时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane. We’ll be right back after this. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 广告之后 马上回来 |
[00:13] | OK, after this spot we’re gonna come back in 15 seconds, | 好 15秒后我们继续 |
[00:16] | you do a station ID and then toss it to the news. | 你说一遍频道名字然后就插播新闻 |
[00:19] | I’ll count you down. | 我来给你倒计时 |
[00:20] | That won’t be necessary. | 不用了 |
[00:21] | I have a built in mental stopwatch. | 我自备人体秒表 |
[00:23] | As a child playing “Hide and Go Seek” | 小时候玩捉迷藏 |
[00:25] | I was the only one who didn’t need to say, | 我是唯一一个不用数 |
[00:27] | “One Hippopotamus Two Hippopotamus.” | “一只河马 两只河马”的小朋友 |
[00:31] | Frasier, I’ve heard you. | Frasier 咱俩是老搭档了 |
[00:32] | You’re always either talking into the news or running short. | 你要不就一直说到新闻都开始了 要不就留白 |
[00:35] | I am not! | 我没有 |
[00:36] | I’ll bet you 20 bucks you blow this one. | 我赌20块你这次还说不好 |
[00:40] | All right, you’re on. | 好啊 来吧 |
[00:41] | No, you are. | 得了 该你来了 |
[00:46] | Hello, we’re back. This is Dr. Frasier Crane | 嗨 欢迎回来 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:49] | tuning in for our second hour on the “Dr. Frasier Crane Show.” | 欢迎继续收听第二小时的”Crane医生秀” |
[00:53] | In our first hour we covered everything from anorexia to xenophobia. | 在上一个小时里 我们从厌食说到了仇外情绪 |
[00:57] | What will be next? As always of course that’s entirely up to you. | 接下来要说什么呢 当然完全听你们的了 |
[01:01] | So stick around. The Doctor is in and he’s listening. | 别走开 医生正在等待聆听 |
[01:07] | Ooh, this is KACL 780 AM | 诶呦 这里是调频780AM KACL广播 |
[01:15] | – That was very smooth. – Thank you. | – 接的挺顺畅啊 – 谢谢 |
[01:17] | Oh, let’s see. “One Andrew Jackson, Two Andrew Jackson? | 我数数 “一个安德鲁杰克逊 两个安德鲁杰克逊” |
[01:24] | Look Frasier, I’ve been getting a lot of complaints from sponsors | Frasier 最近很多赞助商抱怨说 |
[01:27] | saying that their ads are getting buried in huge commercial blocks. | 他们的广告被淹没在大段广告时间里了 |
[01:30] | I see. | 这样啊 |
[01:31] | So instead of having four blocks per hour | 所以我们要从每小时四个广告时段 |
[01:34] | we’re going to have eight | 改为每小时八个广告时段 |
[01:35] | only they’re only going to be half as long. | 每段的时间都减半 |
[01:37] | I thought it might help you. | 希望这样对你也有帮助 |
[01:38] | And you want to stay on top, don’t you, Frasier? | 你也想控制住局面 对吧 |
[01:43] | Frasier Frasier? | |
[01:45] | Of course, very much so. | 当然了 非常想 |
[01:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[01:54] | Frasier, what was that? | Frasier 怎么回事 |
[01:56] | What was what? | 什么怎么回事 |
[01:57] | Call me crazy, but when you were talking to Kate | 肯定是我想多了 可是你跟Kate说话时 |
[01:59] | you had this goofy little teenage look on your face. | 脸上那种少年思春的表情是怎么回事 |
[02:02] | If I didn’t know better, I’d swear you got a thing for her. | 要不是这事儿不太可能 我还以为你看上她了 |
[02:05] | For Kate? | 看上Kate |
[02:06] | mm-hmm. Look at you. You’re flushed. | 嗯嗯 看看你 你脸都红了 |
[02:07] | I had Mexican for lunch. | 那是因为我中午吃的墨西哥菜 |
[02:10] | It’s not lust. It’s a Chimichanga. | 这不是欲望 就是个墨西哥卷 |
[02:14] | Frasier, I’m sorry | Frasier 虽然自大了点 |
[02:15] | but I’m never wrong about these things. | 但我从没在这种事上犯过错 |
[02:18] | Have you lost your mind? | 你脑子坏了吧 |
[02:20] | Look me in the eye and tell me I’m wrong. | 看着我的眼睛说我错了 |
[02:23] | Roz, you’re wrong. | Roz 你错了 |
[02:26] | Oh my God. I’m sitting on a powder-keg here. | 天呐 我发现了爆炸性新闻 |
[02:29] | You’ve got a crush on Kate! | 你看上Kate了 |
[02:30] | Alright, now listen. Stop it. Shu-shi. | 行了 行了 住嘴 嘘 |
[02:33] | Everybody knows you are the biggest gossip in the entire station. | 谁都知道你是全电台最八卦的人 |
[02:36] | You’ll be sworn to secrecy. | 你得发誓不说出去 |
[02:37] | I swear I won’t tell anyone. | 我发誓我谁也不告诉 |
[02:38] | No, it doesn’t count until you shake my hand. | 不行 得跟我握手才能算数 |
[02:40] | Oh, all right. | 好吧 |
[02:42] | Roz, Kate and I | Roz 我和Kate |
[02:44] | Oh my God! Kate’s “Dirty Girl”! | 天呐 Kate就是那个”坏女孩” |
[02:52] | Kate is the woman you had sex with on | Kate就是那个跟你在直播间里嘿咻 |
[02:54] | the air in this booth and you were calling “Dirty Girl”? | 结果被播出去的那个”坏女孩” |
[02:57] | Oh my God! | 我的老天爷啊 |
[03:01] | – I just need a minute here – Alright. | – 我需要点时间接受 – 好吧 |
[03:04] | Of course it happened months ago. Only a couple of times. | 事情都过去几个月了 而且只有几次而已 |
[03:08] | Uh-huh. | 啊哈 |
[03:09] | Our relationship started out so antagonistic. Then | 我们开始时是针锋相对的敌人 |
[03:12] | suddenly it just spilled over into passion. | 不知怎的突然就变成了激情 |
[03:13] | Intense, romantic, exciting | 刺激 浪漫 激动人心的爱人 |
[03:16] | the whole thing’s over now, but Roz, | 不过现在都结束了 但是Roz |
[03:18] | you will say nothing, absolutely nothing | 你千万别说出去 什么也别说 |
[03:22] | Roz Roz Roz? Roz? | |
[03:24] | Boy, I’ll never do that again! | 妈呀 这事儿我以后坚决不干了 |
[03:34] | I notice you’re grating that carrot at a 45-degree angle. | 我发现你擦胡萝卜丝的时候呈45度角 |
[03:37] | Does that enhance the flavor? | 是因为这样会更好吃吗 |
[03:39] | No, no. Just an old habit. | 不是 不是 只是习惯而已 |
[03:44] | And why exactly did you choose to grate carrots? | 那你为什么要选择擦胡萝卜丝呢 |
[03:47] | Because we have carrots! | 因为我们买了胡萝卜啊 |
[03:52] | I hope you don’t mind all the questions. It’s just | 希望你别介意我的这些问题 |
[03:55] | now that I’m separated, it’s time I learn to cook for myself. | 因为现在我自己住了 要学会做饭才行 |
[03:58] | It’s quite alright. Tell you what. | 没问题 这样吧 |
[03:59] | Why don’t you grate while I put the chicken in? | 要不你来擦胡萝卜丝 我去把鸡肉放进烤箱 |
[04:09] | Thousands of little metal teeth | 成千上万的金属小牙齿能够 |
[04:12] | able to tear the flesh right off your | 轻易地把你的身躯撕碎成 |
[04:18] | No, no, false alarm. | 没事 没事 虚惊一场 |
[04:20] | Normally I bleed like the Russian royal Family, but not today. | 通常我像俄罗斯皇室那样容易流血 但今天还好 |
[04:26] | That’s Interesting. You put a toothpick in that chicken. | 有意思 你把牙签插进鸡肉里了 |
[04:29] | Now, is that to check when it’s done? | 是为了一会用来判断它熟没熟吗 |
[04:30] | No, no. I’m just marking which one is yours. | 不是 只是标记一下这块是你的 |
[04:36] | Dr. Crane, would you mind setting the table? | Crane医生 要不你去摆下桌子吧 |
[04:39] | Oh, certainly. Just give a yell | 没问题 要是还有什么要擦丝的 |
[04:41] | if there’s anything else that you need to have grated. | 你就喊我就行 |
[04:43] | You’ve done enough grating for one night! | 你今晚擦的丝已经够多了 |
[04:50] | Writing a letter? | 在写信 |
[04:53] | No, I’m writing my memoirs! | 没 在写回忆录 |
[04:56] | I’ll take that as a Yes. | 那就是了 |
[04:57] | My old army buddy. | 给我的老战友的 |
[04:59] | But you know that’s the improper use of a hyphen. | 但是那里连字符用得不对 |
[05:03] | Somehow I don’t think Maurie Dingman will mind. | 我想Maurie Dingman大概不会在意的 |
[05:07] | Then I’m sure he won’t notice that missing comma | 那我觉得他应该也不会注意到那里少了个逗号 |
[05:09] | and that run-on sentence. | 还有那个乱加从句的冗长句子 |
[05:13] | Although this is a particularly glaring error. | 不过这个错误太明显了 也说不准 |
[05:15] | It’s best not to end a sentence with a preposition. | 句子最好不要用介词结尾 |
[05:25] | Not to be technical, but “Off” Is a preposition too! | 不是我挑刺 但”Off”也是个介词 |
[05:33] | – Evening all. – Good news. | – 晚上好 – 好消息 |
[05:35] | I have tickets for the symphony tomorrow night. Are you free? | 我有两张明晚交响乐演出的票 你有空吗 |
[05:38] | Well, actually no. I have a date. | 没空 我得去约会 |
[05:40] | With who? | 跟谁啊 |
[05:41] | Some woman I met at my accountant’s. | 我在会计事务所那儿遇到的人 |
[05:43] | Yeah, when I was in the service, | 是啊 当年我参军的时候 |
[05:45] | first thing I’d do when I hit a new port was | 到达新港口的第一件事就是 |
[05:47] | go straight to an accountant and find out where the action was. | 去会计部转一转 看看能不能发展一下 |
[05:54] | Yeah, I must admit I’m having a | 恩 我不得不承认我确实 |
[05:55] | little trouble working up my enthusiasm about it. | 对这个约会没多大兴趣 |
[05:58] | Only the woman’s fault. It’s just that | 不是这位女士不好 只是我发现 |
[06:00] | I find myself preoccupied with somebody else right now. | 我心里已经有人了 |
[06:02] | Well, frankly, it’s gone a bit beyond preoccupation. | 恩 说实话 其实不只是有人了 |
[06:06] | I’m having fantasies about her all the time. | 她简直就是我梦中女神啊 |
[06:08] | Well there’s nothing wrong with that. | 那也没什么啊 |
[06:11] | You know, when I first met your mother | 我第一次见到你妈的时候 |
[06:12] | she was so upbeat and bouncy I used | 她特别活泼可爱 |
[06:14] | to fantasize about her wearing a skimpy little cheerleader’s outfit, | 我老幻想她穿着又紧又小的啦啦队服 |
[06:17] | shaking her pom-poms | 扭她的 |
[06:18] | – DAD – DAD | 爸 – 爸 |
[06:20] | Grow up you two! | 你们俩成熟点好吗 |
[06:22] | I’m just saying it’s perfectly natural. | 我只是想说这是很正常的事 |
[06:25] | I can’t tell you the number of times I was on a stake-out in the cold | 我数不清多少回我在大冷天站岗时 |
[06:28] | picturing your mother in front of a warm fire wearing nothing but a | 幻想你妈在火炉前什么也不穿 就 |
[06:32] | – DAD!!! – DAD!!! | – 爸 – 爸 |
[06:34] | Oh, I’m sorry. One day your mother and I went on a church picnic | 好吧 抱歉 真相是有一天我和你妈去教堂野餐会 |
[06:37] | and the two of you came | 你们俩就装在 |
[06:38] | floating down the river in little wicker baskets! | 柳条编的篮子里 顺着河漂下来了 |
[06:42] | Was that so hard? | 编个故事没多难吧 |
[06:46] | You know, I’m beginning to wonder if I have real feelings for this woman. | 我现在怀疑我是不是真的爱上她了 |
[06:50] | I mean I think about her all the time. | 我无时无刻不在想着她 |
[06:52] | Ooh this sounds interesting. Who are we talking about? | 哦 有意思 这位女神是谁呢 |
[06:57] | Kate from the office. | 我同事Kate |
[06:57] | Oh, “Dirty Girl.” | 哦 那个”坏女孩” |
[07:02] | She seemed nice. | 她好像挺不错的 |
[07:03] | She is nice. Intelligent, accomplished. | 她是很不错 很聪明 事业有成 |
[07:06] | Well, if you think so much of her why don’t you ask her out? | 如果你这么想她 为什么不约她出去呢 |
[07:09] | Well, we agreed we wouldn’t pursue things. | 我们说好不谈感情的 |
[07:11] | Frankly, she hasn’t given me any indication since | 而且坦白说 我也没有感觉到 |
[07:13] | that she’s even had a second thought about me. | 她对我有别样的感情 |
[07:17] | Added to which, if Frasier did pursue her and she rejected him, | 而且如果Fraiser追她被拒绝了 |
[07:19] | he could hardly rationalize it by saying | 他也不好安慰自己说 |
[07:22] | she doesn’t know what she’s missing. | 她不知道自己损失了什么 |
[07:23] | She would know exactly what she’s missing. She just didn’t miss it! | 她当然知道 她只是不觉得这是损失 |
[07:32] | Thank you, Niles! | 真谢谢你了 Niles |
[07:34] | You can’t let fear of rejection stop you Dr. Crane. | 你不能因为害怕失败就裹足不前啊 Crane医生 |
[07:38] | Well, you know Daphne, it’s just not that easy really. | 唉 Daphne 事情没这么简单的 |
[07:41] | Maybe I’m letting this romantic fantasy run away with me. | 也许是我自己被一时的浪漫冲昏了头脑 |
[07:44] | Truth is we don’t really know each other very well and, | 其实我俩根本不了解对方 |
[07:46] | you know what if she did reject me, | 要是她真拒绝我了 |
[07:48] | I’d end up going to work every day feeling like a fool. | 我以后还怎么在台里混 |
[07:51] | Hey, am I getting a whiff of chicken here? | 我好像闻到了鸡肉味 |
[07:53] | Oh fine Dad! Frankly I’ve had enough of you and your adolescent wisecracks. | 好啊 爸 我真是受不了你那幼稚的冷嘲热讽了 |
[07:58] | I am not “Chicken.” I am just merely hesitant. | 我不是胆小鬼 我只是有点犹豫 |
[08:01] | alright! I will ask her out tomorrow. | 好吧 我明天就去告白 |
[08:02] | Fine. I hope that makes you happy! | 行了吧 你高兴了吧 |
[08:05] | I just thought I smelled dinner! | 我真的只是闻到了晚饭的味道啊 |
[08:15] | Oh Kate. Hi. There you are. I wanted to talk with you. | Kate 嘿 我正想找你呢 |
[08:18] | I’m just going down to the Billing department. | 我正要下楼去财务室 |
[08:21] | I’ll ride along with you. | 那我跟你一起下去吧 |
[08:30] | You know, it seems every time we speak lately the | 最近我们一碰面 就聊些 |
[08:34] | conversation always leads to ratings, commercials, demographics | 收听率啊 广告啊 听众统计数据啊 |
[08:40] | hirings and firings, promotions, | 招聘啊 解雇啊 升职啊 |
[08:41] | demotions, the odd skirmish over the expense account. | 降职啊 经费上的小冲突啊等等 |
[08:45] | It just seems all so dry and impersonal. | 好像特别的乏味和官方 |
[08:50] | Did I hit the right button? | 我按的楼层对吗 |
[08:52] | Oh, yes! | 啊 好棒 |
[08:56] | Yes. Yeah. You did. You did. You hit the right button. | 是的 对 对 你按的对 |
[08:58] | I’m sorry ?I’ve got a lot on my mind. | 不好意思 我脑子里事情太多了 |
[09:02] | Yeah, so do I. | 是啊 我也是 |
[09:04] | Kate I wanted to ask you? | Kate 我想要问你个问题 |
[09:06] | Frasier, I’m leaving KACL. I’m moving to Chicago. | Frasier 我要离开KACL了 搬去芝加哥 |
[09:11] | What? | 什么 |
[09:12] | Yeah. I’m taking over a station there. | 我要去那接管一个广播台 |
[09:15] | In fact I’m going out on the “Redeye” Tonight. | 其实 我今晚就要坐红眼航班走了 |
[09:17] | I thought, given our history, I should tell you first. | 我想 鉴于咱俩的交情 我应该先告诉你的 |
[09:23] | Well, I’m at a loss for words. | 啊 我不知道该说点什么了 |
[09:27] | Wouldn’t you know it ?On the day I’m leaving? | 谁能想到 我刚要走 你就不BB了 |
[09:34] | Well congratulations. This is a big step for you. | 祝贺你 事业上又上升了一步 |
[09:38] | Thanks. Boy, this was not an easy decision believe me. | 谢了 天呐 相信我 做出这决定我也很难受 |
[09:42] | You never know if you’re leaving a place too soon. | 你永远不知道自己是不是离开的太早了 |
[09:45] | All I know is that for the time you’ve been here | 我只知道这段时间 |
[09:48] | I’ve certainly enjoyed having you. | 能够拥有你确实很开心 |
[09:54] | – Having you – I know. | – 我是说一起共事 – 我知道 |
[10:02] | I guess this is goodbye. | 所以 再见了 |
[10:04] | I suppose so. | 我想是吧 |
[10:08] | Goodbye, Kate. | 再见 Kate |
[10:23] | My. Don’t you look dashing? | 天 你看起来很帅啊 |
[10:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:28] | So, tell me about this woman you’re going out with. | 那 给我说说你要约会的这位女士 |
[10:32] | Well, her name’s Donna. She’s an art director. | 她叫Donna 是个艺术总监 |
[10:36] | Or a park director ?I forget. | 还是停车小妹来着 我忘了 |
[10:43] | Look, I know you’re upset about Kate leaving but cheer up. | 我知道Kate要走你很伤心 但是开心点 |
[10:47] | There’s nothing quite as exciting as a first date. | 没什么比初次约会更兴奋的事了 |
[10:50] | All those questions you ask. | 你可以问很多问题 |
[10:52] | “What’s your favorite food?” “What’s your favorite color?” | “你最喜欢吃什么” “最喜欢什么颜色” |
[10:56] | “If you were to come back as an animal, | “如果你下辈子变成动物 |
[10:57] | what sort of animal would you be?” | 你想要变成什么动物” |
[11:00] | If she were to ask you that one, what would you say? | 如果她这样问你 你怎么回答 |
[11:04] | “Cheque please” Comes to mind! | 首先想到的是”买单” |
[11:10] | Hello? | 喂 |
[11:12] | Niles, no one was mean to you last night. | Niles 昨晚没人针对你 |
[11:16] | No, if you want to come over, | 不会啊 如果你要想来的话 |
[11:18] | that’s great. Yeah, we’d love to see you. | 那太好了 当然了 我们很想见你 |
[11:20] | OK. Bye. | 好的 拜 |
[11:23] | Hey Niles. | 嘿 Niles |
[11:26] | No traffic? | 看来没堵车啊 |
[11:29] | Dad, you sounded lonely so I rented some movies. | 爸 你听上去有点孤单 所以我租了电影 |
[11:31] | Oh, didn’t you know the VCR is broken? | 你不知道录像机坏了吗 |
[11:34] | No subtitles this time! | 这次没字幕 |
[11:35] | Oh, that’s right, I got it fixed. | 哦 对了 我已经修好了 |
[11:38] | What’d you bring? | 你租的什么 |
[11:39] | I have “The Way We Were” | <往日情怀> |
[11:40] | And a classic, “Casablanca.” | 和经典的<卡萨布兰卡> |
[11:42] | Oh, I just love that movie. | 我特别喜欢那部电影 |
[11:44] | Is there any more heartbreaking moment in all of film than | 还有什么比亨弗莱鲍嘉虽然爱英格丽褒曼 |
[11:47] | when Humphrey bogart tells Ingrid Bergman to get on that plane with | 却还让她上飞机跟 |
[11:50] | Victor Laszlow even though Bogey loves her? | 维克多拉斯罗走更心碎的吗 |
[11:53] | What an ending! | 多心酸的结局啊 |
[11:55] | Well, there goes my need to finally see that one. | 看来我有必要好好看看这个电影了 |
[12:02] | He cares deeply for her and yet he lets her go. | 他真心爱她却放手让她走 |
[12:06] | Wonder why Bogey did that? | 为什么鲍嘉会这么做 |
[12:08] | Why don’t we put the movie in and find out? | 要不我们现在就看一看 好一探究竟 |
[12:10] | Because Laszlow needed her by his side to fight the Nazis. | 因为拉斯罗跟纳粹战斗需要她支持 |
[12:13] | Forget the Nazis. | 别提纳粹好吧 |
[12:15] | No man in his right mind would give up Ingrid Bergman. | 没有脑子清醒的男人会放走英格丽褒曼的 |
[12:17] | Oh sure! Sacrifice the | 是嘛 牺牲了整个自由世界 |
[12:19] | entire free world for a little Swedish meatball? | 就为了个瑞典女人 |
[12:23] | Look, I don’t like Nazis any more than | 你看 我最讨厌纳粹什么的了 |
[12:25] | the next guy but what’s Ingrid going to do with Laszlow? | 但是英格丽跟拉斯罗一起能干嘛 |
[12:28] | You’re missing the point. | 你没抓住重点 |
[12:29] | What makes the movie so romantic is seeing Bogey | 这电影这么经典就是因为看着鲍嘉 |
[12:33] | go from a cynical playboy to a noble self-sacrificing patriot. | 从愤世青年变成自我牺牲的爱国者 |
[12:37] | Oh why don’t you just put on some trenchcoats and act it out? | 你们俩怎么不干脆穿上风衣演上一出啊 |
[12:42] | I’m telling you, if you’re | 我这么跟你说吧 要是你 |
[12:43] | in his shoes you’ve only got one choice. | 处在他的立场 你只有一种选择 |
[12:45] | I’ll say you do. You get the hell down to the airport | 是啊 我会赶快去那该死的机场 |
[12:47] | and tell her to get off the plane. | 跟她说你快从飞机上下来 |
[12:48] | She’s going to Lisbon to fight the Nazis! | 她是去里斯本跟纳粹战斗 |
[12:50] | No, she’s not. She’s going to Chicago to | 不 不是的 她是要去芝加哥 |
[12:52] | turn a Country & Western station into an all-talk format. | 把个只会放乡村音乐的电台改成高大上的访谈节目 |
[12:54] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[12:56] | To stop Kate from getting on that plane! | 去阻止Kate上飞机 |
[12:57] | Well your date’s gonna be here in a minute. | 可是你的约会对象马上来了 |
[12:59] | What are we supposed to tell her? | 我们怎么跟她交待啊 |
[13:00] | Oh, I don’t know. | 不知道 哦 就跟她说 |
[13:01] | Oh tell her I’m visiting a sick friend or something. | 我去看生病的朋友了 |
[13:03] | Better yet ?Just tell her the truth. | 要不就直接告诉她实话吧 |
[13:05] | Sometimes two people just aren’t meant to be together. | 有时候两个人就是注定没缘分 |
[13:07] | Ooh ?It’s just like Redford and Streisand at the end of “The Way We Were.” | 这不就是雷德福和史翠珊<往日情怀>结尾的对白吗 |
[13:11] | And that’s another one down. | 另一部电影也毁了 |
[13:26] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[13:27] | Don’t say anything. Just listen. | 什么都别说 听我说 |
[13:29] | Kate, this afternoon I wanted to say something to you | Kate 今天下午我有些话想对你说 |
[13:31] | but when I found out you were leaving I held back. | 但是你说你要走了 我就犹豫了 |
[13:33] | Well, I’m not holding back any more. | 现在我不再犹豫了 |
[13:37] | I can’t stop thinking about you. | 我无时无刻不在想你 |
[13:39] | Not just about the times we made love but | 不光是想我们的激情时刻 |
[13:41] | about the possibility that we might have a future together. | 我还想要和你一起走下去 |
[13:43] | Now if there’s any part of you that wonders the same thing | 如果你也有同样的感觉 |
[13:46] | about me, we owe it to ourselves to see it through. | 我们真的应该考虑更进一步 |
[13:49] | You see, if you get on that plane tonight and we’ll regret it. | 如果你今晚走了 我们一定会后悔的 |
[13:53] | Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon | 也许今天不会 明天不会 |
[13:57] | and for the rest of our lives. | 但很快就会的 而且是抱憾终生 |
[13:59] | Anyway I think I made my point. | 不管怎样 我已经说的很明白了 |
[14:04] | What do you think? | 你是怎么想的呢 |
[14:06] | Kate Kate! | |
[14:09] | More importantly, what do you think? | 更重要的是 你是怎么想的 |
[14:20] | Aw, for God’s sake, you’ve been bawling the whole movie. | 我的老天爷啊 整个电影你都在嚎 |
[14:24] | I have not. My eyes just itch! | 我没嚎 我就是眼睛痒 |
[14:29] | Well, it turns out Bogey was right to let her go. | 事实证明鲍嘉让她走是对的 |
[14:33] | Frasier, what are you doing here? | Frasier 你怎么回来了 |
[14:35] | Look, Donna stayed to watch “Casablanca” With us. | 看 Donna留下来看<卡萨布兰卡>了 |
[14:38] | Donna, hi. | Donna 嗨 |
[14:39] | Hello, Frasier. How’s your friend? | 嗨 Fraiser 你朋友没事吧 |
[14:41] | In the hospital? | 住院的那个 |
[14:43] | Oh, he’s doing much better actually. | 他好多了 |
[14:46] | They’re thinking of sending him home tomorrow. | 他们觉得他明天就能出院了 |
[14:47] | After a heart transplant? | 刚做完心脏移植手术就出院 |
[14:51] | Well, he’s with an HMO! | 他的医保是HMO的 |
[14:55] | So er what do you say we have that dinner? | 那 嗯 我们去吃晚饭吧 |
[14:58] | Great, I’ll just grab my coat. | 好啊 我去拿外套 |
[15:04] | Kate Kate! | |
[15:06] | OK; now you listen to me. I was | 这次你听我说 |
[15:07] | so touched by what you just said at my apartment. | 你刚才说的话让我特别感动 |
[15:10] | You said everything that I’ve | 你说了我过去两个月一直 |
[15:11] | wanted to say to you for the last two months. | 想要跟你说的话 |
[15:13] | Tony’s just a guy that I went out with a couple of times. | Tony只是跟我约会过几次 |
[15:16] | He just came over to say | 他只是在我去机场之前来 |
[15:17] | goodbye to me before I went to the airport. | 跟我告别的而已 |
[15:20] | When you saw him you just looked so hurt | 你看到他的时候好像特别伤心 |
[15:23] | You had a date with her tonight too? | 你今晚也要跟她约会吗 |
[15:27] | but apparently you rebounded! | 不过显然你已经恢复了 |
[15:30] | I’m sorry. I thought you were sincere. Hold the elevator! | 抱歉 我还以为你是真心的 等等 |
[15:34] | Kate! I was, Kate! This woman means nothing to me. | Kate 我是真心的 Kate 她一点都不重要 |
[15:37] | Thanks a lot! | 谢了 |
[15:38] | Oh, I’m sorry, Donna. I’m truly sorry. | 对不起 Donna 我真的很抱歉 |
[15:41] | It was very inconsiderate, | 这话很伤人 |
[15:41] | but that woman means a great deal to me. | 但是那个女人对我太重要了 |
[15:44] | I’m sure you’ll hate me, but I just gotta do what I gotta do. | 我知道你肯定会恨我 但我还是要去追她 |
[15:47] | I’m really sorry about this. | 真抱歉啊 出这种事 |
[15:48] | Why don’t you stay and watch the end of the movie. | 要不你留下来跟我们把电影看完吧 |
[15:51] | Thank you, but I’ve spent quite enough time in this house tonight. | 谢谢 不过我今晚在这里真是待够了 |
[16:01] | this is lucky. We can ride down together. | 真巧啊 我们还能坐同一班电梯下楼 |
[16:10] | Kate Kate! | |
[16:12] | Frasier Frasier! | |
[16:13] | Oh my God. I know you’re upset. | 天呐 我知道你很伤心 |
[16:17] | I don’t even care about that woman. | 可是我真的不在乎那个女人 |
[16:18] | She’s just a blind date I didn’t even want to go on. | 她只是随便约出来的 我根本都不想去 |
[16:21] | I wanted to be with you tonight. | 我今晚只想跟你在一起 |
[16:22] | I know. I overreacted. I’ve been | 我知道 我反应过激了 我都 |
[16:24] | standing here for a half an hour hoping you’d come. | 在这儿等了一个半小时了 就盼着你能来 |
[16:26] | I never thought you’d come. | 我还以为你不会来了 |
[16:28] | I can’t believe I waited so | 我们竟然等了这么久 |
[16:28] | long when all I had to do was say something. | 什么不肯说 |
[16:30] | Listen, it’s not your fault. I could have said something. | 这不是你的错 我该说点什么的 |
[16:35] | Well it doesn’t matter. We’re together now. | 无所谓了 现在我们在一起了 |
[16:36] | Your boarding pass, please? | 请出示您的登机牌 |
[16:38] | Go ahead. Go ahead. | 你先吧 你先 |
[16:40] | Couldn’t you just stay one more night? | 你能不能多留一晚呢 |
[16:42] | Just call them. Tell them you’ll come in tomorrow. | 给他们打电话说你明天到 |
[16:43] | I can’t. I can’t. I have a board meeting in the morning. | 不行啊 明早有一个董事会要开 |
[16:46] | Oh damn. All right I’ll call you. Where are you staying? | 该死的 那我给你打电话 你住哪里 |
[16:49] | I’m staying at The Drake. But, you know what? | 德雷克大厦 要不这样吧 |
[16:50] | I’ll call you. I’ll call you the minute I get in. | 我给你打电话 我到了就给你打电话 |
[16:53] | Ma’am, we’re closing the doors. | 女士 我们要关门了 |
[16:55] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[16:58] | I’ll miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[16:59] | I’ll miss you. | 我也会想你的 |
[17:04] | Ladies and Gentlemen. I just spoke with our captain | 女士们先生们 机长刚刚通知 |
[17:07] | and we’re having a little technical snag. | 飞机出现了技术性故障 |
[17:09] | So Flight 487 to Chicago will be delayed indefinitely. | 飞往芝加哥的487号航班将无限延迟 |
[17:14] | – I missed you! – I missed you too! | – 我好想你 – 我也好想你啊 |
[17:18] | The minute that door closed I started | 通道门一关我就开始祈祷 |
[17:20] | praying for something bad to happen to your plane. | 飞机出点什么问题 |
[17:26] | It’s just like fate? Like somebody’s willing us to get together. | 这是命吧 就像是我们注定了要在一起 |
[17:29] | I felt that way since the moment I met you. | 我从遇见你开始就这么想的 |
[17:31] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[17:34] | Why don’t you come with me tonight? | 要不你今晚跟我一起走 |
[17:36] | I gotta work. I could come out next weekend. | 我要上班啊 下周末可以过去 |
[17:38] | Oh, yeah. Oh, great. You know what, | 对啊 也好 你知道吗 |
[17:41] | you can meet my twin sister. She lives in Chicago. | 我的双胞胎妹妹就住在芝加哥 你来了可以见见她 |
[17:43] | – You’ve got a twin? – Yes. | – 你有双胞胎妹妹 – 是啊 |
[17:45] | Wow. | 哇 |
[17:48] | You know there’s so much we don’t know about each other. | 我们对彼此都没有太多的了解 |
[17:51] | Well, ask me. Ask me anything. | 那你问我 问我什么都行 |
[17:54] | Er oh, I know. What’s your favorite color? | 嗯 我想到了 你最喜欢的颜色是 |
[17:58] | Blue. What’s yours? | 蓝色 你呢 |
[18:00] | Arctic silver. It’s available on all the big BMW’s. | 北极银 大宝马车上都有的颜色 |
[18:05] | Where’s your favorite city? | 你最喜欢的城市 |
[18:06] | Paris! Museum? | 巴黎 博物馆 |
[18:08] | The Prado! Musical? | 普拉多博物馆 音乐剧 |
[18:10] | Candide! Yours? | <老实人> 你呢 |
[18:11] | Cats! | <猫> |
[18:16] | Really? | 是嘛 |
[18:18] | Well I love cats. I have a cat. Would you like to meet Louie? | 我超爱猫的 我养了一只 你想看看Louie吗 |
[18:22] | No, no. Allergies. Allergies. | 别了 别了 过敏 我过敏 |
[18:26] | Not really much of a pet person. | 我不太喜欢宠物 |
[18:29] | Oh, really? Oh, no. | 真的吗 不会吧 |
[18:31] | All right, we’ll work around that. | 好吧 这些都是小事 |
[18:33] | You Know, what we can do when you come out? | 我想到等你来了我们可以干嘛了 |
[18:35] | We can go jogging around the lake. | 我们可以沿着湖慢跑 |
[18:37] | Oh Frasier, the lake is so beautiful. Do you ever jog? | 哦F raiser 那个湖特别美 你平时跑步吗 |
[18:42] | Once. | 跑过一回 |
[18:44] | In a dark parking lot. When a truck backfired. | 在漆黑的停车场里 有辆卡车回火了 |
[18:50] | Oh, all right. We can do something that you like. | 好吧 我们可以做点你喜欢的 |
[18:52] | What do you like? What do you like? | 你喜欢什么呢 你喜欢什么 |
[18:53] | Well, we could go antiquing. | 我们可以去淘古董 |
[18:56] | You know what? I’m not one | 话说 我一直觉得 |
[18:58] | of those people for whom “Antique” Is a verb. | 古董不是”淘”出来的 |
[19:03] | Ah! Well, this is all good. The contrasts | 哈 好吧 我们之间的不同 |
[19:07] | between us will make our relationship more vibrant. | 一定会让我们的感情更有活力的 |
[19:11] | Vive la difference! | 差异万岁 |
[19:18] | – Louie’s getting to you, isn’t he? – No, no. It’s all right. | – Louie让你过敏了是吗 – 没 没事的 |
[19:22] | Well, you know, if this is really gonna be a problem | 如果这真成问题的话 |
[19:25] | there’s a shot. | 其实有一种疫苗 |
[19:27] | Yes?And I understand they’re completely humane! | 是嘛 我能理解他们这样做是出于人道 |
[19:36] | Oh, you meant an allergy shot, didn’t you? | 哦 你说的是抗过敏疫苗吧 |
[19:47] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry, Frasier. I’m just afraid | 对不起 对不起 Fraiser 我只是担心 |
[19:50] | that if I move Louie any further away they’re gonna think he’s a bomb! | 再把Louie挪远点 会被怀疑是炸弹的 |
[19:57] | It’s all right. It’s all right. | 没事的 没事 |
[20:00] | So er you were saying that you love animals? | 那 嗯 你刚才说你喜欢动物 |
[20:04] | Oh yeah. I think that’s one of | 对啊 我觉得这是我 |
[20:05] | the main things that motivates me to work so hard. | 努力工作的一大动力 |
[20:09] | I’ve always had this dream to get a ranch in Montana ?You know? | 我一直想要在蒙大拿州买一个农场 |
[20:13] | To ski in the morning and ride horses in the afternoon? | 早晨滑雪 下午骑马 |
[20:17] | I just always wanted to raise horses. | 我一直都很想养马 |
[20:20] | Wow, life on a ranch raising horses. | 哇 在农场养马的生活 |
[20:25] | I always pictured myself in a penthouse raising children. | 我常常想象在顶层公寓里带孩子的生活 |
[20:31] | You still want more children then? | 你还想要孩子是吗 |
[20:34] | Yes. You like kids? | 是啊 你喜欢小孩吗 |
[20:37] | Oh yeah. I love kids. | 喜欢 我喜欢小孩 |
[20:39] | I don’t see myself mothering one, though. | 虽然我没想要自己生一个 |
[20:50] | You know, just to be on the safe | 保险起见 让我看看 |
[20:51] | side let me just check to see if there’s another flight? | 还有没有其他航班 |
[20:54] | Yeah, it couldn’t hurt. | 对啊 也没什么损失 |
[20:56] | Excuse me ?Is there another flight to Chicago tonight? | 你好 请问今天还有别的航班飞芝加哥吗 |
[21:00] | Not until morning. | 要到早晨才有 |
[21:01] | How about on another airline? | 别的航空公司呢 |
[21:07] | American has one connecting | 美国航空有一班在亚特兰大转机的 |
[21:08] | through Atlanta leaving in 10 minutes. | 十分钟之后起飞 |
[21:10] | Atlanta’s good. That’s a hub. | 亚特兰大好啊 那是交通枢纽 |
[21:12] | Yeah, but they’re way on the other side of the airport! | 是啊 但是那架飞机在机场另一边 |
[21:14] | Oh damn. I’ll never get there. | 该死的 我赶不上了 |
[21:15] | Look Kate ?Fate to the rescue once again. | 看Kate 命运再次拯救了我们 |
[21:18] | Sir ?This woman has to get across the terminal post-haste. | 先生 这位女士要赶去另一个航站楼 |
[21:21] | Hey pal, this’ll go a lot faster with just one person. | 嘿 伙计 要是一个人的话能更快的 |
[21:24] | Good point. | 有道理 |
[21:28] | Bye. | 拜 |
[21:34] | It’s pity, though! | 虽然有些遗憾 |
[21:36] | Isn’t it? | 是啊 |
[21:59] | Well, Louie. This looks | 好吧 Louie 看起来 |
[22:01] | like the beginning of a beautiful friendship. | 一段美好的新友谊要开始了 |