时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Well, that’s our show for today. | 今天的节目就到这里了 |
[00:12] | But before we close, I’d like to invite you all to join us here at KACL | 结束之前 我想邀请大家加入我们 |
[00:15] | in wishing a fond farewell to our Happy Chef, Leo Pascale, | 为我们的快乐厨师Leo送行 |
[00:20] | as he bubble-wraps his crepe pan | 他包好了他的可丽饼煎锅 |
[00:23] | and heads south towards sunny Santa Fe. | 要带着南下去阳光明媚的圣达菲了 |
[00:26] | Leo, you stirred us with your passion… | Leo 你的热情打动了我们(搅拌) |
[00:30] | …melted us with your charm, added spice to our lives. | 你的魅力让我们融化 为我们的生活增添了味道 |
[00:34] | Now, as you whisk yourself away… | 现在 你就要匆匆离去(搅拌) |
[00:38] | …let’s not say goodbye, but rather tartare for now. | 与其说再会 我们不如说鞑靼牛排 |
[00:45] | This is Dr. Frasier Crane, KACL 780. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 KACL调频780 |
[00:49] | Well, at least you stopped short of saying, | 还好你没说 |
[00:51] | “I’ll be fricasseeing you.” | “我会一边炖肉一边想你的”啊 |
[00:54] | You ready to go to Leo’s party? | 走吧 去Leo的欢送会吧 |
[00:56] | Oh, dear God, there is nothing I detest | 老天 KACL的欢送会 |
[00:58] | more than a KACL goodbye party. | 真是我最厌恶的东西了 |
[01:00] | They’re all the same. | 每次都一样 |
[01:02] | Twist-top wine and a bunch of people standing around awkwardly, | 喝拧盖的劣质酒 一群人尴尬的站在一起 |
[01:05] | trying to summon up some affection | 试着对根本不熟的人 |
[01:07] | for someone they hardly even know. | 产生点离别的伤感之情 |
[01:08] | It always ends up reeking of insincerity. | 总是假惺惺的 |
[01:10] | What are we gonna do, doc? He’s leaving us. | 我们可咋办啊 医生 他要走了 |
[01:15] | – Bulldog and Leo were tight. – Well, Bulldog certainly is. | – Bulldog跟Leo铁着呢(很小气) – Bulldog确实是 |
[01:19] | I love that guy, man. | 我可喜欢他了 唉 |
[01:22] | He’d give me all his leftovers. | 他每次做节目剩下的吃的都给我 |
[01:24] | I warned Leo, you keep feeding him, he’ll keep coming back. | 我警告过Leo 一喂就没完没了了 |
[01:27] | – Are you going to the party? – No, actually, I think I’m gonna pass. | – 你去欢送会吗 – 不了 我就不去了吧 |
[01:30] | Oh come on. Doc, you gotta at least have a drink, give him a hug. | 不是吧 医生 你起码去喝一杯 给个拥抱啊 |
[01:33] | That is precisely what I’m trying to avoid. | 我最想避免的就是这个 |
[01:35] | Since when did we become a society of huggers? | 我们啥时候变成拥抱型社会了 |
[01:37] | Oh, we hug for everything nowadays. I mean, “Hello.” Hug. | 现在我们干啥都拥抱 “你好” 抱 |
[01:40] | “Congratulations.” Hug. “Nice haircut.” Hug. | “恭喜” 抱 “新发型不错” 抱 |
[01:44] | It’s absurd. | 太奇怪了吧 |
[01:45] | I mean, if we want to express some real emotion for someone, | 我是说 要是想表达对某人的真感情 |
[01:47] | I mean where is there left to go? | 那又该怎么办 |
[01:49] | I’ve had good luck with the storage closet. | 去储藏室约炮呗 |
[01:53] | You know, I think you’re way too uptight about this. | 我觉得你有点反应过激了 |
[01:55] | No, no, no, I see the doc’s point. | 没 没 没 我明白医生的意思 |
[01:57] | We all have different ways of saying goodbye. | 面对离别 我们都有不同的方法嘛 |
[01:59] | Me, I prefer this method. Get out! Come on! I got a show to do. | 我呢 喜欢这样 出去 快 我节目要开始了 |
[02:06] | Well, I think hugging is very healthy. | 我觉得拥抱很健康啊 |
[02:08] | I read somewhere that if you have physical contact | 我记得在哪看过 要是你能定期和他人 |
[02:11] | on a regular basis, it can actually extend your life. | 有身体接触的话 是可以延长寿命的 |
[02:14] | Well, in that case, you should outlive Styrofoam. | 那你肯定比泡沫聚乙烯活的还长 |
[02:22] | – Frasier, you made it. – Well, Leo, you know I wouldn’t miss | – Frasier 你来啦 – Leo 我怎么会错过 |
[02:25] | saying goodbye to you for the world. | 跟你好好道别的机会呢 |
[02:26] | Oh, Leo we’re gonna miss you so much. | Leo 我们都会想你的 |
[02:30] | We sure are. Oh, what the heck. | 当然了 啊 管他呢 |
[02:36] | You have no idea how hard this is for me. | 你是不知道这对我来说有多难 |
[02:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:50] | I must say, Niles, that is a striking tie you’re wearing. | 我必须得说 Niles 你这条领带真不错 |
[02:53] | Thank you. It was a gift from Maris. | 谢谢 是Maris给我的 |
[02:55] | She had it made for me to commemorate the end | 为了纪念那个她得了肥胖恐惧症 |
[02:57] | of that dreadful winter she had her obesity scare. | 的糟糕冬天的结束 |
[02:59] | Oh, yes. | 哦 我想起来了 |
[03:02] | I remember her struggle to lose that holiday pound. | 我记得她那会过年时增了一磅 拼了命要减掉 |
[03:09] | After she’d restored her figure, | 她身材恢复了之后 |
[03:11] | she had Yoshi set fire to a hippopotamus topiary | 就让Yoshi把那个河马形状的园艺灌木烧了 |
[03:14] | she felt had taunted her. | 她觉得那是在讽刺她 |
[03:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[03:16] | Then, as a visual reminder never to let herself go again, | 然后 为了警示自己 |
[03:19] | she had this tie made for me | 她用她肥裤子上的布料 |
[03:20] | out of the legs of her fat pants. Thank you. | 给我做了这条领带 谢谢 |
[03:24] | You know, I would think wearing a tie that Maris gave you | 我觉得戴着Maris送你的领带 |
[03:28] | might make you feel a little bit melancholy. | 多少会让你有点难过吧 |
[03:30] | On the contrary. I have every reason to believe Maris and I | 正相反 我完全有理由相信我俩 |
[03:33] | – may be on the road to reconciliation. – Really? | – 正走在和解的路上 – 是吗 |
[03:35] | – We met for lunch today. – Mm-hm. | – 我们今天一起吃了午饭 – 嗯嗯 |
[03:37] | I told her I couldn’t stand being in separation limbo any more, | 我告诉她我不能再这么悬着分居了 |
[03:40] | and unless she wanted the marriage to end, | 如果她不想离婚 |
[03:42] | – we simply had to get into counseling. – And she agreed? | – 我们就去接受夫妻心理治疗 – 她同意了吗 |
[03:44] | Her exact words were “I’ll think about it,” | 她原话是”我想一想” |
[03:46] | but I saw a twinkle in her eye I have not seen | 但是她的眼睛分明射出了精光 |
[03:50] | since the neighbor children discovered our new electric fence. | 从邻居熊孩子发现我们的电栅栏之后我再没见过了 |
[03:55] | – Congratulations. – Thank you. | – 恭喜啊 – 谢啦 |
[03:58] | The foam is a tad listless today. | 这泡沫打得马马虎虎啊 |
[04:00] | Yes. I can tell without looking they’ve got Chad back on steamer duty. | 是啊 我都不用看就知道 Chad又回来操作蒸机了 |
[04:05] | You are good. | 你太厉害了 |
[04:07] | – Excuse me, Dr. Niles Crane? – I am. | – 打扰了 哪位是Niles Crane医生 – 我是 |
[04:10] | – Here. – Oh. | – 给你的 – 哦 |
[04:13] | Who’s sending me this? | 谁给我的 |
[04:15] | “Notice. Petition… | “通知” |
[04:17] | – …for divorce.” – Sorry, man. Cool tie. | – “离婚协议书” – 抱歉 先生 领带不错 |
[04:23] | – I don’t know what to say. – Oh… It’s all right. | – 我不知道该说什么 – 哦 没事的 |
[04:27] | Would have been nice if we’d given therapy a try, but so be it. | 要是能去心理咨询一下也好 不过算了 |
[04:32] | It’s little consolation, | 虽然这个安慰微不足道 |
[04:33] | but you’re to be applauded for how you’re handling this. | 不过 你处理的很好 |
[04:35] | A lesser man would panic. | 一般人肯定都慌了 |
[04:36] | Oh, wait, wait, wait. I’ll get her back. | 哦 等一下 等一下 我要把她追回来 |
[04:40] | You have too much dignity to let yourself beg. | 你的自尊不容许你做这么掉价的事 |
[04:42] | – Please give me my phone back. Please. – Stop. – Please. – Stop. | – 求你把电话还我 求你了 – 停 – 求你了 – 停 |
[04:45] | Stop. Stop. Stop it! | 停 停 快停下 |
[04:47] | Listen, I know you’re upset now, but remember | 听着 我知道你很难过 但是别忘了 |
[04:49] | why you left Maris in the first place. | 你当初为什么离开她 |
[04:50] | You were tired of groveling. | 因为你受够了卑躬屈膝 |
[04:52] | Yes, but I’m rested now. | 是啊 但是现在我缓过来了 |
[04:57] | Fine. | 行 |
[04:59] | Go ahead and toddle on back to Maris. | 去啊 去把她求回来啊 |
[05:01] | Let her grind you under her boot heel for another 12 years, | 让她把你再踩在脚下12年 |
[05:04] | rob you of whatever self-respect you still retain. | 把你仅存的一点自尊也夺走 |
[05:06] | Then we can have this conversation all over again! | 然后这个情景我们就能再来一遍了 |
[05:10] | – I was unhappy, wasn’t I? – You were miserable. | – 我当时很不开心 对吗 – 你简直糟透了 |
[05:15] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[05:17] | It’s just a lot to take in. | 只是一下子接受不了 |
[05:19] | Twelve years of my life, gone. | 我生命中的12年 就这样没了 |
[05:22] | Oh, don’t think of it as a loss, | 哦 别觉得这是个损失 |
[05:24] | but rather an opportunity for growth. | 这是一次成长的机会 |
[05:27] | – It’s not an ending, it’s– – Frasier. | – 这不是结束 而是 – Frasier |
[05:29] | No offense, but I’m familiar with all the platitudes. | 没别的意思 可这些陈词滥调我都知道 |
[05:31] | I’ve just been served divorce papers. | Marisa刚招待了我一份离婚协议书 |
[05:34] | I need a little time to let it sink in. | 我需要一点时间来消化 |
[05:35] | If you don’t mind, maybe we could not talk about it for a while. | 如果你不介意 我们能先不谈这个吗 |
[05:38] | – Of course. – Hi. Can I get you guys anything? | – 当然 – 嘿 要点些什么吗 |
[05:40] | No, thank you. We’ve already been served. | 不了 谢谢 我们已经被招待过了 |
[05:47] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[05:58] | – Oh, you’re back. – Yeah, I never should have left. | – 哦 你回来了啊 – 是啊 我就不该出去 |
[06:01] | The park was a disaster. | 去公园就是个错误 |
[06:03] | You remember that outfit Mrs. Foster knitted Eddie for Christmas? | 你记得圣诞节Foster夫人给Eddie织的衣服吗 |
[06:07] | Well, I bumped into her in the lobby, | 我在大厅碰到她了 |
[06:08] | and she said she was gonna be going to the park. | 她说她要去公园 |
[06:10] | And I thought it would be rude | 我就想着起码Eddie得穿一回吧 |
[06:12] | if I didn’t at least have him wear it one time, you know? | 不然就太失礼了 |
[06:15] | Eddie, get in here. | Eddie 进来吧 |
[06:25] | Look at the poor guy. He’s humiliated. | 看看可怜的小家伙 丢了大人了 |
[06:29] | And then, of course, she didn’t even show up. | 结果呢 她根本就没去公园 |
[06:31] | But you know who was there? | 但是你知道谁在那吗 |
[06:33] | Duke. And two guys from the old precinct. | 公爵 还有俩以前的同事 |
[06:35] | “Oh Marty, glad to see you’ve got something to do | “哦 Marty 看来你退休之后 |
[06:37] | now that you’re retired.” | 生活很丰富嘛” |
[06:38] | “Hey, Marty, if I buy you some wool, | “Marty 我给你买点线 |
[06:39] | would you knit something for me?” | 也给我来一件呗” |
[06:42] | Well, it could have been worse. | 没事 还不算太坏 |
[06:44] | You could have been wearing the hat she made for you. | 要是你戴了她给你织的配套的帽子 就有得瞧了 |
[06:47] | Oh, dear. | 哦 天呐 |
[06:50] | Would you take that off him? He just looks so pathetic. | 能帮他把这衣服脱下来吗 他太可怜了 |
[06:53] | Oh, come here, you poor little fella. | 哦 过来 小可怜 |
[06:56] | – What’s in the box? – Oh, nothing. | – 盒子里是啥啊 – 哦 没什么 |
[06:58] | Just some old stuff I was taking down to the storage bin. | 就是一些我要放到储藏室去的旧物 |
[07:00] | Great. Why don’t you take this with it. | 太好了 你把这个也拿去吧 |
[07:02] | Yeah, just set that on top. | 好啊 放在上面就好了 |
[07:04] | No, no, it’ll fall off if I do. | 别了 放上面准得掉 |
[07:06] | Hey, this is my stuff. | 嘿 这些都是我的东西 |
[07:09] | – It’s a box of junk. – It’s not junk. | – 是一箱垃圾 – 不是垃圾 |
[07:11] | Oh, rubbish. It’s a bunch of useless gadgets | 哦 别强词夺理了 这根本是一堆你好多年 |
[07:14] | you haven’t used in years. | 没用过的垃圾小玩意 |
[07:15] | Like this remote control to God knows what. Useless. | 像这个鬼知道是什么玩意的遥控器 没用 |
[07:20] | Just like this, whatever it is. | 还有这个 谁知道是啥 |
[07:22] | That’s a Steam Master 2000, like on TV. “Live life wrinkle-free.” | 这是蒸脸器 电视上做过广告的 “享受无皱生活” |
[07:26] | It even comes with an attachment that cooks Chinese vegetables. | 它还附带一个小配件能做中国菜呢 |
[07:32] | That will be Niles. I’m taking him | 是Niles 我跟他吃个午饭 |
[07:34] | to lunch to get his mind off his troubles. | 帮他排解一下烦恼 |
[07:35] | Is that something we shouldn’t talk about? | 我们是不是不该提离婚的事儿 |
[07:37] | No, no reason we shouldn’t talk about it. | 怎么了 我们为什么不能说 |
[07:39] | Dad I’m sorry, I don’t think he’s ready to talk about it, | 抱歉 爸 我觉得他还没准备好 |
[07:40] | so we’re not taking about it. | 所以还是别说了吧 |
[07:42] | Would you mind not talking about it a little less loudly? | 你们能小声一点吗 |
[07:48] | – Niles. – Afternoon, all. | – Niles – 各位下午好 |
[07:50] | – Hello, Dr. Crane. – Hi, Niles. | – 嗨 Crane医生 – 嗨 Niles |
[07:51] | I appreciate your concern, | 我很感激你们的关心 |
[07:52] | but I’m really doing quite well with all of this. | 但我真的调整得不错 |
[07:55] | – Everything’s gonna be fine. – Ah that’s good. | – 都会好起来的 – 那就好 |
[07:58] | I just hope you got a good divorce lawyer. | 我只希望你能找个好点的律师 |
[07:59] | You’ve been married a long time, | 你结婚时间不短了 |
[08:00] | you gotta make sure you get your fair share. | 得确保你分到应得的财产 |
[08:03] | Well, according to the terms of our prenuptial agreement, | 基于我们俩的婚前协定 |
[08:05] | I believe I’m wearing my fair share. | 我想我全部的财产都已经穿在身上了 |
[08:08] | Well, take a tip from your old man. | 听你爸一句话 |
[08:10] | You get over there and take possession of your personal belongings | 你去把你的东西 |
[08:12] | before they box them up and toss them out. | 在被他们打包扔掉之前全都拿回来 |
[08:15] | When will you just admit that this junk belongs in a dustbin? | 你啥时候才能承认那些都是废物 |
[08:18] | You know, I was on a case once where the wife constantly nagged | 我曾经接过一个案件 妻子不断 |
[08:21] | the husband like this. “You never put anything in the garbage. | 跟丈夫唠叨”你啥都不扔 |
[08:23] | Why don’t you put anything in the garbage?” | 你为啥什么都不肯扔到垃圾桶里” |
[08:25] | Well, he should’ve listened to her. | 他应该听她的啊 |
[08:26] | Oh yes, he did. That’s where we found her. | 对 他听了 我们就是在垃圾桶找到她的 |
[08:32] | You know, I think Daphne’s fighting an uphill battle with this project of hers. | 我看Daphne要进行一番艰苦斗争了 |
[08:38] | – What’s that? – It’s a journal. | – 这是啥 – 是一本日记 |
[08:41] | Look at this. | 看这个 |
[08:44] | Isn’t that Mother’s handwriting? | 是妈妈的笔迹吗 |
[08:46] | These must be notes from one of her research projects. | 肯定是她研究项目的笔记 |
[08:51] | “It’s hard to imagine two male siblings | “真是难以想象有比Frasier和Niles |
[08:54] | who could be more different than Frasier and Niles.” | 个性更南辕北辙的兄弟俩了” |
[08:56] | Good heavens, it’s about us. | 老天 说的是咱俩 |
[08:58] | “Though both are highly intelligent, | “他俩都很聪明 |
[09:00] | Frasier is clearly the more dominant of the two, | Frasier显然更有主导性 |
[09:02] | while Niles remains extremely passive.” Fascinating. | 而Niles就太被动了” 不错啊 |
[09:08] | “Frasier never seems to get enough at mealtime. | “Frasier好像永远吃不饱 |
[09:11] | He’s nearly twice the size of Niles, and often, | 他快赶上Niles的两倍大了 还常常 |
[09:13] | when he thinks I’m not looking, steals his brother’s food.” | 在他认为我没看见的时候 偷他弟弟的吃的” |
[09:19] | “What Niles lacks in assertiveness, he makes up for | “Niles很不自信 于是常常 |
[09:23] | in an abnormally fussy grooming regimen.” | 有一些奇怪的繁琐清洁习惯 |
[09:28] | “Frasier is exhibiting clearly antisocial tendencies. | “Frasier有些明显的孤癖倾向 |
[09:31] | In fact, he is extremely uncomfortable with touch, | 其实 他很不喜欢别人碰他 |
[09:34] | seeming to recoil from all human contact.” | 看起来很抗拒任何与他人的接触” |
[09:36] | Where does it say that? | 哪写着了 |
[09:37] | All right, I added “Extremely,” But it’s right there. | 好吧 “很”是我加的 但是就写在这呢 |
[09:42] | Good Lord. | 老天爷 |
[09:44] | This cuts rather close to the bone. | 说中要害了 |
[09:46] | Just yesterday Roz was accusing me of the same thing. | 昨天Roz刚刚因为这事说我来着 |
[09:49] | I always thought it was just an aversion to social hugging, | 我一直以为我只是厌恶礼貌性拥抱 |
[09:53] | but apparently it goes deeper than that. | 可这明显不知这么简单啊 |
[09:55] | You know, maybe this is | 也许我应该好好 |
[09:56] | something I should work on. What do you think? | 研究一下这个 你觉得呢 |
[10:03] | Niles Niles. | |
[10:05] | “April 3rd. Niles remains as docile as ever. | “四月三号 Niles像往常一样温顺 |
[10:09] | He constantly allows himself to be cowed and dominated, | 他始终任由自己被欺负被主导 |
[10:11] | especially by females.” | 尤其是被异性” |
[10:14] | Well, you shouldn’t let that upset you. | 别因为这事难过 |
[10:16] | You’ve broken that pattern. | 你已经打破了这个模式了 |
[10:18] | You could’ve knuckled under | 你本可以低声下气 |
[10:19] | and gone groveling back to Maris, but you didn’t. | 卑躬屈膝的求她回来的 但你没有 |
[10:22] | You know, Niles, I don’t think I’ve ever been more proud of you. | Niles 我真是太为你骄傲了 |
[10:34] | – Oh, Frasier, this is awful. – Well, pardon me for trying. | – 哦 Frasier 简直糟透了 – 抱歉让您不舒服了 |
[10:37] | I am new at it. | 我是初学者好吧 |
[10:39] | No, no, no, you don’t understand. I did go groveling back. | 不是 不是 你没明白 我低声下气了 |
[10:42] | What? | 什么 |
[10:43] | I sent the divorce papers back unsigned, | 我把没签字的离婚协议邮回去了 |
[10:45] | along with a letter begging her to take me back. | 还写了一封信哀求她和好 |
[10:47] | – Oh, Niles, you didn’t. – Of course I did. | – 哦 Niles 你不是吧 – 我真这么干了 |
[10:49] | You read the journal. It’s who I am. | 你也读了日记了 我就是这样的人 |
[10:53] | – Well, how did she respond? – Well, she hasn’t yet. | – 那她怎么说的啊 – 她还什么都没说呢 |
[10:55] | I just messengered it to her this morning. | 我早晨刚寄出去的 |
[10:57] | It’s her spa day. She won’t be home until… | 今天她要去做SPA 会回家比较晚 |
[11:03] | I still have time to get that letter back. | 我有时间去把信拿回来 |
[11:05] | – I’m going with you. – You’re a good brother. | – 我跟你一起去 – 你真是好兄弟 |
[11:07] | This may be my last chance to prove once and for all | 这可能是我最后的机会来 |
[11:10] | that I’m not the sort of man who… | 证明我不是那种 |
[11:12] | Whatever Mother said. | 妈妈说的那种人了 |
[11:13] | Constantly allows himself to | 始终任由自己被欺负被主导 |
[11:14] | be cowed and dominated, especially by females. | 尤其是被异性 |
[11:16] | – I might’ve known you’d memorize it. – I’m sorry. | – 我就知道你得背下来 – 抱歉 |
[11:20] | You’re right, that was harsh. Come here. | 你说的对 我太过分了 来 |
[11:22] | Oh, get away from me. | 哦 离我远点 |
[11:31] | I’m still uneasy about this. What if one of the servants sees us? | 我还是觉得不妥 要是仆人看见咱们了呢 |
[11:34] | Impossible. They always use Maris’ spa day to play hocky. | 不可能 他们都趁她去做SPA的时候去玩曲棍球 |
[11:38] | I just hope she hasn’t changed the locks. | 我就希望她别换锁 |
[11:43] | What do you know? | 你猜怎么的 |
[11:47] | You know, this is sort of exciting. | 我有点激动啊 |
[11:49] | Even as a child, I always fancied I might make a first-rate society cat burglar. | 我从小就想当一个一流的江洋大盗 |
[11:53] | I think I’m right. | 我觉得我确实是那块料 |
[11:54] | Yes. All it takes is stealth, cunning and a key to the door. | 是啊 就是得行动神不知鬼不觉 狡猾 再来把钥匙 |
[12:02] | The letter should be over here | 我估计那封信就在这 |
[12:03] | with the rest of Maris’ unopened mail. | 跟其它没拆的信在一起 |
[12:06] | Yeah, there it is. Let’s go. | 好了 就在这呢 走吧 |
[12:10] | Frasier, look, it’s my puppies. Oh, I’ve missed you. | Frasier 快看 是我的狗狗们 哦 我好想你们啊 |
[12:15] | Hello, Gestalt. Hello, Gerhardt. | 嗨 Gestalt 嗨 Gerhardt |
[12:15] | Gestalt 心理学术语:完形(指整体具有个体所没有的特性) Gerhardt 法国有机化学家 | |
[12:19] | Don’t they look just a bit agitated to you? | 它们看起来好像有点躁动啊 |
[12:21] | Well, that’s because they’re | 那是因为它们看到 |
[12:22] | excited to see the lord has returned to the manor. | 主人回来了所以激动 |
[12:25] | Hello, boys. | 嗨 伙计们 |
[12:28] | Oh, my God. She hasn’t changed the locks, she changed the dogs. | 我天 她没换锁 她把狗换了 |
[12:32] | – Maybe we can make it to the front. – Right. | – 要不我们走前门 – 好 |
[12:48] | – They’re toying with us. – What are we going to do? | – 它们在玩我们 – 我们该怎么办啊 |
[12:51] | Well, I guess we’re just gonna have to wait until Lady Baskerville | 我想我们只好在这等着巴斯克维尔夫人 |
[12:54] | comes back from the spa! | 做完SPA回来了 |
[12:56] | And explain our presence how? | 那怎么解释我们干嘛来了啊 |
[12:59] | Oh, I do see your point. | 哦 我明白你的意思了 |
[13:01] | We have to find some wayto distract those beasts | 我们得找点什么分散这俩怪兽的注意力 |
[13:02] | and make our escape. | 然后趁机逃走 |
[13:07] | Wait. Tuesday is Swedish meatball night for the staff. | 等下 周二是仆人的瑞典肉丸日 |
[13:11] | Cook always keeps them in the refrigerator. | 厨师会把肉丸放在冰箱里 |
[13:13] | No, we can’t feed them raw meat. | 不行 我们不能喂它们生肉啊 |
[13:14] | It’ll stimulate their blood lust. | 会刺激它们嗜血的本性的 |
[13:16] | Listen. One of our old dogs used to be spooked by thunderstorms. | 放心 我们之前的狗被暴风雨吓着了 |
[13:19] | The vet told us half of one of Maris’ green pills | 兽医说吃半片Maris的绿色药片 |
[13:21] | would allow him to sleep safely through the storm. | 就能让他安睡整晚 |
[13:23] | – You get the meat, I’ll get the pills. – Right. Wait. | – 你去拿肉丸 我去拿药 – 好的 等一下 |
[13:26] | What if Maris is out of pills? | 要是Maris的药没了呢 |
[13:31] | – Oh, I see. – Thank you, Frasier, I needed that. | – 哦 我明白了 – 谢谢你 Fraiser 太搞笑了 |
[13:39] | Niles, that’s three meatballs in a row right in the koi pond. | Niles 那仨肉丸全排队进锦鲤池了 |
[13:45] | Stop trying to throw! | 你就接受事实 别扔了 |
[13:48] | Just drop them. You can drop straight, can’t you? | 直接松手 松手让它们掉下来 行不行 |
[13:53] | – Was that a splat or a splash? – A splat! | – 是扁的还是团的啊 – 扁的 |
[13:57] | Do it again. | 再来 |
[13:59] | Excellent, they’re eating it. All right, that’s enough. | 太好了 它们吃了 行了 够了 |
[14:02] | Good boys. Yeah, that’s right. Eat hardy. | 好样的 对 对 再吃点 |
[14:05] | Oh, you missed one. Right over there in the garden by the tulips. | 哦 你剩了一个 就在那边郁金香花圃那 |
[14:09] | Oh, there’s a few more there in the koi pond, next to the… | 哦 还有几个在锦鲤池里 就在 |
[14:12] | …sleeping koi. | 睡美鱼旁边 |
[14:23] | Niles Niles. | |
[14:25] | This painting here in the living room. You’ve always had this? | 客厅里这幅画 一直挂这的吗 |
[14:28] | The one of Maris and me in the garden? Yes. | 是画我和Maris在花园的那幅 对 |
[14:30] | It was commissioned on our third anniversary. | 那是我们结婚三周年纪念的礼物 |
[14:32] | It must be a different painting. | 那肯定不是这幅 |
[14:33] | This is Maris next to a really big tree. | 这幅画的是Maris站在一棵大树旁边 |
[14:35] | No, there’s no tree in that painting. It’s– | 不是 画里没有树 是 |
[14:39] | Oh, my God. | 啊 我天 |
[14:41] | She’s had me completely painted out. | 她把我整个盖住了 |
[14:45] | I don’t think I can take much more of this. | 我真是再也受不了了 |
[14:48] | Well, in that case, I wouldn’t look too closely | 这样的话 还是不要太仔细看 |
[14:50] | at the face of that skunk in the flowerbed. | 那只花圃旁的臭鼬的脸比较好 |
[15:01] | Well, I suppose it’s only fitting | 好吧 也不奇怪 |
[15:04] | that I be commemorated in this household as a laughingstock. | 在这个家里我不过就是个笑柄 |
[15:07] | She’s always run roughshod over me. | 她总是无情的践踏我的尊严 |
[15:10] | Look around. This entire room is a monument to my spinelessness. | 看吧 这整个屋子就是我软弱的证据 |
[15:14] | – How so? – Well… | – 怎么说呢 – 好吧 |
[15:17] | This Dresden shepherdess? | 这个德莱斯顿的牧羊女雕塑 |
[15:18] | A peace offering I made to Maris when I was foolish enough | 是我愚蠢的指出她写的俳句多一个音节 |
[15:21] | to point out an extra syllable in a haiku she’d written. | 而送给她的和好礼物 |
[15:24] | Choose another item. Anything. | 选个别的 什么都行 |
[15:26] | – Oh, that candelabra. – Louis Quatorze. | – 哦 那个大烛台 – Louis Quatorze |
[15:29] | What better way to apologize | 还有什么能比这个更好的 |
[15:31] | for the time I attempted to grow a mustache? | 为我留胡子而道歉呢 |
[15:33] | I think you owe us all a candelabra for that. | 那我觉得你欠我们所有人一个大烛台 |
[15:37] | Niles, look, it seems to be working. The dogs are getting drowsy. | Niles 快看 起作用了 狗有点晕了 |
[15:41] | You know, if just once Maris had given in, in all those years, | 你知道吗 这么多年了 哪怕她服软一次 |
[15:46] | I might think there was hope for our marriage. | 我都觉得我们的婚姻还是有救的 |
[15:48] | But she never budged an inch. | 但她从来不肯妥协哪怕一点点 |
[15:50] | Even on those rare occasions | 即使是那些百年一遇的 |
[15:51] | when I reported back to you that I had prevailed– | 我告诉你我占上风的情况 |
[15:54] | – I knew. – Yeah. | – 我知道 – 是啊 |
[15:56] | I don’t know why I thought I could convince her | 我都不知道我为什么会奢望能劝服她 |
[15:59] | with that couples-therapy idea. | 接受什么夫妻心理治疗 |
[16:04] | Well… | 好吧 |
[16:06] | I’m not going to be her whipping boy anymore. | 我不再是由她随便鞭挞的小男人了 |
[16:08] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[16:10] | I’m signing the divorce papers. | 我要签离婚协议书 |
[16:12] | If she wants to initiate proceedings, let’s proceed. | 如果她想开始离婚程序 那就来吧 |
[16:15] | Niles, you know I’ll support | Niles 你知道我会支持你的 |
[16:17] | any decision you make, but are you sure? | 任何决定 但是你想好了吗 |
[16:21] | Absolutely. | 完全想好了 |
[16:31] | That’s done. | 搞定 |
[16:34] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[16:37] | I will be. | 我会好的 |
[16:40] | Looks like the dogs are asleep. Shall we go? | 狗好像都睡了 我们走吧 |
[16:42] | Oh, I don’t know. You know, | 我不确定啊 也许 |
[16:43] | maybe they’re just playing possum with us. | 它们只是装睡呢 |
[16:45] | Oh, frankly, I don’t care. | 坦白说 我不在乎了 |
[16:48] | After what I’ve just done, | 我刚把离婚协议都签了 |
[16:49] | you think I’m gonna let a couple dogs frighten me? | 你觉得我还能被俩狗吓到吗 |
[16:51] | This is the last time I’m leaving this house. | 这是我最后一次离开这个家 |
[16:53] | I’m going to walk through that door with my head held high. | 我要昂头挺胸走出那扇门 |
[16:56] | Good for you. I’m gonna run like hell out the front door. | 好样的 那我就从前门逃了啊 |
[16:58] | Wait up. | 等等我 |
[17:03] | Now, the beauty of the Hot ‘n’ Foamy | “热泡沫”剃须刀的优点就在于 |
[17:05] | is the ultra-quick heating action. | 它确实热的非常快 |
[17:07] | You just plug it in, and two minutes later, | 插上电 两分钟之后 |
[17:09] | presto. Guess what comes out. | 一眨眼 你猜什么就出来了 |
[17:11] | Well, the obvious answer would be shaving cream, | 显然只能是剃须泡沫啊 |
[17:15] | so I’ll go with music. | 那我就猜音乐好了 |
[17:17] | You had a lot of sassy things to say | 你还老是讽刺我的 |
[17:19] | about my clothes steamer too. | 衣物烘干机 |
[17:20] | But didn’t those snow peas taste delicious? | 但用它烤的那些小雪豆你也没少吃啊 |
[17:25] | – Hello. – Hey. | – 嗨 – 嘿 |
[17:27] | Where did you two slip off to? | 你们俩跑哪去了 |
[17:29] | Oh, I just had some papers to sign. | 哦 我有些文件要签 |
[17:31] | – Thanks. – Yes. | – 谢谢 – 是啊 |
[17:33] | Niles has decided to begin divorce proceedings. | Niles决定开始离婚程序了 |
[17:36] | – I’m sorry, Dr. Crane. – It’s okay. I feel good about it. | – 抱歉 Crane医生 – 没事的 我很好 |
[17:40] | Now, we thought it might be nice | 我们觉得今晚在Chez Shea来个 |
[17:41] | to have a family dinner this evening at Chez Shea, | 家庭聚餐是个不错的主意 |
[17:44] | so we stopped by to invite the two of you to join us. | 所以我们回来来接你们 |
[17:46] | Oh, that would be nice. I’ll just go freshen up. | 哦 太好了 我去收拾一下 |
[17:49] | Yeah, sounds great. And, Niles, I’m proud of you. | 对啊 听着不错 Niles 我为你骄傲 |
[17:52] | I know this isn’t easy, but in the long run, | 我知道这挺难的 但是长远来说 |
[17:54] | I know you’ll be happier. | 我确定你会更快乐的 |
[17:56] | I’m damn sure I will be. | 反正我知道我会更快乐 |
[18:00] | Well, I can’t believe it. It’s really over. | 我真不敢相信 真的都结束了 |
[18:03] | And if you choose, you never have to see Maris again. | 如果你愿意 你今后不用再见Maris了 |
[18:06] | Oh, please. Half the time I couldn’t see her | 得了 即使她就站在我面前 |
[18:08] | when she was standing right in front of me. | 我常常也是视她于无物 |
[18:16] | Oh, my. | 哦 我的老天爷 |
[18:19] | – I can’t breathe. – Niles… | – 我喘不上气了 – Niles |
[18:22] | No, really, I can’t breathe. | 不是 我说真的 我真喘不上来气了 |
[18:23] | Frasier, I signed divorce papers. What was I thinking? | Frasier 我签了离婚协议 我怎么想的啊 |
[18:26] | God, you’re not having second thoughts. | 老天 你不是又反悔了吧 |
[18:27] | I don’t know. When I was caught up in the adrenaline, | 我不知道 我当时被肾上腺素刺激了 |
[18:30] | it all seemed fine, but now in the clear light of day– | 当时看起来没什么事 但是现在我清醒过来了 |
[18:32] | No, no Niles, it’s natural to feel a little shaky, | 不 不 不 有点动摇是肯定的 |
[18:35] | but, believe me, you made the right decision. | 但是 听哥一句劝 你的决定是对的 |
[18:36] | – How do I know that? – Let’s just check | – 怎么能知道是对的 – 让我们看看 |
[18:38] | what prompted us to it. Here. | 这有没有什么提示 在这呢 |
[18:40] | “Niles is incapable of asserting himself, | “Niles 总是不能果断一点 |
[18:43] | especially in front of females.” | 尤其是在女性面前” |
[18:45] | – Keep going. This is helping. – “As I write this, | – 继续 很起作用 – “就在眼下 |
[18:47] | he lies staring out the window, licking himself.” | 他正躺着凝视窗外 舔他自己” |
[18:58] | What? | 什么 |
[19:00] | “He’s become so subservient lately that when he finishes | “他最近特别奴颜婢膝 打扮完自己 |
[19:03] | grooming himself, he often begins licking Frasier.” | 就开始去舔Frasier” |
[19:11] | I have no memory of that. | 我完全不记得了 |
[19:15] | “April 14th, the day I’ve dreaded for weeks. | “4月14号 我怕了很久的日子还是来了 |
[19:19] | Frasier died this morning. | Frasier早晨的时候死了 |
[19:23] | I never would’ve guessed that my heart could ache so | 我从没想过我竟然会为了 |
[19:26] | over the death of my beloved | 我亲爱的实验小鼠 |
[19:27] | lab rat. | 如此心痛 |
[19:30] | My only consolation is the knowledge that I will soon give birth | 我唯一的安慰就是知道我马上 |
[19:34] | to my first child.” | 就要有我第一个宝宝了” |
[19:37] | Frasier Frasier… | |
[19:42] | …do you know what this means? | 你知道这说明什么吗 |
[19:44] | Our mother named us after rodents. | 咱妈用啮齿动物给我们取的名 |
[19:49] | No, it means I have ended my marriage to the woman I love | 不 这说明 我跟我心爱的女人离婚 |
[19:53] | based on the case history of a spineless rat. | 就是因为这个没骨气的老鼠 |
[19:57] | – Oh, my God. – Niles. | – 啊 我的老天爷 – Niles |
[19:58] | Maris has seen the papers. It’s too late to take it back. | Maris已经看过离婚协议了 太晚了 |
[20:01] | – Your reasoning was still sound. – My reasoning? | – 你的理由还是很有说服力啊 – 我的理由 |
[20:03] | My reasoning was based on my mother’s obsession with vermin! | 我的理由是来自我妈对四害的迷恋 |
[20:08] | – What the hell’s going on? – Niles is just a bit distraught. | – 怎么了这是 – Niles有点心烦意乱 |
[20:11] | – Distraught? My life is over! – Niles, don’t talk that way. | – 心烦意乱 我没法活了 – Niles 别这么说 |
[20:14] | My God, man, you’ve got to calm down. | 老天啊 兄弟 你得镇定 |
[20:16] | All right, all right. | 好了 好了 |
[20:17] | I’m gonna splash some cold water on my face. | 我得往脸上喷点凉水 |
[20:19] | – Right. Right. – Is he gonna be all right? | – 对 对 – 他没事吧 |
[20:22] | – I’ve never seen him like this. – Of course he’ll be all right. | – 我从没见过他这样 – 当然 他会没事的 |
[20:25] | Niles, just remember to keep breathing. | Niles 保持呼吸 |
[20:28] | And, trust me, this is not the end! | 相信我 这不是末日 |
[20:30] | Your life is not over. | 你死不了 |
[20:32] | Niles Niles. | |
[20:34] | Niles Niles! | |
[20:39] | Oh, my God. | 啊 老天 |
[20:56] | Dr. Crane, are you all right? | Crane医生 你没事吧 |
[20:59] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[21:02] | Just a little hot… | 就是有点热 |
[21:06] | …and foamy. | 还有泡沫 |
[21:09] | You know what must have happened? | 你们知道发生什么事了吗 |
[21:10] | My Hot ‘n’ Foamy must have exploded. | 我的”热泡沫”剃须刀爆炸了 |
[21:13] | He was a detective, you know. | 他以前可是警探呢 想想吧 |
[21:23] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[21:25] | Hello. | 你好 |
[21:27] | Yes, Maris. | 是我 Maris |
[21:30] | You are? | 真的吗 |
[21:33] | You do? | 你确定 |
[21:35] | You will? That’s wonderful. | 你会吗 那太好了 |
[21:38] | I’ll be right over. Goodbye. | 我马上过去 拜拜 |
[21:41] | The divorce papers were a bluff. | 离婚协议是虚张声势 |
[21:43] | When I signed them, it completely threw her. | 我真签了字的事实把她吓住了 |
[21:45] | She’s willing to go into counseling. | 她现在愿意去做夫妻心理治疗了 |
[21:47] | Niles, I’m so happy for you. | Niles我真替你高兴 |
[21:48] | – Oh, thank you. – Oh, Ni– | – 哦 谢谢 – 啊 Ni |