时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Niles, what are you doing? | Niles 你在干嘛 |
[00:20] | This fruit-nut muffin contains a number of things I don’t care for. | 这个果仁松饼里面有我不喜欢的东西 |
[00:25] | Currants, a husk of something… | 小葡萄干啦 什么东西的糠皮啦 |
[00:28] | Away, wrinkly thing. | 快走开 你这皱巴巴的东西 |
[00:32] | You know, if you and Maris ever reconcile, | 要是你和Maris重归于好了 |
[00:35] | I’m going to miss these tranquil mornings. | 我还真会怀念这些平静的早晨的 |
[00:38] | I reading my newspaper, | 我看我的报纸 |
[00:39] | you tweezing your muffin. | 你挑你的松饼 |
[00:43] | – Hey, boys. – Hello, Dad. | – 早上好 孩儿们 – 早上好 老爸 |
[00:45] | Hey, I got a letter from my old Army pal, Bud Farrell. | 我收到老战友小白寄来的信 |
[00:47] | The whole platoon’s getting | 我们整个野战排 |
[00:48] | together next weekend in Rattlesnake Ridge. | 下周末要在响尾蛇岭聚会 |
[00:50] | Good for you. | 真好 |
[00:52] | Speaking of old chums, Daphne, | 说起老朋友 Daphne |
[00:54] | a Clive called for you a little earlier. | 刚刚有个叫Clive的给你打电话 |
[00:57] | Clive? Did he sound British? | Clive 他口音听起来像英国人吗 |
[01:00] | No, he was one of those fiery Mexican Clives. | 不 是个火爆的墨西哥人 |
[01:05] | – He said he’d call back. – Yeah, I’ll bet he will. | – 他说他晚点再打过来 – 这我倒料着了 |
[01:08] | Oh, boy, I can’t wait to see the old gang. | 一想到要见这群老家伙 我都迫不及待了 |
[01:10] | Dad, you’re not thinking of driving | 爸 你不会是想一路开车 |
[01:12] | all the way to Rattlesnake Ridge? | 去响尾蛇岭吧 |
[01:13] | It’s five hours away. | 那得开5个小时才能到 |
[01:14] | You know how your hip stiffens up. | 你那老胯哪儿受得了啊 |
[01:15] | No problem. They said I can bring a guest. | 没事 他们说我可以带个人去 |
[01:18] | So who’s the lucky one? | 这幸运儿会是谁呢 |
[01:21] | Well, by my count, two of us get to be lucky. | 在我看来 没被选中的两个人才是幸运儿吧 |
[01:24] | Come on, they’re great guys. | 得了 他们人都可好啦 |
[01:26] | Stinky, Wolfman, Boom-Boom, | 臭臭 狼人 嘣嘣 |
[01:28] | Jim. Of course, his name’s not really Jim. | 还有吉姆 不过他本名不是吉姆 |
[01:31] | We call him that because he likes to drink Jim Beam. | 我们这么叫是因为他爱喝吉姆酒 |
[01:32] | Just like we call Hank “Bud” | 就像我们管Hank叫小白 |
[01:34] | Because he drinks Budweiser. | 因为他喜欢喝百威啤酒 |
[01:35] | Come on, you’d love these guys. | 拜托 你们会喜欢他们的 |
[01:37] | We’re sherry drinkers, Dad. Think about it. | 我们可是喝雪莉酒的 老爸 想想也知道 |
[01:43] | Anyway, I have a conference that weekend. | 我这周末要参加一个会议 |
[01:45] | Yeah, and I have me friend Megan’s birthday party. | 我要去我朋友Megan的生日聚会 |
[01:48] | Fras Fras? | |
[01:49] | Oh, please let that be Megan | 老天保佑是Megan打来的 |
[01:50] | needing a clown for her party. | 她就是需要小丑的话我也去 |
[01:56] | Hello? | 你好 |
[01:58] | Oh, Clive. | 哦 Clive |
[02:01] | Yes, it has been a long time, hasn’t it? | 可不是 好久没联系了 |
[02:05] | Oh, I am sorry. I have dinner plans tonight. | 抱歉 我今晚有约了 |
[02:09] | Well, maybe just a drink, then. Say 6:30? | 要不一起喝一杯吧 6点半怎么样 |
[02:14] | Me too. Bye. | 我也是 拜拜 |
[02:18] | Oh, hell. | 老天爷 |
[02:20] | So who is this Clive? | 这Clive是谁呀 |
[02:22] | – An ex-boyfriend? – Worse. | – 前男友吗 – 比那更可怕 |
[02:25] | ex-Fiance | 前未婚夫 |
[02:26] | You were engaged? | 你订过婚 |
[02:28] | For years. Oh, we were mad for each other. | 订了好几年呢 我们爱得痴狂 |
[02:32] | He was very sweet | 他特别温柔 |
[02:33] | and had the most gorgeous eyes you ever saw. | 有着最漂亮的眼睛 |
[02:35] | – But? – Oh, yes, that too. | – 但是(屁股) – 没错 那个也是 |
[02:43] | I just couldn’t see a future with him. | 我跟他在一起看不到未来 |
[02:45] | I mean, the man was a total layabout. | 这人就是个无业游民 |
[02:48] | No ambition, no drive. | 没志向 没追求 |
[02:49] | He couldn’t hold a job. | 甚至不能干好一份工作 |
[02:51] | All he wanted to do was tinker about with his car. | 整天就想着怎么捣腾他的车 |
[02:53] | His hands were always black from the motor oil. | 手上老是有黑色的机油印子 |
[02:56] | What a brutish habit. | 多粗俗的习惯呀 |
[02:57] | If God had intended me to work on my Mercedes, | 老天是不指望我亲自打理我的奔驰 |
[02:59] | he wouldn’t have given me Horst. | 不然怎么会让我遇到我的汽修师呢 |
[03:02] | I had to break it off. | 我不得不跟他分手 |
[03:04] | But I wanted to let him down easily, | 但又不想太伤他的心 |
[03:06] | so I said if we were still free in five years, | 于是就说 如果五年后我们还是单身 |
[03:09] | we could try again. | 就再续前缘 |
[03:11] | And here he is, right on schedule. | 所以他就来了 分毫不差 |
[03:14] | What do I say to him? | 我可怎么跟他说呀 |
[03:16] | Be honest. Tell him how you feel. | 说出你的真实想法 |
[03:17] | What, to break the poor thing’s heart all over again? | 什么 在这可怜人的伤口上再撒把盐 |
[03:19] | In the long run, | 长远来看 |
[03:20] | honesty’s the best way to avoid unnecessary anguish. | 诚实才是避免不必要痛苦的最好办法 |
[03:23] | Well, case in point. | 眼前就有一个例子 |
[03:25] | Dad, I do not have plans for next weekend, | 老爸 我下周末没什么事 |
[03:27] | but I do not intend to spend it in the middle of nowhere | 但也不想去鬼知道什么地方 |
[03:30] | with Budweiser and Boilermaker | 跟百威啤酒 鸡尾酒 |
[03:32] | and their liver-damaged friend, Seltzer. | 他们有肝病的朋友矿泉水一起过周末 |
[03:36] | Well, that’s fine. There will be other reunions. | 那好吧 以后还会有聚会的 |
[03:39] | There, you see? No evasions, | 看到了吧 没有逃避 |
[03:40] | no convenient conferences, | 没有什么不存在的会议 |
[03:42] | just simple honesty. | 就是诚实以待 |
[03:44] | Course, I don’t suppose Jim’ll make it next time. | 当然了 我觉得吉姆活不到下次聚会了 |
[03:46] | Says here he just had his third bypass. | 信里说他刚做了第三个心脏支架 |
[03:48] | But I guess I’ll see him at his funeral. | 但是没事 我可以去他的葬礼上看他 |
[03:50] | Off to work. | 我去工作了 |
[03:51] | Unless I go first! | 除非我先翘辫子了 |
[03:53] | All right! I’ll drive you to your stupid reunion. | 行了 我送你去那个愚蠢的聚会 |
[03:55] | Thanks, son. | 谢了 儿子 |
[03:57] | I guess I better wait a few days | 我最好过几天再告诉他 |
[03:59] | to tell him about Stinky needing a ride. | 臭臭也得搭我们的车 |
[04:07] | 下一幕 女人都喜欢翘屁股 | |
[04:10] | And in closing, this goes out to Keith, | 最后 我要跟Keith留个话 |
[04:12] | the narcoleptic I spoke to earlier. | 也就是刚刚打进来的嗜眠患者 |
[04:15] | I’d be glad to resume our conversation | 希望等你更清醒一点的时候 |
[04:16] | when you feel a bit more alert. | 咱们再继续讨论你的问题 |
[04:17] | But in the meantime, | 但是同时 |
[04:19] | I suggest that you reconsider applying for | 我建议你再考虑一下要不要去应征 |
[04:21] | that air-traffic-control position. | 那个空中交通管制的职位 |
[04:25] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[04:26] | KACL 780 A.M. | KACL 780频道 |
[04:29] | Brilliant show, Frasier. | 今天的节目这不错 Frasier |
[04:31] | Chock-full of pithy insight. | 全是精辟的见解 |
[04:33] | – What do you want? – A favor. | – 你想求我干嘛 – 帮个忙呗 |
[04:35] | Bonnie Weems, the Auto Lady, | Bonnie Weems 就是做汽车秀的那位 |
[04:37] | just asked me to another one of her wretched dinner parties. | 又拉我去参加她那悲催的晚宴 |
[04:40] | I’m planning on saying | 我准备跟她说 |
[04:41] | that you and I have ballet tickets that night, | 咱俩准备那天晚上去看芭蕾剧 |
[04:43] | – so do back me up. – I’m sorry, I can’t. | – 请和我统一口径 – 抱歉 我帮不了你了 |
[04:45] | No, you’ve got to. | 不行 你必须帮我 |
[04:46] | Have you any idea how vile her food is? | 你知不知道她们家的饭有多难吃 |
[04:48] | The local raccoons have posted warning signs on her trash bin. | 连浣熊都觉得她家的垃圾桶是觅食禁地 |
[04:53] | Yes, you see, she already invited me, | 她刚才邀请过我了 |
[04:55] | and I told her I was driving my father | 我已经跟她说那天我得送我爸 |
[04:56] | to his Army reunion at Rattlesnake Ridge. | 去响尾蛇岭参加战友的聚会 |
[04:58] | Oh, very clever. | 聪明啊 |
[05:00] | Well, I’d use it myself, | 我倒也想用这个借口 |
[05:01] | only I killed my father off | 只是为了不去她的劳动节野餐 |
[05:02] | to escape her Labor Day clambake. | 我说去参加我爸的葬礼了 |
[05:06] | Oh, Roz. Listen, I’m going to the opera tomorrow night. | Roz 我明晚要去歌剧院了 |
[05:10] | You didn’t happen to remember to bring my–? | 你有没有带我的 |
[05:11] | Oh, your opera glasses. | 看歌剧用的望远镜 |
[05:12] | I’m so sorry. They completely slipped my mind. | 真抱歉 我居然给忘了 |
[05:15] | I wouldn’t mind if you hadn’t borrowed them | 我本来也不介意 但你借去就是为了 |
[05:16] | to ogle that bodybuilder that moved in across the street. | 偷窥对面的健身教练 |
[05:19] | I’ve looked once or twice. | 我就看过一两次 |
[05:22] | It’s not like I copied his name off his mailbox | 我又没有从邮箱上抄下他的名字 |
[05:24] | so I could look up his number | 从电话黄页里找到他的号码 |
[05:26] | and call him while he’s in the shower | 在他洗澡的时候给他电话 |
[05:27] | so I could watch him cross the room naked | 好看他裸着穿过房间 |
[05:28] | to answer the phone in front of the picture window. | 去落地窗前接电话 |
[05:31] | That would be wrong. | 那才是不对的 |
[05:33] | I want them back. | 还给我 |
[05:34] | I refuse to squint through Pagliacci | 我不要再眯着眼看<小丑> |
[05:35] | while you’re trying to watch The Magic Flute. | 当你在欣赏<魔笛>的时候 |
[05:44] | Dr. Crane, I need your opinion on this outfit. | Crane医生 帮我看看这套衣服吧 |
[05:47] | I wanted something that sent no romantic signals whatsoever. | 我想穿得不给他任何浪漫的幻想 |
[05:55] | Well, short of a cactus corsage, | 除了缺朵仙人掌花 |
[05:57] | I think you’ve captured it. | 我觉得你的目的已经达到了 |
[06:00] | You know, Daphne, it’s been five years. | Daphne 已经五年了 |
[06:02] | That’s an awfully long time to carry a torch. | 单相思这么久不容易 |
[06:04] | Maybe he just wants to say hello. | 也许他就是想来打个招呼呢 |
[06:06] | Oh, I certainly hope so. | 我倒是希望如此 |
[06:07] | The thought of having to reject the poor thing again | 一想到要再次拒绝这个可人儿 |
[06:09] | is more than I can bear. | 我的心就拔凉拔凉的 |
[06:12] | Oh, dear. It’s him. | 天哪 他来了 |
[06:14] | – Anything between me teeth? – No. | – 我牙缝里有东西吗 – 没有 |
[06:16] | Do we have any spinach in the fridge? | 冰箱里还有菠菜能让我贴牙上吗 |
[06:18] | Just answer the door. | 快去开门 |
[06:25] | Oh, Dr. Crane. I was afraid you were Clive. | Crane医生 我还怕是Clive到了呢 |
[06:28] | Clive? | 哪个Clive |
[06:29] | Oh, Clive. | 哦 Clive呀 |
[06:30] | Oh, was that tonight? | 噢 他今晚来吗 |
[06:33] | Oh, well, don’t I feel silly | 我怎么忘了 |
[06:35] | bringing over this thousand-piece jigsaw puzzle. | 还想着拿拼图过来玩呢 |
[06:41] | Niles, I’m sure that Daphne doesn’t want us horning in on her reunion. | Niles Daphne应该不想咱俩在这儿碍事了 |
[06:44] | We’re going to dinner. | 咱们出去吃饭吧 |
[06:45] | Well, can we order in? | 咱们还是叫外卖吧 |
[06:46] | I’ve already assembled one kitten and two yarn balls. | 我已经拼好一只小猫和两个毛线球了 |
[06:51] | I’m getting my jacket. | 我去拿外套了 |
[06:55] | Niles, for God’s sake, will you give them some privacy. | Niles 我的老天 你避开点不行吗 |
[07:06] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 你好吗 – 你好吗 |
[07:09] | Look at you. You look wonderful. | 看看你 还是那么美 |
[07:11] | – Oh, go on! – No, no, I mean it. | – 接着夸 – 不 我是认真的 |
[07:14] | Very pretty and warm. | 你还是那么漂亮 穿得很 暖和 |
[07:18] | So… | 那么 |
[07:20] | So… | 那么 |
[07:25] | – Oh, God. – What? | – 天哪 – 怎么了 |
[07:26] | I’ve gotten a spot of axle grease on your sweater. | 我手上的车轴油蹭你毛衣上了 |
[07:28] | Oh, no, it’s all right, really. | 没事 真的 |
[07:30] | It’s just a ratty old thing. | 也不是什么新衣服 |
[07:32] | Please, come in. | 快请进 |
[07:34] | – Same old Clive, I see. – I suppose so. | – 看来你还是那个老样子 – 差不多吧 |
[07:38] | So, what brings you to Seattle? | 你怎么到西雅图来了 |
[07:42] | My undying love for you. | 我对你未熄的爱火指引我来的 |
[07:44] | Oh, damn! I meant to lead up to that. Sorry. | 该死 我没想这么直不愣登的 抱歉 |
[07:47] | – No, it’s all right. Just a bit… – Abrupt. | – 没什么 就是有点 – 突然 |
[07:51] | No “How are you,” | 也不说句 “你过得怎么样” |
[07:51] | No “Nice place you have here.” | 或“你家真漂亮” |
[07:53] | By the way, it is lovely. | 对了 你家真漂亮 |
[07:55] | Is that the Space Needle? | 那是太空针塔吗 |
[07:57] | – Clive. – Big. | – Clive – 真大 |
[08:00] | Anyway, I remembered what you told me five years ago, | 总之吧 我记得你五年前对我说的 |
[08:03] | and I thought my feelings might change. | 我以为我的爱会随时间消逝 |
[08:06] | Five years is a long time, but– | 五年很长 但 |
[08:08] | Oh, Clive. I’ve… | Clive 我已经 |
[08:09] | No, no, let me finish. | 别 别 让我说完 |
[08:11] | My feelings for you haven’t changed. | 我还一直爱着你 |
[08:13] | I think about you every day, every night. | 我每天每夜都想着你 |
[08:15] | And there comes a time in every man’s life | 每个男人一生中总有一次 |
[08:17] | when he’s gotta summon the courage | 得鼓起勇气 |
[08:18] | to look a woman in the eye and say– | 看着心爱女人的眼睛说 |
[08:20] | Cheese Nips? | 吃芝士片吗 |
[08:27] | I’m sorry. Is this a bad moment? | 抱歉 我是不是来的不是时候 |
[08:29] | – Well, actually, I was… – No, no, not at all. | – 我正在 – 不 不会 |
[08:33] | Well, this is my very dear old friend, Clive Roddy. | 这是我的老朋友 Clive Roddy |
[08:37] | Clive, I’d like you to meet Dr. Niles Crane… | Clive 这是Niles Crane医生 |
[08:40] | …my husband. | 我丈夫 |
[08:47] | – Your husband? – Oh, yes. | – 你丈夫 – 是的 |
[08:49] | Six months next week. | 下周就结婚半年了 |
[08:52] | Well, congratulations. | 恭喜你们 |
[08:54] | You’re a very lucky man. | 你真幸运 |
[09:03] | Six months? | 半年 |
[09:04] | You two are practically newlyweds. | 那还算是新婚 |
[09:06] | Yes, we’re still at that honeymoon stage. | 我们还在蜜月期 |
[09:08] | It’s sickening, really. | 腻歪得不得了 |
[09:14] | Revolting. | 鸡皮疙瘩掉一地 |
[09:19] | Positively stomach-turning. | 腻歪到让人反胃 |
[09:21] | Darling! | 亲爱的 |
[09:23] | – Well, I should be going. – No! | – 我该走了 – 别 |
[09:25] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[09:27] | …we’re so enjoying having you here. | 你来了我们都很高兴 |
[09:31] | I did promise you a drink. | 我答应跟你喝一杯的 |
[09:32] | Oh, well, I suppose I could stay for a beer. | 好吧 那我就留下来喝杯啤酒 |
[09:35] | Oh, good. | 太好了 |
[09:36] | Darling, would you give me a hand in the kitchen, please? | 亲爱的 你来厨房帮我一下吧 |
[09:39] | Certainly, my angel. | 马上来 天使 |
[09:44] | Dr. Crane, I’m so sorry. | Crane医生 我很抱歉 |
[09:46] | It seemed the kindest way to let him down. | 这是我能想到最委婉的拒绝了 |
[09:48] | I didn’t mean to put you in such an awkward position. | 我没想让你尴尬的 |
[09:51] | When it comes to you, no position is too awkward. | 为了你 多尴尬我也愿意 |
[09:58] | Oh, hello. You must be Clive. | 你好啊 你一定是Clive |
[10:00] | – Yeah. And you’re…? – Dr. Frasier Crane. | – 是的 您是 – Frasier Crane医生 |
[10:02] | Oh, Niles’ brother. | Niles的哥哥 |
[10:04] | Yes. You’ve met Niles? | 没错 你见过Niles了 |
[10:06] | Just now. | 刚认识 |
[10:07] | Though I used to know his wife quite well. | 不过我跟他太太很熟 |
[10:13] | Really, you know his wife? | 真的假的 你认识他太太 |
[10:16] | She’s one of a kind, that one. | 她真是独一无二的 |
[10:17] | Isn’t she? | 可不 |
[10:21] | Certainly can light up a room. | 简直蓬荜生辉 |
[10:23] | Oh, yes. Usually by leaving it. | 是啊 她一离开 屋子就光明了 |
[10:27] | – Frasier – Clive – Frasier! – Clive! | |
[10:30] | I see you’ve met my husband’s brother. | 你见过我丈夫的哥哥啦 |
[10:33] | Yeah. I’m not intruding on some family occasion, am I? | 我没打扰你们的家庭聚会吧 |
[10:36] | Oh, no, not at all. | 没有 没有 |
[10:38] | Frasier lives here. I mean, temporarily. | Frasier住这儿 暂时的 |
[10:40] | – You see, he’s… – He’s had a spat with his wife. | – 他 他 – 他正和他太太闹别扭呢 |
[10:46] | Maris. | 他太太芳名Maris |
[10:52] | Sorry to hear that. | 真遗憾 |
[10:53] | Yes, me too. | 我也挺遗憾的 |
[10:55] | You know, Daphne, I’m parched. | Daphne 我渴极了 |
[10:57] | Could you show me again where we keep the wine? | 你能不能来帮我找瓶酒 |
[11:00] | Of course. Could you spare me a minute? | 没问题 我失陪一会儿 |
[11:03] | Oh, wait. You have to pay the love toll. | 等等 你得交放行费 |
[11:09] | Too much. Here’s your change. | 给太多了 给你找零 |
[11:18] | Can you stay for dinner? | 你能留下来吃晚餐吗 |
[11:22] | I told you to be honest, | 我叫你诚实以待 |
[11:23] | but did you listen? No. | 你听我的了吗 没有 |
[11:24] | No, instead, you subject us to this ridiculous charade. | 相反 你给我整了这么荒谬的一出 |
[11:26] | Just play along, please. | 就帮帮忙吧 求你了 |
[11:28] | I swear, one drink and he’s out the door. | 我发誓 喝完这杯他就走了 |
[11:30] | – He’s staying for dinner. – What? | – 他要留下来吃晚饭 – 什么 |
[11:33] | Well, how did that happen? | 怎么回事 |
[11:34] | He just sort of invited himself. | 他不请自留了 |
[11:36] | Pretty damn cheeky, if you ask me. | 要我说 他脸皮够厚的 |
[11:39] | Dear God. | 老天爷 |
[11:40] | Obviously he has hopes of winning you back. | 看这情形 他是想重新赢回你的心 |
[11:42] | We must keep these displays of affection | 咱们秀恩爱必须得真情实感了 |
[11:44] | as realistic as possible. | 越真越好 |
[11:47] | What will I serve? | 吃什么呀 |
[11:48] | Do we still have that lasagne? | 中午的千层面还有剩下吗 |
[11:50] | Daphne, you don’t expect me to endure an entire evening of this nonsense. | 你不会是想让我整个晚上在这演闹剧吧 |
[11:53] | Just do this for me, | 你帮帮我吧 |
[11:53] | and anything you want, name anything, it’s yours. | 作为回报 你要什么都行 |
[11:56] | Anything? | 什么都行 |
[11:59] | Except Rattlesnake Ridge. | 除了去响尾蛇岭 |
[12:01] | – Oh, Clive? – All right, I’ll take him. | – Clive – 算你狠 我送他去 |
[12:04] | – Lasagne all right for dinner? – Super. | – 晚饭吃千层面行吗 – 好呀 |
[12:08] | I’m warning you, one thing goes wrong | 我可警告你 要有什么蛛丝马迹露馅儿了 |
[12:10] | and the whole deal’s off. | 你就自己送他去吧 |
[12:11] | Oh, it can’t go wrong. | 不会有事的 |
[12:12] | We just have to stick to our stories | 我们就跟着现有剧情走 |
[12:13] | and avoid unnecessary complications. | 避免更复杂的情况出现 |
[12:15] | Well, I see we got company! | 家里来人啦 |
[12:18] | – Dad! – Dad! | – 老爸 – 老爸 |
[12:19] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[12:25] | Clive, I’d like you to meet my new husband’s father. | Clive 这是我新婚丈夫的爸爸 |
[12:29] | Or as we sometimes say in this country, father-in-law. | 在我们这儿 她应该叫他公公 |
[12:34] | I’m Clive Roddy. | 我是Clive Roddy |
[12:35] | Yeah, hi, Marty Crane. | 你好 Marty Crane |
[12:37] | Somebody tell me what’s– | 你们谁来告诉我 |
[12:39] | Daphne, we’ve been so remiss. | Daphne 咱们太不长心了 |
[12:40] | We haven’t even given Clive the tour. | 咱还没带Clive参观一下呢 |
[12:43] | Oh, yes, quite right. | 可不是 |
[12:44] | Well, this is the living room. | 这是客厅 |
[12:46] | Well, I think he’d be more interested in the master bathroom. | 他肯定更想看看主卫 |
[12:50] | The shower being so large, | 那儿的淋蓬头贼大 |
[12:52] | and Manchester being so rainy. | 和曼彻斯特一样 有多雨的感觉 |
[12:56] | – Right this way. – There you go. | – 这边请 – 这边 |
[12:59] | – Oh, you forgot to pay the toll. – Niles! | – 你还没付放行费呢 – Niles |
[13:01] | Never mind. | 算了 |
[13:05] | All right, now go away. | 行了 你赶紧出去吧 |
[13:06] | What for? What the hell’s going on here? | 干嘛 到底怎么回事 |
[13:08] | Clive is Daphne’s old boyfriend. | Clive是Daphne以前的男朋友 |
[13:10] | She’s letting him down easily | 她骗他说和Niles结婚了 |
[13:11] | by pretending to be married to Niles. | 好委婉地拒绝他 |
[13:13] | So this is my place. | 所以这其实是我家 |
[13:14] | Frasier is staying here | Frasier暂时住在这儿 |
[13:15] | temporarily because he’s separated from Maris. | 因为他正在跟Maris分居 |
[13:18] | You couldn’t stand her either, huh? | 你也受不了她吧 |
[13:25] | That’s very amusing. | 真搞笑 |
[13:28] | Do I still live here? | 那我还住这儿吗 |
[13:29] | Yes, of course you do. | 当然了 |
[13:30] | For this evening, it might be best if you excused yourself. | 但今晚你最好还是出去吧 |
[13:32] | You see, it requires quick thinking, | 这事儿需要脑子快 |
[13:33] | improvisational skills | 能随机应变 |
[13:34] | and a knack for remembering details. | 还得能记住所有的细节 |
[13:36] | Well, never used any of those skills as an undercover cop. | 奇怪 我做卧底的时候这些本事都没用上 |
[13:38] | Please, Dad, don’t be offended. | 老爸 你别生气 |
[13:40] | I’m not offended. No. | 我干嘛生气呢 |
[13:41] | My two sons have just said I have oatmeal for brains. | 就因为我儿子说我脑子里都是浆糊吗 |
[13:45] | So Daphne tells me you’re both psychiatrists. | Daphne跟我说 你俩都是心理医生 |
[13:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:49] | Fascinating. | 真酷 |
[13:50] | You a psychiatrist as well, Marty? | 您也是心理医生吗 Marty |
[13:51] | Oh, me? No, no, I’m retired. | 我 不 我退休了 |
[13:54] | And what did you do? | 您以前是干什么的呢 |
[13:56] | I was an astronaut. | 我是个宇航员 |
[14:02] | Were you? | 真的 |
[14:04] | You actually flew space missions? | 你去过外太空执行任务吗 |
[14:06] | Yeah, a few. | 去过几次 |
[14:07] | Me and Neil Armstrong. | 跟Nile Armstrong |
[14:08] | Buzz Aldrin. | 还有Buzz Aldrin他们 |
[14:10] | Yeah, I was the one who gave him his nickname Buzz, you know. | Buzz这外号还是我给起的呢 |
[14:13] | Yeah, most people think it’s because he flew fast. Not true. | 别人都以为是因为他飞得快 不是的 |
[14:16] | He was scared of bees. | 因为他害怕蜜蜂 |
[14:35] | Who is it? | 谁呀 |
[14:37] | Open up, Frasier, it’s me. | 开门 Frasier 是我 |
[14:39] | What do you know, it’s Maris! | 你说巧不巧 是Maris |
[14:47] | Here are your stupid opera glasses. | 还你这蠢望远镜 |
[14:49] | Are we friends again? | 你不生我的气了吧 |
[14:50] | Darling! | 亲爱的 |
[14:52] | – You’re Maris. – What? | – 你是Maris – 什么 |
[14:53] | – We’re married. – What? | – 咱俩是夫妻 – 什么 |
[14:54] | Play along. | 按我的意思行事 |
[14:56] | Well, their little tiff’s over. | 看来他们之间的问题解决了 |
[14:58] | Maris Crane, this is Mr. Clive Roddy. | Maris 这是Clive Roddy |
[15:02] | It’s a pleasure. | 很高兴见到你 |
[15:03] | It certainly is. | 必须的 |
[15:06] | So how long will you be in Seattle? | 你要在西雅图待多久呢 |
[15:07] | Oh, Cupcake. | 小甜心 |
[15:09] | If you’d excuse us, we could use a moment alone. | 不好意思 失陪一下 |
[15:11] | Just come with me, darling. | 跟我来 亲爱的 |
[15:13] | So now you’ve met the whole Crane clan. | 现在Crane一家人你都见全啦 |
[15:16] | Although, Daphne, I noticed in the phone book | Daphne 我想起来了 在电话黄页上 |
[15:18] | you’re still listed as Moon. | 你的姓还是Moon |
[15:19] | That must be an old book. | 那肯定是旧版的 |
[15:20] | Now she hyphenates. | 现在用分字符连上啦 |
[15:22] | It’s Moon-Crane. | 她姓Moon-Crane(月球车) |
[15:25] | I remember the first time I ever drove a moon crane. | 我还记得我第一次开月球车 |
[15:28] | Damn near rolled it into the Sea of Tranquillity. | 差点特么的开进宁静海 |
[15:34] | So, Clive, what do you do? | Clive 你现在干什么呢 |
[15:37] | Still mucking about with cars, I see. | 我猜 还是鼓捣车呢吧 |
[15:39] | Oh, me hands? No, | 手上的油 不是 |
[15:40] | I helped a lady change a tire on the way over here. | 来这儿的路上我帮一位女士换轮胎来着 |
[15:44] | Don’t have as much time for cars as I used to, | 现在没时间弄车了 |
[15:46] | what with my business and all. | 我生意太忙 |
[15:48] | – Your business? – Yeah. | – 你的生意 – 是呀 |
[15:50] | After you left, | 你离开之后 |
[15:51] | I remembered the advice you used to give me, | 我想起了你给我的建议 |
[15:53] | and I decided some of it made sense. | 有些还是很受用的 |
[15:54] | – What advice? – Well, you know… | – 什么建议 – 比如 |
[15:56] | “Get a job, you lazy git,” That sort of thing. | “找份工作吧 懒骨头”之类的 |
[16:00] | So I took a few business courses | 所以我上了一些商务课 |
[16:01] | and opened up a little sporting-goods shop. | 开了一家体育用品店 |
[16:03] | Next thing you know, I had three of them. | 没想到就干起来了 现在我有三家分店 |
[16:05] | Well, isn’t this ironic. | 真是出乎意料啊 |
[16:12] | All these years, I nagged him to make something of himself. | 那些年来 我一直让他做点事儿 |
[16:16] | And now look at him: | 现在瞧瞧他 |
[16:17] | A captain of industry | 成企业家啦 |
[16:19] | and still as handsome as ever. | 而且还是那么帅 |
[16:21] | Yes, well, send in the clowns. | 是啊 现在小丑该来救场了 |
[16:26] | Don’t bother, they’re here. | 别找了 这不来了 |
[16:29] | Well, bad news. | 不好意思 |
[16:30] | It seems my Maris has to run off. | Maris得走了 |
[16:33] | She’s got a previous engagement. | 她已经约好了跟人见面了 |
[16:34] | Oh, forget about your engagement, Maris. | 别去了 Maris |
[16:36] | Stay for dinner. | 留下吃饭吧 |
[16:37] | – Actually– – I’d love to! | – 可是 – 好呀 |
[16:39] | Lovely. We can celebrate you two being reconciled. | 多好 咱们可以庆祝你们重归于好 |
[16:42] | That is still tentative. | 这可没准儿 |
[16:45] | It could go either way. | 成不成还两说呢 |
[16:50] | Hello there. What’s his name? | 你好呀 它叫什么 |
[16:57] | Eddie Eddie! | |
[17:02] | So there I was, | 然后我在训练室里 |
[17:03] | floating 20 feet up in the chamber, | 飘在20英尺的高度上 |
[17:06] | when some idiot turns off the weightless button | 有个蠢蛋把失重按钮给关了 |
[17:08] | and down I come, | 我就摔下来了 |
[17:09] | right on this big pickaxe we used for moon rocks. | 正落在我们挖月球石的镐头上 |
[17:14] | And you still walk with a cane? | 所以你一直到现在都得拄拐 |
[17:16] | Que sera sera? | 就顺其自然吧 |
[17:19] | Well, I’d better turn in, boys. | 我去睡了 孩儿们 |
[17:21] | Don’t forget your warm glass of Tang. | 别忘了你的热太空果汁 |
[17:26] | It was an honor meeting you, commander. | 认识您很荣幸 长官 |
[17:28] | Yeah, I had fun too. | 我也挺愉快的 |
[17:30] | – Well, good night, all. – Good night, Dad. | – 晚安 – 晚安 老爸 |
[17:33] | Delicious meal, Daphne. | 真好吃 Daphne |
[17:35] | Can’t remember the last time I ate so much. | 我都不记得我上次吃这么多是啥时候 |
[17:37] | Well, that explains your fantastic physique. | 怪不得你体格这么好呢 |
[17:40] | Yes, you are looking wonderfully firm. | 可不 你看上去可结实了 |
[17:44] | You used to have that little tummy. | 你以前还有小肚子呢 |
[17:46] | Do you work out? | 你锻炼吗 |
[17:47] | Yeah, when I can. | 有时间就去 |
[17:49] | Actually, my shops keep me pretty busy. | 但是我生意挺忙的 |
[17:51] | Daphne and I have our own little exercise regimen. | 我和Daphne也有自己的锻炼项目 |
[17:53] | We work up quite a sweat, don’t we, darling? | 经常练到大汗淋漓 是不是 亲爱的 |
[17:58] | I can’t get over it. | 我想不通 |
[18:00] | It’s like you’re a whole different person. | 你现在简直变了一个人 |
[18:03] | A whole different person. | 焕然一新 |
[18:05] | Well, who’s for coffee? | 谁要来点咖啡 |
[18:07] | I’ll give you a hand. | 我来帮你 |
[18:12] | Would you please tell Roz to stop flirting? | 你赶紧让Roz别再跟Clive调情了 |
[18:14] | Has she forgotten she’s a married woman? | 她忘了她已经结婚了吗 |
[18:16] | Oh, you’re one to talk. | 你倒会说 |
[18:17] | If you batted your eyelashes any harder, | 你要是再使点劲眨眼 |
[18:18] | you’d blow out the candles. | 蜡烛都被你眨灭了 |
[18:21] | You get rid of her now, | 你现在就把她弄走 |
[18:22] | or it’s Rattlesnake Ridge for you. | 要不你就送你爸去响尾蛇岭吧 |
[18:24] | – You wouldn’t! – Oh, wouldn’t I? | – 你不敢 – 我不敢吗 |
[18:26] | And by the way, Stinky needs a ride. | 对了 臭臭也要搭车 |
[18:32] | And according to your love line– Oh, | 你的爱情线说 |
[18:34] | my, what a naughty little… | 真是个花心 |
[18:36] | Maris, darling, I don’t know about you, | Maris 我不知道你累不 |
[18:38] | but I’m exhausted. | 我可累死了 |
[18:40] | – You know– – See you at home. | – 咱们 – 回家见吧 |
[18:43] | More wine, please. | 再来点酒 |
[18:45] | Oh, are you sure that’s wise, dear? | 你觉得那是个好主意吗 |
[18:48] | Remember that blackout you had last month? | 还记得上个月你喝晕过去的事儿吗 |
[18:52] | What am I saying? Of course you don’t. | 我在说什么呀 没有的事儿 |
[18:58] | That’s what I love about her, her sense of humor. | 我就爱她这一点 特幽默 |
[19:01] | Cookie, darling? | 吃饼干吗 亲爱的 |
[19:02] | Oh, no, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[19:03] | Some of us do look after our weight. | 还是有人关注自己的体重的 |
[19:06] | Now, now, Daphne, you have to keep your strength up. | Daphne 你得多吃点呀 |
[19:08] | You are eating for two. | 你可不只是喂饱自己呀 |
[19:14] | You’re having a baby? | 你怀孕了 |
[19:16] | Well, when were you planning on springing that news? | 你准备什么时候告诉我 |
[19:18] | We don’t like to bring that up. | 我们不太常提起这事儿 |
[19:21] | It’s a sore point around here, | 这事在我家有点尴尬 |
[19:23] | what with my sister-in-law being barren and all. | 因为我嫂子不能生育 |
[19:30] | Now, now, it’s not her fault. | 这不是她的错 |
[19:32] | You see, my brother is impotent. | 其实是我哥哥不育 |
[19:41] | Well, congratulations. | 那恭喜你们 |
[19:44] | Is there a loo I could…? | 卫生间在哪儿 |
[19:45] | Yes, yes, right there by the front door. | 玄关那儿就有一个 |
[19:48] | We call that Frasier’s bathroom. | 我们叫它Frasier的卫生间 |
[19:49] | That’s why we’ve monogrammed all the towels with his initials. | 所以毛巾上都有他的名字 |
[19:53] | Have you all taken leave of your senses? | 你们都疯了吧 |
[19:55] | She started it! | 她先挑起来的 |
[19:56] | Hanging all over him. | 一直黏着他 |
[19:57] | What is your problem? | 你到底有什么毛病 |
[19:58] | Frasier said the only reason we’re doing this | Frasier说唱这出戏的唯一原因 |
[20:00] | was because you wanted to give him the brush-off. | 就是为了让你委婉地拒绝他 |
[20:02] | Well, I changed me mind. | 我改主意了不行吗 |
[20:04] | Didn’t you see my signals? | 没看见我给你使眼色了吗 |
[20:05] | Gee, I must have missed them. | 老天 我一定是没看到 |
[20:06] | It must have been during one of my blackouts! | 你肯定是在我晕过去的时候给我使眼色的吧 |
[20:09] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 |
[20:11] | There’s no need to fight. | 不必打架 这样吧 |
[20:11] | Look, I’ll flip a coin. | 我来扔个硬币 |
[20:13] | – Oh, good news, Roz. – Oh, sod off! | – 好消息 Roz – 滚开 |
[20:16] | You’d think, with all your dozens and dozens of men, | 原以为 你都有上百个男人了 |
[20:18] | you could at least leave one for me. | 还不得给我留一个 |
[20:20] | Dozens? Did you tell her that? | 上百个 你这么告诉她的 |
[20:21] | Well, forgive me for keeping track. | 抱歉我把每个都记下来了 |
[20:24] | Why are you fighting over the man anyway? | 你们看上他什么了 |
[20:26] | He’s got all the charm of a cricket bat. | 他就是个榆木疙瘩 |
[20:28] | You’re right. You know what, | 你说的对 算了 |
[20:29] | Daphne, you want him, you can have him. | Daphne 你想要他 拿去吧 |
[20:31] | – You can have him, he’s yours! – Oh, yes. | – 拿去吧 我让给你 – 是啊 |
[20:33] | Fat chance I’ve got, | 我这下可有机会了 |
[20:34] | now that you’ve told him I’m pregnant. | 你都跟他说我怀孕了 |
[20:35] | How am I supposed to get rid of this bloody baby? | 我怎么才能把这婴儿处理掉呢 |
[20:44] | Clive. Coffee? | Clive 喝咖啡吗 |
[20:48] | No, thank you. I really should be going. | 不了 谢谢 我真得走了 |
[20:51] | No! No, please. | 别 别 求你了 |
[20:53] | I know what you must think, | 我知道你误会了 |
[20:54] | but we’re not what we seem. | 但事情不是你想象的那样 |
[20:56] | You certainly aren’t. | 你确实跟我想象的不一样了 |
[20:57] | Look, I know I’m a guest here, | 我知道我是个客人 |
[20:59] | so I’ve kept silent so far, | 所以没说什么唐突的话 |
[21:01] | but I’m sorry, I must speak. | 但抱歉 我必须得说 |
[21:03] | You’re the most appalling family I’ve ever met. | 你们是我见过的最可怕的一家人 |
[21:07] | You, breaking up with your wife | 你 跟你老婆吵架 |
[21:09] | over a pair of opera glasses. | 只是因为一副望远镜 |
[21:11] | And you, looking down your nose at me | 而你一脸瞧不起我的样子 |
[21:13] | the entire time you’re showing off your posh flat. | 一直炫耀你的豪华公寓 |
[21:16] | Well, for your information, mate, | 这么跟你说吧 |
[21:17] | I don’t think there’s anything | 我觉得你的卫生间 |
[21:18] | remotely special about your bathrooms. | 根本也没什么特别的 |
[21:21] | And you two women, | 你们两个女人 |
[21:22] | flirting shamelessly with me | 恬不知耻地跟我调情 |
[21:24] | right in front of your husbands. | 就在你们丈夫眼皮子底下 |
[21:25] | You, having just reconciled with Frasier, | 你刚刚跟Frasier重归于好 |
[21:27] | and you, carrying Niles’ baby. | 而你 怀着Niles的孩子 |
[21:29] | Well, I pity your child, Daphne. | 我可怜你的孩子 Daphne |
[21:32] | And I pity any good Manchester girl | 我更可怜所有曼彻斯特好女孩 |
[21:33] | that comes to this vile, coffee-swilling Sodom | 来到这个咖啡成瘾的罪恶之地后 |
[21:35] | and lets it change her like it’s changed you. | 变成了你这个模样 |
[21:37] | But I haven’t changed. Really. | 但我根本没变 真的 |
[21:39] | We’re not the awful people you think we are. | 我们不是你想象的那样 |
[21:41] | No! The truth is we’ve been lying to you all night. | 是的 其实我们整个晚上都在骗你 |
[21:44] | Yes! | 对 |
[21:48] | Well, I don’t care to be lied to anymore. | 我也不在乎被耍了 |
[21:51] | Goodbye, Daphne, | 再见了 Daphne |
[21:53] | Maris, Dr. Crane, Dr. Crane. | Maris Crane医生 Crane医生 |
[21:57] | I’ll never understand how two men like you could’ve been spawned | 我真不明白那位和蔼勇敢的宇航员 |
[22:00] | by that sweet, courageous old astronaut. | 怎么会生下你们这种儿子 |