时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Ah, yes, another beautiful Saturday night. | 是的 又一个美丽的周六晚上 |
[00:14] | The moon is full. The city lights are twinkling. | 月亮是圆的 城市夜灯在闪闪发亮 |
[00:18] | Lovers steal kisses in the park. | 情侣在公园里偷偷接吻 |
[00:22] | And here… | 而在这里 |
[00:25] | …chez Crane… | Crane宅中 |
[00:28] | …my father and his assistant sit hunched | 我的父亲和他的助手伏首坐在 |
[00:30] | over 20-year-old photographs of a murdered hooker. | 20年前一堆被谋杀妓女的旧照片上 |
[00:36] | Life is a banquet. | 生活就是一场盛宴 |
[00:39] | I enjoy looking at your father’s old case. | 我很享受看你父亲这件旧案子 |
[00:41] | Just because you have no plans tonight, | 就因为你今晚没有任何计划 |
[00:43] | don’t spoil our harmless fun. | 不要扫了我们无伤大雅的兴致 |
[00:46] | You know there is nothing we Brits like better than | 你知道没有比一场恐怖的谋杀以及一杯热茶 |
[00:48] | a grisly murder and a nice hot cup of tea. | 更让我们Brits家的人喜欢了 |
[00:51] | Uh ,listen Daphne, | 额 听着 Daphne |
[00:52] | I got a lot of work to do here, so if you don’t mind… | 我这儿还有很多工作要做 要是你不介意的话 |
[00:54] | Oh, excuse me. I didn’t know I was bothering you. | 哦 真不好意思 我没意识到自己打扰到您了 |
[00:57] | Oh ,I am sorry. It’s this damn case. | 哦 对不起 是这个该死的案子 |
[01:00] | I feel like the answer to who murdered | 我感觉是谁杀害了Helen的答案 |
[01:02] | Helen is right here. I just can’t see it. | 明明就在这堆照片里面 我却看不见 |
[01:05] | Dad, you’re obsessing. | 老爸 你入迷了 |
[01:06] | You stare at these grisly pictures day after day, night after night. | 没日没夜地盯着这些可怕的照片 |
[01:10] | Come on, why don’t we come out and see a movie? | 来吧 我们出去看场电影 |
[01:12] | – No. Thanks. – Let’s go and get a pizza. | – 不了 谢谢 – 那我们去吃披萨 |
[01:14] | – Nah. – Let’s get tattooed. | -不 – 那我们去纹身 |
[01:17] | Oh! This is ridiculous! | 哦 这太荒唐了 |
[01:20] | It’s a beautiful night and I am not going to miss it. | 这么美好的一个夜晚 我可不要就这样荒废掉 |
[01:22] | I’m going to go out and take a nice long walk. | 我要出去散步 |
[01:24] | And I’m not going by myself. | 并且绝不孤身一人 |
[01:32] | He likes the rhododendrons on the north side of the park. | 他喜欢公园北边的杜鹃花 |
[01:40] | ‘And I, I just wanted to thank you, Dr Crane, | ‘我只是想感谢你 Crane医生 |
[01:42] | Because of your advice. I’ve conquered my fear of heights. | 因为它们 我已经克服了恐高症 |
[01:46] | I, I take it slowly, gradually going higher and higher, | 我一步一步 慢慢地 走得越来越高 |
[01:50] | until here I am right now, | 直到现在我身处的地方 |
[01:52] | having lunch at the top of the Space Needle!’ | 在太空针塔楼顶吃着午餐’ |
[01:55] | Marjorie, congratulations. I’m so proud of you. | Marjorie 恭喜你 我为你感到很骄傲 |
[01:57] | ‘I mean when I think of how I…’ | ‘我是说想到我’ |
[02:02] | – God, what’s wrong? What happened? – ‘I just looked down.’ | – 上帝 怎么了 发生什么事了 – ‘我往下看了’ |
[02:05] | Well, don’t do that. Look at your luncheon | 不要往下看 看看你的午餐 |
[02:08] | companions or your menu, but don’t look down. | 同伴或者菜单 但别往下看 |
[02:11] | You’re only feeding your fears when you do that. | 要不你只会让自己更加害怕 |
[02:13] | ‘Maybe I wasn’t ready for a window table.’ | ‘也许我还没准备好坐在靠窗的桌子’ |
[02:16] | No, no, no. Of course you are, of course you are. You can beat this thing. | 不 不 不 你当然准备好了 你可以战胜这恐惧的 |
[02:20] | ‘You’re right. I can, | ‘你说得对 我可以战胜恐惧 |
[02:22] | Dr Crane, if I just… Ah’ | Crane医生 我只需要 啊’ |
[02:25] | – Do not look down! – ‘No, I didn’t. | -不要往下看 – 不 我没有往下看 |
[02:28] | My check just came.’ | 我的账单来了’ |
[02:34] | Oh ,Well, Marjorie, we’re just about out of time now. | 哦 Marjorie 我们没有时间了 |
[02:37] | Call me tomorrow, will you? | 明天打给我 好吗 |
[02:39] | Well, that’s it for today folks. Stay tuned for Bob “Bulldog” Briscoe. | 今天就到这里 继续关注斗牛犬Bob Briscoe |
[02:43] | This is Dr Frasier Crane, | 这里是谈话电台KACL |
[02:44] | KACL 780 Talk Radio. | 780频道 Fraiser Crane医生 |
[02:48] | – Hey, Doc. – Bulldog. | – 嘿 医生 – Bulldog |
[02:50] | I caught the first hour of your show today. | 我听见今天你节目的头一个小时 |
[02:53] | If that chick whining about sexual assault called my show, I’d say, | 要是那妞儿再因为性骚扰打进节目里 我就说 |
[02:57] | “Listen doll, you don’t want people snapping your bra, don’t wear one.” | “听着美女 你要是不想让人家揪你的胸罩 别戴啊” |
[03:03] | Brilliant in its simplicity. | 一切从简啊 |
[03:07] | Hey, how’s this sound, hardbody? | 嘿 这怎么样 健美员 |
[03:09] | You, me, Sonics, Nicks, tonight? | 你和我 今晚超音速队对尼克队 |
[03:13] | Sorry Bulldog, but I’m already going. I have season tickets. | 对不起了Bulldog 我要自己去 我有季度票 |
[03:16] | Oh, we can still get together afterwards. | 哦 我们可以看完聚在一起啊 |
[03:18] | Only if I smash into your car in the parking lot. | 如果在停车场上我撞上你的车的话 |
[03:22] | Why is it the ones who want | 为什么最想要的人 |
[03:23] | it the most put up the biggest struggle? | 要设立最大的障碍呢 |
[03:27] | Because, when I do finally give in, | 因为 当我最终屈服的时候 |
[03:30] | I want us to enjoy it all the more. | 我想让我们能有更多的乐趣 |
[03:35] | And that is if I’m not distracted by | 如果我没有因为世界上所有男人 |
[03:37] | the fact that every man on earth has died. | 都死了而倍受打击的话 |
[03:43] | Almost had her there. | 差一点就勾引到她了 |
[03:46] | Yes, it could have gone either way. | 是啊 反正不是勾引到就是勾引不到 |
[03:49] | Ah, well, with my pull I can get those anytime I want. | 哈 以我的影响力什么时候想要不行啊 |
[03:52] | Hello, Frasier. | 你好 Frasier |
[03:53] | Oh, oh, Bulldog, have you met my brother Niles? | 哦 哦 Bulldog 你还没见过我弟弟Niles吧 |
[03:56] | Niles, this is Bulldog Briscoe. | Niles 这是Bulldog Briscoe |
[03:57] | Oh, oh, oh, just the man I want to talk to. | 哦 哦 正是我想问的人 |
[04:00] | As a sports expert | 作为一名运动专家 |
[04:01] | I’m sure you can tell me why none of the local media | 你肯定能告诉我为什么没有一家本地媒体 |
[04:03] | carry the Ivy League squash standings. | 报道常春藤联盟的壁球排名 |
[04:08] | Whoa! Another one just like you! | 哇 又一个和你一样臭屁的人 |
[04:12] | Some gypsy put a curse on your family? | 哪个吉普赛人给你们家下咒了吧 |
[04:16] | – Well, I gotta run, see you later, Miles. – It’s, it’s Niles. | – 我得走了 回见 Miles – 我叫Niles |
[04:21] | Like it matters. | 就跟多重要似的 |
[04:26] | Well. You ready for our boys’ night out at Le Cochon Noir? | 准备好我们在”黑猪”的男孩之夜了吗 |
[04:33] | Yes. But Niles, I’ve been wondering. | 是的 但是Niles 我在想 |
[04:36] | Would you mind if I asked Dad to join us? | 你介意我叫老爸加入我们吗 |
[04:40] | Remember the last time we took Dad to a four-star restaurant, | 记得上次我们带老爸去一家四星级餐厅 |
[04:42] | he had a miserable time and the restaurant lost a whole star. | 他很不开心而且餐厅还掉了一颗星 |
[04:47] | Yes, it’s just I’m trying desperately to find some way | 是 我只是急切地想找到个方法 |
[04:49] | to get him out of the house. | 让他离开那房子 |
[04:50] | He’s off on one of his “Weeping Lotus” binges again. | 他又开始自己那”忧伤莲花”派对了 |
[04:53] | We’ve tried distracting him before. | 我们以前试过让他分心 |
[04:54] | We’ve taken him everywhere from the Arboretum to the Zen Garden. | 从植物园的禅宗花园带他去了个遍 |
[04:58] | Wait a minute, the Zen Garden is at the Arboretum. | 等一下 禅宗花园是在植物园里面的 |
[05:01] | Good lord, is it possible we’ve only taken him one place? | 老天爷 有没有可能我们只带他去过一个地方 |
[05:05] | Oh, Niles, Niles, this is it, this is it. The basketball game! | 哦 Niles Niles 就是它了 就是它了 篮球比赛 |
[05:08] | Basketball? | 篮球比赛 |
[05:10] | Yes, yes. I can get another ticket from the promotional department. | 是的 是的 我可以从推广部门再搞到一张票 |
[05:12] | Oh, this is perfect. Just imagine how excited Dad | 哦 这真是太棒了 试想一下和他的两个儿子 |
[05:15] | will be to go to a game with his two sons. | 一起去看比赛 老爸会有多兴奋 |
[05:17] | My God. It’s the archetypal male bonding ritual. | 老天 这可是典型的男子情谊例行仪式 |
[05:20] | Couldn’t we just go into the woods, | 我们就不能直接进树林 |
[05:21] | kill something and have done with it? | 随便杀点儿什么就此了结么 |
[05:25] | – All right. – Come on Niles, look, | – 好吧 – 好了Niles |
[05:26] | it’ll give you a chance to see the Tacoma Dome. | 这还让你有机会看塔科马圆顶体育馆呢 |
[05:29] | I’ve already seen it. They had a home show there, once. | 我已经看过了 那里举办过一次家具展 |
[05:31] | You know, that’s where I got that idea | 就在那次我想到了 |
[05:33] | to stencil a grape arbor on our Wilkes dresser. | 在我们威尔克斯梳妆台上印葡萄藤图案的主意 |
[05:36] | I’m a teamster compared to you. | 跟你相比 我就是只赶牛的 |
[05:42] | Peanuts! Peanuts here, peanuts! | 花生 卖花生喽 花生 |
[05:49] | Niles, the game’s that way! | Niles 比赛在那边 |
[05:51] | I know, I’m just calculating | 我知道 我只是在计算 |
[05:52] | our escape routes in case of fire or urban unrest. | 我们的逃生路线以免火灾或者城市动乱的发生 |
[05:57] | – Maris taught me. – You love her, don’t you? | – Maris教我这样做的 – 你爱她 是吗 |
[05:59] | Yes, I do. Why? | 是的 我很爱她 为什么这样问 |
[06:01] | It just helps to know that. | 知道这一点对我很有帮助 |
[06:03] | Here we are. One beer and two glasses of wine. | 好了 一罐啤酒和两杯葡萄酒 |
[06:09] | I’m sure it’s good, Niles. They opened a fresh box when they poured it. | 我肯定它们很好喝 他们开了一箱新的倒给我们 |
[06:12] | What are you guys doing drinking wine at a ball game? | 你们看球赛的时候喝什么葡萄酒啊 |
[06:15] | You ought to be drinking beer. | 应该喝啤酒的 |
[06:16] | Dad, I only drink beer | 老爸 我只在吃德国菜的时候 |
[06:17] | when I eat German food, which is to say, never! | 才喝啤酒 也就是说我从来不喝啤酒 |
[06:22] | Did you notice where the facilities are when you were up? | 你起来的时候有注意到公共设施都在哪儿吗 |
[06:24] | Yes, Niles, it’s just as you feared: communal urinals are in the mens room. | 是的 Niles 正是你害怕的 男厕中都是公共便池 |
[06:27] | Oh, fine. What am I supposed to do about my shy kidneys? | 哦 好吧 我该拿我那对害羞的肾怎么办呢 |
[06:32] | – So, Dad, aren’t these great seats, huh? – Yeah. | – 老爸 这座位不错吧 – 是啊 |
[06:35] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么啦 |
[06:36] | Uh, nothing. Let me borrow me your pen a minute, will you? | 没事 把你的笔借我用一下 行么 |
[06:39] | What for? | 做什么 |
[06:40] | Well, I was thinking about that ballistics report | 我在想着那份弹道报告 |
[06:42] | and I just want to make a note so I won’t forget it. | 想记下笔记以免忘记 |
[06:43] | Dad, the whole idea of coming here tonight | 老爸 我们今晚来这儿看比赛 |
[06:45] | was to get your mind off the case. | 就是不让你再想这案子 |
[06:47] | Listen,I’ve done some reading. It seems the key for the Sonics | 听着 我做了些功课 超音速队要赢的关键就是 |
[06:51] | is to stop Starks from penetrating and dumping the ball off for easy baskets. | 阻止斯塔克斯从中穿过并轻松灌篮 |
[06:56] | “Stop Starks”? That sounds funny: | “阻止斯塔克斯” 听起来好搞笑 |
[06:58] | stop Starts, stop Starts, stopstarts, stopstarts… | 阻止屎达斯 阻止屎达斯 阻止屎达斯 阻止屎达斯 |
[07:00] | Oh, shut up, Niles! | 哦 闭嘴吧你 Niles |
[07:04] | It makes no sense! | 这没道理啊 |
[07:05] | Well, Dad, it is not my theory, | 老爸 这不是我总结的 |
[07:06] | I’m just quoting some sports writing. | 我只不过引用了一段体育新闻写作 |
[07:08] | No, I mean Helen. She was tall. She was five feet seven, yet | 不 我是说Helen 她很高的 有五英尺七 但 |
[07:11] | the bullet entered on a downward trajectory. | 子弹却是以向下的轨迹进入她身体的 |
[07:13] | Dad, please try to participate. Ooh, look, they’re starting the wave! | 老爸 投入一点好嘛 哦 快看 人浪开始了 |
[07:16] | Ooh… oh, it’s coming this way! It’s coming this way! | 哦 哦 过来了 过来了 |
[07:22] | That was fun, wasn’t it? Oh, look, there’s a peanut guy. Peanut! | 真有趣 对吧 哦 看 那里有个卖花生的 买花生 |
[07:28] | How dare you? | 你怎么敢 |
[07:29] | Niles… Stop it! | Niles 不要 |
[07:34] | That hooligan is pelting me with peanuts! | 这个无赖竟然向我丢花生 |
[07:35] | From the look of that tray, he’s come prepared! | 看那托盘的样子 他是有备而来的 |
[07:38] | Stop it! That is for me! | 停止 这是给我的 |
[07:41] | I gotta go make a call. | 我得去打个电话 |
[07:42] | Oh, Dad, this isn’t about the case, is it? | 老爸 不是又关于那件案子的吧 |
[07:44] | – Yeah. – Well, Dad, look, you’ve been working on it for twenty years. | – 是的 – 听着 老爸 你已经研究这案子20年了 |
[07:47] | How come you’re so obsessed now? | 怎么现在会那么痴迷 |
[07:49] | Look, when Helen was murdered, I made a promise to her mother, | 是这样 Helen被谋杀时 我许诺过她母亲 |
[07:52] | I said that no matter how long it took, I’d find the killer. | 不论花费多长的时间 我一定会找出那个凶手 |
[07:55] | Well, I had a call from her last week, | 上星期我接到她的电话 |
[07:57] | and she’s an old lady now, living in a home somewhere and, | 她现在年事已高 住在某个地方的一家养老院里 |
[08:01] | I don’t know, she just doesn’t seem to have a lot longer to go, | 我也不确定 只是她好像将要不久于人世 |
[08:03] | and it just kind of lit a fire under me to get this thing solved. | 这让我加快破案的步伐 |
[08:07] | So, I appreciate your | 所以 尽管我很感激 |
[08:08] | bringing me here, | 你们带我来看球赛 |
[08:09] | but I gotta make this call.I will be back in a couple of minutes. | 但我必须打这个电话 我几分钟之后就回来 |
[08:12] | OK, Dad. I understand. | 好吧 老爸 我明白了 |
[08:16] | Boy, the traffic tonight is murder. | 天啊 今晚的交通简直是塞死人的节奏 |
[08:18] | Hey, pal, what’s the score? | 嘿 伙计 得分是多少 |
[08:20] | “West Side Story”. | “西区故事” |
[08:27] | You know what’s always bugged me? This picture of the crime scene. | 你知道是什么一直烦着我吗 这张犯罪现场的照片 |
[08:31] | The way Helen’s written “Help”. Why would she do that? | Helen写下”Help”的方式 她为什么要那样写 |
[08:35] | Well, I suppose the word | 好吧 我想”你好”这个词 |
[08:37] | “Howdy” would have been a bit too cheery under the circumstances. | 在这种情况下会略显喜悦之情 |
[08:41] | But it makes no sense. | 但这没道理啊 |
[08:43] | Anybody who could read “help” in the dirt | 任何看到在泥土上”help”这个词的人 |
[08:44] | could also see Helen lying there. | 也一定能看见Helen躺在那里啊 |
[08:48] | Evening, Dad. | 晚上好 老爸 |
[08:49] | – Hey, Dad. – Hey, listen. | – 嘿 老爸 – 嘿 听着 |
[08:50] | Thanks again for the ball game, it was great. | 再次感谢你们带我去看球赛 棒极了 |
[08:52] | Oh, God. It was a pleasure, Dad. | 哦 老天 我们乐意之极 老爸 |
[08:54] | I’m only sorry that you couldn’t join us for dinner afterwards. | 只是很遗憾你不能在之后和我们共进晚餐 |
[08:57] | La Cochon Noir gave us a late seating for a fabulous dinner. | “黑猪”给我们备了一桌丰盛的晚餐 |
[09:00] | It was an exquisite meal, | 很是精致的一餐 |
[09:01] | marred only by the lack of even one outstanding cognac | 只是因为酒水单上连一款出色的干邑白兰地都没有 |
[09:05] | on their carte des digestifs . | 将这一餐毁了 |
[09:07] | Yes, but think of it this way, Niles: | 是啊 但是这样想一下 Niles |
[09:10] | What’s the one thing better than an exquisite meal? | 有什么比精致的一餐更好的呢 |
[09:14] | An exquisite meal | 有着小疵瑕的 |
[09:16] | with one tiny flaw we can pick at all night. | 精致一餐 让我们整晚挑刺儿 |
[09:21] | Ah… quite right. To impossible standards! | 啊 十分正确 敬不可达到的标准 |
[09:29] | – So, Dad, any progress on the case? – Nah, I’m beat. | – 老爸 案子上有什么进展吗 – 没有 我被它打败了 |
[09:33] | Sometimes it’s better to just get a good night’s sleep | 有时最好就是上床好好睡上一觉 |
[09:36] | and start fresh in the morning. | 明天又是一个新的开始 |
[09:37] | – Good night, fellas. – Night, Dad. | – 晚安喽 伙计们 – 晚安 老爸 |
[09:39] | Do not forget: brush your teeth and say your prayers. | 不要忘记去刷牙 还有祷告 |
[09:42] | That’s what I used to say to you guys when you were kids, didn’t I? | 你们小的时候我总是对你们这么说 是吧 |
[09:46] | – No, you didn’t. – Oh. | – 不 你没有 – 哦 |
[09:50] | – I meant to. – We knew that. | – 我想说的 – 我们知道 |
[09:54] | – Hello. – Hello, Daphne! | – 你们好 – 你好啊 Daphne |
[09:56] | Oh, Daphne! | 哦 Daphne |
[09:56] | – How was your dinner? – It was fine, except for one small flaw. | – 晚餐怎么样 – 很好 除了一点儿小瑕疵 |
[09:59] | Oh, just the way you like it. | 哦 你不就喜欢这样嘛 |
[10:05] | I see you’re a bit intrigued by that yourself. | 我看你对这些有点儿好奇啊 |
[10:08] | Yes, well it’s been a while since I’ve gone over it. | 是啊 自从我看过之后一直琢磨 |
[10:10] | Who are these guys? | 这些人是谁 |
[10:11] | Oh, just some of the principal players in our little drama. | 哦 在我们的小故事里的几个重要角色 |
[10:15] | That’s Detective Shelby, the vice cop who found the body. | 那是Shelby侦探 发现尸体的副警官 |
[10:19] | Who is this menacing little monobrow? | 这个看起来很吓人的一字眉是谁 |
[10:22] | Oh, that’s Robitaille, a logger, an ex-boyfriend of Helen’s. | 哦 那是Robitaille 伐木工 Helen的前男友 |
[10:26] | He used to come down from the mountains | 每隔几个月 |
[10:27] | every couple of months and disappear with her. | 他就会下山和Helen销声匿迹 |
[10:29] | If you ask me, he’s the murderer. | 要我说 他就是那个凶手 |
[10:31] | – Impossible, he’s got an airtight alibi. – What is it? | – 不可能 他有无懈可击的不在场证明 – 是什么 |
[10:34] | He was killing somebody else at the time. | 当时他正在杀另外一个人 |
[10:39] | But you have to admit, this case has it all: | 但你必须得承认 这件案子样样都具备了 |
[10:42] | sex, greed, jealousy, revenge, a monkey, hatred, deception… | 性爱 贪婪 妒忌 复仇 猴子 仇恨 欺骗 |
[10:47] | – Wait, wait, wait! – What? | – 等 等 等一下 – 怎么了 |
[10:49] | – A monkey? – Wha… yeah. | – 猴子 – 对啊 |
[10:50] | This is a snapshot of the | 这是受害人 |
[10:52] | murder victim with her pet monkey, Koko. | 和她的宠物猴子Koko的合照 |
[10:55] | He was given to her by another boyfriend, Clive Brisbane. | 是她另外一个男朋友Clive Brisbane送给她的 |
[11:00] | – Well, why wasn’t Brisbane a suspect? – Well, he was. | – 那为什么Clive Brisbane不是嫌疑犯 – 他本来是 |
[11:03] | But several witnesses saw him at the racetrack at the time of the murder. | 但有几位目击者在案发时间看到他在赛马场 |
[11:06] | Excuse me, is that Clive Brisbane the animal trainer? | 等一下 他就是那位驯兽师Clive Brisbane吗 |
[11:08] | That’s right. “Brisbane’s Amazing Apes”. | 对的 “Brisbane的神奇猿” |
[11:11] | They opened in Las Vegas for Engelbert Humperdinck. | 它们为了英格伯特·汉普丁克在拉斯维加斯演出 |
[11:17] | Yes, it’s easy to forget there was a time | 是啊 很容易忘记曾经的拉斯维加斯 |
[11:19] | when Las Vegas wasn’t the tacky place it is now. | 也不是像现在这么俗气的地方 |
[11:24] | You know, I actually caught Brisbane’s act on a trip | 要知道 我曾在大学时去往拉斯维加斯的旅行 |
[11:26] | to Las Vegas during college. | 当中看到过Brisbane的表演 |
[11:28] | Those apes were amazing! | 那些猿猴们实在太惊人了 |
[11:30] | One minute. They’d be staging a living tableau | 这一分钟 他们还在表演乔治·华盛顿 |
[11:33] | of George Washington crossing the Delaware | 横穿特拉华州的情景 |
[11:35] | the next they’d be shotting suction-cup | 下一秒他们却开始 |
[11:37] | arrows at Brisbane’s lovely assistant’s derrire. | 向Brisbane助手美丽的屁股上射吸盘箭了 |
[11:45] | You know… | 你知道 |
[11:45] | there is a way that Brisbane could be the killer | Brisbane即使有赛马场的不在场证明支持着 |
[11:51] | and still have his horse track alibi hold up. | 他也有可能是凶手 |
[11:54] | Daphne Niles Daphne, Niles… | |
[11:57] | I present you with… the killer! | 让我呈现给你们 凶手 |
[12:06] | – A monkey was the trigger man? – Just play along with me here. | – 猴子是开枪的人 – 跟着我的思路想一下 |
[12:09] | They are capable of shooting arrows. Why not a gun? | 它们可以射箭 为什么不能开枪 |
[12:13] | – But why would Brisbane have her killed? – Because, because… | – 但为什么Brisbane要杀了她 -因为 因为 |
[12:19] | – She jilted him for someone else! – Robitaille, the logger! | – 她为了另一个人抛弃了他 – Robitaille 伐木工 |
[12:22] | Exactly! My God! We’ve done it! | 没错 老天爷 我们做到了 |
[12:24] | No, you’ve done it, Dr.Crane! | 不 是你做到了 Crane医生 |
[12:26] | Well yes, but you were standing very close by. | 是啊 不过反正你站得也很近 |
[12:29] | Wait a minute. Are we saying here | 等一下 我们这里说的是 |
[12:32] | that a murder was committed by a monkey? | 一场由猴子犯的凶杀案 |
[12:36] | It’s not so very farfetched! | 也不是非常牵强附会 |
[12:40] | It could be Brisbane’s diabolical homage to the Edgar Allan Poe | 这可能是Brisbane对埃德加·爱伦·坡的故事 |
[12:43] | story “Murders in the Rue Morgue”. | “莫尔格街谋杀案”的残酷致敬 |
[12:45] | It’s all about an orangutan | 讲的就是一个大猩猩 |
[12:46] | who goes about the rooftops of Paris murdering people. | 跑到巴黎屋顶上到处杀人 |
[12:49] | Wait till we tell Dad his case has finally been solved. Dad! Dad! | 等我告诉老爸他的案子终于被解决了 老爸 老爸 |
[12:52] | No, Niles, Niles, wait, wait! It’s still just a theory. | 别 Niles Niles 等等 这还只是个理论 |
[12:56] | Even if we are right, just think how Dad would feel, | 就算我们是对的 想一下老爸会有何感受 |
[12:58] | knowing we’ve cracked a case he couldn’t solve in 20 years? | 我们破解了他20年都解决不了的案子 |
[13:02] | Oh, dear. You’re right. | 天啊 你是对的 |
[13:05] | Wait! It’s merely serendipity that | 等一下 我是无意当中 |
[13:07] | I stumbled into this. Why can’t it happen again? | 破解了这案子的 为什么不能再发生一次呢 |
[13:10] | I’ll simply rearrange the photos in a way so that Dad will see the connection. | 我只需重新排列好照片让老爸看到其中的关联 |
[13:15] | All right, we’ve got Koko, the gun and…Helen. | 好吧 这是Koko 枪 还有Helen |
[13:20] | What is it? Oh, no, hey, Frasier! What are you doing over there? | 怎么回事 哦 嘿 Frasier 你在那边捣鼓什么 |
[13:24] | Sorry Dad. | 抱歉 老爸 |
[13:25] | No, no, no. I got these all set out the way I want them. | 不 不 这些照片都是按照我需要的方式排列好的 |
[13:29] | This one goes up… | 这一张在上面 |
[13:33] | I’ll be damned! | 我了个去 |
[13:37] | Something wrong? | 有什么不对吗 |
[13:40] | – Look at that! – What? | – 快看 – 看什么 |
[13:44] | Well, I never thought it would just leap out and bite me like this. | 我从来没想过答案会这样自己跳到我面前 |
[13:48] | I think I may have solved this pain in the ass case. | 我想我可能已经破解了这个天杀的案子 |
[13:51] | – You have? – Dad, Dad, that’s wonderful news! | – 是嘛 – 老爸 老爸 这可是大好新闻哪 |
[13:53] | Oh, no, no. Don’t get too excited. I mean, this is kind of farfetched. | 哦 别高兴得太早 还是有点儿牵强 |
[13:57] | I mean, it’s a long shot, but, it’s beginning to make sense to me. | 虽然机会渺茫 但总算是有些眉目了 |
[14:01] | – Here, lay it all out for us. – No, no guys, please. | – 来 告诉我们吧 – 不 不 伙计们 拜托了 |
[14:03] | Just give me a little privacy, will ya? I just gotta do some thinking. | 给我留点儿隐私 行不 我得思考一下 |
[14:06] | – No problem, Dad. – I was just going to bed myself. Night, all. | – 没问题 老爸 – 我正要上床睡觉 大家晚安 |
[14:10] | Good night, Daphne. | 晚安 Daphne |
[14:13] | Oh, look at him .Do you see the sparkle in his eye? | 哦 看看他 看到他眼睛里闪烁的火花了吗 |
[14:16] | Oh, Fraiser, he’s like a little kid at Christmas. | 哦 Frasier 他就像一个过圣诞的小孩儿 |
[14:18] | Oh, geez, what happened to my entry wound close-ups? | 哦 老天 我的射入伤特写照片跑哪儿去了 |
[14:22] | Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la | 啦 啦 啦 啦 啦 啦 |
[14:32] | – Hello, Daphne. – Hello. | – 你好 Daphne – 你好啊 |
[14:34] | – Is Dad home? – Nope. | – 老爸在吗 – 不 |
[14:34] | I haven’t seen him since he knocked me up early this morning. | 自从今早他搞大我肚子我再也没有见过他了 |
[14:50] | – What? – Knocked me up. Woke me up. | – 什么 – 搞大我肚子 叫醒我 |
[14:54] | It’s an English expression. What does it mean here? | 这是英式英语的表达 在这里它代表什么 |
[15:00] | Oh, something else. | 哦 其他意思 |
[15:02] | You’d definitely be awake for it, though. | 不过你可必须对此留意 |
[15:09] | He was headed down to the station house to present his theory. | 他去了警局发表他的理论 |
[15:12] | Oh, dear God, I wish he hadn’t done that. | 哦 老天爷 真希望他没去 |
[15:14] | You, know, I’ve been turning it over in my mind all day. | 一整天我都在反复考虑这事 |
[15:17] | The more I think about it, the goofier it sounds. | 我越想 它越傻 |
[15:21] | I mean, a monkey! Oh, let’s just hope | 我是说 一只猴子 咱们只能希望 |
[15:24] | they didn’t laugh him out of the station, | 整个警局不要笑翻他 |
[15:25] | be one hell of way to end a 30-year police career. | 作为30年警察事业的收尾 |
[15:28] | Oh, now, now, Dr Crane. | 哦 好了 好了 Crane医生 |
[15:30] | It’s not the most outlandish theory in the world. | 这又不是世界上最奇怪的理论 |
[15:34] | You’re right. I could have said it was a trained giraffe. | 说得对 我还没说是一只受过训练的长颈鹿干的呢 |
[15:39] | I suppose it killed her by spitting a bullet at her, | 我猜它是冲她吐子弹杀死她的 |
[15:42] | thus explaining the downward trajectory. | 这样就解释了为什么子弹轨迹是向下的 |
[15:48] | – Hey, guys. – Hello. | – 嘿 伙计们 – 好啊 |
[15:50] | – Hi, Dad. | – 嗨 老爸 |
[15:50] | I don’t suppose we’ve heard anything from the station house yet, huh? | 我想警局那边还没有什么消息呢吧 |
[15:53] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[15:54] | I was afraid of that. I mean I knew my theory was a bit iffy, | 我就怕会这样 我知道我的理论有点儿悬乎 |
[15:58] | but when I told the guys, | 但当我告诉他们的时候 |
[16:00] | they looked at me like I’d lost my mind. | 他们看着我就好像我疯了一样 |
[16:02] | – Geez, they didn’t ridicule you, did they, Dad? – Oh ,no. | – 老天 他们没奚落你吧 老爸 – 哦 没有 |
[16:05] | They always treat old-timers with respect. | 他们对待老前辈还总是很尊重的 |
[16:08] | They said, “I’ll check it out”, | 他们说”我会查查看” |
[16:10] | just like I used to when some | 就好像我以前遇到 |
[16:12] | nutbag’d come in there with aluminium foil in his hat, | 某个帽子里装着铝片的疯子进来 |
[16:15] | claiming the Martians were trying to steal his brainwaves. | 声称火星人要盗取他的脑电波一样 |
[16:21] | I’m sorry, Mr.Crane. | 我很遗憾 Crane先生 |
[16:22] | Oh, I don’t know what I was thinking of. | 哦 真不知道我是怎么想的 |
[16:24] | I’ve been walking around all afternoon just trying to figure | 我走来走去一个下午就想出了 |
[16:28] | out how I came up with such a half-assed theory. | 这么一个半吊子理论 |
[16:30] | Dad… It wasn’t your fault. I did it. | 老爸 这不是你的错 是我干的 |
[16:37] | You killed her? | 你杀了她 |
[16:42] | No, but I did plant that ridiculous idea in your head. | 不 但是是我把那荒谬的想法植入你脑袋中的 |
[16:46] | Remember last night when you came in, | 还记得你昨晚进来的时候 |
[16:47] | so upset that I was rearranging your pictures? | 看到我重新摆弄你的照片很生气吗 |
[16:50] | Well, I rearranged them in a specific way so that | 我故意把它们排成那样 |
[16:53] | you would come to the same conclusion I did. | 让你得到和我一样的结论 |
[16:57] | So you had the idea first? | 所以是你首先想到的 |
[16:59] | I can’t tell you how terrible I feel. | 我无法形容自己感觉有多么糟 |
[17:02] | Ah, don’t blame yourself. You might have put the aluminum foil on my hat, | 啊 不用责备你自己 你也许把铝片放进了我帽子里 |
[17:05] | but I walked right into the station wearing it. | 但是我戴着它大摇大摆进了警局 |
[17:10] | I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[17:15] | – Oh. – Hiya, Marty. | – 哦 – 你好啊 Marty |
[17:17] | Hey, Frank! Frasier, Daphne, | 嘿 Frank Frasier Daphne, |
[17:19] | you remember Frank Hollings from the precinct. | 你们记得来自警区的Frank Hollings吧 |
[17:21] | Hey, Marty, we gotta talk. | 嘿 Marty 我们得谈一下 |
[17:23] | Oh, Frank, about that theory of mine… | 哦 Frank 关于我的那个理论 |
[17:26] | I can’t for the life of me figure what were you thinking. | 我这辈子也不知道你是怎么想的 |
[17:28] | I know, I know. | 我明白 我明白 |
[17:29] | I…I just feel so stupid, wasting your time like that. | 我觉得自己好蠢 这样浪费你的时间 |
[17:32] | It cost us a whole afternoon and five detectives’ time. | 花费了我们整个下午还有5个警官的时间 |
[17:37] | All we got to show for it is… | 最终我们的收获是 |
[17:40] | – heh, heh, we got the bastard! – I was right? | – 嘿 嘿 我们逮到那个混蛋了 – 我是对的 |
[17:43] | Hey, you don’t believe me, ask these derelicts. | 嘿 你不信我 问问这些流浪汉 |
[17:46] | – Hey! Way to go, Marty! – Good to see you. | – 嘿 好样的 Marty – 真高兴见到你 |
[17:51] | Marty, you still got it. And it only took you 20 years. | Marty 宝刀未老嘛 破这案子才花了你20年 |
[17:57] | Oh, Mr Crane, I’m so proud of you! | 哦 Crane先生 我真为你骄傲 |
[18:00] | Oh, That’s amazing. That’s… that’s wonderful! | 哦 这真是太棒了 太了不起了 |
[18:02] | Oh, that’s suede! | 哦 这可是绒面革 |
[18:05] | So Marty, how did you do it? | 那Marty 你是怎么想到的 |
[18:07] | Well, you know, for years, I thought it was Robitaille, the logger. | 多年来 我以为凶手是伐木工Robitaille |
[18:10] | And then I thought, well, maybe it was Brisbane the animal trainer, | 后来我以为凶手可能会是驯兽师Brisbane |
[18:14] | but I was wrong. | 但是我错了 |
[18:15] | How did you finally decide it was Detective Shelby? | 最后你是怎么断定凶手就是警官Shelby的 |
[18:19] | Well, you know, I kept looking at that picture, | 我不断看一张凶案照片 |
[18:21] | and that picture kept bugging me, you know? | 它一直困扰着我 |
[18:23] | Why was she trying to write “Help” in the dirt | 为什么她要在泥土里写下”Help” |
[18:25] | and then it came to me: she | 然后我突然想到 她 |
[18:27] | was trying to write the killer’s name, Shelby. | 是想写下凶手的名字 Shelby |
[18:30] | Only she must’ve died before she finished the “B” and, | 只不过还没写完”B” 她就死了 |
[18:32] | and someone must’ve kicked dirt over the “S”. | 然后一定有人踢土覆盖住了”S” |
[18:35] | Well, you nailed him all right. | 你稳稳地将他拿下了 |
[18:36] | We pulled him in for interrogation and he cracked like a nut. | 我们将他拘留审讯 他像个疯子似的崩溃了 |
[18:41] | Oh, I’m sorry I ever doubted you, | 哦 真对不起我曾经怀疑过你 |
[18:43] | but, then, you yourself were beginning to wonder | 但后来你自己也开始不确定 |
[18:45] | if a monkey could really commit a murder. | 一只猴子是否能真的犯下一桩命案 |
[18:47] | Well, I may have momentarily doubted it, | 我也许顷刻之间怀疑过 |
[18:49] | but from time to time I have to be reminded to trust my gift. | 但自始至终我都要提醒自己去相信自己的天赋 |
[18:54] | So, Dad, did you call the girl’s mother yet? | 老爸 你给女孩的母亲打电话了吗 |
[18:56] | Nah, we left that for you. After all, you were the guy who solved this thing. | 不 这项殊荣留给你啦 毕竟 是你破了这案子 |
[19:00] | Ah, well, actually, I can’t take all the credit for it, | 哎呀 事实上 这不全是我的功劳 |
[19:04] | right, Frasier? Come on, get over here. | 对吧 Frasier 过来 |
[19:06] | – Now, now, Dad… – Nah, come on, don’t be shy. I’m proud of ya! | – 别 别 老爸 – 干嘛 害什么羞 我为你骄傲 |
[19:10] | You know, I was a cop for 30 years and | 我做了30年的警察还要 |
[19:12] | it took my son with his PhD mind to crack this baby. | 靠我儿子的博士思维去破解这案子 |
[19:16] | Of course, I was standing next to him at the time. | 当然了 我当时就站在他旁边 |
[19:20] | – So, tell us about it, Frasier. – Oh, no! | – 跟我们讲讲吧 Frasier – 哦 不了 |
[19:23] | – Come on! – Well, all right, then. | – 来吧 – 好吧 好吧 |
[19:27] | I hate to toot my own horn, but, well, if it’ll make Dad happy… | 我不愿意自卖自夸 但如果能让老爸开心的话 |
[19:32] | I suppose it was my expertise in human behavior, | 我想是我对于人类行为的专业知识 |
[19:34] | combined with a lifelong enthusiasm for the Rwandan lowland gorilla | 以及对卢旺达低地大猩猩的毕生热情 |
[19:38] | that first set me thinking about the monkey. | 让我首先考虑到了猴子 |
[19:44] | – I’m not sure I’m following you. | – 我不确定我听得懂 |
[19:46] | – Perhaps I’m going too fast. I’ll go slower. | – 也许是我说得太快了 我讲慢点儿 |
[19:48] | The key was when I figured out that, if Brisbane could teach a monkey | 事情的关键是 当我想到如果Brisbane可以教猴子 |
[19:53] | to impersonate George Washington, | 去模仿乔治·华盛顿 |
[19:55] | then surely he could teach a monkey to cock a revolver, | 那理所当然的他就可以教猴子去开枪 |
[19:58] | sneak up a fire escape, lie in wait for Helen, | 悄悄走到逃生口 埋伏等待着Helen |
[20:01] | pump her full of lead and then make his getaway, | 打到她全身布满枪眼然后趁机逃走 |
[20:03] | perhaps even still wearing the revolutionary war regalia | 甚至有可能还戴着革命战争的徽章 |
[20:05] | in order to confuse any chance witnesses. | 以此来混淆任何有可能的目击证人 |
[20:10] | In fact | 事实上 |
[20:10] | – Oh, and this is… this is way out there – But geez… | – 哦 这事儿可牵扯远了 – 老天 |
[20:14] | Maybe you should check to see | 或许你应该查查当时 |
[20:16] | if there were any local bank robberies at the time | 有没有一家当地银行被抢 |
[20:18] | that were committed by a short, hairy man wearing a powdered wig. | 抢匪是一个身材矮小 戴着假发的多毛男 |
[20:25] | You think the monkey was the killer? | 你认为凶手是那只猴子 |
[20:28] | When I said I was next to him, | 当我说我站在他的旁边的时候 |
[20:31] | I was really most of the way across the room. | 我实际上是指在屋子的另外一头 |
[20:36] | – Well, wasn’t he? – No, it was Shelby. | – 难道不是他吗 – 不 是Shelby. |
[20:41] | – Who’s Shelby? – He was a vice cop. He was in love with Helen. | -谁是Shelby – 一个副警官 他爱上了Helen |
[20:46] | Oh. | 哦 |
[20:49] | Well, that was my second choice. | 好吧 那是我的第二人选 |
[20:55] | – Can I freshen anyone’s drink? – Help me out here, Frasier. | – 谁还需要什么喝的吗 – 帮我个忙 Frasier |
[21:00] | What did you think the monkey’s motive was? | 你觉得猴子的动机是什么 |
[21:04] | Jealousy? Or maybe he just did it for the insurance money? | 妒忌 或者它杀人只是为了得保险金 |
[21:09] | Hey, hey, hey. Do you think we should put a tail on that monkey? | 嘿 嘿 嘿 你觉得我们是不是应该去盯这猴子的梢 |
[21:13] | Listen, if that monkey did it, he’ll swing for this. | 听着 如果真的是那猴子做的 它会因此上绞刑架 |
[21:19] | Yes, yes, that’s all very funny. | 是啊 是啊 真搞笑 |
[21:20] | Oh, come on,Fras, you can take a joke, can’t you? | 哦 得啦 Fras 你开得起玩笑的 |
[21:23] | Well, I suppose I can, yes. | 我想是的 |
[21:25] | Oh, wait! I’ve got one! | 等一下 我想到一个 |
[21:27] | Who do you suppose the monkey will get to defend him? | 你认为猴子会找谁给他辩护 |
[21:30] | Clarence Darrow! | 克莱伦斯·丹诺 |
[21:36] | The Scopes monkey trial. | 美国猴子案件 |
[21:36] | 1925.3.23美国田纳西州颁布法令禁止在课堂上讲授“人是从低等动物进化来的” 美国公民自由联盟唆使田纳西州的物理教师斯科普斯很快以身试法, 制造了轰动整个美国乃至整个世界的历史性事件 | |
[21:40] | You know, Darwin’s theory of evolution. | 你知道的 达尔文的进化论 |
[21:43] | It was turned into a | 此案被撰写 |
[21:44] | Pulitzer prize winning novel “Inherit the Wind”. | 成为普利策得奖小说”向上帝挑战” |
[21:52] | Is that gun loaded? | 那枪上膛了吗 |