时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Let me have a tall skinny to go, please. | 来一杯脱脂咖啡 外带 |
[00:11] | And you can keep the change. | 不用找零了 |
[00:12] | Now, I’ve only got a moment. | 我只能坐一会儿 |
[00:13] | I’ve taken on a very exciting project. | 我接了个特有意思的活儿 |
[00:15] | – Oh, really. – Yes. Well, you know, | – 哦 是嘛 – 可不是 |
[00:17] | this is KACL’s 50th anniversary. | 今年是KACL电台成立50周年 |
[00:19] | I did a little research, | 我查了查 |
[00:20] | found out that they used to specialize in live radio dramas. | 发现他们早年是专门做广播剧直播的 |
[00:24] | So I’m putting one on. | 所以我也准备了一出 |
[00:25] | – Dad, surely you must remember those. – Oh, sure. | – 老爸 你一准儿记得这些 – 哦 那当然 |
[00:27] | Yes, people of Dad’s generation would sit around at night, | 老爸那一代人 天一黑了就待在家里 |
[00:30] | listening to the radio, absolutely mesmerized. | 听听广播 绝对都是铁杆粉丝 |
[00:32] | We were a simple people. | 我们那一代活得简约 |
[00:34] | All right, Dad. | 好啦 老爸 |
[00:36] | Anyway, I spoke with the station manager. | 总之呢 我跟电台经理谈了谈 |
[00:37] | He’s given me 30 minutes | 他同意给我30分钟 |
[00:39] | to re-create the very first mystery KACL ever aired. | 重现KACL电台第一部惊悚广播剧 |
[00:43] | “Nightmare Inn.” | <梦魇旅馆> |
[00:44] | Oh, don’t tell me, I know. | 别说出来 这个我知道 |
[00:46] | Bunch of people get caught in a storm, | 几个人因为风暴被困住了 |
[00:48] | and everybody’s wondering | 每个人都在疑神疑鬼 |
[00:49] | who’s gonna be the first one murdered. | 猜测到底谁是第一个送命的倒霉鬼 |
[00:51] | Exactly! And I’m going to direct. | 对啦 我将出任导演 |
[00:53] | Oh, so we can stop wondering. | 那我们就不用猜了 |
[00:57] | What, you don’t think your brother knows how to direct? | 咋了 你觉得你哥哥挑不了大梁 |
[00:59] | No, the trouble is he doesn’t know how to stop directing. | 不 问题是他挑着就不放了 |
[01:02] | During our prep school production of Richard III, | 我们读预科的时候 排过一出<理查三世> |
[01:04] | he drove the entire cast crazy | 他不停地嫌弃这个 嫌弃那个 |
[01:05] | with his constant critiquing. | 把整组人都逼疯了 |
[01:07] | I seem to recall a delay on opening night | 我至今记得第一场演出无法正点开始 |
[01:09] | while our Richard chased Frasier around the dressing room, | 因为我们的理查大帝在化妆室里追着Fraiser |
[01:11] | beating him with his hump. | 用他的驼背猛揍他 |
[01:14] | Niles, it was just a little backstage horseplay | Niles 我们就是在后台闹着玩 |
[01:16] | to relieve tension. | 缓解一下气氛 |
[01:17] | – Thank you. – You have an Orson Welles complex. | – 谢谢 – 你有奥森威尔斯综合征 |
[01:19] | By the end of the week, you’ll not only be directing, | 光做导演哪儿能满足你 不出这一周 |
[01:21] | you’ll have rewritten the script | 你就会把主线改了 |
[01:22] | and be playing the lead. | 亲自上阵当主角儿 |
[01:23] | I have no intention of performing in it myself. | 我根本没想过要参演呀 |
[01:25] | The only rewriting I’ve done is simply cutting, | 就算改编了 我也只是删掉了几场戏 |
[01:27] | to get it down to 30 minutes. | 要不30分钟哪儿演得完呢 |
[01:29] | “Frasier Crane’s Nightmare Inn”? | |
[01:31] | It’s just a working title. | 就是个临时的叫法 |
[01:37] | Well, that’s our show for today, | 我们今天的节目就到这儿了 |
[01:39] | but let me remind you to tune in | 提醒您记得收听 |
[01:40] | on Saturday night for KACL’s presentation of “Nightmare Inn.” | 周六晚KACL推出的广播剧<梦魇旅馆> |
[01:46] | Just set your dials for goose bumps. | 准备好鸡皮疙瘩掉一地吧 |
[01:49] | Till then, this is Dr. Frasier Crane reminding you that | 我是Frasier Crane 提醒您 |
[01:52] | you’ll never know what’s lurking in the shadows. | 你永远不知道黑暗里潜藏着什么 |
[02:05] | Well, that should certainly comfort | 这下可算安慰了 |
[02:06] | the woman who called in about her paranoia. | 那个因为被害妄想症打电话进来的女人了 |
[02:11] | – Listen, do we have a leading man yet? – No. | – 对了 主角找到了人吗 – 还没 |
[02:13] | Well, you could do it. | 那你上吧 |
[02:14] | Oh, don’t be silly, Roz. | 哦 别瞎说了 Roz |
[02:16] | My God, it is a juicy part, | 亲娘嘞 这么个重要角色 |
[02:17] | does call for a strong voice, | 确实需要个硬底子的人来演 |
[02:19] | but believe me, my hands are full. | 相信我 我已经够忙了 |
[02:20] | Oh, Frasier, | 哦 Frasier |
[02:22] | I’ve had a quick peek at your script, and I think I’d be perfect | 我瞄了一眼你的剧本 觉得我出演 |
[02:25] | as “Bull” Kragen, the brutish gamekeeper. | 野兽派猎场看守人Bull Kragen最合适 |
[02:29] | You know, Gil, I think that’s just a bit too on the nose. | Gil 那样太本色出演了 |
[02:34] | – Well, maybe. – But you know what you could play? | – 嗯 好吧 – 你知道你演谁最合适吗 |
[02:35] | Yes. Nigel Fairservice. | 没错 Nigel Fairservice |
[02:38] | Drummed out of the Royal Air Force | 他被皇家空军开除 |
[02:39] | under mysterious circumstances. | 但是开除原因不明 |
[02:43] | With him playing it, they may not seem so mysterious. | 要是他来演的话 这原因就显而易见了 |
[02:47] | I’ll take it. | 行 我接了 |
[02:48] | After all, Nigel does have that | 反正 Nigel在第二幕的时候 |
[02:50] | divine speech in the second act | 有一场精彩的独白 |
[02:52] | about his boyhood in Surrey: | 描述了他在萨里的童年生活 |
[02:54] | “Romping with his school chums | “在沼泽和灌木林中 |
[02:56] | in the fens and spinneys, | 留下了他和小伙伴嬉戏的身影 |
[02:57] | when the twilight bathed the hedgerows | 暮光轻触在篱笆墙上 |
[02:59] | like a lambent flame.” | 犹如摇曳的火焰” |
[03:03] | Actually, I had rather a long peek at the script. | 其实那剧本我瞄了不止一眼 |
[03:08] | Gosh, we still have a lot of these supporting roles to cast. | 爷呀 还有一大堆小角色得找人呢 |
[03:10] | Actually, I’m working on that. | 别担心 我已经安排好了 |
[03:12] | You know, Jennifer down in Accounting is married | 会计部的Jennifer的丈夫 |
[03:13] | to a professional actor | 是一位专业演员 |
[03:14] | who specializes in dialects. | 他最擅长各种方言 |
[03:16] | I’m thinking of asking him to play six or seven smaller parts. | 我想请他扮演六七个小角色 |
[03:18] | Hey, doc. Need one more for your play? | 嘿 医生 你的戏还缺人吗 |
[03:21] | Absolutely, Bulldog. | 正缺呢 Bulldog |
[03:22] | Just as long as you promise | 只要你答应在你节目里宣传宣传 |
[03:23] | to promote it on your show. | 就给你安排个角色 |
[03:24] | Actually, I wasn’t talking about me. | 其实 不是我想参演 |
[03:26] | I was talking about a friend of mine, Maxine. | 是我的一个朋友想来 Maxine |
[03:29] | – Does she have any experience? – Are you kidding? | – 她有什么相关经验吗 – 开玩笑 |
[03:31] | If she had a dollar for every minute she spent on stage– | 要是她上台一分钟就能挣一块钱 她 |
[03:34] | Oh, wait a minute. She does. | 等等 她确实只挣一块钱 |
[03:37] | Well, we do still have the part of the maid. | 我们倒真有个角色还空着 女仆 |
[03:39] | She only has one line. | 她只有一句台词 |
[03:40] | – Does it have any big words? – No, it’s simple. | – 有没有什么拗口的词 – 没 特简单 |
[03:42] | “Look out! He’s got a gun.” | “小心 他有枪” |
[03:44] | Maxine could knock that line right out of the park. | Maxine一准儿闭着眼都能演好 |
[03:46] | Well, okay, but you will have to agree to play a part too. | 好吧 但是你也得选一个角儿 |
[03:49] | We still need someone for the sinister silk merchant. | 还有个阴险的丝绸商人没人演 |
[03:53] | Okay, it’s a deal. And Maxine is gonna be so excited. | 好吧 就这么说定了 Maxine非得乐晕了不可 |
[03:56] | I gotta remember to pick her up | 我今天下班得给她 |
[03:57] | one of those cute French maid outfits on my way home from work. | 买件风骚的法国女仆装 |
[04:00] | It’s radio, Bulldog. | 咱们是广播剧 Bulldog |
[04:01] | She doesn’t have to be in costume. | 她不用穿戏服 |
[04:02] | Maybe here she doesn’t. | 在这儿不用 别处另有妙用 |
[04:06] | Well, we’re getting there. | 看看 人员差不多了 |
[04:08] | Except for the lead. | 只剩那个主角了 |
[04:09] | I haven’t found anyone even remotely qualified | 我根本没发现有人能把这位 |
[04:11] | to play a wily old Scotland Yard inspector. | 足智多谋的苏格兰场侦探演活了 |
[04:13] | You may be right. Roz. | 也许你是对的 Roz |
[04:15] | I may have to bite the bullet. | 我得为全局牺牲小我 |
[04:16] | Take on the part myself. | 御驾亲征了 |
[04:17] | Excuse me, Dr. Crane. | 打扰下 Crane医生 |
[04:19] | Is it too late to read for the role of the inspector? | 那个侦探的角色还空着吗 |
[04:22] | I’m afraid the part has already been cast. | 不好意思 已经有人演了 |
[04:34] | – Come on in. – Hi, Daphne. | – 快进来 – 你好 Daphne |
[04:35] | – Hello. – Bulldog, Gil. | – 你好 – Bulldog, Gil. |
[04:37] | – Right on time – good. | – 时间正好 – 太好了 |
[04:38] | We have to be on our toes tonight, | 我们可得用心准备 |
[04:40] | we have a professional actor with us. Mel White, | 今晚来了一位专业演员 Mel White |
[04:43] | our man of a thousand voices. | 我们的千喉观音 |
[04:44] | Oh, it’s a huge pleasure. | 见到您太荣幸了 |
[04:46] | Mel is going to play Hans, the German butler | Mel将扮演德国管家Hans |
[04:48] | both McCallister sisters, | McCallister姐妹俩 |
[04:49] | and Peppo the dwarf, “A little man with a big secret.” | 矮人Peppo 人小”鬼”大 |
[04:56] | The same guy’s playing all those parts? | 他一个人演这么多角色 |
[04:57] | Yes, he’s also playing “Bull” Kragen, the gamekeeper, | 是呀 他还演猎场看守人Bull Kragen |
[05:00] | and O’Toole, the handyman. | 维修工O’Toole |
[05:01] | Are you up to it, Mel? | 没问题吧 Mel |
[05:02] | Just so they don’t all talk at once. | 只要他们不同时说话就行 |
[05:05] | Isn’t it lovely to be working with a professional? | 跟专业人士合作就是这么棒 |
[05:09] | Hold it. Bulldog, where’s Maxine? | Bulldog 等等 Maxine人呢 |
[05:11] | She’s home with food poisoning. | 她食物中毒了 在家歇着呢 |
[05:13] | It’s nothing serious. | 应该没什么事 |
[05:14] | I think she just wrestled in some bad Jell-O. | 我猜她在跟变质的果冻作斗争呢 |
[05:20] | Well, never mind. | 好吧 |
[05:22] | She just has one line, anyway. “Look out! He’s got a gun.” | 她就一句词 “小心 他有枪” |
[05:25] | You think you– You might be up to that this evening, Daphne? | 你觉得你今晚可以替她一下吗 Daphne |
[05:27] | – Oh, I’ll try. – Good. | – 我会竭尽所能试试的 – 太好了 |
[05:29] | Frasier, one of Nigel’s lines seems to be missing. | Frasier Nigel有句词怎么不见了 |
[05:34] | Yes, I had to cut the play by 20 minutes, Gil. | 我得把剧本裁掉20分钟啊 Gil |
[05:35] | Yes, yes. But that line so neatly defined Nigel’s character. | 我知道 可是这句精确体现了Nigel的性格啊 |
[05:39] | Saying “Gesundheit” After the butler sneezes? | 你是指在管家打喷嚏后用德语说了句”保佑你” |
[05:41] | It shows he’s a caring person. | 这体现了他关爱他人啊 |
[05:44] | It’s cut, Gil. Learn to let go. | 这句得减掉 Gil 你就放手吧 |
[05:46] | Oh, very well. | 好吧 |
[05:47] | As long as I still have that | 只要我还有那段美妙的 |
[05:48] | delicious speech about my boyhood in Surrey. | 萨里童年时光的独白就行 |
[05:50] | Yes, that’s still in. | 那段我没删 |
[05:51] | “Romping with my school chums | “在沼泽和灌木林中留下了 |
[05:53] | – in fens and spinneys–” – Yes, yes, that one! | – 我和小伙伴嬉戏的身影” – 是 是 就是那段 |
[05:56] | Yes, thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[05:58] | All right, now, I fear we may be running just a bit long still. | 好了 因为怕超时 |
[06:02] | So I’ve asked Daphne to time us this evening, | 所以我请Daphne今晚给我们计时 |
[06:04] | and also, Noel hasn’t rounded up all the sound effects yet, | 另外 Noel还没把声音特效准备好 |
[06:07] | so I’m gonna have Daphne read those directions as well. | 所以Daphne还负责读所有的背景台词 |
[06:10] | Now, that’s a lot of responsibility on you, Daphne. | Daphne 你今晚任务很重呢 |
[06:12] | are you sure you’re up to it? | 没问题吗 |
[06:16] | All right. Start the watch. Stage direction. | 好吧 开始计时 背景台词上 |
[06:21] | “Sound of door opening.” | 开门的声音 |
[06:23] | Inspector, thank God you’ve come. | 侦探先生 您可来了 |
[06:25] | Stop the watch. | 停 |
[06:28] | Roz, I have a line here that says, | Roz 我下面的台词是 |
[06:30] | “When she opened her lips, | “她一张嘴 |
[06:31] | I caught a hint of some exotic accent.” | 我就从她口音里察觉到了一丝异域风情” |
[06:34] | You’ll notice it does not say, | 这儿可没说 |
[06:35] | “When she opened her lips, cheese fell out.” | “她一张嘴 芝士就喷出来了” |
[06:40] | Okay, and… | 好啦 |
[06:42] | …start the watch. | 开始计时 |
[06:44] | This is a grisly business, Miss Thorndyke. | 这件事很诡吊 Thorndyke小姐 |
[06:47] | “Sound of door closing.” | 关门的声音 |
[06:48] | I can’t believe any of my guests could be a multiple murderer. | 我不敢相信 我的客人里竟然有个杀人狂魔 |
[06:52] | That’s easy for you to say, | 你说得轻巧 |
[06:54] | but my job is to suspect everyone. | 但我的职责是怀疑每一个人 |
[06:56] | Please introduce me to your guests. | 请为我介绍下您的客人们吧 |
[06:58] | This is the silk merchant, Mr. Wang. | 这是丝绸商人 Wang先生 |
[07:03] | Stop the watch. | 停 |
[07:05] | – What’s your problem? – “Wang”? | – 你抽什么风 – Wang |
[07:09] | You gotta give me another name. | 你得给我重新起个名儿 |
[07:10] | I’ll crack up every time I hear that. | 要不我得听一回笑一回 |
[07:11] | All right. All right. | 罢了 罢了 |
[07:15] | How about “Wing”? All right? That’s a great old Chinese name. | 那就叫Wing吧 是个好中文名 |
[07:20] | All right, everybody, change Wang to Wing in your scripts. | 好了 大家把剧本上的Wang改成Wing吧 |
[07:23] | Sound of people changing Wangs to Wings. | 人们把Wang改成Wing的声音 |
[07:30] | From your line. Start. | 从这句接着往下 开始 |
[07:33] | This is the silk merchant, Mr. Wing. | 这是丝绸商人 Wing先生 |
[07:36] | Did you see anything suspicious, Wing? | 你有没有发现什么不对劲的地方吗 Wing |
[07:38] | Oh, me no lookee. Me go beddy-bye, chop-chop. | 我不看 我去床 拜拜 剁剁 |
[07:41] | Stop! Chinese Embassy on line one. | 停 中国大使馆来电抗议 |
[07:46] | – You can’t say that. – It’s all right. | – 你不能那么说 – 没事 |
[07:48] | I’ll just adjust his dialogue later. | 我晚点再调整他的台词 |
[07:50] | All right. Start. | 好了 开始计时 |
[07:52] | I’m Nigel Fairservice, inspector. | 我是Nigel Fairservice 侦探先生 |
[07:55] | I was strolling in the garden | 惨剧发生的时候 |
[07:56] | when this dreadful tragedy occurred. | 我正在花园散步 |
[07:58] | Did anyone see you? | 你有人证吗 |
[07:59] | Several people. Hans, the German butler… | 有好几个呢 德国管家Hans |
[08:02] | Ja, I saw the gentleman. | 啊 我瞅到这位先生了 |
[08:04] | Stop. | 停 |
[08:05] | You know, that’s wonderful, Mel… | Mel 你说得太好了 |
[08:08] | …but he sounds to me just a bit more Austrian than German. | 但我觉得这个角色的口音应该更偏奥地利那边儿 |
[08:12] | I’ve done that accent both on Broadway and the London stage. | 我在百老汇和伦敦演出的时候都是用的这个口音 |
[08:17] | Yes, well, perhaps they have different standards than I have. | 好吧 也许他们的标准与我的有差距吧 |
[08:20] | All right, everyone. | 好了 大家 |
[08:21] | From the beginning once again. | 从头开始 再来一次 |
[08:23] | Now, this time, please, people, dig in, | 这次请大家努力发掘情感 |
[08:25] | and try to find the reality. | 使表演更真实 |
[08:27] | From the dwarf’s entrance. | 从矮人上场开始 |
[08:30] | And so the case was closed. | 那么这算是结案了 |
[08:33] | And with a grateful shudder, | 劫后余生的我打着冷颤 |
[08:34] | I swore I’d never return to Nightmare Inn. | 决心再也不会重返梦魇旅馆了 |
[08:39] | Stop. Time? | 停 多长时间 |
[08:41] | – That’s 32 minutes, 40 seconds. – Damn! | – 32分40秒 – 该死 |
[08:44] | I’ll have to trim some more before we try again. | 我还得再卡掉一些内容 然后再来一遍 |
[08:46] | Again? We did this four times! | 再来一遍 我们都排练了四次了 |
[08:48] | We’ll do it till I’m completely satisfied. | 得练到我完全满意了才行 |
[08:50] | Oh, which reminds me, Mel… | 我想起来了 Mel |
[08:54] | I’m still not entirely happy with the second McCallister sister. | 我还是觉得McCallister妹妹的声音不大对劲 |
[08:57] | Oh? | 是嘛 |
[08:58] | Well, yes, she doesn’t sound spinsterish enough to me. | 是啊 她听起来还是不像老处女 |
[09:02] | I see. | 明白 |
[09:03] | You also told me that my gamekeeper sounded too cultured, | 你还说我演的牧场看守听起来教育程度太高 |
[09:06] | that my Irishman sounded more Protestant than Catholic, | 爱尔兰人听上去更像新教徒 而不是天主教徒 |
[09:10] | and that my dwarf was too tall! | 而我的矮人听上去太高 |
[09:13] | Let me try Hans again | 我再来一遍Hans |
[09:14] | and tell me how my German is sounding. | 让你听听我的德国口音 |
[09:17] | I quit! | 我不干了 |
[09:18] | Well, oh, wait! You can’t– | 等等 你不能 |
[09:21] | Sound of door slamming. | 摔门的声音 |
[09:26] | So, what do we do now, boss? | 我们现在怎么办 老大 |
[09:28] | Not to worry. I have a plan. | 不用担心 我早有妙计 |
[09:29] | Oh, yeah, right. We’re supposed to do this thing tomorrow night. | 是吗 你倒会说 我们明天晚上就要直播了 |
[09:33] | Where are you gonna find an idiot | 现在上哪儿去找个蠢蛋 |
[09:34] | willing to take six dialect parts unrehearsed? | 能答应客串六个角色 还不用排练的 |
[09:37] | Niles Niles. | |
[09:38] | The sound of ominous organ music indicating trouble ahead. | 不祥的风琴声预示着麻烦连连 |
[09:46] | Oh, there’s your brother. | 哦 你弟弟来了 |
[09:48] | How is he enjoying the prospect of playing six parts? | 一下子扮演六个角色 他爽得不行吧 |
[09:50] | Actually, he doesn’t know about it yet. | 说实话 他还不知道哪 |
[09:52] | If he did, he never would have agreed. | 要是知道了 他哪儿会同意来救场 |
[09:54] | Frasier. You told me you were going to | Frasier 你说过今天早上 |
[09:56] | messenger the script to me this morning. | 把剧本给我的 |
[09:57] | I’m so, so sorry, | 抱歉 |
[09:59] | I was tinkering with it until the last minute. | 我一直在抓紧最后一秒修改剧本 |
[10:01] | But not to worry, | 不过不用担心 |
[10:01] | your natural talent will carry you through. | 以你的天赋对付这个没问题 |
[10:03] | All right, look, take a look at this. | 来吧 看看特效 |
[10:05] | Noel will give us a demonstration of the sound effects. | Neol会给我们展示一下声音特效 |
[10:07] | What have you got? Noel. | Neol 你都准备了什么 |
[10:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[10:10] | This is my door sound, | 开门声 |
[10:12] | my thunder screen, | 闪电声 |
[10:13] | balloons for gunshots, | 气球用来模拟枪击的声音 |
[10:16] | and this plays various kinds of organ music. | 这个用来做风琴伴奏 |
[10:21] | – Oh, yes. – That’s great. | – 哦 不错 – 不赖嘛 |
[10:23] | I’ve also got a gravel box, | 装了碎石子的盒子 |
[10:25] | bells, a rain stick and coffee thermos. | 铃铛 雨棍 和咖啡保温壶 |
[10:28] | – What does that do? – Keeps my coffee warm. | – 那个是做什么用的 – 给我的咖啡保温 |
[10:31] | Everybody, this is Maxine. | 大家好 这是Maxine |
[10:33] | Oh, hello, Maxine. Welcome. | 你好 Maxine 欢迎欢迎 |
[10:35] | Hi. I need a quiet place to work on my part. | 你们好 我需要一个清静的地方练台词 |
[10:38] | Oh, you got it, baby. | 没问题 宝贝 |
[10:39] | Why don’t you go up here in the booth. | 你去录音隔间吧 |
[10:41] | Bulldog Bulldog? | |
[10:43] | Work on her part? It’s just one line. | 排练她的台词 她就一句词儿 |
[10:46] | Yeah, but she’s got that condition, what do you call it? | 是啊 不过她有点 那个叫什么来着 |
[10:48] | It begins with a “Dis.” Dis, dis–? | 阅字开头的 阅 阅 |
[10:50] | Distemper? | 月经不调 |
[10:53] | Dyslexia. That’s it, she’s dyslexic. | 阅读障碍症 对啦 她有阅读障碍症 |
[10:56] | – And you tell me that now. – No, no. Hey, she’ll be great. | – 你到现在了才跟我说这个 – 别介啊 她没问题 |
[10:59] | It’s me I’m worried about. | 我其实更担心我自己 |
[11:00] | I’ve got some serious butterflies going here. | 我胃里翻江倒海的 |
[11:02] | But Bulldog, you’re on radio all the time. | 但是Bulldog 你是专业广播人员呀 |
[11:04] | Yeah, but that’s me being me. | 是啊 可是我一直都在展现自我 |
[11:05] | This is acting. It’s– It’s scary. | 这是演戏 这 有点吓人 |
[11:10] | Listen, that’s all a part of the thrill of the live performance, | 你给我听好 这都是直播的兴奋感引起的 |
[11:13] | butterflies in the stomach, | 什么胃里翻江倒海呀 |
[11:14] | sweaty palms, scratchy throat, pounding heart. | 手心出汗呀 声音嘶哑呀 小心肝砰砰的呀 |
[11:18] | I suppose you have all of those. | 这些症状你是不是全有 |
[11:18] | I do now. | 我现在都有了 |
[11:22] | Sorry I’m late, Frasier. | 抱歉我来晚了 Frasier |
[11:24] | I just spent two hours in the dentist’s chair. | 我刚在牙伊那儿待了两小时 |
[11:29] | An emergency. | 是急诊 |
[11:31] | What is the matter? | 怎么回事 |
[11:33] | Novocaine. He said it would wear off by now. | 普鲁卡因 他说药效到这时候应该退了 |
[11:37] | Oh, I keep biting my lip. | 哦 我一直咬着我自己 |
[11:42] | Dear God. We’ve got 60 seconds. | 我的神呐 只剩60秒就直播了 |
[11:44] | Well, I don’t even know who I’m playing. | 啊 我还不知道我要扮演谁呢 |
[11:46] | Don’t worry, Niles, I’ll just cue you as we go along. | 不用愁 Niles 到你的时候我给你信号 |
[11:48] | – Shouldn’t I prepare a little? – Now, listen, | – 我得准备准备吧 – 不用 记住 |
[11:50] | your natural spontaneity is your best asset as an actor. | 你即兴发挥的能力 是你最大的财富 |
[11:52] | What was it the Yale Daily News said about your Tartuffe? | 耶鲁日报是怎么评价你演的答尔丢夫的 |
[11:55] | Oh, who remembers? | 哎呀 这我怎么还记得住 |
[11:56] | That I had the magnetism of Marlon Brando, | 他们说我有Marlon Brando的风度 |
[11:57] | the charm of Danny Kaye | Danny Kaye的魅力 |
[11:58] | and the range of Laurence Olivier. | 和Laurence Olivier一样的戏路广 |
[12:01] | All right, everyone. Places, please. | 好啦 大家请就位 |
[12:04] | – Hurry up, it’s starting! – All right. | – 快点 要开始了 – 好了 |
[12:06] | Good evening. This is Frasier Crane | 晚上好 我是Frasier Crane |
[12:09] | Welcome you to KACL’s | 欢迎您收听KACL |
[12:11] | re-creation of the original Mystery Theater. | 原创惊悚剧场的再版 |
[12:14] | I already know the plot, | 我已经知道剧情了 |
[12:15] | but I’ll try not to blurt out the name of the murderer. | 但是我尽量不剧透凶手是谁 |
[12:17] | Great. As a cop, | 太好了 作为一名警察 |
[12:19] | I hated it when people did that. | 我最恨别人平白告诉我凶手是谁了 |
[12:22] | In all my years at the Yard, | 在苏格兰场这些年 |
[12:24] | I doubt I’d ever seen a fouler night… | 我却从未经历过比 |
[12:28] | than that on which I was called out | 那天被叫去荒野中的一座旧旅馆 |
[12:30] | to investigate a double murder at the old inn on the moors. | 侦查一宗双重谋杀案更可怕的夜晚 |
[12:39] | The door was answered by Miss Carlotta Thorndyke. | 来应门的是Carlotta Thorndyke小姐 |
[12:44] | Her face was unfamiliar, | 她看着很脸生 |
[12:46] | and when she opened her lips, | 她一开口 |
[12:48] | I caught a hint of some exotic accent. | 我就从她的口音里察觉了一丝异域风情 |
[12:51] | Inspector– Ow. | 侦贪先生 哦 |
[12:55] | Thank God you’ve come. | 林可算来了 |
[13:05] | This is a grisly business, Miss Thorndyke. | 这件事很诡吊 Thorndyke小姐 |
[13:09] | I can’t believe any of my guests could be a multiple murderer. | 我真不敢相信 我的客人里竟然有个撒人抗魔 |
[13:20] | That’s easy for you to say. | 你说得倒轻巧 |
[13:25] | But my job is to suspect everybody. | 可我的职责是怀疑每一个人 |
[13:28] | Please introduce me to your– | 请给我介绍一下你的 |
[13:29] | No, no. Never mind. | 算了 算了 |
[13:31] | I know your guests by reputation. | 我对你的客人已久仰大名 |
[13:35] | This must be Mr. Wing, the silk merchant. | 这一定是丝绸商人Wing先生 |
[13:38] | Did you witness anything suspicious, Wing? | 你有没有发现不对劲的地方 Wing |
[13:43] | Of course, the inscrutable and mute Mr. Wing… | 当然了 神秘莫测的Wing先生是个哑巴 |
[13:49] | …who… | 他 |
[13:52] | …wears a bell on his hat. | 帽子上系了一个铃铛 |
[13:54] | Did you witness anything suspicious, Wing? | 你有没有发现什么不对劲的地方 Wing |
[13:59] | No, eh? I’ll remember you said that. | 没有吗 我会记下的 |
[14:03] | I’m Nigel Fairservice, inspector. | 我是Nigel Fairservice 侦探先生 |
[14:06] | I was strolling in the garden | 惨剧发生的时候 |
[14:07] | when this dreadful tragedy occurred. | 我正在花园散步 |
[14:09] | – Did anyone see you? – Several people. | – 有人证吗 – 好几个呢 |
[14:12] | Hans, the German butler. | 德国管家Hans |
[14:15] | Ja, I saw the gentleman. | 嗯 我看到这位先生了 |
[14:18] | O’Toole, the gardener. | 园丁O’Toole |
[14:22] | Aye, ’twas himself and no mistake. | 嗯 俺看见他了 绝不会错 |
[14:26] | As well as Prudence McCallister. | 还有Prudence McCallister. |
[14:32] | Yes, I was taking a breath of air. | 是的 我是去呼吸点新鲜空气的 |
[14:36] | I tried to shake Nigel’s alibi, | 我试图推翻Nigel的不在场证明 |
[14:38] | but each witness was adamant. | 但是证人们都很确信 |
[14:40] | – O’Toole – Faith, and it’s true. | – O’Toole – 俺发誓 是真的 |
[14:42] | – Hans – Jawohl. | – Hans – 绝对的. |
[14:43] | – Miss McCallister – Oh, mercy, yes. | – McCallister小姐 – 老天呀 是真的 |
[14:46] | There remained one suspect | 还有一个人没有说清楚 |
[14:48] | whose whereabouts had not yet been established. | 事发时他在干嘛 |
[14:50] | Peppo the dwarf, a retired circus performer. | 矮人Peppo 以前在马戏团工作 |
[14:55] | Exactly where were you when the murders occurred, Peppo? | Peppo 案发时你在哪儿 |
[15:08] | Peppo! Where were you? | Peppo 你到底在哪儿 |
[15:11] | I was at the movies. | 我在看电影 |
[15:15] | At the movies, you say? | 看电影是吗 |
[15:17] | Well, one quick phone call can verify that. | 哼 一个电话就能证明真假 |
[15:21] | What’s this? | 怎么回事 |
[15:23] | Dear God! The phone lines have been cut. | 亲娘咧 电话线被剪断了 |
[15:30] | Now we’re really stranded. | 我们被困在这儿了 |
[15:32] | Totally and completely isolated | 完完全全地 |
[15:34] | from any contact with the outside world. | 与外界隔离了 |
[15:38] | Studio Five. | 第五录音室 |
[15:41] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[15:47] | The phone lines have been repaired, you say? | 你刚才说电话线路被修好了 |
[15:50] | Hello? | 喂 喂 |
[15:51] | Wait! They’ve gone dead again. | 等等 电话线又不通了 |
[15:55] | Who knows what other surprises this night may bring. | 天知道今晚还会有什么样的惊喜 |
[15:59] | I don’t remember the plots of these things being so goofy. | 我记得这剧没这么搞笑啊 |
[16:02] | Mr. Wing wasn’t mute last night. | Wing先生昨晚还不是哑巴呢 |
[16:07] | Six different roles in six different accents? | 六个角色 每个的口音都不同 |
[16:09] | I’ve had a mind to walk right out of here. | 我有一种现在马上离开的冲动 |
[16:11] | Yes, I’m sorry, Niles, | 我知道 抱歉 Niles |
[16:11] | but you’re doing brilliantly. | 但是你做得太棒了 |
[16:13] | Oh, except your– Your Hans could be a bit gruffer. | 哦 除了Hans 他的声音可以更粗哑一些 |
[16:16] | Don’t direct me. | 别指手画脚 |
[16:19] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry. You’re right. | 抱歉 抱歉 你说的对 |
[16:20] | Right now, frankly, I’m just a bit more worried | 其实我现在最担心的是 |
[16:22] | about being over time. Gil! | 会超时 Gil人呢 |
[16:23] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[16:24] | At the bottom of page 14, listen, | 在第14页的最下面 听我说哈 |
[16:27] | after you’re shot, just say, “I’m dying.” | 在你中枪之后 你只要大喊”我要死啦” |
[16:29] | Cut the rest. | 后面掐了 |
[16:31] | – That’s my boyhood-in-Surrey speech. – Yes, I know. | – 那可是我童年在萨里的独白 – 我知道 |
[16:34] | You can’t cut that, you can’t. | 你不能把那轱辘掐了 你怎么能 |
[16:36] | Stop whining. We have a play to do. | 别瞎吵吵了 大局为重 |
[16:38] | I don’t care anymore. | 我才不要管什么大局 |
[16:42] | All right. Please, quiet, everybody. Ten seconds. | 行了 大家都安静一下 还有10秒 |
[16:45] | Oh, Maxine, be sure to watch out for your cue, | 哦 Maxine 做好准备 快要到你了 |
[16:48] | and please, people, let’s pick up the pace! | 我求你们了 速度快点儿 |
[16:54] | “Nightmare Inn.” Act Two. | 梦魇旅馆 第二幕 |
[16:57] | I was baffled. They all had alibis. | 我走进死胡同了 他们都有不在场证明 |
[17:01] | Suddenly Miss Thorndyke pointed, | 突然 Thorndyke小姐指向一处 |
[17:03] | her eyes wide with alarm. | 她吓得瞪大了双眼 |
[17:05] | There’s someone outside the window! | 有人在窗外 |
[17:07] | Why, yes, Miss Thorndyke. | 哼 是的 Thorndyke小姐 |
[17:09] | It appears to be… | 好像是 |
[17:17] | …the ice cream truck. | 卖冰淇淋的 |
[17:21] | But never mind that. | 别管那个了 |
[17:25] | Suddenly… | 突然 |
[17:27] | …the storm put the lights out. | 一道闪电照亮了房间 |
[17:32] | And we were left in darkness. | 房间里变得漆黑一片 |
[17:36] | Then, a scream. | 接着 有人尖叫出声 |
[17:38] | Ah! Look out! He’s got a nug! | 啊 小心 他有把仓 |
[17:50] | A gun! | 是枪 |
[17:53] | A gun is what he’s got! | 他手里拿的是枪 |
[17:57] | When the lights came back up, | 等灯再亮起来的时候 |
[17:59] | a smoking gun lay on the table. | 一把还在冒烟的枪躺在桌子上 |
[18:01] | The maid lay dead, unable to name her killer, | 女仆倒在地上 已经无法指正杀她的凶手了 |
[18:05] | and Nigel Fairservice lay mortally wounded. | Nigel Fairservice也倒在地上 身受重伤 |
[18:08] | I’m dying. | 我要死啦 |
[18:10] | Poor man was gone. | 可怜的人去了 |
[18:12] | Never again to revisit the scene of my boyhood in Surrey. | 再也无法重回萨里 重温我的童年时光 |
[18:16] | Romping with my school chums | 在沼泽和灌木林中 |
[18:19] | in the fens and spinneys– | 留下了我和小伙伴嬉戏的身影 |
[18:20] | Just then, the lights went out again! | 突然 灯又灭了 |
[18:23] | Nigel Fairservice was shot again. | Nigel Fairservice又中枪了 |
[18:26] | Only grazed me. | 只擦破点皮 |
[18:30] | When the twilight bathed the hedgerows like a lambent– | 暮光轻触在篱笆墙上 犹如摇曳的火焰 |
[18:33] | The final bullet blew his head clean off his shoulders. | 最后一枪把他的脑袋给掀了下来 |
[18:41] | All right, people, let’s try to keep calm. | 没事 大家尽量保持冷静 |
[18:44] | Although it’s hard when the killer is among us. | 尽管我们之间有个杀人凶手 |
[18:49] | Heigh-ho, I’m Nigel’s brother, Cedric. | 嗨 我是Nigel的哥哥Cedric |
[18:52] | I haven’t seen him since our boyhood. We’d romp– | 我自从童年时代起就再没见过他了 我们在沼泽 |
[18:56] | And so died the last surviving member | 这颗子弹要了Fairservice家族 |
[18:59] | of the Fairservice family. | 最后一位幸存者的小命 |
[19:03] | Boy, I sure didn’t see that one coming. | 老天 真是峰回路转啊 |
[19:06] | Hello, I’m the ice cream man. | 大家好 我是卖冰淇淋的 |
[19:08] | Years ago I went to school with Nigel Fairservice. | 很久以前 我和Nigel是同学 |
[19:13] | We used to romp in the fens and spinneys– | 我们那时在沼泽和灌木林中嬉戏玩耍 |
[19:19] | This is turning into a bloodbath. | 这简直成大屠杀了嘛 |
[19:23] | See, that’s why I prefer TV. | 所以我更愿意看电视呀 |
[19:25] | You want to be able to see that stuff. | 这种时候得看才过瘾 |
[19:27] | By this time, I was more baffled than ever, | 到了这个时候 我更加迷惑了 |
[19:31] | so I played a hunch. | 所以我就跟着感觉走了 |
[19:33] | Hans, may I see your fingernails? | Hans 我能不能看看你的指甲 |
[19:37] | Why? | 干嘛 |
[19:37] | They seem a bit ragged | 你的指甲对于一位管家来说 |
[19:39] | for a butler. | 未免过于参差不齐 |
[19:41] | All right, all right, | 好吧 好吧 |
[19:42] | I’m not what I appear. | 我其实不是德国管家Hans |
[19:43] | None of us is. I’m not a butler. | 这没一个人身份能对上号 我不是管家 |
[19:46] | I’m not even… | 我甚至都不是 |
[19:47] | …German. | 德国人 |
[19:51] | Sit down, inspector. | 坐下吧 侦探先生 |
[19:53] | You’re about to hear a fascinating tale. | 你会听到一个精妙绝伦的故事 |
[19:55] | Each of us holds a piece of the puzzle | 我们每一个人都身负秘密 |
[19:57] | to relate to you. | 这秘密和你有关 |
[19:58] | When we’ve finished, | 等我们把自己的故事讲完 |
[19:59] | you’ll know the full, dark secret of Nightmare Inn. | 你就能揭开梦魇旅馆全部的黑暗秘密了 |
[20:04] | Are you sure we should, Hans? | 你确定要介么做吗 Hans |
[20:07] | Be quiet, Mother. | 安静 母上 |
[20:12] | Mother and I moved here when I was a small boy | 在我还是个小孩儿的时候 我和母亲就搬来这里 |
[20:15] | after the tragic death of my father. | 那时我父亲刚刚去世 |
[20:19] | I kept the pain of that loss buried deep within me | 我一直将这份丧父之痛深埋心底 |
[20:22] | like a serpent coiled within a damp cave. | 就像毒蛇深藏洞穴一般 |
[20:26] | Okay, that’s it. | 够了 我受不了了 |
[20:28] | Never mind all that. | 别管我刚刚说的话了 |
[20:29] | I’m just going to take this gun off the table. | 我现在把桌子上的枪拿起来 |
[20:31] | Sorry about that, O’Toole. | 抱歉 O’Toole |
[20:33] | I guess we’ll never hear your fascinating piece of the puzzle. | 我们没法听到你那有趣的秘密了 |
[20:37] | Or yours, Kragen and Peppo. | 还有你们的 Kragen和Peppo |
[20:42] | Could the McCallister sisters stand back-to-back? | McCallister姐妹能不能背对背站着 |
[20:45] | I’m short on bullets. | 我快没子弹了 |
[20:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:49] | – What was your name again, Dear? – Miss Thorndyke. | – 你叫什么 – Thorndyke小姐 |
[20:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:55] | And also Mr. Wing. | 还有你 Wing先生 |
[21:02] | And, of course, one final bullet for myself, | 当然 最后一颗子弹是留给我自己的 |
[21:05] | so the mystery will die with me. | 这个秘密就将随我而去 |
[21:07] | Ha. | 哈 |
[21:18] | Well, then… | 嗯 那么 |
[21:21] | …that pretty much wrapped things up. | 这算是结案了 |
[21:25] | Hans was a mass murderer, to the surprise of everyone. | 出乎意料的是 Hans才是杀人狂魔 |
[21:30] | Case was closed. | 结案了 |
[21:31] | And with a grateful shudder, | 劫后余生的我打着冷颤 |
[21:34] | I swore I’d never return to Nightmare Inn. | 决心再也不会重返梦魇旅馆了 |
[21:47] | Well, we still have… | 嗯 我们还有 |
[21:53] | …nine minutes remaining. | 9分钟的时间 |
[21:59] | Perhaps we could have a little post-play discussion. | 要不我们来个剧后讨论吧 |