时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | What the hell are you doing? | 你这是在干嘛 |
[00:17] | Ironing your son’s socks. | 帮你儿子熨袜子 |
[00:19] | Why don’t you twist them into balls | 你干嘛不团成一团 |
[00:21] | like you do mine? | 就像我的袜子那样 |
[00:22] | He says it bruises the cashmere. | 他说那样会破坏羊绒 |
[00:25] | He likes them pressed, folded, | 他要把他们熨平折好 |
[00:27] | then neatly arranged in sock dividers. | 然后整齐地放在袜子收纳盒里 |
[00:30] | I saw them in a catalogue once, | 我曾经在产品目录里面看到过 |
[00:31] | but couldn’t imagine who in the world would ever buy such silly things. | 当时就想谁会买这么白痴的东西 |
[00:36] | Of course, I hadn’t met Dr Crane yet. | 当然啦 那会我还不认识Crane医生 |
[00:39] | We used to think there’d been some sort of mix-up at the hospital. | 我们曾经以为医院把别人的小孩给我们了 |
[00:42] | Of course, when Niles came along, | 当然 Niles出生以后 |
[00:44] | it shot that theory all to hell. | 我们就知道是自己想太多了 |
[00:49] | Oh, Dad, Dad, please. Coaster. | 老爸 老爸 拜托 杯垫 |
[00:52] | Your beer is sweating. | 你的啤酒在”出汗” |
[00:53] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[00:54] | You wanna shove one of those under my can? | 你要往我屁股底下也垫一个么 |
[01:02] | If he could, he would. | 如果能的话 他肯定会的 |
[01:07] | Oh, Mrs Greenway, what a pleasant surprise. | Greenway女士 真高兴见到你 |
[01:09] | I knew it. That’s him. | 我就知道是他 |
[01:10] | Won’t you come in? | 进来说吧 |
[01:12] | I had to see him again, before I am sure, | 我一定要再见它一次才能确定 |
[01:14] | but now I’m positive. | 现在我能确定了 |
[01:15] | That is the horny little mixed breed | 就是这个放荡的小杂种 |
[01:18] | who got my Phoebe pregnant. | 让我的Phoebe怀孕的 |
[01:22] | Hey, you can’t just bust in here accusing my dog. | 你不能就这么冲进来对着我家狗兴师问罪 |
[01:25] | Oh, it’s him all right! | 明明就是它 |
[01:25] | I had to keep shooing him away from Phoebe in the park! | 它在公园里一直跟着Phoebe 撵都撵不走 |
[01:29] | Look at him. | 看看他 |
[01:30] | He doesn’t care whose life he’s ruined! | 他根本不在意他毁了谁的生活 |
[01:34] | All he cares about is his own selfish pleasure! | 他只关心自己的私欲是否得到满足 |
[01:39] | You know what your problem is, Dorothea? | 你知道你的问题是什么吗 Dorothea |
[01:41] | You got a bad attitude. | 你脾气太差了 |
[01:43] | That’s why nobody sits with you in the park. | 所以在公园里没人肯坐在你旁边 |
[01:46] | Mrs Greenway. There’s no way Eddie could be the father. | Greenway女士 Eddie没机会做爸爸的 |
[01:49] | He’s been neutered. | 它做过绝育了 |
[01:50] | Oh, really? Well then, how do you explain these? | 真的么 那你们谁来解释一下这个 |
[01:53] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[02:00] | They’re miniature Eddies! | 它们就是迷你Eddie |
[02:01] | Oh, aren’t they adorable? Oh! | 它们真是太可爱了 |
[02:04] | Well, I’m glad you think so, | 我真高兴你这么想 |
[02:05] | because they’re yours. | 它们现在归你了 |
[02:06] | Oh, Bad dog! | 坏狗 |
[02:09] | Look what you did! | 看看你做了什么 |
[02:11] | Here, take these. | 你先拿着 |
[02:13] | Dad, Dad, I expect an explanation. | 爸爸 你给我解释一下 |
[02:15] | All this time I thought Eddie had been fixed. | 我一直认为Eddie已经做过手术了 |
[02:18] | All you had to do was look. | 你自己看看就知道啦 |
[02:19] | Well, I’m glad to say I’ve never been that bored. | 我想说 我还没有那么无聊 |
[02:22] | Oh, Couldn’t you just eat ’em up? | 可爱到想咬它们一口啊 |
[02:25] | Oh, for God’s sake, please don’t, don’t love them. | 神啊 求你 别 别爱上它们 |
[02:27] | They’ll think they’re staying. | 他们会认为这就是他们的家了 |
[02:29] | Keep them off the couch. | 赶紧从沙发上拿下去 |
[02:31] | What did you thinking let him run free in the park? | 你怎么能让它在公园里到处乱跑 |
[02:33] | Haven’t you seen the way he trys romances | 它对我的浴巾加热器那股痴缠的劲儿 |
[02:34] | my towel warmer? | 你又不是不知道 |
[02:38] | Look, he’s cooped up here all day. | 他整天闷在家里 |
[02:40] | When we go to the park, | 所以难得去次公园 |
[02:41] | I let him off the leash so he can get a little exercise. | 我就解开链子让他锻炼锻炼 |
[02:43] | Apparently, that’s not all he got. | 很明显 他不止做了那事 |
[02:47] | I think I’ve found the perfect name for this one. | 我给这只起了个超赞的名字 |
[02:49] | STOP! | 打住 |
[02:51] | Dogs only need names | 狗不需要名字 |
[02:52] | if you are planning to call them to you, which we are not. | 除非你准备叫它们 这明显没可能 |
[02:55] | Oh, now listen you, you get right back in there, | 你给我听着 你给我回到箱子里面去 |
[02:58] | you mangy little thing! Oh, my God… | 你这个肮脏的小家伙 天呐 |
[03:01] | All right. All right now I’ve got to run down to the radio station, | 好 好了 我要赶去电台了 |
[03:03] | but believe me we are going to be having a discussion about this | 但是我们要好好讨论一下 |
[03:05] | when I get back… | 等我回 |
[03:06] | Oh, relax, Frasier. I’ll have Eddie taken care of tomorrow. | 放松 Frasier 我明天会带Eddie去做手术的 |
[03:08] | Yes, well you better. | 是啊 最好如此 |
[03:10] | Daphne, give me that box, please. | Daphne 把那个箱子给我 |
[03:12] | Where are you taking the puppies? | 你要把这些小狗狗带到哪里去 |
[03:13] | To see if I can unload some down at the station. | 看看能不能在电台解决掉几只 |
[03:16] | Oh, couldn’t we just keep them for a while? | 我们就不能养一段时间么 |
[03:19] | No, no, we don’t want them taking after their father. | 不 不 不能给它们机会子承父业 |
[03:23] | May be too late already. | 可能已经太晚了 |
[03:25] | Oh, for God’s sake. Stop staring at me! | 神呐 不要再盯着我啦 |
[03:35] | Hello, Roz. Don’t you look lovely. | 你好 Roz 你今天真漂亮 |
[03:37] | I know what’s in the box. I don’t want one. | 我知道箱子里是什么 我不想要 |
[03:39] | But I didn’t say anything. | 但是我还什么都没说呢 |
[03:41] | Betty from accounting called to warn me. | 会计部Betty已经打电话提醒过我了 |
[03:43] | Where did you find them anyway? | 你从哪儿搞来这些狗的 |
[03:45] | In my living room. | 我家客厅 |
[03:47] | These are Eddie’s mongrel seed. | 这些是Eddie的混血小崽子们 |
[03:52] | You don’t know anybody that wants six puppies, do you? | 你知道有谁想要六个小狗崽的么 |
[03:54] | Six? All right, Eddie! | 六个 厉害啊 Eddie |
[03:56] | Oh, please. | 拜托 |
[03:58] | I’ve been traipsing up and down in the hallway for an hour | 我在走廊里来回走了一个小时 |
[04:01] | trying to unload them. | 想找人领养它们 |
[04:02] | I haven’t had the slightest bit of luck. | 还是一无所获 |
[04:04] | Well Frasier, not everybody likes dogs. | Frasier 不是所有人都喜欢狗的 |
[04:06] | Take me. I’m a cat person. | 比如我 我是爱猫人士 |
[04:09] | It’s not like I’d buy a cat mug cat calender or anything, | 不是说我会买猫咪杯子 猫咪日历 或其他东西 |
[04:12] | but I had a cat when I was growing up. | 但是我小时候养过一只猫 |
[04:14] | We were almost inseparable. | 我们几乎形影不离 |
[04:16] | Muffles or Scruffles, something like that. | 叫Muffles还是Scruffles 反正类似的名字 |
[04:20] | You know, Roz, | 其实哦 Roz |
[04:22] | it’s entirely possible there’s a dog lover inside you | 可能你的内心深处是个爱狗人士 |
[04:25] | just dying to get out. | 只是缺个契机 |
[04:27] | Don’t you think so? | 你不觉得吗 |
[04:28] | Come on, come on, come on, | 拜托 来嘛 来嘛 |
[04:29] | just, just take a look, just have a look, let’s have a look… | 就 就看一眼 咱们就来看一眼 |
[04:35] | Oh, he’s adorable! Oh, come here, little fella! | 哦 太可爱了 过来 小家伙 |
[04:41] | Oh. Aren’t you the cutest little thing? | 你真是世界上最可爱的小家伙了 |
[04:46] | Give me a kiss. Give me a kiss. | 亲一下 亲一下 |
[04:48] | Oh! I love you too. | 喔 我也爱你 |
[04:51] | There. Happy now? | 给你 开心啦 |
[04:57] | Roz, how can you just toss him aside | Roz 你怎么能就这么把它扔一边 |
[05:00] | after such a tender display of affection? | 你刚刚表现地那么爱它 |
[05:02] | I can do it with men, too. | 我对男人也这样 |
[05:06] | Come on. Frasier It’s time to start the show. | 快点 Frasier 节目快要开始了 |
[05:09] | Phil, puppy! Puppy! | Phil 小狗 小狗哦 |
[05:12] | They’re all on to me. | 都跟我对着干 |
[05:14] | All right, now, you guys behave yourselves. | 好吧 你们也给我乖一点 |
[05:19] | Hello, Seattle. This is Dr Frasier Crane, | 你好 西雅图 我是Crane医生 |
[05:21] | coming to you from KACL 780 Talk Radio. | 在KACL780电台 为您直播 |
[05:24] | I’ll be with you for the next three hours. | 之后三个小时 我会陪着大家 |
[05:26] | So Roz, who’s our first caller? | Roz 第一位来电听众是谁 |
[05:29] | We have Rita on line four. | 四号线的Rita |
[05:30] | She’s feeling a little overwhelmed at home. | 家里的事情让她不堪重负 |
[05:33] | Hello, Rita. I’m listening. | 你好 Rita 你请讲 |
[05:36] | Yeah, Dr Crane. | Crane 医生 |
[05:37] | Oh, Dr Crane, I’m e…thank you for taking my call. | Crane医生 谢谢你接我电话 |
[05:41] | I…I tell you, I… | 我跟你讲 我 |
[05:43] | I’m about to lose my mind. | 我快要疯了 |
[05:47] | I am raising four kids by myself. | 我独自抚养四个孩子 |
[05:49] | The oldest one is not even seven | 年纪最大的不到七岁 |
[05:50] | and the others threes are all under five. | 其它三个不到五岁 |
[05:54] | Between cooking, cleaning, | 忙于做饭 清扫 |
[05:55] | and changing diapers and tripping over toys… | 要换尿布 还经常被玩具绊倒 |
[05:59] | I feel sometimes like I am about to snap. | 我有时候觉得快到极限了 |
[06:02] | What… What should I do?’ | 我该怎么办 |
[06:05] | Have you considered getting a puppy? | 你有没有想过养一只小狗 |
[06:15] | If we can’t have this one, | 如果我们不能领养这只 |
[06:16] | are there any other puppies available? | 那还有没有其他的 |
[06:18] | No. We found homes for all the others. | 没了 其他几只都找好主人了 |
[06:20] | But thanks for coming over, bye now.. | 感谢你过来一趟 再见 |
[06:22] | But the children. I mean Dr Crane said… | 但是孩子们 我是说 Crane医生说过 |
[06:24] | well Don’t you so wobbly, | 别叽歪了 狗多了去了 |
[06:26] | there are other dogs in the world. Now, give me that. | 何必单恋一只狗啊 给我 |
[06:29] | Thank you for coming over. Thank you. | 谢谢你们过来一趟 谢谢 |
[06:33] | I thought you might like some wine and patty. | 你们可能会想来点红酒和小馅饼 |
[06:36] | I made some lemonade for the children. | 我给孩子们倒了点柠檬汁 |
[06:44] | Where are the Thomasons? | Thomasons一家去哪了 |
[06:46] | Why is that dog still here? | 为什么狗还在这 |
[06:48] | I’m sorry, Dr Crane, | 抱歉 Crane医生 |
[06:50] | but they struck me as unfit guardians. | 我深深觉得他们不是合适的主人 |
[06:52] | For God’s sake. He works at the zoo! | 拜托 他在动物园工作的 |
[06:56] | She’s a nurse! | 她是护士 |
[06:56] | Billy’s an altar boy | Billy是神父的助手 |
[06:57] | and Kathy is a campfire girl! | Kathy是露营团团员 |
[06:59] | They had a dark aura. | 他们散发着黑暗的气场 |
[07:01] | They had a ten-acre farm! | 他们有十英亩的农场 |
[07:03] | If they’d taken me either, I’d gone with them! | 他们可以把我也领养了 |
[07:06] | Oh, I see. | 我明白了 |
[07:08] | So you want me to give the little fellow away to just anybody? | 你觉得随便谁都可以领走这小家伙 |
[07:10] | No, I’m not saying that. It’s just that he can’t stay here. | 我没这么说 只是它不能留在这里 |
[07:17] | Oh Hello, Niles. Come in. | 你好 Niles 快进来 |
[07:20] | I hope you don’t mind my stopping by. | 希望你们不介意我进来坐坐 |
[07:22] | Maris is hosting the Women’s League Senior Yoga Group. | Maris在主持妇女联盟高级瑜伽队活动 |
[07:24] | And, well, old money and body stockings… | 到处是上了年纪的贵妇和紧身衣 |
[07:32] | Say no more. You’re welcome to hide out here. | 不用多说 欢迎你躲在这里 |
[07:36] | I see the kennel is still open. | 看来寄宿之家还开着呐 |
[07:38] | Yes, but that’s the last one. | 嗯 这是最后一只了 |
[07:40] | I even managed to found a nice home for him, | 我本来也为它找了个不错的主人 |
[07:43] | but Daphne thought the family wasn’t nice enough. | 但是Daphne觉得他们不够好 |
[07:45] | Some patty, Niles? | 吃点小馅饼 Niles |
[07:46] | I didn’t reject them. The dog did. | 不是我拒绝他们的 是狗狗拒绝的 |
[07:49] | Canines have a very keen sense of who’s a nice person and who isn’t. | 小狗很会看人的 好人坏人一看便知 |
[07:53] | Why, Many’s the time I’ve chosen a man based solely | 很多时候 我选择男人就是完全依据 |
[07:57] | on the way my mum’s spaniel took to him. | 我妈妈的猎犬对他的态度 |
[07:59] | Daphne, that is preposterous, letting a dog choose your dates. | Daphne 太荒谬了 竟然让狗帮你选约会对象 |
[08:04] | It’s true. If a dog likes a man, | 真的 如果狗狗喜欢这个男人 |
[08:06] | it’s a good bet he’s warm and sensitive. | 那很可能他就是个比较温和细腻的人 |
[08:09] | You know, I really didn’t get a good look at this little tyke. | 我都还没有好好看过这只小混血狗 |
[08:16] | Come here, boy. Come to your Uncle Niles. Oh! Oh! | 过来 孩子 来你Niles叔叔这边 哦哦 |
[08:26] | Look at that. He’s taken quite a shine to you. | 看看 他对你很有好感 |
[08:28] | Yes. Happens all the time. | 是啊 不是一次两次了 |
[08:34] | Daphne, would you mind taking the dog away please? | Daphne 先把狗放下来吧 |
[08:36] | Get back to the phone the Thomasons | 给Thomasons一家打个电话 |
[08:38] | and tell them we’ve reconsidered. | 跟他们说我们改主意了 |
[08:39] | All right, but only for a two-week trial. | 好吧 但是要有两个星期的试养期 |
[08:42] | – Thank you. – Come along, Basil. | – 谢谢你 – 过来 Basil |
[08:44] | I told you not to name them! | 跟你说了别给它取名字 |
[08:48] | – Hello, Dad. – Afternoon, boys. | – 你好 爸爸 – 下午好 孩子们 |
[08:58] | Dad, I seem to remember that Eddie | 爸爸 我记得Eddie好像 |
[09:00] | had a little appointment down at the vet’s. | 应该和兽医预约过手术来着 |
[09:03] | I can’t help but notice he still has that… | 我很难忽略一个摆在我面前的事实 |
[09:06] | certain spring in his step. | 它还挂着把儿呢 |
[09:12] | Yeah, well, We started heading down there, | 我们去过了 |
[09:15] | but the traffic was a bear, you know. | 但是路况太差了 |
[09:18] | You get a sunny day in this town | 难得一个晴天 |
[09:19] | and everybody forgets how to drive. | 大家都忘了怎么开车了 |
[09:24] | You are going to reschedule, aren’t you? | 你会去重新预约的吧 |
[09:26] | Oh yeah, yeah. I’ll call them in the morning. | 当然啦 我明天早上就联系他们 |
[09:28] | This is the second time you’ve canceled that appointment. | 这是你第二次取消预约了 |
[09:31] | What seems to be the problem? | 到底有什么问题 |
[09:32] | Oh, it’s no problem. What’s the big deal? | 没问题啊 又不是什么大事 |
[09:35] | I’ll call tomorrow. Relax, will you?’ | 我明天会打电话的 放松 好吧 |
[09:39] | – Dear God, he’s licking me! – Oh, Eddie! | – 天呐 他在舔我 – Eddie |
[09:42] | Eddie, just stop. | Eddie 快停下 |
[09:46] | Niles Oh, Niles… | |
[09:49] | You have liver behind your ears. | 你耳朵后面有肝酱 |
[09:53] | I imagine I must have picked up a cracker | 我猜一定是拿饼干的时候 |
[09:55] | and inadvertently scratched behind my ear. | 一不小心蹭到耳朵上了 |
[09:58] | So you are telling me had a wad of cold meat behind your ears | 你是说你耳朵后面有一坨冷冻肉 |
[10:02] | and you didn’t feel it? | 但是你一点感觉都没有 |
[10:04] | That’s the story I’m sticking with, yes. | 反正我会坚持这个故事的 是的 |
[10:11] | Dad, Dad listen, I want an assurance you’ll take care of this. | 爸爸 听着 我要你保证你会处理好这件事 |
[10:14] | – Fine. – You promise? | – 好吧 – 你保证吗 |
[10:15] | – Hey, I said I’d do it and I will! | – 我这个人一向说到做到 |
[10:17] | You don’t have to pin a note to my sweater, get off my back! | 准备在我衣服上贴个条儿嘛 少来烦我 |
[10:20] | Anybody wants me I’ll be down at Duke’s. | 要找我的话 我在楼下的Duck’s餐馆 |
[10:23] | Ever notice how much faster he moves when he’s wrong? | 发现没 每次他做错事 行动速度提高好多哦 |
[10:27] | Apparently he’s got a psychological block against taking Eddie down there. | 很明显 他对带Eddie去那里有心理障碍 |
[10:31] | Guess I’m gonna have to do it. | 看来还是得我去 |
[10:32] | Somebody has to be responsible in this family. | 总得有人负责吧 |
[10:34] | All right, Good boy, Eddie. Come on. Let’s go. Eddie? | 好吧 乖狗狗 Eddie 过来 我们走 Eddie |
[10:39] | Niles Uh, Niles. | |
[10:41] | Oh. Now, Eddie, it’s a routine operation. | Eddie 这只是个常规手术 |
[10:45] | They say it’s almost painless, although I can’t imagine… | 他们说是无痛的 虽然我是不能想象啦 |
[10:53] | No, Niles. Perhaps it’s best we don’t discuss the operation. | 不 Niles 我们最好还是别讨论手术 |
[10:57] | We might spook him. | 可能会吓到他 |
[10:59] | Excuse me? Are you saying he understands me? | 不好意思 你是说他能听懂我说的话 |
[11:03] | Well, he understands the word B-A-T-H. | 他听得懂”西一早奥”(洗澡) |
[11:07] | God knows how much English he’s picked up. | 谁知道他到底学会了多少英语 |
[11:11] | Fine. Tu tournes a droit. | 好吧 笔直转万 |
[11:13] | Ah, bon, bon. Je marcherai derriere lui.. | 豪的 豪的 窝悄悄奏到它厚面 |
[11:17] | Mais, tu es celui qui va l’amener chez le medecin pour le… snip-snip. | 八它引过来 呆到医生那儿 咔嚓掉它 |
[11:20] | Ah. C’es vrais, mais… What are we doing? Eddie, come here! | 遮样才对嘛 我们到底在干嘛 Eddie 过来 |
[11:25] | This is ridiculous. Oh, oh, Look at him! | 这太可笑了 看看它 |
[11:48] | What are you staring at? | 你看什么看 |
[11:53] | You know why you’re here, don’t you? | 你知道为什么你在这 对吧 |
[11:56] | Now, listen, it’s for your own good. | 听着 这是为你好 |
[11:58] | Believe me, you’ll be much happier afterwards. | 相信我 这之后你会更开心的 |
[12:05] | Look, your day-to-day routine, it’ll be exactly the same. | 你每天的生活一点都不会改变 |
[12:10] | You’ll be able to sleep, run around with your little buddies, | 你可以睡觉 和小伙伴们跑来跑去 |
[12:13] | go play in the woods, chase the birds, lick your… | 在树丛里玩耍 追鸟 舔你的 |
[12:22] | Did I mention sleep? | 我说过睡觉的事了吗 |
[12:25] | You got a lot of nerve! You know that? You all right, boy? | 你真是胆大包天 你知道么 你还好吧 孩子 |
[12:28] | Of course his all right. Dad, why are you so upset? | 他当然很好啦 老爸 为什么你这么生气 |
[12:31] | – I’m only doing this to help you out. – That’s a load of crap! | – 我这是在帮你 – 一派胡言 |
[12:34] | Look, We all agreed this had to be done, right? | 我们一致认为这么做是有必要的 不是吗 |
[12:36] | You seems to had a problem with it, so I took charge. | 你看起来有些为难 所以我就挺身而出啦 |
[12:38] | I don’t need you taking charge. | 谁要你挺身而出了 |
[12:39] | Eddith is my dog, so mind your own damn business. | Eddie是我的狗 先管好你自己吧 |
[12:42] | And here’s something else you should know: | 还有件事你要搞清楚 |
[12:43] | I don’t need your help and I don’t want it! | 我不需要 也不想要你的帮助 |
[12:45] | Why are you so upset. It doesn’t matter who brought him down here. | 你干什么这么生气 谁带它来的有什么所谓 |
[12:48] | Oh, yes it does! I’m perfectly capable of taking care of him. | 当然有所谓 我完全有能力照顾好它 |
[12:50] | Just like I feed him, walk him and give him his bath! | 包括喂它 遛它和给它洗澡 |
[12:53] | – Eddie! – No! | – Eddie – 不 |
[12:54] | – See what you did? – Me? | – 看你做的好事 – 我 |
[12:58] | OK, thanks. Oh, listen, Daphne’s here in case anybody sees him. | 好的 谢谢 听着 Daphne会在家等消息的 |
[13:05] | I got the guys at the station circulating Eddie’s picture. | 我找了些人拿着Eddie的照片去车站找它了 |
[13:07] | I’m gonna go out and look for him so more. | 我再出去找一圈 |
[13:09] | Oh, come on now, You’ve done enough. | 算了吧 你已经尽力了 |
[13:11] | Why don’t you just sit still and drink your tea? | 先坐下来喝杯茶 |
[13:13] | I hate tea. | 我讨厌喝茶 |
[13:14] | Humor me. In an emergency, it’s all I know how to do. | 配合一下嘛 碰到这种紧急情况我只会这一招 |
[13:17] | That’s a real comfort, coming from a health-care provider. | 康复顾问竟然这么说 真是让人安心呐 |
[13:29] | Dad, I’m sorry. There was no luck at the pound. | 爸爸 对不起 动物收容所也没有 |
[13:34] | They said they’ll call if they find a dog matching Eddie’s description. | 他们说如果发现和Eddie长得像的狗 会通知我们 |
[13:39] | A $500 reward for Eddie? | 五百美元的悬赏 为了Eddie |
[13:44] | Sure it’s enough? | 这点钱就够了吗 |
[13:49] | Right now It’s about 500 more than I’d pay to get you back. | 如果是悬赏来找你的话 我肯定少出五百美金 |
[13:55] | Look, dad, I said I was sorry. | 爸爸 我说过对不起了 |
[13:57] | Well, I just can’t sit here. I’m goin’ back to the park. | 我不能坐在这儿 我要再去公园找找 |
[14:00] | Park again? What makes you think he’ll show up there? | 又去公园 你为什么觉得它会出现在公园啊 |
[14:03] | Because that’s his hangout. | 因为那里是他的据点 |
[14:05] | Didn’t you ever have a place like that? | 你应该也有这么一个据点吧 |
[14:06] | Somewhere you went to meet women, a place where you got lucky? | 能够偶遇异性的幸运之地 |
[14:12] | Well, I suppose so. | 是有那么一个 |
[14:13] | Didn’t you go back? | 那你会不想回去吗 |
[14:17] | To the park! | 去公园吧 |
[14:19] | This time we’ll comb every inch of that place, every tree, every bush. | 这次我们一寸一寸的找 找遍每一棵树 每片小树丛 |
[14:23] | And, and, Daphne, we gonna need more help. | Daphne 我们需要人手 |
[14:25] | So call Niles. Tell him we’ll pick him up. | 给Niles打电话 我们现在去接他 |
[14:27] | Oh, yes, wouldn’t want to go out in the wilds | 是啊 要去野外的话 |
[14:29] | without one of the world’s great outdoors men! | 怎么可以落下最棒的户外健将呢 |
[14:33] | Oh, this is odd. | 有点奇怪 |
[14:35] | I just got one of me psychic flashes. It’s about Eddie. | 我刚刚又灵光乍现了 我看到了Eddie |
[14:38] | – Well? – It doesn’t make any sense. | – 看见什么了 – 说不通啊 |
[14:41] | All I’m getting is a picture of Eddie sitting with Dr Crane. | 我竟然看到Eddie和Crane医生坐在一起 |
[14:55] | – Any luck? – I couldn’t find him. | – 怎么样 – 我没找到它 |
[14:58] | Where’s Niles? | Niles在哪里 |
[15:00] | We split up to cover more ground. | 我们分开了以便搜寻更多的地方 |
[15:04] | Well, scrunch down. If Eddie comes back sees you here, he’ll run away again. | 坐低点 如果Eddie回来了看见你 又会逃跑的 |
[15:18] | You know, Dad, maybe we ought to call it a night. | 老爸 今天就找到这里吧 |
[15:20] | You’ve been sit in this car for three hours. | 你在车里坐了整整三个小时了 |
[15:22] | Oh, that’s nothing. | 这算什么 |
[15:23] | I was on a stakeout once for 15 hours without ever getting out of the car. | 我有一次盯梢任务躲在车里15个小时没出来 |
[15:27] | We had a contest to see who could last longest. | 我们比赛看谁坚持的时间最长 |
[15:29] | The winner was Canteen McHugh. | 赢家是水壶McHugh |
[15:32] | Know why we called him that? | 知道我们为什么这么叫他吗 |
[15:34] | I think I can guess. | 我觉得我猜得出 |
[15:37] | His bladder was the size of a canteen. | 他的膀胱有水壶那么大 |
[15:39] | Thank you for clearing that up. | 谢谢你解释得这么清楚 |
[15:42] | You could have slung his bladder over your shoulder | 他那膀胱 你直接扛在肩上 |
[15:44] | and gone on a 20-mile forced march through the desert. | 可以在沙漠里面行军20公里不带停的 |
[15:47] | – Big, huh? – That’s what I’ve been saying. | – 很大是吧 – 我就是这个意思啊 |
[15:54] | Hey, close that window! It’s freezing! | 关上窗户 冷死了 |
[15:56] | Oh Dad, it’s like a blast furnace in here. | 老爸 里面像个鼓风炉一样热 |
[15:58] | Well, I’m cold, okay? At my age, you get cold easily. | 我冷行不行 到我这个年纪 很容易觉得冷的 |
[16:00] | Right. | 好吧 |
[16:04] | You know, dad, | 老爸 |
[16:06] | I’ve just developed a very interesting theory about you. | 我突然想到一个关于你 有趣的定论 |
[16:10] | lf I begged you, would you share it with me? | 如果我求你 你肯不肯告诉我呢 |
[16:17] | If that’s your attitude, just forget it. | 如果你要这种态度 我就不讲了 |
[16:25] | Hello? Oh, Niles. | 喂 Niles |
[16:27] | – Did he find him? – Just a second. | – 找到它了吗 – 等等 |
[16:29] | Nile, let me put you on speaker phone here. Hang on. | Niles 我开免提 等一下 |
[16:33] | OK. Go ahead, Niles. | 好啦 说吧 Nilse |
[16:35] | I’m out here in the middle of the park and I’m lost. | 我在公园里 但是我走丢了 |
[16:43] | Thank God for my cellular. | 幸亏我有手机 |
[16:45] | Did you see Eddie? | 你看见Eddie了没 |
[16:47] | No, but I thought I saw a raccoon. | 没 但我以为我看到了一只浣熊 |
[16:50] | When I stopped running, I had no idea where I was. | 等我跑够了 就不知道自己在哪儿了 |
[16:54] | You’ve got to help me. | 你们一定要来救我 |
[16:56] | All right, all right, Niles, just, just remain calm. | 好吧 好吧 Niles 先保持镇定 |
[16:58] | Let me think back to my Boy Scout training. | 让我回想下童子军的训练 |
[17:01] | All right, now, we’re on the northeast corner of the park. | 好了 那么 现在我们在公园的东北角 |
[17:07] | All right, look into the heavens | 往天上看 |
[17:09] | and see if you can spot the North Star. | 看看你能不能看见北斗七星 |
[17:12] | Then you want to turn twelve degrees to your right… | 然后向右边转12度 |
[17:15] | For God’s sake! Just walk towards the horn. | 神呐 向着喇叭声走 |
[17:26] | I hear it, I hear it, Dad. I’m walking. | 我听到了 听到了 爸爸 我走过来了 |
[17:29] | All right. Just keep following it. | 好的 跟着声音走 |
[17:33] | I see a grove of trees and a fountain | 我看见个小树林和一个喷泉 |
[17:36] | and a horrible hunchbacked old man. Stay away from me! | 和一个可怕的驼背老人 离我远点 |
[17:43] | No. No. It was just a bush. | 不 不 只是个树丛 |
[17:48] | Okay, okay. Things are beginning to look familiar now. Keep honking. | 好了 好了 这里有点眼熟了 继续按喇叭 |
[17:54] | I think I’m homing in. Yes, I’m quite sure this is the way. | 我应该是找到了 对 我很确定就是这里 |
[18:01] | OK, you can hang up now. | 行了 你可以挂啦 |
[18:05] | That was a harrowing experience. | 真是个可怕的经历 |
[18:07] | Yeah, a shrub and a raccoon in one night | 是啊 树丛和浣熊今晚同时出现了 |
[18:09] | and you lived to tell about it. | 你竟然还有命跑来告诉我们 |
[18:11] | Dad, I’m sorry I couldn’t find Eddie. | 爸 我很抱歉 我找不到Eddie |
[18:16] | I hope you understand. | 我希望你能理解 |
[18:17] | I think I’d like to go home now and hold my wife. | 我该回家了 我要回去抱着我老婆 |
[18:21] | That is, if she’ll let me. I’ll just hail a cab. | 就是 如果她允许的话 我直接叫个车回去 |
[18:25] | Be sure to call us from the curb when you get there, | 到了路边别忘了打个电话 |
[18:26] | so we know you’re safe. | 要确认你安全到达啊 |
[18:37] | Hey, you’re probably tired too. | 你应该也累了 |
[18:39] | If you want to go with him, that’s OK. | 如果你也想回去的话 没事的 |
[18:40] | No, that’s all right, Dad. I’ll stay for a little while longer. | 没关系 爸爸 我再多待一会儿 |
[18:50] | Look, I’m sorry I cut you off like that before. | 很抱歉之前打断了你 |
[18:53] | I’ve just never gone in for psychological mumble jumbo. | 我只是对心理学这种莫名其妙的事没兴趣 |
[18:57] | Probably started back on the force | 可能是因为以前做警察的时候 |
[18:59] | when they’d make us go see The Squirrel. | 他们老是逼我们去见”疯子松鼠” |
[19:02] | Who? | 谁 |
[19:03] | Dr. Bergman, the department shrink. | Bergman医生 警局的心理医生 |
[19:05] | We nicknamed him “The Squirrel” | 我们叫他”疯子松鼠” |
[19:07] | cause guys got sent to him when they got squirrelly. | 因为同事们气到发疯的时候 就会被送去他那里 |
[19:09] | He’d show you a bunch of ink-blots and ask about your toilet habits… | 他会给你看墨水画 问你上厕所的习惯 |
[19:13] | If I wanted to talk about toilet habits, | 如果我想和别人探讨如厕习惯 |
[19:15] | I would stayed partners with Nate Dombrowski. | 那我还不如找Nate Dombrowski搭档呢 |
[19:17] | – We nicknamed him the Big… – Thank you. | – 我们叫他大 – 谢谢你 |
[19:27] | Look, it wasn’t just Eddie I was mad about. | 听着 我生气不单是因为Eddie |
[19:30] | Eddie was the straw that broke the camel’s back. | Eddie是压倒骆驼的最后一根稻草 |
[19:33] | Seems like I’m always being told to take my feet off the furniture, | 总是有人叫我别把脚放在家具上 |
[19:38] | put a coaster under my beer, turn the TV down. | 啤酒杯下面垫个杯垫 把电视声音关小点 |
[19:44] | I used to make the rules and now I follow them. | 以前规矩都是我来定的 现在却只能循别人的规 |
[19:47] | Does this make any sense to you? | 你明白吗 |
[19:49] | From a psychological standpoint, it makes perfect sense. | 从心理学的角度来说 我当然明白 |
[19:53] | Slowly over the years your responsibilities have been taken away from you | 年纪渐长 你手中的权责被慢慢削弱 |
[19:56] | and you… Well, you feel…symbolically castrated. | 而你 你觉得 某种意义上像被阉割了一样 |
[20:02] | Oh, why does everything with you shrinks | 为什么你们这些心理医生 |
[20:03] | start in the crotch? | 觉得所有事情都跟下三路有关 |
[20:06] | All right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[20:10] | Well, maybe my rules are too rigid. | 或许我的要求太苛刻了 |
[20:13] | Maybe I should try to relax a little. | 或许我应该放松一点 |
[20:15] | No, no. Hey, it’s your house. You do what you want. | 不用 这是你家 你想怎么样都是应该的 |
[20:20] | I don’t know what’s bugging me. | 我也不知道在介怀什么 |
[20:23] | I guess it’s not easy for a guy like me to not be in charge. | 可能我这样的人 如果不掌权 总会有点不适应 |
[20:32] | You know, Dad, | 老爸 |
[20:32] | a lot of people confuse not being in charge with not being respected. | 很多人觉得不掌权就等同于不受尊重 |
[20:37] | I…hope you’re not making that mistake. | 我希望 你不会这样误解 |
[20:42] | Because you command a great deal of respect. | 因为我非常敬重您 |
[20:46] | There’s not a day in my life | 每一天 |
[20:48] | when I don’t hold myself up to the Martin Crane yardstick. | 我都是把你当做学习的标杆在努力着 |
[20:52] | I guess a son always wants to make his father proud. | 作为儿子 总是想着要让自己的父亲骄傲 |
[20:59] | Yeah, I guess. | 是啊 |
[21:02] | So? | 那么 |
[21:06] | Yeah, yeah, you’re doing fine. | 是啊 是啊 你做得还不错 |
[21:09] | Even if you are a big pain in the ass. | 即使你是个大号讨债鬼 |
[21:16] | You know, I don’t know if I could | 我也不知道我忍不忍得下心 |
[21:18] | made Eddie go through with that operation any way, | 带Eddie做那个手术 |
[21:21] | That’s a tough thing for a guy to do to another guy. | 同是男人 这么对他多少有点为难啊 |
[21:25] | Amen to that. | 可不是嘛 |
[21:35] | You know, it’s getting kind late. | 已经很晚了 |
[21:38] | What do you say we go home and get some sleep? | 我们回去睡觉吧 |
[21:42] | Eddie! Hey, hey, come here boy! | Eddie 嘿 嘿 过来 孩子 |
[21:47] | Hey, attaboy! Hey-hey! | 嘿 好孩子 嘿 嘿 |
[21:50] | Good to see you, fella. How are you doing? | 见到你真好 小家伙 你还好吧 |
[21:53] | It might be nice if you welcomed him back. | 你应该欢迎它回来吧 |
[21:56] | Hello, Eddie. Good dog. Oh, wet dog! | 你好 Eddie 好狗狗 湿狗狗 |
[21:58] | Yeah, you’re shivering! Here. We got to get you warmed up. | 是啊 看你抖得 过来 让你暖暖 |
[22:03] | Dad, that’s a 100% cashmere pullover! | 爸爸 那是纯羊绒的套衫 |
[22:06] | It’s meant to be worn with the collar up. | 要把领子立起来穿 |