时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Oh, my God. Breathtaking. | 我的天呐 令人窒息的美 |
[00:12] | Well, don’t be greedy. Your turn was over 40 seconds ago. | 别太贪了 你都超时40秒了 |
[00:15] | All right, all right, Niles. | 好吧 好吧 Niles |
[00:16] | There it is. It’s the penthouse unit. | 就是那边 豪华顶层套房那边 |
[00:18] | – Second window from the right. – Uh-huh, uh-huh. | – 右边第二个窗户 – 嗯 嗯 |
[00:21] | Oh, mama. | 哎呀妈呀 |
[00:24] | You two know that what you’re doing isn’t right, don’t you? | 你们俩应该知道这么做不对吧 |
[00:26] | We’re simply admiring a | 我们只是在欣赏一张很少见的 |
[00:27] | rare Brancusi armchair, not a naked woman. | 布朗库西扶手椅 又不是在看裸体女人 |
[00:30] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 知道哪儿不对了吧 |
[00:35] | – Oh, hi, Daph. – Hello, Daphne. | – 嗨 Daph – 嘿 Daphne |
[00:37] | – You’re home kind of early, aren’t you? – A bit. | – 你是不是回来早了 – 有点 |
[00:40] | – Something sort of happened. – Oh, yeah? What? | – 发生了一些事 – 是吗 怎么了 |
[00:42] | Well, Joe and I were having dinner. | 我跟Joe共进晚餐 |
[00:45] | Everything was nice as could be, | 事情发展的很顺利 然后 |
[00:47] | and I said, “Don’t you like your potato?” | 我说 “你怎么都不碰你的土豆呢” |
[00:50] | And he said, “No, I’m not hungry for potato just now.” | 他说 “我只是现在不想吃土豆” |
[00:52] | I said, “If you don’t like your potato, | 我说 “如果你不喜欢你的土豆 |
[00:54] | you’re welcome to try my potato.” | 你可以尝尝我的土豆” |
[00:56] | Daphne, could we hasten | Daphne 我们可以直接跳到 |
[00:57] | to the post-potato portion of the dialogue? | 土豆之后的对话部分吗 |
[01:02] | Well, that’s when he said it. | 然后他就说了 |
[01:04] | He said we’d been on again, off again for too long | 他说我们老是分分合合 |
[01:07] | without making anything permanent. | 一直都没办法长久 |
[01:08] | So maybe it was best if we just broke up. | 所以可能我们还是分手比较好 |
[01:11] | Oh, gosh. I’m sorry. | 天呐 我很抱歉 |
[01:14] | You’re sure taking it well. | 你倒是很平静呢 |
[01:16] | Boy, if you’d have told me that | 要是我之前能知道 |
[01:17] | Joe would end up dumping you tonight I bet you | Joe今晚要把你甩了 我打赌 |
[01:19] | Oh, God, he dumped me! | 天呐 他把我甩了 |
[01:22] | – Somebody comfort her. – Right. | – 谁快安慰她一下 – 好的 |
[01:29] | Oh, this is so embarrassing. | 这真是太难为情了 |
[01:31] | Oh, no, no. Never mind about that. | 不 不 没有 别这么想 |
[01:34] | Expressing our feelings is always beneficial. | 发泄一下有益身心 |
[01:36] | Even if it does come at the expense of our pride. | 不过确实会伤到我们的自尊 |
[01:40] | And a very expensive brand new Italian silk jacket. | 和昂贵的全新意大利蚕丝外套 |
[01:45] | I don’t seem to be doing much good. Why don’t you give it a try? | 我好像不太擅长这个 要不你们试试 |
[01:48] | Now, Daphne. | 诶 Daphne |
[01:51] | That’s all right. | 没事的 |
[01:51] | You’re better off without him. That guy was a bum. | 你离开他再好不过了 他是个混蛋 |
[01:54] | He was the best thing in my life. | 遇见他 是我生命里最美好的事 |
[01:56] | Then maybe you two just weren’t meant for each other, you know. | 也许你们俩就是没缘分 |
[01:59] | You’re a champagne-and-caviar sort of gal. | 你是高雅的香槟鱼子酱女孩 |
[02:02] | He’s a meat-and-potatoes guy. | 他是俗气的土豆炖牛肉男人 |
[02:04] | Potatoes. | 土豆 |
[02:07] | – I’m messing up too. – I’ve got it, Dad. Here. | – 我也搞砸了 – 我来吧 爸 来吧 |
[02:09] | I’ll get it. | 我去开 |
[02:13] | – Hey, Daphne. – Roz. | – 嘿 Daphne – Roz |
[02:17] | Oh, my God. You got dumped. Ahhh. | 我的天呐 你被甩了 哦 |
[02:22] | – Did you make her answer the door? – It’s what she does. | – 你还让她来应门 是人嘛 – 这就是她的工作呀 |
[02:27] | Oh, it’s all right, come on. | 没事的 没事的 |
[02:30] | – I’m sorry about all this. – It’s all right. | – 我很抱歉 – 没事的 |
[02:32] | I guess I’m still at the point | 我想我还在一听他名字 |
[02:33] | where I can’t hear his name without crying. | 就忍不住哭的阶段 |
[02:36] | Did you hear that everyone? No one mentions the name “Joe.” | 你们都听到了吗 不许说”Joe” |
[02:47] | – Brandy, Niles? – Yes, thank you. | – 白兰地 Niles – 好的 谢谢 |
[02:50] | – Frasier? – Mm-hmm. | – Frasier – 嗯 |
[02:53] | I think I’ve just made an important decision. | 我刚刚做了一个重要决定 |
[02:55] | I’m going to tell Daphne how I feel about her. | 我要告诉Daphne我对她的感觉 |
[02:57] | – What? – I’m gonna tell her tonight. | – 什么 – 我今晚就告诉她 |
[02:59] | – You’re serious about this? – I am dead serious. | – 你来真的 – 不能更认真了 |
[03:01] | Maris and I are nowhere near reconciling. | Maris和我是不可能复合的了 |
[03:04] | I know this is the right decision | 我知道这是个正确的决定 |
[03:06] | because I’m completely calm about it. Look. | 因为我特别的冷静 你看 |
[03:16] | – Perhaps I’ll take that brandy. – Yes, all right. | – 可能我还是得来杯白兰地 – 是啊 好的 |
[03:19] | Niles, before you do something this rash, | Niles 在你鲁莽行事之前 |
[03:22] | perhaps you should consider it from all angles. | 也许应该多方位考虑一下 |
[03:24] | I’ve spent three years considering Daphne from all angles. | 我花了三年时间全方位考虑Daphne |
[03:29] | I’m just not sure this is the right timing. | 我只是觉得时机好像不对 |
[03:31] | No no, if you’re trying to rattle me, it’s not going to work. | 不 不 你喋喋不休也没用 |
[03:33] | I’ve been rehearsing for months. Daphne, | 我已经练习几个月了 Daphne |
[03:36] | there’s something I need | 我想要告诉你 |
[03:36] | to talk to you about. It’s a matter of… | 一件事 是关于 |
[03:39] | Daphne Daphne, | |
[03:41] | for a long time now, I– You and I– We– | 有很长一段时间 我 你和我 我们 |
[03:45] | Exactly how’s the brandy getting here, | 白兰地呢 |
[03:46] | by St. Bernard? | 是用圣伯纳救护犬从阿尔卑斯运过来的吗 |
[03:53] | Niles, I just think you should consider Daphne’s state of mind. | Niles 我只是觉得你要考虑Daphne现在的情况 |
[03:56] | I mean, she’s still reeling from her break-up with Joe. | 她刚跟Joe分手 还晕着呢 |
[03:59] | Listen, why don’t you just give it one more day? | 要不你再等一天好了 |
[04:02] | – A day? – It’s just a day. Just one day, please. | – 一天 – 就一天 一天就好 |
[04:05] | I mean, you’ve waited this long. | 你已经等了这么久 |
[04:07] | Another day won’t make a difference. | 多一天也没什么 |
[04:11] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:13] | Now Daphne, if the jewelry wasn’t that good | Daphne 如果他没钱送你珠宝 |
[04:16] | and the sex wasn’t that good, | 床上功夫也不好 |
[04:17] | what have you really lost here? | 你其实也没损失什么啊 |
[04:22] | Dr. Roz weighs in with the Gabor approach to therapy. | Roz医生以加伯理论作为治疗的突破口 |
[04:29] | What were the Sonics thinking last night? | 超音速队昨晚想什么呢 |
[04:31] | If you’re two for 15 behind the arc, | 当时比分是2比15 对方领先 你在三分线外 |
[04:33] | why do you give it to your two-guard | 为什么要把球回传给后卫 |
[04:34] | instead of jamming it down to your big man in the paint? | 而不是见缝插针传给禁区里的前锋 |
[04:38] | Eddie, I believe that question was directed at you. | Eddie 我觉得这个问题是问你的 |
[04:45] | You know, if you took an interest in sports, | 我说 如果你对运动稍微感点兴趣的话 |
[04:47] | I bet you’d end up enjoying it. | 我打赌你一定会非常喜欢的 |
[04:48] | It’s got drama, it’s got graceful stuff. | 非常有戏剧性 也非常优雅 |
[04:52] | Thank you, Dad, but frankly I’m quite | 谢了 爸 但我有 |
[04:53] | satisfied with the likes of Pavarotti’s Pagliacci. | 帕瓦罗蒂的<丑角>就够了 |
[04:53] | 以意大利南方为背景,表现平民阶层的日常生活, 被认为是意大利真实主义歌剧的典范作品 | |
[04:56] | You have your big man in the paint. I have mine. | 你有你禁区里的前锋 我也有我的 |
[05:05] | – Niles – Frasier – Niles. – Frasier. | |
[05:09] | Either your boutonniere’s way over the top, | 要么是你扣子上装饰的花太靠上了 |
[05:10] | or you’re here to execute last night’s plan. | 要么是你来执行昨晚的计划了 |
[05:15] | Look, I know I don’t have your total support in this, | 我知道你不支持我 |
[05:17] | – but how shall I put this? – You don’t care? | – 但怎么说呢 – 你才不在乎我的想法 |
[05:20] | If you could work the | 如果你能再加上 |
[05:20] | phrase “Rat’s ass” Into there, you’d have it. | “特么的”仨字儿 就更准确了 |
[05:27] | The fact is, I’m tired of being lonely, | 说实话 我厌倦了一个人的孤单 |
[05:30] | and it makes no sense going on being lonely | 而且现在我喜欢的人恢复单身了 |
[05:31] | when the woman I long for is unattached. | 我又何必单着呢 |
[05:33] | Yes, well, as I said the time you tried to | 好吧 上次你拿着伞从树屋上 |
[05:36] | jump out of the tree house with an umbrella, | 跳下来的时候我怎么说的来着 |
[05:38] | “I suppose you know what you’re doing.” | “我就当你知道你在干嘛好了” |
[05:42] | – Hey, Niles. – Hey, Dad. | – 嘿 Niles – 嘿 爸 |
[05:46] | Hello. Oh, just a second, please. | 你好 请稍等 |
[05:48] | – Dad, is Daphne in her room? – Gee, I don’t know. | – 爸 Daphne在她屋里吗 – 天 我不知道 |
[05:50] | Daphne! Hey, Daph! Daphne! | Daphne 嘿 Daph Daphne |
[05:53] | For God’s sake, I can yell! | 我的神呐 我也能喊啊 |
[05:57] | Would you hold, please? | 请稍等 |
[05:59] | Been waiting 30 years to do that. | 我都等了30年了 |
[06:03] | You’re probably wondering what I’m doing with these flowers. | 你可能很好奇我拿花干啥吧 |
[06:06] | – Now that you mention it. – Well, I’ll tell you. | – 既然你提起来了 – 我告诉你吧 |
[06:10] | They’re for Daphne. | 花是送给Daphne的 |
[06:12] | I’m going to tell her how I feel about her. | 我要告诉她我对她的感情 |
[06:14] | – That’s great, Niles. – That’s great? | – 很好 Niles – 很好 |
[06:17] | – Well, yeah. – You’re single now. She’s single. | – 对啊 – 你单身 她也单身 |
[06:19] | What’s the problem? | 有什么问题呢 |
[06:24] | – That’s so funny. – What is? | – 这太逗了 – 怎么了 |
[06:27] | That’s just not the reaction I expected. | 这不是我想像中你的反应 |
[06:29] | I thought you’d say something more Dad-like, you know, like– | 我以为你会说点老爸该说的话 比如 |
[06:32] | – You’re out of your mind? – Exactly. | – 你疯了吗 – 正是 |
[06:35] | She’s never gonna go for it in a million years. | 她再过一万年也不会答应的 |
[06:38] | Stop it. Stop it. | 打住 打住 |
[06:39] | Some day you’ll look back on this as the stupidest and most idiotic– | 某天你再回顾起来这简直是最傻最 |
[06:42] | I said stop it, Dad. | 我说打住 爸 |
[06:45] | – Morning, Dr. Crane. – Hello, Daphne. | – 早 Crane医生 – 嗨 Daphne |
[06:47] | Oh, don’t you look nice. | 你看起来真精神 |
[06:51] | Hello? | 喂 |
[06:53] | Yes, Rodney. Well, I’m so glad you called. | 是我 Rodney 真高兴你打电话来了 |
[06:57] | Well, yes, I enjoyed meeting you too. | 对啊 我昨晚也很愉快 |
[07:00] | Uh-huh. | 嗯 |
[07:01] | Well, that would be lovely. I’ll see you around 4 then. Bye. | 那很好 没问题 我们四点见 拜 |
[07:07] | – Rodney? – Yes. You won’t believe this. | – Rodney – 对啊 说出来你们都不会相信的 |
[07:10] | Last night, Roz insisted on | 昨晚 Roz坚持要带我 |
[07:12] | taking me to this bar she calls the Sure Thing. | 去一个她叫做板上钉钉的酒吧 |
[07:15] | How flattering. They’ve named a bar after her. | 这么牛啊 用她的别名命名了一个酒吧 |
[07:21] | Well, she said whenever she takes a friend there, | 她说不论什么时候她带朋友去那 |
[07:24] | they always end up meeting someone. | 他们都会遇见意中人的 |
[07:26] | Well, I wasn’t there ten minutes when she spun my barstool around | 在那不到十分钟 她转过我的椅子 |
[07:29] | and I was face-to-face with this nice-looking man. | 我就跟这个帅哥面对面了 |
[07:31] | – Rodney? – Right. | – Rodney – 对 |
[07:33] | I suppose it’s a bit soon for me to be seeing anyone else, | 我承认现在就开始约会别人是早了点 |
[07:37] | but if I wait, he might not be available when I’m ready. | 但要是等我准备好了 而他已经跟别人跑了呢 |
[07:39] | Timing is everything. | 时机才是关键 |
[07:42] | I can’t wait to tell Roz. | 我要马上告诉Roz |
[07:46] | “Give it a day, Niles.” I believe that was your brilliant advice. | “再等一天 Niles”何其明智的建议啊 |
[07:50] | I’m sorry, Niles. I really am. I don’t know what to say. | 我很抱歉 Niles 真的 我不知道该说什么 |
[07:54] | Too bad you didn’t have that problem last night. | 你昨天晚上怎么没这个问题呢 |
[07:56] | Look, don’t let it get you down. | 别气馁嘛 |
[07:59] | I’m not going to. I still have a fallback position. | 不会的 我还有备用方案 |
[08:02] | I’m going to call Roz and have her take me to that bar tonight. | 我要让Roz今晚带我去那个酒吧 |
[08:06] | Niles, really. A singles’ bar? | Niles 说真的 单身酒吧 |
[08:10] | Please, you’re not thinking clearly. | 算了吧 你都糊涂了吧 |
[08:12] | It’s not exactly your arena, is it? | 那不是你的地盘 对不对 |
[08:14] | Listen, why don’t you just give it a day and think it– | 对了 要不你等一天 再想想 |
[08:17] | Here, let me dial that for you. | 来 我帮您拨号 |
[08:32] | Well, I’m here. | 我来啦 |
[08:34] | I forgot to gargle, I’m wearing mismatched socks | 我忘了漱口,两只袜子还不一样 |
[08:36] | and I’m so nervous I could wet myself. | 而且紧张的快尿了 |
[08:40] | Well, at least we have your opening line down. | 至少你的开场白定下来了 |
[08:44] | You’re going to have to be patient with me, Roz. | 你一定要对我有耐心啊 Roz |
[08:45] | This isn’t exactly my milieu. | 这不是我的栖息地啊 |
[08:47] | Okay, let’s make that lesson number one. | 好的 我们来上第一课 |
[08:49] | If you’re going to use words like milieu, | 如果你要用栖息地这个词 |
[08:51] | you might as well show up here | 最好你嘴上得有个溃疡 |
[08:53] | with a sore on your lip and a couple of kids. | 还得带一群孩子来这儿 |
[08:59] | – Point well taken. – Will you sit down and relax? | – 明白了 – 坐下放松点好吗 |
[09:03] | You’re gonna be fine. Just a few little rules you need to know. | 没事的 记住下面几点就好 |
[09:07] | First, when you introduce yourself, be as casual as possible. | 首先 介绍你自己的时候 越随意越好 |
[09:10] | Second, you cannot say enough nice things about her hair. | 第二 你怎么夸她的头发都不过分 |
[09:14] | I know that sounds shallow, but it really works. | 我知道听起来很肤浅 但是很管用 |
[09:16] | And third, hang on her every word. | 最后 聚精会神地听她说的每一个字 |
[09:20] | Be fascinated. | 表现的很着迷 |
[09:22] | Now go. | 现在 去吧 |
[09:24] | – What do you mean, go? – It’s time. | – 什么意思 – 时间到了 |
[09:26] | I’m not ready. | 我没准备好呢 |
[09:28] | I’ve thrown a lot of babies in the water, | 我把一群孩子扔进水里 |
[09:30] | and they’ve all come up swimming. | 他们都游着泳浮上来了 |
[09:32] | – Now go. – No, no, I couldn’t possibly, not yet. | – 快去 – 不 不 我不可能 还没 |
[09:34] | – I have– Hello. – Hello. | – 我有 嗨 – 嗨 |
[09:38] | Hope I’m not bothering you. | 希望我没打扰到你 |
[09:40] | – No, not at all. I’m Adelle. – Niles. | – 不 一点也没 我是Adelle – Niles |
[09:45] | So, Adelle, | 那么 Adelle |
[09:46] | – is that one L or two? – Two. | – 是一个L还是两个 – 两个 |
[09:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[10:05] | – You’re wasting your time. – No, I’m not. | – 你在浪费时间 – 不 我没有 |
[10:08] | You’re not gonna win. | 你赢不了的 |
[10:10] | It’s time he learned what it’s like to be stared at all the time. | 是时候让它尝尝被人一直盯着是什么滋味了 |
[10:14] | Bring it on, buster. You got nothing. | 出招吧 失败者 你没啥新鲜招数了 |
[10:18] | You can’t touch me. I’m– Oh! | 你不能碰我 哦 |
[10:23] | It’s like his eye turned into | 看着看着 他的眼睛就变成 |
[10:24] | a sorcerer’s pinwheels and started spinning. | 巫师的风车一样转个不停 |
[10:28] | Just shake hands and say “Good fight.” | 快握个手说”友谊第一 比赛第二” |
[10:35] | – Hey, Dad. – How you doing? Niles Come on in. | – 嘿 爸 – 感觉咋样 快进来 |
[10:37] | Dad, this is Adelle Childs, my father, Martin. | 爸 这是Adelle Childs 我爸 Martin |
[10:40] | – Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you. – And my brother, Frasier. | – 见到你很高兴 – 见到你很高兴 – 我哥 Frasier |
[10:42] | – It’s so nice to finally meet you. – Nice to meet you too. | – 很高兴终于见到你了 – 我也是 |
[10:45] | – Are you all right? Your eyes look funny. – No, I’m fine, I’m fine. | – 你还好吧 你眼睛怪怪的 – 没什么 我没事 |
[10:47] | – Oh, listen, here are your tickets. – Thank you. | – 这是你的票 – 谢谢 |
[10:51] | Say, have you got time for a coffee before you go? | 对了 你们出发之前一起喝杯咖啡吧 |
[10:54] | – That’d be nice. – Splendid. | – 好呀 – 太好了 |
[10:55] | It gives me a chance to debut my Limoges coffee set… | 终于有机会让我那独一无二的 |
[10:58] | A series of six unique cups. | 里蒙六件套咖啡杯亮相了 |
[11:01] | Each one representing a different wife of Henry VIII. | 每个杯子代表亨利八世的一位夫人 |
[11:05] | My antique dealer just | 我的古董商刚刚帮我找到了 |
[11:07] | found an Anne of Cleves to complete the set. | 代表克莱沃的安妮的那个 终于凑齐了 |
[11:12] | He loves to rub it in. | 他就爱显摆 |
[11:13] | I’m still looking for Wilma to complete my juice glass set. | 我还在找有威尔玛头像的果汁瓶来凑齐我的收藏呢 |
[11:20] | I’ll lend you a hand. Excuse me. | 我来帮你 失陪一下 |
[11:24] | – So, what do you think? – She seems very nice. | – 那 你觉得怎么样 – 她很不错 |
[11:27] | She’s fabulous. | 她太完美了 |
[11:29] | I know it’s only been three dates, | 我知道才约会了三次而已 |
[11:31] | but I feel as though I’ve been rescued. | 但我感觉我被解救了 |
[11:33] | I no longer worry about becoming one of those pitiful losers | 我终于不用担心变成因为离婚而让人同情 |
[11:36] | embittered by a failed marriage, leading a lonely, pathetic life | 的失败者 过着孤独可悲的 |
[11:40] | of fulfillment and good times. | 却满足而又愉快的生活 |
[11:45] | Shouldn’t you make a beeping noise when you back up like that? | 你倒带的时候不需要哔一声吗 |
[11:49] | Well, coffee will be ready in a moment. | 咖啡马上就好了 |
[11:50] | What were you two whispering about? | 你俩说什么悄悄话呢 |
[11:53] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[11:55] | Just how whenever you think you have your life figured out, | 只是不管什么时候你觉得生活就是这样了的时候 |
[11:58] | something unexpected happens. | 总会有惊喜发生 |
[12:01] | Sorry. Forgot my keys. Hello, all. | 对不起 忘了带钥匙 嗨 大家好 |
[12:04] | – Oh, everyone, this is Rodney Banks. – Oh. | – 各位 这是Rodney Banks – 哦 |
[12:08] | Hello. | 嗨 |
[12:09] | – Dr. Niles Crane. – How do you do? | – Niles Crane医生 – 你好 |
[12:11] | The pleasure is mine. | 我的荣幸 |
[12:20] | – Flu season. – Can’t be too careful. | – 流感季节 – 再注意点也不过分 |
[12:23] | Oh, this is Dr. Frasier Crane and his father, Martin. | 这是Frasier Crane医生和他父亲 Martin |
[12:27] | – Good to see you. Welcome. – Hi, how are you? | – 很高兴见到你 欢迎 – 你好 |
[12:29] | This is Adelle Childs. | 这位是Adelle Childs |
[12:30] | – Hello. – Hello. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[12:32] | Well, we’ve just had the most wonderful day at the marina. | 我们在码头度过了美好的一天 |
[12:35] | – Oh, you got a boat? – Actually, no. | – 你们坐船了吗 – 嗯 没有 |
[12:37] | I have an inner ear curvature | 我的内耳曲率让我 |
[12:38] | that makes me prone to motion sickness. | 特别容易眩晕 |
[12:40] | But there’s a charming bistro there that serves the most– | 但是那有一个小酒馆有最好的 |
[12:49] | – It’s not me. – Not me. | – 不是我的 – 不是我的 |
[12:51] | Hello. Oh, I can’t talk now, Duke. | 嗨 我现在不方便说话 公爵 |
[12:54] | I’m in the Twilight Zone. | 我处在异次元呢 |
[13:03] | Would you like a coffee? | 要喝杯咖啡吗 |
[13:05] | – Oh, yes, that would be lovely. – I’ll give you a hand, Frasier. | – 好啊 太好了 – 我来帮你 Frasier |
[13:11] | – What the hell was that? – What the hell was that? | – 这他妈怎么回事 – 这他妈怎么回事 |
[13:17] | I think we should put a little red mark on the real Niles | 我们应该在真Niles身上标记红色 |
[13:20] | so we can tell them apart. | 这样我们就能区分他俩了 |
[13:22] | Niles must be going nuts. | Niles肯定要疯了 |
[13:24] | – Can I lend you a hand? – Oh, no, that’s fine, Niles. | – 要我帮忙吗 – 不用了 Niles |
[13:27] | Oh, but wait, wait a minute. So, what do you think of Rodney? | 等下 等等 你觉得Rodney怎么样 |
[13:31] | Bit of a pretentious fop, wouldn’t you say? | 就是个自命不凡的公子哥 是不是 |
[13:36] | – He doesn’t remind you of anyone? – Remind me of anyone? | – 他没让你想起谁吗 – 想起谁 |
[13:40] | So sorry, but about my coffee. | 抱歉 但是我刚刚忘说了 |
[13:42] | I neglected to mention that I like my milk steamed. | 我的咖啡要加煮过的牛奶 |
[13:45] | But just a dollop of foam, such as might give the effect | 再来一点泡沫 就像一块卷积云 |
[13:47] | of a cumulus cloud reflected in a still pond. | 倒映在静止的湖面上一样 |
[13:53] | Consider it done. | 明白了 |
[13:58] | I want to kill myself. | 我简直不想活了 |
[14:03] | Come on, Niles, it’s funny. | 别啊 Niles 多搞笑 |
[14:05] | No, it’s not remotely funny. | 不 这根本不好笑 |
[14:08] | Frasier talked me out of | Frasier打消了我对Daphne告白念头的那晚 |
[14:09] | approaching Daphne the night she fell for that man. | 她就跌进了那个男的的怀抱 |
[14:11] | You can’t possibly be mad at me. | 你不能对我发脾气 |
[14:13] | No, no, Frasier, I’m grateful. Come here. | 不 不会 Frasier 我很感激 你过来 |
[14:16] | – Let me show you how grateful I am. – Niles, calm down. | – 让我告诉你我多感激你 – Niles 淡定 |
[14:19] | – Isn’t Rodney just great? – Oh, yeah, nice guy. – Good man. | – Rodney是不是很棒 – 小伙不错 – 人挺好 |
[14:23] | You know, I think it was the moment | 我觉得在我跟Joe分手的那个瞬间 |
[14:24] | I broke up with Joe when I heard a voice say, | 我听到了一个声音对我说 |
[14:26] | “Daphne, it’s time you went for a completely new type of man.” | “Daphne 是时候去找个不同的男人了” |
[14:31] | – You’re a dead man. – I’ll serve our guests their coffee. | – 你死定了 – 我去给客人端咖啡了 |
[14:35] | Here we are. Coffee. | 咖啡来啦 |
[14:37] | Milk’s on its way. Niles is still steaming. | 牛奶快好了 Niles在煮 |
[14:42] | – Sugar? – Nothing on earth smells | – 要糖吗 – 再没有比现煮咖啡 |
[14:44] | quite so heavenly as a freshly brewed cup of coffee. | 更新鲜更美的味道了 |
[14:48] | Well, perhaps one thing does. | 除了这个 |
[14:50] | Oh, stop that. | 哦 别闹了 |
[14:53] | He loves to smell my hair. | 他特别喜欢闻我的头发 |
[15:01] | Anne Boleyn? | 安·波林碎了 |
[15:02] | Catherine of Aragon. | 阿拉贡的凯瑟琳 |
[15:12] | Oh, for heaven’s sake, Niles. | 看在老天的分上 Niles |
[15:15] | You don’t take my calls, you ignore me. | 你不接我电话 不理我 |
[15:19] | For God’s sake, it’s the behavior of a pouting adolescent. | 天呐 这根本就是小孩耍脾气 |
[15:22] | Are you quite finished now? | 你气完了没有 |
[15:26] | You put gum on my chair, didn’t you? | 你在我凳子上放口香糖了 是吗 |
[15:30] | Yep. | 正是 |
[15:33] | Niles, listen. | Niles 听着 |
[15:34] | I am terribly sorry if I steered you wrong. | 我非常抱歉给你支错招了 |
[15:40] | But just think about it, you know. | 但是你想一想就会明白 |
[15:42] | You do have a wonderful new woman in your life now, don’t you? | 你因此认识了一个很棒的女人 对不对 |
[15:47] | Yes, I suppose I do. | 嗯 算是吧 |
[15:50] | And Adelle does make you very happy, doesn’t she? | Adelle让你很开心 是不是 |
[15:54] | Yes. Yes, she does. | 是 是的 她让我很开心 |
[15:55] | Well, then if you’ve ever | 那么就算我以前的建议都不对 |
[15:56] | taken any of my advice before, take this. | 这次就听我的吧 |
[15:59] | Adelle could very well be the path to your happiness. | Adelle会带给你幸福的 |
[16:07] | But let’s just say I’m wrong. | 就当我刚刚是瞎说吧 |
[16:10] | But you’re not wrong. Adelle is a wonderful, affectionate woman. | 你没错 Adelle是很好很深情的女人 |
[16:17] | She’s clearly drawn to a man of my type. | 我这种男人就是她的菜 |
[16:20] | Just thinking about her lifts my spirits. Frasier, thank you. | 一想到她就让我精神振奋 Frasier 谢谢 |
[16:25] | Niles, look. | Niles 你看 |
[16:31] | I don’t believe it. | 我不信 |
[16:33] | The betrayal. | 这是背叛 |
[16:35] | – No one treats Daphne like that! – Niles. | – 不许这么对Daphne – Niles |
[16:39] | Whatever you do, do not engage him in a physical fight. | 不管你想干嘛 绝对不能打架 |
[16:42] | The whole thing would just look too weird. | 那看起来得多奇怪呀 |
[16:51] | Hello, Adelle. | 嗨 Adelle |
[16:53] | – Oh, no. – I know this may look | – 不是吧 – 我知道这看起来很像 |
[16:55] | a tad incriminating, but the truth is– | 一种背叛 但事实是 |
[16:57] | Oh, spare me, you ludicrous popinjay. | 算了吧 你这个荒唐的花花公子 |
[17:02] | I know exactly what’s going on. | 我知道这是怎么回事 |
[17:03] | I saw the whole thing from my table. | 我坐在那边全看见了 |
[17:05] | I was gonna call you. You see, Rodney and I… | 我正要给你打电话 我和Rodney |
[17:10] | – I’m sorry. – So am I, Adelle. | – 对不起 – 我也是 Adelle |
[17:13] | But I’m mostly sorry for Daphne. | 但是我主要是替Daphne遗憾 |
[17:15] | How do you intend to handle that small matter? | 你打算怎么解决这个小问题啊 |
[17:17] | I was planning on telling her this evening at Granville’s. | 我打算今晚在格兰维尔告诉她 |
[17:20] | We’re meeting for drinks. | 我们约好一起喝几杯 |
[17:22] | Granville’s. | 格兰维尔 |
[17:24] | Why don’t you do her a favor? Let me tell her. | 你发发善心 让我告诉她吧 |
[17:26] | Might be better coming from a friend. | 这事最好由朋友来说 |
[17:29] | Yes, perhaps you’re right. | 可能你是对的 |
[17:31] | Please tell her that I’m sorry. | 请告诉她我很抱歉 |
[17:32] | Sometimes when a man meets the woman that he’s meant to be with, | 有时男人遇见命中注定的女人时 |
[17:35] | there’s nothing he can do to resist it. | 无论如何也抵挡不住 |
[17:39] | I hope Daphne understands that. | 我希望Daphne能够理解 |
[17:43] | I hope she understands it too. | 我也希望她能理解 |
[17:48] | Rodney Rodney. | |
[17:50] | Adelle Adelle. | |
[17:55] | You know, there’s just one | 我其实只想 |
[17:56] | thing I’d think I’d like to ask you, Rodney. | 问你一件事 Rodney |
[17:59] | Do you have an older brother? | 你有哥哥吗 |
[18:01] | As a matter of fact, I do. | 你别说 我还真有 |
[18:02] | He’s always been the pride of the family. | 他是家里的宠儿 |
[18:04] | Handsome, successful, brilliant. | 又帅 又成功 又优秀 |
[18:07] | I’ve always been rather jealous of him. | 我常常很嫉妒他 |
[18:11] | Spooky. | 太诡异了 |
[18:24] | – Evening, Daphne. – Hello, Dr. Crane. | – 晚上好 Daphne – 嘿 Crane医生 |
[18:28] | You don’t seem surprised to see me. | 见到我你好像一点都不惊讶 |
[18:30] | I was running late so I called Rodney on his cellphone. | 我迟到了 所以给Rodney打了个电话 |
[18:33] | – He told me everything. – Oh, I’m sorry. | – 他全告诉我了 – 我很抱歉 |
[18:38] | I’m sorry for you too. | 我也替你感到抱歉 |
[18:40] | – Join me in a little sorrow-drowning? – I believe I will. | – 一起喝一杯淹没悲伤的酒吧 – 好 |
[18:44] | One more of these, please. | 请再来一杯这个 |
[18:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:54] | Well, you know, I can’t really blame Adelle. | 其实 我并不怪Adelle |
[18:57] | Rodney’s that sort of man that women seem to go for. | Rodney是那种招女人喜欢的男人 |
[19:02] | Yes, he is. | 是啊 他是 |
[19:04] | – I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to upset you. – No, you didn’t. | – 对不起 我不是有意的 – 不 没事儿的 |
[19:08] | I guess I’m just more in the mood | 我猜现在我只是更愿意听到 |
[19:10] | to hear about his negative qualities right now. | 关于他的负面的评价 |
[19:12] | Oh, well, he’s kind of a know-it-all. A bit fussy. | 这样啊 他有点自命不凡 爱挑毛病 |
[19:17] | Has to have everything just so. He’s nuts about cleanliness. | 一大推条条框框 他还有洁癖 |
[19:21] | Then there’s his clothes, his precious shoes. | 还有他的衣服 他的宝贝鞋 |
[19:23] | I don’t like this road we’re on. | 我不喜欢现在这个话题的方向 |
[19:28] | I mean, wouldn’t it be | 我是说 讨论一下 |
[19:29] | better if we discussed what’s in our future? | 未来不是更好吗 |
[19:33] | I suppose. | 也许吧 |
[19:35] | I’ll tell you one thing, after the run I’ve had lately, | 反正 经过最近的事情 |
[19:38] | I pity the next man I date. I’ll probably rip him to shreds. | 我很担心会狂虐我遇上的下一个人 |
[19:43] | What about the man after that? | 那下下一个呢 |
[19:47] | Men can be such an unfeeling lot. Look at Rodney. | 男人真的感情很淡 看看Rodney吧 |
[19:52] | The minute he heard I’d | 他一听说我刚刚分手了 |
[19:53] | broken up with someone, he moved right in for the kill. | 就马上要跟我约会 |
[19:56] | Is that how all men are? | 所有男人们都这样吗 |
[19:58] | No, not all men. | 不 不是所有男人都这样 |
[20:01] | No, of course they aren’t. You’re not. | 不 当然不 你就不是 |
[20:04] | You’re kind, sensitive. | 你很温和 很敏感 |
[20:07] | If you ask me, you were too good for that Adelle. | 要我说 Adelle配不上你 |
[20:11] | Thank you, Daphne. | 谢谢你 Daphne |
[20:14] | You know, the truth is, | 其实 |
[20:15] | my heart was never really in that relationship. | 我心里从未当她是我女朋友 |
[20:21] | I thought it might not be. | 我感觉也不是 |
[20:23] | There was someone else who was too much on my mind. | 某人占据了我太多的思绪 |
[20:27] | I had a feeling, Dr. Crane. | 我有这种感觉 Crane医生 |
[20:30] | – You did? – Yes. | – 是吗 – 是的 |
[20:33] | As long as you still have feelings for your wife, | 只要你对你的前妻还有感觉 |
[20:36] | you know you can’t be involved with anyone else. | 你就没法再跟别人在一起 |
[20:40] | And it makes sense to me. | 我觉得这很正常 |
[20:41] | Why, I know I’d never get involved with a man who was separated. | 为什么呢 我从没跟分居的男人约会过 |
[20:45] | Even if he’d worshipped you from the day he laid eyes on you? | 即使他从见到你第一眼起就爱上你了 |
[20:48] | And don’t think that’s not just how they put it too. | 而且他自己也是这么想的 |
[20:54] | No, I think I need to do a | 不 我觉得我得一个人静一静 |
[20:56] | bit of separating myself. From Joe, I mean. | 和Joe彻底分开 |
[21:00] | Yes, I’ll wait a good long time before I do any more dating. | 嗯 我要好好等一等再去约会 |
[21:04] | Well, I’m glad to hear that. | 恩 很高兴听到你这么说 |
[21:07] | Yeah. You know, it’s funny when you think about it. | 是啊 想想就很搞笑 |
[21:10] | The two of us both coming to this same singles’ bar this week. | 这周我们两个都来过这个单身酒吧 |
[21:14] | You know, this was the very stool I was on when I met Rodney. | 我遇见Rodney时就坐在这个椅子上 |
[21:18] | I was sitting here when I met Adelle. | 我也坐在这儿遇见的Adelle |
[21:23] | – What? – Oh, I was just thinking. | – 是么 – 我刚刚就在想 |
[21:26] | If it had been a different time | 如果在不同的时间 |
[21:27] | in both our lives, we might actually have met. | 不同的人生 也许我们会遇见 |
[21:31] | Oh, how do you suppose that would have gone? | 你觉得那会是怎样的呢 |
[21:33] | – What, our conversation? – Yes. Go on, just for fun. | – 什么 我们的对话吗 – 是啊 来 多好玩 |
[21:36] | We could both use a smile. | 我们现在都需要好好笑一笑 |
[21:39] | Well, I would’ve said, “Is this seat taken?” | 我想我会说 “这里有人吗” |
[21:43] | And you would’ve said no. | 你会说 没有 |
[21:45] | And you would’ve said, “My name is Daphne.” | 你会说”我叫Daphne” |
[21:48] | And I would’ve said, “My name is Niles.” | 我会说 “我叫Niles” |
[21:51] | And then I would’ve said, | 然后我会说 |
[21:54] | “What are you doing for the rest of your life?” | “你下半辈子想做什么呢” |
[21:58] | You always know just the right thing to say. | 你永远知道什么时候该说什么 |
[22:02] | Oh, I love you, Dr. Crane. | 我爱你 Crane医生 |
[22:06] | I love you too, Daphne. | 我也爱你 Daphne |