时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:24] | You got something on your mind? | 有什么心事吗 |
[00:26] | It’s Joe. | 还不是因为Joe |
[00:27] | Tonight’s our six-month anniversary, | 今晚是我们相识六个月的纪念日 |
[00:29] | but we can’t celebrate until next week | 但只能等到下周再庆祝了 |
[00:31] | because he’s flying to Las Vegas | 因为今天他要和狐朋狗友们飞往 |
[00:33] | with his buddies. | 拉斯维加斯 |
[00:34] | Oh, Vegas, huh? | 哦 拉斯维加斯啊 |
[00:35] | Great! | 真棒 |
[00:36] | Well, tell him not to miss the show | 告诉他千万别错过在 |
[00:37] | at the Diamond Lounge | 钻石酒吧的表演 |
[00:38] | a Topless History of the World! | 世界上空女孩历史 |
[00:41] | If they’ve still got the same Bathsheeba | 要是那个拔示巴还在那儿 |
[00:43] | he’s in for a real treat! | 他可就享福了 |
[00:45] | Oh yes, | 哦 是啊 |
[00:46] | that’s just where I want Joe | 这可合了我的心意了 |
[00:47] | spending our anniversary, | 纪念日的那天 Joe自己在拉斯维加斯 |
[00:49] | some smutty show in Vegas! | 看什么下流的表演 |
[00:50] | No, it’s very tasteful and historically accurate. | 不 人家做得相当有品位 而且和史实相吻合 |
[00:54] | Except at the end, where Eleanor Roosevelt | 除了在最后 艾莲娜罗斯福 |
[00:56] | and Eva Braun settle World War Two by wrestling in pudding. | 和爱娃·布劳恩通过在布丁里摔跤平息了二战 |
[01:04] | Oh, hello, Dr. Crane. | 哦 你好啊 Crane医生 |
[01:05] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[01:06] | Oh, Niles. | 哦 Niles |
[01:06] | To what do we owe this pleasure? | 什么风把您吹来了 |
[01:07] | To an unscrupulous art dealer who’s trying to rob me blind. | 一个想要敲诈我的无耻艺术品商人 |
[01:10] | Last night, I was at a gallery opening, and | 昨晚 我参加了某画廊的开幕典礼 然后 |
[01:12] | Niles, is this gonna be a long story? | Niles 这个故事会很长么 |
[01:14] | Moderately. | 还行吧 |
[01:15] | Walk-and-talk. | 边走边说 |
[01:18] | Anyway, I was at this opening, in conversation, | 总之 我在开幕典礼上跟人交谈之时 |
[01:20] | when I made a rather emphatic point about pointillism, | 我针对点描绘法做了个强调的手势 |
[01:23] | when I lost the grip on my Canapé and found that | 一激动没抓住我的开胃薄饼 |
[01:25] | it became airborne! | 结果它撅着个腚飞啦 |
[01:28] | The next thing I know I’m being confronted by an irate gallery owner | 接下来我就被盛怒的画廊老板截住了 |
[01:31] | who’s demanding I reimburse him for the damage to one of his paintings! | 要求我赔偿他的损失 |
[01:34] | How he could notice a fleck of foie gras | 鬼知道他怎么能从 |
[01:36] | on a Jackson Pollock is beyond me. | 杰克逊·波洛克的画上发现一小块儿鹅肝酱 |
[01:40] | He’s getting an estimate, and just to protect myself, | 他正在估价 我得保护自己 |
[01:41] | I seem to recall you knowing a trustworthy art restorer? | 我记得你认识一个可靠的艺术品修复师 |
[01:44] | Oh yes, I do, actually. | 哦 是的 |
[01:45] | I… saved my life last year when Eddie | 去年Eddie舔了我的利钦斯坦画像 |
[01:47] | licked my Liechtenstein! | 是他救了我的命啊 |
[01:49] | I’ll get you his card. | 我去给你找他的名片 |
[01:50] | Oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[01:52] | You free for lunch today? | 中午有时间一起吃饭吗 |
[01:53] | Oh, sadly, no. | 抱歉 不行 |
[01:55] | The radio station is subjecting my program | 今天下午电台要让我的节目 |
[01:57] | to something they call a “Focus group” this afternoon. | 招待”焦点讨论小组” |
[02:01] | Dinner, perhaps? | 那一起晚餐 |
[02:02] | Oh, perfect. | 哦 好啊 |
[02:03] | And what exactly is a focus group? | “焦点讨论小组”到底是个什么东东 |
[02:05] | Well, they actually drag a pack of people off the street and | 就是他们从大街上随机拉来的一群人 |
[02:08] | make them listen to my program, | 让他们听我的节目 |
[02:09] | and then dutifully record their opinions about it. | 然后如实记录他们的意见 |
[02:11] | How demeaning! | 这是赤果果的羞辱 |
[02:12] | Oh, absolutely. | 可不是 |
[02:13] | Can you imagine Sigmund Freud being dragged | 你能想象弗洛伊德被拽进 |
[02:15] | into a roomful of Viennese laymen to hear remarks like, | 一群维也纳门外汉里 听到什么”恨恋母情节 但是 |
[02:18] | “Hate that Oedipal thing, but, oh, love the penis envy!” | 哦 大爱阴茎妒羡” 之类乱七八糟的评论吗 |
[02:20] | I mean, really! | 有没有搞错 |
[02:23] | The worst thing is that they may change | 最糟糕的是他们可能要根据 |
[02:24] | my show in deference to the opinion of Joe Six-Pack! | 什么阿猫阿狗的意见而改变我的节目 |
[02:28] | You’re worrying too much. | 你想多了 |
[02:29] | I was on a focus group once. | 我曾经参加过一个焦点讨论小组 |
[02:31] | That sound you hear | 刚才你听到的声音 |
[02:32] | is a nail being hammered into my coffin. | 就是在我的棺材上钉钉子的声音 |
[02:37] | They were trying out a new frozen snack. | 他们在尝试一种新型速冻点心 |
[02:39] | It was a meatball with the cheese injected right in the middle. | 是在中间注入奶酪的肉丸 |
[02:46] | Just as nature intended. | 显然这是自然需求 |
[02:53] | Dr. Niles Crane. Ah. | 我是Niles Crane医生 |
[02:55] | So, you have the estimate? | 那预算出来了 |
[02:58] | What? | 什么 |
[02:59] | Four thousand dollars, | 4千美元 |
[03:02] | to remove a miniscule gobbet of duck liver?! | 就为了去掉那么一小块儿鸭肝 |
[03:07] | I could do the same thing with a Q-tip and some club seltzer! | 我用个棉签和苏打水分分钟就能搞定的事 |
[03:10] | Oh well, you may very well say “Pay up or else,” | 好啊 你可以吓唬我说”交钱 要不等着瞧” |
[03:12] | but I have something to say to you? | 但我也有要对你说的 |
[03:13] | Yeah, well at least I wasn’t fooling around with the babysitter! | 至少我没有和保姆鬼混 |
[03:17] | Shut up! | 闭嘴吧你 |
[03:18] | No, you shut up! | 不 你闭嘴 |
[03:20] | Oh please, I have enough aggravation without having to listen | 拜托 我窝了一肚子火了 现在最不想听的就是 |
[03:22] | to a stupid talk show! | 这些愚蠢的谈话节目了 |
[03:24] | Honestly, the only life forms lower than the people | 说真的 那些上节目的傻B就够无聊的了 |
[03:26] | who appear on those shows are the ones who watch them! | 比他们还无聊的 就只有看节目的人了 |
[03:30] | Like me? | 比如我 |
[03:31] | What? | 什么 |
[03:32] | Oh no, I didn’t realize that you are… I was just… | 哦 不 我没意识到你在看 我只是 |
[03:34] | No, no, no, that’s quite all right. | 没事 没事 没关系的 |
[03:36] | Although I do find it interesting that | 这事儿挺有意思啊 |
[03:38] | I get criticized for listening to people’s problems, | 我倾听别人的问题说明我无聊 |
[03:41] | when all you do is get rich from it. | 而你却因此发财致富 |
[03:43] | Surely, Daphne, | 毫无疑问 Daphne |
[03:44] | even you can see the difference between | 就连你都能看出低劣的哗众取宠与 |
[03:45] | cheap sensationalism and the practice of psychiatry. | 心理医生的不同之处 |
[03:47] | Oh, “Even me?” | 哦 “就连我” |
[03:49] | As in, “Even feeble-minded Daphne?!” | 你是想说 “就连没见识的Daphne”吗 |
[03:52] | Well, I’ll tell you what I can tell the difference between: | 好啊 起码我能分出来什么是真正的绅士 |
[03:54] | a true gentleman and a condescending prig! | 什么是高傲自命不凡的伪君子 |
[03:57] | I… am NOT! | 我 可不是 |
[04:00] | He said priggishly. | 他自命不凡地说到 |
[04:03] | Forgive me if I’m not as down to earth | 原谅我没有你那些刺满纹身 |
[04:06] | as you and your tattooed, muu-muu wearing brethren! | 穿着招人讨厌的弟兄们脚踏实地 |
[04:09] | You pompous twit! | 你个高傲的混蛋 |
[04:11] | Couch zombie! | 沙发僵尸 |
[04:12] | Snob! | 势利眼 |
[04:13] | Brat! | 臭小孩 |
[04:13] | Oh, shut up! | 哦 你给我闭嘴 |
[04:14] | No, YOU shut up! | 不 你给我闭嘴 |
[04:16] | I’m glad we turned off the TV. | 比电视精彩啊 |
[04:21] | Oh, oh… Dr. Crane, I’m so sorry! | 哦 Crane医生 真是抱歉 |
[04:24] | I’m just so upset at Joe! | 只是Joe让我心烦意乱 |
[04:26] | I didn’t mean a word of it! | 我并不是有意说那些话的 |
[04:27] | Daphne, I apologize | Daphne 我诚挚地道歉 |
[04:28] | Oh no, it was my fault | 哦 不用 是我的错 |
[04:30] | I called you a couch zombie | 我还叫你沙发僵尸 |
[04:31] | No, please | 没有 拜托 |
[04:33] | Friends? | 还是朋友 |
[04:34] | Oh, of course. | 哦 当然了 |
[04:42] | Niles, what was that all about? | Niles 刚才那是怎么回事 |
[04:44] | I’m not sure. | 我也迷茫了 |
[04:45] | But, oh, mama, it was glorious! | 但是 哦 妈呀 真是飘飘欲仙啊 |
[04:52] | Blood-pounding, sarcastic zingers flying! | 血珠四溅 妙语连珠的讽刺满天飞 |
[04:55] | Are you saying you that enjoyed fighting with Daphne? | 你的意思是你享受和Daphne的吵架喽 |
[04:57] | Every exhilarating moment! | 每一秒都爽的不得了啊 |
[04:59] | It was pure, unbridled passion! | 完全是纯粹放纵的激情 |
[05:02] | I think I still have some of her spittle on my forehead! | 等等 我的前额上还残留着她的些许唾液 |
[05:08] | Oh, why did Dad ever tell us not to fight with girls? | 为什么老爸一直不让我们和女孩儿吵架 |
[05:11] | It’s wonderful! | 多美好啊 |
[05:13] | The friction between us? | 我们之间的火花啊 |
[05:15] | Niles, is this going to be a long description? | Niles 这描述将持续很久么 |
[05:17] | Very! | 很久很久 |
[05:17] | Walk-and-talk. | 边走边说 |
[05:27] | By showering a reluctant girlfriend with gifts, | 给不爱你的女友不断塞礼物 |
[05:29] | Billy, you’re applying a band-aid to a gaping wound. | Billy 你这是往大伤口上贴小创可贴啊 |
[05:32] | My advice is to find someone | 我的建议是找一个 |
[05:34] | who will return your worthy affection, | 你爱她 她也爱你的人 |
[05:35] | or, sooner or later, your wallet, | 不然或早或晚 |
[05:37] | as well as your bed, will be empty. | 你的钱包会像你的床一样空空如也 |
[05:40] | I see we’re out of time. | 已经到时间了 |
[05:41] | Thank you for listening. | 感谢您的收听 |
[05:42] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, wishing you all good mental health. | 我是祝您精神安康的Frasier Crane医生 |
[05:47] | OK, let’s talk about Dr. Crane’s show. | 好了 让我们来谈谈Crane医生秀 |
[05:51] | Oh, I know you’ve been eyeing this two-way mirror, | 我知道你们一直在盯着这面双向镜 |
[05:53] | but the other people behind there are data consultants, | 但镜子后面不过是数据顾问罢了 |
[05:55] | so please speak freely. | 所以请放心发言 |
[05:57] | There’s no one involved | 这后面没有节目里的人 |
[05:58] | with the show whose feelings could be hurt. | 没人的感情会受到伤害 |
[05:59] | If anybody says anything bad about me, I’ll kill myself! | 只要有人说我的坏话 我就死给他看 |
[06:02] | Now, Roz, relax. | 行了 Roz 放松点儿 |
[06:04] | We do a perfectly good show. | 我们做的节目一级棒 |
[06:05] | We’re not gonna change it one iota. | 我们不会做丝毫的改变 |
[06:07] | Only a fool would listen | 只有傻子才会听 |
[06:08] | to the opinion of every Tom, Dick, and Harry. | 什么阿猫阿狗的意见 |
[06:10] | I liked everything about it. | 我挺喜欢这节目 |
[06:12] | On the other hand, it’s good to keep an open mind. | 话说回来 保持开放的心态也不错 |
[06:15] | I like that Roz. | 我蛮钟意那个Roz |
[06:16] | I think her voice is really sexy, | 我觉得她的嗓音真是性感 |
[06:18] | especially that throaty laugh of hers. | 尤其是那低沉的笑声 |
[06:21] | Wow, that’s nice. | 哎呀 真是贴心 |
[06:22] | I didn’t know I had a throaty laugh. | 我都不知道自己有着低沉的笑声 |
[06:24] | You do. | 这个你真有 |
[06:25] | I’ve noticed it too. | 我也注意到了 |
[06:27] | Really? Oh, you. | 真的么 哎呦 你 |
[06:34] | The stuff he says really seems to make a lot of sense. | 他说的话似乎真的很有道理 |
[06:37] | Yeah, it’s funny. | 是啊 很有意思 |
[06:39] | I mean, he takes his callers seriously, | 他真的很认真对待他的听众 |
[06:40] | but he can kid around with them too. | 但也能和他们瞎开玩笑 |
[06:42] | Yeah, I listen to a lot of radio, | 是啊 我常听收音机 |
[06:44] | and I think this is a great show. | 这是个很棒的节目 |
[06:47] | Well, I just don’t know how much more of this I can listen to! | 哎呀 再说下去我都不好意思了 |
[06:52] | Manu, I notice you’ve been quiet. | Manu 我发现你一直避而不语 |
[06:54] | Uh, do you have something to say? | 有什么要说的吗 |
[06:56] | Me? No. | 我 没有 |
[07:00] | We’d like to hear your opinion of the program. | 我们想听听你对于节目的意见 |
[07:03] | Well, it… I don’t know. | 那个 我不知道 |
[07:06] | Something about… I don’t like it. | 有些 我不喜欢 |
[07:13] | Well, who is this cheeky nonconformist? | 这个厚脸皮的离经叛道之人打哪儿来的 |
[07:19] | Well, let’s see, his name is Manu Habib, married, | 我看看 他叫Manu Habib 已婚 |
[07:21] | no children, owns his own newsstand. | 没有子女 是开报刊亭的 |
[07:24] | Wow, that is so weird, to | 真是奇怪啊 |
[07:26] | hear someone’s whole life summed up like that. | 一个人的一生就那样被总结出来了 |
[07:29] | “Roz Doyle, Radio Producer, single.” | “Roz Doyle 电台制作人 单身” |
[07:38] | Well, getting back to your thoughts, Manu, | 话说回来 Manu |
[07:40] | you said there was something about the program you didn’t like. | 你说这节目有些地方你不喜欢 |
[07:43] | Can you be more specific. | 能再具体些么 |
[07:45] | Um? I don’t like him. | 恩 我不喜欢他 |
[07:51] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:52] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:53] | I just don’t like him. | 我就是不喜欢他 |
[07:55] | Oh, I do. | 哦 我喜欢 |
[07:56] | I’m gonna start listening to him all the time. | 我会一直听他的节目 |
[07:57] | – It’s a great show. – Yeah, it’s fantastic. | – 非常好的节目 – 是啊 精彩极了 |
[07:59] | He’s wonderful. I love the show. | 他很棒 大爱这节目 |
[08:01] | My God, Frasier, this is a love-fest! | 老天爷啊 Frasier 这简直就是一场爱的盛宴 |
[08:04] | I can’t believe we were even worried about it. | 真不敢相信我们之前还为之担心 |
[08:05] | “I just don’t like him.” Hmm… | “我就是不喜欢他” 恩 |
[08:09] | Well, looks like our coffee’s here. | 诶 我们的咖啡来了 |
[08:11] | Why don’t we take a quick break, OK? | 我们稍稍休息一下吧 好吗 |
[08:13] | Hey, sports fans! | 嘿 球迷们 |
[08:15] | How’s it going in here? | 这里进展如何 |
[08:16] | Bulldog, I thought they were testing your show across the hall? | Bulldog 他们不是在对面考查你的节目呢吗 |
[08:18] | Oh, yeah, they are. | 哦 是的 |
[08:19] | But after ten minutes it’s just the same-old, same-old. | 不过十分钟过后就老一套了 |
[08:21] | Guys love me, chicks pretend not to. | 男人爱我 女人装不爱 |
[08:24] | Whoa, your group’s even uglier than mine! | 哇 你的小组比我的还丑 |
[08:28] | Would you knock it off? | 你能不能闭嘴 |
[08:30] | These people happen to like us. | 这些人恰巧喜欢我们 |
[08:31] | Oh, will you guys lighten up? | 你们放松点儿行不 |
[08:32] | You got to get in the spirit of things. | 做人得领悟到事情的实质 |
[08:34] | Hey, hey! | 嘿 嘿 |
[08:35] | This is great, I live for a moment like this. | 真是太棒了 我就是为这一刻而活的 |
[08:40] | That’s right, that’s right, | 没错 没错 |
[08:41] | go for it, right there, right there. | 来吧 就在那儿 就在那儿 |
[08:43] | Bulldog Bulldog? | |
[08:44] | As long as you’re in there you might as well go after the | 接着抠吧 不妨再追寻一下早餐吃的 |
[08:45] | Huevos Rancheros you had for breakfast! | 墨西哥煎蛋残余的下落 |
[08:47] | Oh, stop it! | 哦 别说了 |
[08:49] | Hey, ten bucks says he eats what he finds. | 嘿 赌10块钱他会吃了他找到的残渣 |
[08:50] | Oh, that’s disgusting! | 真是恶心 |
[08:53] | Come on, come on, come on…. | 来吧 来吧 来吧 |
[08:55] | Bingo! | 全中 |
[08:57] | Do I know these people or what?! | 我了解人性吧 |
[09:04] | Hi, Niles. | 嘿 Niles |
[09:05] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿 老爸 |
[09:07] | May I assume from your dress windbreaker that | 看你穿了防风夹克 我猜想 |
[09:08] | you’ll be joining us for dinner? | 你将会和我们共进晚餐吧 |
[09:11] | Yep, but I’m making a pitch that we eat at the Timber Mill. | 是的 但我希望我们能在”木材厂”吃 |
[09:14] | I got a coupon from there that expires tomorrow. | 我有一张那里的优惠券 明天就过期了 |
[09:16] | Oh. If I dine there tonight, so may I. | 哦 如果我今晚在那儿吃 明儿我也就断气了 |
[09:21] | – Oh… – Hello, Dr. Crane. | – 噢 – 你好啊 Crane医生 |
[09:23] | There’s the British bobcat! | 英国山猫在这儿啊 |
[09:27] | Now, look, she’s still a little bit over | 听着 关于Joe的事情她还是 |
[09:29] | the edge about this Joe thing. | 有些不爽 |
[09:30] | So you better watch your step or you’re gonna | 所以你最好留点儿神要不然又会 |
[09:32] | have a repeat of this morning. | 重复今早的悲剧 |
[09:33] | We wouldn’t want that, would we? | 我们可不希望这种事发生 是吧 |
[09:37] | Chips, Daphne? Was that wise? | 薯片 Daphne 这样做明智吗 |
[09:40] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[09:41] | You know what they say, “Many chips make for chunky hips.” | 你知道他们怎么说 “多多薯片肥肥臀” |
[09:46] | Waddle, waddle, waddle! | 一摇一摆 一摇一摆 一摇一摆 |
[09:52] | Have you lost your mind?! | 疯了吧你 |
[09:53] | No, no, I’m…. I’m glad if I put on a few pounds. | 不 不 要是能重几磅我挺高兴的 |
[09:56] | Now maybe Joe will stop nagging me to plump up! | 也许Joe就不会唠叨着让我更丰满点儿了 |
[10:00] | Hey, Fras, how was the focus group? | 嘿 Fras 焦点讨论小组进行得怎样 |
[10:03] | Fine, I guess. | 还行吧 |
[10:04] | Oh, well, you said yourself they didn’t mean anything. | 你自己都说这没有什么意义的 |
[10:07] | Yes, well, it’s one thing to say that. | 是啊 说是一码事 |
[10:08] | It’s another to sit there being personally attacked! | 坐在那里被人进行人身攻击是另一码事了 |
[10:13] | One man actually said, | 有个男的竟然说 |
[10:14] | “I just don’t like him.” | “我就是不喜欢他” |
[10:18] | Only one? | 只有一个么 |
[10:23] | I’m healing with humour. | 我在用幽默治疗你 |
[10:26] | I’ll stop now. | 我这就闭嘴 |
[10:30] | I’m sure someone must have said something nice. | 我肯定有人说了一些好话 |
[10:32] | Well, all the other eleven had nothing but high praise. | 其他11个人都给了很高的评价 |
[10:35] | Eleven out of twelve liked you? | 12个人里有11个喜欢你 |
[10:36] | You should be thrilled! | 你应该欣喜若狂了 |
[10:38] | FDR didn’t have that kind of approval rating. | 罗斯福都没有这样高的支持率 |
[10:40] | Yes, or Churchill for that matter. | 是啊 丘吉尔也没有 |
[10:42] | Churchill, that cigar-chomping gin blossom with a face attached! | 丘吉尔 那个挂着张人脸的抽着雪茄的杜松子酒花 |
[10:49] | You’re right about that. | 这点你倒是说对了 |
[10:51] | There’s a kiss hello to put you off your tea. | 失去品茶的雅兴了吧 |
[10:57] | I wish I was able to talk to this man and ask him what it is | 真希望我能当面问问这个男的究竟 |
[11:00] | about me that he doesn’t like. | 不喜欢我哪一点 |
[11:01] | But, I-I can’t, you see, he was told that | 但我不能这么做 台里跟他们说 |
[11:03] | his comments would be kept confidential. | 他们的评论将会被保密 |
[11:05] | Just forget it. | 你就算了吧 |
[11:06] | Come on, let’s go out to dinner. | 我们出去吃晚餐 |
[11:07] | I’m buying. | 我请客 |
[11:07] | Well, what is it he doesn’t like about me? | 究竟我身上哪一点他就不喜欢了 |
[11:09] | It’s… it’s my voice, my manner, do I intimidate him? | 是我的声音 我的态度 我威胁到他了 |
[11:12] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[11:12] | What is it about you? | 究竟是你身上哪一点呢 |
[11:13] | Everybody has to love you! | 人人都得爱你 |
[11:15] | Just like when you were in that play in high school. | 就跟你上高中时演的那出戏剧一样 |
[11:17] | You get standing ovations every night, | 每一晚观众都为你起立鼓掌 |
[11:18] | all your friends say that you’re great, | 你所有的朋友都要说你棒极了 |
[11:20] | you got one lousy review in the school paper | 在校报上出现一个差评 |
[11:22] | and you sulked for a week. | 你就生了一个星期的闷气 |
[11:23] | Well, you know, Dad, | 要知道 老爸 |
[11:24] | I’d like to think I’ve matured a bit since then. | 我认为自己比那时成熟一点儿了 |
[11:26] | But, you know, you would have sulked too, | 但是 如果你读了那报纸 |
[11:27] | if you’d read in the paper, | 你也会闷闷不乐的 |
[11:28] | “Mr. Crane’s attempts to gyrate his hips as Conrad, | “Crane先生模仿’欢乐今宵’中 |
[11:30] | the teen idol in ‘Bye-Bye, Birdie’, made this reviewer say, | 青少年偶像康瑞德扭转臀部的动作 获得以下评语 |
[11:33] | ‘Bye-bye, breakfast!'” | ‘再见 早饭'” |
[11:40] | That review was a mash note compared to my first draft. | 与我的初稿相比 那篇评论就是封情书 |
[11:49] | I know just what you’re going through. | 我完全了解你的感受 |
[11:51] | I once won a dance competition hands down, | 我曾经易如反掌地赢了一场舞蹈比赛 |
[11:53] | but instead of celebrating I spent the whole night | 但是不但没庆祝 我一整晚都在 |
[11:56] | fretting over my one bad score. | 烦恼我得的那个最低分 |
[11:59] | Silly-head! | 傻瓜 |
[12:00] | Idiot. | 蠢蛋 |
[12:04] | Oh, I’ve stepped in it now! | 哦 我又进入雷区了 |
[12:08] | Listen here, Dr. Crane? | 听好了 Crane医生 |
[12:09] | Yeah, Daphne? | 有何指教 Daphne |
[12:10] | All right now, Daphne, just a moment! | 好了 Daphne 稍等一下 |
[12:13] | Just try to remember what | 你想想啊 |
[12:14] | you’re like when you’re arguing with Joe. | 你和Joe争吵时是什么样 |
[12:15] | Consider Niles’s situation. | 考虑下Niles的处境 |
[12:16] | He’s separated. | 他现在分居了 |
[12:18] | You can’t imagine the sort of emotional see-saw he’s on. | 你无法想象他是坐在怎样的情感跷跷板上 |
[12:20] | Not to mention the fact that he may be unaware that | 更不用提他也许并没意识到 |
[12:21] | he’s acting like a complete jackass! | 他现在的行为就是个十足的混蛋 |
[12:25] | Of course, you’re right. | 当然 你说得对 |
[12:27] | I’m sorry, I should be more sensitive. | 我很抱歉 我应该更善解人意些 |
[12:29] | Well, from now on, nothing you say can make me cross with you. | 从此以后 无论你说什么我都不会对你生气了 |
[12:41] | I suppose I had that coming. | 自作孽不可活 |
[12:43] | Though I think “Jackass” was a tad over the line. | 不过我觉得”混蛋”有点儿过分了 |
[12:46] | Well, just consider it payback for the headline, | 就把它当成评论标题的回报吧 |
[12:48] | “Crane’s ‘Birdie’ Lays An Egg!” | “Crane的’小鸟儿’下蛋了 |
[12:50] | Come on, now, Fras, you got to let it go. | 好了 Fras 你得看开点儿 |
[12:52] | You know, no matter who you are, | 你要知道 无论你是谁 |
[12:54] | no matter what you do, you can’t please everybody. | 你做了何事 你无法让每个人都满意 |
[12:57] | I suppose my negative baggage | 我想我的负能量行李 |
[12:59] | is just a pound or two over the weight limit. | 确实有些超重了 |
[13:01] | – Okay, good, come on, let’s go have dinner. – Alright. | – 很好 来吧 我们去吃晚餐 – 好的 |
[13:04] | This is good! | 这样很好 |
[13:05] | This is healthy! | 这才健康 |
[13:06] | I’m… I’m letting go! | 我看开啦 |
[13:16] | There he is. | 他在那儿 |
[13:20] | The man who… doesn’t like me. | 那个 不喜欢我的男人 |
[13:23] | I knew we should have taken two cars. | 就知道我们应该开两辆车 |
[13:33] | What the hell is the matter with you? | 你到底有什么毛病 |
[13:36] | I’m sorry, Dad. | 我很抱歉 老爸 |
[13:36] | It’s just that “I just don’t like him,” | 只是那句”我就是不喜欢他” |
[13:39] | it’s just not specific enough. | 不够具体啊 |
[13:42] | Why doesn’t he like me? | 他为什么不喜欢我 |
[13:43] | What difference does it make? | 原因真那么重要吗 |
[13:44] | Well, if his point was valid, then I would do something about it. | 如果他的论点有根有据 我自会对此作出调整 |
[13:47] | If it’s not, well, then I could dismiss it. | 如果没有 那么我就会置之不理 |
[13:49] | Fine, go talk to him. | 那好 去找他谈 |
[13:50] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[13:51] | He’s not supposed to know I was part of the focus group. But… | 他不能知道我也参与了焦点小组的讨论 但是 |
[13:54] | You, Dad! You could go talk to him for me. | 你 老爸 你可以去找他谈 |
[13:57] | Oh, for crying out loud? | 哎呦 我的天哪 |
[13:59] | Look, if we’re going to be here for a while, | 听着 要是我们还要在这儿待一会儿的话 |
[14:01] | could we at least lock the doors? | 能不能至少把门给锁上 |
[14:03] | Relax, Niles, the neighborhood’s Okay. | 放松 Niles 这一片儿挺安全的 |
[14:05] | The docks are two blocks from here! | 码头距离这儿只有两条街 |
[14:07] | So’s the Ritz-Carleton. | 丽思卡尔顿酒店也是啊 |
[14:08] | Exactly! We’re caught halfway between heaven and hell. | 没错 我们就这样被夹在天堂与地狱之间 |
[14:13] | All I want is more information. | 我只是想知道更多信息而已 |
[14:15] | Dad, please? Please go talk to him for me? | 老爸 拜托了 替我跟他谈谈好不 |
[14:17] | All right, if I get an answer for you, can we go to dinner? | 好吧 如果我给你问出了答案 能不能去吃晚餐 |
[14:20] | Okay, fine. | 好 没问题 |
[14:21] | Oh, but wait, wait, wait! | 但是 等等 等等 |
[14:23] | Now you can’t just walk up there and ask him. | 你不能就那么直截了当地走到他面前问他 |
[14:24] | He’ll know that I sent you. | 这样他就知道是我让你去的了 |
[14:26] | Got to find some artful way of introducing the subject. | 得找到一种巧妙的方式引入主题 |
[14:29] | Can we at least hide Dad’s handicapped sign? | 我们能不能至少藏起来老爸残疾的标记 |
[14:32] | It sends a clear signal that we’re incapable of fighting back! | 这明显发出了我们无力反击的信号啊 |
[14:35] | So do your suspenders. | 你的吊裤带也有相同效果 |
[14:38] | All right, I’ve got it, I’ve got it. | 好了 我想好了 |
[14:39] | You’re a business man in town from Chicago. | 你是一个从芝加哥来的商人 |
[14:41] | No, no, it’s too obvious. | 不 不行 太明显了 |
[14:42] | Uh, from Cleveland. | 从克利夫兰来的 |
[14:44] | No one would ever pretend to be from Cleveland. | 没人假装从克利夫兰来 |
[14:45] | Fine, then we eat. | 行了 之后我们去吃饭 |
[14:47] | Wait, wait, we’re not through yet! | 等等 我们还没串完哪 |
[14:48] | Yes, you’ve had a bad sales month, and you’re a little depressed. | 你这个月的销售业绩差极了 心情稍有郁闷 |
[14:51] | You happen to see an ad for my show on the side of a bus, | 碰巧你在公交车车身上看到了我节目的广告 |
[14:53] | and you were wondering if I’m as intelligent as I look. | 于是你想知道我是否如同看上去那样聪明 |
[14:56] | What? | 什么 |
[14:57] | Oh, just word it your own way. | 你再自己组织一下语言 |
[14:58] | Are we clear on this now? | 都清楚了吗 |
[15:01] | All right, I got it. | 行了 我知道了 |
[15:01] | Businessman, Cleveland, depression, then eat! | 商人 克利夫兰 郁闷 然后去吃饭 |
[15:05] | Yes, Dad, eat! | 好 老爸 吃饭 |
[15:07] | Honestly, sometimes you can get so obsessed about things! | 说真的 你一直念叨这件事不烦啊 |
[15:12] | Oh, God, it’s raining! | 老天爷 还下雨了 |
[15:19] | Hi, I’m Marty Crane. | 嗨 我是Marty Crane |
[15:20] | My son’s Dr. Frasier Crane. | Frasier Crane医生是我儿子 |
[15:22] | He’s across the street in that BMW. | 他在街对面的那辆宝马里 |
[15:24] | No, don’t look! | 不 别看 |
[15:26] | Oh, my God. | 哦 老天爷 |
[15:27] | He was behind the mirror. | 他当时在镜子后面 |
[15:28] | Look, don’t worry about it. | 听着 不用担心 |
[15:30] | He’s not mad at you. | 他并不生你的气 |
[15:31] | He just wants to know why you don’t like him. | 他只是想知道你为什么不喜欢他 |
[15:32] | But I do like him. | 但我喜欢他 |
[15:34] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不喜欢 |
[15:35] | Oh, yes, I do! | 是的 我喜欢 |
[15:36] | No, he heard what you said. | 不 他听见你说的话了 |
[15:38] | They lied to me. | 他们骗我 |
[15:39] | They lied about.. They lied about the mirror, | 他们撒谎 他们对镜子的事撒谎了 |
[15:42] | they lied about the free gift. | 他们对免费礼品的事也撒谎了 |
[15:45] | If that’s a tod pack, what the hell is funny pack | 这哪儿是托德手提包 这根本就是腰包好吧 |
[15:50] | Look, I just need you to be a little more specific. | 听着 我只需要你说得 |
[15:53] | What don’t you like him about. | 再具体些 你到底不喜欢他哪儿 |
[15:55] | I can’t do this. | 我做不来 |
[15:56] | I don’t like to say bad things about people, | 我不喜欢说别人坏话 |
[15:59] | and you are his father? | 而且是当着他父亲的面 |
[16:00] | No, you’d be doing me a favor! | 不 你这是帮了我 |
[16:01] | Just… just answer this one question, | 就 就回答这一个问题 |
[16:03] | and we’ll all get out of your life forever. | 然后我们就彻底在你的生命当中消失 |
[16:06] | You’re promising? | 你保证 |
[16:07] | Absolutely. | 绝对地 |
[16:09] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:11] | I-I don’t know your son well. | 我 我不太了解你儿子 |
[16:13] | But, uh, I guess I find him, uh, just a little bit… | 但是 额 我觉得他 有点儿 |
[16:20] | Yeah? | 什么 |
[16:21] | Annoying. | 烦人 |
[16:23] | Okay. You did good. | 好的 你做得很好 |
[16:25] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[16:25] | Please tell your son I’m sorry that he annoys me so much. | 请转告你儿子很抱歉他让我这么烦 |
[16:29] | Will do. | 没问题 |
[16:32] | Not yet… not yet… not yet. | 不行 不行 还不行 |
[16:35] | OK, unlock! | 行了 开锁 |
[16:42] | And lock! | 上锁 |
[16:45] | Mission accomplished. | 任务完成 |
[16:46] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:47] | Did he believe my story? | 他相信我的故事了吗 |
[16:48] | Oh, yeah, I had him going pretty good. | 是啊 相当顺利 |
[16:49] | That Cleveland thing really sold it. | 克利夫兰那一套真是好使啊 |
[16:52] | Well, we better go eat now, huh? | 我们现在赶紧去吃饭吧 |
[16:54] | Before he sees us again. | 免得他又看见我们 |
[16:54] | Right. | 好吧 |
[16:56] | So, uh, Dad, what doesn’t he like about me? | 那老爸 他到底不喜欢我什么 |
[16:58] | He said you annoy him. | 他说你烦到他了 |
[17:00] | Yes, how so? | 是啊 怎么会 |
[17:02] | Well, I didn’t ask him why. | 我没问他原因 |
[17:04] | What do you mean you didn’t ask him? | 什么叫你没问 |
[17:05] | Oh, geez! | 哦 老天爷啊 |
[17:07] | I’m sorry, Dad, but I have no idea what “He’s annoying” means! | 对不起 老爸 但我真的对于”他很烦人”毫无概念 |
[17:09] | Well, it’s clear enough to me! | 反正我是够清楚了 |
[17:12] | Frasier, not to appear unsympathetic but I | Frasier 不是我没同情心 但我 |
[17:14] | had my I’m dangerous face on | 一直装出’哥很厉害’的表情 |
[17:15] | so long it’s starting to hurt. | 脸上的肌肉已经开始痛了 |
[17:19] | Oh, what is about me he could find so annoying. | 哦 我究竟有什么让他烦的 |
[17:21] | Well, he mentioned something about not letting an old man eat! | 反正他提到了你不让老人家吃饭 |
[17:24] | I’m just going to have to do this myself! | 我终究还是得靠自己啊 |
[17:30] | – Here. – Thank you. | – 拿着 – 谢谢 |
[17:33] | Who’re you calling? | 你在给谁打电话 |
[17:34] | No one. | 没谁 |
[17:35] | I just pressed 911, and I’m keeping my finger poised | 我只是按下了911 然后把手指放在 |
[17:37] | over the Send button in case | 拨打按钮上 |
[17:38] | there’s trouble with those hooligans. | 以免那些小流氓出状况 |
[17:39] | Oh, the UPS men or the little girls playing in the puddles? | 你是指送快递的还是在水坑里玩儿的小女孩 |
[17:46] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:47] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:48] | I can help you? | 有什么需要我帮忙的 |
[17:49] | Uh, yes, yes, you were | 是的 是的 你最近 |
[17:53] | recently speaking with a salesman from Cleveland. | 和一个来自克利夫兰来的商人说过话 |
[17:56] | I don’t think so. | 我想没有 |
[17:57] | It was just five minutes ago. | 就5分钟以前的事儿啊 |
[17:59] | He left you and went over to that car waiting right over there. | 他离开后进了等在那边的那辆车 |
[18:02] | You see? | 看见了吗 |
[18:05] | Oh, God, no. | 哦 老天 不是吧 |
[18:06] | You’re him, it’s you. | 你是他 是你 |
[18:07] | Yes, yes, it is. | 是的 是的 我是 |
[18:08] | I’m so sorry, I really don’t mean to bother you | 我很抱歉 我真的不想打扰你 |
[18:09] | but I would like to just talk to you for a minute. | 但我就想和你聊一会儿 |
[18:12] | I like your show. | 我喜欢你的节目 |
[18:13] | Oh, no. | 不是的 |
[18:14] | Yes, I do. I like your show, and I like you. | 是的 我喜欢 我喜欢你的节目 我也喜欢你 |
[18:18] | That man was my father | 刚才那个男的是我父亲 |
[18:19] | I like your father! | 我喜欢你的父亲 |
[18:20] | Oh, that’s very delightful, but you see, you told him that, | 你真是友好 但你看 你告诉他 |
[18:22] | uh, you find me annoying. | 你觉得我烦人 |
[18:24] | Yes, yes, you did, and that’s all right. | 是的 你说了 这没关系 |
[18:26] | I don’t mind constructive criticism. | 我并不介意建设性的批评 |
[18:27] | It’s just that I wish you could be a bit more specific. | 我就是希望你能再具体点儿 |
[18:30] | What exactly is it about me that you find so annoying? | 我身上究竟哪一点让你觉得烦人了 |
[18:32] | You’re not annoying. | 你不烦人 |
[18:33] | Yes, I am! | 我让人烦 |
[18:34] | – What? – Would I be here if I wasn’t? | – 什么 – 我要是不烦人能在这儿吗 |
[18:36] | Well, I have enjoyed talking to you very much, | 和你谈话很愉快 |
[18:38] | but it’s time for my break. | 但到我休息的时间了 |
[18:39] | Oh, no, no, please! | 哦 别 别 拜托 |
[18:45] | I’m so sorry. | 太抱歉了 |
[18:46] | I am a sticky mess. | 真是一团糟 |
[18:48] | Let me help you with that. | 让我帮你处理一下吧 |
[18:50] | No, no, no, no, it’s fine, good. | 不 不 不 没事儿 挺好的 |
[18:52] | Manu Manu? | |
[18:53] | Drive safely. | 小心开车 |
[18:57] | Oh, dear God! | 哦 老天爷啊 |
[18:58] | I’m so sorry! | 我真是太抱歉了 |
[19:00] | – Are you all right? – No, no. | – 你还好吧 – 别 别 |
[19:01] | Let me look at it, let me look at it? | 让我看看 让我看一下 |
[19:02] | No, no! | 不 不用了 |
[19:03] | Look, I am a doctor. | 我是个医生 |
[19:03] | No, no, I just go to the restaurant to put ice on it. | 不用了 我去餐厅敷上点儿冰块就行了 |
[19:06] | Right, you know, I’ll hold down the fort here! | 好吧 那我就在这儿帮你看摊儿了 |
[19:09] | Glad to be of help! | 很高兴帮到你 |
[19:13] | He’s crushed the gentleman’s hand, and now | 他碾了那位先生的手 现在 |
[19:15] | he appears to be commandeering his newsstand. | 看来他又霸占他的报摊 |
[19:19] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[19:23] | Oh, good lord. | 哦 我的老天爷 |
[19:24] | Smoking in the worst places! | 竟在这种地方抽烟 |
[19:28] | How much for the paper? | 报纸多少钱 |
[19:29] | Ah, yes, uh, well, that would be | 啊 那个 那要 |
[19:32] | oh, fifty cents. | 哦 5毛钱 |
[19:35] | Thank you so much. There we are. | 非常感谢 好了 |
[19:36] | Excuse me, are you Dr. Crane from the radio? | 不好意思 您是电台的那位Crane医生吗 |
[19:39] | Why, yes, I am. | 怎么了 我是 |
[19:40] | Oh, I just never miss your show! | 哦 您的节目我期期都听 |
[19:43] | I love you! | 我特别喜欢您 |
[19:44] | I guess you get tired of hearing that. | 我想这话您已经听烦了吧 |
[19:45] | Oh, occupational hazard. | 哦 职业危害而已 |
[19:49] | Oh, would you mind? | 哦 您介意签个名吗 |
[19:50] | Oh, I wouldn’t mind at all. | 当然不会了 |
[19:52] | To Amanda. | 致Amanda |
[19:53] | Amanda, it’s a pleasure. | Amanda 这是我的荣幸 |
[19:56] | What are you doing here, anyway? | 您在这儿做什么 |
[19:58] | Oh, oh, well you see, let me explain, you see. | 哦 是这样 让我解释一下 |
[20:02] | The, uh, radio station conducted a little audio survey today, | 恩 广播电台今天进行了一个听众调查 |
[20:07] | and although the response was favorable | 虽然在12参与者中 |
[20:10] | from eleven out of twelve of the participants? | 有11位对我赞许有加 |
[20:11] | Is that smoking? | 是冒烟了吗 |
[20:12] | Well, some people might consider it smoking, | 有些人会觉得这就算火得冒烟了 |
[20:15] | but you see, for me? | 但对于我来说嘛 |
[20:16] | Fire! | 着火啦 |
[20:19] | Oh, my God! | 哦 我的老天爷啊 |
[20:27] | oh my god, Frasier set his newsstand on fire. | 上帝 Frasier把人家的报刊亭给烧了 |
[20:32] | Mmm-hmm. | 恩 |
[20:53] | Uh, may I? | 我能坐下吗 |
[21:01] | Look, I know there’s nothing | 我知道我现在说什么 |
[21:03] | I can say right now that would make you feel any better, | 也不能让你感觉好点儿 |
[21:04] | but rest assured, I will | 但请放心 我会 |
[21:06] | be financially responsible for everything. | 承担一切经济损失的 |
[21:12] | All this because you had to know | 搞这么大动静 就因为 |
[21:14] | why I do not like you. | 你非得知道我为什么不喜欢你 |
[21:17] | Well, you were kind of vague. | 你确实有些含糊不清 |
[21:20] | You want to know why? | 你想知道为什么 |
[21:22] | I’ll tell you why. | 那我就告诉你 |
[21:23] | I think you are a smarty-pants. | 我觉得你是个自作聪明的人 |
[21:27] | I was too polite to say that before. | 之前我出于礼貌不好意思说 |
[21:29] | But then you spied on me, | 但你后来又是监视我 |
[21:32] | you… you stalked me, you badgered me, you poured | 又 又跟踪我 不停骚扰我 把饮料 |
[21:35] | Yoo-Hoo down my Dockers, you crunched my hand, and then, as | 撒在我身上 碾了我的手 然后 |
[21:39] | if all that was not enough, you burned down my newsstand, | 还嫌不够似的 你又烧毁了我的报刊亭 |
[21:42] | my livelihood, a gift to me | 我的营生 这是我亲爱的 |
[21:45] | from my beloved uncle, may he rest in peace! | 叔叔送我的礼物 愿他在天安息 |
[21:50] | Was that so hard? | 看 说出口有那么难嘛 |