时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Have you noticed there are fewer hazelnuts in these biscotti? | 你注意到脆饼里面的榛子少了吗 |
[00:14] | Then I’m not crazy. | 看来不是我的问题 |
[00:15] | And yet they’ve gone up 25 cents. | 价钱倒是涨了25美分 |
[00:18] | Fewer nuts, more money. | 坚果(疯子)渐少 钱渐多 |
[00:19] | Something I’ve been aspiring to my entire professional life. | 我整个职业生涯都在追求的东西啊 |
[00:27] | God, that is the last time I jog in these shorts. | 天呐 我再也不穿这条短裤跑步了 |
[00:32] | My thighs are chafing like a couple of hams wrapped in Velcro. | 大腿被磨得像尼龙带勒着的火腿一样 |
[00:37] | Non-fat mocha, please. | 去脂摩卡 谢谢 |
[00:43] | What? | 怎么了 |
[00:45] | As flattered as we are that you’ve chosen our company over, | 很荣幸你选择与我们同席 而不是 |
[00:47] | oh, say, a shower… | 比方说 去冲个澡 |
[00:50] | …perhaps you’d like to | 或许你应该 |
[00:51] | go to the ladies’ room to freshen up a bit? | 去洗手间打理一下 |
[00:53] | Hey, at least I try to keep in shape. | 喂 至少我努力运动保持身材 |
[00:56] | I haven’t seen either one of you run an eight-minute mile. | 我从没见过你们一英里八分钟能跑完的 |
[00:59] | Stand upwind of us and you might. | 你往我们的上风处一站 就能见到我们跑得多快了 |
[01:04] | Oh, by the way, Niles, | 对了 Niles |
[01:05] | my benefit for the Seattle Theatre Ensemble is tonight. | 我举办的西雅图剧团慈善晚宴就在今晚 |
[01:08] | I haven’t received your check yet. | 我还没收到你的支票呢 |
[01:09] | No, that’s because I’m still not sure if I’m coming. | 我还不确定是否会去 |
[01:11] | Whom should I expect to meet there? | 都能见到谁啊 |
[01:14] | Professional people around our age. | 和我们同龄的专业人士 |
[01:17] | – A certain social standing. – Yes. | – 有社会地位 – 嗯 |
[01:19] | Civic-minded, interested in the arts– | 热心公益 醉心艺术 |
[01:21] | Oh, for God’s sake, how many women? | 还不懂吗 多少女人会去 |
[01:23] | Why didn’t you just say so? | 你干嘛不直接问 |
[01:24] | Well, I thought my rutting-monkey body language | 我的肢体语言已经够像发情猴子了 |
[01:26] | would have tipped you off. | 还以为你能看出来呢 |
[01:29] | Well, judging from my RSVP list, | 根据我收到的回复看 |
[01:31] | there should be quite a few available women. | 可以下手的女士挺多的 |
[01:33] | Well, in that case, I’ll be there. | 既然这样 我会去的 |
[01:35] | Here’s my money. Better be worth my while. | 我的那份钱 希望不是浪费时间 |
[01:38] | Oh, look, here comes Sherry and Dad. | 看哪 Sherry和老爸过来了 |
[01:40] | – Duck. – No, no, it’s all right. I invited them. | – 快闪 – 不 没事 我请他们来的 |
[01:43] | Sherry’s not going to be there at your benefit, is she? | Sherry不会去你的慈善晚宴吧 |
[01:45] | I can stop that check. | 我可以取消那张支票 |
[01:46] | Just relax, Niles. | 淡定 Niles |
[01:48] | I’ve come up with rather an ingenious plan | 我神机妙算 |
[01:50] | to occupy their evening tonight. | 让他们今晚另有安排 |
[01:51] | I bought them tickets to an event | 我买票请他们看演出 |
[01:53] | that’s right up their alley. | 正合他们口味的那种 |
[01:54] | God, I was so mortified buying the tickets, | 我买票的时候可尴尬了 |
[01:56] | I paid cash so they couldn’t trace it back to me. | 我付现金买的 以防留下购买记录 |
[02:00] | – Hi. – Sherry, Dad. | – 你们好 – Sherry 老爸 |
[02:02] | Excuse me, people. Did somebody leave some tickets here? | 各位 有人在这儿丢了票吗 |
[02:04] | – Oh, Lord. Yes! – Something called “Nashville on Ice, | – 天呐 是的 – 是”冰上纳什维尔 |
[02:06] | – Yes, right here. – The All-Skating Country Jamboree”? | – 是 这儿 – 乡村歌曲滑冰表演”的票 |
[02:09] | Yeah, well. Well, don’t look so smug. | 我的票 行了 别一副嫌弃人的样子 |
[02:12] | You try skating and blowing into a jug when your heart’s breaking. | 你试试心碎的时候又滑冰又吹瓶子 |
[02:16] | I can’t believe you scored tickets to that. | 真不敢相信你会买这个票 |
[02:19] | You are well-connected in this town. | 你人脉很广嘛 |
[02:21] | Well, yes, actually, these are a gift for you and Dad. | 是的 其实这是给你和老爸的礼物 |
[02:24] | – Oh, my God. – I hope you’re free this evening. | – 天呐 – 希望你们今晚有空去看 |
[02:26] | Well, we are now. Wow, Frasier, thanks! | 现在就有空 谢谢你 Frasier |
[02:29] | Look at this. Rink side! | 快看 最前面的座位 |
[02:32] | Niles, what’s that on your cheek? | Niles 你脸上是啥东西 |
[02:34] | Oh, what? | 什么 |
[02:36] | My lips. | 我的烈火红唇 |
[02:42] | Oh, look at the time. I have to go. | 哦 时间不早了 我得走了 |
[02:44] | Oh, it seems like every time I see you, you’re just leaving. | 好像每次见面你都刚好要走 |
[02:47] | Yes, and I’d love to stay, but I have my therapy group meeting, | 确实 我也不想走 但是有个治疗小组的会 |
[02:50] | and last time I was late, | 上次我迟到了 |
[02:52] | the compulsive gamblers were betting the passive-aggressives | 那些赌瘾患者在打赌 |
[02:54] | that they couldn’t make the overeaters cry. | 能不能把暴食症患者弄哭 |
[02:58] | If you wanna wait here, I’ll get us a couple of coffees. | 稍等 我去点咖啡 |
[03:00] | You know how I like it. Hot and sweet! | 你知道我的口味 要滚烫香甜的(性感体贴的) |
[03:03] | Yeah, but how do you like your coffee? | 我懂的 但是咖啡要什么口味呢 |
[03:07] | – Is he always that funny? – Oh, yes. | – 他总是这么风趣吗 – 是的 |
[03:12] | Oh. | 哦 |
[03:13] | It’s that damn soap dispenser. | 都怪那个装洗手液的盒子 |
[03:15] | I just gave it a good pump, and splat. | 我只是用力按了一下 就溅了一身 |
[03:17] | Oh, I’m sorry. Roz Doyle, my producer. | 忘了介绍 这是Roz Doyle 我的制作人 |
[03:20] | You haven’t met Dad’s inamorata Sherry Dempsey. | 这是我爸爸的女朋友Sherry Dempsey |
[03:22] | – Oh, hi. – Hi. | – 哦 你好 – 你好 |
[03:23] | I normally look a lot better than this. | 一般我的形象会好很多 |
[03:25] | Oh, now, you don’t have to be self-conscious around me, hon. | 哦 在我面前就别在意了 亲爱的 |
[03:29] | We all have our bad days once we pass 40. | 女人四十之后都是豆腐渣 |
[03:33] | It was nice seeing you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[03:36] | – What did she say? – Oh, who cares? | – 她说啥 – 管她呢 |
[03:38] | It’s the least I can do to string together a few precious moments | 起码现在能有一点宝贵的清净时间 |
[03:41] | of silence without her underfoot. | 不听她叽叽喳喳了 |
[03:42] | My God, the woman’s practically moved in with me. | 这女人基本上就住在我家了 |
[03:45] | What did she say? | 她说啥 |
[03:47] | Oh, Roz, take heart. Now come on, listen, | Roz 振作一点 听着 |
[03:50] | you may not look your best today, but you know what? | 或许今天你不在最佳状态 但是 |
[03:52] | There’s a man sitting right over there | 那边有个男人 |
[03:53] | who can’t keep his eyes off of you. | 一直盯着你看 |
[03:55] | – Oh, where? – Right there. | – 哪儿呢 – 就在那儿 |
[04:02] | Oh, my God. | 我滴个神呐 |
[04:03] | That’s John Coughlin from my high school. | 那是我的中学同学John Coughlin |
[04:05] | Oh, dear God, please don’t let him recognize me. | 天呐 可别让他认出我来 |
[04:08] | I swear I’ll never leave the house unbeautiful again. | 我发誓再也不衣冠不整就出门了 |
[04:11] | – Roz? – Thanks for listening. | – Roz – 老天还真开眼了 |
[04:14] | Roz Doyle? It’s me. John Coughlin. | Roz Doyle 是我啊 John Coughlin |
[04:18] | Hi, John. | 你好 John |
[04:20] | – Look at you. – Look at you. | – 你看你啊 – 你看你哦 |
[04:22] | I hardly recognized you with that moustache. | 你留了胡子我都快认不出来了 |
[04:26] | – Roz– – Oh, Frasier, I’m so sorry. | – Roz – 哦 Frasier 忘了介绍 |
[04:29] | This is John Coughlin, Frasier Crane. | 这位是John Coughlin 这是Frasier Crane |
[04:31] | – Hello. – So did you just move to Seattle? | – 你好 – 你刚搬来西雅图吗 |
[04:34] | No, I’ve been here for a week on business. | 不 我是来出差一个星期 |
[04:35] | Now it’s back to Racine. Remember Marcie? | 马上要回拉辛了 记得Marcie吗 |
[04:38] | – Yeah. – She’s getting married Saturday. | – 记得 – 她这周六要结婚了 |
[04:39] | – No kidding. – Well, I’m late for a meeting, | – 真的吗 – 我有个会要迟了 |
[04:42] | but it was great running into you. | 但是能遇见你真好 |
[04:43] | I can’t wait to tell the whole gang I saw you. | 我等不及要告诉大伙我遇见你了 |
[04:45] | You don’t have to do that. | 你也可以不说 |
[04:48] | Frasier, that guy was the biggest gossip in my hometown. | Frasier 那家伙在我老家就是个大嘴巴 |
[04:51] | He saw me with my hair all sweaty and my sweatshirt full of soap. | 被他撞见我头发汗湿 卫衣满是洗手液 |
[04:55] | Oh, God, what could be worse? | 还能再挫一点吗 |
[04:57] | Well, here’s a hint. | 给你个提示 |
[04:59] | Got milk? | 喝牛奶了吗 |
[05:02] | Oh, my God. | 哦 不是吧 |
[05:11] | You know as a rule I’m terribly nervous hosting these things, | 我一直都特别害怕举办这种活动 |
[05:13] | but it seems to be going well, doesn’t it? | 但现在看来还挺好 对不 |
[05:15] | Not for me. I haven’t made inroads with a single woman here. | 你好我不好 我一个女人都没勾搭上呢 |
[05:20] | Ooh! Ooh! | 哦 哦 |
[05:23] | What are you doing? You look nauseated. | 你干啥呢 一副要吐的样子 |
[05:25] | That woman is flirting with me. | 有个女人跟我调情呢 |
[05:26] | This is my “I’m available” Face. | 我这是”名草尚无主”的表情 |
[05:30] | Well, stop it. My God, people will think the shrimp are bad. | 够了 别人还以为吃的虾有问题呢 |
[05:36] | – All right, which one? – At 9 o’clock | – 好了 哪个女人 – 9点钟方向 |
[05:38] | blond hair, blue dress. | 金发 蓝裙 |
[05:39] | Now 10 o’clock, 11 o’clock. | 现在在10点钟方向 11点钟 |
[05:41] | – Oh, mama, high noon. – Oh, dear. | – 哦 亲娘啊 就在面前了 – 天呐 |
[05:43] | I’m sorry, I have to leave early. | 抱歉 我得先走了 |
[05:45] | I wanted to let you know what a lovely time I’ve had. | 我只是想说 今晚过得非常愉快 |
[05:47] | Well, thank you, Adair. | 谢谢 Adair |
[05:49] | It was good to see you. | 看见你很高兴 |
[05:50] | Adair Peck, my brother, Dr Niles Crane. | Adair Peck 这是我的弟弟 Niles Crane医生 |
[05:52] | – Enchanted. – Hi. | – 幸会 – 你好 |
[05:55] | Are you feeling okay? | 你还好吧 |
[05:58] | Bad shrimp. | 吃的虾有问题 |
[06:03] | I so enjoyed our chat about Brecht. | 跟你讨论Brecht真有意思 |
[06:05] | I’m just sorry we didn’t get to finish it. | 很遗憾没谈完就要走了 |
[06:08] | Well, me too. | 是很遗憾 |
[06:10] | I never do this, | 我从不这样主动 |
[06:11] | but if you’d like to give me a call sometime, I’d like that. | 但是 我很希望你有空给我打电话 |
[06:15] | I mean you don’t have to call me. Only if you want to. | 当然不是非打不可 您自便 |
[06:17] | And we can talk about other non-Brecht things. | 我们可以谈点Brecht以外的东西 |
[06:20] | – Of course. – You see why I never do this. | – 当然 – 你看出来我主动时有多尴尬了吧 |
[06:22] | Well, I’m certainly glad that you did it with me. | 你为我破例真是万分荣幸 |
[06:25] | Nice meeting you, Miles. | 很高兴认识你 Miles |
[06:34] | Dr Crane. | Crane医生 |
[06:36] | Who’s that gentleman over there? | 那边那位男士是谁 |
[06:39] | Oh, that’s Matthew Pinnick, one of the theatre’s biggest benefactors. | Matthew Pinnick 剧团最大的捐助者之一 |
[06:42] | Well, I just caught him back in my bedroom. | 我刚在我的房间里撞见他 |
[06:43] | Well, I’m sure he just wandered in there by mistake. | 这个 他一定是误打误撞进去的 |
[06:46] | He was trying on my shoes. | 他在试穿我的鞋子 |
[06:56] | An interesting piece of information. | 这消息真有意思 |
[06:58] | Something tells me the theatre’s going to get that new sound system. | 看来剧团会有一套新的音响系统了 |
[07:01] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[07:03] | On behalf of the Seattle Theatre Ensemble, | 我谨代表西雅图剧团 |
[07:06] | I would like to thank Dr frasier Crane for hosting tonight’s benefit. | 感谢Frasier Crane举办今晚的慈善晚会 |
[07:10] | But before we say good night, | 在告别之前 |
[07:12] | let’s try and coax him into saying a few words. | 让我们有请他来讲几句话 |
[07:19] | All right. | 好了 |
[07:25] | Alexander Pope | 亚历山大蒲柏 |
[07:28] | once wrote that… | 曾经写道 |
[07:30] | …the theatre aspires | 戏剧表演致力于 |
[07:32] | to wake the soul by tender strokes of art. | 以艺术春风化雨 唤醒灵魂 |
[07:36] | To raise the genius, | 激发才情 |
[07:38] | and to mend the heart. | 抚慰心灵 |
[07:41] | I’d like to say that it’s my privilege to help ensure | 我万分荣幸能够帮助 |
[07:44] | the survival of this noble calling. | 这份高尚的职业延续下去 |
[07:47] | And, well, thank you all for coming. | 同时 感谢各位光临 |
[07:50] | And I’ll see you opening night of Run For Your Wife. | <他有两个老婆>首演当晚我们再见 |
[08:00] | Wow, that was terrific. Are you always this eloquent? | 说得太棒了 你总是这样妙语连珠吗 |
[08:03] | Oh, well, hardly. | 其实 你谬赞了 |
[08:04] | My muse, alas, is somewhat ephemeral. | 我的灵感 哎 总是那么一闪而过 |
[08:08] | Well, it sounds pretty reliable to me. | 我倒是觉得你一直才华横溢 |
[08:10] | Leslie Wellman. We met earlier. | 我是Leslie Wellman 之前见过 |
[08:11] | Leslie. Of course, yes. | Leslie 当然记得 |
[08:12] | Well, I have to run, but… I hope I’m not being too forward. | 我得赶紧走了 但是 恕我莽撞 |
[08:16] | I’d love it if you’d give me a call sometime. | 我希望你有空能给我电话 |
[08:18] | I’d be delighted to. | 我非常乐意 |
[08:20] | – Here’s my card. – Thank you. | – 这是我的名片 – 谢谢 |
[08:30] | Niles, was that Natalie Spencer I just saw you talking with? | 你刚才是在和Natalie Spencer聊天吗 |
[08:32] | As a matter of fact, it was. | 确实 |
[08:34] | I’ve been admiring her all evening, | 我倾心于她一晚上了 |
[08:35] | so I steeled myself and asked her | 终于鼓起勇气问她 |
[08:37] | if she might be free next week. | 下周是否有空 |
[08:38] | And? | 结果呢 |
[08:39] | Well, her lips said, “No.” | 她嘴上说着没空 |
[08:40] | But her eyes said, “Read my lips.” | 眼神却在说”听见我说的了吗 没空” |
[08:49] | I suppose you’ve come over here to gloat | 你是过来幸灾乐祸的吧 |
[08:51] | because a woman came on to you. | 因为有个女人向你投怀送抱了 |
[08:53] | Oh, no, hardly. | 怎么会 |
[08:53] | I wouldn’t do that sort of thing. | 我才不会那样 |
[08:55] | I came over to gloat because two women came on to me. | 我过来是因为有两个女人投怀送抱 |
[08:59] | Two? | 两个 |
[09:00] | My God, I’ve never had a night like this in my entire life. | 天呐 我一辈子也没像今晚这样过 |
[09:03] | I’m a babe magnet. I’m catnip. | 我让美女躲不开 像猫薄荷让猫戒不掉一样 |
[09:07] | I think I feel a fur ball coming up. | 我觉得有猫猫要来了 |
[09:11] | Tell me your second conquest wasn’t | 你的第二个战利品不是 |
[09:13] | that haughty filly – in the white dress, Kimberly Egan? | 那个白衣高傲小马驹Kimberly Egan吧 |
[09:15] | No, no, your path is clear. | 不 不是 你尽管去吧 |
[09:16] | Oh, what’s the point? | 哎 不是又能怎样呢 |
[09:19] | I can’t take another rejection. | 我受不了再收好人卡了 |
[09:22] | Well, Niles, tell you what. | Niles 我跟你说啊 |
[09:23] | Seeing as how Cupid has so amply stocked my quiver this evening, | 既然今晚这么多丘比特之箭囤在了我的箭袋里 |
[09:27] | I will try a shot on your behalf. | 我就出马替你一试 |
[09:30] | Oh, God, you’re unbearable. | 天呐 真受不了你了 |
[09:34] | Excuse me. Kimberly, good evening. | 打扰一下 Kimberly 你好 |
[09:36] | Oh, Frasier, thank you again for tonight. | 哦 Frasier 再次感谢你 |
[09:38] | – You really are a wonderful host. – Oh, thank you. | – 你真是一个完美的东道主 – 谢谢肯定 |
[09:41] | Listen, I don’t usually do this sort of thing, | 其实 我并不常这样 |
[09:43] | but there’s a gentleman here tonight who’s, | 但是今晚到场的一位绅士 |
[09:45] | well, rather taken with you. | 对你十分着迷 |
[09:47] | He’s a– An eligible doctor, | 他是一位优秀的医生 |
[09:50] | and he’s a bit shy about coming over | 但是羞于过来 |
[09:52] | and expressing those interests to you. | 一吐爱意 |
[09:54] | Oh, that is so sweet. | 哦 真可爱 |
[09:57] | Well, you tell your bashful friend he needn’t be so coy. | 告诉你那位腼腆的朋友不用害羞 |
[10:01] | I’d love to go out with you sometime, Frasier. | 我很乐意和你一起出去 Frasier |
[10:10] | Call me tomorrow. | 明天给我打电话 |
[10:12] | Oh, do you know my brother? | 哦 你认识我弟弟吗 |
[10:14] | Oh, of course I do. | 当然 |
[10:15] | Nice seeing you again, Miles. | 很高兴再次见到你 Miles |
[10:24] | Anyway, Dr Crane, I’ve spent months now sending out resumes, | 总之 Crane医生 我花了几个月的时间发简历 |
[10:28] | pounding the pavement, but nothing. | 找工作 但是毫无收获 |
[10:30] | Well, Doug, it’s possible you’re simply going through a dry spell. | 其实 Doug 可能你只是遇上了一段瓶颈期 |
[10:34] | You know, it happens to all of us. | 每个人都有这样的经历 |
[10:35] | Months go by with nothing. Then completely out of the blue, | 几个月颗粒无收 然后突然一下子 |
[10:38] | you get not one, but three offers without doing anything. | 什么都没做 就拿到了不止一个 而是三个工作 |
[10:42] | Not just for any jobs either, but desirable ones | 不光找到了 还是梦寐以求的 |
[10:44] | with ample salaries and fabulous perks. | 工资高福利好的工作 |
[10:49] | Be patient. Finding employment is much like dating. | 耐心一点 找工作就像约会一样 |
[10:53] | Opportunities come along when you least expect them. | 机会总在最不经意之间出现 |
[10:56] | Thanks, Dr Crane. | 谢谢你 Crane医生 |
[10:58] | Actually, dating’s the one area i don’t have any problems in. | 实际上 约会我不在话下 |
[11:01] | Right now, I’ve got two women interested in me. | 现在就有两个女人对我有意思 |
[11:04] | Two? Well, that must make you the envy of… | 两个 你一定让大多数男人 |
[11:07] | … most men. | 嫉妒吧 |
[11:10] | Well, that’s all for today, Seattle. | 今天的节目到此结束 西雅图 |
[11:11] | This is Dr Frasier Crane, KACL 780. | 这里是Frasier Crane医生 KACL780频道 |
[11:16] | All right, you’ve compared dating | 你把失业 闭恐惧症以及尿床 |
[11:19] | to unemployment, claustrophobia and bed-wetting. | 都比作约会 |
[11:21] | Is there anything you’d like to tell me? | 是不是有什么好消息要告诉我 |
[11:23] | Ask me if I’m free this weekend. | 问我这周末有没有空 |
[11:27] | – Well, obviously– – Roz, ask me. Come on. | – 这个还用问吗 – Roz 问嘛 拜托 |
[11:29] | And let me remind you it is a three-day weekend. | 提醒你一下 这个周末放三天哦 |
[11:34] | Are you free this weekend? | 你这周末有空吗 |
[11:36] | No, I’m not. I have a date. | 没空 我有约会 |
[11:38] | I have a date tomorrow night. | 明晚我佳人有约 |
[11:40] | Oh, and let me check my calendar for Sunday. | 让我来看看星期天的日程 |
[11:42] | Oh, yes. Another date. | 哦 还有一个约会 |
[11:46] | – Not bad. – Not bad? | – 不赖啊 – 何止不赖 |
[11:48] | If I didn’t know better, I’d say someone was jealous. | 要不是跟你熟 我还以为你嫉妒了呢 |
[11:50] | After this weekend, you may have to give up your dating crown. | 这个周末过后 你就得交出约会达人的王冠了 |
[11:54] | I once had three dates on a single Saturday | 我曾经有个周六一天就有三个约会 |
[11:56] | and still had time to defrost my refrigerator and rotate my tires. | 而且还给冰箱除霜 轮换车胎 |
[12:02] | It’s a wonder you could rotate anything after that. | 这么多事儿之后能轮换啥都是个奇迹 |
[12:05] | – All right, I concede. – All right, good. | – 好了 我认输 – 好 |
[12:08] | – Will you help me with something? – Sure. | – 能帮我个忙吗 – 当然 |
[12:09] | Do you think it’s weird to send a wedding present to someone | 你觉得给一个18年没说过话的故人 |
[12:12] | you haven’t seen or spoken to in 18 years? | 送结婚礼物诡异不 |
[12:15] | It’s a bit unusual, but sweet nonetheless. | 虽然有点怪 但是很体贴 |
[12:18] | Okay. What if the wedding gift happens to be | 好的 要是这个礼物恰好是 |
[12:20] | a sterling-silver picture frame and inside that, | 一个纯银相框 里面 |
[12:24] | there happens to be a glamour photo of me? | 是我的靓照呢 |
[12:27] | Roz, would this have something to do with | Roz 这是不是因为 |
[12:28] | an old high school chum you ran into yesterday | 你昨天偶遇中学故友的时候 |
[12:30] | during your holiday from hygiene? | 偏偏个人卫生碎了一地 |
[12:33] | I know it all sounds so silly to you, but you don’t understand. | 我知道这听起来蠢极了 但是你不懂 |
[12:36] | Frasier, I grew up in a tiny town. | Frasier 我在一个小镇长大 |
[12:38] | And I still care what those people think of me. | 我还是在意他们怎么看我 |
[12:40] | And John Coughlin will go back there and totally trash me. | John Coughlin回去会毁了我的形象 |
[12:44] | Come on. You’re a beautiful, intelligent woman. | 行啦 你才貌双全 |
[12:46] | Do you really care what impression the people in your past have about you? | 你真的在意过去认识的人怎么看你吗 |
[12:50] | I guess not. | 我猜不会 |
[12:53] | Hello? | 你好 |
[12:55] | Norm Peterson, you old horse thief. | Norm Peterson 你好啊老伙计 |
[12:58] | Thanks for calling back so soon. | 谢谢你这么快就回电了 |
[12:59] | Yeah, well, you know, just… | 是的 你懂的 其实 |
[13:01] | Guess who’s got three dates this weekend. | 猜猜谁这周末有三个约会 |
[13:19] | Delicious. | 真美味 |
[13:21] | Hi. Is this Johnny’s Steakhouse? | 你好 是强尼牛排店吗 |
[13:24] | Yeah. I’d like a table for two at 8:00. | 是的 我想预订8点的两人位置 |
[13:28] | Sure, no problem. I’ll hold. | 没问题 我等着 |
[13:34] | What the hell are you doing? | 你到底在干啥呢 |
[13:35] | – Just making dinner reservations. – Not that. | – 就是在预约晚餐 – 不是说这个 |
[13:38] | The voice. | 说你的音调呢 |
[13:39] | I’m trying my American. | 我在尝试美国口音 |
[13:41] | You’re certainly trying this American. | 口音倒知道学美国的 |
[13:44] | Yeah, anything on the patio? | 是啊 露台上有位置吗 |
[13:47] | All right. Cool. I’ll see you then. | 好的 到时候见 |
[13:51] | You see, I’m just sick of people | 你瞧 我受够了大家 |
[13:54] | making such a fuss about my accent. | 对我的口音大惊小怪了 |
[13:55] | I’d like to be able to blend in on occasion, | 我也想偶尔融入其中 |
[13:57] | so I’m learning to speak American. | 所以我在学美国口音 |
[13:59] | And who is you tutor? | 老师是谁 |
[14:00] | A drag queen? | 易装皇后吗 |
[14:04] | You know, it’s not very kind of you to mock me. | 其实 你这样笑话我真没良心 |
[14:07] | Especially after I’ve agreed to clear out for your big date. | 况且我还为你的约会腾地方 |
[14:10] | Oh, yes. All right, Daphne. Thank you very much. | 是的 好了 Daphne 非常感谢 |
[14:12] | I’ll see you later. | 待会儿见 |
[14:13] | You see, that’s the problem when I speak American. | 你瞧 我讲美音就会有这样的问题 |
[14:16] | I don’t know what to do with my R’s. | 我不知道怎么发R的音 |
[14:18] | Try hauling it out of here. | 到外头练发音去 |
[14:42] | – Kimberly, hello. – Hello. | – Kimberly 你好 – 你好 |
[14:44] | Frasier, it’s so nice to see you again. | Frasier 很高兴再次见面 |
[14:46] | Oh, well, let me take your things. | 哦 我来吧 |
[14:49] | Thank you again for hosting the benefit. | 再次感谢你举办晚会 |
[14:51] | Oh, well, thank you again for chairing. | 再次感谢你出席 |
[14:53] | Listen, did we make as much money as we had hoped to? | 我们筹集到预期的善款数目了吗 |
[14:55] | Well, we haven’t tallied all of it, | 其实还没有 |
[14:57] | but I’m guessing the evening | 但是我想那晚的结果 |
[14:58] | will exceed our wildest expectations. | 会超出我们最狂野的预期 |
[15:01] | My favourite sort of evening. | 我最爱这样的夜晚 |
[15:04] | Oh, I could admire this view for hours. | 这景色可以让我看上几个小时 |
[15:08] | As could I. | 我也是 |
[15:12] | Here we are. | 放这儿吧 |
[15:13] | – Some wine, perhaps? – Thank you. | – 来点酒吗 – 谢谢 |
[15:16] | All right. | 好的 |
[15:19] | To… | 敬 |
[15:21] | …possibilities. | 无限可能 |
[15:29] | So tell me, how did you become interested in the theatre? | 说说看 你怎么会对戏剧感兴趣的 |
[15:32] | Well, actually, I first caught the acting bug back in prep school. | 最初 我是在学前班喜欢上表演的 |
[15:35] | The first production I ever did was A Midsummer Night’s Dream. | 我的第一个作品是<仲夏夜之梦> |
[15:38] | Not to toot my own horn, | 不是我吹嘘 |
[15:39] | but my Bottom received a standing ovation. | 我演的Bottom博得了满堂喝彩 |
[15:45] | I’m not surprised. | 不难想象 |
[15:49] | And you? How did you get involved? | 你呢 你是什么际遇 |
[15:52] | Well, I work with a lot of charities. | 我和很多慈善家打交道 |
[15:54] | I actually founded one that promotes pet adoptions. | 我还成立了一个鼓励宠物领养的慈善机构 |
[15:56] | – Really? – I’m quite the dog lover. You? | – 真的吗 – 我非常喜欢狗 你呢 |
[15:59] | Oh, heavens yes. | 哦 我也是 |
[16:02] | You know, I have a dream | 我有一个梦想 |
[16:03] | of someday owning a big house in the country | 有一天能在乡下有一栋大房子 |
[16:05] | where I can have as many dogs as I like. | 想养多少条狗就养多少 |
[16:07] | I just love a man who loves animals. | 我喜欢热爱动物的男人 |
[16:09] | Is it too much to hope you are also a vegetarian? | 你不会恰好也是素食主义者吧 |
[16:13] | I just recently became one. | 最近我刚开始吃素 |
[16:17] | Oh, hey, Fras, the pharmacy left your ointment with the doorman. | 嘿 Fras 药店把你的药膏丢在门卫那里了 |
[16:24] | Somebody has a date. | 有人在约会啊 |
[16:26] | Don’t worry, honey, it’s just for prickly heat. | 别担心 宝贝 就是治痱子的药膏 |
[16:30] | Thank you, Sherry. | 谢谢你 Sherry |
[16:32] | Well, Kimberly Egan, this is my father Martin Crane, | Kimberly Egan 这是我的父亲Martin Crane |
[16:34] | – and his companion Sherry Dempsey. – Hi, Kim. | – 他的女朋友Sherry Dempsey – 你好 Kim |
[16:37] | Join us for some peppermint schnapps? It really settles the tummy. | 一起喝点薄荷杜松子酒吗 让胃舒服一点 |
[16:39] | Yes, as much as I could use that right now, | 就我的情况来看 |
[16:41] | I think I’ll just pass. | 还是不用了 |
[16:43] | Oh, hey, sweetie. Tell them that joke you told down at McGinty’s. | 对了 宝贝 给他们讲讲你在麦金蒂说的笑话 |
[16:46] | – No. – Oh, come on. | – 算了 – 哦 讲嘛 |
[16:47] | When she told it, | 她讲笑话的时候 |
[16:48] | I did an honest-to-God spit take. | 我结结实实地笑喷了 |
[16:49] | I’m not kidding you. | 不开玩笑 |
[16:50] | So much beer gushed out of me, | 我嘴里喷出了好多啤酒 |
[16:52] | I was like Mount St Pauli Girl. | 看着跟啤酒小姐似的 |
[16:54] | Go on, tell them. | 来吧 给他们讲讲 |
[16:57] | – Actually, you know, I don’t think– – Okay. | – 其实 我觉得还是别 – 好吧 |
[16:59] | This really horny 80-year-old man goes into a confessional. | 有个好色的80岁老汉走进忏悔室 |
[17:03] | – Yeah, you’re not Catholic, are you? – Yes, I am. | – 对了 你是天主教的吗 – 是的 |
[17:05] | Oh, then you’re really gonna love it. | 哦 那你一定会喜欢的 |
[17:09] | So anyway, this horny old guy– | 就是 那个色老头 |
[17:11] | You know, Sherry, actually, I think we’ve both heard this joke. | Sherry 其实 我们都听过这个笑话了 |
[17:15] | Oh, Marty, I think we’re cramping somebody’s style. | 哦 Marty 我们看来是坏了某人的品味了啊 |
[17:20] | Oh, hey, before I forget, this is for you. | 嘿 在我忘记之前 这个是给你的 |
[17:23] | I couldn’t finish my veal chop. | 我的小牛排没吃完 |
[17:25] | If you wanna know a way to this man’s heart, | 你要是想知道如何俘获这个男人的心 |
[17:28] | that is his favourite dish. | 这就是他最爱的菜 |
[17:32] | Veal. | 牛肉 |
[17:35] | Free range. | 放养的哦 |
[17:38] | Hey, well, listen, we’re just gonna take the dog for a walk. | 嘿 我们打算去遛狗 |
[17:41] | Eddie Eddie Eddie? Eddie? | |
[17:44] | Oh, you locked him in the back room again, didn’t you? | 你又把它锁在屋子里了 对不 |
[17:49] | – What? – Oh, listen to him. | – 什么 – 听听这声音 |
[17:51] | He’s crying, that poor little thing. | 这是在哭啊 可怜的小东西 |
[17:57] | Well, I guess you’ll need a lot of extra rooms in that dream house | 看来 你的梦想之屋需要很多其它房间 |
[18:00] | to lock up all those dogs. | 来关狗啊 |
[18:02] | Good, we can joke about this. | 不错啊 这也可以当玩笑说 |
[18:06] | Kimberly Kimberly. | |
[18:08] | Please… | 拜托 |
[18:09] | Could I at least call you in a few days? | 我能过几天给你打电话吗 |
[18:23] | Go ahead. | 吃吧 |
[18:36] | – Morning, handsome. – Yeah, hi. | – 早啊 帅哥 – 早 |
[18:40] | Yeah, I wondered when you were getting up. | 我还在想你什么时候起床呢 |
[18:42] | – You hungry? – Well, a little bit. | – 你饿吗 – 是有点儿 |
[18:47] | How about some Chinese? | 来点中餐怎么样 |
[18:49] | Chinese for breakfast? Who eats that? | 早饭吃中餐 谁会这么吃 |
[18:51] | About a billion Chinese people. | 十亿中国人民 |
[18:54] | All right. I’ll get the plates and forks. | 好吧 我去准备刀叉 |
[18:57] | Look, why don’t we do it authentic this time? Get the chopsticks. | 为啥这次不试试地道的吃法呢 用筷子吧 |
[19:00] | – No, I don’t want to. – Come on. | – 不要 我不想 – 来嘛 |
[19:02] | I don’t feel like it. | 我不喜欢 |
[19:04] | Well, look, just try it one time. It’s not hard. | 好吧 就试一次 也不难 |
[19:07] | Well, it’s not a question of hard. | 不是难不难的问题 |
[19:09] | I just don’t like using them. They don’t work. | 就是不喜欢 不好用 |
[19:11] | Well, they’ve been around a lot longer than forks. | 好吧 筷子可比叉子历史悠久 |
[19:13] | Well, our hands have been around a lot longer than that. | 人的手还更悠久呢 |
[19:16] | Why don’t we just eat everything with our fingers? | 干脆用手抓好了 |
[19:20] | Boy, somebody is in a mood. | 哇哦 有人在闹情绪哦 |
[19:23] | – I’m not in a mood. – You are. | – 我没有闹情绪 – 你有 |
[19:25] | Well, I just don’t like you telling | 我就是不喜欢你让我 |
[19:27] | me to do things that I really don’t want to do. | 做我不想做的事情 |
[19:30] | Well, fine. | 好吧 |
[19:31] | I will never mention the word “Chopsticks” Again. | 我再也不提筷子了 |
[19:35] | So touchy. | 太容易炸毛了 |
[19:42] | Well, thanks for taking what I said so seriously. | 好吧 谢谢你了 我刚说的你还真听进去了 |
[19:45] | Marty Marty. | |
[19:48] | Sherry’s there for not more than 30 seconds | Sherry回来不到30秒 |
[19:50] | and she chases Kimberly out of the apartment. | 就把Kimberly赶出门了 |
[19:52] | Gee, I’m sorry, Dr Crane. | 很抱歉 Crane医生 |
[19:53] | That woman sure can be difficult. | 那个女人真是难对付 |
[19:57] | You know, this accent business is getting downright annoying. | 这个口音已经变得惹人嫌了 |
[20:00] | Well, anyway, I’ve been trying to call Kimberly all day to apologize and– | 总之 我试着给Kimberly打电话道歉了 |
[20:03] | What are you doing? | 你干啥呢 |
[20:05] | Saying hello to Mr Hicks in security. | 和保安Hicks先生打招呼 |
[20:08] | You mean, there’s a hidden camera up there? | 你是说 电梯里有摄像头 |
[20:10] | But don’t worry about it. | 别担心 |
[20:11] | He says lots of people | 他说很多人在电梯里 |
[20:12] | pull down their pants to tuck in their shirts. | 脱裤子塞衬衫下摆 |
[20:17] | Although he did recommend having that rash looked at. | 不过他倒是建议你的皮疹该看看了 |
[20:21] | Dear God! | 天呐 |
[20:24] | Oh, fine. Sherry’s still here. | 好极了 Sherry还在 |
[20:25] | She stays later each morning and more nights each week. | 她现在早上走得越来越晚 晚上来得越来越多 |
[20:28] | This is not what I had in mind when I moved in here. | 我搬进来的时候完全想不到会这样 |
[20:30] | God, it’s bad enough I have to deal with Eddie and Dad and– | 天啊 已经要悲催地应付Eddie 老爸 还有 |
[20:33] | Their shenanigans. | 他们的恶作剧 |
[20:38] | I can’t believe you’re getting upset over nothing. | 我不敢相信你无缘无故就生气了 |
[20:41] | I don’t consider it nothing. | 我不觉得是无缘无故 |
[20:42] | – I think we should talk about it. – I don’t wanna talk about it. | – 我们得好好谈谈 – 我不想谈 |
[20:45] | – To not talk about it is stupid. – So I’m stupid? | – 避而不谈是愚蠢的做法 – 所以我很愚蠢了 |
[20:48] | It sounds like they’re arguing. | 他们好像在吵架 |
[20:49] | You’re acting stupid. | 你这样做才叫愚蠢 |
[20:50] | – Could there be trouble in paradise? – Yeah. | – 如胶似漆的时候也会吵架吗 – 是啊 |
[20:53] | This is awkward. Should we let them know we’re here? | 好尴尬啊 该让他们知道我们在吗 |
[20:55] | No, they might stop. | 不要 不然他们就不吵了 |
[20:59] | When did you get back? | 你们什么时候回来的 |
[21:01] | Just now. | 刚回来 |
[21:01] | Well, don’t worry. We were just talking. | 别担心 我们就是谈谈 |
[21:04] | We’re finished talking. | 已经谈完了 |
[21:05] | Maybe you are. | 只是你谈完了 |
[21:08] | Marty, I think we should talk about it. | Marty 我们还是应该谈谈 |
[21:11] | – No, I don’t want to– – My God, | – 不 我不想 – 天哪 |
[21:13] | I’ve never heard them talk to each other like that before. | 我从没听他们这样这样吵过 |
[21:15] | Dare I get my hopes up? | 我是不是看到希望了 |
[21:17] | Don’t count on it. | 别指望了 |
[21:18] | Once an argument moves into the bedroom, | 一旦吵架吵到卧室里 |
[21:20] | a woman can always get the man to make up. | 女人总能搞定男人和好 |
[21:23] | – I wouldn’t be so sure about that. – Come on. | – 我可不这么肯定 – 行了 |
[21:25] | Men and women have been having this conversation for centuries. | 男女之间这样的对话已经存在千年了 |
[21:28] | The woman always says, “Oh, do we really have to fight?” | 女人会说 我们真的要这样吵吗 |
[21:31] | And then the man would say, | 男人就说说 |
[21:32] | “Well, it’s your own fault. You started it.” | 是你的问题 你先挑起来的 |
[21:34] | Well, can’t we at least talk this out? | 好吧 我们至少能谈谈吧 |
[21:37] | Come on, sit with me on the bed. | 来嘛 过来和我一起坐在床上 |
[21:38] | – I don’t feel like sitting. – Do you have to be so cold? | – 我不想坐着 – 你一定要这么冷淡吗 |
[21:40] | Well, you made me angry. | 是你把我弄生气了 |
[21:42] | You could at least put your arms around me. | 你就不能抱我一下吗 |
[21:44] | Oh, Daphne, I’m sorry. | Daphe 对不起 |
[21:51] | You’re right. They’ve probably made up already. | 你是对的 他们可能已经和好了 |
[21:53] | Well, at least they’ll be in a good mood when they come out. | 至少 他们出来的时候会是好心情了 |
[21:56] | There’s nothing like makeup sex. | 和好后做爱最给力了 |
[21:58] | Daphne, please. | Daphne 拜托 |
[21:59] | Sherry and my dad do not have sex. | Sherry和我爸不会做爱的 |
[22:01] | Of course they do, they are probably– | 当然会做啦 他们可能正在 |
[22:02] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[22:04] | I have to sleep at night. | 我晚上还要睡觉呢 |
[22:05] | My dad and Sherry do not have sex. | 所以我爸和Sherry不会做爱的 |
[22:09] | So long, kids. It was nice knowing you. | 再见 孩子们 认识你们真好 |
[22:17] | Did that actually just happen? | 这是真的吗 |
[22:20] | I guess I called that one wrong. | 看来这次我预测错了 |
[22:24] | – Is everything all right? – Oh, yeah, yeah, fine. | – 一切还好吗 – 哦 是的 还好 |
[22:28] | Yeah, it was a long time coming. | 我早就预料到会这样 |
[22:30] | Are you okay with this? | 你还好吧 |
[22:32] | Well, yeah. I mean, I’m not jumping up and down. | 还好 虽然不是值得欢呼雀跃的事 |
[22:36] | But, yeah. I think it’s better for both of us. Yeah. | 但我觉得这样对我们两个都好 |
[22:40] | – You’re sure? – Yeah, yeah. | – 你确定 – 是的 |
[22:42] | Sherry and I had a lot of laughs, | Sherry和我在一起是很开心 |
[22:43] | but there’s a lot of things about her that bug me, | 但她也给我带来了很多不快 |
[22:46] | and Lord knows, I’m sure | 谁知道呢 我肯定 |
[22:47] | she was bugged by a lot of things that I did. | 也有不少惹她嫌的地方 |
[22:49] | So no. No, really. This is fine. It’s fine. | 所以 算了吧 没事的 没事 |
[22:53] | Well, he seems to be taking it very well. | 好吧 他似乎很看得开啊 |
[22:57] | Maybe I should go see if he feels like talking about it. | 或许我应该去看看他愿不愿意详细谈谈 |
[23:02] | Hello. | 你好 |
[23:04] | Oh, yes. Hi, Niles. | 是的 Niles |
[23:06] | Well, actually, it’s not a very good time right now. | 其实 这还不是时候 |
[23:09] | Well, Dad and Sherry just broke up. | 老爸和Sherry刚分手 |
[23:12] | He seems to be taking it okay, I guess, but– | 他看着还好 但是 |
[23:14] | Well, no, I don’t think that’s appropriate. | 不 这样不太合适吧 |
[23:16] | Well, no, it’s just too soon for us to be celebrating right now. | 好吧 只是现在就庆祝还为时过早 |
[23:25] | It’s still too soon, Niles. | 还是太早了 Niles |
[23:43] | – Dr Crane, are you all right? – Daphne, shh. | – Crane医生 你还好吗 – Daphne 嘘 |
[23:47] | Do you hear that? | 你听到了吗 |
[23:50] | What? | 啥 |
[23:51] | The sound of a Sherry-free apartment. | 没有Sherry的公寓之音 |
[23:58] | I’ve been basking in it for the last 30 minutes. | 刚才半个小时我都在沉浸其中 |
[24:01] | My God. | 天呐 |
[24:03] | I feel like a seafront village after the Vikings have left. | 我像是维京海盗撤退后的海边小村 |
[24:09] | That must be Niles. | 一定是Niles |
[24:14] | – Frasier – Niles – Frasier. – Niles. | |
[24:15] | I’d offer you a sherry, | 我想给你一杯雪利酒(Sherry) |
[24:16] | but I’m fresh out. | 但是没存货了(她不在了) |
[24:25] | I can’t believe Dad finally came to his senses. | 真不敢相信老爸终于找回理性了 |
[24:28] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[24:29] | Shall we attempt a high-five? | 要试试击掌庆祝吗 |
[24:30] | Well, no– No– | 算了 别了 |
[24:32] | You know what happened the last time. | 你知道上次是个什么结果 |
[24:33] | You got your watchband caught in my hair. | 你的手表链缠着我的头发了 |
[24:37] | What a relief to finally have things back to normal. | 一切回到正轨真是解脱啊 |
[24:39] | Yes, isn’t it. | 是啊 |
[24:40] | Hey, Dr Crane. How’s tricks? | 嗨 Crane医生 你好啊 |
[24:45] | – I’m trying my American accent. – Well, stop it. | – 我在尝试说美音 – 打住吧 |
[24:48] | I mean– Just that we Americans | 我是说 我们美国人 |
[24:51] | are very sensitive about our crude speech patterns. | 对别人模仿我们愚蠢的口音非常敏感 |
[24:54] | Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend. | 对不起 我无意冒犯 |
[24:57] | No, no, no. It’s quite all right. | 不不不 其实没什么 |
[24:59] | You have a real flair for accents. | 你有模仿口音的天赋 |
[25:01] | Just out of curiosity, | 我好奇问一下 |
[25:02] | have you ever tried a saucy French chambermaid? | 你有没有模仿过性感法国女招待的口音 |
[25:03] | Niles, no. | Niles 够了 |
[25:08] | Frasier’s just been telling me | Frasier刚才还在跟我讲 |
[25:09] | how well Dad’s taking the breakup with Sherry. | 我爸和Sherry分手后很看得开 |
[25:12] | Yeah, a little too well, if you ask me. | 要是我说 也太看得开了 |
[25:13] | Daphne, we’ve had this discussion already. He’s fine. | Daphne 我们已经讨论过了 他很好 |
[25:16] | He’s in a lot more pain than he’s letting on. | 他内心的痛苦远比说出来的多 |
[25:19] | You don’t see it because you like having your apartment back. | 你却视而不见 就是为了你的公寓 |
[25:21] | Yes. Well, leave the complex analyses to the professionals. | 好了 这种复杂的分析还是留给专业人员吧 |
[25:24] | Oh, hi, Niles. | 嗨 Niles |
[25:25] | You feel like going to the movies with me and Daphne? | 你想陪我和Daphne去看电影吗 |
[25:28] | Thanks, but I have plans. | 谢谢 但是我还有事 |
[25:29] | Listen, Dad, I’m sorry to hear about you and Sherry. | 老爸 你和Sherry的事我很遗憾 |
[25:32] | Oh, that’s all right. There’s nothing to be sorry about. | 哦 没事 没什么可遗憾的 |
[25:35] | It’s kind of fun to go back to my old bachelor days, you know. | 过回单身汉的日子挺有意思的 |
[25:38] | Yeah, don’t worry about me. | 就别担心我了 |
[25:40] | Easy come, easy go. | 来得容易 去得也快 |
[25:41] | You want a boilermaker? | 要来杯鸡尾酒吗 |
[25:42] | – No, thanks. – Oh, well, more for me. | – 不了 谢谢 – 也好 我能多喝一些了 |
[25:44] | I should pack a few of those for the movies, you know. | 我该带一些看电影的时候喝 |
[25:47] | Mr Crane… | Crane先生 |
[25:49] | Oh, come on. I’m only kidding. | 行啦 我开玩笑的 |
[25:51] | No. No, it’s kind of fun to laugh at things again. | 又能哈哈大笑真是太好了 |
[25:53] | That was the problem with Sherry. She had no sense of humour. | Sherry在就不行 她一点幽默感都没有 |
[25:56] | Just a real stick in the mud, you know. | 真是个不解风情的木头 |
[25:58] | We’d better get going. We’ll be late. | 我们还是走吧 不然会迟到的 |
[26:00] | I’ll get the elevator. | 我去按电梯 |
[26:06] | Well, what’s your diagnosis now? | 好了 现在你的诊断是什么 |
[26:09] | It’s a clear-cut case of post-Sherry euphoria. | 这是典型的Sherry走后欣快症 |
[26:15] | Oh, there are my canapes. | 我的开胃菜好了 |
[26:17] | Oh, right. Date number two. | 对了 二号约会对象 |
[26:18] | I’ll be off as well. | 我也得走了 |
[26:20] | You can fill me in tomorrow. | 你明天再跟我讲吧 |
[26:21] | You’ll get a full debriefing. | 我会详细跟你讲的 |
[26:22] | As, hopefully, will I. | 但愿我也能详细地看看 |
[26:28] | All right, young Edward. | 好了 小Edward |
[26:31] | Learn from the master. | 跟着大师我好好学着 |
[26:34] | Now, just follow these time-honoured traditions, | 好了 遵循这些历史悠久的传统 |
[26:38] | and you too might get lucky with that young Pekinese peach | 你也能和那只你在公园里相中的 |
[26:40] | you’ve been eyeing in the park. | 小Pekinese滚床单了 |
[26:43] | Now, for mood… | 调节气氛 |
[26:46] | …Vivaldi. | 用维瓦尔第的曲子 |
[26:48] | And then for lighting… | 调节灯光 |
[26:51] | …not so bright as to show the wrinkles. | 不能太亮 遮蔽星辉 |
[26:54] | Not so dark as to make her think you’re hiding anything. | 不能太暗 有不坦诚之嫌 |
[26:57] | And then finally– | 最后 |
[26:59] | Leaving nothing to chance | 确保万无一失 |
[27:00] | Pouilly-Fuisse, 1992. | 1992年产的普伊富赛葡萄酒 |
[27:03] | The nectar of the gods. | 诸神的美酒 |
[27:10] | Dear God, | 额滴神啊 |
[27:12] | I could teach a course. | 我简直可以开班教学了 |
[27:21] | Adair, come in. | Adair 请进 |
[27:23] | – May I take your coat? – Oh, thank you. | – 外套给我吧 – 谢谢 |
[27:26] | It’s so nice of you to have me over. | 你能邀请我来真是太好了 |
[27:28] | I hope you didn’t go to any trouble. | 希望没有让你费神准备 |
[27:29] | Oh, nothing special. | 哦 没有的事 |
[27:32] | I’ve got to tell you, this is all so strange. | 坦白说 这一切都太不可思议了 |
[27:34] | I mean, one night I’m at Dr Frasier Crane’s house | 我是说 之前我在Frasier Crane医生家 |
[27:37] | for a benefit. | 参加慈善晚宴 |
[27:38] | And two days later, I’m back at his house for a date. | 两天后 我又来这里约会了 |
[27:40] | Well, If there’s one thing I’ve learned, | 好吧 在我看来 |
[27:41] | it’s that life is nothing without spontaneity. | 生活就是这么自然而然 |
[27:48] | Come have a look at the city. | 过来看看城市的景色 |
[27:51] | Oh, what a lovely view. | 哦 真的好漂亮 |
[27:55] | I didn’t fully appreciate it the other night. | 之前我都没有欣赏够 |
[27:58] | My sentiments exactly. | 我的心声啊 |
[28:02] | Here, have some wine? | 来点酒吗 |
[28:04] | Oh, certainly. | 当然了 |
[28:06] | Here we are. | 这边 |
[28:09] | To… | 敬 |
[28:12] | …possibilities. | 无限可能 |
[28:16] | I wonder if I can see my apartment from here. | 不知道能不能从这里看到我的公寓 |
[28:18] | Well, if you can, don’t tell me. | 真能看见也别告诉我 |
[28:19] | I have a telescope, and I am not to be trusted. | 我有个望远镜 其它不敢保证啊 |
[28:24] | Funny, charming. | 风趣 迷人 |
[28:26] | Next I’m gonna find out you’re a great cook. | 你是不是还擅长厨艺 |
[28:28] | Well, don’t get your hopes up. Duck comfit? | 好吧 不要期望过高哦 试试油封鸭 |
[28:33] | Oh, good Lord. Excuse me for just a moment. | 哦 失陪一下 |
[28:38] | – Hello, Frasier. – Sherry. | – 你好 Frasier – Sherry |
[28:40] | My father’s not here now. I’ll tell him you stopped by. | 我爸爸不在 我会告诉他你来过的 |
[28:42] | Wait, wait. I just came by to pick something up. | 等一下 我只是来取点东西 |
[28:44] | Why don’t you tell me what it is. | 不如你说一下都有什么吧 |
[28:46] | I’ll have it messengered tomorrow. | 我明天给你邮过去 |
[28:47] | It’s my banjo. Can’t I have it? | 就是我班卓琴 我就不能拿一下吗 |
[28:51] | Well… | 额 |
[28:52] | All right, all right. | 好吧 去吧 |
[28:54] | Listen, I’m on a date here. | 我正在约会呢 |
[28:55] | So you know, just try to make it quick. | 所以你懂的 快一点 |
[28:57] | Okay. Hi, how are you? | 好的 你好啊 |
[28:58] | She’s fine. She’s fine. We’re fine. | 她很好 很好 我们也很好 |
[29:00] | All right, you know where you’re going. | 你知道该怎么走的 |
[29:02] | It’s my father’s ex-girlfriend. | 她是我爸爸的前女友 |
[29:05] | Well, where were we? | 好了 刚说到哪儿了 |
[29:07] | I was about to say that this duck is superb. | 我刚要说这个鸭子美味极了 |
[29:09] | Oh, thank you very much. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[29:10] | And the way the wine complements it and the music… | 还有这相配的美酒 这音乐 |
[29:14] | I’m guessing you entertain often. | 我猜你经常宴请宾朋吧 |
[29:16] | Well… | 其实 |
[29:17] | No, actually, I’m really rather lonely. | 不是的 实际上我很孤单 |
[29:20] | Tell you what, take my telescope home. You can see for yourself. | 这样吧 望远镜你带回家 就能亲眼见识了 |
[29:26] | Got my banjo. | 我拿到班卓琴了 |
[29:27] | Well, yes, okay. Bye-bye. | 那么 好了 再见 |
[29:29] | Bye, Frasier. Oh, it was nice seeing you again. | 再见 Frasier 很高兴再次见到你 |
[29:32] | I’m sorry, have we met? | 不好意思 我们见过吗 |
[29:34] | Well, yes, on your date last night. Kimberly, isn’t it? | 见过 昨晚你们约会的时候 你是Kimberly对吧 |
[29:37] | No. | 不是 |
[29:37] | Well, you’ve got what you came for. | 好了 该拿的已经拿到了 |
[29:39] | Off you go. | 赶紧走吧 |
[29:41] | Well, I’m sorry, hon. But she does look just like the other girl. | 抱歉 亲爱的 你看着真像昨天那个女孩 |
[29:44] | Besides, you were playing the same make-out music. | 况且 你还放了同一曲调情音乐 |
[29:46] | All right, off you go. | 行了行了 赶紧走吧 |
[29:52] | Well, some more wine? | 再来点酒吗 |
[29:55] | Two dates in two nights isn’t bad for someone who’s lonely. | 连续两晚佳人有约就不那么寂寞了吧 |
[29:57] | Well, you can hardly call what happened last night a date. | 其实 昨天晚上那个根本算不上约会 |
[30:00] | The woman that organized the benefit came by. | 就是组织慈善晚宴的女士来了一下 |
[30:02] | She just dropped in to say thank you. | 她是顺道过来表示感谢的 |
[30:05] | Wait a minute. You mean Kimberly Egan? | 等一下 你是说Kimberly Egan |
[30:07] | She broke up my first marriage. | 她害得我离婚了 |
[30:09] | Well, I hardly know the woman. | 这个 我对她根本不熟啊 |
[30:11] | I mean, she spent all of ten minutes here. | 她总共就待了十分钟 |
[30:13] | Look, I’m not going through this again. | 听着 我不想再承受一次了 |
[30:15] | Oh, Adair, listen. Listen, this is all in your mind. | Adair 听着 是你想多了 |
[30:18] | I mean, we spent one night together. | 我和她只共度了一夜 |
[30:20] | She means nothing to me. | 她对我来说什么都不是 |
[30:21] | Gee, where have I heard that before? | 老天 男人都是一样的鬼话吗 |
[30:37] | Go ahead. | 吃吧 |
[30:48] | So for the second time in two nights, | 所以两天之内悲剧重演 |
[30:50] | Sherry managed to chase away another date. | Sherry成功地赶走了另一个约会对象 |
[30:52] | It’s like she’s a scarecrow in the cornfield of my love life. | 她就像是我恋爱玉米地里吓人的稻草人 |
[30:57] | I don’t know how many more | 我不知道还有多少 |
[30:58] | of your disastrous love stories I can hear. | 你约会悲剧故事可以听 |
[31:00] | I’ll say when. | 但我同意你所说的 |
[31:02] | Hello. | 你好 |
[31:04] | You look like an almost-presentable version of someone | 你看着像我哥哥某位同事的 |
[31:06] | who works with my brother. | 升级漂亮版 |
[31:07] | Bite me. | 不服吗 |
[31:12] | Oh, it is you. | 哦 还真是你 |
[31:13] | You haven’t seen my high school friend, | 你看到我的中学故友 |
[31:14] | John, around here, have you? | John在这里了吗 |
[31:17] | Well, no, we haven’t, Roz. | 没看见 Roz |
[31:18] | I suppose you finally tracked him down? | 我猜你终于联系上他了 |
[31:20] | Yeah. I’m meeting him here for coffee. | 是啊 我们约好在这里喝咖啡 |
[31:22] | I’m gonna tell him I’m on my way to a chic cocktail party. | 我打算告诉他 我要去一个时尚鸡尾酒派对 |
[31:25] | This is the Roz I want him to talk about | 这才是这周末在婚礼上 |
[31:27] | when he goes to that wedding this weekend. | 他口中Roz该有的形象 |
[31:29] | The vain, neurotic, lying Roz? | 自负敏感 撒谎作假的Roz |
[31:33] | – Oh, are you Roz? – Yeah. | – 哦 你是Roz吗 – 是的 |
[31:35] | there was a call for you earlier from a John Coughlin. | John Coughlin之前给你打了电话 |
[31:37] | He said he’s sorry, but he can’t meet you. | 他说很抱歉 没法过来见你了 |
[31:39] | He had to take an earlier flight. | 他要赶一个更早的航班 |
[31:41] | Oh, great. | 好极了 |
[31:42] | – Roz Doyle, right? – Yeah. | – 你是Roz Doyle吧 – 是的 |
[31:44] | Sorry. You don’t look anything like he described. | 不好意思 你跟他描述的判若两人 |
[31:49] | All right, before I do anything crazy | 好吧 在我做出 |
[31:51] | like go to the airport, fly to Wisconsin | 赶去机场 飞回老家 |
[31:52] | and crash a wedding, | 擅闯婚礼的疯狂行径之前 |
[31:54] | did I really look that bad the other day? | 告诉我 那天我真的那么差劲吗 |
[31:56] | – Hi, guys. – Oh, hi, Sherry. | – 嗨 大伙们 – 嗨 Sherry |
[31:58] | Gee, you look familiar. | 天呐 你看着真眼熟 |
[32:00] | Did I meet your older sister in here the other day? | 我是不是之间见过你的姐姐 |
[32:03] | Oh, she must be jealous of you. | 她一定嫉妒死你了 |
[32:08] | Taxi! | 出租车 |
[32:13] | – Mind if I join you? – Well, of course not. | – 我能一起吗 – 当然可以 |
[32:18] | I was hoping I’d catch you here. | 我就是想来这里找你们的 |
[32:22] | Well, I’ve been thinking about | 我一直在想昨天 |
[32:23] | what happened yesterday between your dad and me, | 你爸和我分手的事 |
[32:26] | And I just can’t figure it out. | 但我怎么都想不明白 |
[32:28] | One minute we were having a stupid argument about chopsticks, | 上一秒我们还因为筷子傻不啦叽地吵架 |
[32:32] | and the next minute we were broken up. | 下一秒我们就分手了 |
[32:35] | Well, I hate to put you on the spot like this, | 我不想让你们为难 |
[32:38] | but did he say anything to you? | 但是 他有没有跟你们谈过这事 |
[32:41] | Well, not really. | 没怎么说过 |
[32:43] | You know how closed-mouth Dad is. It’s just… | 你知道他嘴巴有多紧 |
[32:46] | Well, he did say that the break-up was a long time coming. | 他倒是说了早就料到会分手 |
[32:50] | Oh, now I really am confused. | 那我就更不懂了 |
[32:53] | I mean, I thought everything was going fine. | 我觉得一直以来一切都很好啊 |
[32:55] | Well, better than fine. | 其实 何止很好 |
[32:58] | The other night, | 前几天晚上 |
[33:00] | we both said, “L love you,” For the first time. | 我们头一次跟对方说了我爱你 |
[33:03] | You did? | 真的 |
[33:04] | Yes. | 没错 |
[33:06] | Oh, it’s just that in the past he’s been rather reserved | 哦 以前他不会这样 |
[33:09] | about expressing himself that way. | 这样表达感情 |
[33:12] | Well, I guess he sort of hesitated before he said it, | 我想他在说那三个字之前犹豫过 |
[33:15] | but, I mean, a lot of guys do that | 但是很多人都会这样 |
[33:17] | When you spring it on them for the first time. | 毕竟第一次听到会很惊讶 |
[33:19] | Yes, well, I can certainly understand why you’re confused. | 好的 我非常理解你的困惑了 |
[33:22] | Well… | 那么 |
[33:24] | If you’d like, I could speak to him on your behalf. | 如果你同意 我可以代你和他谈谈 |
[33:26] | – Ow. – I’m sorry. Was that your shin? | – 哦 – 很抱歉 那是你的胫骨吗 |
[33:29] | No. No, thanks, Frasier. | 算了 谢谢你 Frasier |
[33:31] | I don’t wanna put you in the middle of this. | 我真的不想让你搀和进来 |
[33:34] | I’m just frustrated. | 我只是太受打击了 |
[33:37] | Listen. Thanks for listening. | 谢谢你们的倾听 |
[33:38] | – No problem. – Anytime. | – 没问题 – 随时效劳 |
[33:40] | You know, I really thought I hit the jackpot with Marty. | 我以为Marty就是我的真命天子了 |
[33:46] | It isn’t easy finding someone you think the world of. | 能找到这么喜欢的人并不容易 |
[33:50] | Oh, I know, you go tomcatting around | 当然啦 你每晚都 |
[33:52] | with a different girl every night, | 和不同的女孩胡搞 |
[33:54] | but you can’t find happiness that way. | 但你这样没法找到真正的快乐 |
[33:58] | I haven’t so far. | 目前是没找到 |
[34:06] | Ow! | 哦 |
[34:09] | I didn’t kick you that hard. | 我踢你可没这么狠 |
[34:10] | You didn’t have to kick me at all. | 你根本不该踢我 |
[34:11] | Were you seriously considering playing couple-therapist | 你真要帮老爸和Sherry做恋爱诊疗吗 |
[34:14] | to Dad and that woman after we got rid of her? | 我们好不容易甩掉那个女人的 |
[34:16] | I have no intention of repairing the rift. | 我没打算修复他们的裂痕 |
[34:18] | God. But last night for the first time in months, | 昨天晚上是我这几个月以来头一次 |
[34:21] | I wasn’t jolted awake at 2 A.M. | 没在凌晨两点 |
[34:23] | by her rousing rendition of “Foggy Mountain Breakdown.” | 被她高调的<雾山之陨> 给震醒 |
[34:28] | It seems a little odd that Dad chose to break up with Sherry | 只是老爸刚说过我爱你之后 |
[34:31] | just after he told her that he loved her. | 和Sherry分手有点奇怪 |
[34:33] | As I recall, she said he hesitantly said it back to her. | 据我回忆 Sherry说老爸犹豫之后才回应的 |
[34:37] | That’s a clear picture of a man who didn’t share her feelings. | 这很明显是老爸和她的情感不一样 |
[34:39] | Yes, well, I think he does share her feelings. | 好吧 我觉得老爸和她是一样的情感 |
[34:42] | – He just panicked out of fear. – Fear of what? | – 他只是因为害怕而恐慌 – 害怕什么 |
[34:44] | Well, lots of things. Change. Commitment. | 很多事情啊 改变 承诺 |
[34:47] | Becoming vulnerable to somebody again. | 又有一个人成了自己的软肋 |
[34:51] | I’m afraid he broke up with her for all the wrong reasons. | 恐怕他是因为这些错误的原因才分手的 |
[34:54] | Well, if he’d like a list of the right reasons, | 好吧 要是他想要一些正确的原因 |
[34:55] | it’s available on request. | 倒是一抓一大把 |
[34:58] | The least I can do is have a talk with him. | 我至少该跟他谈谈 |
[35:00] | No, the least you can do is nothing. | 不 你至少可以不插手 |
[35:02] | Dad hasn’t asked for our help. | 老爸并没有向我们寻求帮助 |
[35:03] | We should let nature take its course. | 我们应该顺其自然 |
[35:05] | It’s like one of those wildlife films | 就像那些野生动物节目一样 |
[35:07] | with the lion chasing the antelope. | 看到狮子捕猎羚羊 |
[35:09] | You don’t ask why the photographer doesn’t interfere. | 你不会问为什么摄影师不去干预 |
[35:11] | You just accept it. | 你很自然地就接受了 |
[35:13] | As a general rule, Niles, | 一般来说 Niles |
[35:15] | the photographer is not related to the antelope. | 摄影师与羚羊没有血缘关系 |
[35:18] | Obviously, you and I don’t see eye-to-eye on this issue. | 但很显然 我们俩对这事看法不一致 |
[35:21] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[35:21] | I have a date in 45 minutes, | 我45分钟后有约会 |
[35:24] | and a bleeding antelope | 还有一只流血的羚羊 |
[35:25] | sitting in a Barcalounger in my apartment. | 躺在我家的安乐椅上 |
[35:30] | I suppose that sounded strange to you. | 估计你觉得我们说话很奇怪吧 |
[35:32] | I’d be happy to explain it. | 我很乐意为你解释 |
[35:33] | Are you, by any chance, free at the end of your shift? | 你下班后有空吗 |
[35:36] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[35:38] | I’ve still got it. | 又一张好人卡 |
[35:58] | Not so fast, Mr Hicks. | 先别急 Hicks先生 |
[36:02] | You won’t catch me doing anything foolish. | 你别想抓住我做傻事 |
[36:20] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[36:22] | Hello, Dr Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[36:27] | – Enjoy your evening. – Yes, you too. | – 祝你今晚过得愉快 – 你也是 |
[36:30] | He’s been under a lot of stress lately. | 他最近压力山大 |
[36:37] | Oh, Dad, listen, I’m glad you’re home. We’ve gotta talk. | 老爸 还好你在家 我们得谈谈 |
[36:40] | No good conversation ever started that way. | 一个好的谈话不会用这话开头的 |
[36:42] | We have to talk about you and Sherry. | 我们得谈谈你和Sherry的事 |
[36:43] | Why? Look, I’m fine with it. | 为什么 听着 我好得很 |
[36:45] | – Come on, now let it go. – Dad. | – 行了 随它去吧 – 爸爸 |
[36:48] | Listen, I spoke with Sherry today. | 听着 今天我和Sherry谈过了 |
[36:49] | You did what? What for? | 你真这么干了 为啥 |
[36:51] | Well, she came to see me. | 是她过来找我的 |
[36:53] | Said she was a bit confused about what happened the other day. | 她对之前发生的事感到很困惑 |
[36:56] | Well, from her story, | 据她所说 |
[36:59] | I think what you’re contending with here | 我认为你所面对的 |
[37:01] | is a classic case of panic induced by fear of commitment. | 是害怕承诺引起的恐慌症 很典型 |
[37:05] | You hear that, Eddie? | 听见了吗 Eddie |
[37:06] | That’s what buys your dog food. | 他就是用这些屁话骗钱给你买狗粮的 |
[37:07] | Yes, well, she told me about a little incident | 她告诉了我前几天 |
[37:09] | that took place the other evening | 晚上发生的一件小事 |
[37:10] | where she expressed her feelings for you, | 她向你一吐爱意 |
[37:13] | – and you hesitantly reciprocated. – Oh, jeez. | – 你犹豫了之后才回应 – 哦 老天 |
[37:15] | She told you about that? | 她跟你说了那事儿 |
[37:16] | Look, to cut it short, | 长话短说 |
[37:17] | she told me how she felt about me. I said it back, | 她告诉我她对我的感情 我回应了 |
[37:20] | but I only said it because I felt I had to. | 但这是出于形势所需而已 |
[37:23] | That’s not really what I feel. So end of story. | 并不是我真实的感情 就这样了 |
[37:26] | Now, there’s my date. Listen, | 我马上就要约会了 听着 |
[37:27] | I’m sorry for butting into your life, | 我很抱歉干涉你的生活 |
[37:29] | but I happen to be concerned about you. | 但是我很担心你 |
[37:31] | You may find this hard to believe, | 你估计也不相信 |
[37:32] | but your welfare happens to be very important to me. | 但是你的幸福对我来说非常重要 |
[37:43] | – Hi, Frasier. – Sherry. | – 嗨 Frasier – Sherry |
[37:49] | – Hi, Martin. – Hey. | – 嗨 Martin – 嗨 |
[37:51] | You left your Sinatra tape in my car. | 你的辛纳特拉磁带落在我车上了 |
[37:54] | Oh, thanks. I’ve been looking for that. | 谢谢 我一直在找这个 |
[37:56] | Well, here you go. | 好了 给你 |
[38:01] | – Bye. – So long. | – 再见 – 再见 |
[38:05] | I saw that, Dad. I saw the way you looked at her. | 我瞧见了 老爸 你看她的眼神 |
[38:07] | You can’t convince me | 我不相信 |
[38:08] | you don’t feel the same way about her she feels about you. | 你们俩的感觉不一样 |
[38:10] | Look, I appreciate what you’re doing, | 听着 我很感谢你所做的这些 |
[38:11] | Frasier. I really do. But stop! | Frasier 我真的很感谢 但是够了 |
[38:13] | All right, fine. It’s your life. | 好吧 这是你的生活 |
[38:15] | I wouldn’t interfere. | 我不该干涉 |
[38:17] | Sherry, wait. | Sherry 等等 |
[38:18] | If you could just stay for a few minutes, | 你要是能多留几分钟 |
[38:20] | I think I can straighten this out. | 我能让他坦白怎么回事 |
[38:21] | It didn’t look like he wanted you to. | 但他不想你这么做吧 |
[38:23] | Yes, he’s just being his old stubborn, ornery self. | 是的 他又老顽固上身了 |
[38:26] | I do miss that. | 我好想念那样的他 |
[38:27] | All right. I’ll go talk to him | 好了 我去跟他谈 |
[38:28] | You stay here. | 你待在这儿 |
[38:31] | – Frasier? – Oh, Leslie. | – Frasier – 哦 Leslie |
[38:33] | Sorry. I’m a little early. | 不好意思 我来得稍微早了点 |
[38:34] | – Way to go, Fras. – Oh, dear God. | – 恭喜啊 Fras – 哦 老天爷啊 |
[38:37] | Sherry, this is Leslie. Leslie, Sherry. | Sherry 这是Leslie Leslie 这是Sherry |
[38:39] | – Leslie, come on in. – Hi. | – Leslie 请进 – 你好 |
[38:42] | Frasier, could I use the little girl’s room? | Frasier 我能用一下洗手间吗 |
[38:44] | No. | 不 |
[38:44] | No need to ask. | 不用问直接用 |
[38:45] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[38:48] | – May I take your coat? – Of course. | – 我帮你拿外套吧 – 好的 |
[38:50] | – Yes, there we are. – Thank you. | – 好了 – 谢谢 |
[38:51] | Yes, well, you see, Sherry is my father’s lady friend, | 其实 Sherry是我爸爸的女朋友 |
[38:54] | and they’re going through a bit of a rough patch. | 他们之间遇到了点问题 |
[38:56] | If you can excuse me, | 抱歉失陪一下 |
[38:57] | I have to talk with him for just one minute. | 我得和我爸稍微谈一下 |
[38:59] | Take your time. I can always chat with Sherry. | 不着急 我可以和Sherry聊天 |
[39:01] | No, no. What, and miss this fabulous sunset? | 别别 不要错过这么美丽的日落 |
[39:04] | Isn’t that something? | 令人赞叹的景色 |
[39:06] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[39:07] | It’s even more stunning than I remember. | 比我记忆中的还要好 |
[39:10] | Yes, it is. | 是啊 |
[39:12] | Excuse me for a minute. | 先失陪了 |
[39:13] | Oh, no, wait. | 哦 对了 |
[39:14] | Here, some wine? | 来点酒吗 |
[39:17] | Here we are. To… | 来吧 敬 |
[39:20] | …possibilities. | 无限可能 |
[39:25] | – Oh, Dad. – Oh, don’t worry. | – 哦 爸爸 – 别担心 |
[39:27] | I won’t get in the way. I’m just gonna grab a beer. | 我不会打扰你的 我就是拿瓶啤酒 |
[39:29] | Well, it’s no trouble at all, Dad. | 这怎么会是打扰 |
[39:36] | – Dad, you and Sherry– – Oh, jeez, I don’t believe this. | – 老爸 你和Sherry – 天呐 真不敢相信 |
[39:39] | Frasier, it’s over. | Frasier 都结束了 |
[39:40] | She’s gone. She’s out of my life. | 她人也走了 与我的生活无关了 |
[39:44] | What the hell’s she doing here? | 她怎么还在这儿 |
[39:46] | Look, she came in to borrow the powder room. | 她就是来借用一下洗手间 |
[39:47] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[39:49] | How’s everything out here? | 这边一切还好吧 |
[39:50] | – Fine. – How’s everything in there? | – 很好 – 里面进展如何 |
[39:52] | Fine, fine. I think I just– I need a few more minutes. | 很好 只要 只要在给我几分钟 |
[39:55] | Were you through with the powder room? | 你用完洗手间了吗 |
[39:56] | Oh, sure, it’s all yours. | 是的 你可以用了 |
[39:58] | Oh, Frasier, take all the time you need. | Frasier 不着急慢慢来 |
[40:01] | – Yes. Thanks. – I’ll entertain your friend. | – 谢谢 – 我和你的朋友聊聊 |
[40:02] | Oh, what? And miss this fabulous sunset? | 什么 怎么能错过这么美好的日落呢 |
[40:07] | Oh, yeah. Look at that. | 是啊 快看呐 |
[40:09] | – Yes. – I forgot how beautiful it is. | – 嗯 – 我都忘记这景色有多美了 |
[40:11] | Yes. So it is. Yeah. | 是的 非常美 |
[40:13] | Oh, right. Here. | 好了 过来 |
[40:16] | To poss– Oh, what am I doing? Here. | 敬无限 我搞什么呢 过来 |
[40:20] | All right, just enjoy yourself. | 好了 好好享受吧 |
[40:22] | Two minutes. No more. | 两分钟 一秒也别多 |
[40:23] | Oh, not you, Leslie. | 不是说你 Leslie |
[40:27] | I don’t know what you think you’re doing, | 我不知道你这是在搞什么 |
[40:29] | but go right back out there and get rid of her. | 但是你给我出去 让她走 |
[40:31] | Dad, I am not trying to torture you. | 爸 我不是在拷问你 |
[40:31] | You’re doing a bad job. | 那你可真没做到 |
[40:33] | All right, listen. I’m a little bit confused about something. | 好了 听着 我还存有疑问 |
[40:36] | Maybe you can help me understand it. | 或者你能帮我解开谜团 |
[40:38] | You say you don’t have any feelings for this woman. | 你说你的感觉和Sherry不一样 |
[40:40] | Well, fine, why is it that the last three months you’ve been happier | 好吧 那为什么过去的三个月 |
[40:42] | than you’ve been since Mom died? | 是你自妈妈去世以来最开心的日子 |
[40:44] | You just leave your mother out of this. | 别扯上你的妈妈 |
[40:46] | I didn’t mean to bring her into it. That’s not what I’m talking about… | 我并不是故意提到她 这不是重点 |
[40:48] | Well, good. | 好了 行了 |
[40:49] | Dad, is that what this is about? Mom? | 爸 这是问题所在吗 因为妈妈 |
[40:52] | – No. All right? – Listen, I’m a psychiatrist– | – 不是 行了吗 – 听着 我是个心理学家 |
[40:54] | I don’t need a psychiatrist, and I don’t need your help. | 我不要什么心理学家 也不需要你的帮助 |
[40:57] | – That is just classic defensiveness. – Would you just drop it? | – 这是典型的心理防卫 – 你能不能别管了 |
[40:59] | – No, I won’t drop it. – I said drop it! | – 我不会撒手不管的 – 我说了让你别管了 |
[41:01] | Listen, Dad, will you–? | 听着 老爸 你会不会 |
[41:05] | Excuse me. Butterfingers. | 不好意思 笨手笨脚打碎了东西 |
[41:07] | Momentito. | 稍等 |
[41:09] | Now listen, Dad, I– | 听好了 老爸 我 |
[41:11] | I do not mean to upset you. | 我不想惹你生气 |
[41:14] | I have a feeling that what you’re going through here is | 我觉得你正在经历的煎熬是 |
[41:16] | feelings of guilt. | 负罪感 |
[41:17] | It’s probably natural to feel that way. | 人很容易产生这样的感觉 |
[41:19] | My God, I understand what you’re going through. | 天呐 我理解你现在的感受了 |
[41:21] | No, you don’t. No, you don’t. You don’t understand at all. | 不 你没有 没有 你根本不理解 |
[41:26] | When you’ve been married for 35 years, | 等到你结婚35年 |
[41:29] | you’d never thought there’d be anybody else. | 从没想过生命中会有其他女人 |
[41:32] | Then one day you hear yourself say, | 但是有一天 你听见自己 |
[41:34] | “L love you,” To another woman. | 对另一个女人说我爱你 |
[41:37] | Well, maybe then you’ll understand what I’m going through. | 或许那时候你才会明白我现在的感受 |
[41:44] | Dad, there was a time back when my first marriage was breaking up. | 老爸 在我第一次婚姻结束之后 |
[41:48] | I was talking to Mom. | 我和妈妈谈过一次 |
[41:50] | She said, “Frasier, you’ve gotta promise you’re not gonna give up.” | 她说 Frasier 绝不能放弃寻找真爱 |
[41:52] | I said, ” Mom, please, the last thing I wanna hear is a bunch of clichés | 我说 妈 我不想听什么陈词滥调 |
[41:55] | about how we’re all put on this Earth to love one another, | 说什么人类生而为爱 |
[41:57] | and how it’s certainly possible for the heart to love more than one person.” | 或者什么一颗心可以容得下两个人 |
[42:01] | I said, “All right, Mom, give me one good reason | 我说 行了 妈 给我一个理由 |
[42:03] | for me to ever let myself fall in love again.” | 让我能重拾爱火 |
[42:06] | She said, “Because I said so, | 她回答 我说能就能 |
[42:08] | and I’m your mother.” | 我是你妈 |
[42:14] | Yeah, it sure doesn’t help reminding me | 是啊 这话完全提醒不了我 |
[42:15] | what a great lady she was. | 她是多棒的一个女人 |
[42:17] | Well, | 那么 |
[42:19] | does it help to remind you that Sherry’s a pretty great lady too? | 这样能提醒你Sherry也是一个好女人吗 |
[42:23] | God, Dad, she makes you happy. | 行了 老爸 她能让你开怀 |
[42:26] | Niles and I would give anything to have what you have. | Niles和我愿意付出一切遇到你现在拥有的 |
[42:30] | Well, not what you have but what you have. | 那个 不是你拥有过的 而是现在有的 |
[42:35] | Yeah, she is a pretty great lady, isn’t she? | 是啊 她是一个好女人 对不 |
[42:39] | I don’t know. She’d probably be better off with some guy | 我不知道 或许一个没有我这样经历的男人 |
[42:42] | who wasn’t going through all this stuff. | 会让她更幸福 |
[42:45] | Well, don’t you think you ought to let her decide that? | 那么 为什么不让她决定这些呢 |
[43:08] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[43:11] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[43:19] | Well, it looks like those two could use a little privacy. | 看来这两位需要一点私人空间了 |
[43:21] | Do you mind if I take you to the restaurant a little early? | 你不介意我早点带你去餐厅吧 |
[43:24] | – I think that’s a good idea. – Okay. | – 好主意 – 好的 |
[43:25] | We can finish up with wine later. I mean– | 这酒可以稍后再喝 我是说 |
[43:27] | Well, not that I mean we’re gonna be coming back here. | 不对 我不是说我们还会回我家 |
[43:30] | Not that I’m averse to that, of course. | 我当然不反对 |
[43:31] | I mean, if you’re in the mood for a nightgown. | 我是说 你要是想睡前来一炮 |
[43:36] | Nightcap. | 来一杯 |
[43:39] | It looks like your dad and his girlfriend are patching things up. | 看来你的爸爸和她的女朋友和好了 |
[43:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[43:43] | Gee, I can’t thank you enough | 你默默等了这么久 |
[43:44] | for being tolerant about the time delay. | 真让我感激不尽 |
[43:46] | – Oh, no problem. – Look, you’d be surprised. | – 哦 没事 – 你一定很奇怪吧 |
[43:49] | I mean, lately women just fly into rages of intolerance | 我觉得 现在的女人对哪怕芝麻大的小事 |
[43:53] | just at the slightest provocation. Well, shall we? | 都没什么忍耐力 我们走吧 |
[43:56] | Wait, Leslie, before you go, I want to say something. | 等一下 Leslie 走之前 我有话对你说 |
[43:59] | Oh, good Lord. Step lively. | 我的神呐 赶紧走 |
[44:02] | Listen, you are a lucky girl | 你是个幸运的女孩 |
[44:03] | to be with someone as sweet as Frasier. | 有Frasier这样贴心的人作伴 |
[44:07] | He just did a real nice thing for his dad and me. | 他刚刚为他爸和我做了件好事 |
[44:10] | Thank you, Sherry. | 谢谢 Sherry |
[44:12] | Off we go. | 我们赶紧走吧 |
[44:13] | We’ll ride down with you. | 我们和你们一道吧 |
[44:15] | We’re going down the street to get a little Chinese. | 我们要出去吃点中餐 |
[44:17] | – Well, why don’t we give you a lift? – No. | – 你们正好搭个便车 – 不用了 |
[44:19] | Don’t you think the walk would do them good? | 你不觉让他们散散步走过去更好吗 |
[44:21] | Oh, no, I think it’s starting to rain. | 不好吧 我觉得快下雨了 |
[44:23] | Come on, you’ll ride with us. | 来吧 我们一起坐车 |
[44:24] | Oh, you are such a doll. | 哦 你真可爱 |
[44:27] | So, Leslie, what do you do? | Leslie 你什么工作 |
[44:28] | Oh, I’m a dermatologist. | 我是个皮肤病医生 |
[44:30] | Good news, Frasier. If you get lucky tonight, | 正好 Frasier 今晚要是能滚床单 |
[44:32] | – she might look at that rash of yours. – Yep. | – 她可以看看你的皮疹 – 是啊 |
[44:36] | – Oh, that reminds me of a great joke. – No! | – 哦 这让我想起一个超棒的笑话 – 不要啊 |
[44:39] | Just hold the elevator for me, will you? | 帮我拦一下电梯好吗 |
[44:42] | Eddie Eddie? | |
[44:48] | Well, you could at least act surprised. | 你至少可以装装惊讶吧 |