that nice unless they want something from you. | 无事献殷勤 非奸即盗 |
[01:48] | He’s just a generous person. | 人家就是个大方的人 |
[01:49] | Oh, yes. He was very generous to Bonnie Weems. | 是呀 他对Bonnie Weems倒是大方的很 |
[01:52] | He bought her a case of wine, | 给她买了一箱酒 |
[01:53] | asking to let him have her time slot while she was on vacation. | 求她在休假的时候把节目时段让给他 |
[01:56] | When she got back, | 结果等她回来的时候 |
[01:57] | she has been banished to the midnight-to-4am-slot. | 直接被赶到午夜到4点的时段了 |
[02:00] | What are you saying. He’s trying to take our time slot? | 你是说他想偷走咱的节目时段 |
[02:02] | I am saying we should watch our backs. | 我是说咱们不能掉以轻心 |
[02:03] | How’d you like to work from midnight to 4:00 am. | 要是让你做午夜到4点节目可怎么办哟 |
[02:05] | What would happen to your social life? Those are your peak hours. | 你的社交生活怎么办 那可是你的高峰时段啊 |
[02:11] | – You’re just being paranoid. – No, I’m not. | – 你就是疑神疑鬼 – 才不是呢 |
[02:13] | Yes, you are. The man brought you some chicken soup | 你就是 人家给你买碗鸡汤 |
[02:16] | does not mean he wants your time slot. | 不代表他想抢你的时段 |
[02:18] | Besides, why would he be bribing us. | 再说了 他贿赂我们有什么用呢 |
[02:20] | He’d be bribing the higher-ups. | 他得贿赂那些高层 |
[02:21] | They are the ones who make the decisions. | 他们才能做这种决定呢 |
[02:23] | Oh, Frasier. Oh, good, it’s still here. | 哦 Frasier 太好了 你还没动呢 |
[02:26] | I’m so sorry. This is your soup. | 抱歉 这才是你的汤 |
[02:28] | This is the lobster Newburg | 这个是我给电台经理家的猫 |
[02:30] | I bought for the station manager’s cats. | 买的纽堡龙虾 |
[02:36] | I’ll see you tomorrow, Roz. | 我明天一定来 Roz |
[02:41] | Oh, there is a gruesome bit. | 这条新闻够恶的 |
[02:44] | A partly-decomposed body just washed up in Puget Sound. | 一具已经开始腐烂的尸体被冲上了皮吉特湾 |
[02:48] | – Hey, that is good news. – Pardon. | – 那是好消息啊 – 什么 |
[02:51] | Bodies don’t rise till the weather gets warmer. | 天气要是不暖和 尸体漂不上来 |
[02:53] | You get your first floater, and spring’s just around the corner. | 只要一有尸体浮上来 就说明春天到啦 |
[03:00] | Morning. Dad, Daphne. | 早啊 老爸 Daphne |
[03:02] | Frasier, you sound awful! | Frasier 你声音不对劲儿啊 |
[03:04] | It’s just a little bug. | 就是有点不舒服 |
[03:05] | But you can’t be thinking about going to work. | 你不是要去上班吧 |
[03:07] | You’re all pasty and clammy and pale. | 你看上去苍白又病怏怏的 |
[03:10] | And coming from an English person, that’s bad. | 要是英国人都这么评价你 那情况就真的严重了 |
[03:18] | Oh, Dad. You often said, | 老爸 你不是常说吗 |
[03:19] | “If you can walk, you can work.” | “要是你还能走路 你就能上班去” |
[03:22] | Took an ironic twist the day you got shot in the hip. | 结果一语成谶 你后来臀部中枪了就退休了 |
[03:25] | At least I had a real job. Half your listeners audience | 起码我有个正经工作 你的听众们不是 |
[03:29] | hear voices already, and the other talks to themselves. | 疑神疑鬼 就是自言自语 神经兮兮的 |
[03:31] | If you don’t show up, who’s going to notice? | 要是你不去主持节目 谁还能注意到他们呀 |
[03:35] | Well, I’m out of here. | 我走了 |
[03:38] | But you’re burning up! you really should stay home and let me tend to you. | 但是你都发烧了 你应该待在家里 让我照顾你 |
[03:42] | I’m a very good nurse. | 我可是个出色的护士 |
[03:43] | I mended all my brothers’ soccer injuries. | 我家兄弟在足球场受伤的话都是我照顾的 |
[03:46] | Well, I didn’t get injured playing soccer. | 我又不是踢足球受的伤 |
[03:47] | Neither did my hooligan brothers. | 我那群小混混兄弟们也不是啊 |
[03:49] | Mostly they got hurt beating up drunken Dutchmen in the stands. | 基本都是在看台上跟喝醉了的荷兰人打架负的伤 |
[03:53] | That’s going to look pretty against the glass in your booth. | 这要是喷在你直播间的玻璃上可美了 |
[03:58] | Why don’t you just stay home? | 你还是老实在家待着吧 |
[04:00] | Dad, Daphne, thank you, but I am a physician. | 老爸 Daphne 谢谢你们 但我是个医者 |
[04:03] | I believe I am the best monitor of my condition. I’m fine. Fit as a fiddle. | 我还能不清楚自己的状况吗 我好着呢 身体倍棒 |
[04:16] | I’m sick! | 我病了 |
[04:23] | And we’re back with “Restaurant Beat”. | 欢迎继续收听”餐厅韵律” |
[04:26] | This is Gil Chesterton and | 我是Gil Chesterton |
[04:27] | I’m filling in for Dr Frasier Crane. | 为Frasier Crane医生代班 |
[04:29] | We’re here talking to Louis | 现在打进来的是Louis |
[04:30] | Who’s forgotten tonight is his tenth anniversary. | 他忘了今晚是他结婚十周年纪念日 |
[04:34] | Well, Louis, I believe I’ve saved your proverbial derriere. | Louis 看来我是帮您保住了小命啊 |
[04:38] | During the commercial, | 在插播广告的间隙 |
[04:39] | I managed to secure you a private booth at Maximilian’s. | 我帮你在马克西米利安餐厅订了一个包间 |
[04:43] | Just promise me for dessert, you’ll have the Schwarzwaldkirschtorte. | 但你得答应我 餐后甜品一定要点黑森林蛋糕哟 |
[04:48] | – The what? – Schwarzwaldkirsch… | – 什么 – 黑森林蛋糕 |
[04:51] | Well, maybe you’d better stick with the rainbow sherbet. | 算了 你这样的还是点彩虹冰淇淋球吧 |
[04:58] | I don’t know how to thank you! | 真不知如何感谢您才好 |
[04:59] | – You saved my marriage. – Don’t thank me. | – 您拯救了我的婚姻啊 – 不用谢我 |
[05:02] | I’m only here tonight because | 得谢Crane医生 要不是他得流感了 |
[05:03] | our dear Dr. Crane is home with the flu. | 我怎么能来代班呢 |
[05:06] | lf you’re listening, Doc, | 如果你也在收听节目 |
[05:09] | all of us here at KACL want you to get better soon. | KACL电台全体同仁祝你早日康复 |
[05:12] | I just bet you do. | 你倒是嘴甜 |
[05:15] | Time to check if the turkey’s done. | 看看好了没 |
[05:19] | Dad, you know, you don’t have to sit with me all day. | 老爸 你不用一直坐这儿陪着我 |
[05:22] | Oh, no, no problem. You need company when you’re sick. | 哦 没事 生病的时候 总得有人陪着 |
[05:26] | You never know when you’re going to croak. | 谁知道你什么时候会咽气啊 |
[05:30] | Oh, boy, your temperature is up there. 101! You are a sick boy. | 天呐 你体温太高了 38度多 你就是病了 |
[05:35] | Thank you for reminding me. Daphne. | 谢谢你提醒我啊 Daphne |
[05:37] | I remember the sickest day I ever was. | 我记得我病得最厉害的那次 |
[05:39] | When they shipped us back from Korea. | 他们把我们从朝鲜运回来 |
[05:41] | I got this oriental parasite. | 我招了东方寄生虫了 |
[05:43] | It was building its own little pagoda right in my colon. | 它们在我肠子里建起小宝塔来了 |
[05:46] | Thank you, Dad! | 我谢你啊 老爸 |
[05:51] | You know, you might try some of my homeopathic tea. | 要不你试试我的药茶吧 以毒攻毒 |
[05:55] | It’ll flush out your system | 它会把病毒从你身内排出 |
[05:57] | and make your hair more shiny and manageable. | 而且还会让你的秀发更飘逸柔顺 |
[06:00] | No,no thank you. | 不用了 谢谢你 |
[06:01] | No! That wasn’t the sickest day I was. | 不 那不是我病得最厉害的一次 |
[06:03] | It was when your mother and l took that trip down to Mexico. | 应该是我和你老妈一起去墨西哥那回 |
[06:06] | I was real careful about the water, and then I ate this piece of lettuce. | 我特别注意没喝当地的水 结果却吃了片生菜 |
[06:10] | Next thing you know, I’m spewing both for accuracy and distance. | 然后我就吐得翻江倒海了 |
[06:15] | I spent the night curled up on the stone floor screaming, | 我一晚上就蜷缩在冰冷的地面上 |
[06:17] | “I wanna die!” “I wanna die!” | 叫唤着 “我死了算啦” “死了算啦” |
[06:21] | Wouldn’t that have been a tragedy? You wouldn’t be here with me now. | 太悲剧了 否则你现在就不能在这儿陪着我了呢 |
[06:24] | OK, I get the point. I’ll give you a little peace and quiet here. | 好吧 我懂了 我走了 你清静清静吧 |
[06:30] | Oh, no! What was I thinking. What about that time your mother | 诶呀 我想什么呢 还有那次你老妈 |
[06:32] | left the potato salad in the trunk of the car. | 把土豆沙拉落在车里 那次才叫厉害呢 |
[06:35] | I’m still sick from that one. | 我到现在还没缓过来呢 |
[06:39] | – Is there anything else you need? – A little more ginger ale, please. | – 你还需要什么吗 – 请再给点干姜水 |
[06:42] | – Very well, then. – Oh, Daphne, | – 好的 – Daphne |
[06:45] | This time, make it shaved ice, not cubes, OK? | 这次别给我加冰块 用碎冰 好吗 |
[06:49] | And I don’t like those straws. Can I have the bendy kind? | 还有 我也不喜欢这吸管 我想要那种弯的 |
[06:52] | And the Saltines, they’re too salty. I need the low-sodium. | 椒盐饼干太咸啦 我现在要控制钠的摄入量 |
[06:57] | Your wish is my command. | 如您所愿 |
[07:00] | Hello, Daphne. Is he in pain? | 嗨 Daphne 他还难受吗 |
[07:02] | Not enough. | 再难受点才好 |
[07:06] | Frasier, I brought you something. | Frasier 我带东西来看你了 |
[07:10] | Niles! Put the hanky down, for God’s sake! | Niles 别拿手绢捂着嘴了 天呐 |
[07:13] | – It’s not the plague! – All right. | – 又不是瘟疫 – 好吧 |
[07:16] | Well look, this is from Marta, our maid. | 这是我们家保姆Marta给你的 |
[07:20] | It’s a poultice to wear around your neck. | 这膏药得挂在你脖子上 |
[07:22] | The recipe comes from her remote mountain village in Guatemala. | 这是她从危地马拉远离尘世的山村里带来的秘方 |
[07:27] | I can see why her village is remote. | 怪不得她们村儿得远离尘世 |
[07:30] | Yes, it is pungent, but… | 我知道 这味儿挺怪的 但是 |
[07:32] | By inhaling those herbs, | 她们那儿好多人活了一百多岁 |
[07:33] | many of the villagers lived to be well over 100. | 靠的就是闻这些草药 |
[07:35] | Marta herself is 78. And you should see her | Marta已经78了 但是只要Maris一摇铃 |
[07:39] | scramble up the stairs when Maris rings her little bell! | 她蹭蹭窜上楼的时候别提多麻利了 |
[07:43] | – Oh, Niles, would you mind? – Of course. | – 哦 Niles 你接下呗 – 没问题 |
[07:50] | Oh, hello, Eddie. For once, | 嗨 Eddie 我还是第一次看到你 |
[07:53] | I’m actually glad to see you. | 还能觉得高兴诶 |
[07:55] | Here you are. | 给你 |
[08:03] | It’s for you. It’s Roz? | 找你的 是Roz |
[08:08] | – Hello? – How are you feeling? | – 怎么了 – 你怎么样 |
[08:11] | – Awful. Thank you. – I’m sorry to hear that | – 糟透了 谢谢 – 真是太可惜了 |
[08:14] | because I really think you should get your butt back down here. | 因为你得赶紧给我过来一次 |
[08:17] | You were right about Gil, Frasier. He’s lobbying for our slot. | 你说对了 Frasier Gil就是想独占我们的时段 |
[08:20] | I was talking to Millie in traffic | 我跟交通节目的Millie聊了聊 |
[08:22] | And she overheard Gil talking to the station manager, | 她说她偷听到Gil跟电台经理的谈话了 |
[08:25] | It was all about how our mid-afternoon time slot is perfect for his show | 不停地说咱们这下午的时段对他的节目有多合适 |
[08:28] | because it is mid afternoon and everyone is making dinner plans. | 因为是接近傍晚的时候 大家都在想晚饭吃什么 |
[08:31] | I knew it! I knew it!Geez! OK, Roz, | 我就知道 我就知道 Roz |
[08:33] | You can count on me. I’ll be there tomorrow. | 包在我身上 我明天一定到 |
[08:36] | You better be. I don’t trust that greedy, | 你最好能来 我根本信不过那个贪心 |
[08:39] | finger-licking runt as far as I can throw him. | 爱舔手指的小矮子 |
[08:41] | I say, Roz, how am I doing so far? | Roz 我今天节目做得怎么样 |
[08:44] | Fabulous. | 忒好了 |
[08:46] | OK, I’ll be in tomorrow. | OK 我明天就去 |
[08:50] | Frasier, you can’t be serious about going in tomorrow. | Frasier 你明天不会是真的要去上班吧 |
[08:54] | Your pupils are dilated. You have a fever. | 你的瞳孔都放大了 烧得厉害 |
[08:59] | In that condition, you won’t make it to the parking lot. | 你这样子 连停车场都到不了就得趴下 |
[09:03] | I just don’t trust Gil Chesterton. | 我就是信不过Gil Chesterton |
[09:05] | I think he’s after my time slot. | 他肯定是想抢我的时段 |
[09:07] | Oh, Niles, will you stop it with the alcohol? | Niles 就这样你也要用酒精消毒啊 |
[09:12] | I can’t let that smarmy little chowhound | 我绝不能再让那个溜须拍马的 |
[09:14] | do my show for another day. | 小个子吃货代我的班了 |
[09:17] | Anybody would be better. | 随便谁都比他强 |
[09:19] | Niles, would you do my show for me? | Niles 要不你帮我做节目吧 |
[09:23] | Frasier, I think that fever of yours is making you delusional. | Frasier 我看你脑子烧坏了吧 |
[09:26] | I filled in for you | 你生病的时候 |
[09:27] | when you were too sick to meet with your “Fear of Intimacy” Group. | 我可是替你去了那个”亲密恐惧”的心理互助小组 |
[09:29] | I wasn’t sick. They were just getting too close. | 我那时没生病 就是嫌他们太粘人了 |
[09:34] | Maybe you’re right. It’s probably a bad idea. | 好吧 你说的也对 这不是个好主意 |
[09:37] | Doing my show requires a set of abilities you just don’t possess. | 做我的节目你还不够格 |
[09:41] | You have to be able to size up your patients very quickly | 你得能迅速准确地找到病人的病根 |
[09:44] | and dispense advice in an entertaining and insightful manner. | 然后还得能现场给出既幽默又有深度的建议 |
[09:48] | Frasier, this pathetic attempt at reverse psychology is beneath you. | Frasier 你这么明显的激将法也太弱了吧 |
[09:52] | Then you are not going to do my show? | 那你还是要拒绝我吗 |
[09:53] | No, I am going to do your show. | 不 我要去代你主持节目 |
[09:54] | And I am going to do it better than you ever dreamed of doing it! | 还要做得精彩绝伦 超出你的想象 |
[10:10] | And here is the cough button | 这是咳嗽按钮 |
[10:11] | in case you need to cough or clear your throat. | 你要想咳嗽或清清嗓子就按它 |
[10:14] | And most important, here is an extra-long commercial to be used | 最重要的是这个 超长广告 |
[10:16] | if you need a bathroom break. | 你要是想去厕所就得用它 |
[10:18] | Thank you! But those won’t be necessary. I have no cough reflex | 谢谢 但这些我都用不上 我根本不咳嗽 |
[10:21] | and excellent bladder control. | 而且我对自己的膀胱拥有绝对主导权 |
[10:26] | It’s true. All the good ones are married. | 看来是真的 天赋异禀的好男人都结婚了 |
[10:33] | You’re on in 10 sec | 10秒后节目开始 |
[10:34] | and your first caller is Marcia. | 第一个打进来的是Marcia |
[10:36] | Marcia Marcia. | |
[10:39] | “Hello, Marcia, I’m listening.” That’s so trite. | “你好 Marcia 你请讲” 这也太老土了 |
[10:41] | “Hello, Marcia. Tell me where it hurts.” | “你好 Marcia 把你的伤痛都告诉我” |
[10:44] | No. “Hello, Marcia, I hear you.” | 不 “你好 Marcia 我听到你的心声了” |
[10:50] | – Good afternoon, Seattle. – Oh, yes. Hello! | – 下午好 西雅图 – 大家好 |
[10:54] | This is Dr Niles Crane | 我是Niles Crane医生 |
[10:55] | filling in for my ailing brother, | 我今天来帮Frasier Crane |
[10:57] | Frasier Crane. | 我那生病的哥哥代班 |
[10:58] | Although I feel fully qualified to | 虽然我绝对够格帮Frasier代班 |
[10:59] | fill Frasier’s radio shoes, I should warn you | 但我还是要先把话说在前头 |
[11:02] | that while Frasier is a Freudian, | Frasier是弗洛伊德的信徒 |
[11:03] | I am a Jungian, | 而我信奉荣格主义 |
[11:06] | so there’ll be no blaming mother today. | 所以今天我们不谈恋母情结 |
[11:13] | OK, Roz, who’s my first caller? | 好了 Roz 第一位来电的谁呀 |
[11:16] | We have Marcia on line3. She’s in love with her husband’s brother. | 是三线的Marcia 她和丈夫的兄弟相爱了 |
[11:20] | This day promises not to disappoint. | 今天绝对精彩 |
[11:24] | Hello, Marcia, let’s get better. | 你好 Marcia 咱们一起好起来 |
[11:31] | But before we get into the specifics of your problem, | 在我们进一步了解你的问题之前 |
[11:35] | why don’t I give you a little historical background. | 我先给你讲讲心理学史上的背景知识吧 |
[11:38] | The psychiatrist Sigmar Brom, | 心理学家Sigmar Brom |
[11:41] | that’s B-r-o-m, no ‘h’, | 这个姓的拼法不带H |
[11:42] | in the late 1950s, | 在20世纪50年代 |
[11:44] | wrote extensively on the problem you’re facing, | 就你现在面对的问题曾做过深入研究 |
[11:47] | ‘which is all the more amazing when | 最了不起的是 |
[11:49] | you realise that Brom was a prominent Reichian.’ | Brom本人是赖希理论的代表人物 |
[11:52] | He’s terrible! | 他主持得太菜了 |
[11:57] | And I’m afraid so are you. Your temperature’s up to 103. | 你也好不到哪儿去 你都烧到39度多了 |
[12:01] | Let it go up to 105. I couldn’t be better. | 烧到40度我也不担心了 我心里美呀 |
[12:04] | My time slot is safe. | 我的时段安全了 |
[12:06] | Niles is as dry as this toast you brought me | Niles的主持干巴得就像你刚给我的面包一样 |
[12:09] | with the crust still on. | 面包皮都没去 |
[12:13] | I’m sure when I’m ready to go back, | 等我好起来的时候 |
[12:14] | they’ll send a limo. | 他们还不得派加长豪车来接我呀 |
[12:15] | I’ll just go and get you another drink. | 我再去给你拿点喝的来吧 |
[12:17] | – Was that last straw bendy enough? – Perfect, thank you. | – 刚才那个吸管够弯了吧 – 够弯了 谢谢 |
[12:24] | Daphne Daphne Oh, Daphne… Daphne… | |
[12:26] | Take these tissues away. I… They hurt my nose. | 把这些纸巾拿走吧 擦得我鼻子疼 |
[12:30] | I want the kind with moisturiser drops in between the sheets. | 我想要那种湿纸巾 |
[12:36] | The rose petals you put in the humidifier, they are starting to wilt. | 还有你放在加湿器里的玫瑰花瓣 已经有点枯了 |
[12:39] | Oh, of course. Anything you like. | 没问题 我全听你的 |
[12:42] | Fresh rose petals, crustless toast, soft tissues, | 新鲜的玫瑰花瓣 去皮的烤面包 软湿巾 |
[12:46] | acupuncture needles where you least expect them. | 等你不注意的时候 看我怎么扎你 |
[12:52] | Howard, Lois, I could stay on the airl counseling you all afternoon, | Howard Lois 我可以跟你们耗一下午 |
[12:55] | but we’re coming to the end of our hour, so I’ll just gonna cut it quick. | 但节目就要结束了 所以我要速战速决了 |
[12:59] | If one of you doesn’t say “L love you” Right now, right now, | 要是现在你们不能跟对方说我爱你 现在就说 |
[13:02] | Frankly, I don’t see how you could have any kind of future together. | 老实说 你们也不用继续这段感情了 |
[13:05] | So which of you has the courage to say “I love you”? | 谁能有勇气说我爱你 |
[13:09] | Howard, I love you. | Howard 我爱你 |
[13:12] | Yes! Yes! | 这就对啦 |
[13:15] | Howard, she loves you! | Howard 她爱你 |
[13:17] | – What about you? – Uh… | – 你呢 – 呃 |
[13:20] | Howard, are you going to just | Howard 你又要躲进 |
[13:22] | pack up your emotional tent and walk away? | 你那情感小帐篷里不出来了吗 |
[13:25] | Howard? Howard, it’s up to you! | Howard Howard 现在就看你的了 |
[13:27] | Can you say it? Can you? | 你有勇气吗 有吗 |
[13:30] | Come on, Howard! Come on, Howard! | 加油 Howard 加油 Howard |
[13:32] | l…I love you, too, Lois! | 我 我也爱你 Lois |
[13:35] | – Yes! – He said it! He said it! | – 太好啦 – 他说了 他说了 |
[13:38] | – Niles is pretty good. – Good? | – Niles还真厉害啊 – 厉害啊 |
[13:41] | The little rat is scintillating. | 这小混蛋简直才华横溢啊 |
[13:44] | Why couldn’t he do what I expected of him for once and stink? | 他怎么就不能听我一次 主持得差一点呢 |
[13:49] | He’s even better than Gil Chesterton. | 他比Gil Chesterton还好 |
[13:51] | Oh, they’re trying to make me look bad! | 他们就是要让我难堪 |
[13:54] | Oh, Jesus. That high temperature here is making you zooey. | 天呐 你都烧糊涂了 |
[13:58] | No, no, it’s made me clear-headed! | 不 不 我现在头脑再清醒不过了 |
[14:02] | I must get down here, go to that station | 我必须得过去 |
[14:04] | And reclaim what’s rightfully mine. | 去电台收复失地 |
[14:06] | There will be no more filling in by anybody! | 谁也别想替代我 |
[14:10] | No way, no how, no one…! No… | 不行 别想 谁也别想 |
[14:12] | Frasier, you’re not going anywhere. | Frasier 你哪儿也别想去 |
[14:15] | – Who’s gonna stop me? – I am. | – 谁能挡我 – 我 |
[14:16] | Oh, how are you, a man with a limp leaning on his cane, | 你个拄拐的瘸老头 |
[14:18] | gonna stop a man in the prime of his life? | 怎么能挡住我这风华正茂的青年 |
[14:23] | And I wasn’t even leaning on my cane. | 我刚刚都没靠着我的拐 |
[14:26] | – Come on, Daphne. – Boy, he really is sick. | – 走吧 Daphne – 天 他病得很厉害呀 |
[14:29] | You want to talk sick? 1962, World’s Fair. | 这算什么 1962年我去参加世博会 |
[14:33] | The tilt-a-whirl was right next to the Little Taste of India. | 大转轮旁边有个印度小吃摊位 |
[14:40] | well, as you know, I was out sick most of the week | 大家都知道 我请了一周病假 |
[14:43] | and I’d like to take this opportunity to express my sincere gratitude | 我想向Gil Chesterton和我弟弟Niles表达 |
[14:47] | to Gil Chesterton and to my brother Niles | 最诚挚的谢意 |
[14:50] | for doing such a great job of filling in for me. | 你们代班的节目精彩极了 |
[14:53] | I really appreciate it, guys. | 谢谢啦 伙计们 |
[14:58] | Well, Roz, now that I’m back to normal and feeling great | 我现在身体好极了 一切回到正轨了 Roz |
[15:02] | who’s our first caller? | 第一位来电的是谁呀 |
[15:05] | We have Sonja from Auburn on line three. | 3线上的是来自奥本市的Sonja |
[15:08] | Let’s just hear what Sonja has to say. | 咱们来听听Sonja的烦恼吧 |
[15:13] | Daphne Daphne Daphne! Daphne! | |
[15:15] | What is it this time? | 这次又怎么了 |
[15:16] | I had a dream! I had a dream! | 我做了个噩梦 做了个噩梦 |
[15:19] | They are plotting against me! | 他们都要害我 |
[15:22] | Now, now. Dr.Crane, I thought we went over this already. | 放松 Crane医生 咱们刚刚不是都说过了嘛 |
[15:24] | It’s just your fever talking. | 你就是烧糊涂了 |
[15:27] | That’s just what you want me to think. | 这是你给我灌输的理论 |
[15:29] | You’re probably in league with Niles. | 你肯定跟Niles沆瀣一气 |
[15:31] | I know about the two of you! | 你们俩那点儿事我还不知道嘛 |
[15:33] | You pretend not to know, but you know. | 你假装不知道 但其实你再清楚不过 |
[15:35] | I must get down there, and take my show back! | 我必须得去电台 收回失地 |
[15:37] | But you can barely function! | 你走都走不了了 |
[15:39] | I swear these prescriptions will take care of that and more. | 哼 这些药应该够用了 |
[15:41] | Now here, run down to the drugstore. post-haste! | 拿着 去药店给我买回来 赶紧的 |
[15:44] | Syducane?! This’ll have you high as a kite! | Syducane 这会让你嗨翻天的 |
[15:47] | that’s only until I take a couple of these. | 要嗨死还得加点这个 |
[15:49] | Now, I really don’t think you’re in any… | 好吧 我不认为你现在可以 |
[15:52] | Thank you, but the moment I give a fig about what you think | 我谢你啊 我现在真不在乎你的意见 |
[15:56] | is the day that England produces a great chef, | 除非有一天英国也能出个真正的大厨 |
[15:58] | a world-class bottle of wine, | 出瓶世界级美酒 |
[16:00] | and a car that has a decent electrical system. | 还得出产一辆有正常电气系统的车 |
[16:06] | You know, being a healthcare provider | 你知道吗 作为医护人员 |
[16:08] | I try to be sympathetic towards my patients, | 我对病人会尽量做到感同身受 |
[16:11] | but I have reached the end of my tether with you, Doctor! | 但我的忍耐也是有极限的 医生 |
[16:15] | You are by far the most ungrateful, | 你是我见过的最没良心的 |
[16:17] | disagreeable, self-centred, whiny fusspot | 脾气最坏 最自私 最吹毛求疵的患者 |
[16:20] | I’ve had the misfortune of dealing with! | 碰上你 我真是倒了八辈子霉 |
[16:23] | I’ve had patients on their | 我看护的那些弥留的病人 |
[16:24] | deathbeds who were more considerate,and a damn sight more jolly too! | 也没你这么自私 这么讨厌 |
[16:28] | As far as I’m concerned, you can lay in those sweaty sheets | 要我说 就应该让你躺在汗津津的床单上 |
[16:31] | till you’re one giant bedsore! | 直到你长褥疮为止 |
[16:35] | – Are you done? – Yes. | – 你说完了吗 – 嗯 |
[16:38] | Then scurry on down to the drugstore. | 那赶紧去药店 |
[16:39] | Get those filled while I get dressed. | 在我更衣的时候 把药都给我买齐了 |
[16:50] | Oh, hello, Frasier! What a surprise to see you here today! | 你好吗 Frasier 怎么今天就来了 |
[16:54] | It’s no wonder. I’ve taken some wonder drugs. I feel wonderful! | 这有什么 我喝了些有奇效的药 我好得不得了 |
[16:58] | So, I’m going to go do my show now so ta-ta, Pieman. | 我要去做节目了 拜拜 Pieman |
[17:05] | Thank you, Greta. | 谢谢 Greta |
[17:05] | It’s only satisfying to know I’ve change someone’s life. | 知道我的话对你有帮助 我比什么都开心 |
[17:10] | Look who’s just wandered into my booth. My brother, Frasier. | 看看谁刚进了直播间 我哥哥Frasier |
[17:14] | Hello, Niles. I’ve come to take back the reins of my show, | 你好 Niles 我是来收回我的节目的 |
[17:15] | So you can just scoot out of there. | 你哪儿凉快哪儿呆着去吧 |
[17:18] | I think this is a good time to go to commercial. | 我们现在插播一段广告吧 |
[17:21] | This is Dr Niles Crane. Let’s get better. | 我是Niles Crane医生 咱们一起好起来 |
[17:23] | You OK, Frasier? Your eyes look a little glassy. | 你还好吧 Frasier 瞧你眼神迷离的 |
[17:26] | I’m fine. It’s just the drugs I took have some minor slide effects. | 我很好 就是刚刚吃的药有点小小的”福”作用 |
[17:32] | Frasier, look at me. | Frasier 看着我 |
[17:34] | Do you see trails when I do this? | 我这样动手指你能看见轨迹吗 |
[17:37] | Whoa! | 哇 |
[17:40] | Wasn’t doing that before! | 以前咱们怎么没玩过 |
[17:42] | Listen, you’re not going on the air like this. Stop it! St… St… | 你这样不能直播 停下 停 停 |
[17:48] | This is what you are going to do. You’re going to go to bed, | 现在我要你听我的话 你要回去睡觉 |
[17:50] | You’re going to get rest. You’re going to get rid of this fever. | 你要好好休息 赶快好起来 |
[17:52] | so you can be as good as new. Let’s get better. | 然后你就能重振旗鼓了 咱们一起好起来 |
[17:58] | All right? | 好不好 |
[18:00] | – All right? – All right. OK. | – 好不好 – 好 好吧 |
[18:05] | Maybe, maybe the two of you can help me find someone to drive me home. | 那你俩能不能找个人把我送回去 |
[18:09] | That’s the most sensible thing you’ve said so far. | 你总算不说糊涂话了 |
[18:13] | Frasier Frasier Frasier! Frasier! | |
[18:25] | Hello, Seattle, I’m back. | 你好 西雅图 我回来了 |
[18:27] | This is Dr Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[18:28] | I promise I will never leave you again. | 我发誓我再也不会离开你们了 |
[18:32] | So, let’s take our first caller. | 咱们来看看第一个来电的是谁 |
[18:35] | Hello, I’m listening. | 你好 您请说 |
[18:38] | Hi, Dr Crane. | 嗨 Crane医生 |
[18:39] | Thanks for taking my call. | 谢谢您接听我的电话 |
[18:41] | I’m a little nervous, OK? My name is Robert. | 我有点紧张 我叫Robert |
[18:45] | And your name is…? | 你叫什么名字 |
[18:50] | My name is Robert. | 我叫Robert |
[18:52] | I’m sorry, we’ve already had a Robert | 抱歉 我们今天的节目里 |
[18:53] | in the show today. Goodbye. | 已经接过Robert的电话了 再见 |
[18:57] | Tony, It’s Roz. Could you get Security up here? | Tony 我是Roz 你能赶紧让保安来一趟吗 |
[19:00] | Captain Kirk’s got control of the bridge, and he’s gone insane. | 寇克船长控制了舰桥 他已经疯了 |
[19:05] | – Who is this? – I’m Janice. | – 哪位 – 我是Janice |
[19:07] | Well, Janice. What’s your problem? | Janice 你有什么烦恼 |
[19:10] | Well, I’m having a problem | 我跟我的公公婆婆 |
[19:11] | breaking through a barrier with my in-laws.’ | 关系有点僵 |
[19:14] | Boring! | 没意思 |
[19:20] | Hello, you’re on the crane with Frasier Air. | 你好 你现在跟直播在Frasier上 |
[19:24] | Hi, Dr Crane, this is Marjorie. | 你好 Crane医生 我是Marjorie |
[19:27] | Well, I’m having a problem with my boss. | 我对我的老板有点看法 |
[19:30] | He doesn’t seem to respect me, | 他一点都不尊重我 |
[19:31] | and I don’t have the courage to confront him. | 但我没勇气跟他对质 |
[19:34] | OK, Marjorie. Well, let’s see. Let’s do a little role-playing. | OK Marjorie 我看看 咱们来角色扮演吧 |
[19:39] | OK? Well look, I’ll be your boss, you be yourself, you be Marjorie. | 好不 我来当你老板 你就是自己 Marjorie |
[19:42] | And come on in and talk to me in a very forceful way, | 强势一点来对我直抒胸臆 |
[19:44] | and tell me what you think. | 告诉我你真实的想法 |
[19:46] | – and you may just be surprised what happened. – Well, OK. | – 咱们看看能有什么样的结果 – 好吧 |
[19:50] | Listen, Mr Ross, I’ve worked for this company for six years, | 你听着 Ross先生 我为公司服务了六年 |
[19:54] | and I’ve never missed a day, | 我从没请过一天假 |
[19:57] | but you’ve constantly promoted people less qualified than I am. | 但你一直提拔不如我的人 |
[20:00] | I don’t think that’s not fair. | 我觉得这不公平 |
[20:03] | Oh, well, Marjorie, I must say I admire your forthrightness. | 嗯 Marjorie 我欣赏你的直率 |
[20:08] | And I wish more of my employees came and spoke to | 我希望有更多的员工可以跟我 |
[20:10] | me with an open mind. You know, you’re gonna get that promotion. | 这样开诚布公 我会给你升职的 |
[20:14] | – Hey, that was great! – Wasn’t it? Wasn’t it? | – 哇 太好了 – 是吧 是吧 |
[20:16] | OK, it’s my turn. | 好 现在咱们换换 |
[20:17] | I’m Marjorie, you’re the boss now. | 我当Marjorie 你当老板 |
[20:19] | Come on! Come on! | 来嘛 来嘛 |
[20:22] | Frasier, these nice men are going to take you home. | Frasier 这些好心人会带你回家 |
[20:25] | I’m… I’m doing my show. I can’t. | 我 我正在做节目呢 我不能走 |
[20:28] | I’m on the air. | 我在直播呢 |
[20:29] | No. You’re not. We cut you off. You’re on commercial. | 没有 我们早开始插播广告了 |
[20:31] | Don’t you worry your little mucus-filled head about anything. | 你别担心 你个小浆糊脑袋 |
[20:33] | we’ve got everything’s under control. | 一切都在我们的掌控之中 |
[20:35] | This is my show! It’s my booth. Hey, this is fun. | 这是我的节目 我的直播间 诶 这个好玩 |
[20:38] | Make it go faster! Whee! | 再快点 哇 |
[20:43] | – Five seconds, Niles! – All right. | – 还有5秒 Niles – 好的 |
[20:48] | Hello, this is Dr Niles Crane again. | 你好 我是Niles Crane医生 |
[20:50] | And no, we haven’t taken leave of our senses. | 我们刚刚并没有失去控制 |
[20:51] | That bit of inspired lunacy you heard before the commercial | 刚刚您在广告前听到的那抽风的表演 |
[20:54] | Was just a little docudrama Frasier and I put together | 是我跟Frasier安排的好戏 |
[20:56] | On the dangers of overmedication. | 向您展示用药过度的危害 |
[21:06] | Bravo, Frasier, | 干得漂亮 Frasier |
[21:06] | For so brilliantly demonstrating why they call it “Dope”. | 精湛地展示了什么叫”嗨了” |
[21:13] | Daphne Daphne Daphne! Daphne! | |
[21:16] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:18] | I had another dream. | 我又做梦了 |
[21:19] | I dreamt I went down to the station all doped up | 我梦见我药效发作 直接跑去了电台 |
[21:22] | trying to take over my show | 想把我的节目抢回来 |
[21:23] | and made a big fool of myself! | 大大地出了丑 |
[21:25] | They dragged me out of there | 他们把我拽了出来 |
[21:26] | like some lunatic on a butterfly net. | 我就像个拿着捕蝶网的疯子一样 |
[21:28] | Oh,now, now. That was just a dream. You go back to sleep. | 没事 就是一个梦 你接着睡觉吧 |
[21:32] | – You’ll feel better in the morning. – OK. Ah… | – 早上你就好了 – 好吧 |
[21:36] | Oh, Daphne… Could I have a little lemonade? | Daphne 能给我来点柠檬水吗 |
[21:40] | With fresh lemons and maybe a little sprig of mint. | 要新鲜柠檬做的 再加一丁点薄荷 |
[21:42] | Anything you want. | 没问题 |
[21:46] | Why’d you tell him it was a dream? | 你干嘛不告诉他那不是梦 |
[21:48] | No fun telling him the truth now. | 现在告诉他有什么意思 |
[21:52] | I’ll wait till tomorrow morning when he’s good and lucid. | 我要等明早他清醒以后 好好拿他开涮 |