时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | Do you think Maris and I are meant to be together? | 你觉得Maris和我是不是命中注定要在一起 |
[00:28] | – Oh, what’s this? – I got you a gift. | – 这是啥 – 我送你的礼物 |
[00:31] | – You did? What’s the occasion? – No reason. | – 礼物 为什么 – 没为什么啊 |
[00:34] | You can’t give something for no reason. | 你不能没有原因就送礼物啊 |
[00:36] | – Yes, I can. – No, you can’t. | – 为什么不可以 – 就是不可以 |
[00:37] | – Yes, I can. – No, you can’t. | – 为什么不可以 – 就是不可以 |
[00:39] | You’re starting to take the fun out of this. | 你已经开始破坏气氛了 |
[00:41] | But there’s no reason for this. | 但是总得有点理由啊 |
[00:43] | – Does there have to be a reason? – Yeah. | – 一定要有理由吗 – 对啊 |
[00:45] | – Oh, would you just open it? – Oh, jeez. | – 唉呀 你就赶紧打开吧 – 哦 天呐 |
[00:49] | – I knitted it myself. – Oh, gee… | – 我自己织的 – 哦 天呐 |
[00:52] | You know, I had trouble with the rolled collar. | 我一直织不好立领那里 |
[00:54] | I’m surprised you didn’t hear me cursing from my bedroom. | 你都没听见这几天我在屋里发脾气吗 |
[00:57] | Boy, Daphne, this is really nice. | 天哪 Daphne 真不错 |
[00:59] | I wish I had something to give you. | 要是我有点回礼就好了 |
[01:01] | – We’re back on that again. – All right, all right. | – 你又来了 – 好吧 好吧 |
[01:03] | But at least let me pay you for it. | 至少让我给你点钱吧 |
[01:05] | Pay me for it? It’s a gift. | 付钱 这是我给你的礼物 |
[01:06] | Just a couple bucks for the yarn. | 就付点线钱 |
[01:10] | – Dad, has Niles called? – No. | – 爸 Niles打电话来了吗 – 没 |
[01:12] | God, I’ve been standing out front for 20 minutes. | 老天 我都在外面站着傻等了20分钟了 |
[01:14] | We’re gonna be late for our squash court. | 我们打壁球要迟到了 |
[01:17] | – Nice cardigan. – Daphne surprised me with it. | – 这件针织衫不错 – Daphne给我的惊喜 |
[01:20] | You don’t seem very happy about it. | 你看起来不太高兴啊 |
[01:22] | No, I’m not. I mean, you just don’t give somebody something | 是啊 我不高兴 你不能没有理由 |
[01:24] | for no reason. That’s my rule. | 就送别人东西啊 这是我的原则 |
[01:26] | Dad, spontaneous gift-giving is one of life’s great pleasures. | 爸 意外的礼物 是生活中最珍贵的快乐之一呀 |
[01:29] | Didn’t you give Mom anything without warning? | 你没有送过妈妈这样的礼物吗 |
[01:31] | Yeah, you. | 送过啊 你 |
[01:34] | Where do you think I got the rule from? | 不然你以为我的原则从哪来的 |
[01:37] | Oh, there you are. Come on, Niles, let’s shake a leg. | 哦 你可算来了 快点 Niles 赶快走 |
[01:40] | – We’ll be late for our court time. – Just a minute. | – 我们订的时间快到了 – 稍等 |
[01:42] | Of course I do, Maris. Well, I miss you more. | 当然了 Maris 我更想你 |
[01:46] | – No, I do. No, I do. – Niles. | – 不 是我 不 真的是我 – Niles |
[01:51] | More than Van Cleef would miss Arpels. | 我想你比梵克想念雅宝还多 |
[01:54] | Oh, no, I don’t. | 哦 不 我没有 |
[01:56] | No, you have the prettier laugh. | 不 你笑得更美 |
[01:58] | No, you do. No, you do. | 不 是你 不 是你 |
[02:01] | I’m gonna go walk into the ocean. | 我要去跳个海 |
[02:05] | Oh, no, I would love to meet you for lunch, but you know | 哦 不 我也想跟你吃午饭 |
[02:08] | what Dr. Deutsch said: No meetings outside our therapy sessions. | 可Deutsch医生说过 治疗之外的时间不能见面 |
[02:11] | Oh, now, Maris– Oh, wait, | 那 Maris 稍等 |
[02:13] | hold on a second. It’s my other line. Hello. | 稍等一下 我还有个电话得接 你好 |
[02:16] | Get the hell off the phone. | 快他妈把电话挂了 |
[02:23] | How rude. | 你怎么这么粗鲁 |
[02:25] | Please. You realize it’s also rude to be late for an appointment? | 拜托 你意识到迟到也很粗鲁吗 |
[02:27] | You’re telling me about being late for an appointment? | 你有什么资格控诉我迟到 |
[02:29] | You’re ridiculously tardy. Tardy, tardy. | 你这个不可理喻的慢货 慢死了 |
[02:31] | – No, I think– – Forget it. | – 不是 我觉得 – 算了 |
[02:33] | How dare you hang up on me. | 你竟然敢挂我电话 |
[02:39] | Bunny? | 小兔子 |
[02:41] | Do you mind if we continue this conversation later? | 我们晚点再聊好不好呀 |
[02:43] | Oh, I’ll be counting the minutes too. | 嗯 我也会一分一秒数着的 |
[02:47] | Well, I hope you’re happy. We have now officially lost our court. | 你高兴了吧 现在我们彻底不用去了 |
[02:50] | Well, I’m sorry. | 抱歉啊 |
[02:51] | I would hope that my attempt to salvage my marriage | 只是我私心奢望对你来说 |
[02:53] | would be more important than a squash game. | 拯救我的婚姻比打壁球更重要 |
[02:55] | Of course it is. I was just looking forward to play. | 当然了 我只是很想去打而已 |
[02:57] | I enjoy a morning game of squash more than anyone. | 我比谁都喜欢早晨打壁球 |
[03:00] | – No, I do. – No, I do. | – 不 我更喜欢 – 不 我更喜欢 |
[03:01] | No, no, stop it. | 停 停 快停吧 |
[03:04] | Niles, I would love to see you and Maris reconcile, | Niles 我很高兴看到你和Maris和好 |
[03:07] | if that’s what you want. I’m | 如果这是你想要的 |
[03:08] | just afraid you might be going a bit too quickly. | 我只是担心事情发展得太快了 |
[03:10] | – Would you like some coffee? – Please. | – 要喝点咖啡吗 – 好的 |
[03:12] | Need I remind you last month she served you with divorce papers? | 你不记得她上个月刚给了你离婚协议书了吗 |
[03:15] | I’m aware of that. We’re not rushing into anything. | 我知道 可事情并没有发展得太快 |
[03:17] | We only see each other at therapy. | 我们只在治疗期间见面 |
[03:19] | That reminds me. Yesterday at the cafe, I asked you a question, | 这倒提醒我了 昨天在咖啡馆 我问了你一个问题 |
[03:22] | which you deftly avoided answering. | 结果你驾轻就熟地给避开了 |
[03:24] | Do you think Maris and I are meant to be together? | 你觉得Maris和我是命中注定要在一起吗 |
[03:27] | Right. Well… | 是啊 其实 |
[03:29] | That’s a tough question. | 这个问题很难回答 |
[03:32] | Well you know, perhaps the better question would be, | 也许这么问更合适 |
[03:34] | “Do you think you and Maris are meant to be together?” | “你觉得你和Maris是是命中注定要在一起吗” |
[03:36] | I serve you up a question. You clumsily bat it back to me. | 我扔给你一个问题 你又笨拙地传回来 |
[03:39] | We’ve hardly missed our squash game at all. | 我们也算没错过壁球啊 |
[03:43] | No, no, I’m really interested in your opinion. | 不 不 我真的很想听听你的意见 |
[03:46] | Let’s say you were God. | 比方说 你是上帝 |
[03:47] | Niles, please, I don’t wanna play God. | Niles 行了 我不想当上帝 |
[03:51] | Please. No, just play along. | 别闹 真的 就配合一下嘛 |
[03:55] | Let’s say you are the supreme ruler of heaven and earth. | 假设你是宇宙和地球的主宰 |
[03:58] | – What would you do? – Well, for starters, | – 你会怎么做 – 嗯 首先 |
[04:00] | I’d issue a recall on some of my lesser species. | 我会开始召回一些不重要的物种 |
[04:07] | I– | 我 |
[04:08] | I still want an answer to that question. Hello? | 我还是想知道你的答案 你好 |
[04:12] | What is it, pumpkin? Oh, now, now– Dear, calm down. | 怎么了 小南瓜 别着急 冷静点 亲爱的 |
[04:16] | I’m sure that the banging you hear is just the pipes. | 你听到的敲打声肯定只是管子在作怪 |
[04:18] | If a servant had actually been walled in during the remodeling, | 要是仆人真的在装修的时候被砌进墙里 |
[04:21] | he’d have died weeks ago. | 那他几周前就死了 |
[04:24] | If it will ease your mind at all, | 要是你让Marta给仆人们点个名好了 |
[04:26] | why don’t you have Marta take roll call? | 这样不就放心了 |
[04:28] | – Hold on a second. Hello? – Get out. | – 稍等 你好 – 滚出去 |
[04:38] | Well, this is Dr. Frasier Crane, | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[04:39] | saying goodbye and good mental health. | 祝您心身安康 再见 |
[04:45] | Your brother called. | 你弟弟打电话来了 |
[04:46] | Lord, he must really want an answer to that question. | 老天 他还真是念念不忘那个问题呀 |
[04:49] | No, he wanted to tell you the wine-club meeting was cancelled. | 不是 他想告诉你品酒会取消了 |
[04:51] | – What question? – Yesterday, he asked me straight out | – 什么问题啊 – 昨天他特别直接地问我 |
[04:54] | if I thought he and Maris were meant for each other. | 觉得他和Maris是不是命中注定要在一起 |
[04:56] | – That’s a loaded question. – Yeah, you’re telling me. | – 这个问题好难对付 – 是吧 我就说嘛 |
[04:59] | I don’t even know what my answer is. | 我自己也不知道要怎么回答 |
[05:01] | Why don’t you just play it safe and say yes? | 保险起见 你就说是吧 |
[05:03] | In my experience, when someone asks that question, | 依我看 人们问这个问题 |
[05:06] | they’re not looking for honesty, they’re looking for reassurance. | 不是想听你真正的想法 而是要你附和他的决定 |
[05:08] | – Tell him what he wants to hear. – I don’t know, Roz. | – 告诉他他想听的 – 我不知道啊 Roz |
[05:11] | Trust me, Frasier. It’s like if I ask you, | 信我的 Frasier 就像我问你 |
[05:13] | “Do I look fat in these pants?” | “我穿那条裤子看着胖吗” |
[05:16] | You’re right. There’s only one way to answer that question. | 你说的对 这种问题只有一种答法 |
[05:18] | What? | 什么 |
[05:20] | – Do you think I look fat in these? – No, I don’t. | – 你觉得我穿这条裤子胖吗 – 不胖 |
[05:22] | I work out every. It’s the pleats, | 我每天都健身 这些是褶皱 |
[05:24] | – isn’t it? – Just stop it. Get ahold of yourself. | – 不是吗 – 快停吧 你别添乱了行吗 |
[05:26] | I was thinking about what you had said. I’m gonna tell Niles yes, | 我在想你刚才说的 我要跟他说是 |
[05:29] | I think he and Maris were meant to be together. | 我觉得他俩是命中注定要在一起的 |
[05:33] | Who are you waving to? Is that Elise Edmonds from Promotions? | 你跟谁挥手呢 市场部的Elise Edmonds |
[05:36] | – We got a little date tonight. – A date? And you didn’t tell me? | – 我们今晚要约会 – 约会 你咋不跟我说 |
[05:39] | It’s no big deal. I don’t think she’s interested in me. | 不是什么大事 我都不觉得她对我有兴趣 |
[05:41] | – Hi, Frasier. Hey, Roz. – Hi. | – 嘿 Frasier 嘿 Roz – 嘿 |
[05:43] | I’m sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to make sure. | 抱歉打扰了 我就想确定一下 |
[05:45] | – Am I still seeing you tonight? – Yes, you are. | – 咱们约的是今晚见面 对吧 – 对呀 |
[05:47] | Which means, of course, that I’ll be seeing you as well. | 也就是说 你会见到我 我也会见到你 |
[05:50] | Great. Bye. | 好的 拜 |
[05:53] | Whoa! | 哇 |
[05:56] | That woman is totally into you. | 那女人绝对喜欢你啊 |
[05:58] | – You think so? – Yeah. “I’ll see you later. Great. Bye.” | – 你这么觉得 – 是啊 “一会见 很好 拜” |
[06:04] | – And that’s a good sign? – Hello. | – 这是个好兆头吗 – 清醒一下 |
[06:06] | She might as well have calf-roped you with her pantyhose. | 她这等于是用她穿着紧身裤的小腿勾住你脖子 |
[06:09] | This promises to be a very interesting evening. | 看来今晚会很有趣了 |
[06:11] | – I think so. – Well, she is very attractive. Slender. | – 我想是吧 – 她很漂亮 又苗条 |
[06:15] | Gee, I wonder why your mind went there. | 天 是什么让你想到这了呢 |
[06:17] | – Not this again, Roz. – Of course. She was next to me. | – 你又来了 Roz – 当然了 她就站在我旁边 |
[06:19] | I hate these pants. | 我讨厌这条裤子 |
[06:20] | – I look like the Liberty Bell. – The Liberty Bell– | – 我看起来像自由钟 – 自由钟 |
[06:35] | – Afternoon, Mr. Crane. – Hello. | – 下午好 Crane先生 – 嗨 |
[06:37] | – I’ve got the mail. – Oh, thanks. | – 我把信拿回来了 – 谢谢 |
[06:39] | You wanna just put it on the table there? | 要不你先放桌上 |
[06:43] | Is this for me? | 这是给我的吗 |
[06:44] | You know anybody else | 你觉得这里还有别人 |
[06:45] | around here who uses eucalyptus bubble bath? | 用桉树浴液泡澡吗 |
[06:49] | – Well, your son occasionally likes– – Oh, never mind. | – 你儿子有时候也 – 别提他 |
[06:53] | – This is lovely. – Well, I’m glad you like it, | – 真是太好了 – 很高兴你喜欢它 |
[06:55] | because I picked it all out myself. | 全是我自己挑的 |
[06:57] | You know, I got you your fancy soaps, and your moisturizers, | 我给你买了你爱的高大上香皂 还有乳液 |
[07:01] | and this rock thing that scrapes | 还有这些粗石头 |
[07:03] | all the dead skin off the bottom of your feet. | 可以替你去掉脚底的死皮 |
[07:07] | Well, if you’re gonna nap on the couch, wear slippers. | 要不下次你在沙发上睡觉的时候还是穿个拖鞋吧 |
[07:11] | – Still, Mr. Crane, you really overdid it. – No, I didn’t. | – 你真是太客气了 Crane先生 – 不会啊 |
[07:14] | – I don’t know if I can accept this. – Why not? | – 我觉得我不应该收下 – 为什么不 |
[07:16] | Because you spent far too much. | 因为你买太多了 |
[07:18] | All right. Well, then, I’ll take a couple of things back. | 好吧 那 我拿点回来 |
[07:21] | Wait, not that one. | 等下 这个不行 |
[07:23] | Daphne, would you please just take the damn basket? | Daphne 你就不能干脆点 把这破篮子收下啊 |
[07:26] | What are you getting so cross about? | 你这么火大干嘛啊 |
[07:28] | You can give me a gift, but I’m not allowed to give you one back? | 你给我一个礼物 我就不能给你一个 |
[07:31] | Oh, so that’s the only reason you gave me this? | 哦 所以这就是你送我这些的原因 |
[07:33] | Yeah, that’s the way it works. | 对啊 这种事不都是这样的吗 |
[07:34] | Where I come from, you don’t give someone a gift | 在我们那儿 你不能因为迫不得已 |
[07:37] | because you have to. Here, take your silly basket. | 而送别人礼物 给 把你的蠢篮子拿回去 |
[07:39] | All right, fine. Well, then, | 好啊 行 那么 |
[07:41] | you can take your crappy old cardigan back too. | 你也把你的破针织衫拿回去 |
[07:42] | – Why? – I don’t know why you gave it to me in the first place. | – 为什么啊 – 我不知道你到底为什么送我 |
[07:45] | – Because I like you. – Well, I like you. | – 因为我喜欢你啊 – 我也喜欢你 |
[07:47] | Then why can’t you just accept my gift and be happy? | 那你为什么就不能开心点收下礼物 |
[07:50] | – I am happy. I love that cardigan. – And I love my damn basket. | – 我开心 我喜欢它 – 我也喜欢那个礼包 |
[07:53] | – What is all this? – Oh we’re just exchanging our damn gifts. | – 这是怎么了 – 我们在交换该死的礼物呢 |
[07:56] | Well, here. | 好了 给你 |
[07:58] | – Here. – Thanks. | – 给你 – 谢了 |
[07:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:02] | Good Lord. | 老天爷 |
[08:03] | It’s like Christmas morning in the Gambino household. | 简直跟圣诞节早晨的甘比诺家一样 |
[08:12] | By the way, Niles called | 对了 Niles在你洗澡的时候 |
[08:13] | while you were in the shower to remind you | 打电话来提醒你 |
[08:15] | about the squash tomorrow. | 别忘了明天打壁球 |
[08:17] | That’s strange. We just made that date this morning. | 奇怪 我们早晨才约的啊 他肯定是 |
[08:20] | He is really champing at the bit to get an answer to that question. | 抓住一切机会问我那问题的答案 |
[08:22] | What question? | 什么问题 |
[08:23] | Oh, he asked me if I thought | 哦 他问我我觉得 |
[08:25] | he and Maris were meant to be together. | 他和Maris是不是命中注定要在一起 |
[08:27] | Well, if you ask me, you should keep your bazoo shut. | 要我说的话 你该闭上你的大嘴巴 |
[08:30] | You’re always getting in trouble opening that big bazoo of yours. | 因为那张大嘴 你可是惹了不少麻烦 |
[08:33] | How wonderful, Dad. We found | 真棒 爸 我们继腚和贱之后 |
[08:34] | a new word to strike from your vocabulary, | 又从你的字典里 |
[08:36] | along with patootie and bupkis. | 挖到了一个新词呢 |
[08:41] | You’re gonna answer him, aren’t you? | 你会回答他的对不对 |
[08:43] | I think I have to. But listen, I’m just gonna play it safe. | 我不得不回答啊 我决定保险起见 |
[08:46] | Tell him yes. He’s gonna do what he wants to anyway. | 告诉他是的 反正他会做他想做的 |
[08:48] | I don’t know. He takes your opinion pretty damn seriously. | 不一定 他对你的意见非常地看重 |
[08:50] | Well, when we were younger, there was a certain sway | 小时候 他确实是比较 |
[08:53] | I had over him, but– | 听我的 但是 |
[08:54] | Oh god, do you remember that time back in prep school | 哈 天呐 你记得我俩 |
[08:56] | when he was gonna try out | 在预科学校的时候 |
[08:57] | for the track team? I convinced him all the really cool kids | 他想加入田径队 我劝他说 |
[08:59] | were gonna join the Madrigal Society? | 真正拉风的孩子都加入牧歌小组了 |
[09:03] | I’m not just talking about school. I mean, he’s always coming to you | 我觉得不只是学校的事 他也会经常会就 |
[09:05] | for career decisions too. Where to do his residency, | 工作的事咨询你的意见 在哪里实习 |
[09:08] | where to set up his practice. | 在哪里行医 |
[09:10] | Perhaps I have underestimated my influence. | 也许我的确低估了我对他的影响 |
[09:13] | You know, frankly, my opinion could be | 坦白说 我的意见可能是 |
[09:15] | the single most important factor in his making this decision. | 他做这个决定最重要的因素 |
[09:18] | – I don’t know if I’d go as far as that. – Please, Dad. | – 我觉得不至于那么夸张 – 爸 |
[09:20] | You don’t know what it’s like to have your opinion matter. | 你不知道被别人倚重的感觉 |
[09:26] | Niles depends on me. He deserves my true and honest answer. | Niles依赖我 他应该得到我诚实的答案 |
[09:29] | – And what is that? – Well… | – 那答案是什么呢 – 嗯 |
[09:32] | Maris has always been spoiled and selfish | Maris被惯坏了而且很自私 |
[09:34] | and led him around by the nose. | 还常对他颐指气使 |
[09:36] | I’d have to say my answer would be no. | 我不得不说我的答案是不 |
[09:39] | Thank you, Dad. I’ve changed my answer from a yes to a no. | 谢了 爸 我的答案从是变成了不 |
[09:42] | There you go. | 这才对嘛 |
[09:44] | – On the other hand… – I knew it. | – 但是话说回来 – 我就知道 |
[09:48] | Well, no, you know, there are a lot of other factors here, Dad. | 不是 这里面有很多因素 都得考虑到了 爸 |
[09:51] | Niles does love Maris. | Niles爱Maris |
[09:55] | She has agreed to go into therapy, and Niles swears | 她同意参加夫妻治疗 Niles发誓 |
[09:59] | that she’s a changed person. I– | 她已经变了 我 |
[10:01] | I don’t know. I guess if I really wanna know what’s going on | 我不确定 我猜如果我想知道Maris到底 |
[10:04] | in Maris’ mind, I’ve got to ask her myself. | 是怎么想的话 我得亲自去问她 |
[10:07] | – You agree with that, don’t you, Dad? – Oh, yeah, sure. | – 你说是不是 爸 – 是啊 当然了 |
[10:11] | Well, I’ve got a couple hours before my date. | 约会前我还有几小时空余时间 |
[10:14] | So if I really wanna know what Maris is thinking, | 要是我真想知道Maris怎么想的 |
[10:16] | I will go directly to the source. | 我就要直入虎穴 |
[10:20] | – Are you ready to order? – Well, not quite yet. | – 可以点了吗 – 还不行 |
[10:22] | I’m still waiting on someone. Oh, there she is now. | 我还在等人 哦 她来了 |
[10:29] | Marta Marta. | |
[10:35] | Marta, I can’t tell you how nice it is to see you again. | Marta 能再见到你真是太好了 |
[10:38] | My pleasure. And this coffee is too, too divine. | 我很荣幸 这个咖啡真是太 太美味了 |
[10:43] | I see your English lessons with Maris are progressing nicely. | 看来你跟Maris学英语学得很好嘛 |
[10:46] | Yes. She teaching me many words. | 是啊 她教了我很多词 |
[10:48] | That coat is so declassé. | 那件衣服真是太贻笑大方了 |
[10:53] | Listen, Marta, I’m gonna come right to my point. | 听着Marta 我就直说了 |
[10:57] | Dr. Crane and Maris– Missy Crane. | Crane医生和Maris Crane夫人 |
[11:02] | have been seeing a couples’ therapist lately, | 最近参加了几次心理治疗 |
[11:05] | and I understand it’s going very well. | 我知道治疗很顺利 |
[11:07] | Therapy helping Missy Crane a lot. | 这个治疗帮助Crane夫人改变了很多 |
[11:09] | Really? So you would say that she’s a changed person? | 真的吗 所以你是说她真的变了 |
[11:12] | Si, si. Missy Crane very different, nicer to everyone. | 对 对 Crane夫人很不一样了 对人很好 |
[11:17] | And this time no happy pills. | 而且都不用快乐药丸了 |
[11:22] | For my birthday, she gave me beautiful Chanel makeup bag. | 我生日她送了我一个香奈儿化妆包 |
[11:26] | It’s a knockoff, but it’s big. | 虽然是山寨货 但是可大了 |
[11:30] | Oh, all right then, this is my question: | 哦 不错啊 那么我的问题是 |
[11:33] | If Dr. Crane and Mrs. Crane were to get back together again, | 如果Crane先生和夫人重新在一起 |
[11:37] | do you…? | 你觉得 |
[11:39] | Do you think that Mrs. Crane would treat Dr. Crane better? | 你觉得Crane夫人会对先生好吗 |
[11:44] | Oh, yes. Please ask Dr. Crane to come home. | 会啊 请Crane先生回家来吧 |
[11:48] | Marta, you’ve been most helpful. | Marta 你真是帮我大忙了 |
[11:50] | You know, lately, I’ve been wondering | 最近 我都在想 |
[11:52] | if Niles and Maris ought to be together. | Niles和Maris是不是该和好 |
[11:54] | And now, thanks to you, | 现在 谢谢你 |
[11:55] | I know that the answer to that question is yes. | 我知道那个问题的答案是是的 |
[11:59] | What? Did I say something funny? | 怎么了 我说什么好笑的了吗 |
[12:00] | No, my beeper on vibrate. It tickle me. | 不是的 我的传呼机震动 很痒 |
[12:05] | Sorry. I have to go. Missy Crane need me. | 抱歉 我得走了 Crane夫人需要我 |
[12:07] | – Oh, that’s all right. I understand. – Thanks for cafe. | – 好吧 我理解 – 谢谢你的咖啡 |
[12:11] | Call me. Mean it. | 给我打电话 我说真的 |
[12:14] | Well, there is a limit. | 天 我不至于那么饥渴吧 |
[12:17] | – Hey. – Oh, Daphne. | – 嘿 – 嘿 Daphne |
[12:19] | Was that Mrs. Crane’s Marta who was just leaving? | 刚走的那个是Maris家的Marta吗 |
[12:21] | It was. We were just sharing a coffee. | 是她 我们一起喝了杯咖啡 |
[12:24] | Marta helped allay my fears | Marta解除了我关于Niles |
[12:25] | about Niles and Maris getting back together. | 和Maris要不要和好的担心 |
[12:27] | Yes, I think she’d be glad to see Dr. | 是啊 我想她也希望看到Crane医生 |
[12:28] | Crane back in that household. | 能回到他们家里去 |
[12:30] | – Well I should go get my beans. – Wait, Daphne. What do you mean? | – 我得去拿咖啡豆了 – 等下Daphne 你的意思是 |
[12:33] | Well, I’m sure Dr. Crane acts as a good buffer | 明摆着嘛 Crane医生是Crane夫人和仆人们 |
[12:36] | between Mrs. Crane and the help. | 之间很好的缓冲啊 |
[12:38] | Gee, it never occurred to | 天 我从来没想过 |
[12:39] | me that Marta might have an ulterior motive. | Marta可能有不可告人的动机 |
[12:41] | Who could blame her? Mrs. Crane can be a bit demanding. | 也不能怪她 Crane夫人确实有点事多 |
[12:44] | Well, then, this taints Marta’s entire testimony. | 那 Marta提供的证词就完全不能用了嘛 |
[12:47] | Is it possible she could have lied to me? | 她很有可能对我撒谎了对吧 |
[12:50] | No. With my trained eye, very few things can escape my notice, | 不 没什么可以逃过我的火眼金睛 |
[12:54] | as I’m sure you’ve observed, Daphne. | 我相信你也看出来了 Daphne |
[12:57] | You think that I–? But could she have lied to me? | 你觉得我 但 有没有可能她的确对我撒谎了呢 |
[13:00] | You know, see, this is the predicament I’m in. | 你看 我陷入了一个窘境 |
[13:02] | Every time someone gives me a valid argument, somebody else | 每次有人给我一个令人信服的理由 |
[13:05] | comes along, gives me a perfectly valid counterargument. | 总有人给我一个相反的论据 |
[13:08] | Exact, one minute I think the answer is yes, | 于是 当我刚刚相信答案是对的 |
[13:09] | the next minute I think it’s no. | 可是下一秒我又觉得是错的 |
[13:13] | This is driving me crazy. No, I’ve got to stick with it. | 这搞得我要疯了 不 我该坚持我的观点 |
[13:16] | Niles asked me what I think– That’s it. What I think. | Niles是问我怎么想的 这就对了 我的想法 |
[13:20] | I don’t know what I think right now. | 我现在不知道我是怎么想的了 |
[13:21] | But that’s where I should focus. Don’t you agree? | 但这才是我应该努力搞清楚的 对吧 |
[13:23] | Oh, yes, absolutely. | 对啊 当然了 |
[13:32] | Oh, I’m so glad we’re finally doing this. | 真高兴我们终于约出来了 |
[13:37] | – Oh, yeah, me too. – Is everything all right, Frasier? | – 是啊 我也这么想的 – 你没事吧 Frasier |
[13:40] | Oh, yes, yes, yes. I’m just a little preoccupied. | 是 是 是 只是心里有些事情 |
[13:45] | Stop obsessing. | 别鬼迷心窍了 |
[13:47] | Enjoy the date. | 好好约会 |
[13:55] | Here we are. | 出发 |
[13:58] | So where are we going? | 那么 我们要去哪呢 |
[13:59] | I’ve chosen a little Italian place I know, if that’s all right. | 我选了一个意大利餐厅 你看行吗 |
[14:02] | – I trust your judgment. – Okay. | – 我相信你的判断 – 好的 |
[14:04] | But then, who doesn’t? | 能有谁不信你呢 |
[14:10] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[14:13] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[14:16] | I told myself I wasn’t gonna bring this up to you at night. | 我劝自己今晚别提这件事 |
[14:18] | I don’t really think it’s appropriate for a first date, | 因为第一次约会就这样真的不合适 |
[14:20] | but I haven’t been able to | 但是我真的一整天都想不了 |
[14:21] | think about anything else all day, so here goes. | 别的事情 所以我还是告诉你吧 |
[14:26] | Do you think it’s possible | 你觉得有可能两个人是 |
[14:28] | for two people to be meant for each other? | 命中注定要在一起吗 |
[14:35] | – You’ve thought about that all day? – Yes. | – 你一整天都在想这个 – 是啊 |
[14:39] | – Well, yes, I do. – I do too. | – 是 我信 – 我也相信 |
[14:42] | But how do you know that they’re meant for each other? | 但是你怎么知道他们是命中注定呢 |
[14:46] | Of course, it’s essential that | 当然了 必要的比如 |
[14:47] | they have similar interests, goals in common. | 共同兴趣啊 共同目标啊 |
[14:50] | Don’t forget physical attraction. | 别忘了肉体的吸引 |
[14:51] | Oh, well, that’s a given. Yeah. | 那是不言而喻的 |
[14:54] | But you know, my ex-wife and I had all those things, | 但是呢 我前妻和我这些都有 |
[14:57] | and our marriage was an unmitigated disaster. | 但我们的婚姻仍是一团糟 |
[14:59] | She probably just didn’t appreciate you. | 可能是她不识货 |
[15:02] | No, not entirely. | 不 也不全是 |
[15:05] | Did she listen to your show every day, | 她每天都听你的节目吗 |
[15:07] | sometimes even tape it so she could listen to it in bed at night? | 甚至有时候录下来好睡前听吗 |
[15:11] | I didn’t have a show then. | 我那时还没有节目呢 |
[15:16] | I guess what it comes down to is– What is that special something | 我觉得根本在于 是什么能 |
[15:21] | that makes us cry out, “Yes, we are meant to be together”? | 我们大声疾呼”对 我们就是命中注定的” |
[15:25] | Who knows? All that matters is that we both feel it. | 谁知道呢 重要的是我们都这么想 |
[15:30] | Hmm? | 嗯 |
[15:31] | I would’ve told you months ago how I felt, | 我早该告诉你我怎么想的 |
[15:34] | but I was too insecure. | 但是我太没有安全感了 |
[15:35] | I never dreamed you felt the same way I did. | 我从没想过你会跟我想的一样 |
[15:42] | Frasier, don’t turn shy on me now. What you thinking? | Frasier 别害羞了 你怎么想的呢 |
[15:50] | Elise, I’m– | Elise 我 |
[15:52] | I’m thinking you are quite the practical joker. | 我觉得你真是个开玩笑的好手啊 |
[15:57] | Pretending not to know I was really talking about my brother Niles | 假装不知道我是在说我弟弟Niles |
[16:00] | and his wife. Surely Roz must have told you. | 和他夫人 Roz肯定告诉你了对吧 |
[16:02] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是啊 |
[16:06] | Sense of humor. That’s another | 幽默 这也是非常重要的 |
[16:07] | thing that’s important to have in common. | 共同点之一啊 |
[16:10] | Frasier, I have a headache. | Frasier 我头疼 |
[16:11] | I’m gonna take a rain check on tonight, okay? | 我们改天再约吧 好吗 |
[16:13] | Oh, no, Elise. Listen, please, we can still go out. | 别 别 Elise 别这样 我们可以去的啊 |
[16:15] | Just pretend none of this ever happened. | 就假装什么都没发生 |
[16:17] | – Perfect. – Oh, don’t– Elise, please don’t– | – 行啊 – 别 Elise 拜托 |
[16:25] | I count for the life of me figure out why this decision | 简直要命了 为什么这个决定 |
[16:28] | is causing me so much anxiety. | 会让我这么焦虑 |
[16:34] | There’s just so many things to be considered, you know. | 因为要考虑的因素太多了 |
[16:38] | On one hand, well, | 一方面 好吧 |
[16:39] | perhaps I’m afraid that if Niles and Maris reconcile, | 可能我害怕如果Niles和Maris和好了 |
[16:43] | we may lose the friendship | 那么我们俩在他们分居期间 |
[16:44] | he and I developed during their separation. | 建立的革命友谊会淡化 |
[16:48] | On the other hand, if Maris does take him back, | 另一方面 如果Maris跟他和好了 |
[16:51] | well, then, I won’t have to feel so responsible for him. | 我也就不用总是想着要照顾他 |
[16:56] | Ah, there’s just so much at stake. | 太多因素都扭在这了 |
[16:59] | Oh, not that kind of steak. | 啊 我不是说牛排 |
[17:01] | Stop it. You know, you’re driving me crazy. | 行了 你快把我弄疯了 |
[17:03] | I just can’t think here. | 我在家根本思考不了 |
[17:04] | I’m gonna go take a walk. | 我得出去走走 |
[17:08] | What? Oh, not with you. Go away. | 什么 哦 不 不是跟你 走开 |
[17:12] | Time for your bath. | 你该洗澡了 |
[17:16] | So gullible. | 太好骗了 |
[18:51] | Tell him what he wants to hear. | 告诉他他想听的 |
[18:53] | He takes your opinion pretty seriously. | 他很看重你的意见 |
[18:55] | Missy Crane very different, nicer to everyone. | Crane夫人变了很多 对大家都很好 |
[18:58] | – Bazoo, bazzo shut your bazoo. – Fat, fat, fat, fat. | – 大嘴 大嘴 闭上你的大嘴 – 胖 胖 胖 胖 |
[19:02] | Dr. Crane makes a good buffer. | Crane医生是很好的缓冲 |
[19:26] | – Who’s there? – It’s Frasier. Let me in. | – 谁啊 – Frasier 让我进来 |
[19:36] | – How did you get up here? – The doorman was asleep. | – 你怎么上来的 – 门卫睡了 |
[19:40] | – Well, what a coincidence, so was I. – I’m sorry, Niles. | – 真巧 我也是啊 – 抱歉 Niles |
[19:43] | – I apologize for the late hour. – Well, what’s wrong? | – 抱歉这么晚过来 – 怎么了 |
[19:46] | – You smell of the streets. – Well, I– | – 你身上一股大街上的怪味儿 – 我 |
[19:49] | I’ve been wandering Seattle | 我在西雅图瞎逛 想要 |
[19:50] | in search for an answer to your question. | 找到你的问题的答案 |
[19:52] | I know how crucial my opinion is to you. | 我知道我的答案很重要 |
[19:54] | I didn’t wanna take your question lightly. | 所以我不想随便糊弄你 |
[19:57] | What question? | 什么问题啊 |
[19:59] | You asked me | 你问我 |
[20:01] | if I thought that you and Maris were meant for each other. | 你和Maris是不是命中注定要在一起 |
[20:02] | Oh, right. | 哦 是啊 |
[20:04] | I can’t believe I’ve been to hell and back | 我真不敢相信 我为了这个问题 |
[20:05] | agonizing over this question, and you forgot. | 死去活来的 你竟然给忘了 |
[20:07] | No, no no I didn’t forget. I’m sorry, Frasier, I’m groggy. | 没 没 没 我没忘 抱歉 Frasier 我只是有点迷糊 |
[20:10] | Come in, come in. | 快进来 快进来 |
[20:14] | I’m touched that you’ve given it this much thought. | 你想这么多我很感动 |
[20:18] | – You’re a good brother. – Thank you. | – 你真是好兄弟 – 谢谢 |
[20:20] | So please. | 请讲 |
[20:26] | Well, this… | 这个 |
[20:29] | This is hard for me to say, but… | 我很难开口 但是 |
[20:33] | No. | 不 |
[20:36] | I don’t think you and Maris are meant to be together. | 我并不觉得你和Maris是命中注定的 |
[20:39] | I believe that a marriage should be built on a foundation | 我相信婚姻是应该建立在 |
[20:44] | of friendship and mutual respect. | 友谊和互相尊重之上的 |
[20:46] | With Maris, I fear that | 可是跟Maris在一起 恐怕 |
[20:47] | you’ll never experience those things fully. | 你永远体会不到这种感受的 |
[20:50] | And I question whether you’ll ever be truly happy. | 而且我很怀疑你是否能获得真正的快乐 |
[20:57] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[21:00] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:03] | – You’re hurt, aren’t you? – No, no, I… | – 你很难过 对不对 – 不 不 我 |
[21:06] | I just need some time to process this. | 我只是需要点时间来接受这件事 |
[21:10] | I appreciate your stopping by. It’s just one of those times | 很感谢你过来 只是我现在 |
[21:12] | when I need to be alone. | 需要一个人静一静 |
[21:15] | – Did you just hear a bell? – No. | – 你听到铃声了吗 – 没啊 |
[21:17] | Why don’t you come on, go home, get some rest… | 你要不先回家 休息休息 |
[21:22] | – There it is again. – No, I don’t think so. | – 又来了 – 没啊 我没听见 |
[21:24] | Wait a minute. | 等下 |
[21:27] | Niles Oh, Niles… | |
[21:29] | Maris is here, isn’t she? How could you? | Maris在这 是不是 你怎么能这样 |
[21:31] | Well, she offered, and I said yes. | 她提出来的 我就说好啊 |
[21:34] | How could you do this without waiting for my opinion? | 你怎么能不问我的意见就这么做 |
[21:37] | Well, someone certainly has a high opinion of his opinion. | 看来某些人很看重他的意见啊 |
[21:40] | Why don’t you just go run back to her | 你还是在她扭断手腕前 |
[21:42] | before she sprains her wrist? | 快点跑回去吧 |
[21:44] | Oh, no– Frasier. | 别 Frasier |
[21:45] | Frasier. I know what you’re thinking, but you’re wrong. | Frasier我知道你怎么想的 但是你错了 |
[21:47] | Maris has changed. | Maris变了 |
[21:50] | She now understands that she cannot control me. | 她现在知道了她不能控制我 |
[21:52] | I am my own man. | 我只属于我自己 |
[21:55] | I don’t actually respond to that. | 我不会理会那铃声的 |
[21:56] | It’s a little joke we have between us. | 这只是我们之间的小玩笑 |
[21:59] | Okay, that means business. | 好吧 这回是正事了 |