时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | Oh, Roz, ah, listen, | Roz 听我说 |
[00:12] | I managed to get some reservations to San Gennaro’s tonight. | 我在圣热内罗酒店预订了今晚的座位 |
[00:14] | Thought we’d go celebrate your birthday. | 去庆祝你的生日 |
[00:17] | Oh, that is so sweet, | 你真是太贴心了 |
[00:18] | but I have a date with that waiter we met at lunch yesterday. | 但我要和咱们昨天中饭的服务生约会 |
[00:22] | You’re going out with that guy? | 你要和那家伙出去吗 |
[00:23] | I didn’t have enough for a tip. | 我当时没钱给小费 |
[00:24] | Look, keep in mind the service wasn’t that good. | 好吧 但记住他的服务没那么好 |
[00:29] | Well, the reservation won’t go to waste. | 预订可不能浪费 |
[00:30] | I can always take Niles. | Niles是我坚强的后盾 |
[00:31] | Niles? Again? | Niles 又一次 |
[00:33] | You know, your entire social life | 你的整个社交生活 |
[00:34] | consists of going out with your brother. | 被你弟弟占据了 |
[00:37] | Don’t you think you’re getting into kind of a rut? | 你没感觉有点单调吗 |
[00:39] | You’re still young. | 你还年轻 |
[00:41] | You need to go out and get drunk, | 你需要出去醉一场 |
[00:43] | wake up in a stranger’s bed, | 在陌生人的床上醒来 |
[00:45] | not even remember how you got there. | 甚至不记得是怎么到那儿的 |
[00:46] | In other words, exchange my rut for yours. | 换句话说 把我的单调换成你的 |
[00:49] | Well, do what you want, but you know what, | 随你怎么着 你猜怎么的 |
[00:51] | you could shake up your life every once in a while. | 你该偶尔改变一下你的生活 |
[00:54] | Do something spur of the moment. | 做些心血来潮的事 |
[00:55] | Once, I finished work on a Friday | 有一次 我周五下班 |
[00:57] | and hopped a plane to Acapulco, | 直接上了一架去阿卡普尔科的飞机 |
[00:59] | and I didn’t pack anything but my toothbrush. | 除了牙刷我什么都没带 |
[01:01] | Oh, yes, yes, I dimly recall | 对 对 我有点印象 |
[01:02] | you calling in sick one Monday morning | 你周一早上打电话来请病假 |
[01:04] | with a mariachi band in the background. | 背景音乐是墨西哥流浪乐队 |
[01:07] | Well, I was sick. | 我确实病了 |
[01:08] | Uh-huh. | 嗯哼 |
[01:15] | Hey, Dr. Crane. | 嗨 Crane博士 |
[01:16] | Daphne Daphne. | |
[01:17] | I’m glad you’re here. My zip’s stuck. | 还好你来了 我的拉链卡住了 |
[01:22] | Well… | 好吧 |
[01:27] | …good thing I got here when I did. | 还好我准时到了 |
[01:30] | Don’t be afraid to grab hold and give it all you’ve got. | 别害怕 尽管抓点东西 尽你所能 |
[01:34] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:37] | Yeah, sometimes pulling it down a bit helps. | 往下拉点可能有用 |
[01:41] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:48] | Oh, dear. | 哎呀 |
[01:49] | I’ve zipped my tie into your dress. | 我的领带卡进拉链里了 |
[01:54] | It won’t come loose. | 松不了了 |
[01:54] | Oh, let me see. | 让我看看 |
[01:55] | – Well… – Oh… | – 额 – 哦 |
[01:58] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:59] | – It is stuck, isn’t it? – Yes, strange. | – 卡进去了是吗 – 是的 真奇怪 |
[02:01] | Oh, maybe some liquid soap from the powder room | 也许卫生间里的洗手液 |
[02:02] | – will help loosen it up. – Alright, yeah. | – 能帮助松松 – 好吧 也许 |
[02:17] | Niles Niles… | |
[02:18] | …there’s something on your tie. | 你领带上有东西 |
[02:23] | Dr. Crane was helping me with my dress, | Crane博士帮我弄裙子 |
[02:25] | and now he’s caught. | 结果把自己卡住了 |
[02:26] | Yes, he is. | 是啊 确实 |
[02:28] | – Here, allow me. – Be careful. | – 来吧 让我来 – 小心 |
[02:30] | There. All right. Now. | 行了 好了 拉上了 |
[02:32] | – There we go. – Thank you. Oh, what a relief. | – 好了 – 谢谢 终于解脱了 |
[02:35] | I was just about to step right out of this dress | 我正打算从裙子里跳出来 |
[02:36] | and embarrass poor Dr. Crane to death. | 让可怜的Crane博士尴尬死呢 |
[02:41] | Well, we all have to die of something. | 人总有一死嘛 |
[02:47] | Oh, Niles, I managed to score some reservations tonight at San Gennaro. | Niles 我在圣热内罗酒店预订了今晚的座位 |
[02:50] | You up for a little Italian? | 你打算吃点意大利菜吗 |
[02:51] | Actually, I’m going out with Maris. | 事实上 我要和Maris出去 |
[02:53] | So I guess you could say I’m up for a little Episcopalian. | 所以你可以说我打算吃点主教菜 |
[02:56] | That’s good. | 说的不错 |
[02:58] | – Like some sherry? – Yes, thank you. | – 来点雪莉酒吗 – 好的 谢谢 |
[03:00] | So, it seems your counseling sessions must be going very well. | 看来你们的婚姻咨询进行得非常好 |
[03:03] | They are. | 确实是 |
[03:04] | So tonight we thought it would be a kick | 所以 我们认为今晚 |
[03:06] | to recreate our very first date. | 重温初次约会应该很有趣 |
[03:08] | Oh, that’s sweet. | 真好 |
[03:10] | Hey, Dad. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[03:11] | In fact, that day, my car was in the shop, | 事实上 那天我的车在店里 |
[03:14] | so I’m here to borrow Dad’s car just like I did back then. | 所以我和从前一样 来这跟爸爸借车 |
[03:16] | Just saying that makes me feel so young. | 单单这么说就让我感觉年轻不少 |
[03:18] | “Gee, Dad, can I borrow the car?” | “爸爸 能把你的车借给我吗” |
[03:21] | You did that twice on the phone, | 你已经在电话上说过两次了 |
[03:23] | and I didn’t find it cute then. | 我没觉得有多可爱 |
[03:25] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | – 给你 – 谢谢 |
[03:29] | I just can’t picture Maris in Dad’s ’82 Impala. | 我无法想象Maris坐在爸爸82年产的黑斑羚里 |
[03:32] | Neither could she at first. | 她最初也无法想象 |
[03:34] | I’ll never forget the look of wonder on her face | 我永远无法忘记她第一次摸乙烯基时 |
[03:36] | at touching vinyl for the first time. | 脸上的惊愕 |
[03:37] | Ah. | 啊 |
[03:39] | She said it made her feel cheap and dirty. | 她说这让她感觉廉价和肮脏 |
[03:42] | And she liked it. | 但她很喜欢 |
[03:45] | I was her first bad boy. | 我是她的第一个坏男孩 |
[03:47] | Uh-huh. | 啊哈 |
[03:50] | Yes, I remember the way you used to carry her inhaler around | 是的 我记得你过去常常把她的吸入器 |
[03:52] | rolled up in the sleeve of your T-shirt. | 裹在你T恤的袖子里随身带着 |
[03:59] | Well, how about you two? | 你俩有时间吗 |
[04:01] | You guys wanna join me for dinner tonight? | 你俩今晚想和我一起吃饭吗 |
[04:02] | Oh, sorry. Sherry’s cooking me dinner tonight. | 抱歉 Sherry今晚要给我做饭 |
[04:04] | And I have a date with Greg. | 我要和Greg约会 |
[04:06] | Greg? I don’t believe I’ve met him yet. | Greg 我觉得我没见过他 |
[04:07] | I have. He’s gorgeous. | 我见过 非常帅 |
[04:11] | Well, he is. | 确实帅 |
[04:14] | Certainly the best-looking man I’ve ever been out with. | 绝对是我约会过最帅的男人 |
[04:16] | Of course, he doesn’t have a thought in that pretty little head of his. | 当然 他那漂亮的小脑袋瓜里没什么思想 |
[04:20] | Oh, this could be the one. | 他可能就是我的那个人了 |
[04:24] | Well, you know, Frasier, | 那个 Frasier |
[04:25] | maybe I can have Sherry cook for me some other time. | 也许我可以让Sherry改天再给我做饭 |
[04:27] | Oh, no need to put yourself out on my account, Dad. | 没必要给你添麻烦 爸爸 |
[04:29] | Oh, Dad, did you happen to check this message? | 爸爸 你听这条留言了吗 |
[04:33] | No, I don’t touch that thing. | 没有 我从不碰那东西 |
[04:35] | Hi, it’s Laura. | 嗨 我是Laura |
[04:36] | We’re getting an extra day of rehearsal, | 我们要多排练一天 |
[04:38] | so I’m coming in tonight nstead of tomorrow. | 所以 我今晚来 不是明天了 |
[04:40] | American, flight 11, 10:30. | 美国航空 11号航班 10点30 |
[04:42] | Can’t wait. | 等不及见你了 |
[04:43] | Bye. | 再见 |
[04:44] | Great news. Laura’s in town. | 好消息 Laura来城里了 |
[04:46] | Who’s Laura? | 谁是Laura |
[04:48] | Stranger who called my machine by mistake. | 打错电话的陌生人 |
[04:57] | – Here it is, table for two, Dr. Frasier Crane. – Ah. | – 找到了 两位 Frasier Crane医生 – 啊 |
[05:00] | – From the radio, yes? – Yes. | – 电台那位 是吗 – 是的 |
[05:03] | Oh, you know, actually my date cancelled, | 你看 我的约会其实取消了 |
[05:05] | so it’ll just be me. | 只有我了 |
[05:06] | I see, sir. | 我懂了 先生 |
[05:08] | Table for one. | 一位 |
[05:12] | Well, there is no need to lower your voice. | 没必要降低你的声调 |
[05:16] | I’m not ashamed to dine alone. | 我并不为自己吃晚饭而难为情 |
[05:18] | Perhaps, as a man of some celebrity, | 也许 作为一个有点名气的男人 |
[05:19] | I can serve as a symbol to others who | 我象征了那些 |
[05:21] | might otherwise be afraid to do so. | 害怕这样做的人 |
[05:23] | I mean, really, in some cases | 说真的 有时候 |
[05:24] | it’s actually preferable to sit and dine alone | 自己吃晚饭 |
[05:26] | rather than listen to someone too much in love with his own voice | 总好过听某些过分热爱自己的声音的人 |
[05:29] | prattle on endlessly. | 无止境地胡扯 |
[05:32] | Well, you’ve convinced me, sir. | 你说服了我 先生 |
[05:35] | I’ll see if your table’s ready. | 我去看一下桌子是否准备好了 |
[05:39] | Dr. Crane, your table for one is ready. | Crane医生 您一位的桌子准备好了 |
[05:47] | Ah…Listen, is it possible for me… | 我能否 |
[05:50] | …to have a table elsewhere? | 坐别的桌子 |
[05:52] | I mean, I feel just a bit conspicuous right here. | 我是说 我坐在这有点显眼 |
[05:55] | I’m very sorry, sir, | 非常抱歉 先生 |
[05:56] | but they’re all reserved. | 别的桌子都预订出去了 |
[05:58] | But don’t worry, most of our patrons only have eyes for each other. | 别担心 我们大部分顾客眼中都只有彼此 |
[06:01] | Yeah…Very well. | 好吧 |
[06:12] | I’m so sorry, sir. | 很抱歉 先生 |
[06:13] | It’s perfectly all right. | 完全没关系 |
[06:16] | Just because I’m alone doesn’t mean I’m lonely. | 我独自一人不代表我孤独 |
[06:18] | Perhaps I could have a glass of your, your house Cabernet. | 给我来杯你们店的解百纳吧 |
[06:21] | Very good, sir. | 好的 先生 |
[06:36] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[06:37] | Hello. What’s your name? | 你好 你叫什么 |
[06:40] | Johnny Johnny. | |
[06:41] | How come nobody’s sitting with you? | 为什么没人和你一起坐 |
[06:46] | Well, that’s a, that’s a bit… | 这 有点 |
[06:48] | …complicated, Johnny. | 复杂 Johnny |
[06:50] | My mom and dad said it’s okay if you come sit with us. | 我妈妈和爸爸说 你可以过来和我们一起坐 |
[06:52] | Well, that’s a very, very sweet offer. | 这个提议真的非常贴心 |
[06:55] | Look, I know it’s hard for a young boy to understand, | 我知道你这样的小男孩很难理解 |
[06:58] | but, you know, | 但是 你知道 |
[06:59] | really there’s nothing wrong with someone eating by himself. | 自己一个人吃饭没什么不对 |
[07:03] | You know, one time I was really bad at school, | 你知道 有一天我在学校表现非常差 |
[07:05] | and the teacher made me eat lunch all by myself. | 老师就让我自己吃午饭 |
[07:08] | Oh, I’ll bet that gave you an opportunity | 我打赌那一定给了你一个机会 |
[07:10] | to think about your actions, didn’t it? | 反省自己 对吗 |
[07:11] | No, I just cried. | 没有 我只是大哭了一场 |
[07:16] | Run along, Johnny. | 回去吧 Johnny |
[07:21] | – Your glass of Cabernet, sir. – Oh, thank you. | – 您的解百纳 – 谢谢 |
[07:23] | Oh, and I see your candle has gone out. | 您的蜡烛熄了 |
[07:26] | Enrico Enrico! | |
[07:27] | Please, stop, stop, stop. | 请你 停下 别这样 |
[07:34] | Tonight, I prefer to just dine in the shadows, thank you. | 今晚 我愿在阴影中就餐 谢谢 |
[07:52] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[07:54] | Are you here by yourself? | 请问您是一个人吗 |
[07:55] | As a matter of fact, I am, yes. | 事实上 是的 |
[07:57] | I was hoping you’d say that. | 真高兴您这么说 |
[07:59] | – Would you mind if I…? – Oh, good Lord, yes. | – 您介意我 – 天哪 当然 |
[08:01] | I’ve been sitting here actually hoping someone would… | 我坐在这一直希望能有人 |
[08:05] | …make good use of that chair. | 充分利用那张椅子 |
[08:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:09] | – Ah! – Oh, God! – Yes! | – 啊 – 天哪 – 我愿意 |
[08:10] | Of course I’ll marry you! | 我当然愿意嫁给你 |
[08:14] | Sorry for the commotion, folks. | 各位 对刚才的骚扰 我很抱歉 |
[08:16] | Oh, gosh, is that our fault? | 天哪 这是我们的错吗 |
[08:17] | Listen, let me pay for the dry cleaning. | 让我来付干洗钱 |
[08:19] | No, no, no. Not to worry. Not to worry. | 不 不 不 不用担心 不用担心 |
[08:21] | Congratulations, you two. | 恭喜你俩 |
[08:22] | Here’s to young love. | 敬年轻的爱 |
[08:25] | Well, as long as we’re all sharing good news, | 既然我们都在分享好消息 |
[08:29] | my wife just told me that we’re having twins. | 我妻子刚告诉我 我们要有双胞胎了 |
[08:36] | Now that I’ve already interrupted all of your meals, | 既然我已经打断了各位就餐 |
[08:38] | I, I’d just like to share my joy with everyone here. | 我 我想和在座每一位分享喜悦 |
[08:42] | To Amanda, my future bride. | 敬Amanda 我未来的新娘 |
[08:45] | I will love you every day of my life. | 我生命的每一天都会继续爱你 |
[08:48] | And I hope that when we die, | 我希望我们的死亡 |
[08:50] | it’s at the exact same moment | 会在同一时刻 |
[08:52] | so that neither one of us will ever have to | 这样 我们俩人中的任何一个都不必 |
[08:53] | spend even one second alone again. | 再忍受哪怕一秒的孤独 |
[08:55] | Oh. | 哦 |
[09:18] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[09:21] | Johnny said I could eat with you. | Johnny说我能和你们一起吃 |
[09:36] | Hey, Fras, how was your dinner? | 嘿 Fras 晚饭吃的怎么样 |
[09:38] | Not since Quasimodo strolled the streets of medieval Paris | 自从卡西莫多在中世纪的巴黎街头漫步后 |
[09:41] | have so many people uttered the phrase, | 还没有这么多人说出这句话 |
[09:44] | “That poor man.” | “那个可怜人” |
[09:48] | I’m sure it wasn’t as bad as all that. | 我肯定并不是那么糟糕 |
[09:50] | Oh. | 哦 |
[09:53] | Oh, dear. | 哎呀 |
[09:54] | The highlight of the evening came | 整晚的高潮出现在 |
[09:55] | when the entire staff of waiters delivered the birthday cake | 当餐厅侍者把我给Roz订的 |
[10:00] | that I had ordered for Roz and neglected to cancel. | 又忘了取消的生日蛋糕送出来时 |
[10:08] | They sang to me. | 他们给我唱了生日歌 |
[10:10] | It’s not your birthday. | 今天不是你的生日啊 |
[10:12] | Staying right up with the story as usual, Dad. | 你和平常一样紧跟故事节奏啊 爸爸 |
[10:16] | Anyway, after dinner I took a long stroll. | 总之 晚饭后 我散步了很长时间 |
[10:21] | It suddenly struck me: | 我忽然意识到 |
[10:23] | I’m single. | 我单身 |
[10:25] | You know, I had gotten accustomed to thinking of | 我下意识以为 |
[10:27] | myself as recently divorced, | 自己刚刚离婚 |
[10:29] | but that was five years ago. | 而那其实已经是五年前的事了 |
[10:32] | I’m 43, and I’m alone. | 我43岁 孑然一身 |
[10:36] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[10:37] | I got something that’ll cheer you up. | 我有能让你振作起来的东西 |
[10:39] | I brought you some of Sherry’s mock apple pie. | 我给你带了点Sherry的仿制苹果派 |
[10:44] | It’s called mock | 说它仿制 |
[10:45] | because they use crackers instead of apples. | 是因为没加苹果 而用了饼干 |
[10:49] | Good. | 很好 |
[10:50] | Nothing spoils an apple pie like apples. | 苹果最能毁一份苹果派了 |
[10:56] | – Niles – Frasier – Oh, Niles. – Frasier. | |
[10:57] | Oh, what happened? | 发生了什么 |
[10:58] | Oh, no, let me guess. | 别说 让我猜猜 |
[10:59] | Robust color, fruity bouquet. | 浓烈的颜色 果味的酒香 |
[11:02] | I’d say that’s an amusing little merlot. | 我认为是引人发笑的梅洛酒 |
[11:04] | – Cabernet. – Well, it’s still amusing. | – 解百纳 – 好吧 仍然引人发笑 |
[11:08] | So did you and Mrs. Crane enjoy recreating your first date? | 你和Crane太太重温了初次约会吗 |
[11:11] | Oh, yes. My Maris remembered details that I’d forgotten. | 是的 我的Maris想起了一些我都忘了的细节 |
[11:15] | For example, when I brought her home after the restaurant, | 比如说 我们吃完饭后我送她回家 |
[11:17] | we took a stroll around the grounds. | 我们在庭院附近散了会步 |
[11:19] | Suddenly, Marta appeared on the balcony | 忽然Marta出现在了阳台上 |
[11:21] | playing the part of Maris’ late father. | 假扮Maris的继父 |
[11:24] | She was liquored up on Rob Roys, | 她喝了很多罗布罗伊鸡尾酒 |
[11:26] | and firing Swedish meatballs at me from an antique blunderbuss. | 用一个古董短枪朝我射瑞士肉丸 |
[11:33] | Dad, am I the only one in this household that checks this machine? | 爸 我是这间屋子里唯一听留言的人吗 |
[11:37] | Hi, Molly. Laura again. | 嗨 Molly 还是Laura |
[11:39] | Again. | 还是 |
[11:41] | Is that Tom on the machine? | 电话上是Tom吗 |
[11:42] | He sounds nice. | 他听上去不错 |
[11:43] | Anyway, I just called to remind you I’ll have my cello with me. | 总之 我打来提醒你 我带了大提琴 |
[11:47] | Translation, you might wanna clean out your car this time | 也就是说 你这次该打扫干净你的车 |
[11:50] | to make room. | 好腾出空间 |
[11:51] | I know, toujours la grande soeur. | 我知道 我是你永远的大姐姐 |
[11:53] | Anyway, I can’t wait to see you guys. | 总之 等不及见你们了 |
[11:55] | I’ve been on my own way too much lately. | 我最近总是自己一个人 |
[11:57] | See you at 10:30, flight 11. | 10点30 11号航班见 |
[12:00] | Love you. Bye. | 我爱你 拜 |
[12:03] | It’s too bad there’s no way to call her back. | 不能给她打回去真是太糟糕了 |
[12:05] | She’s gonna be stranded at the airport. | 她会被困在机场的 |
[12:07] | Oh, don’t worry. She’ll take a cab. | 别担心 她会打车的 |
[12:09] | You know, that happens a lot, | 这事经常发生 |
[12:10] | people leaving wrong messages. | 人们留错言 |
[12:12] | After hearing a stranger’s voice like that, | 在听过一个像这样的陌生人的声音后 |
[12:14] | it always starts me wondering what they must be like. | 总让我想知道他们长什么样 |
[12:16] | You can’t judge what a person’s like just from a voice. | 你不能只通过声音就判断一个人的长相 |
[12:19] | That’s true. I was once told that I sounded, | 是真的 有次别人告诉我 我听上去 |
[12:21] | imagine the impertinence, uptight. | 想象出来的无礼 紧张 |
[12:29] | And me, you’d picture some cranky old geezer. | 而你可能想象我是个古怪的老家伙 |
[12:34] | I’ve lost track of what point we’re making. | 我有点忘了我们在说什么了 |
[12:38] | Well, she sounds to me like a very interesting woman. | 对我来说 她听上去像是个非常有意思的女人 |
[12:41] | – Intelligent. – She speaks French. | – 聪慧 – 她会说法语 |
[12:43] | Yeah. I always loved the name Laura. | 是啊 我一直很喜欢Laura这个名字 |
[12:46] | Hey, Frasier, you know that was gonna be your name | 嗨 Frasier 如果你是女孩的话 |
[12:48] | if you were a girl. | 这就是你的名字了 |
[12:49] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 是啊 |
[12:50] | Your mother always wanted Priscilla, | 你妈妈总想取Priscilla |
[12:51] | but I never like the nickname Prissy. | 但我从没喜欢过这个名字的昵称Prissy |
[12:53] | I never much cared for it either. | 我也没喜欢过 |
[13:03] | You know, Dr. Crane, | 你瞧 Crane医生 |
[13:04] | this Laura sounds like she might just be a perfect match for you. | 这位Laura听上去好像跟你是绝配 |
[13:08] | If you left now, | 如果你现在走 |
[13:09] | you could meet that plane. | 应该能赶上飞机 |
[13:10] | Honestly, Daphne. | 老实说 Daphne |
[13:11] | A couple of phone calls, you’re fixing us up already. | 几通电话 你就把我们的归宿都安顿好了 |
[13:13] | Well, think about it. | 好好想想 |
[13:15] | She plays the cello. You’d like that. | 她演奏大提琴 你喜欢听 |
[13:18] | – She appreciates neatness. – Yeah. | – 她注重整洁 – 是的 |
[13:20] | She expresses affection easily. That’s good. | 她能轻松地表达爱意 这很好 |
[13:26] | Well, pardon me for growing a little, okay? | 原谅我变感性了好吗 |
[13:31] | She did mention being on her own too much, | 她确实提到总是自己一个人 |
[13:33] | so we know she’s available. | 所以我们知道她单身 |
[13:36] | It’s fun to speculate, but, I, come on, | 这样的推断很有意思 但是 拜托 |
[13:38] | you can’t seriously be suggesting… | 你们不是真的在建议我 |
[13:39] | Well, why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[13:40] | I can’t imagine a more exciting way to meet. | 我无法想象一个更令人兴奋的见面方式了 |
[13:43] | The woman of your dreams steps off a plane | 你的梦中情人走下飞机 |
[13:45] | and there you are to rescue her. | 而你就在那 去拯救她 |
[13:47] | Oh, yeah, you can’t beat meeting somebody in a romantic way. | 你免不了会和某一个人以浪漫的方式相见 |
[13:50] | That’s the way it was with me and your mom. | 我和你妈妈就是这么见面的 |
[13:52] | You met Mother over the chalk outline of a murder victim. | 你们是在一具尸体的粉笔轮廓边遇见的 |
[13:56] | So? It was romantic to us. | 那又怎样 我们觉得很浪漫 |
[13:59] | Ever wondered why on our anniversary | 不好奇为什么在结婚纪念日 |
[14:01] | she’d make those gingerbread cookies | 她总的那些姜饼都有 |
[14:03] | with the legs kind of bent and the head kind of crooked? | 类似腿部和头部的弯曲吗 |
[14:10] | We thought they were dancing. | 我们以为那是在跳舞 |
[14:17] | I met a boy in a cute way once. | 我有一次以一种有趣的方式邂逅了一个男孩 |
[14:19] | I was 18 and visiting Stonehenge. | 我当时18岁 在参观巨石阵 |
[14:22] | And this dashing young man came up to me and told me | 这个时髦的年轻人来到我面前和我说 |
[14:24] | he was an actual descendant of the Druids. | 他是德鲁依教士的后代 |
[14:27] | Boy, is that the one place that line would work. | 那是唯一一个能用这话泡到妞的地方了 |
[14:30] | I met someone once flying home from college. | 有一次从大学飞回家的途中 我遇见了一个人 |
[14:33] | I got bumped into first class, | 我当时碰巧坐头等舱 |
[14:34] | found myself sitting next to a positively ravishing woman. | 发现我旁边坐着一位极其迷人的女人 |
[14:37] | She was a bit older, | 她岁数比我大些 |
[14:38] | and I was trying desperately to be suave, | 我当时在拼命表现文雅 |
[14:39] | so when she leaned over | 当她倾身过来 |
[14:40] | and suggested we join the mile high club, | 建议我们加入空中高潮俱乐部 |
[14:43] | rather than admit I was unfamiliar with the term, | 我没承认不懂这个词儿 |
[14:44] | I whispered back, | 而是低声回道 |
[14:46] | “I really don’t travel enough to make that worthwhile.” | “我不怎么旅行 加入可能不值当” |
[14:54] | God, that was 20 years ago. | 天哪 那都是20年前了 |
[14:57] | Nope. Still can’t laugh about it. | 不 仍然不能一笑而过 |
[15:07] | Hi, Molly. Laura again. | 嗨 Molly 还是Laura |
[15:08] | Is that Tom on the machine? | 电话上是Tom吗 |
[15:10] | He sounds nice. | 他听上去不错 |
[15:11] | Anyway… | 总之 |
[15:15] | She liked the sound of my voice. | 她喜欢我的声音 |
[15:18] | She’s called me twice today. | 她今天给我打了两次电话 |
[15:19] | That’s already the best relationship I’ve had this year. | 这已经是我今年最好的情侣关系了 |
[15:26] | So are you going? | 你去吗 |
[15:28] | Maybe. | 可能 |
[15:30] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:31] | There’s nothing worse than | 没有什么 |
[15:32] | when you look back on a missed opportunity. | 比回忆错失的机会更糟糕的了 |
[15:35] | – What the hell. – Oh, this is so exciting. | – 管他的 – 太让人兴奋了 |
[15:38] | I can’t believe I’m doing this. | 我不敢相信我居然要这么做 |
[15:40] | – Frasier, before you go. – No, | – Frasier 你走之前 – 不 |
[15:40] | Niles, stop right there. | Niles 别说了 |
[15:42] | Don’t say another word to me. | 别再对我多说一个词 |
[15:43] | I won’t do anything this impulsive if I start to over think it. | 我要是开始考虑 就不会做这么冲动的事了 |
[15:45] | Just let me get the hell out of here | 在我改变主意之前 |
[15:46] | before I change my mind. | 让我赶紧离开这 |
[15:52] | Not before I change my shirt. | 当然在换完衬衫之后 |
[16:13] | Thanks for all your help, I can take it from here. | 谢谢 现在给我吧 |
[16:17] | Ah…Laura? Looking for Molly? | Laura 在找Molly |
[16:20] | Yes, I am. | 是我 |
[16:21] | – Molly sent a driver? – Oh, no, no. | – Molly派了个司机来 – 不 不 |
[16:23] | I’m, I’m not a driver. | 我不是司机 |
[16:24] | I’m a psychiatrist. I’m here to help you. | 我是心理医生 我是来帮助你的 |
[16:29] | Molly’s having me committed? | Molly要把我关到精神病院里吗 |
[16:31] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[16:32] | I’m, I’m Dr. Frasier Crane. | 我是Frasier Crane医生 |
[16:34] | – Oh, from the radio. – Yes. | – 电台那位 – 是的 |
[16:36] | You know me? | 你认识我吗 |
[16:37] | Yes, I’ve heard your show. It’s great. | 是的 我听过你的秀 非常好 |
[16:39] | But your knowing me is just weird. | 但你认识我就有点奇怪了 |
[16:41] | Oh, well, actually, | 事实上 |
[16:42] | you left a couple of messages on my machine today by mistake. | 你错留了几通留言在我的电话上 |
[16:46] | Oh, no. I must’ve gotten my sister’s new number wrong. | 不 我一定是弄错了我妹妹的新电话号 |
[16:49] | Well, I didn’t want you waiting around for someone who wasn’t coming. | 我不能让你空等不来的人 |
[16:52] | So you came all the way down here? | 所以你就大老远的跑来了 |
[16:55] | What are you, like, the nicest guy in the world? | 怎么 你是世上最好的人吗 |
[16:57] | Yes, yes, I am. | 是的 就是我 |
[16:59] | Well, speaking of nice, | 说到人好 |
[17:01] | I would be delighted to drive you to your sister’s home. | 我很荣幸能把你送到你妹妹家 |
[17:04] | Oh, no, no, no, I’ll take a cab. | 不 不 不 我打车就行 |
[17:06] | Are you sure? It’s no trouble at all. | 你确定吗 一点都不麻烦 |
[17:08] | She lives an hour away. | 她家离这有一小时路程 |
[17:09] | But, listen, could I buy you a drink just to say thank you? | 但是 我能请你喝一杯以示感谢吗 |
[17:13] | Well, yes, I’d love that. | 当然可以 |
[17:14] | May I take your cello? | 我可以帮你拿大提琴吗 |
[17:16] | I checked my cello. This is my purse. | 我检查过大提琴了 这是我的钱包 |
[17:21] | I think that’s funny. | 我觉得这话很好笑啊 |
[17:22] | Why doesn’t anybody laugh at that? | 怎么就没人笑呢 |
[17:25] | That is funny. Allow me. | 这很好笑 让我来吧 |
[17:28] | So are you with an orchestra? | 你在管弦乐队工作吗 |
[17:31] | With a chamber music group, actually. | 事实上 是一支室内音乐团队 |
[17:34] | We’re based in L.A., but we travel quite a bit. | 总部在洛杉矶 但是出差很多 |
[17:37] | I grew up here, so it’s always nice to come back. I miss it. | 我在这长大 回来总是好的 我很想念这儿 |
[17:40] | So, what’ll you have? | 你想喝什么 |
[17:42] | I think I’ll have a glass of sherry. | 我来杯雪莉酒 |
[17:45] | Two. | 两杯 |
[17:46] | Not that you can expect that much from airport-bar sherry. | 不要太期待机场酒吧的雪莉酒 |
[17:50] | Oh, goodness, don’t I sound like the perfect snob? | 天哪 我听上去真是自命高雅 |
[17:54] | Yes. | 确实是 |
[17:56] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[17:58] | I agree with you about the sherry. | 我同意你说的关于雪莉酒部分 |
[18:01] | So…um… | 所以 额 |
[18:03] | …why did you choose the cello? | 你为什么选大提琴 |
[18:06] | When I was around 11, | 在我大概11岁的时候 |
[18:08] | my father took me to the symphony. | 我父亲带我去听交响乐 |
[18:10] | And this sounds a little silly, | 这可能听上去有点愚蠢 |
[18:12] | but when I heard the cello, | 但是 当我听到大提琴的声音时 |
[18:14] | it sounded sad, | 我感觉它很悲伤 |
[18:15] | like it needed me. | 好像它需要我 |
[18:17] | That’s not silly. That’s lovely. | 这并不愚蠢 这很可爱 |
[18:20] | I was always an odd kid. | 我一直都是个奇怪的孩子 |
[18:21] | All my girlfriends had posters of David Cassidy. | 我的女朋友们都有David Cassidy的海报 |
[18:23] | I had Pablo Casals. | 我的却是Pablo Casals |
[18:25] | I had Sigmund Freud. | 我的是Sigmund Freud |
[18:26] | But did you kiss him before you went to bed? | 但是每晚上床前你会亲他吗 |
[18:29] | Well, I was tempted to… | 我试图这样做 |
[18:30] | …but he just would’ve read too much into it. | 但他会曲解我的本意的 |
[18:36] | Oh, here, thank you. | 来了 谢谢 |
[18:37] | I don’t believe I’ve ever shared a drink with a psychiatrist. | 我不敢相信我居然在和一名心理医生喝酒 |
[18:40] | I’m worried that you must be analyzing me. | 我担心你在分析我 |
[18:43] | Well, if I am, my diagnosis so far is that I… | 如果我是的话 我目前的诊断是 |
[18:47] | I can’t find a single thing wrong with you. | 我没发现你有任何问题 |
[18:55] | – Actually, it’s quite good. – Yes. | – 事实上 尝起来还不错 – 是的 |
[18:58] | My second pleasant surprise this evening. | 我今晚的第二个惊喜 |
[19:02] | Frasier Frasier, | |
[19:03] | maybe I’m misreading you here, | 可能是我误解你了 |
[19:05] | but I’m married. | 但是我结婚了 |
[19:08] | Oh. | 哦 |
[19:12] | See, I don’t know why I jumped to the conclusion that you were single. | 我不知道为什么我妄下结论 以为你单身 |
[19:16] | Wasn’t there something in your message about | 你不是在留言里提到 |
[19:18] | having been on your own too much lately? | 最近总是自己一个人 |
[19:22] | – Oh, I’ve been away on tour. – Oh. | – 我一直在巡回演出 – 哦 |
[19:26] | Well, I guess by now you’ve probably figured out that | 现在你大概意识到 |
[19:28] | my coming down here wasn’t entirely the act of a Good Samaritan. | 我来这并不因为我是仁慈的撒玛利亚人 |
[19:34] | More like a lonely Samaritan. | 更像是一个孤独的撒马利亚人 |
[19:37] | I guess that makes me seem sort of desperate. | 我想这让我看上去有点绝望 |
[19:39] | No, I think it makes you seem sort of romantic. | 不 我认为这让你看上去有点浪漫 |
[19:43] | I used to do things like this when I was single. It was fun. | 我单身的时候也常这么做 很有意思 |
[19:46] | Clearly you were better at being single than I am. | 很明显 你单身时的状态比我好 |
[19:48] | Oh, come on. Let me ask you a question. | 拜托 我问你个问题 |
[19:51] | How did you feel coming down here? | 来这让你感觉怎么样 |
[19:53] | I felt… | 我感觉 |
[19:55] | …completely exhilarated. | 非常振奋 |
[19:56] | In fact, it’s the most fun I’ve had in recent memory. | 事实上 这是我最近记忆里最开心的事了 |
[19:59] | Exactly. The anticipation. The excitement. The hope. | 正是如此 期待 兴奋 希望 |
[20:03] | Marriage is the death of all that. | 婚姻是它们的坟墓 |
[20:08] | I hope you didn’t write your own vows. | 希望你不是自己写的婚誓 |
[20:11] | I’m not down on marriage. | 我不是对婚姻不满 |
[20:13] | It’s just marriage can be great, | 只是婚姻可以是美好的 |
[20:14] | but so can not being married. | 不结婚也可以过得很好 |
[20:17] | I suppose. | 我想是的 |
[20:19] | Well, you’re, | 你 |
[20:20] | you’re smart, lovely, talented, | 你 聪明 可爱 多才 |
[20:24] | able to look at the bright side of things. | 有能力看到事物的光明面 |
[20:25] | I’m getting more disappointed by the moment. | 这让我现在更沮丧了 |
[20:28] | I’m sorry it didn’t turn out the way you wanted. | 很抱歉 事情没有变成你想要的样子 |
[20:30] | Oh, don’t be. | 你不必这样 |
[20:31] | Look, I really did have fun. | 我确实很开心 |
[20:34] | You know, it’s not very often that I do something impulsive. | 你看 我不大做冲动的事 |
[20:37] | Well, maybe you should. | 也许 你该试试 |
[20:41] | Well, I really should be going. | 我真的该走了 |
[20:44] | Oh, no, here, allow me. Allow me. | 不 给 让我来 让我来 |
[20:46] | I’m the nicest guy in the world, remember? | 我是世上最好的人 记得吗 |
[20:48] | I’ll remember. | 我会记得的 |
[20:51] | Here we are. | 给你 |
[20:54] | This is probably a ridiculous thing to say, | 这听上去可能有点可笑 |
[20:56] | but if I weren’t married… | 但如果我没结婚 |
[20:58] | No, you don’t have to finish that, | 你不一定非要以这种话结束 |
[21:00] | but thank you very much for starting it. | 但非常感谢你开始这一切 |
[21:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:04] | Oh. | 哦 |
[21:06] | Let me get that. | 我来吧 |
[21:08] | Excuse us. | 抱歉 |
[21:10] | If you ever think back on this, could you just…? | 如果你回想起来 你能不能 |
[21:12] | I’ll just edit that part out. | 我会把这块删除 |
[21:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:24] | Excuse me, did you just hear that gate-change announcement? | 打扰一下 你刚才听到登机口变更通知了吗 |
[21:27] | No, no, I’m, I’m sorry. | 没有 没有 很抱歉 |
[21:28] | Um, perhaps they can help you at the ticket counter. | 额 也许票务处能帮到你 |
[21:31] | Oh, good idea. Thank you. | 好主意 谢谢你 |
[21:33] | Where are you headed? | 你要去哪 |
[21:35] | – Mexico. – Oh. | – 墨西哥 – 哦 |
[21:37] | How about you? | 你呢 |
[21:38] | Oh, well, I’m just gonna finish up my sherry and then I’m off to… | 我正准备喝完雪莉酒 然后就 |
[21:43] | I’m going to Mexico. | 我也去墨西哥 |
[21:45] | Really? Acapulco? | 真的吗 阿卡普尔科 |
[21:47] | This is uncanny. | 太不可思议了 |
[21:51] | Come on. What hotel are you staying at? | 走吧 你住哪家酒店 |
[21:53] | Via Verde. | 维维尔 |
[21:53] | Well, that’s where I’m staying! | 我也住那 |
[21:54] | You’re scaring me. | 巧合到吓着我了 |