时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | I’m glad you came back with us. I hope you had a good time. | 真高兴你和我们一起回来了 希望你今晚过得愉快 |
[00:12] | Well, I can’t tell you how much fun this has been. | 今晚之high已经超越了我贫乏的词汇 |
[00:15] | Listen, now that you know the way, don’t be a stranger, okay? | 既然认了家门了 以后常来呀 |
[00:18] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[00:20] | Who the hell was that? | 那到底谁啊 |
[00:23] | – He’s not from the station? – I never saw him before. | – 他不是电台的人吗 – 我之前从没见过他 |
[00:25] | He was table-hopping like crazy during the awards. | 在颁奖礼上他跟疯了似地在各桌之间串来串去 |
[00:28] | That’s because he was our waiter. | 那是因为他是服务员 |
[00:33] | Well, that’s the last time I say, “Everybody back to my place.” | 我以后再也不说 “大家都回我那儿吧” |
[00:37] | Oh, who cares about that guy? This is a great night. | 谁在乎那个家伙 这一晚棒极了 |
[00:40] | For you, maybe. The rest of us lost. | 也就是你能这么想吧 我们其他人可都输了 |
[00:43] | Hey, it’s not important whether you win or lose. | 嘿 输赢不是最重要的 |
[00:46] | It’s an honor just being nomi– | 能被提名就是种荣 |
[00:49] | I couldn’t get through that crap on stage. | 这假大空的话 我在台上都一说就笑场 |
[00:51] | I can’t get through it now. | 现在更没法控制不笑 |
[00:53] | – Frasier, do you mind if I use your phone? – No, not at all. | – Frasier 我能用下你的电话吗 – 当然 |
[00:56] | Who are you calling? It’s practically midnight. | 你要打给谁 这半夜三更的 |
[00:58] | Oh, I promised my grandmother | 哦 我答应我奶奶 |
[00:59] | I’d leave her a message telling her how we did. | 要给她留条信息告诉她结果的 |
[01:02] | Hey, Gammy, it’s Roz. Guess what? | 嘿 奶奶 我是Roz 您猜怎么着 |
[01:04] | I won again. We’re all here celebrating. | 我又赢啦 我们都在这儿庆祝哪 |
[01:07] | Yay. | 耶 |
[01:09] | Listen, I gotta go. | 嗯 我得挂了 |
[01:11] | It’s getting crazy here, but I’ll talk to you tomorrow. Bye-bye. | 大家都玩疯了 我明天再和您聊 拜拜 |
[01:14] | You lied to Gammy? | 你对你奶奶说谎 |
[01:18] | Well, she’s old, and it makes her happy. | 她都那么大岁数了 说点小谎让老人开心下怎么了 |
[01:21] | She smiled for a week when I won the Miss Seattle pageant. | 我赢得西雅图小姐选美比赛时她高兴了整整一周 |
[01:27] | You know, Roz raises a very interesting philosophical question. | Roz提出了一个相当有趣的哲学问题 |
[01:30] | Ah, here we go. Buckle up. | 唉 又来了 大家小心 |
[01:34] | Is it always morally wrong to lie? | 从道德上来讲 撒谎是不是总是错的呢 |
[01:37] | Now, we are taught that it is. | 从小到大 别人都是这么教育我们的 |
[01:39] | But are there certain occasions where a lie would be acceptable? | 但有些情况下 说谎是否是可以被接受的 |
[01:43] | Yeah, like the lies you tell a chick in bed. | 有啊 比如你在床上对小妞儿们说的谎 |
[01:46] | “You’re the best I’ve ever been with.” | “你是我上过的最棒的” |
[01:48] | “Your thighs don’t look that fat.” | “你的腿不胖” |
[01:52] | “Don’t worry, I’ve had a vasectomy.” | “别担心 我做过输精管切除术了” |
[01:56] | Hey, screw you guys! | 嘿 去你们的 |
[01:58] | I’m an artist. We live by different rules. | 我可是个艺术家 我们的生活准则不同 |
[02:02] | An argument can certainly be made that a lie is good | 如果一个谎言可以免除某人不必要的痛苦 |
[02:05] | when it spares someone unnecessary pain. | 那么这个论点就是成立的 |
[02:07] | I’m reminded of Maris’ brief | 有段时间Maris对运动服装 |
[02:08] | flirtation with active wear when I assured her, | 着迷了 我常常安慰她说 |
[02:11] | “You look fine, darling, | “你看上去很好 亲爱的 |
[02:12] | spandex is supposed to blouse.” | 莱卡面料的衣服就应该是这样松松垮垮的” |
[02:21] | You know, Lilith actually told me the other day that | 知道吗 Lilith那天跟我说 |
[02:23] | Frederick has taken to lying. | Frederick已经开始说谎了 |
[02:25] | Yes, he told all of his friends that Lilith is an alien. | 他告诉他所有的小朋友说Lilith是个外星人 |
[02:31] | It seems as good an explanation as any. | 这个解释不过分啊 |
[02:34] | He also told them that she wears her hair in a bun | 他还告诉他们她把头发盘成一个发髻 |
[02:37] | to hide the third eye in the back of her head. | 是为了藏起来脑袋后面的第三只眼睛 |
[02:39] | – How did Lilith find out? – Well, | – Lilith是怎么发现的 – 是这样 |
[02:42] | apparently, she was driving him and two of his little friends over | 她当时开车送他和他的两个小伙伴 |
[02:44] | to a Junior Mensa meeting. | 去参加一个儿童门萨聚会 |
[02:46] | She looked in the rear-view mirror | 她从后视镜里看见 |
[02:48] | and saw that they were making faces at the other cars. | 他们向别的车做鬼脸 |
[02:51] | So never have the words “I can see you” | 就说了句”我看得见你们” |
[02:53] | caused so much screaming and wetting of pants. | 吓得小鬼们惊声尖叫 裤子都吓尿了 |
[02:59] | I did my share of fibbing too. | 我以前也撒过点儿小谎 |
[03:02] | I once told my school chums I was born with a tiny embryonic twin | 我告诉我的同学们 我本有一个双胞胎 被我吸收了 |
[03:06] | attached to my hip. | 但她还活在我屁股上 |
[03:09] | Of course, they were horrified, | 当然了 他们都吓坏了 |
[03:10] | and it didn’t help my social life at all. | 而且这对我的社交生活一点儿帮助也没有 |
[03:14] | Oh, but for a while there it was nice having a sister. | 但是有那么一时半刻 有个妹妹感觉也不错 |
[03:25] | Oh, remember in prep school when we were so desperate | 哦 还记得在预科学校的时候我们不顾一切地 |
[03:28] | to avoid the President’s Physical Fitness Test– | 逃避校长的体能测试 |
[03:31] | That we lit a match underneath the fire alarm, | 最后竟然在火灾警报器下面点了根蜡烛 |
[03:33] | and all the sprinklers went off. | 然后所有的喷头开始喷水 |
[03:34] | Oh, and we blamed that delinquent kid, | 哦 然后我们都怪在那个流氓小子头上 |
[03:36] | – John Rajeski. – Yes. | – John Rajeski – 没错 |
[03:39] | – You did what? – What’s wrong? | – 你们干了什么 – 怎么了 |
[03:41] | You two swore up and down | 你俩信誓旦旦地对我说 |
[03:42] | to me that you never set off that alarm. | 警报器不是你们触发的 |
[03:44] | Well, of course, we weren’t gonna tell you. | 我们当然不能告诉你了 |
[03:47] | For heaven’s sake, Dad, you can’t be mad. | 看在上帝的份上 老爸 你不会生气了吧 |
[03:49] | We were kids. | 我们当时还是孩子 |
[03:51] | You know, the headmaster said it was you two. | 要知道 当时校长说是你俩干的 |
[03:53] | I went down there and raised hell with him. | 我跑去学校和他大闹一番 |
[03:54] | I said, “My kids don’t lie.” | 我说”我的孩子不会撒谎” |
[03:56] | Because of you, that Rajeski kid got expelled. | 就因为你俩 Rajeski那孩子被开除了 |
[03:59] | Expelled? | 开除了 |
[04:02] | Jeez, if we’d known that was gonna happen, | 天哪 要是我们知道会发生这种事 |
[04:03] | – we would’ve told the truth. – Not me. | – 我们会说出事实的 – 我不会 |
[04:07] | He was a brute and a meanie. | 他是残忍和刻薄的完美结合体 |
[04:12] | You’re right. | 说得没错 |
[04:13] | He used to make the most merciless fun of me | 他以前常常无情地嘲笑我 |
[04:16] | because I always wore my gym shorts in the shower. | 因为我淋浴的时候总穿着短裤 |
[04:21] | He used to call me shorts-in-the-shower boy. | 他总叫我淋浴短裤男孩 |
[04:27] | Well, you don’t have to be witty to be cruel. | 即使是傻瓜 残忍起来也够你受的 |
[04:30] | I don’t give a damn what that kid did. | 我才不管那孩子做了什么 |
[04:32] | Getting him expelled was worse. | 害他被开除要糟得多 |
[04:34] | I’m going to bed. Good night, everybody. | 我要上床睡觉了 晚安 各位 |
[04:36] | – Good night. – Good night, Dad. | – 晚安 – 晚安 老爸 |
[04:39] | Well, I guess that brings an end to our little debate. | 这大概算是为我们的小辩论下了结论了吧 |
[04:43] | Apparently, there are no good lies. | 很显然 没有什么谎言是好的 |
[04:45] | Hey, hey, it’s getting kind of heavy in here. | 嘿 嘿 这里气氛略显沉重了 |
[04:47] | We gotta liven this place up, huh? | 我们得让这地方活跃起来 是吧 |
[04:50] | Hey, I know. Party games, huh? | 我想到了 派对游戏 怎样 |
[04:52] | All right, doc, I’m gonna need | 好了 医生 我需要 |
[04:55] | a blindfold, some whipped cream and a glass coffee table. | 一条蒙眼布 一些生奶油以及一张玻璃咖啡桌 |
[05:00] | What? Nobody here went to camp? | 咋了 这里没人去露营过吗 |
[05:04] | Forget it, Bulldog. These guys are no fun. | 算了吧 Bulldog 这帮家伙毫无乐趣可言 |
[05:09] | You know what? I know a great after-hours place | 对了 我认识一个很棒的续摊儿地方 |
[05:12] | where we can go get a few drinks. | 我们可以去那里喝几杯 |
[05:14] | Now you’re talking. | 这才像话 |
[05:16] | Hey, if things go well, | 嘿 要是事情顺利的话 |
[05:17] | I know an after-after-hours place. | 我知道一个续摊儿之后再续的地方 |
[05:19] | – I got the keys. – You get the elevator, I’ll get my coat. | – 我有钥匙哦 – 你去按电梯 我拿外套 |
[05:24] | You’re on. | 一言为定 |
[05:31] | No good lies, my ass. | 没有好的谎言 去他妈的鬼 |
[05:39] | – Good morning, Frasier. – Oh, good morning, Niles. | – 早上好 Fransier – 哦 早啊 Niles |
[05:44] | Oh, dear God, it’s finally happened. | 哦 老天爷 该来的还是来了 |
[05:46] | This is the thanks I get | 这就是把我的私人 |
[05:48] | for introducing you to my personal shopper. | 购物助理介绍给你的报答吗 |
[05:50] | I gave Rinaldo specific instructions to write down | 我还特别指示Rinaldo去记下 |
[05:52] | every article of clothing I’ve purchased | 我买下的每一件衣服 |
[05:54] | so we could avoid this sort of calamity. | 好让我们避免这类灾难 |
[05:55] | I didn’t use Rinaldo. | 我没让Rinaldo帮忙 |
[05:57] | This suit just caught my eye while I was shopping for shoes. | 这套西装是我在买鞋的时候恰巧看上的 |
[06:02] | Oh! | 哦 |
[06:05] | Well, why didn’t you also take my strong chin | 你怎么不干脆把我那菱角分明的下巴 |
[06:07] | and swimmer’s build? | 和游泳选手的健美体格一起夺走 |
[06:08] | Oh, please. | 少往脸上贴金了 |
[06:11] | – Obviously, we have to sit apart today. – Oh, sit down! | – 不用说 我们今天得要分开坐 – 哦 坐下吧你 |
[06:15] | There’s something I need to talk to you about. | 有件事我得和你谈谈 |
[06:18] | Most people aren’t as attuned to these things as you and I are. | 再说 多数人不像你我对这种事情这般敏感 |
[06:20] | I’m sure they won’t even notice. | 他们可能根本就不会注意到 |
[06:22] | Here you are, double espresso. | 这是您的 双份浓缩咖啡 |
[06:24] | I took a chance and brought you the same thing. | 我擅自做主给您上了一样的咖啡 |
[06:31] | Well, anyway, | 不管怎样 |
[06:33] | after our conversation last night, I couldn’t stop thinking | 昨晚我们的谈话让我一直在想 |
[06:35] | about our getting John Rajeski expelled. | 我们害得John Rajeski被开除那件事 |
[06:38] | – I didn’t sleep a wink. – You can’t be serious. | – 一晚没合眼 – 你不是说真的吧 |
[06:42] | You mean, it didn’t bother you? Where is your conscience? | 这事儿就没困扰你吗 你良心何在啊 |
[06:44] | Perhaps it fell into the quad along with my hall monitor beret | 大概在John把我挂旗杆上时 随着我那走廊秩序员 |
[06:48] | when John hung me from the flagpole. | 贝雷帽一起掉落在校园里了 |
[06:53] | He was going to be expelled sooner or later. | 反正他早晚也是会被开除的 |
[06:55] | You cannot guilt me into feeling bad. | 你别想让我有负罪感 |
[06:57] | Yes, well, no one hated him more than I did, | 好吧 其实 没人比我更恨他了 |
[07:00] | but I still think we owe him an apology. | 但我觉得我们还是欠他一个抱歉 |
[07:02] | – May I borrow your phone, Niles? – Certainly. There you are. | – 我能借用一下你的电话吗 Niles – 没问题 给你 |
[07:06] | You’re not going to call him. | 你不是要打给他吧 |
[07:08] | – I am. – Are you insane? | – 是的 – 疯了吧你 |
[07:10] | Hello, a number for a John Rajeski, please. | 您好 我想查一个叫John Rajeski的人的电话 |
[07:12] | Niles, my conscience won’t rest | Niles 除非我俩道歉了 |
[07:14] | until the two of us have said we’re sorry. | 否则我会一直良心不安 |
[07:16] | Oh, yes, connect me, please. | 哦 是的 请帮我接通 |
[07:18] | Leave me out of this. I’m not sorry. | 别把我扯进去 我不觉得抱歉 |
[07:21] | But don’t tell him that. | 但这事儿别告诉他 |
[07:24] | And if he asks, I’m living in Italy. | 要是他问起的话 我目前定居在意大利 |
[07:28] | No, no, France. | 不 不 法国 |
[07:30] | No, Italy. | 不 意大利 |
[07:33] | Yes, hello. | 您好 |
[07:35] | Is John Rajeski there, please? It’s an old friend of his. | 请问John Rajeski在吗 我是一个他的老友 |
[07:40] | Oh. | 哦 |
[07:41] | I’m terribly sorry to hear that. Thank you. | 很遗憾听到这个消息 谢谢您 |
[07:46] | Niles, it’s worse than we thought. | Niles 比我们想象得还要糟糕 |
[07:48] | He’s in prison. | 他进监狱了 |
[07:51] | Well, who’s wearing shorts in the shower now? | 哎呀呀 看看谁现在得在洗澡的时候穿短裤了 |
[08:04] | Yes, well, joke all you like. | 好啊 随你怎么笑吧 |
[08:05] | I still can’t help thinking this is all our fault. | 我还是认为这都是我们的错 |
[08:08] | – How? – Well, he was always on the cusp. | – 此话怎讲 – 他一直都在体制边缘徘徊 |
[08:11] | Maybe he couldn’t get in another prep school. | 也许他之后被其他预科学校拒绝了 |
[08:12] | Maybe he had to go to public. | 只能进公立学校 |
[08:15] | Fell in with the wrong crowd, | 和乌合之众混到一起 |
[08:16] | couldn’t hold down a job, he turned to a life of crime. | 无法找到一份工作 就开始了他的犯罪生涯 |
[08:18] | Frasier, sometimes bad things happen to bad people. | Frasier 有时坏事就是会发生在恶人身上的 |
[08:21] | We did not set him on the path to prison. | 我们没有把他放在通往监狱的大道上 |
[08:24] | Yes, until I’m sure that fact, my conscience will not rest. | 我们得找出真相 否则我会一直良心不安的 |
[08:26] | I have got to speak with him. | 我必须得和他谈谈 |
[08:27] | May I have the check, please? | 请给我账单 好吗 |
[08:29] | You’re not going down to the jail. | 你不是要去监狱吧 |
[08:30] | Yes, I am. I invite you to join me. | 我是要去 而且邀你同去 |
[08:34] | Oh, yes, that’s a good idea, Frasier. | 是啊 多好的主意啊 Frasier |
[08:36] | The Crane boys going to a prison in matching outfits. | Crane家的孩子们穿一样的服装监狱一游 |
[08:53] | – Frasier Crane – John – Frasier Crane? – John. | |
[08:55] | Hey, how’s it going? | 嘿 过得怎样 |
[08:57] | Well, fine. And you? | 还不错 你呢 |
[08:59] | Eh. | 你自己看 |
[09:03] | – What brings you down here? – Well, | – 什么风把你给吹来了 – 那个 |
[09:04] | I don’t know if you get the alumni magazine, but | 我不知道你是否收到了校友杂志 但 |
[09:09] | – No. – I became a psychiatrist, | – 没 – 我成为了一名心理医生 |
[09:11] | and I’m currently conducting a study on men behind bars | 目前我正在对囚犯及他们的入狱原因 |
[09:16] | and how they got there. | 进行一项研究 |
[09:18] | That’s an awfully nasty bruise on your knuckles. | 你指关节上的那快瘀伤相当严重啊 |
[09:22] | Oh, it’s… Caught some guy using my comb. | 哦 这是 我逮到某人用了我的梳子 |
[09:26] | I really hate it when people touch my stuff. | 最讨厌别人碰我的东西 |
[09:29] | Oh, yes, I remember my brother | 对啊 我记得有一次我弟弟 |
[09:30] | Niles once sat in your chair in the cafeteria. | Niles在学校餐厅里坐在了你的位置上 |
[09:33] | and as I recall, you put him | 据我回忆 你把他放在了 |
[09:34] | on a tray and ran him through the dishwasher. | 托盘上 把他送进洗碗机了 |
[09:37] | Hah… yeah, class clown, that was me. | 哈 对呀 班中活宝 正是在下 |
[09:42] | Yeah, how is Niles anyway? | Niles过得怎么样 |
[09:43] | He’s– He’s abroad now. | 他 他出国了 |
[09:46] | Really? | 真的 |
[09:50] | – Whoa, that must have hurt. – No, no, I mean… | – 哇 他一定伤得不轻 – 不 不是 |
[09:53] | Well, yes, I suppose it did. | 那个 我想是吧 |
[09:57] | Well, anyway, it would be an enormous help in my study if you could | 你能不能确切地说出在你人生中导致你 |
[10:00] | perhaps pinpoint the moment or event in your life | 人至于此的时刻或事件 |
[10:05] | that led you to here. | 对我的研究将有莫大的帮助 |
[10:08] | Oh, that’s easy. | 这很简单 |
[10:09] | I’m doing time for passing a bad check. | 我蹲监狱是因为用假支票 |
[10:12] | Yeah, you see, I wanted to get my wife something nice. | 其实 我想给妻子购置点儿好东西 |
[10:15] | Been going through a rough time recently. | 日子最近过得不顺啊 |
[10:18] | I was scared that she was gonna leave me, you know? | 我很怕她会离开我 明白么 |
[10:20] | That was quick and painless. | 真是一针见血 |
[10:21] | We identified the point where you fell off the beam. | 一下就确定了你这根梁子是从哪儿歪的了 |
[10:23] | Actually, though, I was already on probation. | 不过事实上 我之前已经是在缓刑期了 |
[10:26] | Yes, I did some time about ten years back | 10年前我因为开一辆别人的车 |
[10:28] | for driving a car that didn’t belong to me. | 坐了一段时间的牢 |
[10:30] | And that was your first infraction. | 那是你的首次违法行为 |
[10:33] | – Oh, yeah. – Well, then, | – 是的 – 好吧 |
[10:34] | case closed, mystery solved. | 案子结了 谜团破解 |
[10:36] | Young man yields to the lure of a bright and shiny car. | 屈服于亮闪闪小轿车诱惑的年轻人 |
[10:39] | Is there anything more tragic? | 还有什么比这更可悲吗 |
[10:41] | I did have a juvenile record. | 我还有过一次少年犯罪记录 |
[10:42] | Apparently, there is. | 还真有 |
[10:45] | Got thrown out of high school for fighting. | 因为打架被逐出高中校园 |
[10:48] | You did say high school, not prep school? | 你刚才说的是高中 而不是预科学校 |
[10:51] | Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. This was way after you knew me. | 是啊 是啊 这事发生在你认识我很久之后了 |
[10:54] | I went bad then. | 我那时变坏了 |
[10:57] | Always getting into fights. | 总是打架 |
[10:59] | Of course, I wouldn’t have been there in the first place | 当然了 如果不是被赶出咱俩当初上的好学校 |
[11:02] | if I hadn’t got thrown | 我压根儿 |
[11:03] | out of that good school you and me were in. | 就不会去那边 |
[11:07] | That had a big effect on me, you know? | 那对我影响很大 知道么 |
[11:09] | Yes, well, perhaps we could continue our backward journey– | 那个 也许我们可以继续我们的回顾之旅 |
[11:11] | No, no, no, that was a bum rap. | 不 不 那根本就是桩冤案 |
[11:14] | Somebody pulled the fire alarm. | 有人拉了火灾警报器 |
[11:16] | And they blamed me for it. They said I did it. But I didn’t do it. | 却把屎盆子扣我头上 说是我干的 但根本不是我 |
[11:19] | – Let’s discuss your early childhood. – You know, | – 咱们还是聊聊你的童年生活吧 – 你知道吗 |
[11:21] | the more I think about it, | 越想我越觉得 |
[11:23] | this all started the day I got thrown out of prep school. | 一切悲催始于我被赶出预科学校的那天 |
[11:26] | Ever since then, my life’s been crap. | 自那刻起我的生活简直就是一坨屎 |
[11:28] | Crap! | 屎啊 |
[11:29] | You know, I think I have all the information I need now. | 那个 我觉得我已经得到了所有需要的信息 |
[11:32] | Sorry, I didn’t mean to blow like that. | 抱歉 我不是有意要这样发火的 |
[11:34] | Well, that’s all right, John. | 没关系的 John |
[11:38] | Thank you for your time. | 感谢你抽出时间见我 |
[11:40] | Got plenty of it, huh? | 咱有的不就是时间嘛 |
[11:43] | – See you. – Yeah. | – 再见 – 好 |
[11:45] | No, no, John, there’s just one more thing. | John 其实还有一件事 |
[11:48] | One second, please. | 请等一下 |
[11:51] | There’s something I need to tell you about. | 有件事我需要告诉你 |
[11:54] | Something I did in school I’m not very proud of. | 一件我在学校做的并不引以为傲的事情 |
[11:56] | Yo, John. Sorry I touched your comb, man. | 嘿 John 很抱歉碰了你的梳子 兄弟 |
[12:02] | Beat it. | 滚开 |
[12:08] | So, what’d you do? | 你干了什么 |
[12:11] | Well, I peeked over your shoulder once during an algebra quiz. | 我在一次代数小测试的时候偷看了你的试卷 |
[12:16] | And I’m the one who gets expelled. | 结果我却是被开除的人 |
[12:29] | Evening, Dr. Crane. | 晚上好 Crane医生 |
[12:30] | – Hello, Daphne, Dad. – Hi. | – 好啊 Daphne 老爸 – 嗨 |
[12:32] | Is something wrong with your back? | 你后背怎么了 |
[12:34] | I injured it this morning | 今早在打壁球的时候 |
[12:36] | playing squash. | 伤到了 |
[12:37] | Oh, I had to make a dive to save match point. | 为了争取到那获胜关键一分不得不做了个俯冲 |
[12:40] | Well, I’ve got just the thing to take care of that. | 我正好有东西来帮你处理一下 |
[12:43] | You take off your jacket. I’ll be right back. | 脱下你的上衣 我去去就回 |
[12:46] | You’re too kind. | 你真好 |
[12:48] | You know, I should never even have attempted a move like that. | 我真不应该尝试那种动作 |
[12:50] | It was sort of a cross | 算是脚尖立地转体 |
[12:51] | between a pirouette and a flying-scissor kick. | 与腾空剪腿的结合吧 |
[12:56] | You hurt yourself adjusting the seat in your Mercedes again, didn’t you? | 你又在调整奔驰座椅的时候把自己伤到了 是吧 |
[12:58] | Quiet. | 别多嘴 |
[13:00] | All right, pull out your | 好了 拉出你的衬衫下摆 |
[13:02] | shirttails and lay face down on the sofa. | 然后脸朝下趴在沙发上 |
[13:04] | I can guarantee you within | 我向你保证不到一分钟 |
[13:06] | a minute you’ll be feeling much better. | 你就会感觉好得多 |
[13:12] | I haven’t even touched you yet. | 我还没碰你呢 |
[13:14] | I started without you. | 等不及我自己先开始了 |
[13:21] | Hey, wait a minute. | 嘿 慢着 |
[13:21] | You’re not gonna use that stuff on him, are you? | 你不是要在他身上用那玩意儿吧 |
[13:24] | She used it on me one time, and it burned like hell. | 她在我身上用过一次 烧得我肝儿颤 |
[13:26] | Oh, hush up, old man. It helped you, didn’t it? | 安静点儿吧 老爷子 确实对你有帮助 不是么 |
[13:28] | It nearly killed me. | 快置我于死地了 |
[13:29] | Oh, listen to the big, tough policeman. | 快听听这强大彪悍的警察说出的话 |
[13:31] | You don’t hear your son complaining, do we, Dr. Crane? | 都没听到您儿子抱怨 是不是 Crane医生 |
[13:34] | Not a bit. | 丝毫没有 |
[13:37] | Frost me like a cake. | 我就是蛋糕 糕点师您尽情发挥吧 |
[13:41] | Well, just wait a minute. | 你就等着吧 |
[13:42] | It goes on cool, but then it turns into a blowtorch. | 一开始还挺凉爽 过会儿就变成喷灯了 |
[13:46] | Well, I guess now we know | 我想现在我们知道了 |
[13:47] | who the real man in the family is, don’t we? | 谁是这家里的纯爷们了 是吧 |
[13:49] | I should say we do. | 我同意 |
[13:52] | – Is it starting to warm up? – Yeah. | – 开始热起来了吗 – 是啊 |
[13:56] | But it’s– It’s a refreshing heat, | 不过是一股令人精神焕发的热度 |
[13:58] | like those towels they give you on the airplane. | 就像是在飞机上发给你的热毛巾 |
[14:00] | Whoo. | 唔 |
[14:03] | I’m not hurting you, am I? | 我没弄疼你吧 |
[14:04] | No, no, I’m just a little ticklish back there. | 没 没 只是后边有些痒痒的 |
[14:06] | Ah! Ah! Ah! | 啊 |
[14:14] | Well, I guess you are the tough one. | 你真是家里的纯爷们儿 |
[14:17] | – There you go. – Oh, no, wait a minute, Daphne. | – 好啦 – 别啊 慢着 Daphne |
[14:19] | – You missed a big spot right there. – No, that’s okay, | – 你漏掉了那边的一大片 – 不 没关系 |
[14:21] | because it’s all done now. And thank you, Daphne. | 都搞定了 万分感谢你 Daphne |
[14:24] | Oh, a few minutes ago, I was bent over in pain, | 仅仅几分钟之前 弯腰时我还要忍受巨大的疼痛 |
[14:27] | but now look at me. I’m running! | 但现在看看我 跑得多欢快 |
[14:40] | – How is that hip of yours, anyway? – Back off, witch woman. | – 你髋骨怎么样了 – 离我远点儿 你个女巫 |
[14:46] | – Evening, Dr. Crane. – Good evening, Daphne. | – 晚上好 Crane医生 – 晚上好 Daphne |
[14:48] | – How’d it go at the jail? – Horribly. | – 监狱之行如何 – 恐怖至极 |
[14:52] | The man is convinced that getting thrown out of prep school | 他觉得被预科学校开除 |
[14:55] | was the beginning of his life of crime. | 就是他犯罪生涯的开端 |
[14:57] | He’s been thinking that all these years? | 这么多年他一直这么想的 |
[15:00] | No. | 也不是 |
[15:02] | I sort of… | 算是我 |
[15:04] | …connected the dots for him. | 帮他把零散线索串起来了 |
[15:08] | – Did you tell him it was you? – No, I intended to, | – 你告诉他是你干的了吗 – 没 我想说来着 |
[15:11] | but I became convinced the man would be willing | 可是我确信他会对 |
[15:13] | to perform unspeakable | 相关责任人 |
[15:14] | atrocities on the responsible party or parties. | 实施骇人暴行 |
[15:17] | Well, you probably made the right call. | 没准儿你做了正确的决定 |
[15:19] | Knowing you, you’d beat yourself up worse than he would anyway. | 我了解你 反正你会比他更狠地虐自己 |
[15:22] | I hope you remembered to tell him I was an expatriate. | 希望你告诉了他我已经出国移民了 |
[15:26] | I told him you were an ex-something. | 我告诉他你出什么了 |
[15:35] | You know, I just feel so guilty. | 我感觉好生内疚 |
[15:37] | Jeez, I’ve done this man a terrible injustice. | 老天 我对这个人做了多么不公正的一件事 |
[15:40] | You know, Dr. Crane, I’ve always believed | Crane医生 你要知道 我一直坚信 |
[15:42] | life has a way of balancing itself out. | 生活自有它的平衡之道 |
[15:45] | Well, yes, you may have treated this man unfairly, | 没错 你可能不公平地对待过这个人 |
[15:47] | but think of all the people you’ve helped on your show. | 但是想想所有你在节目中帮助过的人 |
[15:50] | Well, just yesterday you | 就在昨天你 |
[15:51] | reconciled that couple on the brink of divorce and… | 拯救了那对濒临离婚的夫妇 |
[15:54] | Today you helped Molly | 今天你又帮助了远在 |
[15:55] | from Tacoma overcome her addiction to Swedes. | 塔科马的Molly来克服对瑞典人的瘾 |
[16:04] | That was “Sweets,” Not Swedes. | 那是”甜食” 不是”瑞典人” |
[16:10] | I thought it was strange when you told her | 我说你告诉她限制自己在餐后 |
[16:12] | to limit herself to one or two after meals. | 只用一到两个的时候怎么那么奇怪呢 |
[16:17] | You know, perhaps I just have an overactive conscience. | 也许只是我的良心过度活跃了 |
[16:20] | It’s not enough that I’ve | 我帮助过其他那些人 |
[16:21] | helped other people, I want to help this man. | 是不够的 我想帮助这个男人 |
[16:24] | Oh, and I hope you do, Fraiser, because then finally | 我希望你能如愿 Frasier 因为只有这样 |
[16:26] | you’ll stop torturing the rest of us with all your– | 你才能彻底停止折磨我们这些人 |
[16:29] | – Oh, oh, pain’s back. – Oh, not to worry, she’s got more liniment. | – 哦 疼痛再次来袭 – 别担忧 她的按摩油多着呢 |
[16:32] | Oh, pain’s gone. | 哦 疼痛神奇消失了 |
[16:34] | Oh, come on now. Don’t be brave. | 来吧 别逞能了 |
[16:37] | Let’s go into the loo, and I’ll give you a second coat. | 我们去洗手间吧 我再给你涂一层 |
[16:44] | You know, Dad, Daphne gives me a thought. | 老爸 Daphne让我萌生了一个想法 |
[16:47] | I’m a skilled couple’s therapist. | 我是一名经验丰富的夫妻治疗专家 |
[16:50] | And John did mention that he was having marital problems. | John也提到过他有婚姻方面的问题 |
[16:52] | – Oh, jeez. – No, Dad, this is perfect. It’s perfect. | – 不是吧 – 老爸 这是天赐良机啊 |
[16:55] | I may have ruined the last | 也许我毁掉了这个男人 |
[16:56] | 25 years of this man’s life, but with my gift, | 之前25年的生活 但以我的天赋 |
[16:58] | I could save the next 25. | 足可以拯救接下来的25年 |
[17:01] | Yes, a listing for John Rajeski. | 是的 我需要John Rajeski的电话 |
[17:02] | – Residence, please. – I’m telling you, Frasier, | – 请接他的住宅 – 听我一句劝 Frasier |
[17:04] | don’t get mixed up with this guy. He’s a felon. | 少和这家伙搀和在一起 他是个罪犯 |
[17:06] | Connect me, please. Dad, just relax, I know what I’m doing. | 请帮我接通 老爸 放轻松 我知道自己在干嘛 |
[17:09] | Mrs. Rajeski. | Rajeski夫人 |
[17:11] | Hello. You don’t know me, but I’m– | 您好 您不认识我 但我 |
[17:18] | My. | 天哪 |
[17:19] | Well, that’s remarkable. Yes, I am a friend of your husband’s. | 你记性真好 是的 我是您先生的朋友 |
[17:31] | Mrs. Rajeski. | Rajeski夫人 |
[17:32] | Wow, it’s really you, | 哇 真的是你 |
[17:34] | – Frasier Crane. – Yes. May I? | – Frasier Crane – 是的 我可以进来吗 |
[17:38] | Oh, gosh, I’m sorry. Please, please, come in. | 哎呀 太抱歉了 快请进 |
[17:42] | You know, you’re kind of like a god down at work. | 您简直就像是天神降临凡世 |
[17:46] | – Please, please sit down. – Thank you, thank you. | – 请坐 – 谢谢您 |
[17:49] | Well, let me cut right to the chase. | 那我就开门见山地说了 |
[17:51] | John told me that you two were going through a bit of a… | John告诉我你们二人正经历一些 |
[17:54] | A rough patch, and | 坎坷 |
[17:57] | I was wondering if there’s anything I can do to help. | 我想有没有什么我可以帮忙的 |
[17:59] | Well, I love John. I really do. But there is a problem. | 我爱John 真心爱 不过有个问题 |
[18:05] | It’s just a little difficult talking about it, you know. | 说起来有些难以启齿 |
[18:07] | I mean, it’s a little embarrassing, especially face to face. | 有点儿尴尬 尤其是面对面地说 |
[18:11] | Well, then, I’ll tell you what. | 那这么着吧 |
[18:11] | Just pretend I’m on my radio show. | 就假装我是在节目上 |
[18:15] | And… there. There now, you’re just another caller. | 好了 你只是另一个打进来的听众 |
[18:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:19] | Well, Dr. Crane, it’s a sexual problem. | 那个 Crane医生 是我性生活方面的问题 |
[18:25] | You see, I can only get really turned on when there’s | 只有让整个局面变得具有一些危险性的时候 |
[18:28] | something that makes the whole situation sort of… | 我才能真正地 |
[18:32] | – …dangerous. – Dangerous? | – 兴奋起来 – 危险性 |
[18:34] | – You’re looking at me. – Sorry. | – 你在看我 – 抱歉 |
[18:37] | Like doing it in a car. | 比如在车上做 |
[18:39] | Well, that’s not so dangerous. | 那也不怎么危险 |
[18:41] | You must be some driver. | 您肯定是把开车好手 |
[18:44] | Oh. | 哦 |
[18:45] | And you’ve never had an accident? | 你就从来没发生过意外 |
[18:47] | No, I’m on the pill. | 没 我有吃避孕药 |
[18:53] | So– Well, how long have you had this particular kink? | 那 你有这特殊的怪癖多久了 |
[18:57] | Well, I don’t know really. It… | 具体我也不太清楚 |
[19:00] | It kind of started around the time that I first met John. | 差不多是在我第一次遇见John的时候开始的吧 |
[19:04] | I was working in a convenience store. I caught him shoplifting. | 我当时在一家便利店工作 我抓到他在店里偷东西 |
[19:08] | Next thing I knew, we were rolling around on the Slurpee machine. | 接下来 我们就在思乐冰机上翻云覆雨了 |
[19:12] | I’d already pressed the silent alarm, | 其实我已经按下了无声警铃 |
[19:14] | so I knew that the cops were on their way. | 所以我知道警察们要来了 |
[19:18] | That’s when I realized what really turns me on. | 那时我突然意识到什么能让我真正兴奋起来 |
[19:22] | Knowing I could get caught at any moment. | 那就是知道我随时可能被抓到 |
[19:25] | Oh, dear God! He’s out of jail, isn’t he? | 哦 老天爷啊 他已经出狱了吧 |
[19:28] | – He could walk in at any time. – Come on, he’ll kill us. | – 他随时可能进来 – 快别这样 他会杀了我们的 |
[19:31] | Touch me here and say that. | 让我们摸你摸我 |
[19:34] | Are you crazy? | 你疯了吧你 |
[19:35] | He doesn’t even let people touch his comb! | 他连梳子都不让别人碰 |
[19:38] | I know. What’s that all about? | 我知道 他毛病真多 |
[19:41] | Put your dress back on. Straighten up before he gets home. | 穿上你的衣服 在他到家之前整理好 |
[19:45] | Hey, Suse, come on, open up. | 嘿 Suse 快开门 |
[19:46] | Look, if you’ve only got time for one, I suggest the dress. | 如果你只有时间做一件事 那就穿衣服 |
[19:49] | – Where’s the bedroom? – You’re in it. | – 卧室在哪儿 – 你已身在其中 |
[19:51] | Listen, you’ve got to get him out of here. | 听着 你必须得让他离开这儿 |
[19:53] | Pass up a chance to have sex with him | 知道他随时可能发现你在这儿的情况下和他做爱 |
[19:55] | knowing he could find you here at any minute? | 我会放弃这样好的一个机会吗 |
[19:57] | Oh, God! | 哦 老天爷 |
[20:00] | Welcome home, baby! | 欢迎回家 宝贝儿 |
[20:02] | It’s great to be back! | 能回来真好 |
[20:07] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[20:08] | Well, I’m just getting ready for you. | 我在为你作准备 |
[20:11] | Oh, I missed you. So do you want to? | 哦 我想死你了 你想要吗 |
[20:15] | Sure, I do, but… | 当然了 但是 |
[20:16] | You mean, normally? | 你是指正常的 |
[20:19] | The super’s not gonna barge in? | 管理员会不会突然闯进来 |
[20:21] | You didn’t dial 911 or anything like that? | 你没打911什么之类的吧 |
[20:24] | I’ve got everything I need right here in this room. | 所有我需要的都已在这房间里了 |
[20:28] | All right! | 好的 |
[20:31] | – I’m just gonna pull down the shades. – Wait, wait! | – 我拉下窗帘先 – 等等 |
[20:36] | What the hell is this? | 这他妈的是什么 |
[20:39] | How much did you spend on these? | 你买这花了多少钱 |
[20:42] | Oh, Johnny, can’t we talk about that later? | 哎呀 Johnny 我们不能晚点儿再说这个嘛 |
[20:47] | Hey, why don’t you turn off the light. | 嘿 你去把灯关上吧 |
[20:54] | It’s too dark. | 太黑了 |
[20:55] | I wanna see you. | 人家想看见你 |
[20:58] | Whatever you want, baby. | 你想怎样都行 宝贝儿 |
[21:01] | Oh, this is gonna be great. | 这次一定会爽翻天 |
[21:03] | I am gonna make love to you all night. | 我要和你整夜做爱不停歇 |
[21:08] | Oh, but first, I have a surprise for you. | 不过在这之前 我有个惊喜给你 |
[21:11] | I wrote a poem for you while I was in prison. | 在监狱里的时候我为你写了首诗 |
[21:16] | I am a garden, dry and brown | 我是干枯荒芜的花园 |
[21:20] | You are the rain that tumbles down | 你是从天而降把我滋润的雨水 |
[21:23] | Susan | 苏珊 |
[21:24] | I am a beggar who needs to eat | 我是急需食物的乞丐 |
[21:27] | You are a sandwich thick with meat, Susan | 你是夹着厚实肉片喂饱我的三明治 苏珊 |
[21:34] | Oh, my God! | 哦 老天爷 |
[21:36] | I knew you had something planned. You set the building on fire! | 我就知道你早有预谋 你把这栋大楼点着了 |
[21:39] | No, I didn’t. I swear! | 不 我没有 我发誓 |
[21:41] | Come on, let’s get out of here! | 快点儿 咱们赶紧走 |
[21:42] | But the firemen, they’re on their way! | 但是消防员马上就要来了呀 |
[21:44] | Come on! | 快走吧你 |