时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Come on in! Come on, it’s all over! | 快进来 行了 别招它了 |
[00:13] | He won’t mess with you! Are you nuts? That was a Doberman! | 你也打不过它呀 傻吧你 人家可是大杜宾 |
[00:18] | Oh dear, what happened? | 老天 怎么了 |
[00:19] | Oh, get the first aid kit. Eddie got into a fight. | 咳 快把急救箱拿来 Eddie打架来着 |
[00:23] | We were on the elevator with that Doberman from upstairs. | 我们在电梯里碰上了楼上的那只杜宾犬 |
[00:26] | Eddie took a perfectly innocent sniff, and wham! | Eddie就是好奇 上去闻了闻 看给我们打的 |
[00:30] | Morning, all. | 早上好啊 |
[00:32] | – What’s all this? – Eddie was viciously attacked. | – 干嘛呢这是 – Eddie被胖揍了一顿 |
[00:35] | Is that coffee cake I smell? | 你做咖啡蛋糕了吗 |
[00:40] | Well, now that I look at it, it’s just a scratch. | 仔细一看 还好就是一点挠伤 |
[00:43] | But I probably should take him to the vet’s anyway. | 不过 我还是带它去趟宠物医院比较好 |
[00:45] | What are you doing up so early? | 你今天怎么起这么早 |
[00:47] | Oh, the new station manager’s taking over today. | 噢 今天新来的女台长第一天上班 |
[00:49] | – She wanted to meet with all of us. – “She?” | – 她想见见我们 – 女的 |
[00:52] | – Oh, working for a woman, huh? – Yes, why? | – 嗯 在个女老板下面打工 – 怎么了 |
[00:56] | Well, it’s tough on guys, taking orders from a woman. | 男人向来受不了由女人发号施令指手画脚的 |
[00:59] | – We resent it! – That’s absurd. | – 我们最恨这个 – 别胡扯了 |
[01:01] | If I had trouble taking orders from a woman | 我要是受不了女人发号施令 |
[01:03] | …Frederick would never have been conceived! | 哪能有个儿子 |
[01:08] | My brothers couldn’t stand taking orders from me. | 我们家哥几个就听不了我絮叨 |
[01:11] | I was forever telling them | 我总是语重心长地说 |
[01:12] | “Billy, clean your room.” | “Billy 收拾一下你的房间” |
[01:13] | “Reginald, get your elbow out of the gravy.” | “Reginald 别把胳膊肘放在肉汁碗里” |
[01:15] | “Nigel, take that thing back to the hospital | “Nigel你看这满屋子的苍蝇… |
[01:17] | the whole house is full of flies!” | 快把那尸体还回医院去吧” |
[01:22] | – Morning, Niles. – Hello, Frasier. Dad, Daphne. | – 早啊 Niles – 早 Frasier 老爸 Daphne |
[01:25] | Uh, I can’t stay, I just wanted to ask a favor. | 我不多呆了 就是想问个事儿 |
[01:27] | Dad, can I borrow your gun? | 爸 能不能把手枪借我用用 |
[01:30] | – Maris taking singing lessons again? – No. | – Maris又开始上声乐课了 – 不是 |
[01:35] | Our home security system is down for repairs | 家里的安全系统正在检修 |
[01:37] | and with no electric gates | 电防盗门一坏 |
[01:38] | I’ll just feel safer if I’m packing heat. | 揣着把枪心里觉得安全点儿 |
[01:41] | Oh, for heaven’s sake, Niles. | 行了 Niles 别跟这扯了 |
[01:42] | You don’t even know how to pack a lunch. | 你连揣饭团都不利索 |
[01:45] | Dad, please. Maris is a wreck ever since she found out | 给我吧 老爸 Maris自从听说了我们小区的巡防队 |
[01:48] | our entire neighborhood watch is wintering in Palm Beach. | 去棕榈滩过冬了就整天寻死觅活的 |
[01:51] | Forget it, you don’t know the first thing about guns. | 别想了 枪怎么用你一点儿不懂 |
[01:53] | I do so. I promise I’ll | 我知道 我保证一定会 |
[01:55] | open the spinny thing and check for bullets | 先打开那个会转的东西看看里面有没有子弹 |
[01:57] | before I shoot anybody. | 然后再开枪打人 |
[01:59] | Actually, Dr. Crane, your father’s gun isn’t a revolver. | 呃 Crane医生 你爸的那把不是左轮手枪 |
[02:02] | It’s a Colt .45 ACP with a single stack magazine. | 是支45ACP单排弹匣全自动手枪 |
[02:07] | When I first came to America, I worked at a convenience store. | 哦 我刚来美国时 在便利店当收银员 |
[02:14] | Dad, please. | 老爸 你最好了 |
[02:14] | No! I don’t believe in civilians having guns. | 不行 平民老百姓拿枪准会坏事儿 |
[02:17] | This isn’t fair! Maris’s mother gave her a gun! | 我不干 Maris都有枪 我丈母娘给的 |
[02:19] | Well, then Maris’s mother can clean the mess up | 好啊 等Maris不小心一枪崩了你之后 |
[02:21] | after she accidentally blows your brains out. | 她娘正好能清理下现场 |
[02:24] | Dad, now you’re talking nonsense. | 老爸 您都说胡话了 |
[02:25] | Maris’s mother has never cleaned anything in her life. | 我这位老丈母娘这辈子就没清理过任何东西 |
[02:35] | This stinks. This is total BS | 傻逼 太傻逼了 |
[02:37] | I can’t work for a chick. They’re out of control. | 我她妈才不会听个娘们儿指挥呢 真是疯了 |
[02:39] | They are completely ruled by their hormones. | 她们的情绪全由荷尔蒙支配 |
[02:42] | It’ll never work. | 我可怎么活啊 |
[02:47] | All right, all right, listen up everyone. | 同志们 同志们 听我说 |
[02:48] | I’ve been working the office grapevine. | 我打听了一下小道消息 |
[02:49] | I’ve got the scoop on the new boss. | 挖到了一些新老板的料 |
[02:51] | – Is she going to fire me? – Hey, first things first! | – 她会不会开了我 – 净说些有的没的 |
[02:53] | Is she baggable? | 丫是不是个丑八怪 |
[02:56] | Forget it, Bulldog, she’d have you for breakfast. | 别做梦了 Bulldog 小心人家把你当早餐吃了 |
[02:58] | Right, like I ever stick around that long. | 我怎么可能留到吃早餐的时候 完事就走啦 |
[03:02] | Anyway, the word is that she’s like this psycho perfectionist. | 说正经儿的 听说她是个极致的完美主义者 |
[03:06] | Everyone at her last station was scared to death of her. | 在以前的电台 每个人都怕她怕得要命 |
[03:08] | She’s kind of becoming my idol. | 她现在就是我偶像 |
[03:09] | Hey, what if she hates sports? | 那她要是讨厌体育呢 还不得开了我 |
[03:11] | I need this job. | 我还得养家糊口呢 |
[03:13] | I just promised my mom a new pacemaker. | 我刚答应给我妈买个心脏起搏器 |
[03:15] | Wait, think I could get her to believe | 等等 我能不能骗过她说 |
[03:17] | I said “Pasta maker?” | 其实我是要给她买个新簸箕 |
[03:21] | Now, look, there’s no reason | 太荒谬了 |
[03:22] | for us to give in to our insecurities. | 我们何必在这人人自危呢 |
[03:24] | We all do good, solid shows. | 再说大家都兢兢业业地做节目 |
[03:26] | We hardly even know this woman | 连面儿都还没见 |
[03:27] | and already we’re painting her as a heartless Medusa! | 我们就已经把她魔化成一个铁石心肠的美杜莎了 |
[03:34] | She said my ratings are down. She said I’m not “Hip.” | 她说我收听率低 她说我不流行了 |
[03:40] | Father Mike, are you all right? | 你没事吧 Mike神父 |
[03:42] | The little thug fired me! | 妈的 那贱人开除了我 |
[03:47] | – I’m so sorry. – Did she say anything else? | – 天哪 – 她还说什么了 |
[03:50] | She said, “Send in Frasier.” | 她说 “把Frasier叫进来” |
[03:57] | Listen, tell the movers I want the couch | 你听着 告诉那搬运工 那沙发 |
[04:00] | directly in front of the bookcase. | 必须放在书柜的正前方 |
[04:04] | Oh, have a seat. | 噢 进来 坐 |
[04:10] | No, not there! In front of the bookcase! | 不 不是那儿 是在书柜前面 |
[04:17] | Look, I got somebody here! | 听着 我这还有事儿 |
[04:21] | Could we move the furniture later? Could we do that? | 咱们回头再说怎么摆家具吧 您觉得呢 |
[04:27] | Dr. Frasier Crane! Kate Costas. | 你好Frasier Crane医生 我是Kate Costas |
[04:31] | Kate, what a pleasure. | 你好 Kate 幸会 |
[04:31] | Likewise. I’ve been listening to the tapes of all your shows. | 幸会 我一直在听你之前节目的录音 |
[04:35] | I love what you’re doing. | 我非常喜欢你的节目 |
[04:36] | Really? Well, thank you very much! | 真的吗 太谢谢您的鼓励了 |
[04:40] | I like to think of my show as a haven | 我觉得我的节目就好比是给 |
[04:42] | for the tempest-tossed in the maelstrom of everyday life. | 暴雨中苦苦挣扎的人们的避风港 宛若天堂 |
[04:46] | Wow. You really talk that way. | 呵呵 你果然平时说话也这么夸张 |
[04:50] | Anyway, your ratings are very good. | 不过 你的收听率不错 |
[04:52] | But I still think we can do better. Any ideas? | 可我觉得还有提升空间 你有什么想法 |
[04:57] | How to improve my show? | 怎样还能做得更好 |
[05:03] | That is a tall order. | 这可是个苛求啊 |
[05:06] | Oh, wait, you know, I was thinking of playing classical music | 哦 对了 话说 我想过可以在开场白前 |
[05:09] | before my intros. Let’s say, perhaps | 播放古典音乐 比如说 |
[05:11] | Bartok’s Concerto for Orchestra in D Minor. | 巴托克的D小调乐队协奏曲 |
[05:14] | It’s too highbrow. I mean, I love classical music | 太阳春白雪了 虽然我个人也很喜欢古典音乐 |
[05:17] | but to most people it’s a big snore. | 但是对于大多数听众来说 会非常无聊 |
[05:19] | Oh, incidentally, Bartok’s Concerto is in C. | 哦 顺便提一句 巴托克的乐队协奏曲是C调 |
[05:23] | – Are you sure? – Positive. | – 你确定 – 当然 |
[05:25] | I put myself through college working at a classical station. | 我大学时靠在古典乐广播站里打工养活自己 |
[05:28] | Let’s talk about advertising. You’ve got a great face. | 咱们再谈谈广告吧 你看你长得也不赖 |
[05:31] | I want to see it on t-shirts, I want to see it on park benches | 我要在T恤上 在公园的长椅上都印上你的脸 |
[05:35] | …I even want to see it on Frisbees. | …还有 飞盘上 |
[05:36] | Everybody in Seattle should be tossing it, | 西雅图人民手里扔的 |
[05:38] | wearing it, sitting on it! | 身上穿的 屁股下坐着的 都应该是你 |
[05:44] | Wonderful. | 忒好了呀 |
[05:46] | You know, I hate to nitpick, | 那啥 我不是爱较真 |
[05:47] | but I’m certain that concerto’s in D. | 但我确定那乐队协奏曲是D调 |
[05:50] | – I was a music minor at Harvard. – It’s in C. | – 我在哈佛辅修音乐 – 就是C调 |
[05:53] | It was commissioned by Serge Kosivinsky in 1943 | 自1943年在Serge Kosivinsky的指挥下 |
[05:56] | for the Boston Symphony Orchestra… | 波士顿交响乐团首演以来 |
[05:58] | …and since then it’s been | 这曲子一共录制过30次 |
[05:58] | recorded over thirty times, each time, in C. | 每一次 都是C调 |
[06:04] | Well maybe you’re right. Maybe I’m right. | 你或许没错 但或许对的是我 |
[06:09] | Also, I think you should start doing theme shows. | 另外 我觉得你应该开始做专题节目 |
[06:12] | Devote a whole show to people having extramarital affairs | 做一系列关注婚外情的节目 |
[06:15] | or devote a whole show | 或者面向那些 |
[06:16] | to people with aberrant sexual practices. | 有奇怪性癖好的人群做专题 |
[06:20] | – Could you give me a hand with that box over there? – Of course. | – 麻烦你把那边的箱子拿过来 – 没问题 |
[06:25] | Kate… Kate… | |
[06:28] | …you know, that advertising thing. | 广告宣传这事 |
[06:31] | It’s a very good idea. But that | 我觉得这提议挺好 但是… |
[06:34] | These theme shows, uh, it’s a less good idea. | 搞专题节目这事儿 嗯 就不是那么好 |
[06:38] | You might even say a worse idea. | 直说的话 其实非常不好 |
[06:40] | – Why is that? – Well | – 怎么说 – 我吧 |
[06:43] | I am a doctor, and I’d hate to have the serious work I do | 我是个医生 我不想让商业广告玷污了 |
[06:48] | be tainted by commercialism. | 我这份儿神圣的职业 |
[06:50] | But you don’t mind the Frisbees. | 可你都接受了飞盘那提议啊 |
[06:52] | Well, I don’t want to be entirely uncooperative. | 我不是也不能一点儿也不配合嘛 |
[06:56] | It’s just that, well, you know, I’ve been in the radio game | 只是 你也知道 我做节目也有 |
[06:59] | for some time now, and I think I’ve learned enough about | 相当一段时间 对广播这行当了解地 |
[07:02] | broadcasting, as they say, to know what it is | 也差不多了 我知道听众想要的 |
[07:06] | that makes my show a good show. | 是什么 怎么才能讨好听众 |
[07:10] | My God, you’ve won six Golden Mike awards? | 天哪 你得过六次金话筒奖 |
[07:12] | Aren’t you sweet to notice. | 多亏您还注意得到 |
[07:16] | Finally, I would like you | 还有 我希望你 |
[07:17] | to start giving priority to the juicier calls. | 多安排接一些比较有料的电话 |
[07:20] | That’s called pandering! | 这是迎合低级趣味 |
[07:22] | And that is called a Peabody Award! | 这是我的皮博迪奖杯 |
[07:27] | Well, what exactly do you expect me to do? Say to a caller | 那你想让我怎么做 跟来电听众说 |
[07:31] | “Listen, Bob, I’m sorry you lost your job | “我说Bob 我也不想你失业 |
[07:32] | but unemployment’s a snore! | 但这事儿 没人爱听啊 |
[07:33] | Why don’t you go sleep with your best friend’s wife | 不如 你先去把你哥们儿的老婆睡了 |
[07:35] | and call in on Monday when it’ll be | 然后周一再来电 那会儿我会在 |
[07:36] | Infidelity Day on the Frasier Crane Show!” | “出轨这回事儿”的节目跟你聊 乖啊” |
[07:40] | I really know what I’m doing here. | 我很懂行的 |
[07:42] | The psychiatrists at my last station went national. | 我以前台里的心理医生现在已经走向全国了 |
[07:45] | Well, you know, I’d rather stay local | 哼 如果当全国知名主持人 |
[07:47] | if going national means sucking | 就是得没完没了地哗众取宠 耸人听闻的话 |
[07:48] | at the sump-pump of sensationalism! | 那我宁愿缩在西雅图 |
[07:51] | Well, I’m the boss, Doc. So, pucker up! | 哼 我是你老板 所以 别逼逼了 |
[07:56] | Listen, lady, I’m not changing my show. | 你听着 女士 我是不会改我节目的 |
[07:58] | Unless you’re willing to explain to the owners | 除非你已经准备好了怎么跟股东解释 |
[08:00] | why you fired one of your highest-rated hosts | 为什么开除了最受欢迎的台柱子 |
[08:02] | well then there’s nothing you can do about it, is there? | 不然你也无计可施 是不是 |
[08:06] | Well, we’re coming up on 3 A.M. | 现在是凌晨3点 |
[08:14] | Roz, who’s our next caller? | Roz 我们下一个来电听众是谁呢 |
[08:16] | Who cares? | 管他呢 |
[08:26] | I got to disagree with your last two callers. | 我不赞成前两位来电听众的看法 |
[08:29] | I’m in the same line of work, and I think | 我也是干这一行的 照我说 |
[08:30] | that what we do is very important! People depend on us! | 我们的工作非常重要 人们十分需要我们 |
[08:33] | I got to go, Doc, it’s time to powder the jelly donuts. | 我得挂了 医生 该给甜甜圈撒糖了 |
[08:44] | Well, I hate to cut short this enthralling symposium | 我实在不想中断这美妙的研讨会 |
[08:48] | but perhaps we could hear from | 但一晚上全是面包师 |
[08:50] | some non-bakers for a change? | 咱们能不能接个别的行业的听众 |
[08:54] | Wrap it up, will you? We’re finally done. | 说结束语吧 赶紧的 终于到点了 |
[08:56] | Oh, thank God. | 噢 谢天谢地 |
[08:57] | Stay tuned for the news, weather, and sports. | 不要走开 稍后是新闻 天气和体育报道 |
[08:59] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, yadda-yadda-yadda, bye. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 啦啦啦啦啦 再见了您呐 |
[09:05] | Really stunk up the airwaves with that one, didn’t we? | 这期节目大失水准 可把电台搞臭了 有木有 |
[09:07] | Frasier, I want you to flash forward to tonight. | Frasier 我想给你再现今天早些时候的场景 |
[09:11] | It’s sometime after midnight. | 在那夜色正好的午夜时分 |
[09:13] | Dennis Abbott and I have just had | 我和Dennis Abbott在Le Ralee |
[09:14] | A glorious meal at Le Ralee. Dennis has just asked me | 刚享受完一顿美味大餐 然后他深情款款地问我 |
[09:18] | back to his penthouse apartment | 要不要去他家 |
[09:20] | to see his priceless collection of silk sheets. | 用我的肌肤感受下他收藏的那昂贵的丝质床单 |
[09:22] | And I lean forward and whisper | 我呢 只能在他耳边吹气说 |
[09:25] | “I can’t. I have to go to work in an hour.” | 人家不行嘛 人家1小时候后还得录节目 |
[09:29] | What is wrong with this picture?! | 这场景有什么问题么 |
[09:32] | Well, for starters, you at Le Ralee. | 最明显的 你居然在Le Ralee吃饭 |
[09:35] | It’s a two-week wait. | 那儿得等两周才订得到位子 |
[09:37] | So is Dennis Abbott! | Dennis Abbott也特么得等两周才能约出来的好吧 |
[09:40] | Frasier, we have got to get our old time slot back! | Frasier 我们得把之前的节目时段拿回来 |
[09:43] | Don’t worry, Roz, we will. She just moved us to break our spirit. | 别着急 Roz 她会妥协的 她就是想消消我们锐气 |
[09:46] | Well, she can saddle me up and ride me around the coffee room! | 那让她骑着我 在休息室转悠几圈 不就齐活了 |
[09:49] | I can’t do this again! | 我再也受不了了 |
[09:52] | – Good morning. – Oh, hello. | – 早上好 – 哦 早上好 |
[09:55] | Enjoying your new time slot? | 新时段做的可开心啊 |
[09:56] | As a matter of fact, I found it invigorating! Didn’t you, Roz? | 实际上 我觉得神清气爽 你说呢 Roz |
[10:00] | Remember that woman who called in, uh, you know | 你还记得那个来电的女的么 |
[10:02] | with the delusions of grandeur? | 充满高高在上的错觉 |
[10:05] | Couldn’t understand why nobody liked her. | 不明白为什么大家都不喜欢她 |
[10:11] | Well, I hope you explained to her | 恩 我希望你是这么跟她解释的 |
[10:12] | that it’s not important that people like her | 受人喜爱这事 没什么意思 |
[10:14] | – as long as they respect her. – Oh yes, respect is important. | – 主要是人们得尊重她 – 啊 说的对 受尊重很重要 |
[10:18] | -So is self-respect. -Oh, yes, yes | – 自重更重要 – 噢 是啊… |
[10:21] | but some people ? And this is so unfortunate | 但是对于某些人 真可惜他们 |
[10:23] | can’t tell the difference | 分不清什么是 |
[10:24] | between self-respect and pig-headedness. | 自爱自重 什么是冥顽不灵 |
[10:26] | Yes, but those people are usually rigid little demagogues | 对 但那些人通常都是固执的煽动者 |
[10:29] | who don’t know the difference | 他们分不清什么是 |
[10:30] | between the kind of respect that is earned | 因为品行端正所受到的尊重 |
[10:32] | and the kind of respect that is… | 而有些尊敬 |
[10:33] | irrespective of what others expect. | 完全 是因为不顾他人感受 |
[10:40] | Isn’t it sad when bad things happen to good sentences? | 名言警句被胡乱篡改的时候 多令人痛心啊 |
[10:45] | I think I made myself clear. | 反正 我该说的都说了 |
[10:47] | Well, I really do have work to do. | 行了 我还有正事要做 |
[10:49] | I’ve got to find somebody for your old time slot | 得找着人来顶你们以前做节目的时间… |
[10:51] | – now that it’s free. – Good luck! | – 现在空下来了呢 – 祝你好运 |
[10:56] | Nice going, Frasier, now she’s never gonna give in. | 干的好啊 Frasier 这下好了 她永远也不会让步了 |
[10:59] | Steady, Roz. She may have been able | 别急 Roz 她也就只能唬唬 |
[11:01] | to intimidate people in other stations | 她以前的同事 |
[11:02] | but here at KACL | 但在这 在KACL 她早晚 |
[11:03] | she’ll find that we are not a bunch of spineless twits! | 会明白我们可不是一帮没有脊梁骨 围着磨转的驴 |
[11:07] | Hey! Is she gone? | 唉 她走了没 |
[11:16] | You don’t want this bacon, I’m giving it to Eddie. | 你不吃培根的话 我就给Eddie了 |
[11:17] | You know that bacon’s not good for him. | 吃培根对它不好 这你也清楚 |
[11:19] | Eddie! Hey, Eddie! Come here, boy! | Eddie 嗨 Eddie 过来 宝贝儿 |
[11:28] | And can’t we take that stupid thing off him? | 我们能不能把这死玩意儿拿下来 |
[11:31] | No! The vet said if he scratches the scabs, they’ll never heal. | 不行 医生说了 要是它抓坏了伤口 就愈合不了了 |
[11:34] | And I have noticed that if you sit him next to the telly | 而且我刚发现 要是把它放在电视机旁边… |
[11:37] | Channel Five comes in a lot clearer. | 第五频道就特别清楚 |
[11:42] | Look at him, he’s humiliated! | 看看它 颜面扫地 |
[11:45] | Yeah, well, it doesn’t help | 恩 楼上那欺负人的坏蛋 |
[11:47] | that that bully upstairs keeps rubbing it in. | 还老戳我们的痛处 |
[11:50] | You tell him, boy! | 好孩子 跟他对骂 |
[11:53] | Oh, for God’s sake, I am trying to get some sleep! | 我的亲妈 我正睡觉呢 |
[11:56] | I asked you to keep that dog quiet | 我说让那只狗给我安生点 |
[11:58] | And instead you outfit him with a megaphone! | 结果你们还给它戴上个扩音器 |
[12:09] | In the last thirty-six hours I haven’t had so much as a nap | 过去36个小时里 我也就打了个盹儿 |
[12:12] | and I’ve got to be back at the station by 2 A.M. | 凌晨2点钟的时候 我特么还要苦逼地回台里 |
[12:15] | Eddie, listen carefully. | Eddie 你给我听着 |
[12:19] | By the time this day is up, one of us is going to sleep. | 天黑之前 不是你死就是我(睡)着 |
[12:25] | Oh, don’t worry, Dr. Crane, I’ll take Eddie for a walk. | 放心睡吧 Crane医生 我带Eddie去溜达溜达 |
[12:28] | And as far as your problem at work goes | 要是工作上有什么困扰… |
[12:30] | – If you want my opinion? – Don’t! | – 需要我的建议的话 – 不用 |
[12:33] | I’ve had my share of women’s opinions for the week | 我特么这星期就听女的发表意见了… |
[12:35] | between the station’s new Reichschancellor | 那电台的希特勒女台长 |
[12:38] | and Roz’s incessant whining! | 还有 Roz没日没夜的牢骚 |
[12:41] | As far as I’m concerned, your entire sex can put a sock in it! | 依我看 根本就不应该允许你们女的说话 |
[12:46] | Boy, you’d never let me get away with a comment like that. | 天 要是我这么跟你说话 你早弄死我了 |
[12:49] | Oh, even the best of us | 咳 人无完人嘛 |
[12:51] | can get a bit cranky when we’re overtired. | 太累了都会发发癫 |
[12:54] | All Dr. Crane needs right now is a little peace and quiet. | 现在 Crane 医生需要的 就是安静 |
[12:59] | Eddie Eddie? | |
[13:02] | Damn it! | 娘的 有完没完 |
[13:08] | Morning, Daphne. Where are you off to? | 早啊 Daphne 你这是去哪 |
[13:10] | – Oh, I’m taking Eddie for a walk. – By yourself? | – 哦 去带Eddie出去走走 – 就你自己 |
[13:13] | Yes, of course. Why not? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[13:15] | It’s dangerous out there. You never know when you might need | 外面江湖险恶 不知道啥时候你就需要… |
[13:20] | one of these. | 来把这个 |
[13:23] | A starter’s pistol? | 一把发令枪 |
[13:27] | Oh, I don’t think so, Dr. Crane. But thanks for the thought. | 哎呦 那就不用了 Crane 医生 不过 多谢操心 |
[13:35] | How did she know it wasn’t a real gun? | 她怎么知道这不是把真枪 |
[13:37] | It fooled the servants | 可是把家仆都骗过了… |
[13:38] | even the ones who spent years fleeing juntas. | 连那些从南美军阀暴君那儿逃出来的也不列外 |
[13:42] | You bought a starter’s pistol? | 你买了个发令枪 |
[13:44] | Yes, you see, as long as Maris thinks it’s real | 是啊 只要Maris以为这是真的… |
[13:47] | it makes her feel secure, but this way no one can get hurt. | 就天下太平了 这样也不会误伤无辜 |
[13:55] | What the hell was that?! | 那特么的是什么 |
[13:58] | – Was that a gunshot?! – Morning, Frasier. Just getting up? | – 谁开枪了 – 早 Frasier 刚起啊 |
[14:02] | “Just getting up?!” | 刚起 啊啊啊啊啊 |
[14:05] | Are you out of your mind?! A gun just went off in here! | 你丫是不是脑子锈掉了 在这里开枪 |
[14:08] | Niles bought a starter’s pistol. | Niles买了把发令枪 |
[14:10] | And there’s no need to get snippy. Accidents happen, you know. | 不要那么暴躁嘛 走火是难免的嘛 |
[14:13] | Oh, I’m sorry, was I snippy? | 噢 我错了 我暴躁了 |
[14:17] | I didn’t realize it was too much to ask | 我就是没想到 我有天会说 |
[14:18] | that there not be gunplay in my living room! | 请不要在我的客厅玩枪 |
[14:24] | You know, Niles, you shouldn’t have any kind of gun, really. | 我说吧 Niles 哪种枪你都不能拿 |
[14:27] | Come to think of it, now that | 仔细想想 阳光先生现在 |
[14:29] | Mr.Sunshine’s home during the day | 白天在家了 |
[14:30] | maybe I shouldn’t either! | 我就不能在家呆了 |
[14:34] | Just relax. | 你们放心 |
[14:35] | It won’t be long before my loyal fans protest | 过不了多久 我的铁杆粉丝们就该抗议了 |
[14:38] | and the afternoon slot is once again home | 到时候下午时段的节目就又回到… |
[14:42] | to the compassionate and lovable Dr. Frasier Crane. | 可亲可爱滴 Frasier Crane 医生的碗里来了 |
[14:45] | Now get the hell out, both of you! | 现在 你们俩 给我出去 |
[14:48] | All right, maybe I can catch up to Daphne in the park. | 正好 或许我还能在公园追上Daphane |
[14:52] | I’ll cover you. | 我掩护你 |
[14:59] | Hello, Seattle, this is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 西雅图 好啊 这里是Frasier Crane医生 |
[15:02] | I’ll be taking your calls for the next four hours. | 接下来的四个小时 我会接听你们的来电 |
[15:04] | Roz, who’s on the line? | Roz 下一个来电是谁 |
[15:05] | How should I know? I just got here. | 我上哪知道去 我特么才到 |
[15:11] | Hello, Line Two, you’re on with Dr. Frasier Crane. | 好啊 2号听众 Frasier Crane医生已经接通你了 |
[15:13] | Uh, hey, Dr. Crane. It’s Mark. | 嗯 Crane 医生 我是Mark |
[15:16] | – Hello, Mark. I’m listening. – OK. | – 你好 Mark 我在聆听 – 好的 |
[15:19] | Uh, well, I work at this all-night mini-mart, and, um | 嗯 我在一个24小时便利店工作 嗯… |
[15:24] | I’ve been watching myself on the video camera | 我一直在看监控录像里的自己 |
[15:26] | and the camera-me is doing things I don’t approve of. | 镜头里的我正在做一些我不齿的事情 |
[15:40] | People think insomnia is a laughing matter, but it’s hell. | 人们觉得失眠这事儿是个好玩的事 但我备受煎熬 |
[15:45] | If I don’t get some sleep soon, I’ll just I’ll go crazy! | 我要是不能马上睡会儿 我觉得 我就要疯啦 |
[15:49] | You’ve got to help me, Dr. Crane? Dr. Crane? | 你能帮帮我么 Crane医生 Crane 医生 |
[15:56] | Hey, I’m talking here! | 哎 没人听我说话么 |
[16:00] | What?! I’m listening. | 怎么了 我在聆听 |
[16:06] | So what do you think I should do? | 你觉得我该怎么办 |
[16:11] | Well, you know, sometimes | 哦 有时候 |
[16:14] | these things seem clearer in the light of day. | 天亮了 看事情就会清晰很多 |
[16:16] | My advice is to sleep on it. | 我的建议是 睡一觉就好了 |
[16:21] | Is that some kind of a joke?! | 你是在开玩笑呢么 |
[16:24] | to make fun of insomnia? | 拿我的失眠开涮呢 |
[16:32] | Oh, oh, and now for a word from…someone | 哦 哦 还有一句广告 老谁家 |
[16:38] | I forget, I think they sell paint. | 忘了 我记得他们是卖油漆的 |
[16:46] | You hear that whooshing sound? | 你听见那冲水声了么 |
[16:49] | It’s my career going down the toilet. | 马桶刚带走了我滴未来 |
[16:51] | Oh God, Roz, I don’t think | 天哪 Roz 我今天晚上 |
[16:53] | – I’ve helped a single person tonight. – Helped? | – 一个人也没有帮上 – 帮上忙 |
[16:55] | You’ll be lucky if you don’t get sued! You told a longshoreman | 你不被起诉就烧高香吧 你让个港口工人 |
[16:58] | to come out of the closet | 出柜 |
[17:00] | and a gay guy to spend more time on the docks! | 让一个同志在港口多转悠转悠 |
[17:04] | Well, you’re the one who’s supposed to keep track of who’s on what line! | 你不才是应该负责记录谁在哪条线上的吗 |
[17:06] | OK, let me make it easy for you: | 好 那我说简单点儿 |
[17:08] | Freaks! Freaks on Line One! | 神经病 神经病在1号线上 |
[17:10] | Freaks on Line Two! Freaks, everywhere! | 精神病在2号线呢 神经病占满线啦 |
[17:12] | Roz, Roz, Roz! We shouldn’t get mad at each other. | Roz Roz Roz 我们不要彼此埋怨 |
[17:16] | – Oh God, this is all Kate’s fault. – You’re right, you’re right. | – 天 这都是Kate的错 – 是的 你说的没错 |
[17:19] | She’s ruining us! And there’s nothing we can do. | 是她毁了我们 但我们也没辙呀 |
[17:22] | Yes, there is! | 不 有的 |
[17:23] | If we’re gonna go down, we’re gonna take her down with us! | 如果我们玩完儿 咱们连她也捎上 |
[17:26] | We’ve got one hour left. | 还有一个小时 |
[17:27] | If she wants raunch, we’re gonna give her more raunch | 她不是想来点狂野的么 我们就给她加足了料… |
[17:29] | than she ever dreamed of! Are you with me, Roz? | 咸死她 同意嘛 Roz |
[17:31] | – Just pump up the volume and call me Kitty! – OK! | – 开播吧 我叫小野猫 – 哦啦 |
[17:35] | We’re back, Seattle. And in accordance with new station policy | 西雅图 我们回来了 根据电台的新规定… |
[17:40] | we are going to be pandering to the lowest human instinct. | 让我们来谈谈无节操 无下限 |
[17:43] | In other words | 换种说法 |
[17:44] | who wants to talk about sex?! | 来说说你们的性生活吧 |
[17:46] | Sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex! | 嘿咻 嘿咻 嘿呦 嘿嘿嘿 |
[17:50] | Yeah! | 啊爽 |
[17:53] | I want to know who’s having sex! | 告诉我 你们谁正滚床单呢 |
[17:55] | How you’re having it! | 是怎么做的 |
[17:56] | I want to know if you’re having it right now! | 是不是此时此刻正爽歪歪呢 |
[18:00] | Look, Dr. Crane, the lines are hot! Really hot! | Crane医生 电话爆满了 非常 火爆 |
[18:05] | Thank you, Kitty. | 谢谢 小野猫 |
[18:06] | Hello, Caller. What are you wearing? | 你好啊 这位 你穿着什么呢 |
[18:09] | Nothing. I’m naked… | 我什么也没穿 光着呢 |
[18:12] | Hey, that’s a great idea! | 哈 这主意好 |
[18:14] | Let’s all get naked! Hey, I’m getting naked right now! | 让我们都裸着吧 各位 我现在就脱 |
[18:18] | While Dr. Crane strips, | 趁我们Crane医生宽衣解带 |
[18:21] | our new station manager would like to know | 我们的新台长很想知道 |
[18:22] | if you prefer to be the spanker, or the spankee. | 你是想当打屁屁滴 还是被打屁屁滴呢 |
[18:25] | Oh, definitely the spanker. | 喔 当然是打屁屁的 |
[18:28] | Well then, hop in a cab! I’m not wearing any pants! | 忒好咧 快打个的过来吧 老子裤子都脱了 |
[18:36] | While Roz laces up her leather bustier, | 趁Roz勒紧她的束身内衣的功夫 |
[18:38] | this is Dr. Frasier Crane | 我是Frasier Crane |
[18:40] | KACL. all talk, all night, all naked! | KACL 一丝不挂 整个晚上 磨磨叨叨 |
[18:49] | – Explain. – As George Bernard Shaw once said | – 解释一下吧 – 萧伯纳曾经说过… |
[18:53] | there are two tragedies in life. | 人生悲剧有两种 |
[18:55] | One is not getting what we want, and the other is getting it.” | 想要得不到 还有就是 终于得到了 |
[18:59] | You know full well this is not what I wanted! | 你明明知道这不是我想要的 |
[19:02] | You did this to vex me. | 你就是为了气我 |
[19:05] | And you succeeded. | 你办到了 |
[19:07] | And it was not Shaw, | 另外 那不是萧伯纳说的 |
[19:09] | it was Oscar Wilde. | 那是奥斯卡王尔德说的 |
[19:10] | Did you ever open a book at Harvard? | 你丫在哈佛的时候翻开过书么 |
[19:13] | You know, one of these days, you’re going to misquote someone | 听着 早晚 你也会引用错了 |
[19:16] | and I’m going to land on you like a sumo wrestler! | 到时候我就相扑队员附身 一屁股坐死你 |
[19:21] | All I wanted, all I wanted was a lousy little theme show. | 我想要的 只是一个过得去的主题节目 |
[19:25] | Once or twice a week! | 一周一两次 |
[19:26] | Oh, yeah! “Frasier Crane takes a leering look at infidelity!” | 啊 对 “Frasier Crane 你偷窥一下婚外恋呗” |
[19:30] | No, not a leering look! Just a good look. | 不 不是色眯眯的那种 正经解读 |
[19:33] | At the pain of infidelity, at what it does to families | 不忠对于一个家庭造成的伤痛 |
[19:35] | at what it does to children, | 和它给孩子带来的痛苦 |
[19:36] | at what it does to the fabric of society | 对整个和谐社会的破坏 |
[19:39] | and this is just off the top of my head. | 这只是我刚想到几点 |
[19:40] | But, no! You are such an arrogant gasbag | 可是 偏不 你就是那么自负 |
[19:43] | so used to being | 习惯了在这里牛逼轰轰的 |
[19:44] | cock-of-the-walk around here | 像只笨公鸡挺着胸脯晃荡 |
[19:46] | that you can’t stand still for one minute | 你甚至不能老实一分钟 |
[19:48] | and listen to a perfectly valid suggestion | 耐心的听听别人 |
[19:50] | – from somebody else! – And you | – 中肯的意见 – 那你呢 |
[19:51] | are such a smug egomaniac that your entire self-image | 一个唯我独尊的自大狂 好像要是 |
[19:54] | would shatter like a cheap mirror | 你承认自己有错 |
[19:56] | if you ever had to admit that you had made a mistake! | 你的面子就会像个廉价破镜子一样 碎一地 |
[19:58] | You are a classic case of neurotic narcissism | 你就是个典型的神经病自恋狂 |
[20:01] | and a first-class smarty-pants! | 外加天字一号的自作聪明 |
[20:07] | – You can go ahead and fire me now. – Yes, I could do that, yeah. | – 成了 你可以把我开了 – 是 我完全可以 没错 |
[20:13] | But I’m not going to. | 但我不会那么做 |
[20:17] | Did you listen to the whole tape? | 整个节目录音你都听了么 |
[20:20] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 全听了 |
[20:21] | But, unlike you, I put what’s good for the station | 但我不像你 电台的利益 |
[20:24] | above my personal feelings. | 重于我的个人情绪 |
[20:26] | Well, that’s-that’s awfully big of you. | 你怎么突然变这么高大上 |
[20:31] | Guess that means I’ll be moving back to my old time slot. | 这么说 我可以拿回我以前的节目时间了 |
[20:34] | Guess again, Captain Midnight! | 再猜猜 午夜掌柜的 |
[20:37] | If I give you back your old time slot | 如果我还给你以前的节目时间段 |
[20:39] | without your making a single concession to me | 而你连一丁点儿的让步也没做 |
[20:41] | that would completely undermine my authority. | 实在有损我在台里的威信 |
[20:43] | Being a crack shrink, surely that’s within your grasp. | 作为精神医生 这点你完全可以理解吧 |
[20:47] | Grasp this: if I don’t get my old time slot, I quit! | 你听着 不给我以前的时段 老子我不干了 |
[20:51] | Grasp this: you do, and I’ll sue you for breach of contract! | 你听着 你敢轻举妄动 我就告你违反合约 |
[20:55] | OK, then it’s a stalemate! | 行啊 就这么僵这吧 |
[20:58] | If we don’t want to remain | 如果我们不想 |
[20:59] | entrenched in these positions forever | 就永远这样对立… |
[21:00] | one of us had better think of something! | 最好谁能想出点主意 |
[21:02] | Yes, one of us better. | 对 我们之中最好有一个聪明人 |
[21:18] | – I’ve got it! – Damn! | – 我有了 – 妈的 |
[21:24] | – So, we’re together, right? – Absolutely. | – 咱两同一阵线 对吧 – 没错儿 |
[21:26] | We’re not letting her push us around any longer! | 我们再也不能让她牵着鼻子走了 |
[21:28] | Nope. You do the talking. | 对对 你来说 |
[21:29] | I’ll stand behind you and burn holes through her with my | 我就站在你身后 看我不用我那双… |
[21:33] | You call this a Hollandaise sauce?!” Glare. | “你就管这叫荷兰酸酱”的眼神盯死了她 |
[21:35] | I don’t care what you say, I like theme shows! | 随便你怎么说 我就是喜欢专题节目 |
[21:39] | And I’m going to do them, starting this Friday | 我一定得做 这星期五开始 |
[21:40] | with “Frasier Crane takes a look | 就从”Frasier Crance和你聊聊 |
[21:42] | at the consequences of infidelity!” | 不忠的后果”开始 |
[21:43] | You do, and I’ll make you | 好啊 你要敢这么做 |
[21:44] | start that show with classical music! | 我就逼你在节目开头播古典音乐 |
[21:46] | Bartok’s Concerto in C, I don’t care how much you hate it! | 就巴托克的C调协奏曲 恶心死你 |
[21:49] | – Damn you! – It’s my way, or no way. | – 算你狠 – 不听我的就滚蛋 |
[21:54] | You win. Bartok it is. | 那好吧 就巴托克吧 |
[21:59] | What do you two want? | 你俩想干嘛 |
[22:00] | – Nothing. – Keep up the good work. | – 没事 – 干的不错 加油 |