时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Roz Roz. | |
[00:13] | None of these lights seem to be flashing. | 我这边几个灯都没闪呀 |
[00:15] | Hey, what do you know. I got the same thing over here. | 真巧呢 我这边也是一样 |
[00:18] | Well, who’s our first caller? | 那第一个接进来的是谁 |
[00:20] | No one. | 没人打进来 |
[00:22] | Well, how much time do we have? | 还剩几分钟直播 |
[00:23] | None. | 没时间了 |
[00:27] | Hello, Seattle. This is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 你好 西雅图 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[00:31] | Well, I have some good news for you. | 是这样的 特大好消息 |
[00:34] | As today is the first sunny day we’ve had in a few weeks, | 这几周来 我们终于迎来了第一个晴天 |
[00:38] | it seems that all our lines are open. | 我们的电话线路都空着 |
[00:39] | So please call in. No waiting. | 赶紧来电吧 不用等呢 |
[00:43] | Absolutely no waiting. | 完全不用等 |
[00:48] | Oh, come on, somebody’s marriage must be on the skids. | 拜托 肯定有人的婚姻危在旦夕 |
[00:51] | Somebody’s career must be going badly… | 肯定有人的事业不顺 |
[00:54] | …other than mine. | 比如我的 |
[00:58] | Hey, how about all you agoraphobics? | 对了 恐旷症患者们呢 |
[00:59] | I know you’re not outside. | 我知道你们肯定在家 |
[01:03] | Oh, there’s a call. I’ll take it. I’ll take it. | 来电了 我来接 我来接 |
[01:07] | Hello, I’m listening. | 你好 我在聆听 |
[01:10] | Hi, Dr. Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[01:11] | My name is Alice, and I’m usually a happy person. | 我叫Alice 我通常挺开朗的 |
[01:15] | But today, well, | 但是今天 |
[01:16] | I just started thinking about all kinds of sad things. | 我突然想到了很多令人伤感的事 |
[01:20] | My job isn’t that exciting, | 我的工作没意思 |
[01:21] | my kids don’t call me as often as I’d like. | 我的孩子们也不常常打电话来 |
[01:24] | Pretty soon I was in a full-blown funk. | 想着想着我就郁闷了 |
[01:26] | Well, Alice, as today seems to be a bit slow, | 今天来电的人不多 这样吧 Alice |
[01:28] | you know, I think I have a story i can tell you | 我想讲个故事 |
[01:31] | that might be of some help. | 也许能帮到你 |
[01:33] | Do you have some time? | 你有时间吗 |
[01:35] | Well, it’s 3:00, and I’m still in my bathrobe. | 都三点了 我还穿着浴袍窝着呢 |
[01:37] | Perfect! | 太好了 |
[01:40] | Well, it all started three days ago. | 一切都从三天前开始 |
[01:44] | You see, my father was very concerned about his little dog, Eddie, | 我老爸特别担心他的小狗Eddie |
[01:47] | so he had taken him to the vet. | 所以带它去看了兽医 |
[01:50] | So, what did the doctor say? | 那个医生怎么说 |
[01:52] | He’s stumped. | 他也没招了 |
[01:54] | I told him he’s not sleeping, he’s not eating, | 我跟他说Eddie不吃不睡 |
[01:56] | he’s not even sniffing stuff. | 连闻都懒得闻 |
[01:58] | Welcome news to Mrs. Frobisher in 13B. | 住在13B的Frobisher太太听到这消息应该很高兴吧 |
[02:02] | He said he can’t find anything wrong with him physically. | 兽医说Eddie身体一点儿毛病没有 |
[02:05] | Thinks it might be an emotional problem. | 所以应该是情绪上的问题 |
[02:06] | You know, I’ve heard they have therapists for dogs. | 对了 我听说现在有给狗治病的心理医生 |
[02:09] | Do you suppose a dog psychiatrist could be the answer? | 说不定犬类心理医生就是问题的答案呢 |
[02:11] | Only if the question is, | 除非问题是 |
[02:12] | “What is the most asinine thing we could possibly do?” | “我们到底能有多胡来”吧 |
[02:16] | Maybe Eddie’s just lonely. | 也许Eddie就是孤单了 |
[02:18] | You know, I was thinking maybe we could maybe get another– | 也许咱们能再养 |
[02:21] | Stop right there, Dad. | 爸 你别往下说了 |
[02:22] | We are not getting another dog. | 我们不可能再养一只狗 |
[02:23] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[02:24] | What could be more fun than having a little brother or sister | 家里有个小弟弟或小妹妹一起玩 |
[02:26] | around the house to play with? | 该多有意思啊 |
[02:27] | I fell for that trick once, Dad. | 老爸 我上过这句话的当了 |
[02:31] | Well, I’m gonna get this little guy home. | 好吧 我还是带小家伙回家吧 |
[02:34] | All right, I’ll see you at home. | 好吧 你先走吧 |
[02:35] | I want to pick up some beans before I go. | 我想买点咖啡豆带回去 |
[02:37] | See you there. | 拜拜 |
[02:42] | There’s a guy over there checking me out. | 有个帅哥在打量我呢 |
[02:45] | He’s coming over here. | 他过来了 |
[02:46] | Get out. No, it’s too late. | 快滚 算了 时机已过 |
[02:48] | Just pretend you’re not with me. | 假装你不认识我 |
[02:50] | – Hello, Dr. Crane. – Dr. Kagen. | – 你好 Crane医生 – Kagen医生 |
[02:52] | – I hope I’m not interrupting. – Oh, no, not at all. | – 希望我没打扰到你们 – 不会 怎么可能呢 |
[02:53] | I don’t even know who she is. | 我都不认识她 |
[02:56] | Frasier Frasier. | |
[02:57] | Hi, I’m Roz Doyle. | 嗨 我是Roz Doyle |
[02:58] | Dr. Stephen Kagen. | Stephen Kagen医生 |
[03:00] | Yes, Dr. Kagen moved into my building about three months ago | 对了 Kagen医生三个月前搬到我们那栋楼里了 |
[03:02] | from Chicago, I believe. | 从芝加哥来的 我记得 |
[03:03] | Yes, that’s right. | 是的 就是那儿 |
[03:04] | I love what I’ve seen of Seattle, | 我很喜欢西雅图 |
[03:06] | but I’m still finding my way around. | 但对这城市还是不熟 |
[03:08] | Well, Roz is an excellent tour guide. | 那正好 Roz可是个西雅图通呢 |
[03:10] | Really? Well, if you have an afternoon sometime, | 是嘛 哇 要是你哪天下午有空 |
[03:13] | maybe you could show me all the hot spots. | 能不能带我看看景点(性感部位) |
[03:15] | Oh, I think that could be arranged. | 我觉得肯定没问题啦 |
[03:19] | I’d be happy to. | 我很愿意 |
[03:20] | I’m free tomorrow afternoon. | 明天下午就行 |
[03:22] | – Here’s my card. – Great. | – 这是我的名片 – 好啊 |
[03:24] | I’ll give you a call. | 我再给你打电话吧 |
[03:26] | – Nice meeting you, Roz. – Nice to meet you. | – 认识你很高兴 Roz – 我也是 |
[03:28] | – Dr. Crane. – Dr. Kagen. | – Crane医生 – Kagen医生 |
[03:32] | – Thank you, Frasier. – My pleasure. | – 谢谢啦 Frasier – 举手之劳 |
[03:34] | A gorgeous doctor, and I didn’t get you anything. | 我都没向你献殷勤就钓到一个帅医生 |
[03:39] | So, what kind of doctor is he? | 对了 他是什么医生 |
[03:41] | A gynecologist. | 妇科医生 |
[03:42] | That’s not funny. | 别开这种玩笑 |
[03:45] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[03:46] | He really is? | 他真是妇科医生 |
[03:48] | Oh, God. I can’t go out with a gynecologist. | 亲娘啊 我可不能跟妇科医生约会 |
[03:51] | Do you know what they do all day? | 你知道他们整天都在干嘛吗 |
[03:54] | I have a general idea, yes. | 我有常识 我当然知道 |
[03:57] | All right, I’ll see you at home. | 好吧 我先回家了 |
[03:58] | Hey, would you date a gynecologist? | 嘿 你愿意跟妇科医生约会吗 |
[04:00] | Oh, God, no. | 当然不可能 |
[04:01] | See? | 看见了吧 |
[04:02] | Yeah, I wouldn’t even date a dentist. | 可不 我都不会跟牙医约会的 |
[04:03] | Hands in people’s mouths all day. | 手整天在别人嘴里 |
[04:05] | And after watching Eddie’s complete physical, | 看过Eddie体检后 |
[04:08] | I’m not anxious to date a vet anytime soon either. | 我最近也不太想跟兽医约会了 |
[04:12] | I thought familiarity with a woman’s body | 我以为熟知女性躯体是 |
[04:16] | But that’s really more of a sidetrack. | 这些都跑题啦 |
[04:19] | Getting back to our story, | 言归正传 |
[04:20] | by the time I got home that day, | 那天我回家的时候 |
[04:22] | alas, poor Eddie was no better. | 啊呀 可怜的Eddie并没有好转 |
[04:26] | Hey, look, Eddie, Mr. Carrot. | 快看 Eddie 胡萝卜先生 |
[04:28] | He’ll give you good eyesight. | 他能让你视力棒棒 |
[04:30] | And a lot of fun with this too. | 而且也很好玩 |
[04:33] | – Dad. – Yeah. | – 老爸 – 嗯 |
[04:35] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[04:37] | I went out, and I bought a bunch of new toys for Eddie. | 我出去给Eddie买了一堆新玩具 |
[04:40] | I just thought it might cheer him up, you know. | 我以为这没准儿能让他高兴起来呢 |
[04:42] | Hey, Eddie, look at this. | 嘿 Eddie 快看呀 |
[04:44] | Hamburger. | 汉堡 |
[04:46] | Juicy. Meaty. | 多汁 夹着肉 |
[04:48] | I’ll bet you’d like a bite of this, wouldn’t you? | 你肯定想咬上一口 是不是 |
[04:51] | No? Well, more for me. | 不想 哼 那全是我的了 |
[04:54] | I sure hope you don’t take a bite out of the other side. | 你可别从你那边偷吃一口呀 |
[05:00] | Did you ever see anything sadder than this? | 还有比这更可怜的吗 |
[05:03] | No, I can’t say that I have. | 没 这是我见过最可悲的 |
[05:08] | Oh, that will be Dr. Crane. | 一定是Crane医生来了 |
[05:09] | He said he was gonna bring his dog over. | 他说会把他的狗带来 |
[05:12] | Oh, not that four-legged Maris. | 不是那条四腿儿的Maris吧 |
[05:14] | Dad, please. | 老爸 拜托 |
[05:15] | Don’t call it that in front of him. | 在他面前可别这么说 |
[05:17] | He has no idea. | 他根本没觉得像 |
[05:18] | How could he not? | 怎么可能 |
[05:19] | It acts like Maris, it barks like Maris. | 它跟Maris行为像 叫声像 |
[05:21] | Aside from the fact that it eats now and then, | 除了那狗偶尔还吃点东西 |
[05:23] | they’re dead ringers. | 她们简直是对方的影子 |
[05:25] | – Hello. – Hello, Daphne. | – 你好 – 你好 Daphne |
[05:26] | – Hello, all. – Niles. | – 大家好 – Niles |
[05:29] | I heard Eddie was down, | 我听说Eddie不太开心 |
[05:30] | and I thought a playmate might cheer him up. | 我觉得有个小伙伴能让它好过点 |
[05:32] | So voila! | 所以 我们来啦 |
[05:33] | Well, I appreciate the offer, Niles, | 我感激你这么愿意帮忙 Niles |
[05:35] | but I already tried it in the park with real dogs, | 但我在公园里已经用真狗试过这法子了 |
[05:38] | and it didn’t work. | 一点用都没有 |
[05:40] | Well, you’ll change your tune | 等你看见我家妞大展身手 |
[05:42] | when you see my girl turn on her charm. | 你就不这么说了 |
[05:44] | All right, come on, girl. | 好了 来吧 妞 |
[05:45] | And go to Eddie. | 去找Eddie |
[05:49] | Go to Eddie. | 去找Eddie |
[05:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:57] | Do your stuff. | 施展绝技 |
[06:00] | That’s it. | 对啦 |
[06:04] | Oh, oh, I can see her magic working already. | 哦 我能看出来她的魅力已经生效了 |
[06:07] | No, girl, come back here. | 不 妞儿 回来呀 |
[06:08] | Girl? Come back here this instant. | 妞 你给我马上回来 |
[06:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:18] | Oh, Eddie, it’s breaking my heart seeing you like this. | Eddie 你这样让我的心都碎成渣渣了呀 |
[06:21] | How would a nice big batch of Grammy Moon’s sugar biscuits sound? | 来一大碗Moon奶奶的糖饼干怎么样 |
[06:24] | Do you believe he can understand a word you’re saying? | 你还真以为它听得懂呀 |
[06:27] | Hey, I read somewhere dogs can understand up to 400 words. | 尊重点 我听说狗能懂400多个词 |
[06:30] | Now, a supersmart dog like Eddie probably knows 1,000. | Eddie绝顶聪明 可能听懂一千个 |
[06:33] | – Oh, really, Dad? – Yes, really. | – 哦 是吗 老爸 – 毫无疑义 |
[06:34] | Eddie understands a helluva lot more than you give him credit for. | Eddie比你想象得要聪明得多 |
[06:37] | Yeah, why, just yesterday I said, | 是啊 昨天我说 |
[06:38] | “Eddie, I’ve lost my keys.” | “Eddie 我把钥匙丢了” |
[06:39] | And he looked up at me… | 然后他看了看我 |
[06:41] | – Eddie. – Eddie. Yackety yackety. | – Eddie – Eddie 噼里啪啦噼里啪啦 |
[06:42] | Yadda yadda yadda yadda. Eddie. Yadda yadda yadda yadda. | 叽里咕噜 叽里咕噜 Eddie 叽里咕噜 |
[06:45] | – Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie – Eddie – Eddie. Eddie. Eddie. Eddie. – Eddie. | |
[06:49] | –understanding anything other than the simple fact | 除了它的名字 咱们说话对它来说 |
[06:50] | of his name or a grunt. | 就是杂音 |
[06:53] | Well, the crisis has passed. | 好了 危机解除了 |
[06:54] | She just needed a little rest. | 她只是需要休息一下 |
[06:56] | Fortunately, I remembered to bring her sleep mask. | 还好我给它带了眼罩 |
[07:01] | How’s Eddie? | Eddie怎么样 |
[07:02] | Worse. | 更坏了 |
[07:03] | I’m afraid we’re gonna have to call in | 我觉得是时候请个 |
[07:04] | one of those dog psychiatrists. | 犬类心理医生来看看了 |
[07:06] | Dad, you can’t be serious. | 老爸 你疯了 |
[07:07] | Well, I’m desperate. | 怎么 我没招了 |
[07:08] | We tried everything else. | 我们什么都试过了 |
[07:09] | A dog psychiatrist? | 犬类心理医生 |
[07:11] | Honestly, Dad, they are the very definition of charlatanism. | 老爸 说真的 他们简直是江湖骗术的代言人 |
[07:14] | You simply cannot apply the principles of human psychology | 你怎么能把人类心理学用到 |
[07:17] | to animal behavior. | 动物身上去 |
[07:18] | Precisely. | 正是这个理 |
[07:19] | Animals operate out of instinct, | 动物全凭直觉行事 |
[07:21] | whereas human beings can reason. | 而人类是讲理的 |
[07:23] | – Yes. – They can cogitate. | – 对呀 – 人类三思而后行 |
[07:24] | Yes. Therefore, a human being, | 是的 所以说人类 |
[07:26] | through analytical psychotherapy, can… | 经过心理分析 可以 |
[07:28] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[07:33] | Dad. | 老爸 |
[07:34] | Dad, yadda yadda… | 老爸 叽里咕噜 |
[07:37] | Well, it’s the intrinsic value in, what, Gestalt therapy and… | 我觉得是格式塔治疗法的内在价值 |
[07:43] | Thank you for staying with us through the first commercial break. | 广告之后 欢迎回来 |
[07:46] | We’re talking to Alice, | 现在来电的是Alice |
[07:47] | who has a case of the blues today. | 她今天有点忧郁 |
[07:49] | In order to help her through it, | 为了帮助她 |
[07:50] | I am relating a story from my own life. | 我给她讲了一个我身边的故事 |
[07:53] | Any questions so far, Alice? | Alice 有什么问题吗 |
[07:55] | Well, I was wondering, | 有 我很好奇 |
[07:57] | what happened to Roz and the gynecologist? | Roz和那个妇科医生怎么样了 |
[08:04] | Well, since Frasier did | 既然Frasier把 |
[08:06] | tell the most embarrassing part of the story, | 最丢人的都说出去了 |
[08:08] | something kind of funny did happen. | 我就接着说说有趣的部分吧 |
[08:10] | Oh, my God, you’re kidding. You were at Camp Lakeridge too? | 不是吧 你也去过湖边高中的露营 |
[08:14] | What years were you there? | 你是哪年去的 |
[08:15] | Roz Roz Roz. Roz. | |
[08:17] | We are trying to help this woman. | 我们有位听众需要帮助呢 |
[08:19] | We don’t have time for your pointless tangents. | 你跑题都跑姥姥家去了 |
[08:21] | Anyway, my father finally got his way | 言归正传 我们最后还是妥协了 |
[08:24] | and made an appointment with a dog psychiatrist, | 老爸约了一位犬类心理医生来家里 |
[08:27] | who insisted that the entire household | 他坚持说第一次治疗的时候 |
[08:28] | be present for the first session. | 我们全家必须都在 |
[08:30] | What’s keeping this guy? | 这人磨蹭什么呐 |
[08:32] | He should have been here by now. | 他早该到了啊 |
[08:33] | Perhaps he’s been detained by his fear-of-fetching group. | 也许他被”捡球恐惧症”病人耽搁了吧 |
[08:41] | All right, now, you two cut it out! | 行了 你俩给我闭嘴 |
[08:47] | – Hello, I’m Dr. Arnold Shaw. – Hi, doc. | – 你好 我是Arnold Shaw医生 – 你好 医生 |
[08:50] | Marty Crane. Come on in, please. | Marty Crane 请进 |
[08:52] | This is Daphne Moon | 这是Daphne Moon |
[08:53] | – Hello. – and my sons, Frasier and Niles. | – 你好呀 – 还有我的儿子 Frasier和Niles |
[08:56] | – How do you do? – And this, of course, is the patient. | – 你们好 – 这个 当然了 就是病人 |
[09:00] | I don’t suppose my father told you, | 我想我父亲一定没告诉你 |
[09:01] | but my brother and I happen to be psychiatrists. | 我们哥俩碰巧也是心理医生 |
[09:04] | Oh, how nice. | 那多好 |
[09:05] | I always enjoy being in the company of colleagues. | 能遇上同行总是很高兴的 |
[09:12] | I’m sorry. Did you say “Colleagues” Or “Collies”? | 抱歉 你是说”同行”还是”腊肠” |
[09:17] | Oh, it’s just a joke. | 开个玩笑 |
[09:21] | It’s very clever. Very clever. | 真机灵啊 真机灵 |
[09:24] | Well, shall…? | 那么 咱们 |
[09:25] | Shall we begin? | 咱们开始吧 |
[09:31] | Hello, Eddie. | 你好 Eddie |
[09:33] | I’m Dr. Shaw. | 我是Shaw医生 |
[09:36] | And I’m here to get to know you and help you get better. | 我是来了解你 帮助你的 |
[09:41] | You’re very sad, aren’t you? | 你特别伤心 是不是 |
[09:45] | It’s okay to be sad. | 伤心没什么丢人的 |
[09:47] | Sometimes I’m sad too. | 有时候我也伤心 |
[09:50] | We’re gonna spend the next hour | 接下来一个小时 |
[09:51] | trying to figure out why you’re sad. | 我们来找找你伤心的根源 |
[09:56] | When you give a dog an hour, you can bill him for seven. | 跟狗待一个小时 应该收7小时的钱 |
[10:04] | I’m sorry. I get the feeling | 等一下 我感觉到 |
[10:06] | that some of us aren’t taking this seriously. | 有些人对此很不以为然呢 |
[10:09] | Look, I apologize. This all just seems a bit silly. | 对不起哈 但这看起来有点 傻 |
[10:12] | Oh, really? Silly? | 是嘛 有点傻 |
[10:14] | I’ll have you know I just attended the funeral | 你可能有兴趣知道 |
[10:15] | of one Buttons McFarland, | 我刚刚参加了一只麦克法兰犬的葬礼 |
[10:17] | whose owners felt the same way. | 它的主人跟你的想法一模一样 |
[10:20] | Knock it off! | 你俩闭嘴 |
[10:22] | – Okay. – I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | – 好吧 – 抱歉 抱歉 |
[10:25] | First, I’d like to administer a dog personality-profile quiz | 首先 我想做一个犬类性格测试 |
[10:31] | I’ve developed. | 我自己编篡的 |
[10:33] | My first questions are based on how you think Eddie might behave | 最开头的问题是 如果Eddie是个人 |
[10:37] | if he were a human being. | 他会是个怎样的人 |
[10:38] | Oh, boy. | 哦 老天爷 |
[10:41] | It’s not a joke. This is very serious. | 严肃点 这不是开玩笑 |
[10:44] | If human Eddie were planning a dinner party, | 要是Eddie其人要举行晚宴 |
[10:47] | what might he serve? | 他会给客人们提供什么食物呢 |
[10:49] | I’d say meat loaf. But not the plain kind. | 我觉得是肉卷 不过不是平常的那种 |
[10:51] | The one with that fancy | 是那种高大上的 |
[10:53] | tomato-soup glaze on top. | 上面还有西红柿蛋浆的 |
[10:55] | Might be a bit underdone, though. | 不过估计没做熟 |
[10:57] | He has trouble reaching the knobs on the stove. | 他都够不着炉子上的开关 |
[11:06] | Poached salmon. I don’t know why. | 清炖鲑鱼 我也不知道哪儿来的想法 |
[11:10] | Interesting. | 有点意思 |
[11:12] | Question two. | 第二题 |
[11:13] | What would you imagine human Eddie’s first words to be? | 你觉得Eddie其人的第一句话会是什么 |
[11:17] | Well, I hope, “Give me a breath mint.” | 我希望是”给我口香糖” |
[11:21] | I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[11:23] | All right, next one. | 好吧 下一题 |
[11:26] | What do you imagine would be human Eddie’s favorite cologne? | Eddie其人最喜欢的古龙水是什么味道 |
[11:30] | Aqua Velva. It’s a little strong, | 水维拉 那个味道虽然浓了点 |
[11:31] | but I think he can pull it off. | 可Eddie撑得起来 |
[11:35] | Grey Flannel. I don’t know why. | 雅顿灰色元素 我也不知道哪儿来的想法 |
[11:40] | Cologne? | 古龙水 |
[11:40] | Well, actually, I think he would prefer toilet water. | 我觉得他会更喜欢马桶里的水 |
[11:44] | Oh, by the way, same answer for favorite beverage. | 对了 这也是他最喜欢的饮品 |
[11:53] | I’m sensing a lot of hostility here. | 我感到阵阵恶意向我袭来 |
[11:57] | I’m sorry. I just don’t see the point. | 抱歉 我只是不觉得这有什么用 |
[11:59] | What is any of this telling you about Eddie? | 这么瞎猜Eddie其人的行为有什么用 |
[12:01] | The point was not to learn about Eddie, | 这不是为了测试Eddie的性格 |
[12:02] | but to learn about all of you. | 而且借机了解主人们 |
[12:04] | And might I say, mission accomplished. | 容我说一句 任务圆满完成了 |
[12:08] | Well, perhaps now would be a good time for me | 现在我该私下 |
[12:11] | to examine Eddie one-on-one. | 给Eddie体检了 |
[12:13] | Is there a room I can use? | 哪间屋可以给我用一下 |
[12:16] | Oh, yeah. My room. Second on the right. | 我的房间 右手第二间 |
[12:18] | Eddie, after you. | Eddie 您先请 |
[12:22] | This may take a while. | 这得花点时间 |
[12:26] | If Eddie were one of the Beatles, | 要是Eddie是披头士成员 |
[12:28] | I think he’d be George. | 我觉得他是George |
[12:30] | I don’t know why. | 我也不知道哪儿来的想法 |
[12:36] | And yet she’s never been committed. | 就这样 她居然还没被抓进疯人院 |
[12:39] | I don’t know why. | 我也不知道哪儿来的想法 |
[12:47] | Okay, I’ll say it. | 好吧 我来做小人吧 |
[12:48] | What have they been doing in there for the last hour? | 都一个小时了 他们在里面干什么 |
[12:50] | He’s probably just talking to him. | 他可能就是在跟Eddie说话啊 |
[12:51] | Eddie happens to be complex and interesting. | 你别说 Eddie是只复杂又有趣的小狗 |
[12:54] | Oh, yes. You must remind me to sit beside him | 对了 你一定得提醒我 |
[12:56] | at his next dinner party. | 下次开派对要坐在它旁边 |
[12:59] | Well, be prepared. | 准备好吧 |
[13:00] | He’ll be up and down checking on that meat loaf. | 他得上蹿下跳 查看肉卷做好了没 |
[13:06] | I have my diagnosis. | 我有结论了 |
[13:08] | Finally, the white smoke. | 总算到重头戏了 |
[13:12] | Eddie is indeed depressed. | Eddie确实抑郁了 |
[13:15] | Now, if, as you say, | 可是 你们说过 |
[13:16] | there’s been no change in his routine, | 他的生活没什么改变 |
[13:17] | I can only surmise that | 我只能猜测 |
[13:18] | he’s reacting to someone else’s unhappiness. | 他是在为别人悲伤 |
[13:22] | Is any one of you suffering from depression? | 你们当中有人抑郁吗 |
[13:25] | – Not me. – Well, I’m not depressed. | – 我没有 – 我也没有 |
[13:27] | – Me either. – I’m cheer personified. | – 我更没有 – 我就是一欢乐人儿 |
[13:31] | Well, he’s picking it up somewhere. | 它肯定是从谁身上感觉到了 |
[13:34] | To be on the safe side, | 保险起见 |
[13:35] | you should all be conscious of how you behave | 你们在Eddie身边的时候 |
[13:38] | when you’re in front of him. | 要注意言行举止 |
[13:39] | Try to speak in pleasant, happy tones. | 尽量用欢快的语调说话 |
[13:43] | Goodbye, Eddie. | 拜拜 Eddie |
[13:45] | Call me in a few days, | 过几天再给我电话吧 |
[13:46] | let me know how he’s doing. | 让我知道它的近况 |
[13:47] | Okay. Thanks for everything, doc. | 好的 太谢谢你了 医生 |
[13:50] | Sorry to rush off, | 抱歉我得撤了 |
[13:51] | but I have a 4:00 appointment at the zoo. | 我4点在动物园有约 |
[13:53] | There’s a hyena there that won’t even crack a smile. | 那儿有只郊狼不肯笑一个 |
[13:59] | See, I can joke too. | 看 我也会开玩笑 |
[14:05] | Hold it. | 别关 |
[14:06] | Oh, my God. Roz, what’s happened? | 天哪 Roz 怎么了 |
[14:09] | I wanna kill myself. | 我想自杀 |
[14:10] | Oh, hey, Roz, not in front of Eddie. | 嘿Roz 可别在Eddie面前说这话 |
[14:14] | What? | 什么 |
[14:15] | That gentleman that just left | 刚刚离开的那位先生 |
[14:17] | was a dog psychiatrist. | 是个犬类心理医生 |
[14:18] | He said it’d be a good idea | 他说我们最好 |
[14:19] | if we all had a happy tone when we’re around Eddie. | 在Eddie身边的时候 用开心的语调说话 |
[14:21] | So please, tell us, why do you want to kill yourself? | 所以 赶快告诉我们你为啥想自杀吧 |
[14:25] | Well, I went out with Dr. Kagen, and we– | 我跟Kagen出去约会了 然后我们 |
[14:29] | Everything was going so great | 一切都好极了 |
[14:30] | that I almost forgot what he was. | 我都忘了他的职业了 |
[14:32] | What is he? | 他是干啥的 |
[14:33] | A gynecologist. | 妇科医生 |
[14:34] | Oh, gee. I don’t think I wanna hear any more about this. | 天呐 我听不下去了 |
[14:42] | All right, Roz, what happened? | 好啦 Roz 到底怎么了 |
[14:43] | Well, we went upstairs to his apartment, | 我们去了他的公寓 |
[14:45] | and he poured a glass of wine and… | 他给我倒了杯酒 |
[14:48] | Well, do you know what a speculum is? | 你知道扩阴器是啥吗 |
[14:52] | Apparently, he was an avid collector of | 结果 他是个收集 |
[14:54] | antique gynecological equipment. | 妇科诊具古董的狂热发烧友 |
[14:59] | I’ve just gotten the signal from Roz | Roz正在跟我示意 |
[15:01] | that we’re running out of time, | 我们快没时间了 |
[15:02] | so I’ll skip ahead in our story. | 所以我还是继续我的故事吧 |
[15:13] | If you ask me, the man’s theory’s a whole lot of hooey. | 要我说 这人的理论根本是胡说八道 |
[15:16] | Who here has any reason to be unhappy? | 咱们有什么不开心的 |
[15:18] | Well, mind you, | 我想说 |
[15:20] | I would never say this if it weren’t for Eddie’s sake, | 要不是为了Eddie 我肯定不会这么说 |
[15:23] | but comparatively speaking, | 但是比较来看 |
[15:25] | Dr. Crane, you have the most to be depressed about. | Crane医生 你最有理由抑郁 |
[15:27] | What with your separation from Mrs. Crane and all. | 跟您太太分居什么的 |
[15:30] | Well, I’m not unhappy. | 可是 我并没有什么不开心的 |
[15:32] | Besides, I don’t even live here. | 而且 我都不住这儿 |
[15:33] | Oh, please, you’re here more than I am. | 拜托 你在这儿消磨的时间比我还多 |
[15:37] | You know, I hate to say it, but, | 我也不想这么说 可是 |
[15:38] | Dad, if anybody’s giving off unhappiness, | 老爸 要是说有人不开心 |
[15:40] | I’m afraid it’s you. | 恐怕是你 |
[15:41] | – Me? – Yes. | – 我 – 对呀 |
[15:42] | You’re the one who hasn’t had a date in a year. | 是你一年到头都捞不着个妹子 |
[15:45] | Not to mention two failed marriages. | 而且还离了两次婚 |
[15:47] | And yet you did. | 你可逮着了 |
[15:50] | Well, I don’t know, maybe I am not entirely happy. | 我也说不好 也许我并不是都那么开心 |
[15:54] | Why should I be? | 我怎么会一直开心 |
[15:56] | My son lives across the country. | 我儿子离我八千里远 |
[15:58] | There’s no woman in my life. | 我的生命中根本没有妹子 |
[16:00] | Maybe it is I who is making Eddie sad. | 也许正是我让Eddie抑郁了 |
[16:04] | Oh, now, now, don’t you take all the blame. | 得了 你也不能一个人都扛了啊 |
[16:06] | If I give my life a good once-over, | 要是回顾我的一生 |
[16:08] | I realize it’s not all jam. | 也不都是鲜花蜜糖 |
[16:11] | I’ve just lost the only boyfriend I’ve had in years, | 我刚跟这几年唯一的男友分手 |
[16:14] | and the biggest thing in my life is | 我生活里最大的事 |
[16:15] | that I got all my hair cut off months ago, | 就是几个月前把头发剪了 |
[16:17] | – and no one’s even mentioned it. – You got your hair cut off? | – 但都没人看出来 – 你剪了头发 |
[16:21] | Oh, shut up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[16:26] | Daphne, maybe you were right earlier. | Daphne 也许你说的对 |
[16:28] | I’m not so happy. | 我也不是那么开心 |
[16:30] | Oh, maybe it’s me. | 也许是我呢 |
[16:31] | My life hasn’t been a picnic since Hester died. | 自从你们妈走了 我的生命也没有意义了 |
[16:34] | Now that I think about it, | 现在想想 |
[16:35] | what have I got to be happy about? | 我生命里有什么值得开心的 |
[16:38] | I mean, I know that has nothing to do with Eddie, | 是吧 也许跟Eddie没关系 |
[16:40] | but maybe Frasier picked up something | 但可能Frasier通过跟我接触 |
[16:41] | from contact with me. | 感染上了负能量 |
[16:43] | He wouldn’t be the first one who– | 他也不是第一个从你那 |
[16:44] | Oh, I’m too depressed. | 我郁闷到开不出玩笑了 |
[16:48] | How loosely woven is the fabric of our happiness. | 幸福这件毛衣真是大粗针织的啊 |
[16:51] | A tug or two, | 稍微一拉 |
[16:53] | and it unravels to reveal | 就全扯下来了 |
[16:54] | how empty our everyday lives really are. | 我们的日常生活多空虚啊 |
[16:58] | Then there are the empty nights… | 还有空虚寂寞冷的夜 |
[17:00] | …accompanied by thoughts of loneliness and death. | 只有孤独和死亡的念头伴着我 |
[17:04] | You think about that too? | 你也这么想吗 |
[17:06] | Thought it was just me. | 还以为就是我呢 |
[17:08] | Everybody thinks about it. | 大家都这么想的 |
[17:10] | Do you lie real still and hold your breath… | 那你们也躺平了一动不动 憋着气 |
[17:14] | …and pretend you’re in the ground? | 假装你已经在六尺之下了 |
[17:16] | No, that’s just you. | 这个应该只有你吧 |
[17:20] | When I die, I want it to be on my 100th birthday, | 我希望死在我一百岁生日的时候 |
[17:24] | in my beach house on Maui, | 在我夏威夷毛伊岛的海滩别墅里 |
[17:26] | and I want my husband to be so upset | 而且我老公得特别伤心 |
[17:28] | he has to drop out of college. | 不得不从大学退学疗心伤 |
[17:34] | You know, I once had a psychic tell me the strangest thing. | 话说 之前有个灵媒对我说了奇怪的预言 |
[17:38] | That one day I would go off me rocker, | 有一天我会失去理智 |
[17:40] | take up a kitchen knife, | 拿起一把切菜刀 |
[17:41] | kill the entire household | 把全家杀了 |
[17:43] | and then kill myself. | 然后自杀 |
[17:44] | Silly old bag. | 真是个老傻瓜 |
[17:48] | She was right about my moving to Seattle, though. | 不过我搬来西雅图这事她倒说准了 |
[17:56] | Well, I don’t know how I wanna go, | 我也不清楚想以怎样的方式走 |
[17:59] | but all my years around the police morgue taught me a few things. | 但从警多年 我对自杀这事儿深有体会 |
[18:02] | First off, you don’t wanna swallow Drano or rat poison. | 首先 不能吃通乐通乐或鼠毒强死 |
[18:07] | And if you’re gonna kill yourself with an axe, | 要是你想用斧头自杀 |
[18:09] | get it right the first time. | 最好一下就劈死 |
[18:17] | Well, you know, we can talk about it, | 我们可以谈论死亡 |
[18:19] | we can think about it… | 打好主意要怎么归去 |
[18:22] | …but nobody really knows how or when. | 但谁也不知道自己会是怎么去的 什么时候去的 |
[18:25] | One second we’re as alive as anyone else, and then… | 上一秒钟我们还活得好好的 然后 |
[18:28] | …what? | 怎么 |
[18:31] | Darkness. Nothingness. | 黑暗 虚无 |
[18:35] | Afterlife? | 来世了 |
[18:37] | I’ve always liked the notion of | 我倒是很期待 |
[18:38] | meeting the great figures of history. | 见见历史上的大人物 |
[18:41] | Then I think, what if it’s like high school, | 然后我又怕 要是跟高中一样怎么办 |
[18:43] | and all the really cool dead people don’t wanna hang out with me? | 那些死掉的牛人也不愿意带我玩儿 |
[18:49] | Mozart will tell me he’s busy, | 莫扎特说他忙 |
[18:50] | but then later I’ll see him out | 结果之后我看见他 |
[18:52] | with Shakespeare and Lincoln. | 跟莎士比亚和林肯玩得欢着呢 |
[18:56] | I don’t know about you, | 我不知道你们怎么想的 |
[18:56] | but this is depressing the hell out of me. | 但这事把我郁闷坏了 |
[18:59] | Remember, my number’s coming up sooner than you guys. | 想想吧 我比你们都老得多呀 |
[19:01] | – Wow, that’s right. – That’s a good point, yeah. | – 哇 对呀 – 说得好 |
[19:07] | No, no. None of us really knows when our time is up. | 不 谁也不知道我们还有几年好活 |
[19:10] | And it’s never long enough. | 但多少年也不够 |
[19:12] | My great-grandmother was 92 years old when she died, | 我太奶奶死的时候都92了 |
[19:15] | and her last words to me from her deathbed were, | 她病榻上对我说的最后一句话是 |
[19:18] | “It’s so short.” | “太短了” |
[19:22] | Of course, it was the ’70s. | 不过 那时候是70年代 |
[19:24] | She could’ve been talking about my skirt. | 她也可能是说我的裙子太短了 |
[19:30] | I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker | “我已看到永恒的男仆拿着我的外套笑着” |
[19:37] | T.S. Eliot T.S. Eliot. | |
[19:38] | Dead. | 死透了 |
[19:42] | Must not all things at the last be swallowed up in death? | “不是所有的事物都会在最后被死亡吞噬吗” |
[19:46] | Plato. | 柏拉图 |
[19:47] | Even deader. | 死得更透 |
[19:51] | You know, perhaps Dr. Shaw was right. | 也许Shaw医生是对的 |
[19:55] | Perhaps we are the cause of Eddie’s depression. | 也许我们就是Eddie抑郁的原因 |
[20:02] | Simple beast. | 这小畜生 |
[20:04] | He has peered beneath the masks of happiness we all wear… | 居然看透在咱们幸福面具下面 |
[20:08] | …and seen what lurks below, | 隐藏的情绪 |
[20:11] | infected by our sorrow. | 被我们的忧虑所感染 |
[20:13] | His once carefree doggy world | 他那一度无忧无虑的小世界 |
[20:15] | has been shattered, perhaps forever. | 可能被我们永远地打破了 |
[20:19] | Well, look at him. He’s happy again. | 看看它呀 它又开心了 |
[20:21] | Could that have been all it was? | 难道这才是真正的原因 |
[20:23] | He was missing his favorite doll? | 它最爱的娃娃丢了 |
[20:24] | Well, I guess Dr. Shaw was wrong after all. | 好吧 那Shaw医生应该还是骗子 |
[20:27] | He wasn’t taking his cue from us, was he? | 他不是被我们的负能量感染的 |
[20:28] | Well, we were certainly taking a cue from Eddie. | 可我们确实是跟着它抑郁了 |
[20:31] | I’ve never been so depressed. | 我从没这么郁闷过 |
[20:33] | Tell me about it. | 我也是 |
[20:35] | Yeah, I wish I was a dog. | 可不 我希望我是条狗 |
[20:37] | All it takes is a little toy to make him happy again. | 只要一个小物件 就能开心得不行 |
[20:40] | I’m afraid we’re a bit more complex than that, Daphne. | 恐怕我们的要求会更复杂一些 Daphne |
[20:43] | We know for whom the bell tolls. | “丧钟为谁而鸣” |
[20:53] | Anybody else hear that? | 你们也听见了吗 |
[21:00] | Oh, the biscuits. | 哦 是饼干好了 |
[21:03] | Daphne, by “Biscuits” Do you mean cookies? | Daphne 你说的是曲奇饼干吗 |
[21:06] | Yeah, that’s right. | 是啊 |
[21:07] | Oh, they smell good. | 哦 真香 |
[21:08] | – Yeah. – Fresh from the oven. | – 是呀 – 新鲜出炉 |
[21:10] | – All nice and warm. – Yeah. | – 热热的 脆脆的 – 是呀 |
[21:11] | And I have a fresh pitcher of milk for dipping. | 我还弄了一壶牛奶可以蘸着吃 |
[21:14] | Oh, and I believe there’s ice cream too. | 一定还有冰淇淋吧 |
[21:18] | And so, Alice, | 所以 Alice |
[21:19] | even the happiest of us can find reasons to be unhappy | 最乐观的人也有理由会不开心 |
[21:22] | if only we look for them. | 不过那是自找的 |
[21:24] | So don’t look for them. | 所以别自寻烦恼啦 |
[21:25] | Take a tip from our dog friends, | 从我们的犬科朋友身上学学吧 |
[21:28] | and treat yourself to your favorite toy. | 用最爱的玩具奖赏自己 |
[21:30] | Whatever that might be. | 不管你最爱的是什么 |
[21:33] | I’ll do that right now. | 我现在就行动 |
[21:35] | Thank you, Dr. Crane. I really do feel better. | 谢谢你 Crane医生 我感觉好多了 |
[21:38] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[21:40] | reminding everyone that life is too short | 提醒您生命苦短 |
[21:43] | to dwell on every bump in the road. | 别杞人忧天 |
[21:46] | Try to take pleasure in the simple things. | 试着发现简单的快乐 |
[21:50] | In short, | 比如 |
[21:52] | eat a cookie. | 吃块饼干 |
[21:57] | Walnut. I broke a tooth. | 核桃 我牙断了 |
[22:01] | Oh, now I gotta go to the dentist. | 我得去看牙医了 |
[22:03] | Gonna tell me I haven’t flossed, | 他又会嘚吧嘚 说我没好好用牙线 |
[22:04] | my lip’s gonna get all fat. | 我的嘴得肿成香肠嘴 |
[22:05] | My life sucks. | 我命怎么这么苦 |