时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Roz, who’s our last caller? | Roz 最后一位来电者是谁 |
[00:11] | On line two we have Marilyn. | 二号线上的Marilyn |
[00:12] | She’s feeling a little homesick. | 她有点想家了 |
[00:14] | Go ahead, Marilyn. | 请讲 Marilyn |
[00:16] | Well, I like living in Seattle | 我喜欢住在西雅图 |
[00:18] | but, I don’t know… | 但是 怎么说呢 |
[00:19] | I grew up in this little town in Wisconsin… | 我在威斯康星州一个小镇长大 |
[00:21] | and I really miss that life. | 我非常想念那里的生活 |
[00:23] | Well, you’re not the only one. | 你不是一个人 |
[00:24] | My producer Roz has regaled me | 我的制作人Roz告诉了我 |
[00:26] | with many stories of the great Dairy State. | 乳品州好多趣事 |
[00:30] | You’re from Wisconsin, Roz? What part? | Roz 你也是威斯康星州的吗 哪一块 |
[00:32] | Bloomer. | 布卢默 |
[00:33] | Oh my God, I’m from Menomonie. | 天哪 我是梅诺莫尼 |
[00:35] | Oh my God. | 天哪 |
[00:36] | No way! You’re from Menomonie? | 不会吧 你是梅诺莫尼的 |
[00:38] | My cousins are from Menomonie, | 我表弟也是梅诺莫尼的 |
[00:40] | do you know the Rayburn? | 你认识Rayburn吗 |
[00:40] | – Is that Billy… – Billy Rayburn is your cousin? | – 难道是那个Billy – Billy Rayburn居然是你表弟 |
[00:44] | – I used to work with him at Bell’s Frozen Custard! – Of course you did. | – 我和他在贝尔冰激凌店共事过 – 想想也是 |
[00:47] | Do you remember that guy that used to run the store… | 你还记得那个店主吗 |
[00:49] | the guy with all the moles? | 满身是痣的那个 |
[00:51] | – Mr. Tichy? – Oh, Mr. Tichy | – Tichy大叔 – 噢 Tichy大叔 |
[00:53] | – Ewww… – Yeah. | – 真恶心 – 是啊 |
[00:54] | Ladies, as fascinating as this is, | 女士们 尽管这氛围不错 |
[00:56] | I’m afraid we’re out of time. | 但恐怕我们没有时间了 |
[00:58] | Oh! | 噢 |
[01:01] | Well, that’s okay, Marilyn, you can call back tomorrow. | 没关系 Marilyn 你可以明天打过来 |
[01:03] | Make sure you all tune in tomorrow | 欢迎明天收听 |
[01:05] | for Part 2 in our series, “Women of the Cheese Belt.” | 系列剧<配芝士腰带的女士们>第二部分 |
[01:12] | Goodbye for now, and good mental health. | 再见朋友们 祝精神安康 |
[01:17] | These messages came for you earlier. | 这些是给你的留言 |
[01:18] | Your wine is ready. | 你的酒已经准备好了 |
[01:20] | Oh, excellent. | 太好了 |
[01:21] | You know, I’m hosting a tasting tonight | 今晚我要给我和Niles所在的红酒俱乐部 |
[01:23] | for the wine club Niles and I belong to. | 办品酒会 |
[01:25] | I’m hoping they name me the Maitre de Chai. | 我希望他们能任命我为酒窖主管 |
[01:27] | It’s a long-standing dream of mine to wear that silver cup around my neck. | 我做梦都想在脖子上挂那个银杯 |
[01:32] | You know, back in Wisconsin | 在我们威斯康星州那儿 |
[01:33] | if a guy wore a cup around his neck… | 如果有人脖子上戴着酒杯 |
[01:35] | it meant he’d ticked off the gym teacher. | 他一定是惹毛了体育老师 |
[01:38] | Fine! Make sport, | 好吧 随你笑我吧 |
[01:39] | but this does happen to be important to me. | 这对我就是很重要 |
[01:42] | Since when? | 打哪儿开始的 |
[01:42] | You used to say that club was nothing | 你以前一直说那俱乐部里 |
[01:44] | but a bunch of arrogant cork-sniffing snobs. | 不过是一帮装腔作势嗅木塞的假内行 |
[01:46] | Well, that was before I got in. | 我进去之前确实是这样 |
[01:49] | Well, when I’m handing out baloney sandwiches | 当我这周末在收容中心 |
[01:52] | this weekend at the homeless shelter | 分发三明治的时候 |
[01:53] | it will do me heart good to know that a bunch of wealthy men | 我会很欣慰有一帮有钱人 |
[01:55] | are swishing two-hundred-dollar bottles of wine | 啜饮两百刀一瓶的红酒 |
[01:58] | and spitting it into silver buckets! | 然后再吐到银桶里 |
[02:02] | Well, it’s not like we don’t recycle the bottles. | 我们又不是不循环利用酒瓶 |
[02:12] | Hang on, Then it’s six. | 拿好了 六号红酒 |
[02:25] | Big, full-bodied, nicely baked. | 浓郁醇厚 酿造精良 |
[02:29] | Essence of truffles, long finish. | 松露本质尽显 回味悠长 |
[02:32] | Chambertin 76′ | 是76年香贝坦 |
[02:33] | Bravo, Frasier. | 真厉害 Fraiser |
[02:36] | If only your aim were accurate as well. | 要是你吐得这么精准就好了 |
[02:39] | How is it those same taste buds can’t tell the difference | 明明是同样的味蕾 为何说不出 |
[02:42] | between my pot roast and my flank steak? | 炖牛肉和牛腩排的区别 |
[02:44] | Well, considering you learned to cook in England | 鉴于你是在英国学的厨艺 |
[02:46] | it’s a wonder I can tell | 要是我能分清你做的 |
[02:46] | your flank steak from a braised tennis ball. | 是牛腩排还是炖网球才是奇迹呢 |
[02:50] | Now, now, let’s move on to the number seven. | 我们继续 接下来是七号 |
[02:58] | Ah, touch of oak. | 橡木的醇香 |
[03:00] | Hint of currant. Whisper of… | 醋栗的暗香 还有一丝 |
[03:03] | …what is that, what is that? | 什么 什么东西 |
[03:05] | Oh yes, wet dog! | 没错 是湿狗 |
[03:08] | You guys still playing that stupid game? | 你们还在玩那蠢游戏啊 |
[03:11] | Dad, wine tasting is not a stupid game – | 老爸 品酒才不是什么蠢游戏 |
[03:12] | it’s a highly refined skill. | 这是精致的技能 |
[03:14] | Yeah, I just saw a couple of guys on the corner | 是啊 我刚看到街角有几个人 |
[03:16] | practising out of paper bags. | 在练习怎么从纸袋里钻出来 |
[03:21] | We’re hardly winos. | 我们不是酒鬼 |
[03:22] | Some very distinguished people belong to our club. | 我们俱乐部里也有些著名人士 |
[03:25] | The mayor, the commissioner of public safety… | 市长 公共安全委员 |
[03:27] | …the chief of surgery at St. Lukes… | 还有圣路加医院的外科首席医师 |
[03:29] | Oh, just the people I want walking around all liquored up. | 都是我希望我醉了再接近的人 |
[03:34] | Could you find room for a school bus driver | 你们能给一个校车司机 |
[03:36] | and a couple of air traffic controllers? | 和几个航管员留点位置吗 |
[03:39] | Well, we would if they had impeccable taste. | 可以啊 如果他们有绝佳的品味的话 |
[03:43] | Which reminds me dad, I have a favour to beg. | 老爸 正好想到 能请你帮个忙吗 |
[03:46] | Would you mind if I moved your chair into your room | 你介不介意我把你的椅子搬到你房间里 |
[03:48] | until after the tasting? | 品酒会后再搬回来 |
[03:50] | Forget it… | 休想 |
[03:50] | you might as well ask me to stay in my room. | 你干脆叫我也待房间里好了 |
[03:52] | Which takes care of the second favour. | 那正是他的第二个请求 |
[03:58] | Oh, all right, go ahead, move it. | 好吧好吧 搬走吧 |
[04:00] | At least I don’t have to spend the night | 至少我不用花整晚 |
[04:01] | watching your society pals getting tanked. | 看你那群朋友找醉了 |
[04:04] | Alright, Niles, come on, grab an end. | 好嘞 Niles 过来 抓着一边 |
[04:09] | Oh, you’re serious. | 你说真的啊 |
[04:11] | You know I don’t lift. | 你知道我不抬东西的 |
[04:13] | Yes, with that stick where it is, | 是啊 瞧你那棍子似的身板 |
[04:15] | I’m surprised you can bend. | 你居然还能弯腰 |
[04:16] | Start hoisting. | 快来抬 |
[04:19] | Come on. | 快点 |
[04:21] | Alright. | 好了 |
[04:21] | Oh my god. Dad, it may weigh a ton. | 天哪 老爸 它得有一吨重吧 |
[04:25] | – His room? – Right, yes. | – 搬去他房间吗 – 没错 |
[04:27] | – Oh, God! – No Niles, no, don’t drop it! Don’t…hey! | – 老天 – 不 Niles 别放下 别 嘿 |
[04:31] | – Look what you’ve done! – You better be talking about the floor. | – 看你干的好事 – 你最好在说地板 |
[04:33] | Oh, of course I’m talking about the floor… | 我当然说的是地板了 |
[04:36] | Oh, for Pete’s sake, it’s just one little scratch. | 还好啦 只是条小擦痕 |
[04:38] | Get me a yellow magic marker. | 给我支黄色记号笔 |
[04:40] | I’ll color it in, no one’ll know the difference. | 我涂上颜色后 没人能看出不同 |
[04:43] | Dad, you have no idea how critical these people can be. | 老爸 你不知道这些人有多挑剔 |
[04:45] | They love finding fault. | 他们就喜欢吹毛求疵 |
[04:46] | We could put a rug over it. | 可以在上面铺条小地毯啊 |
[04:51] | A rug? | 小地毯 |
[04:52] | Where a rug doesn’t belong? | 放在小地毯不该在的地方吗 |
[04:55] | Why don’t you just throw down a Twister mat. | 你干脆摆张扭扭乐地毯 |
[04:57] | Have a few rounds between vintages?! | 在上面品几瓶陈年老酒 |
[05:00] | Steady Frasier, there’s still hope. | Frasier 坚挺 还有希望呢 |
[05:02] | I’ll bring my contractor by in the morning. The man’s a genius. | 明早我把我的承包人带来 他可是个天才 |
[05:05] | You know, it’s time you guys learned | 我觉得是时候你们该懂得 |
[05:06] | everything doesn’t have to be perfect. | 不是事事都要完美的 |
[05:08] | Yes, it’s that kind of advice that leads to shag carpeting! | 粗毛地毯就是这种想法下生产出来的 |
[05:16] | Ah, good morning Daphne. | 早上好啊 Daphne |
[05:18] | Extra pancakes for me this morning! I’m famished! | 再给我做点煎饼吧 我饿极了 |
[05:21] | Yes, well you should have thought about that last night | 你昨晚取笑英国人厨艺的时候 |
[05:23] | before you started making cracks about English cooking. | 就该料到有现在了 |
[05:26] | I have hung up my spatula. | 我已经弃铲不干了 |
[05:31] | Well, you moved my chair, | 你搬走我的椅子 |
[05:33] | you cut off my pancake supply; | 断了我的煎饼供应 |
[05:35] | why don’t you just back out over Eddie | 为何不干脆把Eddie扔路上 |
[05:37] | and make it a hat trick? | 来个帽子戏法 |
[05:42] | And a hat trick would be? | 帽子戏法是啥 |
[05:44] | It’s in hockey where one player… | 就是打曲棍球的时候一个球员 |
[05:45] | Enough said, thank you. | 不用多讲 谢了 |
[05:49] | – Niles. – Good morning, Frasier. | – Nile – 早上好 Frasier |
[05:50] | I’m delivering one miracle worker as promised. | 我按承诺带来了神奇的工匠 |
[05:53] | Joe DeCarlo. Frasier Crane. | Joe DeCarlo 这是Frasier Crane |
[05:54] | It’s a pleasure. | 很高兴认识你 |
[05:54] | – And my father, Martin Crane. – Hi, Joe. | – 还有我的父亲 Martin Crane – 你好 Joe |
[05:56] | So where’s the scratch? | 那个擦痕在哪儿呢 |
[05:57] | Oh, you mean you can’t see it? | 你没看见吗 |
[05:58] | We were going to put some orange cones around it | 我们打算在它周围摆上橙色路锥 |
[06:00] | so nobody would fall in it! | 以防有人掉进去 |
[06:05] | It’s right here. | 就在这儿 |
[06:09] | I can get rid of that. | 我能把它消去 |
[06:10] | It has to be done by five. | 五点前必须完成 |
[06:11] | My guests arrive at seven, | 客人七点会来 |
[06:13] | so it has to be a firm five. | 所以必须五点整完成 |
[06:15] | Not a five-fifteen or a five-thirty. | 不是五点一刻 也不是五点半 |
[06:16] | – I’ll be done by noon. – Splendid. | – 我中午就能完成 – 太好了 |
[06:18] | I told you he was good. | 我说了他很灵的 |
[06:20] | We’re talking about a man who has satisfied Maris. | 这可是个让Maris都满意的男人 |
[06:22] | Something that’s still regrettably on my to-do list! | 很遗憾 这件事至今仍在我的待办事项里 |
[06:28] | Coffee’s ready. Of course, | 咖啡好了 当然 |
[06:30] | I’m sure it’ll taste like my old bath water to you. | 对你来说 这喝起来肯定像我的洗澡水 |
[06:33] | You know, how it gets all grey and scummy | 它怎么这么灰不溜秋 满是渣滓 |
[06:36] | around the edges with little flecks of… | 边缘还有些小斑点 |
[06:38] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[06:38] | – Hi. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好啊 |
[06:43] | I’d love some coffee, Daphne. | Daphne 我想要杯咖啡 |
[06:49] | Daphne Hmm, Daphne? | |
[06:53] | Er, Daph’, this is Joe DeCarlo. | Daph 这是Joe DeCarlo |
[06:54] | Joe, this is Daphne. | Joe 这是Daphne |
[06:55] | She helps me out around here. | 她是来照顾我生活的 |
[06:57] | Smells great. Columbian? | 闻起来真香 哥伦比亚的吗 |
[06:59] | No, English. | 不 英国的 |
[07:06] | The coffee. | 你是说咖啡啊 |
[07:08] | Costa Rican. Would you like a cup? | 哥斯达黎加的 来一杯吗 |
[07:11] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:12] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[07:15] | He’s adorable, talk me up. | 他真迷人 帮我说说好话 |
[07:16] | A plate of pancakes. | 来叠煎饼吗 |
[07:17] | Deal. | 成交 |
[07:20] | You know, Joe, Daphne’s a great gal. | Joe Daphne可是个不错的姑娘 |
[07:23] | Oh, I know. | 没错没错 |
[07:23] | You know, she doesn’t always go round in that ratty old bathrobe. | 她可不是总穿着那条破浴袍的 |
[07:26] | Oh, no. | 没错 |
[07:26] | She cleans up real cute. | 她打扮打扮可好看了 |
[07:30] | You don’t have to convince me. | 你们不必这么说服我 |
[07:32] | You know, I think dad’s right. | 我认为老爸说得没错 |
[07:34] | You don’t need to fix that scratch, it adds character. | 你不必弄那个擦痕了 有它更具个性 |
[07:36] | Come, Joe. | Joe 过来 |
[07:37] | Niles, forget it! | Niles 算了吧 |
[07:40] | – Honeybun? – Yes. | – 蜂蜜面包 – 在 |
[07:47] | Hee hee, I meant would you like one of these with your coffee? | 我是问要不要蜂蜜面包来配咖啡 |
[07:50] | Oh, I’d love one. | 我要来一块 |
[07:52] | Oh. Anything else…? | 好 要点别的吗 |
[07:53] | – No. Sugar? – Yes. | – 不用了 蜜糖 – 来了 |
[07:56] | I meant in the coffee. | 我是说放点在咖啡里 |
[08:00] | You know, Maris is quite keen on gutting my library | Maris非常喜欢掏空我的书房 |
[08:04] | to make more space for her hats. | 来给她的帽子腾地方 |
[08:07] | Why don’t you come home with me | 要不你跟我回家 |
[08:08] | and you can send one of your men over to do this little job. | 叫你的手下来做这桩小事 |
[08:11] | Bruce would be good. | Bruce就不错 |
[08:12] | The large sweaty gentleman with the chili dogs on his breath. | 嘴里喷着辣热狗味的汗津津壮汉 |
[08:15] | Niles, Joe is here already | Niles Joe已经来了 |
[08:17] | and we do have a deadline. | 而且这活儿是有时限的 |
[08:19] | But… | 但是 |
[08:19] | don’t you think it would be prudent… | 你不觉得这样更明智吗 |
[08:20] | – Niles, it’s settled. – That’s great, | – Niles 君子一言 – 太好了 |
[08:22] | because I’m kinda anxious to get at her. | 我忍不住要去看看她了 |
[08:26] | I’ll just bet he is… | 我敢打赌他 |
[08:28] | – the testosterone is just dripping… – Niles. | – 刚刚荷尔蒙爆棚 – Niles |
[08:30] | Niles, he’s talking about the scratch. | Niles 他在说那条擦痕 |
[08:32] | Oh, I knew that! | 我就知道 |
[08:35] | I mean, I know that! | 我是说我懂的 |
[08:36] | I mean, watch him! | 我是说 给我监视他 |
[08:44] | Someone remodelling? | 有人要重新装修吗 |
[08:46] | No, bad wiring in one of the condos. | 不 有间公寓里线坏了 |
[08:48] | Ah, well I hope you gentlemen won’t be working this evening. | 但愿你们今晚不用工作 |
[08:51] | I’m entertaining some very important guests… | 晚上我有些重要的客人要来坐坐 |
[08:54] | and, it’s, you know, how sound travels in this building. | 这公寓楼里隔音效果可不怎么样 |
[08:55] | Ah, can’t make any promises. | 那可说不定哦 |
[08:57] | We’re here as long as this poor sap is willing to pay us. | 只要这个傻瓜肯肯付钱 我们才不走 |
[09:10] | – What is happening? – Hold on, guys. | – 怎么回事 – 等等 伙计们 |
[09:14] | Er, sorry about this, Dr. Crane… | 很抱歉 Crane医生 |
[09:15] | but I plugged in the sander to start on the floor, | 我把打磨机插上 要打磨地板的时候 |
[09:18] | you blew a circuit. | 电路断了 |
[09:19] | So naturally you’re sawing a hole into my wall. | 然后你就钻我墙了 |
[09:23] | The circuit blew it started a fire. | 电路断了 然后着火了 |
[09:24] | You’ve got some real bad wiring in here. | 这儿的布线真的很糟糕 |
[09:27] | But how long? | 那要多久 |
[09:27] | A couple of hours. | 几个小时 |
[09:28] | “A couple” is… is vague. | 几个太 太含糊了 |
[09:31] | That would mean the big hand would be on the twelve | 所以说分针可以指到十二 |
[09:33] | and the little hand would be…? | 那时针指到 |
[09:34] | On the four. | 指到四 |
[09:36] | On the four? Oh, the four is okay, fine. Thank you. | 四点吗 四点可以 很好 谢谢 |
[09:38] | You know the fire, Eddie smelled it first. | 知道吗 Eddie可是第一个闻到着火的 |
[09:40] | Oh, well he’s a regular canary in a coal mine, isn’t he! | 他就是只矿井里的金丝雀 行了吧 |
[09:46] | My God, what’s going on? | 天哪 发生什么了 |
[09:48] | Don’t ask, Niles. | Niles 别问了 |
[09:49] | Oh, I see you’ve got the Romani Containe. | 你带了罗马尼酒箱 |
[09:51] | Yes, but unfortunately they only had the one bottle. | 是的 不过可惜他们只有一瓶 |
[09:54] | That’s funny… | 怎么会 |
[09:55] | the importer told me he had two. | 进口商告诉我他有两瓶啊 |
[09:56] | Really? How strange. | 是吗 真奇怪 |
[10:03] | You know, if I didn’t know you better… | 如果我不是那么了解你 |
[10:04] | I would swear you had squirreled one away for yourself. | 我敢发誓你偷藏了一瓶 |
[10:07] | But then we both know | 不过我们都清楚 |
[10:08] | that you must be telling the truth | 你说的是真话 |
[10:10] | because you’re such a slave to your ethics | 因为你太有道德心 |
[10:12] | that even the slightest transgression would cause your nose to bleed. | 即使犯了最轻的罪 你也会流鼻血 |
[10:18] | Which it isn’t! | 而我没有 |
[10:21] | You just sniffed. | 你刚吸鼻子了 |
[10:23] | I didn’t sniff, it was a snort of contempt. | 我没有 我只是对你嗤之以鼻 |
[10:26] | A snort is out, that was in. | 嗤之以鼻是往外的 而你是往里 |
[10:29] | Oh, alright. The other bottle’s in the car in my bowling bag. | 好吧 另一瓶在我车上的保龄球包里 |
[10:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:36] | You have a bowling bag? | 你居然有保龄球包 |
[10:38] | Yes. Maris and I have taken to giving each other gag gifts. | 没错 Maris和我开始给对方买恶作剧礼物 |
[10:43] | I gave her a cook book. | 我给了她本烹饪书 |
[10:47] | Oh, yoohoo. | 你好啊 |
[10:49] | I, Eh, noticed how your shirt was clinging to your back and… | 我 看到你的衬衫都粘背上了 |
[10:56] | I thought a nice cup of iced tea might hit the spot. | 想着一大杯冰茶会正合你意 |
[10:59] | Thanks, Daph’. | 谢谢 Daph |
[11:01] | – Ho-ho, I got a spark. – Me, too. | – 我感觉到火花了 – 我也是 |
[11:04] | That’s just static electricity from the carpet. | 那只是地毯造成的静电 |
[11:06] | It can happen to anyone. | 每个人都会有 |
[11:08] | – I’ll show you. – Niles?! | – 我弄出来给你们看 – Niles |
[11:16] | Stop poking me! | 别捅我了 |
[11:20] | Should I put these little fingery foods for tonight in the fridge? | 这些给晚上准备的零食要放冰箱里吗 |
[11:23] | Oh, yes please. | 放吧 谢谢 |
[11:23] | The Brie is sweating up a storm. | 布里干酪都要化成一滩水了 |
[11:25] | Let me help you with those. | 我来帮你吧 |
[11:26] | No Daphne, let me help you. | 不 Daphne 我来帮你 |
[11:28] | Excuse me, Bruce. | 让让 Bruce |
[11:29] | – Wow! – Jeez. | – 哇哦 – 啧 |
[11:30] | Spark! Spark! Did you see the… | 火花 火花 你看到没 |
[11:36] | I will be back after work at five-thirty. I hope | 我五点半下班回来 希望 |
[11:41] | I have your word | 你能保证我回来的时候 |
[11:42] | that my apartment will be perfect for then. | 房子已经完好如初了 |
[11:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:45] | Alright, alright, think before you answer. | 等等 回答之前好好想想 |
[11:47] | This is not like marriage vows | 这可不是结婚誓言 |
[11:48] | or a promise to a dying parent. | 也不是向垂死的双亲立誓 |
[11:49] | This really, really counts. | 这个真的很重要 |
[11:53] | – You have my word. – Thank you. | – 我保证 – 谢谢 |
[11:56] | God, I’m sweating like a pig. I’ve got to air myself out. | 老天 这汗如雨下的 我得出去透透气 |
[11:59] | Hey, hold the elevator, will ya? | 嘿 电梯别关 等等我哈 |
[12:00] | I’m sorry, I need this nose tonight, thank you. | 抱歉 我这鼻子晚上还有用呢 谢谢 |
[12:06] | You don’t have to keep feeding these men. | 你不用一直给他们弄吃的 |
[12:08] | Actually, Maris finds they work faster if you keep them hungry. | 事实上 Maris发现他们饿着反而干得更快 |
[12:11] | Hee hee, I don’t mind. | 没关系的 |
[12:13] | Of course, I probably don’t cook as well as their wives or girlfriends. | 当然 我可能做得不如他们老婆或女朋友好 |
[12:17] | That is, if they all have girlfriends. | 如果他们都有女朋友的话 |
[12:20] | I’m sure Joe’s probably mentioned some girl to you. | Joe肯定跟你提过女孩的事吧 |
[12:26] | – No. – Really? | – 没有 – 真的吗 |
[12:28] | That is… not any one girl. | 是没有提过哪个特别的女孩 |
[12:31] | Not old “Love’em and leave’em” Joe. | 那可不是始乱终弃的Joe会做的 |
[12:35] | From what I’ve heard, he’s wrecked more homes than he’s fixed. | 传言说 他破坏的家庭比他修好的都多 |
[12:39] | Mimsie Stanshope has him over all the time | Mimsie Stanshope总是叫他过去 |
[12:41] | and I don’t just mean to strip her entryway. | 可不仅仅是去扒了她家的玄关 |
[12:45] | Oh, I see. | 我懂了 |
[12:47] | I’m sorry, Daphne. | 抱歉 Daphne |
[12:48] | No, it’s better I should know now before I get my hopes up. | 不 现在知道总比起了希望才知道的好 |
[12:52] | Thank you for being honest with me. | 谢谢你跟我说实话 |
[13:22] | Joe Joe… | |
[13:22] | Dr. Crane, don’t panic, i can explain everything. | Crane医生 别慌张 我会解释的 |
[13:26] | Wonderful. Perhaps you can explain these legs. | 很好 也许你能解释解释这两条腿 |
[13:31] | That’s Cecil. He’s the best ceiling guy in Seattle. | 那是Cecil 西雅图最好的天花板师傅 |
[13:33] | We were lucky to get him. | 能请到他真的很幸运 |
[13:35] | When we opened up the wall to get to the faulty wiring | 我们打开墙去找搭错的线的时候 |
[13:37] | we found that the gas pipes | 发现通往你家壁炉的 |
[13:38] | leading to your fireplace were cracked. | 煤气管破了 |
[13:40] | Had to be fixed. | 必须修好啊 |
[13:41] | Tonight? | 必须得是今晚 |
[13:42] | I OK’d it. | 是我同意的 |
[13:43] | It just seemed wiser to do it before the explosion. | 趁没爆炸前修好比较明智 |
[13:50] | Frasier, the club members arrive in forty-five minutes. | Frasier 俱乐部的人45分钟后就到了 |
[13:53] | Have you lost your… | 你脑子坏 |
[13:54] | Cecil Cecil! | |
[13:59] | Niles, don’t yell at me. | Niles 别跟我喊 |
[14:01] | If you were able to lift anything heavier than an emory board | 如果你能抬起比指甲锉刀更重的东西 |
[14:03] | we wouldn’t be in this position. | 我们就不会这样了 |
[14:04] | Maybe next time you’ll listen to your old man. | 下次你该听听我这老人言了 |
[14:06] | Thank you, dad. | 谢谢 老爸 |
[14:07] | You know, I was just considering whether i should go shave or slit my wrists. | 我刚还在想该去剃胡子还是割腕 |
[14:10] | You made my choice a little easier. | 你让我更快做出了决定 |
[14:11] | Don’t worry, we are gonna make it. | 别担心 我们会完工的 |
[14:13] | Only… about that shaving. | 只是 剃胡子的话 |
[14:16] | We had to shut the water off to replace a valve. | 我们要换个阀门 所以不得不把水停了 |
[14:18] | Oh, well, that explosion idea’s sounding better and better. | 好吧 我才发现爆炸还算不错的 |
[14:23] | Could someone at least move that mantle piece away from the door! | 有谁能把那块框板从门前挪开吗 |
[14:28] | Hello? Yes, er… | 你好 是我 呃 |
[14:30] | but… just hold on, will you? | 能稍等下吗 |
[14:35] | Hey Joe, you know, er… | 嘿 Joe 要知道 |
[14:38] | you’re going to be through by seven? | 你要待到七点呢 |
[14:39] | It gives you plenty of time for a dinner and a movie. | 你有大把时间可以去吃个晚饭 看个电影 |
[14:46] | Excuse me… | 不好意思 |
[14:53] | I said I don’t want to go out with you! | 我说我不想跟你出去 |
[14:59] | Whatcha looking at? Get back to work! | 看什么看 回去工作 |
[15:03] | Thanks a lot! | 非常感谢 |
[15:04] | Why would she do that? She’s crazy about him! | 她为什么拒绝 明明那么喜欢他 |
[15:14] | Niles, is your nose bleeding? | Niles 你是不是在流鼻血 |
[15:16] | No, no, I was just admiring Cecil’s handiwork. | 没有 我只是在欣赏Cecil的手艺 |
[15:21] | That was the mayor on the phone. | 刚刚是市长的电话 |
[15:22] | Apparently his wife can’t make it tonight | 他的夫人今晚来不了 |
[15:24] | so he has invited Senator Adler! | 所以他请了Adler参议员 |
[15:29] | Can anything else possibly go wrong? | 还能出点什么坏事吗 |
[15:30] | Take a look at that. | 看那儿 |
[15:34] | Oh, dear God. Is that blood on my floor? | 老天 地板上是有滴血吗 |
[15:40] | And another drop. | 还有一滴 |
[15:47] | Niles Niles! | |
[15:55] | Well? | 怎么回事 |
[15:57] | Is it terribly wrong to mislead someone | 误导别人是不是大错特错 |
[15:59] | even if it is for his or her own good? | 即使是为了那个人好 |
[16:01] | What did you tell Daphne? | 你告诉Daphne什么了 |
[16:04] | I made up a story | 我撒谎了 |
[16:05] | that Joe seduces all the women he works for | 说Joe勾搭了他的每个女雇主 |
[16:07] | so she wouldn’t go out with him. | 这样她就不会跟他出去了 |
[16:09] | Oh Niles, how could you be so selfish? | Niles 你怎么能这么自私 |
[16:13] | I didn’t do it for me, I did it for her. | 我不是为了自己这么做的 我是为了她 |
[16:14] | She deserves a doctor, or a lawyer… | 她值得一位医生 或者一位律师 |
[16:17] | someone for whom a T-shirt is an undergarment. | 某个T恤只能穿在里面的人 |
[16:21] | Look, I don’t know what sort of twisted fantasy | 我不懂在你扭曲的幻想里 |
[16:24] | you’ve concocted about you and Daphne. | 是怎么捏造自己和Daphne在一起的 |
[16:25] | I suppose it involves a comet hitting the earth | 我猜 那儿有颗彗星撞了地球 |
[16:27] | and you and she having to rebuild the species! | 你和她必须给人类传宗接代 |
[16:31] | But trust me, Niles, it is not going to happen. | 但Niles 相信我 那不可能发生的 |
[16:35] | She needs a man that can do more for her than… | 她需要一个能为她做更多事的男人 |
[16:37] | just smell her hair. | 而不仅仅是闻她的发香 |
[16:43] | – Daphne! – What are you going to do? | – Daphne – 你要做什么 |
[16:45] | You are going to fix this. | 你必须修正自己的错误 |
[16:46] | What… what am I going to tell her? | 我 我该告诉她什么 |
[16:47] | Tell her the truth. | 告诉她真相 |
[16:49] | Only the truth shall make you clot. | 只有真相能让你止血 |
[16:56] | Yes, Dr. Crane? | Crane医生 什么事 |
[16:57] | Yes Daphne, er… | Daphne 呃 |
[16:58] | Niles has something he wishes to discuss with you. | Niles想要告诉你些事 |
[17:01] | What is it, Dr. Crane? | Crane医生 是什么事 |
[17:03] | Oh look, you have a spot on your tie. | 看哪 你领带上有滴污渍 |
[17:08] | Well, earlier, what I said about Joe… | 之前 我说的关于Joe的事 |
[17:12] | I made a mistake. | 是我搞错了 |
[17:14] | He doesn’t sleep around, | 他没有到处跟人鬼混 |
[17:15] | he hasn’t wrecked any homes | 他没有破坏任何家庭 |
[17:18] | and the business about Mimsie Stanshope… | 还有Mimsie Stanshope家的工作 |
[17:21] | Oh sorry… | 抱歉 |
[17:23] | is there a john around here to air out my paddle? | 哪儿有厕所让我大个便 |
[17:27] | You can use the master bedroom. | 你可以用主卧的 |
[17:30] | Joe never worked for Mimsie Stanshoe.. | Joe根本没为Mimsie Stanshoe工作过 |
[17:33] | He sure didn’t. | 他当然没有 |
[17:33] | I do all the work at Mimsie’s. | Mimsie家的活都是我干的 |
[17:35] | She is one tough lady to satisfy. | 她可是个难伺候的女人 |
[17:38] | It’s you? | 原来是你 |
[17:40] | I’m the only guy that can make her happy. | 只有我能让她高兴 |
[17:44] | Everyone knows that. | 大家都知道的 |
[17:47] | So, that was the mistake you made. | 原来这就是你犯的错 |
[17:50] | Those stories you heard weren’t about Joe… | 你听到的那些事都不是Joe的 |
[17:53] | They were about Bruce? | 而是Bruce的 |
[17:57] | Hard to believe, isn’t it? | 很难相信吧 |
[18:00] | But you know, when society women go slumming | 不过那些女人一旦开始乱搞 |
[18:02] | they go all the way! | 就一去不回头了 |
[18:06] | So, you can tell Joe that you’ve changed your mind | 那么 你可以告诉Joe你改变主意了 |
[18:09] | about going out with him. | 打算跟他出去了 |
[18:10] | Oh no, I couldn’t. What would I say? | 不 我不能 我能怎么说 |
[18:13] | Well, just tell him the truth. | 告诉他真相啊 |
[18:15] | Tell him that I heard stories that he… | 告诉他 是我听说他和人鬼混 |
[18:16] | No, bad idea! | 不 坏主意 |
[18:19] | Here. You… wait here. | 这样 你等在这儿 |
[18:28] | – Joe. – Yep? | – Joe – 是 |
[18:33] | You have to ask Daphne out again. | 你得再邀请Daphne一次 |
[18:35] | Are you nuts? You heard what she said. | 你疯了吗 你听到她拒绝我了 |
[18:37] | Yes… | 没错 |
[18:37] | but if you ask her again, she’ll say yes. | 但如果你再邀请她 她会答应的 |
[18:39] | Hey, maybe I’ve changed my mind. | 嘿 也许我已经不想邀请她了 |
[18:41] | Oh no, you haven’t changed your mind. | 不 你没有改变主意 |
[18:44] | You’re just letting masculine vanity and hurt feelings | 你只是在让男人的虚荣心和情伤 |
[18:46] | keep you from something | 把你从她身边推走 |
[18:48] | that other men can only dream of | 而其他男人只有在梦里才能见到 |
[18:49] | in their oxblood seated leather wingback chair | 她坐在他们的深红皮革扶手椅里 |
[18:51] | with the lights off. | 还关上了灯 |
[18:56] | Look, Dr. Crane, I just don’t think it’ll work out – okay? | Crane医生 我只是觉得不会有结果的 好吗 |
[18:58] | No, it’s not okay. | 不 不好 |
[19:01] | If you had ever smelt her hair… | 如果你有闻过她的头发 |
[19:04] | you’d know she’s worth at least one more try. | 你会知道她值得再试一次 |
[19:07] | She is an angel, and she is a goddess | 她是天使 她是女神 |
[19:10] | and she’s waiting for you in the bathroom. | 而她现在就在洗手间等着你 |
[19:25] | You got a minute? | 你有空吗 |
[19:41] | I’m never going to make it. | 不可能来得及了 |
[19:42] | Daphne, would you please get that? | Daphne 你能接一下电话吗 |
[19:45] | Jeez, I thought you were just going to slit your wrists. | 老天 我以为你只是去割腕呢 |
[19:46] | It looks like you went for “Death of a thousand cuts.” | 你看起来简直像是受了千刀万剐 |
[19:50] | I cut myself because I was shaving without water. | 我是因为没水剃胡子才割伤的 |
[19:52] | And why was there no water? | 为什么没有水 |
[19:53] | Because I had to move your chair which gouged the floor, | 因为我要搬你的椅子 却砸到地板上 |
[19:55] | which made me call for Joe | 于是我叫来了Joe |
[19:56] | who found bad pipes, | 他发现管子坏了 |
[19:57] | who called for Cecil | 然后叫来了Cecil |
[19:58] | who ate the cat that killed the rat | Cecil又吃了抓老鼠的猫 |
[19:59] | that lived in the house that Frasier built! | 而那老鼠住在Frasier的家里 |
[20:06] | That was the doorman. | 是门卫打来的 |
[20:07] | Senator Adler’s limousine just pulled up. | Adler参议员的轿车刚停好 |
[20:09] | Oh, it’s over, it’s over. | 完了 完了 |
[20:12] | Sing, fat lady, sing. | 唱吧 胖女人 唱吧 |
[20:16] | Frasier, what are we going to do? | Frasier 我们怎么办 |
[20:17] | You got to give me your cash. Both of you, come on! | 你们快给我现金 你们俩 快 |
[20:18] | – Hurry up! – Why? | – 快点啊 – 为啥 |
[20:19] | Never mind why, just hand it to me. | 不要管为什么 给我就行 |
[20:20] | Come on, be quick, Niles. | 快点 Niles |
[20:22] | Oh all right, do you want all seven hundred dollars? | 好吧 你要整整七百刀吗 |
[20:23] | You carry seven hundred dollars in your wallet? | 你钱包里居然放了七百刀 |
[20:25] | Well, Maris asked me to stop by the drugstore later. | Maris让我过会儿去药店买东西 |
[20:29] | Just hand it over. | 都给我就行 |
[20:32] | Okay, guys. | 好了 伙计们 |
[20:33] | I’ve got seven hundred and some odd dollars here. | 我这儿有七百刀和一些奇怪的钱 |
[20:36] | If you can get everything cleared up | 如果你们能在Frasier的朋友到之前 |
[20:36] | before Frasier’s buddies get here | 把东西都收拾干净的话 |
[20:38] | it’s yours to split | 这些钱就给你们了 |
[20:39] | any way you want on your way out. | 回去路上随便怎么分 |
[20:40] | Bribery? That’s your big plan? | 贿赂 这就是你的伟大计划 |
[20:47] | Oh my God, it’s starting to work! | 天哪 还真有用 |
[20:50] | – Hey, here’s another hundred I was holding out on my old man! – Hey! | – 我还有一百刀没给我老爸 – 嘿 |
[20:58] | – Dr. Crane. – Yes? | – Crane医生 – 是 |
[21:00] | Joe told me what you did. | Joe跟我说了你给他的鼓励 |
[21:03] | I think that’s the nicest thing anyone’s ever done for me. | 这是别人为我做过最美好的事了 |
[21:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:09] | Did you feel that? We made a spark. | 感受到了吗 我们有火花了 |
[21:11] | Oh yes, we did. | 是的 |
[21:12] | I guess you were right, | 我想你是对的 |
[21:13] | it is just the carpet! | 这只是地毯造成的 |
[21:18] | Okay everybody, come on. Move it, | 好了伙计们 快点 |
[21:19] | move it, move it. We’re out of here. | 快点 快点 我们走了 |
[21:22] | Are you ready? | 准备好了吗 |
[21:24] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[21:26] | Goodnight Daphne, have a good time. | 晚安 Daphne 玩得开心 |
[21:29] | Oh, my God, we did it, we actually did it. | 老天 我们做到了 真的做到了 |
[21:33] | Oh dad, please, please don’t leave, I’d like you to stay. | 老爸 请别走 我希望你能留下 |
[21:36] | I mean, you helped me to get this put together tonight. | 你今晚真的帮了我大忙 |
[21:38] | Oh well, thanks Fras’. That makes me feel good. | 谢谢 Fras 你这么说让我很高兴 |
[21:41] | Not good enough to hang around | 没高兴到愿意围着 |
[21:42] | that bleeding-heart-softie-on-crime Senator Adler, | 那个为对犯罪手软找理由的参议员Adler |
[21:44] | but good. | 不过还是很好 |
[21:46] | Come on Eddie, the politicians are coming! | 过来 Eddie 政客要来了 |
[21:52] | They’re here. | 他们到了 |
[21:57] | Senator Adler, Mayor, | Adler参议员 市长先生 |
[21:59] | welcome to my humble abode. | 欢迎光临寒舍 |
[22:02] | You know you’re out of T.P. In the can? | 你家厕纸没了知道吗 |