时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | We’ve got time for one more, Roz, who’ve we got? | 最后一通听众来电 Roz 请接通吧 |
[00:11] | We have Sid Brimington on three. | 三号线的Sid Brimington先生 |
[00:14] | Hello, Sid. I’m listening. | 你好 Sid 请说吧 |
[00:16] | Hello, Dr Crane. I have terrible fear of | 你好 Crane医生 我很怕在电话里 |
[00:19] | talking on the phone to people I do not know. | 和陌生人交谈 |
[00:25] | I freeze up. | 我会说不出话来 |
[00:28] | It is a severe handicap in | 这在当下这个快节奏竞争强的世界 |
[00:30] | today’s fast-paced highly-competitive world. | 是非常严重的缺陷 |
[00:34] | Sid, are you reading what you’re saying? | Sid 你是在照着什么念吗 |
[00:43] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[00:45] | The only way I can comfortably communicate on the phone | 我打电话时唯一可以与人交流的方式 |
[00:48] | is to write out everything out I wish to say in advance.’ | 就是提前把想说的写好 |
[00:53] | What if someone asks you a question you haven’t anticipated? | 要是别人问了你没准备的问题呢 |
[01:00] | Thank you Dr. Crane for your most insightful comments. Go-Goodbye.’ | 感谢Crane博士您颇有见解的回应 再见 |
[01:04] | Wait! Sid! | 等等 Sid |
[01:07] | Sid, if you are listening, | Sid 还在吗 |
[01:08] | your insecurity is rooted in your fear of making a mistake. | 你缺乏安全感是因为害怕出错 |
[01:12] | And orderly beat this thing you’re gonna have to practice. | 要克服它你必须得多练习 |
[01:13] | If you work at it very hard,that one day you may too achieve… | 足够努力的话 总有一天 |
[01:17] | the command and confidence to which we all aspire to… | 你能自信地掌握这一项我们都渴望并且 |
[01:22] | be having. | 已经拥有的技能 |
[01:25] | This is Dr Frasier Crane wishing you good mental health. | 这里是Crane医生 祝大家心理健康 |
[01:32] | – That was a show good, Frasier. – Thank you, Roz. | – 刚才说得很好 Frasier – 多谢 Roz |
[01:38] | – Knock, knock. – Oh Niles what are you doing here? | – 叮咚 – Niles 你怎么来了 |
[01:41] | Oh just stop by to see how you’d like to go to lunch | 顺路过来问问你们想不想下周末 |
[01:43] | next week at the Empire Club? | 去帝国俱乐部吃午饭 |
[01:45] | – You know someone who is a member? – No. But you may. | – 你认识那里的会员吗 – 不认识 但你认识 |
[01:49] | What are you up to? | 你又搞什么名堂 |
[01:51] | Now that same smug looking have in your face | 上次见你这么嘚瑟 |
[01:53] | when you found a recording of | 还是淘到一张打折的 |
[01:53] | Kirsten Flagstad’s 1932 Goddamn run in the discount. | Kirsten Flagstad1932年的演出录像带的时候 |
[01:58] | Do you think I look smug now when you see me next week. | 你觉得我现在就嘚瑟 那你下周再来看看 |
[02:01] | If all goes well, my lapel will | 一切顺利的话 |
[02:02] | be sagging under the weight of a solid gold membership pin. | 我的衣领会被纯金的会员胸章压低 |
[02:05] | You’ll certainly fit right in with all those greedy arrogant blue | 你一定会和那帮贪婪自大 |
[02:09] | bloods who wouldn’t even across the street to spit on the rest of us. | 目中无人的土豪混蛋们相谈甚欢的 |
[02:13] | Don’t jinx it, Roz. I’m not in yet. | 话别说太早 Roz 我还不是会员呢 |
[02:18] | There’s still a cocktail party next week | 下周有个鸡尾酒会 |
[02:20] | where they screen prospective members. | 他们会面试新会员 |
[02:22] | What I hear those can be grueling. | 听说竞争很激烈 |
[02:23] | – How did all this come about? – Oh really I give the credit to Maris. | – 这都是怎么回事 – 多亏了Maris |
[02:26] | She spent 5 years carefully cultivating the right | 她花了5年时间小心地培养人脉 |
[02:29] | relationships until finally this week fortune smiled upon us. | 这周命运女神终于眷顾了我们 |
[02:32] | Old Judge Clements suffered a massive stroke | 老法官Clements意外中风了 |
[02:34] | and load a vacancy opened up. | 所以现在有个空缺 |
[02:38] | Gives new meaning to the phrase “A stroke of luck”. | 你给了”意外好运”一个新含义啊 |
[02:43] | It gets better. There are actually two vacancies. So my chances are double. | 更好的是 其实是两个空缺 机会翻倍 |
[02:47] | Edgar van Cortlant has been dead | Edgar van Cortlant因为储蓄贷款丑闻 |
[02:48] | in that savings and loans scandal. | 也被踢出俱乐部了 |
[02:50] | Frasier, I think my time has come. | Frasier 我觉得我的时刻到了 |
[02:54] | – Oh, I’m very happy for you. – That’s generous of you. | – 真替你高兴 – 太感谢你了 |
[02:56] | Especially knowing the voice as dreamed of a membership of yourself. | 尤其是你一直以来也梦想成为那里的会员 |
[03:00] | A lesser man would be jealous. | 小人就会心怀妒忌 |
[03:02] | – You’re not, are you? – Not at all. | – 但你不会 对吗 – 一点也不 |
[03:05] | – Did I mention they have a planetarium on the third floor? – So? | – 我说了他们三楼有个天文馆吗 – 那又如何 |
[03:07] | I think my work here is done. | 炫耀完毕 我走了 |
[03:14] | So Niles is getting into the Empire Club? | 所以Niles要进帝国俱乐部咯 |
[03:16] | Well, it would appear so. More power to him. | 听起来是的 祝他好运 |
[03:19] | After all he deserves to have lunch in that private dinning room. | 毕竟他配得上在私人餐厅吃午餐 |
[03:23] | Read |
在传说中的红木图书馆里看<华尔街日报> |
[03:26] | – It’s eating up you inside, isn’t it? – Like a carnivorous bacteria. | – 你气死了是吧 – 简直想掀桌 |
[03:31] | If he gets into that club, I should too. | 他能进的话 那我也可以 |
[03:33] | What if I happen to know someone who very high up | 要是我恰好认识位高权重的人 |
[03:36] | could probably get you invited to that cocktail party? | 可以邀请你去那个鸡尾酒派对呢 |
[03:38] | Oh, Roz don’t toy with me. | Roz 别逗我了 |
[03:40] | Mr Strickland, please. Just tell him it’s Roz. | 请转Strickland先生 告诉他我是Roz |
[03:43] | – Walter Strickland Junior? – Senior. | – 小Walter Strickland – 老Walter |
[03:46] | Oh Roz how do you know someone so important? | Roz 你怎么会认识这个大人物 |
[03:48] | The less you know, the happier you will be. | 知道得太多对你没好处 |
[03:56] | Well, I need more comfortable shoes. | 我得找双舒服点的鞋 |
[03:59] | My dogs are killing me. | 我的老蹄子真要命 |
[04:02] | – Pardon? – My “Dogs”. My feet. | – 你说什么 – 老蹄子 我的脚 |
[04:05] | What do you call them in England? | 你们英国人管这叫什么 |
[04:06] | We mostly call our body parts up by their rightful names. | 我们管身体部位该叫啥就叫啥 |
[04:11] | Except me Uncle Harold. | 除了Harold叔叔 |
[04:13] | He named his anatomy after of the royal family. | 他用皇室成员命名自己的身体部位 |
[04:17] | He walked on the Queen’s pins, sat on the Duchess of Kent. | 他在女王的胸针上行走 坐着肯特公爵夫人上 |
[04:21] | It was quite a jolly fellow… | 他是个很有意思的人 |
[04:23] | After until I Aunt Kate caught him in | 直到Kate姑妈抓到他 |
[04:25] | introducing the Prince of Wales to a cocktail waitress. | 向一个鸡尾酒服务员介绍威尔士亲王 |
[04:31] | – Daphne,almost finished for that? – Yes, I am, Dr.Crane. | – Daphne 熨好了吗 – 好了 Crane医生 |
[04:33] | You’ll have the handsomest midriff of the club tonight. | 今晚最帅的肚子绝对是你的了 |
[04:36] | – I hope my date concurs. – Who are you taking to this big? | – 希望我的女伴也这么想 – 你带谁去啊 |
[04:41] | Dr Susan Anderson. | Susan Anderson博士 |
[04:42] | She’s as boring as an unbuttered toast | 她简直无聊透顶 |
[04:44] | but she is a brilliant physician and socially well-connector. | 但她是出色的内科医生而且擅长社交 |
[04:50] | Isn’t Niles a little ticked off you haunted in that big party? | 你也去那里的话Niles会不会生气啊 |
[04:53] | Yes, I will see him first, but I convinced him if | 肯定 我会先去找他的 但是我跟他保证了 |
[04:56] | we could help each other and work together we’ll secure both vacancies. | 我们可以齐心协力把两个名额都拿下来 |
[04:59] | Oh you and Niles have been the same situation since you were both kids. | 你和Niles从小到大都是这样 |
[05:02] | One of you has something, the other always has to has it, too. | 一个人有点什么 另一个也抢着要 |
[05:06] | I had to buy two Balinese lutes, two decoupage kits, | 我不得不买两个巴厘鲁特琴 两个剪贴工具箱 |
[05:11] | two pairs of lederhosen. | 两条皮短裤 |
[05:14] | When you finally moved out, that was one embarrassing garage sale. | 你们搬走之后 仓库大甩卖真够尴尬的 |
[05:20] | – Hello, Niles. – Ready to go? | – 嘿 Niles – 好了没 |
[05:21] | – No. I’m still waiting for Susan,she’s at the hospital. – Where’s Maris? | – 没 我在等Susan 她还在医院 – Maris呢 |
[05:25] | She is steady in the Mercedes practicing her vivacious giggle. | 她在车里练习如何发出银铃般的笑声 |
[05:30] | Let’s go over our strategy. | 咱们再复习一遍战术 |
[05:31] | I prepared a crib sheet on each person on the membership committee. | 我准备了所有会员们的资料速记卡 |
[05:34] | – Here you are. – “School ties, business affiliations, hobbies, mistresses.” | – 拿着 – “学校轶事 生意伙伴 爱好 情妇” |
[05:42] | Oh oh oh, I’m also done some research on our competition. | 噢噢噢 我还调查了我们的竞争对手 |
[05:45] | And frankly,I don’t think we have to worry. One of them flies coach. | 坦白说 没什么好担心的 有个人还是坐经济舱的 |
[05:51] | – We’re as good as in. – Yes, yes. – Unless… | – 我们基本进了 – 对 对 – 除非 |
[05:54] | Oh Niles, I just had a most terrifying thought. | Niles 我有个可怕的念头 |
[05:56] | What if some other candidate got the trouble of researching | 要是别的候选人在调查 |
[06:00] | the skeletons in our own closet? | 我们的时候也发现了什么呢 |
[06:03] | Oh, damn it! | 啊 该死的 |
[06:10] | – Well, that’s as bad as it gets. – I wouldn’t be so sure. | – 最坏也就这样了 – 那可说不准 |
[06:14] | They wouldn’t think the membership would look kindly | 他们要是知道你在尼克松总统竞选集会上 |
[06:16] | on your arrest for mooning President Nixon campaign rally. | 因为光屁股被逮捕 肯定就没机会了 |
[06:20] | I was young and firm and in love with an anarchist. | 我那时年少无知 而且爱上了一个无政府主义者 |
[06:26] | Besides, that’s pretty minor compared to your suicide attempt. | 而且 比起你自杀未遂也不算什么了吧 |
[06:28] | It was not a legitimate attempt. | 我才不是真要自杀 |
[06:30] | Only stepped out on that ledge to get Lilith’s attention. | 只是站到窗台上想引起Lilith的注意 |
[06:35] | Oh you know Frasier, perhaps Maris and I should head on over without you. | 这样吧 Frasier 我和Maris先去好了 |
[06:38] | We cannot have another candidates get a leg up on us. | 我们不能让对手抢先了 |
[06:40] | Oh, that’s a good idea, Niles,I’ll see you there. | 好主意 Niles 到那见 |
[06:42] | – Bye, Dad. – Good luck. – Thanks. | – 拜 老爸 – 好运 – 谢啦 |
[06:44] | Hello. Oh, Susan,Susan, oh my goodness. | 你好 噢 Susan 终于 |
[06:47] | I’ve been expecting you. Are you in the car? | 我正等你电话呢 上车没 |
[06:50] | Oh no! You’re still at the hospital? Of course I understand. | 不会吧 你还在医院 噢 我当然理解 |
[06:55] | You were a sweetheart to agree to go in the first place. | 你最初肯答应我已经很好了 |
[06:59] | I’ll call you tomorrow. | 我们明天再聊 |
[07:02] | Fat chance. | 完蛋了 |
[07:07] | – Stood you up,ha? – This is disastrous. | – 放你鸽子了 – 坑死我了 |
[07:10] | Well, just go stag. | 管她呢 直接去好了 |
[07:12] | No, I’m RSVP for two | 我答复的时候说了是两位 |
[07:13] | I will look like some loser who couldn’t even scrap up a date. | 我不想看起来像个连伴都没有的失败者 |
[07:16] | What are we worried about? We got a very Cinderella right under this roof. | 担心什么啊 咱家不就有位佳人嘛 |
[07:22] | Oh, that’s the last time I tried to | 下次灌浆的时候 |
[07:24] | get grout up without wearing rubber gloves. | 千万不能忘了带橡胶手套 |
[07:28] | I’ve so much gunk under my nails, | 现在指甲里都黏糊糊的 |
[07:29] | I look like I’ve been worming a pig. | 像给猪打完虫回来似的 |
[07:33] | Trust me, the English accent will sell it. | 相信我 英国口音绝对加分 |
[07:45] | Oh, yes. Oh, it’s everything I ever imagined it would be and more. | 噢 天呐 噢 这简直比我想象的更好 |
[07:53] | What’s that smell, Dr Crane? | 这什么味道 Crane医生 |
[07:57] | That’s power. | 权力的味道 |
[08:00] | Oh Daphne, just call me Frasier. | 噢 Daphne 叫我Frasier就行 |
[08:02] | I don’t want people know that you work for me, alright? | 我不想别人知道你给我工作 好吗 |
[08:04] | If they ask, we’ve been dating for six months. | 如果他们问起 就说我们约会半年了 |
[08:06] | All right, Frasier. | 好吧 Frasier |
[08:09] | Anything else, Frasier? | 还有别的事吗 Frasier |
[08:11] | Now are we in love or is this just a physical thing, Frasier? | 我们是恋人还是纯炮友啊 Frasier |
[08:15] | Just stop that. | 你够了 |
[08:20] | Oh, Niles. Niles, how goes the chase? | Niles Niles 聊怎么样了 |
[08:23] | Brilliantly. | 非常好 |
[08:26] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[08:29] | – Evening, Dr. Crane. – What are you doing here? | – 晚上好 Crane医生 – 你怎么来了 |
[08:31] | Oh, Frasier takes me everywhere, don’t you, sweetheart? | 噢 Frasier去哪都带着我 对吧宝贝 |
[08:37] | I think I’ll go sample some hors d’oeuvres. | 我去吃点餐前小点心 |
[08:40] | Back in a minute, darling. | 很快回来 亲爱的 |
[08:44] | – Sweetheart? Darling? – My date cancelled. | – 宝贝 亲爱的 – 我的女伴临时有事 |
[08:47] | Daphne’s filling in, all right? | Daphne代替她来 拜托 |
[08:49] | You can’t honestly think that I’d end up going out with Daphne? | 你不会真觉得我俩在约会吧 |
[08:51] | Well, you are a man. She is a goddess, | 你是个男人 她又那么美 |
[08:55] | whose bedroom is after all only 41 steps from your own. | 而且她的卧室离你的才41步 |
[08:59] | I’m completely on the related topic, Where’s Maris? | 既然你提到这个 Maris在哪呢 |
[09:01] | The last I saw she was apologizing to another candidate’s wife. | 刚才我见她跟一个候选人的妻子道歉 |
[09:04] | Apparently, Maris bumped a entire chafing dish of crabmeat | 显然她把一整盘热的蟹肉 |
[09:07] | into the poor woman’s décolletage. | 洒到了那个可怜女人的低胸礼服上 |
[09:11] | Accidents will happen. | 意外总会发生 |
[09:13] | Yes. As long as it keeps the hors d’oeuvres flowing, they will. | 是啊 只要前菜不撤的话 |
[09:18] | My God, Niles, feel this leather. | 我的天呐 Niles 快来摸摸这皮革 |
[09:22] | Oh, I have had pudding stiffer than this. | 噢 我吃过的布丁都比这硬实 |
[09:26] | Frasier, Kenneth Spencer. | Frasier 那是Kenneth Spencer |
[09:33] | Yes, Niles. I’m sure it was satisfying being Phi Beta Kappa at Yale, | 是的 Niles 加入耶鲁的优等生荣誉学会的确很棒 |
[09:38] | but surely you would have been happier | 但是成为普林斯顿的学生 |
[09:41] | to wear all the orange and black of Princeton? | 更了不起不是吗 |
[09:44] | Of course anyone who’s anyone went Princeton. | 当然 只要是个人都会这样决定的 |
[09:46] | Excuse me, I’m Kenneth Spencer. Couldn’t help overhear you. | 你好 我是Kenneth Spencer 无意中听到你们聊天 |
[09:50] | As it happens, I went to Princeton. | 其实 我就是普林斯顿的学生 |
[09:54] | Oh, no! | 噢 不会吧 |
[09:56] | What are the odds? | 这么巧 |
[09:59] | Saw me. I’m Dr Frasier Crane. This is my brother, | 你好 我是Frasier Crane医生 这是我弟弟 |
[10:01] | Dr Niles Crane, the eminent psychiatrist. | Niles Crane医生 出色的精神科专家 |
[10:04] | My brother’s too kind. He was already eminent | 我哥哥太谦虚了 他出色的时候 |
[10:06] | when my eminence was merely imminent. | 我还是个小屁孩呢 |
[10:14] | – Try this caviar, Frasier. – Thanks. | – 尝尝鱼子酱 Fraiser – 谢谢 |
[10:17] | I’m sorry it took so long | 抱歉去这么久 |
[10:18] | but I met the most charming gentleman, Edgar van Cortland. | 我碰到了最棒的Edgar van Cortland |
[10:22] | Van Cortland. I thought he lost his membership in the S&L scandal. | Van Cortland 我以为他不是会员了 |
[10:25] | Actually he was acquitted of all charges and reinstated in the club. | 他被判无罪了 所以恢复了会员身份 |
[10:28] | – Oh, he was innocent. – No. Just acquitted. | – 他是清白的 – 不 只是被判无罪 |
[10:36] | So does that mean there’s only one membership? | 所以说现在只有一个名额了吗 |
[10:38] | Yes. Oh but not too worry, if one should be selected. | 对 但是别担心 你们有一个选上了 |
[10:41] | you can always bring the other along as a guest. | 另一个可以作为客人出席 |
[10:44] | Well, if only one of us can honored become a member, | 如果只有一个人的话 |
[10:47] | I hope it would be you, Frasier. | 希望是你 Frasier |
[10:48] | – That’s a very noble sentiment. – Well, I know how much it means to him. | – 这种精神很高尚啊 – 这对他非常重要 |
[10:51] | We can’t risk another splashy suicide attempt. | 我们不能让自杀再次上演了 |
[11:00] | That’s very amusing, Niles, using humor to defuse a tense situation. | 太机智了 Niles 用幽默化解紧张 |
[11:06] | I’m sure that stood you on good side | 我想你因为恐吓总统进监狱的时候 |
[11:08] | When you were in prison for threatening the president. | 这种性格帮了你大忙吧 |
[11:12] | – Kenneth, Kenneth. – Excuse me. | – Kenneth Kenneth – 失陪一下 |
[11:19] | Oh, stop it! Do you intend to stand here | 快停下 你们俩想这么互相揭短 |
[11:22] | running each other down and ruin both your chances? | 把所有的机会都毁了吗 |
[11:25] | – No, no. – Of course you’re right. – Thank you. | – 对 对 不想 – 你说的对 – 谢了 |
[11:29] | Cocktails, gentlemen? | 来点鸡尾酒吗 先生们 |
[11:31] | Oh, yes. Your best 18-year-old Lowland single-malt Scotch. | 好的 18年陈酿的低地纯麦芽威士忌 |
[11:35] | That’s a discriminating choice. | 品味非常不错啊 |
[11:37] | Yes, my brother has a extensive knowledge of fine wines and spirits. | 是的 我哥哥对各种酒都非常了解 |
[11:41] | Undoubtedly acquiring during years | 显然和酒吧女招待同居多年 |
[11:43] | when he was shacked up with a barmaid. | 令他受益匪浅 |
[11:52] | So my mum says, | 我妈问我 |
[11:53] | “How can you never bring your boyfriends out to meet me?” | “你为啥从不带男友来见我” |
[11:55] | I say, “Mum, plane trip to Wisconsin takes four hours | 我说 “妈 去威斯康辛的飞机要四小时 |
[11:58] | that’s longer than most of my relationships last.” | 那比我大多数感情都长了” |
[12:03] | Oh it’s Niles. Don’t look at him. Pretend we don’t see him. | 噢 是Niles 别看他 假装没看见他 |
[12:07] | Real mature, Frasier. | 真成熟啊 Frasier |
[12:09] | Thanks for that backstabber I’ll never get to say | 就因为这个背后中伤我的人 |
[12:12] | The phrase I’ve been rehearsing for a lifetime: | 我再没机会说我准备了一辈子的话了 |
[12:14] | “If you need me, I’ll be at my club.” | “有事的话 去俱乐部找我” |
[12:19] | Frasier, this is so boring. Don’t you both own each other an apology? | 太无聊了吧 你俩都欠对方一个道歉 |
[12:23] | Well yes, but I was the first who apologized last time. | 是的 但是上次是我先道歉的 |
[12:26] | Oh wait,I mean it’s his turn. Oh goody! I can be mature about this. | 等等 所以这次该他道歉了 那我可以成熟点了 |
[12:41] | – Niles – Frasier – Niles. – Frasier. | |
[12:44] | After last night behavior, I believe an apology is in order. | 昨晚的事之后 我觉得该有人道歉吧 |
[12:47] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[12:50] | Well? | 那么 |
[12:52] | – Well what? – It’s your turn, I apologized first last time. | – 那么啥 – 该你了 上次我先道歉的 |
[12:56] | No, you didn’t. | 不是你 |
[12:57] | I did. | 是我 |
[12:57] | So I just think we remember with after that shouting at the Monet exhibit. | 我记得上次莫奈画展上对骂之后 |
[13:01] | I had my secretary left a heartfelt apology with your service. | 我让我秘书留了个真诚的道歉给你 |
[13:06] | So you did. It is my turn again. | 对啊 那是该我了 |
[13:10] | Damn! | 该死 |
[13:15] | – I’m sorry. – Me, too. | – 对不起 – 我也是 |
[13:19] | I’m a terrible person. | 是我太差劲了 |
[13:20] | – I can’t believe we just turned on each other like that! – It was embarrassing. | – 真不敢相信 咱俩竟然翻脸 – 太尴尬了 |
[13:23] | My only excuse is that | 只是因为我的毕生梦想 |
[13:24] | all my life I dreamed of belonging to an exclusive club like the Empire. | 就是加入像帝国这样的优秀俱乐部 |
[13:29] | Even as a child, when I formed clubs with my Teddy bears, | 我小时候用泰迪熊组了俱乐部 |
[13:32] | they were always too afraid, didn’t make them count. | 但它们都怕我 所以不能算 |
[13:38] | Hello. Yes, this is Dr Crane. | 你好 是的 我是Crane医生 |
[13:42] | This is the club. | 是俱乐部打来的 |
[13:44] | Yes? | 有什么事吗 |
[13:47] | I see. Thank you for considering me. | 我知道了 谢谢你们考虑我 |
[13:52] | If you’d care to speak to my brother, he’s right here. | 如果你想跟我哥说话 他也在 |
[13:55] | Be gracious. | 礼貌点 |
[14:00] | Hello. Yes, I see. Thank you very much for calling. | 你好 是的 知道了 谢谢您的通知 |
[14:07] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[14:10] | Don’t let it get you down. | 别伤心 |
[14:12] | We got along fine without them before long ago. Get along fine now. | 我们这么久都好好地过来了 现在也行 |
[14:21] | We’re getting along fine without them, aren’t we? | 我们没进也能好好的吧 是吗 |
[14:25] | – Niles. – Oh, my God. You got in. | – Niles – 天呐 你进了 |
[14:33] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[14:37] | I’d better go break the news to Maris. | 我最好赶快去告诉Maris一声 |
[14:41] | Believe me Niles, you’re getting passed | 相信我 Niles 即使我进了 |
[14:44] | over this has, has drained every drop of joy from this. | 但你没有进 我也根本开心不起来 |
[14:48] | Thank you. You’re a good brother. | 谢谢 你是个好哥哥 |
[14:53] | Yes! I got in! I got in! I got! | 太棒了 我进了 我进了 |
[14:57] | Shout it from the rooftops! Lattes for everyone! | 我要去屋顶上大喊 请所有人喝拿铁 |
[15:00] | This is the proudest day of my life! | 今天是我最骄傲的一天 |
[15:07] | Of course… what really matters is family. | 当然了 家人更加重要 |
[15:18] | Beg. | 求我 |
[15:20] | Come on, boy,we’ve been working on this. | 快点 小伙子 我们不是练习了吗 |
[15:23] | You can do it. Beg. | 你能行的 求我 |
[15:28] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[15:30] | Good boy! | 好孩子 |
[15:32] | – Dad, what are you doing? – I teaching him a new trick. | – 老爸 你干嘛呢 – 教他点新花样 |
[15:35] | With my 26 dollar a pound imported prosciutto? | 用我26刀一磅的意大利进口熏火腿 |
[15:37] | Well, you see, it’s worth it. | 对啊 显然物有所值 |
[15:40] | – Not unless he can sing a love duet from”Tosca”. – Where are you going? | – 除非他能唱<托斯卡>里爱的二重唱 – 你去哪 |
[15:43] | Down to the Empire Club. I’ve come to a moral decision. | 去帝国俱乐部 我做了一个良心决定 |
[15:48] | I’m going to insist they give Niles my membership. | 我要让他们把我的会员资格给Niles |
[15:50] | Aw, that’s a hell of a gesture. | 哇 这么有风度 |
[15:53] | Yes, well I, I put myself in Niles’ place. | 我试着从Niles的角度考虑 |
[15:57] | he’s spent last 15 years intelligently | 他过去15年里都在努力想要 |
[15:58] | trying to climb Seattle’s social ladder. | 挤进西雅图上流社会 |
[16:01] | Then I walks in it within two years, I’m known throughout the city | 而我才回来不到两年 就已经家喻户晓 |
[16:05] | To top it all off I end up grabbing the prize he’s wanted most of all. | 不仅如此 我还抢了他最想要的东西 |
[16:09] | Just doesn’t fair. | 对他太不公平了 |
[16:12] | – You’re a good kid, Frasier. – Thank you, Dad. | – 你是个好孩子 Frasier – 谢谢 爸爸 |
[16:18] | I just want to say this while I still can… | 我只是想趁我能说的时候说一次 |
[16:24] | If anyone needs me… | 有事的话 |
[16:30] | I’ll be at my club. | 来俱乐部找我 |
[16:34] | Oh, yes, the club. The club that I helped you get into. | 对 俱乐部 我帮你进的俱乐部 |
[16:39] | Of course now you’re done with me, I’m just cast aside. | 显然咱俩完了 我就被狠狠抛弃了 |
[16:43] | Unappreciated, unloved and forgotten. | 没人理 没人爱 没人记得 |
[16:47] | Yes, well, I see the prosciutto isn’t the only imported ham in the house. | 是啊 意大利熏火腿不是这屋里唯一的进口肉 |
[16:55] | Give me your shirt. I not going down without a full load. | 把外套给我 不装满我才不下去洗呢 |
[16:59] | – Have you got anything white? – Yeah, but you’re not getting them. | – 你有白色衣物吗 – 有啊 不用你洗 |
[17:09] | – Hello, Dr Crane. – Hello, Daphne. Hello, dad. | – 嗨 Crane医生 – 嗨 Daphne 嗨 爸 |
[17:12] | Niles Niles. | |
[17:16] | Just passed Frasier in the hall. Where was he off to? | 刚在楼里碰到Frasier了 他干嘛去 |
[17:20] | He went to the club. | 他去俱乐部了 |
[17:21] | Ha ha ha, no wonder he was evasive. | 呵呵呵 难怪他闪烁其词 |
[17:27] | I hope you don’t mind my stopping by. | 希望你别介意我过来了 |
[17:29] | Just had to get out the house and bored knows I had no place else to go. | 我出门了才发现没地方可去 |
[17:33] | You know Niles, you may get into that club yet. | Niles 你可能已经进了那个俱乐部 |
[17:39] | What you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[17:41] | That’s why Frasier went down there to tell them give his spot to you. | Frasier就是去把会员资格让给你的 |
[17:45] | Dad, is this one of your sick jokes? | 老爸 你在说冷笑话吗 |
[17:48] | Why, don’t you be happy? He’s giving up his own membership. | 你不高兴吗 他放弃了他的会员资格 |
[17:53] | What exactly do you think I would be happy about? This is humiliating. | 你觉得我有什么可高兴的 太耻辱了 |
[17:56] | My big brother going down there to make them take me? | 我的哥哥去说服他们接收我 |
[17:59] | Oh, his heart’s in the right place. He could show a little gratitude. | 他这么做很好啊 你至少表示下感谢 |
[18:02] | Dad, they made their decision. They don’t take me on my own merits, | 老爸 既然他们已经决定了 我不配进那个俱乐部 |
[18:05] | I certainly don’t want take me out of their pity. | 那我也不想因为同情被招进去 |
[18:07] | I don’t care if they invite me now, I don’t even care if they BEG! | 我现在不在乎他们邀请我 就算求我我也不去了 |
[18:11] | Good boy! | 好样的 |
[18:23] | Excuse me, is the Club President here? | 不好意思 请问俱乐部主席在吗 |
[18:26] | Yes, Dr. Crane, Mr Drake is over there. | 在 Crane博士 Drake先生在那边 |
[18:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:37] | – Excuse me, Mr Drake? – Yes? | – 打扰一下 Drake先生 – 有事吗 |
[18:40] | – Dr Frasier Crane. – Oh, yes, of course. | – 我是Frasier Crane博士 – 对 当然了 |
[18:44] | The new blood. Please sit down. | 新鲜血液 请坐 |
[18:48] | Sir, I’ve come here on a matter of personal business. | 先生 我过来是有点私人原因 |
[18:53] | It’s about my brother Niles. | 关于我弟弟Niles |
[18:55] | You see, Niles is sort of… | Niles有点 |
[18:58] | Oh, oh my God. This leather’s as soft as a baby’s bottom. | 天呐 这皮椅简直像婴儿屁股一样软 |
[19:04] | Yes, on family night we bring the babies in | 对啊 家庭聚会的晚上 我们会把所有婴儿 |
[19:07] | and do a blindfold comparison test. | 抱进来做个蒙眼的对比测试 |
[19:11] | That’s a joke, Crane. | 开玩笑的 Crane |
[19:13] | Right, yes, indeed. Darn good one too, sir. | 对啊 对 显然了 很好笑 先生 |
[19:17] | The other thing, although my brother may seem priggish at times | 还有一件事 虽然我弟弟有时候看起来很自负 |
[19:22] | but he’s one of the most discriminating people I’ve ever know. | 但他是我见过的最有鉴别力的人 |
[19:24] | In fact, I think it is hard-pressed to find a bigger snob in this room, I mean. | 说实在的 这里没人比他更自以为是了 |
[19:30] | Excuse me, sir, I thought you might enjoy a glass of port? | 打扰一下 先生 来杯波尔图酒吗 |
[19:35] | – 1896? – What are you trying to say, Crane? | – 1896年的 – 你想要说什么呢 Crane |
[19:39] | Glad to be aboard, sir. | 很高兴加入 先生 |
[19:44] | No,no,you know I came down here to simply say | 不 不 我来这里只是想说 |
[19:48] | that my brother deserves membership more than I do | 我弟弟比我更合适成为会员 |
[19:53] | and I would like to step down in his favor. | 而我也愿意把这个机会给他 |
[19:55] | – Are you serious? – Yes, yes I am. | – 你说真的 – 是的 是的 |
[19:58] | After all, blood is thicker than port. | 毕竟 血浓于酒 |
[20:04] | – I stand corrected. – Let me be candid with you, Crane. | – 我做的对 – 我跟你说实话吧 Crane |
[20:09] | We all like your brother, but some quite firm about | 我们都喜欢你弟弟 但是有些成员 |
[20:12] | accepting anybody in the entertainment business. | 明确表示不接受娱乐行业的人 |
[20:15] | I’m afraid Radio psychiatrist falls into that category. | 恐怕广播电台的心理医生算在那个类别里 |
[20:19] | Radio psychiatrist? But Niles… | 广播电台心理医生 但是Niles |
[20:24] | – It’s been dragged that into a terrible mistake. – No, Frasier there hasn’t. | – 你们犯了一个很严重的错误 – 不 Frasier 没错 |
[20:27] | Niles Niles. | |
[20:28] | Dad told me you’d be here and get me into your snooty little club. | 老爸说你来这劝他们让我进这个势力俱乐部 |
[20:31] | Well you needn’t bother. | 你不用操心了 |
[20:32] | – Niles, you don’t understand. – No, no you don’t understand. | – Niles 你不明白 – 不 不 是你不明白 |
[20:34] | You don’t need to be the big brother anymore. | 你不用再当大哥哥了 |
[20:35] | I don’t need you to fight my battles. | 不用你帮我争取 |
[20:36] | – But Niles… – No, butt out. | – 但是 Niles – 行了 别管闲事 |
[20:39] | – Okay. – And has for you, you’ve made it quite clear how you feel about me, | – 好吧 – 而你 既然你明确表达了对我的看法 |
[20:44] | so I’d like to share how I feel about you. | 那么我也想说说对你的看法 |
[20:46] | I’d sooner spend my litter time in a smelly bus station | 我宁愿待在臭气熏天的车站 也不愿意 |
[20:49] | than spend one moment with you smug illicious bigwigs | 跟你这种自命不凡的大佬以及那些 |
[20:52] | with your appreciate oriental carpets and your overstuffed chairs… | 远道而来的地毯和舒适的沙发一起 |
[20:56] | My God, it’s like a baby’s bottom! | 天呐 这触感像婴儿的屁股一样 |
[21:00] | You can’t reject me because I reject you. | 你没有拒绝我因为是我拒绝你 |
[21:03] | Yes, I’m talking to you, fuzzy. | 没错 我就是跟你说话呢 大胡子 |
[21:07] | I prefer remain Niles Crane, everyman. | 各位 我宁愿继续做Niles Crane |
[21:11] | Friend of the average Joe. | 和普通人交朋友 |
[21:13] | Niles, they got our names mixed up. I didn’t get in. You did. | Niles 他们把名字弄错了 我没进 你进了 |
[21:19] | What? | 什么 |
[21:23] | It was you they wanted all along. | 他们想要的一直都是你 |
[21:25] | Did they? I’m in? Good God, | 是吗 我进了 天呐 |
[21:28] | don’t just stand there. Fetch me some port. And step lightly. | 别站这 拿酒来 轻点 |
[21:30] | Will you ask all these gentlemen out. | 把这几位先生请出去 |
[21:32] | Oh no, no, no, you can’t think that I meant the things that I was saying for. | 别 别 别 别 我刚才说的你别当真 |
[21:36] | Excuse me, sir, I’m afraid I must ask you to leave. | 抱歉 先生 恐怕我们得请你们离开这 |
[21:41] | You and who else? | 不走你能拿我怎样 |
[21:47] | Niles, come along, we don’t need this club. | Niles 走吧 我们不需要这个俱乐部 |
[21:50] | Let us leave with dignity with what we came. | 让我们像来时一样体面的走 |
[21:53] | No. There’s been a misunderstanding. I do want be one of you. | 不 这是误会 我想加入 |
[21:56] | Perhaps you could put me on probation. | 要不你们当我在试用期 |
[21:58] | I could just come part time. | 我可以偶尔来 |
[21:59] | Perhaps just afternoon, perhaps just one afternoon. | 或者下午 只来一个下午 |
[22:01] | Thursday’s a slow day. Or you can pick up the day. | 我星期四很闲 或者你们选一天 |
[22:03] | I wouldn’t even talk to anyone. I could just sit in a chair. | 我不会跟别人说话的 就乖乖坐在椅子上 |
[22:05] | Say a word, please, please, please. Oh, let me stay. I belong here! | 说话啊 求你了 让我留下吧 我属于这里 |