时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:13] | – Niles. – I’m sorry to drop by unannounced, | – Niles – 不好意思 冒昧造访 |
[00:15] | – but I need your help. – Of course. Sherry? | – 但我需要你帮个忙 – 说吧 来杯雪莉酒喝 |
[00:17] | Please. As you know, ever since I moved into The Montana, | 好的 你也知道自从我搬进蒙大拿 |
[00:21] | I’ve been angling to meet our most famous tenant, | 就一直盼望着能见一见里面最知名的业主 |
[00:23] | Emerelda Bing, the walnut queen. | Emerelda Bing 又名胡桃皇后 |
[00:25] | Well, I finally cornered her | 我终于在 |
[00:27] | in the ornamental garden by the wishing well, | 小区观景花园的许愿池边逮到了她 |
[00:29] | and I felt very pleased with myself. | 终于见到了 我欢欣异常 |
[00:31] | That is, until the walnut | 但是胡桃皇后 |
[00:33] | queen invited me to a ball. Now I have a problem. | 邀请我参加舞会 现在问题来了 |
[00:35] | Yes, your life has become an operetta. | 明白 你的童话生涯就要开始了 |
[00:39] | No, it’s a charity ball. | 别闹 那是个慈善晚宴 |
[00:42] | And when I say “Invited,” | 而所谓”被邀请” |
[00:42] | I mean she let me buy a table for ten | 其实是她让我以5000美元的价格 |
[00:45] | – at $5000. – Oh, no. | – 包下了一张十人桌 – 哦 不是吧 |
[00:47] | I have until Sunday to sell eight $500 tickets. | 周日前我得把这8张票以500美金的价格推销出去 |
[00:50] | – Say no more. – Oh. | – 你不用多说了 – 噢 |
[00:52] | It’s a bit steep, but if it’s for charity… | 虽然有点贵但是好歹是为了做善事 |
[00:54] | Thanks, Frasier. | 谢谢你 Frasier |
[00:55] | – It is a very worthy cause. – All right. | – 你的善心钱没白花 – 好 |
[00:58] | – Well, who should I make this out to? – To the Esmerelda… | – 这张支票开给谁 – Emerelda |
[01:03] | Bing …Bing… | |
[01:05] | – …International… – Right. | – 国际 – 恩 |
[01:07] | …Doll Museum. | 洋娃娃博物馆 |
[01:11] | You do have a problem. | 你脑子进水了 |
[01:14] | I thought you prided yourself on supporting the arts. | 你不是以支持艺术品为荣嘛 |
[01:16] | The arts, Niles. Not the crafts. | 艺术品 Niles 不是手工玩意儿 |
[01:20] | I told you, I can’t do it now. Sherry’s taking me out | 我说过了 现在不行 Sherry约我一起 |
[01:22] | for our third-month anniversary, | 庆祝我们三个月的纪念日 |
[01:24] | and I gotta get a new sport coat. | 我还要买件新的运动外衣 |
[01:26] | You cannot skip your exercises again. You skipped them yesterday. | 你怎么能又不训练 昨天你就溜掉了 |
[01:29] | This is the only time Sherry can go shopping with me. | Sherry只有今天有空陪我逛街 |
[01:31] | And I can’t go without her. | 没她我什么也买不着 |
[01:32] | There isn’t a woman alive with her fashion sense. | 她是这世上最时髦的女人 |
[01:35] | Carmen Miranda having passed on. | 尽得卡门米兰达的真传 |
[01:38] | I should think having a lady friend | 我还以为现在有女朋友了 |
[01:40] | would make you exercise more, not less. | 能调动起你的运动积极性 而不是拖你后腿 |
[01:42] | I don’t mean to be indelicate, but a man in your condition | 我这么说可能直了点儿 但是就你现在的身体情况 |
[01:45] | who wants to enjoy certain, shall we say, indoor sports | 如果想享受下 那个 室内运动的快感 |
[01:48] | should take steps to make sure that cranky old Mr. Hip | 你就该开始注意保养那个嘎吱作响的老胯 |
[01:51] | doesn’t, shall we say, let down the team, if you get my meaning. | 以免 怎么说 让你的队友失望 你懂吧 |
[01:55] | Oh, don’t you worry about me. | 噢 别操心了 |
[01:56] | I may not be rookie of the year anymore, | 虽然我已经不是小鲜肉了 |
[01:58] | but I can still move around the bases. | 但我宝刀未老啊 |
[02:01] | – Oh, hey, Martin. – Oh, look, a scout from the majors. | – 噢 你好啊 Martin – 哎呦 来了个女童子军 |
[02:04] | – See you later. Gotta run. – Okay, bye. | – 回见 我得走了 – 好 拜拜 |
[02:06] | – Well, Roz, this is a surprise. – Big news. | – 怎么了 Roz 突然登门 – 爆炸新闻 |
[02:10] | Gertie Olsen’s leaving the station. | Gertie Olsen辞职了 |
[02:11] | What, from Gertie’s Grab Bag? | 什么 那个主持”Gertie的百宝囊”的 |
[02:13] | – I love that show. – Oh, please. | – 我特喜欢那档节目 – 噢 少来了 |
[02:15] | That homily-spouting hausfrau | 那个八卦的长舌妇 |
[02:17] | is the most embarrassing thing on the air. | 是台里最让人受不了的节目了 好不好 |
[02:18] | So she finally got canned, | 她到了还是被开了呗 |
[02:20] | No, she got a million-dollar TV deal. | 不是 她拿下了一档几百万酬劳的电视节目 |
[02:27] | Good news for Gertie, and for the many atheists | 这对Gertie 还有无神论者都是一桩莫大喜事啊 |
[02:30] | who will welcome this new proof of their theory. | 现在他们可有歪理邪说的例证了 |
[02:33] | Well, anyway, they’re | 恩 总之 台里 |
[02:35] | auditioning people for her time slot, and… | 在找人填补那个时间档的节目 然后 |
[02:39] | I’m gonna go for it. | 我想试一把 |
[02:41] | What do you mean, your own show? | 什么意思 做你自己的节目 |
[02:43] | Oh, Roz, that’s exciting. | 哦 Roz 太令人激动了 |
[02:46] | And what better way to celebrate | 我们该如何为这个激动人心的 |
[02:47] | an exciting new career move, | 职业新动向庆祝一番呢 |
[02:49] | than spending this Sunday at a swanky society ball. | 周日来场奢华的社交舞会真是再好不好过了 |
[02:52] | Oh, drop it, Niles! | 噢 行了你 Niles |
[02:55] | Roz, I must say, this comes as bit of a surprise. | Roz 实话说 这有点太突然了 |
[02:58] | I never knew you were interested in getting your own show. | 我都不知道你想有你自己的节目 |
[03:00] | Well, it’s the whole reason I got into radio. | 其实 这是我投身于播音行业的根本原因 |
[03:02] | I had my own show in college, | 大学时我就开过自己的节目 |
[03:04] | and when I started working at the station, | 但是到电台工作之后 |
[03:05] | I just sort of got stuck on the producing side. | 不得已一直作别人的制作人 |
[03:08] | Well, what kind of show did you have in mind? | 这样啊 那你想开一档什么节目 |
[03:10] | I thought I’d talk about stuff I know. | 我准备就聊些我了解的东西呗 |
[03:12] | You know, the singles’ life in Seattle. | 比如说 在西雅图的单身生活 |
[03:15] | Dating, fashion, where to meet available men. | 约会 时尚 什么地方钓男人之类的话题 |
[03:18] | If you’re looking for an | 如果你在寻找一个 |
[03:19] | event that’ll be crawling with attractive single men, | 满是单身钻石帅哥的场所 |
[03:20] | – this particular gala should be just– – Niles! | – 这里有个绝佳的聚会 – Niles |
[03:24] | Anyway, Frasier, I hope you’ll support me on this. | 总而言之 Frasier 我希望有你支持我 |
[03:28] | Well… I hate to lose you, | 嗯 虽然我不想失去你 |
[03:32] | but of course I’ll support you. | 但不管怎样我都会支持你的 |
[03:33] | Thank you, Frasier. You’re the best. | 谢谢你 Frasier 你真好 |
[03:35] | – Well… – Well, listen, | – 嗯 – 嗯 正好 |
[03:37] | as long as I’ve got you all here, I’m putting together an audition tape, | 趁着你们都在 我想准备去面试的录音小样 |
[03:40] | and I could use people to pretend to be callers. | 你们就来扮演来电的听众吧 |
[03:43] | – We’d be glad to help. – Sounds like fun. | – 没有问题 – 好主意 |
[03:45] | – I’ll come back tonight. – All right. | – 那我晚上再来 – 好的 |
[03:47] | And, Daphne, I need at least one spicy call. | 噢 Daphne 我想来个劲爆的 |
[03:50] | Could you pretend to be a | 你能不能装作 |
[03:51] | woman who doesn’t believe in sex without love, | 一个崇信无爱无性论者 |
[03:53] | but just feels so horny | 可你又时常感到欲火焚身 |
[03:55] | sometimes she wants to jump anything in pants? | 看见男人就恨不得扑上去 |
[03:57] | Well, I’ll try. | 好吧 我尽量 |
[04:00] | And while I’m at it, I’ll see if I can fake a British accent. | 反正是装嘛 到时候我再装成英国口音 |
[04:10] | Good afternoon, Seattle. I’m Roz Doyle, | 下午好 西雅图 我是Roze Doyle |
[04:12] | and this is Love Matters. | 您正收听的是爱情那些事儿 |
[04:15] | Today we’re chatting with | 今天要和我们聊一聊的 |
[04:16] | merchant seaman Steve Baron from Bellingham. | 是来自贝灵翰姆的海员Steve Baron |
[04:20] | Tell me, Steve, what do you look for in an ideal date? | Steve 跟我们说说 你认为什么是完美的约会 |
[04:24] | When my shipmates and I | 当我和船员们在海上 |
[04:26] | put into port after several weeks at sea– | 乘风破浪几周后终于停靠上岸时 |
[04:30] | Cut. | 停 |
[04:33] | I’m sorry, Frasier, but you don’t sound like a merchant seaman. | 不好意思 Frasier 可你听起来实在不像个海员 |
[04:36] | Point well taken. Let’s try again. All right. | 晓得了 我们再来一遍 来 |
[04:38] | So, Steve, what do you look for in an ideal date? | Steve 你理想的约会是什么样子的呢 |
[04:42] | When my shipmates and I… | 当老子和船员哥几个 |
[04:47] | …put into port after several weeks at sea, | 在海商漂泊几周后终于停靠上岸 |
[04:50] | the first thing we do is– | 我们要做的第一件事儿就是 |
[04:52] | Head for the antique sales. | 跑去古董市场兜售打捞品 |
[04:56] | Fine, smarty pants. You play Steve then. | 行 机灵鬼 你来演Steve |
[04:59] | No. Never mind. Let’s just go on to my next idea. Daphne? | 不 不用了 我们继续下一个话题吧 Daphne |
[05:03] | Okay, you be the girlfriend in a couple | 这样 你来扮这对情侣中的女朋友角色 |
[05:05] | who wants to spice things up in the bedroom. | 她想为他们的床上生活加点料 |
[05:07] | – Niles, will you be her boyfriend? – Yes. | – Niles 你来扮她的男朋友行不 – 当然 |
[05:14] | Okay. I’m here with Fred and Patty. | 各位 现在坐在我身边的是Fred和Patty |
[05:17] | Tell me, you two, what made you think | 来 说说 为什么你想 |
[05:19] | that your sex life needed a little jump-start? | 为你们的房事找点刺激 |
[05:23] | It’s all his fault. | 这还不是因为他 |
[05:26] | He just seems to have lost interest in me. | 他好像已经对我失去性趣了 |
[05:28] | I’ve done everything I can to entice him. I’ve… | 为了让他能兴奋起来 能做的我都做了 |
[05:32] | I’ve served dinner wearing nothing but high heels and an apron. | 我一丝不挂只穿着高跟鞋和围裙为他做晚餐 |
[05:38] | I’ve called him at the office and talked dirty. | 上班的时候打给他讲些下流话勾引他 |
[05:42] | And last night when he came home, I was lying in bed | 昨天晚上他回家时我涂抹了一身 |
[05:45] | wearing a whipped-cream teddy. | 奶油在床上等他 |
[05:49] | But did he care? No! | 但他在意么 根本不 |
[05:53] | And none of this turned you on, Fred? | 所有这些都不能让你兴奋起来么 Fred |
[06:04] | Fred Fred? | |
[06:06] | That’s nothing. You should | 这算什么 你应该 |
[06:07] | hear the other things that didn’t turn me on. | 再多听一些她引诱我的伎俩 |
[06:08] | Tell me about them, Patty. | 快给她讲讲 Patty |
[06:12] | Let’s cut to the chase. | 我们明说了吧 |
[06:14] | Patty, men are like fish. | Patty 男人就好比作鱼 |
[06:16] | When you first hook them, they wriggle around like crazy. | 刚上钩的时候他们疯了般的死命蹦跶 |
[06:19] | But once you finally reel them in, | 一旦你把他们搞到手 |
[06:20] | they just lie there with that glassy look. | 他们就一副死鱼样 躺着不卖力了 |
[06:23] | – I’d throw this one back. – That’s terrible advice. | – 要是我 就把这条扔回海里 – 这是什么烂建议 |
[06:26] | – No, it isn’t. – Yes, it is. | – 不 挺好的 – 什么话 |
[06:28] | You have no idea how Fred really feels about Daphne– Patsy. | 你跟本不了解Fred对Daphne的真实感受 Patsy |
[06:30] | – Patty – Patty – Patty. – Patty. | |
[06:33] | – This is pointless. – No, Roz, you were doing just fine. | – 根本毫无头绪 – 不 Roz 你做的挺好 |
[06:36] | No, I was terrible. I wasn’t helpful. | 不 我糟透了 根本没帮上忙 |
[06:39] | I wasn’t smart. I wasn’t even sassy. | 别说妙语连珠了 连爆点都没有 |
[06:41] | Well, well, perhaps not sassy, but you were certainly saucy. | 好吧 或许不够有料 但是听起来起码内容丰满 |
[06:44] | That borders on sassy. Roz! | 丰满和有料差不太多嘛 Roz |
[06:48] | Hello, Mr. Crane. | 你好 Crane先生 |
[06:49] | How was your romantic evening with Sherry? | 你和Sherry的浪漫之夜怎么样啊 |
[06:52] | Oh, it was fine. Fine. Yeah. Yeah. | 哦 挺好的 挺好 |
[06:56] | Hey, Daph, how about getting that exercise mat out? | 恩 Daph 要不我们做会儿训练吧 |
[06:59] | We’ll do some stretches, huh? Ah. | 我们拉伸下身体 好不好 |
[07:02] | Can’t right now. I’m helping Roz with her audition tape. | 现在不成 我在帮Roz做面试节目录音 |
[07:05] | Well, how long’s it gonna take? | 好吧 还要多久 |
[07:07] | What are you so eager for? | 你怎么突然那么猴急 |
[07:09] | Oh, I get the picture. | 噢 我明白了 |
[07:12] | Not too limber with Sherry this evening, were we? | 今晚在Sherry那 身手不够灵活了 是不是 |
[07:15] | Two hips but no hooray? | 空有皮囊玩不起来 |
[07:19] | Very funny. Well, you haven’t exactly been burning it up | 有意思 你自己还单着 |
[07:22] | in the romance department either. | 擦不起来爱情的火花 还说我 |
[07:23] | What do you know about my love life? | 你根本不了解我的感情生活 |
[07:26] | I was lying in bed | 我涂抹了一身 |
[07:27] | wearing a whipped-cream teddy. | 奶油在床上等他 |
[07:30] | But did he care? | 但他在在意么 |
[07:35] | It takes a little time to get the hang of it at first. | 开始总得花点儿时间去适应 |
[07:38] | My God, you should’ve heard my audition tape. | 天哪 你应该听听我那会儿的面试录音 |
[07:40] | – I was so inept it was incredible. – That’s true. | – 衰透了简直令人瞠目 – 确实是 |
[07:43] | Well… Oh, you mean– Well, you heard it. | 恩 噢 你是说 你听过了 |
[07:45] | All right, then you see what perseverance– | 好吧 那么你就明白坚持不懈是 |
[07:47] | There was a bootleg copy floating around the station for months. | 有个翻录的版本在台里疯传了好几个月 |
[07:50] | Yes, well, fine. So you get my point then. | 恩 那么 你至少明白我的意思 |
[07:52] | – Yeah, people still play it at parties. – Well, all right, Roz! | – 到现在还有人在派对上播呢 – 好吧 Roz |
[07:56] | Hey, Roz, I hear you’re trying out for a new job. | Roz 听说你在找新工作 |
[07:58] | Yes, as a matter of fact, I am. | 恩 的确如此 而且 |
[08:00] | And you could really help me with my demo. | 你或许能帮我录制面试小样 |
[08:02] | – What do I do? – I just want an honest answer. | – 怎么做 – 就实话实说 |
[08:04] | – I want to talk to you about first dates. – Okay. | – 讲讲你的第一次约会 – 好的 |
[08:07] | Are you sure Dad’s the | 你确信我老爸 |
[08:07] | best candidate for this particular subject? | 是你的这个话题的合适人选 |
[08:10] | Quick survey. How many Crane men here with a girlfriend? | 来统计下 现在Crane家里有女朋友的男士有几位 |
[08:16] | No, no. Keep them up while I count. | 来 来 你举起手我才能数嘛 |
[08:19] | All right, here. | 好吧 来吧 |
[08:20] | – Sure, I’ll help you. – Great. | – 当然 我可以帮你 – 太棒了 |
[08:22] | – Okay, Frasier… – Just a minute. Here we are. | – 那么 Frasier – 等一下 可以了 |
[08:26] | – Start the tape. – Yes. | – 开始录制 – 好的 |
[08:29] | Alright, we’re here with Martin, and we’re talking about first dates. | 我们将和Martin先生聊一聊他的第一次约会 |
[08:32] | Martin, tell me some of the tricks you use to impress women. | Martin 跟我们说说你是用什么秘诀吸引女人的 |
[08:36] | Well, I’m sorry to disappoint you, | 嗯 我可能让你失望了 |
[08:38] | Roz, but I really don’t know any tricks. | Roz 但是我真的没有什么诀窍 |
[08:41] | I mean, if a woman agrees to go out with me, I’d… | 我是说 如果一位女士愿意和我约会 我 |
[08:44] | Well, I’m not there to impress her or to play cool. | 嗯 我不会在那装牛逼或者摆酷 |
[08:47] | I’m there because I want to know her. You know, what she thinks, | 我和她一起是因为我想了解她 了解她的想法 |
[08:51] | what she likes. | 她所喜欢的东西 |
[08:52] | So that if I’m lucky enough to get another date, | 这样的话 如果我走运能再约她出来 |
[08:56] | I can plan something that I know she’d like to do. | 我就知道该准备些什么她会喜欢的活动 |
[08:58] | I guess I’m still old-fashioned or something, | 我想我还是比较传统 想法也过时了 |
[09:01] | but I think you should treat a woman like a queen. | 但是我觉得男人应该像对待女王般呵护女人 |
[09:09] | Bow to the master, boys. Bow to the master. | 快来跪拜情圣吧 孩儿们 跪拜吧 |
[09:15] | – Hey, Bebe! – Bulldog Briscoe, | – 好啊 Bebe – Bulldog Briscoe |
[09:17] | my absolute favorite client! | 我当之无愧最爱的客户 |
[09:19] | Hello, Bebe. | 你好 Bebe |
[09:21] | And Frasier Crane! Alert the judges, we have a tie! | 还有 Frasier Crane 注意了 评委们 这有个平手 |
[09:27] | Hello. Oh, my goodness, what a flock. These all yours? | 你好 噢 天哪 这么一大堆人都是你带来的 |
[09:30] | Yes. The minute I heard about the auditions, | 是的 我一听说有面试 |
[09:33] | I piled all my hottest new discoveries into the van. | 就把我新挖到的明日之星都塞进了面包车里 |
[09:36] | – You brought them in a van? – I call it | – 你用包车拉他们来的 – 我叫它 |
[09:38] | my Bebe’s Stars of Tomorrow Tour. | Bebe的明日之星之旅 |
[09:42] | People, I want you to meet Frasier Crane. | 大家过来见一下Frasier Crane |
[09:44] | – Hello. – The caringest client | – 你好 – 这是经纪公司史上 |
[09:46] | – an agent ever had. – Well… | – 最贴心客户 – 额 |
[09:48] | Frasier, this is Professor Pete, the human encyclopedia. | Frasier 这位是Pete教授 号称人肉百科全书 |
[09:52] | Ask him anything. He can’t be stumped. | 随便问吧 他所向披靡 |
[09:55] | Well, all right. Explain Freud’s theory of the superego. | 恩 好 请解释一下弗洛伊德的超我理论 |
[10:00] | Sigmund Freud, noted psychiatrist, was born in Vienna. | 西格蒙德弗洛伊德 知名心理学家 生于维也纳 |
[10:07] | – But that’s not what I asked. – He believed dreams | – 你这个答非所问啊 – 他认为梦境 |
[10:10] | had secret meanings. | 揭示着潜在意识 |
[10:13] | He just pulls it out of the air. | 怎么样 信手捏来 |
[10:16] | But if it’s a raucous political debate you want, | 当然如果你想听听激烈的政治辩论 |
[10:19] | meet newlyweds Hank and Hannah Finch. | 快来见见这对新婚夫妇 Hank和Hannah Finch |
[10:21] | – Hello, Hank. – He’s a right-wing Baptist preacher, | – 你好 Hank – 丈夫是右翼侵信会布道者 |
[10:24] | she’s a fun-loving bisexual. | 妻子是个可心的双性恋 |
[10:28] | Conflicts? You bet! | 纠结吧 这就对了 |
[10:31] | – Have you ever seen such talent? – Well… | – 你见过这样的人才么 – 恩 |
[10:35] | God, they’re pathetic. | 天哪 悲哀啊 |
[10:37] | – Frasier Frasier – Roz – Frasier, Frasier! – Roz. | |
[10:39] | – It went really well. – Oh, God, I’m so happy for you. | – 面试不错 – 哦 天哪 我真为你开心 |
[10:43] | Do you know what he actually said? At this moment, | 你知道他原话是怎么说的 到现在为止 |
[10:45] | – I am the candidate to beat! – Congratulations, Roz. | – 我是最有竞争力的选手 – 祝贺你 Roz |
[10:48] | – That’s fabulous. – Okay. | – 简直棒极了 – 好吧 |
[10:50] | – I’m gonna get set up for the show. – Okay. | – 我要着手准备节目了 – 是啊 |
[10:52] | – I’m so excited. – Okay. | – 我好激动啊 – 恩 |
[10:54] | Well, rah-rah for little Roz! | 恩 为小Roz呱唧呱唧 |
[10:57] | Yes, well, I’m really thrilled for her. I am. | 是啊 恩 我真为她激动 真心的 |
[11:00] | But God knows where I’m gonna | 但是我该上哪 |
[11:01] | find another producer I feel so in sync with. | 再找一个那么合拍的制作人 |
[11:04] | You know, Hank Finch produced hygiene films in the Army. | 其实 Hank Finch在军营时制作过卫生学电影 |
[11:07] | No, no. Bebe, I don’t think so. | 得了 Bebe 别开玩笑了 |
[11:11] | Oh, I’m not proud to admit this, but there is a small part of me | 噢 我知道不对 但是我心里有那么一丝丝 |
[11:14] | that hopes she doesn’t get the job. | 的私心希望她得不到那档节目 |
[11:16] | God, I feel guilty just saying that. | 天哪 听到自己说出来更有负罪感了 |
[11:18] | You’re so good. Everything makes you feel guilty. | 你好可爱哦 什么事儿你都感到内疚 |
[11:22] | I’m so proud to represent you. | 能做你的经纪人我很自豪 |
[11:24] | You’re like a modern-day what’s-his-name. | 你简直就是现代版的那谁 |
[11:27] | Pete! Famous German doctor, built a hospital in Africa. | Pete 德国著名医生 在非洲建立了医院 |
[11:30] | – Albert something? – Hang on. | – 阿尔贝特什么 – 我想想 |
[11:33] | – Schweitzer. – No… | – 施韦泽 – 不是 |
[11:40] | And that’s it for our show today. | 今天的节目就到这里 |
[11:42] | But before I sign off, this final note to Karla, | 在结束前 我再嘱咐Karla一下 |
[11:45] | who called us early from the planet Fripton. | 她早些时候从Fripton星球打来的 |
[11:50] | The technical term for your condition, | 你现在的情况用心理学的术语来说 |
[11:52] | which eluded me earlier, | 我之前没好意思说 |
[11:53] | is schizophreniform disorder. | 就是精神分裂 |
[11:57] | Or in layman’s terms: | 或者用大白话说 |
[12:01] | God, you know once in a while, | 天哪 有时候幸好 |
[12:02] | it’s nice to just call them as I see them. | 我只是接听电话 不用见到他们 |
[12:05] | Hey, what’s going on out here? | 哎 怎么了 |
[12:07] | Oh, good Lord, is it someone’s birthday? | 哦 天哪 有人过生日 |
[12:10] | I hate to be the one to break it to you, | 我不想当坏人告诉你这个消息 |
[12:12] | but Brenda from the newsroom got the job. | 新闻组的Brenda拿到那个节目了 |
[12:14] | – Brenda? – Oh, Roz. | – Brenda – 哦 Roz |
[12:17] | It’s total BS. Listen, if you need a little comforting later– | 这叫他妈什么事儿 如果你需要人陪的话 |
[12:20] | Hey, Brenda, all right! Wait up! I’m there for you. | 好 Brenda 马上 等一下 我随时都在 |
[12:25] | – Roz, I’m so sorry. – Oh, hell. I’ll be okay. | – Roz 太抱歉了 – 哦 算了 我没事儿 |
[12:29] | Guess I’d better go congratulate the winner. | 我最好还是过去祝贺下获胜者 |
[12:32] | Right. | 也好 |
[12:36] | Bebe, did you hear what happened to Roz? | Bebe 你听说Roz的事儿了么 |
[12:38] | Yes. No need to thank me,darling. | 恩 不用谢我 宝贝儿 |
[12:40] | What? What are you talking about? | 什么 你什么意思 |
[12:41] | I spoke to the station manager. | 我跟台长谈过了 |
[12:43] | I told him just how you’d feel if he gave Roz the job. | 我告诉他如果Roz走了你会怎么办 |
[12:45] | You did what? Get in here! | 你跟他说了什么 你进来 |
[12:48] | I said that Frasier Crane wasn’t about to work for a station | 我就说如果他的制作人走人了的话 |
[12:51] | – that would steal his producer away. – Oh. | – Frasier Crane肯定不会留在台里了 – 噢 |
[12:53] | A bluff, of course, but he crumbled like a matzo. | 我当然是诈他的 可他一听 跟春天的雪人一样瘫了 |
[12:56] | God, how could you? | 天 你怎么能这样 |
[12:59] | When I told you I’d hate to lose Roz, I didn’t mean for you | 我跟你说我不想失去Roz 不是想让你 |
[13:01] | – to sabotage her. – You didn’t? | – 毁了她 – 你没那么想 |
[13:05] | Oh, no. | 哦 天哪 |
[13:08] | What a horrible misunderstanding. Wink! | 怎么会有这样的误会呢 咱心知肚明 |
[13:13] | I mean it. | 我说真的 |
[13:15] | Oh, I see. | 哦 我明白了 |
[13:18] | So when you said in that off-handed way that you hoped | 所以当你无意中提到你不希望 |
[13:21] | that Roz wouldn’t get the job, I totally misinterpreted you. | Roz拿到那档节目的时候 我完全理解错了 |
[13:27] | – Wink! – Will you stop winking! | – 咱心知肚明 – 你能不能别眨眼睛了 |
[13:31] | My God, I could never want such a thing! | 天哪 我怎么会这样害她呢 |
[13:35] | God, maybe there’s some way I can still reverse this. | 天 或许有什么办法我们还能扳回局面 |
[13:38] | Oh, that was fun. I got to watch Brenda sign her new contract. | 噢 挺好的 我去看了Brenda签合同 |
[13:41] | Roz, I think what they did to you is monstrous. | Roz 我觉得他们这样对你简直禽兽不如 |
[13:43] | I wish I could stay here and console you, | 我真希望留下来安慰你 |
[13:46] | but my people are waiting for me in the van. | 但是我的孩儿们还在车里等我 |
[13:49] | I hope someone cracked a window. | 希望有人给他们开了窗户没让他们憋死 |
[13:54] | Listen, Roz, there’s something we need to talk about. | 过来 Roz 有个事儿我得跟你说 |
[13:57] | Oh, Frasier, I know what you’re gonna say. | 哦 Frasier 我知道你要说什么 |
[13:59] | That I tried my best. That I deserved it. | 我已经尽力了 那档节目应该是我的 |
[14:02] | I’m fine with this, really. | 没什么大不了的 真的 |
[14:04] | Yeah, I gave it a shot. That’s what counts. | 是的 我已经尝试过了 那就可以了 |
[14:08] | I didn’t get it. | 虽然我没得到 |
[14:09] | It’s not like my life is over. | 但又死不了人 |
[14:11] | Oh. Oh, no. Oh. | 哦 来来 |
[14:16] | Oh, look at me. I’m so busy feeling sorry for myself | 哦 你看我 光忙着伤心 我都没有 |
[14:20] | I haven’t even thanked you for all your help. | 感谢你的帮助 |
[14:22] | – That’s not necessary. – No, it is. | – 那算不上什么 – 不 怎么不算 |
[14:25] | Look how close you helped me get. | 你看你帮我拿到了多好的成绩 |
[14:27] | It’s because of you that I was second choice. | 因为有你他们才将我列为第二选择 |
[14:29] | I can’t argue with that. | 那倒也是 |
[14:32] | Come for a second. | 过来坐 |
[14:33] | Listen, there’s something I need to confess to you. | 听着 我得跟你坦白个事儿 |
[14:36] | You know, as much as I hoped that you’d get the job, | 你知道 虽然我也特别希望你可以得到这个机会 |
[14:39] | there was a very small part of me, a very selfish part, that… | 但我心中也有一小小的部分 有点儿私心 |
[14:45] | That hoped you wouldn’t. | 希望你不要得到 |
[14:47] | Oh, that’s not bad. That’s really kind of sweet. | 哦 这不算坏 其实很贴心的 |
[14:51] | Well, I’m glad to hear you feel that way because | 哦 你这样说我就放心了 因为 |
[14:53] | I happened to mention those feelings to Bebe. | 我偶然跟Bebe说了我的感受 |
[14:55] | – Bebe? You told Bebe? – It was just in passing. | – Bebe 你告诉了Bebe – 我只是捎带嘴提了一下 |
[14:59] | Oh, great. She torpedoed me, didn’t she? | 哦 好极了 所以她就算计了我 是不是 |
[15:01] | Yes. She told Doug that I’d quit if you got the job. | 恩 她跟Doug说你要是拿到了节目我就走人 |
[15:04] | – I don’t believe this. – I’m glad to see you’re as mad | – 真难以置信 – 这就对了我跟你 |
[15:06] | – at her as I am! – I’m mad at you! | – 一样气她 – 我在生你的气 |
[15:08] | – Me? – How could do that? | – 我 – 你怎么做的出来 |
[15:09] | It was just an off-hand remark. | 我只是随便说说 |
[15:10] | How was I to know how she’d react? | 我怎么知道她会这么做 |
[15:12] | She’s Bebe! | 她可是Bebe |
[15:15] | If you had said you liked my eyes, | 你要是跟她说你喜欢我的眼睛 |
[15:17] | they would’ve been on your desk tomorrow in a Tiffany box. | 明天它们就装在蒂芙尼的盒子里摆在你桌子上 |
[15:20] | Oh, God! Roz, I’m so sorry. | 哦 天哪 Roz 我太抱歉了 |
[15:22] | Just tell me how I can make it up to you. I promise I will. | 你说吧我怎么才能补偿你 我一定照办 |
[15:25] | – You mean it? – Yes. Anything. Just name it. | – 真的 – 恩 任何事 你说吧 |
[15:28] | – Fire Bebe. – Will that–? | – 炒了Bebe – 这个会不会 |
[15:30] | Well– How many things–? | 恩 还有别的 |
[15:33] | Isn’t there something else you’d like? | 还有没有别的法子让你解气 |
[15:36] | The only thing I wanted was that job. And she took it away. | 我只想得到那个节目 但被她搅黄了 |
[15:41] | I am not just suggesting this for my sake. | 而且我也不只是为了我自己 |
[15:44] | I’m suggesting it for yours. She is your representative. | 而是为了你 她是你的经纪人 |
[15:47] | When she goes out into the world lying and twisting your words | 当她在外面扯谎 随便曲解你的话 |
[15:51] | and stabbing people in the back, it reflects badly on you. | 背后伤人 最后伤害的是你的形象 |
[15:57] | You’re right, Roz. | 你说的对 Roz |
[15:59] | How can I consider myself an ethical person | 我怎么能自居为正人君子 |
[16:01] | when I have the princess | 我的经纪人是个 |
[16:02] | of darkness conducting my business for me? | 奸诈的黑心公主 |
[16:05] | Well, that’s it. I’m gonna have to fire that conniving harpy. | 对 就这样了 我去断了这只黑心女妖 |
[16:08] | I’m very proud of you. | 你真令我骄傲 |
[16:10] | I’m ashamed to think how long I’ve turned a blind eye | 一想起我曾纵容她这些无良的行为 |
[16:13] | on her unscrupulous behavior. | 我就羞愧难当 |
[16:15] | And what for? | 到底为了什么 |
[16:17] | Twenty-percent pay increase? Six-week paid vacation. | 每年涨薪20% 六周带薪年假 |
[16:21] | An expense account. A travel allowance. | 公款报销 旅游补助 |
[16:23] | – Frasier! – Well, not anymore. | – Frasier – 好的 我不要了 |
[16:30] | Frasier Crane’s here. He’s not alone. Have a seat. | Frasier Crane来了 还带了位女士 请坐 |
[16:37] | Frasier, Roz. My two favorite people. | Frasier Roz 我最喜爱的两个人 |
[16:40] | – Not for long. – Bebe, | – 不会再是了 – Bebe |
[16:42] | we’ve got to discuss what happened this morning. | 我们得聊聊今早的事儿 |
[16:44] | This time you won’t wink your way out of it. | 这次你别想眨眨眼就混过去 |
[16:46] | This sounds serious. You two come right in, | 听起来好严肃 你俩进来说 |
[16:49] | and we’ll solve this thing. | 我们来解决这件事 |
[16:52] | Let’s just promise to be totally honest with each other. | 让我们保证对彼此坦诚布公 |
[16:55] | We’re losing one. Code red. | 要走人了 红色方案 |
[16:59] | What can I get you? Champagne? | 你们喝点什么 香槟 |
[17:02] | – Nothing. – A massage? | – 不喝 – 来点按摩 |
[17:04] | – No, thank you. – You’re sure? | – 不用了 谢谢 – 真的吗 |
[17:06] | Vladimir can be here in five minutes. | Vladimir五分钟之内就能到 |
[17:08] | He will play your spine like a Steinway. | 他按摩就跟弹钢琴一样优雅 |
[17:10] | Can we just get started? | 我们能进入正题么 |
[17:13] | Roz, I’m just a wreck about our misunderstanding today. | Roz 对于今天的误会造成的结果我的心也乱了 |
[17:18] | – Can you ever forgive me? – No. | – 你能原谅我么 – 不能 |
[17:21] | Why should you? I don’t forgive myself. | 也难怪 我都不能原谅我自己 |
[17:24] | Bebe, what you did today was unfair, not just to Roz, but to me. | Bebe 你今天的所做所为对Roz 对我 都不公平 |
[17:30] | Thanks to you, a strain has been put on our relationship, | 因为你 我们的关系现在有了隔阂 |
[17:33] | both professionally and personally. | 无论是工作上还是私人感情上 |
[17:36] | Now all of this I might be | 要是说这次的事 |
[17:37] | able to let go had it been an isolated incident, | 只是个案 我也就算了 |
[17:39] | but I’ve observed that it’s | 但是我发现了 |
[17:41] | just part of a pattern– Are you quite all right? | 你的处事 你还好吧 |
[17:44] | It’s nothing. It’s just a silly little cardiac thing. | 没事 就是心脏有点小问题 |
[17:48] | Go, go! You’re distracting my client, and my clients come first. | 出去 出去 你妨碍了我的客户 我的客户就是上帝 |
[17:52] | Oh, poor little Bebe. How | 哦 可怜的小Bebe |
[17:53] | many fake pills do you have to take every day? | 每天你要吃下多少假药啊 |
[17:56] | Yes, did you really think you could deceive us sitting there | 好吧 你真的认为坐在这大把大把吞药片 |
[17:59] | popping a bunch of– | 就能骗过我们 |
[18:00] | Digitalis? Oh, my God! You really are sick! | 洋地黄 天哪 你确实病了 |
[18:03] | Well, of course I’m sick. | 恩 我是病了 |
[18:05] | But it makes me even sicker to think that I’ve angered you | 但是更让我心痛的是 我惹你生气了 |
[18:09] | when all I wanted to do was | 我只不过是想把你们这对 |
[18:10] | keep the best damn team in radio together. | 电台届的精英团队团结在一起 |
[18:12] | Oh, God. We’re gonna need a shovel to get out of here. | 真会说 看来我们今天是完不了了 |
[18:15] | Yes, all right, Bebe. Be that as it may, I still– | 恩 好吧 Bebe 就算是这样 我还是 |
[18:19] | I told you, no calls. | 我说过 现在不能接电话 |
[18:23] | What about my sister? | 我姐姐怎么了 |
[18:27] | One second. | 等一下 |
[18:30] | Did the air bag deploy? | 安全囊没有弹开么 |
[18:35] | Look, I’m gonna have to call you back. | 我稍后再打给你 |
[18:38] | Frasier’s here, and my clients come first. | Frasier在呢 我的客户就是上帝 |
[18:44] | I’m sorry. You were saying? | 不好意思 你刚才说什么 |
[18:47] | Since the moment we met, you have shown yourself to be | 从最开始我一认识你 你就是 |
[18:50] | ruthless and untrustworthy. | 一个狡猾无信的女人 |
[18:53] | As these are qualities I | 我不想这些坏品质 |
[18:54] | do not wish to have associated with my name, | 和我的名誉有任何关联 |
[18:56] | It’s best that we part– | 所以我们就此分道 |
[18:59] | – What did I say about calls? – Auntie Bebe? | – 我说过现在不接电话 – Bebe小姨 |
[19:04] | Oh, Suzy. | 哦 Suzy |
[19:08] | Sorry to hear about your mummy’s accident. | 听了你妈妈的事故我很难过 |
[19:11] | I’m frightened, Auntie Bebe. | 我好害怕哦 Bebe小姨 |
[19:14] | Don’t be, little one. | 不用怕 小家伙 |
[19:16] | If Mummy goes to heaven, will you take care of me? | 如果妈妈去了天堂 你能照顾我么 |
[19:24] | Of course, my little lamb. Assuming that I have the resources. | 当然了我的小心肝儿 只要我还有能力 |
[19:32] | Bebe, you know, I can’t help noticing | Bebe 我注意到 |
[19:34] | that none of your outside lines are lit up. | 你的外线电话灯根本就没亮 |
[19:36] | The bulbs are broken. | 灯泡都坏了 |
[19:43] | Auntie has to go. | 小姨得挂了 |
[19:45] | I’m with a client, and you know what we say about clients. | 这有客户在 你知道小姨对待客户的原则 |
[19:48] | They always come first. | 客户就是上帝 |
[19:52] | You are amazing. | 你真是不得了 |
[19:53] | Is there nothing you won’t stoop to? | 还有什么卑鄙的手段你使不出来 |
[19:57] | I had no idea who I was speaking to! | 我真不知道电话是谁打来的 |
[20:01] | How dare you impersonate my niece! | 好大的胆子你敢效仿我的侄女 |
[20:04] | I’ve had enough of your cruel jokes! You’re fired, Mother! | 你怎么能开这种残酷的玩笑 你被开了 妈 |
[20:10] | – I just wanna say– – No! Stop! | – 我想说 – 不 不用了 |
[20:12] | Not one more crooked word! | 别再费心花言巧语了 |
[20:15] | Your tongue could open a wine bottle! | 你真是巧舌如簧 |
[20:20] | As of now, Frasier Crane has resigned from your coven. | 现在我就跟你们黑心团伙彻底断交 |
[20:23] | Oh, that’s it, is it? I’m not virtuous enough for you? | 哦 断了 是么 对你而言我的道德低下 |
[20:27] | Not noble? Fine, quit! | 不够体面 是吧 好 你走 |
[20:30] | Next time you need a deal made, call the Dalai Lama! | 下次你再想做交易 就找达赖喇嘛吧 |
[20:34] | A long time ago I had to make a choice between being a good agent | 我老早就在成为一个成功的经纪人和良心人 |
[20:38] | and a good person, because, trust me, you can’t be both! | 之间做出了选择 听我一句吧 鱼和熊掌不可兼得 |
[20:42] | So forgive me if I don’t | 所以要是我没时间 |
[20:43] | have time to make everybody feel warm and fuzzy. | 关怀体贴到每个人你们多担待吧 |
[20:46] | I am just too busy spending | 只要我醒着每分每秒 |
[20:47] | every waking minute pulling any string, | 我就在忙着拉关系 |
[20:49] | playing any shameless trick | 做这些无耻的把戏 |
[20:51] | I can to make my clients’ dreams come true. | 不然我的客户的梦想只能画大饼 |
[20:54] | I am a star maker! | 我是个造梦人 |
[20:57] | And if you can’t appreciate that, there are plenty who can. | 如果你不感恩 有的是人求之不得 |
[21:01] | How about you? You want an agent? | 你呢 你需要经纪人不 |
[21:02] | – Oh, please! – You mean it? | – 哦 得了 – 真的 |
[21:04] | Roz Roz! | |
[21:07] | I never had an agent. It’s not like she worships the devil. | 我还没有过经纪人呢 她又没坏到崇拜魔鬼 |
[21:10] | Well, she doesn’t have to. He worships her! | 当然没有 魔鬼都得敬她三分 |
[21:16] | You’re absolutely right, Frasier. Forget it, Bebe. No way. | 你说的没错 Frasier 算了吧 Bebe 没门 |
[21:19] | That voice. I could listen to it all day. | 你的声音我真是百听不厌 |
[21:21] | It’s pure, yet smoldering like a nun with a past. | 那么干净 却有层次 好似看过红尘的修女 |
[21:25] | – You think so? – No, Roz, don’t look her in the eye. | – 你这么觉得 – 快 Roz 别看她的眼睛 |
[21:27] | I could triple your salary. Voiceovers, commercials… | 我可以把你的薪资提高三倍 录音 广告 |
[21:30] | Roz, listen to me. For God’s sake, | Roz 听我的 苍天哪 |
[21:32] | if you’ve got the tiniest shred of sense or dignity left, | 但凡你还有那么一丁点尊严尚存 |
[21:35] | remember what this woman | 别忘了这个女人 |
[21:36] | did to you this afternoon. And renounce her. | 今天下午对你做过什么 你要谴责她 |
[21:38] | She has no scruples. No ethics. And no reflection! | 她没有自尊心 道德底线 照镜子都照不出影儿 |
[21:45] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们走吧 |
[21:47] | Well, nice doing business with you. Wink! | 好吧 曾经合作愉快 骗你的 |
[21:53] | Oh, damn it. Frasier, I forgot my purse. | 哦 妹的 Frasier 我包落在里面了 |
[21:56] | – All right. – Just be a minute. | – 好的 – 等我一下 |
[21:58] | – Lunch tomorrow? – 12:30. Bernardi’s. | – 明天中午一起吃饭 – 十二点半 Bernadi餐厅见 |
[22:00] | Gotcha. | 没问题 |