时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:22] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[00:26] | Daphne Daphne! | |
[00:30] | Anybody home? | 有人在家吗 |
[00:58] | You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain! | 你撩我心绪 你乱我心神 |
[01:02] | Too much love drives a man insane! | 爱太深沉 我已疯狂 |
[01:04] | Oh, what a thrill, just what a thrill! | 这心神的陶醉 这灵魂的颤栗 |
[01:07] | Goodness gracious, great balls of fire! | 这天赐的热情火焰 |
[01:16] | I still think you’re making too big a deal out of this. | 我还是觉得你太小题大做了 |
[01:20] | Dad, I’ve never seen Maris this angry. | 老爸 我从没见Maris这么生气过 |
[01:23] | I swear her eye was twitching like a frog in a science experiment. | 她眼睛抽搐得跟实验室的青蛙似的 |
[01:28] | Well, when your mother got mad at me, | 你老妈生我气的时候 |
[01:30] | I just grabbed her tender backwards | 我就轻轻地从后面托住她 |
[01:32] | and gave her a kiss that made her glad she was a woman. | 然后送上一个让她庆幸自己是女人的吻 |
[01:35] | I can’t do that with Maris. | 这法子没法用在Maris身上 |
[01:36] | She has a normally rigid vertebrae. She’d snap like a twig. | 她脊椎骨僵直 会像树枝一样被折断的 |
[01:42] | Let me guess. Maris has moved into the east wing again? | 让我猜猜 Maris又搬到东厢房去了 |
[01:45] | Sunday was her 40th birthday. | 周日是她四十岁生日 |
[01:46] | She said in no uncertain terms | 她坚定不移地说 |
[01:47] | she wanted no acknowledgement of whatsoever. | 她什么也不想要 |
[01:50] | And in a moment I live over and over in my dreams, I believed her! | 然后我又一次像做梦似的 相信了她 |
[01:56] | What? No gifts, no party, no nothing? | 不会吧 没礼物 没聚会 啥都没有 |
[01:58] | Say that weeping into a urmet | 埋在貂皮毛毯里哭着把这话再说一遍 |
[02:00] | lap robe and you’ve got her down perfectly. | 你就完美重现了她的反应 |
[02:03] | Why don’t you just get her a nice bottle of perfume? | 干嘛不直接给她买瓶好的香水 |
[02:05] | She gets hives. | 她会出荨麻疹 |
[02:06] | – How about candy? – Hypoglycaemic. | – 糖果呢 – 她血糖高 |
[02:09] | – Then just get her a dozen roses. – Allergic. | – 那就送一打玫瑰 – 花粉过敏 |
[02:13] | Oh, listen, Niles, why don’t you just sit her down | Niles 干嘛不和她坐下来 |
[02:14] | and have a little talk with her, tell her it was a mistake. | 好好谈谈 告诉她你错了 |
[02:16] | We all know she’s a bit touchy about her age. | 我们都知道她对自己的年龄有些过于敏感 |
[02:18] | Even though it’s not the first time she’s turned 40. | 尽管这已经不是她第一次到四十岁了 |
[02:26] | I know. I’ll throw a great big party for her this weekend. | 我知道了 这周末我给她办一个盛大派对 |
[02:29] | It would be a costume ball with a Louis XIV theme, | 一个路易十四主题的化装舞会 |
[02:33] | right down to the powdered wigs and the crushed velvet pantaloons. | 扑粉假发和拷花丝绒马裤准备登场 |
[02:37] | May I presume you’re both coming down with colds? | 我猜想你俩都身患感冒不能前往吧 |
[02:41] | And so it goes. | 不出我所料 |
[02:45] | Listen, Dad. Didn’t you find a book of mine lying around, did you? | 嘿 老爸 你有看到我的一本书吗 |
[02:48] | The station manager loaned it to me. I promised I’d returnt it today. | 电台经理借给我的 我答应今天要还回去 |
[02:50] | What is it called? | 什么书 |
[02:50] | ||
[02:53] | It’s a stunningly witty history of the English theatre. | 讲述了极其诙谐的英国戏剧历史 |
[02:57] | Oh, okay. You caught me. I got it hidden under my pillow. | 好吧 被你逮到了 我把它藏在枕头下了 |
[03:02] | Dad, you could at least try to be a little helpful. I promised I’d return it today. | 老爸 你就不能帮着找找吗 我答应今天还的 |
[03:05] | Well, ask Daphne when she comes in. | Daphne来的时候问问她 |
[03:07] | She was looking for something to put her to sleep last night. | 昨晚她在那找能助眠的东西 |
[03:10] | That book sounds like could put her into a coma! | 这本书听起来足够让她昏迷了 |
[04:28] | – Dr Crane! – Daphne! | – Crane医生 – Daphne |
[04:31] | What are you doing in my room? | 你在我房间里干什么 |
[04:32] | Well, I… I thought you were out. | 那个 我 我以为你出去了 |
[04:34] | Not that l make it happen to come in here when you’re out. | 不是我故意趁你不在溜进来 |
[04:37] | It’s just… I thought… Well, | 只不过 我想 那个 |
[04:39] | I came in to get my… my book. Which I have, you see. | 进来拿我的 我的书 你看 |
[04:44] | Well, we’ll just be going. | 我们正要离开呢 |
[04:46] | Me and my book. See Frasier go. | 我和我的书 看 Frasier走了 |
[04:53] | Nadia, you tell Mrs Crane I want to speak to her | Nadia 你告诉Crane夫人我要和她说话 |
[04:56] | and don’t take no for an answer. | 我不接受拒绝 |
[04:59] | Well, then Nadia, you tell her that Dr Crane says | 那么 Nadia 你告诉她Crane医生说 |
[05:03] | please, please, please, please… | 求你了 求你了 求你了 求你了 |
[05:11] | Maris hung up on you, huh? | Maris不接你电话哈 |
[05:12] | No, now she’s got Nadia doing her dirty work. | 不 现在她让Nadia替她做这些脏活了 |
[05:16] | Nadia is Maris’s hatchet maid. | Nadia是Maris的刽子女仆 |
[05:20] | What happened to that Louis the French guy birthday party? | 你那个叫路易啥的法国人主题生日派对咋了 |
[05:23] | Disaster there, too. Maris reminded me that the entire branch of | 一样失败 Maris提醒了我她家祖上十几代 |
[05:27] | her family tree was slaughtered by the Huguenots. | 都是被法国新教徒杀害的 |
[05:32] | Let’s just forget about Maris for the time being, | 让我们暂且忘却Maris的事 |
[05:34] | shall we sit down and relax and have a nice meal in a convivial atmosphere. | 在轻松友好的气氛中坐下放松 享受一下美食吧 |
[05:41] | – What is she mad about? – Beats me. | – 她这是生哪门子气 – 问倒我了 |
[05:44] | It’s your favourite, Mr Crane. Creamed onions. | 你的最爱 Crane先生 奶油洋葱 |
[05:48] | And Dr Crane, I made special glazed carrots just for you. | 还有Crane医生 我给你做了秘制的蜜汁胡萝卜 |
[05:52] | You, carve! | 你 自个切吧 |
[05:58] | Well, we don’t know what she’s mad at, but we sure as hell know whom. | 虽然不知道她为什么生气 但能确定是生谁的气 |
[06:02] | lf anyone needs me I’ll be eating in my room. | 有需要叫我 我在房间里吃饭 |
[06:05] | You know where that is! | 你很清楚那是在哪 |
[06:08] | – What did you do? – This morning I went into her bedroom. | – 你干什么了 – 今天早上我去了她的卧室 |
[06:12] | Frasier, how could you! | Frasier 你这个禽兽 |
[06:19] | No matter how irresistible the urge to venture down that hallway | 不管那股冒险冲过走廊 |
[06:23] | to press your face against that door, | 把双颊贴在门上感受木材纹理的冲动 |
[06:25] | to actually feel the grain of the wood against your cheek, | 有多么不可抑制 |
[06:31] | it must be fought! It must be fought! | 一定要把持住 一定要把持住 |
[06:33] | Niles! I slipped in there to retrieve my book. | Niles 我偷溜进去是为了拿回我的书 |
[06:39] | – You’re not supposed to go in there. – What’s the big deal? | – 你不应该进去 – 有什么大不了的 |
[06:41] | Did you ever see she leaves a door open? | 你看过她开着门吗 |
[06:43] | She doesn’t like people going in there. | 她不喜欢别人进去 |
[06:45] | She goes into my room all the time, and it doesn’t bother me! | 她对我的房间可是想来就来 我也没说啥啊 |
[06:47] | – Women are different. – That is sexism talking. | – 男人和女人不一样 – 这是性别偏见 |
[06:49] | No, that is 35 years of marriage talking. | 不 这是三十五年婚姻后的智语良言 |
[06:51] | Women protect their privacy. | 女人重视她们的隐私 |
[06:53] | You know how they are about their handbags. | 你知道她们对手提包的态度 |
[06:55] | You’d never go in there. It’s always, “Bring me my purse.” | 永远别置自己于那种境地 总是”把我的包拿来” |
[06:58] | A husband could say, “Honey, I’m being robbed, | 一个丈夫可能说”亲爱的 我被打劫了 |
[07:00] | a guy is holding a gun at my head and I don’t have any money.” | 有个家伙用枪指着我脑袋而且我身无分文” |
[07:03] | The wife could still say, “Bring me my purse.” | 他妻子依然会说”把我的包拿来” |
[07:10] | Dad, as usual, your simple homespun wisdom has | 老爸 一如既往 你简单朴实的智语良言 |
[07:12] | pricked the balloon of Frasier’s pomposity. | 再次戳破了Frasier的自我膨胀 |
[07:17] | Now, you were wrong, so go in there and apologize. Go on. | 既然知道错了 现在去那给我道歉 快去 |
[07:21] | All right. I’ll go into daphne’s room and I will apologize to her. | 好吧 我去Daphne的房间 然后向她道歉 |
[07:28] | Alone, Niles! | 我一个人去 Niles |
[07:37] | – Yes? – Daphne, it’s Dr Crane. | – 怎么了 – Daphne 我是Crane医生 |
[07:40] | Yes. | 干嘛 |
[07:44] | Could you open the door, please? | 请你开下门 好吗 |
[07:55] | I um… I behaved very insensitively this morning and… | 我 我今天早上太迟钝了 |
[08:00] | I did need the book | 我的确是去找书 |
[08:01] | but it was wrong of me to go in without your permission… | 但未经你的允许就进去是不对的 |
[08:09] | …and I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[08:17] | It’ll never happen again. | 以后不会再这样了 |
[08:21] | Ever. | 永远 |
[08:23] | I’m being very nice. | 我已经表现得很友好了 |
[08:29] | Well, good night, Daphne. | 那晚安吧 Daphne |
[08:33] | Wait. I’m being much too hard on you. | 等等 是我对你太过分了 |
[08:37] | I’m just a little sensitive about my privacy. | 我只是对隐私问题有点敏感 |
[08:40] | Oh, look, there’s no need to explain. | 听着 没有必要去解释 |
[08:41] | I promise you it will never be an issue again. | 我向你保证再也不会有这种问题发生 |
[08:44] | Well, thank you for being so understanding. | 谢谢你的理解 |
[08:46] | I suppose my problem goes back to growing up in a household of boys. | 我想我的问题源自在一大家子男孩中的成长经历 |
[08:51] | My brothers were all snoops. They never gave me a moment’s peace. | 我的兄弟们都是偷窥狂 就没给过我一分钟的安宁 |
[08:55] | Oh, it was a filthy little rite of passage for the Moon boys. | 噢 Moon家的男孩有一个淫秽的成年礼 |
[08:58] | When they reach certain age, | 当他们到了一定年龄 |
[09:00] | they’d sneak into the bathroom and peek at me in the shower. | 就会潜入浴室偷看我洗澡 |
[09:02] | Oh, dear God. All eight of them? | 老天啊 他们八个全都这样吗 |
[09:05] | Well, except for my brother Billy, the ballroom dancer. | 除了Billy 那个职业交际舞者 |
[09:12] | He never peeked at me. Though he did peek at my brother Nigel. | 他从来不偷看我 不过他偷看过我弟弟Nigel |
[09:26] | – Coffee, Dad? – Why not? | – 老爸 要咖啡吗 – 干嘛不要 |
[09:28] | I’m up six times a night anyway. I might as well be alert. | 反正我一个晚上要起来六次 最好保持清醒 |
[09:38] | Oh, Jeez! The disposal’s jammed. | 噢 我去 垃圾处理机堵住了 |
[09:40] | Stick your hand down there and see what’s stuck, will you? | 把你手伸下去看是什么堵住了 行不 |
[09:46] | Dad, it’s me, Niles. | 老爸 我是Niles |
[09:48] | I can’t get my hand in there. | 我的手又放不进去 |
[09:50] | Oh, alright. Punish a man for being fine-boned. | 好啊 天生骨骼纤细是我的错嘛 |
[09:54] | – You sure it’s off? – Positive. | – 你确定它关上了 – 确定以及肯定 |
[09:56] | – Move away from the switch. – Jeez! | – 离开关远点儿 – 老天 |
[10:01] | Oh, it’s wet and slimy. | 噢 黏糊糊的 |
[10:03] | And God knows what it is like sticking my hand into the mouth of hell. | 这简直是地狱入口的触感 |
[10:16] | – Give me a call when the coffee’s ready. – Yes. | – 咖啡好的时候叫我一声 – 好的 |
[10:19] | Sorry, Niles. My God. | 真抱歉 Niles 老天啊 |
[10:22] | That’s enough excitement for one evening. | 一个晚上有这些刺激足够了 |
[10:23] | – I’m going home to Maris. – I suppose she was speaking to you? | – 我要回家找Maris了 – 我想她又跟你说话了 |
[10:27] | She’s not. But she grows weary of being frosty to the help. | 还没有 不过她有点软化了 |
[10:31] | Oh, by the way, I’m out of cash. | 对了 我手上没现金了 |
[10:33] | I need something to tip your garage attendant. | 我需要给你的车库管理员小费 |
[10:36] | Oh, great. These pills. | 这下好了 这些药片 |
[10:39] | I was thinking money but you know him better than I do. | 我本来想给他钱 但你更了解他 |
[10:47] | No, no. Daphne’s prescription. | 不 不 这是Daphne的药 |
[10:49] | When I was in her room I must have inadvertently… | 一定是我在她房间里的时候无意地 |
[10:53] | knocked them into my pocket. | 把它们放进口袋了 |
[10:57] | It’s an interesting phenomenon. | 真是个有趣的现象 |
[10:59] | I can’t walk through a drugstore | 每次我走过药店的时候 |
[11:01] | without aspirin and decongestant leaping into my trousers. | 都会有阿司匹林片跳进我的裤子里 |
[11:06] | OK, ok, alright. I was snooping around a little bit. | 好吧 好吧 我当时确实四周稍稍窥探了一下 |
[11:11] | Oh, dear God. “Take one before bedtime”. | 天哪 “睡前服一片” |
[11:13] | Oh, no. She sure will miss these tonight. | 不是吧 今晚她一定会找这些的 |
[11:17] | – Oh, you’re heading off, Dr Crane? – Yes, yes, I am. | – 噢 你要走啦 Crane医生 – 是啊 是啊 |
[11:19] | – Say hello to your wife. – I’ll certainly try. | – 向你老婆问好 – 我一定努力尝试 |
[11:23] | Mr Crane, time for your exercises. | Crane先生 复健练习时间到喽 |
[11:26] | Oh, great, this is my chance. | 太好了 天赐良机 |
[11:27] | I’ll just sneak back there and put these back in her room. | 我赶紧溜进去把药放回她房间里 |
[11:30] | Alone, Niles! | 我一个人去 Niles |
[11:36] | The Sonics game’s on. I’ll do my exercises tomorrow. | 索尼克游戏开始了 复健明天再做吧 |
[11:40] | Fine. If you need me I’ll be in my room. | 好吧 如果有需要的话来我房间找我 |
[11:48] | – You’ll do a double set tomorrow. – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | – 你明天得做两组咯 – 好啦 好啦 好啦 |
[11:55] | Grumpy old sod. | 坏脾气的老家伙 |
[13:55] | What’re you doing? That’s disgusting! | 你在干什么 太恶心了 |
[13:59] | You filthy thing. Get out of here right now! Get out! | 肮脏的小东西 现在给我滚出去 快点 |
[14:02] | Daphne, I’m so sorry! | Daphne 我太抱歉了 |
[14:12] | Good morning, Frasier. | 早上好啊 Frasier |
[14:16] | Caramia, un mezzo latte decaffeinato and a bran muffin. | Caramia 我要一杯半脱因拿铁和一个麸皮松饼 |
[14:20] | No, no… due bran muffins. | 不 不 两个麸皮松饼 |
[14:27] | Maris and I burned up a lot of energy last night. | Maris和我昨夜消耗了太多能量 |
[14:29] | A lot of energy. | 非常非常多噢 |
[14:33] | I have to replenish my body. | 我得补补身子 |
[14:38] | I assumed you and Maris achieved détente? | 我猜想 Maris和你恢复水乳交融的状态了咯 |
[14:41] | Twice. | 两次 |
[14:44] | What magic words did you use to melt your little glacier? | 你用了什么咒语融化了你们之间的小冰山 |
[14:47] | When I got home, | 我到家之后 |
[14:48] | I sat her down and I stared deeply into her eyes and I said, | 让她坐下深深地盯着她的双眼 然后说 |
[14:51] | “Maris, here are the keys to your new Mercedes.” | “Maris 这是你新奔驰的钥匙” |
[14:57] | You bought her a Mercedes. | 你给她买了辆奔驰 |
[14:58] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[14:59] | Oh, the things that tiny woman can do when she’s properly motivated. | 你不知道那个小女人得到奖励之后做的那些事啊 |
[15:02] | lf you’re through marinating in your own testosterone, I have a problem. | 如果你不再沉浸在你的雄性激素里了 我有个问题 |
[15:08] | Remember last night I went back into Daphne’s room? | 还记得昨晚我又去了Daphne的房间吗 |
[15:10] | – Well, she caught me again. – Oh, you’re joking! | – 她又逮着我了 – 噢 你逗我呢吧 |
[15:14] | God, I was so embarrassed, | 老天 我太尴尬了 |
[15:15] | I had to leave this morning before she woke up. | 今早我不得不在她醒来之前就离开 |
[15:17] | I left a little note trying to explain my actions. | 我留了张小纸条解释我的行为 |
[15:19] | Considering the circumstances, | 发生这种事 |
[15:21] | hopefully there’s anyway that she can forgive me. | 不知道有什么办法能让她原谅我了 |
[15:23] | Oh, calm now. It wasn’t as bad as all that. | 冷静点 有那么糟嘛 |
[15:26] | Not like you saw her naked or something. | 又不是你看见她裸体了什么的 |
[15:38] | You did! | 你看见了 |
[15:41] | I took no pleasure in it at all. | 毫无享受可言 |
[15:42] | The entire thing was… was just absolutely mortifying. | 整个事就是 就是完全的折磨 |
[15:46] | Frasier, I want to help you with those, | Frasier 我真心想帮助你 |
[15:47] | so you have to tell me everything, every sight, every sound. | 你必须告诉我一切 你的全部所见所闻 |
[15:49] | Frasier, I’ll burn yourself before you explode. | Frasier 我会在你爆炸之前烧毁你的 |
[15:51] | No, stop! | 住嘴吧你 |
[15:53] | Alright then. I’ll show you how I’ve always imagined her | 那好 我画给你一直以来我是如何幻想她的 |
[15:56] | and you tell me where I’m wrong. | 然后你告诉我哪里错了 |
[15:57] | Stop it. Put your pen away! | 给我停下 把你的笔收起来 |
[16:01] | – Hey, guys. – Hello, Roz, good to see you. | – 嘿 伙计们 – 好啊 Roz 真高兴见到你 |
[16:07] | So, Niles, you randy dog. You got lucky last night, didn’t you? | Niles 你个色鬼 昨晚性福了 是不是 |
[16:14] | I can always tell. | 我有这天赋 |
[16:16] | Oh, don’t worry. You’ll meet somebody. | 别担心 你会遇见命中注定的人的 |
[16:20] | A non-fat cap, please. | 请给我一杯脱脂卡布奇诺 |
[16:23] | Roz, this was a private conversation. | Roz 这是段私密的谈话 |
[16:25] | I’m helping my brother with a matter of some delicacy. | 我在帮助我哥解决一个棘手的问题 |
[16:28] | Don’t worry. | 别藏着掖着了 |
[16:29] | Shower boy told me all about it. | 这个不小心偷窥了别人洗澡的家伙什么都告诉我了 |
[16:31] | I just don’t see it. | 我就是不明白 |
[16:32] | Is there anyway I can make this up to Daphne? | 有没有什么方式我可以补偿Daphne的 |
[16:35] | Nothing says “I’sorry” like an in-dash CD player | 没有比汽车内置CD播放器和安全气囊 |
[16:37] | and a passenger airbag. | 更能表达你的歉意了 |
[16:39] | Maris was upset with Niles, so he bought her a Mercedes. | Maris生Niles的气 所以他给她买了辆奔驰 |
[16:44] | If you’re suggesting that I buy my way out of my problem. | 如果你是在建议我用钱来解决我的问题 |
[16:47] | The answer is no. It’s the coward’s way out. | 我是不会答应的 那是懦夫的做法 |
[16:49] | – Oh, so I’m a coward? – Yes. | – 噢 那么我是个懦夫喽 – 是的 |
[16:51] | Well, I’m a coward with a hickey. | 那我也是个带着吻痕的懦夫 |
[16:59] | Buy me a Mercedes, | 给我买辆奔驰 |
[17:00] | I’ll make your neck look like a relief map of the Andes. | 我给你的脖子吻出一幅安第斯山脉地形图来 |
[17:05] | Roz, don’t encourage him! | Roz 别助长他这个风气 |
[17:06] | I happen to think that bribery | 我认为贿赂是 |
[17:07] | is the wrong way for couples to resolve the conflicts. | 夫妻之间解决冲突的错误方式 |
[17:09] | Oh, really? | 噢 真的么 |
[17:10] | And during which your failed marriages did you hone that theory? | 在你哪段失败婚姻中磨练了这个理论观点 |
[17:12] | How dare you, considering the non-marriage of yours! | 好大的胆子你 你连婚姻都算不上有 |
[17:22] | Oh, Dr Crane, I’m glad to see you. I need some advice. | Crane医生 真高兴见到你 我正需要些建议 |
[17:26] | I got this son who’s a total numbnut. | 我儿子是个彻头彻尾的大白痴 |
[17:32] | Hello, Dad. Love your icebreaker. | 好啊 老爸 你的开场白不错 |
[17:35] | You’d better get her to stay, Frasier. | 你最好能让她留下 Frasier |
[17:36] | She knows my moods, she knows how to handle men, I like her. | 她了解我的情绪 她知道如何与人相处 我喜欢她 |
[17:39] | She’s talking about quitting? | 她提出辞职了吗 |
[17:40] | Yes, now get in there and apologize. | 是啊 现在给我进去道歉 |
[17:43] | Oh, dad, dad. I can’t go in there. | 噢 老爸 我做不到 |
[17:46] | No, of course you can’t, because I asked you to go in there. | 你当然做不到了 因为我要求你进去 |
[17:49] | When I said, “Don’t go,” and then you wanted to do and you went there. | 当我说”别去” 你一意孤行非要进去 |
[17:52] | And now I said, “Go in there,” So you won’t. | 现在我说”进去” 你就走不动了 |
[17:54] | Unlike Eddie, he always does what I tell him to. Come on, Eddie. | 不像Eddie 他从来都听我的 来吧 Eddie |
[18:03] | He’s defying you too, Dad. | 他也在反抗你 老爸 |
[18:09] | Daphne, Daphne, please, please wait. | Daphne Daphne 拜托 请等一下 |
[18:11] | We’ve got to talk. I… I feel absolutely terrible. | 我们得谈谈 我 我觉得糟透了 |
[18:15] | Oh, no, Dr Crane, your note explained everything. | 噢 别啊 Crane医生 你的便条解释了一切 |
[18:19] | You’ve got nothing to feel bad about. | 你没有什么可内疚的 |
[18:21] | Oh, well, that puts my mind at ease. | 噢 那真是让我安心了 |
[18:24] | A servant like me doesn’t deserve privacy anyway. | 反正像我这样的佣人也不值得拥有什么隐私 |
[18:27] | Matter of fact, why don’t we just get it out loud in the open? | 事实上 我们为什么不把一切都公之于众呢 |
[18:31] | Oh, no… | 不是吧 |
[18:33] | Here’s my bank book, some personal letters, oh! And my driver’s licence. | 这是我的银行存折 一些私人信件 噢 还有我的驾照 |
[18:38] | As you can see, I’m 4 pounds heavier now, | 你也能看出来 我现在胖了四磅 |
[18:40] | but it’s in a spot that doesn’t really show…to most people! | 但是是胖在一个 多数人看不到的地方 |
[18:44] | Oh, look, Daphne, | 听着 Daphne |
[18:46] | I… I realize how hard it is to live in someone else’s home. | 我 我知道生活在别人家里有多么不容易 |
[18:49] | Yes, it is. But I put up with it | 的确不容易 但是我都忍了 |
[18:53] | because I happen to love this job. | 因为我恰巧喜欢这份工作 |
[18:55] | All I ever asked for was one room, | 我所要求的不过是一个房间 |
[18:59] | a little corner I could call my own. | 一个可以属于我自己的小角落 |
[19:01] | I never minded that I was up to my eyeballs | 我从来不介意整天睁开眼就看见 |
[19:04] | in your precious earth tones and your African knick-knacks. | 你喜欢的那种土色和那些非洲的小摆设 |
[19:08] | But now I have to put up with you in there, too. | 但现在我还要忍受你也出现在那了 |
[19:11] | And that’s one leering love got too many! | 如此厚爱我承受不来 |
[19:13] | Oh, Daphne. Daphne, you’re absolutely right, | 噢 Daphne Daphne 你说得一点错也没有 |
[19:17] | you do deserve a place of your own. | 你确实应该享有一个属于你自己的地方 |
[19:18] | Listen, if you agree to stay, | 听着 如果你同意留下 |
[19:20] | I’ll pay to have your room redecorated. | 我出钱让你重新装修你的房间 |
[19:23] | Just make it your own. | 打造属于你自己的一片小天地 |
[19:25] | Paint, wallpaper, a portrait. | 油画 墙纸 雕塑 |
[19:27] | Anything you like, just you will feel comfortable. | 任何你喜欢的东西 只要你开心就好 |
[19:30] | How about an electrified fence and a German police dog? | 来个通电栅栏还有只德国警犬怎么样 |
[19:35] | Daphne, I promise as long as we live under the same roof together, | Daphne 我发誓只要我们还住在一个屋檐下 |
[19:40] | I will never ever set foot in your room again. | 我绝不再会踏进你的房间一步 |
[19:46] | – All right. – Oh, Thank you. | – 好吧 – 太谢谢你了 |
[19:48] | I’ll give it another try. | 我再给你一次机会 |
[19:51] | – Hello. – Oh, Niles. | – 你们好啊 – Niles |
[19:53] | Hello, Dr Crane. Goodbye, Dr Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 再见 Crane医生 |
[19:55] | – Oh, where are you off to? – Oh, I have some shopping to do. | – 噢 你这要是去哪儿啊 – 我要去买些东西 |
[19:58] | Your brother just offered to pay my room redecorated. | 你哥哥刚刚说出钱帮我重新装修房间 |
[20:01] | Oh, really? | 噢 是吗 |
[20:05] | I’m thinking of doing the whole thing in pinks and yellows. | 我在考虑让整个房间刷成粉色与黄色 |
[20:11] | Oh, dear God. She’s really determined to keep me out of there. | 老天爷啊 她这是真是下决心要让我远离那里 |
[20:15] | So…you’re putting things right with Daphne | 所以 你是用你的支票 |
[20:18] | by opening up your chequebook. | 来摆平你和Daphne的事 |
[20:20] | Oh, I know what you’re thinking. Believe me, it’s just a gesture. | 我知道你怎么想的 相信我 这只是表明态度罢了 |
[20:25] | Oh, I see. When I give Maris a car, it’s a bribe. | 哦 我明白了 我给Maris买辆车 那是贿赂 |
[20:28] | When you redecorate Daphne’s room, it’s a gesture. | 你重新装修Daphne的房间 那就是表明态度 |
[20:30] | Niles, our two situations are entirely different. | Niles 我们的情况完全不同 |
[20:33] | You bought maris off because you are afraid of her. | 你买通Maris 是因为你怕她 |
[20:35] | Oh, I see. And you’re not the slightest bit intimidated by Daphne? | 我明白了 你就没有一丁点儿地害怕Daphne么 |
[20:40] | No. | 没有 |
[20:40] | Then you won’t be at all alarmed if I would, say, do this. | 那如果我这样 你就完全不会紧张咯 |
[20:43] | Niles, Niles, where are you going? | Niles Niles 你去哪儿 |
[20:47] | Oh, look, my foot’s in Daphne’s room. | 快看 我的一只脚迈入了Daphne的房间里 |
[20:50] | Just get out of there. | 就快出来吧你 |
[20:51] | What’s the matter? You are afraid you’ll get in…trouble? | 怎么了 难道你害怕惹上麻烦吗 |
[20:54] | – Niles. – Now we’re safe. – Stop it! | – Niles – 现在我们安全了 – 快停下 |
[20:57] | Trouble…safe…trouble…safe. | 麻烦 安全 麻烦 安全 |
[21:01] | Niles, you’re acting like a child. Just get out of there! | Niles 别像小屁孩一样 赶紧出来 |
[21:03] | – Trouble, safe, trouble, safe… – Oh, Good God! | – 麻烦 安全 麻烦 安全 – 老天 |
[21:06] | Now see what you’ve done. She’s gonna find out! | 看看你干了什么好事儿 她会发现的 |
[21:08] | Oh, well, so you’ll just write her a bigger, fatter cheque. | 好办啊 你给她开张更丰厚的支票就行了 |
[21:12] | No, Niles, she’ll quit! | 不行 Niles 她会辞职的 |
[21:14] | – What! Why didn’t you say? – Oh, you spilled… | – 什么 你怎么不早说 – 噢 你洒了 |
[21:20] | What the hell are you two doing in here? | 你俩到底在这儿搞什么鬼 |
[21:22] | Oh, Dad, it’s all Niles’s fault. | 老爸 这都是Niles的错 |
[21:53] | Daphne, did you happen to see that sporty little sub-compact over there? | Daphne 你有没有看到那辆运动型小车呢 |
[21:56] | I bet you could park that anywhere. | 随便哪里都能停下 多方便 |
[22:01] | Is that a Mercedes dealership across the street? | 街对面那家是奔驰的代理商吗 |