时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | It sure– | 当然这 |
[00:11] | – Hello, Frasier. – Niles. | – 嘿 Frasier – Niles |
[00:12] | – Maureen. – Hi, Niles. | – Maureen – 嘿 Niles |
[00:17] | A, uh, nonfat cap, please. | 来杯脱脂咖啡 |
[00:19] | – I’ll pay for his too. – Well, thank you. | – 我连他的一起付好了 – 谢谢 |
[00:22] | My day started off with good news, | 今天真是喜事连连啊 |
[00:23] | and it’s already getting better. | 一早就收到好消息 现在又有人请客 |
[00:25] | To what do I owe this largesse? | 今天怎么如此慷慨 |
[00:26] | Well, I’m having a pretty great day too. | 今天也是我的好日子 |
[00:28] | See, a few months ago, I took my first tennis lesson– | 几个月前我了第一节网球课 |
[00:31] | And you’ve finally mastered the backhand. | 现在你已经是反手球高手了 |
[00:34] | No, I haven’t played since. | 没 我只去过那一回 |
[00:36] | But the guy who was teaching me– | 是我的教练 |
[00:38] | Has won your girlish heart. | 赢得了你的少女芳心 |
[00:40] | No, he was a loser. | 没 他太差劲了 |
[00:41] | But that day, he hit me this little dink shot, | 那天他给我发了一记网前小球 |
[00:44] | and I ran for it, and I stubbed my toe. | 我跑去接的时候 戳到了脚趾头 |
[00:46] | I got this big black toenail that lasted for, like, three months, | 然后我大脚趾甲就黑了三个月 |
[00:50] | and today it finally fell off. | 今天它终于掉了 |
[00:54] | I can wear sandals again. | 我又可以穿凉鞋了 |
[00:58] | – Thanks, Frasier. – Goodbye, Maureen. | – 谢谢你 Frasier – 再见 Maureen |
[01:00] | – And good luck. – Thanks. | – 祝你好运 – 谢谢 |
[01:03] | – Frasier, may I borrow your spoon? – Certainly. | – Frasier 能借下你的勺子吗 – 当然了 |
[01:08] | I have an announcement. | 我要宣布一件事 |
[01:10] | You know, frankly, so do I. | 其实 我也有事要说 |
[01:12] | Dad’s girlfriend just told me some very big news. | 老爸的女朋友刚告诉我了一个重磅消息 |
[01:15] | Well, unless she’s expecting our baby brother, | 除非她怀了咱俩的弟弟 |
[01:17] | my news takes precedence. | 否则我先说 |
[01:20] | – She’s not, is she? – No, no. | – 她没有吧 – 没 没有 |
[01:23] | Guess who just won this year’s Mariott Fassbinder Award | 你猜今年的万豪法斯宾德 |
[01:26] | for Distinguished Contribution to the Literature of Psychiatry. | 心理文学杰出贡献奖花落谁家 |
[01:29] | Judging from the canary feathers protruding from your mouth, | 你都这么问了的话 |
[01:31] | – I’d say you. – Yes. | – 是你吧 – 正是 |
[01:33] | What article did you win for? | 是因为哪篇文章得奖的啊 |
[01:35] | A gripping case history of a narcissistic opera singer. | 一个自恋歌剧歌手扣人心弦的病历记录 |
[01:38] | I called it, “Me Me Me Me Me.” | 我把它叫做 “我我我我我” (咪咪咪咪咪) |
[01:40] | – It’s very clever. I like that. – Yes. | – 太妙了 我喜欢 – 是啊 |
[01:45] | Thrilled as I am, I must admit | 虽然我很兴奋 但我必须得承认 |
[01:46] | I’m a tad nervous about the awards banquet. | 颁奖晚宴让我有点紧张 |
[01:48] | – Why? – Dad. | – 为什么 – 老爸啊 |
[01:51] | I want him there, of course, | 虽然我非常想让他出席 |
[01:52] | but I’m just dreading a rerun of Aunt Vi’s wedding. | 但是我怕薇姑妈婚礼上的悲剧重演 |
[01:55] | Yes, the hour he spent regaling the table with “Little Niles” Stories. | 是啊 他全程不歇气地给大家讲小小Niles的故事 |
[01:59] | Exactly, imagine the entire room for the trained psychiatry hearing | 可不 想想全场的心理学者们听到 |
[02:04] | the story of Sheldon, my imaginary popinjay? | 我想象的朋友绿鹦鹉Sheldon的故事 |
[02:07] | Oh, yes, Sheldon. | 对啊 Sheldon |
[02:09] | That troubled little fellow who kept wetting your bed. | 那个小烦人精一直在你床上尿床 |
[02:14] | Well, you know, if you’re thinking of excluding Dad from the event, | 但是 如果不带老爸的话 |
[02:17] | your timing couldn’t be worse. | 这时机太糟糕了 |
[02:19] | It’s his birthday this weekend. | 这周末是他生日 |
[02:20] | Oh, right. | 哦 对啊 |
[02:22] | On top of that, Maureen just told me | 而且 Maureen刚告诉我 |
[02:24] | that she’s decided to break it off with him. | 她要跟老爸分手 |
[02:26] | – No. – Yes. | – 不是吧 – 是的 |
[02:28] | Oh, dear. What…? | 天呐 为什么 |
[02:31] | Is it the age difference? | 是因为年龄差距吗 |
[02:32] | No, no, she was quite emphatic on that point. | 不 不是 她特别强调了不是这个 |
[02:35] | She just thinks they have nothing in common. | 她只是觉得他俩没有共同点 |
[02:36] | Oh, poor Dad. I know how much he enjoyed going out with her. | 可怜的老爸 他是真的特别喜欢她 |
[02:39] | Yes, just the other day he was saying | 是啊 前几天他还说 |
[02:41] | that between her police badge and his handicap sticker, | 有了她的警徽和他的残疾人贴纸 |
[02:43] | they could park anywhere. | 他们想把车停哪就能停哪儿 |
[02:51] | Evening, Dr. Crane. | 晚上好 Crane医生 |
[02:52] | Daphne, thank God you’re home first. Listen, I have to warn you. | Daphne 还好是你先回来的 我得提个醒 |
[02:55] | – About what? – Dad and Maureen are on a date. | – 啥呀 – 老爸跟Maureen约会呢 |
[02:58] | It’s not going well. | 但是出了点问题 |
[02:58] | She’s telling him that she wants to break it off. | 她打算跟他说分手 |
[03:01] | Oh, this vision you’re getting, | 哦 你这个幻觉 |
[03:03] | is it a tingly feeling and a picture in your head, | 是有刺痛的感觉啊还是脑子里出现了图像 |
[03:06] | or more like a husky voice murmuring in your ear? | 还是有人在你耳边沙哑低语啊 |
[03:09] | It’s not a vision. | 这不是幻觉 |
[03:11] | Maureen told me about this this afternoon. | Maureen下午跟我说的 |
[03:13] | Just worried about Dad. | 我有点担心老爸 |
[03:14] | We have to do everything we can to help him through this. | 我们得竭尽全力 帮他度过难关 |
[03:17] | I wouldn’t worry about your father. | 我不担心你爸 |
[03:18] | People are more resilient than you think. | 人们比你想象的坚强 |
[03:21] | You know, when Joe dumped me a few weeks ago, | 几周前Joe把我甩了的时候 |
[03:23] | I thought I’d lost the love of me life. | 我以为我失去了一生的挚爱 |
[03:25] | I figured I’d spend the rest of my years | 以为我的余生都会 |
[03:28] | dwelling on what might have been. | 花在对未来的想象中了 |
[03:29] | The home we’d have made, the children running through it, | 想象我们共同的家 我们的孩子们会是什么样 |
[03:33] | growing old together. | 想象我们一起变老 |
[03:35] | Did I mention Joe’s getting married? | 我跟你说过Joe要结婚了吗 |
[03:38] | – Oh, I’m sorry. – No, I’m all right. | – 哦 真抱歉 – 没事 我没事 |
[03:46] | Oh, Daphne. Daphne. | 哦 Daphne Daphne |
[03:51] | That’ll be fine. | 没事 |
[03:56] | I should’ve known that you’d hate Indian food. | 我早该想到你不喜欢印度菜的 |
[03:58] | No, it was great. I just– You know, | 没有 挺好吃的 我只是 呃 |
[04:00] | it just takes a little getting used to. | 需要点时间适应一下 |
[04:02] | Yeah, it does. You should try it again sometime. | 是啊 哪天咱们再去吃一次吧 |
[04:04] | I think I just did. | 我可能刚刚已经又吃了一次了 |
[04:08] | So are you gonna come in for some coffee? | 要进屋喝杯咖啡吗 |
[04:12] | No, you’re not feeling too well. | 不了 你不是有点不舒服吗 |
[04:15] | I think I’ll just call it a night. | 今晚就到这吧 |
[04:17] | I thought you said in the car there was something you wanted to talk about. | 你刚才在车里不是说有事要说吗 |
[04:20] | It can wait. | 不急 |
[04:21] | – Good night. – Good night. | – 晚安 – 晚安 |
[04:27] | – Hi, Dad. – Hi. | – 嘿 爸 – 嘿 |
[04:28] | How was your date? | 约会怎么样 |
[04:29] | Awful. I never felt this bad in my life. | 糟透了 从没这么糟糕过 |
[04:32] | – Oh, Dad. – Yeah. | – 哦 爸 – 真的 |
[04:34] | I feel like my guts have been ripped out. | 我的心肝肾脾肺都挪窝了 |
[04:38] | Dad, let me assure you this has nothing to do with your age. | 爸 我敢保证这跟你的岁数绝对没关系 |
[04:41] | The hell it doesn’t. This never would’ve happened 20 years ago. | 肯定有 20年前绝对不会有这种事 |
[04:48] | Well, you know, Dad, I may be talking out of turn here, | 爸 可能这话不该我说 |
[04:49] | but Maureen told me about this. | 但是Maureen告诉我了 |
[04:52] | – What? – Yes. | – 什么 – 是的 |
[04:54] | Yes, she came to me for advice. | 是的 她来问我的意见 |
[04:56] | That’s how determined she was not to hurt you. You see… | 怎样才能不伤害你的感情 你懂我的意思 |
[04:59] | …she wanted to make it perfectly clear | 她想让你知道 |
[05:01] | that her breaking up with you had nothing to do with your age, | 她跟你分手跟年龄真的没关系 |
[05:03] | but, rather, your compatibility. | 只是 你们俩不合适 |
[05:05] | You see, it’s not your fault | 你看 你们喜欢不同的 |
[05:06] | that you don’t like the same food, music or movies– | 食物 音乐 电影 这不是你的错 |
[05:09] | And she didn’t bring this up, did she? | 她其实没跟你说这事 是吗 |
[05:12] | – No. – Dad, I’m sorry. | – 没有 – 爸 我错了 |
[05:14] | – She doesn’t want to see me again? – I know. I feel so terrible. | – 她要跟我分手 – 我知道 我也不好受 |
[05:19] | Listen, Dad, you know, I know exactly how you’re feeling right now. | 听我说 爸 我很了解你现在的感受 |
[05:22] | But, believe me, the pain will pass. | 但相信我 会过去的 |
[05:24] | It may take some time. | 只是得花点时间 |
[05:25] | This is great. | 太好了 |
[05:28] | Or not. | 是太糟了吧 |
[05:30] | Wait till I tell Sherry. | 等等 我得去告诉Sherry |
[05:32] | – Sherry? – Wow. | – Sherry – 哈 |
[05:34] | This stuff works pretty good. We got any pretzels? | 这东西太好喝了 咱还有椒盐饼干吗 |
[05:38] | Dad? | 爸 |
[05:39] | Just who is Sherry? | 谁是Sherry |
[05:41] | She’s this great lady I met down at McGinty’s. | 我在McGinty’s遇到的一个超棒的女人 |
[05:43] | You know, I’ve been trying for weeks | 都几个星期了 我一直想鼓起勇气 |
[05:45] | to get up the nerve to end it with Maureen. | 跟Maureen提分手 |
[05:48] | Good Lord. I’ve been worried all afternoon about | 老天爷啊 我一下午都在担心 |
[05:51] | Maureen breaking your heart, | Maureen伤了你的心 |
[05:52] | and all along, you’ve been two-timing– | 结果倒是你一直在暗度 |
[05:55] | Maureen Maureen. | |
[05:59] | Oh. | 啊 |
[06:00] | Well, hi, Maureen. Come in. | 嘿 Maureen 进来呀 |
[06:04] | – Did you forget something? – Yes, I did. | – 忘了什么东西吗 – 是忘了点东西 |
[06:09] | Oh, don’t mind me. I was just going out. | 别管我 我马上要出去了 |
[06:12] | To the powder room. | 去更衣室 |
[06:15] | Bye-bye. | 拜拜 |
[06:18] | There’s something that I’ve been meaning to say to you, | 我一直想跟你说件事 |
[06:20] | and I keep putting it off. | 但是我不停的推迟 |
[06:22] | And that’s not fair to you. | 这对你来说太不公平了 |
[06:24] | What is it? | 是什么事 |
[06:29] | I don’t think it’s working out. | 我想我们走不下去了 |
[06:32] | You don’t? | 走不下去了 |
[06:35] | Wow. | 哇 |
[06:37] | I didn’t see that coming. | 我没想到会是这样 |
[06:41] | Marty, it’s not the age difference. | Marty 不是年龄的问题 |
[06:44] | It’s just… All we ever talk about is the police force, | 只是 咱俩聊的一直都是警局的事 |
[06:47] | – and I enjoy that, but I just think– – No, Maureen. | – 其实挺好的 我只是觉得 – 别说了 Maureen |
[06:49] | Now, come on. You don’t need to explain. | 没事的 你不用解释 |
[06:53] | You know, I guess I always knew | 其实我一直都知道 |
[06:57] | that I could never hold on to a prize like you forever. | 我不可能一直拥有这么出色的你 |
[07:04] | But at least I did it for a while. | 但至少我曾经拥有过 |
[07:08] | So are–? Are you okay? | 所以 你还好吗 |
[07:11] | I will be. | 我会好的 |
[07:13] | It just takes a little time, you know, but… | 只是需要一些时间 但是 |
[07:17] | You take care of yourself. | 你好好照顾自己 |
[07:19] | Yeah, you too. Okay. | 我会的 你也是 好吗 |
[07:31] | – You old fraud. – What? | – 你个老骗子 – 咋了 |
[07:33] | You made her believe that she’d broken your heart. | 你让她以为她伤了你的心 |
[07:35] | Well, of course I did. | 我当然得这么干了 |
[07:37] | When a woman breaks up with you, | 女人跟你分手的时候 |
[07:38] | you have to act sad. It’s only polite. | 你就得表现得很难过 这是礼貌 |
[07:40] | Polite? | 礼貌 |
[07:41] | My God, Dad, guilt is a very destructive emotion. | 我天 老爸 负罪感很伤人的 |
[07:44] | Spare me the Ivy League bull. | 你快别胡扯了 |
[07:46] | There ain’t a dame alive who wouldn’t rather break a guy’s heart | 女人们都宁愿是自己伤了男人的心 |
[07:49] | than think she hadn’t even made a dent in it. | 而不是觉得自己对男人来说无关紧要 |
[07:51] | I may not have been to Harvard, | 我虽然没上过哈佛 |
[07:52] | but I have been to the college of love. | 但是我上过爱情大学 |
[07:56] | Apparently on a Spillane Fellowship. | 显然还拿着斯皮兰的奖学金哪 |
[08:02] | – Hello, Dr. Crane. – Hey, Daphne. | – 嗨 Crane医生 – 嘿 Daphne |
[08:04] | – Hello, Niles. – Where’s the birthday boy? | – 嘿 Niles – 寿星在哪呢 |
[08:07] | He’s getting all dolled up for his lady friend. | 正为了迎接他的女朋友梳妆打扮呢 |
[08:09] | You should see how excited he is. | 你真该看看他都激动成什么样了 |
[08:11] | Not half as excited as he’s | 等他看到这些录像带 |
[08:12] | going to be when he sees these new video types. | 那才叫真激动呢 |
[08:14] | Twelve cassettes of the history of World War II. | 十二盘二战历史的录像带 |
[08:16] | For those who thought the original was fun but too short. | 给那些觉得原版很好就是太短了的人 |
[08:20] | This year I thought, “What the hell, give him something he wants | 今年我想 “搞什么 要送他他想要的 |
[08:23] | instead of what I think he needs.” | 而不是我觉得他需要的” |
[08:25] | – Very commendable sentiment. – What did you get him? | – 这想法真好 – 你送什么呢 |
[08:27] | An Armani tux. | 阿玛尼的燕尾服 |
[08:30] | Well, my banquet’s coming up. | 我的颁奖晚宴快到了 |
[08:32] | – Hey, Niles. – Hey, Dad. | – 嘿 Niles – 嘿 爸 |
[08:35] | – Don’t you look dapper? – Well, thanks. | – 打扮的挺帅呀 – 谢啦 |
[08:38] | Yeah, I heard the door. I thought maybe it was Sherry. | 我听到敲门声了 我以为是Sherry |
[08:41] | I thought we were joining her and your chums down at the restaurant. | 我以为我们在餐厅跟她会和呢 |
[08:44] | Yeah, I changed my mind. | 是的 但我改主意了 |
[08:45] | You know, I just thought | 我只是有点 |
[08:45] | that– I’m just so anxious for you to meet her. | 呃 你们见面我有点紧张 |
[08:48] | I know you’re gonna love her. No no. Forget I said that. | 我知道你们会喜欢她的 别 别 忘了这句 |
[08:51] | I mean, you will, but I just don’t wanna jinx it. | 虽然这是肯定的 但我不想变反话了 |
[08:54] | Oh, there it is. Frasier, answer the door, would you, please? | 她来了 Frasier 去开门好吗 |
[08:57] | No,no wait, I’ll get it. | 别 别 等一下 我去吧 |
[09:01] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[09:08] | Come on in and meet the family. | 快进来见见我的家人 |
[09:10] | Hi. Sherry Dempsey. | 嗨 我是Sherry Dempsey |
[09:14] | Now, Marty didn’t tell me the two of you were so handsome. | Marty没跟我说你们俩这么帅啊 |
[09:19] | Hello. Daphne Moon. | 你好 我是Daphne Moon |
[09:21] | Oh, the physical therapist. | 哦 健康顾问 |
[09:23] | – Right. – Don’t worry about me, honey. | – 是我 – 别管我 亲爱的 |
[09:26] | I’m not the jealous type. | 我不是吃醋的人 |
[09:27] | Anybody that keeps my Marty limber is aces in my book. | 让我的Marty灵活矫健的都是我的贵人 |
[09:32] | – Hey, sit down, Sherry. Come on. – Okay. | – 嘿 快坐下吧 Sherry 来 – 好的 |
[09:35] | You know, Fras, Sherry’s a big fan of your show. | Fras Sherry可是你的忠实听众 |
[09:37] | Oh, yes, a big fan. | 对 忠实听众 |
[09:39] | Well, as a matter of fact, when my friend Donna’s marriage | 其实 当时是我的朋友Donna |
[09:41] | was on the rocks, you were the one that she called for advice. | 婚姻触礁 她就打电话请你指点来着 |
[09:44] | Really? And did my advice prove helpful? | 是吗 那我的意见奏效了吗 |
[09:47] | That’s not important. | 这个不重要 |
[09:49] | – You cared. That’s what matters. – Can we offer you a drink? | – 你关心她 这就够了 – 要来点喝的吗 |
[09:52] | Well, actually, since it’s | 其实吧 因为今天日子特殊 |
[09:54] | a special occasion, I brought some bubbly. | 我特意带了一瓶香槟 |
[09:57] | – Let’s crack it open. – Well. | – 快打开吧 – 嗯 |
[10:01] | Yes, why not? | 不错 可不是嘛 |
[10:03] | Oh, look, Frasier, Cold Duck. | 看呀 Frasier 科达克甜葡萄酒 |
[10:08] | – You ever had it? – Just once. | – 你喝过吗 – 只喝过一次 |
[10:11] | – I’ll do the honors. – Thank you. | – 我来开吧 – 谢谢 |
[10:13] | Oh, I love this apartment. | 我真喜欢这间公寓 |
[10:16] | – Wow, that’s some view you’ve got. – Thank you. | – 哇 这风景真是太美了 – 谢谢 |
[10:19] | Which room’s mine? | 我的房间是哪间 |
[10:22] | Gotcha. | 上当了吧 |
[10:25] | She’s always doing stuff like that. | 她常常这样的 |
[10:28] | Oh, I love making people laugh. | 我喜欢逗大家笑 |
[10:30] | To me, humor is like medicine. | 对我而言 幽默是一剂良药 |
[10:33] | Guess we’re in the placebo group. | 可能咱俩是安慰剂对照组的吧 |
[10:33] | 安慰剂,没有药效,外形与真药相像,但可能产生心理作用。 当评价新药的疗效时会安排一组患者服用新药一组服用安慰剂,对比结果来判断药效 | |
[10:40] | So, um… | 那个 |
[10:42] | Dad tells me that you, you two kids met at McGinty’s. | 听爸说 你俩是在McGinty’s遇见的 |
[10:46] | That’s right. I tend bar there. | 对呀 我在那当吧台服务员 |
[10:47] | Saw your dad there one night looking kind of lonesome, | 有一天我看见你爸坐在那儿 看起来很孤单 |
[10:50] | – and I said to myself– – Bottoms up. | – 我就对自己说 – 干杯(撅屁股) |
[10:55] | Well, something like that. | 差不多就这个意思 |
[10:56] | – Here we go. – Thank you. | – 这杯给你 – 谢谢 |
[10:59] | – Well, happy birthday. – Thank you. | – 生日快乐 – 谢谢 |
[11:01] | – Yes. – Through the lips and over the gums– | – 不错 – 在唇齿间多停留一会 |
[11:03] | Look out taste buds, here it comes. | 味蕾们 小心呀 酒来了 |
[11:05] | I never heard that version. | 我没看过这个版本的广告 |
[11:07] | – Mmm. – Ooh. | – 嗯 – 哦 |
[11:10] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[11:12] | Ooh. Lovely. | 味道不错 |
[11:16] | Woo! | 哇 |
[11:18] | Oh! | 哦 |
[11:22] | I’d better be careful. Two glasses of that, | 我还是谨慎点吧 喝两杯这个 |
[11:24] | I’d be dancing on the table. | 我就跑桌上跳舞去了 |
[11:26] | Yeah, you know, Sherry used to be on stage. | 对了 Sherry曾经是舞蹈演员 |
[11:29] | On Broadway? | 在百老汇吗 |
[11:30] | Las Vegas. Ever been there? | 在拉斯维加斯 去过那里吗 |
[11:32] | Just once. | 只去过一次 |
[11:35] | What a town, huh? Great food, terrific theater. | 多好的地方啊 好吃的食物 超棒的剧院 |
[11:38] | Just too darn easy to get married. | 就是太容易昏了头去结婚了 |
[11:41] | – You’re separated, right? – Yes. | – 你分居了是吗 – 是 |
[11:44] | I’ve been there. | 我也是过来人 |
[11:46] | – Listen, you want my advice? – Well– | – 要听听我的建议吗 – 呃 |
[11:47] | Don’t mope. Get right back in the saddle. | 别伤心 从头再来呗 |
[11:50] | My mama always used to say to me, | 我妈常跟我说 |
[11:52] | “Honey, the only way to | “宝贝 忘掉一个人唯一的办法 |
[11:53] | get over someone is to get under someone.” | 就是跟别人睡” |
[12:00] | – It’s cute, isn’t it? – Yeah. | – 是不是很可爱 – 是啊 |
[12:02] | Well, Mama had lots of sayings like that. | 我妈还有好多类似的名言呢 |
[12:04] | I didn’t know Mae West had children. | 我都不知道Mae West还有孩子呢 |
[12:09] | Well, hey, we’d better be going. | 嘿 我们得走啦 |
[12:11] | So if you want to freshen up or anything, you’d better do it now. | 如果你想补补妆什么的 现在去吧 |
[12:14] | – It’s right down there. – I’ll show you the way. | – 就在那边 – 我带你去 |
[12:16] | I know what you’re doing here. You just want the reviews. | 我知道你要干嘛 你想听听他们的意见 |
[12:19] | Talk me up. | 帮我说点好话 |
[12:20] | No, that’s not it at all. You think you’re so smart. | 哪有 才不是呢 你以为你很机灵呀 |
[12:23] | Well, what do you think? | 你们觉得怎么样 |
[12:26] | – Wow. – Niles? | – 哇 – Niles |
[12:28] | Oh, I’ll see that “Wow” And raise you a “Zowie.” | 我听见Fraiser的”哇”了 我追加”哇塞” |
[12:34] | I’m so glad you like her. Now, you really do, right? | 你俩喜欢她真让我开心 你们是真喜欢 是吧 |
[12:36] | Yes, Dad. | 是的 老爸 |
[12:37] | – Absolutely. – That’s great. | – 很喜欢 – 太好了 |
[12:39] | That’s great. We’re gonna have to spend more time here. | 太好了 那以后我们会多在这边碰面的 |
[12:42] | You know, she’s got that fourth-floor walk-up, | 她家在四层 没有电梯 |
[12:44] | and it’s murder on my hip. | 上楼梯太要命了 |
[12:45] | Not that I wouldn’t climb the Space Needle | 虽然为了听她弹班卓琴 |
[12:47] | to hear her play that banjo of hers. | 让我去爬太空塔我也愿意 |
[13:00] | Clam up, boys, she’s back. | 快别说了 小伙子们 她回来了哦 |
[13:04] | You know, I keep meaning to ask | 我一直想问你 |
[13:05] | what’s that lovely perfume you’re wearing? | 你用的什么香水这么好闻 |
[13:07] | Yes, I’ve been wondering that myself. | 是啊 我也想问呢 |
[13:09] | It’s called Milady’s Boudoir. | 是”贵妇人的闺房” |
[13:11] | You wouldn’t believe what a bargain it is. | 你可不知道有多划算 |
[13:12] | For a hundred bucks, I could buy enough to drown myself in. | 买100块钱的 都能把我淹死了 |
[13:16] | – I’ve got 60. – Yeah. | – 我身上带了60块 – 唉 |
[13:24] | Again, I’m sorry for not making it over for dinner last night, | 真抱歉昨晚聚餐时我没到 |
[13:28] | but I had this tickle in my throat. | 我嗓子特难受 |
[13:29] | Spare me your lame excuses. | 快别用你这些无力的理由搪塞我了 |
[13:31] | We both know why you weren’t there. | 咱俩心知肚明 |
[13:32] | How was Sherry? | Sherry怎么样 |
[13:34] | Colorful as ever. | 跟平时一样五彩缤纷 |
[13:36] | Last night she treated | 昨晚她让我们 |
[13:38] | us to selections from her unpublished volume | 品鉴她从未发表过的 |
[13:40] | of limericks for lovers. | 写给情人们的打油诗 |
[13:43] | The last several about a | 最后几首是关于 |
[13:45] | well-traveled man fortuitously named Horatio. | 一个叫Horatio的旅行家的 |
[13:52] | – Oh, dear God. Don’t turn around. – Who is it? | – 天呐 别回头 – 谁来了 |
[13:55] | It’s Dad, and he’s brought Sophie Tucker. | 老爸 带着Sophie Tucker |
[13:57] | Oh, no. | 不是吧 |
[13:59] | – But this is our place. – Don’t look. | – 但这是我们的地盘 – 别看 |
[14:02] | Hi. How are you doing? | 嗨 你们好 |
[14:05] | – Look who’s here. – Hi, boys! | – 快看谁在这呢 – 嗨 小伙子们 |
[14:07] | Oh, wow, what a cute place this is. | 哇 真是个可爱的地方啊 |
[14:11] | I walk by here all the time and never stopped in. | 我路过好多次 从来没进来过 |
[14:13] | Yeah, well, the boys love it here. | 是啊 他们很喜欢来这 |
[14:15] | We should start coming here. Now make room at that table. | 我们以后也来这儿消磨时间吧 腾点地方 |
[14:17] | We’ll be right back. We’re gonna get a cuppa. | 我们马上回来 去点杯喝的 |
[14:20] | Quick, Niles, pull up the ladder. | 快点 Niles 把梯子拉上来 |
[14:22] | – She found our clubhouse. – Oh. | – 她发现了我们的树屋俱乐部 – 哦 |
[14:27] | This can not go on. | 事情不能再这样下去了 |
[14:29] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[14:30] | Dad has to be politely told that | 一定得委婉的告诉爸 |
[14:32] | even though he may enjoy her company, | 虽然他喜欢跟她在一起 |
[14:34] | he has no right to– What’s a polite word for “Inflict”? | 但也不能让我们 怎么委婉地表达”遭罪”这个词 |
[14:37] | I don’t know, but I’m sure you’ll find one. | 不知道 但是我知道你会想到的 |
[14:39] | Me? You mean I have to do this alone? | 我 你是说这事得我来说 |
[14:41] | I thought the two of us would sit down and talk to him– | 我以为我们俩会一起坐下来跟他说 |
[14:44] | No, no, no, no. I’m afraid you’re the one | 不 不 不 不 恐怕得是你 |
[14:46] | who’s going to be making that little speech. | 来做这个小小的演讲了 |
[14:48] | Niles, both of us have a problem– | Niles 我们都面临这个问题啊 |
[14:49] | Ah, ah, ah, ah. She’s not invading my apartment. | 啊 啊 啊 啊 她没有入侵我的住处啊 |
[14:52] | I can afford to be patient. | 我还可以忍受 |
[14:54] | You are a little weasel, aren’t you? | 你就是个狡猾的狐狸 |
[14:55] | A little weasel whose daddy loves him. | 是老爸喜欢的狡猾狐狸 |
[14:57] | Niles, before I forget. About your banquet? | Niles 对了 关于你的颁奖宴会 |
[15:01] | Are we talking fancy-schmancy? | 是要穿的华丽精致一些吗 |
[15:03] | That’s not exactly the way | 虽然邀请帖上没有 |
[15:05] | it was worded on the invitation, but yes. | 明确的这么写 但是 是的 |
[15:10] | – Why? – Well, Daphne’s got a cold, | – 为什么这么问 – Daphne感冒了 |
[15:12] | so Sherry’s gonna use her ticket. | 所以Sherry代替她去 |
[15:14] | What fun. | 这么好啊 |
[15:19] | That’s coming up soon, isn’t it? | 就这几天了是不是 |
[15:21] | Maybe you should start working on that little speech. | 大概你要准备准备你小小的演讲了呢 |
[15:23] | Ooh. So fancy dress, huh? Good. | 哦 礼服什么的 完全没问题 |
[15:25] | I have got a backless leopard-skin number | 我有一件露背的豹纹礼服 |
[15:27] | that is gonna knock your eyes out. | 绝对让你瞠目结舌 |
[15:31] | Gotcha. | 上当了吧 |
[15:35] | Ow! | 哇 |
[15:37] | I’m sorry. I’m smashing you. | 不好意思 我都要把你挤死了 |
[15:39] | No, that’s all right. We were just leaving. | 没有 没有的事 我们马上就走了 |
[15:41] | – Ah, you gotta go? – Yes. | – 啊 你们要走了吗 – 是啊 |
[15:43] | Well, now, Niles, don’t worry about your banquet. | Niles 别担心你的颁奖宴会 |
[15:45] | I’ll wear a nice dress and put on my best dancing shoes. | 我会穿一件美美的礼服和最好的舞鞋 |
[15:48] | Well, there won’t be dancing. | 其实不用跳舞的 |
[15:50] | You just leave that to Sherry. | 你就交给Sherry好了 |
[15:58] | Well, your little banquet should prove quite amusing. | 你的宴会肯定会十分美好啊 |
[16:03] | I hope Dr. Gottfreund doesn’t aggravate his hernia | 真希望Gottfreund博士跳林波舞的时候 |
[16:05] | when he goes underneath the limbo pole. | 别加重他的疝气 |
[16:08] | I have to talk to Dad. | 我得跟老爸谈谈 |
[16:09] | I can’t let her ruin the most important evening of my life. | 我不能让她毁了我最重要的一晚 |
[16:12] | What do I say to him? | 我该怎么跟他说 |
[16:13] | Frasier, you’ve gotta help me. | Frasier你得帮帮我 |
[16:16] | Well, prepared though you were to abandon me, | 虽然你刚刚弃我于不顾 |
[16:19] | and let me handle all the dirty work alone, I will | 让我自己去干这件棘手的事 |
[16:22] | swallow my resentment, confront him with you tonight, | 我还是决定忘记这事 和你一起面对他 |
[16:24] | and take my share of the heat. | 尽我的一份力 |
[16:25] | Thank you. | 太谢谢你了 |
[16:27] | Gotcha. | 上当了吧 |
[16:33] | So, Niles, what are you in the mood for? | Niles 你想看哪个 |
[16:35] | Normandy or the Battle of the Bulge? | <诺曼底>还是<坦克大决战> |
[16:40] | Whatever. | 随便吧 |
[16:42] | What–? You’ve been fidgeting | 啥 你一晚上都在走来走去 |
[16:43] | around all night. Something on your mind? | 有什么事吗 |
[16:45] | Uh, yes, actually. | 嗯 是的 其实 |
[16:48] | – It’s about my awards banquet. – Yeah? | – 是关于我的颁奖晚宴 – 怎么了 |
[16:51] | Uh. | 嗯 |
[16:52] | Dad, this is very difficult to say. | 爸 这太难开口了 |
[16:54] | Uh… | 嗯 |
[16:56] | I would really rather… | 我十分希望 |
[16:59] | …you didn’t… | 你能别 |
[17:02] | …wear those pants. | 穿那些裤子 |
[17:05] | Well, I’m not. I’m wearing that Amanti tux you gave me. | 哼 我不会 我会穿你送我的阿玛尼燕尾服 |
[17:07] | What’s your problem? | 你怎么了啊 |
[17:09] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I guess I– | 抱歉 抱歉 我猜我是 |
[17:11] | I don’t know, I’m just nervous about tomorrow night. | 不知道 只是有点紧张 |
[17:14] | God knows why. | 谁知道为啥呢 |
[17:21] | – Evening, Dad. – Evening. | – 晚上好 爸 – 晚上好 |
[17:26] | Something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[17:27] | You know, that brother of yours can be downright insulting. | 你这个弟弟真会当面讽刺人 |
[17:30] | He’s so afraid someone’s gonna embarrass him at his fancy dinner. | 他怕有人毁了他的重要晚宴 |
[17:34] | Um, you know, Niles, uh, | 嗯 Niles 啊 |
[17:38] | told me about what he was going to say to you tonight and, um, | 跟我说他打算今晚告诉你的 |
[17:41] | well, I must say in his defense | 我必须要替他说句话 |
[17:44] | that it is an important evening for him and, well, let’s face it, | 明晚对他真的很重要 那 咱们就直说了吧 |
[17:47] | Sherry can be a bit much. | Sherry可能有点过了 |
[17:50] | – She can, huh? – Well… | – 有可能哈 – 嗯 |
[17:52] | I mean, I don’t mean it as a criticism, | 这不是不好 |
[17:53] | mind you. Some people like that. | 有些人就喜欢这种 |
[17:56] | Well, now that Niles has broached the subject, | 但既然Niles提起来了 |
[17:58] | I must say that I too, find Sherry a bit brassy… | 我必须说我也是 觉得Sherry有点大嗓门 |
[18:03] | …and flamboyant… | 还有点太五颜六色了 |
[18:04] | He didn’t say a word to you, did he? | 他其实什么都没说对不对 |
[18:11] | I don’t believe this. You got a problem with Sherry? | 我不敢相信 你们对Sherry有意见 |
[18:13] | That delightful woman? | 那个可爱的女人 |
[18:17] | Oh, knock it off. | 哦 你快拉倒吧 |
[18:19] | I see you’re still waiting on that spine donor. | 我看你还在等人给你捐脊梁呢吧 |
[18:26] | Look, Dad, there, there is no reason to belabor this point– | 爸 也没必要反复说了 |
[18:28] | No, no. You got something to say, let’s hear it. | 别 别的 你有话要说 说吧 |
[18:31] | You don’t like her? | 你们不喜欢她 |
[18:32] | Please understand, Dad, | 请理解我们 爸 |
[18:33] | as happy as we are that you’ve found someone– | 我们很高兴你遇到喜欢的人 |
[18:35] | – But you don’t like her. – No, no we’re not saying that. | – 但是你们不喜欢她 – 不 我们不是这个意思 |
[18:37] | She, She’s just not the sort of person that that we would | 她 她只是不是那种我们平时 |
[18:40] | normally choose to spend time with. | 会选择相处的人 |
[18:42] | In other words, you don’t like her. | 换句话说 你们不喜欢她 |
[18:45] | Come on, we’re all grown-ups here. Tell me the truth. | 快点 咱都是成年人 有话直说 |
[18:51] | All right, Dad, we don’t like her. | 好吧 爸 我们不喜欢她 |
[18:53] | Fine. If that’s the way you feel about it, don’t worry. | 很好 你们要是这么想的 没事 |
[18:56] | I won’t bring her back here anymore. | 我再不会带她过来了 |
[18:58] | I guess it’s too much to expect my own family | 让我喜欢的人在我家里感到 |
[19:00] | to make a person I care about feel welcome. | 宾至如归真是我太勉强你们了 |
[19:04] | Wait a minute! | 等一下 |
[19:07] | When did you ever make any of the women | 那你又什么时候让我俩的 |
[19:09] | we were involved with feel welcome? | 女人们感到宾至如归了 |
[19:12] | Ooh, Frasier, you’re right. He almost got away with that. | 哦 Frasier 你说的对 他差点唬住我们了 |
[19:15] | When did Lilith ever step foot in your house | 每次Lilith来咱家你不都是 |
[19:17] | that you didn’t make her feel as wanted as a fungus? | 躲她跟躲真菌一样的吗 |
[19:20] | Not to mention my Maris. | 更不用提我的Maris了 |
[19:21] | What, you’re comparing a | 什么 你们竟然把Sherry这么好的人 |
[19:22] | warm lady like Sherry to Frosty the Snow Wife? | 跟你们的冰雪老婆比 |
[19:25] | There! That, that, that is exactly what I’m talking about. | 你看吧 看 看 我说的就是这个 |
[19:29] | Oh, you know, why don’t we just face facts? | 我们怎么就不能面对现实呢 |
[19:30] | I mean, since when has any one of us ever, | 我们从来没有喜欢过其他人的伴侣 |
[19:32] | from Sherry, to Lilith, to Maris, to Diane, | 不管是Sherry Lilith Maris还是Diane |
[19:35] | has ever been able to pick one woman the other two could stand out? | 我们的女人总是其他两个人大皱其眉 |
[19:38] | I picked your mother. | 我选了你们的妈妈 |
[19:42] | I’m sorry, Niles. I’ve been hogging the floor. | 抱歉 Niles 我一直霸着没让你说话 |
[19:46] | Um… | 嗯 |
[19:48] | Ah, forget it. | 算了 |
[19:50] | You’re right. | 你们说的对 |
[19:51] | Why should I expect you to make the effort when I’m no better? | 我自己都没做好 怎么能指望你们做好 |
[19:55] | Hell, you probably got it from me. | 见鬼 你们这毛病肯定是从我这儿继承的 |
[19:58] | You sure didn’t get it from your mother, | 显然你们这一点不像你妈妈 |
[19:59] | because she was great that way. | 因为她是最好最宽容的人了 |
[20:02] | Anytime she ever met anybody, | 不管她遇见什么人 |
[20:03] | she would always find something to like about them. | 她总是能找到他们身上的闪光点 |
[20:08] | One of the things I loved her for. | 这也是我最爱她的地方 |
[20:10] | That’s one of the things I love Sherry for. | 也是我爱Sherry的原因 |
[20:12] | She’s a lot like your mother that way. | 她这点上真的很像你们的妈妈 |
[20:14] | She’ll always find something. | 她总能发现好的一面 |
[20:17] | Even with you two. | 即使是面对你俩 |
[20:22] | Well, I… | 我 |
[20:24] | …suppose we could | 我想我们大概 |
[20:26] | all afford to be a bit more | 可以在面对他人的伴侣的时候 |
[20:26] | open-minded when it comes to each other’s mates. | 能够更加宽容一些 |
[20:29] | Well, at the very least, | 起码 |
[20:31] | if we can’t say anything nice, we shouldn’t say anything at all. | 如果说不出优点 可以什么都不说啊 |
[20:35] | We’ll be having some quiet Thanksgivings, | 我们要过一个安静的感恩节了 |
[20:38] | but fine with me. | 不过我倒是没问题 |
[20:42] | – Hi, Sherry. – Hi. | – 嘿 Sherry – 嘿 |
[20:43] | – Don’t you look nice? Come on in. – Well, thank you, Frasier. | – 你看起来真美 快进来 – 谢谢 Frasier |
[20:46] | Oh, Marty, I brought you one more little gift. | Marty 我给你带了一个小礼物 |
[20:51] | – Another one? – Well, I wanted to give it to you | – 又有礼物 – 我本想你生日的时候 |
[20:53] | on your birthday, but it took a while to find the right size. | 送你的 但是为了找合适的尺码 花了些时间 |
[20:56] | Really? I’m usually a pretty easy fit. | 真的吗 我的尺码很好找的啊 |
[20:58] | – Who said it’s for you to wear? – Oh-ho! | – 谁说是给你穿的啊 – 不是吧 |
[21:02] | I like it already. | 我很喜欢 |
[21:04] | Oh, I should stop. | 我不能再说了 |
[21:06] | – I’m embarrassing your boys. – No, you’re not. | – 你的儿子们要不好意思了 – 没 哪有 |
[21:09] | Is she? | 她让你们不好意思了吗 |
[21:10] | No. | 没 |
[21:12] | – Party on. – All right. | – 派对开始啦 – 好的 |
[21:16] | Well, I think we should go and unwrap this. | 我们去把包装拆开看看吧 |
[21:20] | Oh, Dad, Lilith mentioned that she was gonna be joining Frederick | 爸 Lilith说她下次可能跟Frederick |
[21:23] | on his next visit. You don’t mind if she stays here, do you? | 一起过来 住咱这可以吗 |
[21:26] | Oh, Lilith? No. Great. I love Lilith. | Lilith 可以啊 太好了 我最爱她了 |
[21:29] | That’s terrific. No, she’s welcome here anytime. | 真是太好了 她要来随时欢迎 |
[21:32] | Honey, you’re hurting my hand. | 亲爱的 我手快断了 |
[21:38] | Oh, listen, I should mention, I’m kind of a sleepwalker. | 我要说一下 我有时候会梦游 |
[21:42] | So if you get up in the night, and find me in here naked, | 如果你起夜的时候看见我光着身子站在这儿 |
[21:45] | just give me a good hard shake. I’ll come to in a jiff. | 使劲捏我一下 我马上就醒了 |
[21:49] | Ha! Ha-ha! | 哈 哈哈 |
[21:51] | Got me. Good one. | 我差点信了 不错不错 |
[22:00] | That was great. | 这招太棒了 |
[22:01] | – You really got them good. – I know. | – 你真是太厉害了 – 我知道 |