时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Anyway, Doc, I got this thing. | 医生 我遇到个问题 |
[00:11] | It’s, uh, got to do with women. | 是和女人有关 |
[00:12] | Well, I sense you’re having trouble finding Miss Right. | 我感觉是你找不到意中人 |
[00:15] | What, are you nuts? | 你疯了吗 |
[00:16] | I meet Miss Right most every night! | 我几乎每晚都能找到意中人 |
[00:19] | Eager young college girls, | 年轻有活力的女大学生 |
[00:20] | tough career women | 难对付的职业女性 |
[00:21] | hungry for a little R-and-R, if you know what I’m saying… | 她们就想好好放松一下 你懂的 |
[00:24] | Well, you’re leaving precious little room for misinterpretation. | 你都这样说了 误解的可能性很小 |
[00:27] | But I sense, despite these frequent dalliances, | 不过我感觉到 虽然你经常跟人调情 |
[00:29] | that you’re still not truly happy. | 你还是没有真正感到快乐 |
[00:32] | Well, sure I am. | 我当然快乐 |
[00:33] | It’s just that I lost a pinky ring in one of their houses. | 只不过 我在其中一个人家里丢了个尾戒 |
[00:38] | Star sapphire, beautiful thing. | 星彩蓝宝石的 可漂亮了 |
[00:41] | I figured if I went public with it on your show | 我以为在你节目里提一下 |
[00:43] | I had a pretty good chance of getting it back. | 就很有可能找回来 |
[00:47] | Well, Vinnie, it’s obvious you know nothing about this show, | Vinnie 显然你不了解这个节目 |
[00:50] | or how to treat women. | 不知道怎样对待女人 |
[00:53] | But even more appalling, | 更可怕的是 |
[00:53] | you know even less about jewelry! | 你对珠宝更知之甚少 |
[00:57] | A pinkie no more needs a ring | 小指不需要戴戒指 |
[00:59] | than a neck needs a gold medallion! | 就像脖子上不需要戴金蛋一样 |
[01:02] | Just shoot me, why don’t you? | 你就杀了我吧 |
[01:03] | I’d be delighted! | 很乐意效劳 |
[01:06] | We’ll be right back after this. | 很快回来 |
[01:10] | Hi, Dr. Crane. | 嘿 Crane医生 |
[01:13] | He’s driving me crazy! | 他真是把我搞疯了 |
[01:14] | Well Roz, we can’t all choose our admirers. | Roz 我们可选不了我们的爱慕者 |
[01:16] | It’s gone way beyond the admiring stage. | 这已经远不是爱慕的程度了 |
[01:18] | Have you seen this petition he’s got going around? | 你看没看见他搞的请愿书 |
[01:22] | Hi, Dr. Crane. Did you sign this petition? | 嘿 Crane医生 你在这个请愿书上签字了吗 |
[01:25] | Some anonymously posted in the lunch room? | 有人匿名贴在食堂了 |
[01:27] | It’s to the talented producers of Star Trek | 是给<星际迷航>的制片人 |
[01:31] | suggesting a new character. | 推荐新角色的 |
[01:33] | “The all-powerful space vixen Rozalinda!” | “无所不能的星际狐妖 Rozalinda” |
[01:41] | “Four-breasted queen of the planet Rozniak!” | “Rozniak星球的四胸女王” |
[01:47] | I’ll sign that. | 我愿意签名 |
[01:51] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[01:52] | Well, Roz, television will never improve | Roz 除非有观众发声 |
[01:54] | unless the viewers speak out! | 电视节目是永远不会有长进的 |
[01:56] | Thanks. I’d better go. | 谢谢 我先走了 |
[01:59] | Well, live long and prosper! | 生生不息 繁荣昌盛 |
[02:01] | Oh, just go! | 快走吧你 |
[02:03] | I am the joke of the station. | 我已经成了电台的笑话 |
[02:05] | When I used to come in the morning | 以前我早上来的时候 |
[02:06] | the guard would say, “Morning, Roz”. | 保安会说 “早啊 Roz” |
[02:08] | Now it’s “All hail, Rozalinda!” | 现在变成了 “万福金安 Rozalinda” |
[02:12] | Roz, I think you should be flattered. | Roz 你应该觉得开心才对 |
[02:13] | Noel’s attempt to immortalize you | Noel想让你名垂青史 |
[02:14] | is-is akin to… | 就像 |
[02:15] | a love poem written by Robert Browning to his wife. | 就像Robert Browning给他夫人写的情诗一样 |
[02:18] | Did he ever write a poem where he gave her two extra breasts? | 他给她多加了两个胸脯之后还写过吗 |
[02:22] | Well, I’d have to check my English Lit notes, | 我得查查我的英国文学笔记 |
[02:24] | but I think not, no. | 但我估计没有 |
[02:29] | Hello? Yes? | 喂 是我 |
[02:31] | Niles, Niles, slow down, | Niles 慢点说 |
[02:32] | I can hardly understand you! | 我听不清你说话 |
[02:34] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[02:35] | Maris is missing! | Maris失踪了 |
[02:37] | What? | 什么 |
[02:38] | No, I don’t think you should drag the koi pond! | 不 你不用去捞锦鲤池 |
[02:42] | Listen, I’ll be right over! | 听着 我马上过去 |
[02:43] | All right, just hang tight! | 好的 坚持一下 |
[02:44] | Roz, Roz, how much time left in the show? | Roz 节目还剩多久 |
[02:46] | No, you go, do whatever you have to do. | 别管了 你快去忙吧 |
[02:47] | I’ll handle things here. | 我能应付得来 |
[02:48] | You’re sure you can manage? | 你确定能应付 |
[02:49] | If I can nurse quadruplets | 如果我能喂养好四胞胎 |
[02:50] | and still find time to rule Rozniak, | 还能治理好Rozniak |
[02:52] | I can do anything! | 我就是无所不能的 |
[02:59] | All right, what’s going on? | 好了 现在怎么样了 |
[03:00] | Yeah, Maris is really gone. | Maris真失踪了 |
[03:01] | I’m on the phone with the station right now. | 我正在给警察局打电话 |
[03:03] | Apparently she just vanished. | 很明显 她就这么消失了 |
[03:04] | No note, nothing. | 没有留言 什么都没留下 |
[03:07] | – Oh, Frasier, thank God you’re here. – Niles | – Frasier 感谢上帝你来了 – Niles |
[03:09] | Any news, Dr. Crane? | 有消息吗 Crane医生 |
[03:11] | No, no, I asked the neighbors | 没有 我问过了邻居 |
[03:13] | if they’d seen any strange cars in the neighborhood. | 有没有看到过陌生的车 |
[03:15] | One reported spotting something called a “Minivan.” | 有人说看见了一个叫”小货车”的东西 |
[03:21] | But that was weeks ago! | 但那是几周前的事了 |
[03:24] | Well, there’s no need to panic, Niles. | 不要慌张 Niles |
[03:26] | I’m sure she’s all right. | 我保证她好着呢 |
[03:27] | Oh, dear me I don’t want to alarm you Dr.Crane | 天呐 我不想吓着你 Crane医生 |
[03:31] | but I’m getting a very strong vibration off this. | 但我从这接收到了很强的感应 |
[03:35] | Oh, dear God. | 上帝啊 |
[03:36] | I can see Mrs. Crane. | 我能看到Crane夫人 |
[03:37] | She’s waving this poker around and screaming, | 她正挥舞着火钳大喊 |
[03:40] | “You thief! Get out! | “强盗 滚出去 |
[03:42] | You’ll never get away with this! | 你们不会逃过惩罚的” |
[03:43] | Wait… | 等一下 |
[03:45] | No, I remember. | 不 我想起来了 |
[03:45] | That’s what she said to the decorator | 这是她对装修顾问说的 |
[03:47] | when he tried to double-bill her for the andirons. | 当时他想把壁炉柴架的价格翻倍 |
[03:51] | I was wondering why the intruder was wearing Toreador pants. | 我还纳闷那人怎么穿着紧身裤呢 |
[03:55] | Yeah, Mike, I’m still here. Yeah, | 是的 Mike 我在听 是的 |
[03:58] | that’s right, she’s been missing three days. | 对 她失踪三天了 |
[04:00] | Uh,excuse me? | 等等 |
[04:02] | She’s been missing for three days | 她失踪三天了 |
[04:03] | and you’re just panic-stricken now? | 你们现在才开始慌了 |
[04:07] | I only just realized it. | 我只是刚刚才意识到而已 |
[04:13] | The last two nights, I knocked on Maris’s bedroom door | 前两个晚上 我去敲Maris卧室的门 |
[04:16] | to wish her goodnight and | 跟她说晚安 |
[04:17] | I was greeted with a chilly silence | 是冷冰冰的沉默回应我的 |
[04:18] | so, naturally I assumed everything was status quo. | 我自然以为一切照旧啊 |
[04:23] | Uh, thin. Make that VERY thin. | 瘦 写上”非常瘦” |
[04:27] | Caucasian. | 白人 |
[04:30] | VERY Caucasian. | “典型的白人” |
[04:32] | Oh God, what could be happening to her? | 上帝啊 她发生了什么事情 |
[04:35] | Oh, wait, wait, | 等等 等等 |
[04:36] | you got something? | 你发现什么了吗 |
[04:37] | O.K., uh-huh, O.K. | 好的 好的 |
[04:40] | Mike ran a check on Maris’s credit cards, | Mike查了Maris的信用卡 |
[04:41] | there’s been a whole bunch of charges in New York. | 有一大堆在纽约的消费记录 |
[04:44] | Oh, God. She’s been kidnapped. | 上帝啊 她被绑架了 |
[04:45] | Someone’s using her credit cards. | 有人盗用了她的信用卡 |
[04:46] | Yeah, O.K., | 是啊 好的 |
[04:47] | yeah, all right, | 对 好的 |
[04:48] | slow down. Armani… | 慢点说 阿玛尼 |
[04:50] | Valentino… | 华伦天奴 |
[04:52] | Cartier… | 卡地亚 |
[04:54] | Tiffany… | 蒂凡尼 |
[04:55] | Any restaurants? | 有餐厅吗 |
[04:56] | Any restaurants? | 有餐厅吗 |
[04:57] | Not a one. | 一个都没有 |
[04:58] | She’s alive! | 她还活着呢 |
[05:00] | Oh, Niles! You’re certain! | Niles 你确定吗 |
[05:03] | Oh, yes! | 确定 |
[05:04] | From that list, | 从这个单子来看 |
[05:05] | she’s recreating her infamous | 她是让她臭名昭著的 |
[05:06] | “Sakes alive, I’m thirty-five” Shopping spree! | “哎哟哟 我三十五” 的购物狂欢复苏了 |
[05:08] | O.K., Mike, thanks a lot. | 好吧 Mike 谢了 |
[05:10] | Yeah, I owe you. Bye. | 我欠你一个人情 拜 |
[05:11] | Oh, Dr. Crane, I’m so relieved. | Crane医生 我可算放心了 |
[05:13] | Oh, so am I. | 我也是 |
[05:14] | I, I’m exhausted. | 我都累死了 |
[05:16] | I, I was so scared. | 我 我都吓死了 |
[05:22] | Frasier? What’s wrong? | Frasier 怎么了 |
[05:24] | You look positively uncelebratory. | 你看起来很不开心啊 |
[05:27] | Aren’t you glad Maris is O.K.? | Maris没事了你不开心吗 |
[05:30] | Of course I am. | 我当然开心了 |
[05:32] | It’s just that… | 只是 |
[05:34] | well, here you are, | 你们都在这儿 |
[05:35] | all panic-stricken and scared to death, | 惊慌失措 吓得半死 |
[05:36] | and she’s off on some shopping trip! | 而她居然去购物了 |
[05:38] | Don’t you find that the least bit upsetting? | 难道你们一点都不觉得生气吗 |
[05:42] | Yes, I suppose her behavior was a tad inconsiderate. | 对 我想她是有点不为别人着想 |
[05:46] | Well, she left without so much as a note or a phone call! | 她纸条也没留 电话也不打就走了 |
[05:48] | Frasier, stay out of this. | Frasier 别跟着掺和 |
[05:50] | It’s between Niles and his wife. | 这是Niles和他媳妇的事 |
[05:51] | You know, I’m sorry, Dad, | 抱歉 老爸 |
[05:52] | but this is not the first time we’ve experienced Maris’s selfish behavior! | 但这不是她第一次办事这么自私了 |
[05:54] | She always puts her needs above his! | 她总是把自己的需求置于他之上 |
[05:56] | She never attends family functions! | 她从来不参加家庭活动 |
[05:58] | Doesn’t that make you angry? | 这些你都不生气吗 |
[06:00] | Well, over the years | 这么多年了 |
[06:01] | I’ve learned to accept Maris’s eccentricities. | 我学会了接受Maris的怪癖 |
[06:04] | Oh, she’s not being eccentric. | 她这不是怪癖 |
[06:05] | She’s being arrogant and selfish! | 而是傲慢和自私 |
[06:07] | If he says he’s not angry, | 如果他说不生气 |
[06:08] | he’s not angry. | 那就是不生气 |
[06:09] | And even if I were angry, | 就算我是生气了 |
[06:10] | what would you have me do? | 你觉得我能怎么样啊 |
[06:10] | Let it out! | 发泄出来啊 |
[06:11] | Well,I am letting it out! | 我在发泄啊 |
[06:12] | I’m getting hives! | 我都得荨麻疹了 |
[06:16] | Well, that is a triumph of self-expression! | 这就是你内心感受的显现 |
[06:18] | My God, man, why don’t you just let out | 上帝啊 为什么你就不能 |
[06:21] | some of the words that you’re dying to say? | 把你最想说的话说出来呢 |
[06:22] | Oh God, I am so sick of you and your relentless psychobabble! | 天呐 我受不了你无尽的瞎掰了 |
[06:27] | A-ha! You’re not angry at me! | 啊哈 你不是生我的气 |
[06:29] | That was directed at Maris! | 这个是砸给Maris的 |
[06:30] | Nope, that was for you! | 不 那个是砸你的 |
[06:31] | This is for Maris! | 这个才是砸Maris的 |
[06:33] | Whoa! O.K., all right, | 哇 行了 好吧 |
[06:34] | Niles, now you got it out of your system! | Niles 你算是发泄出来了 |
[06:36] | Yes, but it felt so good! | 是啊 但是我感觉好棒 |
[06:37] | Let me do one more! | 让我再砸一个 |
[06:38] | All right, Niles, | 这就对了 Niles |
[06:38] | this is good, this is healthy! | 很好 这有益健康 |
[06:40] | But you’ve got to channel it! | 但你得找个途径处理这事 |
[06:41] | You must talk to Maris! | 你得跟Maris谈谈 |
[06:43] | Oh no, wait! That’s beautiful! | 不 等一下 那个多好看啊 |
[06:45] | Here, this one’s hideous! | 砸这个 这个丑 |
[06:47] | Hey, I gave him that for a wedding present! | 嘿 这是我送他的结婚礼物 |
[06:50] | Well, all right, here! | 好吧 这个 |
[06:52] | Dios Mio! | 上帝啊 |
[06:53] | Oh, Marta! This feels wonderful! | Marta 这感觉太奇妙了 |
[06:57] | You must try it! | 你也试试 |
[07:03] | I meant at your house. | 我是说在你自己家 |
[07:08] | Oh my God, it’s Maris! | 上帝啊 是Maris |
[07:09] | Maris?! What?! | Maris 什么 |
[07:10] | You said she was in New York! | 你说她还在纽约的 |
[07:11] | Well, I don’t know, she probably flew back! | 我不知道 她可能是飞回来了 |
[07:15] | All right, all right, no one panic, | 好了 好了 别害怕 |
[07:17] | there’s an easy solution to this! | 有个简单的办法 |
[07:18] | Frasier, bash me on the head with this, | Frasier 拿这个砸我的头 |
[07:19] | we’ll tell Maris there was a break-in! | 我们就告诉Maris有人入室抢劫 |
[07:20] | Niles, Niles, stop it! | Niles 快停下 |
[07:23] | God, you are the damaged party here, | 天呐 你才是被伤害的一方 |
[07:25] | not Maris! | 不是Maris |
[07:25] | But-but-but-but the mess! | 但 但 但是 这些乱七八糟的 |
[07:27] | This mess is the physical manifestation | 这些碎片体现的就是 |
[07:29] | of years of repressed anger! | 你多年来压抑的怒火 |
[07:31] | It’s time to draw a line in the sand and say, | 是时候明明白白告诉她 |
[07:33] | “I have had enough!” | “我受够了” |
[07:35] | My God, man, show her your mess! | 天呐 给她看看你有多一团糟 |
[07:45] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[07:47] | It’s time I told Maris | 是该告诉Maris |
[07:48] | I will not tolerate this behavior. | 我不想再忍受她的这些行为了 |
[07:50] | I’m going up there | 我要上楼 |
[07:50] | and I’m going to demand an apology! | 要求她给我道歉 |
[07:52] | Good for you! | 这就对了 |
[07:56] | I always hated that dynasty. | 我一直讨厌那个朝代 |
[08:03] | How’re you feeling, Mr. Crane? | 感觉怎么样 Crane先生 |
[08:04] | I’m fine, | 我很好 |
[08:05] | I wish you’d quit asking me. | 你能别问了吗 |
[08:06] | Well, it’s a reasonable question for a man | 对于刚刚吃了帽子盒大小的 |
[08:08] | who just ate a cut of prime rib the size of a hatbox. | 上好排骨的人来说确实该问 |
[08:11] | Well, whose fault’s that? | 那又该怪谁 |
[08:12] | You’re the one who was too embarrassed to walk out with a doggie bag. | 是你嫌拎着打包袋丢人的 |
[08:15] | For what it cost, | 不论如何 |
[08:16] | that meat was coming with me, | 那些肉本来就是我的 |
[08:17] | one way or another! | 不管用什么方式 |
[08:21] | Goodness, we’ve been gone three hours. | 上帝啊 我们去了三个小时 |
[08:23] | Probably have a dog with a full bladder in there. | 大概狗狗都憋坏了吧 |
[08:25] | Lord, let’s hope so. | 天呐 希望它没乱尿吧 |
[08:34] | Hey, Daph, how do you feel about taking him for a walk? | Daph 你带它出去转转怎么样 |
[08:36] | I just want to get in there and unbuckle my pants | 我要进屋松松裤腰带 |
[08:39] | since I wasn’t allowed to at the restaurant! | 因为在饭店里有人不让我这么干 |
[08:41] | Oh, sure. We all know how Eddie needs his exercise. | 没问题 我们都知道Eddie得多锻炼 |
[08:45] | we wouldn’t want all that fatty meat he eats | 我们可不想它吃的肥肉 |
[08:47] | clogging up his aging arteries | 堵住它老化的动脉 |
[08:49] | until his poor old heart gives out. | 最后搞得心脏衰竭了 |
[08:51] | Oh and, uh, why don’t you pick up | 要不你顺便去街角的小铺 |
[08:52] | some half-and-half at the corner store too? | 买点混合饮料 |
[08:55] | Get moving, old man! | 动动身子吧 老头 |
[09:03] | There y ‘are! | 你回来啦 |
[09:05] | Niles Niles? | |
[09:10] | Sorry to startle you, | 抱歉吓到你了 |
[09:11] | I let myself in. | 我自己进来的 |
[09:12] | Want a beer? | 来点啤酒 |
[09:13] | No. | 不了 |
[09:16] | I have to thank you for putting me in touch with my anger. | 我要谢谢你帮我感受到了自己的愤怒 |
[09:19] | I had no idea how therapeutic it was | 我都不知道把东西举起来 |
[09:22] | to just pick something up and smash it! | 再砸烂有这么治愈 |
[09:34] | Well you’re welcome, Niles. | 不客气 Niles |
[09:36] | But, um, how did things go with Maris? | 但是 跟Maris谈得怎么样了 |
[09:44] | I marched into her room | 我大摇大摆走进她屋里 |
[09:45] | and demanded an explanation. | 要求她给我个解释 |
[09:47] | It seems that over lunch with her garden club, | 原来她是和园艺俱乐部的人吃完午饭 |
[09:50] | Maris heard that the new Couture lines had arrived in New York. | 听说纽约上了新的品牌 |
[09:54] | So she hied her way to the airport, | 所以她就急匆匆去了机场 |
[09:55] | and in her haste she forgot to leave me a note. | 太着急了 就忘了给我留个言 |
[09:57] | Unbelievable! | 胡扯 |
[09:58] | Just thinking about it makes me furious! | 一想起来我就快气死了 |
[10:00] | Really? | 是吗 |
[10:01] | Yes! | 是啊 |
[10:10] | So I told her, | 所以我跟她说 |
[10:12] | Maris, you were inconsiderate, | Maris 你根本不考虑他人 |
[10:14] | and when you are ready to apologize, | 你什么时候准备好跟我道歉了 |
[10:16] | I can be reached at Frasier’s! | 就去Frasier家找我 |
[10:19] | Then I stormed out and slammed the door. | 然后我快步离开 摔门而去 |
[10:21] | Of course, | 当然了 |
[10:22] | it was that fourteenth-century Bavarian cathedral door, | 那是14世纪巴伐利亚教堂式的门 |
[10:23] | so I had to get two of the servants to help me slam it. | 所以我不得不找了俩仆人帮我摔 |
[10:25] | But | 但是 |
[10:27] | what it lacked in spontaneity it made up for in resonance! | 它不好关 但好在声音够响 |
[10:32] | Well, Niles, you know I’m not usually one to toot my own horn, | Niles 你知道我不爱自吹自擂 |
[10:35] | but I think in this case I was on the mark. | 但我觉得这事我完全说对了 |
[10:37] | You feel good, don’t you? | 感觉不错 对不对 |
[10:38] | I feel great! | 感觉太棒了 |
[10:39] | You feel empowered? | 感觉到掌控力了吧 |
[10:41] | So empowered! | 太有掌控力了 |
[10:42] | And you’d like to switch to wine now, wouldn’t you? | 那就换成红酒吧 |
[10:44] | Oh, please. | 好的 |
[10:50] | Hello? | 喂 |
[10:51] | Oh, hello, Maris. | 你好 Maris |
[10:52] | Yes, Niles is here. | 是的 Niles在这呢 |
[10:55] | I’ll see if he is available. | 我看看他现在方便不 |
[11:03] | Hello, Maris. | 喂 Maris |
[11:05] | Well, I know you’re not used to me speaking to you that way. | 我知道你不习惯我这么跟你说话 |
[11:08] | That’s rather the point, | 但那正是重点 |
[11:10] | wouldn’t you agree? | 你觉得呢 |
[11:12] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[11:14] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:15] | I know this was a very difficult call for you to make. | 我知道打出这个电话挺不容易的 |
[11:17] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[11:21] | She wants a divorce. | 她想要离婚 |
[11:33] | It’s no use. | 没用的 |
[11:34] | She still won’t talk to me. | 她还是不接我电话 |
[11:35] | Oh, just give her time to cool off. | 给她点时间冷静冷静 |
[11:37] | Call her again in the morning. | 明早再给她打吧 |
[11:39] | Geez, you must be exhausted, Niles. | 天呐 你肯定累坏了 Niles |
[11:41] | Why don’t you call it a day | 要不今天先这样 |
[11:43] | and get some rest, huh? | 你也早点休息 |
[11:45] | Do you have a blanket for me? | 你能给我一个毯子吗 |
[11:47] | Oh no, Niles, | 不 Niles |
[11:48] | you’ve been going through a rough time lately, | 你最近过得挺艰难的 |
[11:49] | you’re not sleeping on any couch. | 别睡沙发了 |
[11:51] | You can sleep in Frasier’s bed. | 你可以睡Frasier的床 |
[11:55] | What? | 什么 |
[11:56] | You’re sure it wouldn’t be too much trouble? | 你确定不会太麻烦吗 |
[11:58] | No trouble. | 不麻烦 |
[11:58] | I wouldn’t want to impose. | 我不想太勉强了 |
[11:59] | No, don’t worry about it, | 不会 别担心这些 |
[12:00] | you’re family. | 我们是一家人 |
[12:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:07] | Well, that was very generous of you. | 你还挺大方啊 |
[12:09] | Well, it’s the least you can do | 这是你害他被赶出来之后 |
[12:10] | after getting him kicked out of the house. | 起码该做的吧 |
[12:12] | Well, Dad, I was just trying to do what’s right for him. | 老爸 我只是为他好 |
[12:14] | Well, trust me. | 相信我 |
[12:15] | I handled domestic disputes for thirty years. | 我处理过这种家庭纠纷30年 |
[12:17] | The first rule is, don’t take sides. | 规矩一 不要选择立场 |
[12:20] | Well, it’s just a little difficult | 发生在亲兄弟身上的时候 |
[12:21] | when it happens to be your own brother. | 有点难吧 |
[12:22] | Well, that’s the second rule. | 这是规矩二 |
[12:24] | When it’s your own family, | 当自己家发生这事的时候 |
[12:25] | keep your nose out of their personal problems. | 别瞎掺和他们的私事 |
[12:28] | This is starting to make some sense. | 我明白你的意思了 |
[12:30] | Well, you should listen to your old man once in a while. | 你早就该听你老爸的话 |
[12:31] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:32] | I mean, I’m not a psychiatrist or anything, | 我不是什么心理学家 |
[12:34] | I’m just a cop. | 我只是个警察 |
[12:35] | But a darn good one. | 但做得特别棒 |
[12:36] | You’re going to talk to Maris, aren’t you? | 你要去跟Maris谈谈是吗 |
[12:38] | I’ll be back in an hour. | 我一小时之内回来 |
[12:49] | Don’t ignore me, Marta! | 别装看不见我 Marta |
[12:51] | Go away! | 你快走吧 |
[12:54] | Let me in, | 让我进来 |
[12:55] | I need to speak with Mrs. Crane! | 我要跟Crane夫人谈谈 |
[12:57] | Missy Crane say, | Crane夫人说 |
[12:58] | no you Dr. Crane, | 你这个Crane医生不准进 |
[13:00] | no other Dr. Crane, | 另一个Crane医生不准进 |
[13:02] | and no Crane with a cane! | 拄拐棍的那个Crane也不行 |
[13:05] | Well, at least tell her that I’m here! | 那至少告诉她我来了啊 |
[13:08] | She know. Everybody know. | 她知道 大家都知道 |
[13:13] | Maris Maris? | |
[13:14] | Maris, we need to talk! | Maris 我们需要谈谈 |
[13:16] | Oh, look, look, I know you’re up there, | 听着 我知道你在上面 |
[13:19] | I can see you through the shutters! | 我能透过百叶窗看见你 |
[13:20] | All right, if you won’t talk, listen! | 好吧 如果你不跟我谈 那就听我说 |
[13:23] | Niles didn’t ask me to come here, | Niles没有让我来 |
[13:25] | I came because I care about both of you. | 我来是因为我关心你们俩 |
[13:27] | I realize that Niles spoke to you rather harshly today. | 我知道Niles今天跟你说话很凶 |
[13:31] | Truth be told, is | 但事实是 |
[13:33] | it was I that urged him to express his anger. | 是我怂恿他表达愤怒的 |
[13:35] | As hard as it was for you to listen to such criticism, | 我知道你很难接受这种批评 |
[13:39] | you’re a fair-minded woman and | 但你是一个公正的女人 |
[13:40] | you must concede that he had a right to be upset! | 你得承认他也有不高兴的权利啊 |
[13:43] | Maris Oh! Oh, Maris! | |
[13:45] | By opening that window | 你打开了那扇窗户 |
[13:47] | you’re opening up a window to a long and happy marriage, | 就是打开了幸福长久婚姻的窗户啊 |
[13:50] | that’s good! | 太好了 |
[14:03] | All right, you’re expressing your anger! | 好吧 你也表达了你的愤怒 |
[14:07] | That’s good, too! | 这也很好 |
[14:08] | But, listen, in spite of that last little outburst, | 但听着 尽管你这样发泄 |
[14:10] | I am not going to leave here | 我还是不会走的 |
[14:12] | until we’ve had some sort of a breakthrough! | 除非我们能有些进展 |
[14:15] | Well, I see our time is up, | 我看时间差不多了 |
[14:18] | I’ll let myself out! | 我还是先走吧 |
[14:22] | I know you’re there. | 我知道你在那呢 |
[14:27] | After last night, frankly, | 昨晚之后 坦白说 |
[14:28] | I’ve had quite enough of your kind. | 我实在受够你们了 |
[14:32] | You can stare all you like. | 你乐意的话就盯着吧 |
[14:33] | I’m not going to give you anything to eat. | 我是绝对不会给你东西吃的 |
[14:37] | Oh, all right, here. | 好吧 给 |
[14:38] | You might as well finish off this god-awful | 你把Daphne做的 |
[14:41] | Shepherd’s Pie that Daphne made. | 难吃的土豆牛肉派解决了吧 |
[14:45] | Lord knows it isn’t fit for human. | 这些根本不是给大活人吃的 |
[14:54] | Did that sound like “Humans?” | 是不是听起来像”大活人” |
[14:57] | I said “Mormons.” | 其实我说的是”摩门人” |
[15:00] | You’re not at your quickest first thing in the morning, are you? | 你早上反应还没那么敏捷是吧 |
[15:03] | Well, it was a rough night. | 昨晚太辛苦了 |
[15:04] | Oh, well, maybe next time you’ll listen to your old man | 也许你下回能听你爸的话 |
[15:06] | and not come between a husband and his wife. | 不再插手别人夫妻俩的事 |
[15:07] | And here’s Dad, | 老爸来了 |
[15:08] | all sleep-refreshed and bright-eyed, | 神清气爽 目光闪烁 |
[15:10] | ready to resume his lecture! | 准备继续他的说教了 |
[15:13] | Oh look, your brother left us a note. | 你看 你弟弟留了纸条 |
[15:19] | Dear Dad, Frasier, & Daphne: | 亲爱的爸爸 Frasier和Daphne |
[15:21] | when you wake up this morning I’ll be gone. | 早上你们醒来的时候 我已经走了 |
[15:23] | Thank you for all your help, | 谢谢你们对我的帮助 |
[15:25] | but I don’t want to be a burden any longer. | 但我不想再成为负担了 |
[15:28] | You don’t think… | 你不会认为 |
[15:29] | no, I’m sure this is all completely harmless. | 不 我觉得不会有什么不测的 |
[15:33] | Yeah, my gun’s still locked up… | 是啊 我的枪还锁着呢 |
[15:34] | and the door to the balcony’s closed… | 阳台门也是关着的 |
[15:37] | And we all know that Daphne’s | 也确定Daphne做的 |
[15:38] | Shepherd’s Pie is still in the refrigerator. | 土豆牛肉派还在冰箱里 |
[15:45] | Hi-ho, everyone! | 嗨哟 大家好 |
[15:48] | What are you all doing inside | 你们怎么都待在这儿 |
[15:50] | on such a beautiful, clear autumn day? | 外面可是一片秋高气爽啊 |
[15:51] | Niles, you seem awfully chipper this morning. | Niles 你看起来格外精神抖擞啊 |
[15:53] | Well, I woke up this morning and I had a realization. | 我早晨起来之后意识到 |
[15:55] | Like it or not, my life is changing. | 不管喜欢与否 我的生活已经变了 |
[15:57] | I’m single now, | 我恢复了单身 |
[15:58] | so I went out and rented a bachelor pad. | 于是我去租了一套单身公寓 |
[16:00] | Ooh, is that coffee? | 哇 那是咖啡吗 |
[16:01] | Don’t you think that’s jumping the gun a little bit? | 你不觉得考虑得太远了吗 |
[16:04] | Oh no, Dad. | 不会啊 爸 |
[16:04] | Maris, uh, ordered me to get my stuff out of there by sundown, | Maris让我天黑前把东西都搬走 |
[16:08] | or else she’d turn it over to a church bazaar. | 不然她就拿去教会义卖了 |
[16:11] | Oh, oh, and I got these jeans! | 我还买了几条牛仔裤 |
[16:17] | Right? Right? | 怎么样 |
[16:18] | And I’m starting a goatee, | 我还打算留山羊胡 |
[16:19] | and I’m thinking of joining a gym, | 考虑去健身房 |
[16:20] | but I don’t know whether aerobics or | 但是我不知道是有氧健身还是 |
[16:21] | weight training is the quickest route to “Buff!” | 体重训练能更快变成肌肉男 |
[16:23] | Any thoughts? | 有什么建议吗 |
[16:32] | One thought: seek help! | 一个建议 去寻求帮助吧 |
[16:36] | Niles, you’ve just been through a very traumatic experience here | Niles 你正处在非常痛苦的阶段 |
[16:38] | and you are deep in denial here. | 但内心深处还在拒绝接受现实 |
[16:40] | You are going through some very extreme emotions right now, | 你会经历一些极端情绪 |
[16:42] | rather than feeling them, | 而你没有去感受 |
[16:42] | you’re denying they even exist. | 只是一味地否认 |
[16:44] | I’m not denying my feelings. | 我没有否认我的感受 |
[16:45] | I’m so in tune with my emotions | 我能很好地协调情绪 |
[16:47] | that I was able to move through them quickly. | 我能很快地走出来 |
[16:48] | In fact, I’ve logged them all in my journal. | 事实上 我把这些都记在日记里了 |
[16:51] | Let’s see, where are we? | 我看看 在哪呢 |
[16:53] | Here…Awake, 5 AM: | 在这 五点醒来 |
[16:55] | Blissful confusion. | 幸福的迷惑 |
[16:57] | Something’s happened, but what? | 有事发生 但是是什么呢 |
[17:01] | 5:01: | 五点零一 |
[17:02] | Ah, yes. An overwhelming sense of emptiness and despair. | 对的 巨大的空虚绝望感 |
[17:05] | 5:07: … | 五点零七 |
[17:06] | this one’s hard to read… | 这句有点不好认 |
[17:08] | oh, right! Wept uncontrollably. | 对了 无法控制的哭泣 |
[17:11] | 6:15: | 六点十五 |
[17:12] | All cried out. Hungry now. | 哭完了 很饿 |
[17:13] | Ate entire box of Frosted Flakes, | 吃了一整盒家乐氏麦片 |
[17:15] | they’re gr-r-r-reat! | 太太太好吃了 |
[17:21] | So don’t you tell me I’m not in touch with my emotions! | 所以不要说我不了解自己的感受 |
[17:27] | 9:45: | 九点四十五 |
[17:28] | Get out the butterfly net. | 把蝴蝶网拿出来吧 |
[17:34] | It’s not easy for me to say goodbye, | 说再见真的很难 |
[17:36] | especially after so many years all what we’ve shared, | 尤其是我们一起生活了这么多年 |
[17:38] | all that we’ve meant to one another. | 我们对彼此的意义重大 |
[17:40] | Jean Pierre Marie Bernard Jean-Pierre, Marie, Bernard, | |
[17:42] | thank you for your years of devoted service. | 谢谢你们多年来的辛勤服务 |
[17:45] | As a personal favor, | 我个人有个请求 |
[17:46] | please look after Mrs. Crane. | 请照顾好Crane夫人 |
[17:48] | It’ll be just you and her from now on. | 现在开始 就只有你们和她了 |
[17:53] | Uh, the staff, they have a question: | 大家有个问题 |
[17:55] | Can we come with you? | 我们能跟你一起走吗 |
[18:00] | Marta, I’m afraid this is a road I must walk alone. | Marta 这条路我还是自己走比较好 |
[18:06] | Must be very painful, isn’t it? | 肯定挺痛苦的 是不是 |
[18:08] | Painful doesn’t begin to describe it. | 痛苦已经不能形容了 |
[18:10] | But they’re strong, | 但他们很坚强 |
[18:11] | they’ll get over it. | 肯定能克服这个难关 |
[18:12] | Oh, oh, oh, watch that, | 小心点 |
[18:13] | be careful with those! | 当心啊 |
[18:14] | Look at him, Dad. | 看看他 爸 |
[18:15] | My God, he’s locked in denial! | 天呐 他一直在否认 |
[18:17] | Oh, for God’s sake. | 看在上帝的份上 |
[18:18] | First you get him to move out, | 一开始 是你让他搬出去 |
[18:19] | then when he does he’s not upset enough for you. | 现在他没你想的那么沮丧 |
[18:21] | There’s no pleasing you! | 你又不高兴了 |
[18:22] | Well, what would please me would be | 能让我高兴的就是 |
[18:23] | to see him actually experience some real emotion! | 看到他体会到真实感受 |
[18:26] | My God, he’s walking through this thing like a zombie! | 天呐 他现在就是行尸走肉 |
[18:28] | Well, that’s everything. Shall we? | 都搞定了 走吗 |
[18:30] | You know, there’s no hurry, Niles. | 其实不用着急 Niles |
[18:32] | Well, actually there is. | 挺着急的 |
[18:33] | I have aerobics at five, | 我五点要去健身 |
[18:33] | and then i’m meeting with my decorator at six-thirty. | 六点半的时候见我的装修顾问 |
[18:36] | Off we go! | 快走吧 |
[18:39] | Oh, have I got my wallet? | 我带钱包了吗 |
[18:42] | Yes. | 带了 |
[18:44] | Have I got my checkbook? | 我的支票簿呢 |
[18:46] | Yes. | 也带了 |
[18:48] | Have I lost my MIND?! | 我疯了吗 |
[18:49] | I can’t leave! | 我不能走 |
[18:50] | This is my home! | 这是我家 |
[18:51] | You’re not taking me! | 你们不能把我带走 |
[18:52] | Niles, Niles, open the door! | Niles 开门 |
[18:54] | Nope, nope, bye-bye! | 不 不 拜拜 |
[18:55] | Thanks for coming, | 谢谢光临 |
[18:55] | I’ll tell Maris you sent your best! | 我会向Maris转达你们的问候 |
[18:57] | Now, Niles, calm down. | Niles 冷静点 |
[19:00] | No, no, don’t calm down! Let it out! | 不 不要冷静 发泄出来 |
[19:01] | This is very healing! | 这对健康有好处 |
[19:02] | Don’t you ever let up? | 你没经历过这种情绪起伏吗 |
[19:04] | Look, everything’s gonna be fine. | 听我说 都会好起来的 |
[19:05] | No, it isn’t. | 不 不会的 |
[19:06] | There’s no life for me out there! | 外面没有我要的生活 |
[19:07] | You’re just excited. | 你只是太兴奋了 |
[19:08] | I don’t want to be a bachelor. | 我不想当单身汉 |
[19:09] | I didn’t like it the first time. | 我一开始就不想 |
[19:11] | Niles, look, just sit down for a second, all right? | Niles 听着 先坐一会儿 好吗 |
[19:13] | Where, Frasier? | 坐在哪 Frasier |
[19:16] | Here, | 这儿吗 |
[19:18] | in the chair that Maris and I picked out on our honeymoon in Vienna? | 我和Maris在维也纳度蜜月时买的椅子 |
[19:23] | Or here, | 还是这儿 |
[19:25] | where I sit Sunday mornings playing Mahler | 我星期日早晨弹奏马勒 |
[19:27] | while Maris dabs at her watercolors? | 而Maris轻轻绘着水彩画的地方 |
[19:31] | Perhaps here, | 要不这儿 |
[19:33] | where we sipped champagne on our last anniversary. | 我们最后一个纪念日喝香槟的地方 |
[19:37] | Guess that really was our last anniversary. | 看来那真是最后一个纪念日了 |
[19:39] | Niles Oh, Niles… | |
[19:41] | Dr. Crane? | Crane医生 |
[19:42] | Yes, Marta? | 怎么了Marta |
[19:43] | Missy Crane give me message for you: | Crane夫人让我告诉你 |
[19:45] | if you say is all your fault, | 如果你承认都是你的错 |
[19:47] | you no have to leave. | 你就不用走了 |
[19:54] | …I can stay? | 我就能留下了 |
[19:55] | She waiting upstairs. | 她在楼上等你 |
[20:01] | Niles, before you make your decision, | Niles 你做决定之前 |
[20:05] | just make sure that you’re remembering things | 你要确定你记忆里的东西 |
[20:06] | the way they really were. | 确实是那样的 |
[20:08] | Yes, you bought that chair on your honeymoon in Vienna. | 没错 你们在度蜜月时买了这把椅子 |
[20:12] | But remember, | 但别忘了 |
[20:12] | you wanted to buy the chair that you saw in Paris. | 你其实想买在巴黎看中的那一把 |
[20:15] | Yes, you sit at the piano every Sunday morning | 是的 你每个周日早晨都坐在这里 |
[20:17] | and play Mahler for Maris. | 为Maris弹奏马勒 |
[20:18] | But you hate Mahler! | 但是你讨厌马勒 |
[20:21] | Besides Maris, who doesn’t?! | 除了Maris 谁不讨厌他 |
[20:24] | Look, just give him a little air here | 听着 让他先喘口气 |
[20:25] | Look, all I’m saying is | 听着 我想说的是 |
[20:27] | that along with the good things in your marriage, there were problems | 跟婚姻里的美好并存的 也有矛盾 |
[20:30] | things you said you couldn’t live with anymore. | 你曾经忍受不了的问题 |
[20:33] | Now if you want those to change, | 现在如果你想要改变 |
[20:34] | you have got to stand up to her. | 就必须要反抗她 |
[20:35] | If you back down now, | 如果你又妥协了 |
[20:36] | you will go through the rest of your life feeling weak and small | 你下半辈子就会直不起腰 |
[20:40] | because you never had the courage to say: | 因为你从来没有勇气说 |
[20:41] | I will not let you treat me like this, Lilith! | 我不会让你再这么对我 Lilith |
[20:45] | Maris Maris! | |
[20:55] | Well, I’ve lost all credibility here. | 我彻底没有可信度了 |
[20:57] | Dad, would you please say something? | 老爸 说点什么啊 |
[21:00] | I told you I’m not telling him what to do. | 我说过我不会左右他的想法 |
[21:03] | I wouldn’t mind knowing what you think. | 我想知道你怎么想的 |
[21:05] | It doesn’t matter what I think. | 我怎么想不重要 |
[21:06] | What matters is what you think. | 重要的是你怎么想 |
[21:08] | Now if you want to walk up those stairs, we’ll support you. | 如果你想上楼去 我们支持你 |
[21:10] | If you want to go out that door, we’ll support you there, too. | 如果你想走出那扇门 我们也支持你 |
[21:22] | What are you, nuts?! | 你是疯子吗 |
[21:25] | You’re gonna go up there and grovel to that woman | 在她这么对你之后 |
[21:27] | after what she did to you?! | 你还要上楼去卑躬屈膝吗 |
[21:30] | Actually, I was just going to get my car keys. | 其实 我只是想拿车钥匙而已 |
[21:34] | But thanks for the impartial advice, Dad. | 但是谢谢你中立的建议 老爸 |