时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Oh dear, your chair’s got another big rip in the bottom. | 天呐 你那椅子下面又裂了一道大口子 |
[00:13] | Where? | 哪里 |
[00:14] | Hand me my reupholstery kit, would you? | 请帮我拿一下专业修理工具 |
[00:17] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[00:19] | Oh, Dr. Crane, don’t you look smart. | Crane医生 今天打扮得很精神嘛 |
[00:22] | I don’t feel smart. | 我人可不精神 |
[00:24] | I’ve let Roz set me up on another one of her blind dates. | Roz又给我安排了一次相亲 |
[00:27] | – Who’s the lucky woman? – Oh, a friend from her aerobics class. | – 是谁这么走运啊 – 和她一起上有氧课的朋友 |
[00:30] | Well, perhaps it won’t be too bad. She’s 32, has a terrific body, | 说不定也没有那么糟糕 她32岁 身材很不错 |
[00:34] | apparently thinks I’m God’s gift to broadcasting. | 而且她觉得我是上天恩赐给广播界的天才 |
[00:36] | Well, at least you have one thing in common. | 起码你们有一个共同话题了 |
[00:41] | When will you stop blighting the environment with this atrocity? | 你还要残害我公寓的格调多久 |
[00:44] | My God, can’t you see that it wants to die? | 天呐 你看不出它想了此残生了吗 |
[00:46] | Let it go. | 就让它去吧 |
[00:49] | You know, I keep having this dream where you say the same words, | 我经常做梦 梦到你说这句话 |
[00:51] | only I’m in the hospital, | 不过在梦里面 我住在医院 |
[00:53] | and you’re slipping the nurse a 20. | 而你偷偷塞给护士20块 |
[00:56] | – Dad, that will never happen. – Thank you. | – 老爸 不会发生这种事的 – 谢谢 |
[00:58] | I have medical power of attorney. It won’t cost me a thing. | 我是你的医疗行为代理人 根本不用浪费这个钱 |
[01:03] | – Niles. – Hello, Frasier. | – Niles – 你好啊 Frasier |
[01:05] | We were in the neighborhood for a pedicure and a seaweed wrap | 我们正好在这附近做足部和海藻全身护理 |
[01:07] | and we thought we’d stop by. | 所以顺道过来看看你们 |
[01:10] | – Of course, the pedicure was for– – Stop right there. | – 当然咯 足部护理是 – 你给我打住 |
[01:13] | There’s no way to finish that sentence that’ll make me proud. | 接下来不管你怎么说 我都长不了脸 |
[01:18] | I have some wonderful news. | 我有个好消息 |
[01:20] | I just signed a lease for an apartment | 我刚租了一间公寓 |
[01:22] | in one of the most exclusive buildings in Seattle. | 那可是西雅图最高端的住宅之一哦 |
[01:25] | – You don’t mean…? – I do. | – 你说的不会是 – 就是 |
[01:26] | As of next week, I will be a resident of The Montana. | 下周起 我就成为蒙大拿住宅区的住户了 |
[01:30] | Niles, why would you even want to live in such a stodgy building? | Niles 你怎么会想住在这种庸俗势利的社区 |
[01:33] | When I applied there they treated me like riffraff. | 我上次申请的时候 他们把我当下等人给打发了 |
[01:35] | Well, if you’re gonna ask and answer your own questions, | 如果你老是自问自答的话 |
[01:37] | what do you need me for? | 还问我干嘛 |
[01:40] | The best part is I’ll never have to give my address again. | 最大的好处就是 以后我再不用自报家门了 |
[01:43] | From now on, I’ll simply be Dr. Niles Crane, The Montana. | 以后我只要说 我是Niles Crane医生 蒙大拿住户 |
[01:47] | That’s a lovely building. | 那栋公寓楼很不错的 |
[01:49] | I’ve only been there once, applying for a job. | 我上次找工作的时候去过一次 |
[01:51] | I can’t imagine anyone turning down a chance to hire you. | 竟然有人会不请你 真是不敢相信 |
[01:54] | Well, I hope you’re right. I haven’t heard yet. | 最好大家都这么想 他们还没给我答复呢 |
[01:56] | Well, good night. | 晚安啦 |
[02:01] | – Hey, Frasier, you don’t think she–? – Just relax, Dad. | – 嘿 Frasier 她该不会是 – 别紧张 老爸 |
[02:03] | It’s just her way of angling for more vacation time. | 她不过是想多要几天假期罢了 |
[02:06] | But what if she isn’t? | 如果不是呢 |
[02:08] | Well, they’d still have to call me for a reference. | 反正他们肯定会找我做她的背景调查 |
[02:09] | Either way, she’s not going anywhere. | 不管怎么样 她想走可没门儿 |
[02:12] | Gosh, that’s uncanny, dad. | 真是不可思议啊 老爸 |
[02:14] | – What is? – The way she’s taken with you. | – 怎么了 – 看她多喜欢你啊 |
[02:16] | Look at that. She’s absolutely mesmerized. | 你看呀 她被你迷得七荤八素了 |
[02:23] | – She is not. – Oh, she is. | – 才没有呢 – 当然有 |
[02:25] | She’s just playing hard to get. | 她只不过是在装矜持 |
[02:27] | Go to Grandpa. Go to Grandpa. Go to Grandpa. | 去爷爷那里 去爷爷那里 去爷爷那里 |
[02:30] | Oh, hello, Grandpa. Oh, yes. Oh. | 你好啊 爷爷 这就对啦 |
[02:31] | Isn’t she warm and cuddly? | 是不是暖暖的 抱着很舒服啊 |
[02:33] | Boy, I can see I’m going to have a tough time tearing the two of you apart. | 天呐 看来我要花很大力气才能把你们俩分开呢 |
[02:36] | You know, I’m gonna go out on a limb here. | 让我大胆猜猜看哈 |
[02:38] | The Montana doesn’t accept pets, does it? | 蒙大拿不许养宠物 是不是 |
[02:40] | On the contrary, they welcome them. | 恰恰相反 他们特别欢迎宠物 |
[02:42] | Just not cats or dogs. | 只是不欢迎猫和狗而已 |
[02:45] | Well, then you’re in luck, | 那算你运气好了 |
[02:46] | because I don’t know what the hell this thing is. | 因为我一点看不出这家伙算是个什么动物 |
[02:49] | There’s no way that dog is moving in here with us. | 这狗绝对不能来和我们住 |
[02:51] | Oh, Please. Please. At least if she’s here, I’ll be able to visit her. | 拜托 拜托了 她待在这里 我至少还能来看她 |
[02:54] | I… I cannot turn her over to strangers. She worships me. | 我 我不能把她交给陌生人 她可崇拜我了 |
[02:56] | Oh, please. | 别闹了 |
[02:58] | You must realize that that dog has no genuine affection for you. | 你搞搞清楚 这只狗对你根本没有真感情 |
[03:01] | You only pretend that she does | 你这么欺骗自己 |
[03:02] | because she’s a canine substitute for Maris. | 只是因为她是Maris的犬类替代品 |
[03:08] | That is the most absurd psychobabble I have ever heard. | 真是荒谬 你少给我乱用心理学词汇 |
[03:12] | She’s high-strung, cold to the touch and ignores you. | 她总是高度紧张 态度冷淡 对你不理不睬 |
[03:14] | My God, stand her upright, take ten pounds off her, | 天呐 让她直起身来 减掉个十磅 |
[03:16] | put her in a Chanel suit, what have you got? | 再穿套香奈儿 你看看她像谁 |
[03:21] | – I’m sorry, that’s ridiculous. – Is it really? All right, here. | – 对不起 但你这是无稽之谈 – 是嘛 好啊 来 |
[03:24] | Remember the little pillbox hat that Maris wore to the Duchamps wedding? | 还记得Maris参加Duchamps婚礼戴的那顶圆礼帽吧 |
[03:28] | Yes, well, I… | 就这样 来 |
[03:41] | – Good morning. – Hey, Frasier. | – 早啊 – 嘿 Frasier |
[03:43] | So how did it go with Rita last night? | 昨天和Rita处得怎么样啊 |
[03:45] | She didn’t quite take to me. | 她对我没什么意思 |
[03:47] | Oh, you’re just being hard on yourself like you always are. | 你又来了 你怎么老是对自己这么没信心呢 |
[03:50] | You tell me. | 那你觉得呢 |
[03:51] | Over appetizers, she suddenly | 刚吃完前菜 |
[03:53] | realized she had a very early morning meeting, | 她突然想起来明天一早就要开会 |
[03:55] | suggested that we skip the jazz club after dinner. | 说吃完饭以后不去爵士乐酒吧了 |
[03:58] | People have meetings. | 要开会很正常啊 |
[03:59] | When the waiter suggested a souffle for dessert? | 服务员问要不要来个舒芙蕾当饭后甜点 |
[04:01] | That would take an extra 30 minutes, | 需要再等个30分钟 |
[04:02] | she said, “Oh, dear God, no.” | 她说 “天呐 绝对不要” |
[04:06] | She was probably on a diet. | 她说不定在减肥啊 |
[04:09] | After I dropped her off at home, | 等我送她回家以后 |
[04:10] | I noticed that she’d left her suede jacket in my car. | 发现她把山羊皮夹克忘在我车上了 |
[04:13] | I called to offer to swing it by, | 我打电话去问她 要不要给她送去 |
[04:14] | and she said, and I quote, “Just keep it.” | 她回答说 原话哦 “你留着吧” |
[04:19] | – What did you do to her? – Nothing. | – 你怎么人家了 – 我什么都没干呀 |
[04:21] | God, Roz, I have had it. | 天呐 Roz 我真的受够了 |
[04:22] | You know, in the past six months I have done | 这六个月来 我为了遇到合适的对象 |
[04:24] | everything a man can possibly do to meet a woman. | 花样百出 费尽心机 |
[04:27] | Singles bars, blind dates, a lecture series at the museum. | 单身酒吧 相亲 展览馆的系列讲座 |
[04:30] | I’ve even spent hours in the grocery store | 我甚至浪费了几个小时 |
[04:32] | trying to look helpless in the produce department. | 在超市的蔬果区装出一副无助的样子 |
[04:35] | That’s it. I’m taking myself off the market. | 够了 我要退出市场 |
[04:37] | Frasier Crane has thumped his last melon. | Frasier Crane锤破他最后的希望了 |
[04:44] | You know, Frasier– | 听我说 Frasier |
[04:45] | Roz, Roz, please, I know what you’re going to say. | Roz Roz 够了 我知道你要说什么 |
[04:47] | I should climb back up on that horse. | 我该重新骑马上阵 |
[04:49] | I’m too great a catch to give up now. | 我这样的黄金单身汉 现在放弃太可惜了 |
[04:51] | – No, I think you should give up. – What? | – 不 我觉得你该放弃了 – 什么 |
[04:55] | Well, I don’t really want to give up. | 我不是真的想放弃 |
[04:57] | I was just saying that to get your sympathy. | 我这么说只是想让你同情下我嘛 |
[05:01] | Look, this happens sometimes. | 这种事情很正常的 |
[05:03] | When you’re on a really bad streak, you start to get desperate. | 当你一直交不上好运的时候 就会开始太过急切 |
[05:06] | Women can sense that. They can smell it. | 女人能感觉到的 她们一闻就闻出来了 |
[05:08] | – Smell it? – Mm-hm. | – 闻出来 – 没错 |
[05:10] | And trust me, when a guy starts to get overeager, | 相信我 当一个男人开始过于热情 |
[05:12] | you know, like complimenting you too much | 比如一天到晚恭维你 |
[05:14] | or laughing too hard at all your jokes, | 不管你说什么笑话 他都会笑个不停 |
[05:15] | you just wanna turn and run. | 只会让你想赶紧掉头跑 |
[05:17] | – I don’t do that. – Oh, honey, | – 我才不会这样呢 – 亲爱的 |
[05:18] | wake up and smell– Well, yourself. | 醒醒吧 赶紧闻闻 闻闻你那股味道吧 |
[05:22] | You just need to air it out a little bit. | 你得把这股味道散一散 |
[05:24] | And in my experience, the minute you stop looking, | 以我的经验来看 等你不再这么急着找了 |
[05:27] | the perfect person falls right in your lap. | 反而那个人会自己送上门来 |
[05:29] | Well, Roz, as much as I appreciate | 好吧 Roz 谢谢你把我 |
[05:31] | you comparing me to a dead squirrel in a heating duct, | 跟加热管上的死松鼠相提并论 |
[05:33] | I think you’re wrong. | 但我觉得你说得不对 |
[05:35] | – Hey, Roz. – Hey. | – 嘿 Roz – 嘿 |
[05:37] | – I got that research you’re looking for. – Great. | – 你要找的资料我帮你拿来了 – 太好了 |
[05:39] | – Hi, Dr. Crane. – Hi. | – 你好 Crane医生 – 嗨 |
[05:41] | Wow, you look really lovely today, Christine. | 你今天真漂亮啊 Christine |
[05:43] | It is Christine, isn’t it? | 你是叫Christine没错吧 |
[05:44] | That’s what it says on my driver’s license. | 至少我的驾照上是这个名字没错 |
[05:49] | That’s very charming. | 真是幽默啊 |
[05:52] | God, I reek, don’t I? | 天呐 我真是一股恶臭啊 |
[05:57] | –with inlay of Philippine mahogany. | 内嵌菲律宾红柳安木 |
[06:00] | And we conclude our little tour back here in the living room. | 然后我们把脚步挪回到客厅 |
[06:04] | Oh, it’s very posh. | 真的很奢华啊 |
[06:06] | Niles, why the bed in the living room? | Niles 怎么有张床摆在客厅 |
[06:08] | It’s not a bed, Dad. It’s an antique fainting couch. | 这不是床 老爸 这是张古董贵妃椅 |
[06:11] | My goodness, they had furniture for everything back then, didn’t they? | 天呐 怎么以前连晕倒都有个专门的家具啊 |
[06:15] | Yeah. | 就是啊 |
[06:17] | Glad you made it. | 你能来真是太好了 |
[06:18] | You know, Niles, | 哼 Niles |
[06:19] | this precious little building isn’t as exclusive as you think. | 你这宝贝小公寓可没你想象中私密性那么高呢 |
[06:22] | Your doorman waved me right through. | 门卫随随便便就放我进来了 |
[06:23] | – Well, that’s because he knows you. – Oh, a fan of my show? | – 那是因为他认识你啊 – 喔 是我节目的粉丝啊 |
[06:26] | No, he lives in your building. | 不 他就住你家那幢楼 |
[06:34] | So, Niles, what’d you do about the dog? | Niles 你的狗怎么样了 |
[06:36] | Oh, I found a wonderful family to adopt her. | 我找了个好人家收养她 |
[06:39] | Well, I’m sure it won’t | 我相信你应该 |
[06:40] | take you long to adjust to being alone again. | 很快就能适应孤单一个人的日子 |
[06:42] | Actually, I won’t have to. Follow me. | 其实 我不需要适应 跟我来 |
[06:44] | There’s someone I’d like you to meet. | 我想让你们见见她 |
[06:45] | It was love at first sight. | 我俩绝对是一见钟情 |
[06:47] | She’s very exotic, only eats every other day, | 她特别有异域风情 两天才吃一次饭 |
[06:50] | and she’s so white, she’s almost blue. | 而且她特别白 白到泛蓝 |
[06:53] | Well, I’m getting nervous. | 我开始紧张了 |
[06:54] | That’s what he said just before he introduced us to Maris. | 当年他带Maris见我们的时候 也是这么说的 |
[07:00] | Everybody… | 各位 |
[07:04] | – …meet Baby. – I love you. | – 来见见Baby – 我爱你 |
[07:07] | You bought a bird? | 你买了只鸟 |
[07:09] | Well, I started to think how quiet it would be around here, | 我就是觉得这里会变得特别安静 |
[07:11] | and, well, she is lovely, and she’s so affectionate. | 而她又这么可爱 还特别多情 |
[07:15] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[07:18] | She says that all the time. I love you too, Baby. | 她老是这么说 我也爱你哦 Baby |
[07:22] | I love you, Grandma. | 我爱你 奶奶 |
[07:28] | She’s still in transition from her last owner. | 她刚离开上一个主人 还在过渡期 |
[07:33] | Let go of my shoulder. Let go of my shoulder. | 别抓着我的肩膀 别抓着我的肩膀 |
[07:36] | Don’t like that noise, do you, Baby? | 不喜欢这个声音 是不是 Baby |
[07:37] | Well, here, go to your food. Go to your food. | 好吧 快去吃东西吧 吃东西去吧 |
[07:40] | Oh, good girl. Excuse me. | 好姑娘 失陪一下 |
[07:44] | Oh, you know, I’ve always been fascinated by these birds | 我一直觉得这些鸟特别厉害 |
[07:47] | that can actually learn how to talk. | 真的能说话呢 |
[07:49] | Oh, they can’t talk. They | 它们才不会说话 |
[07:50] | just drill a few words into them at the pet shop, | 不过是在宠物店里强行让它们学那么几个词 |
[07:52] | and then they never learn anything else after that. | 出了宠物店就再也学不会说其他话了 |
[07:54] | It is attractive, though. | 但还是很讨人喜欢啊 |
[07:56] | Yeah, well, that’s the way they are. Cute, but stupid. | 它们本来就是这样嘛 可爱却愚蠢 |
[07:58] | Cute, but stupid. | 可爱却愚蠢 |
[08:02] | Well, Daphne, perhaps we should just leave these two alone. | Daphne 让他们俩单独待会儿吧 |
[08:04] | I sense a real battle of wits shaping up here. | 看来这里得上演一场智慧之战啊 |
[08:09] | Thanks so much. | 非常感谢 |
[08:12] | Well, I’m off to an auspicious start in the building. | 看来我在这幢公寓是出师不利啊 |
[08:15] | One of my neighbors got my mail by mistake. | 我的信不小心送到我的邻居那儿去了 |
[08:17] | Look at those bills. What must she think of me? | 看看这些账单 她该怎么想我啊 |
[08:19] | But, Niles, everybody gets bills. | 但是 Niles 每个人都会收到账单啊 |
[08:20] | Not at The Montana. They all have people. | 蒙大拿的人才不会呢 有人会帮他们收的 |
[08:23] | Yeah. | 是嘛 |
[08:24] | Their bills go to their people. | 账单会送到为他们工作的人手里 |
[08:26] | I want them to think I have people too. | 我希望他们觉得也有人为我服务的 |
[08:29] | I used to have people, only they were Maris’ people. | 曾经也有人为我服务的 不过他们只听Maris的话 |
[08:32] | Niles, you keep this up, you won’t even have the people | Niles 你再唧歪 就连我们这些不关心 |
[08:34] | who don’t care you don’t have people. | 这个话题的人也要失去了 |
[08:36] | It just proves how essential it is to make a good first impression | 你这话恰好证明了 搬进新公寓的时候 |
[08:40] | when you move into a new building. | 给别人的第一印象有多重要 |
[08:41] | Which is why I’m throwing a dinner party Friday night | 所以我这周五晚上要办一个派对 |
[08:43] | for a few select residents. | 挑选几个住客来参加 |
[08:45] | I’ll show them such a good time, | 我一定会办一个出色的派对 |
[08:46] | there’ll be no question I belong here. | 以后就没人怀疑我是否有资格住在这 |
[08:47] | – And I’m invited? – Yes, you are. | – 你会请我吗 – 会请你 |
[08:49] | But I’m afraid you can’t bring a date. | 但是你不能带女伴来 |
[08:50] | You know how I hate a crowded table. | 我最讨厌一桌子人挤作一堆了 |
[08:52] | That’s quite all right. I’ve taken myself off the dating circuit. | 这不是问题 我已经退出相亲市场了 |
[08:55] | Afraid I was getting a bit desperate. | 再这样下去会越来越饥渴 |
[08:57] | Well, I was a bit concerned | 我也担心过 |
[08:58] | when you called to ask | 你竟然打电话来问我 |
[09:00] | if Gloria was our first or second cousin. | Gloria是我们的表亲还是隔代表亲 |
[09:05] | Hey, Niles, you gotta see this. Your bird’s eating peanut butter. | 嘿 Niles 你快来看 你的鸟在吃花生酱 |
[09:08] | It’s even funnier than when Eddie does it. | 比Eddie吃花生酱还要搞笑 |
[09:11] | Dad! | 老爸 |
[09:13] | Frasier, would you get that? And pretend you’re my people. | Frasier 能不能帮我开下门 假装你受雇于我 |
[09:17] | – Hello. – Oh, I’m sorry. | – 你好 – 不好意思 |
[09:20] | I was looking for Dr. Crane. I found some more of his mail. | 我想找Crane医生 我又收到了他的邮件 |
[09:22] | Oh, well, I’m a Dr. Crane. I’m Niles’ brother. | 我也是Crane医生啊 我是Niles的哥哥 |
[09:25] | Oh, my gosh. | 天呐 |
[09:27] | You’re Dr. Frasier Crane from the radio, aren’t you? | 你是Frasier Crane医生 那个电台主持 对不对 |
[09:31] | – Oh, I love your show. – Thank you. | – 我很喜欢听你的节目 – 谢谢 |
[09:35] | – Stephanie Garrett. – Stephanie. | – 我是Stephanie Garrett – Stephanie |
[09:38] | You know, you are not gonna believe this, | 世界真奇妙啊 |
[09:41] | but when I was a freshman at Harvard, | 我在哈佛读大一的时候 |
[09:43] | I saw you perform the Pirate King | 曾经看过你演的 |
[09:46] | in their production of The Pirates of Penzance. | 哈佛版<班战斯的海盗>中的Pirate King |
[09:48] | – Oh, my God. – No, no, no, you were great. | – 天呐 – 不不不 你演得很好 |
[09:50] | I mean, you were so good | 你的表演太精彩了 |
[09:51] | that I brought my husband back to see you the next night. | 第二天我拖着我的老公又去看了一场 |
[09:54] | Well, I mean, he wasn’t my husband then. | 当然咯 那时候他还不是我的老公 |
[09:57] | Well, actually, he’s not my husband now. | 其实 他现在也已经不是我的老公了 |
[09:59] | Oh, well, I’m glad to hear that. | 听你这么说我就开心了 |
[10:01] | Oh, no. That you came back, you know, the second time, | 不 我是说你又看了一场表演的那件事情 |
[10:04] | not that you have an ex-husband. You know, I have one too. | 不是说你有前夫这件事 我也有前夫呢 |
[10:06] | Well, no… | 不对 |
[10:09] | Ex-wife. | 是前妻 |
[10:11] | – My God, is it getting warm in here? – Yeah, a bit. | – 天呐 是不是突然有点热啊 – 是啊 有点 |
[10:14] | – Well, it was nice to meet you. – Right. | – 很高兴认识你 – 我也是 |
[10:18] | Wait. You know, Niles is having a dinner party on Friday | 等一下 Niles周五要办个派对 |
[10:22] | with some of his enchanting new neighbors. | 还有其他友善的新邻居 |
[10:25] | Is there a chance you could join us? | 要不要一起来玩 |
[10:27] | Yes, I think I could, if Niles has room. | 好啊 只要Niles不嫌人多 |
[10:30] | The more the merrier. | 当然人越多越热闹啦 |
[10:32] | Well, then, see you then. | 那好 到时候见啦 |
[10:34] | – I’ll look forward to it. – As will I. | – 我很期待 – 我也是 |
[10:40] | Roz was right. | Roz说得对 |
[10:41] | When I stop looking for the perfect woman, | 只要我不满世界找真爱 |
[10:42] | she lands in my lap. | 她反而会从天而降 到我怀里来 |
[10:44] | I hope you’re comfortable with that arrangement, | 你能这样想最好了 |
[10:45] | because that’s where she’ll be seated Friday night. | 因为礼拜五晚上 她还真的只能坐你怀里 |
[10:55] | Bon Appetite, Bon Appetite. | 吃好喝好 吃好喝好 |
[10:58] | – Now you try it, Baby. Bon Appetite. – Bon Appetite. | – 该你试了 Baby 吃好喝好 – 吃好喝好 |
[11:01] | What a quick little study you are. | 脑袋真是好使啊 |
[11:03] | Birdbrained, indeed. You already know more French than my father. | 货真价实的鸟脑袋 你懂的法语已经比我爸多了 |
[11:09] | Ow. | 嗷 |
[11:11] | Boy, if you don’t get used to that doorbell, | 天呐 如果你不能习惯着门铃声 |
[11:13] | we’re going to have to give you a serious manicure. | 那就要好好给你修修指甲了 |
[11:17] | Coming. I’m coming. Stop ringing. | 来了 我来了 别按门铃了 |
[11:22] | Oh, good evening, Niles. | 晚上好啊 Niles |
[11:23] | Or should I say, “Avast ye, matey”? | 还是我应该说 海盗船长 |
[11:29] | I don’t have time for your badinage. | 我没空听你的揶揄 |
[11:32] | I’m only just setting out my place cards. | 我刚刚排好大家的座位表 |
[11:33] | Place cards? Well, how elegant. | 座位表 真是讲究啊 |
[11:35] | – And who is Peter Soutendeck? – He is on your right. | – Peter Soutendeck是谁 – 他坐在你右边 |
[11:38] | He’s an investment banker from Amsterdam. | 阿姆斯特丹人 投行从业者 |
[11:40] | Apparently, he handles a lot of Bill Gates’ money, | 他手上操控着大笔比尔盖茨的钱 |
[11:41] | so don’t say anything derogatory about the Netherlands or Microsoft. | 所以不许贬低荷兰人和微软 |
[11:45] | Damn, there goes my opening joke about the Dutchman | 完了 我还想说荷兰人 |
[11:47] | trying to install Windows 95. | 装WIN95的笑话暖场呢 |
[11:51] | Stephanie’s over here. I’m not sitting next to her. | Stephanie坐这儿 怎么不在我旁边呢 |
[11:53] | I know, you see, Peter’s bringing a date | 我知道 是这样 Peter会带个女伴 |
[11:54] | so I thought it would be better if you– | 所以我觉得这样会比较好 |
[11:56] | – What are you doing? – I’m putting Stephanie next to me. | – 你干嘛 – 把Stephanie安排在我旁边啊 |
[11:59] | And throwing off my seating arrangement? | 顺便把我整个座位安排都破坏了 |
[12:01] | Niles, surely you realize that I’ve spent a long time | Niles 你肯定也注意到了 我花了很多时间 |
[12:02] | looking for a woman like Stephanie. | 就是为了遇到像Stephanie这样的女人 |
[12:05] | Now, if you really want to impress these people, | 如果你想让人们对你刮目相看 |
[12:07] | you’ve got to get a little more atmosphere in the room. | 你得给房间里搞点气氛啊 |
[12:09] | I’ll light the fire while you dim the lights a bit. | 我去给壁炉生个火 你去把灯光调暗 |
[12:11] | Oh, that’s a good idea. | 好主意啊 |
[12:13] | By the way, be careful with that fireplace. | 顺便提醒一下 点火的时候小心点 |
[12:15] | It can be a bit– | 它有一点 |
[12:19] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[12:25] | Holding on a bit tight there, Baby, aren’t you? | 小爪子有点太使劲了吧 Baby |
[12:27] | Okay, go to your perch. Go to your perch. | 好了 回鸟笼去 回鸟笼去 |
[12:31] | Frasier, this bird’s holding onto my scalp. | Frasier 它抓着我头皮不放 |
[12:33] | I– I can’t pull it off. | 我 我拔不下来(驾驭不了) |
[12:35] | Niles, after that jaunty beret you wore to brunch last Sunday, | Niles 上周日的早午餐你可是带着贝雷帽去的 |
[12:38] | you can pull anything off. | 还能有什么是你驾驭不了的 |
[12:39] | – I’m sorry. Let me try to help. – All right, be careful. | – 抱歉 让我试试看 – 好吧 小心点 |
[12:41] | Let me see what I can do. Maybe I can just get the legs. | 让我看看怎么办 要不我就抓着它的腿 |
[12:44] | – Ow! Ow! Stop it! Stop it! – It just doesn’t– It’s stuck. | – 嗷 嗷 停下 停下来 – 它就是拔不 卡住了 |
[12:47] | Wait. I know. Get the lighter. | 等一下 我想到了 拿打火机来 |
[12:48] | Fire frightened it onto my head, | 它是被火吓到才抓着我的头皮 |
[12:50] | fire will frighten it off. | 应该也能把它吓下来 |
[12:51] | Let’s try that. | 试试看 |
[12:54] | – It’s not working. – Yes, it is. | – 没用 – 有用 |
[12:56] | – Stop it. Stop it. – Oh, all right. | – 停 停下来 – 好吧 |
[12:58] | – Oh, here, the phone. – Oh, excellent, excellent, excellent. | – 这个吧 电话 – 太好了 太好 太好了 |
[13:02] | – Hop on, Baby, hop on. – No, Niles, just call someone for help. | – 跳上去 Baby 跳 – 不 Niles 让你打电话求救呢 |
[13:07] | And whom do you suggest we call, a fez rental? | 那你觉得我们能打给谁 租帽子的人吗 |
[13:11] | Come on, Baby. Go to your perch. Go to your food. Go to your bed. | 快点 Baby 回鸟笼 去找吃的 回床上去 |
[13:14] | – Niles, Niles, don’t panic. Try to stay calm. – How can I stay calm? | – Niles Niles 别慌 冷静一点 – 我怎么冷静 |
[13:16] | I have six dinner guests arriving– | 六个客人马上就到了 |
[13:19] | Ow! | 嗷 |
[13:21] | All right, listen. | 好吧 听着 |
[13:23] | You go call the vet. I will take care of things out here. | 你打电话给兽医 这里的事情我来处理 |
[13:30] | – Oh, hello. – Hello. | – 你好 – 你好 |
[13:32] | Please come in. | 请进 |
[13:34] | – I’m not early, am I? – No, no, not at all. | – 我不会来太早了吧 – 不 不 完全不会 |
[13:38] | – May I, may I get you a drink? – Uh yes, a white wine, please. | – 要不要 要不要来点喝的 – 好 白葡萄酒吧 谢谢 |
[13:42] | – Oh, what a lovely table. – Yes. | – 这桌子真不错 – 是啊 |
[13:45] | Yes, I noticed that we happen to be sitting next to one another. | 我刚留意到我们俩坐在一起呢 |
[13:48] | Good. Then I won’t have to change the place cards around. | 太好了 那我就不用偷换座位牌了 |
[13:52] | Oh, well… To the girl next door. | 那 敬住在隔壁的女人 |
[13:56] | Well, actually, it’s a little further down the hall. | 其实 我住走廊的另一头 |
[13:58] | Well, if you need a ride home tonight, don’t hesitate to ask. | 好 如果你需要有人开车送你回去 尽管开口 |
[14:03] | Ow! | 嗷 |
[14:07] | What was that? | 怎么回事 |
[14:09] | Well, I’m afraid Niles probably burned himself on something. | 估计是Niles不小心烫到自己了 |
[14:12] | Don’t worry. He’ll be fine. | 别担心 他没事的 |
[14:15] | Hello. Oh, please, do come in. I’m Frasier Crane, Niles’ brother. | 你们好 请进 我是Frasier Crane Niles的哥哥 |
[14:18] | I’m Carol Larkin. My husband Alfred. This is our niece, Wella. | 我是Carol Larkin 我丈夫Alfred 我侄女Wella |
[14:22] | A pleasure. Wella. Nice to see you. Welcome. | 荣幸之至 Wella 很高兴见到你 欢迎啊 |
[14:25] | Please make yourselves comfortable. | 就像在自己家一样 别客气 |
[14:27] | I’m just going to run into the kitchen and check on the bird. | 我去厨房一下 看看”鸡”做得怎么样了 |
[14:34] | Uh-huh, uh-huh, so you’ve seen this sort of thing before. I see. | 嗯 嗯 所以这种情况你之前碰到过 知道了 |
[14:37] | – All right, well, thank you. – What did he say? | – 好的 谢谢 – 他怎么说 |
[14:40] | Well, he thinks she was traumatized | 他说她这是被火吓到了 |
[14:42] | by the fire and went into a kind of shock. | 处于惊吓状态 |
[14:44] | He said we shouldn’t try to force her off. We need to relax her. | 他说我们不能强迫她下来 要让她放松 |
[14:47] | Fine, you take care of that. | 行 那你自己想办法吧 |
[14:48] | I’ve got the future Mrs. Crane in the other room. | 外面可有未来的Crane太太呢 |
[14:49] | – Well, wait, wait, wait, wait, how do I relax this bird? – I don’t know. | – 等等 等等 怎么才能让鸟放松 – 我怎么知道 |
[14:52] | Try delivering that keynote speech you gave | 要不用你上次那个演讲试试 |
[14:54] | at the Psychiatric Association last spring. | 就去年春天在心理学协会上那段 |
[14:57] | Everything all right out here? | 大家聊得还好吧 |
[14:58] | – Will Dr. Crane be joining us soon? – Oh, yes, I believe so. | – Crane医生快出来了吗 – 没错 应该是的 |
[15:01] | Any minute now. | 马上就出来 |
[15:02] | Ow! | 嗷 |
[15:04] | Oh, dear, is something wrong? | 亲爱的 出什么问题了吗 |
[15:06] | I keep telling him, “Get yourself a decent oven mitt,” But, you know… | 我一直跟他说 “买个好的烤箱手套” 但他老是 |
[15:13] | Hello. Please come in. I’m Frasier, Niles’ brother. | 你们好 请进 我是Frasier Niles的哥哥 |
[15:16] | – Peter Soutendeck – Peter – Peter Soutendeck. – Peter. | |
[15:18] | – This is Elaine Hensley. – Elaine. | – 这位是Elanie Hensley – Elaine |
[15:20] | Actually, your brother and I are well acquainted. | 其实我和你弟弟是老相识了 |
[15:22] | Maris is a dear, dear friend of mine. | Maris和我是很好 很好的朋友 |
[15:25] | – Really? – Yes. | – 是吗 – 是啊 |
[15:27] | So where is Niles? | Niles在哪儿 |
[15:29] | Well, actually, he’s in the kitchen preparing dinner. | 他在厨房准备晚餐 |
[15:32] | He’s favoring us tonight with a lovely pheasant. | 他会为我们准备点野味 |
[15:37] | As you know, he is a stickler for freshness. | 你知道的 他坚持要吃新鲜的 |
[15:44] | Oh, what now? | 又怎么了 |
[15:49] | I’m trying to pretend like it’s night so it’ll fall asleep. | 我想让她以为已经到晚上了 好让她睡着 |
[15:55] | Well, you look very cute. | 你这模样真是可爱 |
[15:56] | Cute, but stupid. | 可爱却愚蠢 |
[15:59] | Listen Niles, I really can’t stall them much longer. | Niles 我拖不了太长时间 |
[16:00] | They’re starting to ask questions. | 他们开始等得不耐烦了 |
[16:02] | The Dutchman’s date even knows Maris. | 荷兰人的女伴竟然还认识Maris |
[16:04] | – What? Who’d he bring? – An Elaine somebody. | – 什么 他带了谁来 – 一个叫Elaine的女人 |
[16:07] | Well, which Elaine? Maris knows three Elaines. | 哪个Elaine Maris认识三个叫Elaine的 |
[16:09] | Oh, I don’t know. She’s very thin, she’s exquisitely dressed | 我不知道 她很瘦 穿得也很讲究 |
[16:11] | and dripping with attitude. | 挺高傲的 |
[16:13] | Oh, like that narrows it down. | Maris哪个朋友不是这样 |
[16:21] | I was afraid of that. It’s the bad Elaine. | 最怕的情况发生了 是那个坏Elaine |
[16:24] | Maris’ oldest friend. | Maris的老朋友 |
[16:26] | Nothing would delight her more than report back to Maris | 她肯定会兴奋地跑去跟Maris说 |
[16:28] | that I threw a soiree with a cockatoo on my head. | 我头上顶着个鹦鹉在办派对呢 |
[16:32] | Bon appetit. | 吃好喝好 |
[16:34] | – What was that? – Bon appetit. | – 什么声音 – 吃好喝好啊 |
[16:37] | Crab puffs for everyone. Bon appetit. | 蟹肉泡芙来了各位 吃好喝好啊 |
[16:43] | At which point, the woman said to Churchill, | 这时 这个女人对丘吉尔说 |
[16:45] | “Sir, if you were my husband, | “先生 如果你是我丈夫 |
[16:47] | I would put poison in your coffee.” | 我肯定会在你的咖啡里下毒” |
[16:49] | To which Churchill saucily replied, | 丘吉尔俏皮地回答道 |
[16:52] | “Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it.” | “女士 如果你是我妻子 我宁愿喝了它” |
[16:58] | Perhaps you’ve heard that story. | 你们大概都听过这个故事了 |
[17:00] | Yes. From Churchill. | 是啊 丘吉尔说的 |
[17:07] | Well, can I freshen anyone’s drink? | 好吧 有谁需要再来点酒吗 |
[17:12] | Perhaps I’ll just bring the bottle around. | 我直接把酒瓶拿来吧 |
[17:16] | I didn’t realize that you were gonna have to play host all night. | 我都不知道你今天一晚上都得扮演主人的角色 |
[17:20] | I mean, we’ve hardly had a chance to talk, | 嗯 咱俩都没机会说上话 |
[17:22] | and I’m afraid I’m gonna have to make it an early night. | 而且我现在就得走了 |
[17:24] | – Oh, no, really? – Yes, | – 不是吧 真的 – 是啊 |
[17:25] | I’m leaving for Paris first thing in the morning, | 明天一早我就要赶去巴黎 |
[17:27] | and I was really hoping that we could spend some time alone. | 我还想咱俩能有一点时间独处呢 |
[17:33] | And so we shall. | 就这么办 |
[17:35] | As of this moment, it’s just the two of us. | 从现在起 只有我们两个 |
[17:36] | I’m completely at your disposal just after this. | 我全听你的 不过先等我处理好这个 |
[17:39] | Elaine, can I get you something? | Elaine 你要什么 |
[17:41] | Actually, I just thought I’d see what Niles is up to in there. | 我就是想看看Niles在里面干什么 |
[17:44] | Perhaps I could be of some help. | 说不定我可以帮忙 |
[17:45] | Well, you know, you could pour the wine. | 你可以来倒酒嘛 |
[17:48] | What are you doing now? | 你又是要干嘛 |
[17:49] | You’re ruining my chances with Stephanie. | 我和Stephanie的独处机会都被你毁了 |
[17:51] | Yes, that was my first concern too. Toss. | 是啊 这也是我最担心的 放调料 |
[17:56] | You can’t abandon me just because you’re hoping | 你不能就这样抛弃我 |
[17:59] | Stephanie’s as horny as you are. You’ve got to help me. | 指望Stephanie跟你一样饥渴 你得帮我 |
[18:01] | I suggest that first you get to the vet and have that removed. | 你还是先去找兽医把它拿下来吧 |
[18:04] | Are you mad? I can’t walk in there with this on my head. | 你疯了吗 我不能顶着它进客厅啊 |
[18:06] | I’d be the laughingstock of The Montana. | 我会成为蒙大拿住宅区的笑柄 |
[18:08] | You can’t spend all night in the kitchen. | 那你也不能在厨房躲一个晚上啊 |
[18:10] | Frasier, these people live for gossip. | Frasier 这些人天生长舌啊 |
[18:12] | I’ve only been here three days. | 我才来了三天 |
[18:14] | Already I know that Peter’s a letch and Carol’s a lush. | 我已经知道Peter是个色鬼 Carol是酒鬼 |
[18:16] | What do you think they’ll say about me? | 你觉得他们会怎么说我 |
[18:17] | You know, I’ve spent last 45 minutes with these people. | 我刚和这些人相处了45分钟 |
[18:19] | They happen to be very kind, understanding, | 他们很亲和 善解人意 |
[18:21] | and I think they’ll be very sympathetic to your problem. | 他们说不定会很同情你呢 |
[18:24] | – Really? – Yes. | – 真的 – 当然 |
[18:26] | – You don’t think they’d laugh at me? – No, I don’t. | – 你觉得他们不会笑我 – 没错 |
[18:28] | But if you stay in here, | 但如果你继续躲在这儿 |
[18:29] | they’ll think you’re rude, | 他们会觉得你很无礼 |
[18:30] | ill-mannered, and dare I say it, a bad host. | 没教养 而且我可以肯定地说 是个差劲的主人 |
[18:33] | Very well. I’ll go out there. | 好吧 那我出去 |
[18:35] | But if they ridicule me, let it be on your head. | 但如果他们嘲笑我 就算你头上 |
[18:41] | Everyone, excuse me. There’s been a little mishap. | 各位 打扰一下 发生了一点事故 |
[18:46] | Niles is going to have to go to the doctor. | Niles得去看医生 |
[18:48] | It’s nothing serious, he just has to have something removed. | 也不是很严重 就是去”摘”掉点东西 |
[18:53] | Niles Niles. | |
[18:57] | You see, his bird suffered a kind of trauma | 如你们所见 这只鸟受到了一些惊吓 |
[19:01] | and has attached itself to the scalp, | 所以抓着我的头皮不放 |
[19:03] | and we were just thinking that we’d hate to cancel dinner, but– | 我们也不想取消晚餐 但是 |
[19:05] | Frasier, this isn’t necessary. Let’s just go. | Frasier 别说了 咱走吧 |
[19:07] | Good evening, everyone. I’m very sorry for all of this. | 晚上好 各位 我感到非常抱歉 |
[19:10] | Oh Niles, you mean all this time | Niles 你就为了这只鸟 |
[19:12] | you were hiding in there because of your bird? | 在厨房躲了这么久 |
[19:15] | Oh, you poor thing. | 太可怜了 |
[19:16] | You know, the same thing happened to my mother once, only with her cat. | 我妈妈也碰到过这种事情 不过抓着她的是猫 |
[19:21] | Now, that was a sight. | 绝对难得一见啊 |
[19:23] | Who hasn’t had an embarrassing moment at a party? | 谁没在派对上碰到过这种尴尬的事情啊 |
[19:26] | Look, I’ve just spilled wine on my dress. | 看 我刚还把酒撒到了裙子上呢 |
[19:31] | This is such a relief. | 那我就放心了 |
[19:33] | I must say, I feel a little silly for staying in there so long. | 不得不说 我都觉得待在里面这么久有点傻了 |
[19:36] | Are you in any pain? | 你痛不痛 |
[19:38] | No, no, as long as no one rings the doorbell, I’m fine. | 没事儿 只要没人按门铃 我就没事儿 |
[19:43] | Well, you know, Niles, you seem to be relaxing a bit. | Niles 你看起来放松了一些 |
[19:45] | Maybe the bird will relax and… | 说不定这只鸟也会放松 |
[19:47] | Should we give this another minute or two, everyone? | 要不我们再等一会儿 各位 |
[19:48] | Yes. | 好啊 |
[19:50] | Well, all right then, who needs more wine? | 太好了 谁要再来点酒 |
[19:54] | Alfred, wine for you. | Alfred 你的酒来了 |
[19:57] | And would anyone like cheese or a cracker? | 有没有人想来点奶酪或者饼干 |
[20:01] | No, no, Baby, guests first. | 不 不 Baby 客人优先哦 |
[20:05] | Oh, Carol, that dress is absolutely smashing. | Carol 你的裙子真好看 |
[20:08] | – Why, thank you. – Carol’s a lush. | – 真的吗 谢谢 – Carol是酒鬼 |
[20:13] | Did the bird just say something? | 这只鸟刚才是说话了吗 |
[20:16] | It sounded like it said– | 好像它说的是 |
[20:17] | Carol’s a lush. | Carol是酒鬼 |
[20:20] | Where would a bird learn a phrase like that? | 这只鸟是从哪里学的这话 |
[20:23] | Birds today. | <鸟类日报>吧 |
[20:28] | You just don’t know where they pick things up. | 真是不知道它们从哪儿学的舌 |
[20:30] | Well, shall we all join Peter at the table? | 我们和Peter一块儿坐到桌边去吧 |
[20:33] | Peter’s a letch. | Peter是色鬼 |
[20:36] | – What did you say? – I said, let’s all sit down. | – 你说什么 – 我说都坐下吧 |
[20:38] | Peter’s a letch. | Peter是色鬼 |
[20:40] | Is this your idea of a joke? | 你这是在耍我们吗 |
[20:42] | I’ve had quite enough of this. Come along, Carol. | 我受够了 咱们走吧 Carol |
[20:45] | No, please, people, don’t go. | 不 拜托 各位 别走 |
[20:46] | I did not teach the bird these phrases. | 我没有教它说这些话 |
[20:48] | I don’t know where it picked them up. | 我也不知道它从哪儿学的 |
[20:50] | You’ll stay, won’t you, Stephanie? | 你不会走吧 Stephanie |
[20:51] | Stephanie’s horny. | Stephanie很饥渴 |
[20:55] | Oh, my God, is that what you’ve been saying about me behind my back? | 天呐 你背着我的时候一直是这么说我的吗 |
[21:01] | No, no, I never said that about you. I said it about me. | 不 不 我从来没这么说过你 我是说我自己 |
[21:03] | I’m the horny one. All I said was, you’re very cute. | 饥渴的是我 我只说过你可爱 |
[21:05] | Cute, but stupid. | 可爱却愚蠢 |
[21:10] | Well, thank you both for a wonderful evening. | 今天晚上真是开心 谢谢你们俩啊 |
[21:14] | – Good night. – Stephanie please, let me explain. | – 晚安 – Stephanie 听我解释啊 |
[21:17] | I know we got off on the wrong foot, | 我知道我搞砸了 |
[21:18] | but we are going to be neighbors– | 但是毕竟我们要成为邻居了 |
[21:27] | – Well, thank you very much. – Oh, please. | – 真是谢谢你啊 – 得了吧 |
[21:32] | – I’ve lost far more than you did. – Oh, really? | – 我的损失可比你大多了 – 真的吗 |
[21:34] | I’ve lost the most promising romantic prospect I’ve had in years. | 我这几年来遇到的最完美的女人就这么丢了 |
[21:37] | What have you lost? The respect of a posh lush and a Dutch letch. | 你有什么损失 漂亮酒鬼和荷兰色鬼的尊重吗 |
[21:41] | Try repeating that, Baby. | 有本事你再跟着说啊 Baby |
[21:45] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:47] | I apologize. | 对不起 |
[21:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:53] | Perhaps I can drive you to the vet now. | 我送你去看兽医吧 |
[21:55] | Maybe we should take the service elevator. | 我们要不还是走货梯吧 |
[21:57] | Oh, what’s the point? | 何必多此一举 |
[21:58] | I don’t think my reputation can suffer any more than it already has. | 我已经名声尽毁 还怕什么 |
[22:02] | I wouldn’t be so sure about that, | 这我可不敢说 |
[22:03] | wearing a white bird after Labor Day. | 劳动节刚过 就顶着只白鸟 |