时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | So I decided it was time I | 我觉得也该去 |
[00:10] | got to know some of my colleagues in the media. | 了解一下在传媒界的同僚们了 |
[00:12] | – But a convention? – Mm. | – 但去参加大会 – 嗯 |
[00:14] | You’ve never shown any interest before. | 你以前对这个可不感冒呢 |
[00:16] | They’ve never held one in Aspen before. | 以前没在Aspen(滑雪胜地)举办过啊 |
[00:18] | Just think, hundreds of radio psychiatrists, | 想象一下 上百位在电台工作的心理医生 |
[00:21] | all in the same location. | 齐聚一堂 |
[00:23] | One well-timed avalanche | 要是恰好来场雪崩 |
[00:24] | and the dignity of the entire psychiatric profession could be restored. | 整个心理学领域又能重塑职业尊严了 |
[00:30] | Oh, good one. | 哦 说得好 |
[00:33] | I can always count on you for some witty retort. | 我就知道你会机智地回击我 |
[00:36] | I insult you, and you compliment me. | 以德报怨都来了 |
[00:37] | Could the request for a favor be far behind? | 开口求帮忙还会远吗 |
[00:39] | Damn. You are perceptive. | 哎呦 什么都逃不过我弟的慧眼 |
[00:41] | – Oh, stop it. – Oh, all right. | – 行了 适可而止吧 – 好吧 |
[00:44] | Listen, Niles, I’d like you | Niles 我想让你 |
[00:45] | to do my show for me for the week I’m gone. | 帮忙代班我缺席的那周 |
[00:48] | Me standing in for you? | 让我给你代班 |
[00:50] | I’m sorry, Frasier, | 抱歉 Fraisier |
[00:51] | I couldn’t presume to fill those big, floppy red shoes of yours. | 我不认为我能撑起你的烂摊子 |
[00:56] | Please, please, Niles. Look, I’m begging you. | 求你了 Niles 哥都在求你啦 |
[00:58] | The station wants to replace me with Helen Grogan, | 电台想让Helen Grogan来代班 |
[01:01] | better known as Ma Nature. She does a gardening show, | 别名自然之母 她是主持园艺节目的 |
[01:03] | and I’m just a little worried | 我就是担心 |
[01:05] | that a week of discussing well-rotted manure | 要是一周都在大谈特谈粪便施肥的话 |
[01:07] | will weaken my listener base. | 我节目的听众就都跑光了 |
[01:10] | It hasn’t yet. | 现在不已经这样了吗 |
[01:14] | Very well. | 好吧 |
[01:15] | You leave me no alternative but to call in my marker. | 你逼得我走投无路 只能翻旧账讨人情债了 |
[01:22] | What marker? | 什么人情 |
[01:25] | Oh, I think you know. | 哎呦 别装傻了 |
[01:28] | – You wouldn’t. – I would. | – 你不会这么做的 – 何以见得 |
[01:31] | – You can’t. – I will. | – 不可以 – 我偏要 |
[01:32] | That was three years ago. | 那已经是三年前的事了 |
[01:33] | I don’t recall there being any statute of limitations. | 我可不记得有什么时效限制呀 |
[01:37] | I distinctly recall that | 我清晰地记得 |
[01:38] | when you asked me to go out with Maris’ sister, | 那时为了我让我和Maris的姐姐约会 |
[01:40] | you said that you would owe me one forever. | 你说会欠我一个一辈子的人情 |
[01:45] | But you only spent one evening with Brie. | 可你只跟Brie待了一个晚上 |
[01:49] | That hardly compares to what you’re asking me to endure. | 比起让我代班 那简直不值一提 |
[01:52] | Shall I refresh your memory? | 看来我有必要再原景重现一下 |
[01:56] | Midway through the opera, | 歌剧演到一半时 |
[01:58] | her ermine muff began to tremble. | 她的貂皮手套突然开始抽动 |
[02:01] | As it turned out, she had used it to smuggle in her | 原来她用手套偷偷带了一只 |
[02:03] | adorably incontinent chihuahua. | 可爱的 随地拉撒的 吉娃娃 |
[02:07] | Just as I thought we’d reached the low point of the evening, | 正当我觉得那晚已经霉运触底的时候 |
[02:09] | I suddenly felt a sandpaper tongue licking my earlobe. | 我突然感到有个砂纸般的舌头在舔我的耳垂 |
[02:14] | Alas it did not belong to little Herve, | 哎 那舌头不是小狗的 |
[02:20] | Fortunately my shriek coincide with onstage murder of Gonbafo | 幸好我的尖叫对上了Gonbafo被暗杀的剧情 |
[02:25] | Roz will expect you on Monday at 2. | 周一两点 Roz会在电台恭候大驾 |
[02:30] | For your information, | 我有必要澄清一下 |
[02:31] | Brie had a very tough row to hoe growing up. | Brie一路长大困难重重 |
[02:33] | It’s not easy going through life with only one nostril. | 只靠一个鼻孔生存并不容易 |
[02:39] | Did I mention she had a cold that night? | 我提没提过她那晚还感冒来着 |
[02:46] | Monday at 2 it is. | 周一两点是吧 |
[02:52] | And now, we’re at the point where all communication has broken down. | 现在我们已经到了无法沟通的地步 |
[02:56] | – He won’t even listen to me. – Linda. | – 他根本听不进去我的话 – Linda |
[02:58] | Do you how annoying that is, not to be listened to? | 你知道别人不听你说话这事儿有多惹人厌吗 |
[03:00] | – Linda. – It’s driving me crazy. | – Linda – 我要疯了 |
[03:02] | I was hoping maybe you would speak to him directly. | 要不你直接跟他谈谈 |
[03:06] | Excuse me one moment. | 不好意思 稍等 |
[03:08] | Thank you for the brilliant job of call-screening, Roz. | Roz 我谢谢你筛出来这么靠谱的电话啊 |
[03:10] | How do I get out of this? | 我该怎么挂断她 |
[03:11] | Did you think of saying there are other callers on the line? | 你可以说还有其他的来电听众需要接听 |
[03:15] | Linda, I’d love to go into this in more depth, | Linda 我非常想和你继续深入的聊一聊 |
[03:17] | but, unfortunately, we’re nearly out of time | 可惜节目快结束了 |
[03:19] | and Roz has lots of other callers waiting anxiously on the line. | Roz那还有许多来电听众在焦急地等待接听 |
[03:22] | Actually, Dr. Crane, all our lines are open. | 其实 Crane医生 现在没人在等候 |
[03:26] | So you can talk to him? Good. | 那你就直接跟他说吧 太好了 |
[03:28] | I’m putting him on the line right now. | 我现在就让他来接听 |
[03:30] | – Go ahead. – All right. | – 你说吧 – 好的 |
[03:33] | Murray, you’re dealing with your problem | Murray 你处理问题的方式 |
[03:34] | in a very self-destructive manner. | 其实是一种自我毁灭 |
[03:36] | It won’t be solved by refusing to eat. | 绝食是毫无帮助的 |
[03:39] | Do you hear me? | 听见没有 |
[03:44] | Oh, my God, it’s working. He’s eating. | 噢 天哪 太灵了 他吃东西了 |
[03:46] | Dr. Crane, what did you say to him? | Crane医生 你刚才跟他说什么了 |
[03:49] | Well, I’d like to tell you, | 虽然我很想告诉你 |
[03:49] | but that would violate doctor-cat confidentiality. | 但那样有悖于医猫保密协议 |
[03:53] | Oh, well, Seattle, I’m afraid we’re out of time. | 好了 西雅图 今天的节目就到这了 |
[03:55] | This is Dr. Niles Crane, one down, four to go. | 我是Niles Crane医生 一天代班结束 还有四天 |
[03:58] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见了 |
[04:01] | That little bit of sabotage was not amusing. | 你这么拆台一点儿也不好玩 |
[04:04] | Then why did coffee come out of my nose? | 那我怎么乐得鼻子都喷出咖啡来了 |
[04:09] | Hey, Dr. Dolittle, I heard your show. | 嘿 怪医杜立德 我听了你的节目 |
[04:13] | – It didn’t suck. – “Dear diary…” | – 做得不赖 – “亲爱的日记” |
[04:16] | So how’s it feel? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[04:18] | Like I’m walking away from my lamppost | 像是终于离开了站街的岗位 |
[04:20] | and counting the bills in my garter belt. | 可以点点塞在我吊带袜里的钱了 |
[04:23] | Okay, both of you get out of here. I gotta set up for my show. | 好了 你俩快走吧 老子要为节目备场子了 |
[04:27] | I got Reggie MacLemore on my show today. | 今天我请了Reggie Maclemore做节目 |
[04:29] | Don’t ask me why. | 别问我为啥 |
[04:31] | – I wasn’t even going to ask who. – He’s a guard for the Sonics. | – 我都不会问他是谁 – 超音速队的后卫 |
[04:33] | He used to be unstoppable. Twenty points a game, easy. | 他曾经叱诧风云 一局拿下20分小菜一碟 |
[04:36] | Now he’s in the tank. | 现在是不行了 |
[04:38] | Just what I need on my show, a loser. | 我节目就需要这种屌丝 |
[04:40] | Oh, look, there he is now. | 噢 他来了 |
[04:42] | What an overpaid, worthless piece of… | 真是个重金请来的废物 |
[04:44] | – Hey, Reggie, my man! – What’s up? How you doing, man? | – 嘿 哥们 Reggie – 你好啊 兄弟 |
[04:49] | You never call me unless you need tickets, | 你丫不找我拿票就想不起我 |
[04:50] | man. What’s up with that? | 兄弟 咋回事呀 |
[04:53] | I love this guy. | 我爱死这哥们了 |
[04:56] | Reggie MacLemore, Roz Doyle. | Reggie MacLemore 这是Roz Doyle |
[04:58] | – Hi. I’m a big fan of yours. – Thanks. | – 你好啊 我是你的球迷 – 多谢 |
[05:01] | I’d introduce you to this guy, | 这位就不用介绍了 |
[05:03] | but he doesn’t know squat about sports. | 人家对体育一无所知 |
[05:05] | On the contrary. In prep school, I was an ardent sportsman. | 胡说 在预科学校时 我曾投身于体育 |
[05:07] | Until an inflamed instep | 直到因为脚面烧伤 |
[05:09] | forced me to resign from the croquet club. | 我才不得不退出槌球俱乐部 |
[05:14] | I’ll see myself out. | 我还是先走了 |
[05:16] | Oh, hey, wait a minute. You’re the shrink. | 等会儿 你就是那个心理医生 |
[05:18] | I heard you in my car on the way over. | 我开车过来的路上听了你的节目 |
[05:21] | – Dr. Niles Crane. It’s a pleasure. – Doc, wait. | – Niles Crane医生 幸会 – 等等 医生 |
[05:23] | You sounded like you really know what you’re talking about. | 听起来 感觉你好像很灵 |
[05:26] | Anyway, there’s this sort of problem I’ve been having, | 其实我最近有点儿困扰 |
[05:27] | and I was wondering… Maybe you could help me out. | 也许你可以帮帮我 |
[05:30] | Well, what is it? | 恩 什么事呢 |
[05:32] | Well, you see, for the last two weeks, | 恩 就是 这两周 |
[05:34] | every time I get my hands on the pill, I choke. | 每次我拿到球(吃药片) 就会窒息(呛着) |
[05:39] | Well, have you tried mashing it with a spoon? | 那你试没试过用勺子把它碾碎呢 |
[05:43] | You don’t watch much basketball, do you? | 你不怎么看篮球吧 |
[05:45] | It’s my game, man. Because of me, we’ve lost six in a row. | 我在说球赛 都怪我 我们已经连输六场了 |
[05:49] | Oh, well, I’m not very well versed in sports psychology, | 其实 我不是专门研究体育心理学的 |
[05:51] | but I could certainly schedule a session. | 但我可以给你预约一次谈话治疗 |
[05:53] | No, no, I need something fast, man. We got Phoenix tonight. | 不 我要立竿见影的 今晚要打太阳队了 |
[05:57] | This is highly irregular, but since you’re pressed, | 本不该这样 但既然你这么着急 |
[05:59] | there are exercises I could suggest. | 我就推荐做些练习 |
[06:01] | Oh, great, man. Thanks, man. | 太好了 哥们 谢谢啦 |
[06:02] | You know what, just name it. Tickets to any game you want. | 只要你开口 你想要哪场比赛的票都行 |
[06:05] | Nothing wrong with your sense of humor. Have a seat. | 哈哈 你倒挺幽默的 坐吧 |
[06:09] | We’ll start with a positive visualization. | 首先我们来想象一下实际生活 |
[06:12] | I want you to close your eyes, take a deep breath. | 来 闭上眼 深呼吸 |
[06:17] | Good. Now, I want you to imagine yourself on the playing surface, | 很好 接下来 想象你在篮球场上 |
[06:21] | doing whatever it is you actually do. | 做点 随便什么你常做的 |
[06:24] | Tell me what you see. | 告诉我你看到了什么 |
[06:26] | – Okay. Kemp’s passing me the ball. – Mm-hm. | – 恩 Kemp传球给我 – 恩 |
[06:29] | – I’m bringing it up court. – Mm-hm. | – 我带球到前场 – 恩 |
[06:31] | – I’m dribbling. – Don’t worry about your appearance. | – 我在运球(流汗) – 不用担心外表如何 |
[06:35] | Start again, and I’ll just be quiet. | 重新开始 这次我不说话 |
[06:39] | – Can I ask you a favor? – Yeah, forget it, he’s married. | – 能帮个忙吗 – 你死心吧 人家结婚了 |
[06:43] | Hey, that’s pretty offensive. | 你这话太冲了 |
[06:45] | Why do you assume that’s what I wanted? | 你怎么能这么想我呢 |
[06:47] | Okay, then, what did you want? | 好吧 那你要问什么 |
[06:50] | Well, I don’t know, I just wanted to– | 恩 也没什么 我就是想 |
[06:51] | Time’s up. | 时间到 |
[06:54] | Oh, by the way, | 话说回来 |
[06:55] | if you’re so hungry for some good-looking, athletic guy, | 要是你那么渴求帅气运动男 |
[06:58] | why won’t you go out with me? | 你跟我约会不就得了 |
[07:00] | If you’re not at least this tall, you can’t go on this ride. | 一米以下儿童 谢绝入内 |
[07:06] | This next exercise is designed to block negative feelings. | 下一步是限制负面情绪 |
[07:09] | I’ve tried it myself. Simply take a moment, | 我自己也试过 就是停下来 |
[07:11] | think of something comforting from childhood: | 想想儿时的温暖记忆 |
[07:14] | A stuffed animal, a dog-eared copy of Middlemarch. | 毛绒玩具 书页折了角的<米德尔马契> |
[07:18] | You may have other memories. | 你自己来吧 |
[07:20] | Come on, Reggie, shake it. | 快来 Reggie 要开始了 |
[07:22] | I gotta run. Hey, but thanks a lot, doc. I’ll give it a try. | 我得走了 但太谢谢你了 医生 我会试一试 |
[07:25] | Okay. Oh, wait, I saw this. It has steps, right? | 好的 等等 我见过这个 这个有一整套步骤 |
[07:31] | Later, man. | 再见 哥们 |
[07:35] | – You know, according to this article– – No, quiet. | – 看看 按这文章所说 – 别 安静点 |
[07:38] | That’s three seconds. Come on, he’s camping out in the middle. | 都三秒了 拜托 他是要往中间运球 |
[07:42] | No, don’t double the ball. | 别 不要两次运球 |
[07:43] | They’ll just swing it around for a three. | 他们会直接反攻投三分 |
[07:46] | There it is. Just like I said. | 看吧 我说对了吧 |
[07:49] | Oh! | 噢 |
[07:51] | Oh, timeout. Sure, now you listen to me. | 噢 暂停 现在你们倒是听我的了 |
[07:56] | You believe this? Two minutes ago, we were up six points– | 你能相信吗 两分钟前 我们还领先六分呢 |
[07:58] | Shh! Quiet. This is my favorite commercial. | 嘘 安静 这是我最喜欢的广告 |
[08:02] | No, don’t pick that floor cleaner. | 不 别选那个地板清洁剂呀 |
[08:04] | It’ll give your floors waxy build-up. | 会让你的地板堆积蜡质的 |
[08:07] | No, don’t do it. Don’t do it! Dahh! | 别 别选那个 别选那个 我去 |
[08:14] | It’s completely different. | 这根本是两码事嘛 |
[08:17] | There’s Dr. Crane. | Crane医生来了 |
[08:18] | It’ll be a pleasure to be around one man | 真高兴身边能有个男人 |
[08:20] | who’s not obsessed with sports. | 不为体育痴狂 |
[08:24] | – Hello, Daphne. – Hello. | – 你好 Daphne – 你好 |
[08:25] | Oh, the Sonics are on, excuse me. | 哦 在看超音速队的比赛呢 失陪了 |
[08:27] | – So, Dad– – Hold it, Niles. | – 老爸 – 等会儿 Niles |
[08:29] | There’s only nine seconds to go. | 只剩下九秒了 |
[08:30] | – What’s the score? – What do you care? | – 比分是多少 – 你又不看球 |
[08:32] | No, get it to MacLemore, to MacLemore. | 不 传给MacLemore 给MacLemore |
[08:34] | He’s got the hot hand. | 他手正顺呢 |
[08:36] | Yes! Come on, Reggie! | 好 加油 Reggie |
[08:38] | Unbelievable. Sonics win! | 难以置信 超音速队赢了 |
[08:41] | This is fantastic. You know,Dad– | 打得太好了 老爸 你知道 |
[08:42] | Wait, wait. I wanna see the replay. | 等会儿 等会儿 我看看回放 |
[08:44] | No, get it to MacLemore. | 不 传给MacLemore |
[08:46] | Unbelievable! | 难以置信 |
[08:50] | – You might be interested to know– – Quiet, | – 有件事情你可能有兴趣哦 – 安静 |
[08:52] | I wanna see the interview. | 我要看赛后采访 |
[08:53] | Reggie, got a minute? | Reggie 有空吗 |
[08:55] | Great game tonight. | 今晚的比赛真精彩 |
[08:56] | Seems like your slump is over. | 看来你已经从低潮中走出来了 |
[08:57] | Yeah, I was really feeling it out there tonight. | 对 我今晚状态很好 |
[08:59] | What turned it around for you? | 你是怎么走出低潮的 |
[09:02] | Well, I was having a little problem putting my head together, | 本来我有点心烦意乱 |
[09:04] | but this radio shrink really helped me out. | 但是一位电台心理医生帮我解决了 |
[09:06] | Dr. Niles Crane. | Niles Crane医生 |
[09:07] | – Well, good luck against Utah. – Thanks a lot. | – 好的 对战爵士队好运 – 谢谢 |
[09:10] | Let’s send it back upstairs. | 让我们回到演播室 |
[09:16] | You? | 你 |
[09:19] | – Is that so hard to believe? – Yeah. | – 用得着这么吃惊嘛 – 可不 |
[09:22] | When did you talk to him? | 你什么时候跟他碰过面 |
[09:23] | He was on Bulldog’s show today. | 他今天去参加Bulldog的节目了 |
[09:26] | We had a brief session in the hallway. | 我们在走廊进行了一次快速治疗 |
[09:27] | Not more than two minutes. | 也就两分钟吧 |
[09:29] | You turned Reggie’s game around in only two minutes? | 你只用了两分钟就让Reggie重振雄风了 |
[09:31] | Well, you could be a little less surprised. | 用不着那么吃惊吧 |
[09:33] | I am a skilled psychiatrist. | 哥可是出色的心理医生 |
[09:36] | There’s 16 years in the field, I have developed certain instincts. | 从业16年 我早练就了精准的直觉 |
[09:40] | I gotta say, I’m impressed. | 我不得不说 真让人刮目相看啊 |
[09:42] | I’m starting to think maybe | 我都跃跃欲试 |
[09:43] | I should spend an hour or two on the couch with you. | 我应该跟你在沙发上消磨一两个小时呢 |
[09:48] | Are you kidding? With Niles, it’d only take two minutes. | 开什么玩笑 Niles只要两分钟就好 |
[09:57] | Thanks, Dad. | 我谢你啊 老爸 |
[10:06] | Hey, doc, great job. Go Sonics. | 嗨 医生 不错嘛 超音速队加油 |
[10:09] | – You’re the man. – Thank you. Same to you. | – 哥们你太酷了 – 谢谢 你也是 |
[10:12] | Way to go. | 干得漂亮 |
[10:14] | Heavens, I need a clip and a buff. | 我这大拇指干脆夹起来得了 |
[10:19] | There he is, the toast of Seattle. | 来啦 西雅图当红炸子鸡 |
[10:21] | I suppose you know | 你应该知道 |
[10:22] | you made the sports section of the paper this morning? | 你今早上了报纸的体育版了 |
[10:25] | Yes, I’d heard. | 恩 我听说了 |
[10:26] | I must admit, I find this all a bit mystifying. | 我不得不说 我挺费解的 |
[10:28] | Do people really care this much about a basketball game? | 大家至于这么在意一场篮球比赛吗 |
[10:31] | Are you kidding? This is Seattle. | 你开玩笑呢吧 这儿可是西雅图 |
[10:32] | It rains nine months out of the year. | 一年有9个月都下雨 |
[10:34] | We take our indoor sports very seriously. | 我们把室内运动很当回事啊 |
[10:36] | Well, I know you always have. | 我知道你确实是 |
[10:40] | You’re a hero today, so I’m gonna let that one go. | 鉴于你今天是大功臣 我就不反击了 |
[10:43] | Pucker up, baby, I’m planting a big, wet one on you. | 嘴撅起来 宝贝 我要给你一个大大的湿吻 |
[10:47] | Muah! | 么么哒 |
[10:50] | Well, there’s a layer of skin I’ll be exfoliating this evening. | 我今晚去角质的时候得去一层了 |
[10:56] | I had 200 bucks on the Sonics. | 我押在超音速队上两百刀 |
[10:58] | Two hundred? Isn’t gambling illegal? | 两百 赌博不是犯法的吗 |
[11:00] | – Isn’t he the cutest? – Oh, yes. | – 这宝贝儿是不是最可爱 – 可不是 |
[11:02] | – Down. Down. – Okay. | – 下来 下来 – 好吧 |
[11:04] | I hope you don’t feel this way about chicks. | 你不至于这样冷落小妞儿们吧 |
[11:06] | I got one of those Sonics cheerleaders coming on my show today, | 今天我的节目请了一个超音速队的啦啦队员 |
[11:09] | and she really wants to see you. | 她老想见你啦 |
[11:11] | Believe it or not, Bulldog, | Bulldog 不管你信不信 |
[11:12] | not every man’s dream woman | 但不是每个男人的梦中情人 |
[11:13] | is a pompom-shaking, half-time halfwit. | 都是有胸无脑的大波妹 |
[11:17] | Is she the head cheerleader? | 她是啦啦队长吗 |
[11:19] | Yeah, and she’s coming in costume. | 当然 而且她是穿着队服来的呦 |
[11:21] | Of course she is. It’s radio. | 这必须的啊 电台广播哎 |
[11:28] | Look at these faxes that came for you. | 这些都是给你发来的传真 |
[11:30] | Faxes? | 传真 |
[11:32] | “Seattle thanks you.” | “西雅图感谢你” |
[11:35] | “You’re the Sonics’ MVP.” | “你是超音速队的MVP” |
[11:39] | – Most valuable player. – Oh! | – 最有价值球员 – 哦 |
[11:43] | “You’re a genius.” | “你就是一天菜” |
[11:45] | With the less-common J spelling. | 还有个不常见的错别字 |
[11:46] | But still, his point is well taken. | 但是 我能领会他的意思 |
[11:48] | I bet you’re feeling pretty good about yourself. | 你现在一定感觉棒极了吧 |
[11:51] | Suddenly I’m being revered as a god by the same troglodytes | 突然之间 我就被那些野蛮人奉为神明 |
[11:53] | who in junior high school tried to pack me into my own briefcase. | 在初中时他们可是要把我塞进我的公文包里的 |
[11:57] | It’s glorious. | 真是人生巅峰 |
[11:59] | Oh, I almost forgot the best part. | 我差点忘了告诉你最好的消息 |
[12:01] | Reggie sent these tickets for tonight’s game over. | Reggie把今晚比赛的票送来了 |
[12:05] | Well, I suppose I can’t disappoint my new fans. | 我可不能让我的新粉丝们失望呀 |
[12:07] | Tell me, does one still wear a white sweater | 对了 现在是不是还得披着白毛衣 |
[12:10] | jauntily tied around the neck to these things? | 袖子在脖子上随意打个结 去看球赛 |
[12:12] | If one wants to get the crap beat out of one. | 要是想被胖揍 这种打扮最合适了 |
[12:17] | – Hey. – Dad. What a surprise. | – 嘿 – 老爸 你怎么来了 |
[12:19] | I’m not interrupting or anything, am I? | 我没打扰到你吧 |
[12:21] | – No, come in. Is everything all right? – Oh, sure, sure. | – 怎么会 快进来 怎么了 – 没什么 |
[12:23] | I was just having lunch at McGinty’s, | 我就是在McGinty餐厅吃午饭 |
[12:25] | and, well, some of the guys would really like to meet you, | 然后我的那些朋友很想见见你 |
[12:27] | and I was hoping that after your show, | 等你下节目了 |
[12:29] | you could stop in for a drink. | 要不你过来喝一杯 |
[12:31] | I mean, I wouldn’t ask you, | 我本不想麻烦你的 |
[12:32] | but some of these guys are my best buddies. | 但有几个是我最好的朋友 |
[12:34] | Well, actually, Dad, Reggie sent over | 其实 爸 Reggie送了 |
[12:36] | these tickets to tonight’s game, | 几张今晚的球票 |
[12:37] | and I was going to ask you to go, but since– | 我本想让你去的 但是既然 |
[12:39] | The hell with those guys. I’m there. | 去他们的吧 我要去 |
[12:42] | I have to tell you, | 坦白说 |
[12:43] | I’m finding all this attention a bit overwhelming. | 我对大家的热情有点受宠若惊 |
[12:46] | Oh, come on, you deserve it. You’re a hero. | 得了 这是你应得的 你是个英雄 |
[12:49] | Perhaps it’s time we put all this into perspective. | 也许现在我们该理性的看一看了 |
[12:51] | The only real heroes are the fine athletes | 真正的英雄是我们的运动员们 |
[12:54] | who worked so hard for two hours to win that game. | 他们苦战两个小时拿下了比赛 |
[12:56] | My contribution was minimal at best. | 我的贡献根本不值一提 |
[12:58] | What did I tell you, doc? | 我说什么来着 医生 |
[12:59] | Which of you won the game for us last night? | 是谁昨晚帮我们赢了球 |
[13:01] | That would be me. | 是我 |
[13:11] | Nice talking to you too. Enjoy the game. | 跟您聊天太有趣了 好好看比赛吧 |
[13:15] | Dad, it really isn’t necessary to tell everyone we bump into that | 老爸 你有必要见人就说 |
[13:19] | I’m the one Reggie credited with last night’s victory. | 我是帮Reggie赢得昨晚比赛的人吗 |
[13:22] | – That was you? – Yeah, yeah, it’s my son, Niles Crane. | – 是你吗 – 是 是 我儿子 Niles Crane |
[13:30] | They must’ve sold too many tickets. | 他们肯定是卖了太多的票 |
[13:31] | They’ve stuck us in these folding chairs. | 居然让我们坐折叠椅 |
[13:34] | Wow, we’re right on the hardwood, five feet from the baseline. | 我们脚下就是木地板 离边线只有一米多点 |
[13:40] | – It’s like front-row orchestra, stage right. – Oh. | – 相当于交响乐会的前排 舞台正前方 – 哦 |
[13:45] | Oh, man, we’re so close | 老天爷 坐得这么近 |
[13:46] | we’re gonna hear teeth rattle when they set a pick. | 都能听到他们单挡时候的咬牙声音 |
[13:51] | It’s like sitting close | 相当于坐得超近 |
[13:52] | enough to get hit by Placido Domingo’s spit. | 可以被多明戈的吐沫星子溅到 |
[13:55] | Oh. | 哦 |
[13:57] | – Hey, hey, N.C., you made it. – I beg your pardon? | – 嗨 NC 你来啦 – 什么 |
[14:00] | Oh, “N.C.” I thought you said “Nancy.” | 哦 NC 我听成了Nancy |
[14:03] | For a second it was prep school all over again. | 一瞬间闪回到预科学校啊 |
[14:06] | Let me introduce. | 我来介绍一下 |
[14:06] | Reggie MacLemore, Daphne Moon. | 这是Reggie MacLemore 这是Daphne Moon |
[14:08] | – Hello. – And this– | – 你好 – 这是 |
[14:09] | Hi. Marty Crane. Niles’ dad. | 嗨 Marty Crane 我是Niles他爸 |
[14:12] | Yeah, I’m a big fan. | 我是你的铁杆球迷 |
[14:13] | I want you to know, I never lost faith in you. | 要知道 我一直看好你 |
[14:16] | Not when you were in your slump, | 哪怕是在你低潮的时候 |
[14:17] | not when you tanked it in the playoffs, | 哪怕是在你在NBA季后赛失误的时候 |
[14:19] | not even when all my friends were calling you Reggie Hack-Lemore. | 哪怕是在朋友们都叫你”胡射Reggie”的时候 |
[14:24] | What? | 什么 |
[14:25] | You know, this might be a good time | 嗯 这时候就应该 |
[14:27] | to try that negative-thought-blocking exercise. | 做做控制负面能量的练习 |
[14:29] | Yeah, okay. Look, you guys enjoy the game. | 好 好 观赛愉快 |
[14:31] | I’ll see you afterwards. | 一会再见 |
[14:32] | – All right. Make me proud. – Go Sonics. | – 好 让我为你自豪吧 – 超音速队加油 |
[14:39] | – What the hell was that? – That’s the end of the shootaround. | – 这特么是什么 – 这是投篮训练结束了 |
[14:41] | The coach is about to send the starting five in for the tip-off. | 教练就要让首发上场开球了 |
[14:45] | – The stage manager just called places. – Oh. | – 就是剧院经理开始让大家就位了 – 哦 |
[14:52] | Foul on the rebound, MacLemore. | MacLemore 篮板球犯规 |
[14:55] | I gather Reggie’s not performing up to par this evening. | 看样子Reggie今晚表现不佳呀 |
[14:58] | Oh, you got that from all the booing, huh? | 你还真从一片嘘声里明白过来了 |
[15:00] | Nice counseling job. He’s been throwing up bricks all night. | 你怎么辅导的 他一整晚都投球不中 |
[15:03] | Judging from that empty tureen of nachos and cheese, | 看看你一整盆芝士玉米片都砸空了 |
[15:06] | you may be joining him. | 跟他有一拼 |
[15:08] | Malone to the line to shoot two. | Malone 准备罚球 |
[15:11] | Doc, you gotta help me out here. I don’t know what’s wrong. | 医生 你得帮帮我 我也不知道是怎么了 |
[15:13] | Perhaps you’ve forgotten my advice. Let’s review quickly. | 没准你忘了我的建议了 咱们复习一遍 |
[15:16] | Did you empty your mind of negative thoughts? | 你有没有把负面情绪放空 |
[15:18] | – Yeah. – What about the imaging exercises? | – 有 – 那想象练习呢 |
[15:19] | Yeah, yeah, I did them. What else did you tell me to do? | 嗯 我都做了 你还让我干嘛了 |
[15:22] | Nothing. Bulldog called you, you ran back in. | 没了 接着Bulldog就喊你去做节目了 |
[15:24] | No, no, wait. Now, right before that, I rubbed your head. | 不 等等 在那之前 我揉了揉你的脑袋 |
[15:27] | I remember because my hand smelled like peach | 我记得这事是因为我一手桃子味 |
[15:29] | and I thought, “What the hell does this guy wash his hair with?” | 我就想”这男的用什么鬼东西洗头啊” |
[15:32] | Well, you can’t possibly | 你不会认为我的脑袋 |
[15:33] | think that my head is some sort of lucky charm. | 能给你带来好运吧 |
[15:36] | Well, we’ll know in a minute. | 嗯 一会儿我们不就知道了 |
[15:41] | I saw you talking to Reggie again. | 你刚刚跟Reggie说话了 |
[15:42] | Hope you gave him some more advice. | 希望你给了他一些好建议 |
[15:44] | I tried to, but he has this absurd idea– | 我倒是想 可是他居然荒谬地认为 |
[15:46] | No, wait, wait, wait. | 等会儿 等会儿 |
[15:50] | MacLemore for three. | MacLemore 三分球 |
[15:52] | Unbelievable. What did you say to him? | 难以置信 你到底跟他说了啥 |
[15:54] | I didn’t say anything he could possibly– | 我没说什么呀 |
[15:56] | Look, look, look, he stole the ball. | 快看 快看 他把球夺过来了 |
[15:59] | MacLemore, three more. | MacLemore 三分球 |
[16:01] | Oh, Dr. Crane, you’re a miracle worker. | 哦 Crane医生 你创造了奇迹 |
[16:04] | What did you say to him? | 你到底跟他说了啥 |
[16:05] | Oh, just something off the top of my head. | 就是当时我能想到的(我头顶上的)呗 |
[16:10] | Timeout, Utah. | 爵士队要求暂停比赛 |
[16:16] | Oh, isn’t this nice. | 真有心呀 |
[16:17] | Dr. Crane sent us a postcard from Aspen. | Crane医生从Aspen寄来了明信片呢 |
[16:20] | Great. How’s he doing? | 他怎么样 |
[16:22] | Let’s see. | 我看看 |
[16:23] | “I delivered a speech at the conference last night. | “我昨晚在大会上做了演讲” |
[16:26] | I was especially pleased with my opening line: | “我对我的开场白最满意” |
[16:29] | ‘My fellow psychiatrists. As I watched you on the slopes today, | “‘各位同仁 今天看到你们坐在会场中'” |
[16:33] | I realized | “‘我意识到” |
[16:34] | I’ve never seen so many Freudians slip.’ | “我从未见过这么多弗洛伊德传人(错误)'” |
[16:42] | As hard as you’re laughing now, | “就像你们现在哈哈大笑一样” |
[16:44] | imagine the thunder of an auditorium of colleagues. | “想象一下整个礼堂的同仁们如雷的笑声” |
[16:48] | Well, see you Saturday. Frasier.” | “周六见啦 Frasier” |
[16:51] | Well, I better get going. I’m meeting Joe at the movies. | 我得走了 我跟Joe约好了要去看电影呢 |
[16:55] | Oh, bloody hell, it’s later than I thought. | 该死 怎么这么晚了 |
[16:57] | – Enjoy. – Yeah. Enjoy your game. | – 好好玩 – 嗯 你也好好看比赛 |
[17:00] | Oh, Dr. Crane, have fun at the game. | 哦 Crane医生 观赛愉快 |
[17:03] | – I’m afraid we won’t be going. – Oh, that’s too bad. | – 恐怕我们去不了了 – 太糟了 |
[17:06] | – Do you wanna know why? – Not really. | – 你想知道原因吗 – 不太想 |
[17:11] | VIP parking. Uh-huh. | VIP停车位 嗯 |
[17:15] | Yeah, that’s courtside, pal. | 可不 场边的位子 老兄 |
[17:17] | Yeah, right on the hardwood. | 嗯 就在球场的硬木地板上 |
[17:19] | Yeah, swear to God. | 嗯 我对天发誓 |
[17:21] | And Reggie said the seats are ours for the rest of the season. | Reggie还说整个赛季这些座位都是我们的 |
[17:25] | I believe it’s what they call “Living large.” | 这就是传说中的”富豪生活”啦 |
[17:31] | I don’t know. Somewhere on TV. | 我也不知道 但电视直播里能看到我 |
[17:33] | Yeah. Yeah, okay. Yeah, I gotta go. Bye. | 好 嗯 好 我得挂了 拜 |
[17:36] | Let’s go, Niles. | 走吧 Niles |
[17:38] | You know, Dad, I was thinking, | 嗯 老爸 我在想 |
[17:40] | maybe we shouldn’t go to the game today. | 要不我们今天别去了 |
[17:44] | Hey, you know what I was thinking? | 嘿 你知道我在想什么吗 |
[17:45] | Maybe we shouldn’t go to any of them. | 咱们以后再也别去了 |
[17:50] | You know, that’s one of the best things about the whole thing. | 你看 这是整件事中最棒的一部分 |
[17:52] | I mean, when was the last time you and I joked like this? | 咱们以前哪会像这样一起开玩笑啊 |
[17:55] | Well, we better get going, because it’s late. | 嗯 咱们赶紧出发吧 已经有点晚了 |
[17:58] | Last night at the game… | 昨晚看比赛的时候 |
[17:59] | …did you happen to notice when Reggie tousled my hair? | 你有没有注意到Reggie揉了我的头发 |
[18:02] | Yeah, yeah. Let’s go. | 嗯 嗯 咱们走吧 |
[18:04] | Well, somehow, some way, he’s convinced himself that | 总之 反正 他就坚信 |
[18:08] | that’s what he needs to do in order to play well. | 只有这么着他才能打好比赛 |
[18:10] | Oh, well, can’t we talk about it in the car? | 哎呦 咱们一边开车一边说不行吗 |
[18:12] | It has nothing to do with any advice I’ve given. | 一切都和我给他的建议无关 |
[18:15] | It’s all some bizarre superstition, | 起作用的是什么离奇的迷信思想 |
[18:17] | and Reggie wants to rub my head again before today’s game. | Reggie想今天比赛之前再摸摸我的脑袋 |
[18:20] | Well, you know, a lot of athletes have weird superstitions. | 其实 好多运动员都有点奇怪的迷信 |
[18:24] | Yes, but I’m a psychiatrist. | 好吧 但我是个心理医生 |
[18:27] | I can’t let people think I’m treating the man | 我不能造成是我治好他的假象 |
[18:30] | when all I am is a rabbit’s foot. | 而实际上我只是个幸运符 |
[18:32] | I’d be taking credit for something I don’t deserve. | 这样我得到了本不属于我的荣耀 |
[18:35] | Okay. What would you be taking credit for? | 好吧 为何你有所得 |
[18:38] | Helping him. | 因为助他一臂之力 |
[18:38] | What are you doing? Helping him. | 而你有何为 就是助他一臂之力 |
[18:40] | I’m getting my coat. | 我去穿外套 |
[18:42] | But I wouldn’t be helping him as a psychiatrist. | 但我并不是以心理医生的身份帮到他的呀 |
[18:45] | Oh, that’s what’s bugging you? | 哦 原来你是烦恼在这个 |
[18:46] | People thinking you’re a good psychiatrist? | 觉得人们把你当做一个优秀的心理医生 |
[18:48] | – Exactly. – Are you a good psychiatrist? | – 正是如此 – 那你是个优秀的医生吗 |
[18:50] | – Yes. – I’m getting my coat. | – 我是 – 我去穿外套 |
[18:53] | Dad, Dad, I’m sorry. | 老爸 老爸 抱歉 |
[18:56] | We’re not going. | 我们不能去 |
[18:58] | Oh, man, I knew you’d find some way to ruin this. | 哼 我就知道你会找茬儿搅合了这事 |
[19:04] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[19:05] | Courtside season tickets. VIP parking. | 一整季的场边座位 VIP停车位 |
[19:09] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[19:10] | No, you’ve gotta have your reasons. | 不行 你总能找到理由 |
[19:13] | “It’s my ethics. | “因为我的职业道德” |
[19:15] | It’s my integrity. | “因为我的做人原则” |
[19:16] | It’s my allergies.” | “因为我过敏” |
[19:19] | Well, that’s it. I’m never getting my hopes up again. | 到此为止 我再也不对你抱任何希望了 |
[19:22] | Dad, you can still watch the game on TV. | 老爸 你还可以看电视里的直播啊 |
[19:24] | I don’t wanna watch it on TV. | 我不想看直播 |
[19:27] | – I’ll get you a beer. – I don’t like beer. | – 我给你拿瓶啤酒 – 我不爱喝啤酒 |
[19:32] | Dad, you know I’m right. | 老爸 你也明白我是对的 |
[19:38] | Will you look me in the eye and answer me one question? | 那你直视我的眼睛 回答我一个问题 |
[19:41] | Would you still be doing this | 你还会这么坚持 |
[19:42] | if these were courtside seats at the opera? | 如果你有的是歌剧的前排票 |
[19:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:49] | My ethics are my ethics. | 我有我的原则 |
[19:51] | And by the way, where do you think I got those ethics? | 再说了 你觉得我是从谁身上学到这些的 |
[19:53] | Oh, yeah, throw it back at me. | 这就对了 都推到我身上 |
[19:56] | That’s real mature. | 一点也不幼稚 |
[20:06] | I’d like to talk to Mr. MacLemore. | 我想见MacLemore先生 |
[20:08] | – Who wants to see him? – Just tell him N.C. Is here. | – 您是哪位 – 你说NC他就知道了 |
[20:11] | Nancy? | Nancy吗 |
[20:17] | No, N.C. | 不 NC |
[20:23] | What is so hard about that? | 这到底有什么难的 |
[20:28] | Damn, man, where’ve you been? | 亲 你跑哪儿去了 |
[20:29] | I gotta be on the court in five minutes. | 再过五分钟我就上场了 |
[20:31] | I know, I know. Stop. | 我知道 停下 |
[20:34] | Before you rub your hands all over me, we need to talk. | 在你摸我的头(摸遍我)之前 我有话要说 |
[20:37] | – What’s up? – Well, I’ll come right to the point. | – 怎的 – 我就开门见山了 |
[20:40] | This entire affair has grown out of control. I need to end it. | 咱两的事情(奸情)已经失控了 打住吧 |
[20:44] | What are you saying, you’re not coming down here anymore? | 什么 你说你以后再也不来了吗 |
[20:46] | Well, no. | 对 |
[20:47] | We can still see each other to talk, but no touching. | 我们还是可以见面聊天 但不许上手 |
[20:53] | That part of our relationship is over. | 我们之间的某种关系已经结束了 |
[20:56] | – Does this concern you? – It’s starting to. | – 你有什么困扰吗 – 还真有点 |
[21:01] | – All right, come on, dude. – No. Now, listen. | – 哎呀 拜托了 伙计 – 不行 听好 |
[21:05] | Do you really expect me to drop what I’m doing | 你真指望我放下一切 |
[21:07] | and race down here every day | 每天飞车过来 |
[21:09] | just so you can run your fingers over my head? | 好让你摸摸我的脑袋吗 |
[21:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[21:15] | Listen to me closely. | 你仔细听我说 |
[21:17] | You are a gifted athlete with tremendous skill. | 你是一个有天赋的球员 有着精湛的技巧 |
[21:20] | Marshal your talents. Concentrate. Focus. | 释放你的天赋 集中注意力 |
[21:24] | The key to your success is to trust your own God-given ability. | 成功的关键 就是相信你自己的天赋 |
[21:28] | It has nothing to do with my head. | 这跟我的脑袋没半毛钱关系 |
[21:30] | – It must be your hair. – Will you stop it. | – 肯定是托你头发的福 – 你有完没完 |
[21:33] | – You’re obsessing. – Come on, man, just let me touch it. | – 你别抽风了 – 拜托了 让我摸摸吧 |
[21:40] | No. | 不行 |
[21:42] | You have to look at this logically. | 你理性地想一想 |
[21:44] | I can’t come down here for every game, | 我总不能每场比赛都来吧 |
[21:45] | and I certainly can’t go with you when the team is on tour. | 我更不可能跟着你们去外地打巡回赛吧 |
[21:48] | This is not a long-term solution. | 这不是长久之计 |
[21:50] | What you need is legitimate therapy. | 你需要接受正规的心理咨询 |
[21:52] | If you wanna start, come inside. | 你要是愿意 咱们现在就进去 |
[21:54] | I’ll give you a quick session, we can proceed from there. | 我给你快速咨询一下 然后一步一步来 |
[21:57] | Yeah, you’re right, doc. I mean, | 你说得对 医生 |
[21:59] | what I need is a long-term solution. | 我需要的是长久之计 |
[22:01] | Good. | 很好 |
[22:03] | Yo, Frank, let me see those scissors. | 嘿 Frank 把这剪刀给我 |
[22:05] | Coming, doc. | 我来啦 医生 |