时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Thank you for your call, Lorraine. | 感谢您的来电 Lorraine |
[00:12] | And now before we break from commercial, | 在广告休息时间之前 |
[00:13] | Roz has an important message. Roz? | Roz有个重要的消息要告诉我们 Roz |
[00:20] | What’s that, Roz? Can’t come to the mic right now? | 怎么了 Roz 现在不能过来吗 |
[00:25] | Well, what she wanted to say was… | 呃 她要说的是 |
[00:29] | Tomorrow, on Amber Edwards’ “Bookchat”, | 明天 在Amber Edwards的”谈书”节目中 |
[00:33] | sociologist Lamont Myman discusses his book, | 社会学家Lamont Myman将会谈论他的作品 |
[00:37] | “Violence in the Workplace – Why Co-Workers Kill”. | “工作场所中的暴力行为-同事相杀的原因” |
[00:43] | Something which becomes more relevant with this depressing moment. | 和此刻的郁闷心情真是契合啊 |
[00:47] | We’ll be right back after these messages. | 广告之后 马上回来 |
[00:50] | Open up, you piece of tin! | 快开啊 你个破铁门 |
[00:54] | – Roz! – What are you doing now here? | -Roz – 你跑出来干嘛 |
[00:56] | One might ask the same question of you. | 我才想问你这个问题 |
[00:58] | Isn’t that custom you wait | 依照惯例 |
[00:59] | till the show comes to a complete stop before exiting? | 你不是应该等节目结束再走的吗 |
[01:02] | – I have a little urge. Damn it! – What is the matter with you? | – 我有点急事 去你丫的 – 你到底怎么了 |
[01:07] | I have got to have chocolate! | 老娘一定要吃到巧克力 |
[01:13] | It’s kind of a celebration. | 算是种庆祝 |
[01:15] | At 11:07 this morning, | 今天上午十一点零七分 |
[01:16] | I finished one of those magazine diets. | 我完成了一个杂志上的节食计划 |
[01:19] | “Seven days to a healthier, calmer you.” | “七天节食 带给你健康与平静” |
[01:24] | Now, Roz. Now, Roz. Come on, come on! Roz! | 够了 Roz 住手 Roz 来 Roz |
[01:26] | Calm! I’m doing this for your own good. | 冷静下来 我是为了你好 |
[01:27] | Wait! Something came out! | 等等 有东西出来了 |
[01:32] | Oh… damn! Chocolate-covered raisins. | 噢 我去 是巧克力葡萄干 |
[01:35] | I’d like to meet the idiot who came up with these. | 哪个白痴发明了这种东西 |
[01:39] | Take a grape, let it shrivel into a disgusting little wart | 把葡萄干压缩成一个恶心的小肉瘤 |
[01:42] | and cover it with perfectly good chocolate. | 却裹上那么美味的巧克力 |
[01:46] | What the hell! I’ll just suck the chocolate off. | 不管了 我就把上面的巧克力舔掉 |
[01:52] | Be sure to save what’s left, maybe you can make some wine! | 记得把葡萄干留下 没准儿够你酿瓶酒的 |
[02:04] | I see those years of finishing school really paid off. | 那么多年的淑女学堂你真是没白上啊 |
[02:10] | Mon frere, we’re in luck. | 这位朋友 我们走运了 |
[02:21] | I’ve just come back from my broker. | 我刚从股票经纪人那边过来 |
[02:23] | Meadow Wood Properties still has one share | 草场木材地产在那笔迷你购物中心交易中 |
[02:25] | left in that mini-mall deal. | 还剩下一个股份 |
[02:26] | I think we should go halfsies and buy it. and buy it. Give me five, bro. | 我们应该一起买下它 来 击个掌 兄弟 |
[02:28] | I’m not giving you anything. Told you I’m not interested. | 我一分钱也不会出 都说我不感兴趣了 |
[02:31] | You can not afford not to be interested. | 你怎么能不感兴趣呢 |
[02:32] | It’s a 12% return. We’ve a chance to make a real killing here. | 有百分之十二的利润回报 我们可以大赚一笔 |
[02:36] | Niles, why is it so important to you? You and Maris are already wallowing | Niles 这事有那么重要吗 你和Maris简直是 |
[02:39] | in money like a couple of yuppie hogs. | 一心钻到钱眼里去了 |
[02:42] | This has nothing to do with Maris. | 这与Maris没关系 |
[02:44] | I am making this investment entirely with my own money. | 这笔投资我完全是用自己的钱 |
[02:46] | – And mine. – And yours. | – 还有我的 – 还有你的 |
[02:49] | Oh, come on, Frasier. Show some understanding. | 得了 Frasier 谅解一下他吧 |
[02:51] | Maris uses her money to emasculate the poor guy. | Maris用她的银子阉割了这个可怜的男人 |
[02:54] | And this is his pathetic attempt to stop feeling like a financial eunuch | 他只是悲哀地尝试着消除作为金融太监的感受 |
[02:59] | and regain some shred of his former manhood-such as it was. | 重拾起过去男子气概的碎片 如往常一样 |
[03:06] | Well? | 考虑如何 |
[03:11] | – 12%? – Net. | – 百分之十二么 – 净利润 |
[03:12] | And if you’re unhappy, at the end of the year I’ll buy you out, | 如果你不满意 年底我会买下你的全部股份 |
[03:15] | and you can go back to that cozy 2% your bank is giving you. | 你继续回去享受安逸的百分之二的银行利息 |
[03:18] | – OK, I’m in. – Oh, thank you, Frasier. | – 好吧 答应你了 – 太感谢你了 Frasier |
[03:23] | And thank you, Roz. That “financial eunuch” bit was inspired. | 也谢谢你 Roz “金融太监”这词很棒 |
[03:25] | Great stuff! Great stuff! | 说得好 说得好 |
[03:27] | Now,well, look what I have to work with. | 那是 也不看看我和谁一起工作 |
[03:37] | Hey, check this baby out! 25 cents | 嘿 看看这宝贝儿 买包Butterbuds的 |
[03:40] | off on a pack of Butterbuds imitation butter. | 人造黄油能便宜二十五分 |
[03:44] | My! I can taste that scampi now! | 天哪 又要吃油炸大虾了吗 |
[03:49] | Well? | 如何 |
[03:55] | Woo… Daphne, very nice! | 哇 Daphne 不错嘛 |
[03:59] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | – 谢谢 – 谢谢你才是 |
[04:02] | I’d be more flattered if I didn’t know how hard up you both are. | 如果不知道你们是俩穷鬼我会感觉更受宠若惊的 |
[04:11] | I’m going out with Derek again tonight, | 今晚我又要和Derek出去 |
[04:14] | but I’m having trouble choosing a fragrance. | 但是我不知道该用哪种香水 |
[04:16] | I’ve got it pinned down to these two. | 范围已经缩小到这两种了 |
[04:18] | Heather? “Fresh and bouncy as a spring morning”. | 石楠花香水 “如春日清晨般清新快活” |
[04:22] | Or Forbidden: “Your passport to erotic realms of pleasure”. | 还有”禁忌”香水 “纵情寻欢之地的通行证” |
[04:28] | – How many times have you been out with this guy? – This is our third date. | – 你和这家伙出去过几次了 – 这是我们第三次约会 |
[04:32] | – Forbidden. – Forbidden. | – “禁忌” – “禁忌” |
[04:36] | Why is it so important if it’s our third date? | 为什么第三次约会这么重要 |
[04:38] | Well, Daphne, sexual mores being what they are in America, | Daphne 鉴于在美国的性习俗 |
[04:42] | the third date is usually the place where two healthy adults | 第三次约会通常是两个正常的成年人 |
[04:46] | decide whether or not to… | 决定是否 |
[04:51] | …take it to the next level. | 进行到下一阶段的时候 |
[04:53] | Excuse me! What kind of randy custom is that? | 真不好意思 这算哪门子粗俗的习俗 |
[04:57] | First date, second date, whoops! Let’s pitch our knickers! | 第一次约会 第二次约会 好了 脱吧 |
[05:02] | The third date might be knot to you Americans, | 你们美国人可能有第三次约会的情结 |
[05:05] | but it takes more than | 但要把Daphne Moon拐上床 |
[05:05] | three dinners to get bangers and mash with Daphne Moon. | 可不是三顿晚餐就能办到的 |
[05:15] | – Hello, Dr Crane. – Hello, Daphne. | – 你好 Crane医生 – 好啊 Daphne |
[05:18] | – You look even lovelier than usual this evening. – Thank you. | – 今晚你看起来尤为动人 – 谢谢 |
[05:25] | Is that… Forbidden? | 这是 “禁忌”吗 |
[05:28] | In every sense of the word. | 任何方面你都完全说对了 |
[05:33] | I think I’ll just scrub my neck with unscented soap. | 我想我还是用无香型肥皂好好刷刷脖子吧 |
[05:36] | If you ask me, you Americans have an unhealthy obsession with sex. | 要我说 你们美国人对性爱都有病态的迷恋 |
[05:40] | I’m sorry we can’t all be | 真是抱歉我们不能像 |
[05:41] | as chaste and restrained as the Royal family! | 皇室家庭那样克制禁欲 |
[05:46] | – Good one, Dad! – I’ve been saving it! | – 说得好 老爸 – 我一直憋着这句呢 |
[05:54] | Frasier, I come bearing good news. | Frasier 告诉你个好消息 |
[05:56] | I just spoke to my broker. | 我刚和我的股票经纪人谈过 |
[05:57] | Meadow Wood Properties has already leased | 草场木材地产已经租出了 |
[05:59] | 85% the space in the proposed mini-mall. | 要建的迷你购物中心百分之八十五的空间 |
[06:02] | Instead of 12%, they’re projecting a 15% return on our money. | 而且他们打算把收益回报增加到百分之十五 |
[06:06] | This is fantastic! | 太好了 |
[06:07] | I’d say we go celebrate with a nice dinner at an exclusive boite. | 我们应该找一家高级酒店庆祝一番 |
[06:10] | Yes, but the question remains, what boite? | 是啊 问题是 去哪一家 |
[06:15] | – Charise? – Too noisy. | – 舍瑞斯 – 太吵了 |
[06:16] | – Alsace? – Too bright. | – 阿尔萨斯 – 太亮了 |
[06:18] | – Papillon? – Too crowded. | – 巴比隆 – 太挤了 |
[06:20] | We’ve run out of boite. | 这的酒店我们都去遍了 |
[06:23] | A city this size and only three boite. | 如此大的城市却只有三家酒店 |
[06:27] | How do we live? | 日子没法过了 |
[06:30] | I’m going down to Duke’s. What you guys doing? | 我要去杜克酒吧了 你们在干嘛 |
[06:33] | We are trying find some place to eat. | 我们想找个吃饭的地儿 |
[06:35] | Well, why don’t you two swing by and have a beer with me? | 你俩干嘛不过来一起和我喝一杯 |
[06:40] | – At Duke’s? – Yeah. | – 在杜克酒吧 – 是啊 |
[06:43] | – Us? – Yeah. | – 我们 – 是啊 |
[06:45] | – With you? – What am I speaking, Swahili? Yeah! | – 和你 – 听不懂美国话吗 是啊 |
[06:49] | You two, at Duke’s, with me, a beer, | 你们两个 在杜克酒吧 和我 喝一杯 |
[06:52] | if you want! Gee! | 如果你们愿意的话 受不了 |
[07:03] | Good God, do you believe that? | 我的天哪 你能相信吗 |
[07:05] | No. No one in the family has ever been invited to Duke’s. | 不能 这家里从未有人被邀请到去杜克酒吧 |
[07:09] | Not even Mother. | 包括老妈 |
[07:11] | Though at times she could be quite the old rummy. | 尽管有时她也算是个老酒鬼 |
[07:17] | I wonder why now, after 30 years, is he suddenly inviting us down there? | 那么为什么在三十年之后 他会突然邀我们过去 |
[07:22] | – Cheerio! – Daphne! | – 再见了 – Daphne |
[07:23] | Daphne Daphne, | |
[07:24] | has Dad said anything to you about us and Duke’s? | 老爸跟你提到过任何我们和杜克酒吧的事吗 |
[07:28] | – Has he been planning this? – You mean, behind your backs? | – 他一直在计划这事吗 – 你是说 背着你们俩 |
[07:33] | – Precisely. – No! God! What a couple of wallies! | – 没错 – 没有 天哪 真是一对奇葩 |
[07:37] | I mean, I have never met a family | 我从没见过一个家庭 |
[07:40] | that work so hard being uncomfortable with each other. | 这么努力地在彼此相处中找不痛快 |
[07:44] | Could it be that he just wants to lift a pint with his sons? | 人家就不能单纯地想和两个儿子一起喝一杯吗 |
[07:47] | No. Duke’s is where Dad hangs out with his cop buddies. | 不可能 杜克酒吧是他和那些老同事玩的地方 |
[07:50] | where goes to escape the stresses | 是他逃离家庭琐事 |
[07:52] | and strains of petties and annoyances of everyday life. | 及种种烦恼压力的避难所 |
[07:54] | In other words, us. | 也就是逃离我们 |
[07:58] | Well, I suppose you could sit around here analysing why he invited you. | 那你们就坐在那分析为什么他会邀请你们 |
[08:02] | and fritter the night away, or – here’s a thought – | 浪费掉整个晚上 或者 还有个选择 |
[08:06] | you could just go down there and find out for yourselves. | 你们可以自己去搞清楚这事 |
[08:11] | You know, for a lay person, she has a way of cutting right through the crap. | 其实 她倒是旁观者清啊 |
[08:34] | Oh, my God! It’s a roomful of Dads! | 我的天哪 满屋子的老爸 |
[08:38] | – Oh, look, there he is, there he is! – Oh, look at him… just holding court. | – 噢 看 他在那儿 – 噢 看看他被众星捧月的样子 |
[08:43] | No wonder he likes it down here so much. | 难怪他这么喜欢这里 |
[08:45] | They’re all hanging on his every word. | 他们都翘首期盼他的每一句话 |
[08:49] | Oh, there’s the most fun I have ever seen in him | 我从没见过在他 |
[08:51] | without a remote control in his hand. | 在没拿着遥控器的情况下这么高兴 |
[08:53] | Hey! Frasier, Niles! I’m glad you could make it. | 嘿 Frasier Niles 真高兴你俩来了 |
[08:57] | Come on in. | 快进来 |
[08:57] | I want you to meet some of the guys I was on the force with. | 我想让你们见见几个曾经和我在一个部队里的家伙 |
[09:00] | Hey, guys! These are my boys. This is Frasier. He’s on the radio. | 嘿 大伙们 我的孩子们 这是Fasier 他在电台工作 |
[09:03] | This is Marty’s kid, the guy on the radio! | 这是Marty的儿子 在电台工作 |
[09:09] | Hey, Frasier, Joe Herman, nice to meet you. | 嘿 Frasier 我是Joe Herman 真高兴看到你 |
[09:12] | Hey, check this out: | 嘿 听着这个 |
[09:14] | “I’m listening.” | “您请说” |
[09:18] | It’s like a recording of myself. | 就像我自己的录音回放 |
[09:22] | – Dad… dad, dad. – What? | – 老爸 老爸 老爸 – 干嘛 |
[09:25] | Oh, this is my other son, Niles. | 喔 这是我另一个儿子 Niles |
[09:28] | He’s a psychiatrist, too. | 他也是个心理学家 |
[09:34] | – He married money! – All right! | – 娶了个有钱人 – 好样的 |
[09:38] | Oh, Duke, Duke, come on! I want you to meet my boys. | Duke Duke 快来 我想让你见见我的儿子们 |
[09:43] | This is Frasier and this is Niles. | 这位是Frasier 这位是Niles |
[09:46] | Hey, how are you? Hey, how about a couple of Duke’s specials for you guys? | 嘿 你们好吗 来两杯杜克特调酒如何 |
[09:51] | – What would those be? – Boilermakers. | – 名字是 – 锅炉制造工 |
[09:53] | Shot of whisky. Beer back. | 一小杯威士忌 加啤酒 |
[09:56] | Oh, darn! We’ve been drinking those all night. | 噢 要命 总是喝那些 |
[09:57] | Maybe it’s time to switch to sherry. | 要不换成雪莉酒吧 |
[10:04] | Two boilermakers, please. | 请来两杯锅炉工 谢谢 |
[10:06] | It’s great finally meeting you guys. | 终于见到真人了 |
[10:07] | Marty’s been telling us about you since you were kids. | 你们还很小的时候 Marty就不停和我们说起 |
[10:10] | – Oh… Dad! – I’ll tell you, Frasier, | – 喔 老爸 – 告诉你吧 Frasier |
[10:13] | we all felt terrible when we heard your wife | 听说你老婆背着你在外边鬼混的时候 |
[10:14] | was screwing around behind your back. | 我们都替你难过 |
[10:17] | – What was her name again? – Lilith! | – 她叫啥名字来着 – Lilith |
[10:25] | Hey, it was a slow night, all right? | 嘿 那是个漫漫长夜 好不 |
[10:28] | All right, all right, everybody, settle down. I want to make a toast. | 好了 好了 各位 安静一下 我想敬杯酒 |
[10:35] | For 30 years, Duke’s has been my own away from home. | 三十年来 杜克酒吧就像我第二个家 |
[10:38] | I look around and I see a lot of friends. | 环顾四周 满座好友 |
[10:42] | I wanna say I’m gonna to miss you. I’m gonna miss this joint, too. | 我会想念你们的 也会想念这个场所 |
[10:46] | And may there be a special place in hell | 让那些为了造什么该死的迷你购物中心 |
[10:48] | for those SOBs who are tearing it down to build some damn mini-mall! | 而要拆掉这里的混蛋们全都下地狱去吧 |
[10:55] | Those snivelling, rat-faced bastards from Meadow Wood Properties! | 草场木材地产那些虚伪阴险的混蛋们 |
[11:00] | – To Duke’s! – To Duke’s! | – 敬杜克 – 敬杜克 |
[11:02] | Two more! | 再来两杯 |
[11:08] | – Did you talk to your lawyer? – Yes. He’s examined the contract. | – 和你的律师谈过了吗 – 是的 他审查了合同 |
[11:11] | Checks are cleared. | 挑不出错误 |
[11:12] | I even spoke with the general partner, | 我甚至找总合伙人谈过了 |
[11:13] | he said there was no way they are willing to even consider moving the site. | 他说这事根本没可能 |
[11:17] | The deal’s going through. | 一切已成定局 |
[11:19] | Maybe we could have Duke’s | 也许我们可以让杜克酒吧 |
[11:21] | declared a historical landmark. | 做个历史性标志建筑的声明 |
[11:22] | They’ve been there for forty years. | 它在那开了四十年了 |
[11:23] | I doubt it, Niles. They already tore down Seattle’s | 我觉得行不通 Niles 他们已经拆掉了西雅图 |
[11:26] | first Pony Express office to build this place. | 第一家驿马快信办公楼来建这地方 |
[11:28] | – Damn! – Here you go, guys. | – 我去 – 咖啡来啦 同志们 |
[11:31] | One cappuccino, one latte and… hey, these are on me. | 一杯卡布奇诺 一杯拿铁 嘿 今天本小姐请客 |
[11:36] | This guilt is driving me crazy. | 这愧疚感简直要把我逼疯了 |
[11:38] | It should. You make about ten times more than I did. | 应该的 你赚得比我多十倍不止 |
[11:44] | Duke’s was his whole life. | 杜克酒吧包含了他的整个人生啊 |
[11:46] | Well, Niles. There’s nothing we can do about it, really. | Niles 我们也无能为力 真的 |
[11:49] | Look at it this way: we’re actually doing Dad a service, | 这么看吧 其实我们是在帮老爸 |
[11:53] | stopping him from going out drinking. And the other policemen as well. | 免得他出去喝酒 还有其他警察 |
[11:56] | Maybe we are even performing a community service. | 也许我们这算是一项社区服务 |
[11:59] | Men with guns will have one less place to go and liquor up. | 携枪者们少了一个狂饮的地方 |
[12:04] | There’s always Roz’s place. | Roz还在啊 |
[12:10] | What do you say about me when I’m not around? | 我不在的时候你们都怎么说我了 |
[12:13] | I think the only way I’m going to feel better | 我想让我感觉好过点的唯一方式 |
[12:15] | is that I just bite the bullet and tell Dad. | 是忍痛告诉老爸实情 |
[12:17] | Oh, no. | 噢 不行 |
[12:18] | The way I see it. Your situation is like a woman in that | 我看啊 你们这就像是一个女人 |
[12:22] | one crazy night and cheats on her boyfriend. | 在某个疯狂的夜晚背叛了她男朋友 |
[12:24] | And the only reason for this woman to confess is to make herself feel better. | 而这个女人去坦白只是想让自己好过点 |
[12:29] | So the best thing she can do is just keep her mouth shut. | 所以她最好还是闭口不谈 |
[12:33] | Unless, of course, her boyfriend walks in on her and the other guy, | 当然 除非她的男朋友进门撞见她和劈腿对象 |
[12:36] | because he decides to come home from Poland on that midnight flight | 因为他决定搭乘午夜航班从波兰回家 |
[12:39] | instead of driving back like he said he would, | 而不是像之前说的那样开车回来 |
[12:41] | so in that case, he’s the liar, | 那样的话 他才是说谎的那个 |
[12:42] | and why should she feel bad? | 她为什么要感到难受呢 |
[12:46] | Thank you, Roz, for that purely theoretical example. | Roz 感谢你这番纯粹的假想例子 |
[12:51] | Frankly, I have to agree with you. | 说实话 我同意你的看法 |
[12:53] | Niles, if we tell him now, | Niles 如果我们现在告诉他 |
[12:55] | it’ll only hurt him. We’ve got to keep this quiet. | 只会对他造成伤害 我们必须保守这个秘密 |
[12:58] | – All right, I just don’t think it can be done. – Of course it can be done! | – 好吧 我只是不觉得这样行得通 – 当然行得通 |
[13:03] | You mean to say, you can look Dad in the eye, day after day, | 你是说 你可以直视老爸的双眼 日复一日 |
[13:05] | knowing you have destroyed his sanctuary, and not tell him? | 明知是你毁了他的避难所 却不告诉他 |
[13:09] | You can live with that? | 你能忍受这些吗 |
[13:10] | Niles, you’re forgetting. I married Lilith. I can live with anything. | Niles 你忘了 我娶过Lilith 什么事我都能忍 |
[13:50] | You buy into an investment group, Eddie. You don’t know. | 你买入了一家投资集团 Eddie 可你不知道啊 |
[13:59] | Hi, Dad, what are you doing up? | 嗨 老爸 你怎么起来了 |
[14:01] | I reached over my sleep and Eddie wasn’t there. | 我睡觉时伸手发现Eddie不在旁边 |
[14:04] | You need a woman, Dad. | 你需要个女人了 老爸 |
[14:08] | Tell me about it. | 还用你说 |
[14:10] | Oh, you turned the sign on. | 噢 你把标牌打开了 |
[14:13] | That was nice of Duke to give it to me. | Duke真是好人啊 把它给了我 |
[14:16] | You hold a glass of beer in front of it, it turns green. | 拿杯啤酒站在前面 它还会变绿噢 |
[14:36] | Dad… | 老爸 |
[14:39] | Niles and I invested in the company that’s tearing down Duke’s. | Niles和我在拆掉杜克酒吧的那家公司做了投资 |
[14:46] | We didn’t know. When we found out, | 我们事先毫不知情 知道以后 |
[14:47] | we tried to get out of it, but we couldn’t. | 我们想阻止 但是已经无能为力了 |
[14:50] | Oh, Jesus! Yell at me, Dad, will you, please. Just hit me or something. | 天哪 骂我吧 老爸 求你了 要不打我也行 |
[14:54] | Hit me with your cane. | 用你的拐杖打我 |
[14:55] | Just don’t stand there. | 别干站在那儿啊 |
[15:05] | Let me see if I’ve got this right. | 我理一理 你看我说的对不对 |
[15:08] | In the last year, you give my chair away, you lose my dog | 去年 你把我的座椅送走了 把我的狗弄丢了 |
[15:13] | and now you demolish my bar. | 现在你又要毁了我的酒吧 |
[15:15] | What’s next? | 接下来是什么 |
[15:16] | I’m gonna find out you’re the one who shot me in the hip! | 我会查出原来你就是那个让我髋部中枪的元凶吗 |
[15:21] | – I have an alibi for that one. – You have an alibi for everything. | – 那个我可有不在场证明 – 你对什么都有托词 |
[15:24] | Oh, dad, dad, I didn’t do it on purpose. | 噢 老爸 我不是故意的 |
[15:26] | I’m part of a huge investment group. | 我只是巨大的投资集团中渺小的一份子 |
[15:29] | I don’t get it. You guys stood there, and you watched me and my | 我不明白了 你俩就站在那儿 看着我和朋友们们 |
[15:32] | friends get all weepy and you didn’t say anything. | 变得泪眼汪汪却只字不提 |
[15:35] | What did you want us to say? “Hey, fellas, here’s something ironic…” | 你想让我们说什么 “嘿 伙计们 有件事儿挺讽刺” |
[15:40] | Why not the hell you at least tell me? | 至少告诉我啊 |
[15:44] | I don’t know, I… | 我不知道 我 |
[15:47] | I guess… | 我想 |
[15:48] | I guess maybe it was because, when you invited me down to Duke’s, | 也许是因为 当你邀请我去杜克酒吧时 |
[15:53] | it felt like we were finally getting closer. | 我觉得我们终于变得亲近了 |
[15:56] | It was a momentous step. | 迈出了具有重大意义的一步 |
[15:58] | – It was a beer! – Not to me. | – 不过是杯啤酒罢了 – 对我来说不是 |
[16:01] | It was validation. | 那是对我的一种认可 |
[16:04] | Finally, I was one of the guys you wanted to hang out with. | 我终于成为能和你一起出去玩的人了 |
[16:10] | I didn’t want to spoil that. | 我不想毁了它 |
[16:12] | I would’ve had you down there before | 我应该在之前就让你过去的 |
[16:15] | but I just figured it was | 但是我觉得那只是一个 |
[16:16] | the kinda place you should look down your nose at. | 你会不屑一顾的地方 |
[16:20] | Well, you’re probably right. | 呃 你可能说对了 |
[16:24] | Anyway, I’m sorry. | 不管怎么说 我很抱歉 |
[16:31] | Oh, maybe I spent too much time at Duke’s anyway. | 也许也是我在杜克酒吧浪费了太多时间 |
[16:35] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[16:36] | I know when you kids are growing up, if I’d spent less time at Duke’s | 你们小的时候 要是我少花点时间在杜克酒吧 |
[16:40] | and more time with you, I wouldn’t be sittin’ across from a son | 多陪陪你们 也不至于让我儿子 |
[16:44] | who puts so much stock in one beer. | 把一杯啤酒看得那么重 |
[16:48] | You know, actually I was having a pretty good time down there at Duke’s. | 你知道吗 其实我在杜克酒吧过得挺愉快的 |
[16:52] | Till I found out I was one responsible | 直到我发现了我是把它从世界上 |
[16:54] | for wiping it off the face of the planet. | 除掉的责任人之一 |
[16:57] | I liked having you there, too, son. | 我也很开心你在那边 儿子 |
[17:02] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢 老爸 |
[17:07] | Do you mind? It’s driving me crazy. It looks like hell. | 你介意么 它快让我抓狂了 看上去一团糟 |
[17:18] | Hey, you know what? We got a couple of hours | 嘿 知道吗 在酒吧被拆掉之前 |
[17:20] | before the wrecking ball comes. | 我们还有个把小时 |
[17:22] | How about you and I go down there and have one more beer? | 你和我去那边再喝一杯怎么样 |
[17:25] | To Duke’s? | 去杜克酒吧 |
[17:26] | – Yeah. – Now? | – 是啊 – 现在 |
[17:28] | – Yeah. – You and me? | – 没错 – 我和你 |
[17:29] | – Not this again! – Yeah, yeah. All right, great. | – 别再搞这套了 – 好吧 好吧 太棒了 |
[17:34] | Just you, me and Charlie Ballantine. | 只有你 我 和Chalie Ballantine啤酒 |
[17:38] | Meet you right back here in a minute. | 在这儿等我一分钟 |
[17:42] | Oh, good evening, Daphne. Or should I say good morning? | 噢 晚上好啊 Daphne 或者我应该说早上好 |
[17:47] | How was your date with Derek? | 你和Derek的约会如何 |
[17:50] | We had a wonderful time. | 我们度过了很愉快的时光 |
[17:52] | First we went to dinner, then to the symphony, | 先去吃了晚餐 然后听了场交响乐 |
[17:55] | then we took a lovely moonlight stroll through the park. | 再之后在公园里一起美妙地月光下漫步 |
[18:01] | He’s the perfect gentleman, this Dereck. | 这个Dereck 是个完美的绅士 |
[18:18] | Apparently in England, it’s the fourth date. | 很显然在英国 这已经是第四次约会了 |
[18:25] | *I’ll be here* | *我会在这* |
[18:29] | *In sunshine or in shadow* | *不论阳光下 或是阴影中* |
[18:36] | *Oh, Danny Boy, oh, Danny Boy* | *噢 丹尼男孩 噢 丹尼男孩* |
[18:42] | *I love you so, oh….* | *我是多么爱你 噢* |
[18:51] | That’s good. That reminds me of old Micky Dougan. | 真是不错 让我想起了老Micky Dougan |
[18:57] | One 4th July, we were on mounted patrol | 忘记哪年的七月四号 我们在布罗德大街的 |
[19:00] | in a big parade down Broad Street. | 大阅兵游行时骑马巡逻 |
[19:03] | It was a real scorcher that day. Must has been 100 degrees. | 那真是个大热天 得有快四十度了吧 |
[19:06] | I’m sitting on the top of a thousand pounds of hot, sweaty horse. | 我坐在一只上千磅的热烘烘 大汗淋漓的马背上 |
[19:11] | I must have been complaining because, | 我当时一定一直在抱怨 |
[19:12] | as we ride by Duke’s, | 因为当我们骑过杜克酒吧的时候 |
[19:14] | Micky ? says, “If you want a damn beer so bad, | Micky说 如果你那么想喝啤酒 |
[19:16] | shut up and get one!” | 闭上臭嘴去买一杯就是了 |
[19:18] | So I ride ? right through the front door, | 所以我直接骑着马经过前门 |
[19:21] | right up to the bar and order myself a beer. | 径直向吧台点了杯啤酒 |
[19:24] | Duke plays it cool looks as a cucumber and says, “What’ll your friend have?” | Duke却异常冷静地说 你朋友要喝什么 |
[19:28] | I say, “Nothing, he’s driving.” | 我说 不要 他还骑马呢 |
[19:33] | – I’ve told you that one before, haven’t I? – Yeah. | – 跟你说过这事儿 是不是 – 是啊 |
[19:38] | Oh, what a place! | 噢 多好一地儿啊 |
[19:41] | – Another beer, Dad? – Sure, why not? | – 再来一听啤酒吗 老爸 – 当然了 |
[19:47] | Sun’s up. | 太阳出来了 |
[19:52] | I look around this place in the golden early morning light… | 在金色晨光的映衬下看看这里 |
[19:57] | It’s still a dump. I’m gonna miss it, though. | 它依然像个垃圾场 不过我肯定会想念它 |
[20:02] | Yeah, I know what it is to have a neighbourhood bar. | 是啊 我知道有一间邻家酒吧是什么感觉 |
[20:07] | I remember the last time | 我记得最后一次我走出 |
[20:08] | I walked out of my old watering hole back in Boston. | 在波士顿时那家老酒吧 |
[20:13] | It was a strangely emotional day. | 那是异常感伤的一天 |
[20:18] | It’s the people, I guess. | 我想是人的原因 |
[20:21] | Saying goodbye to a lot of people. | 要向很多人道别 |
[20:24] | You know, dad, just because you are saying goodbye to this place | 你要知道 老爸 只是因为你要与这个地方告别 |
[20:27] | doesn’t mean you can’t | 并不意味着你不能 |
[20:28] | see your buddies just as much as you always did. | 像以往那样常常见到你的老伙伴们了 |
[20:32] | Yeah, it does. | 不 真的不能了 |
[20:36] | Yeah, you’re right. | 是啊 你说得对 |
[20:45] | But that’s life. You move on. | 但生活不就是如此 你只能往前看 |
[20:48] | Only a fool tries to fight it. | 只有傻子才会做无力的抗争 |
[20:54] | What are you doing here? | 你来这儿干嘛 |
[20:55] | I’m here to stop the demolition. What are you doing here? | 阻止拆除 你们又在这儿干嘛 |
[20:58] | – In here to say goodbye. – You may not have to. | – 与这里道别 – 可能没这个必要了 |
[21:00] | I’ve alerted my laywers, | 我已经警告过我的律师了 |
[21:02] | I intend to stand here and face down the bulldozers, | 我准备伫立在这儿勇敢地将推土机打败 |
[21:04] | I’m prepared to take this thing to the highest court in the land. | 将这事追究到本地的最高法院 |
[21:07] | Niles, you don’t have to do that. | Niles 你不必这么做了 |
[21:08] | I’ve had this discussion with dad, and he forgives us. | 我已经和老爸商讨过了 他原谅我们了 |
[21:10] | Sure, Son. Don’t worry about it. It’s OK. | 当然了 儿子 不用担心了 没关系的 |
[21:12] | Is it really okay? I think not! | 真的没关系吗 我可不这么认为 |
[21:16] | Because today it’s Duke’s, but tomorrow it’s Mo’s | 今天是杜克酒吧 明天就会是默酒吧 |
[21:20] | and the day after that, it’s Ernie’s Taproom. | 再之后被拆的就是厄尼酒吧 |
[21:23] | See, I’m not just here for you, Dad. | 看 老爸 我不止是为你而来 |
[21:26] | I’m doing this for every | 我这么做是为了每一个 |
[21:28] | little guy out there who found some solace in the end of a hard day | 在度过了辛苦的一天后通过在邻家酒吧痛饮一杯 |
[21:31] | by bellying up at his neigborhood bar. | 而得到些许慰藉的家伙 |
[21:34] | I’m here to show faceless, corporate America | 我来是要告诉不要脸的美国股份公司 |
[21:37] | they can’t just walk in here without so much of how did they do | 他们不能大摇大摆地走进这里 |
[21:39] | and shove the little guy aside. | 将这些顾客赶走 |
[21:41] | Even when I’m that faceless, corporate America. | 即使我也属于那个不要脸的美国股份公司 |
[21:44] | I’m here to fight the good fight, | 我是来为了信仰和原则而斗争 |
[21:46] | to show those snivelling, rat-faced heathens | 是来告诉那些虚伪阴险的混蛋们 |
[21:49] | there’s still some fury pounding in the heart of John Q Public. | 底层公民的内心深处依然充斥着战斗的怒火 |
[22:05] | On the other hand, who am l to stand in the way of progress? | 不过 我又算哪颗葱挡在前进的道路上 |