时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | You’re on KACL with Dr Frasier Crane. | 欢迎收听KACL频道 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:11] | We have time for one more call. | 现在接进最后一通来电 |
[00:13] | Hello, Gretchen. I’m listening. | 你好 Gretchen 请讲 |
[00:16] | Well, you see, Dr Crane, my husband is a fencing instructor | Crane医生 我先生是个击剑教练 |
[00:20] | and lately he spends all his time with his wealthy new student. | 他最近整天和一个有钱的新学生在一起 |
[00:24] | He’s with her day and night, | 不管白天黑夜的 |
[00:26] | and I’m afraid there’s some bumsen going on. | 我很怕他在搞外遇(bumsen为德语”性爱”) |
[00:31] | Is this just suspicion or do you have any evidence? | 这只是你的猜测还是有证据呢 |
[00:35] | No, it’s just a feeling.’ | 那倒没有 只是直觉 |
[00:37] | Well, you know, in these matters, there’s no simple way to know for sure. | 嗯 要确认这种事 没什么简单快捷的法子 |
[00:41] | Yes, there is. | 不 有的 |
[00:45] | Well, Gretchen, you’re in luck. | Gretchen 你走运了 |
[00:48] | It just so happens we have in our studio today | 今天我们电台刚好有个 |
[00:50] | one of the world’s five leading bumsen experts. | 全世界首屈一指的两性专家可以为你解答 |
[00:56] | lf you want to know if a man is cheating, | 如果你想知道一个男人有没有外遇 |
[00:58] | you offer him two choices for dinner, | 晚饭的时候给他两个选择 |
[01:00] | one that’s fattening and one that’s light and sensible. | 一种高脂高热量 一种低卡素食 |
[01:03] | lf he picks the one calorie packed, | 如果他选了高热量的 |
[01:05] | he doesn’t mind turning into a pig, | 那就表示他不介意变成大肥猪 |
[01:07] | which means he’s happily married and you’re in the clear. | 也就是他很享受这段婚姻 你可以放心 |
[01:09] | You know, Roz, when I hear advice like that, | Roz 听到这个建议 |
[01:12] | I wish there was a law against to | 我真心希望可以有一条法律来限制 |
[01:13] | women gathering at a water cooler. | 女人们在茶水间八卦 |
[01:18] | – Now, Gretchen… – Does it really work, Roz? | – 好了 Gretchen – Roz 这真管用吗 |
[01:21] | – Oh, trust me. – I’m going to do it. | – 相信我 – 我马上去试试 |
[01:25] | Thank you for your help, Roz. | Roz 真是多谢你了 |
[01:27] | – Oh, and you too, Dr Crane. – Don’t mention it. | – 哦 Crane医生 你也是 – 何足挂齿 |
[01:31] | Well, Dr Crane and friends will be back tomorrow. | Crane医生和朋友们明天继续 |
[01:36] | Thanks for listening, Seattle. | 西雅图不眠的人们 感谢收听 |
[01:41] | – I know you hate it when I butt into your show. – And yet… | – 我知道你讨厌我在你的节目插嘴 – 那你还这样 |
[01:45] | You’ll forgive me when you find out what I’m doing for you. | 但你听到接下来的话 你就会原谅我了 |
[01:49] | There’s this woman who lives in my building. | 我住的公寓有一个女人 |
[01:51] | She’s beautiful and funny. | 她又漂亮又有趣 |
[01:52] | Just stop right there, Roz. I do not go out on blind dates. | 别说了 Roz 我不会去相亲的 |
[01:56] | They’re demeaning and a hideous waste of time. | 有失身份而且浪费时间 |
[01:59] | No, thank you. No. | 多谢你 但是不用了 |
[02:00] | It’s not for you.It’s for your father. | 不是介绍给你 是给你老爸 |
[02:02] | What time should he pick her up? | 噢 那她什么时候有空 |
[02:04] | Wait a minute. They are OK for your father, but not for you? | 等一下 相亲适合你爸 但不适合你 |
[02:08] | Yes. And games with balls, | 不单这个 还有球赛 |
[02:09] | domestic beer and giant trucks that roll over small ones. | 国产啤酒和玩巨型卡车 |
[02:17] | “So you want to build a three-masted schooner. | “如果你想造三桅杆的帆船” |
[02:20] | Step one:”Before assembly, take inventory of all parts.” | 第一步 “在组装之前,先清点组件” |
[02:23] | – We don’t need to read that. – Yes, we do. | – 我们不需要一字一句地看完说明吧 – 要的 |
[02:25] | It says here, in bold, “Read all instructions”. | 这里强调了 “阅读所有说明” |
[02:29] | Just pass me the right side of the hull. | 就把船身的右翼给我好吧 |
[02:31] | You’ll get that piece at Step 16 and not a moment sooner. | 你将会在第16步拿到 不是现在 |
[02:35] | – Can we get started here? – All right, Dad. | – 我们到底可以开始了吗 – 好吧 老爸 |
[02:40] | “So you want to build a three-masted schooner.” | “如果你想造三桅杆的帆船” |
[02:44] | Give me that! You’ll put your eye out. | 把这个给我 小心戳瞎你的狗眼 |
[02:49] | Oh. Look at that! What a beautiful ship! | 噢 看哪 多漂亮的船啊 |
[02:53] | I bet you’ll have fun building that. | 建这船你肯定乐在其中 |
[02:55] | Not as much fun as reading about it. | 除了读说明书这部分 |
[02:58] | Did I ever mention one of | 我说过我的祖先里有一位 |
[02:59] | my ancestors was a mutineer on HMS Bounty. | 是邦蒂号的叛变者吗 |
[03:02] | No kidding. | 你开玩笑的吧 |
[03:03] | Yeah well, from what we could gather, he made it safely to Pitcairn Island | 根据我们搜集的消息 他安全地到了皮特凯恩岛 |
[03:06] | where he was fruitful and multiplied. | 在那里落地生根 而且妻妾成群 |
[03:09] | You know, for all I know, there’s some girl who looks exactly like me | 据我所知 有些女孩和我长得一模一样 |
[03:12] | running around the South Seas, frolicking in the surf, | 小麦色的肌肤 裸露的胸部 |
[03:15] | all brown-skinned and bare breasted. | 在南太平洋的海边奔跑嬉戏 |
[03:24] | So you want to build a two-masted schooner? | 看来只能造两条桅杆的帆船啦 |
[03:28] | Schooner? I thought it was a frigate. | 帆船 我还以为是战舰呢 |
[03:31] | No, no. A frigate has a fore-and-aft mainsail. | 不 战舰是有首尾纵向的主帆的 |
[03:33] | – That’s a brigantine. – Well, what’s a frigate? | – 那是双桅帆船 – 啊 那什么是战舰呢 |
[03:36] | That’s one you just don’t give a damn anymore. | 就是老子懒得再和你说一句话了 |
[03:44] | – Hello. – Hello there. | – 大家都在呢 – 你回来啦 |
[03:46] | Niles, are you spending the evening with us? | Niles 你今晚和我们待一起吗 |
[03:49] | Yes.As much as Maris misses me, | 是的 尽管Maris很想我 |
[03:51] | but she feels family comes first. | 但是她觉得家庭是第一位的 |
[03:52] | When she saw this model, | 她看到这个模型 |
[03:53] | she felt it was the perfect project for me to share with Dad. | 觉得很适合我和老爸一起完成 |
[03:55] | – She wanted you out of the house? – Like a musty smell. | – 你被赶出来啦 – 被视如敝屣 |
[04:01] | Dad, I have a proposal for you. | 老爸 我有一个消息跟你说一下 |
[04:03] | Seems there’s a woman in Roz’s | Roz的公寓里 |
[04:06] | building that would like to go out with you. | 有个女人愿意和你约会 |
[04:08] | Roz says she’s got a wonderful personality. | Roz说她性格不错 |
[04:11] | Oh, I guess that means I’m the pretty one. | 那大概长相不怎么拿得出手咯 |
[04:17] | – Tell Roz thanks but no thanks. – You’re making a mistake. | – 转告Roz多谢她的好意 不过算了 – 那你就错了 |
[04:21] | Trying new things is what keeps us all young and vibrant. | 尝试新事物可以让人保持青春有活力 |
[04:25] | You know you’re right, Daphne. For weeks | 说得对 Daphne |
[04:27] | All Maris did for excitement was float in her sensory deprivation tank, | Maris之前好几周都待在感官剥夺水箱里 |
[04:30] | but now she’s taken up fencing and I’ve never seen her more vital. | 但她开始学击剑后 整个人都活力四射 |
[04:37] | She stays up late into the evening, working with her instructor. | 每天晚上都和她的教练一起练到很晚 |
[04:42] | – Maris has a fencing instructor? – Yes. | – Maris有击剑教练 – 是的 |
[04:45] | Gunnar was the Bavarian champion three years running. | Gunnar是连续三年的巴伐利亚冠军 |
[04:49] | He’s Bavarian? | 他是巴伐利亚人吗 |
[04:53] | You’re full of questions I’ve already given the answers to. | 你一直在问已经给你答案的问题 |
[04:56] | Am I? | 我有吗 |
[05:02] | He doesn’t speak a word of English. | 他不会说英语 |
[05:03] | so Maris gets to brush up on her German while she parries and thrusts. | 所以Maris学击剑也顺便温习了德语 |
[05:08] | Maris is learning German, huh? | Maris在学德语哈 |
[05:10] | Just when you thought she couldn’t get any cuddlier. | 你还说她不会更可爱呢 |
[05:16] | Dad, did you take the spanking aft? | 老爸 你拿了船尾的的组件吗 |
[05:18] | Yeah, I pre-glued it for you. | 是啊 我帮你涂了胶水了 |
[05:20] | – Good job! – Not to worry. | – 干得好 – 别担心 |
[05:23] | This used to happen to my brothers all the time. | 我兄弟们经常碰到这种事 |
[05:26] | I can get it off with nail polish remover. Come with me. | 用洗甲水就能把它弄下来 跟我来 |
[05:29] | So your brothers built models? | 你兄弟是做模型的 |
[05:32] | No,actually I suspect they just sniffed lots of glue. | 不 我怀疑他们就是喜欢闻胶水味 |
[05:35] | – That can cause brain damage. – Well, then, that confirms it. | – 那会导致脑损伤的 – 事实证明确实如此 |
[05:40] | Dad. Dad. I have to talk to you about Niles. | 老爸 老爸 我得跟你说件关于Niles的事 |
[05:43] | I got a call on the show today from a German woman | 我今天接进一个电话 是一个德国女人 |
[05:46] | whose husband is a fencing instructor | 她的老公是击剑教练 |
[05:48] | that she suspects is | 她怀疑她老公 |
[05:49] | having an affair with his wealthy new client. | 和他很有钱的新学员偷情 |
[05:53] | – And? – Don’t you find it incriminating? | – 然后呢 – 你不觉得很巧吗 |
[05:57] | No, I find it a coincidence. Seattle’s a big city. | 巧合而已 西雅图是个大城市 |
[06:00] | I’m sure there’s a bunch of German fencing instructors, | 有很多学生的 |
[06:02] | each one with dozens of students. | 德国教练多得是 |
[06:04] | But are they wealthy students? | 但那些学生都有钱吗 |
[06:06] | No. They’re inner-city kids try to work out a way to | 不 他们都是心怀击剑梦想 |
[06:08] | get over nothing but a foil and a dream | 努力奋斗的贫民 |
[06:12] | Yes, well, in the midst of that slag heap of sarcasm, | 在这一堆讽刺中 |
[06:15] | I suppose there may be a kernel of truth. | 大概也有小部分真相 |
[06:17] | I guess I could be letting my imagination run away with me. | 可能是我想太多了吧 |
[06:21] | Forget it. Come on, help me put this model together. | 算了吧你 来帮我拼模型吧 |
[06:24] | Oh, my God. I remember how Niles used to love these models. | 天哪 我还记得Niles以前有多喜欢这些模型 |
[06:28] | Remember that Christmas Mum got him “The Visible Man And Woman”? | 还记得有个圣诞节妈妈给他买了一套”可视男女” |
[06:32] | He had to glue the internal organs in the right place. | 要把内部器官黏在正确的位置 |
[06:35] | All I remember is you two fighting. | 我只记得你们打架的场景 |
[06:37] | He got on my nerves, | 他拿了我的神经(让我不安) |
[06:38] | so I had to go in and steal his ovaries. | 那我只能去偷他的卵巢了 |
[06:43] | There’s a conversation I’m glad I missed the beginning of. | 还好我没听到这个话题的开头 |
[06:52] | Sorry I’m late.Roz | 对不起 Roz 我迟到了 |
[06:53] | Oh, hey, Frasier, did you have chance to ask your dad about the date? | 你跟你爸讲了约会的事了吗 |
[06:56] | – He’s not interested. – Oh, darn it. | – 他不感兴趣 – 不会吧 |
[06:58] | I got her hopes up. I don’t suppose you consider going out with her? | 我辜负她的希望了 你愿不愿意跟她约会呢 |
[07:02] | Sorry. I’ve had my quota of pity-dates. | 抱歉 这种出于同情的约会我去过太多次了 |
[07:05] | But this time you wouldn’t be the one being pitied. | 但这次你不是被同情的那个啊 |
[07:10] | Oh, Listen, we have a great call to start the show off with get this. | 噢对了 我们有个很赞的开场来电 |
[07:14] | The guy on line three just found out his girlfriend | 在线的那家伙刚发现他的女朋友 |
[07:16] | is his long-lost sister! | 是他失散多年的亲妹妹 |
[07:18] | Wow! | 哇哦 |
[07:19] | Oh yeah, and that German woman called back about her husband’s affair. | 那个德国女人又打电话来了 |
[07:22] | Gretchen? | Gretchen吗 |
[07:22] | – Yeah. – I want her first. | – 是的 – 我想先接听她的 |
[07:24] | Are you kidding. What am I supposed to the guy dating his sister? | 开什么玩笑 我该怎么跟和妹妹约会的那个人讲 |
[07:27] | Just tell him to hang on and relax. We’ve all been there. | 就叫他等等 放轻松嘛 这种事谁没经历过 |
[07:33] | Hello, Seattle. | 西雅图的各位晚上好 |
[07:35] | This is Dr Frasier Crane on KACL. | 这里是KACL频道 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[07:37] | Let’s get the right phone | 准备接通来电 |
[07:38] | Roz Roz? | |
[07:39] | We have Gretchen’s calling back | 我们接到Gretchen再一次来电 |
[07:40] | about her husband’s affair. | 关于她老公的婚外情 |
[07:42] | She thinks she has more evidence. | 她觉得她有更多证据了 |
[07:43] | Hello. Gretchen. I’m listening. | 你好 Gretchen 请讲 |
[07:45] | Dr Frasier Crane. I took Roz’s advice. | Frasier Crane医生 我试了Roz 的方法 |
[07:49] | I gave my husband two choices for dinner | 晚饭的时候给了他两种选择 |
[07:51] | and he picked the diet plate! | 他选了低卡那份 |
[07:55] | But that is no proof he’s having an affair. | 但是这也不能证明他有婚外情啊 |
[07:58] | – But Gunnar has a healthy appetite. – No, no, no. | – 但Gunnar一直胃口很好的 – 不 不 不 |
[08:01] | The proof is…phone bills, | 电话单啊 信用卡记录 |
[08:02] | credit card receipts… Gunnar? | 这些才能作为证据 他叫Gunnar |
[08:09] | I also found a love letter he wrote to her. | 我还发现了一封他写给她的情书 |
[08:12] | How long were you going to keep that secret? | 你打算保守这个秘密多久 |
[08:13] | Gretchen. Come on. Work with me here. | Gretchen 拜托 和我分享一下 |
[08:15] | What does it say? | 上面怎么说的 |
[08:20] | – I’m sorry. I don’t speak German. | – 不好意思 我不懂德语 |
[08:21] | It’s means my little liver dumpling. | 是”我的小甜心”的意思 |
[08:24] | That used to be his pet name for me. | 这是他以前对我的爱称 |
[08:27] | Maybe he’s writing to you. | 可能他是写给你的呢 |
[08:30] | It can’t be me. He says he loves her beautiful, little body, | 肯定不是我 他说他喜欢她曼妙娇小的身材 |
[08:34] | as thin as his sword and her skin as white as bratwurst, | 像剑一样苗条 皮肤像德国香肠一样白皙 |
[08:38] | and that she’s his nicht eine menschliche Frau. | 而且她是他的nicht eine menschliche Frau(德语) |
[08:42] | – What is that? – ‘I don’t know if there’s an English word. | – 什么意思 – 我不知道用英语怎么说 |
[08:46] | The closest translation is “Not quite human woman”.’ | 最接近的翻译是”并非人类的女人” |
[08:57] | – Dear God. It is her. – What should I do? | – 老天哪 真是她 – 我该怎么办 |
[09:00] | I don’t know. I need time to think. Let’s go to commercial. | 我不知道 我需要时间思考一下 广告之后马上回来 |
[09:09] | Hello. We are back. Gretchen, I have considered your problem. | 大家好 欢迎回来 Gretchen 我在考虑你的问题 |
[09:12] | And I believe you must confront your | 我觉得你必须面对 |
[09:15] | husband and insist that he end this affair. | 你的老公坚持要他了结这段婚外情 |
[09:17] | What if he won’t? | 如果他不肯呢 |
[09:19] | But he has to.The innocent people are being hurt. | 他必须要这么做 因为无辜的人会受到伤害 |
[09:21] | Remind him of how much he means to you of all your years together. | 跟他说这么多年来他在你心中是多么的重要 |
[09:24] | Are there children? | 有孩子了吗 |
[09:24] | – No. – Damn! | – 没有 – 该死的 |
[09:27] | Still, it must be a clean break. | 还是那句话 这段情必须一刀两断 |
[09:30] | He must never see this woman again. Not even accidently. | 他以后都不准见那个女人 就算凑巧也不行 |
[09:32] | We never had these problems back home. | 我们在老家的时候都不会有这种问题 |
[09:35] | Well maybe that’s why you should return to the loving bosom of Bavaria. | 那你也许应该回你们巴伐利亚的爱巢 |
[09:39] | How did you know we were from Bavaria? | 你怎么知道我们是巴伐利亚人 |
[09:45] | Well, I’m a master of dialect. | 我是辨识方言的专家嘛 |
[09:48] | I noticed there was a glottal | 我注意到你的双元音 |
[09:50] | quality to the occlusion of your diphthongs. | 是用喉咙发音的 |
[09:54] | But I’m originally from Austria. | 但我是在奥地利长大的 |
[09:56] | Do you want to split hairs or get your husband back? | 别计较这种小细节了 你到底想不想你丈夫回来 |
[10:00] | Uh, Gretchen, I’m afraid it’s time for another commercial. | 呃 Gretchen 抱歉又是广告时间了 |
[10:03] | – Another commercial? – Yes, Roz another commercial! | – 又进广告 – 是 Roz 进广告 |
[10:08] | What is going on? | 你到底怎么了 |
[10:10] | Why do you think something’s going on? | 为什么你觉得我有事情 |
[10:13] | Well, when the person giving advice | 倾听者在给建议的时候 |
[10:16] | sounds crazier than the person calling in, | 比当事人还要失控 |
[10:17] | I think there is something going on. | 我觉得有事情发生了 |
[10:20] | Nothing’s going on. | 没什么事 |
[10:22] | Wait a minute.You know who the liver dumpling is, don’t you? | 等一下 你知道小甜心是谁 对吧 |
[10:27] | Alright. Yes. But it’s nobody you know. Her husband’s a friend of mine. | 好吧 是的 你不认识的 她老公是我的朋友 |
[10:32] | How can I tell him be crached? | 我要怎么跟他说他戴绿帽子了 |
[10:34] | You don’t tell the person being cheated on. | 你不该跟戴绿帽子的那个说 |
[10:36] | All you confront the person is doing the cheating. | 你只要和搞婚外情的那个谈就行了 |
[10:38] | Didn’t they teach you anything in Harvard? | 哈佛不教你们这个吗 |
[10:40] | I can’t do that. | 我做不到 |
[10:42] | It’s easy. Frasier | 很简单 Frasier |
[10:44] | You just tell her you know she’s been mattress surfing with some other guy | 你就跟她说你知道她背着她老公跟其他男人 |
[10:47] | and she is not gonna tell her husband | 在床上翻江倒海 |
[10:49] | It’s not done easy. You don’t know this woman. | 不行的 你不了解她 |
[10:52] | She doesn’t deal with confrontation very well. | 当面对质她肯定不行 |
[10:54] | I once questioned her the political correctness of her serving veal. | 有一次我问她提供小牛肉在政治上是否正确 |
[10:57] | An hour later, we found her locked in the | 一个小时后 我们发现她把自己锁在车库里 |
[10:58] | garage with the engine running on a golf cart. | 还开着高尔夫车的引擎想自杀呢 |
[11:01] | Whoa, it’s Maris! | 哇噢 是Maris |
[11:16] | Mrs Crane is in the box? | Crane夫人在这个箱子里 |
[11:24] | Maris! This is Frasier. | Maris 我是Frasier |
[11:28] | I’m tired of waiting for you to come out of this ridiculous deprivation tank. | 我实在等不了你从这个可笑的水箱里出来了 |
[11:30] | Now listen. | 听着 |
[11:31] | We’ve got to talk about Niles. | 我们得谈谈Niles |
[11:34] | Will you come out of there? | 你到底出不出来 |
[11:37] | Look, Maris… | Maris 听着 |
[11:41] | I know you’re having an affair. | 我知道你在外面搞外遇 |
[11:44] | I care for you both and I want | 我很紧张你们俩夫妻的关系 |
[11:46] | to help you do what’s best for your marriage. | 我觉得你应该做点有益于你们婚姻的事情 |
[11:50] | Will you stop this? | 你听一听好不好 |
[11:54] | Just come… Come out of this box! | 先出来啊 从这个箱子里出来 |
[11:57] | All right, I’m going to open the door. | 好吧 我要打开这个门 |
[11:59] | I’m going to count to three. I don’t care if you’re naked. | 数到三 我不管你是不是全裸的啊 |
[12:03] | I’m going to count to ten. | 那就数到十 |
[12:07] | Oh, the hell with this! All right! | 真是见鬼了 我不管了 |
[12:20] | Niles, I’m so sorry. | Niles 对不起 |
[12:23] | Marta, you said Mrs Crane was in the box? | Marta 你不是说箱子里的是Crane夫人吗 |
[12:26] | – Si, Missy Crane. – That’s Mr Crane! | – 是的 Crane夫人 – 那是Crane先生 |
[12:31] | Marta has trouble with her pronouns. | Marta搞不清楚代词 |
[12:40] | – I’m worried about him. He’s always been such a sensitive kid. – You’re right. | – 我很担心 他从小就很感性 – 就是啊 |
[12:43] | Maybe it’s wise for us not to let on how worried we are. | 不要让他看到我们担心 |
[12:46] | It will add to his anxiety. | 那样会让他更不安的 |
[12:48] | Yeah. You are right. If we coddle him, he’ll take this the end of world. | 对 我们表现得太在意的话 他会觉得是世界末日的 |
[12:55] | – Hello, Niles. – Hi, Son. | – Niles 你来了 – 嘿 儿子 |
[12:59] | It’s OK. It’s OK, Niles. Come on. | 没事的 没事的 Niles |
[13:05] | It’s all right. | 别伤心 |
[13:08] | – We’re all here for you, son. – My little brother. | – 有我们在呢 – 我可怜的弟弟啊 |
[13:13] | Frasier, pour him a glass of brandy. | Frasier 给你弟弟倒一杯白兰地 |
[13:15] | Yes. Oh, God. I’m all out of brandy. I have a marvellous sherry, | 喔 我已经不喝白兰地了 我这里有很棒的雪利酒 |
[13:21] | a couple of fine ports and a | 和一些进口货 |
[13:22] | lovely bottle of 12-year-old unblended Scotch. | 还有一瓶12年的纯苏格兰威士忌 |
[13:26] | – It’s a bit peaty… – Just pour him a drink! | – 这瓶下面有点渣 – 倒杯酒来就是了 |
[13:30] | – What happened, son? – Nothing. | – 儿子 怎么样了 – 没事 |
[13:34] | Nothing? When I left, you were about to | 没事 我要离开的时候 你正打算 |
[13:36] | storm up to her room and have it out with her? | 直冲入她的房间和她对峙呢 |
[13:38] | I know. And with every step by I thought of other questions to fire at her, | 每走一步我都想到一个新的对付她的办法 |
[13:42] | but when I reached her door I froze. | 但是当我走到她门前的时候我定住了 |
[13:44] | I turned around and walked out of the house, | 我转身离开房子 |
[13:46] | got in the car and started driving. | 开着我的车走了 |
[13:49] | I’m glad you ended up here. | 还好你停在了这里 |
[13:51] | Actually, I ended up at the Oregon border check. | 实际上 我被俄勒冈的边境检查拦下了 |
[13:56] | I had fruit in the car, so I had to turn back. | 我车上有水果 不能通过 只能回来了 |
[14:07] | What am I gonna do? She’s my whole life. | 我该怎么办 她是我的全部 |
[14:09] | You know, Niles. Maris may have temporarily | 她可能暂时被Gunnar的 |
[14:12] | succumbed to Gunnar’s Teutonic charms, | 日耳曼魅力吸引了 |
[14:15] | but in the end I’m sure she’ll | 我相信她最终会 |
[14:17] | choose the man who’s intelligent and sensitive. | 回到这个既聪明又感性的男人怀里的 |
[14:20] | Frasier, that’s just something | Frasier 这句话是我们以前 |
[14:23] | we used to tell ourselves in chess club. | 在象棋俱乐部自我安慰讲的话好吧 |
[14:30] | The truth is women don’t want men like us, of intellect. | 事实是女人要的不是我们这样聪明的男人 |
[14:33] | They want men of action, like Gunnar. | 而是实干的男人 就像Gunnar那样的 |
[14:35] | Yes, but you know this has nothing to do with Gunnar, | 是的 但你要知道这个不关Gunnar的事 |
[14:38] | and everything to do about you and Maris. | 这是你和Maris之间的事 |
[14:40] | Do you remember your advice you give me | 还记得当我和Lilith闹矛盾的时候 |
[14:41] | when I was having my problems with Lilith? | 你怎么对我说的吗 |
[14:43] | You said that I should talk to her | 你说我应该和她谈谈 |
[14:45] | and find out why she did what she did. | 去了解她为什么要这样做 |
[14:48] | It’s one thing to give advice, another to take it. | 给别人建议是一回事 自己去做又是另一回事了 |
[14:51] | Hey, hey, Fras, didn’t you and Lilith | Frasier 你和Lilith |
[14:55] | write a bunch articles together once | 不是把成功婚姻秘籍 |
[14:57] | about the keys to a successful marriage? | 都写下来了吗 |
[14:59] | – Yes, we did. – It might help your brother , read them right now. | – 是的 – 快给你弟弟看一下 可能会有帮助 |
[15:02] | Well, all right, all right. | 好 马上就去 |
[15:04] | I’ve only got half. | 我这只有一半 |
[15:06] | Lilith got the rest in the divorce settlement. | Lilith把另一半写在离婚协议书里了 |
[15:10] | Oh listen now that we get rid of the foghorn, here’s the way to handle it. | 现在甩掉那个搅屎棍了 我们来解决这事吧 |
[15:15] | Now you remember something like this | 还记得以前这种事 |
[15:17] | happened between your mother and I, right? | 在我和你妈身上也发生过吗 |
[15:18] | – Right. – Well, the way I handle it was I took it up with the other man. | – 嗯 – 我的解决办法就是找那个男的单挑 |
[15:22] | I told him if it ever happened again, | 我跟他说要是再发生这种事的话 |
[15:23] | he’d be the other woman. | 我会把他变成女的 |
[15:26] | There was a lot more that we had to do | 还有很多方法 |
[15:28] | to keep our marriage together, | 来保卫我们的婚姻 |
[15:29] | but at least that let your mother know how much I cared for her. | 但这至少让你妈知道我有多在乎她 |
[15:33] | What would you hope me to do. | 那你想我怎么做 |
[15:35] | Grab Gunnar by the scruff of the neck and throw him out my house ? | 一把抓住他的脖子把他甩出我家门口 |
[15:38] | – Why not? – I’ve been fantasising about it. | – 为什么不可以 – 其实我也幻想过这么做 |
[15:41] | It’s just not me, though. Although maybe it should be me. | 但那根本不是我 或者那才是真正的我 |
[15:45] | No, no, no, I’ve got to speak to Maris eventually. | 不不不 我还是要和Maris谈谈 |
[15:47] | Although, if I do it your way, | 不过 我要是用你的方法 |
[15:50] | I’m going at it from a position of strength. | 我会在实力上压倒他 |
[15:52] | I’m gonna do it, Dad. | 就这么办 老爸 |
[15:54] | Maris is expecting practive tonight, | 今晚Maris要上击剑课 |
[15:56] | but it’s Gunnar who’s gonna be totally lessoned. | 不过被教训的会是Gunnar |
[15:58] | – That’s my boy. Are you sure you’re up to it? – Yes, I am. | – 这才是我的儿子 你确定你行吗 – 没问题 |
[16:01] | I’m pumped, I’m psyched and | 我现在充满力量 我很兴奋 |
[16:04] | I’m very certain I just swallowed an entire twist of lemon. | 现在简直能吞下一整片柠檬 |
[16:08] | Did I just hear Niles leave? | Niles刚刚走了吗 |
[16:10] | He went to straighten out Gunnar guy. | 他直接去找那个叫Gunnar的家伙了 |
[16:12] | God, Dad, how could you let him go? | 天哪 老爸 你怎么就这样让他走了 |
[16:14] | What if this Gunnar guy doesn’t want to get straight. | 要是Gunnar不讲道理怎么办 |
[16:16] | what if he wants to fight? | 要是他们打起来怎么办 |
[16:18] | It’s still better this way. He’s found his manhood. | 那也比现在好 至少他还能找回他的男子汉气概 |
[16:20] | I’ll tell you I’ll be happy if he traded in some teeth for his cojones. | 就算他为他的胆量(意同”睾丸”)付出了几颗牙的代价我也为他开心 |
[16:29] | I’ve got to stop walking in on the middle of conversations. | 你们讲话的时候我真不应该走来走去的 |
[16:41] | There you are. Yes, I’m talking to you, strudel boy! | 你在这是吧 对 就说你呢 小白脸 |
[16:47] | No one seduces my wife and get away with it. | 没人可以勾引我老婆还安然无恙地离开 |
[16:50] | You probably thought, | 你肯定觉得 |
[16:52] | because of my refined bearing and swimmer’s build, | 我看着文质彬彬身材清瘦 |
[16:53] | that I wouldn’t put up a fight for the woman I love. | 肯定不会为所爱的女人和别人大打出手 |
[16:55] | but you did wrong, because real men have a thing called honour. | 那你就错了 因为真正的男人都是有尊严的 |
[16:59] | Yow! | 哇喔 |
[17:03] | You wouldn’t know about that, would you. | 你不知道是吧 |
[17:04] | – Niles. – You wouldn’t know how decent people behave. | – Niles – 你不懂得怎么表现它 |
[17:07] | Niles Niles | |
[17:07] | You wouldn’t know the meaning of rectitude,did you. | 你不知道何谓品行端正 对吧 |
[17:09] | Niles Niles | |
[17:09] | He wouldn’t know the meaning of dog cat or pencil. | 他也不知道狗啊猫啊 |
[17:11] | He doesn’t speak English! | 他压根不懂英语 |
[17:18] | Marta Marta? | |
[17:21] | You speak German? | 你会说德语 |
[17:36] | She worked for a German family that turned up in Guatemala… | 她曾经为一个到危地马拉生活的德国家庭工作 |
[17:39] | just after the war. | 在二战结束后 |
[17:48] | Niles, just wait! | Niles 等一下 |
[17:50] | what | 什么 |
[17:50] | Look at him! | 你看看他 |
[17:51] | If he knew you were calling him strudel boy, | 要是让他知道你叫他小白脸的话 |
[17:54] | he’d wipe his feet on your face. | 他发起飙来会暴打你一顿的 |
[17:56] | If there are scuffs, they’ll be scuffs of honour. | 要是真的受伤的话 那也是为男人的尊严受的伤 |
[17:58] | How dare you steal my wife! Translate. | 你竟敢勾引我的老婆 翻译 |
[18:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[18:21] | All right, fine, you want to challenge me? | 你想要挑战我是吧 是吧 |
[18:23] | En garde! | 预备(击剑口令) |
[18:25] | Oh yes, Niles, that’s just what we need, a fourth language! | 噢 Niles 这正是我们需要的 第四种语言 |
[18:30] | Niles, you can’t possibly fight this man. | Niles 你不可能打的过他的 |
[18:32] | You forget. I’ve been fencing since prep school. | 你忘啦 自从预备学校后我一直有学击剑 |
[18:36] | So what? The man was obviously born with a sword in his hand. | 那又怎么样 这男的简直像带剑出生的 |
[18:39] | He probably performed his own Caesarean. | 腹可能都是他自己剖的 |
[18:45] | My God. He’s going to kill me. | 天哪 他这是要杀了我啊 |
[18:50] | – Farvegnugen! – Farvegnugen? | – Farvegnugen(乱编的 无意) – 啥 |
[19:07] | Oh, very nice, very nice. Thank you. | 很好 谢了 |
[20:01] | Niles Niles! | |
[20:04] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[20:10] | Is he giving up? | 他这是要投降吗 |
[20:15] | He wants you to apologise. He didn’t steal…your shoes. | 他想你道歉 他没有偷 你的鞋子 |
[20:27] | – My shoes? – Yes, I’m sorry. | – 我的鞋子 – 是的 对不起 |
[20:31] | Apparently, I mistranslated. | 很明显 我翻译错了 |
[20:35] | He didn’t mean… Not shoes, wife. | 他不是说鞋子 是老婆 |
[20:46] | Frau? | 夫人 |
[21:00] | He couldn’t help it. Maris is irresistible… Irresistible?! | 他说他情难自控 Maris很有魅力 |
[21:08] | Ok. | 然后呢 |
[21:14] | – But she refused him. – Really? | – 她拒绝他了 – 真的 |
[21:25] | What did Maris say? | Maris怎么说 |
[21:33] | “I love Niles.” | “我爱Niles” |
[21:37] | Oh, she loves me. My Maris is home. | 噢 她爱我 我的Maris回来了 |
[21:42] | Give him five seconds, | 给他五秒缓一下 |
[21:43] | and then tell him he’s fired. Maris! | 然后告诉他他被炒了 Maris 我来啦 |
[21:47] | If only I could help Gunnar and Gretchen. | 要是我能做点事帮到Gunnar和Gretchen就好了 |
[21:52] | Tell him his wife loves him very much. | 告诉他他老婆很爱他 |
[22:03] | No, no, not me, you! You! | 不 不是我 是你 你 |
[22:06] | Marta, damn your pronoun problems! | Marta 你这个什么鬼翻译啊 |
[22:08] | All right, you hapless wretch! | 好吧 可怜的家伙 |