时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | Where have you been? We’re on in two minutes! | 你去哪儿了 再过两分钟我们就要直播了 |
[00:19] | Forgive me, | 不好意思哦 |
[00:20] | but I was busy preparing your schedule for tomorrow. | 我可是一直忙着准备你明天的日程安排 |
[00:23] | You’ve got lunch with the station manager, | 你要和电台经理吃午餐 |
[00:24] | your recording a PSA at three o’clock, | 三点要录一条公共服务广告 |
[00:26] | and don’t forget to send flowers to your sister-in-law at the hospital. | 还有别忘了送花给你住院的弟媳妇 |
[00:29] | Oh yes, Maris’s face-lift! | 哦 对了 Maris的拉皮手术 |
[00:33] | – Really? I didn’t know she need one. – Oh, she doesn’t, actually. | – 真的吗 我不觉得她需要做那个 – 她真的不需要 |
[00:36] | There’s nothing wrong with Maris that wouldn’t be cured | Maris没啥大毛病 |
[00:37] | by a little sun, some exercise and a personality. | 除了要多晒太阳 多做运动 再来点性格 |
[00:43] | – What are those? – Oh, just extra copies of your schedule. | – 那是什么 – 哦 是你工作计划表的复印件 |
[00:47] | Why are you running down to the Xerox room | 你为什么要跑到复印室 |
[00:49] | for extra copies of my schedule? | 复印我的工作计划表 |
[00:51] | It wouldn’t have anything to do with that new intern, would it? | 不会是因为那新来的实习生吧 是么 |
[00:53] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么名字 |
[00:54] | Eli. Eli | |
[00:55] | – Roz! He’s probably all of 19! – That’s legal. | – Roz 他可能才十九岁 – 那也合法了 |
[00:59] | Well, koo koo ka choo, Mrs Robinson. | 算你厉害啊 Robinson太太 |
[01:03] | Frasier, the guy is so gorgeous. | Frasier 这小伙子太帅了 |
[01:06] | You just want to bite him all over. Haven’t you seen him? | 你简直想一口吃掉他 你还没见过他吗 |
[01:09] | No. I’ve been eating out lately. | 不 我最近都在外面吃 |
[01:12] | You’re not seriously thinking of dating him, are you? | 说真的 你不是在考虑要和他约会吧 |
[01:14] | Why is that alright for older men to date younger women, | 为什么老男人约年轻姑娘就没问题 |
[01:17] | but it’s not okay for all the women to date younger men? | 女人和年轻男人约会就不行了呢 |
[01:20] | I don’t make the rules, Roz. I just enjoy them. | 规则不是我定的 Roz 我只管尽情享受 |
[01:24] | You’re on. | 直播了 |
[01:28] | Hello, Seattle. | 好啊 西雅图 |
[01:29] | This is Dr Frasier Crane, KACL 780. | 这里是KACL 780 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[01:33] | I’ll be with you for the next three hours. | 接下来的三个小时我将与您共同度过 |
[01:34] | So let’s get straight to it. Roz, who’s our first caller? | 让我们直奔主题吧 Roz 第一位来电听众是谁 |
[01:36] | On line one we had Linda, she’s calling from a car phone. | 一号线上是Linda 用车载电话来电的 |
[01:40] | Hello, Linda. I’m listening. | 好啊 Linda 您请讲 |
[01:42] | ‘Oh, Dr.Crane. My husband and l are right in the middle of a fight. | ‘Crane医生 我和我丈夫正在吵架 |
[01:46] | You see, We’re on our way to the Antique Mart. | 你看 我们正在去古董市场的路上 |
[01:48] | We’re honestly lost, but he refuses to stop and ask for directions.’ | 我们明显是迷路了 但他就是不肯停下来问路’ |
[01:53] | Yes, well, Linda, | 好吧 Linda |
[01:54] | this is a common source of friction among couples. | 这是夫妻之间产生冲突的一个普遍原因 |
[01:58] | Some men feel the need to be in control. | 有些男人需要掌握控制权 |
[02:01] | They see asking for help as a sign of weakness. | 在他们看来求助是一种软弱的表现 |
[02:03] | ‘Well, everybody knows that. Look, the reason I called was to ask | ‘这谁都知道 听着 我打进来就是想问 |
[02:07] | how the hell could we get to | 我们该怎么 |
[02:08] | the Antique Mart from Cherokee and 14th Street.’ | 从切罗基十四大街到古董市场 |
[02:11] | ‘I don’t need any directions! I know where I am!’ | ‘我不需要问路 我知道自己在哪儿’ |
[02:15] | ‘We’re lost, Walter. Face it, we’re lost.’ | ‘我们迷路了 Walter 面对现实吧 我们迷路了’ |
[02:19] | This isn’t normally the kind of advice I give, | 这和我平时给别人的建议不太一样 |
[02:21] | but let me see. I’ve lived in Seattle most of my life. | 但让我想想 我在西雅图住了大半辈子 |
[02:24] | Cherokee and 14th… You would want to… | 切罗基十四街 你可以 |
[02:26] | Er, Dr.Crane, I have a map right here. | Crane医生 我这里正好有张地图 |
[02:28] | Oh, no, thanks, Roz. I don’t need any help. | 不用了 谢谢 Roz 我不需要帮助 |
[02:34] | Eddie, put that down! That’s disgusting! | Eddie 把它放下 简直令人作呕 |
[02:37] | Why do animals always drag these things into the house? | 为什么动物总要把这种东西拉进家里 |
[02:40] | Oh, dear God, what is it? A rat? | 天呐 是什么 老鼠吗 |
[02:41] | No. A stupid doll. | 不 是个傻了吧唧的娃娃 |
[02:45] | Found it in the park and he carries it everywhere. | 在公园里发现的 他现在去哪儿都带着它 |
[02:48] | He never did this kind of stuff before you had him fixed. | 在你把他阉了之前他从不做这种事的 |
[02:53] | – Hello, Frasier. – I thought you’d be in the hospital with Maris? | – 好啊 Frasier – 我以为你会在医院陪着Maris |
[02:56] | I’m on my way down there now. | 我正要去那边 |
[02:58] | Poor Maris. She’s so worried, she hasn’t had much hospital experience. | 可怜的Maris 她忧心忡忡的 她没怎么去过医院 |
[03:01] | Except the usual childhood things – you know, tonsils, | 除了大家童年都经历过的 扁桃体发炎啦 |
[03:03] | adenoids, force-feeding. | 腺状体肿大啦 强行喂食啦 |
[03:09] | – What’s wrong with Mrs Crane? – Oh, it’s nothing serious. | – Crane夫人怎么啦 – 也不是什么严重的事情啦 |
[03:12] | Cosmetic surgery, her chin, her lips, her cheeks, her…eyelids. | 整容手术而已 下巴 嘴唇 脸颊 还有 眼皮 |
[03:19] | Maybe it’ll be faster you’d just tell us | 你还不如直接告诉我们她哪里不需要整 |
[03:20] | what she’s leaving alone! | 应该还快点 |
[03:23] | You know, if you want my opinion, this is just vanity. | 要我说的话 都是因为虚荣而已 |
[03:26] | No, it’s not vanity, dad. It’s insecurity. | 不 不是虚荣 老爸 是缺乏安全感 |
[03:28] | It’s easy to understand how women can fall victim to | 不难理解 现在女人们很容易成为 |
[03:31] | our culture’s worship at the altar of youth and beauty. | 我们社会文化对年轻美貌过分推崇的受害者 |
[03:34] | Precisely. Women over 40 can’t help | 一点没错 一旦超过四十岁 |
[03:35] | but feel unattractive | 就会觉得自己缺乏吸引力 |
[03:37] | if they don’t have perfect hair, | 如果没有一头秀发 |
[03:39] | porcelain skin, limpid eyes, | 瓷器般精美的皮肤 清澈的明眸 |
[03:43] | pouting lips, the voluptuous contours of a goddess. | 丰盈的嘴唇 女神般性感的体型 |
[03:59] | I’m sorry. I’ve forgotten what my point was. | 抱歉 我忘了我想说什么来着了 |
[04:04] | Oh, I know just what you mean, Dr Crane. | 我明白你的意思 Crane医生 |
[04:06] | I fell victim to that pressure myself once. | 我也曾经是那种压力的受害者 |
[04:09] | – I had a mole removed. – Where? | – 我去过痣 – 在哪儿 |
[04:11] | Just south of Manchester. | 曼彻斯特南部 |
[04:15] | – I meant where on your body? – So did I. | – 我是说你身体的哪个部位 – 我知道(身体下部) |
[04:24] | So, what time is the surgery tomorrow? | 明天几点的手术 |
[04:27] | First thing in the morning, which is why I am here. | 明天一大早 所以我才来找你们 |
[04:30] | I know I am being silly. And I’m sure everything’s going to be fine. | 我知道这样想有点蠢 我知道手术不会有问题的 |
[04:32] | But I was wondering if I might have your moral support | 但是你们能不能来医院 |
[04:34] | down at the hospital. | 给我点精神支持 |
[04:36] | – Yeah, sure. No problem. – Thank you. Well, I expect I’ll be off. | – 当然 没问题 – 谢谢 好了 那我先走了 |
[04:41] | Hey, Niles. Not that it’s any of my business but, | 嘿 Niles 虽然不关我的事 |
[04:44] | how much is this whole thing setting you back? | 但是做这一整套得花你多少银子啊 |
[04:46] | Somewhere in the neighbourhood of $25,000. | 大概有个两万五千块吧 |
[04:49] | Jeez! For an extra five grand, | 上帝 再加个五千块 |
[04:51] | you can get a whole new wife from the Philippines. | 你能从菲律宾买个新老婆了 |
[05:06] | – Ah, Dr Crane. – Dr Sternstein. | – Crane医生 – Sternstein医生 |
[05:09] | Excuse me for a moment… Your wife is still in recovering, | 稍等一下 您夫人还需要静养 |
[05:12] | but everything went splendidly. | 不过手术很顺利 |
[05:14] | – So you can see her in a few minutes. – Thank you, doctor. | – 过一会儿您就能看她了 – 谢谢您 医生 |
[05:17] | All right, Mrs Patterson. | 走吧 Patterson夫人 |
[05:21] | Did you hear that, Frasier? He said everything went fine. | 听见了吗 Frasier 他说一切都很顺利 |
[05:23] | He’s an incredible plastic surgeon. Did you see that woman? | 他是个医术高超的整形医生 看见那女人了吗 |
[05:27] | Well, Mr Patterson is a very lucky man. | Patterson先生可真是幸运呀 |
[05:29] | Maybe that was Mr Patterson. | 也许那就是Patterson先生 |
[05:35] | Say Niles, guess whose room I passed by on the way down the hall | Niles 你猜我在走廊里看到谁在医院里住着 |
[05:40] | Artie Walsh Artie Walsh. | |
[05:43] | – Dad’s old partner? – Yes, apparently he was in for tests last week. | – 老爸的老搭档 – 是啊 他上周来做几项检查 |
[05:47] | And the results weren’t very good. | 结果不是很理想 |
[05:49] | – Oh, no! I always liked him. – Yeah. | – 不是吧 我一直很喜欢他的 – 是啊 |
[05:53] | I still remember him inviting us | 我还记得小时候 |
[05:54] | to his house for weenie roasts when we were kids. | 他请我们到他家吃烤腊肠 |
[05:56] | I’m sure he remembers you, too – asking for a salade nioise. | 他肯定也记得你 竟然还问他要尼斯沙拉吃 |
[06:06] | – You think Dad knows he’s here? – Oh, I doubt it. | – 你觉得老爸知道他在这儿吗 – 不太可能 |
[06:09] | Think he wants to know? | 他会想知道吗 |
[06:09] | Probably not. They haven’t spoken in years. | 应该不会 他们已经有好几年没说过话了 |
[06:13] | I didn’t suppose you got Artie to tell you what their big fight was all about? | Artie应该还是没告诉你他们俩为了什么吵架吧 |
[06:16] | No, he’s just as tight lipped as Dad. | 是啊 他和老爸都闭口不谈 |
[06:18] | Although, with little arm-twisting, | 不过在施加了一点压力后 |
[06:19] | I did get him to admitted it was all Dad’s fault. | 他承认那全是老爸的错 |
[06:23] | Hey, you guys should really try the cafeteria here. | 嘿 你俩真应该尝尝这儿的餐厅 |
[06:26] | They’ve got a new chef. He’s from Yemen. | 他们请了个新厨师 从也门来的呢 |
[06:29] | So many of the great ones are! | 也门出大厨啊 |
[06:33] | Dad, you know who’s in the hospital here? | 老爸 你知道谁在这家医院里吗 |
[06:35] | Artie Walsh. He’s not at all well. | Artie Walsh 他情况可不好 |
[06:38] | Yeah, one of the guys told me. | 知道 有人跟我说了 |
[06:40] | They may have to scoop out half his intestines. | 他们可能要挖出他一半的肠子 |
[06:43] | Here, taste this meatloaf. It’s got just right amount of chewies . | 对了 尝尝这个肉馅糕 里面的馅儿放得整整好 |
[06:47] | No, thank you. Are you going to see him? | 不了 谢谢 你会去看望他吗 |
[06:50] | Can’t think of any good reason why I should. | 我好像没什么理由要去看他 |
[06:52] | Because he was your best friend, and now he is sick? | 因为他曾是你最好的朋友 而他现在生病了 |
[06:54] | Hey, he never came to see me when I took that bullet | 嘿 我中弹那时候他从来没看过我 |
[06:56] | and I was lying there with stuff flowing in and out of tubes | 我就这么躺着 身上插满管子 液体流进流出的 |
[06:59] | and drains from every bodily opening. | 身上每个口子都往外冒着血 |
[07:02] | At least taste this gravy. | 至少尝尝这肉汁 |
[07:05] | Dad, we’re talking about a few minutes out of your life. | 老爸 只需要几分钟而已 |
[07:07] | Just long enough to sit there and have a little chat with a very sick man. | 只是让你坐下来和这个病重的人聊几句 |
[07:10] | and I don’t see why that’s so impossible for you. | 能有多难为你 |
[07:12] | Now, come on! Believe me, you’ll be glad you did. | 来吧 相信我 你不会后悔的 |
[07:15] | Hey listen, sunny boy. | 听着 阳光仔 你 |
[07:16] | That sanctimonious tone may wow them on the radio, | 那道貌岸然的调调可能会博得收音机听众的称赞 |
[07:19] | but it doesn’t cut any ice with me. | 可是对我不起作用 |
[07:21] | When I say “No”, that’s just what I mean. | 我说不就是不 |
[07:23] | I’m not sitting and chatting with Artie Walsh. | 我才不要坐下来和Artie Walsh聊天 |
[07:27] | – Artie thought as much. – Why? What did he say? | – Artie也是这么想的 – 为什么 他说什么了 |
[07:31] | – He said you wouldn’t have the guts to go see him. – He said that? | – 他说你不会有勇气去看他的 – 他这么说的 |
[07:33] | Yeah, then he snickered a little! | 是啊 他还嘲笑了你两声呢 |
[07:35] | Well, I’ve got news for him. I’ve got the guts. | 我倒要让他看看 我有的是勇气 |
[07:38] | I’ve got twice the guts he has, | 我的勇气是他的两倍 |
[07:40] | And after his surgery tomorrow, I’ll have four times the guts! | 等他明天做完手术 我的肠子就是他的四倍 |
[07:49] | Artie, it’s me again. | Artie 我又来了 |
[07:53] | – Martin – Artie – Martin? – Artie. | |
[07:57] | When he heard you were in here, he insisted on rushing right over, | 他听说你在这里就坚定地马上冲过来了 |
[07:59] | didn’t you, Dad? | 是不是 老爸 |
[08:01] | Yeah, well… | 是啊 那个 |
[08:06] | They said you were in pretty rocky shape. | 他们说你的状态很不稳定 |
[08:09] | Well, they’ve been saying a lot of things. | 他们说的事儿多了去了 |
[08:17] | – Well, Marty, how’s it been going? – Okay. | – 那么 Marty 你过得怎么样 – 还行吧 |
[08:23] | Good. Small steps. | 很好 慢慢来 |
[08:27] | – Sorry you’re laid up. – Thanks. | – 很遗憾你困卧在床 – 谢谢 |
[08:30] | It’s nice of you to come by. | 很高兴你来了 |
[08:33] | – I guess somebody had to be the big man. – Yeah. | – 总得有人有点男人样子 – 是啊 |
[08:36] | What? What’s that supposed to mean? | 什么 你这话是什么意思 |
[08:39] | I think you know what that means. | 我想你心知肚明 |
[08:40] | No, why don’t you tell me what it means? | 不 你干嘛不直接告诉我 |
[08:42] | It means I’m being a lot bigger than you were | 我比你像个男人 |
[08:44] | when I was in here. | 当年我躺这儿的时候你来看过我没 |
[08:45] | You mean when you had that lousy bullet in your hip? | 你是指那个破子弹射中你屁股那次 |
[08:47] | Hey, that lousy bullet hurt, pal. | 嘿 那个破子弹疼着哪 老兄 |
[08:49] | Not enough! | 疼得还不够 |
[08:50] | Oh, we don’t want to talk… | 别说这些 |
[08:51] | Well, it’s too bad you never took a bullet that might have improved you. | 可惜你没挨过枪子 否则说不定还能有点人样 |
[08:54] | Just be glad you didn’t take it in the butt – | 没打中屁股你就万幸吧 |
[08:56] | it could have caused brain damage! | 否则引起脑损伤也不一定 |
[08:58] | Oh, you always have to have the last word, don’t you! | 不说最后一句话噎死别人你就不甘心是不是 |
[09:00] | Not with you, I don’t want any words with you! | 除非是和你 我一句话都不想和你说 |
[09:02] | – Well, that’s too bad! Because I’ve got a couple of real choice ones. – Dad! | – 太可惜了 因为至少我还有选择的余地 – 老爸 |
[09:08] | Next time, we’ll stay longer. | 下次 我们会多待会儿 |
[09:23] | Stop staring at me like that! I didn’t touch your damned doll. | 别这么盯着我 我可没碰你那该死的娃娃 |
[09:33] | Look, even if I did, you know, I did it for your own good. | 好吧 就算我碰了 那也是为了你好 |
[09:38] | You were becoming the joke of the park. | 你已经沦为公园的笑柄了 |
[09:39] | Even the poodles were laughing at you. | 连贵宾犬都嘲笑你 |
[09:46] | Oh, alright. | 好吧 |
[09:49] | Here. | 给你 |
[09:54] | Got to get that dog a GI Joe. | 应该给它搞个大兵玩具 |
[09:59] | Yes, yes, Maris. I’m sure. | 是的 是的 Maris 我保证 |
[10:02] | No, no, you can’t gain weight from a glucose IV. | 不 不 注射葡萄糖不会长胖的 |
[10:10] | no, my little worry wart, | 不 爱担心的小笨蛋 |
[10:11] | there’s no such thing as a NutraSweet drip. | 根本没有阿斯巴甜滴液这种东西 |
[10:18] | Just… just try to close your eyes and go to sleep. | 就 就闭上眼睛赶紧睡觉吧 |
[10:22] | Good night, Puppy Toes. | 晚安 小肉垫 |
[10:25] | Is everything okay with your wife? | 你老婆没事吧 |
[10:27] | Actually no. She can’t get along with any of her nurses. | 有事儿 她看每个护士都不顺眼 |
[10:30] | Honestly, I’m at a loss to understand | 说真的 我就不明白了 |
[10:32] | how a reputable hospital can hire nothing but troublemakers! | 怎么一个声誉不错的医院净雇佣惹是生非的人 |
[10:35] | Yes, the Little Sisters of Mercy have always had that reputation! | 是啊 那些慈爱的小护士的名声向来如此 |
[10:43] | Dad, didn’t get the chance to ask you, how was your reunion with Artie go? | 老爸 还没机会问你 你和Artie的重聚怎么样 |
[10:47] | Lousy. | 不怎么样 |
[10:49] | If you don’t mind my asking, | 希望你不要介意我问 |
[10:51] | what started this bad blood between the two of you? | 你们俩是为了什么关系变成这样 |
[10:54] | He spread a rumour about me through the department. | 他在局里散布了一个我的谣言 |
[10:57] | – About what? – None of your business. | – 什么谣言 – 不关你事 |
[11:00] | – Oh, come on! – No, I don’t want to talk about it. Subject closed. | – 别这样 – 不 我不想谈论这事 话题结束 |
[11:08] | – Must have been pretty bad. – Oh, yeah. | – 一定是很严重的事情 – 是啊 |
[11:12] | – Must have been on the take. – More likely drugs. | – 一定跟收受贿赂有关系 – 更像是吸食毒品 |
[11:16] | – Drugs, yes, drugs… Or sex. Could be sex. – Or all three. | – 毒品 没错 毒品 或性丑闻 – 或许三者都有 |
[11:20] | All right, it was worse than any of that. | 行了 比那些都要恶劣 |
[11:24] | He told people… | 他告诉别人 |
[11:26] | I cried at “Brian’s Song”. | 我看<布莱恩之歌>的时候哭了 |
[11:34] | Dear God! You always think that’s the kind of thing | 老天爷 以前总觉得这种事情 |
[11:37] | that happens to other people’s fathers, | 只会发生在别人老爸的身上 |
[11:39] | not your own. | 绝不会跟自己老爸有关系 |
[11:41] | Well, I wasn’t crying! | 我当时没在哭 |
[11:42] | Me and Artie were sitting at Duke’d watching the movie | Atie和我坐在杜克酒吧看电影的时候 |
[11:46] | and I got some pretzel salt in my eye. | 椒盐卷饼上的盐渣儿掉我眼睛里了 |
[11:49] | Artie thought it was the funniest thing in the world, | Artie觉得这是世界上最好笑的事情 |
[11:51] | the next thing I know he’s telling everybody. | 结果他见人就说 |
[11:52] | And then I become the joke of the department. | 我就成了我们局里的笑柄 |
[11:55] | Other cops left Kleenex on my desk. | 其他警察在我桌子上留下舒洁纸巾 |
[11:57] | They called me Boo-hoo Crane. | 他们叫我呜呜Crane |
[12:01] | Well, I suppose I can understand your being upset with him, | 那我能理解你为什么这么生气了 |
[12:04] | but what’s he so cheesed off with you for? | 那他对你又有什么意见啊 |
[12:10] | Well, I… | 那个 我 |
[12:12] | Well, I guess I let something slip about the size of his wife’s behind. | 我无意间对他妻子屁股的尺寸多嘴了几句 |
[12:17] | – I beg your pardon? – She’s got this gigantic rear end. | – 你说啥 – 她的臀部硕大无比 |
[12:20] | I mean it’s enormous. | 太庞大了 |
[12:22] | It looks like she’s shoplifting throw pillows! | 就好像她要偷枕头 在屁股那儿塞了两个枕头一样 |
[12:32] | And you felt compelled to share that with him? | 你觉得这事一定要和他分享吗 |
[12:36] | For 20 years, I tried not to, and then, I guess one day, I let my guard down. | 二十年以来 我都憋着 然后 有一天 我放松了警惕 |
[12:41] | We were both coming into the station house, | 我们一起走进警局 |
[12:43] | and he says “Hi”, and I said “Hi”, | 他说 “你好啊” 我说 “好啊” |
[12:44] | and he says “How’s the wife?” | 然后他说 “你老婆怎么样” |
[12:45] | And I said, “At least she doesn’t have an arse the size of Albuquerque.” | 我说 “至少她没有阿尔布开克那么大的屁股 |
[12:53] | And that’s it. | 就因为这些 |
[12:54] | A 20-year relationship downed the drain because of a little name-calling? | 一段二十年的友谊因为取绰号而付诸东流了 |
[12:58] | No, there’s more to it than that. | 不 当然不止这些 |
[12:59] | I mean, Artie always had to have the last word. Always. | Artie总是要说最后一句话 没有一次例外 |
[13:06] | He couldn’t leave well enough alone. | 从来不能见好就收 |
[13:09] | Couldn’t let sleeping dogs lie. | 就是要自找麻烦 |
[13:15] | You’d think it was all over and then he’d start saying something again. | 你以为他已经讲完了 结果又突然讲了起来 |
[13:20] | Look, can we drop this? | 咱能不谈这个了吗 |
[13:22] | Artie obviously still has an atitude, | Artie明显还想给我脸色看 |
[13:23] | and I’ve got better things to do | 我也有更重要的事情要做 |
[13:25] | than sit around in a hospital room taking abuse. | 我才不要在病房里找虐呢 |
[13:27] | Oh, God, I’m due back with Maris. | 天呐 我该回去陪Maris了 |
[13:32] | – Oh, if anyone needs me, I’ll be sleeping at the hospital tonight. – Why? | – 如果你们要找我 我今天会在医院陪夜 – 为什么 |
[13:37] | Maris’ doctor feels it’s more soothing for the patient | Maris的医生认为尽可能模仿家庭环境 |
[13:40] | to duplicate the home environment as closely as possible. | 可以帮助抚慰病人的情绪 |
[13:42] | So I slipped a pearl-handed revolver under her pillow | 所以我在她枕头下偷偷塞了把枪 |
[13:45] | and got myself a room across the hall. | 给自己弄了间走廊对过的房间住 |
[13:56] | I think we’d better say a little prayer for the night nurse. | 我觉得我们最好为夜班护士祈祷一下 |
[14:00] | You know it’s such a shame your father and his friend | 真是可惜 你爸和他朋友对过去的事情 |
[14:02] | just can’t let bygones be bygones. Especially it sounds like this. | 还是锱铢必较 尤其是这种小事儿 |
[14:06] | I don’t know what else to do, he’s just so damned stubborn. | 我不知道还能怎么办 他就是这么固执 |
[14:09] | Well, maybe if I had a go at it. | 也许应该让我试试 |
[14:11] | You know in the past year and a half | 你要知道 经过这一年半的时间 |
[14:13] | I’ve come to have a pretty good understanding of | 我已经相当了解 |
[14:14] | how the Crane mind works. | Crane家脑袋是怎样运转的 |
[14:17] | When it works. | 也要真的能正常运转 |
[14:20] | Mr Crane, about your partner… | Crane先生 关于你的老搭档 |
[14:22] | I don’t want to talk about it anymore. | 我不想再谈论这事儿了 |
[14:25] | No, no, I just wanted to tell you I’m on your side. | 不 不 我只是想说我是站在你那边的 |
[14:28] | After the way he treated you. I say good riddance to bad rubbish. | 他这么对你 要我说能摆脱他真是谢天谢地 |
[14:31] | Damn right. | 对极了 |
[14:33] | It’s hard to say how you could have had any good times together. | 你们在一起根本就不会有开心的时候吧 |
[14:35] | There weren’t many. Occasionally, we’d go fishing together. | 是不多 不过偶尔我们会一起去钓鱼 |
[14:40] | – That doesn’t sound a lot of fun to me. – Not the way I did it. | – 钓鱼我可不感兴趣 – 可不是嘛 |
[14:43] | But Artie got this into his head he’s gonna teach me. | 但Artie当时铁了心要教我 |
[14:46] | He even went out and bought this beaten old boat. | 他甚至买了艘破船 |
[14:50] | He always said after we retired, we’d get more use out of it. | 他总说我们退休之后 会有机会用它的 |
[14:53] | Yeah, well, it seems awfully pushy of him to foist his interests on you. | 把他的兴趣强加在你身上 真是强人所难啊 |
[14:57] | Oh, it wasn’t so bad. I remember one time I bust my hump | 也没那么糟啦 我记得有一次我使出全身的劲儿 |
[15:01] | reeling in what turned out to be someone’s old bedroom slipper. | 结果就钓上来一只破拖鞋 |
[15:05] | You know what Artie did? | 你猜Artie怎么着 |
[15:06] | Just unhooked it and threw it right on the barbecue. | 从鱼钩上解下来 直接扔到烤肉架上 |
[15:10] | Oh, I guess maybe he wasn’t such a bad guy after all. | 看来他也不是那么坏嘛 |
[15:17] | You know, maybe you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[15:20] | I listen to myself talking and I sound like a big fool. | 我听自己讲的话 觉得像个傻瓜 |
[15:24] | Thanks, Daphne. You really opened my eyes. | 谢谢 Daphne 你真的帮我看清了事实 |
[15:26] | I thought I might. | 我想也是 |
[15:28] | Yeah, I’m gonna march right down to that hospital, | 我这就马不停蹄地赶往医院 |
[15:31] | buy him a big stuffed animal, | 给他买个大玩偶 |
[15:33] | and throw my arms around him and never ever let him go. | 张开双臂将他拥入怀中永不放开 |
[15:41] | You really are a hateful old sod, aren’t you? | 你真是个讨厌的老家伙 |
[15:45] | Come on, Eddie! Time for your walk. | 来吧 Eddie 散步时间到 |
[15:50] | Hello? Yes, it is. | 喂 是的 我是 |
[15:54] | Oh I, I see. | 我知道了 |
[15:57] | Yes… I guess it isn’t really a shock, considering. | 是啊 老实说 这样的情况也不算太惊讶 |
[16:01] | Yes. I’m sure they did everything they could. | 是的 我肯定他们已经尽了全力 |
[16:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[16:09] | – Who was that? – We can talk about it later, Dad. | – 谁打来的 – 我们可以晚点儿再谈 老爸 |
[16:16] | – Is everything OK? – Why do you ask? | – 一切都还好么 – 你为什么要问呢 |
[16:20] | Well, I don’t know. I hear you say “I’m sorry”, | 我不清楚 我听见你说”我很遗憾” |
[16:22] | and stuff like “I’m sure you did everything you could”. | 还有类似”我肯定你们已经尽力了”的话 |
[16:24] | It’s natural to be concerned. | 担心一下是很自然的事 |
[16:26] | – You thought the call was about Artie, didn’t you? – No! | – 你以为那通电话是关于Artie的 是吧 – 才不是 |
[16:28] | – Yes, you did. – So what if I did? | – 是 你就是 – 就算是又怎么样 |
[16:31] | Well, It just proves my point, you still care about him. | 那就证实了我的观点 你还关心他 |
[16:33] | All right, suppose I do care about him. | 好吧 假设我确实还关心他 |
[16:35] | suppose I do feel bad about this stupid fight | 假设我真的觉得我俩的争执愚蠢之极 |
[16:37] | and want it over. | 希望可以尽快和解 |
[16:38] | What the hell can I do? | 那我又能怎么办呢 |
[16:40] | That’s up to you. | 这取决于你了 |
[16:41] | If you like, I could drive you down to the hospital. | 如果你愿意的话 我可以开车送你到医院 |
[16:46] | I don’t need you to lead me. I can drive myself. | 我不需要你送我 我可以自己开车 |
[16:50] | – No, you can’t. – Why not? | – 不 你不能 – 为什么 |
[16:51] | That was your mechanic. Your transmission’s dead. | 刚才是你的修车工打来的 你的变速器坏了 |
[17:12] | – Artie… – Oh, Jeez! | – Artie – 不是吧 |
[17:15] | Oh, now look. You guys got off on the wrong foot… | 听着 你俩只是因为小事斗气 |
[17:17] | All right, Frasier. I’ll handle this. | 没关系 Frasier 让我自己处理吧 |
[17:23] | Artie Artie… | |
[17:28] | – Will you turn the TV off? – I’ll turn it down. | – 你能把电视关上吗 – 我会关小点儿声 |
[17:35] | Listen, Artie, I’m… | 听着 Artie 我 |
[17:38] | I’m sorry about some of those things I said earlier, OK? | 我为之前说过的话向你道歉 好吗 |
[17:42] | Maybe all of them. | 也许是全部的话 |
[17:44] | I guess I’m still a little steamed that you never came to see me in hospital. | 你一直没来医院看我 我多少有点生气 |
[17:48] | I didn’t come by because I just didn’t think you’d want see me. | 我没来是因为我以为你不想见到我 |
[17:52] | Of course I wanted to see you! | 我当然想见你 |
[17:55] | – That’s what my wife said. – Oh, yeah. Loretta. | – 我老婆也这么说 – 对耶 Loretta |
[18:10] | Anyway, it’s nice of you to come by. | 不管怎么说 谢谢你能来看我 |
[18:13] | And I know it’s not easy, | 我知道这并不容易 |
[18:14] | especially for someone as stubborn as you are. | 尤其对于像你这么固执的人来说 |
[18:16] | Me stubborn? | 我固执 |
[18:17] | Hey, listen, pal. I’m not the one who always has to have the last… | 嘿 听着 伙计 每次都抢着说最后一句的可不是我 |
[18:23] | No, you’re right, Artie. I am stubborn. | 你说得对 Artie 我确实很固执 |
[18:28] | – And it wasn’t easy. – Thanks, Martin. | – 这么做真的不容易 – 谢谢你 Martin |
[18:32] | Listen, Artie and I have a couple of things to talk about, | 听着 我和Artie有些话要谈谈 |
[18:35] | so, you know, if you’ll… you’ll just wait outside, it’ll be a lot easier. | 所以 如果你在外面等等的话 我们会方便很多 |
[18:39] | No problem, Dad. Anything I could said right now would just be irrelevant. | 没问题 老爸 反正我现在说什么都是无关紧要的 |
[18:42] | One thing you learn as a therapist is that | 作为一名心理专家 我很清楚 |
[18:43] | once things are working well between people, | 一旦别人的问题解决了 |
[18:45] | anything else you can say would be just unnecessary… | 我说什么话 都变成了多余 |
[18:53] | So, what’s a rotten old cop like you doing in a joint like this? | 像你这么个老警在这烂地方干嘛 |
[18:56] | Believe me, it wasn’t my idea. | 相信我 这不是我的主意 |
[18:58] | This is not how I expect things to end. | 我也不想我的生命在这里结束 |
[19:01] | What are you talking about, end? | 你说什么呢 结束 |
[19:02] | You’re going to be out on the street raising hell before you know it. | 过不了多久你就能回到大街上无法无天啦 |
[19:05] | I don’t know, Martin. | 难说 Martin |
[19:06] | the doctors aren’t exactly tossing their hats up in the air over this one. | 医生好像没有为我开心地扔帽子阿 |
[19:09] | Hey, my sons are doctors. They don’t know nothing. | 嘿 我俩儿子都是医生 他们屁都不懂 |
[19:13] | Now, listen, you’re going to get yourself out of here, okay? | 你得加油离开这儿 好吗 |
[19:16] | Because we’ve got a lot of lost time to make up for. | 因为我们有大把浪费的时间要弥补呢 |
[19:20] | – Hey, do you still have that stupid boat? – Oh, yeah. I hung on to it. | – 那条破船你还留着哪 – 是啊 还留着呢 |
[19:24] | Yeah, We’ll sink that damn thing yet. | 我们得沉了那该死的东西 |
[19:28] | Hey, Artie, remember the time you barbecued the bedroom slipper? | 嘿 Artie 记得那次你把拖鞋给烤了吗 |
[19:32] | I kept telling you, | 我不是一直说嘛 |
[19:34] | stuff always tastes better when you catch it yourself. | 自己钓上来的东西永远是最好吃的 |
[19:42] | Frasier, what are you doing here? | Frasier 你在这儿干嘛呢 |
[19:44] | Oh, I finally got Dad and Artie Walsh talking again. | 我终于让老爸和Artie Walsh重新开口说话了 |
[19:48] | Of course I did have to resort to | 当然了 我迫不得已用了一些 |
[19:50] | cheap, manipulative pseudo-psychology. | 低劣操纵他人的伪心理学 |
[19:52] | Always go to your strengths. | 学以致用嘛 |
[19:58] | Well, what about you? Looks like you’ve bought out the entire gift shop. | 那你呢 看上去你把整个礼品店都买下了 |
[20:01] | Maris should be pleased. | Maris应该相当高兴啊 |
[20:03] | Oh, this isn’t for Maris. It’s for her nurses. | 这不是给Maris买的 是给她的护士们买的 |
[20:07] | They’re having a meeting right now to discuss her care | 她们正在开会议讨论她的护理问题 |
[20:10] | and from what people tell me a hospital strikes can be ugly. | 听说医院罢工的下场可能会非常惨烈 |
[20:15] | – Visiting hours are over, gentlemen. – Oh, thank you. I’ll go round up Dad. | – 探望时间结束了 先生们 – 哦 谢谢 我去找老爸了 |
[20:19] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[20:22] | Do you work on my wife’s floor, Mrs Maris Crane? | 你是在我妻子Maris Crane的那个楼层工作吗 |
[20:26] | Yes, I do. | 是的 |
[20:28] | I’d like you to have these chocolates. | 我希望您收下这些巧克力 |
[20:32] | I’m on the night shift. | 我值夜班 |
[20:34] | And this lovely watch. | 还有这块好看的表 |
[20:45] | Dad, it’s time to go. | 爸 该走了 |
[20:47] | What? You get another phone call about your dad’s transmission? | 怎么了 又有人打电话给你说变速器坏了吗 |
[20:52] | – Your dad told me about that. – Well, all I was doing was… | – 你老爸告诉我了 – 我只是想 |
[20:56] | Yeah, yeah… I know what you were doing. Thanks, kid. | 是啊 是啊 我知道你在做什么 多谢了 孩子 |
[21:00] | – See you soon. – Sure. | – 回见 – 当然 |
[21:04] | OK, now we’ve got a deal, alright? | 那我们说好了 |
[21:07] | As soon as you get sprung from this joint, | 等你出了这烂地方 |
[21:08] | you’ve got to give me some serious fishing lessons. | 你得好好教教我钓鱼 |
[21:10] | – lf I get out. – When you get out. | – 如果我能出去 – 等你出去时 |
[21:13] | You can’t have the last word on this one. | 这次最后一句话不能让给你 |
[21:18] | – See you, Marty. – See you, Art. | – 再见 Marty – 再见 Art |
[21:21] | – Bye. – Bye. | – 拜 – 拜 |
[21:22] | Take care. | 保重 |
[21:26] | Take care. | 保重 |
[21:28] | Stay loose! | 放松心态 |
[21:36] | See you, Artie! | 回见 Artie |
[22:00] | See you, Marty. | 回见 Marty |