时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Oh, did I mention, two members of my fear-of-commitment group | 对了 我的婚姻恐惧症治疗小组里 |
[00:13] | have announced they’re getting married. | 有两个人要结婚了 |
[00:15] | Oh, congratulations. | 噢 恭喜啊 |
[00:16] | There’s a downside, though. They’re New Age types. | 不过有个坏消息 他们崇尚新世纪生活方式 |
[00:16] | 新世纪是起源于20世纪80年代的一种新时代的生活方式 摒弃西方现代价值观,基于精神思想信仰、占星术等的生活方式 | |
[00:19] | The wedding is to be held in the woods. | 所以会在森林里举办婚礼 |
[00:21] | – So? – I need a date. | – 所以呢 – 我得找个女伴 |
[00:24] | You know how the women in my crowd | 你懂的 我周围的女人都是温室花朵 |
[00:25] | tend to droop outdoors. | 到户外会瞬间萎靡 |
[00:28] | Yes, well, Niles, | 好吧 不过 Niles |
[00:30] | there are all different sorts of women in the world, you know. | 大千世界 什么样的女人没有 |
[00:33] | Perhaps if you’d tiptoe beyond the fringes of your precious circle, | 也许你把贵足伸到贵圈外面一点 |
[00:36] | cast a wider net. | 广撒网 |
[00:38] | Frasier, that woman by the side of the road spearing trash… | Frasier 那个在路边叉垃圾的女人 |
[00:43] | Not that wide. | 不用那么广 |
[00:44] | No, no, no, no, no, it’s Roz. | 不不不 那是Roz |
[00:48] | My God, it is. | 天哪 还真是 |
[00:55] | If she realizes we’ve recognized her, | 如果她知道我们认出她来了 |
[00:56] | she’ll be utterly humiliated. | 肯定羞死了 |
[00:57] | Oh, Roz? | 这不是Roz嘛 |
[01:01] | Oh, my God. You’re not seeing me. Go away. | 老天 你们没看见我 走开 |
[01:04] | Roz, what on earth are you doing here? | Roz 你到底在干嘛 |
[01:06] | Just let me in. | 让我进去 |
[01:08] | – Wait, I’ll spread papers. – Oh, yes. | – 等等 让我先铺报纸 – 哦对 |
[01:11] | Thank you, Niles. | Niles 谢谢 |
[01:14] | All right. | 好了 |
[01:16] | Okay, let’s go. | 好 咱们走 |
[01:17] | What–? What do you mean “Let’s go”? | 什么 什么叫”咱们走” |
[01:19] | I– I can’t do that. I don’t even know why you’re here. | 我不能带你走 我都不知道你为什么在这儿 |
[01:22] | About a month ago, | 大概一个月前 |
[01:23] | I got stopped doing 60 in a 30-mile-an-hour zone. | 我在限速30迈的路段开到了60迈超速被抓 |
[01:26] | It was either a huge fine or community service. | 要么被罚大笔钱 要么做社区服务 |
[01:29] | So here I am, and it’s a nightmare. | 所以我就来了 简直就是场恶梦 |
[01:32] | Breathing exhaust fumes, using a spatula to scrape up roadkill. | 吸汽车尾气 拿铲子把路上被轧死的动物堆起来 |
[01:39] | Well, at least just look on the bright side. | 但也有些好处嘛 |
[01:41] | You’re outdoors. You can enjoy nature. | 你待在户外 可以享受自然 |
[01:43] | You’re beautifying our highways… | 美化我们的公路 |
[01:44] | Frasier, I found an ear. | Frasier 我发现了只耳朵 |
[01:47] | Was there no other service you could’ve performed? | 就没有别的社区服务可以选吗 |
[01:49] | The only other option was | 剩下的唯一选择就是 |
[01:50] | visiting old people in a retirement home. | 去养老院看望老人 |
[01:52] | And you chose this? | 那你还选这个 |
[01:54] | Well, think about it: Walking the streets, picking up trash… | 你想 走在街上 捡捡垃圾 |
[01:57] | You can see how Roz would go with the familiar. | 这不就是Roz的生活方式嘛 |
[01:58] | Niles Niles. | |
[02:01] | Old people just make me uncomfortable. | 老人让我不舒服 |
[02:03] | Roz, have you ever considered that your, | Roz 有没有想过 |
[02:05] | your discomfort around the elderly | 你不喜欢跟老人待在一起 |
[02:06] | may stem from your own fear of growing old? | 只是因为你自己怕变老 |
[02:08] | Wow! Do you think? | 哇哦 你这么觉得啊 |
[02:12] | Oh my god! | 天哪 |
[02:14] | – What? – It’s my supervisor. Hit the gas. | – 怎么了 – 监督来了 赶紧开车 |
[02:16] | I can’t. It might be illegal. | 不行 会犯法的 |
[02:17] | Move or your brother gets it. | 要么开车要么你弟吃上一记 |
[02:20] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[02:22] | All right, the headrest. | 好啊 那就靠枕吃一记 |
[02:23] | Off we go. | 咱们走 |
[02:34] | Oh, well, Dad, doing your exercises. Very good. | 噢 爸爸 在锻炼哪 很好嘛 |
[02:37] | Just a little farther. | 再用点力 |
[02:39] | There you go. | 到了到了 |
[02:40] | Congratulations, Mr. Crane. | 祝贺您 Crane先生 |
[02:42] | You finally got your knee past your rib cage. | 您终于能让膝盖抬过胸了 |
[02:44] | Oh, it’s no big deal. | 这不算啥 |
[02:46] | Well, it’s more than Lilith | 这可比Lilith |
[02:47] | could accomplish in five years of marriage. | 在五年婚姻里完成的多得多了 |
[02:52] | You know, it’s so gratifying | 能看到你父亲的 |
[02:54] | to see your father make these little improvements. | 这些小进步我真的很高兴 |
[02:56] | It’s days like this when I’m glad I took this position. | 这种时候我对自己的职业选择(做这个姿势)很骄傲 |
[02:58] | We’re all glad you took this position. | 我们也很高兴 |
[03:02] | Well, you know, Daphne, I must say, there are some times I envy you. | Daphne 不得不说有时候我都嫉妒你 |
[03:05] | Here you go, Niles. | 接着 Niles |
[03:11] | You know, I’ll just say that it’s always gratifying | 看到自己的努力获得回报 |
[03:14] | to see some reward for your efforts. | 总是很令人开心的 |
[03:16] | Lately, that’s something I’ve been lacking in my own work. | 最近 我在工作上总觉得缺少些什么 |
[03:19] | How so? | 怎么了 |
[03:19] | Oh, well, you know, back in private practice | 你懂的 以前在私人诊所 |
[03:21] | I could spend months, even years with a patient, | 我可以花数月甚至数年治疗一个病人 |
[03:24] | see the fruits of my labor. | 看到自己的劳动成果 |
[03:26] | Now, somebody calls in, I give my advice | 如今 人们打进电话 我提出建议 |
[03:28] | and never know how things work out. | 就再也不知道结果会如何 |
[03:30] | I simply release my humble words in the airwaves, | 我的建议送到电波中 |
[03:32] | and then they’re gone forever, vanished. | 就永远消逝了 |
[03:34] | So like my Tiffany cuff links. | 就像我的蒂芙尼袖扣 |
[03:38] | I’d hoped to wear them to my New Age wedding. | 我本打算戴着它们参加森林婚礼 |
[03:40] | They’ve disappeared. | 可是不见了 |
[03:41] | So you know my pain. | 所以你对我的苦感同身受 |
[03:47] | Well, I’m not really dissatisfied. It’s just that… | 我也不是不满意 只是 |
[03:49] | Well, Daphne, you know, you get to see your progress with Dad. | Daphne 你能看到老爸身上的进步 |
[03:52] | Niles, you have the upcoming marriage of your commitment-phobics. | Niles 你要参加你婚姻恐惧症病人的婚礼 |
[03:55] | Oh, come on. You help people all the time. | 得了吧 你一直在帮助人们 |
[03:57] | – You helped me just the other day. – How? | – 你前几天还帮了我呢 – 怎么帮的 |
[03:59] | Well, I was worried because Eddie had lost his appetite, | 我本来很担心Eddie最近不吃不喝 |
[04:02] | and you remember what you said? | 你记得自己说了什么吗 |
[04:03] | If I remember rightly, I said, | 如果我没记错 我说 |
[04:05] | “Well, why don’t you just give him some of my truffle foie gras.” | “何不给它吃点我的松露鹅肝酱” |
[04:08] | Right. | 正是 |
[04:09] | I was being funny. | 我说着玩的 |
[04:11] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:13] | Yeah, well, I knew that. That just cheered me right up. | 我知道的 那句话给了我很大鼓励呢 |
[04:17] | Come on, Eddie. | 快来 Eddie |
[04:28] | – Excuse me, Bulldog. – What’s up, doc? | – Bulldog 打扰一下 – 怎么了 医生 |
[04:33] | Listen, have you seen Roz? | 那个 你看到Roz没 |
[04:34] | She’s late. My show goes on in 30 seconds. | 她迟到了 我的节目30秒后就要开始了 |
[04:36] | You know what? I’d dump her. | 你要是问我 我就炒了她 |
[04:37] | But, a little extreme, don’t you think? | 你不觉得太过了吗 |
[04:38] | No. I fire everybody once a year. | 没有 我每年把所有人炒一遍 |
[04:40] | Housekeepers, personal trainers, phutt. | 家政啊 私人教练啊 全炒了 |
[04:42] | You know, cut them off before they start copping an attitude. | 在他们拿腔作调前和他们斩断关系 |
[04:44] | Oh, oh, doctors are the worst of all. | 哦哦 医生是最麻烦的 |
[04:47] | You pick up the same disease three or four times, | 你得了同一种病三四次 |
[04:49] | they start lecturing you like it’s your fault. | 他们就会开始教育你 好像你得病是自找的似的 |
[04:52] | You want a bite? | 要咬一口吗 |
[04:54] | Not if you skipped it to me across a pool of disinfectant. | 就算你把它扔过一池消毒剂到我手上 也不吃 |
[05:03] | Hello, Seattle. Good afternoon. This is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 西雅图 下午好 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[05:06] | You know, today we’re gonna do things just a little bit different. | 今天 我们来做点不一样的 |
[05:09] | For the past four years now, | 过去的四年里 |
[05:10] | I’ve been taking your calls and giving advice. | 我一直在接听你们的来电 然后给出建议 |
[05:12] | And I was thinking, perhaps our listeners | 我想着也许听众们 |
[05:13] | are wondering how things have turned out. | 想要知道后来事情如何发展了 |
[05:16] | I know I do. | 至少我是这样想的 |
[05:17] | So today I invite those of you who’ve called in in the past | 所以今天我邀请过去打来电话的朋友 |
[05:20] | to give us a holler, | 跟我们再说两句 |
[05:22] | and we can catch up on how things have worked out for you. | 好让我们知道你后来怎么样了 |
[05:25] | All our lines are open. | 现在打来不用等 马上就能接通 |
[05:33] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[05:35] | Come on, you know the number. | 来吧 你们知道号码的 |
[05:37] | Ah, there we are. | 啊 终于来了 |
[05:40] | Hello, this is Dr. Frasier Crane. | 你好 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[05:42] | How did I help you? | 我是怎么帮到你的 |
[05:46] | Hello, Dr. Crane. This is Chet from Whidbey Island. | 你好 Crane医生 我是惠德比岛的Chet |
[05:49] | I gave you a call last year. | 去年我给你打了电话 |
[05:51] | I was having problems with low self-esteem. | 那时候我有自卑的问题 |
[05:54] | Ah, ah, I see. | 啊 我知道了 |
[05:56] | And did my advice help you to become more assertive? | 我的建议有没有帮你变得更自信呢 |
[05:58] | Damn straight. Yeah, now people say I’m downright arrogant. | 绝对的 现在人家都说我太傲慢了 |
[06:03] | Well, you know what I say? Screw them. | 猜我怎么说 给我滚 |
[06:08] | Well, perhaps you took my advice just a bit too far. | 你好像把我的建议执行得过了一点 |
[06:12] | Who the hell are you? | 你他妈算老几 |
[06:16] | Screw you too. | 你也好滚了 |
[06:20] | Well, as I give myself a well-deserved pat on the back | 嗯 问题解决了 我很欣慰 |
[06:23] | and Chet marches off to invade Poland, | 不过这当儿 Chet已经出发去入侵波兰了吧 |
[06:27] | let’s just go to commercial. | 我们进一段广告 |
[06:31] | Well, Roz, glad you could join us. | Roz 你还知道来啊 |
[06:33] | You’re lucky I made it at all. | 我能出现算你走运了 |
[06:35] | I took your advice and went down to that retirement home | 我听了你的建议去养老院 |
[06:37] | to finish off my community service. | 作为我的社区服务 |
[06:39] | It’s a lot better than spearing trash, isn’t it? | 比叉垃圾好多了 对吧 |
[06:41] | You tell me. | 你自己说 |
[06:42] | I started playing checkers with this old man, Mr. Krantz. | 我跟一位老先生Krantz下跳棋 |
[06:46] | Well, things got a little competitive, | 结果玩得太忘我了 |
[06:48] | and he made a really bad move, | 他走了一步很臭的棋 |
[06:49] | and I said, “You’re a dead man.” | 我就说”你死定了” |
[06:55] | Oh, dear. I think I see where this story’s headed. | 老天 我想我猜出后来怎么了 |
[06:58] | A minute later, he’s lying sprawled across the board. | 一分钟后 他趴倒在了棋桌上 |
[07:01] | Pieces are everywhere. The whole place is screaming. | 棋子散落一地 每个人都在尖叫 |
[07:03] | When I pulled him up, he still had a checker stuck to his forehead. | 我扶他起来的时候他额头上还粘着个棋子 |
[07:07] | Roz, I am so sorry, I… | Roz 我很抱歉 |
[07:09] | Jeez, I can see how you could be very traumatized by this. | 我知道你有多难受 |
[07:12] | Hi, we’re back. | 我们回来了 |
[07:13] | You know, that was a catchy little commercial, wasn’t it? | 刚刚的广告真不错 是吧 |
[07:15] | Let’s get back to it. | 让我们再听一遍吧 |
[07:18] | Roz, listen, you can’t be too upset about this. | Roz 你不要太难过 |
[07:20] | Now, given the circumstances, his age, and his surroundings, | 在那种情况下 他的年龄还有周围环境 |
[07:23] | I mean, surely this thing was sort of expected. | 发生这种事也是很正常的 |
[07:26] | Not with this guy. | 不应该是他 |
[07:27] | The whole reason I liked him was he was so youthful and robust. | 我喜欢他的理由就是他显得年轻又粗犷 |
[07:31] | You should have seen him, Frasier. He was raring to go. | 你要是见到他就知道了 Frasier 他迫不及待要玩 |
[07:34] | He kept bragging about how good he was | 不停地夸自己有多棒 |
[07:36] | and how much fun it was gonna be. | 会多有劲儿 |
[07:38] | Then he dies on me. | 然后他就死在我眼前 |
[07:39] | – Hey, it happens to all guys, okay? – Bulldog. | – 嘿 每个男人都会这样的好吗 – Bulldog |
[07:42] | No, no, no, this is a pet peeve of mine, doc. | 不不 医生 这事我必须得说两句 |
[07:45] | Why is it always the guy’s fault? | 为什么总要责怪男人 |
[07:46] | You know, if you chicks | 如果你们女人 |
[07:47] | needed a little less booze to get from maybe to yes, | 能自觉配合 不需要我们灌那么多酒 |
[07:49] | we’d be a lot more alert when the moment of truth arrives. | 关键时刻来临的时候我们会警觉得多 |
[07:54] | Bulldog, Roz was playing checkers with an elderly gentleman, | Bulldog Roz是和一位老先生下跳棋 |
[07:57] | and he died. | 然后他过世了 |
[07:59] | Oh, well… | 噢 那个 |
[08:03] | Well, when I said we, I didn’t mean me, | 我说我们的时候 不包括我 |
[08:05] | because I don’t have that. | 因为我没有那个问题 |
[08:10] | Hey, you’re a doctor. That was confidential. | 嘿 你是医生 刚刚的事要保密 |
[08:13] | Well, I guess it’s back to scraping up roadkill. | 看来我该回去堆路上被轧死的动物了 |
[08:16] | Roz, Roz, surely you realize | Roz Roz 你肯定知道 |
[08:17] | what happened at the retirement home was an aberration. | 养老院里发生的只是场意外吧 |
[08:20] | Well, maybe so. | 也许吧 |
[08:21] | But I wasn’t comfortable being around old people to begin with, | 我在老人身边就感觉不舒服 |
[08:24] | and this hasn’t helped matters. | 出了这事儿我更不愿意去了 |
[08:25] | Roz, listen, if you’re ever going to conquer your fear of aging, | Roz 听着 如果你想要克服对变老的恐惧 |
[08:28] | you’ve got to get back down there | 你还得回那儿去 |
[08:29] | and spend some time with these people. | 花点时间陪陪他们 |
[08:30] | You’ll learn that they’re really vital human beings. | 你会知道他们是很有活力的人 |
[08:33] | I’m still not convinced. | 我还是不确定 |
[08:35] | All right, then think of it this way: | 好吧 那你这么想 |
[08:36] | There’s been a lot of fog on the interstate lately, | 最近州际公路上有很多浓雾 |
[08:38] | and the caribou are migrating. | 驯鹿又正在迁徙 |
[08:45] | “As the train whistle screamed and we started out of the station, | “当火车鸣笛 我们驶出车站的时候 |
[08:49] | I lowered the window and said, ‘I’ll be back.’ | 我降下车窗说 我会回来的 |
[08:53] | But somehow I knew I would never see her or Paris again. | 但冥冥中我知道 我再也见不到她 见不到巴黎 |
[08:58] | The end.” | 终” |
[09:00] | That was a pretty good book, wasn’t it, Mr. Gouldenstein? | Gouldenstein先生 这本小说真不错 对吧 |
[09:03] | Mr. Gouldenstein, you’re feeling a little cold. | Gouldenstein先生 你摸上去有点冷 |
[09:07] | Can I make you a nice hot cup of… | 要我给你弄杯热热的 |
[09:08] | Oh, my God! | 老天爷啊 |
[09:17] | Come on, boy. You can do it. Come on. | 来吧 宝贝 你能行的 来吧 |
[09:20] | Hey, hey. Hey, Fras, look at that. He’s dancing. | 嘿 Fras 看哪 他在跳舞 |
[09:23] | – He’s practically doing a polka. – Oh, good. | – 这算是波尔卡舞步了吧 – 很好啊 |
[09:25] | That should up his price when I sell him to the carnival. | 到时候把他卖到嘉年华马戏团 一定能卖个好价钱 |
[09:29] | – Hello. – Hello, Daphne. | – 你好 – 你好 Daphne |
[09:31] | Back from the big wedding in the woods, huh? | 从森林婚礼回来了哈 |
[09:33] | Oh, yes, and don’t you look nice. | 是呀 你看上去很不错 |
[09:35] | Except, what’s this sticky stuff all over your shoulder here? | 不过 你肩上这些黏黏的东西是什么 |
[09:38] | – Did you finally find a date? – I asked Maris. | – 你最后找到伴儿了吗 – 我邀请了Maris |
[09:40] | Sap. | 树液啊(衰啊) |
[09:41] | I think Daphne speaks for us all. | Daphne已经把我们要说的话说了 |
[09:45] | Just how the hell did this happen? | 怎么就变成这样了 |
[09:46] | Well, I was desperate for a date, | 我必须得找个女伴 已经饥不择食了 |
[09:48] | and I knew Maris would be lonely this time of year. | 而且我知道Maris每年的这段时间都会寂寞 |
[09:50] | It’s cruise season. She never partakes. | 因为现在人们都去游轮上度假了 但她从来不去的 |
[09:52] | She has an absolute terror of buffets. | 她对自助餐有强烈的恐惧 |
[09:53] | Oh, yes, her legendary “Smorgaphobia.” | 是啊 传说中她著名的”自助餐恐惧症”嘛 |
[09:58] | So how did it go? Or should I say how big a scene did she make? | 那后来怎么样 还是应该问她又闹了多大动静 |
[10:00] | Actually, she did quite well. | 其实她表现得挺好 |
[10:02] | She willingly joined in the ceremonial chanting, | 她欣然加入了吟诵仪式 |
[10:05] | and when the shaman invited those so inclined | 萨满巫师请大家 |
[10:08] | to embrace their favorite tree, | 拥抱最喜欢的大树的时候 |
[10:09] | Maris said the only tree she was willing to embrace | Maris说她唯一愿意拥抱的树 |
[10:11] | was her family tree. | 就是她的家谱大树 |
[10:14] | Everyone laughed. | 所有人都笑了 |
[10:16] | Well, I laughed. | 好吧 反正我笑了 |
[10:20] | Then it happened. | 然后就出事了 |
[10:21] | – They called for a group hug. – Oh, dear. | – 他们要集体拥抱 – 老天 |
[10:25] | Last time I saw her, | 我最后一次看到她的时候 |
[10:26] | she was racing toward her Mercedes, emitting a high-pitched shriek | 她惊声尖叫着跑向她的奔驰 |
[10:29] | that caused the wedding doves to attack one another. | 引得婚礼上的鸽子开始打架 |
[10:34] | I’ll see if I can find something to remove this sap. | 我去找点什么东西把这些树液擦掉 |
[10:38] | – Another one died. – What? What happened? | – 又有人死了 – 什么 到底怎么回事 |
[10:41] | What’s she talking about? | 她在说什么 |
[10:42] | Dad, Roz has been doing some community service | 爸爸 Roz最近在一家养老院里 |
[10:45] | down at a retirement home, | 提供社区服务 |
[10:47] | and apparently, for the second time this week, | 很明显 这已经是这个礼拜第二次 |
[10:49] | one of her charges has died. | 她陪伴的老人去世了 |
[10:52] | They’re calling me the Angel of Death now. | 他们现在都叫我死亡天使 |
[10:56] | Roz, you know this isn’t your fault. | Roz 这不是你的错 |
[10:58] | Maybe it is. | 也许就是 |
[10:59] | I’ve never been good with plants or animals. | 我跟植物动物都处不好 |
[11:01] | Everything’s always died on me. | 就没有我克不死的 |
[11:03] | You have a cat. | 你有只猫啊 |
[11:06] | Oh. | 噢 |
[11:08] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[11:10] | Roz, death is an occupational hazard of | Roz 死亡对我们从事夕阳职业的人来说 |
[11:13] | working with older people. | 是不可避免的职业风险嘛 |
[11:14] | Trust me, I’ve lost more patients than I’d like to count. | 相信我 我已经失去太多病人了 |
[11:17] | You never said anything about that to me. | 你都没跟我说过 |
[11:19] | Didn’t I? Anyway, you just sit there, | 是嘛 总之 你先坐这儿 |
[11:21] | and I’ll go make you a nice cup of tea. | 我去给你倒杯热茶 |
[11:23] | Wait, wait, how many patients did you lose? | 等等 你到底有多少病人去世了 |
[11:25] | Well, I don’t know. | 我不知道啊 |
[11:26] | I used to keep a tally in me diary, but it made me a bit sad. | 以前我还在日记本里计数 不过太让我悲伤了 |
[11:29] | Was it more than five? | 有超过五个吗 |
[11:32] | Now listen, Roz, | 听着 Roz |
[11:33] | there’s no way that you can feel guilty about this. | 你完全不必自责 |
[11:36] | I mean, those men were gonna die anyway, | 他们总是要走的 |
[11:38] | and you gave them some much welcomed companionship | 你还能在他们弥留之际 |
[11:41] | in their final moments. | 陪伴他们左右 已经很好了 |
[11:42] | It just seems so unfair. | 可是太不公平了 |
[11:45] | One minute he’s lying in the bed, smiling and happy, | 刚刚他还躺在床上幸福地微笑 |
[11:49] | and ten seconds later it’s over. | 十秒后一切就都没了 |
[11:54] | For heaven’s sake, | 天哪 |
[11:55] | it happens to every man a couple of times in his life. | 每个男人一生中都会有这么几次的 |
[11:57] | Why can’t you women just take it as a compliment? | 你们女人就不能当成是赞美吗 |
[12:07] | Look, I appreciate you coming down here with me, | 你能陪我来我很高兴 |
[12:10] | but I don’t think I can make it. | 不过我做不到啊 |
[12:11] | Roz, we have discussed this. | Roz 我们谈过了的 |
[12:13] | This is going to be your breakthrough day. | 今天会有所突破的 |
[12:14] | – They hate me here. – You’re just overreacting. | – 他们恨我 – 你只是反应过度 |
[12:16] | There’s no way they think you’re the Angel of Death. | 他们不可能把你当成什么死亡天使 |
[12:22] | – I’m leaving. – No, Roz, this is not like you. | – 我走了 – 不 Roz 这都不像你了 |
[12:26] | The Roz I know is not a quitter. She’s a fighter. | 我认识的Roz可不会半途而废 她是个勇士 |
[12:28] | I just can’t help thinking it’s going to happen again. | 可我总觉得又要发生悲剧了 |
[12:31] | They always die in threes. | 人们总是扎堆 三个一块死 |
[12:32] | Oh, God, that’s just celebrities. Come on. | 老天 也就名人是这样啦 快来 |
[12:38] | All right, in you go. | 好了 进去 |
[12:40] | Just get– Just get in there. | 进去就好 |
[12:43] | – Hi, I’m Roz. – I’m Moira. Come in. | – 你好 我是Roz – 我是Moria 进来吧 |
[12:48] | – How are you feeling today? – Fine. | – 你今天感觉好吗 – 很好 |
[12:50] | – Really? Do you feel okay? – Yes. | – 真的吗 你感觉很好 – 是啊 |
[12:52] | Now, do me a favor and hand me those cigarettes, would you? | 帮个忙 把那烟递给我吧 |
[12:57] | You know, these things do come with a warning. | 这可不是好东西 包装上就有警告呢 |
[12:59] | So do you, darling. I let you in. | 你也是啊 亲爱的 我还是让你进来了 |
[13:04] | Good afternoon. How you doing? | 下午好 你好吗 |
[13:07] | Is that Dr. Crane? | 是Crane医生吗 |
[13:10] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:11] | – Dr. Frasier Crane? – Yes. | – Frasier Crane医生吗 – 是的 |
[13:15] | – Have we met? – No, but I thought that was you. | – 我们见过吗 – 没有 不过我猜是你 |
[13:18] | I recognize your voice from the radio. | 我认出你的声音了 |
[13:20] | I listen to your program all the time. | 我一直听你的节目 |
[13:22] | Norman Royster. | 我是Norman Royster |
[13:22] | 詹姆斯·厄尔·琼斯 曾为《星球大战》和《狮子王》 (Lion King)中辛巴的爸爸配音 获得84届奥斯卡终生成就奖 | |
[13:24] | Well, it’s my pleasure. | 很高兴认识你 |
[13:27] | Are you here visiting somebody? | 你今天来看谁吗 |
[13:28] | No, I’m just here with a friend of mine, Roz. | 没有 我只是陪我朋友Roz过来 |
[13:30] | She’s doing some community service. | 她来做社区服务 |
[13:32] | Oh, the Angel of Death. Nice gal. | 哦 死亡天使啊 是个好姑娘 |
[13:36] | You know, I remember one day I was listening to your program, | 记得有一天我在听你的节目 |
[13:41] | and it was right after my wife died, | 那是我妻子去世后没多久 |
[13:43] | and I was going through kind of a rough patch… | 我正经历一段低谷 |
[13:45] | You told this guy who was going through the same thing that | 你告诉那个跟我一样遭遇的听众说 |
[13:48] | he should keep pictures of his wife around | 他应该把他妻子的照片放在身边 |
[13:50] | to help with the transition. | 来度过这段时期 |
[13:51] | That was a good idea. | 真是个好主意 |
[13:53] | So you started keeping pictures with you? | 于是你把妻子的照片放身边了 |
[13:55] | Well, that wouldn’t make much sense, now would it? | 那可没什么效果 不是吗 |
[13:58] | Well, no. Well, what did you do? | 哦是啊 那你是怎么做的呢 |
[14:00] | Well, I remembered, when we were dating, | 我记起我们刚开始约会的时候 |
[14:02] | Helen made this life mask of herself for art class, | Helen在艺术课上做了张她自己的脸模塑像 |
[14:07] | and I had my daughter dig through the attic, | 我让我女儿在阁楼里仔细翻找 |
[14:09] | and, lo and behold, she found it. | 虽然费了点劲 但她找到了 |
[14:13] | This is the way she looked when we met. | 这是我们初遇时候的她 |
[14:16] | – Isn’t she beautiful? – Oh, yes. | – 她很漂亮吧 – 是的 |
[14:19] | So you were right. | 你是对的 |
[14:20] | Every night, before I fall asleep, | 每天晚上临睡前 |
[14:22] | I run my fingers over Helen’s beautiful face, | 我都会用手指抚过Helen的脸庞 |
[14:25] | and it takes me back to all those wonderful years we had together. | 重温我们曾经的美好时光 |
[14:28] | It made a world of difference. | 果然我感觉好多了 |
[14:31] | I wanna thank you. You really helped me. | 非常感谢你 你确确实实帮到了我 |
[14:34] | You have no idea how nice it is to hear that. | 听到这个我真的很高兴 |
[14:38] | Would you excuse me? | 失陪一下 |
[14:39] | It’s time for me to take one of my many pills. | 我该去吃我众多药片中的一份了 |
[14:42] | – Make yourself at home. – Thank you. | – 随便坐 – 谢谢 |
[15:07] | – What was that? – Nothing. Nothing. | – 什么声音 – 没啥 没啥 |
[15:11] | I just knocked your ashtray over. | 我刚碰掉了你的烟灰缸 |
[15:13] | Well, I hope it wasn’t damaged. | 噢 但愿没摔坏 |
[15:14] | My grandson made that for me at summer camp. | 那是我孙子在夏令营做给我的 |
[15:16] | Oh, no, it’s intact. Not the tiniest chip. | 没事 它没事 毫发无损 |
[15:19] | Oh, good. Set it back on the table. | 那就好 放回桌子上吧 |
[15:22] | You know how attached you get to family things. | 你懂的 一涉及家人做的东西 难免很紧张 |
[15:25] | – Do you have children, Dr. Crane? – Well, yes. | – Crane医生 你有孩子吗 – 有啊 |
[15:29] | Dr. Crane, are you on the floor? | Crane医生 你是趴在地上吗 |
[15:32] | I was just ah, tying my shoelace. | 我刚在呃 系鞋带 |
[15:34] | Yes, yes, I have a son. I’d much rather hear about your family. | 是的 我有个儿子 我更想听听你的家人 |
[15:38] | Well, I got four sons and one daughter. | 我嘛 有四个儿子一个女儿 |
[15:41] | You wouldn’t happen to be | Crane医生 你不会 |
[15:42] | single now by any chance, would you, Dr. Crane? | 现在还是单身吧 |
[15:44] | As a matter of fact, I am. | 事实上 我是还单身 |
[15:48] | So is my daughter. I’ll tell you about her first. | 我女儿也是 先跟你说说她吧 |
[15:51] | She’s a sweet thing. Beautiful too. | 她可是个小甜心 又漂亮 |
[15:53] | Just like her mother. Same cheekbones, same nose. | 就像她妈妈 一样的颊骨 一样的鼻子 |
[16:01] | And what a lovely nose it is. | 多漂亮的鼻子啊 |
[16:05] | So there are four of us in the raft, | 我们四个人坐在橡皮艇上 |
[16:09] | and I see we’re heading into a patch of white water. | 我看到我们正冲进一片白浪 |
[16:12] | Suddenly, we slam into a rock, and the next thing I know, | 突然就撞上了块石头 我就记得 |
[16:16] | my teeth are flying into the Colorado River. | 我的牙飞进了科罗拉多河 |
[16:19] | I damned near dived in after them. | 我差点就要跟着他们一起跳下去 |
[16:22] | Those teeth cost more than the whole trip. | 这些飞掉的牙可比那次旅行更值钱 |
[16:26] | – You’ve had quite a life. – I suppose. | – 你人生经历真丰富 – 大概是吧 |
[16:29] | Never got arrested, though. Oh, good for you. | 不过很遗憾从没被逮捕过 噢 你就没这遗憾了 |
[16:34] | It wasn’t so great. | 没那么好啦 |
[16:36] | You know, it was the first time I ever got pulled over | 这是第一次我被叫停到路边 |
[16:38] | and couldn’t flirt my way past it. | 没能靠卖弄风情逃脱处罚 |
[16:40] | Oh, that’s almost as bad as the first time somebody calls you ma’am. | 那郁闷程度简直跟第一次有人叫你夫人差不多了 |
[16:44] | That happened the other day. | 前几天我才被叫过 |
[16:47] | It’s been kind of a rough week. | 这周过得真够呛 |
[16:49] | I bet I know just what you’re thinking. | 我大概知道你在想什么 |
[16:52] | “This is only the beginning. | “这只是开始 |
[16:53] | It’s only gonna get worse from here.” | 更可怕的还在后头呢” |
[16:56] | Well, yeah. | 没错 |
[16:58] | Let me tell you something. | 听我说 |
[16:59] | I’m 81 now. | 我已经81岁了 |
[17:02] | And every morning, I open my eyes, | 每天早上我睁开眼睛 |
[17:05] | and I see the sun streaming through the window. | 看到阳光照进窗户 |
[17:08] | I hear the birds chirping. | 听到鸟儿唧唧喳喳 |
[17:10] | I smell the coffee brewing down the hall. | 闻到走廊里飘来的咖啡香气 |
[17:13] | And I walk into the bathroom, and I look into the mirror. | 我走进浴室 看着镜子里的自己 |
[17:17] | – Do you know what I say to myself? – What? | – 知道我对自己说什么吗 – 说什么 |
[17:30] | What the hell is that? | 什么鬼东西 |
[17:32] | That’s the second thing I say. | 那是我第二句话 |
[17:37] | The point is, | 关键是 |
[17:38] | it is only gonna get worse from where you are right now. | 以后只会愈来愈糟糕 |
[17:43] | What did you want me to say? | 你想要我说什么呢 |
[17:45] | Life gets better with every passing year? | 年复一年生活更美好吗 |
[17:49] | You wanna hear that, you go talk to Mrs. Adelman. | 想听那个的话你找Adelman夫人去 |
[17:51] | You can’t miss her. | 你肯定找得到她 |
[17:52] | She’s the one in the TV room | 电视房里 |
[17:53] | with the inflatable seahorse around her waist. | 腰上绕着充气海马的就是她 |
[17:59] | Well, you’re not making me feel any better, Moira. | Moira 你根本没让我好过点啊 |
[18:02] | Because I can’t. | 因为我办不到啊 |
[18:04] | Nobody likes to get older, | 没人愿意变老 |
[18:05] | but it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy yourself. | 但这并不代表你不能享受人生了 |
[18:09] | I’ll tell you a funny story. | 给你说点有趣的吧 |
[18:11] | Last Thursday, I hacked into the main computer here | 上周四我黑进了这儿的主机 |
[18:16] | and changed the schedule. | 把日程表改了 |
[18:18] | So now I get all my sponge baths from Eduardo. | 现在都是Eduardo给我擦身了 |
[18:27] | You’re kidding me. | 不是吧 |
[18:29] | Look, you’re way too young to be concerned about all this. | 你还太年轻了 不用考虑这么些事情 |
[18:31] | Don’t waste the best years of your life | 别浪费这大把的好时光 |
[18:33] | worrying about something you can’t control. | 去担心你不能掌控的东西 |
[18:36] | I know. I know you’re right. | 我知道 你说得没错 |
[18:38] | You know, I wouldn’t care about getting older | 如果我以后脑子和你一样好使 |
[18:40] | if I thought my mind was gonna be as sharp as yours is. | 我根本不会在乎变不变老 |
[18:43] | Sharp? | 好使 |
[18:45] | I’ll tell you a funny story. | 告诉你件好事 |
[18:47] | Last Thursday, I hacked into the main computer here | 上周四我黑进了这儿的主机 |
[18:50] | and changed the schedule, | 把日程表改了 |
[18:52] | and now I get all my sponge baths from Eduardo. | 现在都是Eduardo给我擦身了 |
[19:02] | With the exception of not being able to | 除了不能看 |
[19:03] | watch Willie Mays steal second, | Willie Mays抢二垒 |
[19:05] | or Michael Jordan on a breakaway dunk, | 迈克尔乔丹的快攻灌篮 |
[19:08] | not a whole lot I feel like I missed out on. | 我没觉得自己失去了什么 |
[19:10] | Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Listen, have you got any glue around here? | 是吧 话说 你这儿有胶水吗 |
[19:14] | I don’t think so. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[19:16] | Well, the onyx has popped out of my cuff link, | 玛瑙从我的袖扣里掉出来了 |
[19:19] | and I was just hoping I might be able to reaffix it. | 我想着把它粘回去 |
[19:21] | The closest thing I have is denture adhesive. | 你可以试试我的补牙剂 |
[19:23] | It’s on the dresser. | 就在梳妆台上 |
[19:24] | Oh, good, good. Well, it’s worth a try. | 很好很好 值得试一试 |
[19:27] | Oh, these pills may keep me alive, | 这些药大概能让我活下去 |
[19:30] | but they sure don’t keep me awake. | 但肯定不能让我保持清醒 |
[19:32] | – You find it? – Yes. | – 找到了吗 – 找到了 |
[19:33] | Yes, you know, I think this just might do the trick. | 我想这一定能行 |
[19:39] | You know, the worst part about all this is | 现在最糟糕的就是 |
[19:41] | I used to be the kind of person who never got tired. | 我以前从不会觉得累 |
[19:44] | Well, then, you know, perhaps maybe we should take a brisk walk. | 啊 那 那我们就来个轻快的散步吧 |
[19:47] | – Get that old circulation going. – No, that’s okay. | – 促进血液循环 – 还是算了 |
[19:49] | It’s close to my bedtime anyway. | 反正我也该睡了 |
[19:56] | Seems like you have a visitor, Norman. | Norman 看来你来了位客人 |
[19:58] | Come in. | 请进 |
[20:02] | Come in. | 进来呀 |
[20:04] | It’s probably Mrs. Adelman. | 大概是Adelman夫人 |
[20:06] | She was an Avon lady before she lost her mind. | 她在老年痴呆之前是位雅芳女士 |
[20:10] | Well, you know– My goodness, that is a smashing robe. | 哎呀 这条睡袍太赞了 |
[20:14] | You know, I’m in the market for one like it myself. | 我也想买一件这样的呢 |
[20:16] | Why don’t you stand up and maybe I can read the label. | 你能站起来给我看看商标嘛 |
[20:18] | Come over here and have a look. | 过来看看吧 |
[20:21] | I seem to be sitting on something. | 我好像坐在什么东西上面 |
[20:23] | Oh, my cuff link. | 噢 是我的袖扣 |
[20:26] | All right, you know, here, | 太好了 放这儿 |
[20:27] | I’ll just ahh, place it back in here carefully and… a-ha. | 我只要小心地放回去 啊哈 |
[20:34] | Well, there we go. Good as new. | 很好 完好如初 |
[20:36] | Yes, well, Norman, | 那个 Norman |
[20:37] | I can’t tell you what a nice time it’s been spending a day with you. | 今天能和你相识真是太好了 |
[20:41] | – It was nice of you to drop by. – My pleasure. | – 很高兴你能来看我 – 我的荣幸 |
[20:44] | Oh, you’re over there. | 诶 你到那儿去了 |
[20:45] | Well, yeah, I was just having one last look at Helen. | 是啊 我想最后看看Helen |
[20:49] | Isn’t she beautiful? Such delicate features. | 她很美吧 雅致的五官(易碎品) |
[20:52] | They certainly are. | 当然 |
[20:56] | Norman Well, Norman, | |
[20:59] | it was a real pleasure. | 真的很高兴认识你 |
[21:01] | – I hope you keep listening to my show. – I sure will. | – 希望你能一直听我的节目 – 我肯定会的 |
[21:04] | You’re a good man. | 你是个好人 |
[21:06] | Not a lot of people left with your kind of integrity. | 现在已经没有多少人像你这么正直了 |
[21:22] | Norman Norman… | |
[21:25] | …I have a little confession to make. | 我要坦白一件事 |
[21:28] | I didn’t… | 我没 |
[21:30] | I didn’t drop your ashtray. I dropped the mask. | 我没碰掉你的烟灰缸 我是把面具弄掉了 |
[21:33] | And the nose was broke off. | 鼻子摔断了 |
[21:35] | I feel just terrible. | 我感觉糟透了 |
[21:36] | Oh, that’s why you needed my denture adhesive. | 噢 所以你要用我的补牙剂 |
[21:39] | – Yes. – Well, usually it works pretty well. | – 是的 – 一般它用起来效果挺好的 |
[21:41] | I must’ve dropped that mask ten times. | 我大概把面具弄掉十回了吧 |
[21:45] | I am blind, you know. | 我看不见啊 |
[21:51] | Certainly is a relief to hear that. | 听到这个我真放心了 |
[21:53] | Well, you know, I’d better get out of here | 我最好还是赶紧离开了 |
[21:54] | before I do any further damage. | 免得弄坏更多东西 |
[21:57] | It was great meeting you. | 很高兴能遇见你 |
[21:59] | Would you like me to leave the light on or off? | 要我留着灯还是关了呢 |
[22:01] | Surprise me. | 你看着办吧 |