时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Coming. | 来了 |
[00:11] | Oh, Dr. Crane | 噢 Crane医生 |
[00:13] | My God, after all our years together | 苍天啊 我们在一起那么久 |
[00:16] | all the good times, all the bad times | 同享乐 共患难 |
[00:18] | You can’t loan me a meager four thousand dollars? | 你都不肯借我区区四千块吗 |
[00:23] | You must appreciate | 你应该清楚 |
[00:24] | how hard it is for me to approach you about this. | 我拉下脸来跟你借钱多不容易呀 |
[00:27] | I thought I meant more to you than this, but apparently I don’t. | 我以为咱俩的交情不止如此 但显然我错了 |
[00:30] | And they call themselves “The friendly bank!” | 他们还有脸自诩”友邦银行” |
[00:35] | What do you need to borrow money for? | 你借钱要干嘛呢 |
[00:36] | I saw the most exquisite | 我看中了一张精妙绝伦的 |
[00:39] | Biedermeier footstool. | 彼德麦式样脚凳 |
[00:40] | For four thousand bucks? | 要四千块钱 |
[00:42] | Niles, your mother and I didn’t pay that much | Niles 我和你妈不到这个价就买下了 |
[00:43] | for our first house. | 我们的第一栋房子 |
[00:45] | I know, dad. I lived there. | 我知道 老爸 我以前住那儿 |
[00:48] | Well, I keep telling you, | 反正 我一直提醒你 |
[00:49] | you don’t have Maris’s money to throw around anymore. | 没了Mairs的钱 你不能再大手大脚的了 |
[00:51] | You’re going to have to start cutting back a little. | 你得开始减少开支啊 |
[00:53] | I have cut back. | 我已经在做了 |
[00:54] | Last month I told my masseur | 上个月我告诉按摩师 |
[00:55] | I could only see him once a week. | 以后只能一周去一次了 |
[00:57] | Oh, I remember that scene in “Grapes Of Wrath” | 哦 我记得<愤怒的葡萄>里 |
[00:59] | when Ma Joad did that. | 约德妈也像你这么”节省” |
[01:02] | You know, if you need to save a bit, | 知道吗 要是你想省钱 |
[01:04] | you should do what I do and cut out coupons. | 你就应该像我一样 搜集优惠券 |
[01:07] | Coupons. | 优惠券 |
[01:08] | Well, what a wonderful way to economize. | 真是个节俭的好办法 |
[01:11] | Well, I could clip them and give them to my personal shopper. | 我可以剪下来 给我的私人采购员 |
[01:15] | – Oh, Niles, good morning. – Hey. | – 哦 Niles 早上好 – 你好 |
[01:17] | Daphne, has Bebe Glazer called back yet? | Daphne Bebe Glazer打过电话来没有 |
[01:20] | ‘Fraid not. | 恐怕没有 |
[01:21] | You’re still consorting with that barracuda? | 你还在用那条梭子鱼吗 |
[01:24] | Well, a barracuda is what you want in an agent, Niles. | Niles 梭子鱼一样的经纪人可遇不可求 |
[01:27] | It’s just that the station’s been sold, | 因为电台被转手了 |
[01:29] | I was hoping she might have some scuttlebutt on the new owner. | 我想跟她打听一下新老板的八卦 |
[01:32] | I must admit she’s rather hard to get a hold of these days | 我得说最近要联系上她可难了 |
[01:35] | Oh, really? I thought one just drew a pentagram on the floor | 真的吗 我以为只要在地上画个五芒星 |
[01:38] | and chanted “I summon thee” Three times. | 然后默念三遍”我召唤你”就行了 |
[01:43] | – Hello, Roz. – Hey. | – 你好 Roz – 嗨 |
[01:44] | – Hi, Roz. – Hey, Roz. | – 你好 Roz – 嗨 Roz |
[01:46] | Come and have a coffee | 来喝杯咖啡 |
[01:47] | – What have you got on the new owner? – Oh, plenty. | – 有什么新老板的料吗 – 哦 可多了 |
[01:48] | – Yeah? – His name is Wilford S. Boone, | – 是吗 – 他的名字是Wilford S Boone |
[01:50] | but he likes to be called “Big Willy.” | 但他喜欢别人叫他”大Willy” |
[01:51] | Well, there’s a little snapshot of his psyche right there. | 他的内心世界由此可见一斑 |
[01:56] | He’s an eighty-five year-old Texan. | 他八十五岁了 德州人 |
[01:59] | Practically no formal education | 基本上没受过正规教育 |
[02:00] | but he went from errand boy at a radio station | 但是他从电台打杂起家 |
[02:02] | to owning his own media empire worth six hundred million. | 现在拥有市值6亿的传媒王国 |
[02:06] | This is great, I don’t even know what “Renuzit” Is, | 太好了 虽然我不知道Renuzit是什么 |
[02:09] | but it’s twenty cents off and I want it. | 但是可以便宜两毛 我要了 |
[02:13] | You’re clipping coupons? | 你在剪优惠券吗 |
[02:14] | I’m economizing. | 我在减少开支 |
[02:16] | Oh well it’s about time, | 也是时候了 |
[02:17] | you spend money like a drunken sailor. | 你花钱大方得像个喝醉的水手 |
[02:19] | She said authoritatively. | 权威人士发话了 |
[02:22] | Excuse me, could we get back to the subject at hand, please? | 打扰一下 咱们还是回到刚刚的话题上吧 |
[02:24] | What are you so antsy about? | 你有什么好焦心的 |
[02:25] | – Dad, Wilford S. Boone- – big Willy. | – 老爸 Wilford S Boone – 大Willy |
[02:28] | Please, Roz, I just can’t say that yet, alright? | 拜托 Roz 我说不出口 |
[02:31] | Wilford S. Boone owns thirty radio stations across the country. | Wilford S Boone在全国拥有30家电台 |
[02:35] | If he likes you, he’s been known to | 要是被他看重 他一定会 |
[02:36] | syndicate your show nationwide. | 在全国联合推广你的节目 |
[02:38] | So, I’m trying to find out if we have anything in common | 所以 我想找找我们有没有共同点 |
[02:41] | an angle, if you will. | 这么说吧 找个切入点 |
[02:42] | – So what are his interests, Roz? – Well, it’s all in there. | – 他有什么爱好 Roz – 都在那儿呢 |
[02:45] | He likes whittling, rodeos, the novels of Zane Grey… | 他喜欢木工活 牛仔竞技 赞恩格雷的小说 |
[02:48] | Gee, Fras. It’s like you two were separated at birth. | 天哪 Fras 你俩估计就长相最像了 |
[02:53] | He also owns a 5,000 acre cattle ranch | 他还有一个5千英亩的大牧场 |
[02:56] | and the world’s largest collection of antique six-shooters. | 收集了世界上最多的古董六发式左轮手枪 |
[02:59] | Oh dear God, I’m sucking up to Yosemite Sam! | 亲娘啊 我要巴结的是个燥山姆啊 |
[03:06] | I think if we really want to impress Big Willy | 我觉得要是想打动大Willy |
[03:08] | we should think of some Western theme to do for the show today. | 我们今天的节目应该做一些西部主题 |
[03:11] | Great idea, Roz. | 好主意 Roz |
[03:11] | Why don’t we just start the show off with a segment on | 咱们干脆用这一段做开场白吧 |
[03:13] | how to get in touch with your inner young’un. | 如何与你内心的小伙子交流 |
[03:16] | What a fascinating theory! Do go on. | 绝妙的理论 你接着说 |
[03:18] | – What’s going on? – Oh, this is great. | – 怎么了 – 哦 太有意思了 |
[03:20] | I told Gil the new station owner is a Greek tycoon. | 我告诉Gil新老板是个希腊大亨 |
[03:23] | He fell for that? | 他上钩了 |
[03:24] | Hook, line, and souvlaki! | 上钩 收线 都做成希腊烤串了 |
[03:28] | You can keep your overripe Camembert | 你可以留着烂熟的法国奶酪 |
[03:30] | and malodorous Stilton, they can’t compare | 和恶臭的英国奶酪 但它们可比不上 |
[03:34] | with the salty insouciance of Greece’s glorious Feta. | 美妙的希腊羊乳酪那不经意的微咸口感 |
[03:39] | It’s not just for shepherds anymore! | 那已经不再是只有牧羊人吃的了 |
[03:44] | This is Gil Chesterton saying Bon Appetite, | 我是Gil Chesterton 祝您好胃口(法语) |
[03:47] | or as we say in Athens, Kali Orexi! | 或照咱们雅典人的话 好胃口(希腊语) |
[03:52] | Oh Gil, you’ve been had. | 哦 Gil 你被耍了 |
[03:54] | The new station owner isn’t Greek, he’s from Texas. | 新老板不是希腊人 是德州人 |
[03:56] | You are so easy! | 你也太好骗了吧 |
[03:58] | Well, I hope you’re happy! | 哼 你可高兴了吧 |
[03:59] | I’ve just given four stars | 我刚刚给了一家 |
[04:01] | to a restaurant called “A Taste Of Greece.” | 名叫”希腊味道”的餐厅打了四星 |
[04:03] | Which, trust me, is no misnomer. | 相信我 那难吃程度 真配这个店名 |
[04:06] | Well that’s what you deserve, | 哈哈 你活该 |
[04:07] | trying to suck up to some senile old coot! | 谁让你要拍这个老傻瓜的马屁 |
[04:09] | Hell, he probably can’t eat anything | 他可能都吃不了东西了 |
[04:12] | but strained peas and farina! | 除了滤过的豆糊和米糊 |
[04:14] | Uh, Mr Boone? | 啊 Boone先生 |
[04:15] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是的 是我 |
[04:16] | Pleasure to see you. I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 真高兴见到您 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[04:18] | This is Roz Doyle, Gil Chesterton and… | 这是Roz Doyle Gil Chesterton和 |
[04:20] | I’m Skippy the lunch boy. | 我是淘哥儿 送午餐的 |
[04:22] | So, uh, that’s two strained peas and a farina for the big guy. | 那么 两份剥好的豆子和粉糊糊 给大个子的 |
[04:26] | Oh, uh, Skippy? Change my order! | 噢 淘哥儿 我要点别的 |
[04:28] | I’ve got a sudden hankering for baby-back ribs and corn bread. | 我突然特想吃小牛肋排和玉米面包 |
[04:34] | Oh, I’ve been looking for you Dr. Crane. | 我一直在找你 Crane医生 |
[04:36] | I have a little problem and they told me | 我有点小麻烦 别人告诉我 |
[04:38] | you’re just the fella who could fix it. | 你是解决它的不二人选 |
[04:40] | Oh, I hope I’m not imposing. | 哦 我这不算强人所难吧 |
[04:42] | Oh, no, don’t be silly, Mr. Boone. | 怎么会呢 Boone先生 |
[04:44] | Well, actually I prefer “Big Willy.” | 其实 我更希望你叫我大Willy |
[04:45] | Don’t be silly, Big Willy. | 怎么会呢 大Willy |
[04:50] | You see, I’m engaged to be married. | 是这样的 我订婚了 |
[04:53] | Oh, congratulations. | 噢 恭喜 |
[04:54] | Well, sweet young thing. | 嗯 可人儿年轻又可爱 |
[04:55] | Just nuts about me. | 爱我爱到不行 |
[04:57] | Problem is, she smokes. | 问题是 她抽烟 |
[04:58] | Oh lord, that is a very bad habit. | 哦 天哪 那可真是个坏习惯 |
[05:01] | Oh, it’s a vile habit! | 最糟糕的习惯 |
[05:02] | Would have destroyed my affection for her if, | 这本足以熄灭我对她的爱火 |
[05:05] | well she didn’t possess certain… compensating gifts. | 但她有 其它的天赋做补偿 |
[05:10] | Anyway, as a favour to me, could you help her? | 总之 帮我个忙 你帮她戒烟好吗 |
[05:15] | Well, I’ll certainly try. | 我肯定会试一试 |
[05:17] | Just keep in mind, though, | 但是您也知道 |
[05:19] | addiction is fraught with many complex issues. | 上瘾这事可复杂去了 |
[05:22] | Length of habit, motivation… | 上瘾时间 上瘾原因 |
[05:24] | Forgive me, sometimes I don’t express myself too clearly. | 不好意思 有时候我表达得不太清楚 |
[05:27] | When I say, “Could you help her,” | 如果我说”你能帮忙吗” |
[05:29] | What I meant to say was | 我的意思是 |
[05:31] | Help her! | 你必须帮忙 |
[05:33] | – Consider it done. – Much obliged. | – 包在我身上了 – 感激不尽 |
[05:35] | She’ll be in touch. | 她会跟你联系的 |
[05:37] | That’s me, Dr. Frasier Crane, bimbo wrangler. | 这就是我 Frasier Crane 放捞金女的老牛仔 |
[05:42] | Frasier, stop it! | Frasier 别傻了 |
[05:43] | This is a golden opportunity! | 这可是个大好的机会 |
[05:45] | You make this little tootsie quit smoking | 只要你能让这个小妖精戒烟 |
[05:46] | and we’re halfway to syndication. | 联合推广就有戏了 |
[05:48] | Did someone just say the word “Syndication,” | 有人说”联合推广”了吗 |
[05:50] | or do I just hear it every time I lay eyes on my favorite client? | 还是每次看到我最爱的客户就会听到这个词 |
[05:53] | Oh, Bebe. | 哦 Bebe |
[05:56] | Is something wrong, dear? | 怎么了 亲 |
[05:58] | We just met Big Willy… | 我们刚刚见到了大Willy |
[05:59] | Oh, he thinks I’m some sort of a magician. | 唉 他以为我是什么魔法师 |
[06:01] | He wants me to play therapist to his little fiance? | 想让我给他的小未婚妻做想心理咨询 |
[06:03] | No doubt some gold-digging piranha so devoid of scruples that | 毫无疑问 那个拜金的白骨精没有半点节操 |
[06:07] | she’s willing to rob the coffin and just… | 竟然想打劫半截都入土的人 |
[06:08] | Oh, dear God! | 我的亲娘啊 |
[06:11] | Isn’t it wonderful? | 是不是很美妙 |
[06:13] | We met last month and it was love at first sight. | 我们上个月认识的 是一见钟情 |
[06:16] | First sight of what – his bankbook and a cardiogram? | 是一见什么钟情 他的存折和心电图吗 |
[06:20] | Two minutes. | 还有两分钟 |
[06:22] | I’m hurt that she can even joke about such a thing. | 怎么能拿这种事开玩笑 人家伤心了 |
[06:24] | I love that dear sweet old man with every fibre of my being. | 我全身上下哪哪儿都爱着那个死老头 |
[06:27] | I’m sure you do. | 我相信你 |
[06:29] | I’m afraid there won’t even be a wedding | 但你的婚事估计要吹 |
[06:30] | if you can’t get rid of that rotten habit, | 除非你能摆脱这个可怕的坏习惯 |
[06:32] | and he’s just ordered me to see that you do! | 他刚刚命令我监督你戒烟 |
[06:34] | God, you’d think a touch of emphysema were the end of the world! | 天 你觉得沾点肺气肿的毛病就是世界末日了 |
[06:38] | What’s that in your hand, woman? | 女人 你手里拿的是什么 |
[06:40] | Sorry, pudd’n. Bebe slipped. | 抱歉 小布丁 Bebe手滑了 |
[06:46] | Just that all-important last puff. | 这就是最后的告别一吸了 |
[06:49] | Well, see that it is! | 嗯 最好是这样 |
[06:51] | Well, Dr. Crane, I’m heading out of town for three days. | Crane医生 我要出城三天 |
[06:54] | When I get back on Sunday, | 周日我回来的时候 |
[06:55] | I expect my little gal here to be smoke-free by then. | 希望我的小女人就已经戒烟了 |
[06:59] | In… three days? | 就给我三天 |
[07:01] | Now, you do whatever it takes to help her, doc! | 别担心 你随便怎么来都行 医生 |
[07:05] | Drugs, straightjackets, electroshock… | 药物 紧束衣 电击 |
[07:10] | You see how he dotes on me. | 你看看 他都把我宠的不像样了 |
[07:17] | Excellent progress, Bebe! | 进展喜人 Bebe |
[07:19] | You’ve really dived into the emotional void | 你已经潜入了你的情感空白 |
[07:21] | that is the route of your addiction. | 那就是你上瘾的根本原因 |
[07:23] | Your fear of abandonment, | 你害怕被抛弃 |
[07:25] | your fear that those you trust | 你害怕自己信任的人 |
[07:26] | will suddenly turn their backs when you expect them to… | 突然离你而去 即使还指望他们 |
[07:28] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[07:31] | My God, it all seems so clear now. | 我的神呐 现在我都明白了 |
[07:36] | You’re a miracle worker. | 你是个创造奇迹的人 |
[07:38] | If I had a dime for every time… well… | 要是这话能当钱花 我早就 |
[07:42] | – Niles! – Hello Frasier, | – Niles – 你好 Frasier |
[07:44] | I noticed you were out of capers the other night, | 那天我看到你家没有刺山柑花蕾了 |
[07:46] | so I got you this. | 所以我给你买了这个 |
[07:53] | Thank you Niles, but why so many? | 谢谢 Niles 但怎么一下买这么多 |
[07:56] | I just discovered a place called | 我刚刚发现了一个好去处 |
[07:57] | “Price Buster’s Warehouse.” | “低价狂魔仓储超市” |
[08:02] | You have to buy in bulk, but the savings are extraordinary | 只能批发 但是超级省钱 |
[08:04] | and they have a huge selection. | 他们那儿应有尽有 |
[08:06] | I found french fries and french doors in the same aisle. | 我在同一条货架上找到了法式薯条和法式门 |
[08:10] | Well, the next time you go back be sure to buy me | 下次你去的时候记得给我买 |
[08:13] | a thousand swordfish so I can use these up! | 一千条剑鱼 才能把这一罐子用完 |
[08:16] | You laugh, but I could do it like that. | 你尽管笑 反正我这样一下就能搞定 |
[08:20] | So, how goes the great smoke-out? | 伟大的戒烟行动怎么样了 |
[08:23] | Until today, I had no idea | 到今天 我才知道 |
[08:25] | what a brilliant therapist your brother is. | 你哥哥是个多么华横溢的心理医生 |
[08:27] | He has tunneled his way into the very depths of my psyche. | 他一路深入 到达了我灵魂的最深处 |
[08:32] | Well, let’s hope he sent a canary down first. | 希望他先放了只金丝雀进去 |
[08:37] | Well, I’ll be running along. | 好了 我走了 |
[08:41] | I’ll see you at ten tomorrow. | 明天十点见 |
[08:44] | In the mean time, it’s exercise, lots of fresh spring water | 此外 运动 大量新鲜矿泉水 |
[08:47] | and nicotine gum for cravings. | 和尼古丁口香糖可以对付烟瘾 |
[08:50] | – That’s my girl. – Oh, Bebe, | – 很不错 – 对了 Bebe |
[08:51] | you know I’m writing a paper on addiction | 我在写一篇关于上瘾的文章 |
[08:53] | and I’d love to ask you some questions – | 我想问你几个问题 |
[08:54] | unless there’s some reason you’re eager to be off? | 要是你有急事要走就算了 |
[08:58] | Me? | 问我吗 |
[09:00] | No. No, not at all. | 好啊 我没什么急事 |
[09:04] | Well, I just need to discuss a personal matter with Frasier first. | 好的 我得先跟Frasier说点私事 |
[09:07] | Of course, I’ll give you some privacy. | 没问题 你们慢慢说 |
[09:10] | It’s time for my water anyway. | 反正到了我喝水的时间了 |
[09:13] | – Yes, Niles? – Let her out that door, | – 怎么了 Niles – 你要是让她出了这个门 |
[09:15] | she’ll smoke half a pack before the elevator hits the lobby. | 她在电梯上来之前就能吸半包 |
[09:18] | How can you know that? You hardly spoke to her. | 你怎么知道的 你都没跟她说过几句话 |
[09:20] | Well, obviously you didn’t see the crazed, | 显然 你忽略了她眼中那疯狂 |
[09:22] | cunning glint in her eyes. | 狡猾的绿光 |
[09:23] | She always looks like that, she’s an agent. | 她就长这样 她是个经纪人 |
[09:29] | I know about addiction. | 我了解上瘾这件事 |
[09:31] | It’s the exact same look | 她的眼神就像 |
[09:32] | Maris used to get during the cough syrup years. | Maris当年看止咳糖浆一样 |
[09:37] | The only way to deal with it is to lock her up, | 唯一的解决方法 就是把她关起来 |
[09:39] | take her money, | 拿走她的钱 |
[09:40] | and watch her like a hawk until it’s out of her system. | 像鹰一样监视着她 直到她戒烟 |
[09:42] | That means she would have to stay here for the weekend. | 那她周末不得在我家过了 |
[09:44] | Who’s staying all weekend? | 谁周末要来住 |
[09:45] | – Bebe Glazer. – Here? | – Bebe Glazer – 在这吗 |
[09:47] | What does she have to stay here for? | 为什么要来住呢 |
[09:49] | She’s trying to quit smoking. | 因为要帮她戒烟 |
[09:50] | Oh great, that means she’ll be extra lovable. | 太好了 那她还不得加倍惹人爱呀 |
[09:54] | Not to worry dad, there | 别担心 老爸 |
[09:55] | there is no reason she has to stay for the weekend. | 她用不着在咱家待那么久 |
[09:57] | Bebe and I made a real breakthrough today. | 今天我们取得了重大进展 |
[09:59] | If you don’t believe me, just come on into the kitchen | 不相信的话 你去厨房看看 |
[10:00] | and you’ll see that I’m right. | 就知道我是对的了 |
[10:05] | I’m sorry I can’t stay and help you with your paper, Niles, | 抱歉 我不能久留 没法帮你了 Niles |
[10:07] | wedding preperations and all. | 准备婚礼有很多事呢 |
[10:09] | But I’ll remember those helpful hints. | 但我会记得这些戒烟好帮手的 |
[10:11] | It’s exercise, gum, and lots of water. | 运动 口香糖 和大量的水 |
[10:20] | Water should come in handy | 现在就该来点水 |
[10:21] | for putting out those pesky purse fires. | 来浇灭你包里那恼人的火 |
[10:25] | All right Niles, secure the door! | 行了 Niles 看好门 |
[10:27] | Bebe, you are not going anywhere, | Bebe 你哪儿也别想去了 |
[10:29] | you’re staying for the weekend. Now give me that purse. | 周末在这乖乖待着吧 把包给我 |
[10:31] | All right. | 好吧 |
[10:32] | Let me remove one very precious momento. | 让我拿出一件有纪念价值的东西吧 |
[10:36] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[10:37] | Oh, stop it! Stop it! | 哦 你给我住手 |
[10:47] | More! | 再来点 |
[10:48] | What again? | 还要 |
[10:50] | That’s her third serving. | 都第三次添饭了 |
[10:51] | Now, now Dad, | 没事 老爸 |
[10:52] | it’s flattering to Daphne that Bebe finds her food so tasty. | Bebe就是觉得Daphne做饭太好吃了 |
[10:55] | I’m orally fixated. | 我嘴不能停下 |
[10:56] | I could eat a half-stunned wharf rat if you put some gravy on it! | 只要浇点肉汁 我能吃下半昏的码头鼠 |
[11:01] | I’ll bear that in mind come breakfast time. | 我记下了 早餐时一定满足你 |
[11:04] | No, please, please. | 别这样嘛 |
[11:05] | Let’s all try to remain supportive of Bebe. | 咱们还是支持下Bebe吧 |
[11:07] | I think she’s really doing rather well. | 我觉得她做得很好 |
[11:10] | So, I hear your fiancee is well to do? | 我听说你的未婚夫很有钱 |
[11:13] | Very. | 那是相当有钱 |
[11:15] | You gonna eat that fat? | 这块肥肉你还吃吗 |
[11:19] | Well, marrying money can have it’s perils. | 为钱结婚也是有风险的 |
[11:22] | Ten or fifteen years down the line, | 十到十五年以后 |
[11:24] | after you’ve adapted to a lifestyle | 你已经习惯了奢靡的生活 |
[11:25] | now totally beyond your means, | 而自己又根本无法负担 |
[11:27] | you can find yourself cast aside a hollow husk, | 可能会落得被抛弃的下场 只剩一个空壳 |
[11:30] | penniless and crushed. | 身无分文 彻底崩溃 |
[11:35] | Niles, Big Willy’s eighty-five, he’s on his third pacemaker. | Niles 大Willy八十五了 起搏器都用到第三个了 |
[11:38] | Ah. Mazel tov! | 噢 恭喜(希伯来语) |
[11:44] | Just out of curiosity, has this guy ever seen you eat? | 我多嘴问一句 那老头没见过你吃饭吧 |
[11:48] | After dinner is the time I need a cigarette most. | 饭后一支烟 是我最需要的 |
[11:50] | As long as I don’t stop eating, I’ll be fine. | 只要我不停地吃 就不会想抽烟 |
[11:52] | Well, this is very good, Bebe. | Bebe 太好了 |
[11:53] | You’re already identifying | 你已经找到了 |
[11:54] | those moments that trigger your worst cravings. | 哪些时候最易诱发你烟瘾 |
[11:56] | – Yeah, yeah! – No, no, really. | – 呵呵 – 不 这很有用 |
[11:58] | Perhaps it would help to know that you’re not alone. | 没准认识其他战友能对你有所帮助 |
[11:59] | Dad is an ex-smoker. | 我爸以前就吸烟 |
[12:01] | Dad, can you tell us about | 老爸 你能跟我们说说 |
[12:02] | when you crave a cigarette most? | 你最想抽烟的时候吗 |
[12:04] | Ah, when I had insomnia. | 哦 当我失眠的时候 |
[12:07] | I’d get up, | 我就起来 |
[12:08] | pour a water glass full of Bourbon, light a cigarette – | 倒一杯波旁威士忌 点根烟 |
[12:10] | next thing you know, I couldn’t keep my eyes open. | 接下来 就困得睁不开眼了 |
[12:14] | Nothing relaxes you like a cigarette. | 什么也不如香烟能让你彻底放松 |
[12:17] | Of course, gives you a hell of a headache in the morning. | 当然了 早上的时候你就该头痛了 |
[12:23] | Well, I smoked for years | 我抽了好几年 |
[12:26] | but I never became addicted. | 但从来不上瘾 |
[12:28] | To this day, I can buy a pack, have a cig or two, | 到今天也还是一样 我买上一包 吸一两根 |
[12:31] | toss them in a drawer and not crave another for months. | 剩下的扔到抽屉里 几个月都想不起来 |
[12:34] | You know there’s a word for people who can do that. | 我记得 有个词是专门说你们这样的人的 |
[12:37] | What is it? Oh, yes – | 什么来着 哦 对了 |
[12:38] | bitch! | 贱人 |
[12:45] | There’s no need to be insulting just because you’re wrestling | 你不该骂人 即使你在努力戒断 |
[12:48] | with an unhealthy and disgusting habit. | 一个既不健康又恶心的坏习惯 |
[12:50] | It isn’t disgusting, it’s wonderful! | 那才不恶心呢 那是美妙 |
[12:52] | Oh now, Bebe, tell me. | 那么 Bebe 跟我说说 |
[12:54] | What is so wonderful about smoking? | 抽烟有哪里美妙了 |
[12:58] | Everything. | 一切 |
[13:00] | I like the way a fresh firm pack feels in my hand. | 我喜欢没拆封的烟盒在手中的触感 |
[13:05] | I like peeling away that little piece of cellophane | 我喜欢撕下那薄薄一层玻璃纸 |
[13:07] | and seeing it twinkle in the light. | 看它在灯下闪闪发光 |
[13:10] | I like coaxing that first sweet cylinder | 我喜欢把第一支甜美的烟卷 |
[13:14] | out of its hiding place | 从藏身之处哄骗出来 |
[13:16] | and bringing it slowly up to my lips. | 再慢慢送至我的唇边 |
[13:20] | Striking a match, | 划一根火柴 |
[13:22] | watching it burst into a perfect little flame | 看它忽闪成一朵完美的小小火焰 |
[13:24] | and knowing that soon | 我知道下一刻 |
[13:26] | that flame will be inside me. | 那火焰就要融入我的身体 |
[13:30] | I love the first puff, pulling it into my lungs. | 我喜欢那第一口烟 深深吸入我的肺部 |
[13:34] | Little fingers of smoking filling me, caressing me, | 那烟雾伸出小手一般 触摸着我 爱抚着我 |
[13:38] | feeling that warmth penetrate deeper and deeper, | 感觉到那温暖渗入身体越来越深 |
[13:42] | until I think I’m going to burst! | 直到我觉得快要爆炸 |
[13:46] | Then – whoosh! – | 这时候 呼的一声 |
[13:51] | watching it flow out of me in a lovely, sinuous cloud, | 看着它涌出 化作一阵可爱的 蜿蜒的云朵 |
[13:56] | no two ever quite the same. | 这滋味绝无仅有 |
[14:05] | More potatoes, anyone? | 谁想再来点土豆 |
[14:51] | You’re up early, Miss Moon. | 你起得真早啊 Moon小姐 |
[14:53] | Oh! God, you startled me! | 哦 天 你吓死我了 |
[14:57] | Ever since your little speech about smoking, | 自从听了你那吸烟的美妙演讲 |
[14:59] | I haven’t been able to think about anything else. | 我脑子里就装不下其它的了 |
[15:02] | Please, don’t mention this to Dr. Crane. | 请别让Crane医生知道 |
[15:05] | Silence has its price, dear. | 沉默是要付出代价的 亲 |
[15:07] | And I think we both know what that is. | 我想我们都心知肚明是什么 |
[15:10] | Forget it! | 别妄想了 |
[15:11] | You can’t make me give you one of these. | 你别想让我跟你一根 |
[15:13] | Oh… can’t I?! | 是吗 |
[15:17] | You open up right now! | 你立刻给我打开 |
[15:18] | All right, missy, here’s the drill! | 好了 小妞 咱们这么办 |
[15:20] | You drop those cigarettes, I’ll open the door, | 你放下香烟 我打开门 |
[15:22] | you kick ’em over to me, capisce? | 你把它们踢过来 明白了吗 |
[15:24] | No! | 休想 |
[15:27] | Oh, is it cold outside? | 噢 外面是不是很冷呀 |
[15:31] | All right, you asked for it! | 好吧 你自找的 |
[15:34] | No! No! Please, I beg you. | 别 别 求你了 |
[15:37] | Oh, oh no. My fingers are getting weak. | 哦 哦 我的手指没劲儿了 |
[15:40] | Oh, oh, I’m losing my grip. | 哦 哦 我拿不住了 |
[15:42] | Stop, please! I’ll give you anything you want. I’ll… | 停下来吧 求你了 你要什么都行 |
[15:45] | I’ll make you a star! | 我能让你成名 |
[15:49] | What the hell’s going on out here? | 到底怎么回事 |
[15:50] | Daphne was smoking! | Daphne在抽烟 |
[15:54] | She made me! | 还不是因为她 |
[15:56] | Daphne, give me those. | Daphne 快给我 |
[15:59] | Oh, look at me! | 哦 瞧瞧我 |
[16:00] | I’m all damp and chilled to the bone. | 我身上全湿了 冻透了 |
[16:02] | I’ll get you a towel. | 我给你拿条毛巾 |
[16:03] | My God, it’s five-thirty in the morning! | 老天爷 现在才早上五点半 |
[16:07] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[16:15] | I couldn’t sleep. | 我睡不着 |
[16:17] | Have you people all lost your minds? | 你们都丧失理智了吗 |
[16:20] | Alright, now listen, get back to bed, every one of you! | 够了 现在 所有人回去睡觉 |
[16:23] | All right, all right… | 好吧 好吧 |
[16:24] | Thank god you came in when you did! | 谢天谢地你及时赶到 |
[16:26] | She was praying on my weakness. | 她掐住我的弱点 |
[16:28] | Who knows what I might have done, probably… | 谁知道我能干出什么事来 说不定 |
[16:31] | This! | 这样 |
[16:32] | Oh, get her! Stop that woman! | 哦 抓住她 抓住这疯女人 |
[16:34] | Bebe, you will not be allowed to smoke a cigarette in this house! | Bebe 我不许你在这个家里抽烟 |
[16:36] | No, no, don’t even think about it! | 哼 想都别想 |
[16:39] | All right, just give me those! | 好了 给我吧 |
[16:40] | All right now, that’s it! | 行了 够了 |
[16:41] | Back to bed! | 回去睡觉 |
[16:42] | Oh my God, | 我的亲娘 |
[16:45] | you’re insane, woman! | 你疯了吧 女人 |
[16:47] | That’s it, no more house guests. | 我看够了 以后不许再让人留宿了 |
[16:51] | Get off me, you brute! | 放开我 你个畜生 |
[16:53] | – Hand them over! – Never! | – 交出来 – 别想 |
[16:56] | That’ll be the neighbours! | 肯定是邻居打来的 |
[16:59] | Hello? Oh, hello! | 你好 哦 你好 |
[17:01] | One moment, please. | 请等一下 |
[17:03] | It’s Big Willy! | 是大Willy |
[17:06] | Big Willy, hello! | 大Willy 你好 |
[17:07] | No, no, it’s not too early, everybody’s up! | 不 不 不早了 大家都起来了 |
[17:10] | Well, you know, there have been a few minor setbacks, | 这个 虽然中间有点小挫折 |
[17:13] | but I’m keeping on top of her, yeah. | 但我还是”压制”住了她 |
[17:16] | Oh yeah, I know she’d love to say hi, hang on. | 嗯 她肯定想跟你打个招呼 稍等 |
[17:19] | Hello, pudd’n. | 你好呀 小布丁 |
[17:21] | I’m fine, and you? | 我很好 你呢 |
[17:24] | Oh, nothing’s too much trouble for you daddy. Bye now! | 哦 为了你 我什么都愿意 拜拜 |
[17:29] | Yes, sir? Oh, oh, really? | 先生 哦 真的吗 |
[17:31] | No, no, I’m very flattered. | 不 不 我受宠若惊 |
[17:33] | Yes, of course, I’d love to, I’ll talk to you this evening. | 当然了 我很愿意 咱们晚上再谈 |
[17:36] | Bye-bye. | 再见 |
[17:37] | Thank you, Daphne. | 谢谢你 Daphne |
[17:39] | All right, now listen up! | 好了 你听着 |
[17:41] | – He thinks I’m very gifted. – Mmm. | – 他觉得我十分有才 – 嗯 |
[17:42] | He thinks I’m wasting my talents in just one city! | 他觉得我在一个城市做节目太可惜了 |
[17:44] | My God, woman, he wants to take me national, don’t you get it? | 天呐 女人 他要把我推向全国 你懂吗 |
[17:46] | Unless YOU ruin it for me! | 除非你毁了我的机会 |
[17:48] | Oh my God, I’m sorry. | 老天爷 我很抱歉 |
[17:51] | Here, take ’em. | 给你 拿着吧 |
[17:55] | I don’t know what came over me. | 我不知道我是怎么了 |
[17:58] | Well, don’t be too hard on yourself, Bebe. | 唉 也别太自责了 Bebe |
[18:00] | After all, addiction to nicotine is a very, very difficult… | 我也知道 尼古丁上瘾是很难 很难 |
[18:03] | hey, wait a minute. | 嘿 等会 |
[18:05] | This pack is half-empty! | 这包烟都空了一半了 |
[18:08] | For God’s sake… I don’t care anymore. | 天哪 我不管了 |
[18:10] | You know, I can’t help you, nobody can. | 你清楚得很 要是我都帮不了你 你就没救了 |
[18:13] | You want to ruin it for both of us? Here, | 你想毁了咱俩吗 给你 |
[18:14] | go ahead, knock yourself out. | 你就抽吧 尽情抽吧 |
[18:17] | I only wish I could be there when it happens. | 我现在希望亲身见证一件事 |
[18:21] | When what happens? | 什么事 |
[18:23] | When you see that newspaper headline: | 你在报纸上读到头条新闻 |
[18:26] | “Big Willy Boone, Millionaire, Dead.” | 大Willy Boone 百万富翁 去世 |
[18:32] | Oh, how I wish I could be there | 我真想亲眼见证 |
[18:34] | when you watch the funeral on the news. | 你在新闻里看到葬礼报道的时刻 |
[18:37] | Watch the casket being slipped into the ground. | 看着棺材被埋入地下 |
[18:40] | Only, you won’t be watching that. | 只是 你没法当场看到了 |
[18:42] | No, no, you’ll be watching… | 不 不 你应该能看到 |
[18:44] | the widow Boone. Tiffany, perhaps. | Boone遗孀 也许叫Tiffany |
[18:48] | Oh no, better yet, “Kelli” – with an “I”! | 或者 最好叫Kelli 以”I(我)”结尾的 |
[18:50] | Stop it! | 别说了 |
[18:53] | You’ll picture her wearing YOUR jewels, | 你就想想吧 人家戴着本该是你的珠宝 |
[18:56] | sailing in YOUR yachts, | 开着本该是你的游艇 |
[18:58] | sleeping with YOUR gigolos – | 睡了本该是你的舞男 |
[19:00] | but, oh, you won’t be sad, no, no, no! | 但是 你不会难过 万万不会 |
[19:02] | Because you’ll have your cigarette. Yeah! | 因为你有你的香烟 对 |
[19:05] | Clutched in your nicotine-stained teeth, | 用你的烟渍牙叼着 |
[19:09] | smoke whirling about your once-pretty, | 烟雾缭绕在你曾经年轻漂亮 |
[19:11] | now creased, leathery, | 现在却布满皱纹 粗糙不堪 |
[19:14] | – smoke-ravaged… – Enough! | – 被吸烟毁掉的 – 够了 |
[19:17] | God! | 天 |
[19:20] | You are one hell of a therapist. | 你真是个做绝了的心理医生 |
[19:37] | Hey, you back from the wedding already? | 你们这么快就从婚礼上回来了 |
[19:38] | – No. – There was no wedding. | – 不是 – 婚礼吹了 |
[19:41] | No wedding, no syndication deal… | 婚礼吹了 全国推广没了 |
[19:43] | What’s she doing here? | 她在这干嘛 |
[19:45] | No money, no fame… | 钱没了 名气也没了 |
[19:46] | Well, you might say things hit a bit of a snag. | 遇到了点意外的小挫折 |
[19:48] | No beach house, no pool boys… | 海边的房子没了 小白脸没了 |
[19:50] | Oh will you get a grip, Roz?! | 振作一下 Roz |
[19:53] | Well, what went wrong? | 到底怎么回事 |
[19:55] | Well, they were halfway down the aisle – | 他们走红毯走到一半 |
[19:57] | Big Willy beaming proudly, Bebe radiant, | 大Willy开怀大笑 Bebe光彩耀人 |
[20:01] | supporting Big Willy on her arm – | 挽着大Willy向前走 |
[20:02] | when suddenly he clutched his heart, | 突然他捂住自己的心脏 |
[20:04] | and his head slumped against Bebe’s shoulder. | 头歪向Bebe的肩膀 |
[20:07] | Of course we were all concerned at first, | 一开始我们当然很担心 |
[20:09] | but then suddenly it seemed like he was all right | 但突然好像又没事了 |
[20:10] | because they kept moving on down the aisle. | 因为他们接着走过去了 |
[20:14] | But if you looked carefully, | 但你要是仔细看的话 |
[20:15] | you could see bebe’s little biceps bulging | 你会发现Bebe的二头肌突起 |
[20:17] | through her wedding gown, | 透过婚纱隐约可见 |
[20:19] | and I swear I noticed | 我发誓我看见 |
[20:20] | daylight between Big Willy’s dress boots and the carpet. | 大Willy的靴子和红毯之间有一段距离 |
[20:25] | Well, once they got up to the minister | 等到他们走到牧师面前 |
[20:26] | the jig was pretty well up, | 还是露馅了 |
[20:28] | despite Bebe’s valiant attempts to animate his features | 尽管Bebe极力试图让大Willy面容生动起来 |
[20:31] | by twisting the loose skin at the back of his neck. | 不惜拧着他脖子后面松弛的皮肤 |
[20:36] | You know, I’ve never seen a woman more crushed. | 我从来没见过哪个女人受过这么大打击的 |
[20:39] | Well, if I were you I’d get her away from that balcony rail. | 要我说 你赶紧把她从阳台弄下来 |
[20:43] | The doorman gets ticked | 那个门卫可不好惹 |
[20:44] | if you even through a piece of gum over the side. | 扔块口香糖都不行 |
[20:49] | Bebe, dear? Please, come on in. | Bebe 亲 快进来吧 |
[20:53] | That’s a girl. | 这就对了 |
[20:55] | All right, let me have a look at you. | 来吧 让我好好看看你 |
[20:56] | Come on, here we are. | 来嘛 来嘛 |
[21:01] | Well, I don’t really blame you, dear. | 我不怪你 亲 |
[21:03] | You know, Roz and I are both upset too. | 要知道 我和Roz也非常遗憾 |
[21:06] | You know, look at it this way | 这样吧 往好处想 |
[21:08] | at least you’re no worse off than you were before. | 起码你也没什么损失 |
[21:11] | You don’t know the things I did for that man – | 你是不知道我为了那个老头都做过些什么 |
[21:13] | the depraved, Western-themed appetites I satisfied! | 得满足什么样堕落的 西部主题的欲望 |
[21:20] | He was eighty-five, how bad could it have been? | 他都八十五了 还能怎么着 |
[21:23] | Ever worn a saddle? | 你戴过马鞍被人骑过吗 |
[21:27] | Do I have to answer that? | 一定要回答吗 |
[21:31] | Well, you know, Bebe, there are other Big Willys out there, | 别这样 Bebe 你会遇到其他大Willy的 |
[21:33] | better ones! | 更好的 |
[21:34] | Richer, older… | 更有钱 更老 |
[21:36] | Impotent! | 阳萎的 |
[21:38] | – Oh dear, you always know what to say. – Well. | – 亲 你总是这么会说话 – 过奖 |
[21:43] | I know what hell I put you through over this. | 我知道这段时间太麻烦你了 |
[21:46] | I insist that you take this, | 你一定要收下这个 |
[21:48] | as a small token of my gratitude. | 聊表我的感激之情 |
[21:50] | Oh Bebe, really… | Bebe 你不用这么 |
[21:52] | Look, Roz! It’s a gold Rolex! | 看哪 Roz 劳力士金表 |
[21:55] | Oh my goodness… | 我的神呐 |
[21:57] | Bebe… where did you get this? | Bebe 你从哪弄来的 |
[22:01] | Just don’t wear it to the funeral. | 只要别戴着去参加葬礼就行 |