时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Hi, we’re back. Roz tells me that we have Chester on the line. | 欢迎回来 Roz帮我们接通了Chester |
[00:13] | – Hello, Chester. How can I help you? – I don’t know. | – 你好 Chester 有什么能帮你的 – 我不知道 |
[00:16] | I’ve had a lot of fights with my wife lately. | 我最近经常跟我老婆吵架 |
[00:19] | She feels I’m just wasting my life, standing still. | 她觉得我就是在浪费生命 静止不前 |
[00:22] | – Spinning your wheels? – Huh? I don’t follow. | – 原地踏步 – 啊 什么意思 |
[00:29] | Chester, I am afraid that this problem might be just a little too complex | Chester 恐怕你这个问题稍有点复杂 |
[00:32] | for the few seconds we have remaining. | 我们节目不够详谈了 |
[00:34] | Uh, why don’t you try to call us back tomorrow, | 你可以明天再拨打我们的热线 |
[00:35] | and I’ll make sure that you get on first thing. | 我们将首先接通你 |
[00:37] | – Gee. It’s awful tough to get through. – Well, I’ll tell you what. | – 可是你们的热线很难拨通 – 那这样吧 |
[00:40] | Hang tight, | 你先别挂 |
[00:41] | and when I get off the air, I’ll pick up and try to help you then. | 等我播完节目后再接通你的电话看看能不能帮到你 |
[00:44] | Take your time. | 好的 不着急 |
[00:48] | OK, everybody. I’ve got to scoot. | 各位听众 我得加快语速了 |
[00:49] | Bulldog’s up next after the news with the Gonzo Sports Show. | 接下来请您收听由Bulldog为您带来的怪诞体育秀 |
[00:52] | Today’s topic, “What’s wrong with our Seattle Mariners?” | 今天的话题是 西雅图水手队怎么了 |
[00:56] | lf you haven’t had a chance to voice your opinion | 如果你在过去的18年里 |
[00:58] | on that in the last 18 years, you’ll want to today! | 一直没有对此发表过意见的话 你的机会来了 |
[01:02] | So long, all. | 各位听众 再见 |
[01:06] | – Well, Roz. That was a pretty good show. – Mm-hmm. | – Roz 今天节目很好 – 嗯哼 |
[01:10] | Oh, what are you reading so intently? | 这么入迷看什么呢 |
[01:12] | Oh, it’s uh, “Seattle” magazine, it’s their “up-and-comers” issue. | 哦 是<西雅图>杂志 “新精英”特刊 |
[01:15] | The hottest hundred men and women in town. | 西雅图最热一百人 |
[01:17] | – Oh, let me see! – Don’t you wanna finish up with Chester? | – 让我看看 – 你不是应该去接Chester的电话么 |
[01:19] | Oh, you heard him, he can wait. | 你也听他说了 不着急 |
[01:23] | – If you are looking for yourself, you’re not in there. – Oh. | – 要是你在找你自己的话 没上榜 – 哦 |
[01:28] | – And your brother Niles isn’t in there, either. – Cool! | – 你弟弟Niles也没在里面 – 太好了 |
[01:33] | Oh, my! Who is this fresh angel? | 我的天 这个新面孔是谁啊 |
[01:36] | Madeline Marshall, No 47. | Madeline Marshall 第47位 |
[01:39] | Ooh, manufactures her own line of sportswear! | 看 还有自己的体育用品生产线 |
[01:41] | God, she’s a stunning woman! | 真漂亮 |
[01:44] | “Single, patron of the arts, MBA at Stanford.” | 单身 艺术投资人 斯坦福MBA |
[01:48] | Well, if you have to go to school on the West Coast… | 西海岸也就这个学校能上上了 |
[01:54] | Oh, oh, oh, and what she looks for most in a man: | 她最看重的男性品质 |
[01:58] | “Someone who knows how to…listen.” | “善于倾听” |
[02:03] | Roz, I’m in love! | Roz 我爱上她了 |
[02:06] | – Well, why don’t you call her up and ask her out? – Oh, yeah, right! | – 约她出去啊 – 开玩笑 |
[02:09] | Well, I’m serious, Frasier. What have you got to lose? | 我认真的 Frasier 你怕什么 |
[02:12] | I couldn’t just call her out of blue. | 我怎么可以无缘无故给她打电话呢 |
[02:13] | She doesn’t even know who I am. | 我都不知道我是谁 |
[02:15] | You’re on the radio. A lot of people know who you are. | 你有电台节目 很多人都认识你的 |
[02:16] | Yes, well then why am I not in this magazine? | 那我为什么没上这个杂志 |
[02:18] | Because those are important people. | 因为上面都是权贵名流 |
[02:21] | – I’m going to call her office. – Oh, no, no! | – 我来给她办公室打电话 – 不要 |
[02:23] | – Hey, Doc! – Bulldog. | – 嘿 医生 – Bulldog |
[02:26] | Just got back from the gym. | 刚从健身房回来 |
[02:27] | Did an hour on the Stairmaster. What do you think? | 做了一个小时的阶梯机 怎么样 |
[02:30] | Like a couple of little, cherry tomatoes, huh? | 像不像一对可口的圣女果 |
[02:34] | Thank you, Bulldog. You’ve just put me off salads for a month. | 谢谢你全家 Bulldog 我一个月不用吃沙拉了 |
[02:38] | God, what have we got here? | 老天 这哪位美女啊 |
[02:40] | Hello, is Madeline Marshall there? | 您好 请问Madeline Marshall在吗 |
[02:42] | Dr. Frasier Crane. | 是Frasier Crane医生 |
[02:44] | Wai… wait a minute, this Madeline Marshall, you know her? | 等等 这个Madeline Marshall 你认识她 |
[02:47] | Well, no, no. I found her attractive | 不认识 我觉得她非常迷人 |
[02:48] | and Roz insisted on calling her. | Roz擅作主张要给她打电话 |
[02:50] | Wow, small wonder. Smart, sophisticated. | 不奇怪 聪明 高雅 |
[02:53] | And I like a woman who doesn’t wear underwear. | 而且我喜欢不穿内衣的女人 |
[02:57] | – She is wearing a business suit. – That was a general comment. | – 她穿的可是商务正装 – 个人喜好而已 |
[03:01] | Hi. Miss Marshall? | 你好 Marshall小姐 |
[03:02] | Could you please hold for Dr Crane? Thank you. | 能麻烦您稍等一下Crane医生吗 谢谢 |
[03:08] | Oh, all right. Once more unto the breach. | 好的 鼓起勇气再上战场 |
[03:17] | Hello. This is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 你好 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[03:18] | I know we’ve never met, | 我知道我们从未见过面 |
[03:20] | but, you know, from everything I know about you, | 但就我对你的所有了解而言 |
[03:22] | you just seem like the most fascinating person. | 你真是迷人极了 |
[03:24] | I was just wondering, if, well… why not I just come out and say it… | 我在想可不可以 呃 还是直接说吧 |
[03:27] | Would you be so good as to have dinner with me tonight? | 今天能否邀你共进晚餐 |
[03:31] | Oh, well, well, that’s very gracious of you to accept, Chester. | 谢谢你的慷慨接受 Chester |
[03:34] | But I didn’t mean you. | 但我不是跟你说 |
[03:38] | Roz, you could have told me Madeline was on line two! | Roz 你怎么不告诉我Madeline在2号线 |
[03:39] | You could have asked. | 你也没问啊 |
[03:45] | Mr Crane, is the proper term | Crane先生 哪个是正确的表达方式 |
[03:48] | “Serial killer” Or “Serial murderer”? | “连环杀手”还是”连环杀人犯”呢 |
[03:50] | “Serial killer”. Why? | “连环杀手” 怎么啦 |
[03:51] | Oh, just letting my old Mum know what’s going on in Seattle. | 跟我妈妈汇报一下西雅图的近况而已 |
[03:55] | She worries when she doesn’t hear from me. | 她要是听不到我的消息她就会很担心 |
[03:58] | Hey, Niles. How about a nice Havana to go with that wine? | Niles 来一根哈瓦那雪茄配那红酒如何 |
[04:01] | Thank you! | 谢谢 |
[04:04] | Aren’t Cuban cigars illegal? | 古巴雪茄不是违禁品吗 |
[04:05] | Yeah, I got a friend in Customs over at Sea Tac. | 是啊 我有个朋友在西雅图机场海关工作 |
[04:08] | He confiscated them from some high school teacher | 他从一个高中老师那查抄的 |
[04:10] | who claimed he was bringing them into the country for a civics lesson. | 说是带回国用来上公民教育课的 |
[04:13] | I mean, when are people going to learn? | 我就说 什么时候人们才能懂得 |
[04:15] | Rules are only rules when they apply to everyone. | 规定面前人人平等 |
[04:19] | Oh, I love to see a man with a cigar. | 我很爱看抽雪茄的男人 |
[04:22] | It reminds me of my grandfather. | 让我想起我的祖父 |
[04:25] | Morning to night, he used to sit | 整天嘴里叼着 |
[04:26] | with a great big stogie dangling from his lips. | 一根大雪茄坐在那 |
[04:30] | Oh, the hours we kids used to spend sitting on his lap, | 我们一帮小伙伴就一直坐在他腿上 |
[04:33] | playing with the yellow whiskers beneath his nose. | 玩弄他鼻子下面的黄胡须 |
[04:37] | Then, he’d take out his teeth with the cigar still in them | 接着他就会把他还叼着雪茄的假牙拿出来 |
[04:40] | and chase us around the room. | 满屋子追着我们跑 |
[04:42] | We’d all laugh and laugh. | 我们一直笑一直笑 |
[04:46] | Then suddenly grandpa’s mood would change, | 然后我祖父就会突然发脾气 |
[04:48] | and we’d all have to run for our lives. | 我们为保小命赶紧跑开 |
[04:52] | You can’t buy memories like that. | 这些回忆 千金难买啊 |
[04:57] | Damn it! Eddie, I know you took the | 该死的 Eddie 我知道你拿了 |
[04:59] | socks that go with this suit. Now, where are they? | 配这套衣服的袜子 放哪儿了 |
[05:06] | Brown socks with a blue suit? I think not. Try again. | 棕袜子搭蓝西装 不对 再试试 |
[05:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:16] | – And where are you off to? – Dr. Crane has a blind date tonight. | – 你去哪儿 – Crane医生今晚要去相亲 |
[05:20] | – Really? With whom? – Madeline Marshall. | – 真的吗 跟谁相 – Madeline Marshall |
[05:22] | She has her own sportswear concern. | 她有她自己的运动用品生意 |
[05:25] | And according to “Seattle” magazine, | 据<西雅图>杂志报道 |
[05:26] | she is the 47th hottest person in Seattle. | 她是西雅图最热100人的第47位 |
[05:29] | – That article was a sham. – Not in it, huh? | – 那篇文章都是骗人的 – 没排上号是吧 |
[05:32] | Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗 |
[05:34] | Yes, well, I’m off. You know, I have a good feeling about tonight. | 我走了 我觉得今天晚上有桃花呃 |
[05:39] | I have a song in my heart, a little dance in my step | 我心曼歌 脚踏莲花 |
[05:42] | and dog saliva around my ankles. | 犬涎绕足 |
[05:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:59] | This is wonderful! I’ve never even heard of this place. | 太妙了 我从来没听说过这家餐馆 |
[06:02] | Oh, well, my goodness. You’re in for a treat. | 好吧 你今天有口福了 |
[06:05] | “Degas” Is the pinnacle of French country dining. | Degas是顶级法式乡村餐馆 |
[06:08] | It’s just Ettienne Degas, his wife and daughter, | Ettienne Degas和他的老婆女儿 |
[06:10] | and they will treat us as if we were family. | 会让我们觉得宾至如归的 |
[06:13] | Well, you know, I couldn’t help being flattered | 我说 你告诉我听过我的节目时 |
[06:16] | when you told me that you knew my show. | 真让我觉得很荣幸 |
[06:19] | Can I count you one of my devoted listeners? | 你也是我众多死忠粉中的一员吗 |
[06:21] | Well, actually, my secretary listens to it, | 事实上 我的秘书是 |
[06:24] | but I try to catch it as much as I can | 但我每次经过她办公室时都会 |
[06:26] | when I cross back and forth through her office. | 尽量多听些内容 |
[06:30] | Bonsoir, monsieur, madame, and welcome to “Degas”. | 晚安 先生小姐 欢迎来到Degas |
[06:32] | Our special tonight is our fabulous crispy duck. | 我们今晚的特别餐点是美味的香酥鸭 |
[06:37] | Oh, yummy! And to start off | 好吃 我们先要 |
[06:39] | we’ll have a bottle of the Chateauneuf-du-Pape ’89. | 一瓶89年的Chateauneuf-du-Pape |
[06:42] | The only one in that decade to outdo the ’88. That’s the one to get. | 80年代里唯一优于88年的酒 相当不错 |
[06:46] | Ah, excellent choice. | 好眼光 |
[06:50] | You know wine. | 你懂酒 |
[06:51] | Well, I try to make it a point to acquaint myself with the finer things in life. | 我总是试图更多地了解生活中更美妙的东西 |
[06:55] | Oh, well. What would you like to know about me? | 那么 你想了解我哪一点 |
[06:59] | Well, for starters, why is a man as charming as you still out there? | 首先 像你这么有魅力的男人怎么还是单身呢 |
[07:04] | Well, actually, I… | 事实上 |
[07:06] | – I’m recently divorced. – Oh, thank goodness. | – 我最近刚离婚 – 谢天谢地 |
[07:09] | For a second there, I thought you were one of | 我刚还差点以为你是那种 |
[07:11] | those strange single men still living with his parents! | 还跟父母住在一起的奇葩单身男 |
[07:17] | Yeah, yeah. Your heart really has to go out to those sad sacks. | 是啊 对那些奇葩真是无比同情 |
[07:22] | – I’m divorced also. – Oh well, we have so much in common. | – 我也离婚了 – 看来我们有很多共同点 |
[07:26] | – I caught him cheating with my sister. – Fabulous! | – 我把他和我妹妹捉奸在床 – 太妙了 |
[07:31] | The same thing happened to me. | 我也是受过这么一遭 |
[07:32] | Boy, my sister gets around. | 我天哪 我妹还真是交游四方啊 |
[07:36] | It is good to see that you’ve still kept your sense of humour. | 真好 你能这么一笑了之 |
[07:39] | Yeah, but it isn’t easy to get over something like that, is it? | 也是 但这样的事总归很难忘怀 是吧 |
[07:43] | No. | 很难 |
[07:45] | No, it’s not. Those nights when you ask yourself, | 是很难 多少个夜晚我问自己 |
[07:50] | “How could this have happened? Was I insensitive to her needs?” | “怎么会发生这种事 是我太木讷不解风情吗” |
[07:54] | “Was I too devoted to my work?” | “是我太专注于工作了吗” |
[07:56] | “Was I simply not good enough in bed?” | “还是因为我床上技不如人” |
[07:58] | You’ll reach for anything. | 是个原因你就想 |
[08:06] | – What are you telling me? You are pregnant? – Keep your voice down! | – 你说什么 你怀孕了 – 小点儿声 |
[08:09] | I told you, Mama, I told you he would be like this! | 妈 就跟你说了他会这样 |
[08:11] | Who is the father? I want to know! Who is the father? | 孩子父亲是谁 我要知道 是谁 |
[08:15] | I won’t tell you! | 我不会说的 |
[08:16] | Ha, ha, ha! When I find this man, I will kill him! | 哈 等我揪出了这男的 非杀了他不可 |
[08:19] | And snap his neck like a stale baguette! | 把他脖子当烂法棍一样捏碎 |
[08:24] | – Monsieur and Madame, your wine. – Yes, that’s the one. | – 先生 小姐 您的酒 – 对 就是这个 |
[08:27] | Bon, bon, bon, I will just go and open it. | 好的 我去开酒 |
[08:29] | – Ah, this will be a night to remember, non? – Oh, yes. | – 这将是个难忘的晚上 是吧 – 是的 非常难忘 |
[08:34] | – Are you going to tell me? – No, no! | – 你说不说 – 不 不说 |
[08:36] | You know that there’s a clam house up the road | 要不要换到这条路的蛤蜊餐厅去 |
[08:38] | that has a late seating. | 那里设有迟到座位 |
[08:39] | Oh, no, I think we’re getting | 不用了 我觉得我们 |
[08:41] | the most bang for our entertainment buck right here. | 在这里娱乐费会花得物有所值 |
[08:45] | Oh, thirty-five years of marriage, what did I ever see in you? | 哦 结婚35年 我到底看上你什么了 |
[08:48] | Ah, you don’t think I’m sick of you? You and your cuttlefish bisque! | 你觉得我没受够你吗 还有你的墨鱼汤 |
[08:53] | I spit in your cuttlefish bisque! | 我往里面吐满了口水 |
[08:57] | Voila, monsieur, madame. It’s a delicacy from our little village in France. | 先生 小姐 这是我们法国乡野有名的一道美味 |
[09:01] | Cuttlefish bisque. | 墨鱼汤 |
[09:07] | What are the odds? I had cuttlefish for lunch. | 说来也怪 我中午就吃的墨鱼 |
[09:11] | Ah, no, no, no, you don’t have to! You can leave my house, Yvette! | 啊 不用 你用不着 你可以离开我的房子 Yvette |
[09:19] | Pardon, monsieur. | 不好意思 先生 |
[09:20] | Are you not the one who gives advice on the radio? | 您是在电台里给人提供咨询的那位吗 |
[09:23] | – You listen to my show? – No, but my Sous-chef does. | – 你听我的节目 – 不 我的帮厨听 |
[09:27] | And I hear you as I walk back and forth through the kitchen. | 我每次经过厨房的时候都听到 |
[09:30] | Monsieur, you must help me! Etienne! | 先生 您得帮帮我 Etienne |
[09:33] | No, you know, listen, if… if everyone comes out here, | 别啊 大家都出来了 |
[09:36] | how will you know when our duck is crispy? | 鸭子烧过头怎么办 |
[09:38] | – Etienne, this is the doctor from the radio, en? – Ah, oui, oui, oui! | – 这是电台上的那位医生 是吧 – 啊 对 对 |
[09:43] | Please, monsieur. You must talk to my husband. | 先生 麻烦您了 您务必和我丈夫谈谈 |
[09:46] | My daughter is with child. | 我女儿怀了小孩 |
[09:48] | And he does not understand that these things happen. | 他个老顽固不懂这种事情时有发生 |
[09:51] | Don’t talk to me. Talk to this tramp! | 别跟我讲 去跟这个浪货讲 |
[09:53] | Do you believe my daughter, madame? | 您能相信我女儿做出这种事吗 夫人 |
[09:55] | You should meet my sister. | 你真该认识认识我妹妹 |
[09:58] | As if I wasn’t pregnant when we got married, eh? | 我当时跟你结婚的时候不也是怀着孕吗 |
[10:01] | Oh, I wish I had been killed in the war! | 我怎么就没在打仗的时候死了一了百了呢 |
[10:03] | Oh, it’s hard to get killed when you run the other way! | 你这逃兵 想死都难 |
[10:08] | All right, silence! Silence! | 安静 安静 |
[10:14] | Both of you just try to calm down. I’ll see what I can do. | 你们俩都冷静冷静 我来想想办法 |
[10:19] | Monsieur Degas, you are angry now. That is a temporary emotion. | Degas先生 你现在很愤怒 这是个暂时的情绪 |
[10:23] | You are devastated because you think | 你这么崩溃是因为你觉得 |
[10:26] | the bond between a father and a daughter has been broken. | 你和你女儿之间的感情纽带断裂了 |
[10:30] | She is no longer your little girl. | 她不再是你天真纯洁的小女儿 |
[10:33] | But that’s not possible. That bond cannot be broken. | 但这是不可能的 父女感情的纽带不会断裂 |
[10:37] | Not even by that young man cowering there | 就算是这个躲在角落里年轻人也不行 |
[10:39] | in the corner who is so obviously the father. | 显然他是孩子的父亲 |
[10:45] | Come out! Come out, it’s all right. | 过来 没事的 |
[10:49] | We need more water. | 麻烦加点水 |
[10:53] | You? You can’t even get water in a glass! How did you do this? | 是你 连水到倒不好你 怎么就让我女儿怀上了 |
[11:02] | Monsieur Degas, please. | Degas先生 请 |
[11:05] | Hold your daughter in your arms and tell her how you really feel. | 抱住您女儿 告诉她你真实的感受 |
[11:11] | Yvette… ah, Yvette, Yvette, ma petite, I love you… | Yvette 啊 Yvette 我的小可爱 我爱你 |
[11:22] | Thank you, monsieur. Thank you! | 谢谢您 先生 谢谢您 |
[11:27] | You are a god! And you, Madame Moiselle, are very lucky. | 您真是活菩萨啊 Mioselle夫人 您真是幸运 |
[11:33] | I’m starting to realise that. | 我也开始这么觉得了 |
[11:36] | Just another evening out with… | 又一个与Frasier Crane医生一起度过的 |
[11:39] | Dr Frasier Crane. | 平常的晚上 |
[11:50] | – Hi, Roz. – Hey, Frasier. | – 嗨 Roz – 嘿 Frasier |
[11:53] | Again, thank you. | 再次谢谢你 |
[11:55] | It’s OK, Frasier. You’ve thanked me every day for last two weeks. | 不用谢 Frasier 这两周你天天都过来谢谢我 |
[11:59] | But if it hadn’t been for you, I never would have met… oh… Madeline. | 但是要不是因为你 我怎么可能遇见Madeline呢 |
[12:04] | It’s just… you know, we went out again last night. | 我们昨天晚上又出去了 |
[12:07] | And it’s just perfect between us! We talk, we can laugh at the same thing… | 我们两个真是太来电了 一起说话 一起欢笑 |
[12:11] | Just stop. Did it ever occur to you that, | 停停停 你有没有想过 |
[12:13] | since I’m in one of the worst dating droughts in my entire adult life, | 我这边正遭遇成年以后最糟糕的一次男人荒 |
[12:16] | that to hear you prattling on like a giggling schoolgirl | 你还成天在我耳边跟个花季少女一样 |
[12:19] | about your storybook romance | 叽叽喳喳你的幸福日记 |
[12:20] | might be the teensiest bit irritating? | 会不会有点烦啊 |
[12:24] | No, it hadn’t, and you’re right, Roz. | 不好意思 我真没意识到 |
[12:26] | I’m sorry. Sometimes I can be so insensitive. | 对不起 我有时会很木讷 |
[12:29] | But, you know, Madeline’s helping me with that. | 但是我跟你讲 Madeline正在帮我改这个坏习惯 |
[12:30] | She is so good. She is so good, in, like, every way. | 她真是太完美了 各个角度无懈可击 |
[12:33] | – God! – Sorry. I’m sorry. | – 我天哪 – 对不起 对不起 |
[12:35] | It’s just I haven’t felt this way since, since my divorce. | 可是我从离婚后就没有过这种感觉 |
[12:39] | Everything seems so right! | 每个地方都觉得很对劲 |
[12:42] | You know, I haven’t said this out loud, but here goes. | 我还没这么说过 但是我要说出来 |
[12:46] | It’s possible that she could be the woman I spend the rest of my life with. | 有可能她就是我一起度过余生的那个女人 |
[12:51] | Go. Go do that! Get married. Have a couple of kids. | 去 快去 结个婚 生一堆娃 |
[12:57] | Move out to the country. Buy a puppy. Live happily ever after! | 搬到乡下去 养只小狗 从此过上幸福快乐的生活 |
[13:01] | Just don’t tell me about it! I need a boyfriend. | 只要别在我耳边叽叽喳喳 我要男朋友 |
[13:07] | Dear Roz. Dear, silly Roz. | 亲爱的Roz 亲爱的 可怜的Roz |
[13:09] | Dear, silly, horny Roz. | 亲爱的 可怜的 饥渴的Roz |
[13:14] | – Oh, oh, look! It’s… – That must be Madeline. – Yes! | – 哦 快看 是 – 这一定是Madeline – 没错 |
[13:18] | Madeline, hi! Hi, Madeline, Roz. Roz, Madeline. | Madeline 嗨 这是Roz Roz 这是Madeline |
[13:23] | Oh, god, what a surprise to see you! | 你怎么过来了啊 |
[13:25] | Well, I hope you don’t mind me stopping by, | 希望你不介意我过来 |
[13:26] | but I have a meeting with a buyer across the street in ten minutes | 10分钟后我要在街对面跟一个采购商开会 |
[13:29] | And there is something I wanted to talk to you about. | 我想跟你商量个事 |
[13:31] | Oh, well, here, please, have a seat. | 来 请坐 |
[13:36] | Well, you know when we first started going out, we both agreed | 我们刚开始约会的时候 都同意了 |
[13:39] | we didn’t want to rush into the physical part | 不着急身体接触 |
[13:42] | that we’d save ourselves for the right moment. | 要等到时机合适的时候 |
[13:47] | It’s now? | 难道是现在 |
[13:51] | No, actually. | 不是 |
[13:53] | Uh, I was wondering what you | 我是在想 你觉得 |
[13:55] | thought about us going away for the weekend, | 我们一起出去度过周末如何 |
[13:57] | just the two of us. | 就我们两个 |
[14:00] | Well, I’d miss my favourite shows, but sure. | 这样没法看我的周末档了 但肯定赞成 |
[14:05] | I was thinking two, three days. | 我觉得出去个两三天 |
[14:14] | I was thinking more like a week. | 我觉得一个星期更好 |
[14:18] | OK, now for the really big question: when? | 好 现在的问题是 什么时候 |
[14:23] | Well, the minute we get there. | 当然是一到就开始 |
[14:27] | No. Actually, I meant, when do we go? | 不是这个意思 我是说什么时候去 |
[14:32] | Oh, oh, yes. Let’s see. | 哦 哦 让我看看 |
[14:35] | Now, let’s see, I am good for… the week of the 16th. | 现在看来 我16号那个周末有空 |
[14:40] | The 16th… Oh, no. Sweeps week. | 16号啊 不行 收听率调查周 |
[14:43] | – How about the 23rd? – No. No. Trade show. 30th? | – 23号如何 – 不行 有个展览会 30号呢 |
[14:48] | – No. – That puts us into the next month. | – 不行 – 那我们只能看下个月了 |
[14:50] | No. No. No. The 20th? | 不行 不行 不行 20号呢 |
[14:53] | – No. – Well, this was a great idea, | – 不行 – 好吧 主意不错 |
[14:57] | but we’re both obviously too busy. We’ll do it another time. | 但我们俩都太忙了 我们过一段时间再说吧 |
[15:00] | – Yes, I… – I gotta run. | – 好吧 我 – 我得走了 |
[15:09] | – Let’s go tomorrow! – You’re on! | – 我们明天就去 – 好的 |
[15:11] | I know the perfect place, Bora Bora. | 我知道一个绝佳的去处 波拉波拉岛 |
[15:13] | Hubba hubba! | 哎呦哎呦好 |
[15:15] | – I’ll make the arrangements! – I’ll meet you at the airport! | – 我来安排 – 我们机场碰头 |
[15:19] | – Bye! – Bye. Oh, Madeline… | – 再见 – 再见 走错了 Madeline |
[15:23] | Bye. | 再见 |
[15:27] | Hello. You don’t know me, | 你好 你不认识我 |
[15:29] | but I saw your picture in “Seattle” magazine. | 但我在<西雅图>杂志上看到你的照片 |
[15:48] | They don’t write songs like that any more. | 现在再也写不出这样的歌了 |
[15:51] | This is really what “men” do, isn’t it, Dad? | 这才是男人做的事 是吧 老爸 |
[15:55] | Yeah, this and some things outdoors, | 嗯 这个和户外运动 |
[15:58] | but we’ll just stick to this for now. | 我们做这个就好了 |
[16:01] | You know, these last few nights have been very pleasant, dad. | 这几天晚上过得非常愉快 老爸 |
[16:04] | You and me sitting together, appreciating these fine cigars. | 我们坐在一起 享受这些上好的雪茄 |
[16:09] | Who would have thought | 谁能想到 |
[16:10] | a simple Cuban peasant somewhere in the Sierra Maestra | 一个远在马埃斯特腊山地区的古巴农民 |
[16:12] | would bring a father and son closer together? | 能这样拉近我们父子之间的关系呢 |
[16:15] | Yes. Must make that dime he | 是的 他辛苦一整天 |
[16:17] | gets for a whole day’s work a lot more satisfying. | 赚的那一毛钱也会更有价值了 |
[16:25] | I’m going to miss these little sweethearts. | 我会想这些小可爱的 |
[16:31] | – Ooh, now, there’s a talent! – I’ll say! | – 哇 看 天才 – 是啊 |
[16:39] | Just how do you do that? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[16:40] | It’s really very simple. Let me show you, it’s all in the tongue. | 很容易 我告诉你 全靠舌头 |
[16:44] | That’s right. Just purse your lips and pucker up like a little goldfish. | 就是这样 把嘴撅着卷起来 像金鱼一样 |
[16:49] | That’s it. Just like that. Very good. | 就这样 就这样 非常好 |
[16:53] | Have you got it? | 学会了没 |
[17:00] | – Niles, what are you doing? – I’m learning how to blow smoke. | – Niles 你在做什么 – 我在学怎么吐烟圈 |
[17:05] | Where? | 吐哪儿呢 |
[17:11] | Dad, I thought I asked you to smoke those things out on the balcony. | 老爸 我跟您说了要抽烟去外面的阳台 |
[17:13] | It’s cold out there. | 阳台上很冷 |
[17:14] | Fine, all right. Maybe an errant ash will | 随便了 不小心让烟灰 |
[17:17] | flick off and ignite your easy chair. | 弹出来烧了你的安乐椅才好 |
[17:21] | Well, you are in a fine mood. What’s the matter with you? | 今天心情不错嘛 怎么回事 |
[17:23] | Madeline and I are going to Bora Bora tomorrow. | Madeline和我明天要去波拉波拉岛玩 |
[17:26] | Why do bad things happen to good people? | 苍天无眼啊 |
[17:30] | – When did this come about? – Just about an hour ago. | – 什么时候决定的 – 一个小时前 |
[17:32] | When Madeline came down to the station. | Madeline来台里 |
[17:34] | We got caught up in a moment of passion. | 我们一时兴起 |
[17:36] | Befor I know it, I’m going halfway | 还没清醒过来 我就要 |
[17:37] | around the world with a woman I hardly even know. | 和一个不怎么熟的女人去地球另一边了 |
[17:40] | It just isn’t like me. I guess I’m getting caught up in the romance. | 这不像我 我一定是被爱情冲昏了头脑 |
[17:43] | Well, I’m not sure about the psychological ramifications of this, | 我不清楚这事在心理学上的涵义 |
[17:47] | but it seems like a good thing to me. | 但我觉得是个好事情 |
[17:49] | Yes, well, to the untrained eyes, yes. | 在你们外行人眼里是这样 |
[17:50] | But what if we hate each other? End up being stuck together for a week? | 但我们讨厌彼此怎么办 还得黏在一起待一个礼拜 |
[17:53] | Oh, that won’t happen. If anything, | 不会的 更有可能的是 |
[17:55] | you’ll come back even more in love than ever. | 你们回来后更加如胶似漆 |
[17:57] | Even worse! If it goes perfectly, | 那更糟糕 如果事情进展得很顺利 |
[18:00] | then it means we’ll start talking about a serious commitment | 接着我们就要做出承诺 |
[18:03] | and living together and then marriage, and… | 同居然后结婚了 |
[18:05] | If you ask me, Frasier, your trepidation is well-founded. | Frasier 这事要我来说的话 你的恐慌是有依据的 |
[18:08] | It is possible to move a relationship along too fast | 有可能一段关系进展得太快 |
[18:11] | and ultimately marry too hastily. | 而导致仓促的婚姻 |
[18:13] | You could find a few years down the line | 几年之后你发现 |
[18:15] | that the person isn’t really right for you. | 这个人并不适合你 |
[18:16] | And then what happens if you meet the right person? | 接着你要是碰到真正适合你的人怎么办 |
[18:18] | Someone who realy excites you and makes you feel alive. | 那个让你重拾生活激情的灵魂伴侣 |
[18:21] | But you can’t act upon it | 但你不能采取行动 |
[18:23] | because you’re trapped in a stale, albeit comfortable Maris. | 因为你被困在了纵使安逸却已腻烦的Maris中 |
[18:33] | Marriage. | 婚姻 |
[18:36] | I have to go now. | 我得走了 |
[18:43] | Hey, let me ask you one question, Frasier. | 我问你一个问题 Frasier |
[18:45] | Did you feel a spark when you met this woman? | 你跟这个女人在一起的时候有火花没 |
[18:48] | – Like fireworks. – Well, then go for it. | – 像烟花一样 – 那还犹豫什么 |
[18:51] | You know these things don’t happen that often. | 佳人难求啊 |
[18:53] | It’s like when I met your mother, it was at a crime scene. | 就像我跟你妈在犯罪现场的相遇 |
[18:56] | Hester was a psychiatrist. | Hester是一个精神病医生 |
[18:58] | So every now and again the department would have her | 所以时不时地局里会叫她 |
[19:00] | run up a profile on a suspect. | 过来给嫌疑人做鉴定 |
[19:03] | I remember the first time I met her, | 我还记得我第一次遇见她的时候 |
[19:05] | it was over the chalk outline of a murder victim. | 就在一个谋杀受害者的粉笔轮廓外 |
[19:09] | One look at her hair | 只是看了一眼 |
[19:10] | silhouetted against that flashing blue light out of the car and wagon | 她那迎着警车闪烁的蓝灯随风显隐的秀发 |
[19:13] | and I was a goner. | 我当时就失魂了 |
[19:15] | She drew a little smile on the head of the outline | 她在粉笔轮廓的头那画了个笑脸 |
[19:18] | and I drew a pair of eyes | 我接着画了一双眼睛 |
[19:19] | and before you know it we were laughing like a couple of kids. | 不知不觉我们就像小孩一样笑在一起了 |
[19:23] | Dad, you’re a ghoul. | 老爸 你就是个虐尸狂 |
[19:26] | I was joking. We couldn’t draw on the outline. | 开玩笑了 我们不能在轮廓上乱画的 |
[19:28] | They hadn’t moved the body yet. | 尸体还没搬走呢 |
[19:32] | Yes, well, your corpse-strewn romance notwithstanding, | 好吧 撇开你的尸体罗曼故事不管 |
[19:36] | I still feel just a little skittish about this whole thing. | 这整个事情我还是觉得有点没谱 |
[19:39] | Well, Dr Crane, if you’d like a feminine point of view, | Crane医生 我来从女性角度给你个提议 |
[19:42] | just shut your bloody cake hole and go! | 赶紧闭嘴出发 |
[19:46] | I mean, look what happened when you took a chance | 想想看自从你抓住机会 |
[19:48] | and called this woman, | 给这个女人打了个电话 |
[19:49] | You’ve been whistling a happy tune ever since. | 天天哼着小曲过活 |
[19:51] | Well, that is true. | 好吧 也是了 |
[19:52] | Yes, so make another bold move. Do something to make yourself happy. | 就是 再鼓起勇气 抓住机会创造幸福 |
[19:56] | – Yeah, go on! – Hey, you won’t regret it. | – 加油 – 你不会后悔的 |
[20:00] | – Oh, alright, I’ll do it. – Attaboy! That’s grat! That’s terrific! | – 好吧 我去 – 好样的 太好了 太好了 |
[20:04] | Ok. But don’t think that I don’t know | 好吧 别以为我不知道 |
[20:06] | you are mostly excited just to get me out of the house for a week. | 你们是为了我要出门一周觉得开心 |
[20:08] | It will be sweet, won’t it? | 那也不错 是吧 |
[20:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:27] | This is gorgeous! I’m so glad you suggested it. | 这儿太美了 你这个推荐太好了 |
[20:31] | It’s even more beautiful than I remember. | 这比我印象中更漂亮了 |
[20:34] | You know what the natives say, they say that Bora Bora | 你知道吗 这当地人说波拉波拉岛 |
[20:36] | is the end of the world and the doorway to heaven. | 是世界的尽头 天堂的入口 |
[20:39] | This…could be the doorway to heaven for us. | 这 才是你通往天堂的入口 |
[20:47] | I’m certainly glad you are the one said that first. | 我很高兴是你先提出来 |
[20:49] | You know, I didn’t want this to seem like our trip was just about sex, | 我可不想搞得我们出来旅游就是为了性一样 |
[20:52] | but…who are we kidding? | 可 我们骗谁呢 |
[21:04] | I’m a little hot in these clothes, aren’t you? | 我觉得有些热 你呢 |
[21:06] | I’m sweating like the pig that knows he’s dinner. | 我现在就是一头待宰的汗猪 |
[21:11] | – I’ll be right back. – Oink. | – 我很快就回 – 呼呼 |
[21:38] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[21:47] | – Oh, my God. – Frasier? | – 我天哪 – Frasier |
[21:52] | Oh, my God! | 我的老天啊 |