时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | – Hello, Frasier. – Oh, Niles. | – 你好啊 Frasier – 噢 Niles |
[00:11] | Double latte, full fat, chocolate shavings. | 双份拿铁 全脂奶 加巧克力屑 |
[00:17] | – Ah, the self-pity special. – I’ve had a hellish week. | – 自怨自艾特供啊 – 这一周简直是噩梦 |
[00:21] | To top it all off, old Reggie Belknap, | 最糟心的是 我们葡萄酒俱乐部的 |
[00:23] | the president of our wine club kicked the bucket. | 老主席Bridget Belna翘辫子了 |
[00:26] | The man’s body was not even properly chilled | 这老家伙尸骨未寒 |
[00:27] | before the club jackals began angling to succeed him. | 俱乐部的这帮豺狼虎豹们就对他的位置垂涎欲滴了 |
[00:30] | You’ve never seen such vicious, cutthroat conniving. | 我从没见过如此凶恶残酷的阴谋 |
[00:33] | Who’s winning? | 谁领先了 |
[00:33] | Oh, Maris, of course, but just barely. | 哦 Maris 这还用说 不过也是勉强领先啦 |
[00:36] | Matthew Pym tried to stage a coup. | Matthew Pym想要上演一场政变 |
[00:41] | Fortunately, Maris has photos she took at his wedding, | 幸运的是 Maris还存有他婚礼上的照片 |
[00:44] | photos that clearly show the label on the champagne he served. | 那些照片清晰地显示出了当天宴客的香槟的标签 |
[00:47] | – Domestic? – Oh-ho-ho-ho,not just domestic. | – 国产的 – 哦 呵呵 不仅是国产的 |
[00:50] | – From Connecticut. – Oh… | – 还是康涅狄格州的 – 噢 |
[00:54] | Oh, oh, dear, don’t turn around. | 哦 老天 别转头 |
[00:55] | It’s that dreadful woman who works for you. | 那个为你工作的可怕女人也在这儿 |
[00:57] | – Who? – Um, uh… Lady Macbeth without the sincerity. | – 谁 – 呃 麦克白夫人 性本恶的那位 |
[01:01] | Oh! Oh, Bebe’s here. Oh, yes. | 噢 Bebe来了 太好了 |
[01:03] | Now, listen, Niles, I care for her just as little as you do, | 听着 Niles 我和你一样不喜欢她 |
[01:06] | but she is a terrific agent, | 但她是个极好的经纪人 |
[01:08] | which is why I overlook the fact | 所以我继续用她 甘愿忽视 |
[01:09] | that she’s pushy and obnoxious | 她的咄咄逼人 面目可憎 |
[01:11] | and the most appaling phoney I’ve ever known. | 以及还是我认识的最可怕的骗子这一事实 |
[01:13] | – Bebe, darling, how are you? – My poor, wounded baby. | – Bebe 亲爱的 你好吗 – 我受伤的可怜宝贝儿 |
[01:18] | I just heard what those misers you work for are trying to do to you. | 我刚听说了你的老板吝啬鬼们对你的所作所为 |
[01:21] | Well, don’t you worry. They’re not gonna get away with it. | 哼 不用担心 他们不会得逞的 |
[01:24] | Well, you must have heard wrong, Bebe. | 啊 你一定听错了吧 Bebe |
[01:25] | They extended my contract | 他们刚刚又和我续约了一年 |
[01:26] | for another year with an 8% raise. | 还给我涨了百分之八的薪水 |
[01:28] | 8%? That would insult even a waiter. | 百分之八 连这儿的服务生都看不上 |
[01:30] | Double cappuccino. Move it! | 双份卡布奇诺 麻利点儿 |
[01:33] | Well, Bebe, that is what my contract calls for. | 但是 Bebe 我合同就是这么规定的 |
[01:37] | A slave contract you negotiated two years ago | 那是一份两年之前你还没有经纪人的时候 |
[01:39] | before you even had an agent. | 签下的奴隶合同 |
[01:40] | They took advantage of your inexperience. | 他们欺负你没什么经验 |
[01:42] | I thought it was a very generous offer. | 我倒觉得他们挺大方的 |
[01:44] | Oh, please. Do you have any idea how hot you are? | 噢 拜托了 你知道自己有多火吗 |
[01:47] | I get offers every day from other stations | 我天天都得到其他电台的邀请 |
[01:49] | offering the moon for you. | 他们都愿意为你摘星追月 |
[01:51] | – Good lord! Am I really that hot? – Are you kidding? | – 老天爷啊 我真的那么火吗 – 你开什么玩笑 |
[01:54] | lf I were a pot roast, I’d be done. | 我要是一锅生肉的话 早就被你炖熟了 |
[01:59] | Hello, I’m Niles, a person at the table. | 你好 我是坐在桌子旁边的Niles |
[02:05] | Niles, thank God you’re here. Back me up. | Niles 谢天谢地你在这儿 支持我一下 |
[02:07] | Give him some sound brotherly advice. | 给他些兄弟间的忠告 |
[02:09] | She’s the Devil, Frasier. Run fast, run far. | 她就是恶魔 Frasier 快跑 越远越好 |
[02:15] | Listen, Bebe, | 听着 Bebe |
[02:16] | I… I realize that the station is making a | 我 我确实发现电台从我的节目上 |
[02:19] | handsome profit on my show, but what can I do? | 捞了不少油水 但是我能怎么办呢 |
[02:22] | – I do have a contract. – No, darling, | – 我有合同在身 – 不 宝贝儿 |
[02:24] | what you have is…a fever. | 你是有 温度在身 |
[02:27] | – What? – Ooh! You’re like a furnace! | – 啥 – 噢 你简直是个大火炉 |
[02:32] | Well, you know, I-I think I see where you’re going with this. Bebe. | 呃 我 我想我明白你的意思了 |
[02:34] | and I’m not sure how I feel about it. | Bebe 但我不确定我真拉的下脸来那么做 |
[02:36] | Oh, how do you feel about being one of the | 哦 那作为电台收入最低的员工之一 |
[02:37] | lowest paid personalities at the station? | 你倒很有脸面呢 |
[02:39] | Who makes more? | 谁赚得更多 |
[02:40] | Who doesn’t? Nanette from “Pet Chat”, the Happy Chef. | 所有人 “宠物畅谈”的Nanette 快乐主厨 |
[02:44] | Oh, for heaven’s sake. | 哦 看在老天的份上 |
[02:45] | Father Mike could buy and sell you. | Mike神父买你卖你都跟玩儿似的 |
[02:46] | Father Mike! | Mike神父 |
[02:47] | He took a vow of poverty. | 他曾经誓言甘于贫穷的 |
[02:49] | Well, now he’s taking a cruise. | 人家现在可乘游轮周游呢 |
[02:52] | Oh, that big, strapping chest of yours is all congested. | 噢 你那强健的胸膛现在都纠结到一块儿了吧 |
[02:57] | You just say the word, and I’ll tell the station | 只要你同意 我这就告诉电台 |
[03:00] | you have some coughing up to do, and so do they. | 你有点咳嗽 他们就得跟着抖三抖 |
[03:04] | Bebe, this fever of mine, | Bebe 我这份热度 |
[03:07] | how much higher do you think it might go? | 你觉得它得升到多高 |
[03:10] | I’m guessing 30% to 40% above where it is now. | 依我推测 比现在至少得高30%到40%吧 |
[03:13] | 40% 40%? | |
[03:15] | Well, what else can I say, but… | 我还能说什么呢 除了 |
[03:19] | …ah-choo. | 阿嚏 |
[03:26] | “Child, you wanted me to make you pregnant. | “孩子 你想怀上我的孩子 |
[03:28] | I was in a coma. You could have waited…” | 我当时昏迷了 你应该等到 |
[03:30] | My God, in one scene they’ve got | 老天啊 一个场景里居然会出现 |
[03:32] | Sky, Zena and the Slate. | Sky Zena和Slate三个奇葩名字 |
[03:35] | I don’t think someone called Frasier should be pointing any fingers. | 我觉得一个叫Frasier的人没有权利指指点点 |
[03:41] | Is this how you spend your days when I’m not at home? | 所以我不在家的时候你就这么打发日子 |
[03:43] | Not quite, when you’re not home, | 不完全是 你不在家的时候 |
[03:45] | I can bloody well hear what they’re saying. | 我还能听清他们在说什么 |
[03:47] | Oh, you wouldn’t want to miss a line of this dialouge. | 噢 你绝不想错过接下来这段对话的任何一句 |
[03:50] | “Oh, Zirconia, can’t you see | “噢 Zirconia 难道你看不出来 |
[03:52] | Stone doesn’t love you? He loves Placenta.” | Stone不爱你吗 他爱的是Placenta” |
[03:58] | My favourite are the villains. | 我最爱反派 |
[04:01] | They are one guy on here who kicked his grandmother down the stairs, | 这里面有个家伙把他奶奶踢下了楼梯 |
[04:03] | embezzled money from a children’s hospital and poisoned a puppy. | 从一家儿童医院挪用公款还毒死了一只小狗 |
[04:08] | Give him credit, though. He did show up for work every day. | 不过值得赞许的是 他每天都按时上班 |
[04:13] | Oh dear, Dad, if you’re going to be so devilishly subtle, | 噢 亲爱的老爸 你若总是如此的隐晦 |
[04:15] | how would I ever get your point? | 我啥时候才能明白你的意思呢 |
[04:16] | Oh, well, call me old-fashioned. But I think | 喔 算我是个老派人吧 但我觉得 |
[04:18] | when you sign a contract, you stick to it. | 你签下了一份合同 就要遵守它 |
[04:20] | A man’s only as good as his word. | 大丈夫一言既出驷马难追 |
[04:22] | Yes, well, | 我同意 |
[04:22] | my words have doubled as the station’s ad revenues, | 可我单枪匹马就让电台的广告收益翻了两翻 |
[04:24] | all they’ve shown me for thanks | 而他们向我表达感谢的方式 |
[04:25] | is a measly 8% raise. | 仅仅是少得可怜的8%的加薪 |
[04:27] | Oh, so what? In 30 years on the police force, | 那又怎样 在警局呆了三十年 |
[04:30] | you think I ever went to the Sergeant and said, | 难道我曾经走到过警司面前说 |
[04:31] | “Hey, I’m shooting way more bad guys than I thought I would, | “嘿 我撂倒的坏蛋可比我预想中多 |
[04:33] | how about a bonus?” | 来点儿奖金如何” |
[04:36] | Dad, you don’t understand. This is show business. | 老爸 你不明白 这是娱乐圈 |
[04:40] | – I’ll get it. – Thank you, Daphne. | – 我去开门 – 谢谢 Daphne |
[04:41] | So, we do things differently. Negotiations are like a dance. | 我们做事方法不同 谈判就像跳舞 |
[04:44] | They expect me to fight my contract. | 我想要更好的待遇 他们也心知肚明 |
[04:46] | They know I’m not sick. I know they know I’m not sick. | 他们知道我没病 我知道他们知道我没病 |
[04:48] | They know I know they know I’m not sick. | 他们知道我知道他们知道我没病 |
[04:50] | It’s all part of the negotiations mambo. | 这都是谈判曼波舞步的一部分 |
[04:53] | – Hello, Roz. – Hi, Daphne. | – 你好啊 Roz – 好啊 Daphne |
[04:55] | – Hey, Roz. – Hey, Martin. | – 嘿 Roz – 嘿 Martin |
[04:56] | Roz, how goes things at the front? | Roz 前线战况如何 |
[04:57] | Well, for starters, they’ve painted over your name on your parking space. | 嗯 首先 他们把你停车位上的名字用油漆涂掉了 |
[05:01] | – Perfect. – What? | – 太好了 – 什么 |
[05:02] | Oh, Bebe told me they might do that. | 噢 Bebe说过他们完全可能会这样做 |
[05:04] | It’s part of a negotiating tactic. | 这是谈判策略的一部分 |
[05:05] | It shows that they’re getting nervous. | 说明他们开始紧张了 |
[05:07] | Well, they must be really jittery then. | 那他们一定是相当紧张了 |
[05:08] | Because they took your picture out of the lobby. | 因为他们都把你的照片撤出大厅了 |
[05:11] | Roz, Roz, they’re just trying to scare me. | Roz Roz 他们不过是想吓吓我而已 |
[05:13] | And he knows they’re trying to scare him. | 而且他知道他们只是想吓吓他 |
[05:15] | And they know that he knows they’re trying to scare him. He knows… | 他们又知道他知道他们只是想吓吓他 然后他 |
[05:19] | Thank you, Dad! | 谢谢解说 老爸 |
[05:22] | They are just bluffing. It’s like a card game. | 他们不过在虚张声势罢了 就像打牌一样 |
[05:25] | Like a card game. It’s like a dance. | 跟打牌一样 跟跳舞一样 |
[05:27] | The whole thing sounds like a weekend in Vegas. | 这事儿听起来就像去拉斯维加斯度周末 |
[05:31] | You know, I would have thought | 你知道的 Frasier 我也希望 |
[05:32] | they’d play games too, Frasier. | 他们只是和你耍耍手段罢了 |
[05:33] | but they’ve started auditioning people to replace you. | 可是他们已经开始面试了 想找人代替你呢 |
[05:36] | – They’re interviewing people? – All day. | – 他们在面试新人 – 一整天都是 |
[05:39] | And they’re really hot on this woman who has some gardening show. | 他们对一个有什么园艺节目的女人极感兴趣 |
[05:42] | She calls herself Ma Nature. | 她自称自然之母 |
[05:45] | I can’t work for her, Frasier. | 我不能为她工作 Frasier |
[05:47] | You should see her nails. | 你看看她的指甲就知道为啥了 |
[05:52] | Well, there’s no need to panic, Roz. I’m sure it’s all part of the dance. | 哼 没必要慌张 Roz 我肯定这只是舞步的一部分 |
[05:57] | Hi, Dr Crane. The station sent me over with your stuff, sorry. | 你好 Crane医生 电台派我把你的东西送来 抱歉 |
[06:00] | Oh, my God. They’ve cleaned out my cubicle? | 噢 老天啊 他们已经把我的隔间清理出来了 |
[06:03] | Listen, Mike. You’re up on all the gossip. | 听着 Mike 你知道所有小道消息 |
[06:04] | I mean, they’re just bluffing, right? | 我是说 他们只是在虚张声势 对吧 |
[06:06] | I hope not. My audition went really well. | 希望不是 我的面试挺顺利的 |
[06:13] | Nurse Bebe reporting for duty. | 护士Bebe前来报道 |
[06:16] | Blossoms for my little shut-in. Put these in something. | 花儿是送给我闭关的小宝的 把它们插起来 |
[06:19] | Oh, Bebe…Bebe, have you heard what’s going on? | 噢 Bebe Bebe 你听说了吗 |
[06:23] | They’ve cleaned up my cubicle. They’re auditioning other people. | 他们清理了我的隔间 他们在招新人了 |
[06:25] | Marvellous! They’re resorting to cheap scare tactics. | 太棒了 他们采用了低劣的恐吓战术 |
[06:28] | Looks like I was right to bring this along. Chill that. | 看来我带这个来是正确的 冰上它 |
[06:33] | Darling, you’re looking a little pale. | 亲爱的 你看上去有些苍白啊 |
[06:37] | Don’t tell me these amateur theatrics are actually worrying you? | 别告诉我这些业余表演真的让你担心了 |
[06:40] | Well, no, no, but the stress | 不 没有 但是越想着不用担心 |
[06:43] | of not worrying is starting to get to me. | 压力就越是向我阵阵袭来 |
[06:45] | I don’t know if I can take much more of this. | 不知道我还能承受多久 |
[06:48] | Oh, darling, if that’s the way you feel, then fine. | 噢 亲爱的 如果你这么难受 那好 |
[06:51] | Let’s get this over with. | 让我们来了结了它 |
[06:53] | Oh, Frasier, it’s for the best. Really, trust me on this one. | 哦 Frasier 这样是最好的 真的 这次相信我 |
[06:57] | Tom Duran, please. Bebe Glaser calling. | 请接Tom Duran 我是Bebe Glaser |
[07:01] | Tom, Bebe’s bored. | Tom Bebe无聊死了 |
[07:04] | You’ve huffed and you’ve puffed, but our house is still standing. | 你气也气了 炸也炸了 但我们的意志依然坚挺 |
[07:07] | We are giving you a midnight deadline. | 今天午夜就是最后期限 |
[07:09] | Either call us here at Frasier’s | 要不打到Frasier家里 |
[07:11] | and tell us you’ll renegotiate | 告诉我们你愿意重新谈判 |
[07:12] | or we’ll walk! Love ya. | 要不我们拜拜走人 爱你呦 |
[07:16] | There, that should make them sweat. Don’t you think? | 好了 这应该能吓他们一把了 是不是 |
[07:19] | It might. | 也许吧 |
[07:22] | Well, it’s all over but the waiting. Canasta, anyone? | 好了 一切搞定 只需等待 谁想玩儿桥牌 |
[07:26] | Shuffle these. | 洗牌去 |
[07:34] | 11:45. | 十一点四十五分 |
[07:37] | Oh, God. It’s over. They’ve made the decision. It’s over. | 噢 老天啊 全完了 他们已经做了决定 彻底完了 |
[07:42] | Well, it was a fun run while it lasted, eh, Seattle? | 至少我们有过好时光 是吧 西雅图的听众们 |
[07:47] | This is Dr Frasier Crane! | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[07:50] | And I was listening! | 我一直在聆听 |
[07:54] | Here we are. | 来 给您 |
[07:56] | One cup of tea, half-Darjeeling, | 热茶一杯 一半大吉岭红茶 |
[07:59] | half-camomile. Skimmed milk, a package of sweetener. | 一半甘菊茶 加上脱脂奶 一小包甜味剂 |
[08:02] | Oh, and I thought you might enjoy a nice fat free tea biscuit. | 噢 我猜您可能会想要来份精致的无脂小茶点 |
[08:06] | Will there be anything else? | 还有什么需要我做的吗 |
[08:08] | – No. You run along. I’m fine. – You’re sure, now? | – 不 你退下吧 我不需要什么了 – 你确定吗 |
[08:11] | Because I could wait until you | 因为我可以等到您吃完茶点 |
[08:12] | finish the biscuit and floss your teeth for you. | 然后用牙线给您剔牙 |
[08:21] | You are a cheeky little monkey, aren’t you? | 你个磨人的小妖精 |
[08:25] | This cookie tastes like meat! | 这饼干怎么吃着跟肉似的 |
[08:27] | Yes and it’ll remove tartar and give you a nice, shiny coat. | 是呀 它还能清除牙垢 给你一件漂亮有光泽的大衣 |
[08:40] | Well, I think I’m gonna hit the hay, too. | 哈 我想我也要去睡觉了 |
[08:42] | That’s awfully risky of you, isn’t it? | 您不觉得这样做太冒险了吗 |
[08:44] | Leaving us kids out here unchaperoned. | 把我们孤男寡女留在这里 还没有家长的监督 |
[08:46] | Better him than me. | 起码留下的不是我 |
[08:52] | Why are you so tense? | 你怎么这么紧张 |
[08:54] | This is the best part. What could be more fun than this? | 这可是最棒的部分 有什么能比这更有意思呢 |
[08:58] | Watching a loved one be autopsied? | 观看挚爱之人的尸体被解剖 |
[09:04] | Think of them, sweating in their offices, | 想想吧 他们在办公室里焦虑不安 |
[09:06] | chain-smoking, biting their nails, | 一根接一根地抽烟 咬烂指甲 |
[09:09] | their ulcers churning out | 他们身上的溃疡急速产生的 |
[09:10] | enough acid to burn a hole in a ship’s hull. | 大量酸性物质足以在轮船船上烧个大洞了 |
[09:14] | Oh, God! | 噢 老天哪 |
[09:18] | And to think I nearly went into nursing. | 想我当初差点儿就从事了护理业 |
[09:22] | Oh, you’re right, Bebe. You’re right. | 噢 你说得对 Bebe 你是对的 |
[09:25] | My god, if they’re foolish enough to let me go, well then, fine. | 老天 如果他们蠢到要放我走 那好吧 |
[09:28] | There are any number of other stations | 反正有无数其他电台 |
[09:29] | that would love to have Frasier Crane on board! | 对我的加入翘首以盼 |
[09:31] | – Exactly. – Yes. | – 没错 – 是的 |
[09:33] | But you know, in fact, I think it’s time for us to discuss those other offers, | 诶 其实咱们是时候讨论一下其他电台的邀约了 |
[09:36] | consider what our fallback position should be. | 考虑一下我们的后备计划 |
[09:39] | Ooh! Someone’s out of Scotch. | 哦 有人该续点儿威士忌了 |
[09:45] | Bebe, tell me there are other offers. | Bebe 告诉我有其他电台的邀约 |
[09:48] | Scads! | 多着哪 |
[09:50] | Look me in the eye and tell me the truth. | 看着我的眼睛告诉我实话 |
[09:53] | There are no other offers. Straight up or on the rocks? | 没有其他邀约了 要加冰么 |
[09:57] | My God! | 老天爷啊 |
[09:59] | Darling, you can’t make a deal without bluffing a little. | 亲爱的 不吓唬吓唬人怎么占便宜 |
[10:03] | You’re supposed to bluff them, not me! | 那你应该去吓唬他们 而不是吓唬我 |
[10:06] | My god, woman, are you trying to ruin me? | 天煞的女人 你想毁了我是吧 |
[10:09] | You are such a worrywart. | 你真是够杞人忧天的 |
[10:10] | Now don’t you patronise me, you sweet-talking succubus. | 少摆出一副高高在上的样子 你个花言巧语的妖女 |
[10:13] | You get me on the phone and call them. | 你给现在就打电话 跟他们说 |
[10:15] | Ooh, my God. Hands of Hercules. | 噢 老天哪 简直是大力神的手 |
[10:20] | What must your legs be like? | 腿得壮成什么样啊 |
[10:25] | – Answer it. – Not yet. | – 接电话 – 时候未到 |
[10:29] | Where are we? Have we gone out? Is it too late? | 我们在哪儿 我们出去了吗 是不是已经太迟了 |
[10:34] | Answer it!! | 赶紧接 |
[10:36] | Crane residence. Bebe Glaser speaking. | 这是Crane家 我是Bebe Glaser |
[10:39] | It’s them. I see. | 是他们 知道了 |
[10:44] | I see. | 知道了 |
[10:47] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[10:52] | Well? | 如何 |
[10:53] | Renegotiations tomorrow, starting from scratch. | 明天重新谈判 一切从零开始 |
[10:57] | Oh! Oh, dear God! Oh, we did it. | 哦 亲娘啊 我们做到了 |
[11:03] | Oh, my God, I’m so pleased. Thank you, Bebe. | 老天 我太高兴了 谢谢你 Bebe |
[11:07] | Maybe next time you’ll trust little Bebe. | 也许下一次你就相信小Bebe了 |
[11:09] | Yes, oh, I’m so sorry, you are right. I underestimated you. | 是的 哦 我太抱歉了 你是对的 我低估了你 |
[11:12] | I’m sorry for that horrible outburst and for grabbing you the way I did. | 对不起 我刚才气急败坏 抓狂挠你是我不对 |
[11:16] | Don’t be. I was impressed. | 用不着 我因此被打动了 |
[11:19] | It was manly in a…hysterical sort of way. | 以一种歇斯底里的方式 体现了你的爷们儿气概 |
[11:25] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[11:27] | Champagne on top of Scotch. | 香槟兑威士忌么 |
[11:31] | – What the hell! – To a beautiful partnership. | – 管他的 – 敬我们美好的合作关系 |
[11:35] | No, no. To…A remarkable agent. | 不 不 敬异常出色的经纪人 |
[11:38] | What Bebe wants, Bebe gets. When will I ever learn that? | Bebe想要的 Bebe必得 我什么时候才能记住 |
[11:44] | Soon enough, dear. | 快了 亲爱的 |
[11:47] | Soon enough. | 快了 |
[12:09] | Sorry, Eddie, he’s still alive. | 对不起啦 Eddie 他还有气 |
[12:11] | You’re not gonna get your own room after all. | 所以他的房间暂时不能给你了 |
[12:15] | – Oh, God. – How’re you feeling? | – 哦 老天爷啊 – 你感觉怎么样 |
[12:18] | How do I look? | 我看起来怎么样 |
[12:19] | Last time I saw a guy who looked like you | 之前我见过一个像你现在这样的家伙 |
[12:21] | he’d been in the trunk of a car at the airport for a month. | 他已经在机场中的一个汽车后备箱里躺了一个月了 |
[12:26] | Good morning! | 早上好啊 |
[12:27] | My goodness, christened a few ships last night, I see. | 老天噢 昨晚这儿有几艘新船下水啦 |
[12:31] | The station agreed to renegotiate. | 电台同意重新谈判 |
[12:35] | – Oh, all right! – Oh, well done. | – 噢 那多好 – 干得漂亮 |
[12:37] | Yes, they called around five to midnight. | 是的 他们磨蹭到十二点差五分的时候才打来 |
[12:40] | And Bebe and I had some champagne to celebrate and then… | 我和Bebe喝了点儿香槟庆祝 然后 |
[12:45] | And then… | 然后 |
[12:48] | Oh, God. | 噢 老天啊 |
[12:52] | Morning, Doctor. | 早啊 医生 |
[12:59] | Somebody hold me. | 谁快来抱抱我 |
[13:02] | I hope you don’t mind, but I didn’t see a robe | 希望你不要介意 我找不到浴袍 |
[13:05] | and your shirt looked so nice and big and warm…just like you. | 你的衬衫看着不错 又大又暖的 正像你一样 |
[13:11] | Well, I think I’ll go in the other room | 呃 我要去别的房间 |
[13:14] | and eat my breakfast, while I still can. | 吃我的早餐了 趁我还有胃口的时候 |
[13:17] | I’d better go cook for him. | 我去给他做饭了 |
[13:19] | I know how the Crane men like their legs…eggs. | 我知道Crane家男人喜欢什么样的腿 蛋 |
[13:25] | I think they’are a little shocked. | 我觉得他们有些被惊到了 |
[13:27] | Well, I… I’m a little surprised myself. | 其实我自己也蛮受惊的 |
[13:30] | Oh, let’s not kid ourselves. | 噢 不要再自欺欺人了 |
[13:33] | We both knew this would happen someday. | 咱们都知道这早晚会发生的 |
[13:35] | – We did? – The signs were all there. | – 是吗 – 不都明摆着嘛 |
[13:38] | The glances, the furtive smiles. | 那些有意无意的眼神 神神秘秘的微笑 |
[13:40] | Uh, you know what would really hit the spot right now? | 你知道现在来点儿什么才带劲么 |
[13:44] | My God, you’re a machine! | 老天爷啊 你简直是台机器 |
[13:52] | Coffee… I meant coffee. | 咖啡 我是指咖啡 |
[13:54] | – I’ll get it. – Oh, no, no… that’s not necessary. You… | -我来开吧 – 哦 不 不 没有必要 你 |
[13:57] | Good morning, Niles. What a lovely surprise. | 早上好啊 Niles 真是个美好的惊喜 |
[14:01] | We were just about to sit down to a big family breakfast. Won’t you join us? | 我们正要坐下吃一顿欢乐家庭早餐 一起来吧 |
[14:10] | Come on in, Niles. It’s… it’s all right. | 进来吧 Niles 没 没关系的 |
[14:19] | We were… we were celebrating. | 我们 当时在庆祝 |
[14:21] | You see, the station called to renegotiate my contract. | 电台打来电话要重新谈判我的合同 |
[14:24] | Ah, paid your commission upfront, I see. | 哈 我看 这Bebe的佣金已经预付了 |
[14:30] | It’s getting late. I’d better go freshen up. | 不早了 我要去梳洗一下了 |
[14:33] | Save me a muffin, muffin. | 留给我一块松饼 松饼小宝贝儿 |
[14:41] | Oh, all right. Just go ahead. Get your shots in. | 噢 行了 来吧 子弹无情地射向我吧 |
[14:44] | No, no… I’m just glad you’re all right. | 不 不 我只是很庆幸你平安 |
[14:46] | I would have assumed she killed after mating. | 我本来以为她是位母螳螂 交配后要杀掉对方的 |
[14:55] | – Is she gone? – No, Dad. She’s… she’s changing. | – 她走了吗 – 还没 老爸 她在 换衣服 |
[15:00] | Oh, my God. How did this happen? | 噢 老天哪 这是怎么发生的 |
[15:02] | You’re asking us? | 你问我们 |
[15:04] | Oh, I’ve got to talk with her, I’ve got to tell her this was just a mistake. | 噢 我必须和她谈谈 我得告诉她这是个错误 |
[15:08] | Well, you’d better be careful how you let her down. She’s liable to go nuts, | 你最好注意你的表达发式 她很容易发狂的 |
[15:11] | like in that movie, then sneak in here and try to boil Eddie. | 就像电影里那样 偷溜进来要把Eddie煮熟 |
[15:19] | Well, look, We’ll clear out of here and give you little privacy. | 要不 我们离开这儿 给你们点儿私人空间 |
[15:21] | No, no, no, Dad, I can’t tell her right now. | 不 不 不 老爸 我现在不能告诉她 |
[15:23] | She’s about to go down there and renegotiate my contract, and I… | 她马上就要去重新谈判我的合同了 我 |
[15:25] | – I’ll tell her later. – Oh, that’s a good idea. | – 我之后再告诉她 – 噢 真是个不错的注意 |
[15:28] | Wait till she makes you a bunch of money | 等着她帮你赚了一大笔钱之后 |
[15:29] | then on top of breaking her heart, | 紧接着就伤透人家的心 |
[15:31] | you can make her feel really used. | 让她好好体验一把什么叫卸磨杀驴 |
[15:33] | Sounds like a plan to me. | 不错的计划啊 |
[15:35] | – Darling! – We’ll leave you to your happy task. | – 亲爱的 – 你自己处理一下你甜蜜的负担吧 |
[15:40] | Cancel that muffin, Bebe just started a diet. Wink. | 不要那块松饼了 Bebe开始节食了 你了的 |
[15:46] | Besides, tonight we’re dining at Bernardi’s. | 而且 今晚我们要在贝尔纳迪餐厅吃晚餐 |
[15:49] | It’s sinfully expensive, | 那里可是贵得天理不容啊 |
[15:50] | but I think after contract talks we can afford it! | 不过在合同重新敲定之后 咱就是土豪了啊 |
[15:54] | Bebe Bebe | |
[15:58] | Bebe, I don’t think there are any words | Bebe 昨晚我们所分享的 |
[16:00] | to describe what we shared last night. | 我无法用任何言语形容 |
[16:03] | It was like Greco-Roman wrestling on a trampoline. | 就像是在蹦床上进行希腊罗马式摔跤 |
[16:12] | You see, I… as magical as it was, | 你看 虽然过程如此醉人 |
[16:15] | I don’t think it’s the kind of thing we should let happen again. | 但我认为以后这事儿不能再发生了 |
[16:19] | – Ooh! – Well, you see, I value you too much as a colleague | – 噢 – 是这样的 你是我十分重视的同事 |
[16:23] | to do anything that might jeopardize that relationship. | 我不会做任何可能损害这种关系的事情 |
[16:28] | – I see. – Oh, you’re upset. | – 我明白了 – 噢 你生气了 |
[16:32] | No, I’m sure we both would have realized it was a mistake sooner or later. | 没有 我肯定早晚我们都会意识到这是个错误 |
[16:34] | Personally, I was hoping for later, | 个人来讲 我更希望是晚些时候 |
[16:36] | but I suppose sooner’s best. | 不过可能还是越早越好吧 |
[16:38] | It is. It really is. | 是的 千真万确 |
[16:39] | I’d better dash. I’ll call you after the meeting. | 我得赶紧走了 会议结束后我会给你打电话 |
[16:46] | Oh, like you never crawled | 噢 就跟你从来没有 |
[16:48] | under the wrong fence once in your life! | 爬到过错误的栅栏底下似的 |
[16:57] | Disaster again. Maris’s little wine club | 再一次的世纪大灾难 Maris的葡萄酒俱乐部 |
[17:00] | had an outing at a local vineyard. | 组织去了当地葡萄园郊游 |
[17:02] | As the new president, she had the honor of being first into the stomping vat. | 作为新一任主席 她有幸成为迈入踩踏桶的第一人 |
[17:05] | You can imagine her humiliation | 她在里面狂舞成一个赤脚复仇女神的样子 |
[17:07] | as she danced herself into a barefoot fury | 却连一粒葡萄都没踩破 |
[17:09] | and was unable to break even a single grape. | 她的屈辱感你可想而知 |
[17:14] | Frasier, have you heard a word I’ve said? | Frasier 你听见我说的任何一个字了么 |
[17:16] | Of course not, Niles. I… I’m still worried about Bebe. | 当然没有 Niles 我还在担心Bebe |
[17:20] | I thought you said she took it well. | 你不是说她没什么过激反应吗 |
[17:22] | Well, she did, but you know how it is with strong women. | 说是这么说 但你也知道那些女强人 |
[17:24] | Sometimes their strength masks their vulnerability. | 有时她们用强悍掩饰自己的脆弱 |
[17:28] | Well, let’s face it, | 让我们面对现实吧 |
[17:30] | once a woman has dipped her toe into Crane Lake… | 一旦女人将她的脚趾浸入Crane之湖 |
[17:34] | …dry land is never the same again. | 曾经沧海难为水了啊 |
[17:40] | Yes, she’s probably home in her room | 是啊 她极有可能闷在自己闺房中 |
[17:42] | writing “Mrs Bebe Crane” over and over | 在代数书的空白页 |
[17:44] | in the margin of her algebra book. | 一遍一遍地写着”Bebe Crane夫人” |
[17:47] | You can make light of this if you want to, | 随你怎么嘲弄 |
[17:49] | but it is entirely possible that I broke that woman’s heart. | 但是那女人很可能已经被我伤透了心 |
[17:52] | – Who? Whose heart did you break? – No one! Niles, be quiet! | – 谁 你伤了谁的心 – 没谁 Niles 闭嘴 |
[17:55] | Oh, come on, Frasier. I’m gonna figure it out sooner or later. | 喔 行了吧 Frasier 早晚我都会知道的 |
[17:57] | Give me a clue. Just one. That’s all I need. | 给我点儿线索 一条足矣 |
[17:59] | Doc, Doc, come quick! Bebe’s out on the ledge of our building! | 医生 医生 快来啊 Bebe在我们大楼窗台外面 |
[18:02] | She’s threatening to jump! | 威胁说要跳楼 |
[18:03] | Oh, my God. This is all my fault! | 哦 老天爷啊 这都是我的错 |
[18:05] | Wait! Just give me a hint! | 等等 先给人家个提示嘛 |
[18:12] | – Bebe, please! – Get away from me! | – Bebe 求你了 – 离我远点儿 |
[18:16] | Excuse me, excuse me. What happened? | 借过 借过 怎么回事 |
[18:18] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[18:20] | We were working on your deal | 当时我们正在商讨你的待遇问题 |
[18:21] | and she just burst into tears. | 她却突然大哭起来 |
[18:23] | I went out to get her some water for her. When I came back, | 我出去给她拿水 回来的时候 |
[18:24] | she’s standing out there, sobbing that she doesn’t want to live. | 她就站在外面那儿 哭着说她不想活了 |
[18:33] | Bebe, it’s Frasier. Please come in. | Bebe 我是Frasier 求你进来吧 |
[18:37] | It’s no good! My life is over! | 没有意义 我的生命彻底玩儿完了 |
[18:41] | You gotta save her, Doc. | 你得救她啊 医生 |
[18:43] | My contract’s up in six weeks. She’s my agent, too. | 我的合同六周后就到期了 她也是我的经纪人 |
[18:47] | I’m going out there. | 我也得站出去 |
[18:49] | Are you nuts? That’s nine storeis down! | 你疯了么 这可是九层 |
[18:51] | You know what a drop like that would do to you? | 你知道要是从那儿掉下去你得成什么德行么 |
[18:52] | No, Roz, why don’t you toss a pumpkin out the window | 我不知道 Roz 要不你扔个南瓜出去 |
[18:54] | So I have a clear image just before I try? | 那我不就一清二楚了 |
[18:55] | – Why don’t you wait for the police? – No. No. | – 你为什么不等警察来 – 不 不 |
[18:58] | No, that woman out there needs me. | 不 外面那个女人需要我 |
[19:01] | – Bebe, I’m coming out. – Don’t come any closer. I’ll jump! | – Bebe 我出来了 – 不要再靠近了 我要跳了 |
[19:07] | – Bebe, please. – No, you can’t help me! | – Bebe 求你了 – 不 你帮不了我 |
[19:09] | No one can help me! | 没人能帮我 |
[19:12] | I’m not worth doing this over. I… | 我不值得你这么做 我 |
[19:14] | Look, there’ll be other men. | 听着 天涯何处无芳草啊 |
[19:17] | It may take time, but you’ll get over me. | 也许会花费一些时间 但你会忘了我的 |
[19:19] | Well, somebody certainly thinks well of himself. | 看来某人自我感觉很是良好啊 |
[19:23] | What? | 怎么个意思 |
[19:24] | Darling, this isn’t about us. | 亲爱的 这跟咱俩的事没关系 |
[19:26] | It’s just a little bargaining tactic. | 这只是一个小小的谈判策略 |
[19:34] | I threaten to jump. You talk me down. | 我威胁要跳楼 你把我劝下去 |
[19:37] | Major coverage. Bang! Your price goes up 20%. | 爆炸性新闻 你的身价立马提高百分之二十 |
[19:40] | My life is meaningless!! | 我的生命毫无意义啊 |
[19:44] | Talk to me, darling. Talk to me. | 说点儿什么 宝贝儿 跟我说话 |
[19:46] | Are you out of your mind? | 你精分了吧 |
[19:47] | Now listen, you’re coming in, you’re coming in right now! | 快给我进来 现在马上 |
[19:48] | Get away from me! You can’t talk me out of this! | 你走开 你说服不了我的 |
[19:52] | At least not until Channel Five gets here. | 至少在第五频道记者来之前不行 |
[19:56] | Now come on, dear. Make like a therapist. | 好了 宝贝儿 拿出点儿心理学家的样子来 |
[19:59] | God, you’re out of your mind. | 老天啊 你脑袋已经被水灌满了 |
[20:01] | You… you need help, you should be in therapy. | 你需要帮助 接受心理治疗 |
[20:03] | That’s good, but louder. | 说得不错 不过再大点儿声 |
[20:05] | Give me one reason to live! Just one! | 给我一个存活下去的理由 哪怕一个 |
[20:12] | Well, there are… | 有太多 |
[20:14] | …hundreds of reasons. | 太多理由了 |
[20:19] | Work, art, the people who care about you. | 工作 艺术 关心你的人 |
[20:23] | Now, come in, you crazy bitch! | 快进来 你个疯婆子 |
[20:33] | Channel Five, come to Mama! | 第五频道 来找妈妈吧 |
[20:38] | Okay, dear. Full coverage – here’s the plan. | 听着亲爱的 全面报道 计划如下 |
[20:40] | I swoon forward, you reach out and catch me. | 我作势要跳 你伸手将我抓住 |
[20:42] | – What? – On three. One, two… | – 什么 – 我数仨数 一 二 |
[20:45] | – No! – …three! | – 不要啊 – 三 |
[20:48] | Film at 11:00. | 左前方正面上镜 |
[20:54] | Oh, God. Just get in. | 噢 老天爷 赶紧进来吧您 |
[20:57] | – Bebe, are you all right? – Yes, I’m fine now. | – Bebe 你还好吗 – 是的 我没事了 |
[21:02] | Bulldog, get her some water. Do you want to sit down? | Bulldog 给她拿些水来 你需要坐下来吗 |
[21:06] | Thank you, Frasier. You saved my life. | 谢谢你 Frasier 你救了我的命 |
[21:12] | That was incredible, Frasier. | 真是不可思议啊 Frasier |
[21:14] | Look, I know we’ve got some unfinished business, | 听着 我知道我们还有一些未了事务 |
[21:18] | But, rest assured, after this, there’s no way we’re going to let you get away. | 但放心吧 经此事之后 我们绝不可能让你走了 |
[21:23] | Well, thank you, Tom. | 那真是谢谢你了 Tom |
[21:26] | lf I could just have a moment alone with Bebe? | 可以让我和Bebe单独呆一会儿吗 |
[21:29] | Sure. That’s just… | 当然 真是 |
[21:38] | What kind of a woman are you? | 你到底是何方妖孽 |
[21:41] | You seduced me, you lied to me. You nearly got me killed. | 你勾引我 欺骗我 还差点儿害死我 |
[21:44] | You’ve shamelessly manipulated not only me, | 你不仅无耻地将我操控于股掌之间 |
[21:47] | but this station, the news media and the entire city of Seattle. | 还操纵了这个电台 新闻媒体以及整个西雅图 |
[21:50] | What do you have to say for yourself? | 你对此还有什么好解释的 |
[21:55] | Aren’t you glad I’m on your side? | 你难道不高兴我是站在你这边的吗 |
[22:05] | Yes, I suppose I am. | 是的 我想是的 |