时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Look, we had an agreement. | 我们说好了的 |
[00:11] | We went to see a movie I wanted to see, | 咱们去看了我想看的电影 |
[00:13] | so I’m supposed to pay for the tickets. | 就应该由我来买单 |
[00:14] | Very well, Dad. | 好啊 老爸 |
[00:15] | The next time we go to see a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, | 那下次再去看尚格云顿电影的时候你付钱好了 |
[00:18] | not only may you pay for the tickets, | 到时候你不仅要付票钱 |
[00:20] | but also for the wild horses it will take to drag me there! | 还得出钱雇野马才能再把我拉去 |
[00:24] | Well, I’m only mad because we had an agreement. | 我只是生气我们明明都说好了 |
[00:27] | Now, a man’s supposed to honour his agreement, | 男人就该说到做到 |
[00:29] | didn’t you learn anything from that movie? | 从这部电影里你难道就没有学到什么吗 |
[00:31] | Yes, only that bullets are useless against the man who can kick really high! | 有啊 我学到只要会高飞踢 子弹都打不死 |
[00:36] | Now, look, I’m serious about this. | 听着 我是很认真的 |
[00:38] | Once in a while I’d like to pay. | 我也想有机会买买单 |
[00:40] | Okay. | 可以 |
[00:41] | Okay, so the next time we go anywhere, it’s on me. | 好 所以下次我们无论去哪儿都由我买单 |
[00:43] | Have I made my point? | 清楚了吗 |
[00:44] | Yes, Dad, with all the subtlety | 知道了 爸 |
[00:45] | Mr. Van Damme displayed when he | 您跟戴着飞行器飞到梵蒂冈 |
[00:47] | jet-packed into the Vatican to subdue that nasty Pope imposter! | 去揭发那个假教皇的云顿先生一样低调 |
[00:52] | Like you saw that coming! | 别告诉你没大吃一惊 |
[00:55] | Well, Maris has finally deigned to call me back | 在我发了至少二十条短信后 |
[00:58] | after I’d left no fewer than twenty messages! | Maris终于屈尊给我打电话了 |
[01:00] | Honestly, Niles, | 老实说 Niles |
[01:00] | by calling her so many times you give her all the power. | 你这么追着她打电话 把主动权都让给她了 |
[01:03] | You’re much better off coming from a position of strength! | 你得保有主动权才能对你有利 |
[01:06] | Don’t pour that sherry on your shirt, it will stain. | 小心别把雪莉酒溅到衬衫上 洗不掉的 |
[01:09] | What?! | 什么 |
[01:10] | I’m sorry, I thought this was the portion of the afternoon | 抱歉 我还以为又到了 |
[01:12] | where we gave each other patently obvious advice! | 我们告诉对方一些众所周知的废话的时候了 |
[01:16] | I had to call Maris! | 你以为我愿意打给maris吗 |
[01:17] | You know that party I’m throwing for my country club friends. | 还不是因为那个为我乡村俱乐部的朋友们办的派对 |
[01:20] | Oh, yes. The one I wasn’t invited to | 哦 对了 虽然我没被邀请 |
[01:21] | but my Waterford punch bowl was! | 但我的华登风水晶酒钵却被邀请了啊 |
[01:23] | Yes, well… Maris has chosen the exact same night | 对 嗯 Maris选择了同一个晚上 |
[01:25] | to throw a party of her own. | 办她的派对 |
[01:27] | Well, couldn’t you ask her to postpone? | 你不能让她晚几天吗 |
[01:28] | I tried. | 我试过了 |
[01:29] | She’s already flown in a sculptor from Sweden to capture her likeness in ice. | 她已经从瑞典空运了一名雕塑家来给她做人像冰雕 |
[01:33] | Ah, the perfect marriage of subject and medium! | 干嘛费劲再雕一个 |
[01:39] | Well, you can see my problem. | 你知道我的难处了 |
[01:40] | We’re going to be competing now for which friends go to which party. | 我们得为各自的派对竞争人客 |
[01:44] | You know Niles, for a separated couple still hoping to reconcile | 你知道吗Niles 对于分居中仍希望和好的夫妻 |
[01:47] | I’m afraid you’re going down a path… | 恐怕你已经踏上了不归 |
[01:49] | You shouldn’t wear that tie with that jacket. | 你穿这件夹克就不能搭那条领带 |
[01:53] | Oh, I see. Is that your clever way of telling me | 噢 我懂了 你是在转着弯地告诉我 |
[01:55] | I’m dispensing unwanted criticism? | 我说了一些某人不想听的吗 |
[01:56] | That too! | 一石二鸟 |
[02:00] | – Hello – Hello Daphne – Hello, boys. – Hello, Daphne. | |
[02:02] | Dr. Crane, will you be joining us for dinner? | Crane医生 你要和我们一起吃晚餐吗 |
[02:05] | What a nice invitation. I’d love to. | 多谢你的邀请 我很愿意 |
[02:07] | Well then, you’re in for a treat. | 好的 算你赶上了 |
[02:09] | I’ve decided to make Grammy Moon’s famous “Sheep’s Head Stew.” | 我决定做我奶奶最有名的炖羊头 |
[02:14] | Oh, don’t worry. The name’s a bit misleading. | 别担心 这个名字有点吓人 |
[02:16] | It’s actually more of a soup! | 它其实就是一道汤 |
[02:21] | You actually use a real sheep’s head? | 你是要用真的羊头做吗 |
[02:22] | Well, you have to. It’s right in here. | 那是当然的 在这儿呢 |
[02:25] | Oh my God, I just remembered. | 噢 天呐 我刚想起来 |
[02:27] | We have reservations at Le Cigare Volante tonight! | 我们今晚预约了Le Cigare Volante餐厅 |
[02:30] | – Oh my God, you’re right. – Oh Jeez, I nearly forgot. | – 噢 天呐 是的 – 噢 神额 我都差点忘了 |
[02:33] | You’re going too, Mr. Crane? | Crane先生 你也要去吗 |
[02:34] | Well, I promised the boys. | 呃 我已经答应孩子们了 |
[02:36] | I…I don’t suppose there’s any way | 我 我是不是 |
[02:37] | you guys would let me out of this, is there? | 非去不可 孩子们 |
[02:41] | Well, I tried! | 好吧 我试过了 |
[02:43] | Well, have fun. I’m off to stick me head in the oven. | 好吧 吃得开心点 我去厨房忙活了 |
[02:51] | Hello, Marshall? I got rid of them. | Marshall 我搞定了 |
[02:56] | You bring some wine and I’ll throw the steaks on. | 你带点酒 我准备煎牛排了 |
[03:09] | Oh dear Lord, it’s rather busy. | 我的神啊 这么多人 |
[03:10] | Let’s keep our fingers crossed. | 碰碰运气吧 |
[03:13] | Francois Francois! | |
[03:14] | – Ah, Dr. Crane. Bonsoir. – Bonsoir. | – 你好 Crane医生 – 你好 |
[03:17] | – Dr. Crane. Bonsoir. – Bonsoir. | – 你好 Crane医生 – 你好 |
[03:20] | And this is our father, Martin Crane. | 这是我们的父亲 Martin Crane |
[03:21] | – Ah, Monsieur Crane. – How you doing? | – Crane先生 – 你好吗 |
[03:24] | Enchante! | 很高兴认识你 |
[03:26] | Francois, I’m afraid we are at your mercy tonight. | Francois 不好意思今晚得请你做个人情了 |
[03:29] | You see, we have no reservations. | 我们没有提前预定 |
[03:30] | Oh la la, Dr. Crane. I will see what I can do. | 噢啦啦 Crane医生 我看看能做些什么 |
[03:34] | Thank you, thank you. Anything would be just fine, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 不胜感激 谢谢 |
[03:37] | Come to think of it we haven’t been here | 话说 自从上次Wakim主厨接回他的小拇指后 |
[03:39] | since Chef Wakim had his pinky grafted back on. | 我们就没再来过了 |
[03:41] | Oh. Then this is your first time seeing our new artwork. | 噢 那你们是首次欣赏我们新的艺术品了 |
[03:46] | He’s my own discovery. His name is Cordoba! | 这是我发掘的新星 他的名字叫科尔多瓦 |
[03:50] | – Exquisite! – Stunning! | – 太精美了 – 美得令人窒息 |
[03:52] | My God, I don’t think I’ve ever seen such fearless use of colour. | 天呐 我从没见过这么大胆的用色 |
[03:57] | You know, as usual, your taste is as fine as your cuisine. Any luck? | 一如既往 你的品位跟你的料理一样好 有位置吗 |
[04:02] | For you, yes. For Dr. Dubain who brings his own wine, no! | 你们有 自带酒水的Dubain医生就没那么幸运了 |
[04:08] | – Follow me, please. – Merci bien! | – 请跟我来 – 非常感谢 |
[04:10] | Your table is ready. | 你们的桌子已经准备好了 |
[04:11] | You guys go ahead. I’ve got to make a little visit to Le Can! | 你们先看 我要去趟洗手间 |
[04:19] | Le menu! I will be back with the wine list. | 这是菜单 我稍后拿酒水单来 |
[04:24] | Wine list? My God, he ought to bring us blindfolds. | 酒水单 天呐 他应该给我们眼罩 |
[04:27] | I mean, what is he thinking with this artwork? It’s appalling! | 他到底喜欢那幅画什么 太可怕了 |
[04:32] | Who is it who said that art in restaurants | 某人说过餐厅里的艺术品 |
[04:34] | is on the same level with food in museums? | 和博物馆里的食物是一个水平 |
[04:38] | The little white lies one will tell for a good table. | 为了一个好位子 说点善意的谎言也无伤大雅 |
[04:40] | Of course I would compliment a black velvet Elvis right now | 如果拿Wakim主厨的蜜汁龙虾说事儿的话 |
[04:43] | if Chef Wakim’s lobster comfit were at stake! | 我可以赞美一个黑人猫王 |
[04:48] | Frasier, that’s Winchett Cook. | Frasier 那是Winchett Cook |
[04:51] | She’s one of the guests Maris and I are competing over for our parties. | 她是我和Maris竞争的客人之一 |
[04:53] | I’m going to go woo her. | 我要去争取她 |
[04:54] | Oh really, Niles. Why don’t you just reschedule your party? | 妈呀 Niles 要不你干脆另外安排派对时间算了 |
[04:57] | Because I don’t want to give Maris the satisfaction. | 我不想让Maris得逞 |
[04:59] | – She’s pushed me around long enough. – All right. | – 她一直把我推来推去 – 好吧 |
[05:01] | Metaphorically, of course. | 当然这是比喻 |
[05:02] | In reality she can hardly push at all. | 现实中她根本推不动任何东西 |
[05:06] | Like that terrible afternoon last spring | 去年春天某个糟糕的下午 |
[05:07] | she spent trapped in the revolving doors at Bergdorf’s! | 她被困在Bergdorf餐厅的旋转门里推不出来 |
[05:12] | I hope there’s something on there you like ‘cos dinner’s on me tonight. | 你随便点你爱吃的 今晚我请 |
[05:16] | What do you mean, Dad? | 老爸 你什么意思 |
[05:17] | We had an agreement. | 我们约好的 |
[05:17] | Next time we went out it was my treat. | 下次我们一起出去就我请 |
[05:19] | – Yes Dad, but when I said that what I meant was… – Hup! | – 是的老爸 但我的意思是 – 闭嘴 |
[05:21] | We’re not discussing it. | 我们不讨论这个 |
[05:22] | – Yes, but Dad it’s rather pricy. – Hup! You promised. | – 好 但老爸这儿很贵的 – 闭嘴 你保证过的 |
[05:25] | – I just don’t… – Hup! | – 我只是不想 – 闭嘴 |
[05:27] | All right, all right, your treat. | 好吧 好吧 你请 |
[05:28] | Thank you. Now don’t worry about it, just order whatever you want… | 谢谢 别担心 只管放开了点 |
[05:36] | Is this per person? | 这是单人的价格吗 |
[05:39] | The wine list. | 这是酒水单 |
[05:41] | Thank you. Thank you, Francois | 谢谢 谢谢你 Francois |
[05:42] | but I don’t believe we’ll be having any wine tonight | 但我们今晚不喝酒了 |
[05:46] | And I’m going out for a Big Mac after work! | 我还下班后去吃巨无霸呢 |
[05:50] | No, I’m really being quite serious. | 不 我是认真的 |
[05:51] | You see, my brother and I are watching our caloric intake tonight | 我和我弟弟今晚要控制我们摄入的热量 |
[05:54] | we’ll be eating light. | 我们得吃清淡点 |
[05:55] | As you wish, Doctor. | 请便 医生 |
[05:59] | I know what you’re doing, you know. I’m not stupid. | 我知道你在干吗 我不傻 |
[06:01] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[06:02] | You’re eating light? | 你们得吃清淡点 |
[06:03] | All the way over here you had the same look on your face | 一路上你脸上的表情 |
[06:05] | that Eddie gets when he hears a can opener! | 就和Eddie听到开罐器的声音时表情一样 |
[06:08] | Look, Dad, it’s just that I’m not that comfortable | 老爸 我只是觉得你买单时 |
[06:10] | ordering an expensive meal when you’re paying. | 我们偏偏来吃这么贵的东西让我不太舒服 |
[06:13] | Well, what’s the big deal? | 这有什么 |
[06:14] | You take me to places like this all the time. | 你一直都带我来这种地方 |
[06:16] | I can afford it! | 可我能付得起啊 |
[06:19] | I’m sorry. I didn’t mean that the way it sounded. | 对不起 我不是那个意思 |
[06:23] | I know how you feel. | 我知道你什么感受 |
[06:24] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不知道 |
[06:25] | You’re always paying for me and I’m never allowed to pay for you. | 你一直在为我买单 而我从没机会为你买单 |
[06:27] | Well, it feels pretty lousy. | 感觉很不好 |
[06:29] | Well, go ahead, Mr. Bigshot, you pay! | 行 土豪先生 你付钱 |
[06:32] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[06:33] | Well, the good news is Winchett has agreed to come to my party. | 好消息是Winchett同意来我的派对 |
[06:36] | The bad news is I’ve left my wallet at home so, | 坏消息是我把钱包落在家里了 |
[06:38] | Frasier, I’m afraid this is on you. | 所以Frasier 这顿得你请客了 |
[06:40] | Actually, tonight’s dinner is on Dad. | 事实上 今晚老爸请客 |
[06:41] | No, you ruined it. I’m not paying. | 不 没兴致了 我不付钱了 |
[06:43] | Well, I’m not paying. | 我也不付钱 |
[06:45] | Well, I can’t pay! | 恩 我没法付钱 |
[06:48] | So that would be three Happy Meals to go? | 三位是准备点三份开心套餐打包吗 |
[06:55] | No, he never suspected a thing. | 不会 他根本没怀疑过 |
[06:58] | Yes, I had a great time too. | 是的 我也很开心 |
[07:01] | Oh go on, Marshall, say it again. | 对了 Marshall 再说一遍 |
[07:06] | Now say it how you said it last night like Donald Duck. | 你用昨晚唐老鸭的声音再说一次 |
[07:11] | Well, I guess it was the wine that made it funny. | 好吧 可能是醉了才觉得好笑 |
[07:15] | Yes, I’ll see you tonight. Bye. | 是的 今晚见 再见 |
[07:19] | – Hello. – Hello Daphne. | – 你们好 – 你好 Daphne |
[07:20] | Will you be savouring us with any English delicacies tonight? | 今晚又要为我们做些英国菜吗 |
[07:22] | Well as a matter of fact, yes. | 你还真说对了 |
[07:24] | The butcher had in some lovely carved stomachs | 今天屠夫那儿有新鲜的羊肚 |
[07:26] | so I’m going to try my hand at haggis. | 所以我打算试做一道肉馅羊肚 |
[07:30] | Even Hannibal Lecter couldn’t keep that woman’s cooking down! | 就算是汉尼拔也吃不下去吧 |
[07:37] | Hello? Ah, Winchett, so looking forward to seeing you at the party. | 你好 Winchett 非常期待在派对上见到你 |
[07:43] | Oh, how dreadful. Oh, you poor thing. | 噢 太可怕了 可怜的 |
[07:46] | No, no, of course I understand. The important thing is that you get better. | 不不 我当然能理解 希望你早日好转 |
[07:50] | You are a dear for calling… | 谢谢来电 |
[07:52] | ..you lying, two-faced cow! | 你个撒谎精 两面派 |
[07:57] | So she’s not really sick? | 她没生病吗 |
[07:58] | Oh, hardly. | 不可能 |
[07:59] | Maris is luring away all my confirmed guests. | Maris勾引走了我这边已经确定出席的所有客人 |
[08:02] | Suddenly there are accidents, deaths in the family. | 突然间各种意外 亲人离世 |
[08:05] | A wave of misfortune is sweeping through society’s blue bloods | 自从法国大革命以来 还从没有这么一大波恶运 |
[08:07] | at a rate unprecedented since the French Revolution! | 突袭了整个上层社会 |
[08:12] | Oh great, you’re back. | 太好了 你回来了 |
[08:13] | Hey, listen. About last night at the restaurant, I’m really sorry. | 听着 在餐厅的那晚 我真的很抱歉 |
[08:17] | Oh, no, no, no Dad. It was my fault. I should have been more gracious. | 噢 不 不老爸 是我的错 我应该大度一些 |
[08:19] | No, no, it was my fault. I was the one who overreacted. | 不 不 是我的错 是我反应过度了 |
[08:22] | I just really wanted to do something nice for you. | 我只是很想为你做点什么 |
[08:26] | You know, the older you get the harder it is to do stuff for your kids. | 你们越大 我就越难为你们做些什么 |
[08:30] | I understand. I tell you what. Next three dinners are on you. | 我懂 要不这样 之后三顿饭都你请了 |
[08:34] | No, no, no. I found something better than that. | 不 不 不 我找到更好的 |
[08:36] | I finally found something I know you’re gonna like. | 我终于找到了你喜欢的东西 |
[08:38] | Now just a minute. This is going to be so great. | 稍等一下 这个实在棒极了 |
[08:41] | My God, I haven’t seen him this excited | 天呐 除了买到四合一遥控器那天 |
[08:43] | since he got that four-in-one remote control! | 我从没见过他这么兴奋 |
[08:59] | – It’s a Cordoba. – Ole! | – 是科罗多瓦的画 – 噢嘞 |
[09:05] | Yeah, you guys were raving about these paintings last night | 你们昨晚很欣赏这幅画 |
[09:07] | so I went down to the restaurant this morning | 所以我今天特意去餐厅 |
[09:09] | to find out where they got theirs | 打听哪里能买到 |
[09:10] | and lucky me, the ones they had were for sale. | 很幸运的是 这画他们愿意卖 |
[09:13] | Dad, this is awfully, awfully… | 老爸 这个真是该死的 该死的 |
[09:16] | Expensive! Yeah, yeah but it’s worth it. | 贵 是的 但它值得 |
[09:20] | You don’t know how good this makes me feel. | 你不知道这让我感觉有多好 |
[09:23] | After I’m gone this will still be here. | 等我不在了 它依然在这儿 |
[09:28] | Hey Daph, come here. Take a look at this. | 过来 Daph 看看这个 |
[09:30] | Well, I’m very impressed, Mr. Crane. | 真厉害呀 Crane先生 |
[09:33] | When did you have the time to do that? | 你什么时候画的 |
[09:38] | Oh, sure. Like I could paint something like this. | 哼 好像我能画成这样似的 |
[09:41] | You know, I was thinking, maybe, we could put it over the fireplace. | 我在想 或许可以把它放在壁炉上 |
[09:45] | Yes, yes, the fireplace. That’s the first place I thought of too! | 是的 是的 壁炉 那也是我第一个想到的地方 |
[09:55] | …and lately I’ve had the chronic fluctuating mood disturbances | 近来我习惯性的情绪极度波动 |
[09:57] | which would indicate psychothymic disorder. | 很可能是精神紊乱造成的 |
[09:59] | I mean, the hypomanic symptoms are there | 我已经有轻度狂躁症的症状 |
[10:01] | and yet I’m experiencing moments of aphasia and aproxia and | 还出现过失语症和失用症 |
[10:03] | I just want to pull my teeth out, Dr. Crane. | 我只想把我的牙都拔下来 Crane医生 |
[10:06] | What do you think? | 您认为呢 |
[10:07] | Well, Greg, two possible diagnoses come to mind. | Greg 我能想到的只有两种情况 |
[10:12] | Either you are seriously mentally ill | 一是你已经病入膏肓 |
[10:13] | and you should be institutionalized immediately, | 需要马上入院治疗 |
[10:16] | or you are a first-year psychology student! | 二是你是个心理学专业的大一新生 |
[10:20] | Oh yeah, I’m at UW. | 噢 是的 华盛顿大学 |
[10:22] | Yes, well, it’s not uncommon for students to feel that | 我知道 一般学生觉得自己出现了 |
[10:25] | they’re manifesting symptoms that they are studying. | 正在学习的症状是很普遍的 |
[10:28] | It’ll pass. | 会过去的 |
[10:30] | What do I do till it passes? | 那这段时间我该怎么做呢 |
[10:31] | Well, just relax. | 放轻松就好了 |
[10:33] | Though it might be a good idea to | 不过还是等到春假以后 |
[10:34] | postpone reading about male sexual disorder until after spring break. | 再看关于男性性功能障碍的内容吧 |
[10:41] | That’s all the time we have for today. | 今天的内容就是这样了 |
[10:42] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, KACL 780. | 这里是Crane医生秀 调频KACL780 |
[10:46] | – Good show. – Thanks, Roz. | – 节目很棒 – 谢谢 Roz |
[10:48] | Say, Roz, if you’re not busy after work would you like, | Roz 如果你下班后没什么事的话 |
[10:51] | maybe, to get a drink or something? | 要不去喝一杯 |
[10:53] | Maybe see a movie? You pick, I’ll pay? | 或者看场电影 你来选 我买单 |
[10:57] | You can stay out as late as you want but eventually | 你爱待多晚待多晚 |
[10:59] | you’re going to have to go home and that painting will still be there! | 但你始终是要回家的 而那幅画还会在那儿 |
[11:04] | You have to tell him. | 你得告诉他 |
[11:06] | I can’t, Roz. You didn’t see the look on his face when he gave it to me. | 我做不到 你没看见他给我那幅画时的表情 |
[11:10] | Frasier, have I ever told you about my ceramic hippo collection? | 我有没有告诉过你我的瓷河马收藏 |
[11:12] | Oh yes, many times. | 有的 好多次 |
[11:13] | The hell I have! Shut up and listen! | 该死的我居然说过 闭上嘴认真听 |
[11:16] | One Christmas my Grandma sent me a ceramic hippo… | 有一年圣诞节我奶奶送我一个瓷河马 |
[11:19] | Roz, a hippo cannot possibly be as repellant | Roz 一个河马和狂暴的斗牛士 |
[11:21] | as a rabid matador killing an epileptic bull! | 正在杀一只抽搐的牛是不能比的 |
[11:26] | Was the bull wearing a pork-pie hat and fishing off a dock? | 那头牛会戴着猪肉派的帽子在船上钓鱼吗 |
[11:30] | Continue. | 您接着说 |
[11:32] | I made the mistake of telling her how much I loved it. | 我犯的错误就是告诉她我有多喜欢这个礼物 |
[11:35] | Well, that just opened the floodgates. | 从那以后就跟开闸洪水一样 |
[11:37] | I got ice-skating hippos and hula-hooping hippos. | 滑冰的河马 转呼啦圈的河马 |
[11:40] | Thank God for that earthquake. | 感谢那场地震 |
[11:43] | Oh, you mean they broke? | 噢 你是说它们都摔坏了 |
[11:45] | Well, I assume they did when they hit the bottom of the garbage chute. | 我确信当它们被砸进垃圾箱时 应该摔碎了吧 |
[11:50] | But I blamed it on the earthquake, | 但我把它归咎于地震 |
[11:52] | and the point is, you need to | 重点是你要 |
[11:53] | talk to your father now and be honest with him | 跟你父亲说实话 |
[11:56] | or you’re gonna be stuck with that thing | 要不你就得天天忍受着它 |
[11:57] | until the next natural disaster. | 直到下一场自然灾害的来临 |
[11:58] | You’re right, Roz. | 你说的对 Roz |
[12:01] | Guess I’ll just have to tell him this afternoon. | 今天下午我就跟他说 |
[12:05] | Oh, Roz, that crystal vase I gave you three years ago for Christmas… | 对了 Roz 我三年前圣诞节送你的水晶花瓶 |
[12:09] | er… you said that was broken in the earthquake? | 你说它在地震中摔坏了 |
[12:11] | Oh, no, no, that really was. | 是的 是的 那确实是摔坏的 |
[12:13] | I was very disappointed. | 我非常伤心 |
[12:15] | As disappointed as you were when | 就跟你看到我送的圣诞节毛衣 |
[12:16] | Eddie chewed up that sweater I gave you for Christmas! | 被Eddie咬坏时一样伤心 |
[12:21] | – This year, liquor? – Deal! | – 那今年 酒 – 成交 |
[12:30] | – Hi, Dad. – Hey, Fraz. | – 老爸 – Hey Fraz |
[12:35] | You know, Dad, I was just down in the storage room | 老爸 我刚在储藏间 |
[12:36] | putting away some boxes | 清理了些箱子 |
[12:38] | and guess what I came across | 猜猜我发现了什么 |
[12:41] | that smoking jacket I gave you for Christmas last year? | 我去年圣诞节送你的那件男士便服 |
[12:45] | The shiny one? | 闪闪发光的那件 |
[12:46] | Not shiny, Dad. Silk! | 不是发光的 老爸 是绸的 |
[12:50] | I really messed up on that one, didn’t I? | 我选的礼物真的很糟糕 是不是 |
[12:53] | – Buying things for other people, it’s so hard sometimes, isn’t it? – Yeah. | – 有时候买礼物是件特别困难的事情 – 是的 |
[12:57] | Hey, you want some pastrami? There’s more in the fridge. | 你要吃熏牛肉吗 冰箱里还有 |
[12:59] | Oh, no, no, Dad. I don’t really care for pastrami. | 不 不 老爸 我对熏牛肉没兴趣 |
[13:02] | Isn’t that funny? | 是不是很有意思 |
[13:04] | You can love something so much and I would find it distasteful? | 你觉得一样东西很好吃 但却不合我的口味 |
[13:09] | People have different tastes, you know? | 人们的口味都不尽相同 是吧 |
[13:11] | Yeah, well that’s one way of looking at it. | 是啊 这是一种说法 |
[13:13] | Some people like pastrami, like me. | 有些人喜欢熏牛肉 比如说我 |
[13:15] | Other people don’t. They’re nuts! | 有些人不喜欢 他们都是蠢蛋 |
[13:20] | – Afternoon. – Afternoon, Niles. | – 下午好 – 下午好 Niles |
[13:21] | Niles. Niles | |
[13:22] | Dad. Frasier, I’m here to pick up the punch bowl for my party. | 老爸 Frasier 我是来拿派对用的水晶酒钵的 |
[13:26] | Although at this point a soup bowl might suffice. | 虽然现在用汤碗就够了 |
[13:34] | Thanks to Maris I’m down to three confirmed guests. | 托Maris的福 我只剩下三位确定能来的客人了 |
[13:37] | Three? Yesterday it was twelve, wasn’t it? | 三位 昨天不是还有十二位吗 |
[13:39] | She’s circulating a vicious rumour that I’m going to have a karaoke machine! | 她四处恶意造谣说我的派对上要搞卡拉OK |
[13:44] | You know, this vindictive behaviour of Maris’s is completely out of line. | Maris这种报复行为已经不可理喻了 |
[13:49] | You know, if you don’t want to continue with it | 如果你不想继续忍受 |
[13:50] | you really should call her on the phone. | 你应该直接给她电话 |
[13:52] | Confront her. | 直面她 |
[13:54] | You’re absolutely right. | 你说的对 |
[13:57] | It’s time I took the bull by the horns. | 是时候抓住牛角反击了 |
[14:03] | Sorry! | 不好意思 |
[14:05] | Maris. Niles. You may feel you’ve triumphed, | Maris 我是Niles 也许你觉得你赢了 |
[14:08] | but all you’ve done is shown yourself to be petty and uncivil. | 但你的所作所为只能表现出你的狭隘和没素养 |
[14:13] | Frankly, the only people lower than you | 坦率地说 你太差劲了 |
[14:15] | are the fickle paramecia that | 而比你更差劲的 |
[14:17] | deserted my party to attend yours. | 就是那些转而参加你派对的没大脑的墙头草 |
[14:20] | Uh-huh. Oh, I see. | 嗯哼 噢 我知道了 |
[14:23] | Very well. Yes. I’ll see you at eight, should I bring anything? | 很好 好的 八点见 需要我带什么吗 |
[14:33] | Thank God for the starch in that shirt | 天呐 幸亏你的衬衫上硬浆了 |
[14:34] | or there’d be nothing holding you upright! | 否则你还怎么直的起腰来 |
[14:40] | Hey, Niles. Here. | 送你的 Niles |
[14:44] | Well, what’s that? | 是什么 |
[14:45] | – It’s a wine rack. – Really? | – 酒架 – 是吗 |
[14:48] | Yeah. I felt kind of bad about giving Frasier something | 是的 送了Frasier东西而没送你 |
[14:51] | and nothing for you, | 我心里很过意不去 |
[14:52] | so I saw it at PriceBusters. | 我在电视购物节目<便宜货>上看见了这个 |
[14:56] | Well, thank you for the thought, Dad | 老爸 谢谢你想到我 |
[14:58] | but it doesn’t really fit in with the décor of my apartment. | 但它实在和我家的装修风格不搭 |
[15:01] | Oh. Oh, well OK. No harm done. I’ll take it back. | 噢 没事 没关系 我可以把它退了 |
[15:06] | Anybody want a beer? | 有人要啤酒吗 |
[15:06] | – No, thanks. – No thanks, Dad. | – 不用了 谢谢 – 不用了老爸 谢谢 |
[15:11] | Frasier, I no longer require your punch bowl, | Frasier 我不用借你的水晶酒钵了 |
[15:13] | but may I borrow your blow dryer? | 但我要借吹风机 |
[15:14] | Of course. Why? | 可以 怎么了 |
[15:16] | Sven just finished Maris’s ice sculpture | Sven刚完成Maris的冰雕 |
[15:18] | and she’s convinced she looks a bit “hippy.” | 她觉得冰雕看起来有点太嬉皮了 |
[15:23] | Dad? Are you sure Niles didn’t just hurt your feelings there? | 老爸 你确定Niles刚刚没伤害你的感情 |
[15:29] | No. No. I’m glad he told me. | 没有 没有 我很庆幸他告诉我 |
[15:30] | I don’t want to give him something he doesn’t like. | 我不希望送他他不喜欢的东西 |
[15:33] | That’s very wise. | 非常明智 |
[15:35] | You know, it’s important that fathers and sons | 父子之间的 |
[15:36] | can be honest with each other. | 坦诚很重要 |
[15:38] | It shows respect. | 体现了尊重 |
[15:41] | You know I’ve been thinking, Dad, about the painting. | 我一直在思考 老爸 关于那幅画 |
[15:44] | You know, art is such a personal thing? | 艺术是件很个人的事 |
[15:46] | What one person may like, another may not? | 各鸟入各林 |
[15:48] | It doesn’t mean one of them is right and the other is wrong. | 这并不意味着谁对谁错 |
[15:51] | You’re telling me you don’t like the painting? | 你是在说你不喜欢那幅画吗 |
[15:52] | Well, it’s not that I don’t like it. | 不是我不喜欢 |
[15:54] | It’s just that I don’t love it. It’s not me. | 只是我没有那么喜欢 不是我的风格 |
[15:59] | Not a problem, you don’t like it, I’ll take it back. | 没关系 你不喜欢 我退回去就是了 |
[16:01] | Oh thank you, thank you, Dad. | 噢 谢谢 谢谢老爸 |
[16:02] | That’s such a relief. You know, | 终于可以松口气了 |
[16:03] | I was up half the night worrying about it and I just… | 我担心了大半个晚上 |
[16:08] | Dad, are you all right? | 老爸 你还好吧 |
[16:10] | I didn’t upset you, did I? | 我没让你难受吧 |
[16:13] | My God, Dad, are you crying? | 天呐 老爸 你是在哭吗 |
[16:15] | No! | 没有 |
[16:17] | Yes, you are. Yes, you are, I just saw you wipe your eye. | 有 你哭了 你哭了 我看见你擦眼泪了 |
[16:20] | No, I didn’t. Quit looking at me. | 不 我没有 别盯着我了 |
[16:22] | Dad! Oh my God, I made my father cry! | 老爸 天哪 我把我爸弄哭了 |
[16:28] | Now don’t you start. | 你别也跟着哭呀 |
[16:31] | I’m only crying because you’re crying. | 我哭只是因为你哭了 |
[16:32] | I’m not crying. I don’t know what this is. | 我没哭 我也不知道怎么回事 |
[16:35] | I didn’t even cry when I got shot! | 我中枪的时候都没哭 |
[16:38] | I didn’t cry when you got shot either. | 你中枪的时候我也没哭 |
[16:42] | I’m getting rid of that damn painting right now. | 我现在就把那该死的画拿走 |
[16:45] | I just wish I knew why you told me you loved it so much? | 我只想知道你为什么告诉我你非常喜欢那幅画 |
[16:48] | I was lying. | 我说谎了 |
[16:49] | You can lie to them, but you can’t lie to me! | 你跟别人说谎可以 但不能对我说谎啊 |
[16:53] | Dad. Dad, please. Please stop crying. I want to keep it now. | 老爸 老爸 拜托别哭了 我想留着它了 |
[16:56] | No, it’s no good. | 不 这幅画又不好 |
[16:58] | No, no, it is good. It’s very good. I love it. | 不 它很好 它很好很好 我爱死它了 |
[17:01] | Well, I found the… …the… Er… | 我找到了 呃 |
[17:06] | Dad, are you crying? | 老爸 你哭了吗 |
[17:11] | Frasier, what happ… | Frasier 发生什 |
[17:13] | Oh my God, you’re crying too. | 天呐 你也哭了 |
[17:15] | why is everybody crying? | 为什么大家都哭了 |
[17:19] | You know how I get when other people cry. | 你们明知道我看到别人哭会是什么反应 |
[17:20] | Tell me what happened. | 告诉我发生了什么 |
[17:22] | I made our father cry. | 我把老爸弄哭了 |
[17:25] | I’m not crying. | 我没哭 |
[17:27] | Well, I am. I’m the most ungrateful son there is! | 好吧 我哭了 我是最忘恩负义的儿子 |
[17:30] | I can never do anything for my sons! | 我想为儿子们做点什么 可什么也做不好 |
[17:34] | No one wants to come to my party! | 没人愿意来我的派对 |
[17:47] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[17:49] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[17:50] | Don’t you think we ought a talk about what happened this afternoon? | 你不觉得我们应该聊聊下午发生的事情吗 |
[17:53] | Nothing happened this afternoon. | 今天下午什么都没发生 |
[17:55] | Look, Dad. I know you’re disappointed about the painting. | 老爸 我知道你对买错那幅画感到很失望 |
[18:00] | That’s not a problem. | 没什么 |
[18:01] | Well, you said yourself that it wasn’t as easy for you | 你说过我长大以后 |
[18:03] | to give me things as it was when I was a kid. | 你越来越不知道怎么给我挑礼物 |
[18:06] | Yeah, well I wasn’t very good at it then either. | 是啊 你小时候我对这种事也不在行 |
[18:08] | Your mother always picked all your stuff out. | 都是你妈妈在置办所有的东西 |
[18:10] | Still, you did put a roof over my head. Sent me to school… | 但是你让我有房子住 可以上学 |
[18:16] | All right. All right. | 行了 行了 |
[18:17] | You want to talk about this? We’ll talk about it. | 如果你真想聊这个 那我们就聊聊 |
[18:24] | Do people ever come up to you after they’ve met me and say, | 有没有人见过我后跟你说 |
[18:27] | “How can that guy be your father? He’s nothing like you.” | 那人怎么可能是你的父亲 和你一点都不像 |
[18:30] | Well… | 这个 |
[18:32] | ‘Cause they’ve been saying that to me about you for the last 40 years! | 因为在过去40年里人们都是这么跟我说你的 |
[18:38] | I just thought that… I don’t know… | 我只是想 我不知道 |
[18:42] | I’d finally given you something. Something you liked. | 我终于可以送你点东西 你喜欢的东西 |
[18:46] | Something we both liked. | 我们都喜欢的东西 |
[18:48] | That we had something in common or something. | 好像证明了我们有共同爱好了 |
[18:53] | That’s no big deal. I’m tired. I’m going to bed. | 没什么大不了 我累了 要去睡觉了 |
[18:55] | Dad, Dad, just hang on a second, will you? | 老爸 老爸 再等一下可以吗 |
[19:00] | Do you remember a time when I was six or seven years old? | 你还记不记得在我六岁或七岁的时候 |
[19:04] | You were getting ready for work, you were getting dressed. | 你换制服准备去上班 |
[19:09] | I was playing with your badge | 我在玩你的警徽 |
[19:14] | and you sat me down and you said that it was not a toy. | 你命令我坐下告诉我那不是玩具 |
[19:19] | That it was a symbol of something very important. | 它有很重要的意义 |
[19:22] | Of integrity and honesty and helping people. | 正直 诚实 乐于助人 |
[19:29] | Well, from then on, every time I’d see you put on that badge | 从那以后 每当我看见你佩戴着那枚警徽时 |
[19:33] | I would think of that. | 我都会想到这些 |
[19:40] | I just said that so you’d stop playing with the damn thing. | 我那么说只是让你别再摆弄那死东西 |
[19:42] | You were getting it all sticky. | 你把它弄得黏乎乎的 |
[19:45] | Be that as it may, | 尽管如此 |
[19:50] | I’ve tried to live up to your example and help other people. | 我一直在以你为榜样帮助他人 |
[19:56] | I’ve tried as a psychiatrist to conduct | 正如你是一名尽职尽责的好警察 |
[20:00] | myself with the same integrity that you showed as a police officer. | 我一直在努力做一名同样诚实正直的心理医生 |
[20:05] | And when I find myself in a quandary as to the proper course of action, | 每当我遇到问题不知道该如何做出正确的决定时 |
[20:11] | I think of you wearing that badge and then I know what I have to do. | 想想戴警徽的你 我就知道该怎么做了 |
[20:18] | You gave me that! | 这些都是你给我的 |
[20:22] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[20:24] | Yeah, Dad. Thanks. | 是的 老爸 谢谢你 |
[20:29] | You know? I think I may have something else to give you. | 对了 我想到有什么东西可以送给你了 |
[20:34] | Something that I know you’ll really like. | 我知道你一定会喜欢的 |
[20:40] | I’ll be back in a minute. | 等我一下 |
[21:01] | I’ve been holding onto this for quite a while now, | 这东西在我手上很长时间了 |
[21:03] | waiting for the right time. | 我一直在等一个合适的机会 |
[21:10] | My goodness, Dad. I’m speechless. | 我的天啊 老爸 我不知道该说什么了 |
[21:16] | Your ba… …bow tie! | 你的警 领结啊 |
[21:26] | They gave it to your Grandfather when he retired from the force. | 你爷爷从警局退休的时候得到了它 |
[21:30] | When I graduated from the Academy he gave it to me, | 当我从警校毕业时他给了我 |
[21:32] | and now I’m giving it to you, and someday you’ll give it to Frederick. | 现在我把它给你 今后你再交给Frederick |
[21:38] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么了 |
[21:40] | You’re not going to start crying, are you? | 你不会要开始哭了吧 |
[21:41] | No, no, no! It’s just a surprise, that’s all. | 不 不 不 只是出乎我的意料 |
[21:50] | Hey, wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[21:51] | You didn’t think I was going to give you my badge, did you? | 你该不会以为我要给你警徽吧 |
[21:56] | Well… I… Er… | 那个 我 |
[21:57] | My badge? That’s a laugh. | 我的警徽 开玩笑吧 |
[21:59] | You’d have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands! | 等我死了你再打主意挖坟掘墓吧 |
[22:05] | It’s a date! | 这么说定了 |