时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, KACL, 780. | 这里是Frasier Crane医生 在KACL 780频道 |
[00:13] | Frasier, that was security. | Frasier 保安打来电话 |
[00:14] | Some woman insisted on seeing you, she just blew right past them. | 说有个女人坚持要见你 她刚闯进来 |
[00:18] | Oh, don’t panic, Roz. | 莫要惊慌 Roz |
[00:19] | Probably just one of my more ardent fans. | 很可能只是一个铁杆儿粉丝 |
[00:32] | Niles, we’ve got to talk! It’s urgent. | Niles 我们得谈谈 紧急事件 |
[00:33] | Frasier, I’m with a patient! | Frasier 我这儿还有病人哪 |
[00:34] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[00:36] | – Is, uh, this about a woman? – Yes. | – 是关于女人的吗 – 是的 |
[00:39] | Take all the time you need. | 你慢慢聊吧 |
[00:44] | – Well? – She’s back… | – 怎么 – 她回来了 |
[00:47] | the scourge of my existence. | 我生命中的灾难 |
[00:51] | Strange, I usually get some sign when Lilith is in town, | 奇怪啊 Lilith来的时候通常会有征兆的 |
[00:54] | dogs forming into packs, | 众狗成群 |
[00:55] | blood weeping down the wall. | 血洗墙面 |
[00:59] | I’m talking about… | 我说的是 |
[01:03] | Diane Chambers Diane Chambers. | |
[01:05] | Lucille, send Mr. Carr home. | Lucille 让Carr先生回家吧 |
[01:11] | She just showed up at the station today. | 今天她突然出现在电台 |
[01:13] | Apparently some play she wrote is being produced here in town. | 好像她写的一部什么戏剧要在这儿演出 |
[01:17] | I admit, I just sort of panicked when I saw her, | 必须承认 我见到她时确实略有慌张 |
[01:20] | but I think I covered it masterfully. | 但我巧妙地掩饰过去了 |
[01:22] | All right, all right, all right. | 好的 好的 |
[01:23] | Well, uh, why do you think you reacted that way? | 你觉得你为什么会有这样的反应 |
[01:26] | Oh, spare me the psychiatrist bit, niles. | 少给我来心理医生那一套 Niles |
[01:29] | That includes putting down the pad! | 我说的也包括把那本子放下 |
[01:33] | In the drawer, Niles! | 搁抽屉里 Niles |
[01:37] | Fine. My first question to you is this: | 好吧 我的第一个问题是 |
[01:40] | Are you still in love with her? | 你还爱她吗 |
[01:42] | No! Not in the least! | 不 一点儿也不 |
[01:43] | It’s a ridiculous suggestion. | 你这么说真是荒诞至极 |
[01:44] | Seeing as how I have nowhere to write the phrase, “Classic denial,” | 鉴于没法记下”典型否认”这句话 |
[01:47] | I’ll move on. | 我就继续说了 |
[01:52] | So, about this woman for whom you have so little feeling | 为了这个你毫无感觉的女人 |
[01:56] | that you raced across town and burst into one of my sessions? | 你横穿城镇 打断我的治疗 |
[01:59] | Is there any lingering resentment? | 难道你心里就没有残存的怨恨 |
[02:01] | Over what?! | 怨恨什么 |
[02:05] | Well, she did leave you at the altar. | 她确实把你只身留在了圣坛 |
[02:08] | When you told her how that made you feel, | 当你告诉她你的感受时 |
[02:10] | was there anything you left unsaid? | 你是否有所保留 |
[02:14] | Any phrase or feeling you wished you had expressed to her? | 你本想告诉她的话或者感受 |
[02:20] | I’m making the assumption here that you did tell her how you felt. | 我就假设你确实告诉了她你的感受 |
[02:25] | I sort of did. | 算是吧 |
[02:28] | “Sort of” is another one of those phrases that just wants to go in my pad. | “算是吧”是另一个我想记下的词 |
[02:36] | I expressed my distaste for the way I’d been treated, yes. | 我是说了她这样对待我 我有多痛苦 |
[02:39] | Frasier, she rejected you in the most debilitating way a man can be rejected. | Frasier 她用最残忍的方式拒绝了你 |
[02:42] | You’ve got to more than “sort of” tell her how that felt. | 你不能”算是”告诉了她你的感受 |
[02:45] | Well, I can’t just tell Diane | 我不能告诉Diane |
[02:46] | how awful she made me feel now! | 她让我现在还感觉这么糟 |
[02:48] | It’s a distant memory for her. | 那对她来说已经很遥远了 |
[02:49] | I’d feel weak! | 我会感觉自己软弱无能 |
[02:50] | You have no reason to feel weak. | 你没必要感觉软弱 |
[02:52] | You’ve moved on in your life too. | 你的生活也开启了新的篇章 |
[02:54] | You have a new career, new wealth, new success. | 你有了新的事业 新的财富 新的成就 |
[02:57] | You simply need closure in this one area. | 你只是在这方面需要一个了断 |
[03:01] | You know, what you just said made a lot of sense. | 你刚才说的挺有道理 |
[03:02] | You’re going to get closure. | 你要进行了断 |
[03:04] | No, that business about my success! | 不 关于我的成就的事儿 |
[03:06] | I tuned you out after that. | 之后的话我就没再听 |
[03:09] | I’m going to invite Diane over for dinner tonight, | 我要邀请Diane今晚过来吃晚餐 |
[03:11] | and I’m really gonna flaunt my success, | 大肆炫耀我的成就 |
[03:14] | really rub her nose in it! | 让她好好痛苦一把 |
[03:16] | That’ll prove I’m not just some cast-aside that never got over her. | 证明我可不是无法忘了她的可怜虫 |
[03:21] | Niles, I know it’s not psychologically sound. | Niles 我知道心理学上来说 这并不明智 |
[03:23] | But we’re still human. | 但是 我们始终是人类啊 |
[03:26] | We have to do what feels good sometimes, don’t we? | 有时要做点儿让自己爽一爽的事情 是吧 |
[03:31] | I’d just like to be on the record as saying I’m against it. | 我只想表示我反对这样做 |
[03:33] | Fine. | 没关系 |
[03:34] | You know the path that leads to peace with Diane | 你明知与Diane重归于好的方式 |
[03:36] | and you’re rejecting it. | 却刻意排斥 |
[03:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:38] | I’m washing my hands of the entire matter. | 我绝对不会在这事上插手 |
[03:39] | Wouldn’t miss it for the world though, would you? | 你绝不会错过这场好戏的 是吧 |
[03:41] | I’ll be there at seven with a cheeky Bordeaux. | 我会照例带瓶红酒 7点准时到 |
[03:51] | No, no, no, no. Daphne, I was very specific about this. | 不 不 Daphne 我说得很清楚了 |
[03:53] | The mayor’s plaque goes on the piano… | 市长纪念章要放在钢琴上 |
[03:55] | The Otis Glandenning “Man of the Year Award” goes right over here… | 奥蒂斯公司的”年度先生”要放在这儿 |
[04:00] | And my jewel… | 还有我的宝贝儿 |
[04:02] | my SeaBea… | 海壁大奖杯 |
[04:03] | goes right here where she can’t miss it! | 要放在一眼就能看见的地方 |
[04:05] | Hmm, that seems a bit subtle. | 放这儿还是有点隐晦 |
[04:08] | Why don’t I just use this to serve the olives? | 干嘛不用它直接上橄榄呢 |
[04:10] | Oh! Give me that! | 给我吧你 |
[04:15] | I wish someone would just tell me who this woman is, | 我希望你们能告诉我这女人是谁 |
[04:18] | and why we’re trying to impress the pants off her. | 为什么要让她刮目相看 |
[04:21] | She’s a one-time Boston barmaid | 她在波士顿当过酒吧招待 |
[04:22] | who had a nervous breakdown | 经历了一次精神崩溃 |
[04:25] | and ended up in a sanitorium, | 沦落到一家疗养院 |
[04:26] | where I met her, fell for her,.. | 在那里我遇到了她 爱上了她 |
[04:27] | and then was so mercilessly rejected by her | 然后无情地被她拒绝 |
[04:30] | that to this day | 时至今日 |
[04:31] | there is a sucking chest wound where once there dwelled a heart! | 我的胸口仍然有着钻心之痛 |
[04:40] | Diane Diane… | |
[04:44] | Hello, Frasier… | 你好 Frasier |
[04:46] | Please. | 请进 |
[04:47] | You remember my brother Niles, my father Martin, | 你记得我弟弟Niles 我父亲Martin吧 |
[04:49] | and this is his health-care worker, Daphne Moon. | 这位是他的保健护理员 Daphne Moon |
[04:51] | – Hello! – Hi, Diane. | – 你好 – 嗨 Diane |
[04:52] | Hello, Nice to see you all. | 好啊 很高兴见到你们 |
[04:53] | What a tasteful abode. | 你们家真雅致啊 |
[04:55] | Well, it’s modest in its way. | 普通住所而已嘛 |
[04:58] | No, that’s what I like about it. | 不 这正是我喜欢的地方 |
[04:59] | After the rambling beach house I’ve been living in, | 在住过格局凌乱的海滨别墅后 |
[05:02] | I’m ready for something smart and efficient. | 我正想选个整洁实用的房子 |
[05:08] | White wine, Diane? | 来点儿白葡萄酒吗 Diane |
[05:09] | I’m pouring an ’85 Montrachet La Guiche | 我正要开一瓶85年的蒙哈谢拉吉什 |
[05:12] | I purchased at auction. | 是在拍卖会买的 |
[05:13] | Oh, I always keep a bottle of that open myself. | 我也总会留一瓶 |
[05:19] | Hang this up! | 挂起来 |
[05:23] | Well, Martin, it’s been too long. How have you been? | Martin 好久未见 你过得怎么样 |
[05:27] | Well, my wife died, | 我老婆死了 |
[05:28] | I got shot in the hip, | 屁股上挨了一枪子儿 |
[05:29] | and I had to move in with frasier | 洗澡时老摔地上 |
[05:30] | ’cause I kept falling down in the shower. | 不得不搬来和Frasier同住 |
[05:36] | Well, you look wonderful! | 但你看起来好极啦 |
[05:39] | Yes, you do! | 是说真的哟 |
[05:41] | That’s the bad one. | 你拍的是那条坏腿 |
[05:46] | Niles, do you remember the last time I was in town | Niles 你记得上次我来的时候 |
[05:50] | and we dined together? | 我们一起吃饭来着吗 |
[05:51] | You had just started dating this woman? | 那时你刚开始和那个女人约会 |
[05:54] | She was the queerest little creature. Thank you. | 她真是难得的奇葩啊 谢谢 |
[05:58] | She ate everyone’s sorbet, | 她吃光了所有人的冰糕 |
[06:00] | and then she had to lie down in the ladies’ lounge | 不得不躺在休息室 |
[06:03] | while the coat-check girl massaged her abdomen! | 让衣帽间的女孩儿按摩肚子 |
[06:12] | Oh, I hope I haven’t put my foot in it. | 希望我没说错话 |
[06:15] | You and she didn’t get married | 你不会已经和她结婚 |
[06:16] | and live happily ever after, did you? | 幸福地生活在一起了吧 |
[06:18] | No, can’t say as we did. | 不 不能这么说 |
[06:22] | – Care for an olive? – Oh, thank you. | – 来颗橄榄吗 – 谢谢 |
[06:25] | These are a Pyrenean taste treat! | 那是来自比利牛斯山的味觉享受 |
[06:27] | They’re handpicked and bottled by Andalusian monks! | 由安达卢西亚的僧侣亲自挑选装罐 |
[06:30] | You can spit the pits in here. | 你可以把核吐这里 |
[06:42] | So, there I was, in the balcony of my Malibu beachhouse, | 当时我在马里布海滩别墅的阳台上 |
[06:46] | when a pod of whales passed by. | 有一群鲸鱼从我眼前游过 |
[06:49] | I knew I had to commune with these gentle giants, | 我想和这些温和的巨鲸亲热 |
[06:53] | so like a flash, I was on the beach, scrambling to my kayak. | 我像一道闪电般跑到沙滩上 爬上皮艇 |
[06:58] | But cruel fortune interceded, | 但是残酷的命运从中作梗 |
[07:01] | when, not twenty yards offshore, | 就在离开海岸不到20码时 |
[07:03] | I suddenly discovered myself entangled in an enormous bed of | 我猛然间发现自己被缠绕在厚厚的一层 |
[07:07] | of, um? | 一层 什么来着 |
[07:07] | Sea kelp? | 海藻 |
[07:08] | Exactly right, sea kelp! | 没错 就是海藻 |
[07:10] | Oh, that’s funny. I thought he said “Seek help.” | 真有意思 我以为他说的是”害臊” |
[07:21] | So, you haven’t told us how you’ve come to be in Seattle. | 你还没说为什么来西雅图 |
[07:24] | Oh, a small theater group has decided to produce a play I’ve written. | 一个小剧团决定上演我写的一台戏 |
[07:28] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[07:29] | Oh, my most recent work. | 是我最新的作品 |
[07:31] | It’s a sort of feminist odyssey, | 可以说是女性主义的奥德赛 |
[07:33] | experimental in places, | 好几处还在修改 |
[07:35] | in tone akin to Saroyan, | 和萨洛扬的风格类似 |
[07:36] | with a soupcon of Gide, | 还有点儿纪德的调调儿 |
[07:38] | and a hearty nod to Clifford Odets! | 充斥着对克里夫·欧戴兹的无比敬意 |
[07:42] | I meant which theater? | 我是问哪家剧院 |
[07:43] | Oh! The Roundabout. | 是环岛剧场 |
[07:47] | That seems appropriate. | 确实挺适合在那儿演的 |
[07:53] | You know, why don’t you people just keep talking amongst yourselves? | 你们先聊着 |
[07:56] | I will go and fetch the profiteroles. | 我去把奶油泡芙拿来 |
[07:57] | They were prepared by the hottest new pastry chef in… | 那可是最热门的糕点师傅亲手做的 |
[08:00] | oh, what’s the use? | 说这有啥用 |
[08:04] | I’ll help. He always overpowders. | 我去帮忙 他老把糖粉洒多 |
[08:08] | Yeah, I’m sure Old Man Kennedy felt this kind of pride | 他的儿子去打橄榄球的时候 |
[08:11] | when his boys would go out and play touch football. | 老肯尼迪肯定也像我现在一样骄傲 |
[08:14] | Now, Frasier, you know her better than I. | 听着 Frasier 你比我了解她 |
[08:16] | Is that what she looks like when she’s writhing in envy? | 这是她妒火中烧时的样子吗 |
[08:18] | Oh, shut up. | 闭嘴吧你 |
[08:22] | All right, I admit you were right. | 好吧 我承认你是对的 |
[08:24] | Before she leaves here tonight, | 在她今晚离开之前 |
[08:25] | I am going to tell her | 我要向她坦言 |
[08:27] | how much pain she made me feel. | 她让我承受了多大的痛苦 |
[08:30] | The savage truth this time? | 是该说出残忍的事实了 |
[08:31] | There will be no sugarcoating it! | 不会再有糖衣了 |
[08:34] | And yes, I am aware of the irony! | 是的 我知道这是反话 |
[08:38] | Oh, it must be wonderful to see your words come to life like that. | 你写的剧本能被搬上大舞台 感觉一定棒极了 |
[08:42] | Oh yes. It’s a dream come true. | 是啊 就像梦想成真 |
[08:48] | Diane, are you OK? | Diane 你还好吗 |
[08:49] | Yes, I’m fine. Why? | 挺好啊 怎么了 |
[08:51] | Well, your cheek was kind of twitching. | 你的脸刚才在抽搐 |
[08:54] | It was? | 是吗 |
[08:55] | Oh well, it was probably fatigue. | 可能是我有点累吧 |
[08:57] | Where were we? | 我们说到哪儿了 |
[08:58] | Oh, I was asking about your play. | 我在说你的剧本呢 |
[09:00] | Oh, right! | 对啊 |
[09:01] | There it goes again, the twitch! | 又来了 又抽了 |
[09:05] | That was either a very large twitch or a very small seizure. | 那不是严重的抽搐就是小癫痫发作 |
[09:11] | You know, I’m not sure how much | 我现在不是很想 |
[09:13] | i really want to talk about my play right now. | 谈论我的剧本 |
[09:21] | Bad luck and all that! | 会带来霉运的 |
[09:24] | We all know what a struggle it is to get Diane to talk about herself. | 我们都清楚 让Diane谈论自己有多难 |
[09:31] | Oh Frasier, you always could kid! | Frasier 你总能开得了玩笑 |
[09:34] | How I miss that! | 我好怀念这点 |
[09:46] | Look, Diane, please, I… I really didn’t mean anything by it. | Diane 拜托 我没有别的意思 |
[09:49] | I’m sorry? | 对不起 |
[09:50] | Not that! It’s my whole life, it’s ruined! | 和那个无关 是我的人生 全毁了 |
[09:55] | Niles, could you please get her some water? | Niles 你能给她拿些水来吗 |
[09:57] | Of course, of course. | 当然 当然 |
[09:59] | Oh, everything I told you tonight is a lie. | 今晚我说的所有事都是谎言 |
[10:04] | I’m sorry for this. | 很抱歉 |
[10:07] | Oh, I must look just awful. | 我看起来一定糟糕极了 |
[10:10] | Your cheek stopped jumping. | 起码你脸不跳了 |
[10:17] | All right, now. Tell me what happened. | 好了 告诉我发生什么了 |
[10:20] | Was it about your play? | 和你的戏有关吗 |
[10:21] | There it goes again! | 又抽了 |
[10:25] | Look, would you people please just give us some privacy?! | 麻烦你们 能不能给我们些私人空间 |
[10:27] | Yes, sure. | 好的 当然 |
[10:33] | All right now. | 现在好了 |
[10:36] | From the beginning. | 从头说起吧 |
[10:39] | Well, it all started a few months ago when I lost my job. | 这一切都始于几个月前我丢了工作 |
[10:44] | I’d been writing for “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.” | 我一直在写<女医生>的剧本 |
[10:49] | I was on the set one day, | 有一天我在片场 |
[10:51] | and I was trying to show Jane Seymour the proper way | 想教简·西摩尔怎么用烙铁 |
[10:53] | to cauterize a wound with a branding iron, | 灼烧消毒伤口 |
[10:57] | and I accidentally set her hair on fire. | 却不小心点着了她头发 |
[11:04] | Well, from there it was a steady slide downhill. | 自此之后 我的人生开始走下坡路 |
[11:08] | A two-year relationship ended. | 一段两年的感情结束了 |
[11:11] | I lost the beach house, | 我和沙滩别墅也说再见了 |
[11:13] | friends stopped calling, | 朋友们不再给我打电话 |
[11:14] | the one bright spot was my play in Seattle. | 唯一的曙光就是我在西雅图的这出戏 |
[11:18] | Well, I flew up here yesterday | 结果我昨天飞到这里 |
[11:21] | only to find that the backer was pulling out. | 却发现赞助者要撤出资金了 |
[11:25] | I was so distraught | 我心烦意乱 |
[11:26] | I found myself wandering around the city in complete despair. | 我绝望地在街上乱晃 |
[11:31] | It’s then that like a ray of hope from heaven, | 那时一道来自天堂的希望曙光射来 |
[11:35] | I saw your smiling face on the side of a bus. | 我在公交的侧面看到了你微笑的脸庞 |
[11:42] | And that’s why I’m here today. | 这就是今天我为什么来 |
[11:46] | You helped me the only other time I was this low. | 上一次我在低谷时 是你帮了我 |
[11:49] | Frasier, I’m asking for your help again. | Frasier 我求你再帮我一次 |
[11:55] | Of course I’ll help you, Diane. | 我当然会帮你 Diane |
[11:57] | Frasier Oh, Frasier… | |
[12:00] | Well, that was a bit scary. | 刚才真吓人 |
[12:02] | I’ll say watching someone go completely crackers like that. | 我觉得更像亲眼看见一个人精神错乱 |
[12:07] | What’s the matter with you now? | 你又出什么毛病了 |
[12:08] | Nothing, I’m fine. | 没有 我没事 |
[12:09] | Just suddenly missing my Maris. | 就是突然想我的Maris了 |
[12:22] | My God, Niles, it’s such a glorious day! | 老天 Niles 多好的一天啊 |
[12:25] | I walked all the way here. | 我步行过来的 |
[12:26] | Thirty-two blocks, and Bruno Maglis be damned! | 整整32条街 穿着天价鞋我也不在乎 |
[12:30] | Oh yes, I see the look, | 我看见你这表情了 |
[12:32] | I know exactly what it means too. | 我知道你什么意思 |
[12:33] | How could I very well say “No” to Diane? | 我怎么可能拒绝Diane呢 |
[12:35] | She came to me in crisis. | 她可是身处危机 |
[12:36] | Oh, excuse me, a double cappuccino, please, | 不好意思 请给我一杯双份卡布奇诺 |
[12:38] | light cinnamon, thank you very much. | 加少许肉桂 非常感谢 |
[12:41] | Oh, you know, the change in Diane has really been quite gratifying. | Diane的改变真令人高兴 |
[12:45] | Dropped her off at the theater today, | 我今天把她送到剧院门口 |
[12:47] | and there was a smile on her face | 她的脸上浮现出了一丝微笑 |
[12:49] | that I haven’t seen in… | 我已经是 |
[12:51] | well, far too many years. | 多年未见了 |
[12:54] | Oh, I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[12:55] | Where did she get the money to do the play? | 她哪儿来的钱去做这场剧 |
[12:56] | Well, she found a backer! | 她找到了赞助者 |
[13:00] | It’s tax deductible! | 投资是免税的 |
[13:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:05] | Oh, why don’t you just go ahead and say what you’re thinking, Niles? | 你干嘛不把你想的说出来呢 Niles |
[13:07] | That I’m falling for her again. | 你觉得我再一次爱上了她 |
[13:09] | “Well, you did bounce in here as though you were on top of the world, | “你确实是欣喜若狂地一路蹦跶过来的 |
[13:12] | and babbling about her smile”? | 还喋喋不休 说着她的微笑” |
[13:13] | I just don’t want to hear it, Niles! | 我就是不愿意听这话 Niles |
[13:15] | I’m simply helping her to get back on her feet | 我只是在帮助她自力更生 |
[13:17] | and out of my life as quickly as possible. | 然后再尽快离开我的生活 |
[13:19] | No, I don’t know how long it’s going to take. | 不 我不知道会花多长时间 |
[13:22] | Look, I said I don’t know! | 我说了我也不知道 |
[13:23] | Oh, really, Niles! Curse you, | 真的 Niles 你真烦 |
[13:25] | you are the most infuriating busybody! | 你太爱管闲事了 |
[13:27] | I’m not sitting with you. | 我不和你坐一起了 |
[13:39] | It really is a lovely city. | 这座美好的城市啊 |
[13:42] | “Night, making all things dimly beautiful…” | “夜晚 让一切都朦胧得美丽” |
[13:47] | “…One veil over us both.” | “如同一条遮住我们二人的面纱” |
[13:50] | Cyrano? | <西哈诺> |
[13:52] | Eleven years later, we’re still on the same page. | 11年过去 我们还是能想到一块儿去 |
[13:55] | Frasier, these past few weeks, you’ve given so much of yourself to me. | Frasier 这几周你已经帮了我太多 |
[13:59] | I want to give the one gift I have to bestow. | 有一件礼物我必须要献给你 |
[14:03] | I want you to be the first person to see my play. | 我希望你能成为第一个观看我的戏的人 |
[14:06] | Will you come to dress rehearsal tonight? | 今晚你能来看预演吗 |
[14:08] | Diane, I’d be honored. | Diane 这是我的荣幸 |
[14:09] | Oh, wonderful, wonderful! | 太好了 太好了 |
[14:11] | Give me a second. | 等我一下 |
[14:12] | Are you sure you’re ready for this? | 你确定你已经准备好了 |
[14:14] | Oh yes, it’s time. | 是的 是时候了 |
[14:17] | Tonight, I bare myself to you. | 今晚 我会将自己毫无保留地献给你 |
[14:23] | Big step, Diane. | 真是迈出了一大步啊 Diane |
[14:24] | Oh well, i have to say I’m a little nervous about it. | 其实 我还是有点儿紧张的 |
[14:28] | But, barring any lighting or prop problems, | 但是不算上灯光道具的话 |
[14:31] | the whole thing will be over in a couple of hours. | 这事在几小时内就能结束 |
[14:32] | Hello! People still in the house here! | 哈喽 屋里还有别人哪 |
[14:39] | Meet me at the theater at seven | 7点钟在剧院和我会合 |
[14:42] | I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve you. | 不知道我做了什么 值得你对我这么好 |
[14:53] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿 老爸 |
[14:54] | Listen, it’s none of my business, | 听着 虽然这不关我的事 |
[14:56] | but you’re not falling for her again, are you? | 但你不是又爱上她了吧 |
[15:00] | What if I were? | 是又怎么样 |
[15:01] | That woman dumped you at the altar. | 那女人在圣坛前甩了你 |
[15:03] | Oh, that was the old Diane. | 那是过去的Diane了 |
[15:05] | She no longer sees herself as the center of the universe. | 现在 她不再视自己为宇宙中心了 |
[15:09] | And I’m not the old Frasier anymore either. | 我也不是过去的Frasier了 |
[15:11] | People can change, Dad. | 人是可以改变的 老爸 |
[15:13] | Yeah, I suppose you’re right. | 是啊 我想你说得对 |
[15:15] | Take me for instance. | 就以我为例吧 |
[15:16] | The old Martin would have said, | 过去的Martin会说 |
[15:17] | “You’re out of your mind. | “你真是疯了 |
[15:19] | I’d rather see you go gay | 我宁愿你变成同性恋 |
[15:20] | and shack up with the punk who shot me | 和开枪打我的混蛋同居 |
[15:22] | than go off with her. | 也不愿看你跟她在一起 |
[15:26] | I’d rather see you sewed up inside the body of a dead horse.” | 我倒宁愿看你被缝在一匹死马身体里” |
[15:30] | But the new Martin just says, | 但现在的Martin只会说 |
[15:32] | “Vivia l’amour.” | “爱情万岁” |
[15:36] | The new Frasier resists the temptation to correct your French. | 现在的Frasier会忍住不纠正你的法语 |
[15:45] | Well, the stage is set, | 舞台布置好了 |
[15:48] | my players are prepared. | 演员们也准备就绪了 |
[15:49] | So, without further ado, | 那么 闲话少说 |
[15:51] | I give you “Rhapsody and Requiem”, | 为您呈上Diane Chambers的作品 |
[15:55] | a play by Diane Chambers. | “狂想曲与安魂曲” |
[16:09] | Boy, it sure is great having Mary Anne back. | Mary Anne能回来真是棒极了 |
[16:11] | Just wasn’t the same when she was gone. | 她已经不是离开时的她了 |
[16:13] | Yeah, well, you know, uh, recent studies | 是啊 最近约翰霍普金斯大学的 |
[16:15] | at John Hopkins University revealed… | 研究发现 |
[16:17] | that the expression “Absence makes the heart grow fonder,” | “两地相思情更浓”这句话 |
[16:21] | Is in actuality rooted in scientific bedrock. | 实际上有牢固的科学基础 |
[16:24] | Yeah, so’s your head. | 是啊 你的榆木脑袋也挺牢固的 |
[16:26] | Ease up there, Darla. | 积点儿嘴德 Darla |
[16:28] | Evenin’, everybody. | 大家伙儿晚上好 |
[16:30] | Hey there, Ned. What would you say to a beer? | 好啊 Ned 给你一杯啤酒 你会怎么着 |
[16:33] | What’s a nice beer like you doing in a face like this? | 你这香醇的啤酒咋就落到我嘴里了呢 |
[16:41] | Salutations, all. | 向大家致意 |
[16:43] | Hey there, Doc. What can I get you? | 你好啊 医生 要点儿什么 |
[16:45] | Ooh, a prickly choice, Stan. | 这选择可挺棘手 Stan |
[16:46] | It reminds me of the one the 18th-century wit | 这让我想起了在18世纪 |
[16:49] | John Wilkes faced when asked by the Earl of Sandwich… | 三明治伯爵问约翰·威尔克斯的问题 |
[16:51] | whether he expected to die on the gallows or of the pox. | 他是想死在绞刑架上 还是死于梅毒 |
[16:55] | “That depends, sir,” He said, | “那可不一定啊 先生” 他说 |
[16:56] | “On whether i choose to embrace your principles or your mistress.” | “得看我是选您的法律还是您的情妇了” |
[17:02] | Evening, people. | 大家晚上好 |
[17:04] | Mary Ann Mary-Ann! | |
[17:11] | I pour beer down people’s throats. | 我把啤酒灌入人们口中 |
[17:16] | I drink it. | 我将啤酒喝下 |
[17:20] | Our lives are empty. | 生活如此空虚 |
[17:22] | So what draws our feet here night after night? | 是什么夜夜将我们牵引至此 |
[17:26] | Mary-Ann. | 是Mary Ann |
[17:30] | Well, I’m off. | 好了 我要走了 |
[17:33] | See you anon, mi amore. | 再会 我的爱人 |
[17:36] | You bet, honey. | 当然 亲爱的 |
[17:38] | Hold it, stop! | 等等 停 |
[17:42] | What kind of a kiss was that? | 刚才那算什么吻啊 |
[17:43] | You two are supposed to be in love! | 你们在相爱啊 |
[17:46] | Well, I didn’t know how big you wanted it. | 我不知道你想我们吻得多深 |
[17:48] | Remember that kiss you gave me this morning? | 记得今早你给我的那个吻吗 |
[17:51] | Like this one? | 像这样 |
[17:58] | That’s the one. | 就是这样 |
[17:59] | OK, from the kiss! | 好了 从接吻开始 |
[18:02] | You bet, honey. | 当然 亲爱的 |
[18:10] | Forgive me, Franklin. | 请原谅我 Franklin |
[18:12] | I suppose that was a tad inconsiderate. | 之前我的做法有些不近人情 |
[18:15] | Quite all right. | 没关系的 |
[18:16] | A loving spirit like yours can’t be bridled. | 像你这般充满爱的心灵是无法被束缚的 |
[18:19] | But I did leave you at the altar. | 但我确实在圣坛离你而去 |
[18:21] | No, you know I hold no ill-will toward you for that. | 不 你知道我没有因此怀有恶意 |
[18:26] | Could we just stop for a second? | 可以暂停一会儿吗 |
[18:29] | This whole getting-left-at-the-altar thing, | 对于”在圣坛被抛弃”这种事 |
[18:31] | I just don’t know what I’m supposed to be feeling. | 我不知道该有怎样的情感 |
[18:33] | I may be able to illuminate that for you! | 我也许可以启发你一下 |
[18:40] | What you are feeling is that this woman has reached into your chest, | 你感到这个女人钻入你的胸口 |
[18:44] | plucked out your heart, | 掏出你的心脏 |
[18:45] | and thrown it to her hell-hounds for a chew toy! | 当作咀嚼玩具扔给她的地狱之犬 |
[18:51] | And it’s not the last time either! | 这还不算完哪 |
[18:52] | Because that’s what this woman is! She is the Devil! | 因为这个女人就是这样 她就是恶魔 |
[18:55] | There’s no use running away from her, | 逃离她是没用的 |
[18:57] | because no matter how far you go, | 因为无论你跑得有多远 |
[18:58] | no matter how many years you let pass, | 不管你已经放下了多少年 |
[19:00] | you will never be completely out of reach of those bony fingers! | 你永远不可能脱离那些魔爪 |
[19:06] | So drink hearty, Franklin, and laugh! | 去狂饮作乐吧 Franklin |
[19:09] | Because you have made a pact with Beelzebub! | 因为你已经与魔王定下了终身契约 |
[19:11] | And her name is Mary Anne! | 她的名字就是Mary Anne |
[19:27] | – Diane – Frasier – Diane. – Frasier. | |
[19:32] | I thought we should talk. | 我想我们需要谈谈 |
[19:33] | Well, yes, I think we should. | 是的 我也觉得 |
[19:34] | I tried to reach you at your home. | 我打到你家想找你 |
[19:36] | I was driving around. | 我在外面瞎兜风 |
[19:38] | I’m sorry if I in any way misled you about my feelings | 如果这几周里让你误会了我的感觉 |
[19:42] | these past few weeks. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:44] | You didn’t. | 你没有 |
[19:46] | I think I misled myself. | 我想是我误导了自己 |
[19:48] | Well, at the very least I obviously owe you an apology | 至少对于之前我们没能在一起 |
[19:52] | for the first time that things went awry between us. | 我欠你一个抱歉 |
[19:55] | That’s all right. | 没关系的 |
[19:56] | No, it was a time in my life when all… | 不 那时候我的一切都 |
[19:59] | No, Diane, it isn’t necessary. | 不 Diane 没有必要 |
[20:01] | The things I said… | 我说的那些话 |
[20:03] | well, they just needed saying. | 只是需要被说出来而已 |
[20:06] | Besides, I don’t really feel all that harshly. | 我也不觉得那些话有多刺耳 |
[20:09] | …and in retrospect, | 回顾过去 |
[20:10] | I’m reasonably sure that you are not the Devil | 我肯定你并不是恶魔 |
[20:16] | although he does have the power to assume pleasing shapes. | 尽管他确实有化身美女的魔力 |
[20:22] | Well, you should know I’ve decided to go back to Los Angeles. | 我想告诉你 我决定回洛杉矶了 |
[20:26] | Watching the play tonight through fresh eyes, | 今晚通过别人的视角来看这出戏 |
[20:28] | I… well, I just don’t think it’s ready. | 我觉得它还没有那么成熟 |
[20:33] | I’m sure things’ll work out fine. | 我相信一切都会好起来的 |
[20:36] | Well, I think I’ve said what I came to say. | 我要说的已经说完了 |
[20:41] | Frasier, um, before you go, | Frasier 在你走之前 |
[20:44] | there’s one last thing you could help me with, | 我还想让你帮我最后一件事 |
[20:46] | not that you haven’t helped me a lot already. | 虽然你已经帮我很多了 |
[20:49] | But, it’s the last scene, | 是最后一幕 |
[20:52] | where Franklin and Mary Anne say goodbye. | Franklin和Mary Ann道别 |
[20:54] | It’s never felt quite right to me. | 我总是觉得不对劲儿 |
[20:57] | I’d like her to stand… | 我希望她站在 |
[21:01] | oh, right about here | 就站在这儿 |
[21:02] | and tell him how much he’s meant to her | 告诉他 他对她有多么重要 |
[21:07] | and how she’ll never forget him. | 她永不会将他忘怀 |
[21:11] | How do you suppose… | 你觉得 |
[21:14] | “Franklin” would respond to that? | Franklin会怎么回应 |
[21:22] | Well, I suppose he’d … | 我想他会 |
[21:25] | …tell her that he feels the same way. | 告诉她 他也有同样的感觉 |
[21:29] | That she’s touched him in a way she can never imagine… | 她不知不觉中触动了他 |
[21:32] | …and he’s glad she was in his life. | 他很高兴她曾出现在生命中 |
[21:37] | All that would be left would be the “Goodbye.” | 所有这些都包含在那句”再见”里 |
[21:39] | How do you see that? | 你怎么看 |
[21:42] | Well, I suppose he could say, uh, | 也许他会说 |
[21:45] | “Until we meet again,” | “下次再会” |
[21:47] | probably certain that they never would. | 心里清楚可能再也见不着了 |
[21:51] | But mightn’t there be a part of him that hopes they would? | 难道他心中不希望再次相见吗 |
[21:57] | Oh, I suppose so, yes. | 我想是的 没错 |
[21:59] | All right, then, don’t have him sum things up. | 好了 别让他来总结了 |
[22:00] | Just let them say their goodbyes, | 就让他们相互道别 |
[22:02] | and if their paths happen to cross again, | 如果他们的人生再一次有了交集 |
[22:05] | so be it… | 那也顺其自然吧 |
[22:11] | Goodbye, Mary Anne. | 再见 Mary Anne |
[22:14] | Goodbye, Franklin. | 再见 Franklin |
[22:16] | Oh yes, that’s a perfect moment! | 是的 真是太完美了 |
[22:18] | Uncluttered by any extra words or phrases… | 无需再多一言半语 |
[22:20] | – Diane… – Oh shoot, I’ve blown it! | – Diane – 该死 又让我给毁了 |
[22:24] | All right, let’s try it again. | 好了 再来一次 |
[22:34] | Goodbye, Diane. | 再见 Diane |
[22:38] | Goodbye, Frasier. | 再见 Frasier |
[22:54] | Force of habit. | 习惯使然 |
[22:59] | I’ve been doing it all week. | 这傻事儿我都干了一周了 |