时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Hey, Daphne! You seen Eddie? | 嘿 Daphne 你看见Eddie了没 |
[00:12] | No, I haven’t. | 没看见 |
[00:13] | It just doesn’t feel right | 早上要是没有它把我舔醒 |
[00:14] | to start the day without him licking me awake. | 总感觉缺了点什么呢 |
[00:16] | Well, don’t look at me. | 别指望着我会替Eddie舔你 |
[00:20] | Morning, all. Daphne, I got treats! | 大家早 Daphne 我买了点心了 |
[00:23] | What the hell are you doing with him? | 你怎么跟它凑一块儿了 |
[00:24] | We went for a walk. | 我们散步去了 |
[00:25] | I’m talking to Eddie. | 我问Eddie呢 |
[00:33] | When I saw what a beautiful day it was, I headed for the park. | 我看今天天气很好 就准备去公园了 |
[00:36] | Of course, the only people in the park at this hour | 当然了 这个时间在公园里溜达的 |
[00:37] | of the morning without dogs are winos | 手里要是没条狗 准得被认为是酒鬼 |
[00:39] | and that guy in the harem pants | 要不就是那个穿着居家裤用喷泉 |
[00:40] | that washes his hair in the fountain. He says hello, by the way. | 洗头的家伙 对了 他托我跟你问好 |
[00:44] | It is sort of nice out, isn’t it? | 今天天气不错啊 不是吗 |
[00:46] | Sort of nice? My God, | 只是不错而已吗 天呐 |
[00:47] | haven’t you people noticed this? | 你们都没发现吗 |
[00:48] | It’s incredible! Dad, you should feel this. | 是忒好了 爸 你感受下 |
[00:51] | It’s eighty degrees outside and it’s the middle of February! | 外面气温26度 而现在才2月中旬 |
[00:54] | Oh, it is beautiful, and in the middle of such a terrible winter. | 天气真好 还是在这个可怕的冬季 |
[00:59] | Oh, I love nature’s little aberrations: | 我真喜欢自然开的小差 |
[01:01] | warm days in winter, four leaf clovers, Australians… | 冬日暖阳啦 四叶草啦 澳大利亚人啦 |
[01:08] | Yes, it is glorious. | 是啊 太美好了 |
[01:09] | It defies you not to take a | 要是不赞美一下大自然的 |
[01:09] | moment to acknowledge the power that created it. | 奇异力量 真说不过去 |
[01:12] | Thank you, global warming! | 感谢全球变暖 |
[01:16] | Hey Frasier, think your guy down at the liquor store | 嘿 Frasier 楼下跟你很熟的卖酒伙计能不能 |
[01:18] | could send a bottle of Scotch to my buddy Jimmy in Montana? | 帮着寄瓶威士忌给我在蒙大拿的朋友Jimmy |
[01:21] | Sure, Dad. What’s the occasion? | 行啊 老爸 怎么了 |
[01:23] | Today’s his sixteenth birthday. | 今天是他第16个生日 |
[01:25] | Oh well, you’ll want to throw in a hooker too, won’t you? | 那威士忌哪够 你不得再送个姑娘过去 |
[01:29] | No, don’t you get it? It’s February 29th. | 不是 傻了吧 今天是2月29号 |
[01:30] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[01:31] | It’s a leap year. | 今年是闰年 |
[01:32] | Right. | 对 |
[01:33] | He only gets a birthday every four years. | 他四年才过一个生日 |
[01:34] | I get it dad. | 我明白了 爸 |
[01:35] | – He’s really sixty-four. – I can do the math. | – 他其实已经64岁了 – 我自己能算 |
[01:38] | Jimmy’s having a big shindig tonight. | Jimmy今晚要办一个大酒会 |
[01:40] | A lot of guys from the force fly in for it. | 部队里好多人都要飞过去参加 |
[01:43] | Everybody drinks a lot of beer, and | 大家痛饮啤酒 |
[01:45] | then they have a contest to see who’s got the biggest scar. | 然后比赛谁的伤疤最大 |
[01:48] | You know, this year I had a real good chance | 今年我很有可能会赢 |
[01:50] | of winning it now that “Shark Bait” O’Reilly’s finally died. | 因为”鲨鱼饵” O’Reilly 去世了 |
[01:58] | So, why aren’t you going? | 那你为什么不去呢 |
[02:00] | Yeah Dad, you should go. | 是啊 老爸 你应该去的 |
[02:01] | Ah, Montana’s too far away. | 嗨 蒙大拿太远了 |
[02:03] | Well Dad, his birthday only comes around once every four years. | 老爸 他四年才过一次生日 |
[02:06] | As a matter of fact, this day only comes around every four years. | 对吧 这个日子四年才有一次 |
[02:10] | Hmm, you know it’s like a free day, a gift. | 就像是赠送的一天 是个礼物 |
[02:12] | We should do something special, be bold. | 我们应该大胆尝试新鲜事物 |
[02:14] | It’s leap year, take a leap! | 闰年就是要寻求突破 |
[02:16] | You know, I was just about to say the same thing to you. | 我也正想对你说这句呢 |
[02:23] | Your son’s right. | 你儿子说的对 |
[02:24] | You shouldn’t be afraid to shake up your routine a little bit. | 别害怕偶尔的小变化打乱你的常规生活 |
[02:27] | Hey, I don’t see you taking any big leaps today. | 嘿 我也没见你今天有什么重大变化啊 |
[02:29] | If there was something I wanted to do, I would do it. | 如果我有想做的 我就会去做 |
[02:32] | Well, you’re always whining about wanting to change your hair. | 你不是一直咕囊着说要换发型 |
[02:34] | I don’t whine! | 我没咕囊 |
[02:37] | “I’m so sick of me hair. | “我真受够了我的发型了 |
[02:39] | Do you think I should get it cut like Princess Di? | 你说我剪成戴妃那样如何 |
[02:43] | Ooh, do you think that’d make me cheeks look too fat? | 哦 那样是不是显脸大啊 |
[02:46] | That reminds me of the craziest thing | 这让我想起我奶奶常说的 |
[02:48] | me Grammy Moon used to say!” | 最疯狂的话 |
[02:52] | I’ll pay for the damn haircut if you stop yakking and just do it. | 如果你不唠叨这事了 我出钱让你去剪 |
[02:56] | Yes, well I’ll pay for you to go to Montana. | 行啊 那我出钱让你去蒙大拿 |
[02:59] | That’s not the one next to New Hampshire, is it? | 那个州不是在新罕布什尔旁边的那个吧 |
[03:02] | No. And Dad can pay for his own trip. | 不是那个 不过老爸自己可以出钱去 |
[03:04] | All right, then. And I can pay for me own haircut. | 好吧 那么我也能自己出钱理发 |
[03:07] | All right, Dad, back in your court. | 好了 老爸 回到你这边 |
[03:08] | Are you up to the leap year challenge? | 你准备好面对闰年挑战了吗 |
[03:11] | Ah….. | 啊 |
[03:12] | Dad, Jimmy’s already sixteen. | 爸 Jimmy都过第16个生日了 |
[03:15] | How many more birthdays is he going to have? | 他还能再过几个生日啊 |
[03:20] | You know, I would kind of hate | 确实 如果Jimmy端出大火腿 而我不在场 |
[03:21] | not being there when Jimmy brings out the big ham. | 这事让我有点郁闷 |
[03:28] | Oh, all right, what the hell, I’ll go. | 好吧 见鬼 我去 |
[03:30] | I’ll call the airlines after breakfast. | 吃完早饭我就订机票 |
[03:31] | That’s the spirit! | 这才是闰年精神 |
[03:32] | Hey, what’s your big leap year challenge? | 嘿 那你的闰年大计划是什么 |
[03:35] | Well, have you forgotten? | 你忘了吗 |
[03:35] | I’m singing “Buttons and | 我今晚要在PBS年度筹款 |
[03:36] | Bows” Tonight at the P.B.S. Pledge drive. | 节目上唱<绣扣与花结> |
[03:38] | You sung that same stupid song for the last three years. | 你过去三年都是唱的这个蠢透了的歌 |
[03:41] | Yes, but I’m doing something | 是啊 但是今年会有 |
[03:42] | remarkably fresh and different with it this year! | 创新和惊喜哦 |
[03:44] | You’re just blowing smoke, aren’t you? | 你就放烟雾弹吧 哼 |
[03:45] | Like a ’56 Rambler! | 就像56年产的漫步者汽车一样 |
[03:48] | Good morning, Niles! | 早上好 Niles |
[03:49] | Good? It’s glorious, heaven-sent! | 好 是阳光明媚 天赐好景啊 |
[03:51] | And you know why? Maris called! | 你知道为什么吗 Maris给我打电话了 |
[03:53] | She wants to get together with me this evening. | 她晚上想要见我 |
[03:56] | Oh Niles, that’s wonderful news! | Niles 这真是好消息 |
[03:57] | It’s high time you and Maris | 确实你和Mairs是时候 |
[03:58] | sat down and talked through your problems. | 坐下来好好谈谈你们的问题了 |
[03:59] | She doesn’t want to talk. | 她不是想谈 |
[04:01] | When she says “Get together” | 她说”见面”的意思是 |
[04:02] | She means in the “You wear the creme fraiche, | “你全身涂上鲜奶油 |
[04:03] | I’ll lick it off” Sense. | 我来舔掉它们”的意思 |
[04:08] | She’s cleared her schedule from 19:00 till 19:30, | 她腾出了晚上七点到七点半的时间 |
[04:10] | that means foreplay AND cuddling! | 所以前戏和事后拥吻一样也不拉 |
[04:14] | You know, Niles, remember when you were a kid | Niles 你记得小时候我和你妈妈 |
[04:16] | and your mother and I wouldn’t discuss the Cuban Missile Crisis | 从不在你面前讨论古巴导弹危机 |
[04:18] | in front of you because we knew it’d give you bad dreams? | 因为我们担心会让你做噩梦吗 |
[04:21] | Yes. | 记得 |
[04:22] | It’s a two-way street. | 现在是你感恩图报的时候了 |
[04:30] | Breakfast, Dr. Crane? | 吃早饭吗 Crane医生 |
[04:31] | Uh yes, thank you, Daphne. | 好啊 谢谢你 Daphne |
[04:32] | Niles, I don’t mind telling you, | Niles 我不怕告诉你 |
[04:34] | I’m a little bit concerned about this. | 这事让我有点担心 |
[04:36] | Maris claps her hands, you come running? | Maris拍拍手 你就跑过去了 |
[04:38] | Oh well, don’t forget | 别忘了这事 |
[04:39] | there’s a little something for me in this too. | 我也能有点好处的 |
[04:42] | I haven’t had sex in six months. | 我都六个月没做爱了 |
[04:43] | Oh, surely you’re exaggerating, | 你肯定夸张了 |
[04:44] | you’ve only been separated for three. | 你俩才分居三个月 |
[04:46] | And your point would be? | 你要表达的点在哪里 |
[04:55] | You really want to sacrifice | 你真想放弃自尊 |
[04:55] | your self-respect for a roll in the hay? | 就为了干柴烈火云雨一场 |
[04:58] | Substitute a 16th-century | 把干柴换成16世纪金边木质 |
[04:59] | giltwood fainting couch for hay and watch me roll! | 沙发 然后看我滚床单吧 |
[05:04] | Niles, you and Maris have | Niles 你和Maris都没有坐下来 |
[05:05] | not sat down and discussed your problems. | 好好谈谈你们的问题 |
[05:07] | As a psychiatrist you know that sex will only cloud the issues. | 作为心理医生 你知道性爱只会掩盖问题 |
[05:10] | You don’t realize how desperate I am. | 你不知道我有多绝望 |
[05:13] | Ever since our separation, I’ve been paying women to touch me. | 自从我俩分开后 我甚至花钱找女人摸我 |
[05:18] | Oh, Niles… | 哦 Niles |
[05:19] | Manicurists, pedicurists, facialists. | 美甲师 足疗师 面部护理师 |
[05:24] | Whenever you see a man who’s well-groomed, | 当你见到干净整洁的男人 |
[05:25] | you can bet he’s not getting any. | 就知道他绝对没性生活 |
[05:31] | Well, will you at least think about what I’ve said? | 你至少考虑一下我说的吧 |
[05:33] | I can’t. She’s leaving for Europe in the morning, | 不行 她明早就去欧洲了 |
[05:35] | so I have a very small window of opportunity. | 所以这机会转瞬即逝 |
[05:38] | Niles… you know I’m right. | Niles 你知道我说的对 |
[05:41] | You just don’t want me to have sex because you’re not having any! | 你不想我有性生活是因为你没有 |
[05:43] | I most certainly am too! | 你胡说 |
[05:45] | Your lips say yes, but your cuticles speak volumes. | 你嘴上不认 你整洁的指甲却揭示了真相 |
[06:04] | Niles Niles… | |
[06:05] | Oh, you’re right. I’ll tell her no. | 好吧 你是对的 我告诉她我不去了 |
[06:10] | It’s not going to be easy, though. | 虽然这太难开口了 |
[06:11] | Of course not. Just don’t think about sex. | 没有呀 别想着性爱就好了 |
[06:15] | Would you like me to butter your buns for you, Dr. Crane? | 要在面包上涂点黄油吗 Crane医生 |
[06:24] | Grandma in a teddy. | 穿着连衫衬裤的奶奶 |
[06:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:39] | You’re all mine in buttons and bows! | *你是我的绣扣与花结* |
[06:43] | Oh God, it must be P.B.S. Pledge time again. | 天呐 肯定又到了PBS筹款的时候了 |
[06:46] | Roz, it is a wonderful day. | Roz 多好的一天啊 |
[06:48] | You know, I think the entire | 整个西雅图都沉浸在 |
[06:50] | city of Seattle is convinced it’s springtime. | 春天来了的感觉里 |
[06:52] | I was walking down the street, I passed a pet store, | 我来的时候路过一家宠物店 |
[06:54] | and in the window I could see two snakes doing a mating dance. | 透过橱窗看见两条蛇在跳求偶舞 |
[06:59] | If you ask me, celebrating a dance that brings | 要我说 庆祝把更多的蛇带到世界上的舞蹈 |
[07:00] | more snakes into the world is like toasting a law school graduation. | 就像庆祝法学院的毕业典礼 |
[07:08] | Well, I can see the unseasonable | 我发现无季节性的好天气 |
[07:09] | sunshine has done nothing to improve your mood. | 一点没让你有好心情啊 |
[07:12] | Well, how would you feel if you just lost the love of your life? | 你要是失去挚爱会是什么心情啊 |
[07:15] | Well, alimony aside, I found it rather liberating. | 不考虑赡养费的话 我觉得挺自由的 |
[07:19] | My car wouldn’t start, so I had to take the bus. | 我的车坏了 所以我去坐公交 |
[07:22] | And we’re all crowded on there, | 人特别多 |
[07:24] | when suddenly I smell Lagerfeld, and I… | 我突然闻到拉格斐香水味 |
[07:27] | I look up, and there he is. | 然后我一抬头 就看到了他 |
[07:30] | Carl Lagerfeld? | 卡尔·拉格斐 |
[07:34] | His name is Gary. I don’t know his last name. | 他叫Gary 我不知道他姓什么 |
[07:37] | Anyway, we got to talking, | 总之 我们开始聊天 |
[07:38] | and you know, we were really connecting. | 我们真的很心有灵犀 |
[07:40] | I started to believe in kismet. | 我觉得这就是缘分啊 |
[07:42] | And all of a sudden, all these people | 突然到站了 好多人要下车 |
[07:43] | want to get off the bus, and I’m in their way, so I get off | 而我挡着他们了 所以我先下去 |
[07:45] | to let them out, and before I can get back on, | 让他们下 但是我还没上去呢 |
[07:47] | the damn bus drives off…! Out of my life, forever. | 该死的车就开走了 永远的离开了我 |
[07:50] | I’m sure another one would have come along in ten minutes or so. | 我确定十分钟左右还会来一个 |
[07:54] | I’m talking about the guy. | 我是说那个男人 |
[07:55] | So am I. | 我说的也是啊 |
[07:59] | You don’t get it, Frasier. I mean, | 你没明白我的意思 Frasier |
[08:01] | I really felt this guy was the one. | 我真的觉得他就是我的真命天子 |
[08:04] | Roz, if you really want to try to find him again, | Roz 如果你真想找到他的话 |
[08:06] | you know we do reach half a million listeners. | 我们可是有50万听众 |
[08:07] | Why don’t you just tell your story on the air? | 你直播一下你的故事如何 |
[08:10] | On the air? Oh, I couldn’t do that, | 直播 不行不行 |
[08:12] | it would make me look pathetic. | 我成什么人了 可怜可悲 |
[08:14] | Oh, it’s too bizarre, it’s too needy. | 太诡异了 太饥渴了 |
[08:16] | It’s two o’clock. | 已经两点了 |
[08:17] | Oh my God! | 天呐 |
[08:22] | A glorious good afternoon, Seattle. This is Dr. | 西雅图阳光明媚的午后 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[08:25] | Frasier Crane. I’m thinking a lot today about leap year. | 今天我一直在想闰年的事 |
[08:29] | Today is February 29th, | 今天是2月29号 |
[08:31] | and although it isn’t an official holiday, | 虽然这不是法定假日 |
[08:33] | perhaps it could be looked upon as one in a metaphorical sense. | 但这个日子很有重大节日的寓意 |
[08:36] | Just as Christmas reminds us to be generous of spirit, | 正如圣诞节让我们想到慈悲 |
[08:39] | so leap year reminds us to take a leap in our own lives. | 闰年则让我们想到突破自我 |
[08:44] | To be bold, try something new. | 大胆一些 寻求创新 |
[08:46] | Too often we shrink from doing things we really want to, | 我们常常畏首畏尾 不敢去做真正想做的事 |
[08:49] | held back by… oh, appearing foolish, perhaps… Roz? | 就是因为看起来会很傻 是吧 Roz |
[08:58] | Is there anything you’d like to say before we start taking calls? | 在节目开始之前 你有没有什么想说的 |
[09:06] | No. | 没有 |
[09:10] | I’m reminded of a quotation by John Greenleaf Whittier: | 我想起John Greenleaf Whittier的诗 |
[09:12] | “For all sad words of tongue or pen, | “对于所有唇齿间笔墨中的悲伤 |
[09:14] | the saddest are these: “It might have been”… Roz? | 最无法释怀的就是 假如当时我” Roz |
[09:25] | No. | 没有 |
[09:27] | Did you know that a woman over the age of thirty has | 你们知道女人过了30岁之后 |
[09:30] | less chance of getting married than of being killed in a terrorist attack? | 结婚的可能性比遇上恐怖袭击还小吗 |
[09:41] | This is to Gary. | 我想对Gary说 |
[09:42] | I was on the Number Seven bus around noon, | 我中午的时候在7路车上 |
[09:44] | and you were a stockbroker with a tan briefcase | 你是股票经纪人 拿着褐色公文包 |
[09:48] | and a cleft chin, and the | 下巴上有沟痕 |
[09:50] | bus was really crowded and we both reached | 车上很挤 我们都去抓手环 |
[09:52] | for the hand strap and our hands touched and we laughed and | 我们的手碰到了 然后就都笑了 |
[09:56] | you said I had a really great laugh and I said you had | 你说我笑的很美 我说你笑的很帅 |
[09:58] | a really great laugh and we laughed at that… | 我们就又笑了 |
[10:02] | Anyway, uh, you asked me if I were free on Friday, | 总之 你问我周五有空吗 |
[10:05] | but we got separated before I could give you my phone number, | 但是我还没给你电话呢就被挤开了 |
[10:08] | which I would have because I | 我应该给你的 因为 |
[10:09] | really liked you and I thought you were cute. | 我很喜欢你 你太可爱了 |
[10:13] | So Gary, if you’re listening, please, please give us a call. | 所以Gary 如果你在听 请拨打热线 |
[10:18] | We’ll be right back after these words. | 我们广告之后见 |
[10:20] | Oh my God, oh my God! How could I say “I really | 天呐 天呐 我怎么能说”我很喜欢你 |
[10:22] | liked you and I thought you were cute”..Who am I, Marcia Brady?! | 你太可爱了”呢 我谁啊 脱线大姐吗 |
[10:29] | Well, we’ll be right back for more calls, | 广告之后 马上回来 |
[10:32] | and more on the search for Gary, after this news break. | 我们会接听更多电话并继续寻找Gary |
[10:36] | Good news! I’ve figured out | 好消息 我找到既可以做爱 |
[10:38] | a way I can have sex and we can all be happy! | 又能让你开心的办法了 |
[10:42] | As I pause to make sure the “ON AIR” Light is off, continue. | 我要确定一下直播灯灭了 继续 |
[10:48] | Well, I was driving down the freeway trying hard | 我在高速上的时候努力不让自己留意 |
[10:51] | not to notice the provocative decals truckers have on their mud flaps | 那些卡车脏兮兮的车身上的热辣标语 |
[10:58] | when I heard your little | 但当我听到你的那些关于 |
[10:59] | speech about breaking out of familiar patterns. | 打破现有模式的演说的时候 |
[11:01] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[11:02] | Well, sleeping alone has been my pattern! | 独守空房就是我的模式 |
[11:04] | I’m ready to take a leap! | 我准备好要突破了 |
[11:06] | No, you’re not. | 你没准备好 |
[11:07] | Okay, not a leap, but you’ve got to give me something. | 好吧 不算突破 但你得鼓励鼓励我啊 |
[11:09] | A hop, a bound. Gimme a jump, oh God-! | 蹦了一下 跳了一下 蹦跶了一下 天呐 |
[11:11] | Niles, will you just get a grip! | Niles 你能不能冷静点 |
[11:15] | If you thought being with Maris | 你要觉得跟Maris一起是对的 |
[11:16] | was the right thing to do, you’d be there with her. | 你早就去找她了 |
[11:18] | You know it’s wrong. That’s why you’re here, | 你知道不对 所以你才来这 |
[11:19] | asking for my permission. | 请求我的许可 |
[11:21] | Frasier, Frasier, what if we don’t have sex? | Frasier Frasier 要是我们不上床呢 |
[11:23] | What if we just snuggle? | 要是我们只是相互依偎呢 |
[11:24] | Whoops, excuse me! | 哇哦 不好意思啊 |
[11:27] | Roz…I never noticed what a perky little walk you have. | Roz 我之前怎么没发现你走路这么可爱 |
[11:31] | Niles, get back! You just stop that! Niles Get control. | Niles 回来 快停下 Niles 你能控制点不 |
[11:41] | My God, man, there are far more important | 我的天呐 大哥 有很多事比满足 |
[11:42] | things here than simple immediate physical gratification. | 基本的生理需求重要多了 |
[11:45] | You’re right, I…I just have | 你说的对 我 我必须要 |
[11:47] | to martial my self-discipline and…and be strong. | 加强自我约束 变得更强大 |
[12:08] | Fifteen seconds. | 还有15秒 |
[12:09] | Oh. | 哦 |
[12:10] | What is wrong with your brother today? | 你弟弟这是怎么了 |
[12:11] | Oh, ignore him. | 别理他 |
[12:12] | You know, human nature never ceases to amaze me. | 人的天性真是不断给我惊喜啊 |
[12:14] | How otherwise rational people can | 理性的人怎么就因为荷尔蒙 |
[12:16] | be turned into babbling ninnies by their hormones. | 变成了喋喋不休的傻瓜了 |
[12:18] | Oh my god! It’s Gary! Oh my god! It’s him, it’s him! | 我的天呐 是Gary 我的天呐 是他 他来了 |
[12:30] | Well, we’re back. | 欢迎回来 |
[12:32] | You’ll all be glad to know that Cupid’s arrow has hit its mark. | 很高兴告诉大家丘比特之箭射对了地方 |
[12:35] | Gary has just arrived in the hallway, | Gary刚刚到了走廊 |
[12:37] | and has a big bouquet of flowers for Roz. | 送了Roz一大束花 |
[12:41] | You know, the truth is, I’m really | 事实上 我很高兴看到 |
[12:42] | quite delighted with the way things have turned out today. | 今天发生的这些事情 |
[12:44] | It inspires me to take a little leap of my own. | 让我也想要突破一下自我 |
[12:48] | As many of you know, this evening, for the third | 你们都知道 今晚 我将要第三次 |
[12:51] | year in a row I will be appearing on the P.B.S. Pledge drive… | 出现在PBS的年度筹款节目中 |
[12:54] | You know, I was getting a little nervous, | 听到你在直播节目里那样 |
[12:55] | the way you were describing me on the air. | 描述我 我特别紧张 |
[12:57] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:58] | Well, my wife listens to the show. | 我妻子也在听节目 |
[13:00] | You’re married? | 你结婚了 |
[13:01] | Yeah, but it’s okay. I still want to go out with you. | 是啊 但是没关系 我还是想跟你约会 |
[13:06] | So, instead of Buttons and Bows,I have | 所以 我不唱<绣扣与花结>了 而是唱 |
[13:09] | chosen to sing a very challenging aria from Verdi’s Rigoletto – | 威尔第的<弄臣>中的一首高难度的咏叹调 |
[13:14] | something I have never attempted outside the shower. | 一首我只敢在洗澡时候唱的歌 |
[13:18] | I certainly hope my little gamble turns out as well as Roz’s has. | 真希望我这次尝试能像Roz一样成功 |
[13:34] | Or even better. | 或者更成功 |
[13:46] | Oh, God! | 我的天呐 |
[13:47] | Well, perhaps they’ll pledge to get you to stop singing. | 为了让你不唱了 大家应该会踊跃捐款吧 |
[13:53] | Oh, and by the way, thanks so much for the cold shower tip. | 对了 谢谢你泼我的冷水 |
[13:55] | Did it work? | 起作用了 |
[13:56] | No, it did not. It’s clearly an old wives tail, | 不 没起 这是旧人的暗示 |
[13:58] | because I’m still thinking of my old wife’s tail. | 因为我还在怀念旧人 |
[14:02] | Yes, well I suppose it stood to reason being | 是啊 显而易见这冷水 |
[14:04] | showered with coldness would only bring Maris more to mind. | 泼的你更想念Maris了 |
[14:08] | Keep making remarks like that, I won’t help you rehearse. | 你再说一句 我就不帮你排练了 |
[14:10] | Oh, I’m sorry, Niles. | 我错了 Niles |
[14:11] | It’s just that I’m awfully nervous. | 我那么说是因为太紧张了 |
[14:13] | You know, as much as I admire your willingness to take a leap, | 虽然我非常欣赏你的勇气 |
[14:15] | I did warn you that you were getting into a dangerous aria. | 但我得警告你这次你有点走上“曲”途 |
[14:21] | Oh God, I’m using humor to mask sexual frustration. | 天呐 我竟然用玩笑掩饰我情路的不顺 |
[14:24] | It’s high school all over again. | 真是高中时代重现啊 |
[14:25] | Look Niles, I know it’s difficult, but Maris has got to | Niles 我知道这很难 但是Maris必须 |
[14:27] | learn that you’re not just someone who can be ordered to perform at will. | 明白你不是只知道遵守命令的人 |
[14:30] | Now sit, play! | 坐下 弹琴 |
[14:39] | Next time it looks like I’m going to | 下次我要是再听你的建议 |
[14:40] | follow a piece of your advice, shoot me in the head first! | 就先把我头爆了吧 |
[14:43] | Dad! Why aren’t you in Montana? | 爸 你怎么没到蒙大拿 |
[14:46] | Fifteen minutes out, a flock | 起飞15分钟 一群加拿大鹅 |
[14:47] | of Canadian geese flew into one of our engines. | 飞进了我们的引擎 |
[14:49] | They were the lucky ones! | 它们倒没事 |
[14:52] | Next thing you know, we’re falling five thousand feet. | 接下来 我们坠了5000英尺 |
[14:54] | Smokehouse almonds are flying everywhere, | 熏制杏仁飞的到处都是 |
[14:57] | people are screaming and hugging each other. | 人们尖叫 搂抱在一起 |
[14:59] | The guy in the next seat grabbed hold of my hand, | 我旁边的家伙抓住我的手 |
[15:01] | and you know what? I didn’t pull it away! | 你知道吗 我竟然没推开 |
[15:04] | Then our pilot comes out. | 然后机长出来了 |
[15:06] | Our landing gear’s out, we’re gonna | 说我们的起落架坏了 我们不得不迫降在 |
[15:07] | have to do an emergency belly landing in six feet of foam! | 6英尺厚的泡沫垫上 |
[15:10] | So, five hellish minutes later, we’re bouncing across the runway. | 所以 可怕的5分钟之后 我们弹落在跑道上 |
[15:15] | Then the stewardess comes out and | 女乘务员出来告诉我们 |
[15:16] | says we’re gonna have to go down the emergency slide. | 要从紧急通道出去 |
[15:19] | So down I go, headfirst into this sea of foam. | 我出去的时候脑袋先着地的 |
[15:22] | Last thing I remember, this fat lady rom across the | 我能记得的最后一件事就是 |
[15:24] | aisle comes barreling down the chute after me like a polyester avalanche! | 隔壁那个胖女人紧接着滚下来 像雪崩一样 |
[15:30] | My God, Dad, I am so sorry. | 我的天呐 爸 太对不起了 |
[15:32] | So-so, these stewardesses, were they also covered with foam? | 那 那 那些女乘务员 都沾满了泡沫 |
[15:36] | Will you stop it! | 你能不能闭嘴啊 |
[15:45] | Dad, if you’d like to talk about it, we’re both here for you. | 老爸 如果你想说点什么 我们俩都在呢 |
[15:50] | Boy, I tell you, times like this, you just… | 孩子 告诉你们 这种时刻 你们 |
[15:52] | all you can think of is your loved ones, | 满脑子想得都是你们爱的人 |
[15:55] | and how you wish you’d spent more time with them. | 希望能再跟他们多相处一会儿 |
[15:58] | Eddie Eddie! | |
[16:02] | Well, let’s get back to work. | 咱们继续练习吧 |
[16:03] | Mmm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[16:04] | I need something to take | 这个时候我必须要 |
[16:05] | my mind off the fact that at this very moment, | 找点事分散注意力 |
[16:07] | Maris is slipping out of her | Maris正在脱掉她的蕾丝边内衣 |
[16:08] | frilly under-things and into a non-fat milk bath. | 滑进脱脂牛奶浴里面 |
[16:15] | Is something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[16:16] | Yes, something’s wrong. | 对 有问题 |
[16:17] | Things turned out so badly for Roz and Dad today, | 今天Roz和爸的尝试都不成功 |
[16:20] | I’m just wondering if my little leap is ill-advised. | 我怀疑是不是我的建议不对 |
[16:24] | Oh, now… | 那 |
[16:25] | Maybe this aria thing won’t turn out so well, either. | 可能选这首咏叹调也是个错误吧 |
[16:27] | Just because theirs went wrong doesn’t mean yours will, too. | 他们不走运不代表你也会啊 |
[16:30] | Yeah… | 也对 |
[16:30] | They’re two isolated incidents. | 他们只是两起个例 |
[16:31] | All right. | 确实 |
[16:51] | Oh, will these infernal temptations never end?! | 这种恼人的引诱有完没完了啊 |
[16:58] | Oh, tell me the truth. Is it as bad as I think it is? | 跟我说实话 是不是像我想的那么丑 |
[17:05] | How… bad do you think it is? | 你想的 有多丑啊 |
[17:10] | Take a leap! Mr. Maurice hair-designer! Trust me! | 寻求突破 Maurice发型师 相信我 |
[17:16] | Children pointing! Your fault! | 孩子们都指着我看 都是你的错 |
[17:22] | Okay, that’s it. I can’t take it anymore, I’m leaving. | 好吧 够了 我忍不了了 我要走了 |
[17:25] | No, Niles! You can’t leave me now, I need you more now than ever. | 不 Niles 你不能走 我很需要你 |
[17:27] | Oh, give it up. No one who’s followed your | 放弃吧 信了你突破自我学说的人 |
[17:29] | little Take a leap philosophy has ended up even remotely better. | 就没有一个有好结果的 |
[17:32] | I don’t care what you’re saying, I’m going to Maris. | 我不管你说什么 我要去找Maris |
[17:37] | You will rue the day! | 你早晚会后悔的 |
[17:40] | I don’t care! Niles gotta have it! | 我不管 Niles必须得爽一把 |
[17:59] | Oh, Pete. | 哦 Pete |
[18:00] | Hi, Doc. I hear you’re doing something new this year. Whoa! | 嗨 医生 听说你今年有新花样 哇 |
[18:04] | What, is it too hard for you? | 怎么了 对你来说太难了 |
[18:06] | Me? No, I’m-I’m worried about you. | 我 不会啊 我是担心你 |
[18:07] | I can hit any note. See? | 调子多高我都能弹 你看 |
[18:11] | No, Lamb Chop’s not here. Big Bird isn’t here either. | 不 小羊排不在 大鸟也不在 |
[18:17] | What are you doing up so late? | 你这么晚不睡干嘛呢 |
[18:19] | Oh. Do you have your mommy’s credit card handy? | 你有你妈妈的信用卡吗 |
[18:24] | Have your mommy call us back later, bye-bye. | 让你妈妈给我们打电话 拜拜 |
[18:27] | Well, I guess your little aria must be coming up soon. | 我猜你的咏叹调马上要开始了吧 |
[18:31] | Yeah, along with some Veal Milanese | 是啊 跟米兰嫩羊排和 |
[18:33] | and a rather disappointing Chardonnay. | 不怎么地的夏敦埃酒一起 |
[18:36] | Oh, Roz, I hope you’re not still | Roz 我希望你不要因为我今天 |
[18:38] | angry with me for the way my advice backfired today? | 不怎么高明的建议跟我生气 |
[18:41] | Oh no, not at all! | 不会啊 怎么会呢 |
[18:43] | In fact, I’ve been meaning to tell | 其实 我正打算告诉你 |
[18:44] | you how much I admire you for what you’re doing tonight. | 对于你今晚的表现我是多么的欣赏 |
[18:48] | After watching me crash and burn like that, | 看到我如此崩溃之后 |
[18:50] | you’re going to go out and sing this very difficult song… | 你仍然要挑战这么难的歌 |
[18:53] | in a foreign language… under these | 还是外语歌 还是在这么惨白的 |
[18:55] | unflattering lights, with your clothes soaked with | 灯光下 还穿着被汗浸湿的衣服 |
[18:59] | sweat, on live television… | 还是在直播节目里 |
[19:00] | How long are you going to stay mad at me? | 你要跟我生气到什么时候 |
[19:02] | Until the day I get married. | 到我嫁出去为止 |
[19:04] | Yo, Doc, Doc! Please, please, I’ve been | 喂 医生 医生 快来 快来 |
[19:08] | going over your music, and when we get to this section here, | 我弹了一遍曲子 发现到这一节的时候 |
[19:10] | either I can play really loud, or jab you with a pin, because | 我必须弹得超大声或者拿针扎你 |
[19:13] | between you and me, | 咱哥俩就别藏着掖着了 |
[19:13] | you’re not hitting this note without a pole vault. | 你就是撑着杆也唱不出这么高的音 |
[19:17] | Ten seconds, Dr. Crane. | 倒计时10秒 Crane医生 |
[19:20] | That’s it! That’s it! I’m not doing the aria! | 够了 够了 我不唱了 |
[19:23] | What? You’re backing out after | 什么 在你让我们去愚蠢的突破之后 |
[19:25] | you made all of us take those stupid leaps? | 你自己倒想退出了是吗 |
[19:27] | You bet I am! It may be an | 当然 从自身的 |
[19:28] | unwise man who doesn’t learn from his own mistakes, | 错误里得到教训也许不容易 |
[19:30] | but it’s an absolute idiot that doesn’t learn from other people! | 但从别人的错误里得不到教训的就是傻子 |
[19:34] | But you promised all your listeners! | 但是你答应了你的听众的 |
[19:37] | Oh, what’s the difference?! Who watches P.B.S.?! | 咳 能怎么样 谁会看PBS |
[19:44] | I’ll tell you who: discerning, cultured viewers, like yourselves. | 我来告诉你谁 就是敏锐的 有文化的观众 比如你们 |
[19:50] | Hello, I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 大家好 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[19:51] | And like yourselves, I care about quality programming, | 与你们一样 我十分关心节目的品质 |
[19:54] | such as foreign films, classical music, opera ? | 比如外语片 古典音乐 歌剧 |
[19:58] | which is why I intended to sing a | 这就是为什么我想要挑战一首 |
[19:59] | rather challenging piece: an aria from Verdi’s Rigoletto. | 高难度的咏叹调 选自威尔第的<弄臣> |
[20:03] | But, who am I to ignore the dozens of | 但是 我怎么可以忽略那么多 |
[20:08] | phone calls that have come in requesting my signature piece, | 打进热线听众 要求我唱我的成名曲 |
[20:11] | a rather charming little ditty that I | 那首更加欢快的小调 三年前 |
[20:13] | first sang three years ago on Classic Western Movie Week. | 我在西方古典电影周上第一次唱过的 |
[20:18] | So without further ado, | 话不多说 请欣赏我带来的 |
[20:19] | I give you Buttons and Bows,?From Paleface. | <苍白的面孔>的主题曲 <绣扣与花结> |
[20:25] | Maestro, please? | 大师 可以开始了吗 |
[20:29] | East is East, and West is West | *东即是东 西也还是西* |
[20:31] | And the wrong one I have chose | *可我却选了错的人* |
[20:34] | Let’s go where you keep on wearing those- | *可否与你去到那身穿* |
[20:37] | *Da da dahs boppa dohs* Da da dahs, and boppa dohs, | |
[20:39] | Things and buttons, buttons and bows! | *服饰与绣扣 绣扣与花结* |
[20:44] | Don’t bury me, uh ?Lovely pea, | *不要埋葬我 温柔的小豌豆* |
[20:46] | Something, la-la-la! | *还有什么 la la la* |
[20:49] | Let’s all go to a… taco show, and | *与我一同去看玉米卷演出* |
[20:51] | and a how I love, such and thrush, | *我是多么喜欢 什么和画眉鸟* |
[20:54] | blow my nose, | *擤鼻子* |
[20:55] | You look great in buttons and bows! | *你穿着绣扣与花结 是多么的美丽* |
[20:58] | I love you in buckskin, | *而我也爱穿着鹿皮外套的你* |
[21:00] | *la da da da daaa* la da-da da-da daaaa! | |
[21:07] | Everybody! | 大家一起来 |
[21:09] | My bones denounce, the fearful trounce, | *我多么害怕 无情的斥责* |
[21:12] | and la-la la-la Moldic rose! | *la la la la 美丽的玫瑰花啊 * |
[21:15] | Ba-da Seuss, a palm caboose! | *ba da seuss 棕榈下的小厨房* |
[21:17] | and a panda hop, and pantyhose | *熊猫蹦蹦跳跳 连裤袜也出来* |
[21:20] | You look buppity, buttons and bows! | *你好像有点累了 穿着绣扣与花结* |
[21:35] | Oh, I bet this is one leap year | 我敢说这个闰年Crane医生 |
[21:36] | Dr.Crane won’t be sorry to see the back of! | 绝对永生难忘 |
[21:40] | Should we rewind it, so we can watch it again? | 我回看一下吧 再看一遍 |
[21:42] | No, no, not yet, let it finish first, | 别 别 现在还不用 先看完的 |
[21:45] | this is the verse where he REALLY loses it! | 这一段他完全摸不着头脑啦 |
[21:49] | *Bippity-boppity, hippity-dos* Bippity-boppity, hippity-dos | |
[21:51] | Something and something, and buttons and bows! | *什么和什么 绣扣与花结* |
[21:57] | Okay, now you can rewind it! | 好啦 你现在回看吧 |
[22:02] | Hey! | 嘿 |