时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | – Ah, Niles. – Hello. | – Niles – 你好啊 |
[00:11] | Is it just me, or are the sidewalk Santa’s getting pushy? | 是我多心了 还是路边的圣诞老人确实有点焦躁 |
[00:15] | Well, tomorrow is Christmas. | 明天就是圣诞节了 |
[00:17] | I suppose they might be anticipating a certain downturn after that. | 他们也知道圣诞一过就是淡季了 |
[00:21] | Cappuccino, please. | 一杯卡布奇诺 谢谢 |
[00:24] | So? When does Frederick arrive? | Frederick几点到啊 |
[00:27] | In six hours and twenty-one minutes. | 还有六小时二十一分钟 |
[00:29] | Not that I’m the least bit excited. | 我激动死了 |
[00:30] | Yes, I’m sure he’s excited too. | 是啊 他肯定也很激动 |
[00:32] | First Christmas at daddy’s. | 第一次在爸爸这儿过圣诞 |
[00:34] | I imagine he has visions of sugarplums dancing through his head. | 我猜他现在满脑子都是糖果跳来跳去的景象 |
[00:36] | No, Lilith doesn’t allow sweets, | 不 Lilith不让他吃甜的 |
[00:38] | he’s probably got visions of bran. | 他脑海里估计只会有麦麸 |
[00:42] | Well, I’ve got my own reasons to celebrate. | 我也有要庆祝的事情 |
[00:45] | Maris and I may be together again, by the new year. | 我和Maris今年过年的时候就有和好的可能喔 |
[00:48] | – Oh, really Niles? – Yep, yeah. | – 真的吗 Niles – 真的 |
[00:49] | I called this morning to | 我今天早上给她打电话 |
[00:50] | arrange the delivery of her Christmas gift, | 商量该送什么圣诞礼物 |
[00:52] | and she said the only gift | 然后她说她不要别的 |
[00:54] | she’d accept from me was an abject apology. | 只要我低三下四跟她道个歉 |
[00:57] | Going to cave into her, aren’t you? | 你准备向她屈服了 是吧 |
[00:59] | Au contraire. I told her I was not about to apologise, | 恰恰相反 我跟她说我是不会道歉的 |
[01:02] | and from that point on, | 我一说完这话 |
[01:04] | the respect in her voice came through loud and clear. | 她声音中的那股敬意不能更清晰明确了 |
[01:07] | No small feat, considering she was speaking at the time | 这可不容易哦 毕竟她当时 |
[01:10] | through the hole in her massage table. | 是透过按摩床的床洞跟我说话的 |
[01:14] | Oh, hi Roz. | 嗨 Roz |
[01:14] | Hey. Double espresso, please. | 嘿 一杯双份浓缩咖啡 谢谢 |
[01:17] | This last-minute Christmas shopping is killing me. | 火烧眉毛了才去买圣诞节礼物实在太可怕了 |
[01:20] | I never know what to give the men in my life. | 从来都搞不懂我生命中的男人们要什么 |
[01:22] | Since when? | 真不知道吗 |
[01:26] | Ha, ha. Funny man. | 哈哈 你好幽默喔 |
[01:28] | Excuse me, I’ll take care of this. | 你好 我来买单 |
[01:30] | Oh, thank you Niles. | 谢了 Niles |
[01:31] | So, what’s new, Niles? | 有啥新鲜事嘛 Niles |
[01:34] | I have been keeping it under wraps but, | 有件事我一直没公开 |
[01:37] | Maris and I have separated. | 我和Maris分居了 |
[01:39] | Oh, my God! I had no idea. I can’t believe no-one told me. | 天呐 我完全不知道诶 竟然都没人跟我说过 |
[01:44] | – This is such a surprise! – That’s enough, Talulah. | – 太惊讶了 – 别装了 八卦女王 |
[01:49] | You’re not fooling anyone. | 我们都心知肚明 |
[01:52] | I’m sorry, sir, your card didn’t clear. | 抱歉 先生 您的卡不能用 |
[01:54] | I have to do this. | 我只能这样处理了 |
[01:55] | But, wait, wait! What are you doing? | 但是 等等 等等 你这是干嘛 |
[01:59] | The computer said “Credit cancelled by order of co-signatory.” | 电脑说”信用卡被共同签署人注销” |
[02:04] | Maris has cancelled your credit card. | Maris把你的信用卡注销了 |
[02:06] | Whoa, Merry Christmas! | 哇哦 圣诞快乐喔 |
[02:09] | Would you care to use a different one? | 能不能请您换一张信用卡 |
[02:11] | There’s no point, they’re all in her name. | 没用 都是和她一起签署的 |
[02:14] | I’m calling her right now and | 我现在就打电话给她 |
[02:15] | demanding the restoration of my credit card. | 要求她恢复我的信用卡 |
[02:17] | And my bank accounts. | 和我的银行账户 |
[02:19] | And my phone service! | 还有我的手机套餐 |
[02:25] | Doc, I’m at the airport, and I’m having a lot of trouble getting on the plane | 医生 我现在在机场 但是我不想上飞机 |
[02:29] | Now Bob, statistics prove that we’re safer in the air than on the ground. | Bob 数据显示飞机是最安全的交通方式 |
[02:33] | No. That-that’s not it. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[02:35] | I’m supposed to be flying home to Newark for Christmas, | 我本来应该飞回纽华克过圣诞节 |
[02:37] | but the next gate over has a flight to Maui. | 但是我旁边的通道是一架去夏威夷的飞机 |
[02:40] | I’m telling you, it’s calling me, Doc. | 说真的 它在召唤我啊 医生 |
[02:44] | Why are you hesitant to go home? | 为什么你不想回家呢 |
[02:47] | Because it’s the same thing every year. | 因为每年都是一成不变的 |
[02:49] | I travel three thousand miles to | 为了和我的家人共享圣诞晚餐 |
[02:51] | sit down at the dinner table with my family, | 我可是要飞越三千多英里的距离 |
[02:53] | and what do we talk about? | 结果我们都聊些什么呢 |
[02:54] | What’s going on in our lives? No. | 我们最近过得怎么样 不 |
[02:56] | Our hopes and dreams? No. | 我们的希冀和梦想 不 |
[02:58] | We talk about the turkey. | 我们只会聊火鸡 |
[03:00] | “Boy, that’s quite a bird.” “Twenty-four pounder.” | “天呐 这只火鸡老大了” “有24磅重呐” |
[03:04] | “What time did you have to get up to put that in the oven, Ange?” | “你几点就得起来把火鸡送到烤箱里去啊 Ange” |
[03:07] | “Oh boy, that’s moist. | “天呐 好滑嫩 |
[03:08] | You must have been basting that bird all day.” | 你一定一整天都在给火鸡抹油吧” |
[03:12] | “Are those walnuts in the stuffing?” | “填料里是不是有胡桃” |
[03:14] | “Oh god, I forgot to put the rolls in the oven.” | “天呐 我忘了把面包放到烤箱里去了” |
[03:18] | I guess what I’m trying to say, | 我想说的是 |
[03:20] | Bob, is that we’re all in the same gravy boat. | Bob 其实我们都是一条船上的蚂蚱 |
[03:24] | But you see, the important thing | 但重要的是 |
[03:25] | is that we spend time with our loved ones. | 能和我们所爱的人共度时光 |
[03:29] | Just think how you’d feel if you woke up tomorrow morning | 想象一下你明天早上起来 发现自己独自一人 |
[03:31] | six thousand miles away from your home. | 离家十万八千里 你会怎样的感伤 |
[03:34] | Well, I tell ya, that really puts it in perspective, doc. | 听你这么一说我就想通了 医生 |
[03:38] | I got a plane to catch. | 我要去赶飞机了 |
[03:39] | Mele Keleke Maka Bob Mele Keleke Maka, Bob. | |
[03:44] | We’ll be right back after these messages. | 广告之后 马上回来 |
[03:49] | Oh, Roz. What did they say, what did they say? | Roz 他们怎么说 他们怎么说 |
[03:50] | Oh, relax. Frederick’s flight is still on time, | 放松点 Frederick的航班准时起飞了 |
[03:52] | he’ll be here in less than three hours. | 他三个小时之内就能到这儿了 |
[03:54] | Oh, and the florist called, | 对了 花店的人打过电话来了 |
[03:55] | you can pick up your wreath on the way home. | 你回家的时候可以顺便去拿圣诞花环 |
[03:57] | Oh, fabulous. You know, every year | 太好了 我爸每年都会 |
[03:58] | Dad puts that kitschy creature | 在门上挂那个招摇玩意儿 |
[04:00] | with the red lightbulb nose on the door. | 鼻子上还要挂一个红色大灯泡 |
[04:03] | Hey, great party. | 嘿 派对不错嘛 |
[04:05] | Best one ever, thanks to me. I hired a stripper! | 最棒的一次了 多亏了我 我请了一个脱衣女郎 |
[04:08] | Doc, you will never guess what her name is | 医生 你绝对猜不到她叫什么名字 |
[04:12] | Candy Kane Candy Kane. | |
[04:15] | What are the odds? | 好巧啊 |
[04:19] | For those of you who have not | 如果还有人 |
[04:21] | yet sampled the punch, here is my capsule review: | 没尝过这潘趣酒 我的简评如下 |
[04:25] | vile bouquet, unwholesome colour, | 酒香恶俗 酒色不纯 |
[04:28] | ghastly taste – and a kick that is simply heaven. | 酒味低劣 但这后劲儿真是爽啊 |
[04:34] | OK, 30 seconds, Frasier, Out! | 好了 Frasier 还有三十秒 出去 |
[04:35] | – All right people, out, out, please. – Come on. | – 好吧 各位 出去 都出去 拜托 – 快点 |
[04:37] | Hey, Roz. You know what’s over my head? | 嘿 Roz 知道我头上这是什么吗 |
[04:39] | Almost any clever remark? | 招人讽刺的东西 |
[04:43] | What’s she mean by that? | 她这话什么意思 |
[04:48] | Oh, listen Roz. | 听我说 Roz |
[04:49] | I know you’ve got a plane to catch | 我知道你要去赶飞机 |
[04:50] | and the traffic to the airport is probably very bad, | 现在去机场的路肯定很堵 |
[04:52] | so in the spirit of the Christmas season, | 所以秉持着圣诞精神 |
[04:55] | why don’t you just take off early, hmm? | 你今天还是早点走吧 |
[04:57] | You’re going to read one of your | 你这是又要读 |
[04:58] | inspirational Christmas fables again, aren’t you? | 自己写的启示性圣诞寓言故事了 是吧 |
[05:00] | Yes, I am. Be a lot easier without you | 正是 要是你不坐在那儿作呕吐状 |
[05:03] | sitting over there sticking your finger in your throat. | 我这儿就会自在很多 |
[05:04] | Right. Merry Christmas. | 好吧 圣诞快乐 |
[05:06] | Merry Christmas, Roz. | 圣诞快乐 Roz |
[05:08] | Say “Hi” To Frederick. | 代我跟Frederick问声好 |
[05:08] | – Yes, and say “Hi” to your mom for me. – Will do. | – 好 也代我向你妈妈问好 – 放心 |
[05:12] | Hi, we’re back. As most of my faithful listeners know, | 嗨 节目继续 我的忠实听众一定知道 |
[05:16] | every year I compose a parable that I | 每年我都会编写一个寓言故事 |
[05:18] | hope will illuminate the spirit of the Christmas season. | 希望能阐明圣诞精神 |
[05:28] | So without any further ado, I give you | 话不多说 今年 |
[05:32] | “The Story of Olaf, the lonely little goatherd.” | 我给大家带来的是”寂寞的小牧童奥宝的故事” |
[05:42] | “Once upon a time, long ago, there lived a lonely little goatherd. | “很久很久以前 有一个寂寞的小牧童 |
[05:48] | He had no family, and no playthings, so to amuse himself, | 他没有家人 也没有玩具 为了排解寂寞 |
[05:52] | one day he carved a little wooden flute.” | 有一天 他雕了一根木笛” |
[05:57] | “A flute which he used to play during the long, lonely evenings. | “每个漫长而寂寞的夜晚 他都会吹起这根木笛 |
[06:02] | And the tune it made was very lovely, and all the | 笛声非常优美动听 |
[06:04] | people in the village below could hear the pure, glorious sound…” | 住在山下的村民们都能听到这纯净优美的声音” |
[06:08] | This is all very amusing, | 虽然干得不错 |
[06:09] | but nothing you can do is going to distract me! | 但是你们休想干扰到我 |
[06:17] | “One day, the son of a wealthy merchant heard the music, | “有一天 一个有钱商人的儿子听到了笛声 |
[06:21] | and while that boy had all the toys in the world, | 虽然他什么都不缺 |
[06:24] | he was jealous of this little goatherd’s flute.” | 但还是为这小牧童的木笛而妒火中烧” |
[06:27] | “So one dark- night, one dark- -windy night…” | “所以在一个漆黑的夜晚 漆黑又狂风大作的夜晚” |
[06:33] | “The merchant’s son stole his precious instrument, | “商人的儿子偷走了小牧童心爱的乐器 |
[06:37] | but when he took that flute home, | 但等他把木笛偷回家后 |
[06:39] | he couldn’t make it play. | 却发现他根本吹不出声 |
[06:40] | So he smashed the flute to bits.” | 于是就把木笛砸了个粉碎” |
[06:43] | “When the little goatherd came down the mountain | “第二天 小牧童从山上下来 |
[06:45] | the next morning, and saw his flute was broken…” | 看到自己的木笛摔坏了” |
[06:49] | Yikes! | 妈呀 |
[06:53] | “He might have said that…” | “他可能是这么说的” |
[06:53] | “But instead he forgave the merchant’s son. | “但他还是选择原谅了商人的儿子 |
[06:57] | And the wealthy merchant adopted the little goatherd, and…” | 而富商收养了这个小牧童 |
[07:01] | Oh, mama! ?” | 喔 妈妈” |
[07:05] | he said, upon meeting the merchant’s wife… | 见到商人妻子后 他这么叫道 |
[07:08] | “And somewhere along the way, he learned the true meaning of Christmas.” | “自此以后 他懂得了圣诞节的真正意义” |
[07:13] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[07:16] | wishing you a truly blessed and forgiving holiday. | 祝大家抱着宽容的心度过一个美好的节日 |
[07:20] | There now, you see? Nice try. | 看到没 也算你们费尽心机了 |
[07:23] | Miss Kane’s delightful performance aside, | Kane小姐的表演虽然很精彩 |
[07:25] | this just proves the power of my message cannot be stayed. | 但这只能证明没人能停下我广播的脚步 |
[07:30] | Oh for God’s sakes, what am I, a robot? | 看在上帝的份上 我是什么 机器人吗 |
[07:38] | And to all a good night. | 晚安啦 各位 |
[07:51] | Oh, hi, Dad. Ah, | 嗨 老爸 呃 |
[07:56] | I, I’m going to put this, this wreath up here. | 我要把这个 这个花环放在这里 |
[08:00] | What’s the matter with Rudolph? | 鲁道夫有什么不好的啊 |
[08:01] | Well Dad, you know, I just think that | 老爸 我只是觉得 |
[08:02] | Christmas decorations should be understated and tasteful. | 圣诞装饰应该要朴素而且有品位 |
[08:06] | Boy, I can’t even have one thing that I want. | 天呐 我就不能有一件我想要的东西吗 |
[08:09] | Dad, I’m sorry, but if I gave you one thing, | 老爸 对不起 这头儿我不能开 |
[08:12] | God knows where it might lead. | 一开可就收不住了 |
[08:27] | Oh, God… my childhood Christmases all over again. | 天呐 简直是童年圣诞节的重现啊 |
[08:32] | Only now Mom isn’t here to say, | 只不过这次妈妈不会在旁边说 |
[08:33] | “Shut up, you’ll hurt his feelings.” | “闭嘴 你会伤到他的心的” |
[08:36] | Oh, don’t be such a Grinch. | 别扫兴了好嘛 |
[08:40] | Ho, Ho, Ho! | 吼 吼 吼 |
[08:43] | It works when you step on the mat. Ho, Ho, Ho! | 只要你踩到地毯他就会叫 吼 吼 吼 |
[08:46] | It can say “Ho, Ho, Ho”, “Merry Christmas”, or “Happy Holidays.” | 他会说”吼吼吼” “圣诞节快乐”和”节日快乐” |
[08:49] | Yeah, well I hope it can say “Geronimo” | 是吗 我希望他还会说”救命啊” |
[08:51] | Because I’m going to throw him off the balcony! | 因为我要把他从阳台上扔下去 |
[08:54] | Well, I don’t care what you think, | 我才不管你怎么想 |
[08:55] | it’s not for you, it’s for Frederick. | 又不是为了你弄的 都是为了Frederick |
[08:57] | God, I suppose you’re right, | 天呐 你说得对 |
[08:58] | Dad. I used to love this stuff when I was six. | 老爸 我六岁的时候也很爱这些东西的 |
[09:02] | By the time I was seven I started to have questions. | 但等我到了七岁 心中开始有了疑问 |
[09:05] | When I was eight I started | 等到了八岁 |
[09:06] | spending a lot more time at the Bernsteins. | 就把大部分时间都献给了伯恩斯坦 |
[09:13] | Well, I’m off to Joe’s parents’ house. | 我要去Joe的爸妈家了 |
[09:16] | I see you’ve been busy in the kitchen. | 我看你一直在厨房忙活 |
[09:17] | Yes. I’m bringing Grammy Moon’s famous plum duff. | 是啊 我要带我奶奶最拿手的葡萄干布丁去 |
[09:21] | It’s a still flour pudding boiled in a cloth bag. | 其实就是麦粉布丁 放在袋子里烧一下 |
[09:25] | Who gets to lick the bag? | 那个袋子归谁舔 |
[09:28] | No. You see, Grammy Moon had a secret ingredient. | 不是啦 我奶奶有秘制配方的 |
[09:31] | She’d soak it for hours in rum, | 把布丁放在朗姆酒里 放上几个小时 |
[09:33] | then ignite it in a blinding flash. | 然后在耀眼的火光中点燃它 |
[09:36] | As soon as she came out of the kitchen | 只要她从厨房出来的时候 |
[09:37] | with no eyebrows, we knew dessert was ready | 眉毛都没了 我们就知道甜点做好了 |
[09:41] | You know, to this day the smell | 直到今天 毛发燃烧的气味 |
[09:42] | of burning hair puts me in the holiday spirit. | 都会带给我节日的感觉 |
[09:47] | – Bye, Merry Christmas. – Merry Christmas. | – 再见啦 圣诞快乐 – 圣诞快乐 |
[09:51] | You know, someone’s got to go back down to the storeroom, | 还是得找人去一次储物室 |
[09:53] | there’s still something missing. | 总觉得缺点什么 |
[09:55] | You must be kidding, Dad. My God, | 开玩笑吧 老爸 天呐 |
[09:56] | this place couldn’t look any more ludicrous. | 这地方还能更可笑吗 |
[10:08] | Once I saw how those white hairs on his chin | 他下巴上那撮白毛 |
[10:10] | looked like a beard, the rest of the idea just fell into place. | 看着就像胡子一样 我一看就灵感大发了 |
[10:17] | Niles. Hello, Frasier… | Niles 你好啊 Frasier |
[10:23] | I know, I know “Shut up, we’ll hurt his feelings.” | 我知道 我知道 “闭嘴 别伤了他的心” |
[10:28] | So, Niles, did you have a discussion with Maris? | Niles 你和Maris聊过了吗 |
[10:31] | No, but, I had an epiphany. | 不 但是 我想通了 |
[10:34] | I realised, cutting off my funds | 我刚反应过来 切断我的经济来源 |
[10:36] | is Maris’s way of saying, “I love you!” | 就是Maris说”我爱你”的方式 |
[10:39] | She always uses money to get what she wants; | 她总是用钱达到自己的目的 |
[10:42] | ergo, this is proof she wants me back! What do you think? | 因此 这是她希望我回头的证据 你觉得呢 |
[10:46] | Ho, Ho, Ho! | 吼 吼 吼 |
[10:51] | I think Santa’s said it all for us. | 我觉得圣诞老人充分表达了我此时的心情 |
[11:03] | Dad, you have to get out more. | 老爸 你要多出去走走 |
[11:08] | You’ve started doing old lady things. | 这种事都是老太太做的 |
[11:12] | It’s for Frederick! | 这是为了Frederick |
[11:13] | Oh, of course it is. | 呵呵 你说是就是吧 |
[11:16] | Oh, that reminds me, I don’t want to impose, | 这倒提醒我了 提个建议哈 |
[11:18] | but may I ride with you to the airport to pick up Frederick? | 可以让我和你一起去机场接Frederick吗 |
[11:20] | Of course you may, Niles. | 当然可以 Niles |
[11:21] | Just have to wrap up his presents first. | 不过我要先把他的礼物包好 |
[11:24] | So what did you get Freddie? | 你给Freddie准备了什么 |
[11:25] | Well actually dad, I ordered him the toy catalogue, | 我从玩具目录里的特别栏目 |
[11:28] | from the special section called “Gifts for the Gifted.” | “为天才儿童准备的礼物”里给他选的 |
[11:31] | I got him the junior astronomy set, and the geology lab | 我买了初级天文学套装 还有地质学玩具实验室 |
[11:35] | oh, and oh god, and a fabulous thing called the “Living Brain.” | 对了 还有一个特别棒的玩具叫做”鲜活的大脑” |
[11:38] | You get to paint each lobe a different colour, | 就是把不同的脑叶涂上不同的颜色 |
[11:40] | then you stuff it inside the Living Skull. | 然后把它塞到活灵活现的头骨里 |
[11:43] | Hey, you know what kids really like? | 你知道小孩喜欢什么吗 |
[11:45] | They’ve been advertising it like crazy on TV. It’s great. | 电视上的广告都做疯了 很不错的 |
[11:48] | The Outlaw Laser Robo Geek. | 激光亡命机器怪人 |
[11:52] | Its head lights up and it shoots death rays out of its eyes. | 他的脑袋会发光 眼睛还会发射死亡射线呢 |
[11:57] | Yeah. A little like that. | 没错 有点像这样 |
[12:02] | Listen Dad, I think I know what Frederick likes. | 老爸 我知道Frederick喜欢什么 |
[12:04] | He’s precocious, he needs to be challenged. | 他比一般小孩聪明 要多考验他 |
[12:05] | Oh, challenge him the other 364 days. | 一年有364天可以让你考验他 |
[12:08] | One day out of the year, indulge him. Let him be a kid. | 就纵容他这么一天 让他做个孩子吧 |
[12:12] | Dad, I’m sorry, if Frederick’s anything like me, | 老爸 对不起 如果Frederick有一点像我的话 |
[12:13] | the kind of toys he’ll like to play with are… | 他喜欢的玩具只会是 |
[12:17] | A kitchen set, a dollhouse and three kinds of barbies! | 儿童厨具套装 玩偶之家 还有三种不同的芭比娃娃 |
[12:22] | This is for a Franklin Crane from Kennebunkport | 这是给住在肯纳邦克港的Franklin Crane的 |
[12:24] | Oh, God, you realise what this means?! | 天呐 你们知道这意味着什么吗 |
[12:27] | Yes. The Cranes of Maine have got your “Living Brain.” | 知道 缅因州的Crane收到了你”鲜活的大脑” |
[12:38] | No. | 不 |
[12:40] | It means I don’t have anything for Freddie. | 这意味着我没有礼物给Freddie了 |
[12:42] | God, I wanted everything to be so perfect. | 天呐 我希望一切都可以很完美 |
[12:44] | Now he’s going to have a horrible Christmas. | 现在他只能过一个糟糕的圣诞节 |
[12:46] | Listen, it’s OK. There’s a big toy store in the mall. | 没关系的 商场里面有个大玩具店 |
[12:49] | They’re open late tonight. Just don’t worry about it. | 他们今天会开到很晚 别担心 |
[12:51] | Well, that’s easy for you to say, Dad. | 你说得轻巧 老爸 |
[12:52] | My God, it’s Christmas Eve, | 天呐 今天是圣诞夜 |
[12:54] | the gifts I ordered are three thousand miles away, | 我的礼物在三千英里以外的地方 |
[12:56] | my son is due in an hour, | 我儿子还有一个小时就到了 |
[12:57] | and on top of it all I have to go to a mall! | 最糟糕的是 我不得不去一次商场 |
[12:59] | Ho, Ho, Ho! | 吼 吼 吼 |
[13:01] | Oh, don’t look at me, he said it. | 别看我 是他说的 |
[13:13] | Niles, customers are marauding | Niles 顾客们都跟野狗一样 |
[13:14] | through here like a pack of feral dogs. | 在这边哄抢作一团 |
[13:16] | Did you see that woman? | 你看刚才那个女人 |
[13:17] | She practically knocked me over on her way to the escalator. | 在去自动扶梯的路上 差点把我打翻在地啊 |
[13:19] | Well, how about that woman near the cosmetics counter | 还有那个在化妆品柜台旁边的女人 |
[13:21] | who tried to mace me? | 竟然想喷晕我 |
[13:23] | That was a cologne sample, Niles. That’s what they do. | 那是香水小样 Niles 那是柜员的工作 |
[13:28] | Now listen, we’ve got five minutes. | 听我说 我们还有五分钟 |
[13:29] | We’ve got to find a sales clerk. | 得找个店员来 |
[13:31] | Oh well, good luck. | 这事得靠你人品爆发了 |
[13:32] | All right, we’d better find something ourselves, I guess. | 看来我们只能靠自己了 |
[13:34] | Well hey, hey. This looks amusing. | 嘿 这个好像挺带劲的 |
[13:37] | Niles, may I remind you we’re looking for something educational? | Niles 提醒你一下 我们要找的是益智类玩具 |
[13:41] | Oh, oh, oh, oh, it has buttons. | 喔 喔 喔 喔 有按钮的 |
[13:44] | What’s it doing? | 它在干嘛 |
[13:46] | It’s flashing. | 在闪 |
[13:47] | Niles, please remember that Freddie | Niles 你别忘了Freddie |
[13:49] | tested in the highest percentile for cognitive skills and deductive reasoning. | 在认知技能和理论推理测试中可是名列前茅的啊 |
[13:52] | What’s it doing now? | 它现在在干嘛 |
[13:55] | It’s beeping, for God’s sake! And as much as I’d like | 在BB 天呐 虽然我很想把这玩意儿放在Lilith头上 |
[13:58] | to inflict this on Lilith, I’m looking for fast and educational, all right? | 但现在要赶紧给我找益智玩具 懂了吗 |
[14:07] | I wonder what else it does? | 好想知道它还能干嘛 |
[14:08] | Let’s see if it protects your head! | 让我试试看它能不能保护你的脑袋 |
[14:16] | Ooh, here’s something we’d like. | 哦 这个好像不错 |
[14:19] | Look at this, look at this. | 你来看 你来看 |
[14:21] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[14:21] | It’s called “Ecto Goo.” | 这个叫”强胶” |
[14:24] | Oh well, that sounds vaguely scientific | 听上去是有那么点科学意义 |
[14:25] | but what could he possibly learn from that? | 但能从这东西上面学到些什么啊 |
[14:28] | Well, for starters, he can learn | 他至少可以学到 |
[14:29] | never to wear Armani to a toy store. | 去玩具店千万不能穿阿玛尼 |
[14:32] | Let’s see, I’ll just have to remember | 我还是回忆一下之前从玩具目录里 |
[14:33] | what I ordered from the catalogue and look for that. | 预定的东西 找找看这里有没有 |
[14:35] | First, the “Living Brain.” | 首先 “鲜活的大脑” |
[14:37] | Living Brain? What kind of dork wants that? | 鲜活的大脑 啥样的书呆子才会喜欢那个 |
[14:42] | With any luck, the kind of | 运气好的话 |
[14:43] | dork who’ll be operating on your prostate someday. | 以后你的前列腺手术就靠这种书呆子了 |
[14:51] | Frasier Frasier Frasier Frasier, Frasier, Frasier. | |
[14:53] | Look, look, look, there it is. It’s up on the shelf. | 看 看 看 在那儿 在架子上面 |
[14:55] | – It’s up on the shelf. – Oh, marvelous. | – 就在架子上面 – 太好了 |
[14:56] | Oh, Lord. It’s covered with dust. | 天呐 盖了一层灰啊 |
[14:58] | The brain is dusty. Could there be a clearer metaphor? | 脑袋生锈了 这比喻再明显不过了吧 |
[15:03] | Oh, Lord. There’s nothing in it. | 天呐 里面是空的嘛 |
[15:05] | Can I have it? | 能给我吗 |
[15:05] | It’s an empty box, Ma’am. | 这是个空盒子啊 女士 |
[15:06] | I know, but I can put my son’s Robo Geek in it. | 我知道 我想用来装给我儿子的机器怪人 |
[15:09] | You know how scared he’ll be | 要是他以为他的礼物这么书呆子气 |
[15:10] | when he thinks he’s getting something this nerdy? | 准得吓一跳 |
[15:14] | Oh God, this is hopeless. | 天呐 没希望了 |
[15:15] | We’ll never find anything for Frederick. | 找不到给Frederick的礼物了 |
[15:17] | Oh, Frasier. Just give him a cheque. | Frasier 给他张支票吧 |
[15:19] | But Niles, you can’t give a cheque to a child. | Niles 怎么能给小孩支票呢 |
[15:21] | That’s what I’m giving him. | 我就准备给他支票啊 |
[15:23] | It has a stagecoach on it. | 上面还有个小马车呢 |
[15:26] | Niles, Maris cancelled your account. | Niles Maris把你账户注销了 |
[15:29] | Damn! | 靠 |
[15:32] | Oh, look. Look at that man’s bag. “Young Minds.” | 看 看他的袋子 “年轻的大脑” |
[15:35] | Sir, excuse me, is this store in the mall? | 先生 打扰一下 这商场里有这家店吗 |
[15:38] | Yeah. | 有啊 |
[15:39] | And it’s educational toys? | 是卖益智型玩具的吗 |
[15:41] | Mmm-hmm, nothing but. It’s just a couple of doors down. | 嗯 都是 过去几家店就到了 |
[15:43] | Yes! Petunia, there is a Santa Claus. | 太好了 Petunia 真的是有圣诞老人的 |
[15:45] | No, they closed a half hour ago. | 不过 他们半小时前就关门了 |
[15:48] | Damn. Look, this is perfect, | 靠 这礼物该有多完美啊 |
[15:50] | look a chemistry lab, and a picture puzzle and… | 玩具化学实验室 还有一个拼图 |
[15:55] | You know, my son comes in | 我儿子他 |
[15:56] | in half an hour and I’ve absolutely nothing for him. | 还有半个小时就来了 礼物我都还没准备好 |
[15:58] | He’ll be in, in 22 minutes if he picks up a good tailwind. | 如果顺风的话 还有22分钟就能到了 |
[16:01] | You ahh, you really need this stuff bad, don’t you? | 你是 是真的很需要这袋东西 是不是 |
[16:03] | Oh, you have no idea, it would save my life. | 非常非常需要 等于救人一命啊 |
[16:07] | I’ll tell you what. | 这样吧 |
[16:08] | Seeing as how it’s Christmas… | 看在今天是圣诞节的份上 |
[16:10] | Oh, God bless you, sir. | 上帝保佑你啊 先生 |
[16:11] | A thousand bucks. | 一千块 |
[16:15] | What?! A thousand bucks? | 什么 一千块 |
[16:18] | Hey, take it or leave it. | 要不要随便你 |
[16:18] | Well, I mean, there’s just no | 我是想说 这不过是 |
[16:20] | more than a hundred dollars worth of things here. | 不过是一百块钱的东西 |
[16:22] | “Ladies and gentlemen, | “女士们 先生们 |
[16:23] | we’re beginning our descent into Seattle airport.” | 我们即将降落在西雅图机场” |
[16:26] | I’m just trying to do you a favour here. | 我是想帮你一把 |
[16:28] | Well, it’s some favour. | 哼 帮大忙了 |
[16:29] | “Please make sure your tables | “请确保您的 |
[16:30] | and seats are in their full and upright position.” | 小桌板都已收好” |
[16:31] | Shut up, Niles! | 闭嘴 Niles |
[16:33] | All right, all right, lets see what I’ve got here. | 好吧 好吧 让我看看我有多少 |
[16:37] | All right, I’ve got, ahh… Here’s three hundred dollars. | 我有 呃 我这里有三百块 |
[16:40] | Would you-would you accept a personal cheque for the rest? | 剩下的我给你支票 你看行吗 |
[16:43] | Hey, it’s Christmas. | 嘿 今天是圣诞节嘛 |
[16:45] | Oh, bless you, bless you so much. Very well, thank you. | 保佑你 上帝保佑你 太好了 谢谢 |
[16:47] | Niles, give the man a cheque. | Niles 给他支票 |
[16:55] | Where’s Freddie? | Freddie呢 |
[16:56] | Putting on his pajamas. | 在穿睡衣 |
[16:57] | Told me he would come in and say goodnight after he brushes his teeth. | 他说刷完牙会来说晚安的 |
[16:59] | So how’d you do? | 你那边情况如何 |
[17:00] | Well, I didn’t get exactly what I’d ordered, | 我没买到当时预定的那些玩具 |
[17:02] | but I think I did all right. | 但我觉得这些也不错 |
[17:04] | I got him a microscope, a chemistry set, | 买了个显微镜 一个化学套装 |
[17:09] | and a five thousand piece puzzle of the Great Wall of China. | 还有一幅五千块的中国长城的拼图 |
[17:13] | Well, maybe he’ll have fun with the boxes. | 这么多盒子够他玩的了 |
[17:17] | Dad, here you go, this is the last box from the storeroom. | 老爸 这是储藏室里的最后一个箱子了 |
[17:23] | Now, was this what you were looking for? | 这是你要找的吗 |
[17:26] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[17:28] | Santa’s legs for the chimney, you remember these babies? | 套在烟囱上的圣诞老人的腿 还记得这小宝贝吧 |
[17:31] | Oh, yes. Inspired some spectacular | 是啊 让我想起了那年在你床底下发现它们以后 |
[17:34] | Christmas nightmares the year I found them under your bed. | 做过的那些精彩纷呈的噩梦 |
[17:39] | Frasier, isn’t this the | Frasier 这不是你前几年 |
[17:41] | smoking jacket you gave Dad a few years back? | 送给老爸的居家服嘛 |
[17:44] | What? Hey… How did that get in there? | 什么 嘿 它怎么跑那里面去了 |
[17:50] | Dad, these are all of the gifts | 老爸 这里面都是 |
[17:52] | I’ve given you for the last six years. | 我这六年来送给你的礼物啊 |
[17:54] | Hey, c’mon now, shut the- put ’em back. Close the box, will ya? | 嘿 别这样 盖上 都放回去 把盒子盖上可以吗 |
[17:57] | Dad, look at this. My God, | 老爸 看这个 天呐 |
[17:58] | they’re still in the original boxes, never been worn. | 他们都还原封未动啊 你都没戴过 |
[18:00] | Sure they have. | 我当然戴过 |
[18:02] | Oh, yeah. This one still has the tags on it. | 是嘛 这条连标签都没拆呢 |
[18:04] | Look, this isn’t the kind of | 今天是圣诞夜 |
[18:05] | conversation we should be having on Christmas eve. | 我们不该聊这些 |
[18:08] | No, Dad? Well, what was it you wanted to say? | 不该聊这些吗 老爸 那你想聊什么 |
[18:12] | Well, you know Frasier, you’re always giving people | 好吧 Frasier 你送给别人的东西 |
[18:14] | things you think they should like, | 都是你自以为别人会喜欢的 |
[18:17] | instead of things that they really like. | 却不是别人真正喜欢的那些 |
[18:19] | I mean, come on – | 我是说 拜托 |
[18:21] | In your entire life, | 你这一辈子 |
[18:22] | have you ever seen me wear anything like that? | 有见过我穿这种东西么 |
[18:25] | Well, no. I thought you might like a change. | 没有 但我以为你愿意改变一下呢 |
[18:28] | Well, it’s like when you were a kid, remember? | 就好像你小时候 记得吗 |
[18:31] | I wanted you to love baseball. | 我希望你能喜欢棒球 |
[18:33] | I wanted to get you a bat, glove, everything, for Christmas. | 想把球棒 棒球手套什么的当成圣诞礼物送给你 |
[18:36] | But you had your mind set on a microscope, | 但你一心想要显微镜 |
[18:39] | so that’s what I got you. | 所以我就买显微镜给你了 |
[18:40] | And then when Dad took us to a game, you | 之后老爸带我们去看棒球赛 |
[18:42] | spent the whole time looking for rodent hairs in your hot-dog. | 你就一直在热狗里面找啮齿类动物毛发 |
[18:52] | I’m just saying Christmas isn’t the time you go trying to mold somebody, | 我想说的是 圣诞节不是让你借机塑造别人的 |
[18:56] | which is what you’re trying to do with Frederick. | 你现在就是想按自己的意志塑造Frederick |
[18:57] | I think I know what’s good for my own son. | 我知道什么是对我儿子好的 |
[18:59] | I brushed my teeth, Daddy. | 我刷过牙了 老爸 |
[19:01] | Oh, that’s my boy. Come on. | 好孩子 来 |
[19:04] | – Bonsoir, Uncle Niles. – Et toi aussi. | – 晚安 Niles叔叔 – 你也是啊 |
[19:08] | Hey, you’d better get to sleep, or Santa won’t come. | 你该去睡觉了 否则圣诞老人不来咯 |
[19:09] | OK. I know just what Santa’s bringing me this year, Dad. | 好 我知道圣诞老人今年会送我什么喔 老爸 |
[19:13] | I bet you don’t. | 你肯定不知道 |
[19:16] | Yes I do too. It’s an Outlaw Laser Robo Geek. | 我知道的 是激光亡命机器怪人 |
[19:24] | What makes you think that? | 你为什么这么觉得 |
[19:26] | Because I asked Santa for it in my letter. | 因为我在信里拜托过圣诞老人的 |
[19:28] | They are sooo cool. | 机器人太太酷了 |
[19:32] | Ahh, listen ahh, Frederick, | 听我说 Frederick |
[19:35] | there’s erm… Frederick, where are you going? | 有点 Frederick 你去哪儿 |
[19:38] | I’m going to make myself fall asleep right away, | 我现在就要去睡觉 |
[19:40] | so the next thing I know, it’ll be morning. | 等我醒过来就是明天早上了 |
[19:43] | Goodnight, Daddy. | 晚安 老爸 |
[19:44] | I’ll come in and tuck you in, in a minute. | 我等会儿来给你掖被子 |
[19:45] | Goodnight, Grandpa. Goodnight, Uncle Niles. | 晚安 爷爷 晚安 Niles叔叔 |
[19:47] | Goodnight. | 晚安 |
[19:48] | Goodnight, Frederick. I’m going to go home and go to bed, too. | 晚安 Frederick 我也要回家睡觉了 |
[19:52] | I hope Aunt Maris comes out of her coma. | 希望Maris婶婶赶紧从昏迷中醒过来 |
[20:06] | He asked where she was, I thought the truth would just upset him. | 他问我她去哪儿了 我觉得真相会让他难过的 |
[20:12] | I’ll see you in the morning. Merry Christmas. | 明天见 圣诞快乐 |
[20:14] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[20:17] | Well, this is turning out to be quite a Christmas. | 今年圣诞节看来我是搞砸了 |
[20:20] | Oh, it’s going to be fine. | 不会的 |
[20:23] | Done it again. | 又是这样 |
[20:25] | Gotten everyone the wrong gifts. | 送给每个人的礼物都不对路 |
[20:28] | What is it about me? | 我到底有什么问题 |
[20:31] | Well, here, you might as well open your gift now. | 给 你不如就现在拆礼物吧 |
[20:34] | No reason for everyone to be disappointed tomorrow. | 没必要让所有人都挤在明天一起失望 |
[20:36] | Hey, I’m sure I’m gonna love it. | 我肯定会喜欢这个礼物的 |
[20:38] | I doubt it. Not exactly my night. | 深表怀疑 我今天这么不顺 |
[20:45] | Hey! A robe! Great, I love it! | 睡袍诶 太好了 我喜欢 |
[20:49] | No, you don’t. It’s not a robe, it’s a dressing gown. | 才不呢 这不是睡袍 是晨衣 |
[20:55] | Noel Coward would love it, but it’s not you. | Noel Coward会喜欢 但你才不会 |
[20:57] | Hey, I love Noel Coward! | 我超爱Noel Coward的 |
[21:00] | Dad, you’re overcompensating. | 老爸 你这叫过犹不及 |
[21:01] | Oh, well, you know some people are hard to buy for, I’m sorry. | 好吧 有些人的礼物本来就很难挑 对不起 |
[21:05] | But, you know, you are too, I never know what to get you. | 但你也是啊 我一直不知道该给你买什么 |
[21:08] | Yeah. | 是吗 |
[21:09] | Here. | 给 |
[21:11] | You might as well open this now. | 你也现在拆吧 |
[21:16] | Yeah. Guess it was easier when I was small. | 是啊 我年纪小的时候可能还容易点 |
[21:20] | ‘Cause kids always know what they want, don’t they? | 孩子都知道自己想要什么 不是吗 |
[21:22] | Yeah, yeah. It’s rough for adults. | 是啊 是啊 成年人就很难 |
[21:31] | Oh, Dad… | 喔 老爸 |
[21:32] | Merry Christmas, son. | 圣诞快乐 儿子 |
[21:36] | How did you know? It’s jut what I always wanted: | 你怎么知道 这就是我想要的 |
[21:39] | My very own Outlaw Laser Robo Geek. | 我也有自己的激光亡命机器怪人啦 |
[21:46] | Oh, Dad oh, oh, listen, are the batteries included? | 喔 老爸 对了 买没买电池啊 |
[21:50] | – In the box. – Oh, Dad! | – 在盒子里呢 – 喔 老爸 |