时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Well, my husband is always criticising me | 我丈夫总是嫌弃我 |
[00:12] | because in restaurants | 因为我特喜欢 |
[00:13] | I like to listen in on strangers’ conversations. | 在餐馆里偷听别人的谈话 |
[00:16] | I don’t know why he makes such a big deal out of nothing. | 这有什么大不了 他至于吗 |
[00:20] | Well June, I suppose | June 我觉得吧 |
[00:23] | your lack of interest makes your husband feel invisible. | 是你这种行为让他觉得被当成了空气 |
[00:25] | Imagine what it must be like to sit | 想象一下 如果坐在你对面的人 |
[00:28] | across from someone who’s constantly scanning, searching | 不断四处张望 搜寻 |
[00:31] | craning their neck to see Just what the hell is going on out there? | 甚至扭头去看 想着那儿到底发生什么事啊 |
[00:35] | Oh gosh, you’re right! I’ve been insensitive. | 天啊 你说得对 我太迟钝了 |
[00:39] | It’s just common decency to stay focused on the other person. | 把注意力放在对方身上 这是基本的礼貌 |
[00:42] | Huh? What? | 啊 什么 |
[00:45] | Oh, well, good for you, Jane! | 能帮到你太好了 Jane |
[00:47] | – June! – Oh, yeah, well, whatever! | – 我叫June – 噢 对 随便吧 |
[00:49] | Er, this is Dr Frasier Crane. KACL 780. | 这里是KACL 780的Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:56] | What is going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[00:57] | Oh, our beloved station manager decided | 我们亲爱的台长大人决定 |
[01:00] | – we’re not getting our raise this year! – What? | – 我们今年不能加薪 – 什么 |
[01:03] | This is an outrage! I have a contract! | 这是压迫 无视我合约上的白纸黑字啊 |
[01:06] | Don’t palpitate, it doesn’t apply to the on-air talent. | 你先别犯病 跟你们主持人没关系 |
[01:09] | Oh, thank God. | 哦 感谢老天爷 |
[01:19] | I’m sorry. I was being selfish, wasn’t I? | 对不起 我刚刚是不是很自私 |
[01:22] | I, er, feel very ashamed. It is nevertheless | 我 觉得很羞愧 这仍然是 |
[01:27] | er, an outrage. It’s not a personal outrage | 一种压迫 虽然不是针对我个人的压迫 |
[01:29] | but certainly a, a family of man outrage. | 这无疑是针对我们这个大家庭的压迫 |
[01:32] | Frasier, I spent that raise already, | Frasier 我已经提前把加薪的钱花了 |
[01:35] | on my new diamond earrings! | 买了这对钻石耳环 |
[01:36] | I love them. I love them so much, | 我爱它们 我太爱它们了 |
[01:38] | I slept with them! | 睡觉也不舍得跟它们分离 |
[01:39] | Well, Roz, as long as you’re doing it for love | 呃 Roz 你能用到”爱”这个字眼 |
[01:42] | it’s a step in the right direction! | 已经是一大进步了 |
[01:45] | Real supportive, Frasier! | 谢谢你”帮忙”啊 Frasier |
[01:46] | We’ve been getting that raise every year | 我们每年都有这份加薪 |
[01:49] | and now this Nazi in nylons | 而这位穿着尼龙袜的小婊砸 |
[01:51] | comes waltzing in here and cancels it | 大摇大摆着走进来 取消了加薪 |
[01:53] | with some vague crap about | 说些模糊的烂借口 |
[01:55] | corporate belt-tightening. This isn’t fair! | 什么全体节约开支 这不公平 |
[01:57] | Oh, oh, actually you’re right! | 哦 哦 我觉得吧 你说的对 |
[02:00] | Er you, maybe you should tell her what you just told me. | 也许你应该把这话讲给她听 |
[02:03] | Er, except I would leave out the “Nazi in nylons” Bit. | 除了”穿着尼龙袜的小婊砸”那一点 |
[02:05] | It’s not your best icebreaker. | 这个开场白可不行 |
[02:08] | Oh, you’re damn right we’re gonna tell her! | 你特么的说的对 我们是得告诉她 |
[02:11] | We’ve all been here a hell of a lot longer than she has! | 我们在这电台的时间比她长多了 |
[02:14] | That’s right! | 说的对 |
[02:15] | She pushes us, we push back! | 她压迫我们 我们就要反抗 |
[02:19] | – She’s standing right behind me, isn’t she? – Yeah. | – 她就站在我背后 是不 – 对 |
[02:24] | Is there a problem? Nope? Good. | 有什么问题吗 没有 很好 |
[02:27] | – Kate? – Yeah? | – Kate – 干嘛 |
[02:29] | Er…These people would like to speak with you. | 这些人想跟你谈一谈 |
[02:32] | Nope. I’m sorry. I can’t talk right now. | 不行 抱歉 我现在没时间谈话 |
[02:34] | – I’ve got a meeting. – Well I-I’m sorry, excuse me? | – 我得去开会 – 那个 不好意思 |
[02:37] | I think your meeting can wait five minutes. | 你的会议等个五分钟没问题吧 |
[02:39] | Now they’re a little upset about your memo. | 你的通告让大家不太高兴 |
[02:41] | I think you should discuss it with them. | 我觉得你应该跟他们谈一谈 |
[02:42] | Dr Crane… I wrote the memo… | Crane医生 通告是我写的 |
[02:44] | I signed the memo, I posted the memo. | 是我签发的 是我贴的 |
[02:47] | If I had anything more to say, I would have put it… | 如果我还有什么要说的 我会写在 |
[02:49] | – …Anybody? – In the memo? – Bravo. | – 哪儿呢 – 通告里面 – 全中 |
[02:55] | Okay. If she wants to play tough, we’ll play tough back. | 好啊 如果她想来硬的 我们就跟她来硬的 |
[02:58] | We still have a lot of power here. Now we could go on strike | 我们还是有很大力量的 我们可以罢工啊 |
[03:03] | Look, look, you know what, I, I think you should listen to Roz. | 对啊 我觉得你们应该听Roz的 |
[03:07] | Every year in exchange for your hard work, you receive a five percent raise. | 每年 你们用辛勤劳动换来百分之五的加薪 |
[03:11] | Now, you’ve fulfilled your part of the bargain. | 现在你们付出了辛勤的劳动 |
[03:12] | She has blithely changed the deal. | 她却轻描淡写地把加薪取消了 |
[03:15] | In the ‘hood, they call that “Being dissed.” | 在贫民区 这叫做”被削” |
[03:18] | Yes, my streetwise friend. | 是的 小混混同学 |
[03:22] | – You have a right to stand up for yourselves. – Okay. | – 你们有权利维护自己权益 – 好 |
[03:26] | We gonna do this? Are we together? | 大家决定了吗 要一起来吗 |
[03:28] | What’s the point? | 这有什么意义呢 |
[03:30] | If we strike they’ll just replace us. | 如果我们罢工 他们直接再招新人就行了 |
[03:32] | They only care about the on-air people. | 他们只在乎主持人 |
[03:34] | Aaah, so we’ll get their support! | 那 我们就要得到他们的支持 |
[03:36] | Frasier just said he’s on our side! | Frasier刚说了他是站在我们这边的 |
[03:37] | I did? | 我有说吗 |
[03:40] | Well, well, yes I, I did, I did, yes. But | 对 对 我是说过 但是 |
[03:42] | my meagre endorsement is is meaningless | 要是没有其他主持人的支持 |
[03:44] | without the support of the other talent. | 我个人的绵薄之力也帮不上多大忙啊 |
[03:46] | Did you hear that? Frasier’s gonna get everyone on our side! | 听见了吧 Frasier要帮忙把所有人拉到我们这边 |
[03:51] | Er I, I’d love to, to help, but you know | 呃 我 我很愿意帮忙 但你知道 |
[03:54] | I’m already in hot water with that woman! | 我跟台长本来就有过节 |
[03:55] | You can’t ask me to raise a mutiny against her! | 再让我去策划起义反抗她 我还活不活 |
[03:58] | “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one.” | 集体利益高于个人利益 |
[04:03] | James Tiberius Kirk, Captain, Starship Enterprise. | 这是进取号舰长James Tiberius Kirk说的 |
[04:11] | Go away, you annoying little man. | 走开 你这烦人的矮子 |
[04:14] | Please? | 求你了 |
[04:19] | Oh alright, alright! You organise your people, I’ll talk to mine! | 好吧 好吧 你组织好你的人 我会跟主持们谈 |
[04:36] | Hey, beat it. | Hey 走开 |
[04:42] | Hey, if you can’t run with The Bulldog, stay on the porch. | 要是斗不过斗牛犬 你就老老实实在地上待着吧 |
[04:50] | – Niles. – Good evening, Frasier. | – Niles – 晚上好 Frasier |
[04:51] | You left your Mont Blanc in my car, so I | 你的万宝龙钢笔落在我车上了 所以我 |
[04:55] | Oh. | 哇 |
[04:56] | I see cocktails. Hors d’oeuvres. Mingling. | 鸡尾酒 开胃菜 闲聊天 |
[05:02] | If I were the suspicious type | 如果我是那种多疑的人 |
[05:03] | I’d say you were throwing a party to which I was not invited. | 我会觉得你在办派对但是却没邀请我 |
[05:06] | – Feel like a wiener, Niles? – Indeed I do. | – 要来个香肠儿吗 Niles – 确实 |
[05:12] | Niles, this is not a party. | Niles 这不是派对 |
[05:14] | And dad, that is fourteen-dollar- a-pound andouille sausage. | 还有老爸 这是14刀一磅的新奥良熏肠 |
[05:17] | Wow. Means Eddie ate about thirty bucks’ worth. | 哇 那么Eddie已经吃了30大洋了 |
[05:23] | Niles, these people are colleagues from the station. | Niles 这些人是电台的同事 |
[05:25] | We’re here to discuss a labour dispute. | 我们在这里讨论一场劳资纠纷的应对方案 |
[05:27] | Oh, well. Fight on, people! | 那么 加油 战士们 |
[05:30] | You know, there is no greater friend to the working man than my own Maris. | 话说 我们Maris就是工人阶级最好的朋友 |
[05:34] | Remember, when our stable boy Wakim’s appendix burst? | 还记得吗 我们的马童Wakim犯阑尾炎的时候 |
[05:37] | She had him driven back | 她自掏腰包 |
[05:38] | to the border at her own personal expense! | 把他送到国境线那边去了 |
[05:43] | – Ah, good evening, Frasier! – Gil, Sheryl, Floyd! | – 晚上好 Frasier – Gil Sheryl Floyd |
[05:46] | Oh! What a stunning apartment! | 哦 好漂亮的房子 |
[05:49] | The palette is pure, subtle elegance! | 色调纯洁中透露着优雅 |
[05:52] | The detailing… well, it’s inspired! And the furnishings… | 细节设计 嗯 很有创意 再看看家具 |
[05:57] | Oh, dear. Is that a chair? | 妈呀 那是椅子吗 |
[06:02] | That is my father’s chair. | 那是我父亲的椅子 |
[06:04] | Oh. Well… this must be your father! | 哦 嗯 这肯定是你的父亲 |
[06:07] | Marty Crane. You put on quite a show! | Marty Crane 你的表演很很不错 |
[06:09] | Oh, you’ve heard my little programme? | 哦 那你有听我那小节目喽 |
[06:10] | No, I mean just coming through the door. | 不 我说的是你进门的那一出 |
[06:16] | Doc, doc! Can we hurry this thing up? | 医生 医生 我们能快点吗 |
[06:18] | I got a charity event tonight. | 我今晚有个慈善活动 |
[06:19] | She’s not much to look at, but what the hell. | 她不是很正 但随便吧 |
[06:23] | Okay, well, since we’re all here… | 好吧 人都到齐了 |
[06:26] | Er, now, regarding management’s claim of financial distress | 呃 关于管理层声称的财务危机 |
[06:29] | I’ve done some checking around.. | 我做了些调查 |
[06:30] | and I’ve found that the advertising revenues | 发现广告收入 |
[06:31] | are up eleven-and-a-half percent | 上升了百分之十一点五 |
[06:35] | – Gil Chesterton, the restaurant critic! – Yes. | – 是Gil Chesterton 美食评论家 – 是的 |
[06:38] | Oh, I just love those wicked things you say when the food is bad! | 我最爱你对那些垃圾食物的毒舌评论了 |
[06:42] | Well, keep bringing these and you won’t be disappointed! | 继续给我们吃这个的话 你也能亲身体会 |
[06:47] | The wage freeze is unwarranted. | 取消加薪没有正当理由 |
[06:49] | It is simply a ploy of an overly ambitious station manager | 这只是野心台长的花招 |
[06:51] | and typical of this woman! | 这个女人惯用的 |
[06:53] | She has terrorised us, she has tampered with our shows. | 她恐吓我们 胡乱捣鼓我们的节目 |
[06:55] | It’s time we said no to this Princess of Darkness! | 是时候向黑暗女王说”不”了 |
[06:58] | I got a better idea. | 我有更好的主意 |
[06:59] | Why don’t we just walk up | 我们干脆直接 |
[07:00] | to Mike Tyson and tell him he talks funny? | 去告诉拳王泰森 他讲话很奇怪 |
[07:04] | What about our support staff? | 那我们的助理们怎么办 |
[07:07] | If we don’t back this strike, they may lose their jobs! | 如果我们不加入这次罢工 他们就失业了 |
[07:10] | They’re powerless without our support. | 没有我们的支持他们能成什么气候 |
[07:11] | Frasier, old man, why do they need raises? | Frasier 老朋友 他们要加薪干嘛呢 |
[07:14] | You’re talking about people who eat corndogs and nachos. | 这些都是吃热狗和玉米片的人 |
[07:19] | That statement is appallingly elitist. | 你这是赤裸裸的精英主义 |
[07:22] | Well thank you, Mister Everyday People! | 哼 谢谢 普通民众先生 |
[07:26] | Hey, I’m sure we’d all like to help these people, | Hey 我们肯定都愿意帮忙 |
[07:28] | but we need our jobs. | 但我们也不能丢了自己的工作呀 |
[07:30] | We’re working stiffs too… | 我们过得也很艰辛 |
[07:30] | …living from paycheck-to- paycheck just like they are. | 像他们一样 都过着月光族的生活 |
[07:33] | Excuse me, someone’s blocking me in downstairs. Who has a BMW? | 不好意思 楼下有辆车挡住我了 那辆宝马是谁的 |
[07:41] | A red BMW. | 红色的宝马 |
[07:44] | – With a red interior. – Oh, that’s me! | – 座椅也是红的 – 哦 是我的 |
[07:47] | Just give me your key; I’ll leave it to the doorman. | 把钥匙给我吧 我一会儿把它放在门卫那里 |
[07:49] | – Oh, no no. I was just leaving. – Oh, I’m going too. | – 哦 不用了 我要走了 – 那我也要走了 |
[07:52] | Where are your ethics? Where’s your conscience? | 你们道德心哪去了 你们的良知何在啊 |
[07:55] | Where’s your john? I need to slap on some Canoe. | 你家的厕所在哪儿 哥一会儿还要去打炮呢 |
[08:00] | Hey, I’m with you people! To heck with the workers. | Hey 我支持你们 谁要管那些助理 |
[08:04] | – They’re not yours! – Hey, damn right! | – 又不是你们的责任 – Hey 太对了 |
[08:06] | And chances are, after the station manager crushes the little people | 只要台长压榨完那些小员工之后 |
[08:10] | she won’t come after you big shots. | 不会拿你们这些大咖来开刀就行 |
[08:12] | Right. Why would she? | 对 怎么会呢 |
[08:15] | Well, I mean er, supposing she’s trying to save money | 我听这个意思 她是想省钱 |
[08:18] | you’re the big ticket items. | 而你们才是大头啊 |
[08:19] | Erm, after all this, well, she won’t have to worry about | 而且 这事一过 她就不用担心那些 |
[08:22] | the support staff backing you guys up, will she? | 助理会给你们撑腰 不是吗 |
[08:25] | Oh but no, that’s crazy. | 哦 不 这也太疯狂了 |
[08:28] | You’re not suggesting that | 你是说 |
[08:29] | Kate might be coming after our money next? | Kate下一步对付的可能就是我们 |
[08:31] | No, she wouldn’t do that! | 不 怎么会呢 |
[08:33] | She’s a peach, right? Soft as a cream puff. | 她是个小可爱 对吧 像奶油泡芙一样温柔 |
[08:35] | And we all know no-one here is overpaid | 而且我们都明白 这里没有人薪水过高 |
[08:38] | Suddenly, I’m feeling very Norma Rae. | 突然间 我觉得自己是有压迫就反抗的诺玛蕾 |
[08:42] | Great! I’ll get us some more wine. | 好 我再去拿点酒来 |
[08:45] | Dad, that was brilliant, using reverse psychology! | 老爸 换位思考这招太高明了 |
[08:47] | I guess living with me is rubbing off on you a little bit. | 看来跟我住你受益良多啊 |
[08:50] | Well, I guess it’s only natural that environmental factors | 嗯 我认为环境因素很自然的会 |
[08:53] | – would influence personality development -Alright. | – 影响一个人的性格 – 得了 |
[08:56] | Well, oh wait I, I hope I didn’t hit | 噢 等一下 我希望我没有打击到 |
[08:58] | – some long-repressed Oedipal nerve – Very funny. | – 你长期压抑的恋母情结 – 哈哈 |
[09:01] | Because the last thing we want is for you | 因为我们最不希望看到的是 |
[09:03] | to be sublimating your anger passive/aggressive | 你的愤怒得到主动或被动的升华 |
[09:05] | Oh, alright! Just stop it, you wise ass! | 好了 别卖弄了 你个老机灵 |
[09:07] | Ha-hey! Looks like I’m rubbing off on you, too! | 哈哈 看来跟我住你也受益良多啊 |
[09:18] | Alright, people! I have spoken… | 好了 伙计们 我跟其他 |
[09:20] | – with the on-air talent, and I… – Shhh! | – 主持人谈过了 而且我 – 嘘 |
[09:22] | Ixnay, Dr Crane | 不要讲话 Crane医生 |
[09:30] | Ah, yes. You’ve really dropped the cone of silence now. | 很好 现在你已经关好防音墙了 |
[09:36] | Anyway, I have delivered on my promise: | 总之 我已经兑现了我的承诺 |
[09:39] | the talent is behind you. | 主持们都是支持你们的 |
[09:40] | If you strike, we strike. All for one and one for all! | 你们罢工 我们就罢工 我为人人 人人为我 |
[09:44] | – Okay! So who is our spokesperson, who is leading the charge? – I am. | – 好 那么谁是我们的发言人 谁来挑这个头 – 我 |
[09:48] | You want to make something of it? Oh shoot, I smiled again! | 怎样 想开打吗 靠 我又笑了 |
[09:55] | Rozalinda, a word. | Rozalinda 能谈一下吗 |
[10:02] | Our leader is Noel Shempsky?! | Noel Shempsky来挑头 |
[10:04] | The man has all the backbone of a paramecium! | 这人跟草履虫一样 没有脊梁啊 |
[10:07] | Well, do you think that it’s my idea? | 你以为我愿意啊 |
[10:09] | Noel and I were the only two who volunteered. | 只有Noel和我两个人愿意做出头鸟 |
[10:12] | ‘Course, they voted me down. | 当然 他们否决了我 |
[10:13] | I’m smarter than he is, more confident, more articulate | 我比他聪明 比他有自信 比他伶牙俐齿 |
[10:16] | but those stupid little wusses think I’m a hot-head! | 但那些废物觉得我太暴脾气 |
[10:21] | But Noel, Roz! | Roz Noel绝对不行 |
[10:23] | A lot of people’s jobs are riding on this, including mine! | 这一次赌上了很多人的工作 包括我自己的 |
[10:26] | – Then you do it! – Me? | – 那你上啊 – 我 |
[10:27] | – Yes! – No no, me? – Oh, please! | – 对 – 不 我不行 – 求你了 |
[10:28] | Me? No, no, I’ve done enough already, oh. What? | 我 不不 我已经做的够多了 干嘛 |
[10:31] | Dr Crane, I can see that you’re concerned | Crane医生 我看的出来你担心 |
[10:33] | about my negotiating skills. But don’t be | 我的谈判能力 但请放心 |
[10:36] | I have a secret weapon. | 我有秘密武器 |
[10:39] | I can faint at will. Check it out | 我想晕倒就能晕倒 快看 |
[10:49] | Okay people, there’s been a coup. | 好了 伙计们 我要发动政变了 |
[10:51] | I am now your leader! | 我现在是你们的领头羊了 |
[10:53] | To the lair of the She-Wolf! | 向母狼的巢穴前进 |
[11:04] | Wow. What have we here? | 什么风把你们吹来了 |
[11:06] | We are dissatisfied with the wage freeze | 我们对取消加薪这事儿不满意 |
[11:08] | and we demand to speak to you about it. | 我们要求跟你讨论这件事 |
[11:11] | – Don’t we? – Yes! | – 是不是 – 是 |
[11:14] | Alright, but aren’t you people still on the clock? | 好啊 但你们不是还没下班吗 |
[11:23] | Well hi-ho the dairy-o, the cheese stands alone. | 依嗬伊尔呦 就剩你在风中飘啊 |
[11:29] | They’re a shrewd group. | 他们是精锐部队 |
[11:30] | They only flex their muscles when they have to. | 不到必要时刻不会显露实力 |
[11:34] | Well done! | 做得好 |
[11:37] | Yeah, right. Will you get in here? | 好啦 你进来吧 |
[11:42] | I’m kinda surprised to see you here. | 我有点惊讶看到你在这 |
[11:44] | This really isn’t your fight, is it? | 这事儿其实跟你没关系吧 |
[11:46] | I am honoured to have been | 我很荣幸被 |
[11:47] | chosen by my colleagues to speak for them. | 同僚选为他们的发言人 |
[11:49] | Oh. That’s a shame. | 太可惜了 |
[11:50] | I was kinda looking forward to seeing Shempsky faint. | 我还挺想看到Shempsky晕倒 |
[11:55] | Well, we have a lot to do, so we may as well just get to it | 我们都很忙 所以就开门见山吧 |
[11:59] | Is that a, a new hairdo? It’s very fetching. | 你换了新发型吗 很迷人呢 |
[12:02] | Oooh, is that a new tie? It just lights up your pretty face. | 你扎了新领带吗 让你的小脸蛋儿熠熠生辉啊 |
[12:08] | Look, what is it about us? | 咱们之间到底怎么了 |
[12:09] | I mean, why all this friction between us? For my own part | 为什么老是针锋相对的 我的原因是 |
[12:13] | your intolerable smugness reminds me of my ex-wife. | 你那洋洋自得的嘴脸让我想起我前妻 |
[12:16] | But… what is the source of your antipathy toward me? | 但是为什么你会讨厌我 |
[12:19] | Was there some intimidating male figure in your childhood? | 你的童年里有个什么威严的男性角色吗 |
[12:22] | A father? A, a priest? | 父亲 神父 |
[12:24] | A department store Santa | 商店的圣诞老人 |
[12:25] | I don’t know, I’m just spit-balling here! | 我就是脑洞大开瞎猜的哈 |
[12:28] | I have an idea about the | 我大概知道为什么 |
[12:30] | – source of our antagonism. – Good. Do let me hear it. | – 我们水火不容 – 好啊 告诉我 |
[12:35] | I’m a woman, I’m as smart as you, | 我是个女人 我跟你一样聪明 |
[12:38] | – and I’m your boss. – Coincidences all! | – 而且 我是你的上司 – 这都是巧合 |
[12:42] | Doc… I don’t want to analyse your hang-ups. | 医生 我不想去分析你的那些小烦恼 |
[12:44] | I already got a full-time job. | 我没空再做个兼职心理医生 |
[12:47] | Let’s just get down to business, okay? | 我们直接说正事 好吗 |
[12:48] | Oh, very well. There’s really very little to discuss. | 好 但是 其实也没什么要讨论的 |
[12:52] | These people were promised a raise. | 有人承诺给这些助理加薪 |
[12:53] | They have fulfilled their part of the bargain; | 他们履行了自己的职责 努力工作 |
[12:54] | it’s time for you to honour yours. | 现在是时候履行你的承诺了 |
[12:56] | – You have twenty-four hours. – Or? | – 你有24小时来考虑 – 不然呢 |
[12:58] | We walk, en masse. Including the on-air talent. | 我们会全体离开 包括主持人 |
[13:01] | – I’ve seen to that myself. – You have. | – 我会亲自监督 – 是嘛 |
[13:05] | – Why are you gunning for me? – Gunning? For you? | – 为什么你要针对我 – 针对 你 |
[13:09] | This isn’t about you, | 这跟你没关系 |
[13:10] | it’s about what you’re doing to those people. | 是你做的事太缺德了 |
[13:12] | It’s the shame of Seattle! | 是西雅图之耻 |
[13:13] | No, no; this is about your ego, | 不不 这是因为你的自尊心 |
[13:15] | which is the size of Seattle! | 像西雅图那么大 |
[13:18] | Every suggestion, every decision I’ve made | 我作出的每个提议 每个决定 |
[13:21] | has been met by this impenetrable wall | 都碰上了这堵油盐不进的 |
[13:23] | of arrogance masquerading as righteousness. | 打着正义旗号的墙 其实就是你的虚荣心作祟 |
[13:26] | That’s a desperate shot | 就因为我有社会责任感 |
[13:28] | attacking me because I have a social conscience! | 所以你就孤掷一注的打击我 |
[13:30] | No, what you have is a fat contract, | 不 你有的是一张丰厚的合约 |
[13:31] | and so do the rest of your cronies. | 你那些战友也是 |
[13:33] | So when it came time for staff raises | 如果给助理们加薪的话 |
[13:35] | there was no more money left in the till! | 轮到你们的时候就没钱剩下了 |
[13:37] | Oh, you are twisting things to make it look like it’s my fault! | 哦 你不过是在扭曲事实 把错推到我身上 |
[13:41] | Oh, it’s true what they say: | 俗话说的好 |
[13:42] | the devil comes disguised as a beautiful woman! | 漂亮女人最会骗人 |
[13:47] | There would’ve been raises | 他们本来能拿到加薪的 |
[13:48] | if you hadn’t taken | 谁叫你把钱 |
[13:49] | all the money to pay for those Armani suits. | 都拿去买这些阿玛尼西装了呢 |
[13:51] | Oh, oh, what about you? | 你也好不到哪里去 |
[13:52] | Let’s not overlook that pricey little Fendi scarf you’re wearing! | 看看你身上那昂贵的意大利Fendi围巾 |
[13:56] | Well, what about this designer cologne on you? | 那么你身上喷的那些定制古龙水呢 |
[13:58] | Well, how about those pouty lips that must have | 哼 这撅起的傲娇小嘴唇肯定让你 |
[14:00] | cost you a fortune in collagen injections! | 花了不少钱做丰唇吧 |
[14:02] | These lips are mine | 这是我天生的 |
[14:03] | – you arrogant gasbag! – You intractable despot! | – 你这自负的话唠 – 你这顽固的专制者 |
[14:06] | – Blowhard! – Tyrant! – Ass! – Shrew! | – 吹牛王 – 暴君 – 混蛋 – 泼妇 |
[14:15] | Get out! | 出去 |
[14:19] | Now! | 马上 |
[14:33] | – Hey, Niles! – Maris found a grey hair. | – Niles – Maris长白头发了 |
[14:37] | Daphne, get Niles a brandy. | Daphne 给Niles拿杯白兰地 |
[14:40] | It was right at the apex of her widow’s peak. | 正正在她的美人尖儿那儿 |
[14:42] | Better bring the bottle! | 整瓶儿都拿来吧 |
[14:44] | She blames me, dad. She said | 她责怪我 爸 她说 |
[14:47] | it’s from the stress I caused her last night when I | 这是因为我昨晚给她的压力太大 |
[14:50] | thoughtlessly turned | 因为我白痴的 |
[14:51] | on the light while she was getting undressed. | 在她脱衣的时候开灯了 |
[14:57] | Oh! Good evening, Dr Crane! | 晚上好 Crane医生 |
[15:00] | Oh, let me take that for you. | 我来帮你 |
[15:01] | After all, you are the friend of the working man! | 话说 你才是工人阶级的朋友 |
[15:05] | Thank you, Daphne. | 谢谢 Daphne |
[15:06] | – Defender of the little people – Alright, Daphne | – 弱势群体的捍卫者 – 行了 Daphne |
[15:08] | Standing up to the boss on behalf of the downtrodden | 代表受压迫的人们勇敢地与上司对抗 |
[15:11] | selflessly risking your own | 甚至不惜牺牲自己的 |
[15:12] | Don’t you have some meat to boil? | 你都不用做饭的吗 |
[15:17] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I apologise, | 对不起 对不起 我道歉 |
[15:20] | it’s just been a, a, a bad day. | 只是今天过得很糟糕 |
[15:23] | I was elected by the | 我被员工们 |
[15:24] | employees to present our demands to, to Kate. | 选作代表向Kate申诉我们的需求 |
[15:28] | Oh well, that was a smart move! | 哦 那是很明智的举动 |
[15:30] | Did you give her a good tongue-lashing? | 那你把她的嘴巴堵住了吗 |
[15:39] | – In a manner of speaking, yes. – I’m proud of you, son. | – 算是吧 – 我为你感到自豪 儿子 |
[15:44] | No, don’t be, dad. I’m a fraud. | 不 不要 老爸 我是个骗子 |
[15:48] | I, I was in her office tempers flared and | 我去了她的办公室 大发脾气 |
[15:53] | the next thing I knew, we were locked in | 然后不知怎的 我们就沉浸在 |
[15:56] | – passionate kiss! – Ooooh, go on! | – 激吻中 – 哇 继续 |
[16:01] | Daphne, I’m really not that | Daphne 在你面前 |
[16:02] | comfortable talking about this in front of you. | 谈这些事让我不太自在 |
[16:04] | Oh, no need to be shy around me. | 哦 你在我面前不用害羞 |
[16:06] | I’m a professional health care worker! | 我是个专业的护理人员 |
[16:08] | I’ve seen it all! | 姐什么没见过 |
[16:09] | I’ve helped your father in and out of the bathtub. | 我还帮着扶你父亲进出浴缸 |
[16:11] | Okay, Daphne… | 好了 Daphne |
[16:13] | – I’ve seen his bits! – Hey! Oh, for God’s sake! | – 我什么都看见了 – 看在老天份上 不要说了 |
[16:17] | Just tell her, will you? | 告诉她吧 行吗 |
[16:19] | Oh, alright. It was like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. | 好吧 那感觉像是我从来没有体验过的 |
[16:23] | It was just… pure sex! Overwhelming, unexpected, animal-like! | 只是 纯粹的性 势不可挡 出乎意料 狂野无比 |
[16:29] | Oh well, that! We’ve all experienced that, who hasn’t? Pfff! | 哦 那个啊 我们都体验过的啊 谁没有啊 哼 |
[16:36] | I’m no stranger to that feeling meself. | 我对那种感觉不陌生 |
[16:39] | It can strike without warning. And you don’t know who it will be! | 它说来就来 你甚至不知道对方会是谁 |
[16:42] | Why, you could be standing next to a person | 不奇怪 因为可能他就在你面前 |
[16:45] | month after month | 日复一日 你都没在意 |
[16:47] | ..and then the next thing you know | 然后 不知怎的 |
[16:48] | you’re tearing each other’s clothes off! | 你们就在撕扯对方的衣服了 |
[16:51] | – There’s a word for it – Hope. | – 有个词是专门形容这个的 – 希望 |
[16:56] | Oh, this is madness! I’m actually lusting after a woman | 这太抽风了 这个女人只会打击我 碾压我 |
[17:00] | that does nothing but grate on my nerves. I can’t stand her! | 我居然对她有这么强烈的欲望 我根本受不了她 |
[17:03] | Oh really, Dr Crane! Would a man want to have sex | 真的吗 Crane医生 男人会对一个 |
[17:06] | with a woman he doesn’t even like? | 他根本不喜欢的女人产生欲望吗 |
[17:07] | – Yes! – Absolutely! | – 会 – 当然会 |
[17:11] | But what about her? Maybe she’s been harbouring feelings for me. | 那她呢 可能她一直把对我的感觉藏在心底 |
[17:17] | Is it possible that she | 有没有可能她 |
[17:17] | could have been lusting after me all this time? | 其实一直都在暗恋我 |
[17:19] | Oh, it could be. But | 有可能 但是 |
[17:22] | you know, you were in the middle of a negotiation. | 你们正在谈判 你懂的 |
[17:24] | Maybe she laid that smackeroo on you just to rattle your brain. | 可能她勾引你只是想捣乱你的思维 |
[17:27] | Dad has a point. Your musk-drenched animal magnetism aside | 爸说得对 虽然你是充满男性魅力的吸妞神器 |
[17:32] | it’s quite possible that she was simply manipulating you. | 但很有可能她只是想要操控你 |
[17:34] | Oh, I hardly think so. | 哦 我不这么认为 |
[17:36] | The woman’s passion… seemed genuine. | 这女人的激情 感觉很真实 |
[17:40] | Yes, it always does. | 哈 必须的呀 |
[17:44] | Do you suppose it’s possible | 你们觉得她可能 |
[17:45] | she’s just using sex to sway me to her side? | 就是勾引我 想我拉去她那边 |
[17:48] | Well, figure it out. Who made the first move? You or her? | 那就看谁先行动的 你还是她 |
[17:51] | There was no first move. | 这没有谁先谁后 |
[17:52] | It was more like spontaneous sexual combustion. | 更像是自然而然的欲火焚身 |
[17:54] | – There’s always a first move. Think. – Alright. | – 总会有人先行动的 想想吧 – 好吧 |
[17:59] | I was standing in front of her desk like so. | 我就像这样站在她的桌子前面 |
[18:01] | She was facing me… Niles, you be Kate. | 她面向我 Niles 你来当Kate |
[18:03] | – I will not. – Look, just stand up! | – 我拒绝 – 来嘛 就站起来一下 |
[18:06] | I’m always the girl! In every prep school play I was the girl! | 我总是演女的 在学校话剧里我都是演女的 |
[18:10] | Guinevere, Marian the Librarian, | Guinevere 图书管理员Marian |
[18:12] | Ado Annie. Well, no more. | Ado Annie 哼 我不干了 |
[18:13] | I’m through with it! | 我受够了 |
[18:14] | When do I get to be Shoeless Joe from Hannibal, Mo’?! | 我什么时候才能演失魂记里的棒球手男主 |
[18:17] | This is getting me nowhere! Alright. | 真是一点用没有 好吧 |
[18:19] | I’ll just have to go down there and confront her myself. | 我只能去跟她当面对质了 |
[18:23] | Find out if what she was feeling was actually genuine or | 去看看她是真的有感觉 |
[18:27] | she was simply being a conniving femme fatale! | 还是个玩阴谋的妖精 |
[18:29] | Oh, come on now, Dr Crane! | 算了吧 Crane医生 |
[18:31] | It’s not like men have never used sex | 难道男人就不会把性作为手段 |
[18:33] | to get what they want. | 来达成不可告人的目的吗 |
[18:34] | How can we possibly use sex | 我们怎么可能把性作为手段 |
[18:36] | to get what we want?! | 来达成不可告人的目的 |
[18:37] | Sex is what we want! | 性就是我们不可告人的目的 |
[18:57] | – Kate – Frasier – Kate. – Frasier. | |
[19:01] | Er… I think we have | 我想我们 |
[19:02] | -some issues to discuss. – Me too. Have a seat. | – 有些事情要谈一下 – 我也是 请坐 |
[19:05] | – I’d prefer to stand. – Me too. | – 我还是站着吧 – 我也是 |
[19:10] | – Let’s talk about the kiss. – Yeah. Let’s. | – 我们谈谈那个吻吧 – 好 谈吧 |
[19:11] | Alright. | 好 |
[19:12] | Why did it happen? Some possibilities: | 它为什么会发生 有几种可能性 |
[19:16] | Er, frustration; passion;the stress of the situation; | 呃 挫折 激情 形势压力 |
[19:22] | – Manipulation. – Manipulation | – 操纵伎俩 – 操纵伎俩 |
[19:26] | – That is interesting. – What’s interesting is that | – 很有趣 – 有趣的是 |
[19:28] | you focused on manipulation. Why? | 你对”操纵伎俩”最有反应 为什么 |
[19:31] | Because there’s a possibility of manipulation. | 因为操纵伎俩有可能是问题的答案 |
[19:33] | So, you admit that you were manipulating me! | 所以你承认你在操纵我 |
[19:35] | Me? I’m talking about you! | 我 我说的是你 |
[19:37] | How dare you think I’d do a thing like that! | 你竟然觉得我会做那种事 你是找死是不 |
[19:39] | Well, it’s not unheard of for a woman like you | 这也不是新鲜事 像你这样的女人 |
[19:41] | to use her feminine wiles to get what she wants. | 用自己的女性魅力来骗取想要的东西 |
[19:44] | Oh, very clever! What about you using your | 哦 真机灵 难道你就不会用你的 |
[19:46] | masculine wiles to get what you want? | 男性魅力来骗取你想要的吗 |
[19:50] | You think my wiles are masculine? | 你觉得我的男色能勾引你 |
[19:53] | No, I am not going down that road again. | 不 我不要走上这条路了 |
[19:56] | ‘Course you’re not. Because at the end of that road | 你当然不想 因为这条路的尽头 |
[20:00] | is a cul-de-sac of vulnerability. That’s not you, is it? | 是条脆弱的死胡同 那不是你 对吗 |
[20:06] | – No, you’re cement-hard. – “Cul-de-sac of vulnerability”? | – 不 你是坚硬的水泥道 – 脆弱的死胡同 |
[20:12] | Alright, listen. You see | 好了 听着 |
[20:14] | me for a couple of hours out of every day | 你每天见到我一两个小时 |
[20:15] | and you think you know me? The me me? | 你就觉得你了解我吗 了解真正的我吗 |
[20:19] | Alright, I can be tough,okay, | 好 我可以很坚强 是的 |
[20:21] | I’ve gotta be. I can also be tender | 我必须坚强 我也可以柔弱 |
[20:24] | spontaneous shy lusty | 无拘无束 害羞 活泼 |
[20:28] | – playful. – Kittenish? | – 顽皮 – 像小猫一样 |
[20:33] | I could climb you like a scratching post. | 我爬你就跟猫爬猫抓板一样 |
[20:36] | Damn it! | 该死的 |
[20:41] | Stop! What are we doing?! | 停 我们在干什么 |
[20:46] | Now… there are people out there counting on us! | 现在 外面的人还指望我们呢 |
[20:48] | Right, you’re absolutely right. | 对 你说的对 |
[20:49] | We’ve gotta put personal | 在正事解决之前 |
[20:50] | pleasure aside until we get this thing resolved. | 我们要把个人愉悦放到一边 |
[20:53] | Absolutely. We owe it to them. | 当然 这是我们应该做的 |
[20:54] | If it takes every minute of every hour of every day | 即使这事要花光我们的时间 |
[20:57] | and every ounce of strength we have | 榨干我们的精力 |
[20:58] | we have got to settle this strike! Alright. | 我们也得平息这次罢工 来吧 |
[21:01] | Those people deserve a five percent raise. | 他们应该得到百分之五的加薪 |
[21:04] | – I’ll give you three. – Four! – Done. | – 百分之三 – 百分之四 – 成交 |
[21:13] | – Hey, any news? – Frasier’s hanging tough! | – 有什么消息吗 – Frasier立场很坚定 |
[21:16] | He just keeps pounding that desk and saying, | 他不停地拍着桌子说 |
[21:18] | – “More, more, more!” – Okay! | – “多点 多点 多点” – 太好了 |
[21:30] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[21:32] | – She’s offered three percent. – Take it! | – 她愿意加薪百分之三 – 同意吧 |
[21:36] | No, never! | 不 绝对不能 |
[21:37] | I’m going to get you four! | 我去给你们争取百分之四 |
[21:39] | I don’t care if I have to stay in there all night! | 哪怕我整个晚上都要在这奋战 |
[21:45] | Frasier Frasier Frasier Frasier! Frasier! Frasier! |