时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | And so, in the opinion of this critic | 所以 这个评论家的观点是 |
[00:11] | Mickey’s Good Time Tavern is anything but. | 米奇的美好时光餐厅 |
[00:14] | Dismal decor, perfunctory service, | 不过是个装修沉闷 服务马虎的餐厅 |
[00:17] | and cuisine only marginally preferable to hunger. | 饭菜更是只有饿的人才吃得下 |
[00:22] | And finally, on a sadder note, | 最后 更难过的一个消息是 |
[00:24] | after 53 years in the same location, Orsini’s is closing its doors. | 53年没换过地方的奥西尼餐厅要关门了 |
[00:29] | Tonight, a sad adieu to the grande dame of Seattle restaurants. | 今晚是跟西雅图餐厅夫人的悲伤告别 |
[00:34] | I thought he was the grande dame of Seattle restaurants. | 我以为他就是西雅图餐厅夫人呢 |
[00:38] | Until next time this is Gil Chesterton saying, | 今晚的主播是Gil Chesterton |
[00:40] | “Bon appetit, buon appetito and nifty noshing.” | 小甜点 小甜点 小甜点 |
[00:47] | Gil, why is Orsini’s closing? | Gil 奥西尼为什么关门 |
[00:48] | Well he is getting old, the owner wants to sell. | 它落伍了 老板想卖掉它 |
[00:51] | And just between us, | 私下说 |
[00:53] | I’m afraid Orsini’s is a little like wine that’s stayed too long in the cellar, | 奥西尼像在酒窖里放了很久的酒一样 |
[00:56] | it retains only memories of its former glory. | 只保存了之前的美好记忆 |
[00:59] | Not comping your check any more? | 不去视察餐馆了吗 |
[01:00] | Not for months now. | 好几个月没去了 |
[01:02] | You know, Orsini’s was used to be my favourite restaurant. | 奥西尼曾经是我最喜欢的餐厅 |
[01:06] | Have you ever been there, Roz? | 你去过吗Roz |
[01:07] | Are you kidding? | 开玩笑呢吧 |
[01:08] | My typical date’s idea of a gourmet evening | 我的典型约会方式就是 |
[01:10] | is take out, make out and home by Letterman. | 吃饭 亲热 大卫牙擦骚播出前到家 |
[01:16] | Knock, knock. | 敲敲敲 |
[01:17] | Niles, this is not a good time to visit. | Niles 现在没空 |
[01:19] | Show starts in two minutes. | 节目两分钟后开始 |
[01:20] | Just enough time to show you the John Steinbeck first edition | 正好够给你看 |
[01:23] | I bought at the rare book fair. | 旧书市买来的 |
[01:24] | “St Katy The Virgin”, | John Steinbeck的第一版<圣女凯蒂> |
[01:25] | in like-new condition. | 像没拆封过一样 |
[01:26] | Yeah, she’d have to be, wouldn’t she? | 没错 她必须是啊 对吧 |
[01:31] | Quite a charming book, really. | 这本书太好了 |
[01:32] | It’s a shame more people haven’t read it. | 真遗憾好多人没看过 |
[01:34] | Oh, let’s see. | 我看看 |
[01:35] | Don’t Touch. | 别碰 |
[01:36] | the smallest scratch decreases its value. | 最小的划痕也会让它贬值的 |
[01:38] | Oh Niles, guess what. | Niles 你猜怎么着 |
[01:39] | A thriving Seattle nightspot is closing its doors. | 西雅图最热闹的夜店关门了 |
[01:41] | Roz, you’re moving. | Roz 要不你先出去 |
[01:53] | No, Niles, Orsini’s is closing. | 不 Niles 奥西尼关门了 |
[01:56] | Oh, it can’t be! | 不会吧 |
[01:58] | It’s part of Crane history! | 它都成我们家回忆的一部分了 |
[02:00] | Grandfather took me there for my eighth birthday. | 爷爷在那帮我庆祝八岁生日 |
[02:06] | Thank you, Roz. | 谢谢你Roz |
[02:07] | Childhood memories, so vivid. | 童年记忆历历在目 |
[02:08] | Wearing Paper hats, singing Happy Birthday, | 戴着纸帽子 唱生日歌 |
[02:11] | sending back the veal Prince Orloff. | 把欧洛夫王子小牛肉退回去 |
[02:17] | – 30 seconds. -Thank you Roz. | – 还有三十秒 – 谢谢Roz |
[02:19] | Niles, tonight let’s go to Orsini’s for one glorious farewell dinner. | Niles 今晚去奥西尼吃一顿告别餐吧 |
[02:22] | Why not, I’ll make reservations. | 为什么不呢 我来订 |
[02:24] | We’ll take Dad and Daphne. | 叫上爸爸和Daphne |
[02:26] | Great, will Maris join us? | 很好 Maris也来吗 |
[02:28] | Sadly no. | 很遗憾不能 |
[02:29] | She had a bad experience there one Christmas Eve. | 有年平安夜 她在那有过悲惨经历 |
[02:31] | The Italian soccer team was there next table. | 当时有支意大利足球队坐在邻桌 |
[02:33] | Maris announced she was in the mood for a goose | 她说想吃鹅肉 |
[02:35] | and perhaps inevitably tragedy ensued. | 然后不可避免地悲剧了 |
[02:58] | Oh dear God. | 上帝啊 |
[03:00] | What has happened to this place? | 这地方怎么了 |
[03:02] | I know. | 我也觉得 |
[03:04] | It’s like running into a movie star you once worshipped as a child only, | 就像偶遇小时候喜欢的明星 |
[03:07] | time has left her hair brittle, her eyes sunken and dull, | 时间却让她头发干枯 目光呆滞 |
[03:12] | her skin waxy and sallow. | 皮肤蜡黄又松弛 |
[03:17] | I’ve got quite an appetite. How about you, Daph? | 我可胃口大开 你呢Daph |
[03:19] | Yes sir, do you have a reservation? | 先生 请问您有预定吗 |
[03:23] | Yes, name is Crane for four. | 有 Crane 四个人 |
[03:26] | Table nine seems to be free. | 九号桌好像有位置 |
[03:29] | Right this way, sir. | 这边请 先生 |
[03:31] | – Your waiter will be with you in a moment. – Thank you. | – 服务员马上来 – 谢谢 |
[03:34] | Here, Daphne. | 坐这儿 Daphne |
[03:35] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:38] | Dad, Frasier, isn’t that Otto? | 爸爸 Frasier 那不是Otto吗 |
[03:40] | Oh my God, I believe it is. | 天哪 我看是 |
[03:42] | You know, Otto is legendary here. He’s been with them forever, | Otto是这儿的传奇 在这儿待好久了 |
[03:45] | He never writes any single thing down. | 他从来不写 |
[03:46] | He keeps it all in his head. | 全记在脑子里 |
[03:47] | Otto Otto! | |
[03:48] | Oh, coming up. | 这就来 |
[03:52] | Your cheque, sir. | 你的账单 先生 |
[03:58] | Wrong table. | 你搞错了 |
[03:59] | We’d like menus, please. | 我们要菜单 |
[04:01] | Sorry. I hate it when we were getting crowded. | 对不起 我最讨厌人多了 |
[04:05] | I’m going to the john. | 我要去下洗手间 |
[04:07] | Order me a beer. | 帮我点杯啤酒 |
[04:08] | Oh gee, dad, for one moment I thought you might surprise me | 爸 我还以为你要给我们个惊喜 |
[04:11] | and order a glass of wine. | 点杯红酒呢 |
[04:12] | Aye, for a moment I thought you gonna surprise me and button your yap. | 我还以为你要给我个惊喜把嘴闭上呢 |
[04:17] | I’d order him a crab cocktail. | 给他来盘蟹肉沙拉 |
[04:19] | But I’m afraid the irony would be lost on him. | 但估计他也看不出我在讽刺 |
[04:23] | They’ll have a handful trouble to find a buyer for this place . | 看来他们要找到买家很难啊 |
[04:26] | Yes alas, | 是啊 |
[04:27] | I’m afraid we’ve found one old relic | 我感觉找到了 |
[04:29] | who’s time has come to be put out of his misery. | 气数已尽的老古董 |
[04:31] | Oh, no, Otto, I didn’t mean you. | 不 不 我不是说你 Otto |
[04:35] | – Your menu, sir. – Thank you. | – 你的菜单 先生 – 谢谢 |
[04:37] | – Lovely. – Thank you. | – 真好 – 谢谢你 |
[04:40] | He is alright. He’s in the men’s room. | 没事 他在洗手间 |
[04:42] | No,no, Otto! | 不用拿去了Otto |
[04:45] | Leave it here. | 放在这就行 |
[04:51] | Why are Americans always in such an almighty rush to tear things down? | 美国人为什么这么爱拆东西 |
[04:55] | At home, we treasure our antiquities | 我们国家很注意保护老东西 |
[04:58] | but you people just can’t wait to bring in the bulldozers. | 但你们急不可耐地就上推土机了 |
[05:01] | You know, I’m kind of agree with Daphne. | 我有点同意Daphne的看法 |
[05:03] | I’ll try to contain my amazement. | 我会尽量看起来不那么惊讶的 |
[05:06] | It would be a crime to lose such a landmark like this. | 失去这种地标建筑简直是犯罪 |
[05:08] | I mean look at it, it’s well-built, good structure. | 看看它 建造精良 结构很棒 |
[05:12] | It does have good bones. It’s in a very good location. | 结构确实好 黄金地段 |
[05:15] | Excellent location, If they only had valet parking… | 地段绝佳 如果能有代客泊车 |
[05:18] | If they just took down those awful curtains. | 把这些可怕的窗帘拿掉 |
[05:21] | Knocked out these pillars. | 拆了这些柱子 |
[05:24] | You know…I’ve always dreamed of owning a four-star restaurant. | 我一直梦想开一家四星级餐厅 |
[05:30] | What a growing boy hasn’t? | 哪个成长中的男孩不想呢 |
[05:33] | What we need is a new chef. | 我们需要一个新主厨 |
[05:34] | I happen to know the chef at Emilio’s is very unhappy. | 我恰好认识一个主厨 但在埃米利奥干得不开心 |
[05:38] | Yes! Everyone knows. The man’s scongili is a cry for help. | 对啊 他的才能需要有用武之地 |
[05:42] | Frasier, are you thinking what I’m thinking? | Frasier 你跟我想到一块去了吗 |
[05:44] | I’m picking out china and sandblasting the wine cave! | 我来挑瓷器 给酒窖喷砂 |
[05:49] | Owning a restaurant is hard work. | 开餐厅可不是易事 |
[05:51] | If you don’t scald yourself or lop off a finger with a cleaver, | 如果你没经历过烫伤 被菜刀切手 |
[05:55] | you spend your whole time gagging at grease fires, | 用全部时间清理油腻的炉灶 |
[05:58] | killing rats | 杀老鼠 |
[05:59] | and brawling with labour racketeers. | 跟骗子劳工斗争 |
[06:03] | Me auntie had a little tearoom. | 我姑妈开了间小茶馆 |
[06:07] | Wait a minutes, | 等等 |
[06:08] | don’t tell me you choose seriously considering | 别告诉我 |
[06:10] | doing a dumb-ass ironically thing | 你们像傻子一样 |
[06:11] | like buying this place? | 真在考虑要把这儿买下来 |
[06:12] | With all due respect, Dad. | 没有不尊重你的意思 爸爸 |
[06:13] | we’re not exactly neophytes in this field. | 我们在这方面可不是菜鸟 |
[06:16] | We know food, we know wine. | 我们懂食物 懂酒 |
[06:18] | Lord knows we have style, taste and refinement… | 有风格 有品位 有手艺 |
[06:21] | Yeah but will always get you guys in trouble. | 但这正是麻烦所在 |
[06:24] | You don’t think about the hard work or the long hours. | 你们不会想到这多费力费时 |
[06:26] | Oh no, to you, owing a restaurant is just | 不 对你们来说 开餐厅就是 |
[06:29] | wearing fancy clothes, | 穿着讲究 |
[06:30] | hobnobbing with your friends | 跟朋友们亲切交谈 |
[06:31] | and turning your enemies away out of the door. | 把敌人拒之门外 |
[06:33] | I hadn’t even thought about that! | 我还没想到这些呢 |
[06:37] | Look, when I was a cop walkin’ the beat, | 我当警察巡逻时 |
[06:39] | there was this one restaurant on the corner. | 街角有家餐厅 |
[06:40] | In 10 years, it must change hands 20 times. | 十年里易手了20次 |
[06:43] | First it was Ling Fung’s Lychee Palace, | 起初是凌峰的荔枝殿 |
[06:46] | then it was Tony’s Meatball Hutch, | 然后是托尼肉丸小馆 |
[06:48] | then, it was A Taste Of Yorkshire – English food. | 然后是约克郡私房菜 英国菜 |
[06:51] | Ha, big surprise, it lasted about five minutes. | 惊奇的是 它大概只开了五分钟 |
[06:55] | You know Frasier, dad has the point. | Frasier 爸说到点上了 |
[06:57] | A lot of people lost a lot of money in this business for one reason, | 很多人在这赔钱 |
[07:00] | they pick the wrong name. | 就是因为名没取对 |
[07:03] | Who knows, but I’ve got something very special, | 谁知道呢 我想到个特别的名字 |
[07:06] | I was thinking about it while Dad was talking. | 爸说话的时候就在想 |
[07:10] | Maison Crane. | 克兰之家 |
[07:13] | Oh god, you’re right, it’s little too obvious. | 啊 你说的对 这个太刻意了 |
[07:15] | We want our name to be inviting and welcome. | 我们名字要吸引人 |
[07:18] | Oh, oh what’s the word for “Light-hearted” in French? | 法语里”无忧无虑的”怎么说 |
[07:22] | There isn’t one. | 没这个词 |
[07:25] | I’ve got it, Niles! I’ve got it. | 我想到了 Niles 我想到了 |
[07:26] | Les Freres Heureux. | 欢乐兄弟 |
[07:30] | The Happy Brothers! | 欢乐兄弟 |
[07:32] | Brilliant! | 太棒了 |
[07:33] | It’s homey but just hard enough to pronounce to intimidate riffraff. | 有家的感觉 又足以恐吓流氓地痞 |
[07:38] | We’ll make this place very very exclusive. | 我们一定能让这里变得独一无二 |
[07:41] | No sign on the outside, no advertisement, | 没有招牌 没有广告 |
[07:43] | oh and an unlisted phone number. | 也没有电话单 |
[07:45] | Hey we don’t stop there | 嘿 这样可不够 |
[07:46] | maybe you could post guards on the roof | 你们还可以在屋顶派几个保安 |
[07:48] | who can shoot people as they try to get in! | 射杀想进来的人 |
[07:51] | Never mind that. I believe, Niles. | 别理他 我有信心 Niles |
[07:53] | Do you believe? | 你呢 |
[07:54] | I believe. | 我也有 |
[07:54] | Have you decide what would you like? | 想好点什么了吗 |
[07:56] | Yes. I’d like the whole damn place! | 是的 我想要这地方 |
[07:59] | Right from the wine cellar to the rafters! | 从酒窖到屋顶 |
[08:01] | And for the lady? | 这位女士呢 |
[08:23] | We’re a hit, a palpable hit. | 我们火了 彻底火了 |
[08:25] | Every table in this place is full, | 这里每一张桌子都坐满了 |
[08:28] | except for that tiny wood table | 除了男卫旁边 |
[08:29] | in that horrible dank corner next to the men’s room. | 潮湿角落里的小木桌 |
[08:32] | Oh no no no, Niles, | 不 Niles |
[08:32] | that is not a horrible dank corner next to the Men’s room. | 那不是男卫旁边的潮湿小角落 |
[08:34] | That is the enchanted grotto. | 那是魔法小洞穴 |
[08:38] | I’ve been getting nothing but compliments. | 目前我得到的都是表扬 |
[08:40] | Yeah, Chef Maurice has really outdone himself. | 是啊 Maurice大厨尽心尽责 |
[08:42] | The menu itself cannot be done improved upon. | 菜单已经没什么要改进的了 |
[08:44] | I agree, | 我同意 |
[08:44] | unless it would be to add a soup of brandy on to the Cherries Jubilee. | 除了火焰樱桃里加勺白兰地更好 |
[08:52] | Yes, yes I want those cherries to be jubilant. | 对的 樱桃该热情似火 |
[08:58] | Daphne, Dad, everything alright here? | Daphne 老爸 还不错吧 |
[09:00] | Oh yes, Dr. Crane. | 是啊 Crane医生 |
[09:02] | whatever this anguilla is, it’s perfectly smashing. | 不管鳗鱼是什么 吃起来很嫩 |
[09:05] | It’s our chef’s specialty. | 这是主厨的拿手菜 |
[09:06] | The man can do things with eels you just wouldn’t believe! | 他可以用鳗鱼做出你想不到的美味 |
[09:09] | I arrested a guy for that once. | 我因为这事抓过一个家伙 |
[09:12] | You and your brother really pulled it off, Dr Crane. | 你们兄弟俩真干起来了 |
[09:15] | Yes well. Sorry to disappoint you, Dad, | 是啊 不好意思 让你失望了老爸 |
[09:17] | seems the restaurant is a success. | 看来餐厅很成功 |
[09:20] | By tomorrow, it’ll be the toast of Seattle. | 到了明天 它就闻名西雅图了 |
[09:29] | – What’s in there? – Anguilla. | – 锅里是什么 – 鳗鱼啊 |
[09:31] | Dear God! | 上帝啊 |
[09:32] | It’s Maurice’s specialty. | 这是Maurice的特色菜 |
[09:34] | He prefers to kill them to order, then serve them with the heads still on. | 他喜欢先把鱼杀好 再连头一起上 |
[09:38] | Thank God his specialty isn’t roast beef. | 感谢上帝他擅长的不是烤牛肉 |
[09:43] | Are those soufflés for table nine Maurice? | 这些蛋奶酥是九号桌的吗 Maurice |
[09:46] | Yeah, just about to bake them. | 是的 正要烤呢 |
[09:48] | I know it’s not my place to second-guess your presentation, | 我知道我不该质疑你的水平 |
[09:51] | but would you be averse to trying something radical? | 但你想挑战新事物吗 |
[09:54] | What? | 比如 |
[09:57] | Well, instead of individual soufflés, | 不要做小的蛋奶酥 |
[09:58] | bake one large soufflés and dish the portion out at the table. | 烤一个大的 然后切成小块端上去 |
[10:02] | People hear “Niles Crane”, | 人们听到我的名字 |
[10:04] | I want them to think “Big soufflé’. | 我希望他们能想到”大蛋奶酥” |
[10:08] | As you wish. | 如你所愿 |
[10:12] | There’s a party out of there without a tie or a reservation. | 门外有群人 没有正规着装 也没有预定 |
[10:16] | Leave them to me. | 我来解决 |
[10:16] | Hey, Niles, baby! | 嗨 Niles宝贝 |
[10:19] | Good evening, Mr. Briscoe. May I help you? | 晚上好 Briscoe先生 需要帮忙吗 |
[10:21] | Does it look like I need help tonight? | 你看我今晚还像需要帮助吗 |
[10:25] | Do you have a reservation? | 你们预约了吗 |
[10:26] | Okay, Okay, I know what you’re sniffing around for. | 好吧 好吧 我知道你什么意思 |
[10:29] | These guys are all alike. | 他们都一样 |
[10:31] | Mr Lincoln wonders if you’ve a table for Bulldog and the lady. | 这张林肯先生能否可以给我和女伴订座呢 |
[10:36] | Well, Mr Lincoln’s in luck. | 林肯先生很幸运 |
[10:38] | Please seat these people in the enchanted grotto. | 让他们坐在魔法小洞穴吧 |
[10:42] | Niles The grotto? | Niles 小洞穴 |
[10:44] | Oh, Bulldog! Enjoy our finest table. | Bulldog 希望你好好享受最佳桌位 |
[10:49] | There, you see that? | 看见没 |
[10:50] | A little flash of green and you get what you want. | 绿光闪过 你就能如愿 |
[10:52] | But look who I’m telling! | 但看看我在对谁说这话呢 |
[11:04] | Maurice? It’s not to second-guess your creativity, but | Maurice 我不是质疑你的创造力 但是 |
[11:08] | I thought we agreed | 我以为我们说好了 |
[11:12] | we’d serve the soufflé in individual cups? | 用单独小杯子装蛋奶酥的 |
[11:14] | But I was asked to change. | 有人让我改的 |
[11:16] | Change On opening night? | 在开业典礼改 |
[11:17] | Good Lord, no no. Start pouring, man. | 天呐 不不 开始干吧伙计 |
[11:23] | Dad and Daphne, | 老爸 Daphne |
[11:24] | if you’re almost finishing, I can call for your car. | 如果快吃完了 我可以帮你们把车叫来 |
[11:27] | You know your parking attendant looked familiar. | 停车指挥员看起来很眼熟 |
[11:29] | It was Otto, the waiter. | 是Otto啊 那个服务员 |
[11:31] | Didn’t have the heart to let him go, so | 不忍心让他走 |
[11:34] | – Hello, Otto. – ‘Who is this?’ | – 嘿 Otto – 哪位 |
[11:38] | It’s Dr Crane. | Crane医生 |
[11:40] | Please bring up car for 44, please. Thank you. | 请把44号桌的车提出来 谢谢 |
[11:43] | The innovation of mine. | 这是我的创意 |
[11:45] | This way your car will be waiting when you’re finished. | 吃完就能直接上车了 |
[11:56] | Maurice, I thought we agreed one large bowl for soufflé. | Maurice 我以为说好做大碗的 |
[12:00] | This is crazy! This is my kitchen! | 太可恶了 这是我的厨房 |
[12:02] | It’s in my restaurant! | 这是我的餐厅 |
[12:03] | so one big bowl! Chop-chop. | 做个大碗的 快点快点 |
[12:05] | You you you, table 12 is still waiting for their entree. | 你 12号的客人还在等着主菜呢 |
[12:09] | Don’t force me to send them complimentary zucchini. | 别逼我赠送他们免费西葫芦 |
[12:11] | That’s the “In” Door, sir. | 那是进来的门 先生 |
[12:13] | Good lord, I wonder what I hit. | 天哪 我好像撞着了什么 |
[12:14] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[12:15] | I think this man must’ve fainted. | 他被撞晕了 |
[12:17] | Here, Help me get him into the kitchen. | 来 帮我把他抬进厨房 |
[12:20] | That’s the “Out” Door. | 那是出来的门 |
[12:22] | Well, no harm done. | 还好没伤着人 |
[12:24] | Good Lord I think his nose is broken. | 上帝啊 我想他鼻子断了 |
[12:26] | What shall we do? | 我们该怎么办 |
[12:28] | Start ladling out zucchini. | 把免费西葫芦拿出来发吧 |
[12:30] | That one’s out cold! | 他不省人事了 |
[12:31] | Give me a hand, I’ll take them both to the emergency room. | 帮我一把 我把他们送去急诊室 |
[12:33] | This is a good idea, please help this man. | 好主意 快来帮帮他 |
[12:38] | I’m trying to remain a happy brother, | 我想保持欢乐兄弟的形象 |
[12:40] | but do you find it just the tiniest bit discouraging | 但你们有没有意识到 |
[12:42] | that suddenly we find ourselves with neither waiters nor a bartender?! | 我们现在没服务员 也没有酒保了 |
[12:45] | First rule of the kitchen, Niles. Remain calm. | 厨房守则第一条 保持镇定 |
[12:48] | No, no, no I told you individual cups,you oaf! | 不 我说了做小杯的 呆子 |
[12:52] | I told him one large bowl! | 我让他做大碗的 |
[12:53] | Are you out of your mind? | 你疯了吗 |
[12:54] | Why not just serve it in a baseball glove for god sake? | 不如放棒球手套里端上去 |
[12:59] | Ridiculous! How gauche! | 荒谬 太傻了 |
[13:02] | I didn’t know you had this streak! | 我不知道你这么不讲理 |
[13:03] | Maurice! No, wait! | Maurice 不 等等 |
[13:05] | Please let me finish! | 让我说完 |
[13:06] | It was an oversight. | 这是我们的疏忽 |
[13:09] | Oh, now what? | 现在怎么办 |
[13:10] | Simple. | 很简单 |
[13:11] | We’ll just make a battlefield promotion. | 来个战场上那种越级提拔 |
[13:13] | Congratulations. You are our new head chef. | 恭喜你 你现在是新主厨了 |
[13:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:16] | You’ll make us proud. | 你肯定会让我们骄傲的 |
[13:17] | We’ve a very important clientele out there. | 外面有特别重要的客人 |
[13:19] | Yes, the Governor’s table alone | 没错 仅仅官员专座那儿 |
[13:20] | we have two senators and the head of the Immigration Bureau. | 就有两个参议员和一个移民局头头 |
[13:23] | Sacre bleu! | 我的天呐 |
[13:36] | Do you have any other names you’d like to drop? | 还有提名吗 |
[13:39] | Fine, now we have no chef. | 很好 我们没有厨师了 |
[13:44] | No. No. Put the hat down. | 不 不行 快把帽子放下 |
[13:47] | You are our new head chef. | 你现在是主厨了 |
[13:49] | I can’t possibly cook all this food. | 我不可能把这些都做了啊 |
[13:51] | Oh, of course you can, Niles. most of the meals are already started. | 当然可以 这些肉都准备好了 |
[13:54] | My God, Dad and Daphne can help us out. | 天呐 老爸和Daphne可以帮忙的 |
[13:56] | Otto, cancel car 44. | Otto 不用提44号车了 |
[13:59] | ‘Who is this?’ | 你是哪位 |
[14:00] | Dr Crane! It’s always Dr Crane! I’m the only one on here. | Crane医生 一直都是我 这儿只有我 |
[14:07] | Dad, Daphne, we need your help. | 爸 Daphne 需要你俩帮忙 |
[14:10] | We’ve got a little disaster. | 出了点小麻烦 |
[14:11] | Disaster? | 麻烦 |
[14:12] | Will you…! The entire staff has walked out. It’s a long story. | 后厨人员都走了 说来话长 |
[14:18] | but Daphne, I need you in the kitchen | Daphne 我需要你去厨房 |
[14:19] | and you behind the bar. | 你去吧台 |
[14:21] | You can gloat later. | 你可以等会再幸灾乐祸 |
[14:23] | I’ll pencil it in. | 我会写下来的 |
[14:26] | Well, it won’t be the first time I’ve had to wash dishes for my supper | 这不是我第一次饭后洗盘子了 |
[14:30] | but who’s going to wait on all these tables? | 可谁去招待客人啊 |
[14:32] | Frasier Oh, Frasier. | |
[14:35] | Roz Roz Roz! Roz, Roz, oh, Roz. | |
[14:40] | I’m glad to see you, too. | 见到你也很高兴 |
[14:42] | Frasier, this is my date, Brad. | Frasier 这是我男伴 Brad |
[14:44] | Brad, pleasure. | Brad 幸会 |
[14:44] | He is pretty great, huh? | 很不错吧 |
[14:45] | Oh, yes, yes. | 当然了 |
[14:47] | So have you got our special table? | 你给我们留了贵宾桌吧 |
[14:48] | Yes, I certainly have, | 当然 |
[14:48] | But before you sit at it, there’s something I want to discuss with you. | 不过落座之前我要跟你说个事 |
[14:52] | It’s probably some kind of surprise. | 可能有惊喜哦 |
[14:53] | Oh, try to fool you! | 还想骗你一下呢 |
[14:56] | What’s your poison? | 喝点什么 |
[14:57] | Oh, I don’t know, maybe I should wait for Roz. | 我不知道 我该等Roz来 |
[14:59] | I’d have one now. | 还是先来一杯比较好 |
[15:02] | Blackmailer! | 阴谋家 |
[15:05] | Honey, listen I’m really, really sorry, | 亲爱的 真的很抱歉 |
[15:08] | but Frasier’s a dear friend | 但Frasier是我好朋友 |
[15:09] | and waiters had a terrible accident | 他的服务员受伤了 |
[15:11] | and this is a grand opening, | 今晚是开业典礼 |
[15:12] | he really, really needs my help. | 他真的需要我帮忙 |
[15:14] | So I hope you’ll try to understand. | 希望你能够理解 |
[15:16] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[15:18] | Listen can I get a menu and some bread and butter? | 能给我拿份菜单 还有面包和黄油吗 |
[15:24] | Dad. | 爸 |
[15:25] | Hi, buddy, you from around here? How about those Supersonics? | 嗨 你是这附近的 来杯超音速怎么样 |
[15:30] | Listen, Niles is trying to panic up the kitchen. | Niles在厨房慌着神 |
[15:33] | I don’t know if we’re going to be able to pull this thing off. | 我不知道能不能搞定 |
[15:35] | Why don’t you just level with them? tell them what happened. | 为什么你不告诉他们发生了什么 |
[15:37] | People are more understanding than you think. | 人们比你想象得善解人意 |
[15:41] | You maybe alright, | 也许你是对的 |
[15:42] | maybe honesty is the best policy. | 也许坦诚是最好的办法 |
[15:46] | Everyone! | 大家好 |
[15:49] | Excuse me. Ladies and Gentlemen, | 打扰了 女士们先生们 |
[15:52] | I would just like to say… | 我想要告诉你们 |
[15:54] | Good evening, Frasier. | 晚上好 Frasier |
[15:56] | Bon appetit! | 祝大家有个好胃口 |
[15:59] | Gil, Gil I can’t be more surprise to see you. | Gil 见到你太惊讶了 |
[16:01] | I thought you never reviewed opening nights. | 我以为你不会参加开业典礼的 |
[16:03] | You are my friend, I made an exception | 你是我朋友 我破例参加 |
[16:05] | and special surprise | 为了给你惊喜 |
[16:06] | I brought an entire table of restaurant critics. | 我带了一大桌美食评论家 |
[16:09] | Oh, well, oh, that’s…lovely. | 哇 太棒了 |
[16:13] | We’re so booked up I don’t know if we can accommodate you. | 预约太满了 不知道还有没有空位 |
[16:15] | Oh, we’ll take that one over there. | 就坐那边吧 |
[16:17] | We don’t mind squeezing in. | 我们不介意挤挤的 |
[16:18] | We’re salivating to try the anguilla. | 我们对鳗鱼垂涎已久 |
[16:21] | We hear you chef’s an absolute wizard with eels. | 听说你们主厨做鳗鱼是一绝 |
[16:23] | Eels? Well, that was his old speciality. | 鳗鱼 那是他以前的特色菜 |
[16:28] | You really must try his new specialty | 你们一定要试试他的新拿手菜 |
[16:30] | Scrambled eggs. | 炒鸡蛋 |
[16:35] | Eels it is. | 好吧 鳗鱼 |
[16:37] | Okay, table four wants to make some changes, | 四号桌想改菜单 |
[16:39] | they want the Sole Veronique without grapes, | 他们想要维罗妮卡鳎鱼不加葡萄 |
[16:41] | spinach instead of broccoli, | 菠菜换成西兰花 |
[16:43] | risotto instead of pasta. | 意面换成意大利饭 |
[16:44] | They also want the swordfish but hold the capers… | 他们还想要剑鱼 不加刺山柑 |
[16:47] | Oh, for heaven’s sakes, can’t you just tell them no substitutions? | 上帝啊 就不能告诉他们换不了吗 |
[16:50] | I have trouble saying no. | 我不知道怎么拒绝 |
[16:52] | So the guidebooks tell us. | 指导书里也这么说 |
[16:55] | You want to get thrown in the tank with the rest of the eels? | 你想被扔进鱼缸 和那些鳗鱼待一起吗 |
[16:57] | Well, you’re not making this very easy. | 你也没帮上什么忙 |
[16:59] | You walks in here, wearing like a waitress la-di-da, | 走进来 穿得像个服务员 说这说那 |
[17:02] | “Extra broccoli, hold the capers,” | “加点西兰花 少放刺山柑” |
[17:05] | then you go out on the fun side of the door. | 然后就去门那边快活了 |
[17:07] | You want to trade places with me Mary Poppins? | 想跟我换吗 Mary Poppins |
[17:09] | Be my guest. | 我很乐意 |
[17:11] | How dare you use that tone with her? | 你怎么敢用这种语气跟她说话 |
[17:17] | All right, stop it! | 好了 闭嘴 |
[17:21] | Get a grip. | 都控制一下情绪 |
[17:22] | You’re not being asked to do anything, | 你们不是被叫来什么也不干的 |
[17:23] | that none of us have never done before | 我们在自家厨房里 |
[17:25] | in our own kitchens to our own homes. | 谁也没干过这些活 |
[17:26] | Now, quick, Niles, kill five eels! | 现在 麻利点 Niles 再杀五条鳗鱼 |
[17:29] | Wait! Wait! | 等一下 等一下 |
[17:35] | What? | 你说什么 |
[17:35] | I’m serious. | 我认真的 |
[17:36] | Every restaurant critic in Seattle are out there wants anguilla. | 西雅图的美食家都在等着鳗鱼 |
[17:38] | So start killing eels! | 开始杀吧 |
[17:40] | But wait, wait, how do you suggest I do that? | 等一下 我怎么会做啊 |
[17:42] | How do I know, you’re the chef! | 我怎么知道 你是厨师 |
[17:43] | Throw a toaster in the damn tank for all I care! | 把面包机扔进鱼缸电死它们好了 |
[17:48] | not to worry. Gil, Eels are on their way. | 不要急Gil 鳗鱼马上就来 |
[17:52] | Our mouths are watering Frasier. | 我们都垂涎欲滴了 Frasier |
[17:54] | Our chef is in the process of… | 我们的厨师正在 |
[18:03] | frying them now. | 炸呢 |
[18:05] | Excuse me, this is Veal Piccata. | 不好意思 这是香煎小牛肉 |
[18:09] | I ordered Veal Marsala. | 我点的是白酒小牛肉 |
[18:10] | Oh, that is. I’ll rectify that at once. | 对啊 马上给您换 |
[18:13] | I’ll be right back. | 我很快回来 |
[18:15] | Niles, this Veal Piccata has to be Veal Marsala. | Niles 把香煎小牛肉换成白酒的 |
[18:24] | Now it is. | 这就好了 |
[18:27] | The mayor’s table all want Cherries Jubilee for dessert. | 市长那桌要火焰樱桃当甜点 |
[18:30] | Fine. You flame them. | 好的 你先点上火 |
[18:32] | I’ll be outside to serve them. | 我一会去上菜 |
[18:33] | Niles, how are those eels coming? | Niles 鳗鱼怎么样了 |
[18:34] | I’m just trimming them now. | 我正处理呢 |
[18:36] | Oh, no, no, no. Take them out of the tank! | 不不不 从缸里拿出来 |
[18:39] | Not till I’m sure they’re dead! | 除非我确定它们死了 |
[18:42] | Oh, for heaven’s sakes! | 上帝啊 |
[18:58] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[19:01] | Big blue flash. | 蓝色闪电 |
[19:03] | Cherries everywhere. | 樱桃炸得到处都是 |
[19:10] | Lucky it didn’t set off the sprinkler system. | 还好没触发自动洒水系统 |
[19:12] | Yes, fortunately we have building a safety delay | 是啊 还好设置了安全延时 |
[19:15] | for just this sort of thing. | 就是为了应对这种情况 |
[19:16] | Give you the 15 seconds before the sprinklers… | 给你们15秒收拾直到洒水装置 |
[19:22] | kick in. | 启动 |
[19:25] | Where do I turn it off? | 在哪关 |
[19:27] | Over there. | 那边 |
[19:27] | I hope you’re satisfied! | 你满意了吧 |
[19:29] | You thinned my brown sauce. | 调味料快稀释得没味道了 |
[19:34] | Good news! That was just a test! | 好消息 这只是个演习 |
[19:40] | I want my car! Now! | 把车给我 现在 |
[19:41] | Yes, ma’am, right away. | 好的 夫人 马上 |
[19:44] | Quick, Otto, bring car twenty-three right away. And hurry! | Otto 把23号桌的车提出来 快点 |
[19:47] | “Who is this?” | 你是谁 |
[19:48] | It’s the voice of God! | 我是上帝 |
[19:50] | Doc, Doc, great touch with the sprinklers! | 医生 医生 洒水装置好棒 |
[19:53] | My date’s dress is clinging to her like saran wrap! | 我女伴的礼服像塑料包装纸一样贴身了 |
[19:56] | Oh, Ladies and Gentlemen. Every restaurant has to adjustment period. | 各位 每个餐厅都有整合期 |
[20:00] | I hope someday you look this back, | 希望日后想起的时候 |
[20:01] | you’ll remember this as an adventure! | 你们会把这次经历看成是冒险 |
[20:03] | And if they don’t remember it, I’ll remind them. | 如果他们忘了 我会提醒他们的 |
[20:08] | Now for those of you who are leaving. | 你们要离开的话 |
[20:10] | Please keep us in mind for your next special occasion. | 请记得日后再次光临 |
[20:14] | We plan many new and exciting innovations in the weeks to come. | 接下来几周会推出很多新花样 |
[20:24] | Starting with… | 就从 |
[20:26] | our drive-through window. | 穿墙而过的取餐窗口开始 |
[20:30] | Number 23 is ready. | 23号的车来了 |
[20:47] | How much firepower do you suppose is necessary | 你觉得多大的劲才能 |
[20:50] | to imbed a cherry in an acoustic ceiling tile? | 让樱桃嵌进天花板啊 |
[20:54] | Another question we should ask ourselves | 另一个好问题 |
[20:56] | before we entering the exciting world of food service. | 在我们进入餐饮业前就该问了 |
[21:02] | Man, those eels are starting to stink. | 那些鳗鱼开始发臭了 |
[21:06] | Dad, for an hour you’ve been circling us like a shark. | 爸 你像鲨鱼似的围着我们转了一个小时 |
[21:09] | Why don’t you just give us your little speech | 你为啥不教育我们一下 |
[21:11] | and get on with it. | 然后这事就算翻页了呢 |
[21:11] | Hey, come on, I know you guys. | 振作点 我了解你们 |
[21:14] | You guys will punish yourselves enough without me chiming in. | 你们会自我惩罚 不需要我插手的 |
[21:18] | Thanks. I appreciate it. | 谢了 太感激了 |
[21:19] | Hey, I’m your dad. | 我可是你们老爸 |
[21:24] | Hello, Happy Brothers Restaurant. | 你好 欢乐兄弟餐厅 |
[21:28] | Table for two? No problem. | 两人桌 没问题 |
[21:30] | Smoke damaged or non-smoke damaged? | 吸烟被毁区还是无烟被毁区 |
[21:37] | You know, we could tell people he died in the explosion. | 我们可以对外说他是死于爆炸的 |