时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Roz, how are you? | Roz 你怎么样了 |
[00:24] | Still pregnant. | 还怀着孩子呢 |
[00:28] | Look, I… | 听着 我 |
[00:29] | I’m sorry about last night. | 昨晚的事我很抱歉 |
[00:32] | I tried to apologise | 我本想向你道歉 |
[00:34] | but you ran out of the party so fast. | 但是你那么快就跑出去了 |
[00:35] | Oh, I’m sorry. Was that rude? | 哦 抱歉 昨天我一定很失礼吧 |
[00:38] | You know more about etiquette than I do. | 礼仪方面 你比我懂得多了 |
[00:39] | What is the proper length of time you should stay | 要是有人在上百个陌生人面前 |
[00:42] | after someone announces to 100 strangers | 爆料说你肚子被搞大了 你应该呆多久 |
[00:44] | that you got knocked up? | 才不显得失礼呢 |
[00:48] | I tried to call. | 我给你打电话了 |
[00:49] | I know, I wasn’t answering. | 我知道 我没接电话 |
[00:51] | I was up all night thinking about what I want to do. | 我一整晚都没睡 在想我应该怎么做 |
[00:53] | Yes, I suppose a decision of that magnitude | 是啊 我也觉得这么大的事情 |
[00:56] | would take many sleepless… | 得经过许多不眠之夜的思量 |
[00:58] | – I’m having the baby. -…hours to make. | – 我要留下孩子 – 才做得出 |
[01:03] | Are you sure, Roz? | 你确定吗 Roz |
[01:06] | I know it seems quick, | 我知道这看上去很草率 |
[01:07] | but even when I was hoping I wasn’t pregnant, | 但即使我祈祷自己没怀孕的时候 |
[01:10] | I knew if I was, I was keeping the baby. | 我就知道 只要怀孕了 我就会留下孩子 |
[01:13] | – Well, let me be the first to congratulate you. – Thanks. | – 那么 让我第一个恭喜你吧 – 谢谢 |
[01:16] | Roz, Oh God, it’s so wonderful. You’ll make a great mom. | Roz 天哪 太妙了 你会是个好妈妈的 |
[01:21] | Well, I did the first step pretty well and I wasn’t even trying. | 当妈妈的第一步我确实是闭着眼就完成了 |
[01:26] | So, have you told the father? | 那你告诉娃儿他爸了吗 |
[01:27] | Yes, I called him at nine o’clock this morning, | 嗯 我今天早上九点给他打的电话 |
[01:30] | which was seven o’clock at night Cairo time. | 也就是开罗晚上七点钟 |
[01:35] | Is that pertinent fact or you are just trying to | 这是很重要的相关信息吗 还是你只是 |
[01:37] | dazzle me with your command of time zones? | 想在我面前卖弄你算时区算的有多好 |
[01:39] | Yes, he’s gone to Cairo. He’s working on a project. | 他去了开罗了 他在那边做一个项目 |
[01:42] | – He’s an architect. – Oh, wow. Really? | – 他是个建筑师 – 哦 哇 是吗 |
[01:45] | – When’s he coming back? – He isn’t. | – 他什么时候回来 – 他不回来了 |
[01:49] | But that’s perfectly fine with me. | 但这根本没关系啊 |
[01:50] | I’m absolutely comfortable raising this child by myself. | 我自己抚养孩子绝对没问题 |
[01:54] | And I’m sure everybody around here | 我们所有人都会 |
[01:56] | Will give you plenty of support. | 尽其所能支持你的 |
[01:58] | So Roz, who’s the proud papa? | Roz 到底是谁喜当爹了 |
[02:00] | You got it narrowed down yet? | 你有个大概范围了没 |
[02:03] | That’s nice. Very nice. | 哥哥您真会聊天 |
[02:06] | – Frasier, would you excuse us? – Yes, of course. | – Fraseier 能让我们单独待会吗 – 没问题 |
[02:08] | Just remember the baby’s future is on us Roz. | 要记得你还有个娃要养呢 Roz |
[02:10] | Try to make it look like an accident. | 把犯罪现场弄得像场意外吧 |
[02:14] | Look, I was just kidding. | 你看 我只是跟你开玩笑呢 |
[02:16] | I’m sure you probably know who the dad is. | 我敢肯定你应该知道谁是娃他爹 |
[02:18] | Well, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 嗯 这正是我想跟你聊聊的 |
[02:21] | Do you remember Janet’s party a couple of months ago? | 你还得几个月前Janet的派对吗 |
[02:24] | You got really drunk and I drove you home. | 你醉得不省人事 是我把你送回家的 |
[02:31] | Yeah. What about it? | 我记得 怎么了 |
[02:33] | Well, you invited me up, | 你请我上去坐坐 |
[02:35] | and I guess I had a few myself | 大概我也喝得不少吧 |
[02:37] | – because the next thing I knew… – No, No, I don’t believe this. | – 因为后来我只记得 – 胡说 胡说 我不信 |
[02:40] | – I don’t even remember us… – Oh calm down, Bulldog. | – 我根本不记得我们有 – 冷静点 Bulldog |
[02:41] | No, no. Come on. Please, just tell me you’re joking. | 别呀 求您了 说你在和我闹着玩 |
[02:43] | Look, we don’t have to get married right away. | 你看 我们也不用马上就结婚 |
[02:45] | Oh man, Oh man | 老天爷 老天爷 |
[02:48] | I thought you’d be happy about this. | 我还以为你会很开心呢 |
[02:50] | I mean, we were wonderful together. | 想当初 咱俩多么契合 |
[02:53] | When you made love to me, | 当你和我在床上时 |
[02:54] | you were so tender and caring… | 你是那么温柔体贴 |
[02:58] | Tender and caring? No way was that me. | 温柔 体贴 那绝对不是我 |
[03:02] | Yeah, you almost had me. Good one, Roz. | 哼 你差点骗到我 不错啊 Roz |
[03:09] | – Someone at the door. – Really? | – 有人在门口呢 – 是嘛 |
[03:11] | So that’s what that funny chiming sound means. | 原来这好听的铃声是这个意思啊 |
[03:14] | I’m a little indisposed here. Would you mind? | 我这现在有点忙 你能不能帮帮忙 |
[03:17] | Sure. Sorry, Daph. | 没问题 抱歉 Daph |
[03:18] | Hang on, she’s coming. | 等会儿 她一会就来 |
[03:21] | You take it easy. | 你可别起来 |
[03:22] | Rest up for that big trek to the dinner table. | 还得养精蓄锐 一会儿走到餐桌那儿呢 |
[03:27] | Hello, Dr Crane. | 你好 Crane医生 |
[03:29] | Daphne, before I even come in, | Daphne 在进屋之前 |
[03:31] | I have to say I am mortified about my behaviour last night. | 我必须得承认 我昨晚的表现让我无地自容 |
[03:34] | Honestly, I don’t know what got into me. | 其实吧 我也不知道我到底怎么了 |
[03:36] | About a quart of vodka, for starters. | 最起码你是灌了一肚子伏特加吧 |
[03:40] | There’s no need for an apology. | 你用不着道歉 |
[03:43] | I thought what you did was very chivalrous. | 我觉得你昨晚很有骑士风度 |
[03:46] | I happen to believe that if a woman finds herself in such a predicament, | 我的确相信 要是一位女士陷入了窘境 |
[03:49] | a man of honour has an obligation to step up and do the right thing. | 有品德的绅士有义务站出来承担责任 |
[03:52] | Now poor Roz really is in that predicament. | 现在可怜的Roz确实处在窘境 |
[03:55] | Do I smell chicken? | 你做鸡肉了吗 |
[03:58] | Yes, Niles. We’ll be serving dinner as soon as Roz gets here. | 是啊 Niles 等Roz一到咱们就开饭 |
[04:02] | I didn’t think she should be alone this evening. | 我觉得今晚还是有人陪陪她的好 |
[04:04] | How’s she doing? | 她怎么样 |
[04:05] | Well, I guess it’s OK, considering she’s decided to have the child herself. | 还成吧 她说了要独自抚养孩子长大 |
[04:09] | Boy, things surely have changed since my day. | 老天 现在世道果然变了 |
[04:13] | Back then, if a girl got in trouble, | 我们那会儿 要是女孩有这种麻烦 |
[04:15] | her family just ship her off to relatives in another state | 她家就把她送到其他州的亲戚家 |
[04:18] | and if anybody asked, | 要是有人问起 |
[04:19] | just lied and said she went to Europe. | 就谎称她去欧洲游学了 |
[04:21] | Then when she came back, | 等她回来的时候 |
[04:22] | they’d raise the baby as a little sister. | 就把孩子当做母亲的小妹养 |
[04:25] | Not like today. We had morals and values back then. | 今时不同往日 我们那时候还有仁义道德 |
[04:33] | You know, I always assumed I’d have children, | 话说 我一直以为我会有孩子 |
[04:35] | but if Maris and I don’t reconcile soon, | 但如果我和Maris不能赶快和好 |
[04:37] | the issue will be moot. She’s a tad older than I am. | 这事就没戏了 她比我稍微大一点 |
[04:39] | and her biological clock is winding down a bit. | 她的生物周期都快停摆了 |
[04:42] | Luckily she flies to Zurich twice a year to have it reset. | 幸运的是 她每半年就去趟苏黎世 重置一下 |
[04:49] | You know, babies are wonderful, | 虽然小宝贝非常可爱 |
[04:51] | but Roz does have a rough road ahead of her. | 但Roz选得这条路可不轻松啊 |
[04:54] | It will never be easy balancing a career with motherhood. | 在事业和家庭之间找平衡本来就很难 |
[04:57] | Well, the big question is when she will find a husband? | 更难的是 她得赶快找个对象啊 |
[04:59] | I mean a little kid needs a mother and a father. | 娃子长大需要爸爸呀 |
[05:02] | That’s Roz. Just remember she came here tonight | Roz到了 记住她今晚过来 |
[05:06] | To have a relaxing dinner, | 就是吃个便饭 |
[05:07] | not to be reminded of the difficult situation that she’s in. | 不要提起她面临的困境 |
[05:10] | We just take our cue from her. | 我们就依她的口风行事 |
[05:12] | If she doesn’t bring it up, we won’t discuss it. Agreed? | 只要她不提 我们也不提 知道了吗 |
[05:15] | – All right. – Yeah, all right | – 知道了 – 好了 知道了 |
[05:16] | Daphne, you may answer the door. | Daphne 现在你可以去开门了 |
[05:21] | Well, thank you. | 太感谢了 |
[05:24] | Why don’t I just get a feather duster | 我是不是应该弄个鸡毛掸子 |
[05:26] | and a French maid’s uniform? | 再穿身法国女佣装啊 |
[05:28] | That would teach them, wouldn’t it, Daphne. | 那样才能给他们好看 是不是 Daphne |
[05:29] | And I would pick it out for you. | 我去给你买 |
[05:34] | – Hello, Roz. – Hey, Daphne. | – 你好 Roz – 嘿 Daphne |
[05:36] | – Hi, Roz. – Roz. | – 好啊Roz – Roz |
[05:37] | Dinner’s almost ready. | 晚饭马上就好 |
[05:38] | – You just make yourself comfortable. All right? – Ok. | – 你就舒服地等着吧 – 好 |
[05:47] | So… | 那么 |
[05:51] | That’s such a cute skirt. | 这裙子真漂亮 |
[05:53] | Thanks. I just got it. | 谢谢 我刚买的 |
[06:00] | I just got these pants. | 我这裤子也是刚买的 |
[06:06] | They’re nice. | 很不错呢 |
[06:12] | I got some interesting news last night. | 昨晚我发生了件趣事 |
[06:15] | Well, I and a large portion of Seattle found out I was pregnant. | 我和一大拨西雅图人民发现我怀孕了 |
[06:20] | Don’t your guys want to ask me about it? | 你们不想聊聊这件事吗 |
[06:22] | Yes, of course we do, but we were told not to. | 当然想了 但是有人不让我们问 |
[06:25] | Yes, Frasier’s afraid we might say something | 是呀 Frasier觉得我们可能会 |
[06:27] | That make you uncomfortable. | 说些让你不舒服的话 |
[06:28] | Oh, That’s sillly. I want to talk about it. | 怎么会呢 我特想找人聊聊呢 |
[06:30] | I’m really excited. | 我特别兴奋 |
[06:32] | I’m going to be a mom. | 我要当妈了 |
[06:33] | I’ve got a lot to do. | 有很多要准备的 |
[06:34] | – I’ve tell you one thing I’ve got to get pronto… – A husband. | – 最重要的是得先去找个 – 老公 |
[06:40] | I was going to say a bigger apartment. | 我想说的是找个大点的房子 |
[06:44] | Oh, Well, maybe the husband’ll have one. | 没准儿找个老公就能有个大房子了呢 |
[06:47] | So, how did the father take it when you told him? | 那么 你告诉孩子他爸时 他反应如何 |
[06:52] | Don’t worry, she brought it up. | 别瞎操心了 她自己提起来的 |
[06:54] | Actually, he took it very well. | 说起来 他挺受得住的 |
[06:56] | He’s not going to be that involved though. He moved to Cairo. | 虽然他不会参与进来 他搬去开罗住了 |
[06:58] | Where would he have moved to if he had taken it badly? | 他要是受不住 那得搬到哪儿去 |
[07:04] | No, he’s working in Cairo on a project. He’s an archaeologist. | 不是啦 他在开罗做一个项目 他是考古学家 |
[07:08] | Roz, why don’t we get you something to drink? | Roz 来点儿喝的吧 |
[07:11] | Oh, all right. Do you have any mineral water? | 好啊 你这有矿泉水吗 |
[07:13] | I have eight kinds. Come and pick one for yourself. | 我有八种呢 你自己来选吧 |
[07:15] | Yes, he’s got room for eight different kinds of water in that fridge, | 哼 他冰箱够地方放八种水 |
[07:18] | and I have to keep my can of spray cheese under the sink. | 可我的喷雾奶酪却被放在水池下面 |
[07:23] | You know, this morning you told me the father was an architect. | 话说 今天早上你说娃儿他爸是个建筑师 |
[07:28] | I did? That was a slip of the tongue. | 是吗 肯定是一时打嘴了 |
[07:33] | – And how did you two meet again? – In a bar. | – 对了 你们是怎么认识的 – 在一家酒吧 |
[07:36] | This morning you told me it was on a double date. | 今天早上你说是在双人约会认识的 |
[07:38] | Oh, that’s right. It was, it was on a double date. | 对 可不 是双人约会 |
[07:41] | This morning you told me nothing. | 今天早上你什么都没跟我说 |
[07:45] | What is going on, Roz? Obviously you’re hiding something. | 怎么回事 Roz 你明显有事瞒着我们 |
[07:48] | Niles, please, would you excuse us? | Niles 拜托 我们这儿正说话呢 |
[07:52] | By all means. I just came in to open a bottle of wine. Sorry. | 不好意思 我就是来拿瓶酒的 抱歉 |
[07:57] | Fine, what’s going on. | 说吧 到底怎么回事 |
[07:58] | Is it that you don’t know who the father is? | 你是不是真不知道谁是娃儿他爸 |
[08:00] | Of course I know. | 我当然知道 |
[08:02] | Well, why don’t you tell me? | 那你怎么不说 |
[08:03] | Because I haven’t even told him yet. | 因为我还没告诉他 |
[08:08] | And I’m not sure I’m going to tell him. | 我也不确定要不要说 |
[08:10] | It’s a little complicated. | 这事儿有点复杂 |
[08:12] | Roz, look, I don’t care who the father is | Roz 我不关心孩儿他爸到底是谁 |
[08:13] | but the man has a right to know that he’s going to have a child. | 但那人有权利知道他就要当爸爸了 |
[08:16] | Frasier, this really isn’t any of your business. | Frasier 这事真跟你一点儿关系没有 |
[08:18] | Well, it’s certainly his business. | 是 但这事绝对跟他有关系 |
[08:21] | You have an obligation to let this man know that you’re having his baby. | 你有义务告诉那人 你要留下孩子 |
[08:25] | Niles, do you mind? | Niles 你行不行 |
[08:27] | It’s impossible to have a private conversation | 我们正说正经话呢 |
[08:29] | with you constantly eavesdropping. | 你怎么老来偷听 |
[08:31] | I don’t know what you two are talking about, | 我根本不知道你俩在说啥 |
[08:33] | but I resent the implication that | 但我被你伤自尊了 |
[08:34] | I have nothing better to do | 因为你暗示我像个多管闲事的毛头小伙子 |
[08:35] | than to spy on you like a nosy teenager. | 过来监视你们 |
[08:37] | I came in for a corkscrew. | 我是来拿开瓶器的 |
[08:39] | Oh, Niles. I’m sorry. | 哦 Niles 对不起 |
[08:44] | All I could get was that she hasn’t told the father. | 我只听到她还没跟娃儿他爸说 |
[08:50] | – Double latte, please. – Coming right up. | – 双份拿铁 谢谢 – 马上来 |
[08:52] | – I’ll bring it to your table. – Thank you. | – 我一会儿给您端过去 – 谢谢 |
[08:56] | Morning, Roz. | 早啊 Roz |
[08:57] | Frasier? What are you doing here? | Frasier 你在这儿干嘛呢 |
[09:00] | Well, it must be quite a shock to find me here in this place | 你一定没想到能在这儿遇上我 |
[09:03] | that I come to every day of my life. | 想来我可是天天往这儿跑的 |
[09:05] | You had a dental appointment. | 你不是要去看牙医吗 |
[09:06] | Yes, well, I rescheduled it for tomorrow. | 是啊 不过我改成明天了 |
[09:09] | – Thanks for telling me. – What’s going on? | – 我谢你啊 也不通个气 – 怎么了 |
[09:11] | All right, I came here to talk to him. | 好吧 我今天来是要跟他说的 |
[09:14] | – You know – The father? Really? | – 就是 – 娃儿他爸 真的 |
[09:16] | Well, I’m proud of you. | 我真为你骄傲 |
[09:17] | Thank you very much! Now get out of here. | 太谢谢你了 现在赶紧给我消失 |
[09:18] | All right, All right, just a second. | 好啦 好啦 我一下就走 |
[09:20] | May I have that to go, please? | 请把我的咖啡打包吧 |
[09:21] | – Sure, Dr Crane. – Thank you! | – 没问题 Crane医生 – 谢谢 |
[09:23] | Hey Roz, how are you doing? | 嘿 Roz 你最近怎么样 |
[09:24] | Good. Rick, you? | 不错 Rick 你呢 |
[09:25] | Great. What can I get you? | 我也不错 想喝点什么 |
[09:27] | I’ll have a decaf, thanks. | 给我来杯低咖的 谢谢 |
[09:28] | Be right back. | 马上就来 |
[09:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[09:31] | – He’s a nice kid, right. – Yes, he is. | – 这孩子不错 – 是啊 |
[09:33] | – Working here to put himself through school. – Yes, he is. | – 在这儿半工半读 – 是啊 |
[09:36] | – He’s the father, isn’t he? – Yes, he is. | – 他就是娃儿他爸 是吧 – 是的 |
[09:48] | The father of your child is a teenager? | 这位娃儿他爸是个未成年人 |
[09:51] | No, of course, he’s not a teenager, anymore. | 当然不是 至少现在不是 |
[09:54] | He had a birthday three weeks ago. | 他三周前刚刚过了18岁生日 |
[09:56] | Look, we just went out for a couple of weeks, | 我们就处了几个星期 |
[09:59] | and then it was over. There were no hard feelings. | 然后就分了 和平分手的 |
[10:01] | It’s a little embarrassing, though, | 就是有点难为情 |
[10:03] | him being seven years younger than I am. | 毕竟他比我小七岁 |
[10:05] | Put your eyebrows down. | 你少给我脸色看 |
[10:09] | I’ve seen your driver’s licence, and you don’t weigh no 170. | 我可是看过你的驾照 你绝对不止170磅 |
[10:15] | Now you know what I’m talking about. | 现在你知道我为什么畏首畏尾的了吧 |
[10:16] | I don’t want to ruin his whole life. | 我不想毁了他的未来 |
[10:19] | – He still has a right to know. – I know that. | – 可他有权利知情 – 我知道 |
[10:23] | It’s not going to be easy. | 可叫我怎么说呢 |
[10:24] | When you were a junior in college, | 要是你上大三的时候 |
[10:26] | if a woman came to you and told you she was carrying your child | 一个女人跑来说她有了你的孩子 |
[10:29] | Wouldn’t you have been devastated? | 你不得崩溃了呀 |
[10:31] | In my case, I would’ve been mystified. | 要是我的话 我应该是糊涂了吧 |
[10:35] | How do I even begin to tell him? | 我怎么开这个口 |
[10:37] | Well, something like that is never easy. | 这种事确实不好说 |
[10:39] | So, Roz, what made you switch to decaf? | Roz 你怎么开始喝低咖的了 |
[10:42] | And again, sometimes a natural opening does present itself. | 但有时候 开场白自己就送上门来 |
[10:46] | I’m just trying to stay healthy. Listen, | 我就是想更健康点 对了 |
[10:48] | Rick, I tried to call you this morning and your number wasn’t working. | Rick 我今早给你打电话 可是一直打不通 |
[10:50] | Oh, I’m not in the dorms anymore. | 我不在宿舍住了 |
[10:52] | Really, did you get your own place? | 真的呀 你搬出来了 |
[10:53] | No, I moved back in with my parents. | 不 我搬回家住了 |
[10:57] | Frasier, isn’t your dad waving to you right there. | Frasier 你爸爸来了 正跟你招手呢 |
[10:59] | Oh, Yeah, right. Like my dad’s there waving to me. | 倒是巧啊 我爸偏这个时候冲我招手 |
[11:03] | My dad’s over there waving to me. Excuse me. | 我爸正冲我招手呢 我先走一步 |
[11:07] | So, you look incredible. | 你美极了 |
[11:10] | – I do? – Yeah. | – 是吗 – 绝对的 |
[11:12] | So, Dad, what brings you here? | 老爸 你怎么来了 |
[11:14] | Sherry took her sister to that store across the street | Sherry带她姐姐到街对面的商店 |
[11:17] | to buy some foundation garments. | 买贴身穿的衣服了 |
[11:19] | I think they call them bras now. | 现在人们都管那个叫”文胸”吧 |
[11:22] | Not these you don’t. | 这些算不上 |
[11:24] | You could cross the River Kwai on one of those babies. | 凭着这玩意儿你都能横跨桂河了 |
[11:29] | So, I have something to tell you. | 我有件事想告诉你 |
[11:31] | Oh, I’ve got some news, too. | 我也有事儿跟你说呢 |
[11:33] | Do you remember me telling you about | 你还记得我上次说的 |
[11:35] | that junior year abroad programme? | 大三的交换项目吗 |
[11:37] | I’m in. I am leaving next week | 我被选上了 我下周就走了 |
[11:39] | and spending the rest of the year in Paris. | 然后今年就在巴黎过了 |
[11:41] | Congratulations. I’m so happy for you. | 恭喜呀 我太为你高兴了 |
[11:43] | Thanks. It’s like… First my soccer team wins the championship, | 谢了 先是我们足球队得了冠军 |
[11:47] | then I ace my finals, and now I’m going to Paris. | 然后我期末考试全优 现在又要去巴黎了 |
[11:50] | I’m starting to think, what’s next? | 我都刹不住了 接下来会怎样呢 |
[11:54] | Funny you should ask. | 正好你问了 |
[11:57] | I’m telling you there’s something in my eye. | 你听我说 我眼睛里进了个什么东西 |
[11:58] | I don’t see anything. | 我没看见什么呀 |
[11:59] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[12:00] | I don’t see anything. | 我没看见什么 |
[12:02] | – You’re not even looking. – All right. I’ll look. | – 你根本就没看 – 好吧好吧 我看 |
[12:05] | No, don’t touch! Don’t touch! | 啊 别捅 别捅啊 |
[12:08] | Look, Dad, I’ve got to go talk to Roz. | 老爸 我得去跟Roz谈谈 |
[12:11] | Just go to the men’s room and rinse it with cold water. All right? | 你就去厕所用冷水冲冲吧 好不 |
[12:13] | Oh yeah, I’m glad I worked all those extra shifts | 说得好呀 我加了那么多班 |
[12:16] | to put you through medical school. It really paid off. | 送你去读医学院 现在算是值回票价了 |
[12:24] | – Roz? – Don’t worry, I told him. | – Roz – 别担心 我告诉他了 |
[12:26] | How did he take it? | 怎么样 |
[12:28] | Well, he was pretty freaked out actually. | 他还挺崩溃的 |
[12:30] | But I assured him I didn’t need anything from him, | 但是我再三强调我什么也不要 |
[12:33] | and I was going to raise this baby by myself. | 我会自己抚养这个孩子 |
[12:36] | Anyway, he’s going to be fine. | 总之 他会没事的 |
[12:38] | Oh my God. I’m late for a doctor’s appointment. | 哎呦 我约了医生 都要迟到了 |
[12:40] | Are you all right? | 你没什么事吧 |
[12:41] | Yeah, I guess so. | 还好吧 |
[12:43] | Can I take you to dinner tonight? | 咱们今晚一起吃饭吧 |
[12:45] | Thank you, Frasier, that would be nice. | 谢谢 Frasier 我很愿意 |
[12:48] | – I’ll see you later. – OK, bye. | – 晚上见 – 好的 回见 |
[12:51] | Boy, I can’t stand these yuppie joints. | 见鬼 我真是受不了这帮嬉皮士 |
[12:54] | Some bozo went through the bathroom | 有个傻蛋把厕所涂鸦里的语法错误 |
[12:56] | correcting all the grammar in the graffiti with a red pen. | 都用红笔批注了一遍 一个没拉 |
[12:59] | Yes, I noticed. | 嗯 我也注意到了 |
[13:00] | Yeah? Who’s got that much time on his hands? | 是吧 到底是谁这么吃饱了撑得 |
[13:02] | Unbelievable. | 难以置信 |
[13:03] | – It was Niles, wasn’t it? – I’ll talk to him again. | – 是Niles干的 是不 – 我会再跟他谈谈的 |
[13:10] | It’s open, Frasier. | 门开着呢 Frasier |
[13:14] | I’m sorry. I probably should have called first. | 抱歉 我应该先打个电话来的 |
[13:17] | No, that’s all right. I’m just surprised to see you. | 没事 没事 只是看见你来了 我有点吃惊 |
[13:20] | I’m surprised to be here myself. | 我自己也有点吃惊 |
[13:25] | – Come in. – Thanks. | – 进来吧 – 谢谢 |
[13:30] | These are for you. | 这是给你的 |
[13:33] | There was a card, | 本来有张卡片的 |
[13:33] | but it kind of blew off on my way over. | 但是在路上被风刮走了 |
[13:35] | I rode my bike. | 我骑车来的 |
[13:39] | – I acted like an idiot today. – No, it’s OK. | – 我今天表现太屎了 – 没什么 我能理解 |
[13:41] | No, it’s not. I mean, when you told me, | 不 很有什么 当你告诉我的时候 |
[13:43] | all I could think about was myself | 我满脑子想的都是我自己 |
[13:46] | and how it was going to affect me. | 这事儿会给我带来什么影响 |
[13:48] | But once I calmed down, | 但是当我冷静下来 |
[13:51] | I started thinking about you | 我开始为你着想 |
[13:53] | and the… | 还有 |
[13:55] | – Baby. – Yeah. | – 宝宝 – 对 |
[13:57] | So, that’s the other reason I’m here. | 这也是我今天来的原因 |
[14:01] | I’m not going to Paris. I’m quitting school. | 我不去巴黎了 我要辍学 |
[14:04] | I’m going to work at the cafe full time. | 我要全职在咖啡店工作 |
[14:07] | So you’ve come to tell me you’ve lost your mind. | 也就是说 你跑来是想告诉我你疯了 |
[14:10] | No, I came here to ask you to marry me. | 不是 我来是向你求婚的 |
[14:14] | Oh, Rick… | 哦 Rick |
[14:16] | That’s so wrong. | 这样是不对的 |
[14:21] | Yeah, that’s right. | 对了 |
[14:23] | Roz, will you marry me? | Roz 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[14:25] | No, the proposal was fine. It was absolutely lovely. | 不是的 你的求婚没问题 很贴心 |
[14:29] | – It’s just that we can’t… – No, please. Don’t say no yet. | – 只是我们不能 – 不 别这么快拒绝我 |
[14:33] | Listen, I have been thinking about this all afternoon. | 你看 我今天想了一下午 |
[14:39] | And I could fall in love with you. | 我可以爱上你的 |
[14:42] | I could be a good husband, a good father. | 我可以成为一个好老公 好爸爸 |
[14:46] | Rick, that’s the whole point of being 20. | Rick 20岁的美妙之处就在这儿啊 |
[14:49] | You could be anything. | 你可以做任何事情 |
[14:52] | I’m much older than you are. I am things. | 我比你大得多 我已经成型了 |
[14:56] | I know what you’re saying, but I’m not too young for this. | 我知道你什么意思 可我也算不小了 |
[15:00] | My mom was only 17 when she had me. | 我妈17岁就生了我 |
[15:02] | – Your mother’s only 37 years old? – Yeah. | – 你妈妈今年才37 – 是啊 |
[15:12] | And would you two hit it off. | 你俩一定能合得来 |
[15:13] | I mean, you guys have a lot in common. | 因为你们有很多共同点呢 |
[15:17] | – You know, Actually, you sort of even look alike. – Stop right there. | – 其实 你们长得也挺像 – 求您别说了 |
[15:21] | Listen, your proposal was so sweet. | 听我说 你的求婚太贴心了 |
[15:28] | – It’s my first one, actually. – Mine, too. | – 说实话 这是我的第一次 – 也是我的第一次 |
[15:31] | You’re so… | 你真是 |
[15:33] | I hope that you can understand why I can’t possibly marry you. | 我希望你能够理解 我不能嫁给你 |
[15:38] | When I get married, it’s going to be to someone I love, | 因为我想嫁给一个我爱的人 |
[15:41] | and someone who loves me, | 也爱我的人 |
[15:44] | and someone who can legally drink champagne at my wedding. | 他还能在我们的婚礼上合法喝香槟 |
[15:50] | OK. I understand. | 好吧 我理解 |
[15:55] | – So is…? – This is the sonogram picture. | – 这是不是 – 这是超声波图 |
[15:57] | I got it this morning. Right there. | 我今早刚刚拿到的 就在那儿 |
[16:00] | Wow, that dot’s my kid. | 哇 这个点是我的娃 |
[16:03] | No, that dot’s just a dot. That dot’s your kid. | 不 那只是个点 这个点才是你的娃 |
[16:07] | – You can have it if you want. – Thank you. | – 你想要的话就拿走吧 – 谢谢 |
[16:10] | I can send you photos, | 要是你愿意 我可以定期给你照片 |
[16:12] | updates, that sort of thing, if you like. | 让你知道宝宝的情况 |
[16:15] | I would like that. Yeah, very much. | 我很愿意 非常愿意 |
[16:20] | – Roz, are you sure…? – Yeah, I’m sure. | – Roz 你确定吗 – 嗯 我确定 |
[16:23] | I think this is the right thing, for you and for me. | 我知道这么做是对的 对你如此 对我也一样 |
[16:28] | Now, go. | 你走吧 |
[16:30] | Go to Paris. Go learn. Go have fun. | 去巴黎 去学习 去找乐子 |
[16:34] | Just don’t come back wearing a beret. | 就是别回来的时候戴个贝雷帽 |
[16:45] | OK. | 好了 |
[16:52] | Take care of yourself. | 你要保重 |
[16:53] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[17:10] | I said go. | 我说了 你走吧 |
[17:12] | But I just got here. | 可是我刚到啊 |
[17:17] | I’m sorry, Frasier. Come in. | 抱歉 Frasier 快进来 |
[17:26] | I ran into Rick in the hall. | 我在走廊里碰到Rick了 |
[17:28] | Yes, he asked me to marry him. | 嗯 他是来求婚的 |
[17:32] | I said no. | 我拒绝了 |
[17:33] | That was very sweet of him. | 这小子还不赖 |
[17:35] | I was just making some tea. You want some? | 我正在沏茶 你来一杯吗 |
[17:38] | Yeah, thanks. With milk, please. | 好啊 谢谢 我要加奶的 |
[17:43] | Well, you’ve had quite a day, haven’t you? | 你这一天可够受的 是不 |
[17:46] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[17:47] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[17:50] | You know, it’s OK to not be fine. | 有时候承认有事也没关系 |
[17:52] | – Is it OK just to be OK? – Yeah, sure. | – 那”还行”行不行 – 可以啊 |
[17:56] | Thanks, Roz. | 谢谢 Roz |
[17:59] | This milk’s expired. | 这牛奶过期了 |
[18:01] | Whoa. It has. | 哇 还真是 |
[18:03] | That’s all right, I can drink the tea straight. | 没事 那我就光喝茶吧 |
[18:07] | I had no idea I let this milk expire. | 我真心不知道这牛奶怎么过期了 |
[18:10] | It’s really all right, Roz. | 没什么大不了了 Roz |
[18:13] | I can’t take this. | 我受不了 |
[18:16] | Damn it, how did I let this happen? | 该死的 我怎么能这样呢 |
[18:19] | Are we still talking about the milk? | 我们还在说牛奶的事吗 |
[18:23] | Don’t you see? Milk is a staple. | 你难道不明白吗 牛奶是宝宝的主食 |
[18:26] | I let a staple go bad. | 我让主食过期了 |
[18:28] | Good mothers don’t let staples go bad. | 好妈妈不会放任宝宝的主食过期的 |
[18:31] | How can I be responsible for a child | 我怎么能负起这么大的责任 |
[18:33] | when I can’t even keep fresh milk in the house? Kids need milk. | 我家里连新鲜牛奶都没有 小孩需要牛奶 |
[18:38] | Roz, if it helps. kids don’t even drink milk for the first year. | Roz 别担心 小孩一岁前不用喝牛奶的 |
[18:42] | See? I didn’t even know that. | 看见了吧 我连这个都不知道 |
[18:46] | I didn’t know that either until I was a parent. | 我当爸爸之前也不知道啊 |
[18:49] | Don’t you understand? I will have to know everything. | 你不明白 我什么事情都得亲力亲为 |
[18:53] | You could know half of everything. You can know about the milk. | 你可以半知半解 你可以只管牛奶的事 |
[18:55] | Lilith could know about the booties, the snuglies. | Lilith可以只管小袜子 小衣服的事 |
[18:57] | You never met Lilith, did you? | 你是没见过Lilith吧 |
[19:05] | Just forget the milk and forget the tea and talk to me. | 你就别管什么牛奶呀 茶呀的了 咱们聊聊 |
[19:10] | I don’t know where to start. | 我不知道从何说起 |
[19:11] | Everything in my life is about to change. | 我的生活要有翻天覆地的改变了 |
[19:15] | My body, my love life… | 我的身体 我的爱情生活 |
[19:17] | Yes, but it’s also going to change in fantastic ways. | 是啊 可是这改变也有美妙的一面呀 |
[19:23] | I remember the first night | 我还记得把Frederick |
[19:24] | I brought Frederick home from the hospital. | 从医院抱回来的第一晚 |
[19:27] | You put this tiny thing into a tiny little bed, | 你把这个小东西放在一张小床上 |
[19:33] | and you look around and you realise | 你抬头看看 然后发现 |
[19:35] | That the entire house has changed. | 整个家都变了 |
[19:40] | I know. I want that. | 我知道 我也想要这个 |
[19:43] | But, God, the responsibility. | 但是 老天爷 这责任重大呀 |
[19:46] | Well, yes, but it’s all worth it. | 是啊 但一切都是值得的 |
[19:51] | You get to share your life with a remarkable little creature | 你能够和这个无与伦比的小家伙一同生活 |
[19:56] | who only lives in the present, | 他只活在当下 |
[19:59] | runs around naked without the slightest bit of shame. | 光着身子到处跑 没羞没臊的 |
[20:03] | Can entertain himself for hours just staring at a shiny object. | 有个亮晶晶的东西盯着 就能美上几个小时 |
[20:07] | Isn’t that wonderful? | 这不是很美好吗 |
[20:08] | Isn’t that Bulldog? | 这不是Bulldog吗 |
[20:14] | Well, technically, yes. | 你说的也对 |
[20:18] | Roz, I’m going to tell you | Roz 我要给你披露一个内幕 |
[20:18] | something l didn’t find out until I became a father. | 这件事我也是当了爸爸才知道的 |
[20:23] | You don’t just love your children. | 你不单单是爱你的孩子 |
[20:29] | You fall in love with them. | 你是一步步爱上他的 |
[20:33] | It’s that same rush, | 就是这样强大的力量 |
[20:36] | that same overwhelming desire | 这样强大的欲望 |
[20:38] | to see them, to hold them, | 让你无时无刻不想见到他 抱着他 |
[20:39] | bore other people to tears with every detail about them. | 到处晒孩子的种种事迹 把别人都烦死 |
[20:45] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[20:48] | I’m going to have a baby. | 我要当妈啦 |
[20:52] | Someone who’s going to call out for mom and it’s gonna be me. | 有人会喊妈妈 而他叫的就是我 |
[20:58] | I’m really scared. | 我真的吓坏了 |
[21:00] | What if I can’t do this by myself? | 要是我自己做不来呢 |
[21:03] | But, Roz, you’re not all by yourself. | 但是 Roz 你不是一个人在战斗 |
[21:08] | I’m here. | 我会在你身边的 |
[21:10] | Thank you, Frasier. | 谢谢 Frasier |
[21:12] | I’ll be available for you in whatever way you wish. | 你想要什么 我都能帮忙 |
[21:15] | From taking you out to dinner | 从带你出去吃饭 |
[21:17] | tonight to that moment in the delivery room | 到在产房里陪伴你 |
[21:19] | when you say welcome to the world, | 迎接新生命 |
[21:22] | little Jimmy or little Sally or… | 迎接小Jimmy 小sally 或者 |
[21:25] | dare I hope, little Frasier. | 我大胆地假设 小Frasier |
[21:27] | Oh my God, I think I’m going to be sick. | 哎呦 好恶心 |
[21:29] | I think I got a little carried away. | 我确实有点过了 |
[21:31] | No, I mean I’m going to hurl. | 不是 我是真的想吐 |
[21:32] | Oh, dear God. I’ll wait here. | 天哪 那我在这儿等你好了 |