时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | Well, Karl, you’ve got two choices. | 好吧 Karl 你有两个选择 |
[00:11] | Either you have the tattoo removed, | 要不你把纹身洗掉 |
[00:14] | or you travel the globe | 要不你就翻遍整个地球 |
[00:15] | searching for another soul mate named Fredwina. | 再找一个叫Fredwina的做你的灵魂伴侣去吧 |
[00:21] | We’ll be right back after this. | 广告之后我们马上回来 |
[00:23] | Hey, I was going over this offer you got from the Siren Cruise Line. | 对了 Siren游轮公司给你发了一封邀请函 |
[00:26] | – They wanna know… – Roz. | – 他们想知道你 – Roz |
[00:28] | – You know my policy on commercial endorsements. – Just listen. | – 你知道我对广告代言很不齿 – 先听我说完 |
[00:31] | One of their celebrity entertainer | 他们有个明星艺人 |
[00:32] | cancelled on a cruise that’s going to Alaska. | 刚取消了去往阿拉斯加航线的船位 |
[00:35] | and they’ll let us both go for free if you’ll fill in. | 要是你愿意去 咱两个人的费用他们全包了 |
[00:37] | and all you have to do is to give a brief lecture… | 你只需做一个简短的演讲 |
[00:39] | Roz, I’m a psychiatrist, not a huckster. | Roz 我一堂堂心理学家 不是跑场子的综艺咖 |
[00:42] | There are still some of us in this profession | 我辈之中总得有人秉承 |
[00:44] | who believe in… mahogany wainscoting? | 职业原则 红木墙板 |
[00:47] | Isn’t that fabulous? Look at those staterooms. | 是不是很上档次 你再看那些头等舱的装潢 |
[00:50] | Not to mention the world-class health spa and gourmet chefs… | 就别说船上顶级的水疗设施和美味佳肴了 |
[00:54] | – It certainly sounds tempting. It’s just… – I know. | – 听起来是挺诱人 只不过 – 我明白 |
[00:56] | I just don’t think it’s right | 我只是觉得不能利用名气 |
[00:57] | to trade on one’s good name for a free trip. | 骗取一趟免费旅行 |
[01:00] | Plenty of people do. Look, | 有的是人这么做 你看 |
[01:01] | Last month Zubin Mehta did one and General Schwarzkopf… | 祖宾梅塔上个月去过 还有施瓦茨科夫将军 |
[01:04] | It says right here Gore Vidal did two of them. | 这上面说戈尔维达尔还去过两次呢 |
[01:07] | Gore Vidal? He hates everything. | 戈尔维达尔 世上什么能讨他的欢心 |
[01:10] | If you feel it would tarnish your image, | 要是你觉得这有损你的形象 |
[01:12] | I’ll just go call Vicki and tell you decided to pass. | 我就跟Vicki说你去不了 |
[01:15] | – Vicki? Who’s Vicki? – She books the celebrities. | – Vicki Vicki是谁 – 她负责邀请明星 |
[01:18] | I met her at a party once a year ago. | 去年我在派对上跟她有过一面之缘 |
[01:20] | I was surprised she remembered me. | 没想到她还记得我 |
[01:21] | – Frasier, we’re on in 15 seconds. – No, just wait a minute. | – Frasier 还有15秒开播 – 不 等会儿 |
[01:24] | You didn’t tell me it’s a favour for a good friend? | 你没跟我说这是为了帮你朋友的忙 |
[01:26] | She’s not a good friend. | 她算哪门子朋友 |
[01:26] | No, Roz, obvious this woman means something to you. | 很明显她跟你十分要好 |
[01:28] | Certainly an awkward position you put me into. | 你老是让我这么为难 |
[01:30] | – Frasier, I don’t care… – All right, I’ll go! | – Frasier 我才不管她 – 别再说了 我去 |
[01:34] | This is the last time I pull your chestnuts out of the fire. | 这可是我最后一次挺身而出 帮你解围了 |
[01:47] | – Hello, Dr Crane. – Hello, Daphne. | – 你好 Crane医生 – 你好 Daphne |
[01:49] | You’re looking very comfortable for afternoon. | 你今天下午很自在嘛 |
[01:53] | I just love days like this. | 我很享受这样的时光 |
[01:55] | Nothing to do, nowhere to go. | 无事可做 也无处可去 |
[01:58] | Although I have a nagging suspicion I’ve forgotten something. | 虽然我总是觉得有个什么事还没做 |
[02:01] | Like getting dressed? | 比如说穿好衣服 |
[02:04] | Oh, I could just watch the rain all day. | 唉 这雨天我怎么都看不够 |
[02:07] | Of course when I was a little girl, I hated the rain. | 不过小时候我很讨厌下雨天 |
[02:10] | Stuck inside, couldn’t go out and play. | 闷在家里 出不了门 |
[02:13] | But my mum would always say, “Enjoy it while you can.” | 那时我妈总会说”趁你还活着就好好享受吧” |
[02:17] | “There’ll be no water in hell.” | “下了地狱可就没有水玩了” |
[02:19] | Course, that was her answer for everything. | 当然 这是她的万金句 |
[02:22] | “Eat your veggies. There’ll be no Brussels sprouts in hell.” | “快啃你的蔬菜吧 地狱里可没有菜花吃” |
[02:26] | “Have a lie down. There’ll be no naps in hell.” | “快躺下吧 地狱里可睡不成午觉” |
[02:33] | Daphne, I am a therapist. | Daphne 我是个心理医生 |
[02:36] | If you’d like to talk about this sometime… | 你愿意的话 随时都可以跟我聊聊 |
[02:39] | About what? | 聊什么 |
[02:42] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[02:44] | I wish I could remember what it is that I forgot to do. | 到底我把什么事情忘了呢 |
[02:47] | Well, you know what they say: | 不过 不是有句话说么 |
[02:49] | if you can’t remember, it probably wasn’t important anyway. | 如果想不起来就说明那件事儿根本不重要 |
[02:52] | – Dad! – Oh, no. | – 爸 – 噢 不 |
[02:55] | You’re dripping! | 你怎么在滴水 |
[02:56] | Yeah, that’s what’ll happen | 傻站在雨中 |
[02:57] | when you standing out in the rain waitin’ for your ride. | 没有车来接你的下场就是这样儿 |
[03:00] | – Mr Crane, I am so sorry. – What the hell were you thinking? | – Crane先生 实在抱歉 – 你怎么能忘了来接我 |
[03:04] | Venting these emotion is all will and good, | 把情绪发泄出来是没错 |
[03:05] | Dad, but I’ve just had these floors waxed. | 可是爸 这地板我才上好蜡 |
[03:07] | I said 4:00 on the corner of 2nd and Bell. | 说好的四点在二号街和贝尔街的十字路口等我 |
[03:09] | Well, you should have called me. | 那 你怎么不打电话给我 |
[03:11] | Well, I was afraid if I went looking for a phone, I’d miss you. | 那 我怕找电话亭的空档错过了你 |
[03:13] | Good point, Dad. Now, you’d | 有道理 爸 过来 |
[03:14] | just step on this paper, please. That’s perfect, thank you. | 踩在这张纸上 行了 好的 谢谢 |
[03:17] | Oh, God, he’s wet too! No No! | 哦 妈呀 它也淋湿了 不 |
[03:19] | Damn him! Daphne, Daphne, | 该死的玩意儿 Daphne Daphne |
[03:21] | get this canine sprinkler out of here! | 快把这洒水狗弄一边去 |
[03:23] | Oh, Now, don’t be too cross with him, Dr Crane. | 不要总是嫌弃它 Crane医生 |
[03:25] | As me mum used to say, there’ll be no dogs in hell. | 我妈曾经说过 到了地狱你可连只狗毛都见不着 |
[03:29] | I sincerely doubt that. | 我严重怀疑 |
[03:33] | – Niles. – Frasier. Hey, Dad. | – Niles – Frasier Hey 老爸 |
[03:35] | I just stop by to return your cookbook. I won’t be needing it. | 我过来还你的食谱 我是用不上了 |
[03:38] | Really, I thought you were preparing an anniversary dinner for Maris. | 你不是在为和Maris的周年纪念日做准备么 |
[03:42] | Not this year. Maris is chosen to fly off to a clinic in the Alps | 今年没戏了 Maris要飞去在阿尔卑斯的诊所 |
[03:45] | for an experimental rejuvenation treatment. | 去做一个尚未通过审批的回春术 |
[03:48] | Only one man performs the procedure, | 只有一个医生能做这个 |
[03:49] | and she wants to see him before he’s extradited. | Maris要赶在他被引渡回国之前见到他 |
[03:54] | – I’m so sorry. – It’s so depressing. | – 太不幸了 – 累觉不爱啊 |
[03:56] | Every time it looks as we’re approaching a | 每次我们刚有点 |
[03:58] | breakthrough in our therapy, Maris runs away. | 疗程中的小突破 Maris就逃避 |
[04:01] | I really hoped that spending time together on our anniversary | 我本想着一起过纪念日 |
[04:04] | would get us over the hump. | 可以抚平平日的不快 |
[04:06] | There, there, Niles. I know how difficult it must be when someone | 没错 说的对 Niles 我知道有些人执于 |
[04:09] | puts their own selfish obsession | 个人私欲却忽视 |
[04:11] | above your emotional needs. Here you are. | 你的情感需求有多强人所难 来 |
[04:14] | Niles, why don’t you take off that wet coat and stay for dinner. | Niles 快把那湿大衣脱了 留下吃饭 |
[04:16] | I’ll get us started with a couple of nice | 我去给大家弄杯热托地酒 |
[04:18] | hot toddies just like we used to make down in Duke’s. | 就我们以前在Duke喝的那种 |
[04:20] | Dad, you know, there’s a recipe in this book for a hot toddy. | 爸 那本食谱书里有热托地酒的制作方法 |
[04:24] | It calls for Courvoisier, camomile tea and a dash of Framboise. | 拿破仑干邑加甘菊茶再来点儿木梅白兰地 |
[04:29] | Garnish it with a few rose petals, | 撮点玫瑰花瓣做点缀 |
[04:31] | and that’s just how Duke used to serve it. | Dukes可不是这么做的 |
[04:34] | Make yourself at home. | 你随便坐吧 |
[04:37] | Poor Niles. You know, Dad, maybe I should… | 可怜的Niles 老爸 或许我应该 |
[04:40] | Stop right there! I know what you’re gonna say. | 别说了 我知道你要说什么 |
[04:42] | You wanna call Maris and talk her to spend her anniversary with Niles. | 你想劝Maris留下来和Niles共度良辰 |
[04:46] | I didn’t realise I’d becoming as predictable as all that. | 你真的我肚子里的蛔虫啊 |
[04:48] | You are. If you ask me… | 一猜就是 但照我看 |
[04:50] | Stop right there! I know what exactly you’re going to say. | 行了 我知道你想说什么 |
[04:52] | You’ll say I should mind my own business, keep my big bazoo shut. | 你认为我就应该别掺和这事儿 快闭上我这张笨嘴 |
[04:56] | I was gonna say “Fat yap”, but you’re in the ballpark. | 我是想说你那张肥嘴 但是你猜的也差不多 |
[04:59] | Well, I just think when two people are having an arguement, | 我只是觉得俩个人争吵的时候 |
[05:02] | their emotions can get the better of them. | 他们没法控制住自己的感受 |
[05:03] | A third party can provide some perspective. | 这时旁观者可以给些建议 |
[05:05] | They already have a therapist. | 他俩已经在看心理医生了 |
[05:07] | If Niles needs any more help, | 如果Niles需要帮助 |
[05:09] | he’s got Dr Jim Beam here, and he makes house calls. | 他可以打给威士忌医生 还能送货上门呢 |
[05:12] | I’m not trying to make you feel guilty, | 我不想你因为这事儿觉得内疚 |
[05:14] | Maris. I hope you enjoy your trip to Switzerland. | Maris 好好在瑞士玩吧 |
[05:17] | Actually, I have plans of my own for | 实际上 我也有别的打算 |
[05:19] | our anniversary that I’m very excited about.Bon voyage! | 而且也很期待 祝你旅途愉快 |
[05:23] | That’s a healthy approach, Niles. What are your plans? | 处理得很好嘛 Niles 你到底有什么安排 |
[05:26] | I thought I’d sit on my couch in my cavernous apartment, | 起码我可以窝在空无一人的房子里 |
[05:28] | rocking back and forth while hugging my knees. | 拥着我的双膝在摇椅上摇啊摇吧 |
[05:33] | Now, Niles, you’re not gonna be alone | 听着 Niles 你才不会独自一人 |
[05:34] | on your anniversary. You’ll have me and Frasier. | 过什么纪念日呢 我们会陪着你 |
[05:37] | Well, actually, I’ve agreed | 对了 正好我答应 |
[05:39] | to give a lecture on a cruise to Alaska. | 在去阿拉斯加的游轮上做个演讲 |
[05:43] | But I don’t see a reason why you two shouldn’t join me.Why don’t you? | 你们应该跟我一道去 你们说呢 |
[05:46] | – That’d be great, wouldn’t it, Niles? – I don’t know. | – 太棒了 是不是 Niles – 我不知道 |
[05:50] | Come on, Niles, it’d take your mind off your troubles. | 来吧 正好可以忘了你那些烦心事 |
[05:53] | I appreciate your concern really, | 谢谢你这么为我着想 |
[05:54] | but whisking me off on a cruise… | 但是要我为拂去烦恼坐船逃避 |
[05:56] | I’m not as emotionally fragile as all that. | 我还没脆弱到那个地步 |
[05:58] | As you wish. Well, Dad, I guess it’ll just be you and me then. | 你随便吧 这样 老爸 就剩你和我了 |
[06:02] | – Yeah. When do we leave? – Fourteenth. | – 耶 我们什么时候去 – 14号 |
[06:04] | The fourteenth? | 14号 |
[06:26] | You know, that just gets funnier and funnier each time you do it. | 知道吗 这怪音一次比一次有意思 |
[06:30] | No, no, I’m wrong. | 不 不 我错了 |
[06:35] | Hey! Some ship, huh? How’s your stateroom? | Hey 这船不错吧 你的房间怎么样 |
[06:39] | I’d hardly call it a stateroom. Wouldn’t even call it a room, | 我觉得称不上船舱 连个窝都算不上 |
[06:42] | but I don’t know the nautical term for “Broom closet with sconces.” | 但是我找不到什么词来形容这种装有烛台的杂物间 |
[06:46] | – How’s yours? – The same. | – 你的呢 – 一样糟 |
[06:49] | Worse even. I’m sure you have a better view | 还不如你那间 你窗外的 |
[06:51] | from your porthole than I do. | 景色肯定比我的好 |
[06:53] | – You have a porthole? – What difference does it make? | – 你的房间有舷窗 – 也没什么大不了嘛 |
[06:56] | A cabin’s just a place to shower and change your clothes | 房间只是用来冲凉换衣裳的地方 |
[06:58] | You have a shower? | 你的房间还可以洗澡 |
[07:01] | All I have is a nozzle and floor drain. | 我那屋只有个喷头和地漏 |
[07:02] | It took me an hour to put those two things together. | 花了一小时我才意识到那就是淋浴了 |
[07:06] | Now the buffets come at a pretty good clip, so you gotta pace yourself. | 吃自助餐可是有学问的 要掌握好节奏 |
[07:10] | And watch out for your fillers, | 看好你想吃的 |
[07:11] | your breads, your rolls, your chips and dips. | 面包 肉卷 薯片还有蘸酱 |
[07:15] | You’ve only got so much room. Don’t be a hero. | 胃只有那么大 不能瞎逞能 |
[07:21] | – Hey, guys! – Hey! Hey, Fras, this is great! | – Hey 伙计们 – Hey Hey Fras 太棒了不是 |
[07:26] | You got one of those cabins | 你房间里也是整个卫生间 |
[07:26] | where the whole bathroom turns into a shower? | 都是淋浴房吧 |
[07:31] | Yes Dad, Before you say anything | 是啊 老爸 在你发表评论之前 |
[07:33] | I had no idea what | 我也不知道船方给我们安排的 |
[07:34] | Spartan conditions we were in for. | 是斯巴达野蛮原始生活啊 |
[07:36] | That’s quite all right. Once I got | 这点算什么 我一度 |
[07:37] | over my fear that I’d be hauled below decks | 生怕被绑架到甲板下面跟水手铐在一起 |
[07:39] | and manacled to another oarsman, I started to enjoy myself. | 现在过了那个劲儿 还不是生龙活虎的 |
[07:44] | But you know I suppose that I won’t spend much time in my cabin anyway. | 不过反正我也不会在房间里呆很久 |
[07:46] | I’ll hobnob with my fellow celebrities. | 多数时间还要和船上的名流之辈混在一起 |
[07:49] | They got a lot of big names on board. Did you see the pictures? | 这船上可多大人物了 你看到那张照片没 |
[07:52] | “Live and in person: radio star Dr Frasier Crane.” | “亲身接触播音界明星 Frasier Crane医生” |
[07:56] | – How about that? – Boy, that’s a little embarrassing. | – 感觉怎么样 – 好羞涩啊 |
[07:58] | I don’t know if I care for the word “star,” | 跟船上其他大明星比起来 |
[08:00] | considering the calibre of the other people on board. | 我算不上什么名人吧 |
[08:03] | “The comedy stylings of Giggles O’Shea.” | “谐星宠儿 Giggles O’Shea” |
[08:09] | Oh, yes, you’re in stellar company. | 哇 是啊 你们还真是众星璀璨呢 |
[08:13] | Look, they even managed to | 看 他们居然还想法子 |
[08:15] | snare a magician: “The Amazing Lance Gould.” | 弄来个魔术师 “万能的Lance Gould” |
[08:17] | Oh, he’s great! I caught his act in Reno a few years ago. | 喔 他老牛逼了 我几年前在里诺看过他的演出 |
[08:21] | For his finale, he made his own head disappear. | 最后一场 他把脑袋都变没了 |
[08:25] | Now, did the toupee go too, | 假发是不是也跟着消失了 |
[08:27] | – or did it just hover over the collar? – Dear God! | – 还是这些毛发漂浮在 – 苍天啊 |
[08:29] | You’ve booked me on a floating Gong Show! | 你这是把我弄进了一个杂技团啊 |
[08:33] | What happened to Zubin Mehta and Gore Vidall? | Mehta 和 Vidal呢 |
[08:35] | I am so sorry, Frasier, I had no idea. | 十分抱歉 Frasier 我毫不知情 |
[08:37] | I guess they just book all their A-list celebrities on big ships. | 我猜他们把一线名流都安排在大船上了 |
[08:40] | Your attention, please. The “Taste of Alaska” buffet | 各位 请注意 我们将在 |
[08:43] | is now being served on the Lido deck. | 甲板上供应阿拉斯加美食自助餐 |
[08:46] | That’s my cue. You guys comin’? | 叫我了 你们来不 |
[08:48] | Dad, we had a big lunch at home. | 爸 我们在家已经吃过午餐了 |
[08:50] | Rookie mistake. See you at dinner. | 新手的失误 那我们晚餐见了 |
[08:55] | Frasier, it’s not that bad. Look, at least you got top billing. | Frasier 也不算太坏啦 至少这船上你才是大佬 |
[08:58] | Well, of course I got top billing! | 可不是 那必须是我好吧 |
[08:59] | – I’m the only one up there I’ve ever heard of! – Come on, what about him? | – 这船上其他人我听都没听说过 – 那 他呢 |
[09:03] | “Latin Singing Sensation Carlos ‘The Barracuda’ Del Gato?” | “拉丁煽情王子 Carlos The Barracuda Del Gato” |
[09:08] | Yeah, don’t you remember him from the ’70s? | 是啊 你不记得他在70年代曾 |
[09:11] | He invented that big dance craze, the Barracuda. | 开创了Barracuda舞的热潮么 |
[09:13] | Believe it or not, Maris was a big fan of his. | 你可能不信 但Maris可是他的超级粉丝 |
[09:16] | – No. – Yes, that was the one dance she could do. | – 真的 – 是 那是她唯一能跳的舞 |
[09:19] | The Hustle was too strenuous. | 哈梭舞对她来说太吃力 |
[09:21] | She had no booty to shake… | 她也没有丰臀可扭 |
[09:26] | but her fetching little | 但是她那迷人的 |
[09:27] | underbite was just perfect for the Barracuda. | 小兜齿简直就是为Barracuda舞而生 |
[09:35] | Niles, why is that woman staring at you? | Niles 那个女的为什么老是盯着你看 |
[09:40] | God help me! It’s that awful Mimi Cosgrove | 天哪 那个讨人厌的 |
[09:42] | from the country club. Hide me! | 乡村俱乐部的Mimi Cosgrove 掩护我 |
[09:44] | She’s a man-eating lush who’d go… | 她是个见了男人就猛扑的酒鬼 还 |
[09:46] | – Niles? – Mimi, you funny little good-for-nothing Mimi! | – Niles – Mimi 你个一无是处的小淘气Mimi |
[09:52] | – What are you doing here? – Oh, looking for the bar. | – 你怎么会在这 – 哦 我在找酒吧 |
[09:55] | Oh, there it is. | 喔 不就在这呢么 |
[09:58] | – Let me buy you a cocktail. – Oh, you know… | – 我请你喝杯酒吧 – 哦 其实我 |
[09:59] | I don’t know what it is about the ocean that makes me so thirsty. | 不知道是大海还是什么 让我觉得分外渴 |
[10:03] | Woo, Have you been working out? | 哇 你有在健身么 |
[10:08] | Look, there he is. The Barracuda. | 看 他来了 Barracuda舞男 |
[10:11] | How thrilling! A fellow headliner on the USS Has-been. | 好激动哦 这不是美国老掉牙歌手榜的大红人么 |
[10:15] | Oh, shut up. | 哦 差不多得了 |
[10:17] | Come on Roz, let’s go over my notes for my lecture. | 走吧 Roz 我们去对一下我的演讲稿 |
[10:20] | Dr Frasier Crane? I am Carlos Del Gato. | Frasier Crane医生 我是Carols Del Gato |
[10:26] | Hello. It’s a pleasure to meet you. This is Roz Doyle. | 你好 幸会啊 这位是Roz Doyle |
[10:30] | – Buenas noches. Habla espagol? – Oh, not really. | – 你好亲爱的 你会说西班牙语么 – 哦 不会 |
[10:34] | It’s no matter. I am sure | 没关系的 我敢说 |
[10:36] | you are schooled in the international language. | 你一定是在国际语言的侵泡中长大的 |
[10:40] | Oh, yes, Roz. Say something amusing in Esperanto. | 哦 可不是 Roz 快用世界语讲个段子 |
[10:46] | You know, each night | 话说 每天晚上 |
[10:47] | I select the most beautiful | 我都会从观众中选出一个最漂亮的 |
[10:49] | woman in my audience and present to her a red rose. | 妞儿并为她献上一朵红玫瑰 |
[10:53] | This means the evening has just begun. | 这表示属于我们彼此的夜晚才刚刚开始 |
[10:57] | Perhaps one night you will be my especial lady. | 或许哪晚你就会成为我的侧别铝士 |
[11:03] | Until then… | 到那时… |
[11:12] | OK, you’re right. We’re on the voyage of the damned. | 好吧 你没说错 我们的旅行真是糟透了 |
[11:18] | – So, are you still separated? – I’m afraid so. | – 那么你还在分居中么 – 可以这么说 |
[11:21] | – Oh, you poor thing. – Well, we’re trying. | – 哦 我的小可怜儿 – 其实我们还没放弃 |
[11:24] | – We’re in therapy. – Oh, good. | – 在做心理辅导 – 噢 那就好 |
[11:27] | You know how much I’ve always thought of you and… | 我总是想起你还有你们家那位… |
[11:30] | – Maris. – Yeah, an angel. | – Maris – 对 小天使 |
[11:32] | If there’s any way I can be of comfort to you, | 如果有什么方式能够安慰你 |
[11:34] | well, you just let me know. | 恩 你就跟我说 |
[11:37] | – What is that marvellous fragrance? – That’s… | – 这是什么味道那么迷人 – 那是 |
[11:39] | I beg your pardon, sir. | 打扰一下先生 |
[11:41] | The lady wants to send you this with her compliments. | 有位女士给你送了杯酒 |
[11:43] | – What lady? – Back there in the black dress and veil. | – 什么女士 – 那边穿着黑裙子戴着面纱的女士 |
[11:48] | – Maris! – There was one more thing. | – Maris – 还有件事 |
[11:50] | Yes? | 什么 |
[11:58] | I’m really very sorry, sir, | 十分抱歉 先生 |
[11:59] | but she gave me the biggest tip I’ve ever seen. | 但是那位女士给的小费可以砸死我了 |
[12:01] | I’m sure you can convince Maris this is all completely innocent. | 我相信你一定能说服Maris相信咱两完全是清白的 |
[12:06] | If not, I’m in cabin 712. | 但是如果不成 我住712房 |
[12:10] | Niles Niles What happened? Was that Maris I saw running out of here? | 怎么回事 刚跑出去的不是Maris么 |
[12:13] | Yes, she saw Mimi pawing me and assumed the worst. | 她看到Mimi对我上下其手 就想偏了 |
[12:16] | I got to speak to her. | 我得追上去跟她解释清楚 |
[12:17] | – How upset was she looks ? – I couldn’t see past the outfit. | – 她看起来非常生气么 – 根本看不到她的脸啊 |
[12:20] | Who wears a black dress and veil on a cruise? | 谁在游轮上穿黑裙子还蒙面 |
[12:22] | Roz, the woman has virtually no pigmentation. | Roz 她皮下没有丁点儿色素沉淀 |
[12:24] | Three minutes in the sun, she’d sear like an ahi tuna. | 太阳下稍微待三分钟马上就成烤金枪鱼 |
[12:29] | She’s supposed to be in Switzerland. What’s she doing here? | 她现在不是应该在瑞士么 跑这来干嘛 |
[12:33] | Niles, Niles, I’m sorry. | Niles Niles 对不起 |
[12:35] | I’m afraid that this may be partly my fault. | 我想这可能是我的错 |
[12:38] | You see, I left a message | 是这样 我在她的答录机上 |
[12:39] | on her machine saying how upset you were | 留言说你非常伤心 |
[12:42] | and it might be fun if she could join us on the cruise. | 如果她能和我们一起乘船出行 一定能让你开心 |
[12:45] | You invited her to come and didn’t tell me? | 你请她来却把我蒙在鼓里 |
[12:48] | I thought it would be a nice surprise. | 我以为这是个不错的惊喜 |
[12:49] | Oh, well, it worked out perfectly! | 哦 可不是 惊喜死我了 |
[12:53] | She’s probably on the phone right now | 她现在一定打电话安排 |
[12:54] | arranging to fly home from the next port. | 在下一个港口停靠的时候就飞回去了 |
[12:56] | Excuse me, the lady who sent me the champagne, | 刚才送香槟给我的那位女士 |
[12:59] | do you happen to know which stateroom she’s in? | 你也许知道她住几号房间 |
[13:00] | No, sir, but she did ask me to give you a message. | 不知道 先生 但是她托我给你带个信儿 |
[13:11] | Just out of curiosity, how much are these running her? | 我就是好奇哈 她到底摔给你多少钱 |
[13:17] | You’re on in 20 minutes. How’s your speech coming? | 还有20分钟就到你了 演讲稿怎么样了 |
[13:21] | It’s hard to concentrate. I’m so concerned about Niles. | 我根本无法集中精力 还在担心Niles的事 |
[13:24] | I like this opening joke you wrote. It’s very funny. | 我很喜欢你写的这个开场白笑话 笑死我了 |
[13:28] | Thank you. I can’t take all the credit. | 谢谢 这不完全是我一个人想出来的 |
[13:31] | I had a patty melt with Giggles before his show. | Giggles演出前我们一起吃了肉饼 他启发了我 |
[13:37] | Oh, Niles, I can’t tell you again how sorry I am for meddling. | 哦 Niles 现在事情弄成这样 你不知道我有多自责 |
[13:44] | – How did it go with Maris? – Terribly. | – Maris怎么样 – 糟透了 |
[13:46] | This is without a doubt the most depressing night of my life. | 毋庸置疑这是我这辈子最悲催的一晚 |
[13:53] | That is so fun… I’m sorry. | 太好笑了… 对不住啊 |
[13:57] | I spent hours looking for her. | 这几个小时我到处找她 |
[13:59] | Then I remembered her fondness for the Barracuda. | 后来我想起来她不是喜欢Barracuda吗 |
[14:01] | I ran down the lounge,found that Latin | 等我跑去大堂正好看见 |
[14:03] | cheeseball was crooning his ghastly song directly to her. | 那个肥拉丁芝士球正对她唱淫词艳曲 |
[14:07] | I started to approached, then a waiter came over. | 我走向他们 然后服务员过来又泼了我一脸 |
[14:09] | By the time I got the champagne | 等我擦干眼睛里的 |
[14:10] | out of my eyes, she’d disappeared into the crowd. | 香槟的时候 她已经不见了 |
[14:14] | I waited after the show. She didn’t come out. | 我等到散场也没有看到她出来 |
[14:18] | Neither did Del Gato. | Del Gato也没有出来 |
[14:20] | Niles, what are you implying? | Niles 你这话什么意思 |
[14:22] | You know Maris and her taste for revenge. | 你知道Maris她报复的方式 |
[14:24] | If she thinks I’m having an affair with Mimi, | 如果她误会我和Mimi有什么 |
[14:25] | then she’s gonna try to punish me in kind. | 她一定会以牙还牙的 |
[14:28] | Wow! Do you really think she’s planning to do the Barracuda? | 喔 你真觉得她要去上了Barrcuda(跳Barrcuda舞) |
[14:37] | Niles, don’t jump to conclusions. | Niles 别乱下结论 |
[14:41] | That’s exactly what Maris did. | Maris不就是乱想 结果想多了吗 |
[14:44] | Says a lot about our marriage, doesn’t it. No trust on either side. | 我们的婚姻就是这样 互不信任 |
[14:47] | What hope is there for us? | 简直无药可救 |
[14:49] | – Is there anything I can do? – No, you’ve done enough. | – 我能帮上什么忙么 – 不 你乱还没捣够吗 |
[14:53] | I’m just going to take a walk. | 我出去随便走走 |
[14:56] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 |
[14:58] | Oh, I feel so guilty. | 哦 都是我的错 |
[15:01] | When will I learn to stop interfering in other people’s affairs? | 我什么时候才能学会不要干扰别人的事 |
[15:06] | I better go talk to Maris and see if I can fix this. | 不行我得跟Maris谈谈 看能不能让他们重归于好 |
[15:10] | – Are you gonna butt in again? – I don’t see what business that is of yours? | – 你还掺和啊你 – 关你什么事啊 |
[15:13] | – There’s your dad. – Oh, no. | – 你爸来了 – 哦 不 |
[15:15] | If he finds out, I’ll never hear the end of it. | 如果他知道了 他又要絮絮叨叨个没完 |
[15:18] | Boy, that Taste of Alaska spread was a bust. | 天哪 阿拉斯加餐真是棒极了 |
[15:21] | Wanna know what caribou meat tastes like? | 知道驯鹿肉吃起来什么味儿么 |
[15:24] | Not chicken. | 反正不像鸡肉 |
[15:28] | – Where’s Niles? – He’s out for a walk. | – Niles人呢 – 他散步去了 |
[15:32] | Oh, I may as well tell you the whole thing. | 噢 算了 我实话跟你说吧 |
[15:35] | Maris is on board. She and Niles had a horrible fight | Maris在船上呢 他俩刚大吵了一架 |
[15:40] | and their marriage is in worse shape than it’s ever been before. | 他们的婚姻面临着前所未有的危机 |
[15:42] | No need telling you how she got here in the first place | 至于她怎么会在这儿 我就不解释了吧 |
[15:45] | I know, I know. | 我就知道 |
[15:46] | What was I thinking, inviting her to come on the cruise? | 我是怎么想的 非请她来 |
[15:48] | You invited Maris? | 你请了Maris来 |
[15:50] | Yeah, Niles was so upset about being alone on their anniversary. | 我不是因为看着Niles一个人过纪念日伤心难过么 |
[15:54] | It seemed like a good idea. | 所以我想着这主意不会错 |
[15:56] | Smart, huh? I give you all this guff about buttin’ in | 抖机灵啊 我刚刚教训你不要瞎管别人的事儿 |
[15:59] | and then I turn round and do the same damn thing. | 结果自己转身却去做了 |
[16:01] | Oh, Dad, don’t be too hard on yourself. | 哦 老爸 不要太责备自己嘛 |
[16:06] | – Frasier? – Oh, all right! | – Frasier – 哦 好吧 |
[16:09] | – I invited Maris, too. – You did? | – 我也邀请了Maris – 你也是 |
[16:12] | – Yeah. – I thought I’ve told you to keep your big bazoo shut! | – 是啊 – 我不是跟你说过管好你那张笨嘴吗 |
[16:15] | Oh, you’re the one to talk! | 哦 是谁在这说教呢 |
[16:16] | – What are we gonna do now? – Nothing, nothing at all. | – 我们现在怎么办 – 还怎么办 没办法 |
[16:19] | Let them resolve their own differences. | 让他们自己解决分歧吧 |
[16:22] | – Stay on the sidelines where we belong. – Right. | – 我们本分地靠边待着就行了 – 恩 |
[16:25] | Better get going. I’ll miss the first seating for dinner. | 我得走了 要不晚餐时占不着好座位了 |
[16:27] | Dad, my lecture’s in 15 minutes. | 爸 还有15分钟我就要演讲了 |
[16:29] | Oh, jeez. Well, I guess I can’t do everything. | 噢 天哪 我就说得有所取舍吧 |
[16:32] | Tell me how it went at the midnight buffet. | 夜宵自助餐的时候再告诉我演讲的情况吧 |
[16:37] | – Well I guess, we’d better head to your lecture. – Right. | – 成了 咱们也该去演讲的地方了 – 好的 |
[16:39] | – First, I’m gonna go talk to Maris. – You just said… | – 不过 我要先去找Maris谈谈 – 你刚说过 |
[16:43] | Forget what I said! You’re coming along too. | 别想着我说什么了 你也得去 |
[16:45] | Why do you need me? I don’t even know her. | 我去干嘛 我又不认识她 |
[16:46] | You can vouch for Niles’ innocence. | 你一同去证明Niles的无辜 |
[16:48] | All right. I’m kind of curious to meet her anyway. | 那好吧 我倒也挺想见见她长什么样 |
[16:50] | You know all those years I’ve never actually seen her face. | 这么多年了我都没看见过她的脸 |
[16:53] | I haven’t seen her most recent one, | 她最近整过的脸我也还没见着 |
[16:54] | so this’ll be a new experience for both of us. | 所以对于咱俩来说都是新体验 |
[16:59] | All right, now listen, let me do all the talking. | 行了 听着 主要还是由我来说 |
[17:00] | Oh, if it looks like she has | 哦 对了 如果她看着像 |
[17:02] | an orange Abyssinian on her head, don’t stare. | 顶了只桔色的阿比西尼亚猫在头上 别盯着那儿看 |
[17:06] | That’s a wiglet. | 那是她的假发发片 |
[17:10] | All through. Have a nice evening. | 都打扫好了 祝您有个愉快的夜晚 |
[17:13] | Damn. She must not be here. What are you doing? Roz, you can’t go in. | 妹的 她没在房间 你在干吗 你不能进去 |
[17:17] | I just want to see the room. | 我只想看看这个房间 |
[17:17] | You can’t just barge into someone’s room. | 你不能就这样随便进入别人的房间 |
[17:20] | Oh, My God! Is that a grand piano? | 天哪 我的神 居然有架台式钢琴 |
[17:25] | – Frasier, look. – Barracuda’s calling card. | – Frasier 快看 – Barracuda的定情信物 |
[17:30] | That means he’s chosen Maris to be his… | 那就是说他选中Maris作为他今晚的 |
[17:33] | Especial lady. | 侧别的铝淫 |
[17:37] | She’s coming. | 她来了 |
[17:40] | Why are we hiding? You came here to talk to her. | 我们干嘛要藏起来 你不就是来找她的嘛 |
[17:43] | Because it’s impossible to extol the virtues of | 因为谁也不会相信一个 |
[17:44] | trust to someone whose room you’ve just broken into. | 随便闯进你房间里的人说的话 |
[17:47] | She’s coming! | 她要进来了 |
[17:50] | Oh, dear God! | 哦 我的亲爹啊 |
[17:52] | – The shower is bigger than my entire cabin! – Shut up! | – 这淋浴间比我整个房间都大 – 别说话了 |
[17:58] | Martin Martin! | |
[18:02] | – What are you here? – We came to talk to Maris. | – 你们在这干嘛 – 我们来和Maris谈谈 |
[18:05] | – What are you here? – The same as you. | – 你在这干嘛 – 我也是啊 |
[18:07] | – Then why did you come in the bathroom? – Well, what do you think? | – 那你跑到洗手间来干嘛 – 恩 你说我还能干嘛 |
[18:13] | – Oh, all right. – Let’s get the hell out of here. | – 噢 行了 – 咱们赶快从这出去吧 |
[18:17] | It’s Maris. | 是Maris |
[18:18] | What’s the big deal? Why don’t we just go out and talk to her? | 那又怎么了 我们出去跟她说清楚就是了 |
[18:22] | We can’t out. She may not be alone. | 我们不能出去 万一她不是一个人 |
[18:24] | Remember the rose? | 你忘了那束玫瑰了 |
[18:25] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 |
[18:28] | Oh, I don’t see her. Maybe she went back out. | 哦 我看不到她了 或许她又出去了 |
[18:31] | Oh, wait, I see her coat on a hat rack. | 哦 等下 我看到她的大衣在衣架上 |
[18:36] | Look closer. | 再使劲儿看 |
[18:39] | Is the hat rack moving? | 那衣架是不是在走动 |
[18:43] | – Oh my God! – What’s she doing? | – 哦 我的天哪 – 她在干吗 |
[18:46] | – Well, she seems to be alone. – That’s good. | – 哦 看起来好像就她自己 – 那就好 |
[18:49] | – She’s pouring champagne. Two glasses. – Oh,that’s bad. | – 她在倒香槟 倒了两杯 – 哦 完了 |
[18:52] | She’s putting on music. | 她去开音乐了 |
[18:54] | (Do the barracuda) | *快来跳Barracuda* (上了Barracuda) |
[18:58] | Oh, that’s bad. On so many levels. | 哦 真是哪儿哪儿都一团糟啊 |
[19:02] | She’s coming this way. | 她朝这边走过来了 |
[19:07] | Shut up! Shut up! | 别说话 别说话 |
[19:26] | She’s gone. | 她走了 |
[19:27] | How are we gonna get outta here? | 我们怎么才能从这逃出去 |
[19:30] | No idea, but I’ve got about | 我怎么知道 我只知道 |
[19:32] | three minutes before I have to be downstairs | 三分钟后我必须在楼下演讲 |
[19:33] | or 200 people will be solely disappointed. | 否则200多口子就只能失望而归 |
[19:35] | 200 people? Where’d you hear that? | 200多个观众 你从哪听说的 |
[19:38] | They told me that was the room capacity. | 他们说礼堂可以容纳那么多人 |
[19:40] | Oh! Oh, come on! Giggles had to add a show. | 哦 哦 不是吧 连Giggles都加了一场 |
[19:46] | She’s gonna hear us. | 别让她听见我们说话 |
[19:48] | – It’s the Barracuda. – Who’s the Barracuda? | – 是Barracuda – 谁是Barracuda |
[19:50] | He’s a sleazy Latin lounge singer Maris is gonna sleep with | 一个低俗张扬的歌星 为了报复Niles亲吻Mimi |
[19:53] | – to get back at Niles for kissing Mimi. – Who’s Mimi? | – Maris就要跟他上床了 – Mimi是谁 |
[19:55] | A horny society boozer and Mrs O’Leary’s cow but currently in predicament. | 饥渴的酒鬼 Mrs O’Leary的小跟班 但现在被开了 |
[19:58] | – Who’s Mrs O’Leary? – A woman in Chicago who… | – Mrs O’Leary又是谁 – 一个在芝加哥的… |
[20:01] | oh, I don’t have the time! | 回头再缕好么 我们哪有这时间 |
[20:04] | The important thing we must stop her | 关键是我们得在她做出什么傻事儿 |
[20:05] | before she’s doing something damages her relationship forever. | 彻底地毁灭他们的婚姻之前阻止她 |
[20:07] | We cannot go out there now. We don’t want to walk in on two of them. | 我们现在又不能出去 我不想撞见他们两个在一起 |
[20:11] | I don’t want to see that. I just ate caribou. | 我才不要看那个 我才吃了驯鹿肉 |
[20:17] | Oh, very well. | 哦 好吧 |
[20:19] | It seems I’m the only one who | 看来只有我一个人 |
[20:19] | really cares about this relationship. I will go and do it. | 真心在乎这事儿 那我来 |
[20:28] | Maris, what a lovely bathroom! | Maris 多么漂亮的浴室啊 |
[20:33] | What are you doing here? | 你们几个在这干嘛 |
[20:34] | We came to convince Maris | 我们来说服Maris |
[20:35] | there is nothing going on between you and Mimi. | 跟她说清你跟Mimi什么事儿也没有 |
[20:37] | What are you doing here? | 你又在这干嘛呢 |
[20:38] | Maris and I ran into each other on the deck. | 我在甲板上碰见了Maris |
[20:40] | We had a long talk and she invited me back here for a glass of champagne. | 我们谈了很久 然后她邀我过来喝杯香槟 |
[20:44] | Oh, that’s great, Niles. | 哦 太好了 Niles |
[20:45] | You know, it might mar the mood a bit if she finds you all spying on her. | 要是发现你们在这监视她 可能会破坏气氛喔 |
[20:49] | – Did you use that mouthwash? – No, no, Maris did. | – 你们谁用了漱口水么 – 没有 是Maris |
[20:52] | My God! She’s in the mood for more than champagne. | 哦天哪 她想要的不仅仅是喝杯香槟而已 |
[20:57] | You’ve got to leave here right now. | 你们得赶快离开这里 |
[20:58] | Just give me time to see her out to the balcony. | 先等我把她骗去阳台你们再走 |
[21:00] | A balcony? | 阳台 |
[21:07] | Count to ten and then scram, | 数到十你们就跑 |
[21:09] | so Maris and I can celebrate | 这样我和Maris |
[21:09] | the way a man and his wife were meant to. | 才能像正常夫妻一样那样庆祝 |
[21:14] | She started without me. | 她已经自己开始了 |
[21:19] | Drinking the champagne. | 我是说喝香槟 |