时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Well, listeners, flu season is upon us again. | 听众们 流感季又袭来啦 |
[00:12] | As is customary, | 依照惯例 |
[00:14] | KACL is offering its employees and their families free flu shots. | KACL给员工及其家人提供免费流感疫苗 |
[00:18] | Now, in order to show the importance of getting a flu shot, | 为了告诉大家种疫苗的重要性 |
[00:21] | I am going to put aside my lifelong fear of needles | 我决定撇开多年的恐针症 |
[00:24] | and be inoculated right here over the air when we come back. | 等我们回来 直播接种疫苗的全过程 |
[00:30] | I’ve been sitting out here a half an hour. | 我已经在外面坐了半个小时 |
[00:31] | I got places to go. | 我还有地方要去呢 |
[00:32] | Well, Dr. Claman is on his way, Dad. | Claman医生已经在路上了 老爸 |
[00:35] | Frasier, are you really afraid of needles? | Frasier 你真的恐针么 |
[00:37] | Not really. I just say that to encourage people that are. | 并不是 我只是借此鼓励那些恐针的人 |
[00:39] | Well, they can use the help. | 那会有帮助的 |
[00:41] | You know, those needles they use are about this long, | 那些接种针有那么长 |
[00:43] | – and if it hits a nerve when it’s going– – Stop it, Roz. | – 如果针碰到了神经 就会 – 别说了 Roz |
[00:46] | Shots are perfectly harmless. | 疫苗绝对有益无害 |
[00:47] | You got nothing to worry about. | 你没什么好担心的 |
[00:49] | Oh, sure, you hear the occasional story | 你肯定听说过一些特殊情况 |
[00:51] | about someone getting an air bubble in their vein | 气泡进入血管啊 |
[00:54] | or the needle getting stuck in a bone and the tip breaking off, | 或者是针卡在骨头里 针尖断了 |
[00:58] | but that’s the exception. | 不过这些都是特例 |
[01:00] | Oh, that’s it. We’re out of here. | 够了 我们离开这 |
[01:02] | But what about my flu shot? | 那我的疫苗呢 |
[01:03] | I always get a flu shot. | 我一直都注射流感疫苗 |
[01:05] | You’re not getting one today. | 你今天打不成了 |
[01:06] | You told me you’d drop me off at McGinty’s. | 你说了会把我送到麦金蒂酒吧的 |
[01:08] | Now, I told Duke I’d meet him at 5:00 sharp, | 我跟Duke说了五点见 |
[01:10] | and he pouts if I’m not there on time. | 如果我不准时他会不高兴 |
[01:12] | Sits there with his bottom lip stuck out | 坐着把下嘴唇撅得老高 |
[01:14] | and eats all the Brazil nuts out of the bowl | 把所有的巴西果吃光 |
[01:16] | because he knows I like them. | 因为他知道我爱吃 |
[01:17] | So come on, let’s go. | 所以 我们赶快走吧 |
[01:19] | It’s nice to know men in bars | 很高兴酒吧里的男人 |
[01:20] | still settle their disputes the old-fashioned way. | 还是用老办法解决问题 |
[01:23] | – Dr. Crane. – Oh, Dr. Claman. | – Crane医生 – Claman医生 |
[01:25] | Sorry I’m late. My last patient was a bleeder. | 不好意思我迟到了 我上个病人血流止不住 |
[01:30] | Fifteen seconds. | 还有15秒直播 |
[01:31] | Where are my manners? | 我的风度都哪去了 |
[01:33] | Perhaps– Perhaps you should get inoculated first. | 或许你应该先注射 |
[01:36] | I already had my shot, | 我已经打过针了 |
[01:37] | but I could sure use a check-up. | 不过我不介意再被检查一下 |
[01:41] | – You’re on. – Oh, right. | – 开始直播 – 是的 |
[01:44] | All right, folks. Uh, we’re back, um. | 听众们 我们回来了 |
[01:46] | Joining us for this last minute of our show is Dr. Morris Claman, | Claman医生在最后几分钟加入了我们 |
[01:49] | who is going to give me my, my flu shot. | 他将会给我 给我注射疫苗 |
[01:52] | But you know, what’s the rush? | 不过 为什么要着急呢 |
[01:54] | Perhaps we’d be interested in finding out | 或许大家都有兴趣知道 |
[01:55] | what strains of flu you’ve isolated this year. | 今年出现的是哪种流感 |
[01:59] | Primarily Singapore,Rangoon and Malayan. | 主要是从新加坡马来和仰光来的 |
[02:01] | Would you roll up your sleeve please? | 请卷起袖子好吗 |
[02:02] | And how do you suppose they traveled here? | 那是怎么传过来的呢 |
[02:05] | No idea. Roll up your sleeve. | 不知道 卷起你的袖子 |
[02:06] | Could it have been a careless tourist? | 会不会是个粗心的游客 |
[02:09] | A, a baggage handler? | 搬行李的 |
[02:11] | A tainted wok? | 或是一个感染的锅 |
[02:12] | Dr. Crane, we’re almost out of time. | Crane医生 我们节目快结束了 |
[02:14] | You do wanna get that shot, don’t you? | 你是想打针的不是么 |
[02:16] | Yes, yes. | 当然 |
[02:17] | All right. First, I’m just gonna swab the area with a little alcohol, | 首先 我要用酒精擦拭一下 |
[02:20] | and then I’m gonna give you the shot. | 然后再下针 |
[02:22] | There, that’s done. | 完成了 |
[02:24] | Really? | 真的么 |
[02:26] | Well, that didn’t hurt at all. | 一点都不疼 |
[02:28] | This is the newly immunized Dr. Frasier Crane signing off. | 免疫增强的Crane医生跟您说再见 |
[02:32] | No, no, that was just the alcohol. | 不 那只是酒精 |
[02:33] | This is the needle. | 这才是针 |
[02:46] | Well, you’re late. | 你们来晚了 |
[02:47] | All the tables are taken. | 没有空位了 |
[02:48] | No, there’s one right there. Dibs on that table. | 不 那还有一个 归我了 |
[02:51] | Roz, Niles was here first. | Roz 明明是Niles先到的 |
[02:52] | No, but I’m meeting someone. Please, guys? | 不过我约了人 拜托了 |
[02:54] | Oh, who is it? | 是谁 |
[02:55] | Another one of your till-dawn-do-us-part relationships? | 又是”直到黎明才离开”的朋友 |
[02:58] | No, twerp. | 不 讨厌的家伙 |
[03:00] | This is a guy who I think really has a chance. | 我觉得跟这个人真的有戏 |
[03:02] | I can sense a lot of chemistry between us. | 能感觉我们之间很有化学反应 |
[03:04] | – Morris! – Hi. | – Morris – 你好 |
[03:06] | Dear God! When did you two even get out of my sight? | 天啊 你俩都没离开我的视线 怎么勾搭上的 |
[03:09] | You blacked out for 30 seconds after he gave you the shot. | 他上次给你打针之后 你晕过去了30秒 |
[03:13] | Well, no one is budging. | 没有人要走 |
[03:14] | We could be here forever. | 我们要永远站在这里了 |
[03:15] | Well, Niles, I suppose we could share a table. | Niles 我想我们可以拼个桌 |
[03:20] | There’s a couple of seats available there. | 那边还有些座位 |
[03:23] | Oh, good Lord. We can’t sit with strange women. | 天呐 我们不能和陌生的女人一起坐 |
[03:26] | Why not? We married strange women. | 为什么 我们都和陌生女人结过婚了 |
[03:28] | It’s– I know. | 这个 |
[03:30] | – Really, I’m not in the mood. – You know, just try to relax. | – 我现在没心情 – 试试放松下 |
[03:32] | Do you good to do something spontaneous for a change. Come on. | 顺其自然会对你有帮助的 来吧 |
[03:35] | Yeah, I just– I just– I wouldn’t know what to say. | 我只是 我 我不知道要说什么 |
[03:37] | – And besides, I’m a married man. – Oh, Niles, please. | – 再说我已婚了 – Niles 拜托 |
[03:40] | When will you get rid of that tired old excuse, | 你什么时候才能放弃那个烦人的借口 |
[03:42] | your off-again, off-again relationship with Maris? Come on. | 你和Maris分分合合的关系 来吧 |
[03:46] | Hello, ladies. Excuse me. | 女士们 不好意思 |
[03:48] | Would you mind terribly if we joined you | 你们介不介意我们坐在这儿 |
[03:50] | until another table opens up? | 有空位了再走 |
[03:52] | Oh, please do. | 请坐 |
[03:53] | Oh, thank you so much. That’s very kind. | 非常感谢 你们真好 |
[03:56] | I’m Frasier, and this gentleman | 我是Frasier 这位 |
[03:58] | dusting for fingerprints is my brother, Niles. | 收集指纹的仁兄是我弟弟Niles |
[04:02] | I’m Laura, and this is Beth. | 我是Laura 这位是Beth |
[04:04] | – Hello. – Nice to meet you. | – 你好 – 很高兴认识你 |
[04:05] | Laura Niles Beth Niles Laura. Niles. Beth. Niles. | |
[04:09] | What do you two ladies do? | 两位女士是做什么的 |
[04:11] | Oh, you don’t wanna hear about it. | 估计你不会感兴趣的 |
[04:15] | – Well… – Why don’t we? | – 怎么呢 – 为什么呢 |
[04:16] | Oh, it’s just boring. To the guys, anyway. | 很无趣的 对男士来说 |
[04:19] | Their eyes just glaze over when the subject comes up. | 一提起这个话题 他们眼神就呆滞了 |
[04:22] | Oh, come on, come on. | 说说吧 |
[04:23] | We’re not your average bozos off the street. | 我们可不是街上那些寻常的男人 |
[04:25] | Why don’t you try us. | 不信可以试试 |
[04:27] | We design kitchens. | 我们设计厨房 |
[04:32] | On the contrary, I am always ready to debate the merits | 正相反 我一直想讨论 |
[04:35] | of the downdraft cook tops and ceramic-tile backsplashes. | 下吸式灶台和瓷砖后挡板的优点 |
[04:39] | Whoa. Whose little boy are you? | 哇 你是谁家的小可爱啊 |
[04:43] | As in just the mention | 顺便提一句 |
[04:44] | of a double-bowl stainless-steel sink | 不锈钢双水槽洗碗池 |
[04:46] | with integral drainboards | 加上完整的滴水板 |
[04:48] | makes me hum like a subzero freezer. | 让我满意得像低温冰箱一样哼哼 |
[04:52] | You know, I think the key to a good kitchen is comfort. | 我认为好厨房的关键就是舒适 |
[04:56] | Well, that’s a whole current trend, | 这是现在的趋势 |
[04:58] | a living-room feel in the kitchen. | 有客厅感觉的厨房 |
[05:00] | Except, of course, with our father, | 当然除了我们的父亲 |
[05:01] | who favors a kitchen feel in the living room. | 喜欢有厨房感觉的客厅 |
[05:05] | That’s funny. | 真有趣 |
[05:09] | You’re very witty. | 你真幽默 |
[05:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:13] | – Look, Niles, a table’s opened up. – No, don’t. Stay. | – Niles 有个空位了 – 别走 |
[05:15] | Yeah, this is fun. | 是啊 这挺好玩的 |
[05:17] | Well, yes, it is fun, isn’t it, Niles? | 很有趣 不是么Niles |
[05:20] | Well, I told you it would be. | 我早跟你说过了 |
[05:23] | Why don’t I go get us some coffees. | 我去拿些咖啡 |
[05:25] | Uh, you know. I, uh. I uh… | 呃 那个 我 |
[05:30] | I’ll help. | 去帮他 |
[05:33] | I knew you’d panic. | 我就知道你会紧张 |
[05:34] | Well, I’m sorry. This is still a little new for me. | 不好意思 我还不太适应 |
[05:37] | And besides, those two are coming on to us. | 那两位很主动啊 |
[05:39] | – You know, they are very attractive. – I know. | – 她们很有魅力 – 我也觉得 |
[05:41] | Maybe we should ask them out. | 我们应该约她们出去 |
[05:44] | On a date? We just met. | 去约会 可我们才刚认识 |
[05:47] | Good point, Niles. | 说得对 Niles |
[05:47] | Perhaps we should go out with them a few more times | 或许我们应该跟她们多出去几次 |
[05:49] | before we ask them on a date. | 再约她们出去约会 |
[05:52] | I just mean it seems a little rash. | 我只是觉得有点太快了 |
[05:55] | Well, that’s exactly why we should do it. | 这就是为什么我们要这么做 |
[05:57] | We’re being spontaneous today. It will do us good. | 让一切顺其自然 这样有好处的 |
[05:59] | I am enjoying this, and… | 我很享受这个 然后 |
[06:01] | All right, I’ll do it. Oh, but wait! | 好 就这么做 但是等一下 |
[06:04] | We’re making an assumption here. | 我们做个假设 |
[06:06] | We could both be interested in the same woman. | 如果我们对同一个女人感兴趣怎么办 |
[06:08] | Good Lord, I hadn’t thought of that. | 天啊 我还没想到 |
[06:10] | All right, I’ll declare… | 好吧 我先声明 |
[06:12] | …I’m interested in Beth. | 我对Beth有兴趣 |
[06:14] | Good, good. We really dodged a bullet there. | 很好 那就逃过一劫了 |
[06:16] | – Oh, which one’s Beth? – Oh, it’s this one here. | – 呃 哪个是Beth – 靠这边这个 |
[06:19] | – Great! – Okay. | – 太好了 – 好嘞 |
[06:24] | – And here we are. – Yeah. | – 这就到啦 – 是啊 |
[06:26] | Oh, Frasier, what a great apartment. | Frasier 这公寓真不错 |
[06:29] | Well, it’s just a little something I threw together. | 我只是随便摆了几样东西而已 |
[06:31] | You know, an objet here, an antique there. | 这一个东西 那一个古董 |
[06:36] | And there’s the chair. | 这还有这种椅子 |
[06:38] | Wow, he wasn’t kidding. | 看来随便摆放东西是真的 |
[06:41] | – Oh, hi! – Dad. | – 你好 – 爸 |
[06:42] | Dad, meet Beth Armstrong and Laura Paris. | 爸 这是Beth Armstrong和Laura Paris |
[06:46] | – Martin Crane. – How are you? | – Martin Crane – 你们好吗 |
[06:47] | Please have a seat. Sit down. Yeah. | 快请坐下 请坐 |
[06:49] | So you’ve been out on a double date, huh? | 你们一起去了四人约会哈 |
[06:52] | Well, sort of. | 差不多吧 |
[06:53] | We met this afternoon, and the next thing we knew, | 我们今天下午认识的 然后 |
[06:55] | your sons were taking us out to dinner | 你的儿子就带我们去吃晚饭 |
[06:57] | and then to the Seattle Rep. | 然后去了西雅图话剧院 |
[06:59] | What’d you see? | 你们看了什么 |
[07:00] | The Man Who Came to Dinner. | <来蹭饭的人> |
[07:01] | It’s about a bad-tempered invalid | 是个关于一个坏脾气的病号 |
[07:02] | that moves into these people’s house | 搬到别人家里 |
[07:04] | and just drives them crazy. | 把人搞崩溃的故事 |
[07:07] | – Comedy? – I used to think so. | – 是喜剧吗 – 我之前觉得是 |
[07:11] | Well, Mr. Smart-Aleck, | 自作聪明先生 |
[07:12] | as a matter of fact, I was just about to do a favor for you. | 事实上 我正想给你做点好事 |
[07:15] | Sherry and I can’t make it to the mountains this weekend, | 我和Sherry这周去不了山上了 |
[07:17] | and the cabin’s already paid for. | 但是小屋的钱已经付了 |
[07:19] | I thought maybe you’d like to use it. | 我想你可能想去 |
[07:20] | Oh, thank you, Dad. | 谢谢 爸 |
[07:22] | But Laura and I have plans to go to the symphony. | 但是我和Laura计划要去听交响乐 |
[07:24] | How about you, Niles? | 那你呢 Niles |
[07:26] | Beth and I are attending an art opening. | 我和Beth要去个艺术开幕式 |
[07:27] | Well, if you hear of anybody… | 好吧 如果你们知道谁想去 |
[07:29] | Nice meeting you, ladies. | 很高兴见到你们 女士们 |
[07:31] | I’m really glad the boys brought you over. | 很高兴他们把你们带过来 |
[07:33] | And it’s been a long time since I said that and meant it. | 我已经很长时间没真心说过这句话了 |
[07:37] | Well, Dad wasn’t really thrilled with the women we married. | 我爸不是很喜欢跟我们之前的结婚对象 |
[07:41] | Yes. Fortunately, my taste has improved a lot since then. | 是的 不过很幸运 我的品味提升了很多 |
[07:44] | I think your taste is fabulous. | 我认为你特有品味 |
[07:46] | I’m referring to the brandy, of course. | 当然我是指白兰地 |
[07:49] | Velvety texture, great body. | 天鹅绒般的内涵 滋味醇厚 |
[07:52] | I’m not. | 我说的可不是白兰地 |
[07:55] | Well, in honor of what happened today, a toast. | 为了庆祝今天发生的事情 举杯 |
[07:59] | To winging it. | 敬顺其自然的发展 |
[08:03] | What greater thrill is there than going down an unknown path, | 在一条未知的路上走是多么令人激动 |
[08:07] | not quite sure where it will lead. | 不确定它指向何处 |
[08:09] | Just enjoying the way that path wends and | 享受向前的感觉 |
[08:13] | and, and, uh… | 还有 还有 |
[08:14] | And what it looks like and, and where it goes off to, | 还有它的长相和指向去哪 |
[08:21] | Perhaps you should have left a trail of bread crumbs | 或许你在举杯前 |
[08:23] | before you started down that toast. | 该留下面包屑当线索 |
[08:29] | You know, Frasier, I hate to see you miss a weekend in the country | Frasier 我不想你因为和我去听交响乐 |
[08:32] | just to take me to the symphony. | 错过去乡村过周末的机会 |
[08:33] | We can go next week. | 我们可以下周去 |
[08:34] | Wait a minute. I have a thought. | 等一下 我有个主意 |
[08:36] | Spirit of spontaneity has carried us this far. | 顺其自然的力量已经把我们带到那么远了 |
[08:39] | Why don’t we postpone our plans | 我们为啥不延迟计划 |
[08:40] | and all go to the cabin together this weekend. | 这周末一起去那个小屋呢 |
[08:44] | – I’d love that. – Sounds like fun. | – 好啊 – 听起来很有趣 |
[08:47] | Well, then, it’s settled. | 就这么决定了 |
[08:49] | Saturday morning we ride the high country. | 星期六一早我们向乡村出发 |
[08:53] | Say, you two have been here five minutes, | 你们才到这五分钟 |
[08:55] | you haven’t seen Frasier’s kitchen yet. | 还没看到Frasier的厨房呢 |
[08:56] | There’s really nothing special– | 那真没什么特别的 |
[08:58] | Let’s let the professionals judge that. | 让专业人士点评吧 |
[09:00] | I am kind of curious to take a peek. | 我有点好奇 去偷看下 |
[09:01] | Well, peek away. Peek away. | 偷看去吧 |
[09:03] | Yes, someday, when you speak of his faux-granite countertops, | 如果有一天你要谈到他的人造花岗岩台面 |
[09:06] | and you will, | 我觉得你一定会的 |
[09:08] | be kind. | 嘴下留情吧 |
[09:10] | You are so funny. | 你真有趣 |
[09:15] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[09:16] | Well, things are going rather fast. | 事情发展得有点快 |
[09:18] | Just going out this evening was a big step, | 约会已经是很大一步了 |
[09:20] | but something that involves packing a suitcase, | 如果牵扯到打包行李 |
[09:22] | and given my situation, I can’t– | 从我的情况来看 我不能 |
[09:23] | Niles Niles. | |
[09:24] | When are you gonna stop letting Maris be an anchor in your social life? | 你什么时候才能把Maris当锚一样抛掉 |
[09:27] | That’s the most tortured metaphor you’ve come up with. | 这是你说过的最扭曲的比喻了 |
[09:29] | – Maris, an anchor? – Oh, please, Niles. | – Maris 一个锚 – 拜托 Niles |
[09:31] | Well, the woman is light weight, for God’s sake. | 那个女人很轻的 老天 |
[09:34] | Oh, just stop it. You’re changing the subject. | 停 你跑题了 |
[09:36] | This afternoon, for the first time in your life, | 今天下午 在你生命中第一次 |
[09:38] | a perfectly lovely woman whom you don’t even know | 一个可爱的陌生女人 |
[09:41] | has agreed to go away with you on a weekend. | 同意跟你一起去过周末 |
[09:44] | Isn’t that exactly the kind of scenario you’ve always dreamed of? | 这不是你一直梦寐以求的场景么 |
[09:49] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:53] | And if you pass it up, won’t you regret it? | 如果你错过了 不会后悔么 |
[09:57] | Yes. | 会的 |
[09:59] | Well, then, for once in your timid, risk-free life, | 就这一次 在你胆小的零风险生活中 |
[10:04] | don’t you think it’s time you grabbed for that brass ring? | 你不觉得是时候抓住机会了么 |
[10:08] | It’s a great kitchen, Frasier. | Frasier 厨房真不错 |
[10:09] | You guys feel like firing up the cappuccino maker? | 你们要打开卡布奇诺机了吗 |
[10:11] | Yes! | 是的 |
[10:15] | Of course, if I have that much caffeine at this hour, it’ll probably be– | 不过 如果我这个点摄取太多咖啡因 就会 |
[10:18] | Yes! | 当然 |
[10:25] | Ah, there we are. | 我们到了 |
[10:27] | After you, ladies. | 女士优先 |
[10:29] | Oh, this place is perfect. | 这地方真是完美 |
[10:32] | And don’t you just love this air? | 你不喜欢这的空气么 |
[10:33] | Oh, I am going to sleep like a baby. | 我会睡得像个小孩一样 |
[10:36] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[10:37] | Jeez, I hope you two don’t mind roughing it. | 希望你们不要在意条件简陋 |
[10:40] | There’s no radio or television. | 既没有电视也没收音机 |
[10:41] | Well, I guess we’ll just have to make our own entertainment. | 我们可能要自己创造娱乐活动了 |
[10:44] | We should be able to manage that. | 我们可以的 |
[10:46] | Come on, let’s go look around outside. | 我们去外面瞧瞧 |
[10:49] | We’ll start the fire, and we’ll be right out. | 我们要开始点火了 然后就出去 |
[10:51] | – Yes. – Okay. | – 好 – 好 |
[10:53] | Well, Niles, I think things are going rather well, don’t you? | Niles 我觉得事情发展得特别好 |
[10:56] | Yes, they are, and thank you for twisting my arm. | 没错 还好你让我做了正确的选择 |
[10:58] | Feel like a new man, do you? | 感觉像(想要)个新的男人一样 |
[11:00] | I feel like a new woman, | 我想要个全新的女人 |
[11:01] | and thank God I remembered to pack one. | 感谢上苍我记得带了一个 |
[11:07] | You know, I just wish I were | 我希望我能确定 |
[11:09] | sure that Beth and I were on the same page. | Beth和我想法一致 |
[11:11] | I’ve forgotten how to read all the signals. | 我都忘了怎么解读暗示了 |
[11:13] | Niles, you don’t need a decoder ring to understand the phrase | Niles 你不需要解码器就能解读了 |
[11:16] | – “Make our own entertainment.” – I know. | – “创造我们自己的娱乐活动” – 我知道 |
[11:19] | Then again, there was that other statement about | 还有那句 |
[11:21] | sleeping like a baby. | “睡得像个孩子一样” |
[11:23] | Exactly. They could be thinking platonic. | 没错 她们可能想和我们保持纯友谊 |
[11:26] | The two of them in one room sleeping like babies. | 她们俩在一个房间里 睡得像孩子 |
[11:28] | The two of us in another crying like babies. | 我们两个在另一间屋子 哭得像孩子 |
[11:32] | Well, we’re all adults. | 我们都是成人了 |
[11:34] | I suppose we could just ask them what they have in mind. | 我们可以直接问她们是怎么想的 |
[11:37] | That’d be the worst thing we could do. | 那是个最坏的选择 |
[11:37] | What if they’re not interested? | 如果她们不这么想的话 |
[11:39] | Then we’d all be embarrassed. | 我们就全尴尬了 |
[11:40] | It would ruin the entire weekend. | 整个周末就全毁了 |
[11:42] | I know. Their luggage will tell us. | 有主意了 她们的行李箱会告诉我们的 |
[11:46] | We’ll put my bag in with your date’s | 把我的包跟你对象的包放在一起 |
[11:47] | and your bag in with my date’s. | 把你的跟我对象的放在一起 |
[11:50] | They’ll see the mistake. | 她们发现放错了 |
[11:52] | – Right. – How they correct it will tell | – 没错 – 她们的改正方式就能告诉我们 |
[11:53] | with whom they were | 她们打算跟我们 |
[11:54] | planning to spend the night, each other or us. | 还是她们自己度过夜晚 |
[11:56] | And either way, it’ll all look like a misunderstanding. | 不管怎么改 都会看起来像个误会 |
[11:59] | You’ve done this before! | 你之前干过这事 |
[12:02] | Only on my honeymoon. Now, hurry. | 只在蜜月的时候 快 |
[12:06] | Niles, this is idiotic. | Niles 这太蠢了 |
[12:07] | We’re both trained psychiatrists. | 我们都是受过训练的心理专家 |
[12:09] | Yes, and finally it’s paying off. | 是的 终于派上用场了 |
[12:12] | – Oh, Frasier, this place is heaven. – Yes. | – Frasier 这地方像天堂一样 – 是啊 |
[12:15] | Why don’t we open up a bottle of wine and watch the sunset? | 我们为什么不开瓶红酒看日落呢 |
[12:19] | You know, the sun won’t be setting for a little while yet. | 太阳还得等会才落山呢 |
[12:23] | Just think how much more we’ll enjoy it | 如果先收拾行李 |
[12:24] | if we got all our unpacking done first. | 再欣赏 会多心情舒畅 |
[12:27] | Oh, that can wait. | 那个可以等 |
[12:30] | By the way, Beth and I were talking, | 另外 我跟Beth还讨论说 |
[12:32] | and I don’t know what you guys had in mind for tonight, | 我们不知道你们今晚打算做什么 |
[12:36] | and sorry if this sounds kind of forward, | 抱歉这听起来太主动了 |
[12:38] | but we would like to avoid an awkward, uncomfortable situation | 但是我们想避免尴尬的情况 |
[12:40] | by getting this out in the open right now. | 所以现在直接说 |
[12:44] | When we go out to dinner tonight, it’s on us. | 今天的晚餐我们请 |
[12:49] | Oh. | 呃 |
[12:50] | – Well, that’s, that’s awfully nice of you. – Very. Yes. | – 呃 那真是 太好了 – 特别好 |
[12:54] | Um, speaking of awkwardness… Um, uh, you know– | 说到尴尬 呃 那个 |
[12:59] | Look at that sunset. | 看那日落啊 |
[13:04] | Are you as crazed by this as I am? | 你现在像我一样抓狂么 |
[13:06] | It’s driving me out of my mind. | 我的脑子都不受控制了 |
[13:07] | All right then. We’re gonna settle this once and for all. | 好吧 我们要一次性解决了 |
[13:10] | Now, just follow my lead. | 跟着我学 |
[13:16] | Yes, that is lovely, isn’t it? | 真好看 不是么 |
[13:23] | It’s magnificent. | 真壮观 |
[13:45] | Not feeling so hot, huh? | 没发烧吧 |
[13:49] | What’d the doctor say? | 医生怎么说 |
[13:51] | He says I’ve got– | 他说我得了 |
[13:52] | Oh, what was that medical term he used? | 那个专业名词怎么说来着 |
[13:55] | Oh, I remember. Flu. | 想起来了 流感 |
[14:00] | God, I’m really sorry I didn’t let you get that flu shot. | 我非常抱歉我没让你打针 |
[14:03] | Is there anything at all that I can do for you? | 有没有什么我能帮忙的 |
[14:06] | Well, when I was a little girl and got sick, | 我小时候如果病了的话 |
[14:09] | Grammy Moon used to read me to sleep. | 我奶奶会读书助我入眠 |
[14:12] | – It was a great comfort. – Oh. | – 很有帮助 – 是吗 |
[14:14] | – Is this what you’re reading? – Mm-hmm. | – 这是你在看的书 – 是啊 |
[14:16] | The Rose and The Rapier? | <玫瑰与十字剑> |
[14:18] | Well, if you’re not in the mood… | 如果你没心思的话 |
[14:28] | – …you don’t have to. – No, no, I’ll do it. | – 你不用的 – 不 我这就给你读 |
[14:31] | – The bookmark’s where I left off. – All right. | – 我读到插书签的位置 – 好的 |
[14:35] | Okay. “With a gasp of dismay, she ran to him, | 好了 “她惊恐地跑向他” |
[14:41] | her amethyst eyes wide with alarm. | “警觉地睁着紫水晶一般的眼睛” |
[14:44] | ‘You fool,’ she hissed, ‘suppose someone saw you? | 你个傻瓜 她轻声的说 想让人看到你吗 |
[14:48] | The duke’s men are everywhere.”‘ | 到处都是公爵的人 |
[14:52] | This isn’t so bad. | 还不错嘛 |
[14:54] | Told you. | 早说了 |
[14:56] | “‘You fool,’ she whispered again, | 傻瓜 她对他耳语道 |
[14:58] | ‘you sweet, brave, wonderful fool. | 你个勇敢甜蜜的小傻瓜 |
[15:01] | I should have died had you not found my bed chamber.”‘ | 如果你找不到我的卧室的话 我会死掉的 |
[15:04] | Oh, jeez. | 天啊 |
[15:09] | “Then she was in his arms, and all her qualms forgotten as she… | 然后她扑到了他的怀中 忘掉了之前的焦虑不安 |
[15:20] | …tore his tunic asunder and… | 她撕碎了他的长袍外衣 然后 |
[15:24] | …thrust her eager lips against the sinews of his naked chest. | 急切地把嘴唇贴到他裸着的胸膛上 |
[15:35] | – The next morning–” – You left out a section. | – 第二天早上 – 你跳过了一节 |
[15:40] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[15:44] | “As his brazen fingers | 他厚颜无耻地用手指 |
[15:46] | peeled the silken fabric from her heaving… | 褪去丝绸 露出她隆起的 |
[15:51] | …bosom… | 胸部 |
[15:57] | …he beheld her quivering alabaster mounds. | 他注视着那颤抖的雪白隆起 |
[16:07] | At that moment, | 就在那一瞬间 |
[16:09] | she felt the proof of his rampant passion | 她感受到了他奔放的激情 |
[16:12] | against her milky thighs. | 抵在她乳白色的大腿间 |
[16:17] | His almost godlike beauty… | 他那像天神一般的美好 |
[16:21] | …was marred only… | 仅仅被 |
[16:25] | …by the fact that he was…” | 事实上他是个 |
[16:28] | Cross-eyed, 3 feet tall | 呼吸如鸟粪一般的 |
[16:31] | and had breath like owl droppings. | 斗鸡眼 侏儒给破坏了 |
[16:40] | Is there anything more relaxing | 还有比这个更放松的么 |
[16:41] | than just lazing by a fire with a glass of wine? | 举着红酒在火旁消磨时光 |
[16:43] | Nothing I know of. | 我是不知道 |
[16:45] | You two must be relaxed, | 你们两个一定很放松 |
[16:47] | sitting there so calmly | 那么从容地坐在那 |
[16:49] | when there’s still all that unpacking to do. | 明明还有行李要收拾 |
[16:54] | Niles, we didn’t bring that much. | Niles 我们没带那么多 |
[16:56] | Yeah, we didn’t think we’d need too many clothes this weekend. | 是啊 我们觉得这周末用不着太多衣服 |
[17:02] | Well, I hate to break things up, but I’m getting a little sleepy, | 我不想破坏气氛 但是我有点困了 |
[17:05] | so I’m gonna get ready for bed. | 我要上床了 |
[17:06] | Yeah, it is getting kind of late. | 是有点晚了 |
[17:08] | – You finished with that? – Oh, yes, yes. | – 你喝完了么 – 啊 是的 |
[17:14] | Niles Niles. | |
[17:16] | I can’t take this anymore. | 我受不了了 |
[17:17] | These women are as inscrutable as sphinxes. | 这两个女人像狮身人面像一样高深莫测 |
[17:19] | Yes. Since we got here, all they’ve done | 从我们到这里开始她们所做的一切 |
[17:21] | is sent us the most veiled, cloaked, cryptic messages. | 就是给我们最含蓄 隐晦 神秘的讯息 |
[17:24] | Can’t they just give us one clear signal? | 她们就不能明示吗 |
[17:26] | Well, I’m off to bed. Niles, are you coming? | 我要上床了 Niles 一起么 |
[17:35] | – Curse these infernal riddles. – Niles! | – 诅咒她那些从地狱来的谜语 – Niles |
[17:42] | So she really said what I thought she said? | 她说的是我想的那个意思么 |
[17:43] | Yes! Go! | 是的 去啊 |
[17:46] | Suitcase. Suitcase. | 旅行包 包 |
[17:49] | And there you are. | 在这呢 |
[17:51] | – Sleep well. – Oh, you too. | – 睡个好觉 – 你也是 |
[17:57] | Niles, what are you doing? | Niles 你在干嘛 |
[18:00] | Oh, uh, never mind. | 啊 没事 |
[18:01] | Yes, is Mrs. Crane there? | 是的 Crane夫人在么 |
[18:03] | Yes, I’ll hold. | 可以 我等着 |
[18:04] | What is that, some sort of weird, kinky foreplay? | 这是啥 你变态古怪的前戏吗 |
[18:09] | – I’m starting to feel guilty about this. – Now? | – 我开始觉得有罪恶感了 – 现在 |
[18:11] | I’m sorry, I just need to clarify the ground rules | 不好意思 我只是想搞清楚 |
[18:13] | of Maris and my separation. | 我和Maris分居的基本规定 |
[18:15] | Oh, fine, fine, | 好吧 |
[18:16] | I think you may look back on this one day as your darkest hour, | 有一天回首 你会发现这是你人生中最黑暗的时刻 |
[18:19] | but you do what you want to. | 不过你爱干嘛干嘛 |
[18:22] | Yes, Maris. Uh, It occurred to me, uh, you know, | 是的 Maris 我突然想到 |
[18:25] | we, we, uh, never laid out the rules | 我们 从来没有约定规矩 |
[18:28] | about our dating other people | 关于跟其他人约会 |
[18:29] | – and what we could and couldn’t– – Niles, what are you doing? | – 什么可以做 什么不行 – Niles 你在干嘛 |
[18:32] | Coming. | 就来 |
[18:34] | I– Well, no, here, here’s the thing. | 我 嗯 是这样的 |
[18:36] | I, I know that we’re allowed to see other people. | 我知道我们可以跟别人约会 |
[18:39] | Uh, my question is, how much of them are we allowed to see? | 问题是 我们能跟他们的多大部分见面 |
[18:48] | Oh, be right with you. | 马上就来 |
[18:52] | I’m sorry, what? | 不好意思 啥 |
[18:55] | Oh, really? Oh, well, that’s wonderful. | 真的 啊 太好了 |
[18:57] | That’s, that’s, that’s all I needed to know. Thank you. | 这就是我想知道的 谢啦 |
[19:06] | – Yes? – You were wrong. | – 怎么了 – 你错了 |
[19:08] | Maris says she doesn’t mind at all. Ah! | Maris说她根本无所谓 |
[19:11] | Well, then, off you go. | 那就 快去吧 |
[19:16] | Let the revels begin. | 狂欢开始吧 |
[19:38] | What? What? | 干嘛 干嘛 |
[19:40] | Why doesn’t Maris mind at all? | 为什么Maris一点都不在意 |
[19:42] | What’s going on? | 又怎么了 |
[19:43] | Nothing. Just a second. | 没事 就一会 |
[19:45] | It’s Niles. I’ll be a moment. | 是Niles 我马上来 |
[19:48] | Why do you care? | 你为什么要在意 |
[19:49] | Well, because she could’ve taken a lover herself, | 她有可能已经有个情人了 |
[19:51] | and this is her way of alleviating her guilt. | 她是在减轻罪恶感 |
[19:54] | Okay, Niles, what do you wanna do? | Niles 你到底想干嘛 |
[19:55] | You wanna stew over that all night? | 你打算整晚都为这个烦恼么 |
[19:57] | Let her have all the fun? | 让她一个人开心去 |
[19:59] | Well, no. No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[20:00] | Well, then, off you go. | 这不就得了 |
[20:22] | – Niles? – Uh, momentito. | – Niles – 稍等一下下 |
[20:27] | Hello. Yes, Maris. | 你好 是我 Maris |
[20:30] | Well, I see, but– | 我懂 但是 |
[20:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:40] | Yes? | 干嘛 |
[20:42] | – Frasier? – I’ll just be a second. | – Frasier – 我马上就回来 |
[20:46] | She’s changed her mind. | 她改主意了 |
[20:47] | She doesn’t want me to go through with it. | 她不想让我做了 |
[20:49] | Do you realize what’s happening here? | 你知道这意味什么吗 |
[20:51] | Yes. Your ex-wife is ruining my sex life! Give me that! | 知道 你前妻在毁我的性生活 拿给我 |
[20:57] | Could I…? Uh, I… | 我可以 呃 我 |
[21:00] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[21:05] | What–? What are you doing? | 你干嘛 |
[21:07] | What if she changed her mind again? | 如果她又改主意了呢 |
[21:09] | How am I suppose to know what she thinks? | 我上哪知道去 |
[21:10] | I am going to say this just one last time. | 我再说最后一次 |
[21:12] | This weekend is not about thinking. It’s about doing. | 这周末不是关于想 是关于做 |
[21:16] | Doing something that the Crane boys haven’t done | 做一些Crane家男孩 |
[21:18] | for a very, very long time. | 很长时间都没做的事 |
[21:22] | For once in our miserable, sex-starved lives, | 就那么一次 在我们悲惨的性饥渴人生中 |
[21:26] | can’t we do something pleasurable without thinking it to death? | 我们就不能只享乐 而不玩命地去思量 |
[21:30] | Don’t think about today. | 别顾虑今天 |
[21:31] | Don’t think about what’s right. | 别顾虑什么是对的 |
[21:33] | Don’t even think of them as Laura and Beth. | 甚至别想她们是Laura和Beth |
[21:35] | For tonight, they are just two live, | 今晚 她们只是两个鲜活的 |
[21:37] | breathing, available female bodies | 喘着气的 送上门来的女性身躯 |
[21:39] | who want us! | 她们想要我们 |
[21:42] | Think again. | 那就再想想 |
[21:59] | Do you remember which snow bank you threw my phone into? | 你记得把我的手机扔到哪个雪堆了么 |
[22:02] | Oh, I think I could hit it again. | 我还能再扔一次 |
[22:04] | Frasier Frasier Frasier Frasier. Frasier. Frasier! |